3.8/5 (372 ratings)

About La Mesa RV

La Mesa RV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La Mesa RV?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

My wife and I visited the showroom on a Sunday afternoon and decided that we would wait to purchase. Over the following weeks and month we received emails about rv’s and finally I contacted the internet office and explained exactly what we were looking for, then we were contacted about a used rv that we might be interested in so went back to showroom and were taken to a 2017 Airstream on a Sprinter frame.

It was clear upon approaching the unit that it had not been cleaned inside or out, the salesman explained that it had just arrived on the lot and not been cleaned but that being cleaned it would look great. While looking inside the unit I found that the toilet seat was broken and told the salesman. We loved the unit and the price was within our budget so we were directed to the finance office and started the paperwork. Later we were told that we could pick the unit up on Sunday, that a fan motor for the air conditioner had been ordered. We were attempting to make plans with our family out of state for the first week of the month and requested that if possible we could take possession Thursday which they agreed to.

During the walk-thru and orientation the step at the sliding door would not work, we were told that a replacement would be ordered and the curtain on the driver’s side rear window was programmed reversed, up was down and down was up however it would be corrected. The unit had been cleaned inside and out, all tanks were full, water, propane and diesel, we left for our family obligation in our new/used Airstream with a broken toilet seat. With a full 5 year warranty on the unit.

While out of state we received a phone call from the service department and were told that the earliest we could get the unit in for any repairs was October 11, 6 weeks after taking possession. The appointment was for the step and curtain, I explained to the lady the other problems we were having. The broken toilet seat, the ac fan, the sewage hose leaks and that the hose would not retract, at this point we were told that our problems would be noted and evaluated after we dropped it off. The lady agreed that we could drop the unit off on October 10, at 3:00 pm to be serviced the next day for 2 items only, the other items would be evaluated at that time.

After returning from our trip we received an email from Robert ** which read that he had confirmed with the delivery coordinator three items and “yes the fan motor on was order with an estimated ETA of 9/30, someone will be in touch with me as soon as it arrives.” This is the second motor home we have bought from La Meza. We had service problems with them on the other unit, time delays, waiting to evaluate our complaints before doing anything to correct the problem. It was our hope that things had gotten better but it appears that nothing has changed.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I purchased an RV from the La Mesa (Mesa AZ location) in April 2022. We live in KY but were having trouble finding the RV we wanted, so instituted a nation-wide search. La Mesa had what we wanted and the price was within the parameters of our expectations. So we purchased the RV, flew to Mesa AZ, and drove the RV back to KY.

The RV is stored in a covered parking area at my home, and was not exposed to rain until recently, when I encountered a rain storm on a camping trip. So 5 months after purchasing a 'brand new' Winnebago Travato, I learned that I have a roof leak. I called Winnebago to ask them if warranty work could be performed by a mobile RV service provider near me. They advised that the selling dealership could sublet the warranty work and suggested that I contact them to discuss the problem.

After 3 phone calls with 3 different people at La Mesa RV, the final message from them is that a roof leak is not likely covered under the warranty, which is absurd. They also said that they could not sublet warranty work on an RV that they sold. Additionally, they told me that Winnebago is ultimately responsible for the warranty. It seems that the warranty is a hot potato. I'm taking the RV to an authorized Winnebago service center located within a reasonable drive from my house, so hopefully all will be resolved soon. That said, La Mesa RV was of absolutely no help with this after-purchase issue.

Get buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Attended an RV show in Phoenix, salesman at the show was AWESOME, professional and personable. After handing the cashier's check to LaMesa 2 weeks later when it was ready we took delivery. That when it all went to **. Sales team was great, delivery and sales awful!! Right off the lot the LaMesa response to issues is, "It's the manufacturer's problem, we just sell it!!" In short they do not back the product they sell and they have no problem admitting that. Multiple issues in the first 10 miles and a battle to get them fixed, to this day the manager of the service department still has not returned my call as I have requested. Bottom line, if you are looking for an RV make sure your dealer is prepared to back their product!!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Purchased a new 2023 Thor Tellaro from LaMesa RV Fort Myers, Fl. location. We were truly misled by the salesman, not sure it was intentionally or he was not trained, although he did say he worked there for six years. This was not our first rv purchase, we have been rving for over 35 years and have purchased a number of rv's. This particular rv has a master volt auxiliary battery system, not a standard generator. We had no knowledge of this type of system but the salesman assured us that this system was the newest and greatest and that it is proven to be dependable. What he failed to tell us is that the system will not stay charged when using the rear air conditioning or appliances in the back, the batteries lose charge in a short period of time, in our case less than 2 hours, unless you keep the vehicle running or you are hooked up to shore power, Had we been told this during the sales process we would have chosen another model.

We tried to discuss the problem with the LaMesa customer service who directed us to call Thor, the manufacturer directly who then was no help other than to tell us to call master volt directly who after several attempts could not get hold of anyone. After several weeks of back and forth which was ridiculous, we finally were able to get a service appointment at a dealer, with no help from any of the parties mentioned above. The dealer who is a authorized Thor repair center confirmed that the system is just not good and the operation of the batteries are limited.

We understand that LaMesa is the dealer, not the manufacturer, but as the purchaser we should be able to get answers and help from the dealer not get a run around. With all the rvs we have purchased throughout the years and different dealers we dealt with LaMesa has certainly been the worst. I am not one who writes reviews, but I really have to let people know that the experience with the whole LaMesa organization has been awful. We haven't decided what to do next.

Original review: June 5, 2022

UPDATED 06/14/2022: So never heard from anyone at La Mesa - called David, manager at dealership-had to remind him who I was and when he remembered he said he talked to his VP and was told basically too bad, you bought a used RV and it was fine when it left the showroom - that is just part of RVing. Told him he sold me a lemon. He said it is not a lemon and I can talk to their legal team. I asked how I can get ahold of their legal team and he said they will call and hung up on me obviously not holding my breath. So I am out about $2,000 thanks to La Mesa RV.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: There were issues with our Fleetwood Bounder and we gave a list to the sales rep. They kept the RV for a long time and then said everything was fixed. We went on 2 short weekend trips. Found a broken speaker, broker window, weather striping- was to be fixed. We could deal with everything we found and my husband got a service appointment. So we took a trip cross country since everything wrong was minor. By the first day front room slide would not go in all the way and by the second day the 2nd key hole got stuck. We are currently sitting in Wyoming waiting for good Sam. I called Le Mesa and of course cannot get ahold of anyone.

Be careful buying a RV here. Well Chris from La Mesa called back- so surprised. He gave us some info to hopefully fix the slide. Really no help with the lock so remember the broken window my husband got it open and is now crawling in the window. So as of yesterday from bad to worse- RV would not start at all!!! La Mesa was no help. We had to call our own mobile mechanic, pay $200 to get the RV going two doors down to a Ford Dealer, get a hotel room for the night, and rented a Uhaul to get everything out of the RV since it will be a few days until Ford can even look at it.

I called the dealer, spoke to the guy, Brandon, who sold us the RV and he said he can do nothing-so if they say they are there for you do not believe them. If you call for any reason they just send you to service. Finally got ahold of the service manager and basically was told call the warranty company. I would caution anyone from buying at Le Mesa RV and do not believe anything they tell you. Agree with most of these posts- they just want to sell you the RV and after that fend for yourself. I would give the minus stars if this review would let me. Oh and there were poor ratings on here the other day which seemed to have disappeared since- very interesting.

To add to the story it is now 6/5/22- the warranty company was fantastic and paid for some of the finances we were out, but very minimal. I have talked to David at Sacramento La Mesa- who guaranteed me he would talk to the VP and get back to me. It has been over a week and never heard a thing. So I went onto the La Mesa website and chatted with a customer service rep who assures me that someone will get in touch with me- I will believe it when I see it. So still out $1915.62 and our RV is still in Nevada. As I said before do not buy a RV from La Mesa -they just want to sell you the RV and after that fend for yourself. I have decided to warn everyone I can against La Mesa RV so will be posting this on several sites until it gets settled and I am contacting the better business bureau. Will keep you all posted.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I would never purchase an RV from La Mesa RV, EVER!! I would highly discourage anyone from going through what we have experienced. Once you sign on the dotted line and drive out the door, they wash their hands of you. Customer service is non-existent. They do not return phone calls, nor do they return emails. You cannot get an appointment for warranty repairs for a minimum of three months and then they will only fix ten items per visit (I have a list of nearly 30 items—AND THIS IS FOR A BRAND NEW RV). That is a real pain since I must travel 300+ miles (over $500 in gas alone) to their service center, and they do not have any partnerships with other dealers who may be closer.

They refuse to do any warranty related engine or chassis work and will not make arrangements with Ford. They sold me this brand-new class A motorhome, but I need to waste my time looking for and traveling all over California to get warranty repairs done. Why do I need to that? I even paid extra to have mobile service only to find out I am not in a covered mobile service area. Who does that? They are a complete joke. Stay away from them. Far, far away!!! La Mesa RV Jayco Ford Motor Company #lamesarv #jaycorv #fordmotorcompany

Original review: May 28, 2022

La Mesa RV in Albuquerque has the worst customer service! They happily take your money when you’re buying a new RV but don’t fix issues under warranty and treat you like crap when you ask them to do so. Their service desk receptionist, Mauri/Mari/Marie is rude and un-accommodating. She should be cleaning their toilets instead of interacting with their customers. It would be a much better fit for her and her lack of customer service skills. The service rep never answers your calls so you have to leave a message. You’re lucky to get a call back.

We bought a 2021 Integra Escalade Super C in February 2021. A year and 3 months later still have warranty issues not fixed after taking it in 3 times. Floor was torn up for a year and finally had to get it fixed by another company. Still waiting to get our $300 reimbursement for that. This last time they had it for two months and finally fixed two vents. Door is still not fixed and trim moulding isn’t either. They don’t do what they say and always have an excuse for not doing their job. This is our 5th RV but our first from La Mesa RV Albuquerque and I would not recommend them. I would avoid them at all costs, you’ll be glad you did! Buyer beware, you’ve been warned.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I purchased a Winnebago in the Summer of 2019 and I am still waiting for important parts from initial walkthrough. I waited 2 years for them to fix my refrigerator. They lied to me for over a year about ordering parts. STAY AWAY.

Original review: April 27, 2022

My Husband and I purchased our first used motor home March 24th. 2022. We shopped around at other places and even thought of purchasing from a individual. After looking around we decided to go with Lamesa RV for many reasons. One is they offered a check out of used units and no other place we went offered this. We felt more at ease because at least we would know if there was any problem with it and how to address it. When you purchase from a individual you have no clue what your getting. Other companies sell as is with no check out unless you want to pay for some other guy that doesn't work for them to check it out.

Lamesa did a awesome job. There were a few small issues but we found them and they fixed them. We have been camping since and only needed batteries. Lamesa RV crew was very nice and went out of their way to help us enjoy our new / used Couch. I would highly recommend them. They give you a checklist, information and really help new camper owners, no one else does this that I found. Very happy camper in Fort Myers, FL. Lamesa RV.

Original review: April 20, 2022

STAY AWAY! La Mesa Port St Lucie was horrible to us. We ordered a new 2022 Class A diesel pusher and they could care less about us, just our money. Sales Rep (Bob **), Manager (Dallas ** & Scott **) & Finance (Lourdes ** & Jaxon **) were unprofessional and disrespectful. After ordering our coach with Bob **, Bob refused to return our phone calls, emails or texts during the 4-month order process. Our ‘7hr pickup’ on delivery day (Dec ’21) was a result of miscommunication and lack of organization. We had our own financing, but somehow Lourdes ** & Jaxon ** allowed our 3hr delivery turn into a 7hr delay for their misplacing our funding (wire).

We addressed our poor delivery experience via their online survey, which resulted in a phone call from regional manager (Brian **) and national customer relations manager (Jay **). LA Mesa RV does NOT care about their customers, at least not us. Nothing but silence from Port St Lucie, Region & Corporate. Can elaborate much more in private. STAY FAR AWAY FROM BOB **, DALLAS **, LOURDES **, JAXON **, SCOTT **, BRIAN ** & JAY **. We are still waiting for a remedy to their negligence, and something as simple as a PROMISED $30 lunch reimbursement “for the inconvenience” is too much for them to acknowledge. PATHETIC.

La Mesa RV author review by Sharee Collier

La Mesa RV is a marketplace for used and new RVs. La Mesa RV began as a simple RV dealership in La Mesa, California, in 1972. It has since moved its headquarters to San Diego and expanded, with dealerships in Florida, Arizona and New Mexico.

by Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Advisor

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

La Mesa RV Company Information