Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
2.89/5

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

310 Land Rover Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 29, 2019

60000 miles just replaced the fuel pump and the turbocharger. Luckily RR covered it under the warranty. Overall I love the vehicle. It is very comfortable and I like the interior and the exterior styling. No other issues really. Hopefully we're good from here in out.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I took the vehicle to Land Rover to complain an engine noise. They found out the engine bearing was bad and need a new engine. Further testing, they found out one of the system need a new update software. After getting a new engine it took 2 months to get the vehicle back. At the cashier department, I overheard customers complaining about the high cost to normal maintenance. After this, I will never ever buy another Land Rover. It just a cheap made, over price vehicle

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased this new Range Rover PHEV in May last year. In September we couldn't detach the charging cable. Roadside assist came and said the fault with this is so bad it needs to go to the dealer. This took the dealer and Land Rover 3 months to fix, with all sorts of faults discovered and waits for parts. We get it back and start to get major issues with the infotainment system and departure timers losing settings at random, or the car locking up during the charging cycle, so it won't actually charge. There no traffic info available now, the sun blind operates on its own while driving, the radio can change volume on its own, camera alerts are at maximum system volume, sometimes the infotainment system won't come on until you drive a mile or so.

I have documented these and other faults, but are told there's nothing wrong with the car. I even have video evidence, but nothing is being done by JLR, who are aware of it, both at Dealer and Factory level. The leather seats are showing signs of wear on the seat base - The dealer "steamed" the leather to cure the issues, 500 miles later it's as bad as ever. I understand too that it's now subject to a recall because the engine does not meet publish emission standards. We have purchased over the years 2 Discos and 9 Range Rovers - Never again will I buy a JLR product, there's simply inadequate support.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 was a wonderful car to drive, beautiful interior, looked amazing from the outside as well. I didn't have any complaints with it other than it was expensive to repair when things came up, and they did. But I knew what I was getting into and when you buy an expensive, luxury vehicle you expect this. What I didn't expect was a timing chain failure that destroyed the engine at 77,000 miles. What made this worse were a couple things.

I apparently was wrong about the extended warranty I purchased. The dealer played the extended warranty as a way to buy extra coverage once the manufacturers warranty ended. This would have given me coverage for another year and or up to 80k mileage, which is what I thought I bought. Apparently Rovers don't get that type of coverage offered to customers because insurance companies know the issues are common in Rovers so they only offer extended warranty's that coincide with the manufacturers. Tells you something about their track record. I obviously didn't read the fine print on the warranty I bought and missed it covering this tragedy by 3k miles and 3 months.

To fix the engine on this vehicle you have to replace it with a used one (about $12k) if you can find it or a new one ($30k). When I started digging into this I found out that Land Rover's V8 supercharged engines (also in Jaguar) have this timing chain failure happen all the time. I called a mechanic who specialized in Jag and Land Rovers and I began telling him my problem. He took over the conversation and began asking me questions like (is it a 2010-16?, is it the V8 supercharged? was it a timing chain failure? Did it have around 80k miles on it?). I was blown away as if he was a mind reader or something. Turns out, this happens so often and he repairs them so frequently that he knew exactly the situation I was in. He said it's typically a $7-8k service call. That it happens all the time. I was really pissed off as you can imagine.

My dealer was downplaying it like I was just some unfortunate person, like one in a million that this happens to. As I went online and started searching for information on this I realized that this is flaw in Land Rover/Jaguar's v8 supercharged engines across their entire line. They know it. They deny it. And my guess is because buyers of these vehicles like myself have money, they just chalk it up as "darn this must be my bad luck, oh well" and don't say anything or make a big deal about it.

I'm not either other than writing this review I guess but my valued at $30k rover I had to salvage for $7k while I still owed $16k on the loan. I lost $23k in value because of a common engine component failure. Will I buy this great looking, good handling, awesome car ever again... no. So for all of you out there who want to own or do own one of these Jag/Land Rover V8's... Be very aware of this problem. It could cost you a bundle.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I bought the new Land Rover Disco in June 2018 and it has been at the dealership for more than half the time of my ownership. This is my first JLR vehicle and very disappointed. Issue with Diesel engine jerking and acts like it is stalling every morning after cold start for almost a minute - it will not let me accelerate. Big safety issue. Then there is the Infotainment system - it just hangs and the rearview camera is choppy initially - objects suddenly appear dangerously close when the camera refreshes.

Dropped it off at dealer to get these issues checked - they took 1 month to supposedly resolve the issues - however they found the windshield to be leaking (on a 4 month old car). This took almost 1.5 months to arrive (heated windshield) from UK. After installing it, they found none of the electronics will power on - apparently water damage was found in both electronic controllers and they are currently replacing them. After 3.5 months I still did not get my vehicle back. With the water damage I am seriously concerned about mold and breathing it continuously through the AC system. It's a safety hazard. This is ridiculous and just bad quality control. It's a Safety and Health Hazard. JLR needs to ditch the buggy infotainment system - at some point a good business needs to realize when to cut the losses and switch to a different option.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I spent £112,000.00p on an RR Autobiography in July 2017. All the gadgets fitted and a special paint colour. Having spent such a sum I was furious to find out that I then was told I had to buy a data SIM card to make the traffic system work. I was totally insulted. I then found out that the factory fitted Tracker was not fit for purpose and would not be accepted by my insurance company, so I had to have a higher category of Tracker fitted. More hassle and more expense. The engine auto stop/start function is a complete joke for a vehicle of such supposed quality. When this dire function kicks in, the car rocks like a dump truck on a building site. Truly awful. After a few months, a piece of trim in the roof came adrift. Without doubt, this has been the most disappointing motoring of my entire life. I will never buy again any JLR product, either new or used. JLR, for the sake of a data SIM card, have lost a customer forever.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

When I first received my 2018 Range Rover HSE it was a great car for the first month but it's been a year and now I absolutely hate it, here are some reasons why. The infotainment system is the worst that I have ever worked with. The screens in the car will all go black in the middle of driving, even on the highway. It is impossible to connect a brand new iPhone X to the BRAND NEW Range Rover, I have tried relentlessly to connect my phone to the car through Bluetooth. The Bluetooth in the car is always failing. The glitching and lag from the infotainment screens make you want to take a baseball bat to the screen. If you have made it this far in my review now I'd like to tell you that my family have had 6 previous Land Rover vehicles and I have a heart felt love for the brand. But, if Range Rover won't fix their infotainment problem, I will never buy another one and suggest that no one should either.

Finally you may be thinking to yourself,"Did you do anything to resolve the issues?" Yes, I have gone to my local Range Rover dealership more than 2 times and they have given my car updates. These updates HAVE NOT WORKED. I still face all the same issues I had faced about 11 moths ago. My favorite part in this experience is the lack of reality that my local Range Rover dealership has. They have told me repeatedly that if I experience any problems with my car them I should,"pull over and shut off the car for 5 to 10 minutes." So I guess every time there is malfunction with the infotainment system (which is about every day) then while driving to what ever destination I am traveling to that day, I should just pull over and take, "5 to 10 minutes," to restart my car. I'm gonna leave this review by saying I used to love Land Rover but my car sucks and so does the Land Rover for the way they have dealt with this issue.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

35 days in the garage in 1 year. Since May 2018 my car has been off the road for 35 days, it has fault after fault, it isn’t fit for purpose, and when you have parted with £36000 of your hard earned cash totally unacceptable. In the last 9 months I have experienced and endured the following issues: May 18 - Brake fault appeared - Potential oil leak. June 18 - Early service light - DEF (maintenance). June 18 – Handbrake fault whilst driving at 70mph, switch was faulty which my daughter in the car. Early August 18 - Gearbox fault warning - fluid leak replaced gearbox seal, car stuck in 3rd gear. Late August 18 - Gearbox Fault - in connection to last issue, required further repair.

Late August 18 - Torque Converter replaced. November 18 - Balance Shaft replaced. November 18 - DPF pipe replaced. November 18 - IRD Oil Leak. November 18 Drivers side driveshaft - replaced bracket. November 18 - recurrence of noisy breaks from March 18 - repaired. December 18 - loss of 4 wheel drive - 2 wheel drive and reduced traction- found excessive dirt on pump - cleaned sump, Haldex & housing - replaced pump.

I have tried to my wit's end to resolve this with Land Rover, they just simply are not interested in making this any better for me, they cannot see that the issue with the car is their issue. I do not have an issue with the dealership that sold me the car, I don’t have an issue with the dealership that have taken the brunt of fixing my car, my issues lies with the arrogance of Land Rover itself, why do they think that it is acceptable to sell a defective car?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We leased a 2018 Range Rover Sport in September of 2018. The car had around 3,200 miles on it because it was used as a service loaner (which our salesman found odd) but they sold it as "new". We had issues the day we purchased the vehicle. It wouldn't let me sign into the InControl through the car. It gave an error saying it was their issue and it would be fixed. So we figured this happens with technology and gave it 24 hours to see if the issue would be resolved. It didn't resolve itself.

Then two days later the climate screen goes black. It's now almost February 2019 and the climate screen still goes black after 4 service attempts and multiple updates, part replacement, etc. We've also had two occasions where the car put itself into Restricted Performance only to find out a hose collapsed and needed to be replaced. Then the dealership didn't reset the adaptations and it did it again less than 48 hours after bringing it home so I had it towed back to the dealership.

They've also already replaced one of the air compressors for the air suspension and I feel like they already need to replace more as I'm still having issues with it. They had it for over a week and we are still having issues. I'm extremely frustrated with this car and I'm even a little scared to put my kids in it and drive it because I never know what kind of tech error is going to happen next.

I will never buy one of these vehicles again. At this point I just want my money back to pretend like it never happened. I can't spend the next 3 years with this car taking it into the dealership every month to get an update that may or may not fix the issues I'm having. Don't even bother with corporate. Some of them are really nice, but they don't get back to you in a timely manner. In fact, I've even been hung up on when I was talking calmly but expressing my frustration. Super unprofessional to deal with. They also take WAY too long to go through the Lemon process. I would not recommend this car. They are very pretty but have one too many issues.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

After 3 years of trouble free driving my 2011 Range Rover Sport, 110,000 and the issues started. Everything from water pump to now the cylinder head gasket!!! This is a $12,000 fix. I would have expected this with an average vehicle, not a $75,000 machine that is branded “Above and Beyond”. Would you believe the dealer at Willow Grove PA offered as a trade-in $1,000! My dog is worth more than that. No help also from the Head Office, nice email to say sorry for your inconvenience. Think twice and read the reviews before investing in Range Rover.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've had my 2017 Range Rover Sport for almost 1 year now and if it weren't for their lousy InControl dashboard entertainment/electronics system, I would consider this to be the best car I've ever owned. NOT. It is so frustrating to wait for the system to "boot up". Sometimes it's 10 seconds, sometimes it's 30 seconds, sometimes NOT AT ALL. Sometimes my volume control is stuck at one level. Oftentimes the InControl signs me out of the system which disengages traffic updates and makes you log back in which is cumbersome and not intuitive to say the least (again)!

The app works 50% of the time. When it doesn't work it tells you to drive the car and then try again. Really? $95k for this vehicle? I feel for the dealership service technicians because they take the brunt of all complaints with the Land Rover perpetrators hiding in the background refusing to take responsibility for this issue. Fix the problems guys! There is absolutely no excuse for this. Just really bad management, people who just don't care about the consumer. Advice: Don't buy.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

11000 miles in going in year two of ownership. Yes the software updates for in control pro and screen blanking out were pain early on but our service has been great and our dealer gave us 4 years of annual service free for our early software issues. I really like the truck and judging by how many people own them here in Connecticut, have a true following and loyal fan base who all live through the little things. Also bought wife 2017 Disco Sport that is now on 30000 miles now going in 3 years and outside failed water pump under warranty, been pretty dependable and bullet-proof.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

After 2 1/2 years of leasing my Land Rover LR4, my car began to die. It was towed to Larchmont Land Rover who were not professional and could not get me a loaner; although they offered to pay for me to go to enterprise, I refused. After a week, they were unable to find a problem and then finally said they put in a 2nd battery back up.

About 28 days later, my car wouldn't start. Now we decide to use White Plains Land Rover; even bigger mistake because after changing the battery, we also needed a new halogen light which we were advised would be covered under warranty and then later was advised it wasn't and had to pay $200. I was shocked that the service manager wouldn't even go half with me since THEY misinformed me. In the end, he refused the service to me; he should have accepted his mistake and ate the loss but no, instead he was very unhappy that we never used them to service our car for things like an oil change; and why would I do that and pay double for an oil change when I can go anywhere else for less. HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE... I really enjoyed the drive and interior of LR4 but WILL NEVER AGAIN GET ANOTHER ONE!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Range Rover Sport with the expectation that a six figure car would have everything sorted and working. I was wrong. The media module decides when it wants to work, doesn't load all of my music and contacts, and won't connect to my iPhone if it doesn't feel like it. I've had it back to the dealer 3 times. They have changed the module and tried everything they can to fix it but I have been told that there is nothing else they can do. Apparently it's an issue between Apple and Land Rover and Land Rover won't pay the fee to Apple for system upgrades, hence issues with Apple phones. It's incredibly frustrating considering the cost of the car and the advertising Land Rover puts out about their 'luxury car' abilities. Their arrogance lets them down badly and doesn't bode well for reputation. I've been left with we'll get in touch when we have a resolution. Not good enough.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought a Range Rover Sport several months ago. 24 hours after my purchase while on a family trip, I started experiencing software issues. The radio, internet, several areas of the dashboard went blank and no Bluetooth connectivity. The answer was to do a software update at the dealership once I returned. The local dealership has been very nice and supportive applying these updates now monthly, but now we have given up. Since these updates would correct the problem for about 24 hours, it was not worth the time or effort. It is a product issue.

My issues are now daily and extremely frustrating. The dealership helped me as much as they could and had to refer me to their Customer Support folks out of NJ. I hope you NEVER have to interact with the team out of NJ. The Range Rover team out of NJ are the worst support team that I have ever experienced. They denied further assisting me and basically stated by email that I need to wait for a new update to resolve my issue. There is no ETA on this issue being resolved. No call back to discuss this over the phone. I have multiple emails and calls into my rep. trying to further discuss my issues over the phone. I have been very patient and nice, but now I am done and now sharing this experience with others PRIOR to their purchase or support others out there with the same situation.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Bought a new 2012 Evoque in August if 2013. Early on had a bunch of minor issues (pillar molding making noise at speed, headlight issues, etc.), but loved the car beyond all that (Colima Lime, just the color alone made me smile). About 2 months ago, at 82,000 miles, the engine cut out and could not get it restarted. Thought it was a battery issue and had it towed to a mechanic friend of mine. Within an hour he told me that it was a failed timing chain and that a new engine would be needed. I contacted Land Rover to see if they would cover this even though we were out of warranty. I was instructed to take the car to the closest dealership for inspection before they would even consider the case.

It took 5 weeks for them to diagnose the problem as a broken timing chain, but still could not tell me the cause. I provided LR with all the maintenance records. Another 2 weeks went by and they declined to help. When I asked why, I was told that "I did not maintain brand loyalty" by getting oil changes elsewhere. That has got to be the lamest excuse I have ever heard. It was never a money issue because I always used the highest quality synthetic oils and did oil changes about every 10K miles vs. the recommended 15K. The nearest dealership is an hour away and it’s not always practical to go there. Besides, I have had many vehicles with 100K+ miles on them and did oil changes at the most convenient place, rather than the dealership...never a problem.

I am now stuck with having to pay almost $16K for a new engine and the "gentleman" who declined financial assistance is not willing to even speak with me to give me a better explanation than oil changes not at LR. From reading all these reviews, there does seem to be an issue with the Evoque engine, as they tend to fail right about the mileage mine failed. And from what I read, some of these people even serviced the car exclusively at LR, so it’s not the "aftermarket oil & filter" BS. It's not even the money that gets me upset, it’s the complete lack of customer service. I mean, it’s $16K...that's the cost of a new car.

Couldn't someone take a few minutes to call and explain why they aren't willing to help. I am not giving up...gonna try to reach as high as I can, maybe even the company president, or just go screaming to the media...who knows. If anyone has had luck getting to some higher-up, please contact me. Perhaps as one of the posters said, might be time for a class action lawsuit. The bottom line is that they lost a customer. We were about to buy a Range Rover Sport, but that's not happening now. I should have known better to start with. Land Rovers have always had a reputation for being a beautiful car which was extremely poorly built.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have been in love with my 2013 Evoque up until about 65K miles when a belt had to be replaced for $2,000. I let it slide. Now at 70,000 miles, I need a whole new engine. The fourth cylinder no longer has compression, so it is only running on three cylinders and cannot be driven. I have kept up with all regular service and have taken very good care of this vehicle. The dealership is unable to offer any sort of explanation or concern as to why this would happen to an engine with only 70K miles on it. A new motor is estimated at $15 to $20K. As much as I loved driving this vehicle, I thought I would be a Range Rover customer for life. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I purchased a NEW 2018 Range Rover Sport in October 2018. Right out of the gate I noticed the throttle response was delayed. When I press the gas there is a 1-2 second delay before the truck moves. When you have the wheel turned it's an even longer delay and then the truck bucks and goes. According to Land Rover White Plains and Land Rover Freeport it's normal. Entering the highway is playing a game of chicken. I have to time the passing cars and hit the gas early to merge and pray I don't hit someone.

In November 2018 (1 month of ownership) my truck wouldn't drive. The car was on and everything was running but the transmission and gears wouldn't work. The dash said "HDC FAULT, STABILITY CONTROL FAULT, TRANSMISSION FAULT & GEAR SHIFTER FAULT". I towed it to LR Freeport and they didn't have any loaner cars to give me so I had to rent a car from Hertz. Dealer said I would be reimbursed for the rental. Now LR is giving me a hard time about reimbursing me for the rental when according to my warranty and contract I'm due a loaner when I bring it to service at no cost to me!! I'm still fighting for reimbursement!

After picking up the truck they said it needed an update. It's crazy how a little update can affect so much. Now the truck is fixed but the throttle is still horrible. The 2 center screens are delayed before turning on (1-2 minutes). The "maps" in the infotainment odometer doesn't turn on. The rear view camera is delayed and choppy. My sunroof makes a whistling noise (according to LR that's normal). My park distance control works when it wants and when it's cold out I have to run the truck for 15-20 minutes before I can drive it otherwise the transmission bucks and revs but truck doesn't move. How can you sell something for so much money and it's nothing but problems and unreliable?? The internet is FULL of bad reviews and complaints for LR.

THE WORST $90k I've ever spent!!! I feel like I was robbed! I pray someone steals it so I can rid myself of this headache!! HOW DARE LR SELL THESE EXPENSIVE CARS THAT HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!! So unreliable! Get a BMW or Mercedes, save yourself the headaches! Oh and my father has a 2018 Discovery for 2 months and has had it in for service 9 times!! Looking into local lemon laws for him.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Dealer service is extremely poor. Terrible customer service, communication and turn times. Corporate is arrogant, like they are doing you a favor. Purchased new at dealer and serviced at dealer. Multiple expensive repairs. Never purchasing another.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was 15 days late having the Discovery Sport serviced after one year. I was charged the full cost of servicing... $601. I'm not at all pleased and I will never return to lease a Land Rover or Jaguar again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought a new Range Rover which has a wading depth in water of 85 cm. I drove well below this and car was cutting off. Had to towed to dealership and was told water got through exhaust. Warranty won't cover. Shocking as it's advertise as a 4x4. Land Rover South Africa and UK won't assist. Vehicle still at dealer. NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT AS WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR WARRANTY YOU WILL BE DUMPED AND NO ONE WILL RESPECT YOU AS A CLIENT. When they sell you the vehicle all promises are made. Choose another brand.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I'm Velar owner and was rejected in several NJ service centers to be provided loaner car in the time of recall services. Recall service is because of Land Rover Problems and should be handle by L.R. I don't understand the reason I should pay for renting car. Cheap service for expensive car. Contacted with Land Rover USA, not better, answer to my email: "We apologize for your dissatisfaction. To better assist you, I have forwarded your information to our Customer Relationship Representative, Nancy. She can be reached at, 1-800-637-6837, option 9, ext 1309001. You may reference Case number **, should you need to contact us. Your situation will be researched and you will be followed up with within two business days." Nobody pick up phone and no returned call after 5 messages that I left during the week.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought my 1st Range Rover Autobiography in 2014. Good car all round apart from slow electrics and infotainment system while started on transmission at 40 000 miles. Range Rover would not fix it so I bought a new 2017 Autobiography. New car has much smaller fuel tank which I don't like. Park distance warning goes off when it shouldn't. Sometimes electric rear seats don't fold down or up. When in automatic the gearbox holds on to lower gears too long and the engine is revving too much. Infotainment screen goes blank sometimes. Bentayga is much better car but I don't like the looks of them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

@LandRover_UK. Purchased a Brand New custom build Range Rover Autobiography. #JLR vehicles are a death trap Above & Beyond! #RangeRover vehicles are plagued with so much manufacturing defects, electrical problems and engine overheating issues! I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for these extras on my £100k plus Custom Build? JLR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET. The level of service received from Listers Solihull, Lancaster Erdington, Marshall Peterborough dealerships and JLR Customer Relations has been dreadful. #JLRDEATHTRAP #JLRPlague. **

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

In August of 2017 I special ordered a Range Rover Sport diesel. In 20,000 miles I have had in for service (only required once at 16K) on 5 different occasions. While the Dealership is fine, the car isn't. It's what I would call a major disappointment. One of the selling points for the car was the fact that it needed servicing only every 16,000 miles. What they didn't tell you was the car needed to be brought in approximately every 4,000 miles to have 'diesel fluid' installed. Each trip to the Dealer takes about 2 hours to install the fluid (approximately 15 liters). This is the 5th diesel car that I have owned and the FIRST that would not make it from one service to the next without. In addition there have been 3 major software updates on the car since I have owned it. The bottom line is the car is overpriced and a pain to own. It is my first and my last. It is not a very reliable vehicle and certainly a headache to own.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I own a 2014 Range Rover. The engine completely went out at 56K miles. The warranty is 55k miles. Land Rover will not assist me with repairs. I have seen a lot of complaints about the Range Rover Evoque online. If interested in a class action lawsuit, please email me a short description of your experience, first and last name with contact information.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My Range Rover sport 2013 was the best until I had to do maintenance and there is when the nightmare starts. A car with only 40.000 miles on. The car is now 60.000 miles and the coolant problem still not solved. After spent so much money to get scammed by these people I still need to put coolant at least once a week, ignore the coolant light on because it can never be fixed.

These cars are popular for having coolant leaking problems but doesn’t matter how much they charge and you are willing to pay you will only get scammed. They will not fix your car or admit that they are basically taking your money for the same thing over and over again. Took my car to 5 times to get this problem solved, spent thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. Just stress.

And they have the audacity to call you next day to say: "Are you happy with our services? Oh no, I’m sorry for all the trouble we may cause to you. Maybe we can fix this issue with a new car!!!" No. Thanks! Every time I took my car to get “fixed” they loan me a newer model and all drive like cheap cars. I should listened to friends who deal with the same problems with their brand new Land Rovers and should never ignore all the bad reviews they have. Now I’m absolutely ready to sell it and get far far away from any type of Land Rover or Jaguar brand cars. I absolutely don’t recommend Land Rover cars. Horrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Bought my Velar in April/2018. REGRETTED. My car went to 5 services going on 6 next week. Full of noises and electric issues. Land Rover USA doesn’t care about customer. I regret not to buy another car brand, now I am stuck with this **. Don’t buy it!!! Choose BMW, Cadillac, Honda or even Toyota is much better.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It's my second Land Rover since 2006 from LR Encino. The first experience was not bad. This time around it's just unbelievable disappointing. My LR4 is handsome, black on black with a nice trim, wheels, etc. I have only had it for 2 years and whenever I take it into the dealership for diagnostic testing and service-they always have a list of issues with the truck, quoting thousands of dollars. For an expensive auto brand at 2 y.o. it is equivalent to an older car that needs a lot of repairs. It completely died recently. Why am I paying premium again just so I can shell out more money unnecessarily? I was sold a pre-paid service package at signing which is a waste of money! The dealer wants me to upgrade the nav system out of pocket, but it's a lease! Maintenance is not included in the package, btw. Just not what I expect from Land Rover. Please make quality automobiles like you used to! STOP upselling and cross-selling nonsense!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Good day. We purchased our 3rd new LR Range Rover Sport TD6 Nov 10th, 2017. Our previous 2 LRs treated us very well. We would always hear disparaging reports/claims that the LRs were unreliable, but based on our previous 2 LRs we were confident we were purchasing quality vehicles. However, our new 2017 Range Rover Sport had issues going out the gate.

1st. The In Control App would not function. However, the shop would mark it up to user error. Please, it does not take a rocket scientist to use this app. They performed update after update and it still does not work correctly. They say, 15-20 min prior to leaving the office attempt to start the car and you should be ok. However, this is neither reasonable or environmentally friendly and it still would rarely work correctly.

2nd. The LR stalled out on the interstate because it said it was out of fuel when it had over 3/4 of a tank. It would not operate even though we verified there was fuel in the take and it was towed to Land Rover of Fort Myers for repair. Supposedly, the cause was rectified by a software update which seems rather odd. This was the most scared I have been in a vehicle in my 25 + years of driving. We lost power and power steering going a least 75 mph on a packed highway with my 6 month old son. Come to find out we were one of 1st (YAY!!) LR owners to experience this issue which later became a NHTSA safety recall in June 2018.

3rd. Again. The LR ceased to function on the interstate with my 7 month old son in the car. The alert on the dash stated shifter failure. The engine would run but the transmission ceased to operate correctly and was towed to Land Rover of Fort Myers for repairs yet again. Again, the cause was supposedly rectified by a software update which seems rather odd to me.

4th and Above and Beyond. After a number of software updates our LR continued to malfunction. Our center console still does not work. No radio, no GPS, no camera or no safety system. Our tire pressure checking system will trigger a fault alarm because it has ceased to work. I have own the LR for 9 months and I am currently in the 2nd month of trying to arbitrate a buy back under the Florida Lemon Law Statute. We entirely stopped driving the LR 1.5 months ago because I can no longer place my family (10 month baby/wife), myself or the citizens at risk by this dangerous vehicle. I am attempting to do this myself. However, if I do not have resolution soon, I will be hiring a lemon law specialized attorney to assist with expediting this process.

It is really hard to imagine such an expensive vehicle could have such problems. As I have seen on the Consumer Affairs website, this is nothing new. I have personally owned/drove hundreds of vehicles in my lifetime (including classic cars, military vehicles and down right beaters) and this was the 1st time (and 2nd time) I ever needed to have my car towed due to a breakdown. It really is a shame because this vehicle is very attractive and drives beautifully (when not broke down). Good luck current LR owners and caution to any potential future LR owners until LR can make dramatic improvements in reliability.

Land Rover Company Information