3.1/5 (164 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Since I have been able to drive I have always gotten a Kia. They are the most reliable cars on the market and they are the most flyers as well. They have all of the latest features and the miles per gallon is amazing. If you get you a Kia you will definitely have it for the long-haul.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

130,000 runs like a charm. Nothing other than regular maintenance. Gas mileage hovers around 25mpg. Love the heated seats and 11 seat adjustments on both driver and passenger sides. Quiet with a feel of luxury.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Safety features with driver assistance are better than Ford in my opinion. Maintenance guides are better without seeking more profit than necessary that Ford seems to push in my opinion. Customer service personnel were more genuine & helpful than previous experience with Arrow Ford in Abilene.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I purchased a KIA Seltos from Orange Park, Florida. Persons listed below were OUTSTANDING and PROFESSIONAL!!! Kelton ** - General Manager, Chris "Tim" ** - sales, Jim ** - finance. Thank you ALL for your Great Service and Help.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I brought my 2022 K5 with only 25 miles on it in November and had to take it back to the dealership in December where they had my car for over 30 days. For an airbag light issue. Took it back in March to have the window lock replaced. Now 3 weeks ago I had to take it back for the same airbag light issue. Now they are telling me after having it for 3 weeks a mouse chewed the wiring and I have to pay for this. I do not have a mouse issue at my mouse and why did it take this long to find this issue how do I know this didn’t happen at the dealership. This is a mess. This is my 2nd Kia. My optimum was a nightmare as well. I am going to get rid of this car as soon as I can and I don’t ever want to deal with Kia and their service center ever again! And I will make sure I write this review every chance I get on every social media platform!

Original review: June 7, 2022

My husband and I purchased a Kia Soul a couple of years ago. The catalytic converter went and it wasn’t covered under warranty. Paid over 2000 to get it fixed at Kia. Less than a year later, it went again. We didn’t want to bring it back to the dealer because this shouldn’t have happened again…Because we bought it somewhere else, they wouldn’t pay for it…. 2,000 again. Now my husband has problems with it again. One of the cylinders is bad. Contacted Kia and they will not do anything about it. We are still trying to see if they will “good Samaritan“ it, but, it’s terrible that they will not stand by their product. Definitely not buying a Kia again.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Letter from Kia Corporate Headquarters dated April 13th 2022: re: my 2017 Kia Sedona. "...Kia is extending the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage for repairs that may be necessary to address an Oil Pressure Switch leak in 2015-2018...This warranty extension is to address the Oil Pressure Switch leaking condition at no cost to you during this extended warranty period."

"...if you notice oil leaking from the engine or if the Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light stays illuminated after the engine is turned off...drive carefully to a safe location and stop your vehicle...check oil level ...add oil as required and take your vehicle to an authorized Kia dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Your authorized Kia dealership will diagnose the cause at no cost to you during the extended warranty period." "...should the cause...be determined to originate from the Oil Pressure Switch, your authorized Kia dealership will replace the oil pressure switch AT NO COST TO YOU UNDER THIS WARRANTY EXTENSION" (Kia had the type in bold font)

Now the stupid part. When you contact a dealer they can't help you. I talked to three Kia dealers in my region and none could repair the switch without charging me their exorbitant repair fees and I would have to ask Kia for reimbursement. They say they have not been told by Kia the procedure for fixing it. One dealer had a vehicle in the service dept that he was waiting on a zone rep to return calls and advise as to what to do. Plus it can take weeks to get an appointment because of all the Kia recalls, etc.

WHY DID KIA SEND THE LETTER? What they are doing is setting you up to pay the big dealer repair fee until they get off their rear ends and actually provide service to the customer. To top it off, I have a broken power sliding door and several other recall, tsb issues that the dealer says I'll have to wait 2-3 mos. for an appointment to get fixed. As a practical matter, I'm getting a local mechanic to fix it and apply for reimbursement instead of oil leaking on my garage and driveway. I was thinking about another vehicle but I'm stuck with this one until the outrageous vehicle prices come down...and NO, I won't be buying a Kia.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This is a good car until you have problems. If you are within Warranty all is good. Kia is replacing my transmission at 99,600 miles (no charge). Kia is also replacing my Steering Column; this will be my 3rd steering column, first one was replaced at 7,500 miles (under warranty), next one being the 3rd steering column is being replaced at 99,600 miles at the same time my transmission is being replaced. Long story being short is, why should any car require 3 steering columns in its lifetime. I've never replaced a steering column in a car my entire life. This is obviously a DEFECTIVE part and Kia will not stand behind it. Kia Consumer Affairs promised to have this latest steering Column evaluated for 'Goodwill Warranty Assistance'. That is a big joke. It will cost me $1,700 for the Steering Column since they denied the 'Goodwill Warranty Assistance' based on the 60k warranty. WHAT, 3 STEERING COLUMNS?

Kia said it was also based on 'DEALER LOYALTY' and that I didn't keep bringing my car to the Kia Dealer where I bought it. WHAT???? I was told by Kia Consumer Affairs to take it to another Kia Dealership because the place I bought it couldn't find the cars problems to fix. I bought 3 cars (SOUL, FORTE, OPTIMA) from the same Kia Dealer. 1 of the purchases was due to the Kia Dealership 'crashing my car (FORTE), so I had go buy a new one (OPTIMA). YES, The Kia Dealership driver crashed my car. What a load of garbage about Loyalty. I serviced the 2015 Optima 100% at the Dealership.

Kia Consumer Affairs was impossible to work with, Don't bother with them. Rude, obnoxious, heartless, ignorant, thoughtless, read from the book, repetitive, won't give you a chance to speak, promises to follow-up but never does either one, makes up lies about calling the repairing Kia Dealer service department, more and more and more. Good Luck to anyone who buys a Kia. I certainly WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER, EVER!!!

Original review: May 1, 2022

2019 Kia Sorento EX v6. 3 years old w/ 35K miles.

Tires - I already need new tires.
    Alignment - Needed <10k miles,
    Leather Seats - Thin & Peeling.
    Warning icons - Something wrong with electrical warning icons randomly appear then disappear.

Splash Shield - Was told I needed a $450 splash shield (rip off). Why was the car not manufactured with one?

I foresee major problems and want to get rid of my car. Prior to my Kia purchase, I had a used Honda for 5 years with 140k miles, I never had major issues. My next purchase will be Honda or Toyota.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I have owned my Kia Telluride for about 7 months and in those months I have had to bring the car to the dealer 3 separate times for a vibration problem. For each time car was in service for a few weeks. First was told I needed tires balanced and they balanced. 2nd time was told I needed a new driveshaft and they replaced. 3rd time wad told I needed a new awd coupler and it was replaced. I am a disabled father of 3 kids and cannot go back and forth to the dealer all the time when they tell me I can't have a rental car or loaner and then strand me at the dealer 14 miles away from my house. There has to be a better way to help people cause it seems that kia consumer affairs is not even helping.

Kia Company Information