3.25/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Kia Reviews

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Absolutely great job done by Kia on Stinger GT/AWD. Unbelievable. I am professional driver, my friend just bought this car. And I drive a lot with him. Amazing car! For the money. I can't believe it's Kia. I drove a lot of different cars and trucks in 30 years... Porsche level.

Original review: July 4, 2019

After owning 3 Hyundai Elantras, I decided to keep it in the family and purchase a Brand new 2015 Soul. I pat myself on the back every day because of that decision. For a comfortable amount of money I get - excellent gas mileage, roomy interior, sitting high lets me see everything very easily, plenty of “stuff inside” - nice size screen (which I never thought I needed, but use it every day), radio, CD player, excellent dash lighting, cruise control - and much more.

It’s 2019 and just took “her” for a 125 mile trip to the beach. You would have thought “she” was brand new. At one point I looked at the dash and realized I was going 70 in a 55 (don’t tell anyone since I have never had a ticket). I was just amazed how smooth and quiet “she” was after four years. Gas consumption was amazing. For anyone looking for a smaller yet roomy car with a low price tag and plenty of options, besides being eye candy, the Soul cannot be beat. Check it out. See for yourself how big small can be.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have had 4 Kias now, 2012 Rio and 2014 Soul both 4 years, 2017 Sportage and 2014 Optima. No problems with any of them but we are low mileage drivers. A word of warning, there are recalls on the 2011 to 2014 4 cylinder engines for failure. Also, get your oil changed at the Kia dealer, their filters are very good and have a unique property of allowing oil to pass thru on start up. Do not use 5w20 in over 60F weather, it's a government scam to get better gas mileage, use the owner's manual to determine what viscosity you should use, during the winter I let them put in their 5w20, during the summer I insist on 5w30. I hope not to have the problems I have read about. Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased the 2018 Kia Sorento EX 3.3L AWD new in January 2018. I currently have 23k miles on the vehicle now. This vehicle has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars. The AWD system works great, handling is great, power is there when you need it and it's comfortable. Every vehicle has its cons, but I find it difficult to find one with the Sorento. I know a few other people who own a Sorento and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

The interior has a great feel and well put together, unlike a lot of new vehicles and their cheap composite plastic. The lines are almost seamless. The warranty (10yr/100k) seems great until you read the fine print. A lot of components are dropped off the warranty at certain mileage intervals along the way to the 100k benchmark. I did pay for the better warranty which covers all components to 100k miles, but even then other companies have warranties only going out to 24k to 36k miles, which is convenient to drop the vehicle's warranty the moment it leaves "new car status."

I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that's considering purchasing an mid size SUV. For what you pay it's the best bang for the buck. There is a transmission software update available. I brought the vehicle back in at 5600 miles to have it completed. KIA sent a $50 Visa prepaid debit card in the mail due to the inconvenience. I've never received anything from any other manufacturer for an "inconvenience."

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Purchased my Sorento 1 1-2 ago and have already had to replace Engine, brakes and rotors twice and now part of the transmission is bad. Kia doesn’t seem to care or want to help me. Think twice before you purchase a Kia vehicle. They will break and break on you and you will be too far upside down to unload it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I have a 2019 Kia Sorento. I bought it September of 2018. I live in NYC so sometimes we have pretty cold weather. In January of 2019 I had a lot of trouble to start my vehicle. I brought it in to my local service center to see if they can figure out why. They told me that they weren't able to find out the problem. Fast forward to November 2019 really cold night into the morning, my car wouldn't start again. It was towed to the local service center. They had it in the shop a total of 2 and 1/2 days and they still weren't able to find the problem. This is a problem that Kia needs to step in and remedy. If this continues I may have to sell this vehicle and buy a competitor's vehicle instead as well as tell everyone I know not to purchase this car or any other from this company.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Think twice before get a Kia. “Did you have a gun pointed to your head when you signed the lease?” This is what the General Manager a Kia Internationals in Orland told me after some argument about the whole process with this dealer and how dishonest was the process. I agreed with sales people about buying a car advertised by a price. All good until go to finance and they say, "I can’t give you that deal unless you do a lease" which was never the agreement. I did sign the lease with certain “assumptions” that they said yes so I would buy the car after 3 months lease and later find out that it was not like that at all. Trying to resolve the situation somehow he tells me something like that above and “I am not just gonna sit here hearing you complaining”.

Guess no matter how reason you are, a place that treats you like that doesn’t deserve to get your business. As soon they make the deal they don’t give you proper customer service including Kia Usa that I tried to address and they say they can’t do anything because they are not the owners of the dealer. Never had a Kia before and will be last time after this horrible experience.

Joao **

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I will never buy another Kia. Period. We contacted the Kia Corporate office to help with an issue we had after our car broke down on the side of the interstate 2 times after being serviced at 2 different Kia dealerships, Langdale Kia in Valdosta and Crown Kia in Saint Petersburg. Kia Corporate gave us the run around, telling us they would send our service request upper management to have it approved. After 3 weeks, they finally told us that no our car wasn’t under warranty! What?! It’s like they didn’t even read what we submitted. Kia doesn’t know how to fix their own vehicles and doesn’t care if they break down multiple times. This has been a horrible experience. Now we have a car we own that can’t be repaired since Kia doesn’t even know how to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

If you're thinking of buying a Stinger...DON'T! Multiple defects, 4 recalls ALREADY, rust coming through paint and chrome. All around bad decision when I bought this car. Save the hassle, save your money and buy a different brand of car. Managers and service department cannot seem to communicate so I'm hiring an attorney to get my money back for this overpriced piece of metal. Paint job really sucks. I have cracked paint from front windshield to back windshield and was told not to wash the car! Are you kidding me? Most expensive car I've ever owned and I can't even wash it?! I'm so done! I want my money back!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Bought my 2015 Kia Sorento in March of 2017 and have had problems with it pretty much right away. Started with my key fob. The driver door does not recognize my key fob and I have to either open the passenger door to unlock my car or hit the fob multiple times before the driver's door opens. I've replaced the batteries and it hasn't helped. My alternator dies at 66K miles, which I thought was ridiculous. I called Kia to see if they would grant any good will since I was out of warranty and they did nothing. Claimed they couldn't help since I was the 2nd owner.

In my opinion, it shouldn't matter if I'm the 2nd or 5th owner. The car only had 66k miles on it and the car was bought from a Kia Dealership in Buford, GA. From a dealership, it wasn't a private sale. No reason other than Kia is garbage that an alternator should die at 66k miles. And now, my window doesn't work. I rolled down the passenger side window this morning and it won't go back up. I'm bringing it somewhere to get it looked at, not Kia. It looks like the motor is no good. Of course it is, it's a Kia. Well, I've learned my lesson with Kia cars and hope you will learn from this review. DO NOT BUY KIA!

Kia Company Information