2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Land Rover Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

After spending time deciding on an upgraded SUV, I was compelled to the Land Rover Discovery Sport. I felt that the brand name would mean quality and high technology. I was very very wrong. The 2019 model still does not even support Apple Car Play - this feature has been available in much lesser quality vehicles for many years. The website leads you to believe that 2017 models onwards were equipped.... this is incorrect. After leaving the dealership, I learned that my vehicle was having a technology issue as the incontrol element would not work and I could not start my vehicle remotely. After 1.5 months, after bouncing me around from person to person - they finally updated tele-metrics. I was told this would update the system and Car Play would be uploaded. They even asked me the brand of my phone for the update. They sent me home with the phone still not connected and said to call customer service.

Which after again being bounced around - 2 weeks later they have told me 3 times that car play update needs to be completed and 4 times that my car is not eligible. I am blown away at the lack of support, lack of knowledge of their own product, lack of follow up and incredibly outdated technology for a $48,000 2019 car. I would suggest avoiding Land Rover as they are clearly a mess. The vehicle itself is incredibly sluggish and very basic in terms of finished and quality. I regret my decision to leave the big 3 in search of quality and new technology as Land Rover is clearly behind the times. Let’s face it - if Land Rover employees don’t even know what the brand offers and websites are misleading, clearly the vehicle quality matches.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Our Range Rover Sport 2015 with 47,000kms under 3 years old goes into limp mode and JLR service says it needs a new engine. Although still under warranty they refuse to replace the engine, firstly they say we put the wrong oil in it...this is tested and proven incorrect. Next they say warranty is refused because you cannot supply the entire service history (we purchased vehicle from an auction). We finally track down the original owner and provide the entire service history which is in the perimeters of warranty terms. Still JLR press on for statutory declarations and proof of genuine parts.

This goes on for 8 months while JLR try their hardest to squirm their way out of honouring the Warranty. After 8 long months without our vehicle and being treated with distain by JLR Customer Support we finally got a new engine which we were always entitled to. In summary nice comfortable car to drive but will Never buy another Range Rover or product from JLR...Pick up your game JLR, build vehicles that last and have a really good look at your customer service practices.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Although the infotainment system is a beautiful look to my RR; the software is terrible. I've had repeated (documented) issues. It has been serviced to correct this problem. Software updates always. I've reached out to Land Rover USA - Current Case # **. I've also sent discrete messages through Facebook and Twitter. I'm trying to handle this issue through Land Rover (LR) with decency. I sent LR videos of the issues with this vehicle as well, but they have not responded. The vehicle is beautiful; whereas it is the most comfortable ride but it is an $115k piece of technological crap. Currently, my key fobs aren't working - yes, after servicing. I am considering delivering this vehicle back to the nearest dealership and walking away from the problems.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I purchased a beautiful 2020 Range Rover Sport HST with red/black interior on 10/13/19. ON 10/25/19 I started experiencing problems. One of the display screens started to blind on and off constantly and the other two screens were scramble. I also was receiving a message saying "intelligent brake system not available". The service department performed a software update and changed a part. The day I pick up my vehicle from the service department the same problems started again maybe 3 hours later. A few days later while waiting in the valet parking line the truck just turned off while I was still in drive. This happen twice. Another visits to the service department for a software update again and I was told my battery was dead; so they charged my battery.

As of 1/6.2020 my vehicle is back in shop again waiting for anther display and a part because now I'm receiving a message say "Forward alert not available". The dealer refused to give me another vehicle and land rover customer service has not return any of my phone calls. I was given a case number and told it can take a few months for land rover to decide if they want to purchase the vehicle back.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Unfortunately, since the time I bought this car (end of September 2018) I had many issues with my new Land Rover Velar 2019. First issues were mostly electrical (screen not working, error messages while being stopped at a red light, back camera not working, etc.). I took the car in two opportunities and they explained these cars usually need software updates. I thought I should not waste my time taking the car to the dealer but did it…. I also had a weird noise with the brakes. They had to change them. Then I had to take the car for the Annual Service. They checked everything and in less than a month, my engine light was on! Took the car AGAIN and they said it was another engine software (not sure why no one update this when I took the car for my annual service?). But after taking the car 2 times, in less than a month my engine light went on AGAIN!! I was so upset and frustrated.

The dealer suggested me that I contact Land Rover Customer Service for a Re-Purchase, as it’s obvious to me I have a defective car… After talking to someone for 38 minutes, she asked me many questions about my car, even if I have already paid for the car which we did, she simply said my case didn’t apply for re-purchase. She didn’t explain why or what was the criteria. Her only “solution” was for me to keep taking my car to the dealer. What type of solution is this? I asked to talk to her supervisor. She said he would call in the next 5 hours which he didn’t. He called passed the 5 hours and left a message saying I should follow this with the customer service representative, like ignoring my request of talking to him….

I’m EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH LAND ROVER CUSTOMER SERVICE. My advice is: if you want a car that works and is reliable, PLEASE don’t buy this car. It’s gorgeous but it’s not reliable and customer service will not help you at all. They will just send you to the dealer and you will waste your time and money taking the car for service many times.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Wonderful reliable luxury safe. These are the words that come to mind when i see this beautifully constructed vehicle, the body lines are sophisticated comes in various colours and turns head, i know everytime i see one i look.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Purchased a 2013 RR Evoque on 4/12/2016. Absolutely loved my vehicle. The fuel pump went out weeks after purchased. Still under warranty, fixed, no problems. Took care of my car. Had it serviced before even needed. Purchased extended warranty (5000.00). I kept calling the in control ownership and could not get it registered. It was locked on topix. At the dealership they told me nobody does that anymore. Which made no sense. Coz it tells you too. Well that's when things got weird. I brought my car in for an insurance estimate on the meridian system on 12/03/2018. They called and told me I needed a new starter and rear axle and differential. I never had a problem with either.

9 weeks later I'm told it's ready for 13,000 dollars. They did not turn it in to warranty. Told me I have to. So he walks me out to a parking lot to my car (weird Coz they have valet at a luxury dealership). I get in the vehicle and it's not mine. This was some salvaged vehicle obviously a flood vehicle. Steve ** walks out to me with a car fax report (how did he know who I was or what I was going to say). I said, "where is my vehicle?" He said, "this is your vehicle." And told me, "what you going to do about it?" The police say it's a civil matter but there's no contract. If that was me I would be in jail for motor vehicle theft. I have been on a year long pursuit to find my vehicle. He has wiped all my service records and the 5000.00 warranty doesn't exist. Motor vehicle has 15 entitle changes with 4 vehicle Ids.

I went to level 123 inspections to find out it's under investigations. Attorney General never even looked at the paper of evidence and took 6 months for a response from the dealer that altered all entitles. No response from corporate. I recently discovered that car was from copart salvage auction. Steve ** was pulled over for taking flood damaged cars. So beware of and Land Rover vehicle. And do not consider car fax. They have changed the vehicles origin, service and mileage 3 times. In the meantime I continue my search for my vehicle so this Corp. can be sold for their business tactics. The vehicle was for sale in California at fast track auto while I was the owner. It's called cloning.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Land Rover knows of an issue with the water pump in several Range Rover, Land Rover vehicles. The water pumps are no good. They’ve had to replace many of them. I’m afraid my car has been compromised due to the lack of concern by Land Rover.

Elizabeth **

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

The Land Rover Range Rover is one of the most comfortable vehicles out there. It will also go anywhere. I love the design and comfort. I also know it is one of the most safest vehicles out there. I would highly recommend buying this vehicle. Just make sure you have a warranty on the vehicle for expensive fixes.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Just was pleased with the overall look and I would recommend my friends. Help out in a big way and look forward to the next time. Some site were not as great and didnt take the time to go the extra mile.

Land Rover Company Information