3.80/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford F-250/F-350

The Ford F-250/F-350 is part of the Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford F-250/F-350 Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

2018 Ford F-350 King Ranch. Started with the death wobble at 17,000 miles. It’s been to the dealership 11 times since I bought it brand new. I haven’t had the truck for 7 weeks now. Waiting on Ford to figure out what’s wrong with it. The dealership has changed every part on the front. They have been trying to get approval to replace the entire front axle for the last 4 weeks, Ford has been wasting my time and ignoring me. I have 17 Fords in my fleet ranging from 2003 to 2019. I have tried everything, I’ve talked to multiple reps including a fleet rep. Nothing.

I love the trucks but Ford lost a customer that buys 2-3 truck a year. Not to mention the amount of money we spend in parts a year at the Ford dealership. The dealership has shown me all of their communications with Ford. It’s not the dealership, it’s Ford. I know every brand will have an issue and that is acceptable, it’s how they resolve the issue that makes them a good brand. Where will I start my new fleet account is the question? GMC? Chevy? Dodge? It’s just a tough decision! I’ve been a Ford guy all my life. I have a 1937 original Gulf Oil stake body Ford sitting in my garage in perfect condition. Could I park a different brand next to it?

Original review: June 17, 2019

I purchased a 2017 Ford F-250 diesel Lariat. It has been the best vehicle purchase I have ever made. I couldn’t be happier with the product and Ford has stood by us and fixed every problem we have had (2-3 thus far). We have not paid a dime out of pocket for it and the value is still holding strong. Will continue to buy and recommend Ford products!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased a new 2019 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel, STX package. While the actual dealership experience was horrible, the truck itself is even worse. While driving the truck to various vendors to get prices on window tinting the truck began to "miss" terrible and the "wrench" light came on. The truck went into limp mode and would not go over 30MPH. I limped the truck to the nearest Ford dealership (3 miles). Long story short they kept the truck and ran a pinpoint test on it and determined that it needed 8 fuel injectors and 2 fuel return lines. The truck had a whopping 408 miles on it.

Ford will not replace the truck as they say it does not meet the criteria to be bought back. The truck has been transferred to the dealership it was purchased from and we have not gotten any further along than when it broke down. I have been solely a Ford vehicle purchaser my entire life. It may be time for me to break from the ranks and try a different manufacturer. So my $47,000 truck sits in the shop while the interest on my loan has started.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Diesel exhaust system has failed resulting in need for service 8 times including replacement of sensors and chemical cleaning at owner's expense. First time at 23K miles. Remaining seven times within next 28k. Service department says it shouldn't happen this often but says Ford won't pay to fix the problem and refuses to do anything about it. During this process I have received extensive conflicting direction from the dealer service personnel regarding what would constitute proper use of this vehicle in order to maintain function. Latest advice from Phil Long Ford service managers and diesel technician is to remove exhaust filtration system. This would be ILLEGAL.

So, my $65,000 F250 is unusable for anything other than scrap metal and Ford's best advice is to do something illegal in order to make it work at all. Ford corporate service number has resulted in unacknowledged emails, phone mail messages that cannot be deciphered, and phone contacts that never answer the phone. I believe Ford's definition of business ethics is "anything you can get away with".

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

After 25 years and 11 Ford Vehicles of loyal ownership both Auburn, CA Ford and Ford Motor Company have let me down. I purchased a F-250 Lariat and within 8 months I had a list of problems that they refused to address because they were intermittent or because they claimed "all of them are that way". After finally giving up with getting any help from the Auburn Ford Service Department, I wrote a letter to Ford Motor Company asking for support. Their response was to work it out with the dealership. I returned the vehicle after only 8 months for a loss of $16,000 (taxes and depreciation). I have since purchased a 2013 Dodge Ram and a 2018 Jaguar F-Pace and I cannot tell you how happy I am with my new vehicles. After a lifetime of Ford vehicles, I admit I miss being a Ford owner, but I will never own another Ford vehicle again unless by some miracle they can re-earn my trust.

Issues within 8 months of purchase: Faulty Paint job on roof (Ford fixed - thank you). Diesel Emissions Fluid system failed (Auburn Ford - fixed, but it messed up my vacation plans since I had to leave the vehicle for repairs and they would not fix until the following week). Stereo on the fritz after heavy rain. Volume would auto-increase and it would continuously skip channels (Auburn Ford - "It's not doing it now, so we can't do anything about it"). Front-end intermittently locking up on slow turns (Auburn Ford - "Our mechanic took it around the block and it didn't do it, so we cannot fix it"). Sunroof shade took nearly 2 hands to open and close (Auburn Ford - "We lubed it up, but they are all that way"). Loud Vacuum Hiss from passenger side dash when climate control is on (Auburn Ford - "They all do that"). Climate Control would not resume to Auto after a remote start (Auburn Ford - "We don't know why it is doing that and don't know how to fix it").

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a 2015 F250 6.7 diesel for pulling my 5th wheel from a Ford dealer with 17,000 miles. When I start from a start pulling my 5th wheel, the truck shakes like it is going to explode. I take to dealer and they have a mechanic look at it and he tells me it is because I put weight in the bed that causes the u joints to 'bend' too much. (the bed lowers 1/2 " when I hook up the 5th wheel). I about die laughing and explain I have always owned Ford trucks and have pulled my 5th wheel with a couple of them as well as pulling/hauling much heavier loads and never experienced this problem. With a straight face, he tells me the truck is not designed to haul anything. FORD WILL NOT SERVICE THE TRUCK.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My Ford 2017 F350 with 17000 miles started leaking power steering fluid so I took it to the dealer for repairs under warranty since it's just a year old. The dealer said it would take 40 days to get the part so it's just sitting in the shop. Just wanted to share my story.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I bought a new 2015 F-250 diesel a couple of years ago. In June I had it in the shop 4 times (once it stayed in two weeks). They replaced the DEF pump, the Turbo, a solenoid valve, and an ERG valve. I got about three check engine lights after that. They assured me that the truck was "Learning". I was supposed to go to a family reunion in Indiana so I took off feeling good about the repairs. When I got to Arkansas I had a check engine light that said "In 15 miles your speed will be limited to 15 mph". Kind of hard to get to Indiana at that speed. I took it to the Ford place in Arkadelphia and they cleared the code. It happened again the next day. On the third day I was in Hot Springs. It happened again. I traded the damn thing off for a 2018 King Ranch F-150. The F-250 only had 40,000 miles on it but could not keep it running. I figure the trade cost me about $10,000.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 2017 Ford F350 DRW has been, during the past several weeks, having one wheel after the other develop slow leaks. Tire company determined problem occurs where valve stem meets alloy wheel. Ford acts like Sgt. Schultz (Hogan's Heroes) even though replacement wheels have not even been available. They did advise me that extended warranty would not cover such a problem, So much for my $5,000 extended warranty, and maybe so much for Ford caring about customer loyalty or safety. Yes, Ford this is a safety issue! Don't wait 'til somebody gets seriously injured or dies. Didn't you learn anything from the Pinto debacle? My 1 star rating applies to this issue only. Overall, I give the truck 4 stars, but Ford has not been taking seriously this safety issue.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My new truck only had a little more than 4000 miles on it. I parked my truck on the side of my house on 6//15/18 and stood outside the vehicle with the door open. I heard a loud clunk noise and my truck started rolling down the hill. I was hit by the open door and went down the hill with it part way. I have been without my vehicle for a month. This is a dangerous defect that could have cost me to lose my life or someone else's. I have had no contact from Ford regarding this complaint, although I have a claim number from their customer service line. I am extremely disappointed in their lack of concern for their defective vehicle.

Ford F-250/F-350 Company Information