Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.87/5
Based on 82 reviews that contain star ratings

Kia Sportage

The Kia Sportage is a compact SUV that's available in three different trim levels. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

180 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Purchased a 2019 KIA Sportage in September 2018 and discovered after the purchase that KIA does not supply a jack and spare tire, just a mobile tire kit which consists of a compressor and tire sealant. If one was to get a flat tire which was not repairable, the mobile tire kit is useless. A tow would be require and that tow is only to a KIA dealership if it is under the roadside assistance option. That is only good if it is within the dealership's business hours, otherwise you will be stranded. Never would have purchased this vehicle if I had known that there was no jack or spare tire. I contacted KIA about the issue and they don't care. Love the vehicle but not KIA as a company. Once you have purchased the vehicle and they have your money, all caring stops. Would never purchase another KIA.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

2016 Kia Sportage is a nice car, dependable, easy to take care of and wonderful gas mileage. I love how far I can go on a tank of gas with this car. I love the OnStar and telephone through the car. I like the Headroom and the sporty look and it makes this old grandma feel sexy. I would definitely recommend this car to all my friends and this car is easy to haul around my pets and on a long trip. The price was in my range and I also like my payments. I love the color. It is a nice car to travel in and you have lots of legroom and it holds everything I need. But I dislike the insurance premiums for a new car. I would improve by lowering the premiums for insurance on this car. Other than that I might give it a little more gas mileage in a bigger gas tank.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had rented the car previously and enjoyed the experience, and I have had this vehicle since 2012. My overall experience has been outstanding. My KIA Sportage has proven to be dependable and a car I can count on. It is sturdy and drives steady on the roads, definitely not a light weight vehicle that's blown all over the road. The interior is pleasing to the eye with comfortable bucket seats and a dashboard that's easy to read and conveniently displayed. The backseat of the vehicle has ample space and plenty of leg room. The overhead of the cabin has enough height to feel roomy and not cramped. The trunk area of the car has plenty of space and there is additional space if you fold.

I liked the sporty look of the car while it still could be called a family car. I really liked the 'pick up and go' of the car and how responsive the braking and steering were. It was a fun car to drive and still made sense to own. I wasn't expecting that I would be able to afford the car and was very happy with the listed price. But, the GPS in the vehicle really sucks. It's not accurate and gives wrong directions and out of the way direction on a regular basis. KIA's GPS is undependable and has landed me in some dangerous neighborhoods on several occasions. It also tried to route me 300 miles out of my way on one occasion but I caught the err before anything happened. I've gotten into the habit now of connecting my iPhone to the KIA's Bluetooth and using my iPhone for directions. Much more accurate and something I can depend on.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I bought my 2005 Kia Sportage used in 2009 or 2010. It's a great car. Comfortable front and back, nice ride. I love everything about it. I could fit comfortably in the drivers seat and in the back seat. Very attractive shape and colors inside & out. Smooth, quiet ride. It has lots of little extras designed for driver and passenger comfort. Gas mileage is too high at 23 mpg highway though and 30 in town. It needed serious repair work at least 5 times and it left me and family stranded on the roadside 3 times. I had to have bought somebody's lemon. I would like to see cup holders placed better and some in the back seats. Also well placed grab bars to help one seat herself after she's climbed into the seat. Also something to hold a woman's purse so it is in reach but not on the floor.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The first time my husband told me to buy me a KIA Sportage as a Christmas gift I said to myself if it is a safe car; then I googled and it turned out that Kia Sportage is a really safe car and it is very cheap, which makes it more charming because we want to buy our own house and have more children. I have bought my Kia Sportage a few months ago and it is a super economic car and has lots of space to put the baby's stroller and all the bags and toys and baby food and diapers etc. I really enjoy driving it and to be honest I feel safe and sound. Not to mention it is so important to me and for my newborn baby the first. However, the color range was so narrow. I really wanted a more fun color but the seller told us that the company does not manufacture mint green or baby blue or light pink which made me so upset. Also, the luggage is very big but they could make it deeper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Sportage?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

This small AWD Kia Sportage is a reliable vehicle and gets great gas mileage. It also has great safety ratings. I like the gas mileage that it gets, it does great in rain and snow, and the backup camera is a nice feature. It ride kind of rough and you can hear the road noise. I wish it drove a little smoother. Also, the backup camera screen which is also the radio screen needs to be tilted down a little. If you are driving with the sun directly down on you, it's difficult to see the screen.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I like the lumbar and heated seats, the higher ground clearance, the spacious room in the overall vehicle, and the hidden spot in the back of the vehicle. I have confidence driving with four wheel drive in the winter. The vehicle is easy to upkeep and gets approximately 30 miles to the gallon highway and expressway miles. Also, it's easier to find parking spaces because this car is small. But I would change the windshield wipers. It is weird as there is two different size wipers. Dealer could tell why, but it was the first thing that my husband noticed looking at the vehicle. And these wipers never gave me the clear view driving in raining or snowing weather. I have replaced the wipers and I cannot say those wipers were any better.

Original review: July 30, 2018

We absolutely love our Kia Sportage, and would buy another one. It is stylish, comfortable, and rides well. It also gets great gas mileage. We are thinking of getting a second Kia, and we've told everyone we know how much we love ours! It is also very roomy. The seats fold down. It is a classy looking car. I love the 4 wheel drive too! It's easy to put it into 4 wheel drive and back out again. I also like the pricing, decent ratings, and crash test results. It has all of the features I wanted. Rear wiper, faub key, rear heater/vents. Though I do wish we had added the carrier rack. We also would've liked a tow package, and will plan on doing that soon. A little more tinting on the windows would've been nice also.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I have loved the Sportage. It is the perfect size and very comfortable. Fits everything I need with a little extra space and isn't too big. I like how well it does in the snow and ice and that it is all wheel drive. Gets good gas mileage. I would highly recommend this car to anyone. However, I would improve the side mirrors. They are very small and cause me to have some blind spots when lane changing. I also would add automatic seats and a better stereo system.

Original review: July 28, 2018

It used to be a brand I did not trust, had heard bad reviews about the brand back in the 1990s, but now I believe this Kia Sportage will be a safe and reliable one for my family to get from point a to point b. I am excited to experience a new freedom with Kia. There is a large trunk, nice spacious seating for kids. I am able to see all around from sitting up higher than in a sedan, it has a backup camera, very good safety ratings. However, I wish it had larger tires, look less like a minivan and more like a sports utility vehicle, all wheel drive for every vehicle, cup holders in the back seat, better gas mileage in the city.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The Kia Sportage is a very good car. It is very reliable. People enjoy riding in it. I had fun driving in from Minnesota to the great state of Maine and New York. I did not get luggage racks on top of the car, which bums me out now. But it has a lot of great features. It is very spacious for luggage in the back compartment. It has sari which is very handy, and the radio is awesome because I can set four different stations. Cd player works great and easy to use. Cup holder is real cool. Gas mileage is great and car is very comfortable to drive.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Kia Sportage is a great model of a car that everyone should own one! I’ve had it for years and just recently we had to have work done of it. Great running car and we own 2 Kia's so far. Sunroof is the best thing about the car especially because we live in Florida! I’m giving my daughter my car because she’s starting to drive. I will be getting a new one sometime soon in the near future. But I’d like more room since I’m a single mom with 2 kids, they are always toting a lot of stuff. They take up a lot of room with their things plus my own. I wish the car lights were a little brighter to though!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have a 2012 Kia Sportage that has 101,000 miles on it and the motor went out today. Driving home on the interstate and all of sudden I hear a loud ticking noise and my "malfunction indicator" light comes in. I had to have the car towed and my mechanic says the motor is gone at 101,000... just 1000 miles out of warranty. This car has been extremely well taken care of with no problems ever. Of course, kia just wants me to buy a new car.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Kia Sportage is an amazing car with an outstanding warranty which covers around 95% of any eventuality. The car is sturdy, robust, has good all round visibility and 4 wheel drive and excellent in the snow. It's an ideal family car that's economical for its size and tows caravan easily. Servicing is not overly expensive and spare parts are very easy to get.

Original review: May 21, 2018

This is my second KIA Sportage. I lost my first 2012 model to Hurricane Harvey. Which was a shame because it was good as new and in good shape with low mileage. The drive is comfortable. It offers Sirius radio and the mileage is better than expected. I now have a 2018 model and am enjoying it very much.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have a 2009 Kia Sportage and it is all wheel drive which really limits the gas mileage. I get 20 - 22mpg but other than that, I've been very happy with it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have a 2014 KIA Sportage that I purchased in 2016. The car is 4 years old and I've owned it approximately 2 years to the day. I maintain the truck faithfully, however a week ago I hear a ticking and knocking noise. I take it to a reputable shop only to be told that it was my motor. Did I think it was my motor, no. I figured I was still under warranty since there is only 90,000 miles on the car but no. So now I have to pay over $3000 to have a new motor put in. I don't have that kind of money. Should I also say that my husband thinks it's my fault because he thinks that I wasn't maintaining the car until I showed him receipts. Kia needs to accept responsibility for bad motors.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I leased my 2014 Sportage and within a year my car needed a new engine with less than 20,000 miles on it. Then my gas tank meter went and then my Catalytic Converter went-remember this is a brand new vehicle with little to no miles on it. Of course everything was covered under warranty except each time they would find something that wasn't covered to get you to pay for something... Also, they took 2 payments out of my account and refused to refund me for one of them! Customer service is awful, they barely speak English and do not work with you. All they do is lie and when confronted they claim there is nothing they can do. Total BS! I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANOTHER KIA-even with my lease up in May 2018 and I MOST DEFINITELY WOULD NEVER REFER SOMEONE TO KIA FOR ANYTHING!!! This company should be ashamed of their product and employees!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I had to take my KIA Sportage 2017 for oil change after hitting 5,000 miles as is always recommended. On the said day of service, the service tech recommended tire rotation as my car was hitting 20,000 miles which seemed reasonable to me. After the service was rendered and my car was pulled out to the sally port, I drove home but as I was sitting in my car, I decided to check my tire pressure just to make they had right psi. Apparently, I was amazed because my tire pressure were the same before the service and after the service which made me conclude that even the tire rotation was not done.

The worst case scenario was when I was driving from work from night shift and the temp had plummeted so bad, the roads were icy and the caution and tire pressure light came up and all my tires were blinking yellow because the tire pressure had fallen to a dangerously 25 psi. It was a miracle I made it home safe because the road conditions were terrible with zero traction. This left me wondering, how could it be possible that a new 2017 KIA Sportage could malfunction that bad within 3 days of service and yet I was charged $ 86.09 for both oil change and tire rotation. I regret everything abt KIA. As am writing, I have to get my car towed to the dealership.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

My 2017 Kia Sportage also caught on fire after I drove twenty miles after an oil change at the dealership. Kia or Kia dealership will take no responsibility for this! Apparently the wonderful warranty they give you does not cover a car with 14000 miles on it, 2017, I guess you take your chances of it not catching on fire because they give you nothing!!!! Also never had a problem with it and only had it serviced at the Kia dealership!!!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I bought a 1-year used 2011 Kia Sportage specifically because it had the 7 year bumper to bumper and 10 year powertrain warranty. The sales person at Stamford Kia knew I was impressed by the warranty but neglected to mention that the great warranty was NOT transferable. The dealership also refused to certify the car saying it cost too much. Their car never drove well and it was noisy. But I was operating under the assumption I was covered if anything major happened. Well, after 6 years and 87,000 miles the engine blew due to a piston. The car is not under warranty and the recalls for the 2011 Sportage do not include my vehicle. I've been the proud owner of a Honda, Toyota, Subaru and Lexus. Many of the cars lasting 13+ years and 160,000+ miles. NEVER have I had an engine die after 6 years! I would not recommend a Kia after my sudden loss of a car.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This is my 2nd Kia. The first went 10 years without a single repair (I did the routine maintenance). I decided to downsize and purchased the Sportage. It is a pleasure to drive, rates excellent in crash tests & is fuel efficient. These are well built & fairly priced vehicles.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

So I bought a used 2015 Kia Sportage in June 2017, with 41,000 miles on it. Fast forward to nine weeks (August 23) and 2,800 miles later. I was driving on the freeway at night when the check engine light came on followed by all the service lights, then I suddenly began to lose power. Luckily, I was in the slow lane and coming to an off ramp. I was able to get the car to the off ramp signal when it quit altogether. Long story short, I called the dealership I bought the car from who told me to tow the car to Kia service dept. since it was still under the factory warranty.

After Kia looked at the car, they asked for all the service records or else it might not be covered. Of course, buying the car used, I did not have any service records to give them. They ran a diagnostic and told me it needed a new engine and because there was sludge in the engine, the warrant wouldn't cover the repairs. To make matters worse, they quoted me a price of $13,000 plus tax to replace the engine. $13,000! That's more than I bought the car for. According to Kia service dept, the reason for the high quote is because Kia stopped making long block engines so they would need build it from a short block engine. Really, Kia?

You already come up with ways to back out of honoring the factory warranty but then charge consumers $8,000 extra because you decided to stop making engines for the 2015 model? It's a totally insane price. It's a Kia for goodness sake, not a Mercedes. Fortunately, I had an out through the dealership I bought the car from. Since it broke down within 3 months/3,000 miles of the purchase, they took the car back - confirmed the engine was shot, and told me I could have a used engine put in it or they will roll back the purchase. I am definitely going with the rollback. Which makes me sad because I always wanted a Kia Sportage and was very happy when I bought one. This experience has made me feel that Kia does not stand behind their cars, and I will probably never purchase a car from them again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I leased a brand new Kia Sportage 2017 in September of 2016 from a Kia dealership where I live. At first I was thrilled to have a brand new car and loved everything about it. Had my first issue back in September right after I got it. Took it in for service about 2 weeks after for an alignment because my car steering was pulling to the left. They told me there was damage under the car where it looks like I wrecked. I know for a fact I did not wreck or hit anything to need an alignment. I know that I purchased it like that. I was just too naive at the time to think anything was wrong with it so I paid the 100 bucks for the alignment and that was that.

June of this year 2017 I noticed some changes in the way my car was driving. When I would go to accelerate to any speed it seemed my car wasn't shifting properly. It was making a very loud noise when trying to shift and my rpms would just bounce around back and forth not making it into the right gears. Getting ready to take it on vacation for the first time I took it into my dealership, explained to them the noise it was making and what I felt while driving. I left it to them to fix it. They called me maybe an hour after I dropped it off and told me it was fine and I could pick it back up.

Next day I go down there, take my car off the lot and immediately can tell it was doing the same thing I brought it in for so I called and asked them what they had done. One service tech told me it was test driven and they heard nothing wrong. The other service tech told me it wasn't test driven and all they did was run a few diagnostic tests and it all checked out. I told the technician I wanted him to hear what I was talking about so I had driven it while he sat passenger to show him what I was experiencing while driving and he told me that the loud noise was just my car "breaking in" and because it was only a 4 cylinder that's what it sounds like.

Meanwhile my car had only about 5000 miles on it at this point and I know plenty of other people with 4 cylinder vehicles that don't make the same noise my car was making but I said fine. You know he assured me it was fine and that was that. I took it on vacation (a 6-hour trip from Pittsburgh to New Jersey). The whole way up my car made the ridiculously loud noise. I directed my husband who was driving to just be careful. On the way back from vacation it did the same. Was just loud and jumping gears and struggling to get to highway speeds. 3 hours into the trip back we break down, car engine is smoking, car overheats, car loses power. Luckily we made it to the side of the road.

So this is the first time this has ever happened to me so I use my UVO system that Kia wants to claim is so efficient. Talk to the first representative. They let me know that my tow will be covered to the closest Kia dealership and they dispatched them and they will be arriving within 78 minutes. So we wait... about an hour goes by and I receive a call from the tow company Kia linked me with and he tells me that he can't find us. So let me see. My car has GPS. Kia gave them my location. I told them what road I'm on, what road I'm looking at, what mile marker I'm sitting at and I even texted the man and dropped him my location from my iPhone. He tells me he needs to wait and hear from his boss to find out what to do. So I call roadside assistance again and they tell me it's gonna be another 78 minutes and they contacted another tow for me. So at this point I have to wait over 2 hours for a tow.

I then receive a call from the other tow company coming for me and they ask how many passengers I have because they can't take more than 1 person. I am traveling with my 5 year old and my husband so what did they expect me to do. Leave them on the side of the turnpike while I wait? I mean what kind of emergency assistance is this??? We are now waiting in the heat in an unsafe spot for over two hours and you're telling me now that you don't take passengers? So I call back AGAIN to my uvo roadside assistance, talk to another person and they apologize and tell me now I'm in danger, me and my family so they are going to now dispatch the authorities to come get us which I ask how much is that going to cost me and they claim nothing. Well after being on the side of the road for 3 hours a tow finally comes and picks us up which I paid 120 dollars out of pocket for since they were called by police.

We get towed to Harrisburg Kia dealership, have to then call an Uber to get to the airport to rent a car and get home from there. Cost me over 300 dollars to get myself and my family home. This all happened on a Saturday when the dealership would be closed until Monday. I called Kia roadside assistance and filed a complaint for having to wait so long to get a tow. I also had to get in contact with Kia customer affairs to get my money reimbursed due to their trip interruption policy and now have a case manager for that. I called Harrisburg Kia and come to find my car needed a new starter and my whole engine blew. A brand new car with 6000 miles on it that I lease. Now I am out of a car for at least two weeks they say and I have been getting the run around from every Kia customer assistance representative I talk to.

Both dealerships have yet to do ANYTHING for me as in it's been a week and I haven't even gotten a rental car yet so I'm missing work. I haven't been compensated for my time lost, money or anything and NOBODY can tell me how or why this happened to my car. Can't get a call back from my case manager or the sales manager at turner Kia Harrisburg. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever been dealt not to mention the time and stress I have dealt with in the past week and the money I have lost since I have no vehicle to get to work.

If anybody has any advice please contact me. I have called Attorney General’s Office, Lemon Law, both Kia dealerships I'm dealing with, roadside assistance, and Consumer Affairs. No issues resolved as of now besides a new engine they supposedly ordered is covered under my warranty. I want out of this contract with Kia. I don't feel safe in the vehicle they sold me. I don't want to make my 325 dollar car payment for this month considering I won't have a vehicle probably all month.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I own a 2012 Kia Sportage. Engine seized one morning on a busy highway on the way to drop off kids ages 3 and 4 to preschool. Had car initially towed to a mechanic that said that there were metal shavings in the engine and that it would need to be replaced. Since I paid for the extended warranty, I had the car towed to Kia's service center. I couldn't show proof of regular oil changes, so they said they couldn't honor the warranty which cost 3k extra at time of purchase.

Fast forward several months, we hear that Kia is recalling our model/year, so we wait patiently expecting a recall notice in mail. Didn't receive any so I call Kia about it. They tell me that the recall was only for a GDI engine and not the DOHC engine that our car has. Same exact problem that everyone else is having with the worn connecting rod bearing but they claim that my model was made at a different manufacturing plant. Then why am I experiencing the same problem? All this BS is making me sick. I'll never buy a Kia again and will tell everyone I know the terrible experience we've had.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Kia misstated the actual mileage on our Sportage and other models. They admitted the mistake and promised to pay for that. However, to date, after 3 years, we only receive excuses of ongoing litigation. The car gets terrible mileage for a manual 6 speed only getting about 20 in the city and 25 on the road. Tires have been a constant problem and even buying them at the dealer for top price (since according to them only theirs work correctly) the uncomfortable ride and loud road noise persists. The dealer, LaFontaine Kia in Dearborn, MI offers no solutions. Only hands me a 800 number with a recording. I had to insist that the salesman stop calling me to buy another Kia from him as the car reached 4 years old. We have paid a lot more for gas and would have not purchased this car if Kia was honest about the mileage. If anyone has any solutions I'd love to hear them. Thank you.

Original review: June 1, 2017

On May 2016 I bought my first new car, a Kia Sportage 2017 SX-Turbo. I was excited with all the features, the power and the looks of the vehicle. However, after the first 5,000km that I put on that car, the spark plug broke inside of the engine, damaging all the pistons. After that, it was deemed necessary to have an engine replacement done, which took about three weeks. After a lot of persistence and calling the dealer/Kia Canada to get updates (because they won't call you) I get my car back. When asking for some sort of compensation, they gave me none.

Just to put this into perspective, this car is $50,000 after taxes, the engine + service costs around $16,000. Kia has a strict policy when it comes to replacement, as they do not replace, they only repair. After frustrating conversations with them, I was finally convinced that I just had a bad apple and that I should move on. However, 25,000km later the same exact issue happens. Not only did I need a new engine, but I got the same quality of service. Unresponsive, not caring, and feeling like I was worth nothing to them.

Another $16,000 was put towards my engine, and another three weeks of patiently waiting. When asking for compensation once again they offered me $500. However, I counter offered for a set of tires and rims that I needed due to the commute I have. No surprise to me, I got denied. Then I went to speak to the manager, and she was very adamant that she was doing more than I should have gotten. And when I asked her: "Do you think this resolution is fair, due to the circumstances I was in?" she simply threatened me by saying: "I can always go back on to our policy and not give you anything."

The customer service representative I spoke to at Kia Canada was named Joseph. He can, with no shadow of a doubt, vouch that I have only been patient, understanding and I have compromised where I had to compromise. However, when you would expect a company to go out of their way to make you feel good about your purchase, they did the complete opposite. Not only will I never buy a Kia, I will never step in their dealership, and will never recommend. The "best" part of it all is that I not only am basically leaving empty handed out of all this, but I also lost money on my car. Because people will not value my car as much as they would anymore due to the engine having to be replaced twice already.

Kia simply does not care about its customers. It does not care about the quality of their service, and at the end of the day, they do not care if you are not pleased with their service. When matters of business, they are following all the rules that are given to them, because their rules state to not offer anything (LOL). In matters of morality, and maintaining a healthy business to customer relationship, there is zero effort. And if they tell you they do put in an effort, it is a negative effort to make you not enjoy the experience at all.

Bottom line is this: I had two engine replacements done to my car, amounting to $32,000. I stayed without my car for six weeks. I pay around $298 Bi weekly. The logical thing to do is at least give me around $900 which would be the amount I stayed without my vehicle. However, to Kia, not only did they offer only about half of what was logical, they also lost a customer, and potential many others as well. The best thing is that when you complain about the dealership, they say that the dealers are privately owned, but when you complain to the dealers they ask you to contact Kia Canada.

Just do not buy a Kia. Just do not do it. Because if you face a similar problem, you will not be treated well. And if even after this you still want to buy a Kia, I hope you do not get put through this experience. I have about 3-4hrs of call recording with Kia from just this past incident of me just trying to reason with them and me not getting the quality of service you would expect after getting a major issue.

I will leave you with an analogy to close up my thoughts. Imagine you buy your first house, you chose everything and it is your dream home. However, after the first few weeks you have no more electricity in the house. You call the building company and they come and fix it, but you have to move out of the house for a couple weeks because they have to break a few walls and rewire a few things. Not only do they fix everything, but they also give you credit on your mortgage equivalent to the amount that of the seriousness to the problem you had. Now imagine that happened a second time. Of course you would be frustrated about the problem repeating. However, because you know they handled the problem, the first time, properly, you do not worry. Kia does the opposite of this.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I bought a 2013 Kia Sportage brand new. I had no problems until this past Sunday. While I was driving I heard a clicking sound, then after that was jerk and then the whole car just shut down. I couldn't push the gas. The dash was light but the car would not start. Waited 3 hrs for a tow. They towed to the nearest Kia dealer. Finally after sitting there after the holiday, they call me to tell me that they need all of my oil change receipts. Which I have to hunt for them because I don't keep receipts like that. He never told me what was wrong with my car. He said he wouldn't be able to look at it until tomorrow afternoon. I know he has looked at it. I just read all of these stories. If I can't provide all of the receipts will they still cover whatever is wrong with my car?

Original review: May 17, 2017

I purchased a 2017 Kia Sportage from Union County Kia in July 2016. This was my third Kia purchase and last. My air conditioner has not worked in over two months. I have taken it to two different Kia dealerships and contacted Kia customer service several times. My case is suppose to be in expedited status but I get very little response from customer service. All contact with them has been initiated by me sometimes with no response. Each time my vehicle is repaired it only lasts for a couple of days. After the time and number of calls I should not have to call them but today I was told by customer service that someone would contact me in a couple of days. Therefore I went ahead and contacted the dealership again myself. It is very frustrating to have a new vehicle that does not operate properly and yet I'm still forced to pay for it and drive it back and forth to dealerships to try to get this repaired. Kia has no customer service

Original review: April 30, 2017

I am seeking information from owners past and present of 2010 Souls in regards to pain and suffering in the lower back and legs. I currently own a 2010 KIA Soul. Around 2 years after purchase I started developing issues with my lower back and legs, pain, numbness on long drives of 2 hours or more. I researched everything in my life in the way of activities, job duty changes, etc. The only major change was my trading in of a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer for the KIA.

I wouldn't normally attribute back issues like this to a car seat until I talked with my daughter who at the same time owned an identical 2010 KIA Soul. Without prefacing my question I asked if she had experienced any back issues driving her Soul. She replied not really unless she drove more than 4 hours then she experienced pain and numbness in her lower back and legs. She has since traded up to a Sportage and her issues have subsided. Are there any recalls out on driver seats? Is there reason to pursue legal action?

Kia Sportage Company Information