La Mesa RV

Compare RV Manufacturers

Research top RV Manufacturers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just spoke with Charlie, LaMesa Sales Manager and he does not seem to understand. WE HAVE STATED THAT WE WISH TO NOT PROCEED WITH THE PRELIMINARY RETAIL ORDER ON THE 2017 TIFFIN ALLEGRO BREEZE 32BR!!! There have been several inconsistencies with regard to the safety of the motorhome.

6/13/17: Salesman Shaun ** showed the vehicle and we took for a test ride. He indicated it tows 10,000 lbs. and had Cummins 380HP engine. When in fact I checked later that it tows 4,500 lbs and was 275 HP engine. We indicated some issues with the motorhome. Specifically, generator was not recording hours running on the dash or on the generator clock after it being on for over 2 hours. My wife noticed a bouncing from the passenger seat during the initial test drive. There was water on the floor from the slide outs which Shaun indicated was normal from the rain, not so. Delivery was promised Friday, June 23, 2017 at 12:30 pm with all issues fixed. 6/20/17: I decided to have an independent inspection as a result of the 6/13/17 issues found during initial preview. Contacted LaMesa that and an inspector and I would be at LaMesa, Pt. Saint Lucie, Fl on 6/21/17 at 11:00 am to inspect the motorhome.

6/21/17: I arrived at LaMesa at 11 am with the inspector. Robert ** in service stated that the motorhome had just finished a frame inspection and ready to go and all issues repaired, and their pre delivery inspection was completed. Stated that on 6/23/17 at 12:30 pm we could take delivery. Also stated that he could not release the LaMesa pre delivery inspection for liability reasons. Independent inspector inspected the motorhome and discovered that between 58 - 70 mph struggled to keep the RV on the road on account of left pulling and vibration. Also, noted that the generator hours were not recording, the plug by the invertor no power, and the rear bedroom plug no power. Why were these not discovered during LaMesa pre delivery inspection? Why did we have to hire at our cost an independent inspector to discover these issues?

6/23/17: I discovered that there was a recall by Tiffin the manufacturer. Brought the recall to the attention of LaMesa (which I never heard back on). The recall speaks to a loss of steering. How can an RV dealer such as LaMesa sell a motorhome with a recall with such a safety issue? Specifically, Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc. Recall 17V-232 involves certain model-year 2017 Allegro Breeze Motorhomes. The ball joints on the independent front suspension modules can loosen and separate, leading to a partial loss of steering. Tiffin will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, clean, and secure the ball joint. A notification schedule has not been set. Contact Tiffin at (256) 356-8661.

6/26/17: Called Timothy **, salesman to cancel the preliminary retail order. He stated someone would call me to finalize today. 6/27/17: I got a call from Charlie, sales manager to discuss the preliminary retail order. He stated that the delivery is scheduled for Friday, 6/30/17. I informed Charlie, that under no circumstances will we be there on Friday 6/30/17. Per my phone call with Tim ** on 6/26/17 we canceled retail order contract #**.

Please let me be clear, we are canceling this order, will not be taking delivery of this subject motorhome, and we feel LaMesa has been grievously remiss in its attempt to sell this unsafe unit. I would appreciate a written and verbal acknowledgement confirming the retail order cancellation. Finally, I called the LaMesa resolution center in California. Got the contract canceled the next day and a refund. But what a couple weeks of total stress. LaMesa are Pro's at FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT. And while at another RV dealership met two couples that experienced the same worst experience.

I bought a 2017 Thor Windsport in October 2016, and had to wait until 5/11/17 to get it in for warranty work. After having my RV for 6 weeks we are still waiting on parts. I am always told they will follow up in a day or 2 and after a week I have to call back in. None of the service advisers are ever available to talk with so you have to leave a message. Even the main manager doesn't return calls. This place is terrible and I won't be doing business with them in the future. Lots of good companies out there so don't waste your time with these jokers.

We purchased our 2016 Heartland Edge 397 from La Mesa May of 2016. Within a month we had a long list of problems. We live in our RV full time. To make a long story as short as possible... we have brought it back 3 times to have this list of problems fixed. All 3 times we were told they did not have enough time to repair/fix. One of the main issues was a cracked grey tank. Twice they ordered the wrong tank, or at least that's what we were told. Problems that existed since day 1 and were not ever fixed passed the 1 year warranty and after 3 times bringing it back... staying in hotels costing us thousands... we are told "these items are no longer under warranty." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? They could not get the work done in a year and now it's on us!??

Also the 5 seater sofa with 3 recliners was broken since day 1 and on the second visit to have it fixed we are told it was installed wrong. Our service person actually got in our RV, sat in a recliner and said "Now, what's wrong with these chairs?" As she was saying this, she pulled the release cord to make the chair recline and the wire cord broke in her hand!!! Then the 3 time we were back there she denied that this happened! I have never in my life been so frustrated, disappointed, angered and simply disgusted with a company in my entire life. The service department is useless and incompetent and liars. I could never ever refer anyone to La Mesa. Do your homework, read reviews, trust in what you are hearing and reading and don't ever buy anything from them.

La Mesa Experience Keystone Cougar 28. 3/21/17 Finally we got to go RVing First time we had a few problems. Bad battery, wall light not working. When I went to connect the septic drain, the black (**) tank was full. The sale included a full tank, got it all over the camp site. This spill was a special appreciation celebration from La Mesa. Keep up the good work!!! 2/27/17 Was called on the 20th that the RV was ready, making arrangements for pick up. 2/20/17 Bob ** called on Monday 13 me that parts were in, still waiting, 50 days or 7 weeks had passed by from purchase still no RV. Long weekend Columbus day staying home. This is a good week to start looking for legal advice. 2/13/17 My RV is still in La Mesa shop a month and a half later after purchase. I am already paying for the lemon that I purchased. I will be hiring a RV surveyor to inspect the condition of unit at pickup.

2/4/17 Went to pickup trailer for the first time felt the air and the charging system working. I hooked up the trailer and the left landing leg could not go up, bent, due to forklift damage in the lot. 2/3/17 The RV is still in the shop La Mesa with no communication. I should of paid attentions to all of the complaints that are posted on the internet. It has been a bad experience personally and financially. 1/26/17 I met up on Monday with Mr. ** and pointed out the issues of the landing gear. Also I mentioned about the air conditioning and the charging system. A lady from the service department called me and they checked out the problems with the electrical and told me that the air conditioning. It was OK but the problem was with the charging system.

I told her that I have only had the trailer in my position for two days. She told me that the charging system had to be run through my protection plan that I purchased when I bought the RV and I told her if the trailer came like that why should I have to run it through my insurance, she tell me was a used trailer. I didn't understand the concept but I said whatever. Took it back 1/23/17 I haven't had the RV for two days yet and all have seen is problems. I don't know if you guys check the units before you sell them. All I just inherited somebody else's problems. I called Bob ** on 1/23/17 in the morning. Left a message on his answering machine. And no answer.

1/21/17 I pickup the RV. So that night went to use for the first time the RV the lights came on but the 12 volt system was still low, so I looked at the breakers and the charges system was off. That is how we received it from the dealer. When I turned it on the the complete electrical tripped off. At the dealer at the time of the purchase we never checked the charging and air system. I tried to run the air conditioner and it did not work. We never saw it working at the dealer also. 12/31/16 I took it back to the dealer and they fixed the both problems. 12/30/16 We just bought 12/30/17 a 2014 Keystone Cougar when we picked it up from La Mesa, Port St. Lucie. I had a little question about a light that was on in the front of the RV so a technician came and started cutting wires and putting electrical house tape. I took it home and the landing gear did not work properly.

"That's what they charge, ma'am. Can't help you anyways, they're paving the parking lot. Don't know where else you can take it." THAT is the level of customer service for the $101,000.00 dollar RV we purchased. I can understand being proud of your work, but $50 to check the tire pressure??? REALLY!? It's not changing out the engine! It's checking the tire pressure! I didn't give you any negative stars because you were clever enough not to offer that option!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?

I bought a 2015 Thor Motor Coach from La Mesa. While signing the paperwork for financing, they talked me into buying a very expensive warranty from an outfit named Guardian. I bought and was told that it covered anything that breaks, including cosmetic items. Of course, mechanical also. Well, I made an appointment with them to fix all the things that had broken, and I would pay 50.00 deductible. The things they fixed were a latch on the drawer, the mechanical step, and the cruise control button. The things they told me Guardian refused to fix were, the handle on the microwave, the driver's seat, and the driver's side window.

First they told me it was easier to warrant the whole microwave, and later changed their minds. Second, they told me they didn't warrant foam falling over the base of the seat. Third, the window rattled, wouldn't warrant, and later charged me for fixing it. When I took the RV in I told the service guy that I didn't want them to fix anything that the warranty wouldn't pay for. Still got charged for the window. He told me that the microwave handle wasn't covered because it wasn't mechanical. So I asked them why they covered the door latch and the plastic cover for the cruise control. Well, we argued back and forth about these items for two days and were very condescending. Well, besides them not fixing things that should be warrantied, they charged me 180.00 after being told not to fix anything that wasn't covered. I will never darken their door again.

Really??? Are you for real Karl? Our experience at La Mesa was probably the worst possible given that you and everyone else in your organization with few exceptions promised the moon and delivered very little. It starts the minute you sign and the first words out of your lips are "there's no cooling off period in Arizona. So once you sign you can't change your mind." Nice way to begin a relationship don't you think? Then you are sent to a finance idiot (Dale) who tries to sell you a $32,000 dollar extended warranty plus a $13,000 paint protection. Then when you laugh at him out of shock he has a hissy fit and leaves the trailer slamming the door. Then the coach is picked up and there's lights missing and all LED bulbs removed, touch up paint removed, ladder removed etc. The service departments reply "it's a pre-owned coach you know."

We were told a PDI was done on the coach but as I opened the door to the aqua hot the filter reads Sept 2016. I assure that I've never been provided any proof a proper PDI was done. They claim it's out of their control because it was done in Yuma. Now I'm left at my expense to do a complete oil and filters change. Then on delivery the driver's side head light doesn't work. We make a special trip back and what do you know they repair it... Well at least we thought so until the next morning we pull out of a camp site and the light still isn't working. Then we see they changed out the under cabinet spotlight and what do you know again it's the wrong one with no LED bulb.

We call... Bill ** he says, "That's the light Tiffin provides. They don't keep the same lights in stock and change all the time. We are done with this and we are not doing any more for you." By the way after speaking to Mr Bob Tiffin I can assure you he does not agree. Oh but wait there's more... We see they've scratched the door so we call the service manager because Bill ** can't admit to La Mesa being at fault, all this after I've told him, "It is YOUR COMPANY that did the scratch because I had just had the coach power polished."

Take this any way you like but when you sell a large purchase and if you want return customers you better get your integrity intact. In our minds you have zero as a company. I have shared this with Mr Tiffin and I hope for your sake and everyone's sake that actions are taken to provide the customer with a sales experience worthy of the price we pay to buy these units. Canadian customers pay 30% more in exchange. You are encouraged to trade in your unit as you tell us we only pay tax on the difference. FYI... Not true. We pay at the border tax on the total cost of the coach including the trade in. Just so you know that's $8000.00 more than we were told. Thanks for the quality information.

You sell smoke and mirrors and lies. Do you really believe now I'm going to refer you to someone we value as friends? I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. Since our experience we have read reviews and you would be well advised as a company to read some and take action. The feeling we got was get the customer out the door ASAP out of sight out of your responsibility. We feel we were taken advantage of and that compensation is in order. Please take this under serious consideration.

My wife and I went to La Mesa RV, we signed a purchase agreement on a new class A motor home, and well that is when the deal went sour. We tried to cancel the deal twice afterwards but in the state of Florida there is no buyer remorse clause and were told that we couldn't cancel. We also consulted with a lawyer but were told we were locked into the agreement. We had extras added to the motor home for the cost of $2300. Which was included into the purchase agreement price.

When the motor home was supposed to be ready on a Thursday, here it is the following Tuesday and it was still not ready. We told them that I had to pay extra money at the campground and they said that was our problem and not theirs. One of the loan advisers asked us if we wanted to get out of the whole situation and we said yes, however he also told us that the only way out was to pay for the extras they put into the RV. We did unwillingly because we lived 1500 mile away and had to get home. Little to be known to us that the bank had not approved our request for a loan to purchase said motorhome. I feel they stole $2300. From us, they are dishonest and lying thieves. Buyer beware. Do not do business with La Mesa RV. Highly recommend not to.

Do not buy from them, do not buy Heartland products. Started with a bait and switch pricing problem at time of sale on a new toy hauler. That should've been my first clue to run, but I didn't, don't make my mistake! I've owned this for 6 months, it's been in the shop for 3, including a trip to the factory, but it's still not all fixed. Some of the things that were fixed, broke again. Some things they said they fixed, they did not and on my last trip, more things broke. We have 6 trips on this brand new unit, and not one single trip did everything work as it was supposed to. LISTEN TO MY WORDS... DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! Look at all the negative reviews out there and hear them!!! I've put more miles on it just taking it in for service than I've actually used it.

Buyers beware! La Mesa RV will sell you a travel trailer and an extended warranty but won't cover the repairs. They are great during the sales process but do not believe in service after the sale. We were first time buyers and agreed with the extended warranty because this was a big purchase for us and we had a level of comfort in knowing that repairs would be covered after the 1st year. WRONG! We have a 4 year old travel trailer that we have used a handful of times that has water damage in the ceiling, slide and floor. Thanks for the great service.

Purchased a new 2016 35' Winn Vista. Sale went fine - everything after that has been downhill. Service Techs are slobs, damaged my coach by punching a hole in the inside of a storage compartment door and refused to take responsibility - they ended up "patching it" and it looks like crap. They trashed the carpet inside by walking in it with dirty boots then said they would clean it but did a horrible job. The carpet is still stained. They lie about services completed (signature indicating complete yet not touched). Services always took several days to weeks and then items were left undone every time.

Completed services were often unsatisfactory. For example - it took 4 service trips to fix a squeaking door. I requested a complete inspection for water damage after the ice maker malfunctioned and flooded the front area - I was told that they can only fix issues under warranty that I point out to them and that they cannot "up sell the warranty" by pointing out issues/problems. I could go on and on. I finally took the RV as is and then took it to 3Ts RV Products in Lake Havasu City, AZ (190 miles farther) and they performed the inspection and identified several electrical issues and damage to the base of a cabinet. I highly recommend 3Ts but would not send my worst enemy to La Mesa. Avoid La Mesa at all cost.

Not happy with delivery. After purchase of new Winnebago RV from La Mesa hides it at another location so buyer can not reinspect it. Several items were pointed out to the sales people. Defective latches a panel loose. We got a call from the service guy (Chris) from the secret location and told him about the defects and was told they would take care of them. Upon delivery about 2 weeks later none of these items were taken care of and I would have to return and makes an appointment only to find that service was weeks behind and RV would have to be left there for and undisclosed length of time. With that knowledge La Mesa would be the last place I will go for service. Had I read the many bad reviews I would have shopped elsewhere.

Went to La Mesa RV today {Daytona store} to get prices on new toy hauler, found one we liked and started talking to a salesman...told him we were really just looking for some numbers to get an idea of pricing and payments. We are very serious about a new RV so filled out some paperwork and gave our driver license, before we knew it the finance guy was telling us because we signed a piece of paper that had an agreed down payment and payment he said we needed to give him a deposit and we had to buy this RV. We know better so got up and walked out but I'm sure there are a lot of people who think because they signed something they must buy from them. This tactic must work because they sell a lot of RVs but from the reviews I have been reading their service is horrible after they sell you a RV. Very high pressure and would not recommend them to anyone I know.

My wife and I purchased a used 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 30A on December 10, 2016 from La Mesa RV in San Diego. We drove the RV home to Camarillo, CA the next day and parked it in our RV storage lot. On January 13, when we began preparing for our first outing in the motor home, we learned that rats had lived under the bathroom sink and shower and left a lot of droppings and detritus. This was discovered when we found that the water pump would not stop running and was not building up any water pressure.

Since I could not figure out what was wrong after following the troubleshooting guide in the Operating Manual, I took the RV to a local shop that works on the chassis and coach. Turns out the Fill Tank/Normal valve had been installed backward so that when the lever was pointed to Normal it was actually pointing to Fill Tank. For the water pump to work it has to be set to Normal. So the repair shop reversed the valve.

The shop also found that one of the clearance lights was not working due to a loose wire which they repaired. And they noticed that the check engine light was coming on. I had noticed the check engine light when I got gas driving it home from La Mesa RV and thought it came on because I had not adequately tightened the gas cap. It also came on when I took it in to have it smogged as La Mesa RV was not aware that California would require a smog check because the vehicle had been registered in New Mexico. I thought the light came on then because the smog test involved placing a sensor in the fuel tank filler. Both times, when I turned the engine off and restarted it, the light was off.

The repair shop found the problem to result from a faulty wire to the knock sensor which they diagnosed by wiggling the wire which caused the check engine light to come on. When the engine was turned off and restarted the light was off. Because the knock sensor is under the manifold it had to be removed. The shop found that the wiring had previously been repaired. The shop also found a lot of rat dropping on top of the engine. In the Class A, F53 chassis, there is a cowling inside the cab area that covers the engine and has to be removed. The diagnosis and replacement of the knock sensor wiring came to $950, and the total on the invoice was $1098. Which left us with the problem of the droppings.

We continued to look for droppings and found them under all the cabinets in both the bedroom and kitchen areas. La Mesa RV suggested that we bring the RV back to La Mesa RV to clean up the droppings and detritus. We declined that offer as it's about a 7 hour round trip to La Mesa RV and we knew we would have to leave it there for at least a couple of days. I looked for someone local that would clean up the mess, but could not find a professional company that did that type of work. We had spent about 3 hours so far to see how big the problem was and figured it would take another 7 hours for us to clean it up and put things back together.

I wrote this all up and sent it with the shop's repair invoice and photos of the droppings and detritus to La Mesa RV in San Diego. Several hours later I received a call from the La Mesa RV's Sales Manager in San Diego. He said that La Mesa RV would take care of our expenses for the repairs and that he was referring it to Customer Relations with that recommendation. A week later I had not heard from Customer Relations so I called them. I spoke with Javier **. He could find no record of this issue. He said the Sales Manager in San Diego that I spoke with had been transferred to their Quartzite location in Arizona. So he asked that I send him the write-up and other documentation that I had originally sent to La Mesa RV. I did so, and within one hour Javier had agreed to reimburse us for the repair invoice and an addition $400 for the rat droppings.

While we wish that La Mesa had done a more thorough inspection of this motor home and had found the problems and the rat droppings, overall we are satisfied with the outcome. Since La Mesa only offers a 15 day warranty on used RV's we thought we might get stuck with the bill. But La Mesa RV recognized that all the problems existed at the time we purchased the unit, and took care of it.

We had storm damage from Hurricane Matthew. Called and took the unit in on October 31, 2016 for repair to roof and some cabinetry. From the onset the staff was extremely rude and unhelpful. They acted like I was complaining about something instead of trying to bring them business. This was every single person I talked to from the first phone call until the last phone call. On the first call, the only thing the person wanted to talk about was did I know we had a deductible and that it was no longer under warranty... despite me telling them I knew full well that we had a deductible and I never asked about a warranty. She then proceeded to tell me I would not be able to get it in for a month. This was fine since we had plans to use it. I then talked with a service rep to set a time. He went through the entire thing again about the deductible, etc.

We had a lengthy conversation why I could not bring it in October 27th (so he should have remembered me). On October 31 I called ahead to let them know my husband was bringing the unit to them... and no one had any idea what I was talking about. I spent time explaining about how we had plans and the service advisor told me to bring it in on the 31st. "What time?" they asked... "I don't know a time," I respond... We always give appointment times. They say... "Well not this time." He just told me to bring it in on the 31st. Despite all of this conversation prior to my husband arriving, when he got there NOBODY had a clue what he was talking about. Because this was a water leak, my husband gave specific instructions about them opening the walls in the bathroom and replacing the bathroom cabinet and counter top. 11 weeks later it was finally ready. Took time to get the counters I was told.

By that time I was dealing with our advisor David ** who was the only person there who ever talked to me with respect and was helpful. Because our truck was in the shop we had to wait a week and a half to go get it. No problem he said - "We will put it across the street on the storage lot. Please just call me the day before." I called the day before. The woman on the phone was nasty and acted like I was an idiot for calling them. The next day we went to pick it up. It was obvious NOTHING was done with the walls at all so we probably have mold in our walls. The top to the battery box was missing. The unit was filthy. They had broken a damp rid in the bathroom all over the shower, wall, and floor and left it. David did get a towel and tried to wipe it up.

Every single person I dealt with at Orlando/Sanford La Mesa RV was nasty, belittling and unhelpful other than David **. I would let my unit rot into the ground before I took it back there again. They acted like I was complaining or trying to get something (i.e. the continuous references to not under warranty) instead of being thankful that we were bringing them work that we were going to pay for. I would give them a 10 thumbs down.

I purchased a used Phaeton 42LH. The precheck we went through did not pick up problems we found after using the coach. The master switching swt. did not supply voltage from shore power, the gen supplied everything correctly. The dryer has a very loud noise. The kitchen soap dispenser has no container. The Tankless water heater only comes on once in awhile. Several items agreed to before purchase were not taken care of: Step treads were not installed. Lounge chairs were not supplied. The onboard vacuum had no hose or attachments. The 2 warranty contracts I bought do not cover a tire change on the road. (Vehicle must be towed). I was told that I was covered for this. Finding a service company to do service (mobile) is painful. Getting warranty reimbursement is a nightmare (and expensive).

We've experienced the worst buying experience ever after purchasing a new to us 2015 Road warrior 425 from La Mesa RV in Sanford, FL. We purchased on August 31 but didn't take delivery from them until October 15th due to repairs to roof and other few items that weren't even finished, outside speakers, loose toilet, brake light etc... We owned it for a month and a half and took it on first voyage of 130 miles and had 3 of the 6 tires violently explode on highway at 60 mph only 1 hr into our trip. La Mesa's Corporate customer service guru Javier ** told me "to make a claim against my insurance" but it won't cover damages to each side of RV because the RV has tires with 3 different dates going as far back as early 2013!!

Now La Mesa's same corporate "customer service representative" Javier ** wants to offer me 6 new tires in exchange for me signing a waiver to not find "La Mesa liable for damages". So now after my RV has damage is when they want to put 6 tires on it and offer to pay for not even half of repair estimate? My hard earned money was spent at their dealer after I was told they would check all issues and make sure it was safe for me and my family. Clearly someone didn't and now I'm stuck with a damaged RV and a repair bill at no fault of our own!!! Our RV should be repaired and remaining 4 old tires replaced at no cost to us period. Had the tires been replaced with new ones in first place we wouldn't be here and our RV wouldn't be damaged sitting at their Ft myers location.

Purchased an RV from the Phoenix location. There were a few snafu's upon pick up and delivery but for the most part the staff was efficient. I did have some problems in San Diego and they went out of their way to see me on a Saturday with short notice for some procedural advice. Many thanks to the service department who said "com'on in" and their advice and expertise. The Phoenix location did not give me some of the keys for my RV. I called Phoenix and was told to go and buy the keys or drive to any RV dealer and buy the keys as they were generic. That was not the point.

I recommend to anyone that they call Consumer Relations for help. I spoke with Javier ** and he is amazing. He had the proper keys sent to me immediately. I also had problem titling the vehicle, again Mr. ** put me in touch with the right person to assist me. Denise ** was amazing and worked tirelessly to get me the proper title to register the vehicle. I have not used service yet, but I hope that they keep up the good work. I feel that this is a company that is trying to do a better job for their customers and clients. Seems like there is an ingrained attitude among staff that has been there for awhile, but that with people like Mr. ** and Ms ** there is a "can do attitude" and attention to customer's needs and concerns. Keep it up... I am rooting for you.

We purchased NEW Raptor Toy Hauler in May 2016. It's been in La Mesa repair and service center longer than we have had it in our possession. Poor quality workmanship and customer service. We needed to drop off our fifth wheel 1 1/2 days earlier than our scheduled appointment as my husband got called out of town. Service writer said no and scheduled another appt almost 3 weeks from now. My husband called and said this wasn't acceptable. This is being brought back in for a REDO, as their repair fell apart and left our slide roof damaged and exposed to elements.

It's already been over 2 weeks so far. La Mesa PR person out of CA has banned us from FT Myers facility. He didn't even want an explanation. He wanted an apology from my husband for yelling at Ft Myers managers. Yes, he was angry! How would you feel if you bought a NEW fifth wheel and service was horrible. Did more damage than good. So much more to say. Don't trust La Mesa in Ft Myers FL or their PR. They promise you the world when you make purchase and then ban you from their property so they don't have to fix their... See photos of our roof repair on slide out for the second time and months of working on it!

La Mesa RV sells a bulk of their RV's to unsuspecting customers at RV shows that they hold every couple of weeks. A smart buyer would check a company's reputation before going to an RV dealership, but we and most others stumble upon a RV show and decide to walk through it. We put a one time offer on a Winnebago Vista and was accepted. They sell a lot of RV's at these shows. I didn't have a problem with the sales portion. Buyer beware of the service department though. We were told they would call us when the MH was ready to pick up, about two weeks.

We were surprised that they added a $795 dealer service fee. I wondered what that covers. Maybe an employee for the walk thru inspection which amounted to showing us all the bells and whistles that came with the MH. I already knew that. I thought a walk thru inspection was to show us that everything was in working order. That didn't happen. So maybe the $795 covers their new employees to wash the MH. I should've asked, if I wash it myself, could I save the $795. Any repairs should be covered under a warranty, and there was plenty of them that to me should have been fixed. It is obvious that they don't fix anything unless requested by the buyer. Luckily we were given a free week at a nearby RV Park which was a lifesaver as home was nearly four hrs. away.

Here is some of the problems that should have been taken care of either by the dealer or quality control at the factory: Dinette slide out made an awful racket. Corner molding was loose and bowed out. Bathroom door could only be partially opened as top of door dragged on the optional deluxe ceiling. Bathroom power vent could only be opened two inches. Water pump didn't work.

When my wife tried to step out of the MH the first time after leaving dealer, steps did not extend and she caught herself before falling to the ground. Dealer tried 3 band-aid type fixes over the next several days before ordering a part to really fix it. Auto levelers we not working. LR would never extend. I noticed that the passenger side slide out was out about two inches after arriving at destination. I thought maybe I just stopped before it was completely in. The above problems, except passenger slide out was corrected over four of the days we stayed at the RV park while waiting for La Mesa RV to install the towing and braking system on the car and MH.

While going home, the engine light came on. After three times of this while driving, we threaten Ford that we would declare the Lemon Law if it wasn't fixed the fourth time. Seems to be fixed now. After arriving at home, we noticed the passenger slide out was starting to come out. We went to Hon Dah RV park to try MH and found out the Furnace didn't work. I tried it in Mesa for a minute and it worked there. the second night was supposed to get down to 27 degrees and my wife she wasn't going to stay especially with dog with us. Left early that morning, but RV park refused to refund my second day.

I called to make an appointment with La Mesa RV to have slide out fixed and furnace repaired. I was told they were booked up and made an appointment for two weeks later to just check MH in and they would get to it when they can. When I brought it down, Jose (my service adviser) turned the furnace on and it worked. I told him it doesn't work when it is cold outside or something to do with the elevation. He said he couldn't fix something that wasn't broken.

After another couple of weeks, we picked up the MH and made an emergency trip to MN due to death in family. First night in a town in Northern NM, I tried the furnace and it didn't work. It was about the same elevation as Snowflake where I live. Next night in Nebraska, the furnace didn't work. I didn't try the furnace again for a week and a half, but then I thought that MN is about the same elevation as Mesa and it worked for about a week and quit. I called Winnebago factory in Iowa that I wanted to stop on my way back to AZ to get the furnace fixed. This is May and I was told the earliest they could get me in was August. I brought my MH to Affinity RV in Prescott, AZ which is about the same elevation as Snowflake and they fixed the furnace. They treated me fine with respect.

Now I get a recall from Winnebago for a nut that wasn't properly torqued down and if it comes loose, could cause a fire and to call your dealer immediately. I called La Mesa RV and told them I was going to be in Phoenix next week and I would like to have them torque this nut down, but Jose said they were booked up for a month, and wouldn't be able to check it in until then. I complained that I live 3.5 hrs away from Mesa and I would also like to have the brake system checked out that they installed because the brakes were not working on the tow vehicle. Now he refused to do it next week.

It seems like they could care less about a customer's safety, but it makes sense now, they only want the sales and want you to bring your RV problems elsewhere. They know that anyone that buys an RV from them once will never buy another one from them. If you are contemplating on buying an RV from La Mesa RV, don't say you haven't been warned. See the many one star reviews.

La Mesa -- poor turnaround, poor quality control, poor timely communications. I am 70 years of age and have dealt with many companies large and small, and by far La Mesa, in Sanford, Florida, has been worst of all my dealings. Car dealers do better. History: We purchased a new 2017 Thor Synergy, Model SD24 on 14 June 2016 and took delivery on 24 June 2016 after they did a quality control. Our plan was to leave Port Orange, Florida for a week going to Eastern Shore, Maryland for our son's wedding. Early morning of 27 June 2016 as final preparation were underway a phone call was received that my wife's father passed away in Michigan. After the wedding on 1 July 2016 we started our trip to Michigan on 2 July 2016, staying in three campgrounds and arriving in Ann Arbor on 6 July. Ultimately we returned home on 27 July.

On August 9 the RV was taken into La Mesa, Sanford, Florida for warranty work, and yes we made an appointment. Today's date is 12 October 2016. The final part should have arrived yesterday, the bunk bed cushions. Delivered with a rip on the underside. This would have never been found had I not put a piece of paper under the cushion near the radio which has instructions on how to set the date and time on the coach radio. (Oh Instructions for the Thor unit itself poor as well.) I called 2 1/2 hours ago (at 10:00 a.m.) and still waiting for a return call. Return call during this warranty process have always taken many hours. Usually the returns call come in around 5:30 p.m.

Following is the short having only the most important items. There are at least 10 others. Air conditioner not fully functioning. At first no problem found after testing. Approximately 5 weeks later we were called and problem was found -- a new control module was needed. The part arrived 5 days later and while technician was finishing install the thermostat was accidentally hit and broken. Part arrived approximately 5 days later.

The large sky light was leaking... fixed. With all the rain from Hurricane Matthew will be a good test. Rain was encountered during second evening in North Carolina. Next storms in Michigan off and on for several days in the afternoon. When in Michigan because of rain the RV was taken to an RV dealer 30-40 miles away to have the inspected and sealed. This was better but the skylight still leaked, but less. Problem was at the hinge. A gasket must have been missing. I am not sure.

A storage compartment door was not sealed properly causing rainwater to enter. Both windows leaked in overhead bunk area. This tech sealed. Won't know until we are in a rainstorm while on the road. Flooring buckled in 2 locations at top of entry steps. The locations got glued. Base of toilet leaked (fresh water). Toilet removed and flange tightened. The problems should have been found at the Thor Motor Coach factory during their quality control. I realize humans are involved and they make mistake. (I do not how if robots are used during the manufacturing process.) With all the Thor RVs sold I certainly hope they don't have as many problems as we have had.

In closing want to state our FIRST RV was bought in June 2015. The unit was a 2012 Winnebago ERA. This was traded in on the new 2017 Thor. We have driven close to 25,000 miles to date. Our camping experiences have been wonderful. Needless to say since the warranty work has taken 60 days so far, we have done no RVing. But two months of warranty have been eaten up with RV sitting on a lot 95% of the time. I firmly believe this is actually planned. My first RV sat as well for 5 weeks. This is shameful for La Mesa and Thor Motor Coach to treat costumers poorly.

Purchased a trailer and had problems from the time I took possession. Sales people were obnoxious and I would NEVER EVER RECOMMEND anyone to this business! Had a bent rim which was unknown and went on two trips. Both were only 150-200 mile trips and the trailer was all over the road and actually dangerous to say the least. At first I was told I needed a leveler/anti-sway bars. Spent $800.00 plus and it was just as bad. Next trip was even worse and couldn't go over 45 MPH and the trailer was all over the road.

Finally after a few calls to the service dept that were absolutely useless people at La Mesa, they had NO INTEREST IN HELPING out. The tire blew, and it was then they we realized that La Mesa had bent the rim which wasn't noticeable by eye until just before the tire actually had a blow out. I know for fact that La Mesa had to have damaged this RV because there was absolutely no way it was driven from Indiana in this condition.

Anyway, OBNOXIOUS, ARROGANT BASTARDS is all I can say. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THEM, THEIR SERVICE DEPT or SALES!! I've been involved an an owner of many RV's from pop-ups to several new 40' Diesel Pushers and never experienced anything like La Mesa. Why I just didn't walk out in the beginning is beyond me. Do yourself the biggest favor... Shop anywhere else but La Mesa RV!

My husband and I looked at a particular model of RV on Tuesday and when we returned to the lot with our children today, we were accosted by some very angry salesman. As we pulled the car over by the trailer to look at the trailer, the salesman drove up in the golf cart screaming that we didn't stop and check in with the office. There was no signage posted requiring visitors to check in. We had just been there on Tuesday, and were told to come back and look anytime. We had entered and driven to the back of the lot and looked freely at the RV's. With my husband and two children in the car this man very angrily swore at me while yelling.

Then as we proceeded to leave the lot this salesperson actually chased us out of the LA Mesa parking area in his golf cart. I have never been so attacked, abused or treated in such an unprofessional manner. My children have never experienced any episodes like this. There is NO way I could ever do business with a company that allows their employees to treat their customers in this fashion. I can't imagine the professionalism of the rest of the sales team, if this very angry, abusive, unprofessional, disrespectful man is this company's first best impression. If you are seriously considering doing business with them I would research it first, the BBB website has interesting information. There are 43 product and service complaints as well as 2 negative reviews soon to be 3.

Well I got a e-mail from Diane ** stating she had one 2016 new Heartland 5th Wheel at a reduced year end close out price of 19,998 with a MSRP price of 35,581. So I told her I would buy it at that price. Then she tells me "oh someone else is working a deal on it". Then she has 2 other people from different location call me to sell me the same camper for 24,900. I do not believe there ever was one at this price. She does shady business deals. I wouldn't buy a bag of pop corn from her or La Mesa RV. That's what games they play with good honest hard working folks.

Worst buying experience I've ever had. Went through internet sales, agreed on a price and came in to finish the deal. They tried to pull the wool over my eyes on so many accounts, changed the purchase price, changed the financing terms. I should have walked out, but they promised the world and I took the bait. From the sales process, financing, and attempting to have the RV repaired under La Mesa RV's 15 day guarantee, horrible. I should have looked at Consumer Affairs first, the negative reports about La Mesa RV are so many, and the stories from all the other reviewers sound like a broken record, they must be true.

I purchased an extended warranty on top of the guarantee from La Mesa, I hope the extended warranty covers what La Mesa Sales and service flat out lied about. Leaking black tank, leaking sink, and external LED lights that don't work. All found before I purchased our RV, and sales and service agreed to fix the issues before the sale. I drove my new to me RV home for one weekend to figure out anything else that was wrong. Brought it back the following week as scheduled, and they didn't fix a single thing. Turns out they tried to use the extended warranty I bought to cover the items that were found wrong before I made the purchase, so the warranty company denied the claim. Now La Mesa went back on their word and nothing is getting fixed. I'm out of pocket another $1500 to cover the repairs myself.

Short of writing a book, I couldn't begin to describe or list the problems we've had with a brand new shiny Roadtrek. These people appear to have no conscience or soul. They take your cash, your trade and when you're out the door -- you're out the door (I can imagine them standing there watching you drive off, then high fiving each other and calling us suckers). Well someway somehow these people are going to be held accountable -- I think a class action lawsuit might be called for against La Mesa and the hair brain ill conceived "nothing works as touted" RV manufacturer...

Well in a nutshell a close friend of mine was hit by a car and killed on Benson hi-way and Paloverde three days ago us being homeless. Really I don't think there's anyone to help with burial or costs so me I hit the street panhandling begging whatever it takes. A benefit that's it so I do the math. I think if I could get a rv donated to this benefit to raffle off maybe someone who is now below standard may actually rise beyond this hell. We live starving dying for no good reason till I tried it, went to La Mesa asking for info on how to get it done - a donation. They laughed in my face as if it doesn't matter. Add that as I was walking out the staff was also pointing and ridiculing me so I ask I know that homeless have a profile by people I'm one of them - now bet they don't know that.

I was in Afghanistan fighting that war 5 years before this country even knew it was coming. My friend had kids xs friends family. I would think million dollar inventory - La Mesa could have considered maybe a decent used rv or trade in. They wouldn't see profit on anyplace. Anyway I ask you paying public boycott La Mesa - they are unwilling to back the community where they are even and right across the street is Pedata rv - a much more home orientated spot. If anyone can help with this situation please get at me. I have to make this right. Thank you.

Long story short. We should have listened to all of the consumers who had a horrible experience. We purchased a brand new Winnebago RV on 4/8/2016. On the first weekend trip the AC in the cab area did not work. We had it in for service for 8 days and then retrieved it for a weekend pre-planned trip (not fixed) brought it back in 5/2 and it is still not fixed. They have it at Ford for repair and all we get is a runaround from the service people at La Mesa. We have contacted Winnebago as well. You cannot get to anyone above the service person. The higher up managers do not want to talk to the customer let alone help. Do not buy from them!!! This is the biggest and most costly mistake we have ever made. I understand now why there are so many horrible reviews.

Bought a new Thor Windsport and went to get the unit when they called and said it was ready. Now it has been in the shop 3 times for items that should have been corrected in the pre-inspection (obviously they don't do this there). One of the major items was the steering which was so loose that you would have felt like you were in a Nascar (fixed by Ford dealer who stated this was one dangerous situation). Now you are going to ask how they should know about this... THEY DROVE THIS VEHICLE TO THE RV SHOW AND THEN BACK. Other items were LP switch not working in the unit, and what they never checked was the fresh water pump was still in the winterization mode.

Finally tired of all the BS and no return phone calls and lack of professionalism and went to camping world, PROBLEMS SOLVED. Hope this helps out to all future owners. La Mesa might have some better prices but the odds are you are going to have problems with this company when it comes to customer satisfaction and any maintenance issues.

To put this in perspective, I have had recalls on automobiles that are usually resolved in a day or two. But we are now dealing with La Mesa RV-Phoenix. On March 1 I received a letter from Truma. Truma makes water heaters for RV's and they clearly Truma is NOT the problem. The letter stated that a part should be replaced and to call our local dealer, La Mesa RV and they would change out the part at no cost. The following is how La Mesa responded:

3-Mar: Called LaMesa and they had no clue of what I was talking about. 3-Mar: Called Truma and they assured me they notified La Mesa but said they would call La Mesa again. 22-Mar: Called La Mesa and they knew nothing of the warranty/service bulletin. 22-Mar: Called Truma. They asked for a direct contact at LaMesa (I gave them the service managers name). 10-Apr: Called La Mesa and they did not know anything about Truma. 10-Apr: Called Truma, and they spoke with both the service manager and parts manager and set up a warranty case and made arrangements to ship the part so it would arrive a few days before the appointment on April 28 (they were concerned LaMesa would lose the part).

26-Apr: Called La Mesa to talk to service manager. He didn't return the call. 27-Apr: Called La Mesa 3 times - No return call. Later in day spoke with the person who answered the phone in service and she put me on hold for several minutes. When she came back she said she checked with parts and other managers but they could find nothing regarding Truma parts or warranty recall. I said if I can't be guaranteed that this issue will be taken care of I did not want to drive 100 miles to be turned away. She suggested that I cancel the appointment until they can get to the bottom of the problem (the problem started March 3 - just 55 days so far to get to the bottom of it).

27-Apr: Called the person at La Mesa that "makes sure you are satisfied" - no return call as of April 28. 28-Apr: Called Truma. The Truma rep said she spoke with both service manager and parts manager on 4/10 and brought them up to speed on the issue and made arrangements to ship the part and installation instructions and all the internal warranty paperwork. She further said that the part was delivered to La Mesa on April 21. Truma said they would ship to any authorized dealer we choose if we could not get this resolved with La Mesa. Truma expressed disbelief that something as simple as change of a part could be this difficult. They said this is the simplest of simple. They said on their end they will do everything they can to see that our unit is fixed.

28-Apr: Called 0930. Called parts manager - no answer. Called 10:30. Called parts manager - Left message asking him to PLEASE call me. Called "the make sure your happy person" - no answer. Still waiting for return calls from April 26th, 27th and the 28th from various employees at La Mesa RV. The issue is still not resolved.

My only advice to a prospective customer is to read ALL the complaints about La Mesa RV. There is a trend that apparently top management does not care to address. Compared to any car dealer I have done business with La Mesa appears to be run by very young children that don't know what to do. It becomes quite clear that if they relied on service they would implode. The right hand absolutely does not know what the left is doing. SAD.

La Mesa RV Company Profile