Kia Soul

Kia Soul Reviews

Overall Rating1.8 out of 5

About Kia Soul Reviews

The Kia Soul is a five-door subcompact crossover that is manufactured by the South Korean car company Kia. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Kia Soul Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 66 reviews and 244 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Soul?

Reviewed July 29, 2023

I bought my 2019 Soul new. When it had 46,000 miles on it the fuel pump quit working. I called the dealer so I could bring it in to be fixed. They said it would be a month before they could look at it. The other 2 Kia dealers in my area said the same thing. I could not go without a car for a month and could not afford to rent one for a month. I bought a new fuel pump from the dealer for $997 and paid a local garage $600 to install it. I submitted my claim for reimbursement with photos of the bills and mileage. They refuse to reimburse me because I didn't have it repaired by a Kia dealer. On top of that they voided my warranty for letting someone else fix it when they wouldn't. I will never buy a Kia again. Their warranty is worthless because they won't honor it.

Reviewed July 20, 2023

Very poor consumer customer service on all levels, corporate offices and dealerships. Kia America and Kia dealerships are money making entities with no regard for its customers or consumers. The 2016 Kia Soul was manufactured poorly, with defects and several recalls. But, Kia America or Kia Corporation won't acknowledge that.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 12, 2023

I had an oil change in May 2022, by August 2022 had an issue with car not moving with gas pedal to the floor. I had burned thru almost every ounce of oil and I had no idea of the problem until I had my garage check it. I was very lucky to not have the engine seize. It only had 70, 500 miles on it. Had to monitor the mileage and determined a quart was needed every 1000 miles. The Pre-owned Certified 10 year /100,000 mile warranty that my salesman said was great only covered engine problems if you are the original owner (of course that's not mentioned in the warranty). It's my understanding that this is a problem on most Kia cars/SUVs and some Hyundai's as well. I received no help from Kia at all and the dealership wanted to do their own oil change for the consumption test ($85.00). If burning oil was verified, the next test would be cleaning the upper half of the engine and again monitor oil consumption.

My garage said they had never heard of this test ($500) advised me to get rid of it. Bottom line, a $7.00 part was supposed to fix the problem, according to other Kia owners in a forum, this fix didn't resolve the issue. I only had $6100 left on my loan and took excellent care of it, thinking that it would last at least to 125,000 miles before a serious problem would happen. I got tired of monitoring and adding oil, so I traded it in. I hope it sits in the dealership inventory for a long time as they are asking for $14,000 for it.

Reviewed March 14, 2023

6 months after payoff of loan I still have not received the title & the representatives are rude. Seriously incompetent & I will never deal with KIA again. Now having to apply for a replacement title at my expense, buyer beware.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

KIA is not trustful. And the battery capacity drop down to 40%. Since it was under a warranty, we contacted and did a test for that. Victoria dealership said we are qualified and then they applied for the new battery which was last AUGUST. We have been waiting for 6 months and dealership saying they don't know how long it will take and there's nothing they can do. Now I can't use my car to commute to work 'cause of the poor battery condition. I'm very disappointed with the service you provide. We want to know how the process goes and how long it will take! This is ridiculous!

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

I love my Kia Soul. I bought it used with just a little over 20k on it. I use it for a delivery vehicle, delivering packages for Amazon. Has a great amount of room for a subcompact vehicle. My husband who is 6'4". Has plenty of leg room. A great little vehicle and gets great gas mileage.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2022

Man, I would HATE to be a Kia employee right now just because they're having to deal with my fire and fury. My 2022 Kia Soul was stolen this past weekend. Windows busted. Ignition plate ripped off. I located it and took it to get repaired at the dealership. The employee showed me just how easy it was for them to steal it. All you have to do is rip off the ignition plate. The internet is saying all you need is a screwdriver and a USB. But you don't even need that. The employee showed me how it was cranked, and he did it with his FINGERNAILS. You can crank a Kia.... with your fingernails.

I also asked why the alarm didn't go off whenever they smashed my windows? Well that's because the windows are not hooked up to any sort of security system with an alarm. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING YOUR WINDOWS CLOSED AND YOUR DOORS LOCKED AT ALL THEN? Where is the Kia's engine immobilizer? It is 2022, and Kia is actively producing and selling cars without theft prevention in place. What is a Kia worth to me that gets stolen? I'll go ahead and value it at $0. I spent thousands of dollars on this damn car just for it to get stolen. A car that is so easily stolen is a WORTHLESS car.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2022

2020 Kia Soul purchased brand new has had nothing but problem after problem, engine failure (stall) saw life flash before my eyes. Kia promptly says they need me to go back in unreliable death trap and do 1,500 KM oil test. I was mortified, I just 20 mins before avoided potentially horrible crash, do oil test send me on my way, engine replaced, only small block, TPS? sensor was first, oil in catalytic converter, changed, now again engine trouble, no one in household wants to drive it, I value my and my family members lives.

It's been going on for the last year and a half. They are now wanting to put a flight tracker to see how fast and how slow the car is driven and that it will capture whatever happened. I told Kia Canada nobody will be driving this car. We will no longer be there. Guinea pig we will not put our lives at risk to test their product that if they would like that done they can have their texts or service or sales or whatever people drive my vehicle as we will not be. I have asked for my money back for this car since approximately 6 months after purchase at which point I was laughed at and told to trade it in for something else on the Kia lot. I can't even drive onto the Kia lot. The trauma is so unbelievable that I end up having the worst anxiety and crying with it. I cannot drive the car. I will not drive the car. I want my money back and nobody will do anything. They really do not care, if you are planning on buying a Kia run. Run as fast as you can!!

Verified purchase
    PriceProcess

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

I own a 2015 and 2020 Kia Soul. The 2015 was recalled and the engine blew 11/24/2021 stranded my son in the middle of nowhere. $100 Tow to Carriage Kia. Spoke with Kia, told me they would reimburse me what I spend in Uber/Lyft/Rental Fees. The car was there for months and the amount to make it to work etc. was $3100+. They sent me a reimbursement letter on 6/30/22 which was immediately signed and sent back within minutes for $2800+. To this day I get the repeated story of it is still being processed. I have been promised by 3 different people that it is being ESCALATED. Nothing but lies from this company.

I have almost been evicted from my home of almost 12 years and I have no money to pay the car notes on the 2 vehicles because of KIA. If there was a 0 that is what they would have gotten rather than the 1 star. This is causing me mental anguish and I am at the point of contacting an attorney and this will cost them much more than $2800. Beware. So unhappy with this company I trusted enough to buy 2 vehicles from. I could have gone somewhere else. I wish I had. They simply do not care about their customers, even the ones who bought more than 1 vehicle.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 27, 2022

My 2016 Kia Soul with 62,000 miles engine stalled. Been 1 week since I took it to kia dealership. Still waiting for consumer affairs to approve it. Called them today I waited for 40 min on hold. Is this how they treat customers. Very disappointed.

Kia Soul Company Information