This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
RVshare is an RV rental marketplace with inventory that ranges from simple pop-ups to luxury campers. You can use the RV sharing app to find motorhomes that accommodate up to 10 people. Towable, drivable and pet-friendly accommodations are available.
How does RVshare work?
RVshare uses Instant Book to connect owners and renters.
- For RV renters: If you want to rent an RV, start by browsing through your options. You can filter searches by price, features, reviews and more. Once you find an RV you like, you can reserve it instantly through Instant Book.
- For RV owners: If you already own an RV and want to rent it, you can submit a listing with photos of the interior and exterior and a written description. You can also control how much lead time you have between requests and rental dates and set minimum or maximum trip lengths.
RVshare fees for renters vary, but here is a list of fees you may be charged:
- Administrative fee: The renter must pay a 15% administrative fee.
- Service fee: RVshare charges a service fee based on a percentage of the rental cost. This fee is included in the renter’s first payment and covers the cost of booking plus roadside assistance. The rate varies by booking.
- Post-trip fees: Post-trip fees are at the RV owner’s discretion. Amounts vary, but post-trip fees are generally intended to cover cleaning, dumping and refueling. Additional fees apply if the RV is late, you brought a pet or abandoned the vehicle. According to RVshare, post-trip charges vary depending on rental circumstances. The owner must list fees on the return form.
- Optional fees: Some RVs have optional fees for if you want amenities such as satellite TV or a kitchen supply package, for example.
- How much does RVshare charge?
- Owners on RVshare typically charge between $100 and $400 per night for rentals. As of the publishing date, rentals on RVshare start at $89 per night. On the high end, some people charge as much as $1,000 per night for luxury motorhomes. Most rental options fall somewhere in between.
- What percentage does RVshare take?
- RVShare typically takes between 10% and 25% of the rental rate.
- Is RVshare reliable?
- RVshare appears to be a reliable company. All bookings include 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Can you make money with RVshare?
- Yes, you can make money with RVshare. According to the company, it’s free to list and you can earn up to $40,000 per year.
- What is RVshare’s cancellation policy?
- Renters get a full refund if they cancel at least 30 days before the planned trip, minus service fees. RVshare lets owners further customize what cancellation policy they want. Options are flexible, standard and strict.
- Flexible: Renters get a 50% refund if they cancel immediately before the trip.
- Standard: Renters get a 50% refund if they cancel between 29 and 14 days before the reservation. Cancellations made within 14 days are nonrefundable.
- Strict: Booking is nonrefundable if cancellation is made within 30 days of rental reservation.
- What is RVshare insurance?
- RVshare insurance is intended to protect owners and renters. For owners, coverage is available for free during rental periods. Standard plans cover up to $1 million in liability coverage and up to $200,000 in comprehensive and collision coverage. They also provide 24/7 roadside assistance and free towing.
Renters have an opportunity to pay for insurance coverage at the time of booking. Standard insurance also covers up to $200,000 in comprehensive and collision damage, roadside assistance and free towing.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,432,734 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I had a terrible experience with RVShare and will never use them ever again. In April 2021 we booked an RV for rental in July 2021 and paid the 50% deposit. As we approached the date of our Trip, RV Share took the remaining 50% from our credit card and we had a few courteous exchanges with the owner regarding a meeting place and time for pick up. We drove one hour out of town to meet the owner and pick up the rental. As we arrived at the gate of the RV storage facility as directed by the owner we were met by a closed gated. We then received a call from the owner telling us that we could not get the RV because there was a technical issue with it. He said it was smoking and would not start (which is suspicious as how can it smoke if it does not start...)
He told us to go back home and talk to RV Share. We did reach out to the company for alternatives. We were offered two RVs not for that day but for the following day, the RVs were smaller, older and substantially more expensive than the one we had booked originally. After some haggling we got our money back but our vacation was in shambles. Luckily we reach out to regular RV Rental companies and were on our way the next day with an RV from El Monte at a price comparable to what we had with RV Share.
I expected to be able to leave the owner a negative review but after talking to RV Share I was told that because the reservation had been cancelled (by the owner) there was no way we could leave a review. This is their exact reply: "I'm really sorry to tell you that Myriam, however, if the reservation is not completed the renter can't post a review. In order to post a review, the reservation must be completed and the status should be rental completed."
The bottom line is that you have zero protection when you rent through RV Share, even when you have paid 100% of the rental you can be left stranded and the company has no obligation to match the price you have paid and the travel dates you have booked. To make matters worse they protect unscrupulous owners preventing you from leaving feedback even though they know you have been screwed. When we rented from El Monte they had lots of identical RVs on the lot and in the event of a technical issue they would have put us in an alternative vehicle right away. Why on earth would I trust RV Share ever again.
RVshare Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.