4.0/5 (513 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Land Rover

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Land Rover Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I bought a Range Rover Sport HST 2022 a few months ago. Has been in the shop for the last month. Dealership has put several hundred miles on the vehicle in road test. They cannot give me a return date for my vehicle. Can't believe I spent over a 100k on this vehicle and it doesn't even make it to 5k miles. Definitely a lemon, and the customer service is horrible. (Wanted to give 0 stars, site wouldn't allow it)

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Land Rover sent out a recent notice for my 2011 Range Rover. It was a familiar message because I could smell gas in and around the car while it was parked after only six weeks of owning it. The letter says to call Land Rover's main number and reference the recall for support. Guess what? There's no option on the phone menu other than for Takata airbag recall, and if you wait in line, it loops you back to the menu again. I was able to get a rep by hitting the airbag option, who told me they knew nothing and called the dealer. A call to the dealer yielded no information as they knew nothing either. The dealer said, "We got a letter too but don't know any more information.". The trouble is I don't want to be at the end of a list with 50k other cars on it to get this problem fixed. Some folks aren't impacted by it right now and given I can't drive, it would be helpful to prioritize anybody whose car is dangerous to operate.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

When I called Land Rover USA for assistance with an active recall for a cracked fuel tank flange on my Land Rover I was given an incorrect information and the infinite runaround ending with Land Rover USA representative hanging up the call. Despite the dangers of of a faulty Land Rover part that causes a fuel leak, Land Rover USA offered incoherent and incorrect information followed by endless bureaucratic indifference. Horrific service.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

After numerous emails to the CEO they’ve never gotten back to me. My mother's car was stolen due to the poor technology that these cars are built with! All I’ve asked is that all range rovers sold need to have a contract stating how easy it is to steal! So the future owner knows their risk! That it only takes 90 seconds to steal a £40k plus car!!! I’m DISGUSTED how I’ve been treated! I believe the answer now is to do a peaceful protest outside showrooms to Stop People buying their terrible cars!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

After owning this 2022 Land Rover Defender I have problems. The camera have a red box around the screen and my backup sensors and front sensors do not work. I have to bring in to the dealership but I’m on vacation in Cabo San Lucas for 4 months and there’s the problem. Won’t reimburse me on trip protection because the car is drivable. The closest dealership is 1056 miles away 1 way. Also there are a lot of noises coming from the driver headliner by the grab handle. If you pull down the noise goes away. In the back also there was a noise and I put some tape on the problem area and so far the noise has not came back. You would think on a $91,000 car customer service would help you out better.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I special ordered my 2021 Range Rover Long wheelbase for my wife 9 months ago. The salesperson updated me once a month during the process and they reached out to me recently to let me know the car has arrived. When I originally placed the order we verbally agreed I would be paying the sticker price which is normal since this is not the first time I have done this with Range Rover.

The manager, Eric **, decided to reach out and say this is a "hot car" and wanted to mark it up 40k over sticker, before I even had a chance to get to the dealership to discuss the price he sold it to someone who was willing to pay the 40k over. I waited 9 months for nothing!!! I have been a loyal customer to Land Rover for 10 years now and over that period I have had 5 or 6 cars from them and to be treated like this is unethical. I reached out to John ** and Stuart Schorr as well as called the customer service line on several occasions and I have yet to be acknowledged. If you are expecting quality service and to be respected as a customer then Land Rover is not the company they claim to be.

Original review: March 24, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!!! Horrible Customer Service, rude, intentionally evasive and misleading!!!! Discounts quoted changes without explanation hoping the buyer won’t notice. When asked they lie, become evasive and simply make it hard to do business with. Be careful when dealing with Seth and Devin.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Dealership had my car for four months and returned it with numerous issues just to get their loaner back and shove the car out the door. Came back with a busted windshield, door handle, tire pressure and balance issues as well as a filthy interior. They likely broke the windshield when they removed it to replace the front harness but say it was a poorly repaired recall item from the past. They told me to bring back their loaner and go rent a car and pay for it out of pocket. They offered first to pay my lodging since the delayed parts derailed my travel, then rescinded the offer. The owner even said that I "must have done something to it" to cause a 2016 Evoque with only 30K miles to completely fail. I assure you, my use of the vehicle has been quite tame, even outright boring compared with the shenanigans you see on the Land Rover Commercials.

Land Rover has lost what would have been a customer for life. I fell in love with this beautiful car but it's beauty belied the many problems under the surface. Land Rover cares zero for their customers or their brand and you're best off to bring your money to another dealer who cares about their brand and their customers. I spent many years in customer service and can say I have never been treated so poorly.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

In May 2019 I leased a 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport from Jaguar Land Rover Edmonton. Several issues occurred with the management of the lease and the transition did not occur with ease. I was charged a few thousand dollars more than the accepted offer but the dealership was reluctant to take responsibility or explain the difference. I was excited about driving the vehicle so I let these things go. Unfortunately in June 2019 I started having issues with the vehicle so I instead travelled to Jaguar Land Rover Calgary to rectify my issues there to hopefully gain a different experience. Some issues were resolved (bearings, water pump) after extensive persistence on my part but there was a reoccurring issue with the transmission. I took the vehicle in 5 times and nothing was resolved.

I involved Jaguar Land Rover North America on three separate occasions for assistance when the vehicle got worse, and other events occurred. The vehicle became less reliable to drive and on July 29, 2020 I experienced severe jerking, struggles to change gears, mis-shifting, and slipping of the gears. It was of great concern. The vehicle was towed back to Jaguar Land Rover Edmonton and I was told there was “nothing wrong with the vehicle” by the General Manager. Another manager told me “that is how discovery sports drive.” I know others that drive discovery sports and they have had zero issues. @Landrover North America told me “the vehicle was repaired” but all that was done is the factory settings were reset. They didn’t look at the transmission nor did a Foreman drive the vehicle. I was told by others outside the dealership and the manufacturer that it was a transmission problem. I wonder, do they want to duplicate the issue?

I asked for a new vehicle because of all the issues but instead Jaguar Land Rover Edmonton and Jaguar Land Rover North America threatened to tell the bank I abandoned the vehicle if I did not pick it up. The General Manager in Edmonton told me “I am not losing money on that vehicle. It is a bad investment.” Yet they leased me the vehicle. The vehicle had been previously purchased by another and returned with 400km. My lawyer sent a demand letter to Jaguar Land Rover Edmonton and Land Rover North America to try and find a resolution but they ignored the Letter. They just kept passing blame onto each other.

Lawyers told me it could cost me thousands of dollars to make them accountable but my lease would be close to done before that likely happened. @Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC) could not help me due to a “gap in the legislation.” I have not driven the vehicle since the incident occurred in July 2020 but I am still making full payments. It has been in my garage since it was towed back from Edmonton but it was returned with a broken mirror. After reviewing my options, I decided to reach out to the VP at Go Auto Luxury Platform who owns the Edmonton and Calgary dealerships to try find a Win Win solution.

After several emails and a telephone conversation he agreed in several emails to lease me a new vehicle for list price and no penalty for returning my other vehicle. He sent me all the details and price of the car. I confirmed there were no other amounts I would need to pay. I travelled to Edmonton from Red Deer to test drive the vehicle to ensure it was what they say it was. When I agreed to the vehicle the price of the vehicle showed up approximately $5, 500 more than list price. If I didn’t notice it then they would have gotten away with charging me more again. The VP at Go Auto later told me it was the “short fall” in my current lease, which is a penalty. I offered to meet him halfway and pay half of the penalty (short fall) but he will not negotiate further and unless I pay the penalty, have larger lease payments, and sign a new lease for another 42 months, I am stuck with a vehicle that looks pretty in my garage.

I am told it still has too much left on the lease to do anything about it. Land Rover North America stopped corresponding with me and do not take responsibility for the vehicle and Jaguar Land Rover Edmonton and Go Auto have also not returned my emails. I feel unsafe driving the vehicle and I certainly will not place my grandbaby in the vehicle and take the chance of something happening. I am hoping they will honour their agreements. In advocating for myself in the past five months I have been gaslighted, lied to, threatened, and now ignored. I am a social worker and now I only hope I can advocate for others so this does not happen to them.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The problems with this vehicle started with fit and finish issues within days of driving the new Land Rover Discovery off the dealer lot, that included a squeaky rear seat that took at least four separate visits to fix. Then the problems migrated to the rear liftgate interior panel that continually detached from the body hatch and hug down from one side. I have been back at least six times to fix this problem over a two year period. And each time they fix it and each time it falls apart again. Still no remedy.

The best problem, at least for the service providers, has been the non-recall camshaft defect that has been known to Land Rover for some time (not counting the axle bearing failure, that was thankfully caught under warranty). This cam issue totally stopped the car. I finally took the Discovery to an independent garage and am now faced with a $2400 repair bill. Wait, no scratch that; an $11,000 bill. They decided I need a new engine, explaining the cam controller shattered with metal fragments going into the engine.

Needless to say, I would not recommend Land Rover vehicles in general. It seems that when these two brands Land Rover-Jaguar, were purchased by an Indian investment company, Tata Motors, the legendary quality and durability was lost. The decision was made to introduce a variety of snappy looking consumer market-class models and trash the historic world-class reliability tradition. Remember all the old movies and newsreels with Land Rover busting through the jungles and mountain passes. Don’t try this too far from town. Trapped in the Outback in a new Discovery would be life threatening. There is a new Defender model, though I wouldn’t hold out much hope for that either - same build, parts and management. Land Rover should have kept the name when they sold out to Tata.

Land Rover Company Information