1.56/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

1475 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

It has been two months since I turned in my lease. At the time of turning in my lease, I was informed by the dealership that KIA MOTOR FINANCE would assist in creating an installment payment plan. Well, I was misinformed, and KIA MOTOR FINANCE is not willing to help a customer who recently got another lease from Kia. My wife's contract is coming up as well, and I was thinking of leasing another KIA vehicle, but after being just notified that KIA MOTOR FINANCE is not willing to assist with any payment plan and is ready to report it to the credit bureau, I see what type of COMPANY they are running. All they care is ruining someone's credit who is willing to pay the debt off. Note, I am still making my monthly payments and have since I turned the car in January of this year. In conclusion, KIA FINANCE is not willing to work with anyone, and all they care is about their necks. Thanks, Kia for helping out a customer and a VET.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a 2014 Kia Rio with 100 kms on the odo. I work as a service advisor at an auto shop so I knew the ins and outs of maintaining my car, had my car serviced regularly. In June 2016 my check engine light came on and heard clicking from my engine. Then clanking, then my car shut down. I had one of our mechanic to check my car and he said my engine seized. I checked Kia’s website to see if there was any recalls or issues with Kia Rios... There was a recall on 3 other models of Kia for the same issue but my car was not on the list. I called the dealership and they said there was nothing they could do for me because I was 17,000 kms past my warranty. I also called Kia’s head office and they said the same thing and tried to charge me for a new engine.

Because I work at a shop I made my own arrangement and had them replace my engine with a used Kia engine with 33,000kms on it. $3,000 and a week later my car was back on the road. The mechanic was curious of the engine issue so he took it apart and saw the pistons broke (which was also the issue for the other Kias) so it’s been less than a year and with being paranoid I made sure my oil changes were done almost monthly. 38,000 kms later here we are again with another seized engine. Had an synthetic oil change done March 6th and April 6th a month to the day clicking coming from my engine. The tech checked the oil level and there was almost no oil in my engine. There was no leak... The techs think it was leaking internally. My pistons are gone yet again.

I still owe $12,000 on a car that I can’t drive and Kia will not do anything about this. When I read these forums and other social outlets there are literally hundreds of complaints about these cars for mostly the same reason. I will be taking this higher and to the media if needed. Kia needs to take responsibility for building bad engines and robbing people of their money. This is unacceptable.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have a 2014 KIA Sportage that I purchased in 2016. The car is 4 years old and I've owned it approximately 2 years to the day. I maintain the truck faithfully, however a week ago I hear a ticking and knocking noise. I take it to a reputable shop only to be told that it was my motor. Did I think it was my motor, no. I figured I was still under warranty since there is only 90,000 miles on the car but no. So now I have to pay over $3000 to have a new motor put in. I don't have that kind of money. Should I also say that my husband thinks it's my fault because he thinks that I wasn't maintaining the car until I showed him receipts. Kia needs to accept responsibility for bad motors.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My mom has a 2013 Kia Soul. My mom does not drive on the freeway nor does she travel. She is retired and only drives around town. The car only has 30,000 miles on it is 6 years. She gets it maintenance on time at the dealership only. Last year the car started "jerking and jumping" when you would step on the gas while you were driving. She took it to the dealership. They "fixed it", now this year the car is paid off and my mom has moved to Arizona from California. The car is doing it again, and now the engine light is coming on. She now has to pay big bucks to get it diagnosed and fixed "maybe". My point is. After buying a new car off the lot, loving and caring for the car by way of dealership only like they suggest, using the best gas, and very low mileage, this car should last forever! So KIA's in my opinion are ** cars, now my 71 years old mother has to be dealing with this instead of enjoying her retirement. I'M PISSED!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Got on 95 to go home, about 1 mile in I get a blowout. Ease over cautiously to the shoulder - within minutes a Road Ranger was behind me. Once him and I conclude it was indeed a blowout and the 'fix a flat' that comes with new cars (2017 Kia Forte) will NOT fix this, I call Roadside Assistance. This was at 5:30 pm, in the heat of evening traffic in sunny South Florida. First lady says the tow driver will be there in approximately 45 mins - ok, I'm a grown lady, I can handle this. Well, the 45 minutes come and go, I call back, the second lady says there was a problem and it would be another 30 minutes.

Now note, RS sent me a text of tow company with their number, I called and went straight to voicemail. Well, that 30 mins comes and goes, call back, the young man explains that if they get another company who knows how long and he was going to reach out to them, while I'm on the phone, new eta, another 30 mins. Well, it's starting to get dark - 8 rolls around, I call back hysterical - I'm on the side of one of the busiest freeways in the US - the young lady gets another company, guess what, eta over an hour. Tow company finally showed up at 9:15! 9:15!

This review is a two way street - 1 of the 4 reps I dealt with saw the urgency - the tow company, answer the dang phone, they had my #. Discussing this with RS - this is just unacceptable. I didn't pitch a fit for a spare because they ASSURED their Roadside Assistance would be there if something happens. Well, it did and they weren't there. Then, oh yes, then - only have 13,000 miles on car - the dealership I was towed to claims I must of ran over something - the blow out was inside passenger tire, inside wall - no other damage, this mystery object didn't touch anything else under car. They wouldn't let me see the tire either. This fight isn't over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I would highly recommend all of you not get Kia. I got a Kia Optima 2016 and my ac went out and they blamed it at road debris and wanted me 800 something to fix the ac confessor. I just think that’s not how you take care your customer Kia. You guys stated 7 years or 100000 miles warranty but I think that’s just saying that to make customer happy but you guys don’t take care the warranty.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Recently purchased a 2017 Kia Sedona new from a dealership. I initially financed through Kia Motors Finance knowing I was going to refinance with USAA for a better interest rate. When I and USAA called Kia to get a payoff amount I was quoted one amount and USAA sent Kia a check for that amount. About three weeks later I got a statement that I still owed several hundred dollars. When I asked what happened to the original amount I was told that I was told the wrong amount and had to pay. If Kia can’t figure out a final payoff and tell you the 10 day payoff how do I know they are not ripping me off. I will never buy Kia/Hyundai again and will steer others away as well.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Dec 2017 after 2 years of owning my car and 69000 miles my engine seized. This is a 2012 Kia Sorento. I've argued with Kia dealership and Kia itself that I find it ridiculous that a car so new that the engine died all of a sudden. I was driving on a very busy road and it just stopped. No lights came on or anything. I was accused several times that it was my fault that there was sludge in the engine. I have corrected them each time that I have receipts of oil changes and not by their company. They wanted to charge me money for a diagnostic test that they never did until I disputed that and they waived the fee. I was forced to either pay over 5 grand for a new engine or I was almost convinced a few times to voluntarily repo my car and start new again with them by purchasing a new car. I still have 4 years left to pay off my car and in good faith I still going to try my best. I received a loan from my job and paid the rest.

I have investigated before the fix and disputed that there is many other Kia engines failing and that Kia placed blame on the owners for not maintaining their cars for sludge being in the engines. I then read that there was an engine recall for the same issues but my VIN is not listed. I've tried to bring this up to Kia that I find it a coincidence that my car has failed the same exact way as all of these other Kia engines. I believe that Kia is nothing but crooks and I will never deal with them again. They should pay for all of these faulty engines. 3 weeks after I replaced my engine I started leaking antifreeze. My Kia said they'd help me with coupons since I just did a huge service with them... 25$ coupon. Yeah thanks but no thanks for the help. I had to pay another 309$. I don't feel safe in my car. Oh and I forgot to mention that Kia neglected to tell me that the warranty on the used Kia engine is only for 90 days.

I am disgusted the way that whole company treats their customers when it is us who gives them their paying jobs. As I said a bunch of crooks. My junker cars have lasted longer than this car. What is sad is I loved my car. At first it was great. Everything was working great. Then the engine went. Kia never told me about their common engine issues. I found this out myself and when I confronted them about it. They were all hush hush about it. After this car dies I will never again give my money to Kia.

Original review: March 22, 2018

2013 Kia Optima Hybrid - I have taken my vehicle to the Alhambra dealer 4 times due to a clicking noise on the brake and accelerator every time I would come to a light or a stop. The first 2 times they would fix it and then the noise would come back in a few days. The third time they did not find any noise which is irritating because I would hear every single day. The fourth time I went on a ride along with a mechanic and he clearly heard the noise so they had me waiting there for 4 hours till they told me I had to leave the car for further inspection. The vehicle was left at the dealer on 3-14-2018.

As of today I still do not have my vehicle and they did not offer a rental or anything, I have been getting rides to work and back home and neither did they give me a date to pick up my vehicle. I call on a daily basis for an update and they just keep giving me the runaround and the majority of the time they do not return my calls when I leave voicemails, I also opened a case with KIA and the supervisor that has my case does not return my calls or emails either. I have never ever experience this kind of problem with any vehicle or any dealership. I am still under warranty with them but with no help on their behalf. This is really frustrating.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have the KIA K900 year 2015. I have a recurring event my car tries to EAT me. Really I mean just that. To understand this let me let you know that this car is totally computer controlled. Everything is controlled by the onboard computer. There is no manual levers to work with. E Brake is computer controlled, shifting, starting, running, lighting, air conditioning and also the steering is drive by wire. So with that information here is how my car tries to eat me. I get into the car and put on my seat belt and step on the brake pedal and press the start button and my seat moves very fast all the way forward so much that I cannot move anything. Real, leg under the dash pressed hard into the dash well and the seat with not stop until it get where it wants to go then it stops moving.

Now this is the terrorizing part. I cannot move the seat anywhere. It will not move back or anything at all. Now this is scary to me because I am thinking, "Hey I am pressed hard against the steering wheel airbag if it goes off I am a dead man." I am a man with a disability and trying to get out of this was impossible. I had the police and fire to come help me and the fireman were able to twist me out of the car like a corkscrew. After this happen I had it towed to KIA Place I got it from and they worked on it and could not find anything wrong so to maybe fix this they did a complete computer reinstall of my car.

Well this car eating me thing happened four more time and then the scariest thing happen. My car while I was drive down the road next to Safeway ate me. I could not move my feet to step on the brake and the right foot was on the gas pedal which I move sideways to prevent me from pressing on the gas. But the worst was I could not control the car because I was pressed so hard against the steering wheel I could not turn it but very little. Visions of hitting anything and having the airbag go off was scary. Of course this end ok, the fire department and police are the greatest and best people around. I was pulled from the vehicle again and the car when to KIA car company again. The company was really mad about this because my car tried to eat the service manager also. But KIA in the sky said not to repair it because they could not replicate the error.

Now this top of the Line KIA Motors vehicle The all great K900 sit on the side of the road. I will never drive it again and the car company that I got it from understands but cannot help me and still to date KIA Motor in the sky will not make good on this car. Microsoft who programmed the car computer system says it is a defective BIO somethinga majiggy they are EPOMS thingies. But KIA Motors in the sky will not authorize a replacement of the computer thingy... I will never own another KIA Motors car at all.

Original review: March 9, 2018

2016 Kia Soul. I purchased this car in Oct 2015 with 8 miles on it. I was so happy to have a new dependable car or so I thought. Less than 100 miles in the AC had a terrible stench and there was a noise in the rear suspension\axle when going over bumps. I was told the problem could not be replicated and maybe the car just needed a break in period and me being a woman with a life threatening illness I was like OK. See with Lupus I have to be careful not to get stressed out as that irritates my condition and furthermore I had just had a bout with almost dying from lupus complications and the last thing I wanted was to be upset or frustrated. So due to this I take everything lightly. My biggest mistake!!! 2yrs later those 2 problems are still there and far worse than before and now I have since acquired more issues with my Kia Soul. Mind you there is only 10300 miles on the odometer in roughly 25 months of ownership. So here are the new issues...

3 recalls in 1st yr, rattling in rear around back door, a stalling or dragging in engine when I press the window buttons up or down, absolutely poor gas mileage, car jerks forward when I'm at a stoplight or stop sign while my foot is on the brake, grinding noise when braking like there is no brake pad left when clearly there is, very poor quality craftsmanship with the interior, road noise is awful and Bluetooth and hands free calling work intermittently. I am so disappointed in every aspect of my purchase and ownership of this Kia Soul and I wish I had not purchased this piece of junk. I'm waiting on Kia to call me back as my case got escalated to whomever... not sure what that means but I'll wait and see if they are willing to stand by their product. As of right now I would not recommend anyone buy anything from Kia. Not even a free muffin or donut. I put $5000 down on this car and now I'll lose all of that plus 2 yrs of payments if I decided to sell.

What a mess, everything about this purchase from the start was a red flag. I should have walked away but I needed a car to get me back and forth to my doctors appts as I was literally fighting to stay alive and believe it or not I'm still in the fight of my life as doctors can not get my lupus under control and my health is more down than up, but I'm hoping that I will not have to fight with Kia to make this right. All I can do now is put my faith and trust in God, let go and allow for him to work for me.

My advice to all potential car buyers is steer clear of Kia until they iron out the kinks and stop lying about gas mileage or their supposed JD power awards. This car is just not worth what I paid for it and the problems scare me into thinking this vehicle may let me down during one of my lupus episodes and my life will be at risk due to all the problems. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would drive right past the Kia lot. Don't make the same mistake I did, run in the opposite direction of Kia and keep running... don't slow down. Don't stop and don't look back.

Original review: March 5, 2018

So Kia Finance through Western Union (WU) will be charging customers, who may not be able to enroll in WU autopay, an extra fee of $3.95 beginning April 2018 for their monthly payment. Why should KMFUSA allow WU to charge customers for not enrolling in monthly autopay? Many car companies do not charge an extra fee for either autopay or monthly one-time payments from customers once the money is directly paid from the customers' bank accounts. Please get rid of WU and get a company that can provide the same service without this extra fee. Is Kia Care Department aware of WU manipulations of its financially overburden customers who are trying hard to make monthly payments? Kia prefers to pump more money into TV commercials or sponsorships such as the English Premier League Soccer, NBA etc.. than to fight for its customers' right and interest. Sad!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I'm on my third Kia and very satisfied. My first was a Sportage which I really did not like but it was my first SUV and had a narrow wheelbase. Traded up to a 2004 Sorento and kept it for nearly 12 years with no problems ever. Getting ready for retirement, I purchased a 2015 Sorento because of the reliability of the last one. It seems to be the bad reviews here seem mostly to be service provider issues - just my opinion of course and the motor failures are outrageous. Hope I never encounter those kinds of issues! My daughter has an 04 Optima with probably close to at 200K miles on it and it still runs like a trooper!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My 2011 Kia Sorento has been a disaster since day 1. I have replaced every door on my Kia Sorento, and now my engine has failed. I have full service history but Kia are saying that it was due to lack of care because there was only 1 1/2 of oil in it when they took it apart. Now I am no mechanic but I’m pretty sure a lack of oil is more likely to be an engine problem rather than a lack of care issue especially when the oil was checked by a car garage 8 weeks earlier before its MOT. Kia’s cars and warranty are a scam. Do not buy Kia. Google Kia Engine problems and you will see why.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I purchased a 2013 Kia Optima in October 2017 with 38000 miles. As the weather got colder I tried to warm the car and locked the door as it warmed but to my surprise the door did not lock while the car is running. I looked online how to lock the door while it was running and found out you have to use the key manually to lock the door. Upon reopening the door, I used the key fob to unlock the door and it did not work. I used the button on the door and that did not work come to my surprise I had to use the key. I called Kia Consumers 800-333-4542 on 2/14/18 for help with the issue because to me it’s a safety issue not being able to get in your car in an emergency and they made me an appt with Premier Kia of Branford of Ct 2/15/18. At my appt I was told "these cars only lock by Remote Start and that the car does not recognize the key". So in other words the key is not programmed with the key fob and door latch.

I called KC back and the rep reached out to PKB and was told "in order for me to use my key, key fob and door latch at the same time once again I must buy a REMOTE STARTER" and the rep said "I was confusing the brain of the car." meaning the operating system or computer when I try to use the key, key fob and the door latch at the same time. I said no "whoever made this car should have linked the key, key fob and door latch together" instead of trying to make people spend more money on something they can’t get the full value back once the car is sold. This is a serious issue which needs a major recall. Nobody have time to fumble with a key if they are in trouble. Safety is not an importance to Kia.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went to South Shore Kia on 2/3/18 after waiting over a week for an appointment. My driver’s side indicator stays lit even when the car is turned off. I got there and I had to sign for a 169.99 diagnostic fee. I asked about my warranty and the service employee said they have to look it up. At this time no one told me the warranty expired less than 1 month ago. I get a call 3 hrs later stating they have to charge me another diagnostic fee which would be 169.99 because they were not certain of what was wrong. Four hours later when I did not get a call I called in to ask what had happened and they stated they would get back to me. Another hour goes by and I receive a call that they fixed the harness in my Sorento but it didn't fix the issue, then proceeded to explain what I needed.

I immediately called my husband who went down to the dealership. Like magic when he asked to see the part they fixed and why they were charging 2 diagnostic fees and 169.99 an hour YES an hour, the bill amazingly shrunk from almost 1400.00 to 185.00. If I would have went down there they would have taken 1400 dollars from me because I didn't know about cars. My Sorento is still not fixed as I now have to pay out of pocket for everything as my warranty is up. And as per Jacob at Kia Consumer Affairs I was told when I bought the vehicle when the warranty would end and they do not have to send me any notification. They do not have to respond to my complaint but it will be addressed, somehow. So I have to fix my car which I had for less than 2 years with NO WARRANTY.

Also Kia Sorentos do not have fuses so something as simple as a headlight or indicator that needs to be fixed cost over 800 dollars as I need a body control module (computer) to work headlights. I may not fix cars but how is this affordable for anyone? I believe this is the only car made this way. Are we still in the 50's and 60's. When will companies be penalized for this type of behavior? I am appalled and saddened that I have to include a man in my affairs because I am not equal. And for headquarters each Kia is a independent franchise so they are not responsible for the dealerships behavior.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

After my 2016 Sorento stopped shifting out of park. It was towed 3 hrs to the closest dealership. I was told there was a rental vehicle reserved and covered in a neighboring town. After leaving work and getting a ride to pick it up I was called the next morning being told there was a mistake and the car had to be returned that afternoon or else I would be charged. I once again left work early to race up and get it returned before closing. The next day I was told that there were gas charges to paid on my end. To which I explained that I would have never picked up the car that was in my position for less then 24hr and was only driven from budget to my house and back if I wasn’t told to!

After calling Kia Canada to see what could be done I finally received a call back 3 days later with a “sorry but there nothing we can do”. A week goes by and my car is now worse then it was with a secondary part now backorder. They say I can get another rental. But they will only pay for a tiny hatchback this time. This was after hours on hold, speaking to different agents who kept passing me back to Elliot the first agent I dealt with, who kept not returning my phone calls again!!! He then told me my remote living and size of family does not matter to him, Kia offers to help but do not have to do anything for me. I was laughed at when I said I was upset and asked to have my call return ASAP. Worse customer service ever!!! Although I have enjoyed my car up until this point it is not worth the dealing with such a horrible company. I am getting rid of my car immediately and I would never recommend to anyone to buy a Kia.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Sharing my story. I was involved in an accident with my 2012 Kia Optima as the engine seized at 65 mph on a highway. No time to pull over or get into a safe place, my car was smashed into 30 seconds after I was able to get out leaving my car totaled. KIA refuses to do anything however they have been well aware of this issue for families driving these cars who are unaware they are driving a death trap. I am not sure how this has not had any news coverage, there are several websites covering this as well as pending class action lawsuits, I have given KIA several chances to rectify this matter and Jeff ** and Alex ** in the Irvine corporate office have been no help. All they do is lie and find any reason not to hold accountability.

If anyone here is interested in joining the pending class action lawsuit please email me. I understand the damage in the pictures doesn't look severe however that was luck, what if this had been a semi truck that smashed into me? I am lucky I am alive. KIA would not even care if I died. They are the worst crooks and joke of an automaker.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

With the advent of keyless entry, there are bound to be lost key FOBS. They are ridiculous in price. Then you have to go to a dealer to have it programmed. They get you coming and going. Same with the built-in GPS. The new maps are expensive. I did not care for the car app that is for your phone either. No issues with the mechanical aspects of the Sorento even though if there was, KIA tech info was bought out by Snap on and you cannot access free repair info any longer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I leased my 2014 Sportage and within a year my car needed a new engine with less than 20,000 miles on it. Then my gas tank meter went and then my Catalytic Converter went-remember this is a brand new vehicle with little to no miles on it. Of course everything was covered under warranty except each time they would find something that wasn't covered to get you to pay for something... Also, they took 2 payments out of my account and refused to refund me for one of them! Customer service is awful, they barely speak English and do not work with you. All they do is lie and when confronted they claim there is nothing they can do. Total BS! I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER KIA-even with my lease up in May 2018 and I MOST DEFINITELY WOULD NEVER REFER SOMEONE TO KIA FOR ANYTHING!!! This company should be ashamed of their product and employees!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

During a service oil change at 30,000 miles, I was presented with an affidavit from KIA stating that I must pay $275.95 every 15,000 miles in order to keep my KIA warranty in effect and this had to be signed. This charge is to check the valves for carbon build up. If I don’t do this the warranty will be nullified. This new requirement is 2 years after the purchase of my KIA Sorento. This is a new action after the fact and KIA is charging the customer to keep it in effect. This was not a condition of our original warranty. Since this was the first time it was implemented, my dealer, Martin Swanty in Kingman, AZ discounted this charge to $179.00 plus tax.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I went into Kia for a recall on the engine Sept 2017. On Jan 2018 the engine dies out on me. I get the worse customer service in the world. I never get calls back. I made a complaint to an employee and he tells me it will be approved for a new engine and he will call me back by the end of the day to let me know when the loaner car is ready for me. 4 days later I get a call saying they have a rental car ready for me to pick up when I'm ready. I go in to find out I have to pay $200 deposit out of my pockets. I don't understand how my car engine blows out because of the recall and now I have to pay $200 for a rental car? Kia should provide me with a loaner car or pay that themselves.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

The Kia Rondo is a great car for a reasonable price. It's reliable, many features and unique styling compared to most other cars out there and for a lot less money. I hope the Koreans keep in the market because they have a good product.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My Kia Sedona 2012 broke 8 days ago, took it to the Kia service and contacted Kia customer service for them to pay for the repair. This is the 3rd time in a row that the same part (throttle body assembly) becomes faulty, under the same circumstances, rainy days. My case was painfully slow escalated to Farah ** who failed to keep me informed about when was going to get repaired. Kia service sucks! I will never buy Kia cars again and suggest you the same.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I am very frustrate due to purchase my Kia Optima in Nov 2015, since that time had to replace engine in the car twice. Several different recalls on the car. Waiting on an approval to get my engine replace stuck without transportation. Was inform can not provided me with a loaner car until the approval from corporate has been made. Kia of Union City had my car since Friday. Had no car over the weekend. Went to Kia first thing Monday morning. Still waiting. Had to call out of work due to no transportation. Call corporate to find out my information was never submit to get an approval. Now 2:46 pm still haven't received an update. I am a single mother of 5. Unable to afford a rental car on my own at this time. What am I to do, I will never purchase another Kia again. I will go on every website to voice my frustration, already contact my local news station for some assistance with this issue.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had to take my KIA Sportage 2017 for oil change after hitting 5,000 miles as is always recommended. On the said day of service, the service tech recommended tire rotation as my car was hitting 20,000 miles which seemed reasonable to me. After the service was rendered and my car was pulled out to the sally port, I drove home but as I was sitting in my car, I decided to check my tire pressure just to make they had right psi. Apparently, I was amazed because my tire pressure were the same before the service and after the service which made me conclude that even the tire rotation was not done.

The worst case scenario was when I was driving from work from night shift and the temp had plummeted so bad, the roads were icy and the caution and tire pressure light came up and all my tires were blinking yellow because the tire pressure had fallen to a dangerously 25 psi. It was a miracle I made it home safe because the road conditions were terrible with zero traction. This left me wondering, how could it be possible that a new 2017 KIA Sportage could malfunction that bad within 3 days of service and yet I was charged $ 86.09 for both oil change and tire rotation. I regret everything abt KIA. As am writing, I have to get my car towed to the dealership.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

2016 Kia Sportage is a piece of junk, too light for the medium snow we had... Mrcleveland Ward got stuck in small areas several times!!! I will l never lease a piece of crap like this again!!! Seems like I got stuck in light mush snow. No traction at all... Kia call me, when the ** salesman leased this to me it was in April 2016. Wet day...

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2018

I recently posted a negative review about Kia service regarding sloppy work during an oil change. The manager did reach out to me to correct the situation though. Like I said in my original post I normally have excellent service with them. This was a one-time mishap that they did correct. I would continue to recommend Kia to people.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

The service department employees are very friendly and normally have done a good job over the years. I've been taking my Kia Rio there since 2008. On my last oil change I left feeling like I didn't get what I paid for. They left the disposable seat and floor covers there for me to dispose of. Normally they throw them out. Also they didn't change out the sticker that shows when the next oil change is due. It makes me wonder if they even changed my oil??? Also they are supposed to check tire pressure. I even doublechecked and they said yes they did. My tires were clearly low. So what did I pay them for? Was anything even done to my car or did I waste an hour and the drive out there?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Nov. to next Jan. is a good time for car buying, since automakers will put more incentive/rebates on new cars. But not every brand is honest with customers. In particular, as a recent buyer with PAINFUL experience, I recommend: stay away from KIA, if you look for non-cheating rebates. This is based on my painful car buying experience from KIA (it is not dealer's issue, but just KIA's issue). To summarize the experience, I felt I was unfairly treated, discriminated or even insulted by KIA, who in the end took away rebate written in the car contract that I signed 3 weeks' ago. Basically, the car I have already put >500 miles, But then KIA told me that I am 'suddenly' not qualified for their rebate and I should come back to pay more). My detailed story was below. (I will post this to major auto websites to help buyers avoid painful experience of mine. Any question, please email me at **).

I signed the contract and obtained a new KIA Niro 2017 on 11/24/2017 (Black Friday), attracted by low price with KIA 'rebate'. I am a recent grad, with diploma dated on 09/2016, during that time I was with my F1 student visa (this matters). After graduation, I obtained EAD (employment authorization card granted by US government) and worked in the same university I studied. Basically, I have a work permit to be employed and my contract is annually signed due to nature of research task. ( this matters for KIA). My credit score ~790, with annual salary > 70K. With those info. I was qualified for KIA rebate (1000 dollar) and final price of the car is around 24K, checked by KIA and KIA dealer before we signed contract. I put 10K as down payment, leaving 14K as 4-years' auto loan with KIA per rebate's policy.

I thought everything should work as the signed contract. However, from Dec. 4 the dealer contacted me for my visa and EAD, per KIA's requirement. I feel strange but I try to work with them so I send out my F1 visa and current EAD (C09 category) that my employer has on file. I even emailed my position/annual pay from HR, and leave contact of my employer HR so that they can verify files. Now KIA finance begins to send ridiculous statements like: Contract Returned (Unable to accept Employment Auth Card, Must have Visa) 1. Visa submitted expired 10.03.2014 - Not valid... acceptable visas H-1B, H-1B1, L-1, TN, O1, E1, E2, E3 2. We will need employer letter stating they will request reinstatement due to applicant's Visa expired 10/3/2014.

There are two hidden rules or tricks from KIA that they can not give me rebate: KIA does not accept my Employment Auth Card (EAD). They keep looking at my expired F1-visa but ignore my current EAD. They want me to have a visa in THEIR list, which is only a small portion of valid EAD from the US governments. (https://save.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/EAD_Code_Table.pdf). I wonder, if US government grants me EAD for work and I indeed got employed with a good salary (70K annually for 14K loan in 4 years), then Kia's policy is a 'discrimination'. Moreover, Kia is also ignorant, as visa does not mean you could work legally (like F-1 ), instead EAD is standard work permit. I and my employer felt very sad when KIA keep asking us 'valid visa' and ignore my EAD.

KIA could not finance with me under 4 years, as my current employer only sign a one-year contact. I need to have a employment with a '4-year contract' from CURRENT employer AND 4-year valid visa (they do not say EAD). This is truly ridiculous. If 4-year finance requires: 4-year employment contract with the same current company, who can be qualified, given the uncertainty of many jobs? Dealer and I tried to 'satisfy' this unfair KIA's requirement. After talking with KIA (from dealer), one way for me is to bug my HR +boss to write a letter stating that: they have a good intention to hire me for 4 years.

I did that and my HR finally agreed to work on this. However, I was later told that even with the letter I still can not have the rebate, because my EAD (KIA always asked visa) was unaccepted, and I need to reinstate a 4-year valid visa in KIA's list by me or my employer. I felt truly insulted as KIA implied that they did not consider my employment as normal or even legal. My HR felt very unhappy, and asked me to leave KIA, 'why not choose other brand, like HONDA?'. Unfortunately, I did not have choice since I drove the car for 3 weeks, returning the car will be very unfair/impossible to dealer. In the meantime, I tried to get KIA finance contact and talked to them directly. From the dealer, I got number and called KIA finance: 1866-337-5632. After reporting my case number: **, I was told that KIA finance would not talk with me directly, and they asked me to contact dealer. They just ignore my request.

In the end, I and dealer have to take care about the extra money due to the loss of KIA rebate. I, dealer, even my employer, all harmed and felt this is unfair from KIA. I feel I am discriminated or insulted from the whole process. KIA's hidden rules on the rebate was a cheating and dishonest trick on customer or even KIA dealership. If one seeks honest rebate/incentive, stay away from KIA, and look at other brands (there are so many).

If you insist on KIA, think about their two 'after-contract hidden rules/traps' (that is after your employment/salary + credit score satisfies and contracted was signed) that I encountered: 4-year finance? OK, then do you have proof of 4-years of employment from your current job? Working on visa/EAD? OK, do you have current 4-year valid visa (not EAD) that must be in KIA's list? Other conditions (waiting to see other customers posting...)? Feel free to forward my experience to other potential autobuyers so that they do not have to experience I experienced.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I own a 2015 Kia Forte which I purchased new and now has about 49000 miles on the odometer. It came with a 60000 mile "bumper to bumper" warranty and a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, one of the main selling points for me. Just over a month ago the instant gas mileage display on the dash went dark. I have been to the dealer three times for repair, each time failed. They changed out the entire instrument cluster which did not help. Now the dealer is saying Kia engineers are working on a fix but the dealer has not been able to provide even a vague estimate on when or how my car can be fixed. I have contacted Kia Consumer Assistance several times for help and got none. They seem to think that the problem is so minor that I should not bother them. I am not pleased and worry that the 60000 mile warranty will expire with my car still broken. I hear rumors (on the net) that I am not alone with this problem.

Kia Company Information