2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Land Rover Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2020 Range Rover Sport HST with red/black interior on 10/13/19. ON 10/25/19 I started experiencing problems. One of the display screens started to blind on and off constantly and the other two screens were scramble. I also was receiving a message saying "intelligent brake system not available". The service department performed a software update and changed a part. The day I pick up my vehicle from the service department the same problems started again maybe 3 hours later. A few days later while waiting in the valet parking line the truck just turned off while I was still in drive. This happen twice. Another visits to the service department for a software update again and I was told my battery was dead; so they charged my battery.

As of 1/6.2020 my vehicle is back in shop again waiting for anther display and a part because now I'm receiving a message say "Forward alert not available". The dealer refused to give me another vehicle and land rover customer service has not return any of my phone calls. I was given a case number and told it can take a few months for land rover to decide if they want to purchase the vehicle back.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Unfortunately, since the time I bought this car (end of September 2018) I had many issues with my new Land Rover Velar 2019. First issues were mostly electrical (screen not working, error messages while being stopped at a red light, back camera not working, etc.). I took the car in two opportunities and they explained these cars usually need software updates. I thought I should not waste my time taking the car to the dealer but did it…. I also had a weird noise with the brakes. They had to change them. Then I had to take the car for the Annual Service. They checked everything and in less than a month, my engine light was on! Took the car AGAIN and they said it was another engine software (not sure why no one update this when I took the car for my annual service?). But after taking the car 2 times, in less than a month my engine light went on AGAIN!! I was so upset and frustrated.

The dealer suggested me that I contact Land Rover Customer Service for a Re-Purchase, as it’s obvious to me I have a defective car… After talking to someone for 38 minutes, she asked me many questions about my car, even if I have already paid for the car which we did, she simply said my case didn’t apply for re-purchase. She didn’t explain why or what was the criteria. Her only “solution” was for me to keep taking my car to the dealer. What type of solution is this? I asked to talk to her supervisor. She said he would call in the next 5 hours which he didn’t. He called passed the 5 hours and left a message saying I should follow this with the customer service representative, like ignoring my request of talking to him….

I’m EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH LAND ROVER CUSTOMER SERVICE. My advice is: if you want a car that works and is reliable, PLEASE don’t buy this car. It’s gorgeous but it’s not reliable and customer service will not help you at all. They will just send you to the dealer and you will waste your time and money taking the car for service many times.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Wonderful reliable luxury safe. These are the words that come to mind when i see this beautifully constructed vehicle, the body lines are sophisticated comes in various colours and turns head, i know everytime i see one i look.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Purchased a 2013 RR Evoque on 4/12/2016. Absolutely loved my vehicle. The fuel pump went out weeks after purchased. Still under warranty, fixed, no problems. Took care of my car. Had it serviced before even needed. Purchased extended warranty (5000.00). I kept calling the in control ownership and could not get it registered. It was locked on topix. At the dealership they told me nobody does that anymore. Which made no sense. Coz it tells you too. Well that's when things got weird. I brought my car in for an insurance estimate on the meridian system on 12/03/2018. They called and told me I needed a new starter and rear axle and differential. I never had a problem with either.

9 weeks later I'm told it's ready for 13,000 dollars. They did not turn it in to warranty. Told me I have to. So he walks me out to a parking lot to my car (weird Coz they have valet at a luxury dealership). I get in the vehicle and it's not mine. This was some salvaged vehicle obviously a flood vehicle. Steve ** walks out to me with a car fax report (how did he know who I was or what I was going to say). I said, "where is my vehicle?" He said, "this is your vehicle." And told me, "what you going to do about it?" The police say it's a civil matter but there's no contract. If that was me I would be in jail for motor vehicle theft. I have been on a year long pursuit to find my vehicle. He has wiped all my service records and the 5000.00 warranty doesn't exist. Motor vehicle has 15 entitle changes with 4 vehicle Ids.

I went to level 123 inspections to find out it's under investigations. Attorney General never even looked at the paper of evidence and took 6 months for a response from the dealer that altered all entitles. No response from corporate. I recently discovered that car was from copart salvage auction. Steve ** was pulled over for taking flood damaged cars. So beware of and Land Rover vehicle. And do not consider car fax. They have changed the vehicles origin, service and mileage 3 times. In the meantime I continue my search for my vehicle so this Corp. can be sold for their business tactics. The vehicle was for sale in California at fast track auto while I was the owner. It's called cloning.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Land Rover knows of an issue with the water pump in several Range Rover, Land Rover vehicles. The water pumps are no good. They’ve had to replace many of them. I’m afraid my car has been compromised due to the lack of concern by Land Rover.

Elizabeth **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The Land Rover Range Rover is one of the most comfortable vehicles out there. It will also go anywhere. I love the design and comfort. I also know it is one of the most safest vehicles out there. I would highly recommend buying this vehicle. Just make sure you have a warranty on the vehicle for expensive fixes.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Just was pleased with the overall look and I would recommend my friends. Help out in a big way and look forward to the next time. Some site were not as great and didnt take the time to go the extra mile.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2013 Range Rover Sport in 2017. In August 2018, after just 65,000 miles, the timing chain failed and it required a full engine replacement. After 6 months of games (including an invoice for $39,000 engine replacement), JLR replaced the engine on a goodwill basis (only after I identified that this failure mode is now subject to a class action lawsuit). I picked up the vehicle at the end of January 2018 and after a few weeks noticed a small oil leak. Given this was a full engine replacement, I took the car back only to find that the head gasket was blown and the cam shaft bolt was not installed correctly. They then handed me a quote for $12,000 for a full engine tear down in which they say they have no obligation to cover costs/repair given this was 'Goodwill'.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I purchased a 2012 LR4 with 45k miles...and at 62,000 miles the timing chain fails and Land Rover quoted me $15k to fix. I filed a claim to Land Rover NA, and of course it was denied in spite of the fact that they know of this widely known problem and several pending class action suits. Offered me $500 to settle. What a joke and scum bag company. Do Not Ever Buy a Land Rover from these pukes.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I purchased my 2017 Discovery new with only 11 miles, and loved the car except that the backup camera works only periodically, the audio works only when when it wants to. I now have 34,000 miles and have extreme shaking upon applying brakes. I’m told I need new back wheel brakes at the tune of $1,000 and if shaking continues, I’ll need new front brakes as well for that same amount. I’m told this is not a manufacturer's defect so not covered under warranty :(. I’ll be selling this lemon and never purchase a Rover again. I’ll also not recommend that any friends or acquaintances purchase a rover. This is my first and last rover.

Land Rover Company Information