2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

3.9/5 (386 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Jeep Cherokee

The Jeep Cherokee comes in eight trims with options ranging for everyone from adventure-seekers to families. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Jeep Cherokee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Had come to Westgate Chrysler, Avon, Indiana, many times, complained on radio, never stayed as radio, & clock, same, now key, automatics kicks horn on. Always some excuse. Prior, take out battery, & how was I to enter.. Last time, vehicle out of warranty, having been in & out of hospitals since, finally time to

complain to Chrysler Corp. directly, been told they are no longer associated with FSC plus out of warranty & over mileage. Now they tell me..

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Purchase a Jeep Cherokee Limited Edition back in September of 2015. Vehicle has been great since recently. Engine light came on and some fuel sensor went on the vehicle. The Jeep Dealer changed the part and updated the Engine software and supposedly this ECO Light / Mode feature is no longer available for this model. Worked great for 5 years and now I have to live without it. According to FCA it used to work off the Radio feature through RA3/4 and the software update zapped it I guess? Was considering purchasing a new Jeep but am rethinking that option at this time at least until I can get a valid reason as to why anyone would lose features once purchased. Not the vehicle I purchased believe it or not...

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I am the owner of 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. I purchased this vehicle hoping to keep it for a long time. I have had over 16 different cars and trucks in my driving years. I have never had vehicle in the Dealership so many times for updates and check engine lights at least 7 different times in two years. The latest breakdown is a leaking fuel line. Could have been a dangerous problem had I not noticed it leaking. The Jeep has never spent a winter in NY. Purchased this in Florida and I spend every winter in Florida. This line is under metal guard so it is never exposed to the elements. You can't buy just the one line. You must buy the fuel line bundle. Jeep will not even listen to me the Jeep has only 63000 miles. This is the last one I will ever buy. Customer Sevice is bad and reliability of this is terrible.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have a 2020 Jeep Cherokee latitude with only 534 miles. The transmission feel like it's going out. Rough shifting and when I put the car and drive it goes back first then goes forward. There is no open recalls on my car as of 4/03/2020.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

This is my third Jeep Grand Cherokee in the last 21 years. I bought a new 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Limited and now have 79,000 miles on it (02/20). The size fits the nitch of not being small, and yet not bulky like the larger SUVs. It has had a couple of small recalls and three extended warranty (72-77K) items repaired ($5,500), at my $100 deductible each (Front end/valve cover gasket/radiator). It rides nice, though a bit rocky on sharp really bumpy turns; stiffer suspension than a car. Low road noise. Handles the road well in all driving conditions. Front and rear seats are comfortable, but not plush. Great sound and NAV systems.

I keep cars for around 8-10 years, 100-120K miles; that is why I always buy the extended warranty, always pays for itself in the long run. Spacious back cargo area and easy drop down rear spit seats. A great perky V6, which handles nice, but not luxury; whether you are single or a family of 2-4, this a great vehicle to drive with confidence.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I purchased this truck 2018 with about 6k miles on it. As of today I have about 34k miles on it. I had to replace the battery last year, just found out that it needs a new thermostat in it which is going to cost me over $700 to repair. Not only that they are told me last year that the rotors needed to be turned because the truck was sitting, the first year I had the truck I put over 15k on it, is that sitting? NO it's not. People would tell me that I will never buy another truck if it's not a Jeep. WRONG!!! I will never purchase another Jeep. I am not getting any help on this matter from the manufacturer. I understand that warranties expire but to find out from a dealership that this truck has had issues with the thermostat and they are not doing anything about it, I don't want to deal with that. I do not recommended this truck to anyone. I am wanting to take it back to the dealership and give them the keys and walk away, that's how bad it is.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Juan hooked me up with this baller Jeep Cherokee like a boss. He made the process real smooth and as quick as possible with no hiccups at all. My dude is the bomb dot com for real. If you need the hook up on a new whip, Juan Ready is your man!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The 4x4 in the jeep is great but not as refined as my last Edge AWD. The 3.2 v6 with the 9 speed trans is more peppy than my past Edge 3.5 v6. The only week link is the transmission. It hasn't given me any trouble but in lower gears it gets a little confused as to which gear it should be in. It actually drive best if you put your foot in it and try not to granny drive it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

There have been several issues with this vehicle. First very soon after the purchase of the vehicle I noticed paint peeling off of the backup screen electric eye area. Took the vehicle into the dealership and told them about it and they dabbed a little touch paint on the area and said I agreed to the process. I never did. Second the vehicle started using a quart of oil every 2000 miles and again I took it to the dealership and they told me that was normal for my vehicle. Thirdly, the paddle shifter quit working and again I took it back to the dealership and they told me not to use that feature. Chrysler warranty a big joke. Not happy one little bit.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

It's a comfortable vehicle with plenty of cabin space. The car handles well in high speed and good maneuverability in traffic given the size. Engine is a bit sluggish and the mileage is a bit low for its size.

Jeep Cherokee Company Information