2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Kia produces an modern attractive array of vehicles at a lower price point than its' competitors. My Cadenza is loaded with safety features and the latest technology available. It was priced below similarly featured imports in its' class. Reliability is weakness for Kia. My 2 year old Cadenza has been serviced 3 times for major repairs. The warranty is excellent and covered all my cost for service, but could not compensate me for my inconvenience. Resale value is another factor that hurts Kia. Similar Toyota's, Honda's, and Subaru's are superior in holding their value. Kia's just don't seem to age well. Based on features and overall cost, I would recommend leasing a Kia for 3 years. I would not recommend buying The Kia Cadenza.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have always driven large and expensive SUV's; such as Denali's and the Escalade; but, now that I'm older I wanted something smaller and less expensive, but reliable and with a good warranty. Someone said that I should look at the Kia Sorrento or the Terrain. I almost laughed, until I drove one. The power, features, and comfort they manage to pack into these vehicles is nothing short of amazing; especially at such a low price! It has most of the features that really matter to me, such as lane departure, back up camera, blue-tooth with Apple play. I honestly don't know how they make money!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

In all of my 54 years and multitude of vehicles I've ever owned or leased, this one, by far, has been my favorite. It's also the first one I have not itched to replace after 2 or so years. It is the most comfortable and easiest to maintain and handle. The body and interior are well crafted and even after almost 6 years of use are still in almost pristine condition. The paint still looks brand new and the leather interiors seams and carpeting are still in great condition. I am not the most vigilant with washing and vacuuming either, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it. I would and do, wholeheartedly recommend the Kia Sorento SX to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Kia overall is a great affordable choice. We have owned 2 Kia Souls and 1 Sorrento. The Sorrento is roomy and versatile. We have 2 kids and it's been a wonderful family car. The fold down third row is great for when we need the extra room for groceries. We have taken the car on many road trips and find it very comfortable to travel in, even with small children. We feel safe in it and enjoy having it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

One of the best cars I've ever bought. It drives so good and very comfortable seating. It has the best warranty on the market (10 years) and for half the price of other vehicles that are similar in style and performance I am very pleased with my Kia Sorrento. It is a great SUV for our family. Go test drive one and see why there are so many Kia Sorrento's on the road today. I paid $23,000 out the door for a brand new 2018 SUV. I did a lot of homework and bought at a good time saving over $10,000 on my vehicle. I would definitely recommend buying a Kia. I'm happy with mine and will be buying another one soon in the future.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We purchased a new 2012 Kia Sorento. The first dealer never rotated the tires, and refused to help with a defective Spring. I had the pictures of a snapped spring on the front right. Had to replace all the struts and tires. Switched dealers. At 60,000 miles, the car started to have major electrical problems. Second dealer was worse than the first, changed battery and radio unit. Kept coming up with thousands in expenses. Finally, I told them to replace the starter and the car worked again. I cannot wait to get rid of the car ASAP. Never again will I purchase a Kia since the warranty is worthless.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I loved my Kia 2013 Kia Sportage. I was a Honda and Toyota owner for years and on an impulsive buy I decide to go against my own advice and bought my 2013 Kia Sportage brand spanking new. I really didn't have a complaint about Kia until I was riding down the highway one evening and the car just lost power. After towing it away the mechanic told me that the engine was seized and it was a $7000 repair. He advised me to call Kia because this appears to be a Known issue.

After doing my own research, I discovered that there have been a number of recalls on these cars (55,000 in the united states) and a some across Canada. Well long story short....my engine number is not in the recall list along with 100's of others who have lodged investigations with Transport Canada. They have a list of these cars from 2011-2013 that were sold with a defect. Buyers Beware. Kia knows about the issue but refuses to fix it. After the agent wished me all the best.... I can never buy or endorse Kia again.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I'm not sure where to start. The customer service department does not care to help at all. I would never recommend a Kia auto to anyone! I gave them every chance to work things out, sent letters, call the BBB and Consumer Affairs, Etc... Still nothing! They just don't care. Look at their Better Business Bureau rating, or google Kia complaints to see what I mean. Don't ever buy one!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I am a loyal customer that has not missed a payment. I work in a call center and my husband in a mall both closed due to COVID. I called to put one extension on they told me to call back next month if your still not working. I call and the agent tells me, no, I AM PROBED TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS AND YOU DO NOT QUALIFY. Really, I did prior what is different he said, "Well you get unemployment." I said, "Yes I didn't lie. I told you that and FYI so did I last month." He did not care to help me at all. I told him I am a family of 6. Unemployment barely covers food let alone rent, even told him that I had to move to a smaller cheaper apt 'cause I couldn't afford mine.

Do not buy from them. IF THEY CANT HELP CUSTOMERS IN TIME OF CRISIS THEY SHOULD NOT GET ANY OF OUR BUSINESS. I have sent many people to them NEVER again and I will be sure to post in every platform I can think of to warn all. BBB, Google, Consumer Ad, and I will be informing the ATTORNEY General and I will be blasting them on shame on you, all online news pages. I will be sure everyone sees that this is not a company that cares about people but instead their pockets when they are so many grants/loans to keep their business afloat. I even told the guy how he is making bank off of customers like me. I lease so I defer my payments it extends my lease which means at the end of the term they will be hitting me with so many fees for being over miles. SHAME ON YOU.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I made an appointment a week before my appointment. I was very specific about the recall over the phone when I made my appointment. I have came in. I was very specific when I talk to the front desk why I was there over my recall, I even told them if I need to pull out the paperwork, they corresponding with me acknowledging why I was there. They have told me it will take 2 1/2 hour. After sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes I went to the front and I noticed my car has not been pulled in the back so I asked them if they can take me home like some other dealerships do.

After talking to them more about this recall they told me that the parts not there and they were trying to do something else with my vehicle that wasn’t approved. Now in February 5 they wanted to put a liner in my gas tank. I told them I did not wanted that done and that’s what they were trying to do and charge me $160 for it without my acknowledgment. Poor customer service. They don’t listen to the customers and after all this the man looked at me like I was the one confused. I would definitely not recommend this business. They honestly don’t care about their customers.

Kia Company Information