Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.62/5

Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

993 Kia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

I took my car to KIA Shop for repairs after an accident in mid Jan 2019. I was promised it would come out as good as new but sadly it came out looking awful. I took it back and they demanded extra money if I want any more work done. I contacted their headquarters and after a series of back and forth, they said they would do the repairs. Initial agreement involved changing of bumper which they refused to do until I pressed. I had to call them up on Facebook before I was told that the repairs will be done. We are now in Mid-March and the car is still with them. The most annoying thing is they don't even call to give status update. I have to be the one to do the calling. I have been using UBER since the car was with them and spending extra-budgetary. I have resolved that whatever happens, I will NEVER use KIA services again and I will go out of my way to ensure that nobody I know uses KIA services for any reason.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Very disappointed in my 2011 Sorento. This is the first and last Kia I will buy. At 106K miles, just 6K miles out of warranty, I need to have my transmission replaced. Also need motor and transmission mounts. I have not even paid the vehicle off (have 6 months left) and can't justify spending $4700 to fix. Appealed to Kia for "goodwill help" and was denied. Hope this review is helpful to others.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I noticed about a year ago that my backseats were wet. I thought my child spilled water. However, they were really wet again about three weeks ago. Within the next couple of days the floorboards were soaked. It has rained a lot lately. Someone rarely sits back there so no telling how long this has been going on. I called the dealer and made an appointment on Friday for Monday morning. I was told I would need to pay an evaluation fee of $125.00. I have read that this is a problem with this car and other Fortes. They said it was the seal in the tail lights. Of course not covered by the warranty. They have replaced my tail lights in the past. How do I know that they did not cause this when they changed them. My car is so wet it fogs up and ice is on the windows in the mornings. They replaced the seals and sent me on my way ($230.00).

I got home and noticed that the tire well (with no spare tire) was full of water. I cannot get this water out of my car. Also realized that my back windows will not roll down. I have done regular maintenance on this car at the dealer since I purchased it. You would have thought they would have noticed this when they do their inspections or when they changed the bulbs. I think they knew this was a problem with these cars. They should have done a recall or at least tell you they need to be replaced after a couple of years. Now my car is ruined and I will never get this mold out of my car.

I purchased this car in April of 2013 (almost six years ago). While I was waiting for my car to get finished they had a salesman trying to get me to buy another car. He was trying to say that the sun caused the seals to go bad. Don't know what makes them think I would buy another Kia ever after this. I took it back to the dealer that night asking for suggestion on how to get all this dripping water out of my car. The back seats of rust stains now from the water. The trunk is growing mold under the carpet and on the well hole. They are suppose to call me back today. I have not heard a thing from them. They should have paid for this to be fixed. Had I brought it in the first time it would have been still under the warranty.

I have been a loyal customer. I have replaced my tires twice there (which the first set went bad right after the warranty was out on them too). I have the weather mats in the car and in the trunk. I am in the trunk a lot. The mat was never wet. I had no reason to pull it up and look in and see that everything under it was wet and moldy. I did notice a mildew smell a few times in the car. A coworker asked me about a month ago if I had had any real problems with my car. If I had known about this I would have told him to stay away from Kia. I paid cash for this car and cannot afford to make payment on another one but if and when I can, IT WILL NOT BE A KIA. Shame on you Kia!!! I have seen several post about this problem on different websites. You know this is a problem and have done nothing about it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

All I can say is if you get a Kia, pray that nothing ever goes wrong with it and that you need to deal with Corporate Headquarters. They are the most irresponsible and useless group of people I have ever dealt with. I had a recall on my car that was unsafe to drive. After over a month of back and forth where I was told the part was ordered and it was not, and then I was told I would get loaner car and then I was told I could not get a loaner car and that I would have to be reimbursed for renting my own car. I spent almost $650 for a rental car for a week and a half plus having to UBER to and from the car rental place.

On December 21st, they approved my reimbursement and told to allow 30-45 days for completion. On January 27th (31 days later) I contacted Kia to find out the status of my reimbursement. I was told on January 28 (32 days) it was in final review and would be processed shortly. After receiving and hearing nothing, I contacted again on Feb 5 (40 days) and have since had no response.

It is now Feb 12 (47 days) and I have yet to receive reimbursement nor any response from Kia. I spoke to manager, Brenda ** at Kia today who also told me that the reimbursement is still processing and she would follow up with me. Brenda did not follow up with me so I had to email her 8 days later and she told me it was still being processed and she requested it to be expedited (I thought this had already been done?). Now it has been another 5 days since she responded to me. I am going on 66 days since my reimbursement was approved with no check and no ETA of when I will get it.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Kia just responds stating my case is being worked on and to work with my case manager. And to note, my case manager, David, if he still is my case manager, hasn't responded to me since January 28th (28 days ago). This is insane. I just want my money. I have been charged 2 months of interest on my credit card now and still they cannot even tell me when to expect my check. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY A KIA AGAIN AND REGRET BUYING THIS ONE. KIA IS A JOKE.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Engine recall with a 3 - 5 month wait according to Fucillo Kia. My first issue with my 2017 Kia Sorento was on 9/18/18 when my A/C stopped working and the engine overheated. I brought the vehicle to my dealer. I was informed the head gasket needed to be replaced. It was fine for four months until 1/18/19 when the heater stopped working. I took it to my dealer and then they determined that I needed a new engine. I later found out by the technicians at my dealership that they had 40 vehicles of different models needed new engines. They told me that Hyundai is having the same problems. They had no loaner cars for me so I was drivien to a Hertz rental up the road by a dealer rep.

The dealer said the policy of Kia motors allowed to drive the smallest car Hertz had on their lot. It was a Nissan Accent which is smallest car Nissan makes. So basically I’m paying $395 a month for an All Wheel Drive SUV and I get a vehicle that isn’t even close something comparable to what I’m leasing. I’m also in the last year of the lease and I won’t have my car for 3 - 5 months. The dealer won’t let me out of the lease but I have to keep paying for it! I was towed out of my own driveway with only 2 inches of snow on the ground. I’ve filed a consumer Fraud case with the NYS Attorney General’s Office. Nobody at the dealer will help me and the Consumer Affairs Dept at Kia Motors will help either. I’m so disgusted and frustrated. I will never recommend a Kia or Hyundai again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Supervisors very unprofessional. Also something must be wrong with dealership. I wasn't supposed to pay so much money and Kia owes me over $500. To get that $500 I fought, pull teeth. I mean they kept on changing dates on me. They kept on give me the run-around. This is Kia Financing people, Kia Financing. They'll rip you off. Take your money and then tell you to go to hell and take a chill pill. I'm a first responder from 9/11 okay and this is the way they treated me. If it was in that I just bought my car I would just trade it in or burn.

People not supposed to be disrespectful like that to a customer no matter who they are Finance supervisor whatever. This Finance supervisor I hope the CEO will see this and fire you. I talked to her today. 22nd of February. Look it up. You'll find out she's a miserable individual. She told me to take a pill to relax. No it's so relaxing when you disrespect somebody who served this country for 32 years. And you probably wasn't even born then. Kia Financing that will charge you an arm and a leg. I'm stuck with a car paying $500 a month and I could buy probably BMW or Mercedes and pay that much. But other than that if it wasn't for the dealership done helping I wouldn't had no money to eat. Because Kia Financing is fraudulent they don't care who you are.

The supervisors should be all fired instantly and replace with people that are more knowledgeable and more public relations than being a nasty hag. That is my complaint. They are the worst horrible people to finance through. The dealership I got it from is great, but the financing company Kia - the Better Business Bureau and everybody else is going to find out about how bad they are. Don't piss off a Marine.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Update on 02/18/2019: Day 14 waiting for a resolution. Our car was taken in for service because of a check engine light being on twice. On the second inspection they determined that our transmission needs to be replaced. With the vehicle being less than 6 months old and just reaching 4,000 miles we were obviously upset. We waited for the first week asking to just have the vehicle replaced. Now I'm not sure I ever want to do business with Kia again. So here we are 14 days later waiting for someone to let us know what they are going to do for us! Numerous emails and phone calls and NOTHING. It is becoming very clear that Kia is not willing to do the right thing at this point.

Original: Buyer beware! My husband and I both leased new Kias in August. My Sorento needs a new transmission at less than 6 months old and at 4,000 miles. We are being told the transmission should arrive on March 10th. In the meantime I am paying a car payment on a car I don't have (at this point it is 11 days). If (big if) my car is done on time that means it will be there for 35 days! We have spoken with Randy ** (Kia consumer affairs lead escalated case) with no resolution. I have told Randy that I would like my car replaced with a comparable vehicle or a lease termination and refund. Randy is basically beating around bush without actually saying they will not do either. He would like to "look into some type of goodwill". Really not interested in "goodwill" at this point. My family learned a valuable lesson about Kia and how much they value their customers.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I am a little perplexed with your judgement call Kia... I own a 2014 Kia Sorento that’s as apart of your engine recall. The car “passed” the tests ran on it to determine if a new engine was needed, only to have the engine completely cease going 50mph on a major highway in Virginia. I received a call today about an open recall on a fuel pump issue potentially causing fire. While I was aware of this situation due to the national news the issue has received I was not prepared for the supposed resolution to this issue... I was told that I needed to bring the vehicle in for inspection to determine “if they” thought the fuel pump needed to be replaced...

So, let me get this straight you want me to yet again trust people that told me my engine was completely fine when it wasn’t to now tell me I don’t need a new fuel pump but potentially catch fire??? Something is seriously wrong with this situation! The fact that you are willing to put peoples safety at jeopardy is disheartening... I have zero trust that if I am told the fuel pump doesn’t need to be replaced that I am safe. You need a better resolution and you need one fast...

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

We took ownership of a brand new 2019 Kia Niro EX on 1/30/19, it would not start on 2/1/19. A tow company employee came by and took out a 'porta start' battery jumper, hooked it up and the vehicle would still not start... It was put on trickle charge overnight and the battery was fully charged on [AM] 2/2/19 but same problem persisted... Resolution = have it towed in, no vehicle to use in the interim (UVO message says "were closed, bye" and roadside response says they do not deal with anything other than getting the vehicle hauled in).

I have a hard time wrapping my head around what happened. The dealer says UVO should/can help but, unfortunately, if you need rental assistance and it is the weekend--- it appears you are out of luck (vacation with family/friends!). I think KIA needs to retool their customer relations department. Last KIA I buy and I will be sure to relate my experience (with no exaggeration) to those asking me 'how do you like your new car?' "...Oh, do you mean the new (219) KIA Niro EX we bought on Wed and on Friday we had no vehicle to use, no communication/help except a tow company suppose I was out of town with my family..." Can't make it up! I could go on but would rather focus my time on laying out my experience with KIA, which I will do. I would be more than happy to send documentation to anyone who is interested/in need of it.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Purchased a 2011 Kia Sorrento brand new (less than 100 miles on it) in August of 2014. Went to bring it in for a simple camera replacement that would be covered under the 5 year/60k warranty, only to find out that the warranty started back in 2011 when the car was placed on the lot. So by the time I purchased the car, there were only 2 years left of the warranty unbeknownst to me (even though they sold me the car as "new" --certainly not a "demo"). Conveniently no one is able to resolve this issue -- hitting a wall with kiaconsumeraffairs, and the dealership is just not helpful altogether. This is my second Kia, and will now be my last. A lot of headache over a quick repair. Curious if all dealerships do this to lessen the chance of someone making a claim under the warranties -- have them all start prior to the car being sold.

Kia Company Information