2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Land Rover Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Land Rover?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Just was pleased with the overall look and I would recommend my friends. Help out in a big way and look forward to the next time. Some site were not as great and didnt take the time to go the extra mile.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I purchased a certified pre-owned 2013 Range Rover Sport in 2017. In August 2018, after just 65,000 miles, the timing chain failed and it required a full engine replacement. After 6 months of games (including an invoice for $39,000 engine replacement), JLR replaced the engine on a goodwill basis (only after I identified that this failure mode is now subject to a class action lawsuit). I picked up the vehicle at the end of January 2018 and after a few weeks noticed a small oil leak. Given this was a full engine replacement, I took the car back only to find that the head gasket was blown and the cam shaft bolt was not installed correctly. They then handed me a quote for $12,000 for a full engine tear down in which they say they have no obligation to cover costs/repair given this was 'Goodwill'.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The vehicle I chose simply because of how it stands out..it's unique beautiful and comfortable. I love how it reflects its owner's. It doesn't matter it you're a tycoon with millions or just a simple clerk but if you have a land Rover it puts you in the spot light. If I had the money I definitely would go Land Rover.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I purchased a 2012 LR4 with 45k miles...and at 62,000 miles the timing chain fails and Land Rover quoted me $15k to fix. I filed a claim to Land Rover NA, and of course it was denied in spite of the fact that they know of this widely known problem and several pending class action suits. Offered me $500 to settle. What a joke and scum bag company. Do Not Ever Buy a Land Rover from these pukes.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I purchased my 2017 Discovery new with only 11 miles, and loved the car except that the backup camera works only periodically, the audio works only when when it wants to. I now have 34,000 miles and have extreme shaking upon applying brakes. I’m told I need new back wheel brakes at the tune of $1,000 and if shaking continues, I’ll need new front brakes as well for that same amount. I’m told this is not a manufacturer's defect so not covered under warranty :(. I’ll be selling this lemon and never purchase a Rover again. I’ll also not recommend that any friends or acquaintances purchase a rover. This is my first and last rover.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Hi. I purchased the Land Rover Discovery Sports at California and within 1000-1200 miles of driving I had a check engine light. I was driving the car on highway with my family and all of a sudden car lost power of the car and after those few seconds the check engine light came ON. I took the car to dealership. They said they checked the car and was unable to find the proper error with the computer, and they did a hard battery reset - I think it means disconnect the main power and restart it. Trust me I was really amazed to see that one of the costliest and computerized car in the world works on battery reset and not on technicalities.

Later, I faced the same problem couple of times more and had requested Land Rover to replace my car but they Denied and said these exact line:- "From consumer affairs division regarding your case. At this time, they are declining to repurchase/replace your vehicle as there have not been an unreasonable number of repair attempts for any one particular issue. Also, there are no documented repair orders detailing hesitation issues." I don't understand. What do you mean by unreasonable repair attempts. Personally I love Land Rover, my brother and family also owns other other model of cars and I am still fighting my case and I want my car to replaced.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Hi. We bought a brand new Land Rover Discovery 2018 last year. Every month has been in the shop for some repair (back seat broken, upper arm left broken, next month upper right arm broken, wire in the control panel not connected after some repair, hood not opening, radio not working and more). Every time it take 3 weeks to have an appointment or more if you need a loaner car. Today I called and the next appointment for my car will be December 12 but I am going in vacations so not before January 12 2021 now. My problem on top of it is I am living in the mountains and the loaner car will not have any snow tires so I am pretty sure I will not make it back home again. I am so tired of the service. I want to sell my car but I cannot do it until my car is fixed.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

On 23 July 2014 I purchased a 2011 Range Rover HSE with 35,043 miles on it for $63,289.00 from Land Rover Seattle. At that time I also purchased a warranty from National Warranty Corp., for $5000. To date I’ve put less than 35k miles on the vehicle. So basically I've spent over $1800 per mile driven. The vehicle has completely stalled out (complete loss of power) on 6 different occasions. On three of those 6 occasions I’ve been put in life-threatening positions. On this last occasion, while entering the freeway at 60 miles per hour the vehicle stalled out. Two times before that I stalled out while crossing a major intersection blocking 8 lanes and the police had to direct traffic and call in 2 other officers to push me out of the way.

My vehicle has been in the shop for approximately 100+ days in the last 5 years. I’ve been very patient, but this last close call has pushed me over the edge. I’ve been so traumatized that I no longer am able to drive the vehicle. I contacted their corporate office and the dealership. The sales manager told me, over the phone they would give me $18,000 toward a trade-in + another $2000. When I got to the dealership today they told me they would give me 10K. for my car. It was my dream to own a Range Rover, but clearly it is only for the very wealthy, as I can't afford to drop 63k on a vehicle that I put 35K miles on and the value is now 10k. Please also note that I had a 45,000 and 65,000 mile service on the vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I purchased my very first Range Rover Sport this year and with less than 5 miles on it. I finally took a road trip and let than halfway to my destination remind you all highway. The car started leaking antifreeze. I'm so disappointed in this car and now I have to contact my car insurance and file a ** claim. WTF!!! Sounds like poor workmanship to me.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Updated on 01/23/2020: Leased brand new 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE TD6 AWD. Family of 6 so we need to have the third row and this vehicle promised to combine comfort, reliability, and luxury. None of those things were true. The vehicle was delivered to us with the interior driver's door panel detached and hanging from wires. Windows would not open and radio/information panel acting weird. Problems were repaired only to have water coming from upper center console leaking into cabin two weeks later. 10 days to repair. Few weeks later car starts to surge and vibrate loudly when we travelled more than 65 miles/hr. Another few weeks of repair. Over the past 26 months of ownership problems have ranged from the annoying to the absurd:

-leaky windshield/sunroof (3 times repaired and still leaking)
-electrical glitches with entertainment console
-hood cable snapped twice - one time the vehicle would not start because I had to add DEF fluid but couldn't open the hood to add it!
-car found dead and unresponsive on driveway needing to be hauled away by dealership on a flatbed because they couldn't even open the doors (never was given a reason as to what caused this other than they've never seen this before)
-defrost fan screaming when turned to max (blower fan changed out twice)
-vehicle groans after 65 miles/hr and the noise is so loud the driver and front passenger need to raise their voices to speak to each other (problem still exists even though we've taken car in 6 times for repair - service says they have no idea)
-windshield wipers messed up
-whistling noise in cabin when on highway - service can't find air leak

-condensation inside cabin every day making everything moist and sticky

Save yourself the hassle and aggravation. Most frustrating, annoying vehicle experience I've ever came across. Dealership was zero help and never proposed any solutions or resolve. I've spoken to the general, manager, service manager, sales team and they all shrug tell me ride out my lease. I personally contacted Land Rover and expressed my distress on this and they spent 2 months "researching" this only to come back with the obvious that the vehicle is a dud.

They agreed to purchase the vehicle from me (now only 11 months to go on the lease and most of the negative equity has been paid for by yours truly) BUT ONLY if I purchase a new vehicle from them. So I guess they figure they can treat their customers like crap and then try to force them to get stuck with another one of their crummy vehicles and do it all with a smile on their face and make it seem like they are doing you the favor. Screw Land Rover. Visit my site for more **.

Original Review: Purchased a brand new 2017 Discovery HSE Diesel and it has been the worst vehicle. I’ve never written a review before but the public needs to be warned about these vehicles. Problems range from the annoying to the absurd.

So far I’ve dealt with leaky windshields (yes, three times), leaky sunroof, water coming into the center console, door panels detaching from their clips and hanging by wires, electrical glitches that get “fixed” by magical updates which require 3 days in service, hood cable snapped twice, car battery dead even though car locked and sitting in driveway with no lights on (had to be hauled on flat bed - service department says they’ve never seen that before and no cause found but took them 3 weeks to get the car back to me), windshield wiper issues, acceleration issues in cold weather, surging when speed hits 60 km/hr, no heat, defrost fan screaming when set to max and I’m sure half a dozen other issues that I’ve forgotten. Save yourself the pain and anguish. This car has spent months in service. It is the worst vehicle made in the last 2 decades.

Land Rover Company Information