Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

291 Land Rover Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was 15 days late having the Discovery Sport serviced after one year. I was charged the full cost of servicing... $601. I'm not at all pleased and I will never return to lease a Land Rover or Jaguar again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I bought a new Range Rover which has a wading depth in water of 85 cm. I drove well below this and car was cutting off. Had to towed to dealership and was told water got through exhaust. Warranty won't cover. Shocking as it's advertise as a 4x4. Land Rover South Africa and UK won't assist. Vehicle still at dealer. NEVER BUY THIS PRODUCT AS WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR WARRANTY YOU WILL BE DUMPED AND NO ONE WILL RESPECT YOU AS A CLIENT. When they sell you the vehicle all promises are made. Choose another brand.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I'm Velar owner and was rejected in several NJ service centers to be provided loaner car in the time of recall services. Recall service is because of Land Rover Problems and should be handle by L.R. I don't understand the reason I should pay for renting car. Cheap service for expensive car. Contacted with Land Rover USA, not better, answer to my email: "We apologize for your dissatisfaction. To better assist you, I have forwarded your information to our Customer Relationship Representative, Nancy. She can be reached at, 1-800-637-6837, option 9, ext 1309001. You may reference Case number **, should you need to contact us. Your situation will be researched and you will be followed up with within two business days." Nobody pick up phone and no returned call after 5 messages that I left during the week.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought my 1st Range Rover Autobiography in 2014. Good car all round apart from slow electrics and infotainment system while started on transmission at 40 000 miles. Range Rover would not fix it so I bought a new 2017 Autobiography. New car has much smaller fuel tank which I don't like. Park distance warning goes off when it shouldn't. Sometimes electric rear seats don't fold down or up. When in automatic the gearbox holds on to lower gears too long and the engine is revving too much. Infotainment screen goes blank sometimes. Bentayga is much better car but I don't like the looks of them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

@LandRover_UK. Purchased a Brand New custom build Range Rover Autobiography. #JLR vehicles are a death trap Above & Beyond! #RangeRover vehicles are plagued with so much manufacturing defects, electrical problems and engine overheating issues! I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for these extras on my £100k plus Custom Build? JLR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE PLANET. The level of service received from Listers Solihull, Lancaster Erdington, Marshall Peterborough dealerships and JLR Customer Relations has been dreadful. #JLRDEATHTRAP #JLRPlague. **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

In August of 2017 I special ordered a Range Rover Sport diesel. In 20,000 miles I have had in for service (only required once at 16K) on 5 different occasions. While the Dealership is fine, the car isn't. It's what I would call a major disappointment. One of the selling points for the car was the fact that it needed servicing only every 16,000 miles. What they didn't tell you was the car needed to be brought in approximately every 4,000 miles to have 'diesel fluid' installed. Each trip to the Dealer takes about 2 hours to install the fluid (approximately 15 liters). This is the 5th diesel car that I have owned and the FIRST that would not make it from one service to the next without. In addition there have been 3 major software updates on the car since I have owned it. The bottom line is the car is overpriced and a pain to own. It is my first and my last. It is not a very reliable vehicle and certainly a headache to own.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I own a 2014 Range Rover. The engine completely went out at 56K miles. The warranty is 55k miles. Land Rover will not assist me with repairs. I have seen a lot of complaints about the Range Rover Evoque online. If interested in a class action lawsuit, please email me a short description of your experience, first and last name with contact information.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My Range Rover sport 2013 was the best until I had to do maintenance and there is when the nightmare starts. A car with only 40.000 miles on. The car is now 60.000 miles and the coolant problem still not solved. After spent so much money to get scammed by these people I still need to put coolant at least once a week, ignore the coolant light on because it can never be fixed.

These cars are popular for having coolant leaking problems but doesn’t matter how much they charge and you are willing to pay you will only get scammed. They will not fix your car or admit that they are basically taking your money for the same thing over and over again. Took my car to 5 times to get this problem solved, spent thousands of dollars for absolutely nothing. Just stress.

And they have the audacity to call you next day to say: "Are you happy with our services? Oh no, I’m sorry for all the trouble we may cause to you. Maybe we can fix this issue with a new car!!!" No. Thanks! Every time I took my car to get “fixed” they loan me a newer model and all drive like cheap cars. I should listened to friends who deal with the same problems with their brand new Land Rovers and should never ignore all the bad reviews they have. Now I’m absolutely ready to sell it and get far far away from any type of Land Rover or Jaguar brand cars. I absolutely don’t recommend Land Rover cars. Horrible experience!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Bought my Velar in April/2018. REGRETTED. My car went to 5 services going on 6 next week. Full of noises and electric issues. Land Rover USA doesn’t care about customer. I regret not to buy another car brand, now I am stuck with this **. Don’t buy it!!! Choose BMW, Cadillac, Honda or even Toyota is much better.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It's my second Land Rover since 2006 from LR Encino. The first experience was not bad. This time around it's just unbelievable disappointing. My LR4 is handsome, black on black with a nice trim, wheels, etc. I have only had it for 2 years and whenever I take it into the dealership for diagnostic testing and service-they always have a list of issues with the truck, quoting thousands of dollars. For an expensive auto brand at 2 y.o. it is equivalent to an older car that needs a lot of repairs. It completely died recently. Why am I paying premium again just so I can shell out more money unnecessarily? I was sold a pre-paid service package at signing which is a waste of money! The dealer wants me to upgrade the nav system out of pocket, but it's a lease! Maintenance is not included in the package, btw. Just not what I expect from Land Rover. Please make quality automobiles like you used to! STOP upselling and cross-selling nonsense!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Good day. We purchased our 3rd new LR Range Rover Sport TD6 Nov 10th, 2017. Our previous 2 LRs treated us very well. We would always hear disparaging reports/claims that the LRs were unreliable, but based on our previous 2 LRs we were confident we were purchasing quality vehicles. However, our new 2017 Range Rover Sport had issues going out the gate.

1st. The In Control App would not function. However, the shop would mark it up to user error. Please, it does not take a rocket scientist to use this app. They performed update after update and it still does not work correctly. They say, 15-20 min prior to leaving the office attempt to start the car and you should be ok. However, this is neither reasonable or environmentally friendly and it still would rarely work correctly.

2nd. The LR stalled out on the interstate because it said it was out of fuel when it had over 3/4 of a tank. It would not operate even though we verified there was fuel in the take and it was towed to Land Rover of Fort Myers for repair. Supposedly, the cause was rectified by a software update which seems rather odd. This was the most scared I have been in a vehicle in my 25 + years of driving. We lost power and power steering going a least 75 mph on a packed highway with my 6 month old son. Come to find out we were one of 1st (YAY!!) LR owners to experience this issue which later became a NHTSA safety recall in June 2018.

3rd. Again. The LR ceased to function on the interstate with my 7 month old son in the car. The alert on the dash stated shifter failure. The engine would run but the transmission ceased to operate correctly and was towed to Land Rover of Fort Myers for repairs yet again. Again, the cause was supposedly rectified by a software update which seems rather odd to me.

4th and Above and Beyond. After a number of software updates our LR continued to malfunction. Our center console still does not work. No radio, no GPS, no camera or no safety system. Our tire pressure checking system will trigger a fault alarm because it has ceased to work. I have own the LR for 9 months and I am currently in the 2nd month of trying to arbitrate a buy back under the Florida Lemon Law Statute. We entirely stopped driving the LR 1.5 months ago because I can no longer place my family (10 month baby/wife), myself or the citizens at risk by this dangerous vehicle. I am attempting to do this myself. However, if I do not have resolution soon, I will be hiring a lemon law specialized attorney to assist with expediting this process.

It is really hard to imagine such an expensive vehicle could have such problems. As I have seen on the Consumer Affairs website, this is nothing new. I have personally owned/drove hundreds of vehicles in my lifetime (including classic cars, military vehicles and down right beaters) and this was the 1st time (and 2nd time) I ever needed to have my car towed due to a breakdown. It really is a shame because this vehicle is very attractive and drives beautifully (when not broke down). Good luck current LR owners and caution to any potential future LR owners until LR can make dramatic improvements in reliability.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I have leased a Land Rover Evoque 2015 (new) - it has 92000 km and my lease is up Jan 2019. On July 14 the engine just stopped - I had it towed to a local mechanic. I wanted to make sure it was not just a battery issue (quick review) - I was told that the engine had experienced a catastrophic failure and caused the top of the engine block to blow off. I then had it towed to Metro West - where they just sat on the car for over two weeks- Always telling me that they are working on it with Land Rover.

On July 27 I went into the dealer and demanded answers. The Service manager gave me a toll free number to Land Rover. I made the call and they had no record of my vehicle issue. It then takes Land Rover until Aug 03 - to tell me that if I went through them they would put in up to 3500.00 on repairs. They only want to replace with new engine (cost 18,000.00). Still they have not investigated why this happened.

All service was performed, with the proper oil - there was no tell tail signs that there was an issue, the engine had the proper amount of oil. I have all records and photos of engine, plus a letter with a licensed mechanic opinion. On Aug 07 - I have towed my car from Metro West and brought it to my regular mechanic OK Hi Standard Tire. Through all this I have rented my own car - which I need to get myself prepared for a kidney transplant and work. I have asked Hi Standard tire to take all photos and see if we can determine what failed internally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 24, 2018

JLR don’t care about disability! They just want to look like they care while using my DISABILITY AGAINST ME??? I rely heavily on my Discovery 4. They’ve ripped me off & lie constantly! Withheld vital info from A Motor Ombudsman investigation to sway decision??? Great caution must be exercised with the motor ombudsman as it is run by Jaguar Land Rover’s ex-customer service director!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Purchased a new Ranger Rover Autobiography 2.5 yrs ago and from the first month has issues. Now been back to garage 25 times - 5 roadside assistance - servicing massive issue with failure to fix the issue so returning back into garage. Jaguar Land Rover fob you off and simply ignore your questions and concerns. Harwoods dealership told me to go and buy another brand as I clearly am never going to happy with the car. It's quite staggering. Now just finding out I am one of many. Wish I was aware of their unreliability before I purchased. Now stuck with car or facing a massive loss. NEVER BUY A CAR FROM JAGUAR LAND ROVER OR HARWOODS.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Many reviews on this site of problems with the infotainment system. This is a known problem with Range Rover and Velar. I have had very weak digital radio signal in my 2017 Evoque, considerable interference on FM radio, phone drops, and forget about getting reliable service between the phone/USB/Bluetooth and playing music. Press a song in the playlist and another appears! Crackling speakers during robust music and album artwork all mixed up between artists. Frozen screeching screen! All fine on the phone when connecting to other cars! There is a disconnect between the touchscreen and the IMC (the computer under your seat). All software updates have failed to fix the problem. How is Range Rover getting away with not doing a recall? AVOID until they sort it!

Original review: June 29, 2018

2018 Range HSE - I am an avid lover of Range Rovers. This is approximately my 10th, at times we even had 2. From day one I have had issues with the info nav system. From screen freezing to it just going dark. The car was in for service at about 3000 miles because the Check engine light was on, something with the emissions, part had to be replaced.

They did an update on the software saying that should resolve most of my issues. Wrong - phone doesn’t pair, voice not recognize, feature unavailable at this time. Next back up cameras stopped working, then they started again. The other day I was driving to mail a letter, jumped out of my car at the mailbox, never turned the engine off since this was a 30 second task and I really was less than a foot away, sat down in the car and an unknown light started flashing, took a pic and texted it to the tech person at the dealer, he didn’t know what it was, said "Drive it, it will probably turn off." Well he was right, it did turn off.

I went home, pulled into my garage and heard a scrape from the roof, well evidently the car decided to raise itself to a height that I would and never have used, I never use those features, no need for me too and it ripped off the satellite cover. Well now I know what that flashing light is. They are ordering the part but told me to tape the remaining pieces over it because I could ruin the electronic system in the rain. It was torrential rain yesterday.

Today I was sitting minding my own business at a traffic light, red light, car in front of me, car behind. That’s normal at a traffic light. All of a sudden a loud continuous tone came on, I looked at my dash and it said start driving to deactivate parking sensors. I wasn’t parking the car, was I supposed to ram into the car in front of me or ram into the car behind me, just as I was getting ready to video this episode, the light changes and I had to drive so this little glitch stopped. I was on my way to do some errands but at this point I just went home. The car clearly has a mind of its own and I’m afraid to drive it because I don’t know what it will do next. I can receive calls most of the time through blue tooth, but I have to make calls directly through my phone turning blue tooth off, otherwise it just disconnects the call before it even starts ringing.

This is an epic failure for Land Rover. They never told me about updates. There is supposed to be another one soon. But a brand new car with 3500 miles on it shouldn’t be having these issues. I realize these are first work problems, but they clearly can become dangerous, causing accidents that can lead to bodily harm or death. The dealer pretends to be cooperative but I know they are sick of hearing from me. I have spoken to so many people within the many dealerships they own, telling me they want to resolve the problem, get me out of my lease and give me another car, but the prices being quoted to me are ridiculous since the cars I have chosen are clearly lesser of a car than my Rover.

With the new lease prices I’m being given, less mileage per year, down payments and higher leases than I am currently paying now. I didn’t build this car nor design, it is beautiful and I would hate to give it up, but I’m willing to drive a Ford Edge at this point. I’m glad I’m not the only with these issues. At least I know I’m not crazy. But I am clearly at a loss as to what to do because the dealer refuses to document anything. They keep telling me speak to tech, well tech doesn’t want speak to me. I am clearly done with Land Rovers of any kind. I will say that we have many different luxury vehicles purchased at the different dealerships this owner has from BMW, to Porsche to Audi and we have been faithful customers for many years. They really don’t seem to value our loyalty. I am so fed up!!!

Updated on 07/08/2018: The saga continues. The car is still at Land Rover. They said they have done the 4th update on the computer system and it was successful, but they have only driven it 2.9 miles since I brought there over a week ago. The icing on the cake was last Saturday when I was parked at a mall and returned to my car and the dashboard warning read battery low. Turn engine on. How does a battery run low after 3500 miles. It was at that point I asked my husband to meet me at the dealer. I gave them my keys and said I never wanted to see the car again. I put in a claim for buyback with LRUSA, their response was that it hasn’t been serviced enough for the problems I am having.

The reason for that is every time I had a problem they put me in touch with the tech person. The tech person does not have to document anything. From that Tuesday through that Friday I was in contact with the tech. He was at a loss, no help at all. My car almost 2 weeks ago raised up to an off road position and I didn’t know, I never turned it off just jumped out to mail a letter and right back in, flashing light appeared, texted it to tech, he didn’t know what it was, said it would go off when I drive it, he was right but I didn’t know it was in off-road , I never raise the car ever and I pulled into my garage and the satellite piece was ripped off and apparently there is also a dent, which Range Rover wasn’t sure they would fix because there wasn’t that error on the computer. However they are going to fix it.

I was promised the car would be brought to the body shop on Thursday, for me to have it back early this week, it is still sitting in the Land Rover parking lot with the exception of the 2.9 miles it was driven on July 5th. That 2.9 mile drive took 40 minutes, I think they drove my car to have lunch based on the journey and stops. I hoped they enjoyed it. This problem is worldwide yet Land Rover isn’t doing any recalls, apparently some cars were stuck at the docks in Maryland for computer replacements, but it was the 2nd allotment of Rovers to hit the US. I have had my car since February. I already paid the lease for July, yet I haven’t had the car since June 30th. It seems like no one wants to take responsibility for these issues. I am so frustrated with the treatment from both the dealer and LRA.

I want my car back to see if it actually can perform without an issue for a day. The best case scenario would be for them to do a buyback as I requested. This is just never ending and I don’t see an end in sight. To think I will have to drive this car for 3 years is making me ill. If Land Rover USA happens to see this post- enough is enough. After 12 Range Rovers this will be my last, never again. What a poorly run company. I would think someone would continue to reach out to me from corporate to see what’s going on, they haven’t, I spoke to them on Wednesday and that was it. This is really messed up.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Purchased a Range Rover Sport HSE at the end of February 2018. The vehicle currently has 4,500 miles and has been in for repairs 4 times -- the last was for two plus weeks. The issues are all surrounding the infotainment system -- Audio system, Climate Control, Navigation, etc. The latest upgrade of the firmware(s) and replacement of the main infotainment computer resulted in a completely dead navigation system -- frozen map, no audio NOTHING. My phone pairs, but the call loses audio frequently and is unusable.

The dealer has been very good, but this is a major design flaw and cannot be fixed. I have begun the buy-back process and so far the dealership and Land Rover USA seem to be willing to accommodate my demands -- namely I want out of the vehicle without it costing me a single cent -- purchase prices, delivery, taxes, interest paid, extended warranty, etc. We shall see when all of a sudden the just under $80K sticker amounts to a refund closer to $90K. First and definitely the LAST Land Rover/Jaguar product I would ever consider. Unfortunately because aside from that Mrs. ** I love the vehicle style, ride and comfort.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The Land Rover Range Rover Sport is heavy and so it makes it easier. lt's safe and sturdy and therefore easier to drive. The dash, lights and buttons are informative and driving is safer for me. I like the solid feel of the vehicle. It makes me feel safer in traffic. I like the height I can drive at and it sets down five inches when we stop so I can get in and out easier. However, the interaction of the signal in the tires is inconsistent and worries me sometimes. Also the GPS system is too expensive to update so it is 8 years old and not reliable.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I just purchased a 2018 Range Rover HSE TD6 Diesel Black Package, very expensive, took five months to get after order. To date about six weeks of owning car (4,000 miles), the unit is experiencing major electrical, computer malfunctions such as backup camera, not working, computer (dash), not working or black, lumbar supports and massage seats not working, USB ports not working or charging, phone once paired not working, had to delete and re-pair. The problem is the dealer really doesn't know what or how to diagnose or fix the problem. Thank God I had stopped back by the dealership for a tech question and the technician witnessed some of the problems, too expensive of a car to have this many problems, might be time for a Lemon Law attorney.

Original review: June 16, 2018

This is our fourth Range Rover purchase, and our last. At only five months old it has had three software patches applied (some of the patches have taken 4-6 hours to download, last time my car was in service for three days). Today, the electronic screen froze again, but never reset after turning off and on, which meant no Bluetooth, no radio, no back up cameras, no navigation, no climate, nothing, just a frozen screen). I was told that ALL models from Land Rover are having epic failures in this area and it will be at least two weeks before the new patch is released, and could take a day of service to download it and apply it and so many people will need to have this software update done.

Why has Land Rover not been proactive in contacting owners to let them know about this problem? I’m sorry, but spending 120,000 for a car, even spending 20k, deserves far better communication from corporate. I asked the service manager if sales associates are now warning all new buyers of the complete failure of software electronics, he said they started this week. He also indicated he is receiving a half dozen calls a day about frozen screens, SIM card failures, etc and we just have to wait for the fourth update to be rolled out... hopefully in the next two weeks but they do not know when. Shame on Land Rover for the lack of communication or acknowledgment of an epic failure, which has been going on for a long while given the reviews in the past year. According to the service manager the Vevlars are a disaster.

Their answer was the electronic control panel is not necessary. We backed up before without cameras, we can pull off on the side of the road to call someone, so you don’t need Bluetooth, and you don’t need the navigation system because you can use your phone, and you do not need your radio, or fine tune climate in the rear... all true points, but at over a 100,000 dollars for a luxury car you expect those things to be working on a regular basis. We were planning on ordering a ‘19 Range Rover as another car, but now we will not. This is our last Range Rover.

Original review: June 8, 2018

My Range Rover Sport April 2018 sustained a minor rear end shunt on the 14 May and since then the vehicle has been off road because the tailgate will not remain closed and Land Rover cannot provide a replacement or indeed give any indication of when the relevant parts will be available, I know they are called off road vehicles but this is taking the term too literal. Should manufacturers be allowed to sell vehicle and then fail to keep them on the road due to lack of back up. Don’t buy a Land Rover.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I got my first new Land Rover, a Freelander 2 TD4 manual, in 2011. I’ve read the stories, I know about the unreliability. Consequently, I was a bit surprised that it took 18 months and 50,000 miles before an engine warning light came on. Land Rover were out within half an hour, diagnosed it as a faulty sensor and got it fixed right away. At just over 2 year and about 75,000 miles, it came up with a message that there was a rear diff ECU fault which was quickly fixed under warranty. At 90,000 miles I passed it to a colleague who has taken it over 165,000 miles and counting and he’s needed a new rear diff and it’s first clutch. He’s still running it and has no plans to replace it. I don’t think that’s at all bad; perhaps all those who write one star reviews might see it differently?

I then moved on to a 12,000 mile and one year old version of the same thing. Over the next year and 35,000 miles, it went about its business with just one odd fault - every week or so, the car would stutter for half a moment under power; nothing dangerous, or even annoying, just a characteristic really. I complained about it anyway and when Land Rover admitted that they had no fix, they made a generous offer to subsidise a swap for another FL2, but a top of the range SD4 automatic this time.

That car was a complete gem and loved it to bits, without a single fault over the following 12 months/35,000 miles. However, I had a complete rush of blood to the head and stupidly traded in for a brand new Discover 4. Surely, this money pit had to be my undoing? Nope. The nicest car I’d has to date, with the only “fault” being squeaky rear brakes that were easily fixed. Unfortunately, Land Rover then introduced the nasty new Discovery 5 and I panicked. I had wanted to keep the Discovery 4 for a while, but decided to buy one of the last new D4’s before it was too late. Unfortunately, it was already too late. But, I did manage to trade my 1 year (and, you’ve guessed it) 35,000 mile old D4 in for a beautiful green 12,000 mile old D4 HSE Luxury...

Which was very nice. However, after adding another 20-25,000 miles or so, it broke down. This time it was off the road for a month while they had to diagnose and replace a, very dead, high pressure fuel pump. It’s a big, body off, job to replace. Very expensive and very time consuming, no doubt, but why should I care? It was all done under warranty and they kept me in nice loaners too.

When I spoke to Land Rover about the amount of time it took, they completely blew me away! They asked me what my dream Land Rover was and they then subsidised an extraordinarily large amount of money to make a top of the range Range Rover vaguely affordable and weapons grade “man maths” bridged the remaining gap!

8 Months and 24,000 miles later, I’m chuffed to bits with my Range Rover SDV8 and wouldn’t part with it for any other car in the world. All being well, I’d like to hang on the this until well past 250,000 miles. In conclusion, the cars have been brilliant, the build quality has been superb and the reliability has been well up to the mark. Where things have gone wrong, Land Rover have been first rate and have gone above and beyond in restoring my faith in them. I have no wish to go elsewhere.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was driving my 2013 Range Rover Evoque earlier today and the steering failed and it started to makes a screeching noise. Fortunately no one was hurt but I was very disturbed by feedback I have received from x3 Land Rover garages. Each from my description of the fault has diagnosed it as a steering rack failure. One mechanic confirmed that this is a common fault and Land Rover recalled 2012 models to rectify this. I have been advised that there is a 3-4 week lead-time to fix due to a backlog in parts indicating that there is a high failure rate and the cost will be approximately £3,000 for a car that has only done 45,000 miles and 6 months out of warranty. I am in the process of ordering the parts but wondered if anyone else has seen this issue as I think it is highly dangerous and should be investigated. I have filed a complaint to the Driving Standards Agency, curious to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Purchased Land Rover Discover 4 brand new with 8km on the clock. Attempted to drive home. Only made it 6km along the highway when the transmission failed. Land Rover were horrendous to deal with. Firstly asking if it could be driver error (it is an automatic!) then insisting on replacing the entire transmission against our wishes. Two weeks after the day of purchase and all along we refused in writing to accept the vehicle, yet Land Rover drove it to my place of employment and left it there. I had just signed up for a 5 year Lease so couldn’t get out of the contract without great financial penalty. So we were stuck with this lemon for 5 years and it has been so unreliable, the best it ever performed was when sitting on the back of a flat top tow truck. Suspension cracks, constant oil leaks, shudders at speed (really, really shudders!) breakdowns and clunking noises are all part of this heap of rubbish. Never again!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Range Land Rover in Cardiff this morning and asked to speak to the salesman who dealt with me as I am awaiting on a part that came off my Range Rover SVR. Was told the salesman was busy and would call me back, had no response for a couple of hours and decided to call back and this time I was told by the same receptionist that the salesman I wanted to talk to has a day off??? I queried this with the receptionist that why was I told he was in and busy and now been told that he is not in work? She could not reply to this. I had ordered that part with them over a month ago and was advised by the salesman that this would take about a week to come and be painted, etc. etc.

I feel like I am being fobbed off by the dealership and I truly wish that I was fobbed off before I parted with my £109,000.00 for the vehicle I purchased from them last year as then I would've gone and sourced another high end vehicle from another dealership. Reading the comments on here it seems that this is normal practice for this brand of dealership. Customer service is out of the door once they have had your money.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Purchased a fully loaded 2018 RR Sport on Friday and drove home without issue. The next morning the climate and info system begin shutting down and restarting every 30 seconds. Had the car taken to the dealer Sunday and luckily got ahold of the bank to stop any money from making it to the dealer. Just told them to keep the car. I’m not paying around $100k for a vehicle that needs a repair within 13 hours of driving off the lot. Car had 80 miles on it when I bought it. The fact Land Rover can’t seem to produce a fully functional vehicle amazes me. They essentially make a gorgeous expensive car that looks great on the back of a flatbed truck. Wish a company would buy Land Rover that would then focus more on quality. I was in love with the car but couldn’t be more disappointed with the result. Luckily the dealer was reasonable and let me walk understanding how frustrating this was for me.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Blown engine at 85,000 miles. Several local shops said that car was running rough because of a blown turbo. 4K to fix, car still running rough. Take in to Range Rover and they say engine blown would be over 10k repair. No lights ever indicated it was the engine and I provided all oil change service records. They say that $10,900 is a discounted engine and at this time that is all they will do. There needs to be a recall on 2013-2015 Evoques. Engine issues are common.

I will never buy a Range Rover again. I used to own three and now none. Whichever one you own, they do not stand by their products. I told them I was going to park the undrivable worthless car outside a common area with a sign and they sent me the phone number to the BBB. Save yourself and if you own one, get rid of it before it’s too late. I now drive a Toyota Land Cruiser and it’s like a dream. 122,000 miles and counting. No issues at all while the 2013 Range Rover Evoque rots in the driveway.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I purchased a new 2017 Range Rover in December 2017, the car has been in the shop 3 times in first 6 weeks, the navigation system freezes, and all functionality is lost, radio etc - they still can't fix - the car is not functional, very disappointing. Not a well made vehicle and at that price point, they should be embarrassed, you get better quality with almost any other car.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought my 3rd Land Rover in 2017 after a long hiatus (after issues in 1998/2003). Almost immediately the infotainment screen began blacking out and rebooting all the time. It took 3 days for them to update this, it worked a bit better but it was not perfect. Whenever I called in for service, they would ask me if I was SURE I wanted to get it fixed (like, are you SURE you want to wait for how long it's going to take us) because they don't have loaner cars, and the technicians are slow to get to issues. This was April 2017. Forward to December. I am driving out of my neighborhood (I am at 5500' altitude) and I accelerate aggressively to get around an 18 wheeler as I am getting into high speed traffic coming down the mountain. My accelerator pulls from my foot, is flush with the floor, and tips at 85 mph with the RPM gauge redlining at 8000.

The car is wobbling and shaking, I have zero control of it. I press the brake several times pretty hard/gentle and it finally pops out. I never drove the car again. (Note, the service person had the audacity to ask if I was sure I wasn't accidentally driving with both feet. Right. 1st gear at 8000 RPM. With my right foot on the brake. Yeah). Car was towed back to the dealership where I got it, 500 miles away, they offered me a decent trade amount, I trade up to a Supercharged regular Range Rover, with a hefty price tag. They put this car above back out on the lot for sale a few days later. The new car has issues almost immediately. The steering wheel jerking into left and right lanes at high speeds out of the blue. Techs said, "Oh disable your lane assist". So I did that, no help. I almost was jerked into an 18 wheeler on a curve on a highway in the rain the next day going 65mph.

Then they say, "Oh, disable your blind spot warning". I did this as well. Of no help. I go in and uncheck the "driver assist" for both options, and it seems to help some. Then of course the black screen starts its visits, rebooting in the middle of driving or not coming on at all. Bluetooth calls dropping. The gear shift dial sticking (can't D to R or R to D or P) and with the computer rebooting randomly, coming back on during driving, all the cameras go nuts and start making sounds all over the place until it realizes that the car is actually DRIVING now, not trying to park.

The dealership refunded my money for this one. I am forever grateful for that, they did step up. They did imply that LR's were more for appeal and looks and status than reliability and dependability. They say, it's a great car if you are ok with being in the shop, even better to live near one. I got a GMC Yukon Denali yesterday. It's amazing, and my breakup with Land Rover is complete. The accelerator incident was one of the scariest events of my life. I am not a panicky person, but I had nightmares for weeks after that one.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

2012 Range Rover Evoque - I purchased this car in September 2017. Shortly after, I noticed the interior of my car smelling like gas. When I brought the car into my local Land Rover dealership for service I told them about the constant odor. Unfortunately they said they did not smell it. About a month later I brought it in for service and told them the problem still existed, once it went unresolved. So now I have it back in for the same problem, and I hope that someone resolves this. This strong gas smell is literally making me feel sick, anyone who gets in my car notices and they don't feel safe. My problem is that my warranty ends in days and I do not want this to now be a huge problem for me. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? Help.

Land Rover Company Information