Save on Car Repairs

Compare Quotes
1.52/5
Based on 277 reviews that contain star ratings

Ford F-250/F-350

The Ford F-250/F-350 is part of the Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

364 Ford F-250/F-350 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After 25 years and 11 Ford Vehicles of loyal ownership both Auburn, CA Ford and Ford Motor Company have let me down. I purchased a F-250 Lariat and within 8 months I had a list of problems that they refused to address because they were intermittent or because they claimed "all of them are that way". After finally giving up with getting any help from the Auburn Ford Service Department, I wrote a letter to Ford Motor Company asking for support. Their response was to work it out with the dealership. I returned the vehicle after only 8 months for a loss of $16,000 (taxes and depreciation). I have since purchased a 2013 Dodge Ram and a 2018 Jaguar F-Pace and I cannot tell you how happy I am with my new vehicles. After a lifetime of Ford vehicles, I admit I miss being a Ford owner, but I will never own another Ford vehicle again unless by some miracle they can re-earn my trust.

Issues within 8 months of purchase: Faulty Paint job on roof (Ford fixed - thank you). Diesel Emissions Fluid system failed (Auburn Ford - fixed, but it messed up my vacation plans since I had to leave the vehicle for repairs and they would not fix until the following week). Stereo on the fritz after heavy rain. Volume would auto-increase and it would continuously skip channels (Auburn Ford - "It's not doing it now, so we can't do anything about it"). Front-end intermittently locking up on slow turns (Auburn Ford - "Our mechanic took it around the block and it didn't do it, so we cannot fix it"). Sunroof shade took nearly 2 hands to open and close (Auburn Ford - "We lubed it up, but they are all that way"). Loud Vacuum Hiss from passenger side dash when climate control is on (Auburn Ford - "They all do that"). Climate Control would not resume to Auto after a remote start (Auburn Ford - "We don't know why it is doing that and don't know how to fix it").

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a 2015 F250 6.7 diesel for pulling my 5th wheel from a Ford dealer with 17,000 miles. When I start from a start pulling my 5th wheel, the truck shakes like it is going to explode. I take to dealer and they have a mechanic look at it and he tells me it is because I put weight in the bed that causes the u joints to 'bend' too much. (the bed lowers 1/2 " when I hook up the 5th wheel). I about die laughing and explain I have always owned Ford trucks and have pulled my 5th wheel with a couple of them as well as pulling/hauling much heavier loads and never experienced this problem. With a straight face, he tells me the truck is not designed to haul anything. FORD WILL NOT SERVICE THE TRUCK.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My Ford 2017 F350 with 17000 miles started leaking power steering fluid so I took it to the dealer for repairs under warranty since it's just a year old. The dealer said it would take 40 days to get the part so it's just sitting in the shop. Just wanted to share my story.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a new 2015 F-250 diesel a couple of years ago. In June I had it in the shop 4 times (once it stayed in two weeks). They replaced the DEF pump, the Turbo, a solenoid valve, and an ERG valve. I got about three check engine lights after that. They assured me that the truck was "Learning". I was supposed to go to a family reunion in Indiana so I took off feeling good about the repairs. When I got to Arkansas I had a check engine light that said "In 15 miles your speed will be limited to 15 mph". Kind of hard to get to Indiana at that speed. I took it to the Ford place in Arkadelphia and they cleared the code. It happened again the next day. On the third day I was in Hot Springs. It happened again. I traded the damn thing off for a 2018 King Ranch F-150. The F-250 only had 40,000 miles on it but could not keep it running. I figure the trade cost me about $10,000.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 2017 Ford F350 DRW has been, during the past several weeks, having one wheel after the other develop slow leaks. Tire company determined problem occurs where valve stem meets alloy wheel. Ford acts like Sgt. Schultz (Hogan's Heroes) even though replacement wheels have not even been available. They did advise me that extended warranty would not cover such a problem, So much for my $5,000 extended warranty, and maybe so much for Ford caring about customer loyalty or safety. Yes, Ford this is a safety issue! Don't wait 'til somebody gets seriously injured or dies. Didn't you learn anything from the Pinto debacle? My 1 star rating applies to this issue only. Overall, I give the truck 4 stars, but Ford has not been taking seriously this safety issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?

Original review: July 15, 2018

My new truck only had a little more than 4000 miles on it. I parked my truck on the side of my house on 6//15/18 and stood outside the vehicle with the door open. I heard a loud clunk noise and my truck started rolling down the hill. I was hit by the open door and went down the hill with it part way. I have been without my vehicle for a month. This is a dangerous defect that could have cost me to lose my life or someone else's. I have had no contact from Ford regarding this complaint, although I have a claim number from their customer service line. I am extremely disappointed in their lack of concern for their defective vehicle.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have a 178000 mile 2008 Ford F-250 truck. 10 years ago she was worth $43000 off the lot. Today I can't give it away. She is so rusted right through in spots that I had no idea water can even get to. It is un-drivable. Rust falls out the bottom of the box when you put anything in it. The bed supports are completely deteriorated. I've spent countless dollars just trying to keep it going despite the rust. It's sad to think that a truck as expensive as they are would have such a short lifespan. Would never buy another one, would never recommend that anyone buy one ever. Pretty sure next time I start it up the engine will break free from the frame.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We love our Ford F-250. The truck rides good and is very comfortable and very smooth riding especially on long road trips and we pass on messed up roads you don't feel the holes in the road like we used to! I love that the truck gets good mileage and has a lumbar support in the seats that is good for your back. I also love that you fold down the back seat and gives you room to put everything you need in the back seat. We don't have to pull over and take everything out the bed of the truck and move it to the inside. It also has a lot of leg room in the truck and the front seats lay back so you can rest while one is driving. I love that you can adjust the seats to your comfort and never have to struggle to reach the gas pedal or brakes.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have a 2005 Ford F-350. I love Ford trucks and diesel trucks. Sadly I gave the dastardly 6.0 litre engine. Had to have it rebuilt properly at 48k miles. Ford won't take responsibility. Shame on them. Ford knows how to make diesel tough no holds barred better than other mfgs. They have good engine and running parts. I haven't overloaded this truck... yet. I have overloaded every truck I've owned but the Ford diesel. When you are responsible for major mfg errors own up and pay your fair share, don't snub your customers over greed/Profits. It's a slap in the face to the lifetime Ford purchasers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I love our Ford F-350. Husband uses it to tow the boat and I get to drive it whenever. We have had it for a year now and I love when people see me get out of it and ask me if it's my daddy's but of course it isn't. "It's mine and my husband's," I like to tell people. It's got seat heaters, which are a must for me. I like the year too, it's a 2014. It's for a good engine and it has been good to us so far. But I would change the color to black and get different rims. And then, the monthly payment is high.

Ford F-250/F-350 Company Information