3.30/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Land Rover

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

252 Land Rover Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Never had such a money pit for a car. Avoid like the plague. Lots of ownership experience with high end/luxury cars--Volvo, Lexus, Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes. Less than two years ago we bought our first Land Rover LR4, brand new. Tires lasted 12,000 miles, brakes and rotors failed at 22,000 miles (today). On top of that, put close to $3,000 into it for regular maintenance checks. In less than two years. Outrageous.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased a 2017 Range Rover Evoque Convertible in February 2017. If I knew then, what I know now, I would HAVE NEVER purchased the Range Rover Evoque Convertible. Here are the very few good things: Smooth Ride, SUV Convertible. Here is a list of the bad things with this car: Car not starting and stalling out: About 2 months ago this car started stopping mid drive. It does not happen every day, but when it does it is very scary.

GPS and Radio Do not Work all of the time: About a month ago the GPS and Stereo screen blanks out at start up of the car. Happens about 3 times a week, not every time. Meridian Stereo is Awful: The speakers that they use in this car are very poor quality. I keep the bass and subwoofer at -1 and only turn it up 1/2 way and the 2 back speakers have blown out completely. So bad I only listen to talk radio now (when the radio turns on and the screen is not frozen).

Poor service at all dealers - There are 2 Range Rover/Land Rover dealers in my area. Both of which only have appointments 2 to 3 weeks out. Even after speaking with the service managers they do not have any appointments or loaners for me to use to diagnose and fix these issues for at least 2 to 3 weeks. I suspect that Range Rovers have so many issues that they just do not have the staff to support the demand.

Other observations - Car inside uses very cheap plastic in the console and areas in the dashboard, for $55,000 car the interior should be top quality. SUV Convertible: This car is so rare that many people talk to you about it (mostly curiosity and many bad things, like why do you need this car, etc.) I learned to ignore all of this unwanted attention.

That said, now I am paying a hefty monthly car payment for this 2017 Range Rover Evoque Convertible that has major issues and no resolution in sight. My advice is DO NOT buy a Range Rover and certainly do not buy the Evoque Range Rover convertible if you want a reliable, luxury and convertible that people will bother you about every day.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

The brakes wear warning came on at 27100 km. I drive mostly highway and I am very light on the brakes, so when I saw the warning I ignored and thought it is false alarm. A week later, light disappeared. Drove for another week, warning brake light came on again. Kept driving, but the light stayed on. By that time I had 28000 km, so I decided to take it to my local garage and let him check the brakes.

I was told that the rear brake pads are completely gone and rotors were rusted, so I asked if this is normal and mechanic answer was NO WAY. He explained that the front brakes do most of the work and to have rear brakes completely worn out is extremely unusual. He went on to say that they must have been faulty brakes. I called the dealer which is Thornhill Land Rover and talked to the service manager Sandro who told me that this is normal and depends on my style of driving, in other words SOL.

I called Land Rover Canada after spending 20 min on the phone with some dim light lady. She decided after consulting with someone else that it is wear and there is nothing they can do for me. So I am sorry to say that after driving BMW for 15 years switching to Land Rover Discovery 2016 was the biggest mistake. My previous BMW all of them I drove to 65000 km and never replaced or seen brake lights come on. For all of you who are thinking or considering buying this car save your money and headache and stay away. It's a lemon and neither the company nor the dealers care.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

With our 4th Range Rover, a 2017 Range Rover Sport, the front spoiler literally blew off the front of our car on a trip. The car having less than 4,000 miles. Contacted the Range Rover Consumer help line, was advised I needed to get an "estimate" for repairs, and then Range Rover would then decide whether or not they would pay for repairs. I could see where this was headed, and contacted Corporate offices for assistance from a higher level. So far, I have left 2 messages; have not been given the courtesy of a return call from Land Rover North America Corporate. After spending nearly $100,000 for this car, if this is Range Rover and Range Rover Corporate's attitude, my advice is to stay away.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Range Rover roadside assistance is the worst ever experience I ever had in my life. They were not able to send me tow truck. For four days supervisor don't even pick up the phone or return my calls. I've been driving Range Rover last five years. Enough is enough.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: June 14, 2017

My car's headlights is broken and I was trying to get an appointment to get fix. I was told that they're busy and a service supervisor will call. I waited all weekend but never got a call from them. I called again but told me that the earliest appt they can give me is July 3 which is about 3 weeks. I explained it to them that I need it so badly because this is my only way to get to work but Jenny said that she can't do anything earlier than July 3. For just a headlight, I need to wait 3 weeks!!!

My car is a lease and I don't want anyone to just fix it and will end up messed up. And besides, when they we're doing the sales talk to convince me to get a car from them, the sales rep advise me that for any problem it's better to bring it to them, that they have the best service. Freaking BIG LIE!!! Land Rover has the WORST SERVICE EVER. I use to have a BMW and this is the BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER to switch to Land Rover. I pay my lease on time and I don't deserve this kind of service. My safety is compromised and because of all this disappointments and frustration I ended up having the headache and triggered my hypertension. THIS IS REALLY NOT FAIR!!! So whoever reads this review, you better think million times before you get a car from Land Rover!

Original review: May 27, 2017

Worst car EVER!!! Buyer be warned. My car has less than 20k miles on it and I've had more recalls on it than I can count. It's been in the shop constantly. Transmission has blown so many times - once in the middle of a 4 lane highway going 60 mph. Thank God there was a barrier next to me. Electrical issues. You name it. I had an extremely rude employee that I sent a complaint about to the company. They didn't even have the decency to respond to my complaint. For a car I spent over $50k I expect decent customer service.

I'm a physician and I've told every colleague I know to absolutely stay away from this terrible brand. I get asked many times how I like my Evoque 2015. I always emphatically tell people to "stay away it's a terrible, terrible car made by a terrible company and you can get something way better for the same price (or less). And you will feel like an actual valued customer." I can't stress how incredibly awful RR is with customer service, quality of product, and overall attitude towards their customers. DO NOT BUY OR LEASE THESE CARS! You WILL regret it.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I have a new 2016 Range Rover Sport. A small rock cracked the headlamp and allowed water to penetrate the headlight. I was told the cost to repair this was over $2,000! Land Rover says the entire assembly has to be replaced because of a crack. Land Rover controls the entire market for this part and it is impossible to find outside of their company. Seems like piss poor engineering and grand larceny to ask that kind of money to replace a piece of plastic with LED lights inside. They should be embarrassed.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I have been driving Land Rovers in my family since 2005 and exclusive owned 5 products so far right from LR3, LR4 and most recent Range Rover sport diesel 2016s. Purchased my first Range Rover sport in May of 2016. The car spent more time in the dealership due to transmission issues and leaks on an ongoing basis. I traded the car for another Range Rover Sport TD6. After about 1000 miles transmission fluid started leaking and could smell smoke in the cabin. Minor leaks but continuous. Dealer took the car in twice to change out various seals. However leaks continued. Car has been at dealership for over a month. Dealer lowered the entire transmission and determined that the transmission fluid leaked through the material of the transmission housing. The material is porous and allows transmission oil through its walls. So dealer order a new transmission for a car now at about 2000 miles.

There is major issue with the material of construction of the transmission and is quite unsafe in my opinion. I have asked for a full compensation through dealership and Jaguar Land Rover North America. The response so far has been very slow both from JLR North America and the dealer tells me that such things take time to resolve. Meanwhile I continue paying for the car. My main concern with the car is its reliability and safety. I am still waiting to hear dealer and JLR North America. I will update post as issue gets resolved. Meantime any advice highly appreciated.

Original review: April 18, 2017

The Range Rover Sport is by far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. What a disappointment for a luxury SUV. The car always has issues, stays in the shop and is constantly in need of some type of service. The smallest things will require you to go to the dealer to be addressed. When any warning light comes on, prepare yourself for a trip to the dealer with your credit card ready. And this is way too often.

For example, I've had my tire pressure light come on, which is an appreciated notification, but after filling the tires with air the warning light wouldn't go off. Who needs a trip to the dealer for putting air in the tires? No thank you! It's an awesome looking vehicle but the maintenance is a part-time job and expensive. This car is like dating a young supermodel. It's great when it's new and quite beautiful to look at, but it needs a lot of work under the hood and it is gonna cost you! You will get to know your repairman quite well if you purchase this vehicle. A truly disappointing experience.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Land Rover offers the Discovery, which is the model I finally decided on. There is also the Range Rover and the LR4. I love this brand because it is very sleek and resourceful. I love the new design - one of the things that caught my attention and had me look into this brand. This vehicle is very comfortable and make you feel proud to be an owner. It was just what I needed. The storage compartment is very accommodating, to say the least. This brand have great control both on and off the roads. It handles very well on wet roads. It is very versatile with exceptional technology. The technology inside is excellent - simply a dream.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Land Rover offers comfy models that ride good and get you where you're going safely and comfortably. It has really sharp nice lines and groovy interior. It's pretty and has some nice stuff. It's also high tech and has lots to like about it.

Original review: March 19, 2017

The variety of models is great. Land Rover let's you choose the car that right for you that fix your spending budget they have on the most perfect update models of the car. The features and appearance are one of the best things about a car, and the fact that you can get the possibility to design your own car is amazing and it seems pretty cool being able to upgrade your vehicle/car. It has space for the whole family but it would really depend how big the family is. It can fit in any normal family at 4-5 but not really a family of 8-9.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The 2014 Evoque Range Rover is an accident waiting to happen. Recalls to updates to not understand how this car is supposed to run. For an higher end car it does not hold true to quality. Car has 76,000 miles and told its needs a new transmission for $24,000 which is the value of the car. Car stalls when on highway, car stalls when out in gear. Higher quality parts do not last longer than any other car. Problem after problem. Worst car I have ever owned from day one. You don't know if it's the eco turning car off or if it's stalling.

Original review: March 17, 2017

It is a very unique vehicle. Runs smooth and has great electronics inside as well. Very keen to high speed and great performance. It has blue and black covering on it, has rugged tires, dim lights and great gauges. It has very sturdy, safety tested body as well. It has a great design of smooth texture interior, and has silk on the roof top and dim windows. I added hydraulics and blue lights to make it look cool and added cherry color to the top of the hood to give it my own unique design. It holds up to 6 people comfortable with ample leg room and great arm stretch, and it has a place to put ear plugs so passengers can listen to music. I would tell my friends and family about this vehicle because it gives off a great look and nice ride.

Original review: March 16, 2017

The variety of the car is straightforward. It is good at travel on the land and road. It's a family car that is easy to drive and have a four load that can hold four people for great outings and road adventure. Great for trip where you want to get away and enough room to hold your stuff. This car has it all. It comes in a lot of different colours that and four gear steering, a leather seat that hold against the weather that nature bring plus a GPS that tell you where you need to be. It has a radio of the high variety.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Between Range and Land Rovers, there's a ton of options. There's the Sport, Discover, and Evoque which are all different prices. They are very nice and easily customizable. You can customize almost anything. A popular route is the blacked out Range Rover, which looks very sleek. You can also choose from the basics - just color of leather and outside. The car is beautiful inside and beautiful outside! I love the look and feel of the cars. Great colors for leather and outside. It has very distinct look and you can tell they are Rovers. A lot of the cars have a 7 person capacity, but the back seats can be small and crammed. The front seats are full and luxurious, though, and could comfortably seat two petite people (not while driving though!). It's overall a great car and would recommend it.

Original review: March 12, 2017

Land Rover offered me a coupe and a minivan. I was happier with the minivan as me and my family needed something nice to start the new year due to our old car breaking down. My wife and I love the appearance. I love the new doors, tints, motor engine, exhaust speed. Everything about this car screams bad. I also love the amount of space this vehicle offers. It is ridiculous but needed as I have a large family. It is a very useful car and will stay in our family lineage for a long time. We will continue to buy from the vehicle manufacturer also so that's very nice. I will probably buy one for my cousin on his birthday.

Original review: March 9, 2017

I was very satisfied with my purchase. I also loved the salesman who sold me the car. I had it customized to my specifics and was very happy about it. I would not add any specific details as is looks great. I'm very happy with the look of the car. The size of the car is very huge and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this car to others because of the size of the car. I really do love and enjoy it very much.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I have had my vehicle for about a year and have only been able to drive it a little over 8 months due to the incompetent services rendered. Today (Mar 2nd 2017) I received my vehicle after 2 1/2 months (Dec 16 2016) of it being in the shop for the third time and it was delivered with a broken windshield window. The service manager was notified and informed the tow truck driver to still drop off the vehicle; not to mention the RANGE ROVER road assistance crashing the vehicle into my garage on one of these three occasions.

Dealings with the RANGE ROVER BRAND has given me a negative image of them and how they treat their customers. Nothing has been resolved after over a year with dealing with RANGE ROVER Customer Service and RANGE ROVER USA and now they have forced me to look into the Lemon Act for my State. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

2012 Range Rover Supercharge - SO disappointed! Went without a car for well over a year, searched and found this one at a local high lined dealer in Atlanta, Georgia. 2 months after purchase major suspension problems, had fixed, month later more problems with wiring/electrical. Now 10 months later, MAJOR issues. Crankshaft/timing chain plastic parts. Can you even imagine why a car that cost over 100k would have plastic parts, let alone this many problems and repairs needed?

I would NEVER recommend this brand of car to anyone every again, doesn't matter how much the price is, it is NOT made to last nor drive forever unless you have at least $5000 a year over the cost of payment and insurance to keep this car in driving condition and safety for your family. Sad to see a company NOT care nor want to make these problems right. I guess it will take many hurt/even killed possible or drag out in court for lawsuits for this to ever be done or fixed. Disappointed is not even the words to describe this company and its products!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

My $75k car broken down after 2 days of ownership. This is my 3rd day of ownership for this brand new 2017 Range Rover Sport car and I have already experienced a multitude of problems. I left the dealership with a full tank, but today the car said my tank was empty even though I only drove 160 miles according to odometer. I called the dealer and was asked to drive to dealership for a checkup. My dealer (Encino CA) is 26 miles away, so I decided to drive to Pasadena Land Rover (1 mile away) for a quick checkup. Then, out of nowhere, my car stalled 4 times in the middle of road on the way to the dealership. I almost got into accident because the car stalled while I was turning in an intersection!

Once again, my Range Rover stalled at dealer’s parking spot which happened to be at an incline. The car (switched to?) neutral and I began to slide backwards. Although I was screaming for help because I was losing control my car, the service guy took his sweet time. He nonchalantly told me to keep pressing on the break. However, because of how heavy the car is and I was stationed at an incline it took a considerable amount of strength to press the break in order to make sure the car stayed still. My foot was holding the break for five minutes before the dealer finally approached me. I almost lost my strength to hold on break because my foot was shaking from the amount of force I was using to push the break. I almost attempted to press the panic button.

Instead of driving a brand new car, I felt that I was driving some 50-year-old car. Even with its advanced safety features, the system still failed me and I could have gotten into a fatal accident. No one should have to deal with these issues, especially if the car is brand new and you have only driven for a couple of days. Overall, the Range Rover Sport 2017 is an unreliable car and Land Rover has bad service. Don’t buy this car or any cars from this company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The model I have is a great midsized car, one I have wanted for a while. It has all the luxury items I need. It has a sunroof, nice speakers, aftermarket stereo and nice radio sound. Electric windows, air conditioning, gas efficient usage, backup camera, everything. It can seat 5 passengers and has enough room in the back for everything. All passengers are comfortable in it and there's plenty of room. I really like the look. It is black and the interior is tan. It has tinted windows and the chrome package. It has a lot of upgrades I can do and there's so many options still left but I like it how it is.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

The Land Rover is very good and has great large suspensions. It is a very comfortable vehicle to travel with family and friends. It is luxury and with a lot of speed. I love it. It is very nice.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Is this a record under 600 miles in a brand new vehicle and it's on a tow truck? Yes if you are thinking of buying a new Range Rover you will get to know all the tow truck drivers in the area pretty quick. Complete electronic shut down of braking and traction system, no power steering and no word from LR what is wrong yet.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

The best brands that the car dealership has. They have different models in color and the colors are different from any other brand. It is good for the car. The appearance is good enough to show off to friends and family. The upgrade of this car is better if you only like to pay more for the car and it has better quality in the car. The brand has enough room for a whole family and for friends too.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

It's a very nice looking vehicle and I love the features it has on it. I wouldn't ask for many extras. Also, it's roomy. I really enjoy how comfortable it is and how it rides. Don't have to worry about it being all crammed and can have a great relaxing one. It has all kinds of options and was upgraded to the most and I would love to buy another if I needed one. I really love mine and wouldn't buy any other kind. A very good ride as it is and I would tell everyone to try it and tell them it's one of the best out there.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

There were 3 cars I was really looking for - don't think I had any guesswork in the selection process. I was able to break in the leather seats for a small amount of time, then we got a hot silver one with the sports package plus lots of room.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Its variety isn't awesome but it has a lot of very tough and very nice SUV's and pickup style vehicles. They may not be awesomely fuel efficient but they are reliable. It hold a lot of people, seven person capacity. Beautiful design and some of the finest interiors I've ever seen. Baseball leather and things like heated and cooled seat. Also side seating on some model amazing brand. It very customizable and can be made to suit your needs. It really is usable for anything without a single upgrade though.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Land Rover was awesome. I loved the choices that they had for the public to choose from but I fell in love and picked the white truck that I purchased and even after I picked my truck there were still a ton of other colors and options that I wanted. If I had enough money to afford a second one I would have bought a second. I would pick a white one with peanut butter interior because the last one that I bought had a white exterior and black interior which wasn't really my favorite option for the truck.

Land Rover Company Information