2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

The Kia Forte is an affordable compact sedan. Read more Kia reviews to learn about other models.

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Kia Forte Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Forte?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kia Forte?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Christopher **, salesman, is friendly, provides excellent customer services. Very helpful with assisting with a car within the budget. I highly recommend Chris ** to reach out if you’re looking a a new vehicle or simply wanting to upgrade to a newer vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My wife and I bought a 2017 Forte lx in August of 2019, and have never felt like we made a bad decision. Great power from the engine, responsive and an overall joy to drive. We were in the market 6 months later to replace my car now and we couldn’t shake the feeling like we were making mistake looking at any other car company besides Kia. So, three days ago we got another Forte to match!!! Never thought I would like a Korean car with a Vtec Mitsubishi engine that was assembled in Mexico!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Bought a Kia Forte 2019 lxs in May just over 4,000 miles and car starts grinding and rpms go sky high but when you press the gas car doesn't want to go. The car was not like this when I bought it. They tell me this is how a cvt transmission is then why wasn't it doing this when I bought it, not happy with their saying nothing is wrong, every time it does it I will take it back I see to many people have complaints of the same nature, same year to

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Bought our Kia used and love it. Plenty of pep and the features are great. We especially like the seamless bluetooth. We like this car so much that we look for Kias whenever we get any rentals. The seats are super comfortable for bigger peeps. Great gas mileage and trunk space.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I needed a car to commute 820 miles per two-week pay period. I also wanted a sedan to make it easier when my children or grandchildren rode with me on other days. This car has a feature that displays the gas mileage of the last drive whenever you turn off the key. Imagine my surprise when it consistently read 45mpg at the end of each trip. In the Summer, it has read as high as 50. In the Winter, it reads as low as 39. Its bluetooth capability sends phone calls through the radio even when the radio is off! And I can control the volume of the call (or radio) through a fingertip control on the steering wheel. This car is everything I wanted or needed in a car and more.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have a 2014 Kia with 50000 miles it started to use some oil so I took it to the dealership that it was purchased at. They preformed a oil test 3 times and told me that nothing was wrong that Kia just makes bad engines and they do use oil. My granddaughter was driving only about 100 miles a week and now it uses 2 quarts a week. I put in a complaint with Kia and they closed the ticket without making contact with me. I then emailed the top executive at Kia and never heard back from him either. Do yourself a favor and if you are thinking about buying a Kia don’t do it as you will have regrets.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I’ve leaded 3 Kia Fortes since 2014. My first was a 2015 and I LOVED it! Traded it in at the end for a 2018 Forte, duh. Some annoying problems with the 2018 included heat that took 27 minutes to start every time you got in, fluid sensors didn’t work correctly, and the Sirius satellite radio wouldn’t work on rainy days. It would say “Satellite Start-Up Error”. Service department had never seen that message before dealing with my car... many times. (Service department was always excellent & responsive, though!) The car ended up getting new fluid sensors, new engine thermostat and 2 new Sirius radios. Then I noticed a leak. I had it at that point! The car always drive really well but there was always one annoying issue after another during the 1 1/2 yrs I had it. I got the dealership to take my lease back and they gave me a 2019 model instead. Yay! So I thought...

Serious problem now. I’ve had it 5 months, just hit 3,800 miles, and my car lost it’s transmission when I got on the freeway on Saturday. It began on backroads first. The car was shaking as it hit 1,000 rpms, then started shaking each time it hit 2,000 rpms, then I merged onto the highway and the rpms went out of control, jumping to 6-8 rpms with barely any pressure on the gas pedal and no acceleration. I barely made it to an exit ramp since I couldn’t get above 15 mph. Scary. Kia Roadside Assistance was great and towed to closest dealership. Dealership said yes, it’s the transmission. However, it’s been 3 days and this dealersip could care less about getting me a loaner or rental. My own dealership said these guys should definitely be finding me a car but nothing so far...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

The insurance rates are double the VW Jetta and very unsafe. I began driving my Kia Forte a couple weeks ago and must say it’s the biggest mistake I have made in a long time. The lane assist is extremely dangerous. The car tried to correct me into parked cars as I passed the coming down 5th Street mountain in Emmaus, PA. It finally succeeded in pulling me off of my driveway and into a small pile of rocks. The impact was at 5 to 10 mph and the rock that did the damage was about 150 lbs. This little impact caused over $ 3000 in damage. The front bumper covers shattered and the radiator was leaking.

I am very worried about being stuck driving this car for the next 3 years of my lease. Especially since I transport my two young daughters frequently. Please don’t be fooled to think the lane assist is safe and don’t believe the sales people when they tell you that KIA have very little problems. And as far as insurance rates. You should buy a better slightly more expensive car and the lower rates will off-set. I am so disappointed and wish I could terminate my lease.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Bought this car new less than 2 months ago. Shortly after 3000 miles the transmission stops pulling. It's with the dealer now for a replacement but I've lost confidence in the manufacturing. Don't want another KIA... ever again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Beware: Our teenage daughter bought her first new car with her own hard earned money. It’s been in the shop for 4-5 months out of approximately 18 months for transmission issues. Once this new transmission goes in, it will be the 3rd transmission in 21,000 miles! First one went at 3,000 miles. 2nd one went 18,000 miles later. We don’t feel as though this car is safe for her to drive anymore but we can’t afford to eat the $10,000 that she has invested of her own money! She made a large down payment on her 16th birthday so needless to save this makes us sick. Not to mention the unsafety of this vehicle! Both times it completely went while it was being driven to the point that she almost couldn’t make it home. It was very scary for her!

Kia Forte Company Information