2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

The Jeep Cherokee comes in eight trims with options ranging for everyone from adventure-seekers to families. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jeep Cherokee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

This is my third Jeep Grand Cherokee in the last 21 years. I bought a new 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Limited and now have 79,000 miles on it (02/20). The size fits the nitch of not being small, and yet not bulky like the larger SUVs. It has had a couple of small recalls and three extended warranty (72-77K) items repaired ($5,500), at my $100 deductible each (Front end/valve cover gasket/radiator). It rides nice, though a bit rocky on sharp really bumpy turns; stiffer suspension than a car. Low road noise. Handles the road well in all driving conditions. Front and rear seats are comfortable, but not plush. Great sound and NAV systems.

I keep cars for around 8-10 years, 100-120K miles; that is why I always buy the extended warranty, always pays for itself in the long run. Spacious back cargo area and easy drop down rear spit seats. A great perky V6, which handles nice, but not luxury; whether you are single or a family of 2-4, this a great vehicle to drive with confidence.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Juan hooked me up with this baller Jeep Cherokee like a boss. He made the process real smooth and as quick as possible with no hiccups at all. My dude is the bomb dot com for real. If you need the hook up on a new whip, Juan Ready is your man!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The 4x4 in the jeep is great but not as refined as my last Edge AWD. The 3.2 v6 with the 9 speed trans is more peppy than my past Edge 3.5 v6. The only week link is the transmission. It hasn't given me any trouble but in lower gears it gets a little confused as to which gear it should be in. It actually drive best if you put your foot in it and try not to granny drive it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We bought our Jeep brand new in 2007. It is 2019 and have had no major issues and very few minor issues. We moved to Chile in 2017 and shipped our Jeep so we would have it. The sun in Chile is brutal, so we will have to have it painted. The area we live in is mountains, so we had to have the one of the brake shoes repaired. Considering it is 12 (probably really 13) years old, this is amazing! The only bad thing, gas millage is horrible. :-(

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I got this on the recommendation of a Jeep owner who is part of a Jeep loving family. I wanted a dependable practical 4wd that could tow a medium heavy load. It’s had a few maintenance needs that all cars need. Repairs and maintenance averaged $300.00. Brakes were more. It’s black and I almost didn’t buy it for that reason- just don’t relate to black painted cars. But it was. In good shape and drove well. I’m glad I bought this Jeep.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have a 2020 Jeep Cherokee latitude with only 534 miles. The transmission feel like it's going out. Rough shifting and when I put the car and drive it goes back first then goes forward. There is no open recalls on my car as of 4/03/2020.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I purchased this truck 2018 with about 6k miles on it. As of today I have about 34k miles on it. I had to replace the battery last year, just found out that it needs a new thermostat in it which is going to cost me over $700 to repair. Not only that they are told me last year that the rotors needed to be turned because the truck was sitting, the first year I had the truck I put over 15k on it, is that sitting? NO it's not. People would tell me that I will never buy another truck if it's not a Jeep. WRONG!!! I will never purchase another Jeep. I am not getting any help on this matter from the manufacturer. I understand that warranties expire but to find out from a dealership that this truck has had issues with the thermostat and they are not doing anything about it, I don't want to deal with that. I do not recommended this truck to anyone. I am wanting to take it back to the dealership and give them the keys and walk away, that's how bad it is.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

There have been several issues with this vehicle. First very soon after the purchase of the vehicle I noticed paint peeling off of the backup screen electric eye area. Took the vehicle into the dealership and told them about it and they dabbed a little touch paint on the area and said I agreed to the process. I never did. Second the vehicle started using a quart of oil every 2000 miles and again I took it to the dealership and they told me that was normal for my vehicle. Thirdly, the paddle shifter quit working and again I took it back to the dealership and they told me not to use that feature. Chrysler warranty a big joke. Not happy one little bit.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

It's a comfortable vehicle with plenty of cabin space. The car handles well in high speed and good maneuverability in traffic given the size. Engine is a bit sluggish and the mileage is a bit low for its size.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Blind spots on front/sides due to wide pillars on windshield; difficult to see pedestrians without moving body forward and to the side. Would like more power on inclines and passing. Comfortable seats. Easy to operate, dependable; very basic with minimal electronics. I like the looks and design.

Jeep Cherokee Company Information