Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.37/5

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1005 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have had 4 Kias now, 2012 Rio and 2014 Soul both 4 years, 2017 Sportage and 2014 Optima. No problems with any of them but we are low mileage drivers. A word of warning, there are recalls on the 2011 to 2014 4 cylinder engines for failure. Also, get your oil changed at the Kia dealer, their filters are very good and have a unique property of allowing oil to pass thru on start up. Do not use 5w20 in over 60F weather, it's a government scam to get better gas mileage, use the owner's manual to determine what viscosity you should use, during the winter I let them put in their 5w20, during the summer I insist on 5w30. I hope not to have the problems I have read about. Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I purchased the 2018 Kia Sorento EX 3.3L AWD new in January 2018. I currently have 23k miles on the vehicle now. This vehicle has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars. The AWD system works great, handling is great, power is there when you need it and it's comfortable. Every vehicle has its cons, but I find it difficult to find one with the Sorento. I know a few other people who own a Sorento and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

The interior has a great feel and well put together, unlike a lot of new vehicles and their cheap composite plastic. The lines are almost seamless. The warranty (10yr/100k) seems great until you read the fine print. A lot of components are dropped off the warranty at certain mileage intervals along the way to the 100k benchmark. I did pay for the better warranty which covers all components to 100k miles, but even then other companies have warranties only going out to 24k to 36k miles, which is convenient to drop the vehicle's warranty the moment it leaves "new car status."

I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that's considering purchasing an mid size SUV. For what you pay it's the best bang for the buck. There is a transmission software update available. I brought the vehicle back in at 5600 miles to have it completed. KIA sent a $50 Visa prepaid debit card in the mail due to the inconvenience. I've never received anything from any other manufacturer for an "inconvenience."

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The guy who came to open my car door was efficient and awesome as soon as he arrived! Saved my day with my daughter! It was a terrible situation that ended very much appreciated. Locking my key in my car was a new experience for my 2014 Kia Forte. I was nervous about how they would do it but my Kia Roadside assistance was amazing and fast. No damage and friendly. We were at a shopping outlet about an hour from home. No one could bring my backup key to us so we were literally stuck. I did some googling and found Kia Roadside Assistance. Amazing experience. :) My daughter and I enjoyed the rest of our Labor Day together with my car key in my purse lol. :)

Original review: June 22, 2018

The Kia Sorento is my SUV and I just love it. It's roomy and drives well. Being older I like the fact that the car is high not one of those low cars. And being so high I have a better view of the road. I also like that the back seats can be put down to make more room for storage and there is a rack on top of the car for extra luggage or storage as well. What I don't particularly like about this car is the fact that the tires on this car are quite large and expensive. And if you need repairs it's quite expensive due to the fact all the parts are under a protective cover that requires taking off the cover. So if you need to brake fluid this cover needs to be removed by a mechanic. But other than that, the Sorento handles quite smoothly when driving.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Kia Stinger GT-2 is competing well with sport type BMW and Audi vehicles for about 2/3 of the price. It is high performance throughout- high horsepower dual turbos, higher torque, five driving modes that alter engine and suspension parameters, 8-speed transmission, AWD with a 60/40 split favoring the rear wheels, deluxe Merlot leather interior, all available safety features, and a Harman Kardon 650 watt 15 speaker stereo to boot.

However, road tests reveal 0-60 mph in 4 seconds or less and its speed limited to 188 mph contrary to the manufacturer's numbers. Also, it's three grand to replace the monitor, etc. and labor rates at dealerships are usually $120/hour or higher. Nevertheless, I love driving it and am learning the features rather quickly as they are quite intuitive and the manuals quite helpful. I opted for the extended bumper to bumper 10 year/100,000 mile warranty because of the heavy reliance on complex computer and electronic technology.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: May 23, 2019

The power to surprise is KIA's slogan...it will surprise you alright...as it engine blows up and then Kia refuses to fix. GOOGLE Kia engine failure. Read the horror stories! My Kia a 2012 with 63000 miles - Dead and nothing being done by Kia. Surprise!

Original review: May 19, 2019

Vehicle exhibited more frequent and louder squealing noise problems from steering. After service recall work was performed than before work was supposedly performed at Regal Kia Service Department. I am concerned for my safety when driving this vehicle now. Also there was damage to rear bumper licence plate frame like the car scraped the ground.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I own a 2015 Kia Optima Turbo with 56,000 miles, and the paint is peeling off. I contacted Kia Customer Affairs, and they advised for me to get 2 estimates and they would SEE if they could help me. This is absolutely the worst customer service ever. $40,000 car and the paint peels off.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Ok, I've been having issues with my low beam headlights. I can't even tell when they are on and having highbeams is the only why I can drive safely, until other drivers blind me with theirs because they are upset about it. Originally I thought maybe they just need cleaned... till I did research this is a major issue with many people and Kia needs to take responsibility. The chrome is getting burnt by the lights and it no longer is reflective enough to work effectively. I don't know how they have not recalled with all the complaints I have viewed online. This is a safety hazard and needs to be addressed. Other than that I think it is a fantastic car.

Original review: May 14, 2019

In September of 2018 my 2012 Sorento started to catch on fire. I did not know what was napping and others were telling me to get out of car. When I finally did it was burning across the bottom. It burnt completely up. Kia paid for a rental for 7 months and then they called me and told me that it was undetermined why the car caught on fire. Now the fire department tells you why. Well anyway they took the rental. Told me it's nothing they could do. Credit drops from 670 to 435. Can't get another car if I wanted to and still have to pay the Kia off that's burnt up. Not Fair. People do your research on Kia.

Kia Company Information