Kia Sportage

Kia Sportage Reviews

About Kia Sportage

The Kia Sportage is a compact SUV that's available in three different trim levels. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Kia Sportage Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Sportage?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Sportage?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2024

I bought a 2023 Kia Sportage and my transmission was done in 2 years, I take it back and the brain was me in selling me a car and did not take the one I have. So now I'm in death, don't know what to do, Daytona Beach it was.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

Do not buy a Kia Sportage!!!! Oil consumption issue. I have a 2018 kia sportage- only 117 000 kms. Kia is horrible to deal with and blamed the oil consumption on me because I changed my oil every 5000-7000km. They said it had to be very 5k km.... I haven't never heard of there to be an exact number for oil changes. I still went more than 4 times a year. Another issue! Is a misfire. Just spent $3700 in repairs for a brand new valve!! Just please don't ever buy a kia. Or deal with kia sherwood park alberta. Robbery!!!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

The new car registration department first let me leave with a new tag and everything then I was called because they gave me a wrong plate number???? So, I went in and now it's been months and I haven't received the registration. Calling Kia customer service is horrible also. Stay away from Kia.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2023

Bought a brand-new 2023 Kia SPORTAGE. My Sportage broke after 7 months. The car is covered under warranty, but my car has been at the dealer for over 16 days and the parts have not even been ordered yet. They gave me a tiny car that my mother and brother can not even fit into. I asked to have my payment waived until the Sportage was fixed, but they told me they could not do anything.

After explaining that they did not give me a comparable rental car they sent me to another member of customer service who told me they could not do anything. I spent two hours on the phone today and nothing was resolved. They keep telling me they don't know how long it will be until my Sportage is fixed. In the meantime, I am trying to move four hours away and am waiting on my Sportage to move my last items. I’m hopping that the Sportage will be ready before my lease ends, or I will need to spend more money out of pocket to rent a moving van. They keep blowing me off when I ask to be reimbursed for the tow truck. Be careful before considering a Kia. Their cars don’t seem to be built to last.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I purchased 2 identical 2023 Kia Sportage. Contacted KIA consumer affairs for 2 warranty claims. You are treated like a piece of nothing and it takes them 6 weeks to get back to you. In the meantime, you are without a car. It is disgusting that they can get away with it. So after 3 weeks they finally fixed claim one and installed the parts incorrectly causing another $6000.00 in damages of which they will not pay. Sticking me with the bill. STAY as far away from this company as you can.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

Don't purchase a KIA. 2017 Sx Sportage with 70k miles and the engine just went on it. Kia did approve the warranty because I had all paperwork and recalls but 6 month wait. No loaner and they don't fully cover the rental. They are horrible! Thousands waiting for new engines and thousands not getting approved. This is not normal! Insurances denying KIAs and some parking lots won't let you park there. Don't buy a KIA. Heed my warning.

Staff

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2023

My 2015 Kia Sportage ex only had 46000 miles on it when the engine catastrophically failed. The service techs at Campbel Kia in Missoula Montana decided it would be fun to have the service manager stand In front of my car and rev the flooded engine and get oil and radiator fluid all over him while" diagnosing my car". And Kia corporate wouldn't honor the powertrain 100,000 warranty. I am waiting for Kia to have another recall and or join a joint lawsuit as I see the trouble EVERYONE is having with Kia. I will never buy another Kia ever and if I can save anyone from this total failure. Heed my words. DO NOT BUY KIA.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

I spoke with the dealership about the paint peeling off my car and also googled Kia paint issues and found several complaints have been made regarding the Pearl White Paint. The dealership suggested I voice my opinion here. I've owned 2 Kia Sorentos and have loved them. They are very nice-looking cars until the paint starts coming off. I was told at the dealership it's not just Kia's. The problem is with the Pearl White Paint. I understand it's not a safety issue but it's an eye sore to pay for the top-of-the-line limited edition which I constantly get asked about and now people just point at the peeling paint. I'm afraid to wash it!!! I love my car I just wish I could love how it looks!!!

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2022

I purchased a 2017 Kia Sportage which began to give me engine issues 2 years ago. I am out tons of money in repair bills, tons of time in phone calls, missed work and a lot of stress. This vehicle qualifies for engine replacement under a class action lawsuit but no one will help you. Everyone from the dealership to Kia Consumer Affairs gives you the same speech. My SUV’s oil consumption is ridiculous and has led to multiple engine issues but until your rod bearings don’t pass their test they will do nothing. Even though my rod bearings are clearly failing and causing issue after issue it somehow is my obligation to cover the expense of these repairs. It’s absolutely absurd!

I’ve had multiple software updates, denied oil consumption tests unless I want to pay $600 out of pocket, absolutely no resolution is offered because my rod bearings have not failed. Check engine light came on 10/5/22 for the 4th time in 2 years, went straight to the dealership and was told I needed an engine soak and spark plugs due to oil combustion. A repair bill of close to $1,000. The very next day I get a call and I am told I need an engine due to cylinder 3 misfiring and that’s not covered under the lawsuit! Excuse me?!? I am at the end of my rope with Kia and their terrible customer service.

Price

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

Projector headlights have only a 5ft distance. No reflective surface in housing, very dangerous. Replacements are very expensive with no assurance that they're any better. Need to issue a recall and replace at little or no cost for new and used vehicles.

Kia Sportage Company Information