Get Pricing

Get Pricing on Carvana

3.9/5 (1124 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Since I have been able to drive I have always gotten a Kia. They are the most reliable cars on the market and they are the most flyers as well. They have all of the latest features and the miles per gallon is amazing. If you get you a Kia you will definitely have it for the long-haul.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

130,000 runs like a charm. Nothing other than regular maintenance. Gas mileage hovers around 25mpg. Love the heated seats and 11 seat adjustments on both driver and passenger sides. Quiet with a feel of luxury.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Safety features with driver assistance are better than Ford in my opinion. Maintenance guides are better without seeking more profit than necessary that Ford seems to push in my opinion. Customer service personnel were more genuine & helpful than previous experience with Arrow Ford in Abilene.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I purchased a KIA Seltos from Orange Park, Florida. Persons listed below were OUTSTANDING and PROFESSIONAL!!! Kelton ** - General Manager, Chris "Tim" ** - sales, Jim ** - finance. Thank you ALL for your Great Service and Help.

Original review: April 29, 2021

They are the best car warranty. Where else could you get a warranty like they give. When I first bought my car, they explained everything about my car and what I had to do to keep my warranty in force.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

This review is specific to Kia's roadside service. I've been very happy with my Kia vehicle. When I found myself needing a tow on a weekend night, Triple A phone wait times were 30+ minutes, but Kia's roadside service responded right away. Apparently my policy had expired, but I said that I was willing to pay so that we could expedite this process and get me to a shop before it closed. At this time it was a bit before 7pm and the service center closed at 9pm, so I figured this wouldn't be a problem. Oh, how young and naive I was.

First of all, after I hung up the phone with the representative, it took over an hour for some reason just for the Kia dispatch service to connect me with a towing service. I contacted an agent twice through the online chat system during this time and was both times given some generic message about how "they're working as fast as they can" and "your service is very important to us." I'd like to add that I'm in a major city, so it's not like there's a shortage of tow companies around. THEN when they finally assigned me a tow company, I was told that my ETA for the tow truck to arrive was 45-60 minutes.

Well, wouldn't you know it -- an hour goes by, and still no tow truck. This time I reach out to the tow truck company directly. He tells me that the driver "got tied up" with other tows but is now -- only just now! -- on his way over to me. Another hour goes by. Still no tow truck. Seattle's big, but not that big. At this point the Kia service center is very, very closed.

It takes another half hour just for the tow truck to arrive. During this time, Kia roadside assistance checks in a couple times -- once through a phone representative, and twice by text -- but each time when I tell them the tow truck still hasn't arrived, all they do is offer banal apologies and tell me my service matters.

I understand that Kia roadside assistance only had so much control over the terrible tow truck company I was assigned. However, ultimately I ended up waiting over three and a half hours just for a simple tow job -- in the dark, by myself, in a part of town I didn't know well -- and Kia did nothing to help with this aside from offer meaningless phrases. No apology discount on service at their center, no attempt to find a faster tow service, nothing. I'll just stick with triple A next time; despite the initial long wait to speak with an agent, I've never had such a ridiculous experience actually getting service from them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I purchased my 3rd Kia in Sept 2021. A 2022 Stinger GT. I found out on Friday, 12/31/21 that the transmission needs to be replaced. (Less than 8k miles). My appt was at 11am and they were closing at 4pm that day. By 3pm, when I had still not heard anything from my Service Advisor, I went back up to the dealership. The car wasn't currently being looked at or worked on, and yet no one had bothered to call and deliver the awful news. Nor did they even attempt to call the Tech Line and get authorization for a rental car. This was on a Friday, so I was without my car over the weekend. I called my Service Advisor back on Monday morning at 9:30 am (knowing he wouldn't be reaching out to me first). I was then told that the "tech line" doesn't open until 11am our time and they will have to authorize a rental car. But Hertz may not have anything available. I will NEVER purchase another Kia, that is for sure.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I was introduced to the Kia brand from a friend of mine. She had owned several Kia’s and absolutely loved them. I was very pleased with my Kia Sedona and used it to haul my children around for quite some time. In 2019 my husband wanted to get me something a little smaller because the kids were getting older and we didn’t necessarily need all the room the Sedona offered all the time. He found a 2017 Kia Sorento at Kia Southside. It was in great shape, had slightly less than 30K miles on it, and it had a third-row seat. It was a beautiful car, but I didn’t really “need” it.

I was perfectly content with my Sedona and they couldn’t get the payment down to where I was comfortable. BUT, they had my keys. It was late, I was tired and I wanted to go home. I tried to get my keys back twice. The second time, they were laying on the counter and they stopped me from grabbing them and suddenly all the numbers worked out. That should have been my first red flag! My husband bought the car and we were happy. Until we weren’t…

It is now December 2021 and my car is in the shop. I got an error light and took it to my trusted mechanic. He told me that something in my engine has broken loose and blown a hole in the valve cover. He advised me to have it towed to Kia because “Kia owes you something” and that he’s “never seen anything like it” with less than 60K miles on an engine. My car wasn’t due for service again for another 900 miles.

I had the car towed to Kia Southside. My service manager advised me that I did have an extended service package/warranty for 100K miles/10 years. He said that they would diagnose it and then have a Fidelity inspector come out to see if it would be covered. He later told me that I had a 50/50 chance because my engine had sludge in it and “they don’t like sludge”. He told me to prepare to show them my service records. Fidelity did deny my claim so my service rep gave me the phone number to call them.

I spoke with Fidelity and they said I was denied due to sludge. They were not interested in my records or situation at all. To clarify the situation, I said to the Fidelity rep, “So what you’re saying is service records, or no service records, it doesn’t matter. If there is sludge in the engine, you don’t cover it”. He said that my statement was correct. I asked him how they would know how the sludge got there, as I am the second owner. He said that there is no way to tell if there is sludge unless someone was to take the engine apart. He agreed that the sludge could have been in the engine before I even owned the car. It appears to me that “sludge in the engine” is a convenient catch all to not honor warranties. The Fidelity rep advised me to contact Kia Consumer Affairs.

I called Kia Consumer Affairs, explained my situation, and basically the representative told me to call Fidelity. I told him that Fidelity told me to call Kia. He advised me that my 5 year/60K Kia warranty was up and I should pay for the repairs myself. He seemed thoroughly annoyed by my request to speak to a supervisor, but finally said, “They’re just going to tell you the same thing!” and put me on hold. I waited for a bit and then found myself dumped into a supervisor’s voicemail. I did receive a call back from Kia Consumer Affairs. He left me a 32 second voicemail stating that his associate was correct and my warranty was up.

So here I sit, with a 2017 Kia Sorento with less than 60K miles on it, with a blown engine and a car payment. I’ve basically used it to tote children back and forth. I don’t drive it hard and I really haven’t put that many miles on it. I don’t hate Kia cars. Simply put, I think I have a defect. I’m asking that Fidelity and Kia do the right thing, fix my car or give me a comparable one at no cost.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I purchased a 2014 Kia Sorrento brand new. After the warranty expired around 130,000 miles, my engine blew a rod and destroyed my engine to a point where it needed a new engine. I just had $8,000 in repairs on the engine done 4 months prior to this happening. The dealership (Cronin Kia, Harrison, Ohio) said it wasn't related to the work that was done 4 months prior. HIGHLY suspect of that. I called Kia Consumer Affairs and put in my complaint and made a claim. They said it would take 24-48 hours to get an answer to see if Kia will put in a "Good Will" towards replacing my engine. After calling them every other day to get an answer, THREE weeks later they said there is nothing that they will do for. WORST car ever! Worst experience EVER! I will never buy a Kia EVER AGAIN! And I'll be sure to let the thousands of people I personally know that to never but a Kia ever again!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I’m a second time ‘Kia lemon vehicle’ purchaser and I have filed a case with the Better Business Bureau. Both vehicles I purchased classify as lemon vehicles because they both came with manufacturing defects that affected my safety. I currently own a 2018 Kia Stinger that has a malfunctioning audio system and is now automatically shutting off while in drive mode. This is the 2nd Kia vehicle that has shut off on me in the middle of traffic, causing a terribly dangerous situation. I have been to the Kia Cumming, GA dealership on 3 separate occasions to address my audio system issue. To be driving a $36,000 vehicle with less than 50k miles and be frightened that my car will shut off in the middle of the highway, AND have to listen to audio system static for every 10-15 seconds FOR 8-MONTHS, is unacceptable.

I took my previous Kia vehicle to the dealership on multiple occasions, over a period of years with engine/starting issues, before the engine finally failed. Kia having known that this was an issue, and not doing the right thing to rectify it before I became stranded on the side of the road, was disheartening and should have prevented me from placing faith in the company again. The inconvenience that both vehicles has caused me in continuous Kia service appointments and phone calls, is so ridiculous.

Foolishly I remained loyal to the brand, and traded in my previous Kia vehicle for another, only to have the SAME type of concerns arise, engine/transmission issues AND now audio system issues as well. My new vehicle is a gorgeous royal blue Kia Stinger, which causes me to get frequent attention and have questions asked pertaining to the vehicle on a weekly basis. I can honestly tell you that my response when people ask, “How do you like the car” has absolutely changed, and my response is now “DON’T BUY A KIA”!

Kia Company Information