2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Land Rover Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We've always had a Range Rover in the family and change them every two or three years. This one is a 3 litre diesel HSE with a few extras like air conditioned seats, a fridge in the console, self close doors and of course a tow bar which on this new model is electrically retractable. As all the others we've had no problems other than caused by a moronic parking scam in Spain damaging the electronic brake trying to drag the vehicle away. Land Rover were brilliant, arranged for it to be taken into dealer and repaired under warranty even though it wasn't their fault and we had a free hire car for the 4 days it was in the dealer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is a great car. The drive is safe and smooth. The inside of the car is detailed with everything needed except there is not one place to put sunglasses! For a car in this price range you would expect there to be a slot or compartment for sunglasses. The button for the trunk is in the worst place - never even knew where it was! Near your knee, under the steering wheel. And the button the release the hood is even lower. Very bad placement- The location where we take our Rovers for service Is located in Thornhill Ontario Canada. It is awful! The service department is unorganized and unreliable.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This vehicle is awesome. The drive is smooth and soothing. Almost like riding in an airplane. The seating is like sitting in your recliner riding down the road. The instrument panel also give you that airplane feel. The steering wheel has that ergonomic feel. The manufacturer has stop at nothing to make you feel special even after the sale. When you get this baby home all heads will turn. Heck your garage might even give you a high five after you drive this baby in. This is by far the best vehicle I have seen in the past decade. You will think so too after a drive.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

2009 Range Rover Sport HSE. Handling is not great. For the amount paid the suspension could be much tighter. The SUV electronics does not fare well in temperatures under 20 degrees f*. The engine runs great and feels extremely safe. Overall this suv is really about the looks over the functions. Lots of things have gone wrong and thankfully we have a 140k warranty which has been used A LOT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The vehicle I chose simply because of how it stands out..it's unique beautiful and comfortable. I love how it reflects its owner's. It doesn't matter it you're a tycoon with millions or just a simple clerk but if you have a land Rover it puts you in the spot light. If I had the money I definitely would go Land Rover.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Our Range Rover Sport 2015 with 47,000kms under 3 years old goes into limp mode and JLR service says it needs a new engine. Although still under warranty they refuse to replace the engine, firstly they say we put the wrong oil in it...this is tested and proven incorrect. Next they say warranty is refused because you cannot supply the entire service history (we purchased vehicle from an auction). We finally track down the original owner and provide the entire service history which is in the perimeters of warranty terms. Still JLR press on for statutory declarations and proof of genuine parts.

This goes on for 8 months while JLR try their hardest to squirm their way out of honouring the Warranty. After 8 long months without our vehicle and being treated with distain by JLR Customer Support we finally got a new engine which we were always entitled to. In summary nice comfortable car to drive but will Never buy another Range Rover or product from JLR...Pick up your game JLR, build vehicles that last and have a really good look at your customer service practices.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Although the infotainment system is a beautiful look to my RR; the software is terrible. I've had repeated (documented) issues. It has been serviced to correct this problem. Software updates always. I've reached out to Land Rover USA - Current Case # **. I've also sent discrete messages through Facebook and Twitter. I'm trying to handle this issue through Land Rover (LR) with decency. I sent LR videos of the issues with this vehicle as well, but they have not responded. The vehicle is beautiful; whereas it is the most comfortable ride but it is an $115k piece of technological crap. Currently, my key fobs aren't working - yes, after servicing. I am considering delivering this vehicle back to the nearest dealership and walking away from the problems.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2020 Range Rover Sport HST with red/black interior on 10/13/19. ON 10/25/19 I started experiencing problems. One of the display screens started to blind on and off constantly and the other two screens were scramble. I also was receiving a message saying "intelligent brake system not available". The service department performed a software update and changed a part. The day I pick up my vehicle from the service department the same problems started again maybe 3 hours later. A few days later while waiting in the valet parking line the truck just turned off while I was still in drive. This happen twice. Another visits to the service department for a software update again and I was told my battery was dead; so they charged my battery.

As of 1/6.2020 my vehicle is back in shop again waiting for anther display and a part because now I'm receiving a message say "Forward alert not available". The dealer refused to give me another vehicle and land rover customer service has not return any of my phone calls. I was given a case number and told it can take a few months for land rover to decide if they want to purchase the vehicle back.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Unfortunately, since the time I bought this car (end of September 2018) I had many issues with my new Land Rover Velar 2019. First issues were mostly electrical (screen not working, error messages while being stopped at a red light, back camera not working, etc.). I took the car in two opportunities and they explained these cars usually need software updates. I thought I should not waste my time taking the car to the dealer but did it…. I also had a weird noise with the brakes. They had to change them. Then I had to take the car for the Annual Service. They checked everything and in less than a month, my engine light was on! Took the car AGAIN and they said it was another engine software (not sure why no one update this when I took the car for my annual service?). But after taking the car 2 times, in less than a month my engine light went on AGAIN!! I was so upset and frustrated.

The dealer suggested me that I contact Land Rover Customer Service for a Re-Purchase, as it’s obvious to me I have a defective car… After talking to someone for 38 minutes, she asked me many questions about my car, even if I have already paid for the car which we did, she simply said my case didn’t apply for re-purchase. She didn’t explain why or what was the criteria. Her only “solution” was for me to keep taking my car to the dealer. What type of solution is this? I asked to talk to her supervisor. She said he would call in the next 5 hours which he didn’t. He called passed the 5 hours and left a message saying I should follow this with the customer service representative, like ignoring my request of talking to him….

I’m EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH LAND ROVER CUSTOMER SERVICE. My advice is: if you want a car that works and is reliable, PLEASE don’t buy this car. It’s gorgeous but it’s not reliable and customer service will not help you at all. They will just send you to the dealer and you will waste your time and money taking the car for service many times.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Wonderful reliable luxury safe. These are the words that come to mind when i see this beautifully constructed vehicle, the body lines are sophisticated comes in various colours and turns head, i know everytime i see one i look.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Land Rover Company Information