3.78/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Cherokee

The Jeep Cherokee comes in eight trims with options ranging for everyone from adventure-seekers to families. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Cherokee Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I purchased 2019 Jeep Cherokee and within 10-15,000 miles I began to experience oil consumption problems. After several visits to the dealership service dept, and oil consumption program, I was able to receive a new engine. However, after just 3 weeks, I checked the oil, and noticed it was already down 1/2 quart. Once again, the car has been in the service dept and again placed on an oil consumption program. Most likely will need another engine. I have received nothing but the run around with this vehicle, which I feel Chrysler should take responsibility and pay off the loan and/or replace the entire vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

In short, my 2019 Jeep Cherokee had been in the shop 4 times for Uconnect issues. Radio/Audio, Bluetooth was lost multiple times and I would have nothing. The last time it occurred I brought it to the dealer and the service manager witnessed it. However, when it got to the tech, it was not occurring. I opened a case with Jeep, got assigned a caseworker, and that was it. I tried to reach out to the case manager multiple times as did the service dept. They "said" it was going to a specialist, but no one ever contacted the dealer OR me.

After a week of this I "finally" got the Jeep back and traded out of it to a BMW. I understand from the dealer and the car rental folks Uconnect is a major issue with all of these vehicles. Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler refuses to address this and the customer suffers. I was a long-time Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep person...but no more. Look at the other blogs and such, Uconnect (intermittent issues) are plaguing these products. I would look elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Everything seemed great with this SUV. I take great care of it. But after 15,000 miles the engine went belly up. Died several times in the intersection. To break down the price per mile on this car, I paid well over $1 per mile! I could pay a human being to carry me instead at that rate. And they’re less likely to die in an intersection! I tried to do the right thing for the country and buy American, but I’ll stick with German and Japanese because of quality control. Or basically any car company that their engines last more than 9 months.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I leased a 2019 Jeep Cherokee on March 09, 2019. I had it for a day less than a week and it went into limp mode while trying to pass a vehicle. The Jeep was on the way to the dealer already because the lip to the window guard was bent and had to be replaced. They cleared the code and sent us on our way. Was good until just about home. Had to go 20 miles per hour due to going back into limp mode. Called Chrysler to come get it. They never showed up until the next day and it has been in the garage till this day May 28, 2019 and they are fighting me about getting out of my lease!! I have always been a Jeep Girl but I will never own a Jeep even if you paid me to drive it!! I am currently fighting Lemon Law for a 2019 Leased Jeep Cherokee and Jeep as well as Chrysler. Knowing it was a manufacturing warranty they still will not let me out of my lease.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I purchased a Jeep Cherokee Sport 2015 about 3 plus years ago. Since the day I left the lot (Jack Phelan Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Countryside, IL) that car created one problem after another. Some of the issues were dealership related, like the broken windshield, flat tire, oil marks on the inside of the interior and replacement of the interior seats, the wrong ones. But in general, the quality of the car was sub-par to say the least. The engine problem, which really should be recalled, has stalled or stopped over 17 times. Seventeen!

This all happened in the middle of the street or intersection. Just disturbing. The agony and stress of owning this vehicle has swayed my belief in Jeep cars and the stress of owning this vehicle will never go away. As a result, I've traded my 35k Jeep (took a loss on the trade in) for a Kia. Nothing wrong with a Kia, just not my first choice. If I could afford it I'd drive an Audi or Land Rover, but that's life. Poor Quality to focus on Quantity. Good Job Jeep Cherokee!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought the 2018 Jeep Cherokee with 13,000 miles. I drove it about 2 months and it stalled. Eventually, I discovered that it was out of oil. Seems the low oil pressure warning (DING!) only came on for 1/2 second during hard turns (I looked quick). I assumed someone forgot to change the oil at the dealership, and it worked fine when the oil was replaced (full synthetic). Within 1500 miles, stalled again. Checked the oil and it's bone dry. Leak? Nope, I park it at work and home and no oil spots. Checked the forums and this is typical. Local dealership suggests I just check and top off the oil every time I fill the tank. REALLY?! Now, the "Service Shifter" lights come on and locks up the console and shifter indicator. This too is "normal" according to forums and can be reset after re-starting the car (about every week it comes on). When are they going to force a recall on this piece of junk. Never again.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I recently purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with all the bells and whistles “lane assist, forward collision warning. etc." After a couple months of driving the Jeep I noticed my 4x4 wasn’t working and I had developed a oil leak from the oil cooler. I call my local Jeep dealer and schedule an appointment, they agree to fit me into their schedule ASAP to get my warranty work completed before my warranty expired. So a few days later I take my Jeep in to have the oil cooler and PTU replaced. The dealer I took my Jeep into service was backed up and it would take a week or so to complete the work. A week went by I called to see the progress on my Jeep and come to find out they can’t get to the PTU “Power Train Unit" replacement until next week. So I and the service advisor agree to let me come get my Jeep and make another appointment for the PTU. No big deal.

So another week goes by I drop my car off for service. Was suppose to be a 2 day gig at most. Turned into the better part of a weekend “Thurs- Monday.” After receiving my Jeep back all seemed well but I noticed the Jeep was pulling slightly to the left. I checked my tire pressure and they were all good. The Jeep was pulling to the left but not to the point of concern. I figured I needed an alignment and that was all.

A day or so later I was getting on to the highway doing roughly 50-55 taking my granddaughter to school when my Jeep all of the sudden lost control. It pulled me hard to the left. I tried to correct the vehicle turning to the right when the front driver's side tire came off the vehicle being sucked underneath the car, sending me into the bar ditch and into the safety barriers. I am aware that the Jeep Cherokees are known for lower ball joint issues on the 2013 models and I believe my vehicle is one of the few 2014 models with the same problem. Anyways my Jeep was destroyed, no airbags went off in the crash and the whole front end was destroyed. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased my Jeep Cherokee 2015 new. Within a month I had to have the whole engine replaced! The dealership was awful and although it was under warranty, they did not take ownership of selling me a lemon! After a year and a half I had to replace all four tires as well. Two times now I have been locked out, my keys were in the car. This is a serious safety concern as my child was in the car and it was a cold winters day. I don’t know why the door would automatically lock!

Don’t waste your money on this car or company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I have a 2016 Jeep Cherokee latitude which I purchased March 2018. I must say this one of the worst purchases ever. The vehicle drives slow even when I press on the gas and then it jerks and pulls while I’m driving and unfortunately I have to wait a whole week for the dealer to look at it. I looked at several reviews and it looks like it may be the transmission. This is my only vehicle and I have no transportation to work or my classes. This is very stressful and frustrating.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love it. It drives super good and comfy. Gets good gas mileage as well. It’s by far the best vehicle we have had in a long while. I like having the usb ports and blue tooth sxm radio and the ability to insert sim cards is nice. Heated seats and steering wheel is great. Having power windows and seats are good as well. The only issue I have is the backseat space being so small and when you add three kids in three car seats it’s hard for them to buckle. They don’t have much space for leg room or to buckle if everyone is in there. It’s just super tight back there. But, it's a wonderful updated vehicle.

Jeep Cherokee Company Information