Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.70/5
Based on 67 reviews that contain star ratings

Kia Forte

The Kia Forte is an affordable compact sedan. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

68 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased this car some years ago, which is paid off; and now faced with a part's recall, which been on hold for lack of available replacement and now the same style is being recall for some combustion reaction which have people running for life, and now the DMV renewal registration is due with a smog inspection attach. I need your help, as a third party communicator with this company which seem to not get the impact of the matter of vehicle safety inspection in California, and I need my car in order to make my doctor appointments timely, due to a health issue, I have been dealing with for 1 1/2 years and counting. Stress I don't need, really it can be the death of me due brain aneurysm. I don't need the phone tag, or the hang-ups, just answers a lawyer would look for deep pockets that comes with more unnecessary conflict. So if you can help, please do so.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Kia Service is the Worst. I cannot even get a call back to schedule an appointment for service, it is like the end of the world. I have taken my 2016 Forte in twice for a front end shaking issue and none of their technicians can feel it when they drive it and cannot seem to get anyone to let me take them out and show them and have left several messages with service manager and dealership manager and still cannot even get a return call!!! I will never purchase another KIA again!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I bought Kia Forte standard in June 2017. Since I bought I have got too many problems. 1 - My car consumes too much gasoline. In the city best performance 9 km/liter (suppose to be 12.4 km). Outside the city best performance 14.5 km/liter (supposed to be 16 km). I always buy full tank. I can’t fail. System of my car shows the consume of gasoline 15 % less. Chief technician says with full tank (45 L) I should drive Outside the city min 700 km. I drew max 600 km. Inside the city. Min 600 km. I drew Max 500 km. Now it is even less.

2 - Exhaust makes noise. When I stop my car metal starts to cool down and make noise. They changed the catalyser and exhaust but still the same. Kia says it is because of Manada tires like that. It is normal. 3 cruise control fails. Doesn’t work very often. 3 - Windows makes noise when I close them. They crash to the frame. Kia says this is normal. 4 - ABS fails. Sometimes tires are getting blocked. Kia says they can’t find a problem with ABS.

I went Kia service many times. Every time my car is getting worse. I am having too many ridicules explanation. I think they don’t care about me and in purpose they make car worse. I will go another service but I can’t. Because my car will be out of guarantee. This is my third Kia. I always gave advice to everyone. But now I tell every one; NEVER BUY KIA.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love Kia Forte. It has been very reliable and it fits both of my children comfortably. Also, the trunk space is very big and can fit a ton of stuff back. It is a helpful feature with two children. I like that it is automatic and that the locks and windows are automatic too. I also enjoy the Sirius radio option. But I don't like that the seats are a cream color, also that there is no heated seats. I don't like that it didn’t come with a key fob as well as I have to manually unlock the car every time I lock it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am satisfied with my KIA Forte. It's reliable, gets great mileage, and after 22,000 miles I have not yet had to have any serious work completed on it. The main features that sold me on my KIA Forte were Bluetooth capability, CD player, USB capability, the easy to use smart computer system, and low mileage. The only thing that would make the car more appealing to me would be heated seats and a remote control car starter. I also purchased a silver KIA Forte, but would prefer black.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Forte?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I love my Kia Forte, the size, the feel. I love driving it. It makes me feel young. It's a beautiful color, charcoal grey with a cute little antenna on the top. Just the right size car for me. I'd buy it again. I love the back up camera and my satellite radio. I love my oldies. It gets great gas mileage. Makes me want to go on a long trip. I could drive it for 6 straight hours just listening to my Sirius FM radio. It's not such a comfortable driving car though and I don't like the seat coverings. They look a little cheap. The seats are comfortable but stain easy. A nice heavy vinyl or even leather would be great. They would also clean better.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Kia Forte has great gas mileage, lots of space providing a comfortable traveling experience. Power windows Locks, automatic transmission. Also, great stability and traction control. I live in northern MN and winters we get a lot of snowfall and the vehicle has no problems in deep snow with only front wheel drive! Feel and rides smooth over rough roads in Minnesota winters and quiet no outside noise cab is soundproof. Great car overall. The stereo comes standard with a built in hard drive to record music off of CDs and play them with the cd safely in the case. First car I have ever owned with that option.

Hands free calling VIA Bluetooth! Power wind, slapstick shifter! The seats are very comfortable, Gas is inexpensive fill up. From empty under for around 30.00 us dollars and get an average of 450 miles to a full tank for around 25 city MPGs and 30 Highway MPGs. But some of the plastic molding inside the car has fallen off and better installment would fix that. I have gotten several flat tires on this vehicle and it did not come with a spare tire just some fix a flat and tire pump you plug into the lighter. Very slow and annoying being stuck on side of road trying to refill the flat with that crap. Stop being cheap and put a spare in the trunk.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Kia Forte drives really well and is good on gas. I liked the size, the economic gas mileage and the space for a mid-sized sedan. I also liked the color and the ease of driving it. It is easy to turn and park in small spaces. But there have been problems with the alternator, axle leaks and engine lights getting stuck on. It has cost a lot to fix over the past two years. They could have better alternator, more fuel economy, a little more leg room, and a seat that folds down completely for carrying larger items. I wish the price were better too and the trade in was worth more.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My Kia Forte is a great car. It is the favorite one I have had out of my previous three cars. It was white and looked cute. There is a recall on the taillight that was an inconvenience though. Also, I don't like the two doors. I wish the car did not have cloth seats. The crevasses are very hard to vacuum and clean out. I want more space to store things in as well. But, I like the sunroof and Bluetooth audio. The automatic steering is ideal. The radio has a CD player and a good radio FM signal. The battery is good and hasn't yet had to be replaced. The car is easy to drive and the steering wheel moves with ease. I really like the trunk space in the car. I also enjoy the sound system in the car. The car is low to the ground and is good on gas. The seats are spacious and not too crowding. I enjoy the big windows that roll down. The back windshield is large and easy to see out of. The side mirrors make it easy for the driver to view their blind spot.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Excellent deal for the price, but the KIA Forte lacks POWER. If I had to do it all over again I would probably get the Optima or another Camry the car I had before. I get a little nervous when the engine seems to stall out. The truth is that's just the way the car is made based on its engine size. Sometimes GAS MILEAGE doesn't mean everything.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Got on 95 to go home, about 1 mile in I get a blowout. Ease over cautiously to the shoulder - within minutes a Road Ranger was behind me. Once him and I conclude it was indeed a blowout and the 'fix a flat' that comes with new cars (2017 Kia Forte) will NOT fix this, I call Roadside Assistance. This was at 5:30 pm, in the heat of evening traffic in sunny South Florida. First lady says the tow driver will be there in approximately 45 mins - ok, I'm a grown lady, I can handle this. Well, the 45 minutes come and go, I call back, the second lady says there was a problem and it would be another 30 minutes.

Now note, RS sent me a text of tow company with their number, I called and went straight to voicemail. Well, that 30 mins comes and goes, call back, the young man explains that if they get another company who knows how long and he was going to reach out to them, while I'm on the phone, new eta, another 30 mins. Well, it's starting to get dark - 8 rolls around, I call back hysterical - I'm on the side of one of the busiest freeways in the US - the young lady gets another company, guess what, eta over an hour. Tow company finally showed up at 9:15! 9:15!

This review is a two way street - 1 of the 4 reps I dealt with saw the urgency - the tow company, answer the dang phone, they had my #. Discussing this with RS - this is just unacceptable. I didn't pitch a fit for a spare because they ASSURED their Roadside Assistance would be there if something happens. Well, it did and they weren't there. Then, oh yes, then - only have 13,000 miles on car - the dealership I was towed to claims I must of ran over something - the blow out was inside passenger tire, inside wall - no other damage, this mystery object didn't touch anything else under car. They wouldn't let me see the tire either. This fight isn't over.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I own a 2015 Kia Forte which I purchased new and now has about 49000 miles on the odometer. It came with a 60000 mile "bumper to bumper" warranty and a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, one of the main selling points for me. Just over a month ago the instant gas mileage display on the dash went dark. I have been to the dealer three times for repair, each time failed. They changed out the entire instrument cluster which did not help. Now the dealer is saying Kia engineers are working on a fix but the dealer has not been able to provide even a vague estimate on when or how my car can be fixed. I have contacted Kia Consumer Assistance several times for help and got none. They seem to think that the problem is so minor that I should not bother them. I am not pleased and worry that the 60000 mile warranty will expire with my car still broken. I hear rumors (on the net) that I am not alone with this problem.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I bought a 2013 Kia Optima brand new off the lot. It now has paint that is peeling to the point that I cannot even take through a car wash without losing more paint. It also has several spots where the paint is bubbling up and ready to peel (see photos). When I took the car to a Kia dealer body shop I was told that it looked like the car had been repainted and done so poorly as it looks like dirt in several spots under the paint. I have owned the car since it was new and have not been in any accidents so the car has never been repainted. That is just the quality of the paint job when it comes from the factory.

I have contacted Kia corporate (Complaint # ** and **) and got the runaround that the is out of warranty and that I am out of luck. They are missing the point. This should not be happening with a car that is 4 years old. We own a 2011 Kia Forte without this issue. Considering that Kia had a class action lawsuit for this very issue and that they still have a response of "you are out of luck" tells me that I am not going to buy another Kia or Hyundai (same company). Do yourself a favor and do not buy pearl white of anything Kia makes as you will probably end up in the same boat.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Forte - I have had Nissan Altimas for the past 9 years and was not at all pleased with the product or the attitude/care from Nissan or their local dealer. I do however, strongly recommend KIA West for fabulous service on an extremely well built automobile. Like a breath of fresh is my definition of dealings with KIA West and their well put together product.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I have a Kia Forte with 84,000 miles on it and have done oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles with a blown engine. The worst part is I still owe $12k on the damn car and the dealership says a new engine might run between $6 to 8k. Rest of car is in great shape. Kia should be replacing the engine at no cost to the consumer!

Original review: June 19, 2017

We leased a 2014 Kia Forte. First I would like to say, it was complete JUNK! The rear suspension was clunking only after a few thousand miles. The brakes and tires went on it after 15 K. The gas gauge would all of a sudden drop to empty for a while despite being full. It was just a cheaply made piece of junk. That being said, we did not lease another vehicle and actually turned it in almost a month early. We were thousands of miles below our allotment. So because we didn't want to lease another pile of junk, what does Kia do? Scrutinize every little thing. Some scratches. It was dirty? They charged us $450 despite returning a vehicle early with low low miles and new parts that shouldn't have had to be replaced.

Funny how all of our other vehicles were returned in similar condition but since we leased another it was ok. I strongly feel like this was not "excessive damage". The car isn't worth what you want because people aren't buying them! The sales manager at the dealership admitted it. Who wants to pay for a pile of trash? Anything to make an extra buck. They are thieves and sell people garbage.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS ISSUE???? I bought a 2015 Kia Forte in August 2015 from Brantmeier Ford/Kia in Sheboygan Wisconsin. Not 2 weeks later I had the car back to the dealership for issues. The BIGGEST issue is that the car is unsafe to drive on anything except dry roads. When there is snow, ice, or even heavy rain, the car will, out of nowhere leave its lane. This has happened multiple times. I'll be driving down the freeway at 65-70mph and out of nowhere the car will move into the lane to the right or onto the shoulder. You cannot anticipate when it will do it, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. When going over bumps in town the car shifts a lot, which feels like what it does on the freeway, only at a much slower speed.

We have had this car in and out of the dealership repair for over a year. Finally this year a technician from Kia came, felt what it did on the bumps and said it was normal for this model. I can assure you that it is NOT normal for ANY car to leave its lane while driving. This is a HUGE SAFETY ISSUE not only to the driver, but anyone else that is on the road when this happens! The dealership has replaced the rear struts, we've gotten new tires (which we paid for... the tires were worn so bad and in such an odd way in not even a year of owning the car), had alignments done, the list goes on... the repair department cannot find what is causing this.

From the very beginning the dealership was dishonest. 1st they offered a 0% deal (which is why we chose this car in the first place), when we were ready to sign the deal suddenly was not available. I could go on about the dishonesty we experience with this dealership, but my MAIN focus here is the SAFETY ISSUE of the vehicle leaving its lane while driving. If anyone else has experienced this PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I have contacted the State of Wisconsin on this matter and am in the process of filing a complaint with them and the BBB against both Kia and the dealership.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I have Kia Forte 2011 engine problem. I found problem thru my local mechanic and he told me take Kia forte 2011 to Kia dealer in Riverside California as it would cover under warranty. I talk to Sal ** service consultant at ** and kept Kia on 1-4-2017. It has been 23 day, getting answer Kia has authorized engine problem and order parts and we are working but backed up. Meanwhile I am without car.. family is suffering. I would like you to look into matter and get me daily rental value for car compensation and family suffering settlement.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I purchased my 2016 Kia Forte lx March 18 2016. Say about 3 months later brakes grinding so I changed them myself. Only one side worn down. Kia says I voided the warranty because I changed them but mind you brakes aren't covered under the warranty but I let it go. So things been ok no problems until October sometime I'm driving and after being stopped at a red light I accelerate and the car takes off slower like no power so at the next light I cut it off and start it back. That lights on the dash do some crazy ** and it's like it has extra power but the brake lights not work so I take it to the dealership. They say it's the relay which I have to cover because the warranty doesn't cover it after 12000 miles. But they will cover the brake switch after I replace the relay.

So the electric shop fix the bad ground on the relay or the brake switch so things cool until a month later it just cuts off on me at the light and won't start back. Now I do have a sound system so I'm thinking it's the battery so I try and jump it and it won't start. No sign of it being the battery so I tow it to the dealership. They say it's the battery and starter and it's $900.00 so bring the car home, charge the battery up and the car starts right up. Which I believe it started up because the system reset after the battery been out for a period of time so I take it to autozone to have the battery and alternator check. The battery is no good which I think I messed up so I purchase a battery and a oil change kit.

This was on thanksgiving. Go home, changed the oil. My second time changing the oil since I had it and the engine starts knocking. I only have 19044 miles and the manufacturer denied me because I only had one receipt. I do oil changes myself. I never thought to keep up with the receipt. Also Kia says I should have changed the oil 3 times by now every 50000 but the book says 7500. Monday morning I will be contacting a lawyer. By the way you can look at the dumb stuff I invested in the car like the tint etc. Why wouldn't I do my oil change regularly? Thanks for reading my situation with Kia. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Bought a Kia Forte in 2010 new. It's been six years and we have never had our Kia in the shop!! We put brakes/tires oil changes and had to replace sway bar bushings once. By far the best vehicle we have ever bought. We hit a deer which totaled the car. The car has 161,000 miles and we would continue to drive our Kia if it wasn't for the front end damage from the deer. The problem with my Kia is they do not hold their value. To our family our Kia is valuable in every way. Thank you Kia!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I bought a new 2013 Kia Forte which is 3 years old. I have kept vigilant oil changes and checks with mostly other companies because Kia keeps me there for 4-5 hours just for an oil change which I have to do on my only day off work. Therefore I chose to go across the street from my house for oil changes etc. completed in 30 minutes max. Well I brought my car into Kia three times before it hit the 60,000 mile warranty expiration to be sure everything was good with the car. I hadn't had ANY issues. Each time I was told the car is perfect. No problems. I decided at 62,000 miles to take it in (against my better judgement) for an oil change since they were giving me a discounted oil change and a free car wash/vacuum.

"Coincidentally" and yes I'm being sarcastic since now I'm 2000 miles out of warranty, they NOW tell me a list of things that need to be fixed including by the way my wipers that proves they are deceptive since I had them changed a month previous. Anyway I fix what they tell me which was expensive and after a 5 hour wait I'm handed back my car with no vacuum. They would NOT give me a loaner. They also did not apologize. So fast forward 2 days and I'm ready to go to work and my battery dies plus the EPS light is now on and they tell me it's going to cost a few thousand dollars most likely. The car doesn't even have 70,000 miles on it yet. What I don't understand is how an entire steering box or whatever it's called has to be replaced after 3 years and nothing is under warranty even the drive belt that I had to get fixed when a couple of months before it was not even flagged as a problem.

The steering issue was also not flagged as a problem until conveniently for them I take it in for an oil change and now there are multiple issues. I feel as though they messed with my car on purpose. I know it sounds paranoid but it was perfect until it went there for an oil change. I only bought that horrific car because of their so-called amazing warranty. DECEPTIVE!!! I am already talking to a lawyer as of yesterday and he's waiting to see what happens at my next appointment. They are also very very rude and when I tell them I need a car to drive to work, the man Xavier says "don't you have another one"? NO XAVIER I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER ONE. I am a single mother with one car. I used to drive an Infiniti and I thought I would go a more sensible route with a great warranty with Kia. What a joke!!! I wish I'd stayed with Infiniti. Their customer service was amazing and flawless. I feel very unsafe with this car and my lawyer knows this too.

After reading all of these reviews I feel even worse and it seems like they are not being held responsible. These are my first issues with this car and I even paid extra for a better warranty and the warranty has covered NOTHING AT ALL. How dare they get away with this and their engines failing and putting people's lives at risk??? This is disgusting! I was going to give this car to my daughter for college. That will NEVER happen now. I urge all of you to sue them as I am about to. That at least gives me some hope. Never again Kia.

Original review: July 25, 2016

I have a 2013 Kia forte. I am the second owner when I bought it. I had no issues with this car. I bought it with 76000 miles on it. I had it for 3 months now and now everytime I change to the 3rd it grinds. I don't have any warranty or anything like that. I have change the transmission oil to see if that will help. But nothing. I got told by fixing this issue will be kind of expensive now. By looking all these review I understand now it was a bad decision buying this type of car.

Original review: July 17, 2016

My car is a 2012 Kia Forte EX with ~52,000 miles on it and a good service record (according to a Kia dealership). I recently took it to the dealership for service on a rattling noise in the front, passenger side. When I drive on moderately bumpy roads at low speeds (<25mph), the car sounds like parts are moving about in that one location. After running a diagnostics on the car, the service department concluded that the car's axle is loose due to normal wear. In other words, the car just makes this terrifying noise because it's either poorly constructed or made out of cheap or unstable materials. They assured me that the loose axle is safe and does not affect operation of the car. This defect, however, makes my car very unpleasant to drive and devalues the car. Every single passenger I have had in the car since it started making the noise has expressed concern about whether the car is safe to drive.

I doubt any buyer will be interested in a vehicle that sounds like it's going to fall apart, regardless of whether it's actually going to fall apart. Further, how am I supposed to determine if/when the noise develops into something that is actually unsafe or affecting operations? Unfortunately, the defect is not covered under warranty, which only covers defects that impair the car's operations; a repair for this will run $400-600, according to the dealership. I really regret buying from Kia (car was paid in full at time of purchase) and I will certainly not purchase from them again. I invested money with the expectation that the car would provide about 10 years of service without causing any significant problems. As of late, I can't imagine driving this car around for another 5 or so years while hearing that awful noise. What a disappointing waste of money and a distressing driving experience.

(Note: To be fair, the only other problem that I've had is with the ignition. At one point, the car was not registering that it was in park and would not release the key from the ignition when parked. I had to leave the key in the ignition for a couple of days while Kia ordered a part to correct this problem (at no charge). The car also makes vibrating noises in the cabin sometimes but this is only a minor nuisance.)

Original review: July 7, 2016

I had purchased a new 2014 Kia Forte. I kept up with maintenance. Well engine always been sluggish. Dealer said it wasn't broken in. Well I travel a lot. I got to 110,000 miles and the engine just fell apart and blew. No warnings, nothing. Dealer said it's over the warranty and can't do anything. Needless to say I tried Kia. I was almost going to buy another one as a second car but sadly to say after reviewing this car and same problem with others I'm done with Kia. You lost my business and I'm letting everyone I know about the junk you sell.

Original review: July 1, 2016

First off I bought a 2015 Kia Forte brand new with 13 miles on it and the dealership didn't disclose it had been wrecked and I ask for pictures if it had been as well. They said there is none. After a while my trunk started leaking water and messing a lot of the electrical stuff up. I take it in 3 times to dealership to fix and finally they do a horrible job of putting silicone around every lining on the trunk and did not touch the electrical or anything else. Did I mention I have two kids and my car still smells of the mold and still having electrical issues that are only getting worse and Consumer Affairs tell me that it is not their problem! Do not buy a Kia!!! I do have pics of all the mold and everything that I can add!

Original review: May 9, 2016

One week ago, purchased a brand new 2016 Optima. I've been living a nightmare ever since. I test drove a new 2016 Kia Optima ex with premium package last Saturday. (As the lease on my Forte was ending in one month) during the test drive I noticed the tire pressure (TMPS) light was on. I notified the salesman, he said he would have someone look at. Wound up not making a deal that day, but returned two days later, and bought the car. I was at the dealership for hours, happy when it was all said and done, got in my new car and drove home. (About 10 miles) on the drive I noticed the tire light was on again. I thought, no big deal, I'm exhausted, I'll call them tomorrow about it. Woke up the next morning, got ready for work, got in the car and away I went. Got around 5 miles from home, went to make a right hand turn onto a busy highway, pulled out only to realize I had no power steering.

Looked at the dash, now along with the tire light, power steering light was on. I thought...hmmm. Maybe because the tire pressure was low, it's now affecting the steering. Drove the remaining 7 or so miles to work. Parked the car, called the dealership and explained what happened. They said "bring it in, we'll fix it right away." Brought it there after work. After waiting two hours, service man came out and said "Sorry, we're going to have to give you a loaner, we don't know what's wrong with it". Imagine my shock, that a brand new car with only 26 miles on it, that I literally bought the day before, is already giving me problems. I couldn't believe it...and it only gets worse from here. Next day, wait all day to hear something. Nothing. I call, they say, "We don't know, waiting to hear from Kia." Next day, nothing. I call again. Same response. Third day. Now I'm getting upset.

I contact the salesman. I ask "what's happening? What is so wrong with this brand new car that it takes 3 days to fix?"...crickets...I get a call from the sales manager. He says "I want you to be 100% satisfied." I say "I'm zero percent satisfied." He says "Kia corporate is going to call you," and that he'll call me Monday. Guess what? Yup, nothing. No call from corporate. No call from him. This is now a week later. No car. No answers. So I call corporate myself. Lady was nice at first. I said just give me a different car. It's a lemon. After that, she says, check your manual, it tells you how to go about claiming your car is a lemon. (How can I check the manual of a car I don't have?)

I couldn't talk too long at the time because I was at work, and I wanted some kind of resolution. I asked her, "can you please call me back at 3:10?" Sure she says. Guess what? Yup. Nothing. This is how this company will treat you too if God forbid, anything goes wrong with your car. I believe I've been more than patient. I've given them ample opportunity to, at the very least, respond to me. Please, save yourself the hassle. Don't buy a Kia.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I recently traded in my 2014 KIA Forte, that I purchased new through a KIA Dealership in Michigan. My lease was getting ready to expire, and I was being hounded daily by telephone calls, mailers, etc... I went to another dealership in Florida, and purchased a new Dodge Journey SXT. The dealership was excellent to work with. They called KIA Motor Finance, and got the total PAY OFF balance. I drove away happy with my new Dodge.

Now three weeks after the deal, I received a Statement from KIA Motor Finance for $2.40, NO EXPLANATION! I paid it, and as I Sat and thought about the large picture... I thought Wow!!! What if after each KIA owner sells/trades in their KIA's, and KIA bills each one of us for $2.40, and we just pay it because the amount is so low and just want to be done with entire process. Just think of the money KIA Motor Finance rakes in!!! I've turned them into the BBB. I'm also still getting calls to trade in my lease, constant calls about the extended warranty, etc... The bullying just won't stop. Take my advice... Don't finance with KIA Motor Finance ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

My 2010 Kia Forte Koup has less than 60K. That's right, 60K and I brought it in for a knocking sound. Just for a call saying my engine needs to be replaced because I have metal shavings. I'm offered the option of a used engine for less money. The used engine has 70K. Oh how convenient, more km's than mine. The catch: my warranty expired 6 months ago. Suspicious? Umm yep. Pending result after I go in there and lose my **.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

2014 Kia Sorrento - My car is 2 years old and just overheated...smoke everywhere! I parked it immediately and called road service (I couldn't possibly be happier with road service, they were great). I called the dealership only to be told I need a new engine. How is this possible? Now I have to wait for Kia approval to replace the engine and warranty does not cover rental car. They have had my car since yesterday afternoon...as of this writing no one has called me back. I always heard good things about Kia. 2 weeks ago I purchased a new Kia Forte for my daughter. I am beginning to see Kia is not all it's made out to be from my own personal experience. 0 stars for me at this point!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2015

I had an accident where my 2013 Kia Forte accelerated by itself backwards not once but twice. The only way to get the car to stop was slamming it into park. I have had Kia Corp. come out and review the car and accident site and they say that it was driver error. I know for a fact that the car accelerated by itself. Kia Corp. is denying that there are any issues with this happening previously. I have cases on the internet that this happened before and they are saying that they do not go by what has been reported in the past. I am on a mission to prove that this was a defect on the car. If anyone has had this happen to them please post out here. I am very angry as the accident caused bodily harm to my family.

Kia Forte Company Information