2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (1799 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2021

KIA step up and honored the engine replacement. They stated they were going to do this as a good will gesture. I thank them for their reconsideration and glad to see they recognize loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I have a case number (unable to validate) ** - The dealership is stating that I did not have enough evidence of maintenance to honor the warranty on this 2014 Kia Sorento with a seized engine, they state that the oil sludge - I know I took care of my vehicle. This is my 4th KIA over the past 18 years and I am very disappointed with this reply, I have been loyal and spoken well to all that I believe in the KIA brand, I guess KIA doesn't believe me however, the one time I need you guys you bail on me. I have talked to representatives at both the dealership and consumer affairs basically they each blame each other for the information used to not honor the warranty.

I know I took care of my vehicle and if anyone looks at it it shows, so telling me I ignored oil changes because I don't have a receipt give me a break. This feels wrong, this year model and factory location of vehicle has recalls for other engine sizes and I am to believe that mine just happens to not be included and yet it failed in the same way is hard to swallow. It is a shame that over a few thousands dollars that KIA is willing to give up on such a company advocate and unofficial spokesperson. This is so disappointing and I don't have a dealership to support me as I recently moved from Texas to Georgia. Getting the blame passed from deal to KIA USA and back tells me that I am just a bunch of numbers. I am not threatening just stating the way everyone that will listen will get the story of how KIA let me down.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I purchased a KIA Seltos from Orange Park, Florida. Persons listed below were OUTSTANDING and PROFESSIONAL!!! Kelton ** - General Manager, Chris "Tim" ** - sales, Jim ** - finance. Thank you ALL for your Great Service and Help.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I bought a 2012 Hyundai Sonota from them. They told me they just got the car in and went through it thoroughly. Two weeks later the motor seized up! Come to find out the motor was a junkyard motor!! Of course they claim to not know this but if they went through it then how did they not know? Lies!! So I went back and they said all they could do is charge me $3000 for a new motor (which they said was a deal but Hyundai only wanted $2500). Lies!! Or give the car back and they keep my down payment and first payment!! WHAT!! Sales manager was a complete jerk!! Told me they keep the down payment to cover their costs because I blew up the motor in his car!! You sell me a junk car for $8000 and I should cover what they lost! Wow!! If I could give less than 1 star I would.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I purchased a Kia Optima in 2016. It constantly had issues. The main one being that the air conditioner did not work although I took it to the dealer four times! I purchased the car on a cool October day. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the air was not cooling. It would only blow the temperature outside. Late March rolls around and I discover the issue. The first time I took it to the dealer, they added freon and sent it right back out. Thirty minutes later, the A/C was not working again. I called and was told that it must have been the transmission temperature sensor. I took it to another dealer and they said there's no way it would be that. The second dealer got it to work for maybe two days and then it was out again. Took it back to them, then it worked for like a week. When I took it back the third time they said "It must be the whole AC control on the dashboard."

The representative told me the KIA dealership in GA had to call KIA in California, and they told them to try that, but they were stumped on what the issue was. That was going to be another $500 on top of the other repairs I had already paid for. I took it to a private mechanic who specializes in wiring/computers of cars. He got the A/C working for about two months - lasted through the end of summer. Spring rolls around the following year... same AC issue. With all of the money I've pumped into getting the air fixed... I essentially went without air conditioning in THE SOUTH... ATLANTA, GA from the time I purchased the car in 2016 to 2021. Also, the engine light was always on because of a faulty wire or sensor. In GA you have to get an emissions test to renew your tag. For some reason every time my tag was up for renewal... the engine light would come on shortly before. I will never buy a KIA again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

DO NOT BUY KIA!!! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! 3 months ago on 4/1/2021, Folsom Lake Kia received my new 2020 Kia Sorento for repairs from the result of a collision (WHICH I HAD JUST BROUGHT SIX MONTHS AGO). They sent my vehicle to Toyota Collision center (right next door) which according to Toyota Collision center would take 1 month to be completed/repaired. However, they notified me that they weren't responsible for ordering/shipping of the necessary parts needed to repair my vehicle, that Kia Roseville was responsible. Toyota Collision was ONLY responsible for receiving the parts to repair the damaged car.

For the first 30 days, my insurance covered my rental. But come to find out my repairs were going to take longer, due to a part being sent from kia damaged and received damaged by Toyota collision center. Toyota Collision also informed us the remaining parts were on back order due to covid, so you would think they would try to compensate their loyal customers in any way they could.

That negligence put my car's repair status back a whole month. So I went to speak with Folsom Lake Toyota collision center to compensate me, since the part was going to have to be reordered because of it arriving damaged. Toyota collision center said its not their job to assists us with a rental, that Folsom lake kia should since they're the ones working with our insurance and ordering/shipping the parts needed to repair my vehicle. So I took the advice of many people working on site, and I spoke with Folsom Lake Kia's head supervisor (Doug I believe his name was) to get my issue handled at the lowest level possible. My wife and I, inquired about a rental or loaner vehicle, until my vehicle was completed/repaired.

He informed us that it doesn't work that way and that we would have to contact Kia Motors of America to receive assistance. So we did.... And since then Kia Motors of America along with: Kia Motors Finance, Kia Consumer Affairs, Kia Assistance Team, Kia Collections Department have ALL avoided assisting us with solving our problem, (due to their initial negligence). They've ALL hung up on my wife and I, kept us on hold for hours on end, kept transferring my wife and I to different departments to avoid us speaking with their supervisors, been rude and said disrespectful things, tried to get us to sign falsified documents.

So 3 (almost 4 months later) of rude, careless, and negligent departments, customer service associates, and supervisors (JILLIAN in collections department being the worst!) I'm FED UP, with the horrible service I've had to endure over the 3 months, which has caused tremendous stress on my wife and I, especially since we have 3 kids one of which is a new born! So since it's virtually impossible to reach the head of these departments (cause they keep you on hold). So I've had to leave a review here! To warn others of the horrible service, THAT COMES WITH PURCHASING A KIA

Long story short, DO NOT BUY FROM KIA! They don't solve issues at the lowest level possible and DEFINITELY DON'T solve issues at the higher levels possible! Even in the midsts of a pandemic we cant receive any genuine help from ANYONE! & if you don't believe me read some reviews from Kia Motor finance!! They do not care about helping you! Money is everything! NOT YOU OR FAMILIES WELLBEING! Be safe, & God bless!

Original review: July 6, 2021

My 2014 Kia Sportage has had the same engine issue 4 times, forcing it to go into limp mode and has requiring a tow. Kia has assured us that it was fixed each time. This last time it happened 200 miles away, forcing me to drive out to pick up my wife. After the issue was fixed, we attempted to drive it back home only to have the same issue happen a mile down the road. Now Kia is refusing to provide us with a rental car during the time that the vehicle is being transported back to us, which could take up to 10 days. Being a family of four with two working parents, this situation is less than ideal. Kia has not proven to be reliable or trusted to make it right. They have owned the issue, but in the end they will leave you out to dry.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Kia Stingers have faulty brake rotors, this is a known issue and a quick Google search for stinger rotor problems will confirm this statement. My rotors have been pulsating since about week one of ownership. Kia will not resurface or replace the rotors that I have have been fighting to have fixed for about 9 months now because I have since installed aftermarket wheels and tires. What a joke, any excuse they can use to get out of covering their faulty products. Will not be buying another Kia, ever.

Original review: June 7, 2021

I have been a 3 car Kia customer for almost 10 years. I was Kia's BIGGEST fan, telling EVERYONE how great a company this is. I've converted 5 people into purchase of a Kia. Which is why I’d like to tell you why I am no longer a Kia customer and now a Nissan owner. And will tell EVERYONE I know to do the same.

In the last 10 months I have had more than a dozen service visits. Starting in August 2020 my engine was losing oil. After first visit, my SA Edwin agreed this is a problem, do the oil consumption test and we’ll be on our way for a repair. Test Done, with a "Sorry. We have to do the test again but we replaced the ignition coil." (2nd Coil since I’ve owned car) And again we test. With more "Sorry. It didn't burn enough oil," or "You have to come in EXACTLY at 1,000 miles." (This is NOT true; math can be converted at any mileage over the 1,000.) Even when I told them it starts burning at the 2,000 mark after oil change.

Over and over again, I miss work to sit in the dealership, or WALK home, as the dealership insisted on these appointments but wouldn't give me a loaner (I have full coverage insurance). Finally in March 2021 they decide they will clean the combustion chamber. Need to leave car: they make me RENT a car saying it will be paid for with my warranty. ADDITIONAL days needed as more problems occurred while in for repair. (Oil switch). "Keep the rental" they told me, it’s covered. Return the rental and the dealership won’t PAY THE RENTAL.

I have now missed over 30 hours of work, repeated oil change costs for the process, Rental Fees, Inspection fees that were never reimbursed. All in avoidance of a repair that was clearly needed to my engine. Go back into a new dealership Kia Schaumburg on 6/1/21 for scheduled oil change, and the Tech tells me there is NO OIL ON THE DIPSTICK. AGAIN. 10 months later and I still have the same problem. I hope the $100,000 lifetime of customer income I was generating (I buy a car every 3 years) was worth losing over this. I understand mechanical failure. I was an AUTO SERVICE ADVISOR for 10 years. It's how you handle it. And Kia Failed. (Case # ** for FEELING UNSAFE IN MY KIA, NO ONE CALLED ME BACK.)

Original review: May 24, 2021

I have a 4.5yo Sorento that had the engine fail on the freeway. After $440 to get it towed to Lakeside Kia we have been told the car isn't there, it is there, it was the turbo charger, it was the piston, it is under warranty, it is still be assessed we can get a replacement car. We can not get a replacement car. In the meantime it has been 3 weeks and no one is giving a straight answer or saying when it will be fixed. The warranty is rubbish. Never buy a Kia.

Original review: May 12, 2021

Never buy a Kia!! And if you do expect no help from them on recall parts, I've spoken to at least 10 people!! Half say one thing. Half say another!! Especially their specialist Jamie, he was horrible, mean in Jan almost!!! I've been walking for three weeks and can't reach anyone at the dealer. That's three hours away from me!!!! He acted as if he is the one who's been.

Kia Company Information