1.61/5
Based on 167 reviews that contain star ratings

168 La Mesa RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

We went to RV show in Phoenix at State Farm Stadium February 2019. When inquiring about a used class A, we then immediately found ourselves in serious talk about purchasing which I guess after looking for nearly 2 years, we were serious. Long story short, was promised a mattress (in overhead loft which was missing) which we saw finance guy had written down during our finagling on price at the table, but was NOT honored later because someone failed to type on the “final” papers we signed. Buyers beware!! La Mesa will NOT work towards Customer satisfaction once they have your money!

Call it sneaky or whatever but make sure you read absolutely EVERYTHING even though the paperwork is delivered very quickly when you are signing. Afterwards, you're basically ignored as though they don’t care whether you ever come back to do business in the future. I received better CS when I bought my car. Afterwards, you are basically ignored.

Original review: March 13, 2019

After the cash was given we were treated like something the dog left you. Do not go here!!! Fixed over a dozen big problems myself but when my motor coach windshield cracked down the middle I then needed to call on my warranty. That's when the blowing off and torture began. I am a disabled American and have to use my vehicle as life support to leave my house for any period of time. La Mesa Fort Pierce has put me through hell. Thor Industries says they will take care of it in a week and a half. We will see.

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

My experience is similar to another review I read. We bought a new Regency Xalta LX in December from La Mesa RV In San Diego. Several items needing adjustments or repairs were noted prior to close of the sale and we were assured they were all fixed before we accepted the RV. That was not the case. Then we had to wait about 4-5 weeks to get an appointment with the service department.

When I showed up in the RV for the appointment they had no record of an appointment. I dropped off the RV but then it was over two weeks before I heard from a service advisor. He was new and just getting going on the warranty items. It’s been almost five weeks now since we dropped of told the RV for warranty repairs and we still don’t have the RV back. I was told they are making a claim against the AC manufacturer as it is not blowing cold or heated air and that they are waiting on parts from the manufacturer. The service rep now says they have repaired the other warranty items on the list but I’ll believe it when I see it. Based up my experience so far I would not recommend La Mesa RV to prospective purchasers or to existing owners.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

La Mesa sales manager (Kim) introduced himself and apologized for running our credit. This was unnecessary as we had advised we were a cash buyer. Running the credit caused our boat insurance to increase. I submitted a La Mesa survey and asked for a letter of apology to report the error to Experian. No response as of Feb 25. Sales Manager discussed our trade vehicle. Called it a Class B Sprinter. We traded a 5th Wheel Trailer. Unprepared manager and poor representative of La Mesa.

On delivery, one propane tank not filled, mattress missing support in one area, and toilet missing 4 finishing decorative bolt covers. We changed our delivery date/time to accommodate our salesperson. But during the delivery the sales person never made contact with me, nor has he contacted me subsequent to the delivery. Overall impression is that La Mesa is not customer oriented. Only want to make a sale. Perhaps if our purchase was for a more expensive product, we would have received a better experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Several credit checks were done with many financial institutions. It was not necessary. It hurts your credit. I got my own financing. We were not advised that this was going to happen. They tell you that they can get you a certain rate & then they keep checking your credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased A new Winnebago Fuse RV on Oct. 19 2018 from La Mesa RV, 7430 Copley Place, San Diego CA 92111. The sale was handled very well. Afterwards I was amazed to learn that it was necessary to wait two days short of six weeks for an appointment to have new vehicle warranty of seven faults. During that wait I made temporary repairs in order to use the RV. Among other things this required me to make 4 telephone calls to the La Mesa RV Service Center as well as the La Mesa Service Center in Albuquerque NM. I did not get a single call back. I could not move the RV from my driveway over a curb without damage because the automatic entry step would not retract. I spent two days searching for a blown fuse and finally found a broken switch assembly which permitted moving the RV without damage.

During the wait for warranty work I looked for and found several reviews on my computer, all of which warned against having service done at La Mesa RV Service Center, El Cajon CA. (When picking up my RV six weeks later after the warranty work, which was done well, I was approached by an RV owner warning me not to have service done there based on his described awful experience.)

I have two problems related to parts which the parts specialist at La Mesa RV, San Diego told me I needed for my new RV. The first was a parts kit of several items for a price of $119.57. About $100 worth of the kit was for 3 drain hoses, none of which could be used in my RV. I asked for a refund but was refused. In order to fit the main hose in the only RV container I had to saw off the end with projections, which made the other two hoses useless in my RV. I consider this an unethical taking of approximately $100, since the parts specialist should have known that the hoses could not be used or kept in my RV.

The second item I was told I would need by the parts specialist at La Mesa RV, San Diego, was a lock and key set for the large outside storage compartment at the rear right side of the RV, at a cost of $88.33. The compartment had no visible lock, which of course is necessary to store anything of value if the vehicle is unattended, such as at a trailhead. I was amazed that there was no lock on the compartment and so were the technical specialists, since the three Winnebago RVs I had previously purchased all had locks on all outside compartments (and so were included all drain hoses in the sale).

When the La Mesa RV service specialists tried to install the lock I had purchased they found that the lock was there already, but had been covered with plastic and painted, which they uncovered. They then replaced the lock I had purchased in their parts store which I had insisted they return to me or refund to me. I am certain that the RV had either been purchased previously and the compartment damaged, or that it was damaged previous to sale to me and repaired, taped, and painted to hide the lock. Since obviously Winnebago would not have hidden the lock in manufacture, the parts specialist, an active representative of Winnebago, should have known this. The hidden lock should have been exposed prior to the RV sale.

Since the purchase of the RV on October 19, 2018, three months ago, I have been in constant contact with several personnel at La Mesa RV San Diego, often without reply for days, asking for assistance and at least for some refund for the loss of $207 in unethical treatment. Although I received some encouragement and assistance from two personnel, no actual assistance whatsoever had been provided. I am therefore still requesting some ethical consideration and refund for approximately @$200.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Took in for a few warranty issues, nothing major. It's now three months later and all I get is the run around about waiting for the manufacture to ok repairs. Called the manufacturer about this and they told me they try to approve in 24 hrs. Don't think they know what they're doing.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

La Mesa’s management and service department were very nasty and did not follow through on any of the promises they made before we signed on the dotted line. We were told that they service coaches from bumper to bumper. Immediately after we drove the coach off the lot we experienced dangerous steering capability. We were told it’s ours now and not their responsibility. They don’t even test drive any coaches before a customer purchases it. And they didn’t give us an opportunity to do so when we came for the orientation. Run away and don’t stop at any La Mesa show!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I started my search in RV Trader the beginning of September 2018. I found the MH I was looking for on the internet and the MH was located at La Mesa RV in Ft Myers. I had several conversations with the internet sales person, who also sent me additional pictures. I made arrangements to fly from California to Florida to inspect the MH and finalize the transaction the end of September. I advised them of my plans and the date I would be arriving.

On the agreed arrival date, I called to get a ride from the Hotel they had suggested to the lot. They were surprised that I was there and advised me that the MH was not ready and that there were things that needed to be repaired. After a heated conversation the MH was ready to go the next day. I was given temporary registration and plates so I could return to California. The temporary plates are good for 30 days. As the first 30 days was getting close to expiration, I requested another temporary tag and registration. I called many times to have my permanent documents expedited to no avail.

Jupiter Tag and Title is the useless entity supposedly doing the 3rd party registration. I checked their reviews and they were not good. I have had to ask for my third temporary tag and registration. Stay away from La Mesa RV to avoid the aggravation of what is supposed to be an enjoyable experience. They have no understanding of good customer service or customer appreciation.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We purchased a Kodiak Trailer on 10/25/18 at the Oro Valley Marketplace RV show. Our extreme disappointment and quite frankly disbelief that we had in good faith purchased the Kodiak trailer, signed all the documents only to find out that a gross error was made on the dealerships part. On 10/26/18, Al the salesman called my husband regarding the error and arrangements were made to come in on 10/27/18 to resign the papers, the papers the dealership created in error. Can you imagine our surprise and horror to learn that our trailer had been re-sold! Just like that we didn't matter, just the sale did. The disrespect was inconceivable. La Mesa RV sold a trailer that had already been sold. How did that happen? Is this a common practice at La Mesa RV? We certainly didn’t expect this kind of treatment.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I researched the Roadtrek SS Agile for weeks, the only reason I went to La Mesa RV was it was the closest dealer. Like the other guy stated there is a $999 dealer fee to cover prep. You pay extra for tax, tag etc... We looked at several vehicles on Sat 10/5. We returned to pick up our Roadtrek Monday 10/8. We thought it looked different but we chalked it up to being outside rather than inside. In the either we were happy. But we were missing a box of extras, like the remotes and books, the black bag etc.

During the walkaround the entertainment center didn't work because the remotes weren't there. "We'll overnight them to you." That didn't happen but two days later a guy dropped off the box. No help no information, see ya, bye bye. At least I got the books, better than most. So after a couple of days trying to get things right I discover the TV Antenna doesn't work. Several calls and messages and nothing. We found out that the vehicle was shipped to Port St.Lucie on Saturday after we left (not the one we saw) and they forgot the box. It was impossible to prep this vehicle or checked everything out without "The Box", other than maybe vacuumed out.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Our salesperson was absolutely terrific. It went downhill from there. We came to purchase a Class A motorhome, and ended up buying a Class C. A very pushy manager misinformed us about the financing between the two units, which we discovered later. We previously owned over 10+ motorhomes in the past. When we went to pick the coach up in Sanford, we found out that the finance people between Daytona and Sanford didn't communicate. We have to go now to the DMV to get our tags straightened out. As it goes for delivery, it gets worse. The outside was not clean, the inside was never cleaned, and popcorn was all over the place. Our walkthrough was a joke. We have no manuals on anything, except the sprinter chassis and two operator manuals. We had to beg another salesperson for a screwdriver to put the temporary tag on. Do yourself a favor and find another dealership.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased a new Roadtrek in Sept of '18. Brought home knowing that several items were missing and was informed that when I bring it in in 2 weeks everything will be taken care of. In fact they wrote a invoice of "we owe you". Well I brought it back along with an item that needed repair as it did not work, well 3 months later I still did not have the vehicle fixed. Yes I did get the usual the parts are on order. They sent the wrong parts, the parts are on back order. They take 10 days to come from Canada. They changed the wire harness 5 times.The mechanic that does the work is on vacation this week, and on and on. Meanwhile I get a notice saying how do I like my vehicle now that I had it 3 mos. Boy talk about adding insult to injury.

I said I had a rally I did not want to miss and they let me have it the following week. I went on the rally and found out the area that they worked on still did not work so after Christmas I got a hold of the service mgr and asked to have it looked after. I was turned over to his service writer who said the soonest she could get me is over a month away on Feb. 6, 2019. I came in at 1100 am as I was told and everyone looked at me as if I was an alien from somewhere else. They did not have me listed anywhere. I still left it there. After a week I called in asking about it. No it's not in the shop yet. Now I also had mentioned that the window somewhere in back of the sink was leaking and during a rain a lot of water was on the floor.

In another week they said they were too busy to bring it in. This figured as I had read that they were hiring mechanics. I called the mfg and was advised to bring it to another of their dealerships. I promptly went down, picked the coach up and made the appointment. The items were taken care of. Oh and coming home the hatch door on the hot water tank blew off. And got destroyed. This was one of the items that was stated "we owe you". In three mos time this could not be fixed? Well after buying a new hatch and painting. It was quite a disappointment and I know that If I were to ask for reimbursement from La Mesa it would be easier to ask for the pope to turn protestant. Beware La Mesa down by Vero Beach.

Original review: June 30, 2018

We recently purchased a 2018 Intent from La Mesa RV in Daytona Beach FL and picked it up in Sanford, FL. The La Mesa RV sales team in Daytona was very nice BUT this is where it stops. The financing representative tried to “make” us sign our contract adding $6000 worth of warranty items to it! Unless we had reviewed the contract carefully we would have completely missed it. We had insisted we did not want this even before he printed the contracts out and he argued with us stating we MUST sign the contract with the $6000 on it stating that when we picked up the unit it would be taken off.

I was not born yesterday! This is dishonesty at its worst and Winnebago should be ashamed to associate its long standing and excellent brand with such a dishonest company like La Mesa. I understand their volume with Winnebago and the revenue that you generate from La Mesa in general. After I told them I would walk from the deal if he didn’t reprint the contract WITHOUT the $6K he reluctantly reprinted it and his demeanor became combative and nasty. FAR from customer friendly.

BUT it doesn’t stop there. We left a deposit of $500 with them and was given a receipt for it. When we went to pick up the coach and met a different finance person in Sanford and after we had signed all papers, we had to ask about the $500 deposit. It was nowhere on any of the final signed paperwork. After discussion the finance person again reluctantly put a check request in and and gave us a copy of it and said we would have our deposit returned within a week. We are now starting the 3rd week and no check.

When we called we were given the run around and a promise of a returned call. Of course no call! This is YOUR agent, your dealer the one you gave a gold star for on your website! We cant be the first customers who have complained about La Mesa’s shady dealings but yet they get the gold star. Their hubris is loud and clear and it only tarnishes and damages the valued Winnebago brand especially when you endorse and award the a “favored” status on your website. Remember we who are customers. Without us there would be no need to have dealers. This is how owners of your entry level coaches are treated; as second class customers.

Original review: June 20, 2018

In January I purchased a 2018 Hymer Aktiv (list price $106k) from La Mesa in Davis, CA (sales are now in West Sacramento). Nothing regarding the shower pan, roof or the radio was mentioned during the inspection/orientation. I spotted drops of water in the moonroof at the forward end of the van but I was told it is because they just pressure washed the unit so the water probably sprayed up under the lid and is simply dripping down. I have no experience with RV's so I took his word for it. I noticed after departing with my new purchase that the radio was popping up warnings constantly so I informed the service dept.

The next thing I noticed was leaking from the shower pan, the water would travel out from under the shower and flow across the floor and then disappear underneath cabinetry. La Mesa Service looked at it and reported to me that there were no problems with it. The fantastic roof fan leaked water when it rained and I had to capture water in cups, the ceiling was soaked with water. I saw mold growing. I had to wait more than a month before the service department could repair the issue, they said they cleaned the mold and said the leak that I saw in the moonroof was probably water that had traveled through the ceiling from the fantastic fan to the moonroof...

Now, months later, another technician looked at the shower pan and noticed that the pan has a crack which was filled with silicone. The technician was familiar with the RV model and was confirmed that this was not normal (I spoke with the manufacturer and they said they would not ship a unit out with that fault so it is obvious that La Mesa found and tried to fix it prior to selling the unit). La Mesa re-filled the crack in the tub for me but the pan still leaks, and now I have to wait more than two months before they can fit me into their schedule. Knowing how they work, they won't order a new pan until they look at it again so that means I possibly have to wait another month or two after that, so November?

Just recently I saw that the backside of the kitchen cabinetry is de-laminated, obviously the water leak is causing damage to the unit. When I complained about the radio and the other items a salesman actually asked me sarcastically if I want to buy another unit. WTF. Did I mention I am a full-timer? This makes life very difficult and stressful and now I'm worried about mold. Nothing is perfect but jee wiz.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We purchased two RVs over the course of a year, first one used. Second one new. We were delayed on receiving the first used one because they had to inspect every system to ensure quality. We had a sewerage spill as a iPhone was stuck in the black water valve... guess they forgot to check that. I repaired it myself while on holiday. When we test drove the new one I mentioned a vibration in the front end at speed, it was written into the sales papers and I was assured it would be checked and rectified. Going through the orientation I asked about the vibration and was told they sent it out and all is good. Well it wasn't but I dealt with it and worked around the speeds where it was really bad.

As I'm preparing for a upcoming trip I decided to have the tires rebalanced. Much to my surprise I had a bent wheel... Hmmm if they had it sent out for the pre sale vibration check they would have found the bent wheel. Please do not believe a word they say after you leave the sales dept. Regarding service... oh what could I say. I paid for a special coating. Yeah right. It was never applied but they are going to recoat it after the fact. They repaired a leaking window but you guessed it still leaking. Waiting since September for new vinyl graphics for the front, hopefully it'll happen sometime this year. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to make a appointment for service then you go through the parts ordering song and dance. I could go on and on. Some people walk away happy, I try to keep my sense of humor about everything as I believe my service advisor is truly trying to provide quality service.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My husband contacted La Mesa RV by phone in February 2018 to get information on a Winnebago View Motorcoach. He was assisted by Barry ** in Sales and Frank **, Finance Manager. My husband stated that we were not ready to buy a RV yet but was looking for information on costs and required downpayment. My husband also stated that when we were ready to buy that we wanted to go thru our existing bank who held our existing RV loan. La Mesa RV stated that in order to provide us with the potential cost with downpayment that they would need to run our credit one time. My husband reiterated that we were not ready to purchase and Barry stated that was fine. La Mesa RV then proceeded to submit our credit application to multiple banks which resulted in multiple hard inquiries appearing on our credit reports.

When I contacted the credit agencies to have these hard inquiries expunged, I was informed by Experian and Transunion that I would need letters from each of the banks that processed the credit request asking to have the hard inquiries removed. The banks stated that they could not do this as the requests were "Dealer-Initiated" and that I would need to speak with La Mesa to have them resolve my issue. I spoke with Frank **, Finance Manager after requesting a call back from the La Mesa RV Finance Manager. He apologized for my experience but stated that La Mesa RV is not able to create the requested letter for me as they cannot intercede on behalf of an individual in terms of their credit report.

I then contacted the La Mesa RV Customer Relations team on 6/11/2018 and spoke with Jay ** on 6/12/2018. Mr. ** contacted me back after obtaining my file and stated that no letter would be available as there were no records created by either Frank ** or Barry ** (Sales) stating that (1) we were not ready to purchase and (2) we did not approve our application going out to multiple banks as we wanted our credit application only to go to our existing bank.

No apologies given and when I asked to speak with the President/CEO of La Mesa RV, Jay informed me that the President/CEO was traveling extensively and would not return my phone call for at least 4-5 weeks. Jay went on to state that the President/CEO would refer me back to him as Jay handles all issues and there would be no available recourse for me in this case. I informed Jay ** that due to this response that I would not be doing any future business with La Mesa RV and will be submitting a complaint.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I bought a new Travato from La Mesa 2 years ago and bought the extended warranty for 6 years. A couple of months ago, the top refrigerator vent just blew off during a wind storm. Winnebago stated that the vent was reinstalled by La Mesa when the vehicle arrived at their lot. Now for the great customer service... When they finally got the part, I waited for over an hour until Ryan strutted out stating that they didn't order the parts needed to install it. After a couple of weeks, several unanswered phone calls, and an email to the service manager, I was finally able to get the vent installed. It's been 2 weeks and it's coming out again. I'm so frustrated with these people I could cry. Wait, I have...

Original review: June 1, 2018

We purchased a New RV from La Mesa. When it had a major leak, they said they had a two month waiting list. Brand new? Also, we went to them to fix a few things... The "Tech" knew NOTHING about repairs... totally at a loss and could not get any answers. We left with half of the things we needed fixed, still broken, after sitting in the waiting room all day.

Original review: May 26, 2018

We purchased a used RV from La Mesa which they kept for a week "while they serviced it." When my husband brought it home he found a fuel float and sending unit in the RV. They are refusing to fix this (we are not able to ascertain what our fuel level is) as it was "bought as is and your husband inspected it." So my husband should have ascertained that the fuel gauge was "non-functional" and that during the week that they had to completely service it no one found this replacement part in the RV??? Hmmm... So no one found this replacement part so what else did they not "see or find?" DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company. Their dishonesty is unbelievable!!!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have to agree with the other comments regarding the purchase of a motorhome at La Mesa. On April 14, 2018 we attend the RV show at Jet Blue Park in Fort Myers, Florida, the only dealer there was LaMesa, which was misleading to their TV advertising. We drove a 2018 Thor Hurricane, the whole RV shook. Then we drove a 2018 Winnebago. We decided to purchase the Thor after we were told this shaking would be fixed like new. This information and other items were written on a sheet for repairs. We took delivery on April 28, 2018, our bad, we did not drive the coach before we paid for it.

We drove the coach back to Naples, it did drive and ride a little better than the test drive. The coach was parked for a week, then were offered a free weekend at Cypress Trails in Ft. Myers for the weekend of May 4-7, 2018. While we were there we experienced a few other issues, and decided to drop the coach off at La Mesa for repairs and correct the steering issue. We were told own the coach and our responsibility to take it to the chassis shop for repair. We explained it was like that when purchased the coach. Well the coach is still there for repairs for now and they haven't made the warranty repairs. We are picking it up on Friday to take to the chassis shop. I feel we have been mistreated, taken advantage of, and told the coach was repaired and driven and this is not true.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We're on our 3rd Travel trailer, But the First time purchasing from LaMesa RV Fort Myers. My husband & I are in our 70's have worked in Sales for years. We have never meet so many rude, incompetent, people working in one company, Monday April 30, 2018 we had our orientation class, which went very well. Next stop Finance - he was either having a bad day, or just didn't like us! Maybe, because we were asking questions! Directly under the "Price of Vehicle" Is "Dealer Services Fee" $995. So of course we questioned this amount. "It was for Prepping your camper," O.K. So I googled "dealer service fee". "This is a fee that a dealer will to charge you for preparing the Vehicle (RV, T.T.)". It's a ridiculous attempt at making an extra profit, because vehicle preparation is simply a part of doing business! We didn't want to be thrown out of his office, so we just paid the fee!

While in Finance, our CSR Stacy ** stopped by, asked us if we wanted our T.V. Installed (which we brought with us) on a swing bar? Cost $170. Never mentioning that if on a swing bar it would be permanently mounted! Which our CSR conveniently forgot to mention to us. FYI our camper has an Outside TV Bracket! When we finished in Finance, our camper was parked outside all hooked up to our vehicle! My husband decided to walk around the camper to do a double check! He noticed the latch right behind the ball was NOT in locking mode! When my husband tried to lock it, The locking mechanism would not lock into place, and the paddle lock would not go through the hole.

We were being sent out with an unsafe ball & hitch! We found the mechanic that had installed the hitch. He worked on it for several minutes, then said "Oh I know the problem." He struck a screwdriver through the hole and jiggled it down. Saying "There You GO!" My husband asked if we had to do this every time? Mechanic just said "No, it'll get better!" Tuesday, April 1st we were going on a 3 day shake down Cruise with our NEW camper. Our first day, we started making a list of it.

Within an Hour, we had a list of Items that had Not been taken care of during The $995. Dealer Prep! As friends stopped by, everyone immediately noticed the TV, just because someone in the factory had slapped a white sticker on the wall that's Where the TV Was installed, With wires and cords hanging down the wall! This is when we realized the TV was Mounted Permanently! (We have an outside TV Bracket) (Intelligent people are able to Think Outside the box!) Not La Mesa RV Fort Myers Florida! The wood Frame around the bed and Table were ALL coming apart! I decided to try out the shower, within minutes the water was backing up in the shower and ready to overflow! When I yelled at my husband to open the Grey Tank. Out came, pieces of Wood, caulking, molding, sawdust!

When we mentioned this to our CSR, She said “Oh, that's just building materials left over from the factory!" REALLY. This is when we decided to leave our campsite 2 days early, return to La Mesa So they could fix what was Not done the first time. Back at La Mesa - We were reprimanded by our CSR - Stacy **. People Make Appointments, and What Gave Us the Right to Just Show and expect Our Camper to be worked On! I wanted to say "if everything had been done correct the First Time, we would still be at the campground, that we had paid for!" Instead, we Cleaned out the refrigerator, freezer, our clothes, everything in the camper so we could leave it with La Mesa!

Friday April 4, La Mesa Called us to come get our camper. When we arrived, our camper was parked next to the waiting room. The door was open, so we walked outside and stepped into OUR camper! That was when Steve ? GM stepped in and began YELLING at us for being in Our Camper! My husband said "sorry, I didn’t see a sign saying Don't Step Here.” While the GM proceeded to YELL, We don't need signs, I'M telling YOU! Then our CSR enters, when I say "a 5 year old could have done a better job mounting the TV!" That's when we were shown a piece of paper saying we were OK with a swing bar! NEVER telling us it was a permanent Fix! And we didn't expect to see hanging wires! My husband removed the swing bar, and Put the TV Up the Way it should have been done! FYI we now have a New TV swing bar which we paid $170. Is now Sitting on our workbench!

There was ONLY one person at La Mesa that knew what he was doing. Mike ** - Worked on the Ball & Lock for 3 hours, Modifying until it Was Right! There was another mechanic who came in and repaired ALL the other items until they were done RIGHT! La Mesa really needs to have a Class for its GM's & CSR's How to treat customers AFTER they've Purchase a Camper! Customer Service doesn't Stop As Soon as The Stamp is on the paperwork Paid In Full!

Original review: April 12, 2018

YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK! It's April 11th 2018, you're too late to enjoy a new RV this summer! La Mesa RV has a slogan "Experience Life." That slogan is open to your interpretation - here's mine. December 15th 2017 I knew exactly what I wanted. A 2018 ERA 70M by Winnebago. It's been 10 years since I had bought a Sprinter and the warranty was one thing I remembered because it was so short - 3 years or 36,000 miles. The salesperson stated the warranty is now 100,000 miles. I was impressed by that since my 2008 needed $16,000 in repairs over the course of one year's time starting at 50,000 miles, so that was a big selling point. Once I am sitting in the finance department the warranty is back to 3 years or 36,000 miles and they want to sell an extended warranty for $7100.00.

While negotiating they said they would sell the warranty at their cost. When I asked to see their cost, they weren't ready for that question. They said they couldn't because they have no paperwork showing the cost so I settled at $3500. The deal is done - just need to wait for pick up. The day before delivery, my new service adviser Mike ** calls to inform me that the RV has a problem with a USB port, GPS, and a vibration, but all is ok. It's in the shop getting looked at and the delivery day is still on. They said that they balanced the tires, updated the software for the GPS, and fixed the USB. On delivery day, I take a train to Davis. My RV is in a tented area getting cleaned, I do a walk around and I start seeing paint problems, then while the sales staff and I are looking at the RV and how beautiful it is I noticed some black marks on the Winnebago-added trim.

While it does not stand out at first glance, there is definitely a faded look you wouldn't expect on a new vehicle. The sales staff plays it down and tries to buff it out with no luck. Everything that needs attention is listed on a work order to be addressed at a later date. My first trip was to Fort Bragg. The speed limit on 128 is 55 mph but the RV feels better between 45-55 mph. But wait - there is a very significant vibration, even the stitching on the steering wheel is blurred and hard to hold. Then I find myself pumping the brakes every time, they feel soft and spongy. I tried to use the GPS but when you put in the first letter for the destination city it goes to the next page "Item not found." I run the heater and find the vanity and supplies are all 119 degrees a 30-degree difference from the front of RV. The TV has no power and bathroom pocket door has a big gauge.

There is now a total of 22 items in need of attention. On my first trip to the service department, I meet Mike **. I start with the GPS because I assume this should be easy to resolve. I asked Mike ** to put in my address, he puts in "S" and it goes to "Item not found". He plays with it for 3-5 mins and asked me for my zip code. He hits enter and the city shows up but with a list of every street in town and you have to scroll down to find the one you are looking for. Then I'm told, "A friend has one of these and that's how it works." We finish going through the 22 items. We are almost done and Mike ** wants to know what 10 items I want fixed this trip! Their policy is only 10 items per trip to the service department! AND it's brand new! I was told they fixed the GPS and the vibration prior to this - nothing was done. Finally seven weeks later repairs are supposedly done.

It took SEVEN WEEKS and communication was nonexistent! It was so bad I had called their customer service department and spoke with Mr. **. Only then did I hear from Mike **. I had asked by e-mail several times if the vibration, brakes, and paint were taken care of. While they would reply to the e-mail, they would avoid my questions. Finally I received a e-mail from the service manager that they test-drove it and there was no vibration. They waited SEVEN WEEKS to tell me the paint problems will not be corrected - that the flaws are acceptable per Winnebago. When I pick up the RV I noticed the pocket door for the bathroom was replaced but sitting 5" behind the door frame. Mike ** sends the RV back to repair the door, but once home I found they didn't even put in the doorstop for the other Direction.

The work order states front wheels needed balancing and brakes are good. After SEVEN WEEKS in their shop I still have a significant vibration but now it's at different speeds - and still pumping brakes to stop. The heater still gets bathroom excessively hot. I opened up the compartment where the heater is and find ducts not fastened, or loose. I repaired it myself in 10 minutes. I took the RV to Fletcher Jones Mercedes in Fremont. They find rims are bent! I called Mr. ** and his answer was to give me my money back! I don't want my money back! I want a working RV in the brand new condition I paid for. Mr. ** will not replace the rims.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The manufacturer had good prices, and the space of the cabin and in general of the whole RV is quite wide and this helps the comfort of the passengers during the trip. For children they are perfect, they have a good space to move or play on the road. They are very comfortable to drive long distances. In my experience the vehicle is quite resistant, and could cross difficult roads without problems and is also a vehicle with a good performance engine although it consumes some extra fuel. In my last family trip, I had to recharge gasoline more times than I had to recharge before with my RV Antigua, and this implies extra expenses during the trip.

Original review: March 26, 2018

There needs to be a better insulation to keep both the hot and cold air from seeping through to the inside of the RV. Other than that, all is well. I like that they make use of the limited space with smart design. It is exciting and fun. They also have the best overall quality of any RV manufacturer. I chose this particular manufacturer because it came highly recommended from both my family and friends. And I am glad I took their advice because I couldn't be happier with my RV from this brand. I would give a hearty recommendation to them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The RV has tons of room for friends, family and all your guest and have a great and wonderful time and a better experience. I like that you can go wherever with people and not use your personal vehicle. It’s great.

Original review: March 23, 2018

RV in general is great for traveling especially with family. And when I think of RV I think of the La Mesa brand. It's fast and nice. Long trip is easier for little kids instead of using a regular car. I personally like to design things so decorating the RV is very fun and interesting thing to do when I'm bored. Something I like about the RV is the design in the outside and inside. It's simple and unique. Though more color for the RV could be nice since I don't like plain things. There is only a few range of color which I think is lowkey boring. The ceiling should also be taller especially for tall people like me. And prices for RV could be a bit cheaper. But my experience has been great overall and I recommend RVs for family with little kids who want to travel. Or people who love traveling in general.

Original review: March 22, 2018

La Mesa RV has a great selection of RV's at affordable prices. They also have great customer service and I have enjoyed dealing with them so far. They make me feel like part of the family. I would enjoy buying from them in the future.

Original review: March 21, 2018

This place was amazing. Prices were great and the customer service was even better. If you plan on buying an RV this is the best, easiest and friendliest place even and we shopped around at a few others. Absolutely perfect easy process and the best bang for your buck for sure at this location. Very friendly. Built around good customer service and goes above and beyond to be the best. I will recommend this place to friends or family or just anyone looking.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I chose this La Mesa RV manufacturer because I have a very close family member that has shopped through the same RV manufacturer and they seemed to really love the experience they had. They had great reviews from this person. Each and every one of the wonderful customers service sales people were so positive, informative and helpful. They seemed to have known a lot of information on different vehicles and they were very awesome at answering all of the many questions I had for them. They sometimes take a lot of time though and it seems they have other priorities. And they are not the best at communicating back to me.

La Mesa RV expert review by Sharee Collier

La Mesa RV is a marketplace for used and new RVs. La Mesa began as a simple RV dealership in La Mesa, California, in 1972. It has since moved its headquarters to San Diego and expanded with dealerships in Florida, Arizona and New Mexico.

• Stock variety: La Mesa RV sells products from numerous brands, including Winnebago, Fleetwood, Hummer and more. La Mesa sells RVs and trailers of all classes.

• Rotating sales: La Mesa RV hosts rotating sales for the RVs they have in stock. If you don’t mind waiting for a good price, keeping an eye on these sales will save you some money.

• Trade-in: If you currently have an RV you want to sell, La Mesa will appraise it for you. They will either offer you a cash deal or trade-in credit toward one of their RVs.

• Preowned sales: La Mesa RV also sells preowned vehicles in addition to their new stock. Preowned inventory is subject to change, so you’ll want to check their listings regularly.

• Full service center: La Mesa RV’s locations have full service centers. If you need to repair your RV, you can schedule an appointment with a technician online.

• Best for: people who want to find good deals on new and used RVs and people who want to sell or trade in their current RVs.

Profile picture of Sharee Collier
Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Expert

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

La Mesa RV Company Information