Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
4.14/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratings

Kia Soul

The Kia Soul is a five-door subcompact crossover that is manufactured by the South Korean car company Kia. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

21 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Milton ON- dealing with Leggat Kia Burlington for My leased Kia Soul SX 2015 (It’s a 4-year lease car due back in 9 months) which has just been towed to KIA after it stalled and would not restart. I am being told it is engine failure? The service rep said, "Well you have 125,000 km on it in three years" and I said, "What does that matter? I’ve had many vehicles in my life with way more mileage than that and no engine failure," service rep says, "Well there are large gaps between your servicing for oil changes," I said, "Really? So you have somehow seen all my records from Mr Lube where regular maintenance took place?" Service rep says, "Well that’s a problem right there. They probably used the wrong filters," so I say, "Are you ** kidding me? Estimate for repair I was told not under warranty, will be approx $5700 for new engine!!!"

I said, "I am not paying $5700 + labour to put a new engine in a car that’s going back." KIA WTF!!! Escalating complaint now to KIA. Oh yeah last year there was a loud rattling under hood and I took it to Leggat to diagnose. Was told later that it was just some rust on brake pad. They cleaned it off? Didn’t sound like it was coming from wheel and now I wonder if this is related to engine? Good thing I still have the recording of the sound to use in court because I’m sure that’s where I will be taking this matter.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

We bought a 2013 Kia Soul 4U brand new. 160,000 km later it’s still running like a top. We have had no major repairs or breakdowns other than brakes and pads. The only thing to fail is the backup camera which happened at about 120,000 km. All in all, I would 100% buy a Kia again.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 21, 2018

At first I loved the 2013 Kia Soul. It was not my first choice because I am not a huge fan of Kia, but it was comfortable and affordable. I love the looks of it and find it very comfortable. It's cute and I love having the hatchback door. Had great gas mileage and rode quiet and nice. But now there is something going on causing issues and it only has 58, 000 miles on it so I am discouraged. I dislike too that there seems to be a lack of pick me up. It could be better.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We were won over by the advertising that Kia chose to use, since we think Hamsters are cute animals. The Kia Soul is fuel efficient and spacious while not being too big. We haven't had any issues related to the car model itself, but we have had issues with the electrical components acting up and giving false idiot light indicators. Also, the only change I would make to the Kia Soul would be to raise the car a few more inches. Being as tall as I am, I would enjoy the car more if I didn't have to lower myself so much to get into it. Also, if the Kia were a bit taller, it'd be more reliable during flooding.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I love my Kia Soul and it is durable and likable! I really love the shape and the color ranges available for the car. The trunk space is fairly nice. The seats are comfortable and the seating space is roomy! The brakes are fine and the driving experience is relatively smooth. The engine is relatively problem free. It does not need a ton of maintenance! But the seat belts can be a bit more sturdy and easy to use. The mileage is fair but can be better. The seats can stain easily. Furthermore, the car has to be driven carefully when negotiating narrow sudden turns especially in winter driving conditions as it can topple over easily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Soul?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I love how functional this car is. It looks small but actually had a lot for room on the inside. It drives nicely and is able to fit into many size spaces when parking. I liked steering and how it was a four door vehicle. However, I don't like that my car does not have a back up camera or any sensors to sense when another car is in the blind spot. I would improve the sound system as well. Overall, I didn't want an expensive car or SUV but I also didn't want a regular car. I felt that this fit me the best. It has everything I have wanted.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have driven the car now for almost four years. I drive it back and forth every day. It's a good eco rider. It runs on gas and gets started with a key as you push down the clutch. I like that it is a manual shift so it get very good gas mileage. On the other hand, I wish it had more get up and go but it's only four-cylinder. It's a Kia so I'm not surprised about that fact but I just go on day by day doing my best and trying to keep my chin up.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We chose Kia in general because we'd heard very good things and read good reviews on consumer reports and elsewhere. The 2013 Kia Soul itself we got because it was more affordable than other models and it got good gas mileage. We actually bought two of them at the same time or close together at least. A red one for me and then alien green one for my husband. We bought the ones that were available on the lot at the time. Although if we had our choice we would have preferred white. But there weren't any on the lot at the time.

It's had some issues with service. There was a problem with faulty gas mileage and there was a lawsuit. We are beneficiaries of the Judgment against the company for that. We've also had issues with things not being put together well and having to be put back. And we had a problem with the check engine light that would come off and on, off and on all the time. And although we've taken the car in several times for different reasons they never would address the check engine light. They kept saying that it was needing this service or that service but in the end we found out that it was an update that was needed for the computer. By the time we finally learned the truth it was out of warranty. When we called about having the update run on the computer they told us that since it was out of warranty that would now be $65. I'm very unhappy with the fact.

My biggest complaint is with customer service. Or more so the service center. I'm sure they're very good at selling the cars. It's just taking care of them after the fact that isn't so great. Each time I brought the car in for something they would pressure me to buy a new car instead. We also had a lot of problems with the lighter slash charger in the front. It kept tripping Brakers. And we would go in, they change the breaker and then on the way home it would trip the braker again and blow it. I don't know why. That probably needs to be upgraded or looked at.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love it. The model I chose was the best car for the price. It is very eye catching and fun looking. It has plenty of room for both people and storage. It has a large enough back seat from my teenage boys. It's gets great gas mileage and is very easy to drive. The vehicle is low maintenance with an excellent warranty. This car also came Bluetooth ready. While the one I have is fine it could use a little more zip. I would have chosen the model with the bigger engine. In addition, I wish they make the tire pressure sensor a little less sensitive for it seems like the light on the dash is always lit.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The Kia Soul is a very good car. No mechanical issues. Good warranty. Excellent safety features. Easy to drive. Comes with tire pump and repair for tire. Electric seats lumbar support. Heated leather steering wheel. Heated and cooled leather seats. Fold down rear seats and plenty of leg and headroom in the front and back seats. Can change transmission to standard.

We had Kia Soul previous to this one and were very happy with it. It is a very reliable car. Very fun to drive. Economical. Can change the performance of the steering wheel. Large sunroof. Side curtain airbags. Back up camera. Cool sound system with lighted speakers. Cooler in the rear of the car. Rear power outlets. Usb plugins charging station for phones. Load music on to the sound system. Child door locks anti-skid, roadside assistance. Spacious glove box and center console. Indicts low air in tires.

Like the look of the car. We have luxury car features in a modest car. Love everything about it. Upgrades are amazing. All hands free phone and voice activated onboard computer. Diagnostic system. Navigation system is awesome. Car handles well at high speed and does well on long trips. Indoor bottle holders front and back. Amazing car for the price.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have had 2016 Kia Soul + for about eighteen months and have had no problems at all. Handles well, seats are comfortable with excellent seating position and nice outside view of traffic from all windows. Plenty of room for groceries and other items. Very easy to get in and out. Very happy with purchase.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The KIA Soul is such an amazing car! Very versatile, economical, and the rear legroom and headroom is great!! It rides great on long road trips and the safety and technology, not to mention the fantastic warranty really sets it apart!! This is my 3rd KIA Soul since 2012!! They keep getting even more amazing!

Original review: May 26, 2018

2010 Kia Soul is a small reliable car with a huge amount of space inside and due to higher seating has good visibility. However, rear suspension is rough on bad roads.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I was looking for a reasonably priced car that could hold two 50-plus pound dogs and that they could climb into on their own. Those were my primary criteria. The Soul fit the bill, but when I drove it, that sealed the deal. It handles very well and has a tight turning radius. It's very comfortable, but drives kind of like a sports car.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I really enjoy my 2017 Kia Soul. It has turbo boost and that car can move. The gas mileage is so much better than my last vehicle. I am a satisfied customer.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Kia Soul Plus is dependable, smooth, and lots space for hauling almost anything. I liked my 2013 but the car now is a Soul Plus 2015. I haven't had to do any repairs on either.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The Kia Soul is a nice car and gets great gas mileage. It's not too big to maneuver around and holds car seats very well. It has been dependable so far. I see a lot of them on the roadway so I must have picked a good one.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Kia Soul has great mileage. Not too big or small. Fun and cute. Super affordable. I leased mine then bought it. Got a fantastic deal and never had an issue. Will drive until it falls apart.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Kia Soul is fun to drive and can really hug a curve. Great on fuel and great on performance. Highly recommend this car. The positive traction comes in good when it’s raining and has a great Bluetooth systems. Love the car.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Kia Soul was the only car I could get with a manual transmission. Second Kia experience. First kia lasted 17 years. Great sales experience and service experience is pretty good too.

Original review: May 9, 2018

2015 Kia Soul is fantastic. I have never had a single mechanical problem, it drives like a dream and I LOVE the hatchback! We had a Hyundai before (Sonata) and I would give it the same rating.

Kia Soul Company Information