2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (709 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Land Rover

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Land Rover Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: July 2, 2020

We leased a Discovery Land Rover for 4 months ago, short before Covid-19. After 4 months with the milage of 2000 is broken down in the down town of San Jose, Ca, a huge city, on Wednesday evening at 8:00 pm. We asked for a roadside assistant and they sent us at 12:30 am, after 4 hours, came somebody and towed the car. On Thursday, the dealer said that, "We are not able to start on fixing your car until next Monday!!" We do not have a car and we can not do anything until Monday. We asked the customer service to help us. They are the worst respectfulness of the customer service, we've ever seen! They told us clear: "We can not help you. We do not pay for any rental car. We do not pay for a second towing to the next available dealership. We do not get you any refund etc."

The other dealer in the city has availability to fix my car as soon as possible, they have also some extra car to provide me during this time. But the customer service has to pay for towing and they won't to help their customer after they sold the car!!!! If you are thing for a car, do not go to for Land rover in the U.S, because you don't get any service, after you bought the car. They are only nice, before to sell you, but they don't accept any reliability after they did. It means, they are thinking only and only on their business to make money without any respect!!!

Original review: April 13, 2020

In all the vehicles I have purchased both personally and professionally I can only report exceptionally delightful experiences with both the dealership and the sales rep - until I purchased a Range Rover from Hennessy Jaguar Land Rover Gwinnett. My previous experience in purchasing vehicles was, in fact, so delightful that when I have purchased my company vehicles at one dealership I have typically used for this purpose that I have sent the dealership staff and sales reps gifts after closing and written glowing reviews and completed surveys indicating satisfaction above and beyond the norm. This is my first negative experience with a dealership and it’s been one I don’t care to remember, but would rather forget.

From the assistant manager Mr. David ** developing convenient memory loss as to his promises made as part of the transaction later, after the purchase, to the questionable ethics and practices of Mr. Ricky ** in the finance department. Having previously heard woeful tales from others about their experiences with car dealerships, I could never relate. It has now become my unfortunate reality.

After experiencing multiple issues with the vehicle purchased at the dealership less than a month into ownership and only having possession of the vehicle for 18 days of that month long period of time due to the time the dealership had it for the initial repairs it became clear this Range Rover is a lemon. It broke down not but a few miles from the dealership on the date of purchase. The battery light came on even though the dealership said the issue was a fuel sensor which was repaired. They told me that the repair addressed the issue and it wouldn't occur again. Did I mention it died in the middle of Interstate 85? Slight safety issue if you ask me, but neither the dealership nor Land Rover seemed terribly concerned. I mean, I could have been hit by a driver doing 80 mph on the interstate, but perhaps the Range Rover makes for a better coffin than mode of transportation.

Then the driver from the dealership that was driving my company car damaged the tires and front bumper on his way back to my home driving the vehicle. Then the check engine light began coming on and going off seemingly randomly. Not yet having a permanent tag for the vehicle while experiencing multiple issues in less than a month clearly points to this being a problem vehicle.

Through all of this unfortunate experience I did my best to be patient and understanding. Yet it became clear that approach doesn’t work with this dealership or manufacturer. The dealership will lie to you, make promises they won't keep, mislead you and then claim they never made any commitment of the sort. Please save yourself, do not consider purchasing a Land Rover vehicle.

I now have possession, only part time since it's in the shop half the time, of a very beautiful and expensive piece of junk that sits in my garage when I do have part time custody because I'm too afraid to be left stranded the next time it dies while I'm driving it. I mean Land Rover does have Roadside Assistance, but that's right, they're only open and available during business hours Monday-Friday so if I am left stranded, I'm on my own. Let's hope I have a signal on my mobile device so I can make contact with someone who cares - apparently that's not Land Rover. DO NOT buy a Land Rover product... That is unless you want to add stress and frustration to your life and a hunk of junk in your garage.

Original review: March 3, 2020

2019 Velar Safety Issues. Be very wary. The quality of the range rovers has dramatically decreased and, in my opinion, pose a safety issue. I have had the following issues that have gone unfixed because range rover does not know how to fix their own vehicle.

- Back hatch closes without prompt and does not stop when it hits something (someone). I have been personally trapped in the hatch several times.
- Infotainment center (all displays) lock up and do not reset when the car is turned off. Resets after 4+ hours. This is a big issue since the entire display unit is tied to this. You cannot change or see speed, air temp, etc.
- Differential issues - locked up differential that the dealership insists is how the car drives!

- Bad fan motor - sounds like an airplane.

I have video proof and range rover insists on not fixing the issue because they "cannot replicate it".

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

After spending time deciding on an upgraded SUV, I was compelled to the Land Rover Discovery Sport. I felt that the brand name would mean quality and high technology. I was very very wrong. The 2019 model still does not even support Apple Car Play - this feature has been available in much lesser quality vehicles for many years. The website leads you to believe that 2017 models onwards were equipped.... this is incorrect. After leaving the dealership, I learned that my vehicle was having a technology issue as the incontrol element would not work and I could not start my vehicle remotely. After 1.5 months, after bouncing me around from person to person - they finally updated tele-metrics. I was told this would update the system and Car Play would be uploaded. They even asked me the brand of my phone for the update. They sent me home with the phone still not connected and said to call customer service.

Which after again being bounced around - 2 weeks later they have told me 3 times that car play update needs to be completed and 4 times that my car is not eligible. I am blown away at the lack of support, lack of knowledge of their own product, lack of follow up and incredibly outdated technology for a $48,000 2019 car. I would suggest avoiding Land Rover as they are clearly a mess. The vehicle itself is incredibly sluggish and very basic in terms of finished and quality. I regret my decision to leave the big 3 in search of quality and new technology as Land Rover is clearly behind the times. Let’s face it - if Land Rover employees don’t even know what the brand offers and websites are misleading, clearly the vehicle quality matches.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Our Range Rover Sport 2015 with 47,000kms under 3 years old goes into limp mode and JLR service says it needs a new engine. Although still under warranty they refuse to replace the engine, firstly they say we put the wrong oil in it...this is tested and proven incorrect. Next they say warranty is refused because you cannot supply the entire service history (we purchased vehicle from an auction). We finally track down the original owner and provide the entire service history which is in the perimeters of warranty terms. Still JLR press on for statutory declarations and proof of genuine parts.

This goes on for 8 months while JLR try their hardest to squirm their way out of honouring the Warranty. After 8 long months without our vehicle and being treated with distain by JLR Customer Support we finally got a new engine which we were always entitled to. In summary nice comfortable car to drive but will Never buy another Range Rover or product from JLR...Pick up your game JLR, build vehicles that last and have a really good look at your customer service practices.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Although the infotainment system is a beautiful look to my RR; the software is terrible. I've had repeated (documented) issues. It has been serviced to correct this problem. Software updates always. I've reached out to Land Rover USA - Current Case # **. I've also sent discrete messages through Facebook and Twitter. I'm trying to handle this issue through Land Rover (LR) with decency. I sent LR videos of the issues with this vehicle as well, but they have not responded. The vehicle is beautiful; whereas it is the most comfortable ride but it is an $115k piece of technological crap. Currently, my key fobs aren't working - yes, after servicing. I am considering delivering this vehicle back to the nearest dealership and walking away from the problems.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2020 Range Rover Sport HST with red/black interior on 10/13/19. ON 10/25/19 I started experiencing problems. One of the display screens started to blind on and off constantly and the other two screens were scramble. I also was receiving a message saying "intelligent brake system not available". The service department performed a software update and changed a part. The day I pick up my vehicle from the service department the same problems started again maybe 3 hours later. A few days later while waiting in the valet parking line the truck just turned off while I was still in drive. This happen twice. Another visits to the service department for a software update again and I was told my battery was dead; so they charged my battery.

As of 1/6.2020 my vehicle is back in shop again waiting for anther display and a part because now I'm receiving a message say "Forward alert not available". The dealer refused to give me another vehicle and land rover customer service has not return any of my phone calls. I was given a case number and told it can take a few months for land rover to decide if they want to purchase the vehicle back.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Unfortunately, since the time I bought this car (end of September 2018) I had many issues with my new Land Rover Velar 2019. First issues were mostly electrical (screen not working, error messages while being stopped at a red light, back camera not working, etc.). I took the car in two opportunities and they explained these cars usually need software updates. I thought I should not waste my time taking the car to the dealer but did it…. I also had a weird noise with the brakes. They had to change them. Then I had to take the car for the Annual Service. They checked everything and in less than a month, my engine light was on! Took the car AGAIN and they said it was another engine software (not sure why no one update this when I took the car for my annual service?). But after taking the car 2 times, in less than a month my engine light went on AGAIN!! I was so upset and frustrated.

The dealer suggested me that I contact Land Rover Customer Service for a Re-Purchase, as it’s obvious to me I have a defective car… After talking to someone for 38 minutes, she asked me many questions about my car, even if I have already paid for the car which we did, she simply said my case didn’t apply for re-purchase. She didn’t explain why or what was the criteria. Her only “solution” was for me to keep taking my car to the dealer. What type of solution is this? I asked to talk to her supervisor. She said he would call in the next 5 hours which he didn’t. He called passed the 5 hours and left a message saying I should follow this with the customer service representative, like ignoring my request of talking to him….

I’m EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH LAND ROVER CUSTOMER SERVICE. My advice is: if you want a car that works and is reliable, PLEASE don’t buy this car. It’s gorgeous but it’s not reliable and customer service will not help you at all. They will just send you to the dealer and you will waste your time and money taking the car for service many times.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We've always had a Range Rover in the family and change them every two or three years. This one is a 3 litre diesel HSE with a few extras like air conditioned seats, a fridge in the console, self close doors and of course a tow bar which on this new model is electrically retractable. As all the others we've had no problems other than caused by a moronic parking scam in Spain damaging the electronic brake trying to drag the vehicle away. Land Rover were brilliant, arranged for it to be taken into dealer and repaired under warranty even though it wasn't their fault and we had a free hire car for the 4 days it was in the dealer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Wonderful reliable luxury safe. These are the words that come to mind when i see this beautifully constructed vehicle, the body lines are sophisticated comes in various colours and turns head, i know everytime i see one i look.

Land Rover Company Information