3.76/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

coachmenrv.com

96 Coachmen RV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 4, 2018

Coachmen had the best options for space and comfort plus tech. It is important for space and function with my RV with technology because my family and I need space in our RV. Family of 6 and 2 cats is a lot for an RV.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Coachmen RVs are high quality in craftsmanship and beauty compared to some manufacturers. Their prices are wide ranging and very reasonable considering their long heritage as an RV manufacturer. I like the color selections they use for the interior. They also have well appointed layouts for their RVs. They are all over the country and easy to reach for service. I also like the customer representatives, they are always professional. The only thing would be is some of the color schemes are not available in all lengths of their RV line. But they have more to like than most RV manufacturers.

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Coachmen RV is an awesome product to buy. Good quality and a very good price too. I love the product. It's a nice thing to have and has a lot of room too for your belongings. The manufacture is wonderful. Go to the right store to purchase it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

They're good quality stuff, built well and with good components and hold up good and travel good along with the name reminiscing memories of fun times camping at spectacular places. I hope they'd offer more add-ons as standards though and start including solar and batteries and offer all solar capable or 50 amp plug in, offer a fifth wheel with 2 access solar panels and batteries ready to be off grid. Less troubles than others but basics good though and should keep up the good work and always go with how they're doing as it's working out well for them.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I bought an older RV (2000) from a dealer that 1st go to answer is to lie to your face, But that is another issue. I have emailed Coachmen twice about issues. The 1st time they said they could not help as they only have items on hand for 4 years. The 2nd time they were going to look and see if they could find the as builts (my term for what they said). 3 months later with 5 follow up emails and still nothing. Their support team could have a career as salesmen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coachmen RV?

Original review: May 27, 2018

All manufacturers provide basically the same thing... an RV with the basic amenities. But, Coachmen is a name you can trust. I would refer anyone and everyone to go with Coachmen. Coachman has that additional touch of class. You can say with pride that your RV is a Coachmen! The interior was a class act. Colors were muted and relaxing to look at. Well-placed components. From a man's point of view, the engine's components were well-placed and easy to access. But it would be great if the company would create a rental service to provide Coachmen Class As and Cs for those who would like to experience the joys of RV-ing before they buy! And how wonderful it would be to find that rental center and/or a manufacturing center in the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze, FL area. Lots of military families and retirees to form their work base!

Original review: May 26, 2018

The Coachmen that I have is older, about 12 yrs or so now, but compared to other peoples RV's that are newer (5yrs olds, 6yrs olds) their RV's are already falling apart and mine is not. AZ sun can be brutal but mine has held up and still going strong. The interior is nice, not too over the top, but not too crappy either. It was a nice RV as far as comfort, updated, nice interior, a lot of bells and whistles without the higher price tag. However, the bedrooms need to be bigger/more walk around and/or closet space. The master bedroom can sometimes just be a little cramped but for an RV it's ok. But it would be cool if the master bedroom had 2 pop outs instead of only 1, that way it makes it a little roomier, a little more homier, and much more comfortable.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Coachmen RV manufactures several different types of RV campers. Coachmen have some of the best prices on RVs and camper models. We have used Coachmen in the past and have been satisfied with their products. The coachmen RVs and campers have some of the best designed RVs and campers.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Coachmen is a brand I trust - in business for over 50 years. Provides adventure, freedom, flexibility, reliability, safety & security. I like the Coachmen RV exactly how it is. It has always been a pleasurable experience in camping and look forward to going every weekend. My family has always had a Coachmen for years. I would never shop for anything else.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I like the strong sturdy RV that is reliable and has the torque of a engine that can flow and get higher in the hills of a mountains. I truly like the toughness of the RV that can override on any surface whatsoever though rough and smooth floors. It has to be made from the United States or Japanese cause it has to be great technology source for me to trust them more and more. I want the best and the only RV manufacturer from a well known brand cause I want the best greatest performing engine and torque of an RV. I want everything from great styling to interior of the RV and also a nice comfort and gas mileage of the RV. If it is a independent source brand I have to think about it for sure cause it can probably not last that long.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Brand new RV and the vent cover for the bathroom was already baked & brittle! Continued problems with plumbing and water damage. The rear cargo hatch, the finger lock does not even engage! The generator has 1000 hours on it, yet brand new? Emailed their support and their support told me to take the thing back to the dealer. Hey stupid! It is a motorhome, and I'm not near where I bought it! The sink spout and handles are cheesy plastic. The toilet leaked and had to fix it. The water heater leaked and had to fix it.

The dealer seemed to know his head from the behind for my solar and discovered, nope, they didn't. Running the microwave for 30 seconds drains the battery. So now I have to redesign the whole thing, which defeats the whole purpose of the dealer to install. Of course, "go power" should be smart enough to pull only the power it needs to supplement the battery/solar system while plugged in, but that is not coachmen's fault. Next time, I will buy a winny!

Original review: May 8, 2018

There are many things to like about it. The driving is really nice and the room in the back has enough room. The bed is nice the fridge is awesome. Plus the bathroom is enough for you to be able to deal with and the seating is just right. The price was out of this world crazy but that is for all RVs. The overall experience I had was excellent. I would deal with them guys any day of the week. They were amazing with getting me into what I wanted to get into and they were nice and humble with every process of the deal.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Great RV. It had great reviews, trustworthy company. They were great to deal with and we were very impressed by them. Other companies were rude to talk to or short with us. We had a very good experience with this company and had no issues whatsoever.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have owned my Coachmen RV for the last 5 years and it's perfect, never had any issues and customer support couldn't be better. The thing I like most is the spaciousness of it. I never have to walk around someone to get where I'm going. The slide-outs on my RV are done very well. My overall experience with Coachmen outweighs the experience of every other RV manufacturer out there. Very friendly salesman and very nice customer support.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We love our coach and every one that saw it want to buy one. It look really great and it had a great paint job on the outside. We had a great kitchen, good beds, and refrigerator. We had a great outdoor space and kitchen space and great storage. Bathroom was good but it would have been better if we had two. We got great gas mileage and it was easy to drive and it was great to tailgate at our football games. We love the big chairs in front. It was comfortable to be sitting a long time.

However, the RV was not design very good. We also wanted bigger kitchen table and a microwave oven. So, make sure you make a list of must haves like tv outside so you can watch all the games, outdoor space, a big kitchen table, a microwave oven, 2 bathrooms, a sink and a fridge outside, and to tailgate. Also, how many sleeping. It's like buying a house. Nevertheless, we got a great deal on the Coachmen RV, below manufacture sale price. People would ask us about how much we paid for it and they want to see the inside of it. All in all we were very happy and proud to have own it. It has brought the family a lot closer together.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have bought a 2014 Thor Hurricane from Motor Home Spec, and a 2018 Coachmen Lep (3111FS) from the same dealership, and I can say do not buy from these people. They say the are the biggest in the world maybe but for service they are not, as they lie to you and don't do any warranty work. On my 2018 Coachmen the slide motor went out, the washer did not work, the water heater did not work, the floor leaks, and these are some of the things they tell me. I had put too much weight on my slide and burned out my motor for which I had to take to another dealer to get fixed.

The second was the washer as I bought this motorhome in Dec 2017, and we took a trip in it and lived in it but when we went to use the washer, water went everywhere as it had a frozen water inlet valve broken now. This is in the inside of the motorhome where the temp was 74 degrees, and could not freeze but they told me I did not winterization my motorhome. I said, "How do you do that when you live in it." I could go on and on but don't buy from them as they only want your money and could care less about you. As for water on the floor poor workmanship in cheap plywood floors, you don't get any calls from them and when you do set up an appointment and when you show up they tell you it will take another three weeks to get started. So you wait for 3 weeks to get a appointment and then another 3 weeks before they start work on it and then take a month to repair nothing.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Some things I really like about Coachmen is their salespeople's ability to persuade me into buying anything. They could easily persuade me into buying an old, smelly shoe if they wanted to. They're just that good. They are absolutely perfect. Overall, my experience with Coachmen was flawless. Couldn't have asked for a better travel trailer or for a better brand.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Did a lot of online research. Compared a lot of brands, used Google searches and visited specific websites to read consumer reviews, compare quality and specifications and determine which one was right for me. Coachmen has great customer service and they're proud of their products and guarantee them. You really feel like they've put a lot of time and effort into perfecting it, giving you value, and that you're getting a high quality vehicle.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Coachmen RV is a quality brand name, but yet not too expensive. They hold up well and also have a good resale value, which is important to me. In general, I think all manufacturers need to branch out. All RVs kind of look the same and have the same features. They need to develop something that will stand out. I chose this manufacturer due to their good reputation and everything has worked as it was supposed to. I have gotten many compliments on our RV.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I usually dread having to buy anything like RVs and automobile because I know very little about it and wonder if I am getting ripped off. But this time I came away feeling like I got a good deal and a lot more informed than when I first starting looking for an RV to purchase. I like that they have many RVs to choose from and that the salespeople are incredibly helpful but not pressuring and were more than willing to answer any questions that I had. I like all the types of RVs and I like the fact that the RVs are affordable and I was able to find exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My $100K 2013 Coachman Pursuit - I can't express my hatred for this RV enough, it is so poorly made, it's like buying a half million dollar house in Hawaii!! Cheap parts, poor workmanship and still have not been on a trip without something needing fixed and this is all at under $6K miles. My toilet has yet to go a trip w/out clogging, the poor design causes it to clog every flipping trip, so annoying, and yes this includes the proper toilet paper and no #2's in toilet at all!!! I have yet to have a trip w/ constant hot water, a kitchen drawer that doesn't come out on every turn. I at this point would take a huge loss just to get rid of this piece of junk on wheels. This RV has been in to be fixed 6 times! I just ask do your research and test everything out before buying a POS like this one.

Original review: April 3, 2018

2014 M331-MKS Coachmen Chaparral Signature 5ver: After having our Coachmen Chaparral 5th wheel for a while now I would like to review the good and bad that we have found in the 5th Wheel. First off it must be understood that a 5th Wheel is the sum of parts from several manufacturers install on a manufacturer's base system. Some complaints are with the components and the only blame of Coachmen's is they didn't find a better Quality system to install on their unit.

Now for the bad. The awnings systems installed on most mid range RV will not stand up to the wind force that can be produced by an asthmatic field mouse blowing through a straw when in the open position and they can easily blow off the RV when in the retracted position at highway speeds. After having our awning fold up like a mangled pile of pickup sticks we replaced it with a 14 foot patio umbrella and stand. I like it better than an awning. The wife would like it in addition to the awning. The choice is yours. The next bad is the paint system used on the nose cone of the RV. I believe in is integrated into the fiberglass and they have a tendency to fade. We have clayed bar the cap once a year ago with good results but it is fading again. I will use a top quality automotive wax after bringing back the shine this time to see if we can get a longer period without fading.

Bad number three, the plumbing fixtures. Fixtures in the restroom are plastic junk. The faucet it the show cracked above the mixing portion of the valve which caused a bad leak when the shower was on. The water ran down the inside of the interior wall and flooded the storage bay. We use covered bins in the storage locker so clean up wasn't too bad and everything dried up without any mold. The Fourth Bad - The vinyl floor is thin and of bad quality. The slides will make a two inch cut into the vinyl. I epoxied the area but every time I walk on it barefooted I remember the cheapness of products installed in RVs. Number 5 of the bad, is the China Bomb tires still installed on many RV's. I don't care if I had to pay $200 at the time of purchase to have American made quality tires installed.

These are the basic list of bad we have found. It also should be noted that the RV is built to a price point and better interior paneling is available but to install it would cost much more so I can easily live with what is used. I also wish the microwave mounting area was large enough to install a convection microwave but it isn't an option.

Now a few of the really good items. Number one, the 90 degree turning radius nose cone complete with bullseye hookup light. We haven't had to use our sliding hitch once. We tow with a Dodge Megacab so the bed is shorter than a true long bed. With an addition of a round dot piece of tape on the back window of the truck sighting in when hooking up is a breeze. Good number two - Azdel sealed wall system. the walls do away with delamination. They are very strong and very light. I give them an A plus rating. Good number Three - Opposable rear super slides. This make the 5th wheel feel so very roomy and if you are going to have slides isn't that why? Number four of the good - The amount of interior light fixtures. Because of the dark wood grain interior the lights brighten up the interior perfectly. Of course we installed LED's to let us use these lights while boondocking.

For the 5th and Final Good - The interior setup with its amount of storage and comfort. We like the private bathroom with the very large shower with seat. The under exterior storage is also great. For a 35 foot fifth wheel it feels more like a 40 foot rig. We feel that we have gotten good value for money spent on this fifth wheel and plan on keeping for many more years of enjoyment and memories.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We love our 29 foot Mirada RV but can't understand how Coachmen can include vinyl seats (captains chairs and benches) with vinyl that totally flakes off after 4.5 years. Also, the user manuals are of little help since they are generic and not model/year specific.

Original review: March 27, 2018

They are very, very reputable. The coach is very durable with quality items and products. They have great amenities. You can not go wrong with them. Absolutely the best there is. I have never been stuck from breakdowns or mechanical failure.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Good RVs are the way to go when you like to travel places. It wouldn't feel like you left home. Coachmen RV is very good to drive with on the road. It'll get us from point A to B. My great uncle who passed away had one and he basically would live in it. The RV was a Chevy Astro. One of a kind built in tv for the road. It was very comfortable. I would buy one for future reference. It'll bring back so much memories of me and my great uncle.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I love RVing. It's a part of my life and a very big part of who I am. I chose Coachmen RV over all others because, even given their relatively high prices, they are known for providing high end, excellent quality products. I remember my great great grandfather using this company and he swore by them so I guess that I can do the exact same thing with no complaints. This company is great for me. I like their diversity of available RVing products. They do not force me to purchase any one specific type of RV but instead allow me to customize my appearance on the road by offering a very wide selection of colors and types. The only thing that even remotely comes close to a complaint, and a minor one at that, is their prices. I usually can't afford to go camping or on a road trip after purchasing from them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

We were personally recommended to go see them. It was close by and had the best online reviews. They were also having a sale at the time so it was very good timing. The company is innovative and always at the forefront of technology. They make the most of the small space of RVs, you get the most for your money, they are just absolutely great about everything they endeavor in. But they could use better interior design. They are comfortable but ugly. The color schemes and upholstery is outdated and should go in a more clean minimalist modern design.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been referred many times to Coachmen RV by other owners and always been told this is the best, the most traditional and reliable manufacturer in the business out there. I know others who also have this product and would choose no other. I would prefer better cabinets, bigger bathroom, better counter tops and windows though. But I have had nothing but good experiences with this brand and will continue to use it for now.

Original review: March 20, 2018

My husband and I plus our 2 dogs enjoyed the traveling. The 2009 Class C Leprachaun model was selected because of its unique, pleasing and classy floor plan, and the positive reputation of the Coachmen brand. It was also priced right. I don't know why it was discontinued. My friends also had a Coachmen product and were pleased with it. However the gas mileage of this RV was not very good and the interior color scheme was very bland. Furthermore, a larger refrigerator would have been nice and the curvy sofa should have been curved equally on both sides.

Original review: March 19, 2018

They have one of the largest selections of RV's that I have ever seen from RV to fifth wheel campers motor homes. If you need any parts if they don't have in stock they will the next day. The dealer plays a big role in your ownership and they always get you in on a timely manner if you need maintenance. They have a great customer service and support group. Although there are not enough of them around and you have to travel some distance to get to one from where we live.

Coachmen RV expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Middlebury, Indiana, Coachmen has been developing and manufacturing RVs since 1964. Coachmen became a brand of Forest River, Inc. in 2008. Coachmen has a full range of RVs, including motorhomes, toy haulers, fifth wheels and more.

• Full line of products: Coachmen sells a full range of RVs. Whether you want an all-in-one motorhome or a trailer RV, you’ll find several available in different sizes. See Coachmen’s website for a full product list.

• Catalina Destination Trailer: The Catalina Deluxe Destination is a top-of-the-line trailer RV. The series has six different floor plans to maximize comfort and storage. They are designed for extended vacations.

• Coachmen Quality Program: Coachmen takes pride in its commitment to quality. In the Coachmen Quality Program, dedicated team members carefully inspect their products to make sure your RV meets their quality standards.

• Travel Easy program: You’ll have access to one year of Coachmen’s Travel Easy roadside assistance program. This program includes services like emergency refueling, towing and locksmith service.

• One-year limited warranty: New Coachmen RVs come with a one-year limited warranty for parts. Extra coverage may be available from retailers.

• Best for: New Coachmen RVs come with a one-year limited warranty for parts. Extra coverage may be available from retailers.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Coachmen RV Company Information