2. Automotive
  3. RV Manufacturers

3.8/5 (236 ratings)

About La Mesa RV

La Mesa RV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?

Original review: July 10, 2021

Highly DISAPOINTED with La Mesa RV 7525 W. McDowell Rd. I do not even know where to start. After paying $64,546.00 in cash + another $3,990.00 for extra insurance, we never been treated so poorly!!!

1. After 3 days in the 2021 Crossroads Cruiser, we woke up to 2 inches of water from broken water line behind refrigerator to the icemaker.

2. How do we know it was the line to icemaker? After many unsuccessful attempts & many unanswered messages left to contact La Mesa RV we had to contact the makers of refrigerator to figure out how to get the icemaker working. The service people did not turn on the water to icemaker.

3. Which brings me to turning on the water outlet value to the icemaker, my husband reached under the kitchen sink to turn valve and the board under cupboard fell because there was one staple holding the board up.

4. Hot water tank will NOT work with electric ONLY propane. Who knows why I can NOT get anyone to answer the phone?

5. Which brings me to the so called “We’ll Be Here After You Leave Today!” flyer. For the first 120 days after you purchase RV from La Mesa RV they will continue to provide support at toll free phone number. This is a laughingstock!!!! Never answer the phone & now all the sudden they will be out of office till the 12th of July. Why, so they can run the 120 days out. Bought this 2021 Crossroads Cruiser April 30, 2021. We are now at 40 days as of July 10, 2021.

6. A/C unit in living room/kitchen is NOT cold.

7. Gas lines run down the bottom of the frame so we can NOT block up the RV.

8. Why would we need to block up RV you ask? Because electric levelers in the middle will NOT work. Keep getting an ERROR Code. Yes, I have called.

9. And this brings me back to the 120 days we are here for you. We were told by the salesman that just because we live in Flagstaff, AZ they have a mobile unit to come fix this $64,546.00 RV. Outright lie!!!! No names mentioned the lady on the phone yesterday July 9, 2021 told me their mobile unit will cost us $149.00 for the first 50 miles & then $1.00 per mile after that. Do they realize we live 145 miles +? So let me get this right $249.00 for LA Mesa RV to honor their warranty for a brand-new RV. I AM APPALLED!!!! Wait folks it gets better.

10. Sewer pipe outlet is put on crooked. Husband had a time hooking sewer up. Yes, we have had an RV for years, so we know what we are doing.

11. Bathroom sink has a drip, make sure you do not leave the drain closed. Or we are going to flood again!!!

12. Molding by the door was never fixed, we asked multiple times. How hard it to put a couple of staples in the molding? Apparently, extremely hard.

13. Satellite system will not work with the dish system. Why? I can NOT get any answers from anyone.

14. La Mesa RV had a whole month to get this 5th wheel ready for us before we picked it up. We had an appointment at 9 am in morning. We had to wait another 3-4 hrs. for them to get it ready. We have a business also, but apparently our time means nothing to LA Mesa RV.

15. Electronic recliners will NOT work unless I unplug them and reset them. The recliner gets stuck into the up position.

LA Mesa RV should be ashamed in the way they have treated us!!!! Keystone should be ashamed of having LA Mesa RV as one of their dealers. Keystone should cancel their contract with LA Mesa RV, with this kind of service we would never treat our valued customers this way. For the price we paid for this RV we are HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!! Never, ever go to LA Mesa RV for a new RV you will get the shaft in the end but only after they receive their money!!!! Sadly, disappointed in LA Mesa RV 7525 W McDowell Phoenix AZ,

Sherrie **

Original review: June 28, 2021

We believe La Mesa RV misrepresented the condition of a 2021 RV as "like new" when the RV had several major issues. La Mesa RV stated the original owners decided to trade in the RV after 400 miles because it was too small. We were assured there were no issues and that La Mesa service department would do a thorough inspection before delivery. This was obviously not true. We flew from WA state to AZ to take delivery and drive the RV back up to WA. On the trip home, the generator would not start several times, the batteries would not hold a charge despite solar, and the ultimate was the slide not retracting which required a 6 hour mobile service call to manually retract the slide so the RV could be driven. La Mesa RV was minimally responsive to our calls and was unable to solve the issues once we were able to reach service department.

La Mesa was unwilling to buy back the RV or help us find some resolution to the unusable RV. We trusted the reputation of La Mesa RV and are very disappointed and frustrated by the slow response, lack of communication, lack of concern for the inconvenience, lack of customer service, and especially for selling an RV as "like new" when it obviously was not in working order. Think twice before buying from La Mesa RV.

Get buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Do not ever buy an RV with or at La Mesa RV. The dealer will do nothing to help you. I called the dealer I bought from in Mesa Arizona and spoke to them first to tell them about the fire that almost killed my family and they told me there was nothing they could do for us and that we should contact our insurance. IT was a Friday night and there was zero I could do other than call my insurance for a tow. I did exactly what they said and then called Keystone which is the manufacture company that made my vehicle hoping they would do something since my dealer failed to help. They told me that since I already contacted my insurance company that it was on them now and they couldn't help us. So I did what the dealer told me because they wouldn't help then Keystone won't do anything through warranty because La Mesa told me the wrong thing to do. See how this works yet? Now a little history.

I bought this RV a few months ago and brought it home in February. We bought it brand new, first owners. It comes with a year bumper to bumper manufacturer warranty from Keystone that our dealer is supposed to honor because they have a Keystone approved service depart. They didn't. I have moved my RV twice, went no more than from Mesa Arizona to Camp Verde Arizona where my new RV TT sat for 2 months solid before we decided to take a road trip to help my father in Indiana who has brain cancer so imagine my worry nobody wanted to help me and or honor the warranty. I thought buying new would help me.

So here below is my story and I am sad I even have to repeat this but as of now I don't trust Keystone, and I absolutely do not trust La Mesa. After all my complaining and pushing things, the dealer now calls me almost a week later saying they have found a place that will get it in and work on it. I fear they will find a way to make this not their fault. Everything worked fine before and everything worked fine pulling out. I didn't get but one exit up from where it sat for 2 months and thankfully because my son was hungry we stopped at a sonic where the trailer started smoking and a customer saw it when I had stepped away and put the fire out, thank god!

The two people that jumped into to help put out the fire also had to remove everything from the brake box because they needed to disconnect any power from it because it kept breaking out in fire. So they did and had to cut two small holes to remove wiring that was still smoking and catching fire. The two men that jumped in worked with RV's and wiring in the past with electrical experience and clearly stated this was a manufacture defect in the way it was started and the way the wiring was under the floor being pinched.

Needless to say, we have been blown off and this is a huge hit on our insurance when the company told us to do the wrong thing and we are out hotel, we are out, food, clothing and more because we can't even get into our slides as there is no power to the rv to open them. Our insurance will reimburse us $1000 for hotel but really should they be involved at all? NO, the dealer should have done what was right in the beginning. That won't cover even one week of our hotel where our RV has sat already without being touched yet.

I have been told that not only is LaMesa RV known for their terrible customer service but how them not honoring warranty work is too. It isn't even week one and I have already reached $1200 in hotels already. LaMesa called us and offered to pay us a lump some to help with expenses but we had to sign off on all liability for everything else. Per J. ** who stated "he is the decision maker who can make things happen!" Obviously I am not releasing them from not honoring anything. I can afford to pay for my hotel loses, my food loses and my clothing loses and more. However, not many are in the same situation as me. This could financially ruin most people and it is not right.

The principle of the matter has me ready to fight with everything I have. If you are a company and you give a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty then you should be made to honor it no questions asked. My personal insurance shouldn't be held responsible where it will make my insurance premiums go up because I took a hit on a claim because of ** wiring from the manufacture Keystone who doesn't do good work. Below is the story I have been sharing everywhere in order to help anyone in the future from making the same mistake as us to not only avoid any manufacturing RV owned by Thor industries and subsidiaries but to avoid all La Mesa RV companies all over the US because they all blew us off and chose not to help till today which now seems odd. Thanks for reading my story below and sorry for repeating myself.

My Keystone RV Air Cruise 33ft bunkhouse was 2 months old, has only been moved once to get to Camp Verde and then once to leave Camp Verde 1 exit up before leaving town to eat. I shouldn't have faulty wiring that almost killed my family by catching on fire. Keystone RV needs to step up and do the right thing. My insurance company should not be covering manufacturing issues and I shouldn't be out of pocket for hotels because their dealers don't honor their warranties. First our dealer told us they just couldn't help and to call our insurance. We called many other Keystone RV service providers and other La Mesa RV dealerships in Arizona; all Keystone RV preferred service and body places told us they couldn't help and it would take 6 weeks to even look at it to give me an estimated time frame for fixing or figure out what was even wrong.

We had to go to a none approved RV service facility to get someone to look at it within a week. Worst experience and worst customer service ever from Keystone RV approved dealers and service centers. Did I mention if it weren't for the random act of kindness from a stranger seeing the fire and using an extinguisher my family might have died from the propane and gas tank explosion before we saw the fire. Might I mention had we not stopped one exit up this would have happened on the highway and would have exploded before we saw fire..

If you are looking for a new RV don't get a Keystone and for sure don't use La Mesa RV anywhere. They all dismissed us. What is worse is Keystone basically treated us with the same poor service and chose to make us do all the leg work to get them to still do nothing. They refuse to even call where the RV sits and get pictures. We have called our lawyer and they told us to watch what happens first, let the work get done and if Keystone nor LaMesa steps up and does what is right then we will go after them after the fact for failing to deliver on promised service through our manufacturing warranty contract. In the meantime, am I to spend my life's earnings and savings to get them to do what is right? I am very disappointed and I hope to keep others from going through the same thing. I hope this review reaches far and wide.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

We shopped RV’s for over a year before finally deciding to purchase a motor home from La Mesa RV (LMRV). We fell in love with a 2019 Class B and purchased it June 2020. Upon purchase, we received and followed the instructions from the LMRV “Indoctrination Specialist” which led us to kill our lithium batteries. He said to my wife and me, “This switch here, probably better to leave it on, don’t ever turn off this switch”. Three months later we had two dead $3,000 batteries.

We took it to LMRV facility in El Cajon, whereupon our Service Advisor’s (SA) first remarks were that it was going to cost us $195 just to figure out the problem. Then he proceeded to dish a little verbal dirt on “The Brand” which led me to believe that the product, which LMRV represents, advertises and sells, was viewed with some derision. It seems a cultural disdain exists at LMRV that seems to have transmuted from our first service advisor to the next. We were so disappointed and unhappy at this attitude that we paid the $195 extortion fee, took the vehicle off lot and had the batteries replaced, under warranty, at a brand-recommended facility 125 miles away rather than deal with such a dismissive, unprofessional attitude.

Shortly thereafter, we noticed that our refrigerator began freezing everything. Then the gauge for the freshwater tank malfunctioned and a significant freshwater tank leak appeared. So, we took it back to LMRV in El Cajon. Now ten days after dropping it off, it seems that work on our rig has ground to a complete halt because the service advisor who told us it was going to be covered under warranty has moved on within LMRV and his replacement is reneging on that promise to cover repair under warranty. Our new SA said he is in communication with “The Brand” and they are at loggerheads as to how to proceed. We were given information on the reason for the warranty problems with the 2019 model.

Apparently, the agreement between LMRV and “The Brand”, for warranty work, specifically excluded the 2019 models due to business issues between the two organizations. The manager over the service advisors has instructed and is still instructing the service advisors to NOT provide warranty work for the 2019 due to the issues between LMRV and “The Brand”. As consumers of the LMRV products and services, we should not be victims of the dispute between LMRV and “The Brand”.

Since the day we dropped off the vehicle, nine days came and went with no communication from anyone at LMRV until we called yesterday, prompting a return call from the SA. All of this has occurred even though we purchased the Portfolio Protection plan. The extreme disconnect between how LMRV promotes the RV experience in its televised advertising and the reality of what one gets at the El Cajon service facility is as different as night and day. We think a serious internal review may be in order to address the customer service culture within your organization, at least how it relates to “The Brand” product. This type of cultural attitude can only exist in a company when either supported by, promoted by, or ignored by senior management. Which is it?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Bad experience twice, first the manager turn off the lights when negotiating with the salesman, he get mad because I was trying to get a better deal, second time I had an appointment and the price for a rv with salesman named Austin when I arrive at the dealer he sold the rv to another person because he get more money from him. Lack of professionalism, honesty, respect and ethics is rampant in La Mesa RV of Sanford, I should read the reviews before entering that place.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

We bought a new motorhome from La Mesa RV in Phoenix, Arizona in February 2020 and it is now late September and have not had a successful trip yet. It has been in the shop more than we have used it. It is currently in the shop (for the 4th time) and has been there for 6 weeks. Whenever we take it in for repairs, the customer service department says the problems have been solved, but every time we pick it up, all the repairs have not been made. We are making payments on a motorhome we can not use. We are extremely disappointed and frustrated that we spent so much money with a dealership who provides such poor customer service. We regret buying from La Mesa RV. It has been a terrible experience!

Original review: July 7, 2020

I took my 2019 RoadTrek Simplicity to LaMesa RV in Davis for over $3,000.00 in repairs to the 12-volt system including a new inverter, wiring, etc. When I got it home the couch/bed elec. did not operate as it did when I brought it to them. I should note that it is a 7 hour round trip from my home to their facility. I called them and was told "maybe the motor that operates the system burned out" and offered no other remedies. I called a local RV repair company to determine the problem and within a few minutes, he said there is a wire from the inverter that was not hooked up and that was the problem. $195.00 for the fix. When contacting LaMesa RV they would take no responsibility and refused to reimburse me.

Original review: May 27, 2020

We bought a 2010 Tiffin Phaeton from La Mesa/Albuquerque in late March of 2019. At that time, we asked about the batteries and they said they had filled them…only to find out on our first major trip that they were not!! We purchased the extended warranty – shame on me. What a sham as it has not paid much at all.

In late January of 2020, we took the unit in for several items – including the belts, batteries, microwave outlet and carbon monoxide detector (going off sporadically). We got our unit back early May after the first service manager (Mike) was “fired” and a new one (Robynne) came in and two weeks closure due to COVID-19. Mike told us all was taken care of, just before the two week closure, and it would cost us nothing. He was going to have the batteries replaced as they were bad as well as the detector as “they go bad” (plus it was covered by our very expensive warranty!).

After the closure, Robynne took over – She said the batteries were fine, belts had small cracks but nothing serious, and the detector never went off so didn’t replace. They did fix the wiring to the microwave however, when I turned on the power at home, there was a humming….that now needs to be explored! Additionally, when we got the unit back, the dome lights won’t turn off! We now have found a great shop that said the belts DO have to be replaced and the batteries ARE bad!!

We were told conflicting stories – and now when I call, I hear them say “don’t listen to him, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about”! I completed a survey, which they acknowledged when I called; however, they just ignored what I said. Obviously, I’ve been labeled the “trouble-maker”. If I have anything to say, we will NEVER walk into that place again – and I will tell everyone I can to BEWARE OF THEM!! They want the sales and the add-ons, but won’t stand behind anything their people say – instead, they fire them or put them on leave!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

My wife and I purchased a new travel trailer in 2015 from La Mesa RV at an RV show in Sacramento. Because of my disabilities and inability to perform regular maintenance myself, we purchased a 5-year extended maintenance plan which cost us an additional $5000. In the fifth year of the plan, the powered tongue jack stop working and I took it in for repair. Fortunately, the jack was a recalled item and was repaired free. The service department offered to also perform a free roof inspection and determined that a reseal was required. However, when questioned why the $1100 cost was not covered by the maintenance plan, I was told that the roof reseal is considered regular maintenance which is not covered by the plan, which brings into question what maintenance is covered by a maintenance plan.

Needles to say, I am frustrated and angry. It is the fact that when originally questioned the sales department repeatedly assured my wife and I that this is the very situation which we were assured the plan covered. Lesson learned. Carefully parse all maintenance contracts before purchase. Sales personnel are not above bold face lies.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We purchased a 2020 Accolade from La Mesa RV. Buying it was easy, though it has problems, leaks, small issues, and a front overhead cab window where the molding is separated from the frame enough to see pink insulation. After waiting on their schedule one month to be able to bring in our RV for warranty work, we dropped it off January 8th. It is now February 6th and we are finding out today that the parts needed are just being ordered TODAY!!! They won't be shipped until next week and will take another two weeks to get to La Mesa's service dept. We have been calling, texting this whole time between Entegra and La Mesa RV, and between the two of them we have been repeatedly lied to and been given the blame game routine to the point we are tearing our hair out.

FYI, I will also be posting this complaint on Entegra's site as well. La Mesa's rep admitted this morning that the rig wasn't even touched for repairs at all until January 26th! Each entity has been blaming the other, all-the-while telling us parts have been ordered (when they weren't), repairs have been effected (which they weren't), and a service mgr. at La Mesa RV has even been let go in the midst of all this chaos. Consumers, buying an RV is only half of the experience. You have been warned. The back half, the servicing of your RV will give you heart palpitations. It is so frustrating!!!!

La Mesa RV author review by Sharee Collier

La Mesa RV is a marketplace for used and new RVs. La Mesa began as a simple RV dealership in La Mesa, California, in 1972. It has since moved its headquarters to San Diego and expanded with dealerships in Florida, Arizona and New Mexico.

• Stock variety: La Mesa RV sells products from numerous brands, including Winnebago, Fleetwood, Hummer and more. La Mesa sells RVs and trailers of all classes.

• Rotating sales: La Mesa RV hosts rotating sales for the RVs they have in stock. If you don’t mind waiting for a good price, keeping an eye on these sales will save you some money.

• Trade-in: If you currently have an RV you want to sell, La Mesa will appraise it for you. They will either offer you a cash deal or trade-in credit toward one of their RVs.

• Preowned sales: La Mesa RV also sells preowned vehicles in addition to their new stock. Preowned inventory is subject to change, so you’ll want to check their listings regularly.

• Full service center: La Mesa RV’s locations have full service centers. If you need to repair your RV, you can schedule an appointment with a technician online.

by Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Expert

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

La Mesa RV Company Information