Coachmen RV

coachmenrv.com

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We bought a brand new 2015 35 ls. Got it on Wednesday at 5 o'clock. First off the RV salesman is a bold faced liar. This unit was to be cleaned and everything fixed upon delivery. When we got to the dealer that day it was being washed and we could not look at it because it was being washed and we were told it was ready to go and everything was fixed. So we went and did the paperwork then things get dicey with the owner of the RV dealership.

Once we got inside of the RV absolutely nothing was touched. We were so outraged and let down by the dealer and his salesperson Reay. We were absolutely lied to by Reay. He swore up and down that this coach had a lighted strip in the awning, it does not and about everything else that was supposed to be fixed like flooring tiles. refrigerator door. broken and unusable drawer that is under the stove.

Latch for the hood was missing, whoever put it in scratched up the paint right above the latch. Their service department when washing the outside left soap scum and streaks all over it and scratched it in a few more places and left hose marks on it in several places. I waxed it the next day and got off the hose marks. That's when I found more scratches, it was setting in between other coaches when we looked it over outside.

We didn't notice the repainted area by the outside tv compartment then it has to be like 4 shades different. Boy can you notice it, now it stands out. There is off white paint sprayed heavy in the front door frame up high on the left side, why was the door damaged? The tv in bedroom had one latch missing. It was not prepared so that means the tv was swinging back and forth until we noticed it on our trip to hell this weekend in Michigan City. I had to tie it shut.

Drawer in kitchen table kept opening on every turn. Living room slide is not going completely shut behind the drivers seat, squeaks and groans like crazy. The awning on the live slide must have been out all summer, it had a large area where water pooled on it for so long that it was red in color when dry. I think it is stretched out from weight of ice setting on it. They said they had it for 6 months and I think the slide was left out in the winter.

The bedroom slide is tilted in at the top. It's not straight up and down. Even the windows in it look crooked because the top of it is in so far. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, I don't know. It don't look right to me. It flexes the bed so bad when it goes in that it popped the panels off the inside of the cabinets next to the bed on each side. I had to put a few screws in them to hold them in place to make the bed. The radio antenna on top was down so that was beating on the roof the whole way home on Wednesday. Why was this, don't they know it has to be put up.

The TV antenna was glued in place from the sealer that the factory put on it. It ran out during the drying time and stuck it in place. I had to cut it free. The door on the hyd compartment keeps coming open. Leather trim on the table seat has popped off, IMO the trim is to high. Reay is a big guy, he prolly did that with his leg when getting out from behind the table. When you slide out your legs catches the trim, poor engineering and quality through this coach.

My wife took the first shower in it on Saturday. Water was running across the floor over to the toilet. I took off the poorly attached filler strip on bottom of basin to find water dripping from the fitting on drain. I put a towel under it to catch the water for the next few showers. What a joke, toilet paper holder in back bathroom has much of the chrome scratched off it. That was to be replaced too. Shower faucet is loose, tile in half is bad in to places, I see why you get a bunch off tiles with your new coach. Tile in back bath behind toilet is bubbled up. One tile in front of fireplace is sticking up, that was to be fixed.

2 tiles in half bath by sink is bubbled up. Back bathroom blinds are hanging crooked. Them were to be fixed, cig lighter on left side of dash is not working. The big front window shade is not straight, it comes on an angle not straight on top of dash. Gap on one end, keeps coming out of the side tracks. Hole in dashboard from end of shade. It has a metal rod through it with no end caps to protect the dash. I did not see the hole until we got home, not big but it's a hole in the dash. The wide trim in live room has white stuff in the one of the grooves, you notice it when you step up into the coach right in front of you, that was to be fixed.

And the front air conditioner a few times it just shut down for a few seconds and then it like growled or kinda made like a struggling noise and came back to life. it wasn't like the temp was reached and it kicked off. Long scratch on outside tv compartment, that was not there when we looked at it. I am sure the wash bay people did that in their shop. When Reay showed us the coach he pulled out the L shaped couch and tried to get the bottom cushion to stay up and it would not, that was to be fixed also.

This coach was to be all cleaned up and ready. It was just filthy. I made them change the refrigerator bottom door before I left because it had a good size dent in the lower part of it. And adjust the left side of fridge because it was not flush like the hinge side. The trim is all beat up from when it was put in, on the bottom left side from banging it with the fridge. And then it still has a divot on the bottom edge inside of it from the door being closed on something.

They were going to replace the whole fridge but it was 5 o'clock so they just did the door. Never in my life have we had such a rotten experience and being lied to, and where is the factory quality control. At $92.000 my wife and I are just sick with this purchase, we want nothing to do with this dealer. Their last words were bring it if we have a problem and I said I live 100 miles away, that's a 200 mile round trip. Reay said I could "take it to Pontiac RV for service, it is closer to you," and they would have the engine hood shipped there to be put on. Please call me as soon as you can.

We purchased a 14 Coachmen Chaparral 5th Wheel. It was during the winter time. When summer arrived we found the main ac did not cool. We were set up at a RV park. Could not bring it back to the dealership. We had the ac replaced by a mobile repair company. The front of the RV has faded terribly. We were told it was a manufacturer defect in the paint. I was unable to bring it in for over a year as I was working out of town and staying in it. When we brought it in we were told it was a paint defect, however we did not bring it in soon enough. They would not repaint it for us. I am very disappointed in both episodes and especially that they know the paint was defective, but would not warranty it. We will never purchase this product again.

2014 Coachmen 29SE Freedom Express 50th anniversary edition. We bought this brand new. I had always wanted a coachmen. We previously had a new to us ABI Award camper for many years and loved it. Now that manufacture knew what quality was all about. My grandparents had owned Coachmen's and swore by them. When we started looking for a new travel trailer (since ABI is no longer in business); going to Coachmen for quality seemed like a logic choice. How wrong we were! The deadbolt wouldn't release and would no longer take the key, locking my children inside. That was fun.

When we took it to the dealer, they replaced the mechanism with a unit that did not fit our travel trailer and now the door has to be slammed to shut. Letting on that they have ongoing issues with coachmen using faulty latching mechanism and they have been fixing many of them. How ridiculous. They insist that the mismatched unit is what Coachmen sent them. REALLY? Apparently no one has pride in the work they do and throwing whatever the manufacture sent them onto the campers is acceptable business.

The water pump had to be replaced after we notice that there was water leaking from the camper's side. Unknown how long it had been shooting water all over. The area under the bunk was flooded. This was covered by warranty but we were out water during a week long trip to a state park. Very inconvenient. I could go on about the cheap carpeting that is already showing wear when we have only gone on less than 10 trips or the way the staples pull out of the walls all the time, or how the bathroom smells even though we use RV treatments or how flimsy is the cheap floor in the shower but I would be going on forever. Needless to say we will never purchase another Coachmen product again!!!

I had dreamed of actually owning a motorhome since I was a boy, I'm 62 now. And to be honest, it wasn't until recently I was actually able to afford one. I paid cash for my 2016 Coachmen Mirada 35ls. I always joke at the highly overrated MSRP RV dealers post on their units. Mine listed for over $135.000 and "oh boy" I "only" paid $102.000! Cash! I have a race/show car I want to take on tour to various shows and race events, and to me the Coachmen Mirada seems up to the task, and as well I thought a good starting point to introduce myself to the big Class A. The local dealer in my case was San Antonio RV's, to my shame I didn't research them well prior to visiting them. I will do my best to not make this long story too long.

I picked out the model I wanted right away as there were only three units and the other two were smaller. The Mirada 35ls is 36 feet ten inches long and has two bathrooms which is handy. I had never been in a motorhome but for just a few seconds before and man this one looked cool! I bought it, and was told that it would be a few days to get it ready. They said they had to detail it, and go over all the systems to make sure all was ready and right. Doesn't that sound good? Days later, I went to pick it up, and we had some rain the day before. I have never spent over $100.000 on any one thing short of my house and it didn't cost near as much. I actually expected my brand new huge purchase of fun and joy to be sitting there waiting for me to actually see what it's like to drive it! But instead, it was sitting in a huge mud hole with the extensions out and the jacks up, listing to the right.

I had to jump to the steps to stay out of the mud, and when stepped in, the first thing I noticed was water on the floor that has leaked in from the awning that covers the slide out. It was laying loose up there due to the angle the RV was listing at and collected enough water to drown you. I mentioned that it was my understanding that the extensions were not to be extended without the coach being leveled. I got a funny look, then the guy tried to pull in the slides, but the brand new batteries were dead! This I was told happened because somebody left the inverter on and the refrigerator ran till the batteries died. Remember, I was to be picking my new motorhome up after careful detailing and inspections were completed, not hardly! The totally useless and incompetent "salesmen?" was full of lame excuses. Excuses? I said I would try to make this as short as possible so I'll skip ahead.

I did a walk-around of the RV and the best the salesmen could do was point to the doors and tell me it's storage. When we get to the rear he says "there is your trailer hitch." There was no hitch. There was place for one, but nothing there. I then get told there was a factory recall on crappy bolts used at the factory. All they did was take the hitch off the unit next to mine and bolt it on. When asked where my hitch was and why was it not re-installed with the new bolts, again lame excuses! If I had bought a new Mercedes or BMW etc... and it cost over $100.000, you know that you would be taken care of instantly if there were these kind of problems. All my money was 100% good, I expected my brand new RV to be equally good. Nobody else does though.

I had to leave the RV there since things like the cold water faucet in the front bathroom didn't work, due to the line being kinked over. Nobody at the factory noticed it, and nobody at the dealership did either. Great inspection process! The toilet seat came with a broken hinge and it's still that way, nobody noticed it either. The day I again went to pick it up, I'm told now the anti-lock brake system has failed and needs a new module. And I found that the under dash A/C that came with the Ford chassis didn't work. Three agonizing weeks later I finally get the RV. I'm told the clutch on the A/C compressor was bad, really? It's brand new. So they went long and put a new compressor on it. And told me it's good to go. It didn't work at all, just blows hot air like it always has and still does. I tried to put some Freon in it, and the gas leaked out the condenser as fast as I put it in!

The dealer says it's Ford's problem and Ford says it's the dealers since naturally all was perfect when the chassis left Ford. No it's the RV manufacturer that messes up the A/C according to Ford, and Ford hates to work on RV's since they won't fit in most shops. To keep from dying of heat stroke behind the huge windshield in 100 degree Texas heat, I have to run the generator down the road and both A/C's and I still end up sweating enough to soak my shirt back. All of the windows have their seals in the wrong place or have slid out of place due to the total lack of even the most obvious problems being addressed by the "could care less" workers at the factory. Now let's get into that.

After a trip to Tucson and back, I found that when it rained the toilet and floor would be wet in the front bathroom. The sky light in the rear bathroom shower leaks when it rains and the dripping sounds drive you crazy! At least it leaks where there is a drain. The power inverter/converter went out almost all the way. It would no longer charge the batteries, nor run more than one A/C unit, and even then it kept cutting out. I was able to keep the refrigerator working but I had to go outside several times to reset the shot inverter. Trust me, when your new to this stuff, and all alone as well this is some hard crap to deal with. I made it back to Texas. I decided that since my local dealer was of no use then, and made the decision to take my RV to Indiana where it was born straight to Forest River, the company that took over Coachmen years back.

Idea being that I thought they would have all the parts and all the people that really knew my product and how to fix things the "factory way", not some RV dealer. A man named "Nate" is in charge of class A RV's and a very nice guy. I have talked to him a few times in the past, and he seems to care about me and understands my concerns. I made an appointment to have my RV checked out at the factory where it was built. I was planning a trip to Missouri to visit friends and family before I made the appointment to go to Indiana, and since I had a couple weeks till I had to be there, decided to go there first than on to Indiana.

I spent all day getting everything ready and triple checking everything since I had no faith at all in even making it there. When I am all done, the giant RV is parked in front of my house taking up half the street and all of my front yard. I still looked at it with pride, somehow and felt better now that it was going to get fixed up properly by the folks that built it. I had not noticed that the last time I closed the door the steps didn't retract. When I opened the door and got inside, I thought that the steps would come up, you can hear them doing so, but nothing happened. I'm now unable to move the RV without ripping off the steps. I have roadside insurance and since it was Sunday it took over three hours to get somebody out to my house even though I explained it was an emergency as I was blocking the street in a small neighborhood.

After paying $115.00 the guy did get the steps up. But they would not hold your weight if you stepped on them. I was to be refunded my roadside costs by Forest River and gave them the bill personally but never got my money back. It was at this point, I decided to just head to Forest River first and if I had to wait 10 days for them to see me on my appointment date then fine! I was done messing around with this whole mess. I arrived on Friday, and they have a little RV park on the plant site that's free to Coachmen owners so I used it. Someone in the front office (a man whose name I forgot) heard me talking to a nice lady in the reception area I guess and came over to talk with me. Saturday morning, he actually walked over to the RV park with me and crawled under it to look over my steps. I had low expectations at the time and told him so but he thought the steps were a safety issue and arranged to have me in the shop to get it taken care of!

It was at this point, I was about to learn why in my opinion Forest River has so many complaints. Initially, I was to go on a tour of the plant with Nate but I was there 10 days early and never met Nate. I met a man named Bob over at the shop. Bob is the shop foreman and has been with the company over 40 years, he told me so personally. He was as described to me, gruff and not a lot of fun but very knowledgeable. I'm gruff and not a lot fun either at times so all I cared about was his skills which I believe must be great. They replaced my steps for me while I was there but then told me I was just going to have to come back on my appointment day to get all the other stuff addressed. I made it very clear that was not going to happen, and if they can't address all the crap wrong with it next week then there is a big problem. This was Saturday.

I get told that on the entire plant facility there is not a single new power inverter/converter available! I asked how it could be they build units all day and have no inverters for them but am told they're out of stock! I just was not up for any more BS from anybody, anywhere, anytime at all by now!!! But someway, somebody came up and said to me he would remove a new inverter from a unit on the line and install it in my RV. They took it to a different plant site and did just that. But that was it. I figured the following week they could address all the leaks, and missing or broken items, etc... Nope. So what I have discovered is in my opinion it's the total lack of skills and or more likely just lack of caring one way or the other. I have parts that fell off or fell apart just because of crappy staples used to hold everything together and workers who couldn't care less if the staples actually went in or just bent over.

I didn't meet everybody at Forest River. I have no doubt there are still people there who really care about quality and have a quality work ethic to go with it. But the people I met all looked half dead and miserable. And good ole Bob told me to my face how badly he hated his job and that he was leaving there for good before the end of the year after something like 42 years there. I said that it was a shame that Forest River was losing someone with that much experience and that it would be impossible to get back. His quality response was "** them". If the shop foreman of over 40 years service feels that way about the company he works for, either he has a big problem of the company does, but either way this kind of work ethic is poison to all under him and to Forest River in general.

Coachmen had a good reputation for the most part for many years, and Forest River uses some of the best quality parts and components in the industry. I have checked it out. Their plant is spacious, clean, and orderly. But if the people who build their products hate their job as much as the shop foreman does, how can that allow for anything positive in the build dept.? Maybe the pay is low. I was told that they work on a commission basis but I don't know how that works nor if it's true. I have driven stainless steel screws into so many places that were not even close to stapled together with their cheap staple process that depends on the operator caring one way or the other to do it right. So it turns out I will be pretty good one day repairing all the factory defects on my Mirada, at least I care if the work is done right.

My brother and I purchased a 2013 Coachmen Encounter second owners with 4200 miles on it. We had taken it on a few trips. In the rear of the RV, the ceiling above the bed had dropped down 2 inches. Being a general contractor I took the ceiling panel down and what I have discovered is from the roof top air conditioner and the back of the RV, there was no support in a four foot span. In talking to the engineer at Coachmen they tell me that the is no roof truss in that area. How can the roof support a 300 pound person with no support. I took it upon myself to install a roof truss where there was a slot in the Styrofoam roof where Coachmen should have put one. I now have fixed the sagging roof and all is well. Coachmen said that they would not pay me for any labor due to the fact I was the second owner. Has anyone out there had this same problem??? I will never buy another Coachmen product!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coachmen RV?

Purchased a 2016 324TSRK Chaparral fifth wheel and expect some things to break. This is our 4th camper and we keep them about 4-5 years. We understand they take some abuse while towing. The issue with this unit is what we are finding as we encounter those problems and we see them as underlying quality construction. Our AC failed (Dometic). No problem, the dealer will take care of under warranty. Issue is when diagnosing, we found where the duct work that ran the length of the unit was not sealed. Poor or missing foil tape at AC unit and all vents.

We were cooling mostly between the roof and ceiling panel. Every time we travel we spend a few minutes vacuuming sawdust (not dust, SAWdust). Went looking and found there was no attempt to clean up during construction. The heater return vent was full of sawdust and trim end cuts. Unfortunately the sawdust is throughout the ductwork now. Bottom drawer in the pantry broke. That was on us by overloading and the travel blew the bottom out. I reassembled the drawer. The issue was when I pulled the drawer there was plenty of sawdust, trim cuts and a coffee cup that had spilled and dried to the floor.

First time we went to dump we found the gray water plumbing came apart at an elbow. Witness marks showed the PVC penetration less than 1/4" when glued. Thankfully it was the gray and not the black water. Also the discharge pipe was only supported by a single piece of pipe strap at the drain cap end. The gray/black valve handles are mounted in the outside utility access. Pulled out to dump OK but when I pushed the gray water valve back in the whole panel shifted. Fixed that with a couple more screws. No heat in the bathroom. Found the flex tube going to the register was never hooked up, so we were heating the luggage compartment.

The floodlight did not work. Found that a mounting screw was driven thru the supply wire. The bypass doors for both the bedroom and bath had to be rehung for proper operation. The sofa sleeper was missing a travel wheel so when the slides were in the sofa passes over the dinette slide. When opening the sofa slide it pulled the carpet binding off fraying the carpet. Dealer called the other day stating our new carpet is in. Hope it matches. The counter top delaminated and had to be re-glued. The back splash ceramic tile trim fell off and had to be re-glued. This is after the first 4 months of use. Let's see what the next 4 years brings.

During a shakedown camping trip with my brand new Coachmen Clipper 17FQ Camping Trailer, I discovered that whoever builds this product appears to place very little emphasis on quality and workmanship. Wood edges were left rough. The bathroom door was mounted crooked and would not close. The biggest problem discovered was the shower stall. The shower surround trim was installed crooked, and one corner of the surround had been essentially butchered with multiple screw holes. The installer tried to cover up the botched job with trim, but the error contributed to a shower the leaks water onto the floor.

Overall, the 17FQ camping trailer is a nice product that is put together by people who don't seem to care. I notified Coachmen and received a list of dealers, one of which "might help me with my issues." Coachmen needs to take a more active role in resolving their defective products. I cannot in good faith recommend a Coachmen RV product to others, and will be resolving my trailer issues myself.

2016 coachman freelander 20cb - As we were excited on our first RV purchase at the Chicago RV show, we fell right away for the coachman 20cb. It was just the right size and plenty of storage for us. As we brought the RV home a more careful look reviewed lots of poor workmanship and imperfections in wood working. Some the trim was mismatched and poorly terminated. The toilet paper holder was broken. The ladder for the overhead bunk was too small. The short legs for turning the table into a bed were missing.

Some of the panels that were stapled were loose because the staples were driven through the panel. Three of the cab plug caps were missing and two were broken. The center ceiling cover in the cab had broken clips. The auto entry keys were inoperable. The generator has a knocking sound under the RV. Wow. And I haven't even used it yet. I'm very nervous at this time. I paid sixty two thousand for this new vehicle and already regretting the purchase. Is this normal? It has to be maintenance without its first trip. Wow what downer.

This is an absolute false promise from Coachmen and its parent company: "Coachmen RV is built upon a simple principle dedicated to the enrichment of your life. By providing you with long term value through all that we do, our focus is on providing a product with superior value and backing it through superior service and support. Once you become a Coachmen owner, we are committed to enhancing your Coachmen RV ownership and lifestyle experience creating friends for life and memories that will last a lifetime. At Coachmen you will find a rich history of commitment from our Team Members. This commitment extends to our owners and in the pride we have for our brand. The close relationship that we share with our owners and our dealers is a quality that others have been trying to mimic over our 50 year history. Our goals and principles remain well in focus. We do create customers for life."

Since I purchased this unit brand new from a dealer, it has been nothing but problems. The unit has spent 12 of 24 months in the shop for repairs of some type. The most recent, that started in May of 2015, is window leaking in the front of the unit. Prior to that an entire new leveling system had to be replaced. Previous to that A/C issues. You get the idea. The senior leadership in the company who are the main representatives of the company and its customers may be the least customer focused people I have ever dealt with and simply do not have the power or desire to do what is right for the customer.

They only know one answer, it is the dealer's fault. Notwithstanding the fact that they are the manufacturer and defective workmanship should be covered by the manufacturer. In my opinion, this company is ripe for an owner's class action lawsuit for deceptive trade practices and violation of virtually every state's lemon laws. Based on what I have seen and heard it seems that there are a lot of folks who would agree. I would not recommend this manufacturer to anyone I know.

We purchased our 2015 Coachmen Catalina 323BHKS in August 2015. Upon opening the outside kitchen after our first trip, the "woodwork" (it's not wood really) was wet and spongy. We could see no evidence of leaking and at first thought it was condensation coming from the refrigerator. We contacted The dealer after returning to schedule service. It took them 3 weeks to get the trailer in to see the problem, and 6 weeks for a new kitchen to come in. Also, the rubber support straps under the 2 slides broke and had to be replaced (warranty issue). We had a trip planned between Christmas and New Year, we got the trailer back on Christmas Eve. There was a leak in the rubber seal that caused the damage, and the service manager said the rubber straps breaking was common.

During our holiday trip one of the tires would not hold air, called Good Sam to have the spare put on. We took the spare to a tire store to have it checked and was told the wheel welding was the issue, this is another warranty issue. We took a trip to Orlando, the AC does not work (the fan works, just blows the air around but not cold). Luckily it was cool and we really did not need it. This is another warranty issue. Also, we pulled the grill out to use and it nearly came completely out...several screws missing (I blame the service department for that one). We have another trip planned to Orlando in early May and the soonest the dealer (Dick Gore's RV World) can schedule us to come in just to look at it is mid April. This is getting ridiculous, we have had the trailer 7 months and have 4 warranty issues already.

We have not had any other leaking thankfully (knock on wood but not in the trailer). But we will use the camper a lot in the next months to hopefully flush out any more lingering issues before our warranty expires, but we will be buying an extended warranty policy for sure. Overall we love our trailer, it suits our needs well. But the constant need to have work done for things that should have been right to begin with is wearing on our patience. We received a healthy discount when we purchased it, and as we paid cash, as do not have finance charges. The problems we have had while not small, have been more of an annoyance so far, but if the AC goes out in July, or the tire blows and causes an accident vs doesn't hold air, this would no longer be just an annoyance. The most frustrating thing is the amount of time that it takes to get service done, and for that I hold the dealer (Dick Gore's RV World in Jacksonville) responsible.

2012 Coachmen Freedom Express toy hauler 26 ft. - We have had nothing but problems since owning this travel trailer. Plumbing problems to start with. The plumbing wasn't hooked up in several places. Blown tires for no apparent reason. 3 broken springs, again no apparent reasons. We have owned RV's for years and have never had problems like this. Molding detaching, wall coverings coming off, paneling around the stove detaching, bed the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in, fan in bathroom is shot, awning motor broke. Need I say more. We will never buy another Coachmen!

I have a 2011 Coachmen Catalina I purchased 2 years ago. My floors are also rotted out from moisture damage in both my slides. The black Tyvek holds moisture. Rip that junk off, I found out too late damage is done.

First time out with new Toy Hauler, connected to power. Lights began to dim, pulled panel under trailer and found the power cord had pulled away from junction box and fried the inside of the box. In the pouring rain, fellow campers assisted with rewire to get us through the holiday weekend. Took to local dealer as we purchased out of state. Dealer contacted Coachmen to be told that I pulled too hard on the power cord and that is why the wiring can undone, would not be covered under warranty. Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, I am 5ft 4 weighing 130 lbs. No way I could have pulled hard enough on the cord to separate within the junction box. Will NEVER purchase a Coachmen product again!

Had my new trailer delivered and placed on site (I currently reside in an RV park) and the grief started almost immediately. After setting everything up I decided to shower and get some rest. The shower floor wobbles so badly under my feet that I'm afraid of falling through the cheap plastic floor and use the campground bathhouse instead. The power awning doesn't close all the way and it makes a God awful noise while closing. Now the awning fabric on the roller tube is all wrinkled and looks horrible. The outside LED awning light is white making sitting out a bug's delight. There are four cable outlets outside but no wires are attached to them inside. How is one supposed to hook up the included TV's without inside cables. Every single window and there are lots of them are missing the well covers allowing every fly and other insect to invade our home. The kitchen sink drain holes are loose and can't be tightened.

By the way, I strongly suggest getting rid of the kitchen faucet and replacing it with a better and more expensive one. It took forever to get hot water to the old faucet but mere seconds with the new one. Don't ask me to explain this because it doesn't make any sense to me either. Not one 110 volt outlet in the living/kitchen area is mounted on a wall. They're all mounted under the cabinets which makes no sense. Wires hanging all over the kitchen countertop will probably ensure a fire some time in the future. Yes, there are two outlets in the bedroom that are wall mounted. The window valances are all loose and coming apart. The surround sound system is the biggest joke. 2 speakers outside, 2 speakers in the bedroom, 2 speakers over the couch but where the recliners are (against the back wall), there are no speakers. Whomever designed this idea should be fired.

We purchased a new 2012 Coachmen Chaparral fifth wheel. It's been nothing but one headache after another! Never again will we purchase a coach from this manufacturer. Sure, things occasionally break but this has been absurd. We hadn't had it a year when we noticed the delam on the back of the unit. We had warranty, thankfully, but Coachmen wanted to insist it was our fault that we didn't caulk all joints. They argued that what we were seeing wasn't delam but instead, the sun heating and causing the buckling and wrinkling seen.

Eventually, the entire back wall was removed and replaced. We went to do our caulking maintenance and found there isn't a single bit of rope caulking around the windows. Pulled all of the windows and fixed ourselves. Then we began to blow tires. Every trip was a blown tire. We are meticulous in our care for the unit and it was apparent the tire failure was due to manufacturing.

The light switch on the hitch nose cover stopped working. Dealer said it was switch failure. Fixed. We went to Hershey and by the end of the 6 hour trip, we pulled into the campground with rain approaching to find both of our ceiling vent covers were gone. We scrambled to find a parts dealer and fixed them ourselves. That same trip, the dining slide decided to stop working. Thankfully, my husband carries a stash of tools and we were able to eventually roll the slide out. When we got home, he fixed the problem himself. The wires had become disconnected. Oh yeah, we blew a tire coming home too. No, we don't tow above 65 mph and no, we don't apply tire shine to the wheels. Yes, the air is regularly monitored prior to trips.

Our recent incident? We've found the floor has rotted out on the kitchen super slide and the dining slide at the back. We've figured the problem is that crummy black plastic weaved tyvek looking junk they use is wicking moisture in. New floor, here we come! They used the same plastic weaved stuff on the bedroom slide too and we discovered the wheels of that side were slowly cutting the weaving on the plastic. My husband manufactured a metal plate to fix but now the other wheels are beginning to cut on the other sides too. Like I said, stuff happens. But ALL of this from a 3 year old trailer? NEVER AGAIN! Thanks for nothing Coachmen!

We just bought a brand new 2016 Clipper 17BH. I expected a few issues... but not what I found inside the walls. Let me start here. There were screws missing throughout the camper, mostly along the baseboards and door. Most were found under the sink rolling on the floor. No big deal... I put them back in. The screen door does not seal along the top of the doorway. Looks like a design flaw, resulting from where the screen frame is formed into shape. I can live with that. The electric went out on it and when I pulled the fuses out to check them, I dropped one inside the fuse box. I had to pull the fuse box door off to retrieve the fuse. When I did, I saw that 2 of the neutral wires were not screwed into the bar. Again, no big deal... I tightened it.

When I checked the outside shower, there was only hot water. I didn't want to tear into that, so I called my sales person. He mentioned that another customer had the same issue & I should look for a kinked line. Sure enough, after I pulled the exterior shower faucet out, there was a kinked line. I also found that one of the PEX elbows was leaking and water was dripping from underneath the camper. NOT GOOD. It gets better. When I looked into the shower area cavity, I see where NO EFFORT was made to cut a hole for the wires where the trailers lights breach the wall of the camper. It was simply busted through as though a hammer was used instead of a hole saw. Embarrassing.

All of this is documented in photos. I have had the trailer about 2 weeks and am about to go on its first real trip this Friday. I am new to the camping trailer experience and I shudder to think of what other shortcuts were made in its construction. We are not currently satisfied with the product and I don't know what can be done to fix the interior wall. I am expecting a service call from the dealer, and contact has been made to Coachmen via their website. More to come I am sure.

Coachmen Brookstone 325RL 5th wheel. Purchased March 2015. 1st trip numerous places, wood inside unstained. Moulding falling off ceiling and too many issues to list. Back to dealer. 2nd, 3rd, & 4th trip out more repair issues. 3rd trip, black tank would not empty. 4th trip still grey & BLACK tank needs repairs. Auto level jack would not work. Taking back to RV dealer 5th time Oct 19th. RV dealer has repaired every problem but manufacturing company is the problem. Dealer ordered direct from Coachmen Manufacturing Co. When we return emailing manufacturing company regarding long list of complaints plus numerous trips to dealer.

I have a 2012 Coachman Mirada. Had numerous repairs from day 1. Toilet keeps overflowing because the foot lever doesn't in that style toilet. I just took it to Camping World to have a water test done because it was leaking. They told me there isn't a seam or opening that wasn't leaking. The bathroom shower faucet leaks, the passenger and drivers side window need replacing, the small side window is coming apart, the sofa, mind you only 3 years old is so cracked and peeling. The GFI keeps blowing.

There are a number of other issues, but all I want is to get it fixed and it seems that all I continue to do is pay. Coachman which use to be one of the prime RVs is now at the bottom of the barrel. I have never been more disappointed and can't get any satisfaction. Definitely would NOT recommend buying a motorhome from Coachman or Forrest River who recently bought out Coachman. Extremely disappointed!

Purchased a 2015 Catalina 333BHKS back in June 2014. The RV has only been moved three times in the state and the top side wall is bulging out in between the slides. Contacted manufacturer and explained that I have had this RV for 15 months and asked what would cause the side wall to bulge outward from the inside. Taking the RV back to the dealership that I purchased it from to see what can be done. Hoping Forest River will cover this repair/fix since the RV is only 15 months old.

We just purchased the Coachmen Catalina 333bunk 2016. This was the first weekend we took it out. Well for the price you pay we are very disappointed. We made a list that we need to bring to the dealer to get fix. The back outside kitchen door does not lock or close. Latch broken and main lock does not even reach the panel to lock in place. Main door does not lock same thing, look latch does not match the lock hole.

Inside the tap leaks in the kitchen so you need to turn off the pump or it start all the time. Kitchen sink leaks under the counter. Trim peel off the island. Paneling is coming apart. When you open the drawer under the bench it rubs the paneling and it is breaking it. Shower is leaking on the side. They're too lazy to put up the bathroom bars, there in the kitchen drawer. Oh, it pisses me off that they did not put a light switch in the bedrooms. Really a 2 $ part. I'm 5 feet tall and barely reach the ceiling on my tip toes to turn on the light. How many kids could reach that too? Went into other campers to see and they all have them. Only Coachmen don't. Very disappointing.

In July had a issue with the slide going out crooked and banging. Took it to the dealer, they tried to fix it but couldn't. They contacted coachmen. They called me the next day, told me they would let me know that week on what they will do. To date I have not heard from coachmen again. I have contacted the dealer every week and they have sent emails and call to have them give me a answer. The dealer has called me to get pictures so I hauled it to the dealer 60 miles away for them to take pictures.

3 weeks later get a call, they need video can't tell by the pictures what's going on. So I take it back to the dealer to have video. 2 more weeks go by the dealer has not heard from coachmen, and the slide has completely broke, will not go out had to have other campers help me push the slide in last time we used it. I cleaned the camper out and dropped it at the dealer, told him I was not happy paying on a camper I can't use and a manufacturer that will not let me know what is going on or how they are going to fix it.

Purchased 2014 Coachmen Clipper Sport 108ST, have no end of problems since. Door panel won't stay up, stove top keeps breaking and falling apart while in transport, interior paneling warping everywhere. After just one year, trailer is rusting everywhere, battery began leaking and had to be replaced, drop down door step hinge rusted through on both ends and broke off while towing. That was six weeks ago, still waiting for repair and replacement. Have to tie door shut to transport unit. Sealant inside and out is poorly applied, is all over everything, when weather is hot sealant oozes over everything inside and outside. Cheap materials, poor construction, hinges on stove top so flimsy they bend and break during transport. Never again.

This is the worst company I've ever had an experience with. Before sleeping at night in a tented trailer, I was pleased with the rental. First night two cockroaches come out of the woodwork. Second night we found three cockroaches. Third night we found one so far... waiting for more to appear so we can kill them. Unfortunately we have 4 more nights in this horrible trailer. The guy who "cleaned" and set up for us told us to call anytime if we need ANYTHING. We called, left voicemails, sent emails. They have yet to return our calls or emails and it's been over 48 hours. I've never stayed in such a disgusting place in my life. Do not rent from them. They're DISGUSTING!!!

We purchase our 2015 Freedom Express 320BHDS in February on this year. While the vehicle itself provides comfort of which we are mostly satisfied, travel has been a nightmare. We were pulling it at first with a Ford F-150 and recently traded for a F-250. Well, "fish tail" does not go away. In order to remain safe, speed cannot exceed 45 MPH, or else, the trailer takes over. Whenever a large vehicle approaches from the rear, aerodynamics are totally uncontrollable and much less when they pass. So we have avoided travel on interstates, yet, the problem remains. We have arranged weight distribution but to no avail. Downhill, the last thing to do is use the brakes. Instead, we've downshifted. Overall, not satisfied with the performance while traveling. The trailer was purchased in Lone Star RV of Houston.

We bought the motor home from Mid-State RV in April. The first month all went ok small glitches. Then all broke loose. The engine would cut out. We thought it was a dirty fuel filter as it had sat or so we were told for about 2 years. Changed filters and it would not start. Had it towed to freight liner of Orlando. They put the cpu on it and could find nothing and engine started, so ran a hit and miss system for the dog show season then coming back from Ocala FL. It quit on me and left me by the freeway for 5 hours. Pulled back to freight liner. It sat for 2 weeks while they drained the fuel tank and cleaned all the lines.

Picked it up and it ran nice for two more weeks. Went to start it in my yard and would not start. Back again it went. This time the mechanic did a complete overlay. Found that the shift pad was bad and that there was a floating ground on the driver’s side in a 300 pair bundle of wires. It took him 3 weeks to find it took it on a short trip as a shake down. All went well for a few hours then it did it again. This time we found that the plug for the main cpu came loose. Simple fix but 5 more hours of wasted time. Now all is working good. Knock on wood.

Purchased a new 2014 Coachmen Clipper pop-up camper as a first trailer. We camped with it 3 times and found it leaking water all over the garage. Apparently the fresh water tank leaked after our last camping trip, there was an inch of standing water which warped all of the flooring and cabinetry. There is lots of nasty mold growing everywhere. We found out that the dealer fills the entire fresh water tank upon delivery, we had no idea there was water in it, we never connected it to park water or used the water tank.

The upside-down storage of the sink is just a stupid design, therefore we never used the sink. There are lots of other small defects in the camper, for example the shade for the door won't stay up. The stove cover keeps coming loose when stored, and the entire stove falls out of place. The trailer is now in the repair shop for 3 weeks with $5,300 worth of damage from the water leak. Overall the craftsmanship is just very poor. I'm very disappointed with Coachmen, I will not buy again.

We purchase a Coachmen Clipper in August of 2014. it had a water leak and it was fixed. So they say. We had it out 3 times before the winter, we had used it twice this year. In June when we went camping the floor was really weak and made you think you would fall through it when you walked on it. When we got home we took it back to where we purchased it. It is now 5 weeks later and Coachmen still has never responded to the dealers about this issue. The dealer said that they would do a temporary fix and we could use it until Coachmen gets back to them. The entire floor is molded, it is setting at the dealers waiting to hear from Coachmen. Why we keep making payments? The camper is a pop-up and we have already decided that we want to upgrade, but I will never buy another Coachmen again. You think it being under warranty they would do something.

We too bought a 2014 Coachmen Catalina 333BHKS on April 4, 2014. Used it that weekend with no heat or hot water. Brought it in for service. Used it again in June to 3 inches of water flooding our unit. Called Coachmen from camp site and told to remove carpet and dry subfloor with fans and upon return home take for repairs. Went in to shop for a month, got it back, leaked again. Now fall rolls around and we are still leaking every time it rains.

Finally in December after three failed attempts of repair, locally Coachmen sent a transport company and brought my unit back to factory in Indiana. There was also a laundry list of other items that we never write, ie: shower backing up, shower door not closing, bathroom door frame warped, toilet seat crashing down when someone trying to urinate, screen door warped, and fridge draining into trailer not outdoors. They kept it 6 weeks, transported it back and all was suppose to be fixed. They repaired main slide, put new windows in, re-carpeted the whole unit and did most of the list aside from shower and toilet. I refused to accept it back from transport and it stayed at local facility while I argued relentlessly with Coachmen.

After a month they authorized the local faculty to replace entire shower but said toilet could not be fixed and all they could do was put a lid latch so it stayed open when needed. Horrifying experience for a brand new 30000 unit that my husband waited to come out to purchase the 50th anniversary edition. And all Coachmen could say was "we graciously installed a backup camera at no charge for your inconvenience." Really out of the first buy year been owned it, the unit was in a shop a total of 6 months.

Coachmen/Forest River do not build like they used to, and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We owned our old Coachmen 26ft triple bunk purchased brand new for 11 years with no issue ever. I guess in 11 years and with being bought out by Forest River they have slipped to sub par. Very sad and unfortunate, we will never buy another one of their products. And I see other had the same leak issues we did, shows the poor buildership of Thai company.

Bought a NEW 2015 50th anniversary Liberty Express by Coachmen in June of 2014. Used it sparingly, roughly four local KOA trips under 1,000 miles in total. Every trip something either failed to work or worse was broke. We had purchased the 5 year extended warranty and still it's a fight to get anything covered. Water tank leaked, toilet wouldn't drain, black tank pull lever broke (two unrelated problems) and now I need brakes. Brakes after only 4,000 miles... maybe 4,000 miles. Seals are shot as well. $500.00 for this repair alone. My wife and I are waiting for the other shoe to fall. Both of us are realistic knowing full well anything man made will in fact break at some point, but within a year and have barely used it. Really?

We have a 2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 280rls. In summer of 2014 I found the 4 outriggers on the frame broke by the axles. A lot of emails & phone calls. 2 hour trip to dealer with an appointment to check it out. Service manager didn't know how to look at frame. Left it there with bad feelings. Went back to bring it home & more calls. Called Coachmen & he told me Lippert was sending a welder to dealer. Lack of telling me that. After a runaround we paid to get it fixed ourselves. July 2015, went to get trailer inspected & it failed. Guess what? 2 new cracks in frame. So now I have a camper that I can't use. Phone calls again. Taking it to dealer on Wed, so we see what they say. Retired & places to go & no way to get there. Also delamination on side below fridge -- another story. Thank you.

Coachmen RV Company Profile