1.51/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Kia

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

1428 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

While vacationing, the engine on my KIA blew with no warning. No pre-warning engine light, just a complete engine fail. Fortunately it was under warranty, so the repairs will be at no cost to me. Also, I had the good fortune to be sent to a phenomenal service/dealer, Youngblood KIA in Springfield, MO, they've been fantastic!! Unfortunately, the only thing KIA customer service has been able to provide is the runaround. My son and I have contacted Consumer Affairs multiple times and each time I receive a different answer/response.

First the rental is approved, then the rental is in question, then they don't know what to tell me, oy vey!! All I'm asking is for them to stand by their customer, who had to leave the car 7.5 hours from home. I'm requesting a rental and a reunite of my vehicle once prepared. You would think this would be easy, wrong. If this is the type of customer service I receive on a warranty repair, I will NEVER buy another KIA vehicle. In addition, I will tell everyone I know about this experience so the buyer is aware of what they may be getting into. For the record, the service/dealership in Springfield, MO is paying for my rental in Ohio... That is how you serve your customer. I may have to purchase all of my vehicles from them going forward, they've already acknowledged that they'll ship a purchased vehicle to Ohio.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We own a 2011 Kia Sportage. We purchased this vehicle new and have taken great care of it. We have done all routine maintenance and the car looks almost new. We recently heard a knocking or ticking sound coming from the engine, took it into our Kia dealership where we were told the engine would need to be replaced. When I researched this issue, I found the exact same engine issue that resulted in a recall of quite a few models. Unfortunately our vehicle was not included in the recall we were told, and the dealer could not do anything about it.

I called Kia and opened a case, and 10 days later (even though we were told we would get a callback in 2-3 days) we were just told that Kia will not honor their warranty since we are slightly over in miles. A 6-year-old vehicle that has been maintained should NOT have a total engine failure! We also own a 2015 Kia Optima and we will be selling both vehicles now and not recommending Kia to anyone. The fact that Kia does not stand behind their vehicles speaks volumes. No more Kias for us. Very frustrating.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We bought 2012 Optima used May 2016. Late October 2016 received recall for engine. December 6, 2016 while driving from FL to SC engine began knocking; pulled off Interstate and turned off engine, checked oil and was in normal range. Started back up and engine seized. Towed to local mechanic for diagnostics; was advised engine blown. Mechanic checked for recall and found engine should be replaced by KIA as part of recall. Vehicle was 3 1/2 hours from home. This is first issue: KIA Roadside assistance (Shelby) said the Optima was not covered under warranty. I wanted the car in Greer, SC at my local dealer. I paid $457 to tow to Greer. After nearly 6 months KIA Corp agreed to reimburse.

Once in Greer KIA, was advised engine recall would cover replacement cost; however it told two months to replace. Was also advised the dealer would have to "retro-fit" original long block with short block engine (finally received repaired Optima first week in February, 2017). Fast forward to August 13, 2017. While driving at approximately 60 mph, engine burst into flames. Through God's grace no one was hurt. In conversation with KIA Consumer Assistance in CA, was directed to Corp Claims. I was contacted by Alex who advised he was handling claim. Alex had a KIA Inspector visit Greer from CA to determine cause of fire. After 4 weeks, Alex said the cause of fire was inconclusive--that is (in my opinion) because the fire was so intense the evidence is destroyed! Originally I told Alex all I want is my 2012 vehicle replaced by KIA and doesn't matter what brand vehicle. His initial offer was a "Goodwill" offer (as he called it) of $4,000.

I refused his offer and reiterated I wanted car replaced and requested a copy of the inspector’s report. Alex said he did not have a written report; I called him a liar and said legally if they inspected my Optima they had to write a report. According to the KIA Greer there was a report written but they were not allow a copy. Alex counter offered a Goodwill offer of $8,000 and wanted possession of the Optima. Again I refused the offer if they were to take the vehicle. Throughout the ordeal, Alex continued to suggest I have my insurance pay. After advisement, I relented and filed with insurance as we had to have a replacement. We have had to pay off Optima and find a way to buy a replacement vehicle. Is there any recourse? Anyone able to help?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I bought a 2013 Kia Optima Ex with 17,000 miles like new and have taken excellent care of my car. My husband washed it last week with a water hose and a big chunk of paint peeled off the hood. It keep coming off. I called the local Kia Dealer Brewbaker Motors and took it to them to see it. Basically they said it's over the 36,000 mile warranty. Nothing we can do. Call Consumer Affairs to see if they will do anything but I doubt it. I had previously called the Consumer Affairs, and had started a claim but had to take it to the dealership to take pic. That was a Big Waste of my Time. I called Consumer Affairs back to let them know I had gone to the dealership and what they said and the case manager ask me what did I want them to do. I said, "Help me get it painted." He said, "Well unfortunately it's out of the 36,000 mile warranty so we can't do anything. I am so sorry." I said, "That is so sad that y'all don't back up the sorry paint job y'all put on the Kia and Hyundai.

I will never recommend nor buy another Kia and let everyone know how they honor their work. It's a shame to own a car only a few years old and the paint is already coming off. He didn't have much to say. I also told him I already read that many more people have complained about this very same problem so People Beware if you Own or are thinking about buying a Kia or a Hyundai after 36,000 miles your Paint is on you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Bought brand new 2017 Sportage in April 2017. Sept 25 my wife parked it at 6:45 am at work. At 2 pm the car decided to burst into flames totaling the vehicle. Video shows no one messed with it. Has to be an electrical malfunction that started fire. Anyone else have any issues with this type of vehicle?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I bought a 2013 Kia Optima brand new off the lot. It now has paint that is peeling to the point that I cannot even take through a car wash without losing more paint. It also has several spots where the paint is bubbling up and ready to peel (see photos). When I took the car to a Kia dealer body shop I was told that it looked like the car had been repainted and done so poorly as it looks like dirt in several spots under the paint. I have owned the car since it was new and have not been in any accidents so the car has never been repainted. That is just the quality of the paint job when it comes from the factory.

I have contacted Kia corporate (Complaint # ** and **) and got the runaround that the is out of warranty and that I am out of luck. They are missing the point. This should not be happening with a car that is 4 years old. We own a 2011 Kia Forte without this issue. Considering that Kia had a class action lawsuit for this very issue and that they still have a response of "you are out of luck" tells me that I am not going to buy another Kia or Hyundai (same company). Do yourself a favor and do not buy pearl white of anything Kia makes as you will probably end up in the same boat.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had a horrible experience at the classic Kia in Ellicott City MD. I had complained about an issue with my car that arose a few months after purchasing my Sorrento and they kept insisting it was nothing for over a year and then kept my car for a month where it sat unworked on for two weeks to fix it. I was lied to several times and as compensation they offered me three oil changes. They went out of business before I even needed my first oil change and now Kia is saying they can't do anything about the promise made to me by a specific dealer. As someone who works in customer service I can't imagine treating clients this way and not stepping up to make sure they are happy with my services and product. I would not recommend Kia based on customer service.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

A few months back I received a recall letter for my 2012 Optima Hybrid regarding the engine recalls open for it... Upon receiving it I went to the dealership in which they stated that my car was not a part of that recall. Approximately two months later the engine had a catastrophic failure, in which the short block in containing units need to be replaced as the bearing failed. As per the Kia service rep stated my car is not a part of that recall and because I am the second owner and the car has 69,000 miles it's no longer covered by warranty. My concern is that this issue has many similarities between my vehicle and the recalled vehicle. The car has up to date maintenance and the records to show.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

So I bought a used 2015 Kia Sportage in June 2017, with 41,000 miles on it. Fast forward to nine weeks (August 23) and 2,800 miles later. I was driving on the freeway at night when the check engine light came on followed by all the service lights, then I suddenly began to lose power. Luckily, I was in the slow lane and coming to an off ramp. I was able to get the car to the off ramp signal when it quit altogether. Long story short, I called the dealership I bought the car from who told me to tow the car to Kia service dept. since it was still under the factory warranty.

After Kia looked at the car, they asked for all the service records or else it might not be covered. Of course, buying the car used, I did not have any service records to give them. They ran a diagnostic and told me it needed a new engine and because there was sludge in the engine, the warrant wouldn't cover the repairs. To make matters worse, they quoted me a price of $13,000 plus tax to replace the engine. $13,000! That's more than I bought the car for. According to Kia service dept, the reason for the high quote is because Kia stopped making long block engines so they would need build it from a short block engine. Really, Kia?

You already come up with ways to back out of honoring the factory warranty but then charge consumers $8,000 extra because you decided to stop making engines for the 2015 model? It's a totally insane price. It's a Kia for goodness sake, not a Mercedes. Fortunately, I had an out through the dealership I bought the car from. Since it broke down within 3 months/3,000 miles of the purchase, they took the car back - confirmed the engine was shot, and told me I could have a used engine put in it or they will roll back the purchase. I am definitely going with the rollback. Which makes me sad because I always wanted a Kia Sportage and was very happy when I bought one. This experience has made me feel that Kia does not stand behind their cars, and I will probably never purchase a car from them again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

On June 3, 2017 my 2015 Kia Sedona started making knocking noises. I immediately called Kia and they said I was not covered under warranty. I found that very crazy because I was only at 77,000 miles. So I called a few more times and still got the same response. I had just started paying on an extended warranty the month before so I figured I could use them. I had my van towed to a local mechanic who came with very high recommendations. He worked with me, called Kia (they even told him I was not covered) so we went with the extended warranty. On August 2nd the extended warranty company called me and said that I was covered under Kia after they put in my VIN number. I did this with Kia over two months ago and they said I was not covered. So, I called Kia again and spoke to someone in the main office. They finally said, "Yes, you are covered."

I had my van towed to the closest dealership and now a month later they said they cannot fix it under warranty. The independent contractor that came out said the oil was sludgy and they would not cover it. I gave them all of my oil change records, but they still said no. The car has been sitting for three months now. I still owe on it through the finance company and Kia is telling me the only way I can have it towed from them back to the other mechanic is if I pay them $164 for work they done on it. What??? That is crazy too!!

They want $8,500 to fix it, but the mechanic is way cheaper. I am so frustrated by all of this! It will take me time to save up enough to pay for a new engine and keep up with my car payments. Once I get out of this mess I will never use Kia again and will make sure I let everyone know all the stuff they have put me through. I lost a very good job because I did not have my car. Kia has messed things up for me because they will not honor their 100,000 mile power-train warranty!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I was looking for a car with great gas mileage, comfortable in seating 5 people, and would last for many years. I bought the 2009 Kia Spectra LE and had some reservations as I had always owned either a Ford or Chevrolet all of the years I had driven but the salesman indicated that the nitrogen tires increased the gas mileage. After owning it for 2 years I developed an air leak and kept taking it to the dealership to get nitrogen in the tire until they could get me in for service on the tire. I finally just started using air and found absolutely no difference in my gas mileage so I have since replaced all 4 tires with regular air tires.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I purchased via bank loan a 2008 KIA Sorento SUV Ex AWD in January 2016, sold to me for about $9,995.00 with 60,000 miles. I probably still owe about $7.000.00 to the bank. Initially when I first drove it, my son-in-law noticed it had a loud noise. I accepted the noise coming from the rear considering it was just the design of the car. Not yet one year, I have a continuous unresolved check engine light, that no mechanic shop could resolve, which eventually meant, to take it to the dealer for resolve. The mechanic there could not find its problem, because repairs made previously for the specific code for the unresolved check engine light. So mechanic at Dealership resets the light to off, but mentions, my model year vehicle had a 2010 technical service bulletin (TSB-023) that the rear differentials can be bad in this model year vehicle causing bearings to wear out, and recommending new rear differential replacements.

So I find having a bad rear differential is unsafe to drive. That Toyota issues Recalls for bad Rear Differentials. But KIA gets away with not having to issue Recalls, only Technical Service Bulletins for bad Rear Differentials? The Dealership was aware by receipt of Technical Service Bulletin issued in 2010, that this car could have this problem. As consumer, I am not a mechanic, and kept in the dark for a bulletin I would have to buy to learn all the faults about my model year car. How is it one manufacturer (KIA Manufacturing) does not have to issue recalls for Rear Differentials? That is why it became issue for Technical Service Bulletins because so many KIA models have this problem. But is not a recall? And yet, bad rear differentials are recalls with other manufacturers.

I researched my car prior to deciding to purchase it. I found no repairs, nothing major performed on the vehicle, leading to me, I had a sound car. But it also answers it wasn't inspected for the Technical Service Bulletin issue. No mention about any inspections for recommended Technical Service Bulletin issues. Advise all consumers purchase a technical service bulletin for your used car you ever decide to buy. Not every issue is decidedly recalled. Although with other car manufacturers, a bad rear differential is recalled because it jeopardizes safety, i.e. Toyota. And how KIA apparently doesn't have to recall their 2008 KIA Sorentos for bad rear differentials, which are proven common issues with this model year car makes me question are they allowed to have numerous KIAs with bad rear differentials in Technical Service bulletins and not have this issue as recalls? One person had their KIA wheels lock up suddenly while going down hill, and the vehicle slid sideways when the wheels locked up.

What I am really getting to... it this practice allowed? Make every issue a Technical Service Bulletin, even if it jeopardizes safety? Or, is it up to the manufacturer to determine what issue is safe or unsafe? I just feel like I am being deceived and puts my car at risk to my life and the lives of others on the highway because of possible deception or fraud.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I have a 2012 Kia Optima. Couple nights ago my son was driving down the road at approximately 45mph. The engine started making strange noise. Then car started shaking. The check oil light came on. Then the car died. I found out that night my car was under a safety recall due to engine failure. I took it to Horne Kia in Gilbert AZ today. They say yes it's knocking but it's not their fault. It's due to low oil. Engine sludge. And, dirty oil. I just changed the oil less than 3 months ago. Put, Mobil 1 synthetic oil in also. Good for a year. And, I checked the oil that night. It was fine. Found a page on Facebook dedicated to this very problem. Sounds like I got the standard corporate response. DO NOT BUY Kia. They are poorly made cars. And, they DO NOT care about their customers.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My engine seized while on the road. I had no knowledge of the recall on the engine issued 3 months earlier. When I attempted restart, the starter burned up being overpowered by the seized engine. Since we had no knowledge of the possibility of engine seizure, we assumed something was causing a short in the electrical system. We towed the optima to the closest repair shop, as the closest Kia dealer was over an hour away. The starter was replaced, and promptly burned up, again due to the seized engine.

The shop was having difficulty finding any electrical short, so I researched the VIN and discovered the recall on the faulty engine, and had the car towed to Carlock Kia of Tuscaloosa AL., where a charge of $850 for another starter, (dealer service said it was dangerous to the engine and the battery was also bad, of which none of these things were a problem prior to the engine failure). Out of the over $1000 of out of pocket costs due to the engine failure, Kia of America took responsibility for $275. This is my FIRST AND LAST KIA purchase and I say, buyer beware!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

If you are looking for a LOT of car for not as much money, Kia Sorrento is the car to buy. The salespeople were great and the features are some that my sons don't have in their Lexus and Acura high end models.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Forte - I have had Nissan Altimas for the past 9 years and was not at all pleased with the product or the attitude/care from Nissan or their local dealer. I do however, strongly recommend KIA West for fabulous service on an extremely well built automobile. Like a breath of fresh is my definition of dealings with KIA West and their well put together product.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I purchased my Kia Soul in 2015 at Kia Of Asheville in February of 2015. I haven't had any problems until this morning. I was coming back from vacation & I was an hour away from home. While going up a mountain, all of a sudden my clutch started shifting on its own without me even putting the clutch in (The engine light didn't come on either) then there was a strong burning rubber smell in the car so I pulled over turned off my car & turn the hazard lights on and called my mother-in-law. A few minutes into our conversation my hazard lights died and I could not start the car. I called Kia roadside assistance and they came and picked me up and took me to the Kia dealership where I purchased my vehicle in 2015.

I have been driving manual transmissions for more than 20 years, my last vehicle the clutch lasted almost 6 years before needing replaced. I have never had my clutch and battery go out at the same time. Kia of Asheville is saying that it's not covered under Warranty but they need to get into the transmission to know for sure which will cost more money! They called me back with a worse scenario cost of $1500 unless it's caused by something under the warranty. But Why would I buy a battery from Kia if this one only lasted a little over two years? And what about the clutch!? There's only 50,000 miles on my car & my clutch should of lasted at least 100,000. I know a clutch is a wearable part but it's strange that the battery and clutch went out at the same time because they're two separate entities.

I think there's something else going on and I'm afraid Kia is going to say the Warranty is not going to cover this. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm reading all the horror stories about Kia and it's got me convinced that I won't buy another Kia. I found out Kia & Honda have a lawsuit against them for the type of wiring they use. Did I make a mistake in buying my car?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I have a Kia Forte with 84,000 miles on it and have done oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles with a blown engine. The worst part is I still owe $12k on the damn car and the dealership says a new engine might run between $6 to 8k. Rest of car is in great shape. Kia should be replacing the engine at no cost to the consumer!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

MUST READ. KIA AND KIA CONSUMER IS A JOKE!!! I purchased a 2103 Kia Optima with only 29,000 on it in February 2016 and by January 2017 my car engine blew on me while driving through a busy intersection. It was under warranty so I had it towed to Kia service to be fixed. They had my vehicle for 37 days. I got my vehicle back after 37 days and drove it for 13 days before the engine again while driving on the freeway, YES the freeway and by the grace of God no one was on the side of me so I was able to coast over to the side of the freeway. I had it towed once again to Kia service department where they had it for 72 days. Kia had my vehicle 109 days out the new year which was 151 days before getting it back.

I called KIA Consumer to get my car payments reimbursed since I made all them on time and never had my vehicle. Bryan from Kia consumer was happy to get those 4 months reimbursed to me no problem. BUT now I am getting the run around from KIA Consumer on my reimbursement check. I was told it was sent out by USPS 3 weeks ago from California and it still hasn't made it, so I talked to Bryan again and he said he is having it sent out again by FED-EX that was 2 weeks ago and still no check! He has now not returning any emails and won't provide me with a tracking number for FED-EX. I have asked to speak to supervisors and no one will patch me through to one. KIA CONSUMER is a ** joke! They are suppose to help the consumer not feed us BS and give us the runaround.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I bought a brand new Kia Soul. I was driving on the turnpike when I hear a noise coming from the right front of the car. I thought the right braked locked up but did not feel it driving. Turns out the inside part of the wheel well came loose and with the wind touched the front right tire causing the noise and bending it where it could not be bent back. I made an appointment to take the car into Rick Case Kia service. They asked me to later come into the shop area my car was up on a lift. They accused me of hitting something to cause this to happen. I said I have 1000 miles on the car. I am the only driver. I did not hit anything. Other than the scratch make of the tire on the part that bent back there is no evidence no sign of anything hitting the area.

I stated that it's been raining a lot and I have as everyone else driven at highway speeds through standing water. I think maybe the force of the water may have loosened the clamps causing this. They still claim I hit something so as to not cover it. I called Kia Customer Service and it's been a few days with no callback. I opened a case. If they do not cover this I no longer want the car. I have been reading all these accounts of horrible customer service. I purchased extra coverage where even oil changes are paid for.

This accusation does not sit well with me. If this is how it is with Kia I wish I had known previously they have a maybe fake award for the past two years with a major company. Don't know if it's legitimate now. If it's not covered I do not want to drive my car. Only had it over 30 days. Hope anyone looking to buy a Kia don't. Rick Case doubles the factory warranty from 10 years to 20 but then they blame the customer for the claim to disqualify the claim. Very underhanded and wrong. I fell for their tv commercials.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had a 2009 Kia Rio. The engine blew in 3 years. Let's start at the beginning. Air conditioner went out and blew smoke instead. Back break disks lost a pin (explained no way anyone but a mechanic could do it.) Without it could have locked which could have killed me on freeway. Had an oil change at Kia and they never put the air filter back in. I drove over 32 hrs without it.

Now the worst!! Engine!! Car broke down. Had it towed to Kia. They told me I needed a new engine. It was going to cost me 4,000. It wasn't even close to what it was worth. I called around and finally found a place that had a used one. That had the same miles etc. Only 2,000. I had them install it. Then I had a light bulb. It was still under warranty. Wtf why didn't the dealership tell me that?? So I made them tow it back to their dealership, give me a rental and fix it. Well that was not even close to the end! They took over 2 months to even fix it. Over 1 month to pay me back. Last of it the car still had major issues!! I went to drive it and the odometer wouldn't work, pretty much it was trash! I went to turn it in as a trade and they pretty much made me pay them to take it! I will NEVER NEVER GO TO KIA AGAIN!!! Neither will anyone in my family!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

We experienced our 2nd flat tire, seemingly on the same tire, but not sure. When we took the car in, with this flat tire, we were told they were unable to patch and patch and a new tire would be needed. Trouble is, all four tires were new and we had never changed any. The only tire ever attended to prior, was another flat tire we were told was also not repairable. So with 4 new tires, how could we have a patch? Apparently we were not sold a new tire the last time, and instead, replaced by a patched tire. Now they say they don't remember so it is our word against theirs. We are not happy about this.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I leased a brand new Kia Sportage 2017 in September of 2016 from a Kia dealership where I live. At first I was thrilled to have a brand new car and loved everything about it. Had my first issue back in September right after I got it. Took it in for service about 2 weeks after for an alignment because my car steering was pulling to the left. They told me there was damage under the car where it looks like I wrecked. I know for a fact I did not wreck or hit anything to need an alignment. I know that I purchased it like that. I was just too naive at the time to think anything was wrong with it so I paid the 100 bucks for the alignment and that was that.

June of this year 2017 I noticed some changes in the way my car was driving. When I would go to accelerate to any speed it seemed my car wasn't shifting properly. It was making a very loud noise when trying to shift and my rpms would just bounce around back and forth not making it into the right gears. Getting ready to take it on vacation for the first time I took it into my dealership, explained to them the noise it was making and what I felt while driving. I left it to them to fix it. They called me maybe an hour after I dropped it off and told me it was fine and I could pick it back up.

Next day I go down there, take my car off the lot and immediately can tell it was doing the same thing I brought it in for so I called and asked them what they had done. One service tech told me it was test driven and they heard nothing wrong. The other service tech told me it wasn't test driven and all they did was run a few diagnostic tests and it all checked out. I told the technician I wanted him to hear what I was talking about so I had driven it while he sat passenger to show him what I was experiencing while driving and he told me that the loud noise was just my car "breaking in" and because it was only a 4 cylinder that's what it sounds like.

Meanwhile my car had only about 5000 miles on it at this point and I know plenty of other people with 4 cylinder vehicles that don't make the same noise my car was making but I said fine. You know he assured me it was fine and that was that. I took it on vacation (a 6-hour trip from Pittsburgh to New Jersey). The whole way up my car made the ridiculously loud noise. I directed my husband who was driving to just be careful. On the way back from vacation it did the same. Was just loud and jumping gears and struggling to get to highway speeds. 3 hours into the trip back we break down, car engine is smoking, car overheats, car loses power. Luckily we made it to the side of the road.

So this is the first time this has ever happened to me so I use my UVO system that Kia wants to claim is so efficient. Talk to the first representative. They let me know that my tow will be covered to the closest Kia dealership and they dispatched them and they will be arriving within 78 minutes. So we wait... about an hour goes by and I receive a call from the tow company Kia linked me with and he tells me that he can't find us. So let me see. My car has GPS. Kia gave them my location. I told them what road I'm on, what road I'm looking at, what mile marker I'm sitting at and I even texted the man and dropped him my location from my iPhone. He tells me he needs to wait and hear from his boss to find out what to do. So I call roadside assistance again and they tell me it's gonna be another 78 minutes and they contacted another tow for me. So at this point I have to wait over 2 hours for a tow.

I then receive a call from the other tow company coming for me and they ask how many passengers I have because they can't take more than 1 person. I am traveling with my 5 year old and my husband so what did they expect me to do. Leave them on the side of the turnpike while I wait? I mean what kind of emergency assistance is this??? We are now waiting in the heat in an unsafe spot for over two hours and you're telling me now that you don't take passengers? So I call back AGAIN to my uvo roadside assistance, talk to another person and they apologize and tell me now I'm in danger, me and my family so they are going to now dispatch the authorities to come get us which I ask how much is that going to cost me and they claim nothing. Well after being on the side of the road for 3 hours a tow finally comes and picks us up which I paid 120 dollars out of pocket for since they were called by police.

We get towed to Harrisburg Kia dealership, have to then call an Uber to get to the airport to rent a car and get home from there. Cost me over 300 dollars to get myself and my family home. This all happened on a Saturday when the dealership would be closed until Monday. I called Kia roadside assistance and filed a complaint for having to wait so long to get a tow. I also had to get in contact with Kia customer affairs to get my money reimbursed due to their trip interruption policy and now have a case manager for that. I called Harrisburg Kia and come to find my car needed a new starter and my whole engine blew. A brand new car with 6000 miles on it that I lease. Now I am out of a car for at least two weeks they say and I have been getting the run around from every Kia customer assistance representative I talk to.

Both dealerships have yet to do ANYTHING for me as in it's been a week and I haven't even gotten a rental car yet so I'm missing work. I haven't been compensated for my time lost, money or anything and NOBODY can tell me how or why this happened to my car. Can't get a call back from my case manager or the sales manager at turner Kia Harrisburg. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever been dealt not to mention the time and stress I have dealt with in the past week and the money I have lost since I have no vehicle to get to work.

If anybody has any advice please contact me. I have called Attorney General’s Office, Lemon Law, both Kia dealerships I'm dealing with, roadside assistance, and Consumer Affairs. No issues resolved as of now besides a new engine they supposedly ordered is covered under my warranty. I want out of this contract with Kia. I don't feel safe in the vehicle they sold me. I don't want to make my 325 dollar car payment for this month considering I won't have a vehicle probably all month.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was given a gas consumption card for $400.00. When I went to go use the car I was told that the card had expired, so I went to the KIA dealership on Van Kirk in Brampton, ON, and explained the situation to him so he called head office and left a message for a manager there and got no response from him. I've been a customer of KIA with multiple cars for 22 years. I feel unappreciated and shocked at the customer service of KIA. It's been about 3 weeks now and no one has even called me back yet.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I took my 2015 Kia Rio into the dealership to have an electrical issue with my front passenger turn signal taken care of and was told that because the headlight assembly was cracked from the INSIDE, it was not covered under warranty. Now, I don't trust these weasels one iota, so I went in and look at this purported damage myself. What I found was a small crack in the plastic INSIDE of a capped off port, alongside a missing turn signal electrical contact.

They claim that this "damage" indicates user fault and isn't covered under warranty. They further explained that because the car has damage on the front bumper (which is actually a minuscule scratch on the right wheel well that doesn't even reach the headlight) this indicates that impact damage was the probable cause. Now tell me, even if I somehow managed to hit something and miraculously avoid any damage to my front bumper or headlight or grill or anything else in the vicinity of the headlight assembly save for the aforementioned tiny scratch, how in the hell would I then have impacted hard enough to crack a tiny piece of plastic nestled deep inside of an assembly?

No, the more logical conclusion is that this is a cheap piece of ** part on a cheap piece of ** car that this cheap piece of ** company will do anything to avoid having to own up to and pay for. I'd recommend coughing up for a more quality vehicle from a more reputable and consumer friendly automaker. As it has become clear to me, KIA is neither of those things.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I own a 2012 Kia Sportage. Engine seized one morning on a busy highway on the way to drop off kids ages 3 and 4 to preschool. Had car initially towed to a mechanic that said that there were metal shavings in the engine and that it would need to be replaced. Since I paid for the extended warranty, I had the car towed to Kia's service center. I couldn't show proof of regular oil changes, so they said they couldn't honor the warranty which cost 3k extra at time of purchase.

Fast forward several months, we hear that Kia is recalling our model/year, so we wait patiently expecting a recall notice in mail. Didn't receive any so I call Kia about it. They tell me that the recall was only for a GDI engine and not the DOHC engine that our car has. Same exact problem that everyone else is having with the worn connecting rod bearing but they claim that my model was made at a different manufacturing plant. Then why am I experiencing the same problem? All this BS is making me sick. I'll never buy a Kia again and will tell everyone I know the terrible experience we've had.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My Kia Optima 2012 just caught on fire! About a year ago, I received a letter from KIA that these cars might have issues with their engines. It was paid in full and under warranty. The engine caught on fire while running! I contacted KIA main office and the manager told me that warranty and insurance is the same thing and to deal with my insurance company! KIA did not offer anything for this accident but apology! Why do they even offer a warranty since they don't care about problems like these? Please be safe and stay away from KIA!

Original review: July 28, 2017

Bought a used 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid Ex in July of 2016. In June of 2017 my engine died 80,000+ mile on it while driving on the 10 freeway. Brought to Kia dealership and was told I needed a new engine. Been told not covered because of lack of maintenance because they found sludge in the engine. This is the same excuse I have read over and over that Kia is using for its customers so that they don't have to pay to repair something that they know has been going on for a long time. I am on SSI and don't have any expendable income to be paying for a new engine. Whether I am the 2nd owner or not, I believe Kia should stand behind their "fantastic warranty" claims.

I bought this car after saving and saving my money and put $5000 down to get it. I am in no way prepared to pay to have a new engine installed less than a year later. Kia has offered to pay for the parts if I pay for the labor. They have let me know that this is a generous offer and I should be grateful that they are making any offer at all. My feeling is that if they were truly reputable they would own up to the issues they are having and make good on their mistake. 1st, 2nd or 3rd owner, it doesn't matter and using the scapegoat response of "lack of maintenance" because of sludge in the engine due to their metal shavings is ridiculous. I will make sure to tell my family, friends and anyone else what kind of product they produce and how they deal with issues that are their fault. Meanwhile, I have gone over a month without a vehicle and see no choice but to pay for the labor but I am going to continue to pursue this with Kia corporate.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Our 2013 Kia Sorento w/ 46,963 miles had engine failure at 55 mph. Towed to a local mechanic who diagnosed oil pump failure. Had it towed to Austin dealership and researched Kia problems and discovered that Kia began a recall on 06/22/2017 on the Theta II GDI engine due to manufacturing errors that left metal shavings which occurred at the Montgomery, AL plant for MY 2012-2014 Kia Sorentos. Kia service manager in Austin says "ours is not part of the recall because ours has the Theta II MPI engine." Said "we could drop the oil pan to look for shavings ($195) and main & rod bearings to look for damage ($400) but we still wouldn't be eligible for repairs." $6800 to replace w/ another Kia engine? I think not. NHTSA has an open investigation on the "scope and timeliness" of the SC147 recall. There are also many complaints listed for engine failures.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I bought a 2011 Kia Optima. Loved my car. One day motor locked up. I took to a dealership because I had the recall letter on the motor. As I was dealing with Kia the dealership had car towed. I never received a letter and when I called to check on the car they told me it was towed but don't remember who towed the car. When I finally found my car it had done gained storage of 10,000.00. Are you ** serious? Now I am out a vehicle. Kia sucks and I swear I will never deal with them again and will talk anyone out of buying a vehicle from them.

Kia Company Information