2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

Founded in 1944, Kia Motors is South Korea's oldest car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We purchased a new 2012 Kia Sorento. The first dealer never rotated the tires, and refused to help with a defective Spring. I had the pictures of a snapped spring on the front right. Had to replace all the struts and tires. Switched dealers. At 60,000 miles, the car started to have major electrical problems. Second dealer was worse than the first, changed battery and radio unit. Kept coming up with thousands in expenses. Finally, I told them to replace the starter and the car worked again. I cannot wait to get rid of the car ASAP. Never again will I purchase a Kia since the warranty is worthless.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I loved my Kia 2013 Kia Sportage. I was a Honda and Toyota owner for years and on an impulsive buy I decide to go against my own advice and bought my 2013 Kia Sportage brand spanking new. I really didn't have a complaint about Kia until I was riding down the highway one evening and the car just lost power. After towing it away the mechanic told me that the engine was seized and it was a $7000 repair. He advised me to call Kia because this appears to be a Known issue.

After doing my own research, I discovered that there have been a number of recalls on these cars (55,000 in the united states) and a some across Canada. Well long story short....my engine number is not in the recall list along with 100's of others who have lodged investigations with Transport Canada. They have a list of these cars from 2011-2013 that were sold with a defect. Buyers Beware. Kia knows about the issue but refuses to fix it. After the agent wished me all the best.... I can never buy or endorse Kia again.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I'm not sure where to start. The customer service department does not care to help at all. I would never recommend a Kia auto to anyone! I gave them every chance to work things out, sent letters, call the BBB and Consumer Affairs, Etc... Still nothing! They just don't care. Look at their Better Business Bureau rating, or google Kia complaints to see what I mean. Don't ever buy one!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I am a loyal customer that has not missed a payment. I work in a call center and my husband in a mall both closed due to COVID. I called to put one extension on they told me to call back next month if your still not working. I call and the agent tells me, no, I AM PROBED TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS AND YOU DO NOT QUALIFY. Really, I did prior what is different he said, "Well you get unemployment." I said, "Yes I didn't lie. I told you that and FYI so did I last month." He did not care to help me at all. I told him I am a family of 6. Unemployment barely covers food let alone rent, even told him that I had to move to a smaller cheaper apt 'cause I couldn't afford mine.

Do not buy from them. IF THEY CANT HELP CUSTOMERS IN TIME OF CRISIS THEY SHOULD NOT GET ANY OF OUR BUSINESS. I have sent many people to them NEVER again and I will be sure to post in every platform I can think of to warn all. BBB, Google, Consumer Ad, and I will be informing the ATTORNEY General and I will be blasting them on shame on you, all online news pages. I will be sure everyone sees that this is not a company that cares about people but instead their pockets when they are so many grants/loans to keep their business afloat. I even told the guy how he is making bank off of customers like me. I lease so I defer my payments it extends my lease which means at the end of the term they will be hitting me with so many fees for being over miles. SHAME ON YOU.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I made an appointment a week before my appointment. I was very specific about the recall over the phone when I made my appointment. I have came in. I was very specific when I talk to the front desk why I was there over my recall, I even told them if I need to pull out the paperwork, they corresponding with me acknowledging why I was there. They have told me it will take 2 1/2 hour. After sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes I went to the front and I noticed my car has not been pulled in the back so I asked them if they can take me home like some other dealerships do.

After talking to them more about this recall they told me that the parts not there and they were trying to do something else with my vehicle that wasn’t approved. Now in February 5 they wanted to put a liner in my gas tank. I told them I did not wanted that done and that’s what they were trying to do and charge me $160 for it without my acknowledgment. Poor customer service. They don’t listen to the customers and after all this the man looked at me like I was the one confused. I would definitely not recommend this business. They honestly don’t care about their customers.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I own a 2014 Kia Sorento, and I love all the staff at the dealership where I have my car serviced however I will never purchase another Kia again. My car has just over 100K miles so I am out of my warranty. On 4/7/20 my left wheel speed sensor failed costing me $657.35. Then, (16) sixteen days later on 4/23/20 my fuel tank sensor failed, costing me $463.61. Then, on 5/6/20 my right wheel speed sensor failed cost me $513.32. In less than 30 days I spent almost $1700 on repairs. These sensors should not have failed like this. I have owned numerous cars and I have NEVER had any of these issues. Kia has a long history with these same wheel speed sensors failing specifically in the Sorentos and Sedona models. After many recalls on earlier models, now they only fail after the car reaches 100k.

Kia advises me today that there is absolutely nothing they can do to help offset the cost of their failing parts. I was advised by the young lad on the phone that parts don’t last forever and cars need to repaired at times and that’s just how it is. Kia is a total disappointment and should be ashamed in how they treat their customers. Kia has been priding itself on how they have helped out during the pandemic, however their faulty parts put their employees, customers and me at risk on 3 separate occasions.

Original review: May 1, 2020

I was furloughed in middle March, I tried to call Kia for a deferment, their answering service said high call volume and hung up. I locked my self out of my acct. I called the dealership where I bought the car, they didnt know how to get a hold of them.. This went on for a couple weeks. Then after filing for EDD got my first payment a month later, so called again. This time they answer and tell me they cant defer but one month at a time. So now I am behind, and then they added late charges to the 2 payments I owe. Ummm dont you think they should be following all other car deferments that went into effect immediately and were deferred for 3-4 months right at the beginning of this.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I purchased at 2012 Kia Rio with 96k Miles on it. I had a certified Mechanic Run the Codes on it. Nothing was coming up however this car still has engine issues. I search the internet and no one can explain why it sounds like a hammer and anvil going down the road. One foreign guy pointed out aluminum shavings in the oil pan and explained he measured the pistons to be too short and causing undue wear and tear. I even have a check engine light that goes on and off before I can check the reason why. As it turns out even back within 5 years from 2012 new buyers could not get this issue resolved with Kia Offical dealers. I'm stuck with this car. Will the engine blow? Will it damage other components? It is impossible to know. The car is old enough people are owed a solution.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Unfortunately I have had an extremely bad experience with Kia cars. I've bought 2 new Kia cars recently (64 and 67 plates) and have had nothing but trouble. The car I have at present (Picanto) had it's 30,000 mile service last week only to find out that the tyre pressure settings had been set either by the main dealers technicians or at manufacture by Kia at a dangerously low level meaning no warning signal in the inbuilt computer alighted to tell me it was being driven underinflated. The upshot of this is that both front tyres are at a dangerous level and both Kia and the main dealers, JCB Ebbsfleet, will not take responsibility for their error. I completed a complaints form with both Kia and the main dealer at JCB Ebbsfleet and after 8 days I was still not contacted in any way. I followed up today and was told it's not their problem and they have no interest in it.

They have left me with a car which is a potential death trap and have no interest in putting their errors right. BEWARE!!!! They sell you are car but after that you're on your own, after sales care is nonexistent, their complaints procedure is an absolute joke. Needless to say I will never buy another Kia and certainly not through JCB Ebbsfleet Kia dealership who have really been shown up to be very poor and extremely unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased a 2013 Kia Sorento from Drivetime in October 2018. In less than a year my car's engine seized up in August 2019, due to a recall dating back to 2014. My car was towed to kia and stayed there for a month, in that time I was not offered a rental car but had to pay out of pocket for one, A bill that exceeded $1,000 not to mention I had to continue to pay the car note on a car I didn't have. I received the car back in late September and was directed to the kia.com website to file my reimbursement claim. The claim took two months to process and yet here we are in January 2020 and I still don't have the money in which I provider full documentation for. The customer service line is the worst, they seem to have little to NO KNOWLEDGE on what's going on. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYBODY!!!

Kia Company Information