2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Jeep Cherokee comes in eight trims with options ranging for everyone from adventure-seekers to families. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Jeep Cherokee Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Juan hooked me up with this baller Jeep Cherokee like a boss. He made the process real smooth and as quick as possible with no hiccups at all. My dude is the bomb dot com for real. If you need the hook up on a new whip, Juan Ready is your man!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The 4x4 in the jeep is great but not as refined as my last Edge AWD. The 3.2 v6 with the 9 speed trans is more peppy than my past Edge 3.5 v6. The only week link is the transmission. It hasn't given me any trouble but in lower gears it gets a little confused as to which gear it should be in. It actually drive best if you put your foot in it and try not to granny drive it.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We bought our Jeep brand new in 2007. It is 2019 and have had no major issues and very few minor issues. We moved to Chile in 2017 and shipped our Jeep so we would have it. The sun in Chile is brutal, so we will have to have it painted. The area we live in is mountains, so we had to have the one of the brake shoes repaired. Considering it is 12 (probably really 13) years old, this is amazing! The only bad thing, gas millage is horrible. :-(

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I got this on the recommendation of a Jeep owner who is part of a Jeep loving family. I wanted a dependable practical 4wd that could tow a medium heavy load. It’s had a few maintenance needs that all cars need. Repairs and maintenance averaged $300.00. Brakes were more. It’s black and I almost didn’t buy it for that reason- just don’t relate to black painted cars. But it was. In good shape and drove well. I’m glad I bought this Jeep.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Blind spots on front/sides due to wide pillars on windshield; difficult to see pedestrians without moving body forward and to the side. Would like more power on inclines and passing. Comfortable seats. Easy to operate, dependable; very basic with minimal electronics. I like the looks and design.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

There have been several issues with this vehicle. First very soon after the purchase of the vehicle I noticed paint peeling off of the backup screen electric eye area. Took the vehicle into the dealership and told them about it and they dabbed a little touch paint on the area and said I agreed to the process. I never did. Second the vehicle started using a quart of oil every 2000 miles and again I took it to the dealership and they told me that was normal for my vehicle. Thirdly, the paddle shifter quit working and again I took it back to the dealership and they told me not to use that feature. Chrysler warranty a big joke. Not happy one little bit.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

It's a comfortable vehicle with plenty of cabin space. The car handles well in high speed and good maneuverability in traffic given the size. Engine is a bit sluggish and the mileage is a bit low for its size.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My vehicle from purchase date has been in the repair shop more times than I care to mention. Right now it turns off all the time and they cant figure out what is wrong with it. Worse purchase I have ever made. I will never buy Jeep/Chrysler brand EVER EVER again!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I love my Jeep for the comfort, style and features. Love having a bluetooth phone capability. This is the third Jeep we have owned over the last 19 years, with different cars in between but we seem to keep coming back to the Jeep.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Diehard for simplicity and my 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 fits the bill and my lifestyle of camping and trout fishing. State of the art for its time of production, computer assisted engine. I like the fact that it's a light body mid-size, (approximately 17.5' overall length), equipped with a 4.0L Inline 6 cylinder engine that has the reputation of clocking 300K miles on its engine. I am the original owner of this vehicle and have so far clocked 150K miles on the original engine, I'm on my second transmission, (AW4), and water pump. Seriously considering having the timing chain condition diagnosed and a new exhaust system installed, but not sure of a trustworthy mechanic in my area that can do it, yet.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Jeep Cherokee Company Information