1.4/5 (38 ratings)
Get Pricing  on Carvana

About Kia

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: June 16, 2022

I brought my 2022 K5 with only 25 miles on it in November and had to take it back to the dealership in December where they had my car for over 30 days. For an airbag light issue. Took it back in March to have the window lock replaced. Now 3 weeks ago I had to take it back for the same airbag light issue. Now they are telling me after having it for 3 weeks a mouse chewed the wiring and I have to pay for this. I do not have a mouse issue at my mouse and why did it take this long to find this issue how do I know this didn’t happen at the dealership. This is a mess. This is my 2nd Kia. My optimum was a nightmare as well. I am going to get rid of this car as soon as I can and I don’t ever want to deal with Kia and their service center ever again! And I will make sure I write this review every chance I get on every social media platform!

Original review: June 7, 2022

My husband and I purchased a Kia Soul a couple of years ago. The catalytic converter went and it wasn’t covered under warranty. Paid over 2000 to get it fixed at Kia. Less than a year later, it went again. We didn’t want to bring it back to the dealer because this shouldn’t have happened again…Because we bought it somewhere else, they wouldn’t pay for it…. 2,000 again. Now my husband has problems with it again. One of the cylinders is bad. Contacted Kia and they will not do anything about it. We are still trying to see if they will “good Samaritan“ it, but, it’s terrible that they will not stand by their product. Definitely not buying a Kia again.

Original review: May 29, 2022

Letter from Kia Corporate Headquarters dated April 13th 2022: re: my 2017 Kia Sedona. "...Kia is extending the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage for repairs that may be necessary to address an Oil Pressure Switch leak in 2015-2018...This warranty extension is to address the Oil Pressure Switch leaking condition at no cost to you during this extended warranty period."

"...if you notice oil leaking from the engine or if the Engine Oil Pressure Warning Light stays illuminated after the engine is turned off...drive carefully to a safe location and stop your vehicle...check oil level ...add oil as required and take your vehicle to an authorized Kia dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Your authorized Kia dealership will diagnose the cause at no cost to you during the extended warranty period." "...should the cause...be determined to originate from the Oil Pressure Switch, your authorized Kia dealership will replace the oil pressure switch AT NO COST TO YOU UNDER THIS WARRANTY EXTENSION" (Kia had the type in bold font)

Now the stupid part. When you contact a dealer they can't help you. I talked to three Kia dealers in my region and none could repair the switch without charging me their exorbitant repair fees and I would have to ask Kia for reimbursement. They say they have not been told by Kia the procedure for fixing it. One dealer had a vehicle in the service dept that he was waiting on a zone rep to return calls and advise as to what to do. Plus it can take weeks to get an appointment because of all the Kia recalls, etc.

WHY DID KIA SEND THE LETTER? What they are doing is setting you up to pay the big dealer repair fee until they get off their rear ends and actually provide service to the customer. To top it off, I have a broken power sliding door and several other recall, tsb issues that the dealer says I'll have to wait 2-3 mos. for an appointment to get fixed. As a practical matter, I'm getting a local mechanic to fix it and apply for reimbursement instead of oil leaking on my garage and driveway. I was thinking about another vehicle but I'm stuck with this one until the outrageous vehicle prices come down...and NO, I won't be buying a Kia.

Original review: May 25, 2022

This is a good car until you have problems. If you are within Warranty all is good. Kia is replacing my transmission at 99,600 miles (no charge). Kia is also replacing my Steering Column; this will be my 3rd steering column, first one was replaced at 7,500 miles (under warranty), next one being the 3rd steering column is being replaced at 99,600 miles at the same time my transmission is being replaced. Long story being short is, why should any car require 3 steering columns in its lifetime. I've never replaced a steering column in a car my entire life. This is obviously a DEFECTIVE part and Kia will not stand behind it. Kia Consumer Affairs promised to have this latest steering Column evaluated for 'Goodwill Warranty Assistance'. That is a big joke. It will cost me $1,700 for the Steering Column since they denied the 'Goodwill Warranty Assistance' based on the 60k warranty. WHAT, 3 STEERING COLUMNS?

Kia said it was also based on 'DEALER LOYALTY' and that I didn't keep bringing my car to the Kia Dealer where I bought it. WHAT???? I was told by Kia Consumer Affairs to take it to another Kia Dealership because the place I bought it couldn't find the cars problems to fix. I bought 3 cars (SOUL, FORTE, OPTIMA) from the same Kia Dealer. 1 of the purchases was due to the Kia Dealership 'crashing my car (FORTE), so I had go buy a new one (OPTIMA). YES, The Kia Dealership driver crashed my car. What a load of garbage about Loyalty. I serviced the 2015 Optima 100% at the Dealership.

Kia Consumer Affairs was impossible to work with, Don't bother with them. Rude, obnoxious, heartless, ignorant, thoughtless, read from the book, repetitive, won't give you a chance to speak, promises to follow-up but never does either one, makes up lies about calling the repairing Kia Dealer service department, more and more and more. Good Luck to anyone who buys a Kia. I certainly WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER, EVER!!!

Original review: May 1, 2022

2019 Kia Sorento EX v6. 3 years old w/ 35K miles.

Tires - I already need new tires.
Alignment - Needed <10k miles,
Leather Seats - Thin & Peeling.
Warning icons - Something wrong with electrical warning icons randomly appear then disappear.

Splash Shield - Was told I needed a $450 splash shield (rip off). Why was the car not manufactured with one?

I foresee major problems and want to get rid of my car. Prior to my Kia purchase, I had a used Honda for 5 years with 140k miles, I never had major issues. My next purchase will be Honda or Toyota.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I have owned my Kia Telluride for about 7 months and in those months I have had to bring the car to the dealer 3 separate times for a vibration problem. For each time car was in service for a few weeks. First was told I needed tires balanced and they balanced. 2nd time was told I needed a new driveshaft and they replaced. 3rd time wad told I needed a new awd coupler and it was replaced. I am a disabled father of 3 kids and cannot go back and forth to the dealer all the time when they tell me I can't have a rental car or loaner and then strand me at the dealer 14 miles away from my house. There has to be a better way to help people cause it seems that kia consumer affairs is not even helping.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Went to Kia help. They would call me to help with my car, so they charged me $26 dollars for a phone call I never got. They said they were unavailable for call but took the money anyway. KIA MAJOR TIME SCAM ARTIST, THAT ALL THEY ARE

Original review: March 19, 2022

I’ve bought three Kia cars. I love the design and price but I’m done with Kia. Two of the cars have had engine problems. One the rod went through the engine (Kia Soul). They replaced it with no problem, gave me a rental car and everything went smoothly. This second one has been painful (Kia Sorento). After months and multiple trips to the dealer because a light was on but they couldn’t find any issue, the car finally stopped working in the middle of rural GA. Because of the pandemic, while they fixed the engine, I had to rent a rental car. Of course it took months, I understand parts etc are issues at this point.

But in the almost three months since I’ve had the car back and I’ve had to take the car in for that same light twice with fixes that I’ve had to pay for, I haven’t received my rental reimbursement after submitting the request almost three months ago but they’ve said I went over their daily cap for reimbursement despite the fact I had the lowest tier rental and used a discount code. Note, nowhere in the paperwork or multiple conversations with the dealer and corporate did they say there was a daily cap. And they’re not responding to requests for an update. I’m going to look for a new SUV this weekend. I’m done with Kia!

Original review: March 15, 2022

I purchased new First Edition Kia EV6. The first editions came with a free home charger. Unfortunately, it was not with car when I drove it off the lot and the dealership had no clue on how to get it or even what the process was. I have contacted Kia corporate twice with no help and even contacted the company that is supposed to ship it with no help. No one at the dealership or at Kia has any definitive info on this program. Buyers of the EV 6 are left with being able to charge their cars at home. It’s an egregious process and someone at Kia needs to step up and give customers valid information.

Original review: March 9, 2022

We bought a Kia Sorento and financed through Kia.... HUGE MISTAKE! This company is absolutely horrible to work with... We traded our Kia for a different vehicle in February. The Kia was paid off via the new dealership... BUT Kia has called us 3 and 4 times a day trying to collect on a vehicle that we no longer own. We have spoke to several people at Kia giving them the payoff information and at the end of each call they still ask for payment.... YES... They ask for payment for a vehicle that we no longer own. There is a time lapse on Kia from payoff to their collection department. These people are awful to work with. For a month they call us numerous times a day....even after giving them proof of payoff! Our Kia was a good vehicle.... Just do not finance through Kia financial. I won't ever buy another Kia just for that reason! Horrible, Horrible Customer Service!!!!

Original review: March 5, 2022

I bought a 2019 Kia Sorento with only 35,000 miles on it. The car broke down after less than 2 months of use. It has been towed to the dealer and been sitting in their lot for over two months now. The week my car died, I also lost a family member and was unable to get to the hospital before he passed. The mechanic said they don't know what the problem is with it and they won't approve a rental until he can find the exact problem and they also will not approve a reimbursement for the rental. I have called them several times about the fact that I am making a car payment for a new car and additional fees for rental with no end in sight. I bought a new car specifically so I would not have these types of problems. This situation is completely unacceptable and I will never ever buy another Kia as long as I live. I honestly don't think the company even cares which is all the more frustrating.

Original review: March 3, 2022

KIA makes a good car, but your experience with them as a company will be TERRIBLE. KIA delayed (by several months) applying the payoff amount to my old Sorento I sold to them, after I purchased a new one. This ruined my credit because KIA falsely claimed I did not turn in the car and never paid the last payment. This was all lies that they sent to the credit reporting agency. Customer service only transferred me to collections -on a car KIA purchased from me months ago. No one cared to listen or help. I resorted to a consumer lawyer and will hopefully get this resolved. After I involved a lawyer, I started getting letters from KIA in the mail stating I owed money from leased KIAs I had years and years ago. I will never buy from KIA ever again. They will take your money and keep taking, and when they do not apply it to your account, they turn you in to collections.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I have owned 3 Kias in the last 10 years (2 Optimas and a Forte) and I will never purchase again. Each one is worst than the last. Very cheaply made, and the "warranty" is a joke. Roadside assistance use to be better, but in the last 3 years has rapidly declined (again, if these cars were better made you wouldn't really need roadside assistance on a new vehicle.) The last time I called, I needed a battery jump (this car is only 2 years old by the way) and they told me they were unable to find anyone to come out. But I could pay $245 and possibly be reimbursed. What?! I live in a major city in Florida and they couldn't find one person to jump my battery??? Thank God I was at home, otherwise I could have been stranded on a highway somewhere. Believe me they couldn't care less. Save yourself the frustration, buy another brand -ANY other brand, and if you are stuck with a Kia, get AAA. For $106/year it's worth not dealing with these people.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

This review is specific to Kia's roadside service. I've been very happy with my Kia vehicle. When I found myself needing a tow on a weekend night, Triple A phone wait times were 30+ minutes, but Kia's roadside service responded right away. Apparently my policy had expired, but I said that I was willing to pay so that we could expedite this process and get me to a shop before it closed. At this time it was a bit before 7pm and the service center closed at 9pm, so I figured this wouldn't be a problem. Oh, how young and naive I was.

First of all, after I hung up the phone with the representative, it took over an hour for some reason just for the Kia dispatch service to connect me with a towing service. I contacted an agent twice through the online chat system during this time and was both times given some generic message about how "they're working as fast as they can" and "your service is very important to us." I'd like to add that I'm in a major city, so it's not like there's a shortage of tow companies around. THEN when they finally assigned me a tow company, I was told that my ETA for the tow truck to arrive was 45-60 minutes.

Well, wouldn't you know it -- an hour goes by, and still no tow truck. This time I reach out to the tow truck company directly. He tells me that the driver "got tied up" with other tows but is now -- only just now! -- on his way over to me. Another hour goes by. Still no tow truck. Seattle's big, but not that big. At this point the Kia service center is very, very closed.

It takes another half hour just for the tow truck to arrive. During this time, Kia roadside assistance checks in a couple times -- once through a phone representative, and twice by text -- but each time when I tell them the tow truck still hasn't arrived, all they do is offer banal apologies and tell me my service matters.

I understand that Kia roadside assistance only had so much control over the terrible tow truck company I was assigned. However, ultimately I ended up waiting over three and a half hours just for a simple tow job -- in the dark, by myself, in a part of town I didn't know well -- and Kia did nothing to help with this aside from offer meaningless phrases. No apology discount on service at their center, no attempt to find a faster tow service, nothing. I'll just stick with triple A next time; despite the initial long wait to speak with an agent, I've never had such a ridiculous experience actually getting service from them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I purchased my 3rd Kia in Sept 2021. A 2022 Stinger GT. I found out on Friday, 12/31/21 that the transmission needs to be replaced. (Less than 8k miles). My appt was at 11am and they were closing at 4pm that day. By 3pm, when I had still not heard anything from my Service Advisor, I went back up to the dealership. The car wasn't currently being looked at or worked on, and yet no one had bothered to call and deliver the awful news. Nor did they even attempt to call the Tech Line and get authorization for a rental car. This was on a Friday, so I was without my car over the weekend. I called my Service Advisor back on Monday morning at 9:30 am (knowing he wouldn't be reaching out to me first). I was then told that the "tech line" doesn't open until 11am our time and they will have to authorize a rental car. But Hertz may not have anything available. I will NEVER purchase another Kia, that is for sure.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I was introduced to the Kia brand from a friend of mine. She had owned several Kia’s and absolutely loved them. I was very pleased with my Kia Sedona and used it to haul my children around for quite some time. In 2019 my husband wanted to get me something a little smaller because the kids were getting older and we didn’t necessarily need all the room the Sedona offered all the time. He found a 2017 Kia Sorento at Kia Southside. It was in great shape, had slightly less than 30K miles on it, and it had a third-row seat. It was a beautiful car, but I didn’t really “need” it.

I was perfectly content with my Sedona and they couldn’t get the payment down to where I was comfortable. BUT, they had my keys. It was late, I was tired and I wanted to go home. I tried to get my keys back twice. The second time, they were laying on the counter and they stopped me from grabbing them and suddenly all the numbers worked out. That should have been my first red flag! My husband bought the car and we were happy. Until we weren’t…

It is now December 2021 and my car is in the shop. I got an error light and took it to my trusted mechanic. He told me that something in my engine has broken loose and blown a hole in the valve cover. He advised me to have it towed to Kia because “Kia owes you something” and that he’s “never seen anything like it” with less than 60K miles on an engine. My car wasn’t due for service again for another 900 miles.

I had the car towed to Kia Southside. My service manager advised me that I did have an extended service package/warranty for 100K miles/10 years. He said that they would diagnose it and then have a Fidelity inspector come out to see if it would be covered. He later told me that I had a 50/50 chance because my engine had sludge in it and “they don’t like sludge”. He told me to prepare to show them my service records. Fidelity did deny my claim so my service rep gave me the phone number to call them.

I spoke with Fidelity and they said I was denied due to sludge. They were not interested in my records or situation at all. To clarify the situation, I said to the Fidelity rep, “So what you’re saying is service records, or no service records, it doesn’t matter. If there is sludge in the engine, you don’t cover it”. He said that my statement was correct. I asked him how they would know how the sludge got there, as I am the second owner. He said that there is no way to tell if there is sludge unless someone was to take the engine apart. He agreed that the sludge could have been in the engine before I even owned the car. It appears to me that “sludge in the engine” is a convenient catch all to not honor warranties. The Fidelity rep advised me to contact Kia Consumer Affairs.

I called Kia Consumer Affairs, explained my situation, and basically the representative told me to call Fidelity. I told him that Fidelity told me to call Kia. He advised me that my 5 year/60K Kia warranty was up and I should pay for the repairs myself. He seemed thoroughly annoyed by my request to speak to a supervisor, but finally said, “They’re just going to tell you the same thing!” and put me on hold. I waited for a bit and then found myself dumped into a supervisor’s voicemail. I did receive a call back from Kia Consumer Affairs. He left me a 32 second voicemail stating that his associate was correct and my warranty was up.

So here I sit, with a 2017 Kia Sorento with less than 60K miles on it, with a blown engine and a car payment. I’ve basically used it to tote children back and forth. I don’t drive it hard and I really haven’t put that many miles on it. I don’t hate Kia cars. Simply put, I think I have a defect. I’m asking that Fidelity and Kia do the right thing, fix my car or give me a comparable one at no cost.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I purchased a 2014 Kia Sorrento brand new. After the warranty expired around 130,000 miles, my engine blew a rod and destroyed my engine to a point where it needed a new engine. I just had $8,000 in repairs on the engine done 4 months prior to this happening. The dealership (Cronin Kia, Harrison, Ohio) said it wasn't related to the work that was done 4 months prior. HIGHLY suspect of that. I called Kia Consumer Affairs and put in my complaint and made a claim. They said it would take 24-48 hours to get an answer to see if Kia will put in a "Good Will" towards replacing my engine. After calling them every other day to get an answer, THREE weeks later they said there is nothing that they will do for. WORST car ever! Worst experience EVER! I will never buy a Kia EVER AGAIN! And I'll be sure to let the thousands of people I personally know that to never but a Kia ever again!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I’m a second time ‘Kia lemon vehicle’ purchaser and I have filed a case with the Better Business Bureau. Both vehicles I purchased classify as lemon vehicles because they both came with manufacturing defects that affected my safety. I currently own a 2018 Kia Stinger that has a malfunctioning audio system and is now automatically shutting off while in drive mode. This is the 2nd Kia vehicle that has shut off on me in the middle of traffic, causing a terribly dangerous situation. I have been to the Kia Cumming, GA dealership on 3 separate occasions to address my audio system issue. To be driving a $36,000 vehicle with less than 50k miles and be frightened that my car will shut off in the middle of the highway, AND have to listen to audio system static for every 10-15 seconds FOR 8-MONTHS, is unacceptable.

I took my previous Kia vehicle to the dealership on multiple occasions, over a period of years with engine/starting issues, before the engine finally failed. Kia having known that this was an issue, and not doing the right thing to rectify it before I became stranded on the side of the road, was disheartening and should have prevented me from placing faith in the company again. The inconvenience that both vehicles has caused me in continuous Kia service appointments and phone calls, is so ridiculous.

Foolishly I remained loyal to the brand, and traded in my previous Kia vehicle for another, only to have the SAME type of concerns arise, engine/transmission issues AND now audio system issues as well. My new vehicle is a gorgeous royal blue Kia Stinger, which causes me to get frequent attention and have questions asked pertaining to the vehicle on a weekly basis. I can honestly tell you that my response when people ask, “How do you like the car” has absolutely changed, and my response is now “DON’T BUY A KIA”!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Would never purchase another KIA. Customer service is horrible!! I was in a car accident in July. It’s current Nov and I still have no parts available for my Kia Sorento. Finally reached out to KIA customer service. Not sensitive to “valued customers". Spoke with a representative who could care less about how long I have been waiting for parts. She did the very least to so called solve my issue, then went as far as to say, "What did I want KIA to do?". Ummm yes I know it’s a pandemic but seriously 5 months for parts. Terrible.

At least care for your customer's situation caused by a lack there of parts. O and then waited for a supervisor to call back next day and he expressed even more lack of customer service skills and showed he did not care at all. Had I known KIA could not provide parts for their cars, also had customer service as HORRIBLE as this, KIA would not have me as a customer at all! RUN far away!! KIA please train your staff that customer service goes a long way for paying "valued customers".

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I bought a Kia Sorento 2021 in March. In June we had to take because of a manufacture error code, they kept for a few days and now again I had to take it back another manufacture error code with the engine. They have it since Thursday November 18, 2021. No car replacement and when I call Kia consumer they give an attitude when you are expressing my frustration.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I have never experienced customer service this terrible in my entire life. I have been given a defective vehicle, the dealerships won't help me, Kia Corporate won't help me, and I have been try to get someone to look at my car FOR OVER A YEAR!!! This is by far the worst experience when purchasing a car and I was given a lemon. I have kept track of my 2021 Seltos mileage and I get no more than 18 mpg IN A SELTOS!!!! I have made countless attempts to contact KIA for help and they have not once given me any option or even offered to check my car. I have letter and emails and even tried going to the BBB and no one NO ONE has ever bothered to help me.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Since I have been able to drive I have always gotten a Kia. They are the most reliable cars on the market and they are the most flyers as well. They have all of the latest features and the miles per gallon is amazing. If you get you a Kia you will definitely have it for the long-haul.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

My Kia Sedona has a lot of road noise. We have changed the tires and it hasn’t helped at all. I don’t know if it come from the doors and windows leaking or from the tires or maybe something else. The Kia service center is not open to helping with problems or getting things fixed.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

My wife and I currently have a Kia Sedona ex and we have had more problems with this van than I have ever had in my 38 years. The parts to be replaced are average price but to get them put on cost so much because of the placement. In order to get to just about any part you have to take something else off or apart or have small hands in order to get around something else. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

130,000 runs like a charm. Nothing other than regular maintenance. Gas mileage hovers around 25mpg. Love the heated seats and 11 seat adjustments on both driver and passenger sides. Quiet with a feel of luxury.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Safety features with driver assistance are better than Ford in my opinion. Maintenance guides are better without seeking more profit than necessary that Ford seems to push in my opinion. Customer service personnel were more genuine & helpful than previous experience with Arrow Ford in Abilene.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Where to begin. I scheduled an appointment at my local Kia dealership to have a recall fixed that I had received a letter about. The night I went to drop my car off it started making a knocking sound in the front end. I spoke with the mechanic who told me they would not be performing the recall because they believe it was part of an engine recall. Fast forward 9 WEEKS, yes I said 9. They tell me Kia denied the recall due to previous recalls not being performed. I call customer affairs and they state that I never had a recall done in 2018 that should of been done before the engine failing...

First off I never received a letter stating a recall needed to be done in 2018 and the person who helped me even stated they had the wrong address on file. The only recall notice that said it needed to be completed was the one I took it in for. The fact that have terrible engines that is clearly known and there is a law suit over just tells you how terrible this company is. I have been without a car for 9 WEEKS! I work full time and have 3 children, no one could provide me with a loaner vehicle and now they are denying the recalled engine because of a notice I never received. I am completely disgusted with this whole situation. Kia Cooperation is shady and I will NEVER own another Kia.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

On 10/12/2021, I brought my 08 Kia Sedona EX with 181k miles in for a Oil Change at Plaza KIA, Brooklyn NY. And was returned to me with the Oil Pressure light on dashboard followed by the Check Engine light. The mechanic saw the dashboard's lights on while backing out the garage and tried to reset them, but to no avail. The Service Manager ran over claiming the mechanic done nothing wrong. Although, my vehicle didn't go in with these lights on. Kia claims no fault and blames the age of the vehicle. The Service Manager went on to state that they gave me a free diagnostic worth $129 and concluded that the Oil Sensor is the problem. And, that this repair and labor is a consumer purchase.

The Mechanic attempted to inspect and troubleshoot this issue and was stopped by the Service Manager. I found this to be appalling and upsetting that my vehicle drove in to KIA fine and came out needing repair work that I have to pay for? Took vehicle to a independent shop nearby, They did inspection and found, 1) The Oil Sensor was not the issue and think it's the Oil Pump... 2) KIA put 5W-30 Oil in instead of 10W-40 Oil for such a high mileage vehicle, stating 5W-30 is like water and best when vehicle was new... 3) That I should stop driving the vehicle immediately before the engine eats itself from low oil pressure. So, I called corporate, they claim no fault, won't take any steps or actions to resolve this issue, and asked that I no longer come to them for service. To me, this look like mechanical neglect and attempted cover up by KIA. So, So Upset. Buyer Beware!!!

Resolution response: Sept. 14, 2021

KIA step up and honored the engine replacement. They stated they were going to do this as a good will gesture. I thank them for their reconsideration and glad to see they recognize loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Updated on 03/01/2022: I will include the original story - However the important part is after having an agreed resolution back on September 13th 2021 engine replacement as a "Good Faith" warranty repair - KIA has now after receiving the engine decided not to honor that agreement made. Realize I have now been waiting for the engine to arrive for 6 months and it is now here and ready to go into my vehicle. Now after 6 months of waiting they are declining additional parts to finalize the repair. I don’t understand how they can use the same decline reason that was already overridden by the “Good Faith” decision. There were no notes in the case file.

I just don’t get it! I even agreed to pay for the extra parts however now I am told the engine block replacement is off the table. I end up with a unrepaired vehicle I am right back to where I was 6+ months ago. Imagine if I rely on this vehicle to get to work, etc. Just a side note maybe to pass on: I feel like I have a dealership (KIA) pitting me against the Consumer Care (Kia) and vice versa, one blames the other for the decisions and can’t seem to get to who “They” are.

Original Review: I have a case number (unable to validate) ** - The dealership is stating that I did not have enough evidence of maintenance to honor the warranty on this 2014 Kia Sorento with a seized engine, they state that the oil sludge - I know I took care of my vehicle. This is my 4th KIA over the past 18 years and I am very disappointed with this reply, I have been loyal and spoken well to all that I believe in the KIA brand, I guess KIA doesn't believe me however, the one time I need you guys you bail on me. I have talked to representatives at both the dealership and consumer affairs basically they each blame each other for the information used to not honor the warranty.

I know I took care of my vehicle and if anyone looks at it it shows, so telling me I ignored oil changes because I don't have a receipt give me a break. This feels wrong, this year model and factory location of vehicle has recalls for other engine sizes and I am to believe that mine just happens to not be included and yet it failed in the same way is hard to swallow. It is a shame that over a few thousands dollars that KIA is willing to give up on such a company advocate and unofficial spokesperson. This is so disappointing and I don't have a dealership to support me as I recently moved from Texas to Georgia. Getting the blame passed from deal to KIA USA and back tells me that I am just a bunch of numbers. I am not threatening just stating the way everyone that will listen will get the story of how KIA let me down.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I purchased a KIA Seltos from Orange Park, Florida. Persons listed below were OUTSTANDING and PROFESSIONAL!!! Kelton ** - General Manager, Chris "Tim" ** - sales, Jim ** - finance. Thank you ALL for your Great Service and Help.

Kia Company Information