3.3/5 (119 ratings)

About La Mesa RV

La Mesa RV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?

Original review: April 27, 2022

My Husband and I purchased our first used motor home March 24th. 2022. We shopped around at other places and even thought of purchasing from a individual. After looking around we decided to go with Lamesa RV for many reasons. One is they offered a check out of used units and no other place we went offered this. We felt more at ease because at least we would know if there was any problem with it and how to address it. When you purchase from a individual you have no clue what your getting. Other companies sell as is with no check out unless you want to pay for some other guy that doesn't work for them to check it out.

Lamesa did a awesome job. There were a few small issues but we found them and they fixed them. We have been camping since and only needed batteries. Lamesa RV crew was very nice and went out of their way to help us enjoy our new / used Couch. I would highly recommend them. They give you a checklist, information and really help new camper owners, no one else does this that I found. Very happy camper in Fort Myers, FL. Lamesa RV.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

From Austin ** to our salesman Tim **, we felt supported and informed. Tim was quick to respond to texts, which we greatly appreciated. At delivery, it was great to see the entire team come out and introduce themselves to us. Marc ** was a great help too, in getting us to know our new RV… We will definitely let everyone know how great La Mesa RV was to us.

Get buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

Today I visited La Mesa RV in Sanford Florida, My salesman name was Max. He was very informative, call mom professional and customer friendly, I did not purchase today but when I return I will ask for Max and I would advise you to do the same, thanks Max

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

My wife and I just purchased a 2022 Thor Magnitude XG32 and our salesperson was John ** at the West Sacramento La Mesa RV store. He was very knowledgeable about the Super C we purchased and a very upstanding gentleman. Don’t know if we would have purchased the coach without his assistance. From day 1 to picking up the coach he was always there to assist us in whatever we needed or questions answered. If you are thinking of buying or just want to window shop ask for John **. You will be pleased.

Original review: April 20, 2022

STAY AWAY! La Mesa Port St Lucie was horrible to us. We ordered a new 2022 Class A diesel pusher and they could care less about us, just our money. Sales Rep (Bob **), Manager (Dallas ** & Scott **) & Finance (Lourdes ** & Jaxon **) were unprofessional and disrespectful. After ordering our coach with Bob **, Bob refused to return our phone calls, emails or texts during the 4-month order process. Our ‘7hr pickup’ on delivery day (Dec ’21) was a result of miscommunication and lack of organization. We had our own financing, but somehow Lourdes ** & Jaxon ** allowed our 3hr delivery turn into a 7hr delay for their misplacing our funding (wire).

We addressed our poor delivery experience via their online survey, which resulted in a phone call from regional manager (Brian **) and national customer relations manager (Jay **). LA Mesa RV does NOT care about their customers, at least not us. Nothing but silence from Port St Lucie, Region & Corporate. Can elaborate much more in private. STAY FAR AWAY FROM BOB **, DALLAS **, LOURDES **, JAXON **, SCOTT **, BRIAN ** & JAY **. We are still waiting for a remedy to their negligence, and something as simple as a PROMISED $30 lunch reimbursement “for the inconvenience” is too much for them to acknowledge. PATHETIC.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I have been working with the Service Department at the Pheonix La Mesa RV Center for over 6 months trying to get some basic warrant items repaired on my 2022 Thor Chateau 27R. The service department representative that I have will not return a phone call. He will not provide status information or follow up on items. I have talked with the Customer Service Representative who has helped to get some forward movement a few times but as soon as the ball is back with the service rep all communications stops. Just a call back and a status on progress would be very helpful. I have left voice messages and sent emails to the service department manage who has never contacted me.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I have a long history providing customer service in my business dealings and the service that I have received from La Mesa RV is ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFETIME (Over 50+yrs old). Upon my purchase, the walk through person damaged my new $86,000 trailer in May 2021. They promised to order the parts to repair the trailer and as of today, I still do not have the repair parts. When you buy a trailer, they are supposed to do a 30 day service call to make sure everything is working right and I had to pay to have their mobile service to come out and trouble shoot my trailer and do the 30 day back in Dec. Jan, Feb and March, still no feedback as to my parts, all I get is voice mail when I call in.

I finally threatened legal action with the person that answers the phone, if I am not taken care of. Then someone finally called me back. They said they would call me back to get me on the schedule and a week and a half later, still no call. I have called and have now left 2 voicemails w/ no response. Would anyone else like to start a lawsuit with these guys? Worst experience EVER. 3/3/22.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Fraudulent Company Alert. LaMesa RV. I write this as the ink on the loan isn’t even dry. Upon arriving to take acceptance of my new RV it was plugged into shore power, after accepting the RV and being escorted inside to sign the paperwork. The RV was brought around front for me to take home. Upon taking the RV home I discovered the electrical system does not work at all.

After calling the dealership they refused to give me an answer, so I decided to bring the RV back on the same day as it was purchased, once they had it back they took it to the service department and after an hour told me they could not fix the problem today. As I am an out of state costumer I asked for the deal to be canceled. They then flat out refused. Be warned that if you purchase from this dealership they will cover up problems to trap you in a purchase. They are doing this knowingly to a military member. Beware of this organization. Upon getting a lawyer involved it was learned that they also were defrauding customers through their warranties they are attaching to the sales of their RVs.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

DO NOT TRUST THEM! Dishonest company, incompetent, dealing with Jay **. Do not trust them with your vehicle! Caused $20,000 in damages to our vehicle and offered $4,000. I would rate ZERO Stars if allowed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

We bought a used 2014 Winnebago 31’. Some issues we were told would be fixed no problem. After three days of having our camper we brought it back for issues to be fixed. Approximately 1 month in the shop problems were not fixed. Our windshield wiper on driver's side came completely off while driving in rain storm. Long story short. Bottom draw under stove didn’t work. Interior light doesn’t work. Back brake light doesn’t work. Right head light lens very dull. Cable tv doesn’t work at hook up. Exhaust extension pipe fell off. Missing cushion for dinette area.

I asked about side cameras, I was told and additional $1,400 I bought and installed for $330. Sales people promised everything. Even if you get stuff in writing they make excuses not to fix. Then they wanted to charge us for a service call to look at issues they said they were going to fix. We are fixing everything ourselves and not going back for anything. Tired of smiles and hand shakes and issues still exist. So we will find a place to service our RV that is credible. And when it comes time to buy a new one (bought used one to see if we liked it, and we do love camping) we will not even consider La Mesa.

La Mesa RV author review by Sharee Collier

La Mesa RV is a marketplace for used and new RVs. La Mesa RV began as a simple RV dealership in La Mesa, California, in 1972. It has since moved its headquarters to San Diego and expanded, with dealerships in Florida, Arizona and New Mexico.

by Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Advisor

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

La Mesa RV Company Information