Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.58/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

321 Land Rover Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I leased a new 2017 Range Rover sport dynamic. I absolutely love the vehicle!! I have owned many many cars, I have a lot to compare to. Expensive sports cars, luxury vehicles blah blah... I love this vehicle!! However, I will never lease or buy another one again. Unfortunately, I was in a collision not my fault but that doesn’t really matter. What matters is - It took 6 months for the dealer to repair my vehicle because Land Rover did not have the parts available. Can I remind everyone it’s a 2017 fairly new car. The parts should be readily available!! 6 months no vehicle is a long time. It was suggested to me to contact Land Rover directly with regard to the needed parts. I contacted them. They took all the info and passed it on to a claim agent.

I was contacted for additional info and they let me know my parts are on back order. Weeks and weeks later I find out one of the parts - a wiring harness doesn’t exist and the factory has to make one!! That took 2 months. In the meantime calls not returned - no response to emails and when I received a response it was patronizing and totally unhelpful. Never in a million years would I have thought a company like Land Rover would not have parts available for their newer model vehicles. I’m extremely disappointed in the way they handled the situation. Reputable companies are all about customer service and customer satisfaction. They failed big time!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I special ordered a brand new 2019 Land Range Rover diesel HSE in 2018 and received it at the end of October 2018 with all the bells and whistles top of line (but not the executive addition). Paying good 120K plus for it, but The car inside and out is absolutely beautiful!! The ride is wonderful! and the top of line seats are fabulous! As soon as I got the car I had a xpel protection wrap put over the outside paint of vehicle as well as a 3 layer ceramic clear coat protection placed over the outside of car And also had a clear protection spray done on entire inside of vehicle. I Planned to keep this expensive luxury vehicle for at least 7 years and wanted to keep it protected and looking fabulous as long as I had it.

As soon as I got the vehicle I parked it in garage and it wasn’t driven for week until my appointment to get the above protection coating put on it. This process took about 2 weeks to get done. Now it’s been approximately 3 weeks since I got new vehicle and haven’t driven it except home and to its appointment for protection coating.

The lady and guy that did the protection coating on vehicle said low battery warning kept coming up on dash. They did not leave anything on, the doors were only open while lightly tinting windows but wasn’t left open. I went to get car they drove out to front, turned it off, came got me to show final job done. I went to start vehicle and it dragged like it didn’t want to start. The radio dash stayed black and would not show anything. I turned off engine . Restarted it and it would not start. I did that several times and then it started. I drove it straight to Range Rover dealership. They put new battery in it but they said the original one showed it was good but since I just received the vehicle brand new they would just put a brand new one in it.

Few weeks later I was back again cause my dash would say low battery for no reason and NOTHING was left on. Went back again, they tested battery, showed good, they gave it a good charge and sent me on my way. Into December now, next my passenger front seat had problems moving forward and backwards, easy fix for them, again low battery light coming on here and there again, into new year of 2019 now, had about approximately a month or almost 2 months no issues I believe February to beginning of March started having warning issues come across my dash every month until end of July 2019 and waiting for the next time for this computer to pop something up again. You never know when. Was in shop with vehicle about 2 times a month starting off then went to almost weekly and then got to 2 time a week then got to out very days where I just picked car up and 2 day later it’s posting another warning issue.

And between all this time.. I picked my vehicle up from service shop and suppose to hopefully b fix by resetting computer and it decides to break down on me 3 hours away out of town. Just decided to not crack, not do anything and had to have it towed 3 hours back to Range Rover service dept. The computer dash will throw up warning issues across dash at different times saying: low battery, Blind spot monitor fault detected, Drive with caution restricted performance, Smart key no longer within vehicle (and it saying this while I already been driving and I have my key on side of me by center console), Reverse traffic detection not available, Autonomous Emergency Braking not available ,Service required (and car is not due for any service the service dep said) because it’s brand new less than 7500 miles at that time and only 6 months old at that time, Camera Fault detected.

That is a list of warnings that has been coming across my dash at different times. you never know when or where this vehicle is going to decide to post these warnings or take break down action. and if this vehicles brain going to decide if when and where it’s going to just shut down and not respond at all which it has already done it to me and had to be towed when I was 3 hours away from home.

Every time this vehicle post a warning issue across my dash, thank goodness I take a picture of it with my phone as proof because when I call to tell the service dept and when I get there and they turn car off then put it on a computer scan to see what codes come up to tell what warnings the car posted across dash, well it would show nothing as if the car never ever posted any problem warning across the dash. If it wasn’t for me taking pictures of the posted warnings across dash which gave date, time, mileage... none of the service dept or anyone of Range Rover would not have really thought it was true or would have thought I was misreading something.

Since they had no idea what the problem was cause the vehicle brain will not let them know exactly or you can say (car Ghosting Them). They could fix nothing but reset computer and hope it was just a minor glitch. Then it would happen again, sometimes the same warning, sometimes a different warning and then sometimes 2 warnings come up that could have been the same from before or new. But Range Rover service dept to this date today (August 16 2019) still doesn’t know what the problem is. When it broke down on me and had to be towed, Range Rover service dept and a district service person could not figure out why it broke down! They changed 1 of the main brains what I call the brains out of many of them in that vehicle by what I was told. This was around June 19 2019 Had to have all my keys reprogrammed to this new brain.

June 25 2019 almost 5 days later and this car is back to posting warning problem across the dash, drop it off again pick it up next day the 26Th and almost 3 days later June 29 2019 it’s posting warning notices again and this is still going on all the way to End of July 2019 still. I love this car as of beauty but it has a mental computer electronic problem where you don’t know when or where it’s going to say or act on it’s warning problems. That’s very stressful, not knowing if or when your car will shut down or lock you down in restricted driving mode as it’s has done me already several times. You can’t trust it.

As soon as the vehicle stays acting good for several days and your fear starts to drop it all of a sudden throws a warning issue problem at you and then you stress again not knowing what’s going to happen and I should not be having to go through this with a brand new car now 9 months old with 10,000 miles and approximately 7-8 month of its life brand new. I have been stressing with this vehicle and now dealing with Range Rover to take it back as a buy back because this is not my fault. I didn’t sign up to buy into a lemon mental car that has computer problems that’s a special order brand new 2019 vehicle that cost over 120,000 plus. This is not fair to me.

If this car did not have these issues constantly, if it didn’t stress you out with worrying if it’s trustworthy to drive and going to be reliable and dependable, if it was working correctly from day one, like it should have been... I would be wanting to keep it with no questions asked. But this is not the case. My own family doesn’t want to ride in my vehicle to go a long distant because they dint trust it! It’s like this car has cancer!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We are proud owner of ALL NEW DISCOVERY SE from dated 29th Nov 2019 INDIA. We are facing serious issue in air breathing due to lack of ac VENTS in 2nd and 3rd row. While driving with 5 and 7 passenger both 2nd and 3rd row passenger feels lack of breathing, nausea, sickness, sweatness in SE Model. Now what to do. Pls sort out ours seriously matters because it's related to passengers life.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Memphis, Tn. Bluff City Range Rover. Very dissatisfied!!! Drop my vehicle off to get some repairs done on July 10, 2019 for (REPLACE BOLTS/RESEAL EXHAUST LEAK. I received a phone call from Mr. ** my service rep. (very nice guy) on July 15,2019 informing me my car was ready for pickup, he also stated that they find another leak that’s going to cost me 4,953.32 total for a new (TURBOCHARGER) after 5 days with my vehicle. Only with 104,000 miles on my Range Rover EVO 2014. I ask ** why they see this when I got the diagnostic done. (Paid 150.00 for diagnostic) I was told to fix the problem that it would only cost me 527.98. At this point, I'm like, "Are you serious sir." Ok I get to the dealership to do the test drive with Mr. Mike ** on July 16, 2019. While I was driving my vehicle didn't sound no different than when I dropped it off.

I ask Mr. Mike why do I've pay for something that I to still take it to somewhere else to get repairs done? He said, “Let me check on this for you. Because you shouldn't have for the service.” Mr. Mike was very courtesy. By this time a hour has pass by, then Mike approach me again stated his district manager said that I will still have to pay for the service, due to the labor. Wow! Why paid for something that the same problem that you stated you would repair, that’s still not fix. REALLY! 2 hours has now pass by, I ask to speak to Mr. Dennis **. I went into his office and ask him why pay for something that’s still not repaired. Mr. Dennis said in front of me and Mr. Mike because of the labor and also they find another leak, once they got to the part on my vehicle. He once said again the guys has to get pay for the labor time. But my vehicle is driving with the same sound from when I dropped it off.

I told Mr. Dennis it sound like you more concerned about the money than the situation and not the relationship as a long time customer. Why pay for something that you didn't repair? At this point I said a few words to him, paid and went on by way. Very horrible situation. Mr. Dennis had not concerns at all. Very Rude in the way he spoken to me. His main focus was money/labor! I've begin coming to this location since 2015. No problem at all with customer service. It was a COMPLETE RIPOFF. I wonder how many people get ripoff daily here. 2 hours 30 mins and he took my money with a unrepaired vehicle. Spoken to several of mechanics. They said to me this doesn't sound right at all. I don't think this is a bad place--just a HORRIBLE GENERAL MANAGER. Mr. Dennis rob me with no mask on!!! Fighting now to get my funds back. I pray you make this right. Upset & disappointed

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Purchased a brand new 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE LUX TD6. While the visual design of the vehicle is great, we had major quality issues pretty much from the start.

Issue #1: Massive vibration when driving at 50 mph. this happened frequently, but randomly. Something was not right with the alignment because you could smell that the tires were getting shredded. Thought maybe it was the Goodyear OEM tires which were chunking off at the shoulders - but after multiple alignments (which they said was not out) and brand new Michelin tires, the problem still happened.

Issue #2: Like so many other people have commented, this thing had major infotainment issues. Screen would sometimes not come on at all. Other times it would freeze. Navigation got so bad that eventually it was stuck thinking we were driving through the middle of the ocean. Had it at the LR dealer at one point for nearly 3 straight weeks. They completely rebuilt the infotainment system and had to do video conferencing with corporate engineers in UK. Problem was fixed for a short while but then they randomly started happening again.

After spending $74k on a brand new car, and this being our second LR we had owned, we traded this back in for a different brand SUV. Hugely disappointed with how LR handled. Call to corporate, they tell you to call the dealer. Talk to the dealer and they tell you to call corporate. Stay away like the plague. Beautiful vehicles, but poor quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: June 21, 2019

Received new Range Rover HSE Diesel on December 26th, 2019. Took it to dealership in February with only 4,000 miles because brakes began to vibrate and "thump." Four months later and after speaking to five different people, I've now been referred to a Regional Manager. I have been consistently told that there are no rotors and brake pads in stock. What? How could this be when they continue to produce new vehicles. The brakes now vibrate so violently that I don't feel safe, but JLR says it's not a problem.

Additionally, while my RR Diesel was extremely quiet when I purchased it, it began to sound like your typical tractor-trailer about the same time the brakes went bad. The dealer told me there was an additive for diesel engines as this was a known problem for vehicles operating in higher altitudes. I live at 7,000', so I accepted this answer. However, they apparently don't have the additive because this issue is still awaiting resolution as well. My wife also drives a RR HSE, but I'd have to say we are done with JLR.

Original review: June 18, 2019

This is our 3rd Range Rover Sport. We have loved our previous 2 and they were great and trouble free. Soooo, we bought a 2019 Range Rover Sport Super Charged 3 months ago.... What a nightmare it has been. I hold my breath every time I start the car to see if the radio will work, I have had the alarm system just go off while in the car (that was fun)... The screens that show everything go off, the alarm on back up system went on and would not go off. The air conditioner has air coming out of it that is barely cold part of the time. I could go on. My car has been in the shop 4 times already and twice the dealership has had it for over a week.

I thought maybe it was just my car, but yesterday the dealership gave me a 2019 Range Rover as a loaner to drive. So this morning I start it up and guess what???? No radio or any control on the middle dash are working. Just black screen.... What is going on Range Rover. If Kia can make a car for $20,000 and they work perfectly why can't Range Rover make a car that we paid over $100,000 work????

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’m not going to spend my life writing this review (I’ve already spent too much time taking my car back and forth to the dealership with no solution). But I wanted to confirm everything that all of the other reviewers have shared regarding the Infotainment issues is 100% true. I hate this car. Spent close to $150K out the door and the infotainment system in my cheap $10K leased Chevy volt is 100% bug-free. What irony. Don’t buy this product until they have absolutely fixed everything that is wrong with this. This severely devalues this car’s worth.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Traded in my 2016 RR Diesel on 2018 HSE. Wish I could get my 2016 back. The 2018 has been problematic from day 1 regarding the electronic display. Has been in 3 times for repairs and each time, they magically have an update that will "fix it all". Still having issues. Now, unless I wait until the "disclaimer screen" shows up on the screen before putting in reverse I get a TEENY TINY camera. The car also takes 30 seconds for it to engage in reverse AND many times the back up camera will not shut off for MILES. The last upgrade got me Apple CarPlay which I hate!!!! UGH, what happened? I was so excited that my 2016 had ZERO issues and now so disappointed in my 2018! What a mess! Land Rover doesn't seem to have a clue how to fix this issue.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Technology is useless. I bought 2018 Range Rover V8 Aug 22 - April 22 the Screen has gone out over 10 times. It's been in the shop over a month. For $120,000 the SUV drives really well but the info screen is a rating of 0. The land Rover corporation in New Jersey is also slack so don't get excited on the rapid response.

Land Rover Company Information