2.32/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

coachmenrv.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Coachmen RV Reviews

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I am a Proud Owner of a 2015 Prism 24J. I have had several issues over the years and when I call Coachmen, I always get a return call and advice on how to resolve my issue. Lately, I had a crack develop in the Front Tinted Skylight. I called Coachmen Customer Service and spoke with Coachmen rep, Daniel **. I told him my issue and he immediately went to work looking for a replacement. He noted that the shells and skylight were not made at Coachmen, but at Altec. Daniel followed through and found me the correct skylight and had it sent directly to me. I received the skylight and had it replaced within 2 weeks from my call. Thank you Daniel and thanks to Coachmen for standing by me! - Happy Coachmen Owner!

Original review: March 29, 2019

From the dealer (Lazy Days RV in Johnstown CO) to the product, this has been a very good experience. This is our 5th camper and our very first new one. I was tired of repairing previous owner's hidden problems. We got this in June and camped locally a few times prior to going to the Boundary Waters in MN for a couple weeks from Wyoming. We opted for the 32 foot bumper pull with no slides to keep things simple. The pull was very good. We use backroads so high speed is not an issue. Every single thing on this unit worked well. We just got home from a month in AZ. We hauled our SXS. It again performed as expected. I have pulled this about 7500 miles and have zero complaints.

Get expert buying tips about RV Manufacturers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We bought a 2018 Crossfit and love it but there are a few items that can be better. The heater vents are plastic and in locations that can get kicked and broken. We replaced ours with metal vent covers from the hardware store. Also the cabinet latches didn't hold well so added magnetic ones to keep drawers closed. Finally the refrigerator gave out but a recall was issued and finally the final fix was done after 2 control boards were replaced. Coachmen did a great job on the design but being rather new, still can improve. But they have taken care of everything we needed quickly and our dealer is always helpful (Prosser in Wis). 1 year later from purchase everything is wonderful and we still love it. Also getting 16 mpg and Ford dealer takes care of the vehicle with no troubles.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

New 2020 trailer and find a dent in right front corner. Turned it in for warranty. Said we were the ones that put dent in roof. Which we didn't. 2 cupboard doors came off. Screws pulled out of the press board. (Cheap) Don't even use real wood. Rejected warranty. These trailers are cheaply made. Buyer BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

381RD 2019 fifth wheel RV. It's extremely unfortunate to have post such a negative experience that my wife and I have experienced in our new RV. We researched and visited numerous RV shows and came to the decision in buying a brand new Chaparral 381RD. Since our purchase and delivered to our Lot in the spring of 2019, we have had to have our slide out lights re-wired to work, our DVD/Radio replaced, hot water tank board replaced, refrigerator not working for 6 weeks. We just finished our last week of vacation at the end of September and both the hot water tank and refrigerator once again cease to work!

We are the laughingstock of our campground because of our experience. It's really sad that we decided to purchase our very first RV and share the experience with our families only to constantly explain why we can't get hot water or not live out of a cooler in a $50,0000 tent! We purchased this disappointment at Avalon RV in Medina, Ohio. Don & Tammy **, Lorain Ohio

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coachmen RV?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We purchased a new Coachmen motorhome in 2018 and have had nothing but trouble with it and the dealership that sold it to us. Neither the dealership nor Coachmen have been helpful or responsible in any way. Coachmen sent me a survey to see how satisfied we were with our purchase. I responded with the list of issues and received no further contact from them to assist in any way.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We bought a brand new 27' freedom express travel trailer in 2017. We have only had it out 3 times. I have already had to replace 2 electrical receptacles and numerous other little things that should have to be repaired this quick. The receptacles they use are a joke. They break the first or second time you use them. Very inferior materials. Frustrating because I thought by buying a new unit I would not have to do repairs right away. Not a happy camper!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I need to rant‼️ So my 246 RKS has been in Indiana since July 25th for warranty work too large for the dealer to undertake. I was told by Steve ** of Coachmen that they would need to drop the floor most likely. Ok, that’s fine (though the massive leaks shouldn’t have occurred in the first place). Now, 22 days later, I know very little about what’s being done, where they are in the process, etc. Perhaps a picture, an email... Something!

My calls have gone mostly unreturned by Steve, who is the FE representative. When he did call, I was told they had started and most likely could be done in a week and a half, which would have been today, but I, the owner, know nothing after trying to contact him since Wednesday. I get the feeling I cannot get off the phone fast enough for him. He doesn’t volunteer anything specific, and it’s an effort to extract anything from him. Email goes unanswered as well. I’m a reasonable guy, but geez! Perhaps there’s still a lot to do?? Perhaps it’s on its way back?? I have no idea what’s going on with my unit, and it’s frustrating, to say the least.

Coachmen, at this point you have MY property, and my request is simply - let me know what’s going on.

Most of us will look to upgrade at some point, and guess what... We don’t have to come back to you for your products. There’s plenty of others to go to. I don’t mind if the job is taking longer than anticipated, but as the customer, I feel like I am entitled to an update on my unit. Coach has black mold, rotted floor, rotted slide floor and cabinet holding fridge is rotted. I just want my money back. Horrible customer service and horrible product.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have owned this RV for less than 2 years and the list of problems and items breaking just keeps going. Very disappointing!!! Everything from poor quality control to items that just keep breaking. Every vacation we have gone on there is something that broke!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

After about 2000 miles and 5 times of use. Hello all. So this is my first time owning a RV. We've had it since March 2019, and used it as much as we can since owning it. Overall, it has been a good experience except for a couple things. For example, the bed mattress that come with this RVs, just throw them out and get a new mattress. Thank me later. The wall mounted sofa/bed bench conversion setup was a joke. It's held onto the wall with three small screws in each mount, two mounts in each bench.

We didn't know, but the front side of both benches were not held into the wall via the 1" aluminum frame like it should have been, but just being held into by the thin wall. The manufacture missed the frame by over an 1"?!?! Wow?!?! How they stayed up with 20lbs benches is beyond me. First time it came out of the wall, was in transit to Indianapolis from Chicago. Thank God since I had a previous incident where the bench folded out and hit my motorcycling while in transit because the stupid floor to wall strap they expect to hold the bench up against the wall does NOT work.

So to fix the issue I've used two tie downs for each bench to hold it against the wall via the legs of the bench to the arms of the Happy Jack bed above it. In turn, when the mounts gave out after, this saved the bench from falling down one side, hitting my motorcycle again. However, it would have caused a lot more damage because would have been able to swing back and forth freely, and probably ripping out the other mount, metal hardware allowed to rub on the bike for hours.

Same trip, two days later, my parents on are sitting on the other side, with the `good` bench, and 5 mins later, they collapsed down to the ground with the front-running mount ripped from the wall. So at that moment, I made the decision to remove the benches all together. I think this is why they made the decision to incorporate the benches into the Happy Jack system on the later models. The rest of the RV seems solid overall, so far. But paying tens of thousands of dollars on a trailer RV, and having these stupid episodes isn't really making me happy. This is a called out to you Coachmen. You think applying a little bit of basic/common sense QA to your trailers would medicate a lot of these issues. At this point, I don't know if I'd buy a Coachmen again.

Coachmen RV expert review by Sharee Collier

Headquartered in Middlebury, Indiana, Coachmen has been developing and manufacturing RVs since 1964. Coachmen became a brand of Forest River, Inc. in 2008. Coachmen has a full range of RVs, including motorhomes, toy haulers, fifth wheels and more.

• Full line of products: Coachmen sells a full range of RVs. Whether you want an all-in-one motorhome or a trailer RV, you’ll find several available in different sizes. See Coachmen’s website for a full product list.

• Catalina Destination Trailer: The Catalina Deluxe Destination is a top-of-the-line trailer RV. The series has six different floor plans to maximize comfort and storage. They are designed for extended vacations.

• Coachmen Quality Program: Coachmen takes pride in its commitment to quality. In the Coachmen Quality Program, dedicated team members carefully inspect their products to make sure your RV meets their quality standards.

• Travel Easy program: You’ll have access to one year of Coachmen’s Travel Easy roadside assistance program. This program includes services like emergency refueling, towing and locksmith service.

• One-year limited warranty: New Coachmen RVs come with a one-year limited warranty for parts. Extra coverage may be available from retailers.

• Best for: New Coachmen RVs come with a one-year limited warranty for parts. Extra coverage may be available from retailers.

Profile picture of Sharee Collier
      Sharee Collier RV Manufacturers Expert

Sharee Collier is a blogger and RV lifestyle expert. She has explored the country while living and working on the road full-time for five years. She is the author of the “Live.Camp.Work.” blog, podcast and book.

Coachmen RV Company Information