Kia

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Brand new 2017 Kia Sorento top of the line. MSRP 51k I leased this junk, thank god too! I woke up today ready for work and when I went to start this junk, it wouldn't start. I had to call Kia roadside asst. Here is the number 800 333 4542. They came and towed it to the nearest dealership. I'm now waiting at home missing work, waiting for the dealership to call me. Do not buy or lease a Kia. I would be better off with a bicycle.

I currently own a 2015 Kia Optima. In July, a Check Engine light came on while driving to Florida for vacation. We visited Son’s Kia in McDonough, GA service department and were told our car was reading an inactive code they could not fix. We were told they would clear the code and the check engine light went off. Two weeks later the check engine light comes on again. I googled the closest Kia and found Kia of Carland in Rowell, GA which is 40 mins away from where I live. After waiting a week for an appt, I was told again it was an inactive code that couldn’t be fixed unless it came on again. The code was cleared again and the check engine light went off. Approx two weeks later, the check engine light comes on again. I contact Kia of Carland and made another appt. I was told it was the catalytic converter and would need to wait a week while they ordered the part.

After waiting two weeks, I contacted them and was told the part was never ordered because they didn’t believe it was needed. The service department told me it was just an update and said they couldn’t call to tell me that because they didn’t have my phone number. This was difficult to believe since they would call me to verify each service appt I made. I made another appt for them to do the update and the check engine light came on again on the drive home. I contacted the service department again and was told it was probably the catalytic converter and I needed to schedule another service appt to have it replaced. I expressed my frustration saying I just wanted to get the car fixed so I can trade it in. I was told "I probably owed too much money on the car and couldn’t afford to do that." I told them regardless I had gone through 4 appointments and was still having issues.

At this point, I was so frustrated so I contacted the Kia Customer Service. I spoke to Representative who listened to my story and contact both Son’s Kia and Kia of Carland while I was on hold to get my service history. The rep stated I could switch service to another KIA dealership about 30 mins away. The rep also stated that he would assign me a case manager who would contact me within a few days to make sure we had assistance in getting the issue resolved. We made a service appt and were told it was the catalytic converter which would take a week to order and receive. The service dept did contact us when the part arrived but was told they could not fix it on Saturday since they only do oil changes on that day. We inquired about getting a loaner and dropping off the vehicle and were told they were unsure when it would be available.

Today, I contacted KIA customer service again since a case manager never called me as previously promised. I was told there was no record of my previous conversation and no documentation that the other Kia’s had been contacted. No case had ever been made and no case manager ever assigned. At this point, I became so frustrated I began to cry. I explained the story once again that we had been through 3 dealerships, 5 service appts, and 2 phone calls to Kia customer service just to get this issue resolved. I was told by the representative that he could not make the dealership to change his schedule to fix my car on Saturday. I never once asked him to do such a thing. I was only wanting help figuring out how to get my car fixed since the only day I have off is Saturday and they don’t fix cars on that day at that dealership.

I was told by the representative that I would have to work out something with the dealership and that is all that could be done. This is the 5th Kia that we have owned and I never would have thought I would have this problem. I just want to get the car fixed so I can trade it in and never own another KIA. I don’t trust the car, the dealerships, or the corporation.

I was contacted by Kia Customer Service (KCS) on 11/14/16. My situation was reviewed and I was given a case number. I was told someone from KCS would be contacting me in a few days to resolve my issue. When I didn’t receive a return call within a week, I called back on 11/21/16. I was told then by KCS that my case was given to an escalated case manager who would contact me by 11/23/16. No one ever called so I called KIA Customer Service back on 11/28/16. That representative told me that all of KCS was on holiday last week and no one would have been there to call. The rep verified my phone number which was outdated. I gave rep the correct number which she later found since someone had called me before. The rep stated that I had a new case number, why I do not know.

The rep stated that someone would call me back in a couple days. I related that I was frustrated because every conversation I had had with KIA Customer Service I was told someone would call me back and never did. The rep proceeded to tell me the dates that I had called which only listed a few. To date, I have called 5 times since October. The rep stated that it took time to contact the dealerships which I’m surprised took 28 days to do. I really thought contacting KIA Customer Service would result in action and I would finally get my car fixed. However, the opposite is true. To keep count, I've been through 5 phone calls to KIA Customer Service, 5 service appointments, and 3 different KIA dealerships and my car still needs to be repaired.

I have requested a extension on my payment due to some personal issues. It was for one month. Kia stated they would send me the documents. They said three days. It was 7 days. I got it and tried to fax it right back to them. Could not get through to any line they had. The paperwork stated a address to send to so I sent by special mail. It arrived 3 days later. 18th. My deadline to have it in was 21st. The tracking number stated the mail was in their post office box 8:52 AM. This was in time for my request. They denied it.

They can't process anything in a timely matter so they give me deadlines but then because they are a business that is behind the times they can't get it done. One rep said we only have so many people to process. NOT MY FAULT YOU CAN'T GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. But guess who pays the customer. ZERO HELP FROM THIS COMPANY! Warning - don't do business with Kia Motors if you want your blood pressure to remain normal. Good Luck to you if you do!!! Texas mad as hell!

Bought a Kia Forte in 2010 new. It's been six years and we have never had our Kia in the shop!! We put brakes/tires oil changes and had to replace sway bar bushings once. By far the best vehicle we have ever bought. We hit a deer which totaled the car. The car has 161,000 miles and we would continue to drive our Kia if it wasn't for the front end damage from the deer. The problem with my Kia is they do not hold their value. To our family our Kia is valuable in every way. Thank you Kia!!

This car has a defect that Kia is not telling consumers. If you try to turn into oncoming traffic and hit the gas quickly this car will actually stop in the middle of intersection and leave you there while the POS Traction catches up with the engine. Very unsafe. The Tech from Kia has informed me that there is no fix and they all do it, so his remedy is to just take it easy and be careful when entering intersection to make sure you leave lots of room before pulling out... I could not believe this and I want to warn other consumers before you spend $65,000.00 on a car. DO NOT BUY THE KIA K900. It's a death trap waiting to happen. I am getting rid of this car ASAP before I end up in a very serious accident Killing some innocent people or my family. DO NOT NOT NOT BUY THIS CAR.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

I have a 2016 Kia. Got into a head on collision with 9000 in Damage and my air bags never deploy. I call Kia numerous times. Got the runaround. Was treated terrible and then they are always sending survey. They are so crooked that if you write anything negative. They send you a message that you don't qualify for the survey. This is the worse company I dealt with in 30 years. All their surveys are rig. Their management group is worthless.

KIA, a Korean company obviously does not know about or care about the US customer. I just received my latest 2016 KIA Optima. It is top of the line and loaded. But guess what? It does not have a home link for my garage door opener. I was told it is a $500 add-on in spite of the fact that my last KIA Optima (a lower trim level) did. How stupid is that? Next I went to have my snow wheels and tires mounted, because I live in the North. I have a set of KIA tire sensors on both sets of wheels but the computer will only recognize one set. I have to go back to the dealership twice a year and wait 30 minutes to an hour, and pay $50 to have the computer reprogrammed. Very customer considerate and friendly when it is a simple software issue. My experience is that KIA is not a customer-focused company, only cares about the dollars. I cannot recommend them, especially if you live where snow tires are needed or if you have a garage.

I have only had my car for about 4 year and a couple months. I keep up with maintenance and everything. Recently, my car has been shaking, stalling and the wheel drifts to the right. It has got to the point where I do not even wanna drive this car. I brought my car to Kia and they quoted me $150 for something that needs to be replaced and told me that my tires are causing the wheel to act like it does. I still have a warranty for the car and they did not fix or replace anything. There are more problems to this car that I am not aware of. I was looking to keep this car for another two years, but looks like now I am going to have to trade it in. I a bit disappointed with Kia, I did not think I would run into so many problems so soon in the game.

Leased a 2015 Kia Optima SX in November of 2016. Within a short period of time my car was back in the shop because of a flat tire. Apparently the tires are not able to withstand New York streets because of the low profile wheels. I was told that "this is a common problem on this car and there are changes made to the 2016 tires." When picking up my car, I found a big scratch on my driver door. The employees of KIA insisted that it was already there, basically calling me a liar. I asked for their car assessment, and they said "they didn't do it." I was so upset because I work hard to keep this car nice.

I overheard the girl behind the desk saying it wasn't there. She was shocked to see me walk in as I caught her talking about me... Let's just say she never e-mailed me that survey that she said she would send before this happened. It would of been a bad review for her. They did get the scratch out for me eventually but I am sure they thought it wasn't their fault. DO YOUR ASSESSMENT.

Second incident - another flat tire. The person who sold me my car said that "I keep blowing the tires." Insinuating it is my fault. So there on after I literally have to avoid all bumps in the road causing me to drive uncomfortably. Third incident - Brakes failed on me three times. Had I been closer to the car in front of me, I would of crashed or could of hurt someone walking. I pulled over after the first time and called KIA. Told them what happened and they asked me "So, you're afraid to drive the car?" Uhh... YES!!! (Unbelievable)...

After getting off the phone with them, I decided to try the brakes again with no one in front of me and twice they failed. You would step on them and they would flutter, make a loud noise and the car would NOT STOP. I got the car towed. Roadside assistance charged me $70 and they weren't supposed to. When they came to pick up the car, they didn't have a destination for my car and told me I would have to pay MORE to bring the car to another location. I was supposed to be charged ZERO dollars for this whole process. (I am still trying to get reimbursed). Car eventually got back to KIA and I was told that there is nothing wrong with the brakes. Nothing at all. 90% on the left and right side. The guy went through all the check for the brakes.

"Ok, so why didn't the car stop," I asked. He said, "I don't know." At this point, I didn't feel comfortable without knowing the WHY to my question, and that there was nothing to fix. It's a very scary thing. I made a visit to the dealership and spoke with a manager there about my concerns. He said to me "Maybe it was your mind and you stepped on the gas pedal." Probably THE WORST response to provide to a client about their concern.

A month later I get in my car (that's how long since I've been in it) and I found a piece of paper with someone else's information in it. A different name, different car, different case, different vin number. So now I am wondering, "Did they even check the right car for the right person, right problem?" I called KIA consumer affairs. I had them document this issue. They really didn't help much. I asked to switch out cars, give me something I feel safe in. They told me it would cost me $1000 and an extra $100 a month. So I would be paying $415/mo for a Nissan Altima. I just feel that it's important that people know about my case because it is a very serious issue. I feel that I shouldn't have to pay more for a problem I didn't cause. It's cheaper and safer for me to take the bus. It's a matter of doing the right thing by people and that KIA did not do. Be careful with these cars.

I purchase a 2012 Kia Soul from Regal Kia and in 2016 the engine busted. There was no indications that there was a problem with the engine because the engine light never turned on. Also, a month after I had the car, the starter went dead, had to pay $400 for a new starter. I want everybody to know that the Kia Soul is not a very good car, do not buy them. When I got in touch with the Kia Headquarters, they did not want to take responsibility for their defective car. Warning: Do not buy the Kia Soul or any Kia cars. They are poorly made cars that dealership make money on. No I would not recommend a dog much more a friend.

Bought my Kia Sorento in 2012. It is a 2011 only had 29,000 miles when purchased. After having the vehicle for 1 week I noticed the car was very shaky on the highway. I took it back to the dealer (not Kia dealer) it was purchased from and they said a tire is bald and they would not replace. One month later I was driving home and my windshield cracked all the way up the entire window. Took it to be replaced thinking maybe a rock hit it and they brought me into the bay to show me that the windshield had been cracked from the inside because a heating element blew. Kia would not do anything to help.

I have had to replace numerous parts and have many things fixed that should've not had to be fixed so early on in a vehicle (ex) oil pan cracked, starter stopped working, struts and wheel bearings needed replacement very early on. Since the car was purchased I've replaced my tires 4 times, had 4 alignments and the car still shakes... Recently the radio stopped working all the time and chooses when it wants to turn on. I wrote a review on twitter and Kia consumer reached out saying they would like to help. They called me got all info VIN, mileage etc. Told me to bring to a Kia dealership to have it looked at.

I brought my car at the designated time they gave me. They ended up giving me a rental for the weekend so they can look at it only for monday to come and Kia consumer care calls me to tell me there is nothing they can do because of the mileage. Are you kidding me? They knew the mileage before having me waste my time to go have it looked at. Now they are also telling me the ball joints need to be replaced which is why it shakes. That's funny. I've had this car 4 years and you're telling me not one mechanic has figured that out... Kia consumer care DOES NOT CARE. Kia is the absolute worst company ever. I would never recommend buying a Kia unless you're looking to dump all of your money into fixing the car constantly.

I own a 2013 Kia Sportage and over the weekend my daughter got trapped in her seatbelt, and I had no choice but to cut the belt off of her. I went to my local Kia dealership and they were great, they rushed ordered the part and said it would be fixed in two days. Today I called Kia Corporate and they were completely awful, and messed everything up for me. They called the dealership and stopped them from working on my car.

The people that work for Kia Corporate are rude and beyond insulting. They said things to me that I could never imagine a customer service representative saying to a customer. They told me that I don't care about my child's safety, and then told me I called three times today, and that apparently I can't listen to what they are telling me. That's right. I called three times today to be run around the bush and I spoke to three different people who were all equally rude. What kind of people do you have working for your company? My 7 year old daughter treats people better than your customer service agents. I'm so fed up with the way that I was treated that I will trade in my Kia and never purchase a Kia my whole life. I would never recommend anyone to buy a Kia just on the fact of how rude the customer service treats their customers.

My daughter bought a new 2015 Kia optima. It had numerous problems. The dealership didn't stand behind the product until threats of legal action. When we called Kia North America we were told they couldn't do anything about customer service. Are they kidding? The dealerships represent their brand? Suffice it to say I wouldn't drive a Kia if I was given one. I would trade it in for a reputable car.

I purchased my Kia Sportage in April 2015 brand new. A few months ago I started to have problems with the engine turning over and starting. I have gone to the Kia dealer twice and they cannot duplicate the problem and so they can't fix it... no error codes either. I have videoed myself starting my car and when I emailed it to the dealer's service manager, he said that is normal. How is a car that has less than 9,000 miles, with one user and on-time maintenance having a problem starting and you tell me it's normal? I've owned many different vehicles in my lifetime and this by far has been my worse experience in purchase and use of a vehicle. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am a freelancer and my work is contracted by time. I need a reliable method of transportation and right now, my new car is not reliable. What will it take to get this cleared up?

This started a few months ago and it is getting progressively worse. I got ripped off on the price so I'm making payments on a new vehicle that is less reliable than my old Nissan that had 175,000 miles on it. This is not acceptable by any means. My business is on the line here. No one can figure this out as to the issue. If you can't figure it out, then give me a new car or transfer my lease to Hyundai and I'll get one of their which I had no problems with. Kia should take responsibility for this vehicle's problems but I find that no one cares and I'm stuck here with a new car with low mileage and problems starting the car.

My husband and I purchased a 2012 Kia Optima Turbo new in 2013. It had 14 miles on it. $30k. Since purchasing we've had issue after issue with it. Steering column clicking. (No recall. Several complaints.) Turbo wastegate issues several times (kept bogging down, likely only running on 2 cylinders and requires a restart to activate properly). No recall. Several complaints. Turbo oil line with hairline crack (out of warranty). Fuel gauge sending unit left on side of road twice because it had 2 bars to empty only to find it's also broken.

Rotors brake pads has to be changed at 25k and again at 50k and needs it again. Mind you I don't drive it hard at all. I was told the rotors and brake pads on a new Kia are among the cheapest, & I would have to replace both the rotors and brakes all around to elevate the continuing issue. (I had a 2007 Nissan and at 75k never had to replace the brakes or anything for that matter.) Clear coat on front bumper cracked and pealing completely off. Kia refused to look into the issue blaming it on me for rocks and debris causing damage. Warranty not transferable (no need to say anything on this).

I was happy with this polished turd only until about 25k miles when the first issue happened with the steering column rubbing together. Then it was the turbo. Several times I took it to the dealership for the repair. They said it was too much oil. Drained some oil, it kept doing it. I took it back in all 4 to 5 times before they found out it was the wastegate. Then it's the turbo oil line and even though I've had several issues with the turbo, it's out of warranty now and they refuse the fix. Currently it's the fuel gauge sending unit. While this could happen on any car I feel very strongly Kia uses the cheapest parts available essentially selling lemons and even though there has been several complaints refuses recalls. Several times I was left on a tollway where the speed limit is 80 because car refused to accelerate.

All around bad for business, and I will continue to fight for justice & deny recommendations to everyone wanting to purchase any type of Kia. Kia needs to recognize that the vehicles they continue to put on the road are unsafe, and unreliable and they need to own up to it, & set responsible recalls. All around cheaply made, but look great. Seems they have it backwards. I do not recommend to anyone, and I will not buy another.

It went from some noise to the rod going through the motor block in a matter of a minute. 2012 Kia Sorento. I put easy miles on my cars. Never have I had this problem on other makes and I usually keep the cars much longer. Now the Dealer is offering me $500 for the car. I just put more than that into brakes. This kind of built-in obsolescence will not keep me coming back.

My 2012 Optima engine stopped on the highway out of state, on 9/23/16. It wouldn't restart so I had to tow it to the nearest dealership. It took Kia a week to approve engine replacement after requesting maintenance records, which I provided. (All my maintenance is done by Kia on time.) I only have 60k miles. I didn't get my car back until today, 10/13 /16. I am still waiting for Kia to reimburse me the cost for the rental I was in. And guess what?? My engine cut off on me AGAIN. Today, 10/13/16 the SAME day I picked it up on a Saturday night. I was able to make it home. Luckily the car shut off one around the corner. I'm beyond frustrated.

Me and my partner purchased a 2012 Kia Optima about a year ago and it was the worst mistake ever. Since having the car we have had to replace several components including but not limited to: a door lock actuator, a steering coupling, as well as the motor. As if things were not bad enough now my steering wheel is making a clicking sound and whenever I hit a bump or get to 60 mph it makes an awful noise like the bolts have come out of the steering column. This by far is the worst car I've ever owned. Not only will I never purchase another one I will continue to discredit you all to social media and all outlets possible because you ARE NOT PROVIDING A SAFE NOR DEPENDABLE VEHICLE.

There were many customers just like me at the dealership dealing with the same problem, that says to me you there is a problem and rather than issue a recall and get them off the road you would RATHER JEOPARDIZE OUR LIVES AND PACIFY THE SITUATION BY ISSUING SERVICE BULLETIN. The fact is you all are responsible and should be held liable for all the inconvenience and dangers we consumers face everyday in this dangerous unsafe hazardous cars you call Kia's.

My wife and I bought a used 2012 Kia Sorento in Sept. 2015 with a 2.4 liter and a GDI engine. Well this past sunday Oct. 2nd 2016 the Sorento was making loud metal noises in the engine and while driving it stalled. I pulled over and sat for a little while and started it up again and drove it to my inlaws. The next day oct. 3rd I drove it to Kia Horne here in Gilbert AZ. They looked at it and told me that there is a LOT of slug it the engine and metal noise in the lower part of the engine. They told me that it was able to be fixed and I would have to spend 6900 for a new used engine.

The next day I told Kia Horne that I would produce the oil change documents for the past year. I was able to get 4 receipts but not the 5th one even though I knew I had received 5 oil changes within the past year. Well it's been a week and my extended 100,000 mile warranty will not cover the repairs also because of the slug. The Sorento is at 85,000 mile at this moment.

I found that there is a lawsuit against Kia for producing engine that were manufactured wrong and still sold knowing this. The Claim states that the Theta 2 liter and the 2.4 liter GDI engines contains defects that cause a restriction of oil flow through the connecting rod bearings and other parts of the engine. The claim also states that the defect causes stalling and complete engine failure at any time, including while driving, making the problem a serious safety hazard. The lawsuit claims not only did Kia conceal that the engines are prone to failure, but the automaker concealed the defect from consumers to keep selling the vehicles. The reason why I am leaving this information/review is to see what more can I do to get my car fixed by Kia and or join the lawsuit or start my own in Gilbert AZ.

I was one of the misfortunate people to purchase a used Kia. There was 70,000 miles left on the warranty but I did not know that this did not transfer to the second owner. Kia is one of two companies that do not allow for transfer of warranty. I had the ball joints replaced at my Kia dealer and within a short time the engine overheated and required over $1000 of repair. I question what was done to the vehicle while being serviced. Overall the service at Kia has been poor and when I complain I am treated as if it is my fault. I will never own another Kia vehicle.

This vehicle is probably the worst vehicle I have owned or leased new, with 38 miles on it - April 2016, smelly sea, no new car smell, needs cabin air filter, need kia roaming customer manager to drive this,

Bought the Kia Sedona new in 2010. Really we had no issues with it until turned 103,000. Check engine light came on AND van would just die (aka go into "limp" mode) where it'd only go 10-15 mph. This could get someone killed one day. Local shop said it was giving codes they couldn't find. Took to dealership, had throttle sensor replaced. "That fixed it"... no it didn't. Two days after picking up, light back on. Took it back. Other issues; needs new fuel canister, carbon filter (overrun gas tank basically). "That fixed it"... no, it didn't. Same day returned. Needed new fuel regulator, then some O2 sensors, then entire fuel system cleaned. "That fixed it"... no, it didn't. Returned it within a couple of days. The entire repair process has lasted over 4 months, in and out of shop w/ dealer putting 1,500 miles on van test driving.

Was in shop a few weeks ago, needed new throttle body ($500). "That fixed it", NO IT DIDN'T. Did not even make it home, light came on, van went into "limp" mode. Now, we're at $2,500 total repair bill and still have a defective van. Called Kia, but like everyone else, that did not do any good. Don't plan on buying another Kia. I did get a loaner for a couple of months, the Kia Optima. Wasn't real impressed with it either. Van is too old for Lemon Law so exploring options of contacting local news outlet for a story and looking at small claims court. Looking at replacing, but reading other reviews I'm wondering, "Where can you get an affordable vehicle that someone will stand behind when it's bad?"

Received Kia Motor Finance Lease Agreement, dated 09/19/2013 with noted Maturity Date of 09/19/2016. The disposition fee will be waived if you purchased or leased a new Kia Motors Finance within 60 days after the return of the leased vehicle. I had decided not to purchase and to return the car. I returned the car prior to 09/19/2016. When I leased the car on 09/13/2016, I had the alarm activated, 3m edge protectors door guides and handle cap, windows tinted 2-4 for a total amount of $1451. I had new brakes serviced on 06/06/2016 and completed set of new premium 19" tires installed just before the brakes this year.

I took extra care of car which had no dents. I called Kia to go over added charge of $290 fee and was told the front bumper had a scratch which I was never aware of nor have I ever notice when the car was wax or washed. The car was waxed and spotless when returned. I took pride in keeping the car in top shape including using synthetic oil and filters. I received notice for request of $690 to be paid within 15 days from date of notice dated 09/29/2016. The total consisted of disposition fee of $400 and excessive wear and use of $290. My wife and I prefer not to be charged unnecessarily and as a result of this I will be frank with anyone that might be interested in leasing a Kia to watch out for these unnecessary added fees if one elects not to purchase the car. I sent check for above amount of $690. I did not take photos when I returned car since it was immaculate and did not foresee any problems.

My Kia has gave me a Kia migraine headache once again. They refuses to fix the engine because it's out of warranty by 10,000 miles. Even though it is the same problem that they extended the warranty for Kia should to do a recall for the engines for the 2012 Sorrento's instead of an extended warranty because it not fair to all of the owners.

Just received first bill will three days' notice to pay. I have been on phone over 2 hours and can't get an account set up. Their reply, "You have to get another computer (had tried on a computer and my phone) and just keep trying". I then asked for a manager and was begrudgingly forwarded to a manager who kept trying to help and now 2 hours 20 minutes later, still do not have an account and they can't set one up for me (even though they have all my info on their computer system).

I bought a new 2013 Kia Forte which is 3 years old. I have kept vigilant oil changes and checks with mostly other companies because Kia keeps me there for 4-5 hours just for an oil change which I have to do on my only day off work. Therefore I chose to go across the street from my house for oil changes etc. completed in 30 minutes max. Well I brought my car into Kia three times before it hit the 60,000 mile warranty expiration to be sure everything was good with the car. I hadn't had ANY issues. Each time I was told the car is perfect. No problems. I decided at 62,000 miles to take it in (against my better judgement) for an oil change since they were giving me a discounted oil change and a free car wash/vacuum.

"Coincidentally" and yes I'm being sarcastic since now I'm 2000 miles out of warranty, they NOW tell me a list of things that need to be fixed including by the way my wipers that proves they are deceptive since I had them changed a month previous. Anyway I fix what they tell me which was expensive and after a 5 hour wait I'm handed back my car with no vacuum. They would NOT give me a loaner. They also did not apologize. So fast forward 2 days and I'm ready to go to work and my battery dies plus the EPS light is now on and they tell me it's going to cost a few thousand dollars most likely. The car doesn't even have 70,000 miles on it yet. What I don't understand is how an entire steering box or whatever it's called has to be replaced after 3 years and nothing is under warranty even the drive belt that I had to get fixed when a couple of months before it was not even flagged as a problem.

The steering issue was also not flagged as a problem until conveniently for them I take it in for an oil change and now there are multiple issues. I feel as though they messed with my car on purpose. I know it sounds paranoid but it was perfect until it went there for an oil change. I only bought that horrific car because of their so-called amazing warranty. DECEPTIVE!!! I am already talking to a lawyer as of yesterday and he's waiting to see what happens at my next appointment. They are also very very rude and when I tell them I need a car to drive to work, the man Xavier says "don't you have another one"? NO XAVIER I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER ONE. I am a single mother with one car. I used to drive an Infiniti and I thought I would go a more sensible route with a great warranty with Kia. What a joke!!! I wish I'd stayed with Infiniti. Their customer service was amazing and flawless. I feel very unsafe with this car and my lawyer knows this too.

After reading all of these reviews I feel even worse and it seems like they are not being held responsible. These are my first issues with this car and I even paid extra for a better warranty and the warranty has covered NOTHING AT ALL. How dare they get away with this and their engines failing and putting people's lives at risk??? This is disgusting! I was going to give this car to my daughter for college. That will NEVER happen now. I urge all of you to sue them as I am about to. That at least gives me some hope. Never again Kia.

Kia lost a payoff and now wants more money. Kia provided a payoff good through 7-11-16 in the amount of $30,314.32 for Francia **, which was sent and we have a signed receipt for the FedEx package #** on 7-11-16 by someone at KIA. The package was delivered to Payoff Department Kia Motors Finance box 650805 1501 N. Plano R. ste 100 Richardson TX 75081. They have not processed the payoff, and now they are requesting a payoff for $30,625.73 good through 10-8-16. We are asking that they honor the payoff that was quoted on July good through 7-11-16 for $30,314.32.

I went to Bald Hill Kia in Warwick, RI with my CPO Sorento. Somehow and for reasons I can't understand they couldn't find that my vehicle was certified. After several call I spoke with someone name it Kevin (Kia customer service representative). He couldn't help me and blame me and the dealership that I should know better if my vehicle was cover or not instead help to solve the issue. Finally he told me the CPO warranty was under JM&A and he couldn't even give me their number so I google it and find it, and talk to them. They told me to have the dealership to call them and yes, I was cover!!! This all process was too painful and I will not consider to buy another Kia because the experience was horrible, from the dealership to Kia Motors Customer Service!!! I have some more issues but I will take the vehicle to my personal mechanic and pay out of my own pocket, and avoid the hassle of Kia service.

If there is any attorney out there my last post is big. There was a Engine recall due to the engine creating oil sludge. Hundreds of people out of a car and accidents due to the car locking up and shutting down. Consumers are being told it's due to lack of changing oil.

My son purchased his first car, a pre-owned 2012 Kia Optima and less than a month later the engine seized. The engine needs to be replaced and Kia Motors of America refuse to because he is not the original owner. They say that the 100,000 power train warranty is void. However, I found out that this has occurred with their new vehicles also. I have gone to social media for justice. Voice your complaints on Kia's FB, Twitter, etc. posts #boycottKiaMotors. We will get justice one way or another. 3000 complaints will keep someone else from making the same mistake.

Kia Company Profile