2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Kia Forte is an affordable compact sedan. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Kia Forte Reviews

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Bought our Kia used and love it. Plenty of pep and the features are great. We especially like the seamless bluetooth. We like this car so much that we look for Kias whenever we get any rentals. The seats are super comfortable for bigger peeps. Great gas mileage and trunk space.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Best deal for any car if you're budget conscious but want quality. Kia is the way to go. I did a lot of shopping. I heard a lot of negative complaints on Korean cars. So far own a year no issues at all.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I needed a car to commute 820 miles per two-week pay period. I also wanted a sedan to make it easier when my children or grandchildren rode with me on other days. This car has a feature that displays the gas mileage of the last drive whenever you turn off the key. Imagine my surprise when it consistently read 45mpg at the end of each trip. In the Summer, it has read as high as 50. In the Winter, it reads as low as 39. Its bluetooth capability sends phone calls through the radio even when the radio is off! And I can control the volume of the call (or radio) through a fingertip control on the steering wheel. This car is everything I wanted or needed in a car and more.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We are pleased with the 30+ mpg we get in city driving and the 39 mpg on the highway. Sprightly mid-size with enough trunk room for 3-4 suitcases. Back seat could go down further to allow transport of large items.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I love my 2017 Kia Forte LX!! As of this writing my Forte is about 2 years olds with 50,000 miles and counting. I average 42 mpg about 90% hwy miles. I've only done normal maintenance and a tire change. I really, truly love this car and fully intend to drive it for the next 10 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Forte?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Bought this car new less than 2 months ago. Shortly after 3000 miles the transmission stops pulling. It's with the dealer now for a replacement but I've lost confidence in the manufacturing. Don't want another KIA... ever again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Beware: Our teenage daughter bought her first new car with her own hard earned money. It’s been in the shop for 4-5 months out of approximately 18 months for transmission issues. Once this new transmission goes in, it will be the 3rd transmission in 21,000 miles! First one went at 3,000 miles. 2nd one went 18,000 miles later. We don’t feel as though this car is safe for her to drive anymore but we can’t afford to eat the $10,000 that she has invested of her own money! She made a large down payment on her 16th birthday so needless to save this makes us sick. Not to mention the unsafety of this vehicle! Both times it completely went while it was being driven to the point that she almost couldn’t make it home. It was very scary for her!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I bought a new Kia Forte 2019 two months ago. I’m barely over 2000 miles and my car starts stuttering and the RPM’s are fluctuating wildly. I take it to the dealership and they claim that’s how a CVT transmission drives. That same night, I’m doing about 70mph on the interstate. My car can not accelerate. I press the gas pedal and the RPM’s are shooting from 2000 to 4000 erratically. My car is making a grinding noise from under the engine. Its transmission failed. I’ve since seen on consumer sites that transmission failure is a common occurrence with 2019 models. I’d strongly recommend to future car shoppers to look into a different brand. This type of manufacturer error is dangerous and irresponsible of the company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I bought a 2020 Forte. I have 1000 km and the dealer have to change my transmission. Kia have a big problem with this model. The dealer will keep my car for 6 week for repair. WoW. Should have bought a Corolla.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Great car. Minor maintenance repairs but otherwise no big issues as long as well maintained and ready for road trips whenever possible. Thanks Kia for a really great car at a great price. Had car for 2 years now.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Kia Forte Company Information