4.0/5 (400 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Jeep Cherokee

The Jeep Cherokee comes in eight trims with options ranging for everyone from adventure-seekers to families. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Jeep Cherokee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Cherokee?

Original review: April 26, 2018

The Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk rides surprisingly well for off-road suspension. Interior is well designed, with the use of quality materials. Seating is supportive and comfortable. Controls are well placed. The 4 wheel drive is responsive and sure-footed.

Original review: March 7, 2018

My 2014 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude has less than 36000 miles (December 2016) when I was told that the tires were worn and needed to be replaced. In August of 2017 the battery died and I was told I needed a new one, still not 36000 miles. From the beginning summer of 2015 a horrific Odor came anytime the air conditioner came on (and still does but not as bad). I am told that it is a defect in the air conditioner that collects water that goes bad or creates a mold. WHAT??? Now the upholstery on both front seats are tearing at the seams and the volume of padding in the upholstery is decreasing greatly. NOW just at 36000 miles!!! Don't you think that a car should last more than 2 to 3 years?

Original review: March 6, 2018

Purchased a 2017 Jeep Cherokee in December of 2016. We have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Shifting patterns are horrible. We have had it to the dealer numerous times and have been told that we are the only people complaining about the shifting. One day, pulling out on the highway with plenty of room, the Jeep almost stalled, we had to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of traffic. The other day, went to pull out from a stop sign, stepped on the accelerator, nothing happened. All the sudden, it jumped forward into traffic, had to slam on the breaks to avoid getting hit from the side. The person, behind, almost rear-ended us. Forget about using this vehicle to drive up hills, even small ones. It downshifts, goes up over 4000 rpms, then almost feels like it is going to stall. Going down hills, it revives up and goes 10-15 miles faster. We took a list of 9 things wrong with the Jeep, the dealer said that there is nothing they can do.

Today we were told everything is in our head. Basically calling us liar. We have to get used to driving it different. Was flat out told that we have to drive it like an old person. This vehicle is a safety factor. So much so, that I will not drive it any longer. Went out and purchased a brand new 2017 Chev. Malibu last month. We are stuck with a vehicle that we don't want to drive and have to continue to make payments on. We will never purchase another vehicle from Jeep.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I bought Jeep Cherokee about 2 years ago, I was big fan of Jeep and did not believe the negative reliability reviews. I wish had not done that, the car essentially since I bought it does not start when the weather is hot. Unlucky for me I live in North East where goes over 80 degrees. Only few days a week in summer when the issue happens. As a result dealer always claims the issue cannot be reproduced and check in engine doesn’t give them info to fix it. You figured FCA would step up to fix it but they have not. They refuse to suggest any alternative strategy other than take it to dealer. The car is safety hazard. I am afraid the car will stall in middle of a highway. At this I wish had the read reviews and stayed away from FCA products.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I am currently driving a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude with just as little as 14,000 miles on it. I’m lucky to say that I will be returning it in January. This is my 4th car at 24 years old and I had gotten the Jeep new because I’m trying to avoid being stuck with paying for small inconveniences like plastic trim falling apart and electric systems going, I had a 2004 Volkswagen Passat and I have not had any issues with it as much as the new Jeep. I do not recommend this car to anyone. This has been a nightmare which is finally going away soon. Oh and the service department never cares about the customer and the car. I will definitely go back to Volkswagen. Their service is a lot better and they seem to take pride in their work.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Wish I never bought 2015 Jeep Cherokee. It has major transmission issues. It has trouble shifting and sometimes reaches 60 mph before the first shift. It cannot climb smallest hills much less larger highway hills in vt, without shifting difficulty. Now even straightaways give it trouble. Noticed problems soon after purchase. Brought it back to dealer who made minor improvements but issue remains. Now they say there's nothing more they can do. They also refuse to change transmission. Will never buy Jeep product again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I purchased my 2014 Jeep Cherokee in April 2017 with 19,000 miles on it. I've owned the vehicle 5 months and at 24,950, I was driving along at the speed of 25 MPH when the transmission service, engine, ABS and stability lights came on. My car downshifted. This was very scary. I brought it to the Jeep Service Department that day to be told that it needed a software update (TPM flash). What a joke. I reviewed the vast comments from multiple websites only to find out that the 9 speed transmission is faulty and the software updates (all 21 of them) are a bogus excuse for the Chrysler-Jeep Corporation failing to do the right thing and buy back these defective vehicles. I took the vehicle home and the next morning, I started the vehicle up and all of the same warning lights came on again. I was unable to get my car to drive in reverse. When attempting to shift, there was an odd clicking noise.

The car was towed to the Jeep Service Department 4 days ago and they have yet to call me or return my call. I have complained with the NHTSA and Chrysler-Jeep Corporation. I have no faith that they will resolve this and this vehicle is a dangerous money pit. I have joined the Class Action Lawsuit with Capstone and have also contacted a local attorney who deals with consumer rights and product defect. DO NOT PURCHASE A JEEP!!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Jeep Cherokee Latitude battery/electrical failure. I switch all lights to NOT turn on when getting in and out of car. However, at 8,000 miles I've needed 3 jumps within 24 hours. This is first American car I've bought in 20 years. BIG mistake. I'm making less money than I did when 30 years old. Now, 59 considered "overqualified" for a US job which Visa illegals are obtaining the PROFESSIONAL JOBS now. I'm in HR/Recruiting so I see it first hand. I'm living in the back of the Jeep Cherokee to keep up payments and credit. Only working part-time on 1099 because companies won't hire full-time and pay benefits for someone over 50. I bought the NEW car to avoid issues of used car because I'm sleeping in the back of the Jeep. But, big mistake buying American car: NEW or USED.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I am very disappointed in the Jeep product. The past 2 Jeeps we have had have had problems before 42,000 miles. The 2015 Jeep Compass had a transmission issue at 21,000 miles. When it was tested, the dealership said nothing was wrong because the computer did not record the issue. We were stranded on the highway in limp mode on vacation! We traded it in because we did not feel safe. These should have been recalled because I see more and more reviews online with the same issue.

The 2016 Jeep Cherokee also has issues. At 42,000 miles, the battery is not holding a charge because the battery sensor is damaged plus the battery cables are damaged. How did that become damaged? We have had issues with the start and stop for a month before it almost left my husband stranded. Luckily, he broke down at home. It costs and arm and a leg to repair this even though the part online is under $100. I feel as if Jeep is taking us for a ride. We will never buy their product again and will trade this in as soon as we can because we do not feel safe in it. BUYER BEWARE! This product used to have a quality name. Now, it needs some serious quality control before being sold off the lot. We feel scammed.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM them! I bought a brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee and it has already given me two major problems! Mind you my Jeep hasn't even hit 33K miles. The first problem was a transmission problem and the second, a defective shifter! I have not only had to deal with an unsafe vehicle but the terrible customer service! The people who work here are very unknowledgeable and the last guy I talked to was very rude and implied I was a liar because he kept saying "He'd check the last phone call" because he didn't believe I had been told my rental car would be reimbursed. It has been an awful experience dealing with this agency and the only advice I have to say is do your research before buying any Jeeps because you'll probably end up dealing with defective cars and horrible customer service!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Yesterday I had trouble trying to start it. It was acting like it was fuel starved. I had it towed into the local Jeep dealership. They called me this AM and said it was the fuel pump module. They said, and this was confirmed by Jeep, that it was not covered by the powertrain warranty. Now the powertrain warranty is for 60k and my Jeep is only 59k... But they say no this part isn't included even though it's part of the engine. This is the 2nd warranty issue I've had. Last year I had a vibration in the rear end and they said that the driveshaft was damaged... They claimed it was road damage and wasn't covered. Excuse me... But isn't Jeep supposed to be a 4-drive vehicle? Someone told me that JEEP stood for Just Extra Expensive Parts... Boy were they right. This is the first... AND LAST... Jeep I'll ever buy. Jeep = JUNK!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought my 2017 Jeep Cherokee (2.4 liter with the 9 speed transmission) last November 2016 and so far it has been in the shop 3 times for the same issue: problems with the transmission. The car will not shift down when going up hill. It jerks into gear and sometimes it just will not get into drive or reverse. Going up a hill on the freeway, I'm doing around 45 and when i try to pass someone I have to press on the gas almost all the way to the floor. The engine revs to about 4500 rpm red line is at 6000 and with a clunk the car shifts down to a lower gear so i can pass. The dealer just keeps on reprogramming the transmission computer every time and to no effect. Soon it will be my fourth time with the same problem and then I will be applying for the LEMON LAW. This car is a REAL LEMON.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I bought my Jeep Cherokee in 2014. The first few years were great, aside from a few recalls. However, November 2016 I was driving to the gym, made it about .3 a mile until I got an error saying, "Shift to desired gear". A few seconds later, my car came to a slow stop. Very dangerous as I was in the middle of a busy intersection. The power was still working, however the engine stopped. I brought it to a Jeep dealership and they tried to replicate the issue with no success. After more than 8 hours (and no rental car provided), they told me they couldn't do anything.

About 2 months later, the same thing happened again. I brought my car to a different Jeep dealership, who tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. They sent me on my way with no explanation. It then happened again 4 months later, so I had it towed to a different Jeep dealership. As you can guess, they tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. To get a second opinion, I went to two separate local mechanics who were outraged Jeep couldn't fix it, because clearly something was wrong. There is no consistent pattern when this happens, therefore it could happen at any time.

I'm VERY disappointed with Jeep and its product. It's a shame because I really wanted to like Jeep/Chrysler. I've always had either a Toyota or Honda due to their reliability, but was hoping this would work out. However, because they can't give me an answer or offer a solution to my problem, I am trading it in for a Toyota Rav4 or Acura. What kind of reputable business has a problem, but does offer to find a solution?! Especially when lives are at stake? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. It is simply not safe.

Original review: June 3, 2017

What a horrible experience!!! I bring my jeep 2017 Cherokee in for check engine light. The service writer (Amitol I think was his name, west Indian gentleman) tells me it shouldn't be a problem. Around 3 still no response so I called in and he tells me the car was in an accident and they won't replace the automatic grill sensor!! Accident?? What accident? I get there and the mechanic tells me, 'You were sold a lemon. That's why I don't buy my cars from these dealers especially this one because they all lie.' I didn't buy my car there anyway due to all the negative reviews. He shows me the car is missing some plastic clips that as far as I know were always there. Now they're missing and broken piece of plastic way at the bottom. With those two pieces of information he concludes the car was in a wreck and they won't replace the part.

Later he tells me this is a pain in the neck job because he has to take everything apart in the front to find out if the sensor is bad, basically he doesn't want to do it. Then he says in his notes car was in a wreck and they won't fix it. The manager Maria I believe who supposedly approved his notes, was nowhere to be found. Then it took another 30 minutes to get the car out of there because my service writer was too busy chit chatting on his personal phone. I took it elsewhere and of course the sensor is bad, no wreck, and they are fixing it. These people are a bunch of lazy people who don't care if you are upset or not. And Anita? Ha! I ask for her and nowhere to be found. The worst part that upsets me is stating my car was in a wreck. How dare they deny me service if it's under warranty and no body damage!!! Had it been in a wreck the part would have been destroyed!!! STAY AWAY.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Bought a brand new Cherokee in December of 2015. One year and two weeks with less than 10,000 miles later the transmission starting acting up (locked in 4th gear). Dealer reflashed computer and acts like it is normal maintenance. On the drive home (less than 10 miles) the problem repeats itself. A new computer was ordered and three weeks later it arrived and was installed. Three weeks after that the transmission locks up again and I was told it would take 2 more weeks to get the valve body to replace. Contacted Jeep customer care and after finally getting in touch with a person they agreed to a rental car. Well I get a call today saying that on the test drive the transmission went out (blocking an intersection) and had to be towed back. Now the transmission will be replaced in about 2 weeks.

While Jeep seems to be "trying to fix the problem" I feel like I am just being strung along until the warranty runs out and will then be stuck with repair bills. I bought a new car so I don't have to worry about these problems, instead I have a $30k unreliable and unsafe vehicle that I cannot drive. Mark my words. This car is going to cause the death of someone before long the way the transmission gives out. Maybe then FCA will do something to correct the problem for good.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I bought my 2015 Jeep Cherokee with 24 miles on it. From early on it has had an issue with the transmission. It basically "clunks", literally falters between gears at times during which it doesn't accelerate. Started just between 3rd and 4th but now does it between other gears. Have noted this everytime I take the vehicle in for service. Repeatedly told that until the check engine light comes on and the computer tells them what is failing, they aren't allowed to fix it. I will NEVER buy a Jeep again. So discouraged. I bought the "top" of the line, Limited Jeep Cherokee with the 3.2 engine and while it's got great bells and whistles, I hate to drive the car and I'm still paying for it. I still owe more than what I can get to trade it in, I won't sell it to a friend because of this issue.

The Service Manager at my local dealership in Wichita KS has told me and now my fiancee, because we needed to be sure I wasn't getting the talk to the hand because I'm a woman, that Chrysler is fully aware of this issue, that there are at least 2-3,000 out there doing the same thing due to the 9-speed transmission, and they continue to sell this product. Not ever to me again. I hope this stops someone from buying a Jeep and potentially getting a lemon like I've got. My concern is that I'm now at 35K miles and almost out of the warranty period and that darn light will probably come on at 37 or something. That will not be a fun day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

My 2013 Grand Cherokee has a rear window leak that runs down the inside window into the wiper unit. Jeep would only cover it under the "basic" warranty (3 yrs/36K). Even with my extended "Lifetime" warranty, they would not cover the leak as I am past the 36k. We have 9 cars and I have NEVER know a front or rear window too loose. It's seal. REALLY JEEP?? With the recalls on both my Grand and '07 Wrangler, I will never buy another Jeep or related product. Not made like they used to be!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I bought my Cherokee brand new from Heritage Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat of Owings Mills, MD. For the last 10 months, my vehicle has been shutting off while driving. In addition to shutting off while in motion, it is very jerky, hesitant, my 4x4 system has failed out of nowhere, and both the dealer and manufacturer have no idea, nor care to, fix it. My car is still under warranty with less than 35,000 miles. FCA customer service is a joke. I had to escalate to a manager with a certified letter with hopes to getting results before I sue the company in totality for selling a vehicle with known issues. I should have done more research before purchasing this vehicle because I see nothing but horror stories. A class action lawsuit needs to be filed against this manufacturer for putting customers' lives at risk.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

In June of this year I purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee latitude. Four months into purchase I was on the side of the road. In rush hour traffic I found myself not going anywhere. The engine light came on and the 4x4 displayed a temporary unavailable light. As I sat on the side of the road crying I was helpless. I managed to get to a parking lot escorted by roadside assistance. The jeep was towed to Jeep, where it remains. The frustrating part, is I don't have a car. My car is my way to get my son to school and myself to work. I am a case manager so my car is heavily relied on for my job, my income. The dealership is charging me 120.00 just to figure out what's wrong, but it's obvious a transmission issue. So that is 120.00 dollars I don't have. Being a single mother that is a lot of money. It's frustrating beyond words. I can only hope my review helps someone else.

Original review: June 28, 2016

Bought 2014 Jeep Cherokee latitude May 2014 with 7 miles on it. It has been to the shop 16 times. I started at Ward Chrysler in Carbondale. They saw it so many times they refused to see it any more. I then went on to 3 more dealerships. When my car had 100 miles on it, it started shifting irregularly. I took it to the shop, "Recall Fix". This happened 5 more times within a few months. They replaced over a dozen parts all the way up to a complete wiring overhaul. This still didn't work correctly. I was then driving with my family on the interstate and it completely stalled causing us almost to be hit by a semi truck.

I then called Jeep to request a case manager to finally get it fixed. They got it in the shop and the shop fixed more recall issues. I got it back and it completely stalled again. Jeep closed my case and nothing was done. I called back and got a new case started. Jeep recommend a new dealership with a better service department. I took it to them and they stated it need to be seen by a specialist, that would call us in a few weeks time. That "Few weeks time" turned out to be a lie that threw us out of our lemon law time frame. I called back in a few weeks asking what happened, the case was closed and there was no intention of calling me back. I opened a new case. They fixed a module in the console. They closed the case while jeep was still in shop, I got it back and it still wasn't fixed.

At this time I opened a formal complaint with Illinois Attorney General in November 2015. In February 2015 my car was taken in and not returned until June 22. I was offered a rental car the last two weeks of this since I had to go out of state on work. The Illinois Attorney General has tried to contact Jeep/Chrysler more than a dozen times with only one reply. The reply stated that my vehicle was fixed in February 2016 for a wiring harness. All completely inaccurate info. The attorney has reached out a dozen more times to cite a correction and Jeep and Chrysler REFUSE to speak to him. My vehicle has been sitting in my driveway undriveable for more than 12 months of its 24 month life and 9 months of its life it has been at the shop - literally 9 months in their parking lot being worked on. DO NOT BUY a 2014 Jeep or any other Jeep or Chrysler product. If you run into issues, it is all on you.

Original review: June 23, 2016

I've had my 2015 JEEP LATITUDE for 15 months. I leased it brand new MAR 2015, Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep. Wanted something with a rear cargo area but 2nd set of seats, low payment and low residual, and shot for 25mpg. I planned on taking it into retirement in next year. From the beginning I noticed what I called an "inefficient' transmission", never seemed to decrease RPMS commensurate with the speed. A BIT "jerky" but thought it was a quirk of the model or brand. I drove to Ft. Lauderdale, FL last week, 290 miles each direction. Typical feel of the drive all the way down. NO problems. Coming back on a SUN, about 25 mins. into the trip, the SERVICE TRANSMISSION light came on. Called the dealership back in Jacksonville, no service people on duty, talked to a sales "type" manager. He said it would be okay.

I hit driving rain around an hour into my drive. Everybody came down to about 5 miles an hour. When I went to accelerate, NOTHING. It was barely responding. I hit the hazard light and it was "pedal to the metal" and eased over SCARILY SLOWLY to the outer lane. It took awhile but I finally got it up to a normal cruising speed. Dropped back, accelerated. Dropped back accelerated. Seemed to be okay--I thought. I stayed the speed limit. Then I had to come to another stop for traffic again. Barely responding. Hit the hazards again, moved over again, pedal to the metal, I finally got it back up to speed. Called the dealership, from the car. Asked "what in the hell was going on". He told me to stop somewhere, turn the car off, shut it all down. Start it back up again. How strange! So I'm driving, normal rate of speed wondering whether I DARE to come to a stop and it not start up again.

I googled dealerships along the way. I needed to go to work on MON, had a cargo load of "product" in the back and really couldn't afford time and no budget to be stuck somewhere overnight, waiting for a dealership to open on MON. I kept going after I called the dealership again. This time the yellow transmission light come on. Pushed through until I HAD to stop for GAS. Got off the ramp, got up to the stoplight. Light changed, car would NOT BUDGE. Hit the hazards, flagged the 2 cars behind me, passed me. Turned off the car, waited for about 10 seconds, turned it back on again. Hit the gas, accelerated perfectly. Pulled into the gas station, started it back up, accelerated perfectly leaving. Got back on the road. Didn't stop again until within 40 miles of home. Came to a dead stop due to an accident. Car would barely budge--again...

Turned the car off, turned it back on. It accelerated. Stopped again, wouldn't accelerate, turned it off and booted it--3 more times getting off the road and onto the shoulder riding with the hazards flashing to the nearest exit. Did this 4 or 5 more stops to GET HOME! It was nerve wracking. Apparently every time it came to a stop "the transmission" forgot how to work--or "something". Got home, backed the car into the driveway, and woke up MON morning and it was towed away on a flat bed. This is day 4. They say they have it fixed. It was obvious they didn't know what was going on until late TUES. We'll see.

I figure I would start DOCUMENTING this situation. I've asked for detailed logs of what they did. I called an attorney to ask about Florida's "lemon law". Making notes. Lots. If any of this helps anyone else, feel free to use it. If we are able to "update" these entries, I will do that as well after I get it back tomorrow and enter the SPECIFICS from the work orders. Keeping my fingers crossed but from some of the stuff I've read about Jeep Cherokees, I have very guarded optimism. P.S. I left on the trip with about 10,600 on the odometer. It was about 15 miles over 11,000 when all this crap started happening.

Original review: May 26, 2016

DO NOT BUY A JEEP! I bought my Jeep 15 months ago - within that 15 months my 2014 Jeep Cherokee has been in the shop 12 TIMES!!! That is about once every month! It has needed a new exhaust within a month of owning it, a new belt, new PRNDL module and lots more! AND to top it off so many recalls. I contacted Jeep about all these issues I have been having and it is like talking to a wall! They are extremely rude and could care less. We have been playing phone tag. When I do talk to them they just say we will get back to you in 24 hours...! I have asked multiple times to talk to a supervisor and they say this will put in for one to call me. I have yet to talk to a supervisor (and this has been going on for over 4 months now...) So if you like to take your brand new car into the dealer every month and deal with awful customer service then buy a JEEP! If not - I TOTALLY recommend finding a different vehicle!

Original review: March 10, 2016

Purchased a brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude October 2015. The transmission never seemed right like the shift points were wrong. Now after recall computer flash done by the dealer the transmission slips and is getting worse. Informed that I need a new transmission at 11thousand miles. Dealer laughed when I asked about trade in. Showed me how the Kelly Blue Book Value was less than half of what I paid a year ago... Jeep needs to buy these lemons back! Can't believe they have gotten away this long.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2016

I bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk in August 2014. This was a Certified Pre-Owned Jeep with 7,000 miles on it for $25,999. The going price $39,999. Little did I know Eastchester Chrysler in the Bronx, NY sold me a defective Jeep. My Jeep has been in the dealership repairs about 8-10 times. 4 times on a flatbed. Problem with the Jeep. My dashboard light goes off and on until the battery is completely dead. When the flatbed came to they had to give it a little charge just to move it in the position it was in. When he put the jumper cables on my Jeep I had to hurry up and get the break of in order to get it on the flatbed. First time my Jeep was taken to the dealership all they did was charged the battery. Second time they replaced the battery. All the other times they would keep the Jeep a few days then tell me to come the Jeep because there is nothing wrong with it. Guess where my Jeep is today? In the Chrysler shop.

I have a case number with the Corp Management to no avail, they are a joke. As big as Chrysler is they should be ashamed ripping off the consumer with those problem cars. With all the complaints on the Web why is it that BBB or ConsumerAffairs have a class action lawsuit with Chrysler Jeeps. Health wise every time I go to my Jeep my heart starts racing of fear that the car will not start. What I am looking for a settlement by giving me back my down payment and monies which went to the bank each month. I do not want a replacement Jeep Right now. I have a loaner and you would not believe what make car it is. Chrysler 200 2016 and it feels like the Transmission is pulling as if it going to cut off. I want to know why is it taking ConsumerAffairs & BBB so long to go after Chrysler? Why? By now these complaint should have hit the media instead of them talking about Kanye, & Kim, Taylor Swift & Beyonce etc.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2016

My daughter leased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk new. Twice while traveling on two interstate highways the Jeep's automatic transmission suddenly and without warning failed. The result... she was left stranded on the side of the highway in the middle of the night for several hours waiting for an authorized tow truck. The Jeep was towed to our Jeep dealer and we were informed that the computer module controlling the transmission failed. The second time the transmission failed occurred during rush hour traffic on route 95 on the Connecticut/New York state line (one of the most dangerous roads in the country). She had to move suddenly across three lanes from the left lane to the breakdown lane without power by rolling across the path of 16 wheelers traveling at high speed.

She was again stuck dangerously just barely off the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Fortunately the tow truck operator knew how much danger she was in and made the proper calls to expedite service. The car is now in another Jeep dealership waiting for a replacement module again for the same issue. In each case the dealerships were professional and were very attentive. I can't ask her to get behind the wheel knowing this could easily happen again with, perhaps, fatal results.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

2015 Jeep Cherokee limited (limited, how about elimination)! Where do I start? Ok, ready....

1. A beeping sound that will not go off triggered by back up alarm. It will not go off once engaged....try for hours and hours. I recorded it and sent it to friends. They now put me on their spam list. 2. 7 or 8 recalls in 1 year of ownership, really? I now hang out with the serviceman at the dealership on Fridays. We have become quite close and in fact tomorrow I am attending a wedding of their top mechanic. They are my boys!! Come on, my kids laugh when I say I'm headed there. "Yeah right Dad".

3. Stalling when driving 50 mph. I mean all out dead as dirt stall with no control. Pure adrenaline rush! 4. NO control of radio, navigation, climate, blue tooth phone interface.....Oh wait, it works. Nope, it doesn't work. Shoot, I am locked up and can't get to my destination, and my phone is disabled because the blue tooth has locked it up. Seriously. Let me turn my car off for 10 minutes... shoot, now 20 minutes... darn it didn't reset. Help!

5. Fred Flintstone transmission..Wiiiiilllllmmmmaaaa! 6.Overly sensitive... more sensitive than mother in law back up camera. If an ant so much crosses your drive way, your brakes are slamming and your coffee is saluting your headliner! 7. Strange burning smell from engine compartment...like electrical fire...mind you I have 13,500 miles...hmmm, nice. 8. Detailing trim around window came off and get this, it snapped on with no fasteners... and guess what, it snapped off with no fasteners. Use some epoxy people!!!! 9. Phantom air conditioning..... boooooo! Will sometimes turn on for no reason...pretty spooky when traveling and then someone starts blowing on your toes.

10. For $31,000 I could have bought 5 Toyota Camary's with 300,000 miles on them and been better off than this giant heap of cow manure has given me.. .at least there is a use for cow manure. 11. I wish I was an ambulance chaser legal professional. I would be licking my chops at the huge class action lawsuit potential, this has house in Naples kind of pay-offs. Moohahahaha!

Please please whatever you do NEVER and I mean NEVER purchase a JEEP Cherokee. If you do, make sure that you take out a REALLY REALLY big life insurance policy and get seriously maimed or better yet killed and your family will be celebrating by marathon legal proceedings with the most incompetent car manufacturer in the world. Just don't take my word for it. Read on! Good riddance.....

I got bamboozled into the design and attractiveness of the car. Looks aren't everything. But they are the only thing this piece of junk has to offer. Great gift for that unsuspecting mother-in-law. Either she will have a breakdown, the car will breakdown, or you will be inline for some nice inheritance when your gift decides to lock up on I-75 doing 75mph. As Clark W Griswold said, "I need a Tylenol!" You won't be saying, "It's only a minor flesh wound" with this heap of junk.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2015

Just wanted to warn Jeep owners or possible Jeep owners about my experience with a 2014 Jeep Trailhawk. After 4 months of ownership, my wife was involved in a head on collision where a man ran his truck into her. My pregnant daughter and 14 month old grandson were also in the vehicle. I am a firefighter and was the first on scene to set up command on the accident. Imagine my horror when I found my family involved. Let me just say that thankfully, all were transported to the ER and suffered minor injuries. No thanks to the airbags as none of them deployed.

I contacted Jeep and the NHTSA to file a report. Jeep sent an investigator who gathered information that was sent to Jeep engineers. I got a reply from a Lisa ** that basically said your vehicle did not meet the deceleration limits. My wife was driving approximately 45 MPH at the time of the accident. From that to a complete stop did not set off the airbags. Now as a firefighter, I have seen several hundred wrecks in my career and have been to many where airbags deployed at far lesser speeds. As this concerned me, I attempted to contact Lisa. After several weeks of getting her voice message box full, I was finally able to leave her a message to please contact me as I had some questions about their findings. No reply.

I contacted Jeep's complaint department several times and was finally emailed by the investigation group. Here is part of what they sent me. "The air bag system in your Cherokee is designed to supplement the protection offered by safety belts in an impact of sufficient severity. Air bags are intended to deploy only in full frontal crashes, or certain types of side and rollover crashes. Deployment is not based upon vehicle speed; rather, deployment is based upon the rate of deceleration as measured by the forces of gravity (G force) upon the various acceleration-type impact sensors, or by a pressure wave within a front door as measured by the pressure-type impact sensor."

I am not wanting to sue or do anything of that nature as again, my family came through with minor injuries. I just wanted some reassurance that if you pay several thousand dollars for a vehicle, the safety features would work. I did not get that from letters that, in my opinion, are generic in nature. This was a full frontal crash with no airbag deployment. My wife and daughter both stated they were very much involved in a very violent, abrupt incident. Just wanted to warn owners and potential owners of what happened to us. (We did have the vehicle in a month prior to get the side airbag recall taken care of.)

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I decided to make this post in regards to my recent issues with Jeep. But first I would like to start by saying that I love Jeep. I have had quite a few, and I love the Wrangler and always have. Fast forward to my current situation. I purchased my Jeep Cherokee in March. 2 weeks after I bought it I was taking it to the shop for hard shifting, and bucking. The dealership told me they just needed to "reset" it so I went along with it. April it's back in the shop and it's worse this time. Take it back and again we "reset" it. May came and the car's engine light came on, it stalls out in traffic and I almost get hit trying to take my son to school.

I take it back, they say there is nothing wrong and they reset again. So this month my engine light came on driving to school. Took it to a mechanic and they read the code and it was the transmission. I had had enough. I took it to the dealership and called Jeep. Everyone at Jeep in customer care was wonderful. The dealership told me it was a lemon. They replaced parts and the engine light is still coming on. The GM of the dealership called and even told jeep it was a lemon. The mechanic, the service advisor everyone told them so I got escalated in my case with Jeep.

The case manager Ashley is the nastiness person I have spoken to at Jeep. She refused to replace my car, told me lies about things the dealership said, and she even told me she would fix my car several time but I was not getting a new one. I told her yesterday that my car is unsafe and I refused to drive and pay good money for a car that does not run correctly and is unsafe. She said "well, that's not my problem. You aren't getting another car."

So I proceed to ask her "so you want me to drive my 4-year old son around in an unsafe vehicle because Jeep will not replace me with a new safe working car?" She said "yes that is what I am telling you." I am sorry but if I do get in an accident with this Jeep I will be holding Jeep personally responsible as well as Ashley from case management. When I explained to her everything I was told by the dealership and the customer care and she went on to tell me that they were all misinformed and she was the only person whose decision mattered. She lied about what the GM is saying about my car and I know this because I have been speaking with them every day.

I will be continuing to post this issue on the internet and social media until my issues are resolved to my request for a new working product. I love Jeep but this Ashley person has made a very bad impression on me as to the jeep name. It is sad that the Jeep Cherokee has the number one complaint, and my jeep is having textbook issues to all the complaints. It is absolutely ridiculous that they will not replace my product with a different working safe vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

2015 Jeep Cherokee - 2 recalls, transmission shifts like garbage, flat spot with acceleration and my GPS does not work... Thank God I leased this garbage.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

20k miles into our 2014 Jeep Cherokee we have to replace the engine. The car was problematic from about 15k and the transmission would lag from brand new. This car is horrible, and the only thing that would fix this car is getting a refund of some sort, but that would never happen.

Jeep Cherokee Company Information