This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Outdoorsy is a rental marketplace that lets you rent RVs and trailers by the night. It offers a great selection of rentals, from popup trailers to fifth-wheel campers, that you can rent directly from vehicle owners.
What is Outdoorsy?
Outdoorsy is a recreational vehicle and trailer rental marketplace that lets travelers rent vehicles directly from owners in their community or wherever they’re traveling. Because the vehicles are owned by community members all over the U.S., all options offer unique rental experiences. Options include trailers, toy haulers, fifth-wheels, motorhomes and Class A, B and C RVs in a variety of styles, including retro, vintage and traditional.
How does Outdoorsy work?
With Outdoorsy, you have the option to rent a camper or vehicle in your town and drive elsewhere or to arrive at your destination with a vehicle already set up and ready for you. The option you choose dictates the types of vehicles you’ll find when you search. Once you choose your camper and pickup destination, you’ll select your dates. After you finish traveling, simply return the RV to its owner in the same condition you received it.
All rentals include 24/7 roadside assistance and $1 million in insurance for the renter, owner and vehicle. Some rentals have unlimited mileage and are pet friendly.
In addition to the rental cost, which averages from $81 to $209 per night, Outdoorsy also charges a few other fees. Each rental includes a service fee of at least $10 a day. Some RV owners require a security deposit. If a renter returns an RV late, they’ll be charged a late fee of $30 plus the hourly rental rate. Additional fees may be added in case of damage, excessive dirt or lost items.
- Does Outdoorsy offer insurance?
- Yes. Outdoorsy offers $1 million in commercial insurance for qualified renters and owners through Liberty Mutual. The renter is responsible for the deductible, which ranges from $1,000 to $4,000.
- Is Outdoorsy owned by Airbnb?
- No. Outdoorsy is privately owned and not a part of the Airbnb family.
- Can you make money with Outdoorsy?
- Yes. Vehicle owners keep 80% of the overall reservation cost. Owners average a monthly rental income of about $2,000, according to Outdoorsy. The Outdoorsy listing calculator helps determine how much an RV owner could make with Outdoorsy.
- Is Outdoorsy a good company?
- Yes. Because each rental is privately owned, some rental processes might be more complicated than others. But, in general, Outdoorsy is a good company with a good reputation.
Is Outdoorsy legit?
Outdoorsy is a legitimate, safe and fun way for groups to hit the road for a new adventure. With more than 800,000 nights booked, Outdoorsy continuously offers customers enjoyable experiences. While it’s not yet a nationwide service, it offers rentals in most major national parks and many major cities.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,432,114 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Recently rented an RV through Outdoorsy.com and found it to be the biggest SCAM company ever! Better hope you don’t have to file a claim as YOU will be left paying the bill regardless of being forced to purchase insurance upfront! Conveniently, the deductible is MORE than the cost of the claim!! No repairs allowed – just FULL REPLACEMENT COST charged to us in the amount of $2331 for a $200 part! BIGGEST SCAM COMPANY ON THE PLANET!!!
Outdoorsy Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.