Kia

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am seeking information from owners past and present of 2010 Souls in regards to pain and suffering in the lower back and legs. I currently own a 2010 KIA Soul. Around 2 years after purchase I started developing issues with my lower back and legs, pain, numbness on long drives of 2 hours or more. I researched everything in my life in the way of activities, job duty changes, etc. The only major change was my trading in of a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer for the KIA.

I wouldn't normally attribute back issues like this to a car seat until I talked with my daughter who at the same time owned an identical 2010 KIA Soul. Without prefacing my question I asked if she had experienced any back issues driving her Soul. She replied not really unless she drove more than 4 hours then she experienced pain and numbness in her lower back and legs. She has since traded up to a Sportage and her issues have subsided. Are there any recalls out on driver seats? Is there reason to pursue legal action?

After reading all the problems and issues everyone has faced with the Engines seizing in their Kia Sorentos, I was terrified that I would have the same issues. On April 20th, I was driving my 2012 Kia Sorento when without any warning my engine shut off, lost power steering, braking and everything. It was a pretty intense few seconds while I was sure I was going to get into a major head on collision. I managed to get to the side of the road. I tried restarting the engine - nothing, the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and then the inside of the car started filling up with smoke and the smoke started rolling out from under the hood. I got out of the car, grabbed the fire extinguisher I have in the back, lifted the hood and was prepared to see flames. Nothing but lots of smoke. The care was towed to the dealer and was told the engine had suffered a catastrophic failure and seized. That's when I started reading about all the issues everyone has been having.

Kia instructed the dealer for me to show proof of maintenance, I went to the mechanic that has done all my service and he gave me a printout of the services performed. Kia still was on the fence and had the dealer pull the cover and check for sludge. The engine was clean - no sludge whatsoever. I did some research and found out that there is a lawsuit in progress against Kia for this very issue, plus a recall notice. Long story short, document everything, keep your records, do some research and having everything with you when this happens to you. Kia is replacing my engine with a remanufactured long block and providing a rental car at their cost, all covered under the warranty. I had 85K on the car when the engine seized.

I bought a 2012 Kia Sportage in 2014. It had roughly 80k kms on it. Come November of 2016 I received a letter that there was a voluntary inspection notice and a warranty extension of up to 200k due to poor manufacturing and potential sludge buildup in the engine causing poor oil flow. December of 2016 my engine seized. No engine, no oil pressure light. Nothing. The vehicle was paid for so I had a non-dealer mechanic find and install a used engine for me. All said and done 8500 plus taxes, etc. etc. End result there was no oil showing on the dipstick. I had checked a week prior and it was fine. No visible leaks or pools on the ground.

I take a road trip to Colorado from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I had no more than 5500 kms on that engine and it seized. Again, no warning. This time the oil level is fine but my mechanic had no explanation as to the cause. Now with a mass recall coming out May 19th I ask kia if I will be reimbursed for my engine. Of course the result was no. The customer service rep claims it went right to the top of kia and that was their answer.

The company has admitted there is a major problem with the 2L turbo and the claim was because I didn't let them inspect the engine they can't do anything for me. They just finished telling me the month before I was over 200k and out of luck. On top of it now I'm also advised that if the current engine seizes I can call them to see if they can help me out at all but I'm not counting on it. So now I'm afraid to travel by car, can't sell this vehicle for more than what the scrap metal is worth and I'm out 8500 I didn't have to begin with. Thank you kia!!!

I am writing in reference to the safety of my children. I am a single mother of two (one having a disability). I have purchased my second Kia in the past three years. I love my Kia Soul. I have only had this car a year and five months. I am very saddened to know that my motor is causing my car to burn oil so frequent that I am having to add up to a quart a week to make sure that my engine does not lock up on me. I am so upset knowing that as a single mother, I just cannot afford to buy an engine, a motor, nor can I afford to get one fixed. I use my car on a daily basis to transport my children, and for my job. I am planning a move across the country in June and I just do not know what I am going to do.

Is there anyway someone from Consumer Affairs can help me get this fixed. My warranty is out because I am over 100,000 miles. I bought an extended warranty upon purchasing the used vehicle. I am aware there are recalls happening with Kia and would like to know if my car qualifies. I am taking a risk everyday on putting my children in that car. I was so upset when I spoke with someone in Consumer Affairs and the only response they gave me was that I better try and hire a lawyer! Please I am begging for someone to help me. After my family and I have been valued customers for years and have purchased a total of seven cars out of the East Tennessee lot, I know that there is something that you all can do. Please help!!!!

I purchased a KIA Sorento in 2013. It was brand new. In 2017 at about 30,000 miles, it started producing a lot of blue exhaust. It continued to produce the blue exhaust, so I took it into KIA Roseville to get it serviced. They changed the oil, did regular maintenance, and checked out the problem. When I went in to pick up my car, they said everything was fine, and there was some sludge, but it should work its way out. They also told me to call them if the problem persisted. The problem did persist, so I called KIA Roseville, and asked if I should bring the car back in. They said that the problem was probably caused by the sludge, and that I should just continue driving on it to work the sludge out. Well, I kept driving on it, and even drove from Sacramento to San Diego.

When I got back from my trip to San Diego, my car started making a strange noise. I called KIA, and made an appointment to get it checked out again. I took my car in, and this time they told me my engine was about to fail, and that we needed to replace it. They also said that KIA would probably not cover the warranty, because we were missing some of our maintenance-receipts. They told us that there was excessive sludge. What kind of car gets excessive sludge in the engine at 30,000 miles? Oh, and mind you, I never had one warning light go on in the car. Well, it turns out this problem with KIA Sorento's, and other models, is happening everywhere. I have found hundreds of views with the exact same problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Bought a used Kia Sorento 2014 from the dealership back on January 2016. Sometime in December 2016 started having problems with the doors not locking. Did not have chance to bring it to the dealer to check until February. Apparently, something is wrong with one of the Fuse and they need to replace the entire Junction box. I thought this would be a manufacturing problem and it will be covered by Kia. Unfortunately, it is not and the cost would be $875.00. Warranty is over 1 year so it will not be covered. On top of that, the dealer charged me an additional $120 because I also mentioned to check the rear view camera because it stopped working.

A word of advice, Kia will charge you an extra diagnostic fee for every problem you want them to check. Tell me if this is not a rip off. Unable to do the repairs because the cost is too high so my doors do not lock and my rear camera is not working. I would never purchase another Kia and would not recommend it to anyone.

Bought a 2012 KIA Sedona with 29K miles on it from LANDMARK DODGE, which I've then had a little over a year... When all of a sudden huge white plumes started to pour out from the exhaust at 56K miles. The culprit... Excessive SLUDGE! Despite regular maintenance and oil changes since owning it, being under the Kia 5 year/60 mile warranty and having purchased the extended warranty because we planned to keep it for a long term investment (for our family of 6)... KIA corporation, Landmark Dodge and the extended warranty all continue to play this game of hot potato. I continue to jump through hoop after hoop with not a single one standing by the POS product they sold us in exchange for our hard-earned money. Despite known sludge issues in other engines, and a pattern of dishonesty about their other products, this vehicle apparently doesn't have the same problems?

Not buying any more of that crap. For 6 months, countless phone calls made by me, my vehicle sits at their dealership, waiting for an $8200 engine transplant... Had I known a little over a year into owning this "good value" I'd have to pay that, I'd have bought a new car! I'm tired of playing the game. They have lost me as a customer... I will never buy from Kia or Landmark Dodge ever again!!! In fact, not only have they lost a customer, but have a gained an activist to share their TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WARN POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OF THEIR INFERIOR PRODUCTS!!! Bring back the lawsuit!!! This is not settled!!!

Bought new Kia Soul 2014. Very hard to see out of when I am changing lanes. The wide right rear panel block view. I have had starting problems since October 2015. I never go anywhere without my jumper cables. In November 2015 I had to leave the car at dealership for 3 days so they could try to figure out the problem. They decided I needed a new battery. I am still having starting problems. I brought the car in last month they said there is no problem. Yesterday had to have it jumped 3 times. I'm disgusted.

After driving Hondas for 18 years now, I decided to give Kia a try. I purchased a gently used 2013 Kia Optima SXL 2.4 turbo on 02/03/2017. Fast forward to 03/03/2017 while traveling to South Carolina to visit my mom, I exited the interstate and went to accelerate, the car wouldn't go over 30 MPH, being that it was late at night no repair shops were opened. Mind, February is a short month so at this time I had only had the car 28 days. I take it to my local repair shop 03/04/2017 the mechanics literally laughed and said "Ma'am we will look at your car, but 9.5 time out of 10 we are going to have to refer you to the dealer, in the last week alone we have had 3 of these cars and were unable to determine the issue."

I get a call from my local repair shop later that evening saying that they went to crank the car and it will not start. I get the car towed to Kia and was advised the engine had locked up, and that it is covered under warranty, that was 03/06/2017. Here is where my problem lies, the dealership in which my car is at, was unable to provide me with a loaner because I live out of state. I asked the young lady "Well my mom lives here, could you give her the loaner and I can just drive her car back?" We are listed on each other's insurance policies. I was advised no. Totally frustrated I just purchased a bus ticket back home. A 22 hour bus ride for a 7 hour car drive.

I called on 03/13/2017 to get an update and was advised that the engine was on back order and I would be looking a 10 days. So I called my local dealer. Spoke with the service manager. Explained everything to him, and he also advised that the engine was on back order with no ETA, however he had no problem with providing me a loaner if was able to get the car towed to their dealer. He also provided me with 1-800-333-4kia. I called and spoke with a gentleman who escalated my issue. I explained to the representative supervisor that this vehicle is my only form of transportation as I am a traveling home health aide. I need a vehicle to drive. Megan is her name. Said that she would call the dealer to verify what I was telling her.

On 03/24/2017 I get a call back from Megan advising me that she verified the information that I was given, and the only thing that she could do was offer me rental car reimbursement and that they would reimburse 20 a day for a non Kia, and 30 a day for a Kia and that does not include taxes and fees, I told her I can't afford that. She said "I'm sorry but that is all we can do." I go online to look at rental car rates at all the companies and I'm looking at 350 a week for an economy car not including fees. 3/27/2017 I speak back with Megan and advised of the rates and told her that is not feasible and that Kia needed to think outside the box on how to resolve my issue. I then propose to her that Kia arrange to have to vehicle towed from South Carolina to Florida where I live to my local dealership since I have to wait and at least I can be provided with a loaner.

I was advised the Kia Consumer Affairs with only pay for towing once the repairs are complete, and that my motor had already been ordered through Kia company and that I just have to wait! I then asked since we are on the topic of reimbursement as well, is Kia able to reimburse me for my bus ticket? She told me I can submit it for review along with my receipts from Uber. At this time I'm seeking a lawyer because this is totally unacceptable. How can a company that knew that had a particular issue with a certain engine not issue a recall, instead of "If it happens we will address it at that time." Not only that why isn't there a stockpile of engines somewhere due to Kia knowing that this issue is out there.

I will never recommend the purchase of a Kia to anyone. I won't buy another one myself. KIA does not care about consumers because if they did they would have other measures in place to aid in customer satisfaction being that people are already being inconvenience due their poorly manufactured vehicles. Here is issue number two I have with this vehicle. I also noticed while on this trip that while getting gas it leaks. When I called into Consumer Affairs I was advised of all these other campaigns opened on this vehicle. Sad part about issue number 2 is Kia is not willing to look at it until issue number 1 is remedied. I am the second owner of this vehicle and I feel like I purchased an underdeveloped lemon.

Worse car (Kia Rio) ever to buy. Anyone thinking of buying a Kia... DON'T. Worse customer service, cheap cars. Bought mine in 2003 after 120,000 kms needs a new Transmission. Door locks are faulty and should be recalled. I have had problems yearly with brakes. I wish there would be a lawyer doing a class action lawsuit against Kia for ripping off so many people.

We bought a 2008 Kia Rondo EX 2.4L brand new from the dealership and opted for the Kia Protect 5 Star plan extended warranty. Thankfully this covered repeated visits for struts and front end parts and included the premature timing chain (not belt) replacement at 140K. At 151K the engine throws a rod through the block. All oil changes performed and documented and reviewed and approved by Kia. However the Kia Protect warranty states two items:

1) Repair will be covered up to the wholesale value of the vehicle (originally I was told by Kia my wholesale value was $1500 but after a month Kia Protect reviewed and increased to $3500).

2) Warranty repairs 'may include new or reconditioned Kia parts' but also says 'at the discretion of the administrator '.

Response from the dealership: "I spoke with the extended warranty company this morning and they gave me a max value they will cover, they will cover to a max of $1479.00, and they will only install OEM Kia parts, which means you would have to cover the difference, and new parts and install you’ll be looking upwards of 10,000.00 which would be a large difference to cover. Your other option is a used complete motor assembly that would be approx. 4700.00 plus taxes installed, but they will not cover any of it. Motor will take a few business days to get to us, then we would need a few days for install."

I argued with both the dealership and Kia that 'may include' does not mean 'must include'. However Kia Protect will only replace the engine with a new Kia engine and will not consider a used engine. Estimate from Kia Protect (LGM FINANCIAL SERVICES INC.) "The estimate is as follows: total estimate $9484.60. Kia protect: $3500 including taxes. Remaining balance to be paid by contract holder: $5984.60. There is a $500 difference in the amount if the head does not have be machined." Escalated issue from Kia Protect from adjuster, supervisor and manager to no avail. Will be looking for a new vehicle from someone more reliable that stands by their product.

My 2015 Kia Optima was towed on to the flat bed from the rear bumper on November 26, 2016 by Ken, tow driver from Garges Towing company, contracted by Kia's Roadside Assistance. I'm speaking on behalf of all other Kia's customers who have encounter unprofessional/unacceptable service from towing companies contracted by Kia like Garges Towing Services. It would be my assumption that Kia would contract towing services/operators that know how to conduct their service correctly. It is clear and makes complete common sense that my vehicle should have never been towed from the rear and because of this negligence/careless act my vehicle has damaged bumpers/panel.

The Kia's Optima manual states not to tow from rear regardless of it having flat tires, in my case, I had flat tires (all four) and tires have sport edition rims which should have been a big caution sign (visible) not to tow vehicle from the rear. I will be emailing other responsible individuals within Kia, BBB and other necessary parties. During my own investigation, I interviewed a tow driver who conducted service when talking to a Kia service department in Covina, he mentioned and described the appropriate method of towing my vehicle because of the flat tires and sport edition rims. He stated, that the flat tire on the driver side should have been replaced with the spare tire (easily accessed from the trunk).

After replacing the flat tire with the spare tire, my vehicle should have been towed from the front bumper on to the flat bed. It was obvious, that this method is commonly know by tow truck drivers and used to prevent damages on vehicles being serviced. It is unfortunate that in time of need, I utilized Kia's warranty service which is offered to its customers and highly advertised and in return an unprofessional tow truck driver was contracted and completely ignored the proper method and therefore damaged my vehicle. I with my own eyes saw when my vehicle was towed from the rear on to the flat and both bumpers were scraped from the bottom. The front bumper was pulled apart from the entire body in the way I could see it almost come apart. The cracks on the front bumper clearly illustrated on the photos and are the result of improper towing service.

2016 Kia Soul. 23500k miles on it... engine started making a noise while accelerating slowly. Checked the oil. It was low but in serviceable area of dipstick. Checked for leaks, including checking the filter. Took it to the dealer and the check engine light came on for the first time. Dealership is now saying that the oil filter was loose and all of the oil leaked out. The oil was not changed at the dealership so this is their tried and true way of denying the warranty. They used to void the warranty outright if the change was not at the deal but now they say the part failed.

This car has been to the dealer two times for oil related issues. The first time oil was leaking after they changed it and they blamed the drain plug failing. Before I took it in that time I checked and the plug was loose. Of course this was covered under warranty because they messed up but would not admit it. This time, they blame the filter and claim oil was all over the underside of the car. ODD!! I was under the car to check it 20 minutes before it was in the deal ship and there were no leaks found?? Now the outcome is a blown engine that Kia blames on faulty service. Don't touch them.

I leased a 2017 Kia Sportage SX Turbo GDI, Fully Loaded (it has everything you can think of except for driver memory seat). The car is very sporty and good looking, and that is all the good stuff I can say. I leased the vehicle April of 2016, the vehicle operated good 6 months and that is when the problems began. On September 14, 2016 I took the vehicle into the dealer because of a check engine light (only 1,682 miles driven). Spent about 2 hours of my day at the dealership to be told that the code was a turbo under boost and a misfire, they cleared the code and said not to worry and gave me my vehicle back. Also there was a recall for rear door latch replacement to be done on vehicle, I set appointment for the following week for that recall. On September 21, 2016 I took the vehicle in for the recall of the rear door latch assembly, another 2 hours of waiting at the dealer for repair.

On September 28, I had to have the vehicle towed by roadside assist to the dealer because when I started up the vehicle in the morning there was a strong fuel smell coming for the vehicle. I called roadside assist in the morning to pick up car from my driveway, was told, "The tow truck would be there in about an hour." Tow truck did not make it to my home until late evening to pick up vehicle. Got to dealer and was told that an animal got under my vehicle and chewed on my fuel line (this was not covered under my warranty as the part was not defective, I told the dealer that, "If the fuel line was not made of soy-based products the animal would not have chewed it thinking it is a food").

I have three other vehicles on that same driveway and none of them have ever had a fuel line or any other parts chewed by animals. I was told that I have to pay for that repair and also would have to pay for a rental while the order part and repair the vehicle. Which I believe I should not be responsible for (I ended up paying for that repair and a car rental). At time of repair the vehicle only had 1924 miles on it. On October 5 I take the vehicle to dealer for a check engine light again which was the same problem as original check engine light on September 14. Waiting again at the dealer. Another day wasted. They came back and told me that they had replace the 4 spark plugs as because they were bad, they even tried to tell me that, "The spark plugs ruined because of the chewed fuel line" (I told them that, "I am not that stupid to believe that, don't give me a flame shooter story"). The vehicle only had 1938 mile at that time.

On December 23 the vehicle broke down in the middle of the street in rush hour. I called roadside assist and was told they would have a tow truck there in 60-90 minutes. The police had to come and divert traffic while waiting, the officer came to my vehicle and asked if roadside assist was on their way, which I responded, "Yes." He asked me to call and find out how long before they get there. I called them back about 30 minutes after my original call to get ETA, and was told, "More than 2 hours." The officer told me that, "We cannot block the road for so long" and he would called a tow truck to take us to dealer, which I had to pay for. We get to dealer and I had to argue about getting a loaner vehicle. The dealer checks the car the next day and finds that it would not turn over.

A week later they tell me that my vehicle needs a new engine, (my vehicle only had 2538 mile on it at the time). They order the new engine to replace original one. All the time I am stuck with a rental which was not equal to what I leased and still paying my lease. Finally I received my vehicle back on Feb 1, 2017 hoping that this time it will be okay, still have not received the tow that I had to pay for on Dec. 23, 2016. I told the dealer, "The reason I buy/lease a new car is not to have mechanical problems to worry about" (they don't care once you buy the vehicle). I WILL NOT BUY/LEASE ANOTHER KIA.

I purchased a brand new Kia Sportage from Kia Swan Hill. I purchased the car 2 hours from where l lived as they had what l was after & the best deal at the time. A couple of months after l brought the car I received a recall letter in the post. I rang Kia in Bendigo as it was closer. They asked me to drop the car off & leave them with the spare key. I explained that l did not have a spare key. They explained that all new Kias come with a second key regardless of what Kia showroom you purchased it from & was told to contact Kia Swan Hill where l purchased the car from to enquire about the spare key that l never received, because if l accidently lock my key in the boot l would not be able to retrieve it as the car would lock. This news concerned me as l had no spare key.

I rang them & they said they would get the man who sold me the car to ring me back. A few weeks later l rang again & was informed that the seller has since resigned. They said they would email the manager & ask him to ring me. I waited another couple of weeks & ended up in Swan Hill for the day with work & called into Kia. I was in the work car & was informed Kia couldn't do the key without having the car there. I explained that l was only there for the day & that it was a 2-hour journey to bring the Kia back to them. So they said they would send the new Key in the post to Bendigo Kia for me to collect. I waited another few weeks & rang Kia Swan Hill to be told they had sent the Key to Kia Bendigo.

I rang Bendigo Kia & was informed no key was ever sent. I was not happy & rang Kia Head office. I explained the situation yet again & was informed a key would be sent out & to my delight a key arrived in the post & that it would need to be programmed before use. I booked the car in at Bendigo Kia & when l dropped the car off. They said they key needed to be cut first. I had to drive to into Bendigo lock Smith & pay $25.00 to have the key cut & when l returned with the key, Kia Bendigo said it would cost me $80 to have the key programmed.

I was disgusted that l had to pay & rang Kia Swan Hill & asked to be reimbursed the $105.00. They said that would not pay they money & that l needed to drive the Kia to Swan Hill to have the key done. I explained that l had already lost a day's work running around the car back & forth to Kia Bendigo & to the lock Smiths & for the recall. Explaining that the 4-hour return journey there & back to Swan Hill in time & petrol would cost me even more in the long run. So I had no choice but to pay the $105.00. I am appalled the amount of time, loss of earnings, the cost of petrol & phone calls l have had to put into the retrieval of a second key & of which l should of received on the day as l drove my new car out from the showroom.

Leased the 2017 KIA Niro EX Hybrid car on Sunday and drove home 10+ miles. Odometer had 15 miles on it. Left the car in the garage for two days and attempted to drive it early Wednesday. Backing out of the garage and was steering onto the street when the power steering warning light came on and steering was very difficult and noisy (growling) - vibrating while turning the wheel itself. Pulled back into the garage and all warning lights came on. Shut the car off and retried several times. Waited with the car idling. Battery warning light came on. Let the car sit and looked in the manual for answers. Tried backing up again and all the warning lights came on again, and steering was again very difficult. Drove back into the garage.

Called the roadside assistance number and the flatbed truck took the 2017 KIA Niro EX back to the dealership. The tow driver had much trouble getting the car out of the garage and maneuvered onto the flatbed. This is a serious safety issue to us because the car could barely steer. Received call from service at KIA Cerritos saying power steering motor had to be replaced and that Korean engineers were flying out to look at the car personally. Still do not have a car, but we are in limbo now about the brand itself and are looking again at Toyota.

KIA of Cerritos - a very short description of our encounter before and after. Salesman said we could have leather seats in the base model, that it takes about an hour. When we went through the agreement, he instead was selling us a 35k vehicle. I asked, how did we go from 22.5k to 35k. He wouldn’t show us the numbers through the whole process. We were very pressured to take this vehicle, and the salesman kept referring back to a ‘pre-delivery’ inspection, which seemed odd - like something was wrong. Keep in mind, this is the shortest version.

After the KIA Niro steering failure and the tow truck delivered the vehicle, I had to sit through several more interviews at the Cerritos dealership, being shuffled around from office to office all afternoon, much like the initial sales day. A Head of Sales man told me the General Manager said no to my request to return the car and unwind the deal of less than 72 hours. I was going to just leave, and then I went in to confront the supposed General Manager. He said, "No, I'm not the General Manager, I'm the Service Dept. Manager." Then he took me in to see Joe **, the real General Manager of KIA of Cerritos. The conversation with the Cerritos dealership General Manager, Joe **, was very short. He simply said he won't 'buy-back' because it's now a used car with 30 miles on it. He said he won't call back the DMV title in our name.

I left the dealership and the car, which I still hadn't driven myself, in the service dept. to be fixed. When I got home I called a ‘lemon law’ consultant. He was very knowledgeable and said the dealership wouldn't have filed with DMV yet as it's too early and that it's usually done weekly or monthly. Remember we had the car less than 72 hours. It was late Sunday when we drove the car into our garage, and the next day was a holiday, President’s Day. So, that left Tuesday, and I attempted to drive the car Wednesday at 4am. I had also called Kia Motors Finance and they told me they couldn't find the VIN number - we had no account on file yet. In their opinion, there was no real reason for us not to be able to walk away and find another car. And of course after this, another dealership. We are still in limbo about our lease with KIA and the return of our brand new 2017 KIA Niro EX Hybrid.

KIA Picanto 2016 Don't trust KIA Motors! The first technical problem that occurred with the KIA was in August, the car was taken to the KIA service in order to fix the problem. I was told that the problem had been entirely fixed and would not happen again. However, after a month the exact same problem occurred. The car completely stopped in the middle of the road and the steering wheel locked making it impossible for me to move the car somewhere safe. I had two young children in the back and this situation could have easily caused an extremely serious accident with not just myself and my family but others on the road.

The car was taken to the KIA service in order to fix the same problem once again. This exact same problem has now occurred three times and each time it has caused me an overwhelming deal of stress, money and time. I am extremely frustrated and angry with this entire situation, the problem had supposedly been dealt with, I am not comfortable driving this car anymore as it is clearly not up to road safety standards and would never want to risk putting the life of my children or others on the road in any kind of danger.

Kia has very disappointing customer service. I bought my Kia back into 2012. It is a 2013 Kia Sorento Ex. I have approximately 89,000 miles on it. My oil check light started coming on and off (it would flicker). I brought it into Kia and they said that my oil pressure sending unit is failing and that is why the light was going on and off and it would need to be replaced.

They quoted me it would cost between $800-900 to fix. However, when I bought my Kia I got an extended all power train warranty good up to 200,000 miles. They said that it wasn't covered under the warranty though. Even though the actual part cost is $25 (where it's located in the engine is why the labor is so expensive), but if you read the reviews of Kias, this is a huge failing part of the car. Many people have issues with this and it's very common in kias. So why wouldn't they recall the part? They recalled them back on the 2011 models, but not the 2013. They are still a big problem. If this part fails, my engine would be destroyed. So then does Kia cover the cost under my power train warranty? It's a joke.

When I called Kia to complain of this issue, they couldn't give me an answer after I asked them this question. It failed on my car while it was parked in my garage. I woke up to find an extreme amount of oil on my garage floor under my car. Checked my oil and there was zero in it. I had to have a service come to my house since my car was unable to move without ruining the engine. After replacing the part and labor it costed me $502.00. I would never buy a Kia again.

I have a 2014 Kia Optima 4 door, 2.4 engine, 42,000 mile, paint and under coating is reacting. Paint has begun to come off. Paint has many places, that paint is wrinkled up on the car. Corp has denied any claim. Also headlight cover is losing coating. Kia will not replace. During cold weather, fogging took place. Kia after now 3 trips of 100 miles round trip repair leaking air conditioner metal line that was broken all the time. I would suggest a class action be filed by consumer protection in each state! KIA HAS NO REGARD FOR CUSTOMERS ANYWHERE.

I have had my car in the dealership on several occasion. I have a 2014 Kia Cadenza. A very elegant car but it is misfiring and it vibrates like crazy on a cold start and a hot start. The service advisor is always nice and polite. But the service on my vehicle is horrible. Kia knows my vehicle is misfiring and vibrating like crazy it's to the point where it I'm moving in the car too it vibrates so bad. I work for a Kia dealership and if Kia tech will do me like this they would do anyone like this. I would not recommend anyone to purchase a Kia Cadenza. They are garbage. They look good on the outside but rotten on the outside. And I know they are trying to wait until my warranty go out so I would have to face this problem myself.

I arrived to Kia at 8 am on Saturday 2-18/17 because my car was making noises when I pressed on the brakes. After 2 hours the rep came to the waiting room to speak to another customer and when finished he yelled across the room at me "ma'am your car probably needs brakes" then walked off...duh. I told them that when I got there. After another 30 min the same guy came to me stating my car needed brakes and they don't have them and it will be a few days before they can get them.

My options are 1. drive away and come back in a few days to have my brakes changed and try not to drive too much because if additional parts go bad I will have to pay a lot more and they may not have all the parts...they really told me that. 2. Pay for a rental car until the parts come in and they can get replaced. They refused to get me a liner at no fee. 3. They could order some brakes from the auto parts store nearby and use them, but they may be noisy and not last. Wtf. I drive a Kia Sorento 2014, I come to KIA to get KIA parts. This is the first and last time I come here. So horrible.

This has been the WORST experience I have EVER had. I went through USAA to buyout my Kia from a lease. Two months later I start getting collections calls saying I'm two months behind because Indiana is a dealer only state, and not only was I never informed, records indicate that Kia CASHED the check from USAA. They claim they issued a refund check to USAA but a week later, USAA still doesn't have it. Now I am paying two car loans, both of which are accruing interest. THIS IS ILLEGAL!

I live in France and am purchasing a Kia Sportage which is due to be delivered early March. In most european countries, a DAB radio is standard issuance. In France, however, the Paris office has said that my car will not be delivered with a DAB radio. The European Kia HQ headquarters have not even responded to my request made via their website. FM radios will be obsolete in less than 2 years. Why doesn't KIA apply some pressure on France to rectify this situation NOW? At least give clients an option? Will the 7-year warranty cover the change of all radios in KIA 2 years from now? I absolutely want to have a DAB radio in my brand new car. I am paying over Euros 40,000 for what will be, my first car in 18 years! Help! Action please.

I loved my vehicle when I bought her, she was pre-owned but very well looked after, one of the reasons why I bought her. A couple of months after buying the vehicle, one of my tenants, who I did not know worked for a Kia dealership, came over to me and asked if she could give me a piece of good advice. "Sure," I said, always open to good advice. Little did I know that the advice she gave me would turn out to be the best advice I never took. She told me to sell the Kia Sorento because it was going to give me endless trouble. Since she told me I have replaced a gear box oil seal, cylinder head gasket, radiator water bottle (took Kia month and a half to get me a replacement water bottle), 2 radiator water hoses, radiator, crankshaft pulley bolt, and most recently a thermostat, where again Kia took 6 weeks to find me a spare. Like I said, I love the vehicle, but I will never buy another Kia as long as I live.

I bought a Kia Sorento based on their claims of safety and all the airbags they have. In Dec I was in an unfortunate accident. Luckily my children were not in the vehicle. I was hit from all sides by multiple vehicles. NOT ONE AIR BAG deployed. The passenger side doors were on the seats and the frame between the front and back seats was split in half (right where there is an airbag). Kia said that in this situation the airbags are not designed to deploy when hit in that fashion. So they are claiming no fault. The vehicle was totaled. If Kia is so safe with all their airbags and I was T-boned and hit from all sides then what type of situation do you have to be hit in in order for them to deploy. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

I currently own a 2015 Kia Optima and days before New Years, my car started making funny noises and it stalled under a red light. The car was ultimately towed to the dealership where I was told it had engine failure and they performed a claim for a new engine which was luckily approved and covered under warranty. But the downside to it was that I was paying my car without a month paying it and when I got it back my bumper was cracked. I questioned the dealership and obviously they will brush it off... a week after my new engine... On a Saturday morning I went to drive my car and it would not start... again... The car was towed to the dealer and they now tell me it's the starter motor! Again no car... This is absolutely Ridiculous for a brand new vehicle and I am sick of owning a Kia! I strongly suggest you deviate from purchasing a Kia EVER!!!

The car was sitting in my daughter's driveway. When she went out to leave her house she got in and prior to starting the car she heard a large bang and then the left front tire went flat within seconds. AMA were called to attend and replace the tire with the spare. The AMA towing operator was unable to remove the tire as the exploded spring portion was embedded in the sidewall of the tire. The car was towed to Big O Tires in Westbank BC where they removed the tire and discovered the coil spring sticking through the tire. Thank God for BIG O as Kia would not do a thing.

The car is 2010 and was out of warranty and although the part failed in a very premature period the KIA people were impossible to deal with. They said I could send the car to them and they would replace the springs at a cost of approx $860.00. There is no way I could even consider sending the car to them as they were not even concerned about the potential for injury or death relating to an in motion failure of this nature. There is no way that this is the first failure of this kind for them and for me to allow them to replace the springs with a product that displayed this type of failure was not going to happen. Bottom line DON'T BUY A KIA. They are rude and don't care enough to address serious problems that could have cost my daughter her life. There will never be another KIA in our household and hope others will follow. My daughter had just moved to Kelowna to attend school and thankfully the spring did not fail while going through the mountains.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE???? I bought a 2015 Kia Forte in August 2015 from Brantmeier Ford/Kia in Sheboygan Wisconsin. Not 2 weeks later I had the car back to the dealership for issues. The BIGGEST issue is that the car is unsafe to drive on anything except dry roads. When there is snow, ice, or even heavy rain, the car will, out of nowhere leave its lane. This has happened multiple times. I'll be driving down the freeway at 65-70mph and out of nowhere the car will move into the lane to the right or onto the shoulder. You cannot anticipate when it will do it, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. When going over bumps in town the car shifts a lot, which feels like what it does on the freeway, only at a much slower speed.

We have had this car in and out of the dealership repair for over a year. Finally this year a technician from Kia came, felt what it did on the bumps and said it was normal for this model. I can assure you that it is NOT normal for ANY car to leave its lane while driving. This is a HUGE SAFETY ISSUE not only to the driver, but anyone else that is on the road when this happens! The dealership has replaced the rear struts, we've gotten new tires (which we paid for... the tires were worn so bad and in such an odd way in not even a year of owning the car), had alignments done, the list goes on... the repair department cannot find what is causing this.

From the very beginning the dealership was dishonest. 1st they offered a 0% deal (which is why we chose this car in the first place), when we were ready to sign the deal suddenly was not available. I could go on about the dishonesty we experience with this dealership, but my MAIN focus here is the SAFETY ISSUE of the vehicle leaving its lane while driving. If anyone else has experienced this PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I have contacted the State of Wisconsin on this matter and am in the process of filing a complaint with them and the BBB against both Kia and the dealership.

I own a 2013 Optima; the first foreign car I've purchased. This may well be the best vehicle that I have owned in my 75 years. Kia has been able to create a stunningly beautiful exterior with an equally beautiful interior. A word to your styling studio; don't screw up by attempting to create a totally different exterior. I am thinking about BMW, who has been able to improve their cars from year to year by gently improving a line here and another line there. It says "we have a great style" and will only improve the lines gently.

2015 Kia Optima. 37k miles or so on it... engine seized after oil change. Dealership is trying to weasel out of warranty because I don't have oil receipts. Magnuson-Moss warranty act of 1975 states the company must prove that the bearing failure was my fault before denying warranty (lack of receipts doesn't prove lack of maintenance). Also no manufacturer can require you to use their maintenance products unless they provide them free of charge. They had a class action suit last year over this very issue. Beware any company offering great warranties... they do whatever they can to get out of honoring them. Never buy Kia.

Kia Company Profile