2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Kia Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Kia produces an modern attractive array of vehicles at a lower price point than its' competitors. My Cadenza is loaded with safety features and the latest technology available. It was priced below similarly featured imports in its' class. Reliability is weakness for Kia. My 2 year old Cadenza has been serviced 3 times for major repairs. The warranty is excellent and covered all my cost for service, but could not compensate me for my inconvenience. Resale value is another factor that hurts Kia. Similar Toyota's, Honda's, and Subaru's are superior in holding their value. Kia's just don't seem to age well. Based on features and overall cost, I would recommend leasing a Kia for 3 years. I would not recommend buying The Kia Cadenza.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have always driven large and expensive SUV's; such as Denali's and the Escalade; but, now that I'm older I wanted something smaller and less expensive, but reliable and with a good warranty. Someone said that I should look at the Kia Sorrento or the Terrain. I almost laughed, until I drove one. The power, features, and comfort they manage to pack into these vehicles is nothing short of amazing; especially at such a low price! It has most of the features that really matter to me, such as lane departure, back up camera, blue-tooth with Apple play. I honestly don't know how they make money!

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

In all of my 54 years and multitude of vehicles I've ever owned or leased, this one, by far, has been my favorite. It's also the first one I have not itched to replace after 2 or so years. It is the most comfortable and easiest to maintain and handle. The body and interior are well crafted and even after almost 6 years of use are still in almost pristine condition. The paint still looks brand new and the leather interiors seams and carpeting are still in great condition. I am not the most vigilant with washing and vacuuming either, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it. I would and do, wholeheartedly recommend the Kia Sorento SX to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

One of the best cars I've ever bought. It drives so good and very comfortable seating. It has the best warranty on the market (10 years) and for half the price of other vehicles that are similar in style and performance I am very pleased with my Kia Sorrento. It is a great SUV for our family. Go test drive one and see why there are so many Kia Sorrento's on the road today. I paid $23,000 out the door for a brand new 2018 SUV. I did a lot of homework and bought at a good time saving over $10,000 on my vehicle. I would definitely recommend buying a Kia. I'm happy with mine and will be buying another one soon in the future.

Original review: July 4, 2019

After owning 3 Hyundai Elantras, I decided to keep it in the family and purchase a Brand new 2015 Soul. I pat myself on the back every day because of that decision. For a comfortable amount of money I get - excellent gas mileage, roomy interior, sitting high lets me see everything very easily, plenty of “stuff inside” - nice size screen (which I never thought I needed, but use it every day), radio, CD player, excellent dash lighting, cruise control - and much more.

It’s 2019 and just took “her” for a 125 mile trip to the beach. You would have thought “she” was brand new. At one point I looked at the dash and realized I was going 70 in a 55 (don’t tell anyone since I have never had a ticket). I was just amazed how smooth and quiet “she” was after four years. Gas consumption was amazing. For anyone looking for a smaller yet roomy car with a low price tag and plenty of options, besides being eye candy, the Soul cannot be beat. Check it out. See for yourself how big small can be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I find it hard to believe that every dealer I visited to buy this particular model car are increasing the MSRP price of this car by thousands of dollars using a dubious practice call addendum sticker, I initiated a complain directly on the KIA website but all I received was an email indicating that someone will be in contact with me, that was back in late October 2019. As of today nobody has call me or email to address this serious problem.

I understand that this is nice vehicle and people might want to pay a few hundred dollars more for it but thousands more is ludicrous and not acceptable. If KIA is allowing dealers to ripoff unsuspecting buyers all they doing is destroying their own brand as once the word gets out many buyers will simply stay away from buying this brand. I saw this happening in the early 1980's with Honda. I was a young father with 2 kids and needed an economical car, I ordered a 1980 Civic and when I went to pickup the car 6 weeks later the dealer increase the agreed price by 25% and I was told take it or leave it. Having waiting for so long for the car I end up paying gouge price. To this day I never bought another Honda.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I recently bought a 19 Kia Forte. It's less then 4 months old and has 6000 miles on it due to commuting. It now needs a new transmission. Overall the car has been great until this. I lost acceleration on the freeway and struggled to make it to the shoulder before the engine light came on and the car would not drive at all. The dealership has been awesome. Kia consumers was awful and did not care at all. I'm also not the only person to report this exact issue. Be aware.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I purchased a 2019 Kia Stinger a few months ago. I had a small accident and my car is still at the shop waiting for parts that Kia does not have for their own cars. I just got off a call with the incompetent representative telling me there is nothing they can do and my part will arrive in MARCH! My brand new KIA Stinger 2019 luxury car is going to sit for 6 months because KIA does not have fenders???? I will NEVER buy KIA again!!! Disgrace!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

As a Disabled Veteran &Traveling Veterans Advocate, my Service Dog Koko really LOVE this car UNCONDITIONALLY, because it’s dependable, cost efficient, roomy and beautiful. Due to I have numerous VA Doctor’s Appointments it feels outstanding that I have an extremely reliable vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This car, Kia Sorento, car rides good, good on gas, reliable, comfortable, nice salesperson, service was great. Fits my needs and overall design. The color and options were easy to choose from. All and all a great car to drive.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Kia Company Information