2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (1799 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: July 15, 2021

DO NOT BUY KIA!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! 3 months ago on 4/1/2021, Folsom Lake Kia received my new 2020 Kia Sorento for repairs from the result of a collision (WHICH I HAD JUST BROUGHT SIX MONTHS AGO). They sent my vehicle to Toyota Collision center (right next door) which according to Toyota Collision center would take 1 month to be completed/repaired. However, they notified me that they weren't responsible for ordering/shipping of the necessary parts needed to repair my vehicle, that Kia Roseville was responsible. Toyota Collision was ONLY responsible for receiving the parts to repair the damaged car.

For the first 30 days, my insurance covered my rental. But come to find out my repairs were going to take longer, due to a part being sent from kia damaged and received damaged by Toyota collision center. Toyota Collision also informed us the remaining parts were on back order due to covid, so you would think they would try to compensate their loyal customers in any way they could.

That negligence put my car's repair status back a whole month. So I went to speak with Folsom Lake Toyota collision center to compensate me, since the part was going to have to be reordered because of it arriving damaged. Toyota collision center said its not their job to assists us with a rental, that Folsom lake kia should since they're the ones working with our insurance and ordering/shipping the parts needed to repair my vehicle. So I took the advice of many people working on site, and I spoke with Folsom Lake Kia's head supervisor (Doug I believe his name was) to get my issue handled at the lowest level possible. My wife and I, inquired about a rental or loaner vehicle, until my vehicle was completed/repaired.

He informed us that it doesn't work that way and that we would have to contact Kia Motors of America to receive assistance. So we did.... And since then Kia Motors of America along with: Kia Motors Finance, Kia Consumer Affairs, Kia Assistance Team, Kia Collections Department have ALL avoided assisting us with solving our problem, (due to their initial negligence). They've ALL hung up on my wife and I, kept us on hold for hours on end, kept transferring my wife and I to different departments to avoid us speaking with their supervisors, been rude and said disrespectful things, tried to get us to sign falsified documents.

So 3 (almost 4 months later) of rude, careless, and negligent departments, customer service associates, and supervisors (JILLIAN in collections department being the worst!) I'm FED UP, with the horrible service I've had to endure over the 3 months, which has caused tremendous stress on my wife and I, especially since we have 3 kids one of which is a new born! So since it's virtually impossible to reach the head of these departments (cause they keep you on hold). So I've had to leave a review here! To warn others of the horrible service, THAT COMES WITH PURCHASING A KIA

Long story short, DO NOT BUY FROM KIA! They don't solve issues at the lowest level possible and DEFINITELY DON'T solve issues at the higher levels possible! Even in the midsts of a pandemic we cant receive any genuine help from ANYONE! & if you don't believe me read some reviews from Kia Motor finance!! They do not care about helping you! Money is everything! NOT YOU OR FAMILIES WELLBEING! Be safe, & God bless!

Original review: July 6, 2021

My 2014 Kia Sportage has had the same engine issue 4 times, forcing it to go into limp mode and has requiring a tow. Kia has assured us that it was fixed each time. This last time it happened 200 miles away, forcing me to drive out to pick up my wife. After the issue was fixed, we attempted to drive it back home only to have the same issue happen a mile down the road. Now Kia is refusing to provide us with a rental car during the time that the vehicle is being transported back to us, which could take up to 10 days. Being a family of four with two working parents, this situation is less than ideal. Kia has not proven to be reliable or trusted to make it right. They have owned the issue, but in the end they will leave you out to dry.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Kia Stingers have faulty brake rotors, this is a known issue and a quick Google search for stinger rotor problems will confirm this statement. My rotors have been pulsating since about week one of ownership. Kia will not resurface or replace the rotors that I have have been fighting to have fixed for about 9 months now because I have since installed aftermarket wheels and tires. What a joke, any excuse they can use to get out of covering their faulty products. Will not be buying another Kia, ever.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I have been a 3 car Kia customer for almost 10 years. I was Kia's BIGGEST fan, telling EVERYONE how great a company this is. I've converted 5 people into purchase of a Kia. Which is why I’d like to tell you why I am no longer a Kia customer and now a Nissan owner. And will tell EVERYONE I know to do the same.

In the last 10 months I have had more than a dozen service visits. Starting in August 2020 my engine was losing oil. After first visit, my SA Edwin agreed this is a problem, do the oil consumption test and we’ll be on our way for a repair. Test Done, with a "Sorry. We have to do the test again but we replaced the ignition coil." (2nd Coil since I’ve owned car) And again we test. With more "Sorry. It didn't burn enough oil," or "You have to come in EXACTLY at 1,000 miles." (This is NOT true; math can be converted at any mileage over the 1,000.) Even when I told them it starts burning at the 2,000 mark after oil change.

Over and over again, I miss work to sit in the dealership, or WALK home, as the dealership insisted on these appointments but wouldn't give me a loaner (I have full coverage insurance). Finally in March 2021 they decide they will clean the combustion chamber. Need to leave car: they make me RENT a car saying it will be paid for with my warranty. ADDITIONAL days needed as more problems occurred while in for repair. (Oil switch). "Keep the rental" they told me, it’s covered. Return the rental and the dealership won’t PAY THE RENTAL.

I have now missed over 30 hours of work, repeated oil change costs for the process, Rental Fees, Inspection fees that were never reimbursed. All in avoidance of a repair that was clearly needed to my engine. Go back into a new dealership Kia Schaumburg on 6/1/21 for scheduled oil change, and the Tech tells me there is NO OIL ON THE DIPSTICK. AGAIN. 10 months later and I still have the same problem. I hope the $100,000 lifetime of customer income I was generating (I buy a car every 3 years) was worth losing over this. I understand mechanical failure. I was an AUTO SERVICE ADVISOR for 10 years. It's how you handle it. And Kia Failed. (Case # ** for FEELING UNSAFE IN MY KIA, NO ONE CALLED ME BACK.)

Original review: May 24, 2021

I have a 4.5yo Sorento that had the engine fail on the freeway. After $440 to get it towed to Lakeside Kia we have been told the car isn't there, it is there, it was the turbo charger, it was the piston, it is under warranty, it is still be assessed we can get a replacement car. We can not get a replacement car. In the meantime it has been 3 weeks and no one is giving a straight answer or saying when it will be fixed. The warranty is rubbish. Never buy a Kia.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Never buy a Kia!! And if you do expect no help from them on recall parts, I've spoken to at least 10 people!! Half say one thing. Half say another!! Especially their specialist Jamie, he was horrible, mean in Jan almost!!! I've been walking for three weeks and can't reach anyone at the dealer. That's three hours away from me!!!! He acted as if he is the one who's been.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I should have waited a few more weeks for sale... The car has a dangerous recall about car fire. It's in all the news and yet no answer from Kia except don't park your car indoors. It might catch fire.

Original review: April 5, 2021

BUYER BEWARE!! This is intended to strongly express a ZERO rating of Corporate Kia, as they refuse to stand by their products and are hurting their dealerships in the process. We have recently become part of a VERY large group of Kia vehicle owners with known defective engines and Corporate Kia refuses to rectify the issue of their poor quality!! We own a Forte with ~79K miles on it that is well kept. When the engine just recently began a loud "knocking" sound and a timely engine recall notification came to us, we brought it to Kia.

After charging us $135 for a diagnostics fee and having our vehicle for literally two weeks (stating that Corporate Kia had been hacked and their systems were in disarray), only to ultimately tell us the engine recall issue DID NOT apply and it would cost us $8,250 for them to put in a USED engine!! Yes, $8,250!! They also stated that our vehicle had been serviced by Kia all along, but that the engine was junk?!? There are many Kia models already in lawsuit settlements for this defective engine issue that surfaces later on, but it is not on the Forte yet. Do a simple Google search and you will discover this. If you're thinking of purchasing, please do your research first, as there are many other car manufacturers out there who do not have this devastating design defect that leaves the owners with big $$$ expenses and no recourse. How Corporate Kia can ignore their consumers and poor quality like this is highly unethical and is why I am posting this!

Original review: March 23, 2021

My Name is Freddy. My first time purchasing a car, they act like they doing you a favor and they are your best friend, once they feed you all these lies and you shake the hand and pay you are no longer a priority to KIA. Whoever is not busy will help and they dont know anything because they send a person in training or doesnt know much of the job, I must say but KIA sucks. I will never ever buy a car at KIA. I dont care what lies they sell.

I got a brand 2019 kia Sorento in 2020. Due to the snow and ice I hit another car from behind. Now State Farm is another problem. They sent a towing company to pick up my car so now I want my car fixed so another towing company picks up my car from the first towing company and they delivered my car to the body shop at night when it's closed. Now they called me at 8pm. "I have your car. The bodyshop is closed. What would you like me to do with your car," uh hello I dont work for state farm or kia. So it took a month for me to get my lease car to a body shop. State farm has paid $1000 for my rental. That's great. I thought the car would be fixed by then.

We are in MARCH 23. My car is not fix. I am paying out of pocket for a Hertz rental $28 a day. KIA can not do anything for me. It's not my car. It's a lease. It's KIA's car. I'm using it for 3 years. The car accident happen FEBRUARY 6. Here we are and still I dont have my car. I am 6ft 200 pds driving a Chevy spark, cheapest car they had, I work every day. I live pay check to paycheck. I work at a church and I cant get no help from no one because everyone wants money that i dont have.....KIA KARMA is around the corner.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Got this car in a lease in 2017 from a very bad Kia dealership in Fort Walton Beach Florida. Continuously kept up with oil changes. The rear tail light on the driver side malfunctioned or I had to replace it twice because the seal was not staying sealed. Then I’d PCS to Hawaii 105 thousand miles. And with no notification the car stops running. Take it to the dealership and they said, "Oh well I’m sorry. You’re 5000 miles over the warranty." So there’s nothing that I can do. It’s $15,000 for a new motor. Very discouraging From dealership and Kia consumer affairs. Do not buy any Kia vehicles.

Kia Company Information