Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.12/5

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

958 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I actually have not had a problem with my 2016 Kia Sorrento. It now has 40K miles and it has been relatively trouble free. Dealership was good and provided good service. Not so with Kia customer service. I exercised my purchase option over 50 days ago and have struggled getting a title from them or getting any assistance with temporary tags as the old tags expired. For anyone exercising your option to purchase make sure you do it through your dealership and not directly with Kia as they are completely inept and not helpful.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I have been getting my car repaired here for over a year and I never had a bad experience until today. I had a flat tire, called roadside assistance and when they attempted to take the tire off one of the lug nuts were put on crooked from when I got my tires changed months before. Once I got to the dealership Artie **., the service employee was extremely rude and dismissive. I told him that all I needed them to do was take the lug nut off and put it back on properly until I can get a new tire. He told me to write down my number and they would be in contact but it may be a few days. This was not fair to me because I just wanted them to fix what they did wrong and instead of being helpful, they were rude and inconsiderate.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Bought the car online. Flew into the Salt Lake UTAH Jerry Seiner KIA to pick it up. No test drive no vehicle inspection just buy and drive! Got home opened the hood to find significant body damage repair! Called no help. Showed me a forged document of acceptance! Police notified! Beware!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Kia Sorento brand new last year. Up until this point I was happy with my purchase and have enjoyed the vehicle. But recently I took a highway trip (car now has 19,000 miles) and it started to develop a problem with "sticky" steering at higher speeds. Very difficult to maintain position in the lane. My husband asked me why I was jerking the car so much, but that's what it took to keep the vehicle in the lane. I was so concerned with safety that I sacrificed part of my vacation sitting in a repair shop having them go over the front end.

I was told there was nothing to check because the steering is electronic, not hydraulic. Hoping the car was safe to drive I returned home and immediately had my dealer check the problem. The dealer said there was nothing wrong and nothing to check diagnostically. "Come back when it happens again," the manager said. Since then it has happened nearly every time I drive above 50 mph. After doing some research I have found this is a common problem for which KIA has no fix. Very sorry I purchased this car because not only does KIA not care about the problem, it's been around for a while and they have done nothing to correct it. Time to go buy a Honda.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Kia Sorento. After cleaning the plastic plate in front of speedometer with glass cleaner as recommended. I noticed that there were spots on other side of the plastic. This should not happen. Kia would not repair the problem and brushed aside the problem with the simple statement that it looked like outside influences were involved. Gee, could it be that KIA did not properly seal the plastic covering protecting the speedometer? If you buy a KIA, be prepared to fight for everything under warranty. Personally, I am getting rid of the Sorento and buying a car that lives up to its warranties.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The guy who came to open my car door was efficient and awesome as soon as he arrived! Saved my day with my daughter! It was a terrible situation that ended very much appreciated. Locking my key in my car was a new experience for my 2014 Kia Forte. I was nervous about how they would do it but my Kia Roadside assistance was amazing and fast. No damage and friendly. We were at a shopping outlet about an hour from home. No one could bring my backup key to us so we were literally stuck. I did some googling and found Kia Roadside Assistance. Amazing experience. :) My daughter and I enjoyed the rest of our Labor Day together with my car key in my purse lol. :)

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Originally I left a 5 star review, but times have changed and the honeymoon is over. When I bought my car 2 years ago the salesman was good. I can't hate on Frankie. But don't be mislead by all these 5 star reviews. My gripe with this dealer is how they treated me during a service, WHICH HAS NOW MADE ME LOSE ALL RESPECT FOR THIS DEALER AND THIS BRAND. My car is still brand new with only 12k miles. With this many miles nothing should break on this car unless it's defective. I experienced a broken wheel stud and lug nut. The wheels on my car have never been off before so obviously they must have cross threaded it at the factory. When I tried to remove it, it wouldn't budge and snapped (I was swapping wheels). Kia claimed I must have cross threaded it? How do you cross thread a lug nut when you are trying to loosen it?? Morons!!

KIA's prestigious warranty would not cover it. This billion dollar company couldn't honor a warranty on a defective part that costed 10 bucks. So I asked how much to repair, since I needed it fixed? 75 bucks... Fine. I'll pay it and wait to avoid any more grief. 3 HOUR later the service advisor says we have a problem. The whole front end needs to come apart to put a 10 dollar stud in (hub, bearing, knuckle) and would need all the new parts too!!?? Huh??? Why!!? Commission maybe!!? The new price 504.00!!! LMFAO. You guys are out of your minds. Where did you make that price up... I called KIA corporate to find out about the warranty to pay for this defective part. Nothing. Useless and full of excuses.

I had enough and pulled my car out of there. Guess what. Took it to a PROFESSIONAL shop and they did it for less than half the price!! Coleman KIA you lost me, and I'll make sure to let everyone know to stay away from you and KIA in general. For anyone thinking of a KIA, think hard, because when your car malfunctions (WHICH IT WILL) you will get nothing but excuses as to why the warranty will NOT cover it!!! This is your warning people!!! Once they sell you the car, they don't give a ** about your problems.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Don't buy a KIA!! They have the WORST customer service and when you have a problem and want to speak to a supervisor or manager they will not transfer the call. I will never buy another KIA and I would not recommend KIA to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

2013 KIA RIO5 SX, 77,000 miles. August 6, 2018. Driver side passenger door, electric window would not go down. Took to KIA dealer & found out the sound barrier material that was glued to inside of door was falling apart & jamming window. Dealer checked all 4 doors & found the driver's door sound barrier material was also falling apart. Dealer said no replacement is available. Dealer removed sound barrier material in driver's door and driver side passenger door. Mileage is over the 60,000 mile warranty so I was charged $186.03. I called KIA 800-333-4542 & opened case 12821760. KIA said car was out of warranty & there is nothing they can do. This car is well maintained & never in an accident. This "sound barrier" material should not have failed in under 5 years.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Kia does not care about safety!!! Car disabled 3 times!!! Hybrid system to second owner is under warranty until 60k. My first issue was cared for at 45k. The second on the same malfunction happened at 75k and returned the car back to me. Now the third time 85k and they won’t fix the issue but it’s the same one that never got fixed? How is this good customer care? You never fixed the issue. It is part of the hybrid system!

Additionally it takes 10 plus days to get ahold of anyone! The first time I was on the freeway the car disabled leaving me stranded. Second time it disabled causing a car accident. The third time a month after the accident leaving me stuck again and now reporting a lemon. They won’t accept that the car is unsafe. Causing me to have to get a lawyer? Why can’t Kia just settle and give me a safe car/fix this one! I love this car but hate that I feel unsafe and am so sad I can’t ever bring myself to buy a new one because Kia Motors does not take safety serious!!! The car disabled 3 times! Does it really take someone dying or being seriously injured to actually care for this company? Can’t believe national and the executive team doesn’t want to improve the image of safety.

Kia Company Information