2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.02/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Land Rover Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We've always had a Range Rover in the family and change them every two or three years. This one is a 3 litre diesel HSE with a few extras like air conditioned seats, a fridge in the console, self close doors and of course a tow bar which on this new model is electrically retractable. As all the others we've had no problems other than caused by a moronic parking scam in Spain damaging the electronic brake trying to drag the vehicle away. Land Rover were brilliant, arranged for it to be taken into dealer and repaired under warranty even though it wasn't their fault and we had a free hire car for the 4 days it was in the dealer.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This is a great car. The drive is safe and smooth. The inside of the car is detailed with everything needed except there is not one place to put sunglasses! For a car in this price range you would expect there to be a slot or compartment for sunglasses. The button for the trunk is in the worst place - never even knew where it was! Near your knee, under the steering wheel. And the button the release the hood is even lower. Very bad placement- The location where we take our Rovers for service Is located in Thornhill Ontario Canada. It is awful! The service department is unorganized and unreliable.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This vehicle is awesome. The drive is smooth and soothing. Almost like riding in an airplane. The seating is like sitting in your recliner riding down the road. The instrument panel also give you that airplane feel. The steering wheel has that ergonomic feel. The manufacturer has stop at nothing to make you feel special even after the sale. When you get this baby home all heads will turn. Heck your garage might even give you a high five after you drive this baby in. This is by far the best vehicle I have seen in the past decade. You will think so too after a drive.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

2009 Range Rover Sport HSE. Handling is not great. For the amount paid the suspension could be much tighter. The SUV electronics does not fare well in temperatures under 20 degrees f*. The engine runs great and feels extremely safe. Overall this suv is really about the looks over the functions. Lots of things have gone wrong and thankfully we have a 140k warranty which has been used A LOT!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The vehicle I chose simply because of how it stands out..it's unique beautiful and comfortable. I love how it reflects its owner's. It doesn't matter it you're a tycoon with millions or just a simple clerk but if you have a land Rover it puts you in the spot light. If I had the money I definitely would go Land Rover.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Make no mistake, I have been a long time Land Rover fan (I'm in the UK). I have had many Defenders, Range Rovers and a Disco 3. I have driven to Africa 5 times in a Defender including through the Central Sahara Desert to Niger and have another rebuilt Defender 300Tdi 110 now ready to go again. I have just sold the Disco 3 after a few problems cropped up - it was getting old anyway. We went to a local dealer, Harwoods in Lewes, East Sussex to look at an Evoque or Discovery commercial or anything else that looked suitable for a family vehicle and seeing clients. Well, yes there's a virus going round but we were told we could not enter the showroom and to "go and have a look round the car park'. Well the car park was full of various vehicles, maybe customers in for service or staff, who knows? By the way it was raining too. We shuffled a bit and left, rather unamused to put it mildly.

If this is the best that LR can do when customers are potentially about to spend £100k GBP or more and become loyal to a brand, then they need to go back to business school. Land Rover has a criminally bad reputation for reliability and appalling customer service. It's not difficult to see why. We went to a Porsche dealer who was open, welcoming and thoroughly excellent.

The older Rovers were simple and robust. Parts were good and reliable, not expensive. The newer generation ones are grossly over complicated with dodgy electronics, poor quality components (they have gone downhill for the last few years due to cost cutting as the vehicles were no longer required to be robust due to mainly be used on road, not off road). Throw in corporate complacency, inadequately trained 'technicians' who swap assemblies (huge bills ...) rather than fault find and you have a nightmare of epic proportions. My advice is to buy another brand that's reliable and from a source where you can get personal service when buying and for servicing and not be lost in the system. In the Uk there's lot of experience of Land rovers, more than the US - you have been warned.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We leased a Discovery Land Rover for 4 months ago, short before Covid-19. After 4 months with the milage of 2000 is broken down in the down town of San Jose, Ca, a huge city, on Wednesday evening at 8:00 pm. We asked for a roadside assistant and they sent us at 12:30 am, after 4 hours, came somebody and towed the car. On Thursday, the dealer said that, "We are not able to start on fixing your car until next Monday!!" We do not have a car and we can not do anything until Monday. We asked the customer service to help us. They are the worst respectfulness of the customer service, we've ever seen! They told us clear: "We can not help you. We do not pay for any rental car. We do not pay for a second towing to the next available dealership. We do not get you any refund etc."

The other dealer in the city has availability to fix my car as soon as possible, they have also some extra car to provide me during this time. But the customer service has to pay for towing and they won't to help their customer after they sold the car!!!! If you are thing for a car, do not go to for Land rover in the U.S, because you don't get any service, after you bought the car. They are only nice, before to sell you, but they don't accept any reliability after they did. It means, they are thinking only and only on their business to make money without any respect!!!

Original review: April 13, 2020

In all the vehicles I have purchased both personally and professionally I can only report exceptionally delightful experiences with both the dealership and the sales rep - until I purchased a Range Rover from Hennessy Jaguar Land Rover Gwinnett. My previous experience in purchasing vehicles was, in fact, so delightful that when I have purchased my company vehicles at one dealership I have typically used for this purpose that I have sent the dealership staff and sales reps gifts after closing and written glowing reviews and completed surveys indicating satisfaction above and beyond the norm. This is my first negative experience with a dealership and it’s been one I don’t care to remember, but would rather forget.

From the assistant manager Mr. David ** developing convenient memory loss as to his promises made as part of the transaction later, after the purchase, to the questionable ethics and practices of Mr. Ricky ** in the finance department. Having previously heard woeful tales from others about their experiences with car dealerships, I could never relate. It has now become my unfortunate reality.

After experiencing multiple issues with the vehicle purchased at the dealership less than a month into ownership and only having possession of the vehicle for 18 days of that month long period of time due to the time the dealership had it for the initial repairs it became clear this Range Rover is a lemon. It broke down not but a few miles from the dealership on the date of purchase. The battery light came on even though the dealership said the issue was a fuel sensor which was repaired. They told me that the repair addressed the issue and it wouldn't occur again. Did I mention it died in the middle of Interstate 85? Slight safety issue if you ask me, but neither the dealership nor Land Rover seemed terribly concerned. I mean, I could have been hit by a driver doing 80 mph on the interstate, but perhaps the Range Rover makes for a better coffin than mode of transportation.

Then the driver from the dealership that was driving my company car damaged the tires and front bumper on his way back to my home driving the vehicle. Then the check engine light began coming on and going off seemingly randomly. Not yet having a permanent tag for the vehicle while experiencing multiple issues in less than a month clearly points to this being a problem vehicle.

Through all of this unfortunate experience I did my best to be patient and understanding. Yet it became clear that approach doesn’t work with this dealership or manufacturer. The dealership will lie to you, make promises they won't keep, mislead you and then claim they never made any commitment of the sort. Please save yourself, do not consider purchasing a Land Rover vehicle.

I now have possession, only part time since it's in the shop half the time, of a very beautiful and expensive piece of junk that sits in my garage when I do have part time custody because I'm too afraid to be left stranded the next time it dies while I'm driving it. I mean Land Rover does have Roadside Assistance, but that's right, they're only open and available during business hours Monday-Friday so if I am left stranded, I'm on my own. Let's hope I have a signal on my mobile device so I can make contact with someone who cares - apparently that's not Land Rover. DO NOT buy a Land Rover product... That is unless you want to add stress and frustration to your life and a hunk of junk in your garage.

Original review: March 3, 2020

2019 Velar Safety Issues. Be very wary. The quality of the range rovers has dramatically decreased and, in my opinion, pose a safety issue. I have had the following issues that have gone unfixed because range rover does not know how to fix their own vehicle.

- Back hatch closes without prompt and does not stop when it hits something (someone). I have been personally trapped in the hatch several times.
    - Infotainment center (all displays) lock up and do not reset when the car is turned off. Resets after 4+ hours. This is a big issue since the entire display unit is tied to this. You cannot change or see speed, air temp, etc.
    - Differential issues - locked up differential that the dealership insists is how the car drives!

- Bad fan motor - sounds like an airplane.

I have video proof and range rover insists on not fixing the issue because they "cannot replicate it".

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

After spending time deciding on an upgraded SUV, I was compelled to the Land Rover Discovery Sport. I felt that the brand name would mean quality and high technology. I was very very wrong. The 2019 model still does not even support Apple Car Play - this feature has been available in much lesser quality vehicles for many years. The website leads you to believe that 2017 models onwards were equipped.... this is incorrect. After leaving the dealership, I learned that my vehicle was having a technology issue as the incontrol element would not work and I could not start my vehicle remotely. After 1.5 months, after bouncing me around from person to person - they finally updated tele-metrics. I was told this would update the system and Car Play would be uploaded. They even asked me the brand of my phone for the update. They sent me home with the phone still not connected and said to call customer service.

Which after again being bounced around - 2 weeks later they have told me 3 times that car play update needs to be completed and 4 times that my car is not eligible. I am blown away at the lack of support, lack of knowledge of their own product, lack of follow up and incredibly outdated technology for a $48,000 2019 car. I would suggest avoiding Land Rover as they are clearly a mess. The vehicle itself is incredibly sluggish and very basic in terms of finished and quality. I regret my decision to leave the big 3 in search of quality and new technology as Land Rover is clearly behind the times. Let’s face it - if Land Rover employees don’t even know what the brand offers and websites are misleading, clearly the vehicle quality matches.

Land Rover Company Information