Ford F-250/F-350

Compare Car Models

Research top Car Models recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I will add to the hundreds of complaints about blown motors in Ford Super duty trucks. I have an 08' King Ranch I bought with 5000 miles on it in 08' Blew the first 6.4 diesel engine at 136,000 miles. Put another in that blew after about 10,000 miles. I can't believe Ford does nothing and our government does not make them do something. When you pay 50 grand for a truck, a diesel that should run forever and it blows before a gas engine... Crazy. I will never buy another Ford anything and suggest you do the same... You're talking 10s of thousands of blown motors and Ford doesn't do a thing... Putting a cummins in it now!!!

We have 2013 Ford F350 with only 30,800 miles on it. The transmission went out just driving down the road. Roadside service towed it to the local dealer Clay Maxey Ford. They told us in the beginning it needed a new transmission. The dealer said they were not aware of any issues with these transmission and they had NEVER rebuilt one, made us real confident in their ability. They said they had to tear the transmission down to prove to Ford where the problem was. The whole transmission was shot. There is a "cost cap" report from Ford that tells the dealer what to do. Even though every part of the transmission was ruined except the case, the cost cap said to repair because this was the cheapest way for Ford.

We asked if we could talk to someone but there wasn't a name for the engineer. So, we call the regional manager who said she couldn't help, customer service told us it was a dead end, and left message with Ms. ** customer service manager who never called us back. This truck was not cheap but Ford is cheap. We never had a say in the rebuilt transmission which makes our truck worth less money but Ford did not care.

We have owned 7 Fords and 4 of these were brand new, 3 coming from our local dealership. We said if this truck had 90k miles we could understand rebuilding the transmission but it has only 30k. Since our truck was paid for, they gave us a check for 710.14 since it took 5 weeks to fix it. All we wanted was for them to do what was right and put in a new transmission. We were very disappointed with the whole situation. We won't own another Ford because they don't care about their customers after they get your money. Buy a Chevy or a Dodge but bypass a Ford.

Owned 2 diesel Fords. The 350 went south at 107,000 had to replace entire engine - $15,000. Did Ford offer any assistance --- NO... F-250 went south at 107,000 miles - entire fuel system has to be replaced at a Ford cost of approx. $10,000 -- told Ford dealer could not pay that much. Had to go to an independent at a cost of $7,500 (fully certified mechanics). Has Ford offered any help – NO > HELL NO. Both are late models - 2013 & 2015. Screw Ford Motor Co. Our fleet has 2 Chevy's, one at 400,000 miles & one at 250,000 - neither have EVER been in repair shop. Yep - we were 'fools' to buy 2 Fords.

2010 F-350 with the 6.4L. Purchased it used in 2015 with 85,000 km on it. It ran well for the first 5000 km. First problem I had was the serpentine belt breaking while at highway speed. In that first year I had to do the block heater, a ball joint twice, vacuum and solenoid for 4x4, tie-rod, rear plug bracket, and starter motor. In 2016, I had to do the ABS, fix a radiator leak, replace the alternator, replace transmission control module, torque converter and fuel coolant cooler. These problems were all minor compared to replacing the entire engine due to the crankshaft snapping at 139,000 kms. In just over two years, it has cost $27,000 in repairs let alone other routine maintenance. Ford, as well as the dealer, were as helpful and useful as herpes.

They seemed to imply that all these problems were my fault by saying that "the life expectancy depends on how, when, and where the vehicle is driven." Yes, I used this truck for work and hauled a dump trailer with it; however, it's supposed to be a 1 ton truck with towing/hauling capabilities. It's not like I was towing a 7 ton trailer behind a Fiesta and acting incredulous as to why the engine blew. They also told me that they hoped the safety ratings of their vehicles would make me consider buying a Ford again. Sure, as if a belt snapping and an engine breaking at highway speeds is safe. Having said this, of course this vehicle is safe, it spends an inordinate amount of time dead in the driveway, behind a tow truck, or on a hoist. Never again will I buy a Ford. Seriously, this is the most high maintenance thing in my life.

It's an amazing truck BUT service is the worst I have ever seen. I screwed up my truck, I will take ownership of that but it's now been 2 weeks and they not only can't get parts to fit it, they can't even tell me when I will get the parts, they have said 2 weeks or 2 months no clue. They won't take them from new build trucks that will sit on the lot to fix a truck that's used daily to make a living. Worst service yet of any car I ever bought. Chevy tons better, Benz tons better, Porsche tons better. Ford bad bad bad. If not resolved soon I will contact my attorney and Better Business locally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford?

First of all I would like Ford Owners to know If you have 250/350/450 diesel the Warranty for the powertrain is 100,000 miles. Having said that, it seems like Ford is not honoring them any how and the Regional Manager From Ford told Me "Good Luck. We're not helping out with anything. No matter how many Ford Trucks you have bought in the past, you should have bought an extended warranty." I am on my 4th Ford F250. This is a 2014 F250 Diesel and It's the only F250 I have had that I drove to the 103,000 mile mark since new. Dealer has serviced this vehicle since I bought it new every time, and all filters etc. at 103,000 miles. My check engine light came on and the truck was sputtering and unable to achieve more than 45mph.

I took it to the dealership and was told that in order to look at it and diagnose it they would need to "remove the valve covers and Injectors" because there was no diagnostic code and that they suspect its in the fuel delivery system. The price was 1900.00+ to do this. After much regret I said ok. 1 week later, "Well it's got a few injectors out and it's gonna be 3000.00+ to fix," again I said OK. 1 week later... "Well Mr. **, I have some "bad news". Your whole fuel System needs to be replaced and The cost for the "FORD FUEL KIT REPLACEMENT" is 8000.00 + (still have the voicemail). 2 days later the Price jumps to 11000.00 and I was told by the dealership that this is covered under my car insurance policy because the problem was caused by bad diesel from the gas station. OK, Called my Insurance Company (GEICO) and Sure enough the agent told me I was covered and that they would send out an adjuster.

2 Days later An adjuster comes out and writes it all up and assures me I was Covered as it looks like bad fuel from a gas station. 1 week later... Nothing. 1 more week later... nothing. 3 weeks later I finally Called my Insurance and they said, "Well. We are ruling this a mechanical Failure and therefore are not going to be paying for the damages because this is a "Known Issue With Ford" and Ford Is doing nothing to fix their issue." Well ** Howdy! Got a call today from the dealership and since the injectors went out it also created other issues within the cylinders and now the whole motor needs to be replaced for 20k dollars, all because of "contaminated Fuel" So Evidently Ford Fuel Systems in the diesel motors is faulty and corrodes quite often in these trucks. According to Ford It's also not covered under warranty anyhow.

So obviously I will not be buying FORD anymore. I will say that if and when someone steps up to plate and rights this wrong somehow, Ford will continue to Treat their customers like crap and will continue to get away with making an inferior product while their customers and insurance companies are footing the bills for this COMMON PROBLEM THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN RECALLED YEARS AGO.

I find myself asking this Question, "Why does this not happen to Other Brands of Diesel Trucks"? After all the complaints and Known Issues, why does Ford continue using this faulty fuel system? When is Ford going to hire competent and knowledgeable customer service representatives and Regional Managers that will Take care of their Customers and issues that arise? Well People, again I say they won't because It's not Profitable to do so. BUY A FORD SUPER DUTY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THE FUEL SYSTEM WILL FAIL. IT's NOT A MATTER OF IF BUT WHEN. Thank you and remember... Ford ain't the best in Texas no more!!

Build Date: 10/17/16. Assembly Plant: Kentucky. On 3/16/17 our mechanic proceeded to move our newly acquired 2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7. Upon start the mechanic heard a loud rattling coming from the lower engine area. In addition the dashboard display showed a malfunction indicator lamp - Warning Low Oil Pressure and the Oil Pressure Gauge read 0. As this vehicle only had 786 miles we immediately called the Dealer. Our mechanics were instructed to not start it again and to immediately call Roadside Assistance and have it towed to a Ford Dealer.

The same day we had it towed to ** Ford. We spoke with ** Ford and their Service Manager indicated that the vehicle had been evaluated and that no problems were found. He said there was no noise coming from motor, no screen displays, oil pressure was good, vehicle was started cold, oil was full and no codes. We suggested they keep the vehicle for a few days to see if it continued to function normally or would it repeat the action we described. As this vehicle is listed as affected on Fords TSB 16U32 we are concerned that damage has already occurred and the engine again may lack oil pressure due to concerns with the Oil Pump.

We then spoke with our Customer Service Regional Manager who in turn reached out to ** Ford. ** said they have started the vehicle over a dozen times and cannot duplicate what we originally reported. Roadside Assistance will not pay for another tow but did suggest if we are uncomfortable with the results from ** Ford that we should consider taking it to another dealer for another look.

As we have said to all, we are not comfortable driving this vehicle down the highway wondering if the motor is going to fail. The Customer Service rep stated that these vehicles are designed to handle safely when any failure occurs but I think it would take a qualified driver to handle a 11,500 lb vehicle going 75 mph in the passing lane if the motor quit. Safety is our #1 concern. Has anyone out there had any issues like this with the NEW2017 6.7 Diesel. Please email me at **.

2001 F250 5.4 engine - Purchased used from local new car dealer, started missing badly, took to mechanic. 3 coils bad, 1 spark plug loose, has been heli-coil but incorrectly installed, 2 plugs were installed with liquid steel so deep spark plug socket would not fit. FORD's better IDEAL, I don't think so and add a ignorant, cheap previous owner... SUCKS FOR ME.

2011 F-350 6.7 Diesel King Ranch - First and last Ford in many years. Will never let another one into my yard. First - two years of ownership had to replace heater plenum behind dash as it would not switch from dash air to anything else. Cost 2700.00. DEF heater cost 800.00. Battery light came on - changed batteries 300.00, changed alternator - over 500.00. Spent ten months going back to dealership. Finally found broken wire inside harness so I was told. Cost over 1000.00. This repair lasted just over one year. Battery light is now back on. If I could get rid of this piece of ** I would be a happy man.

I purchased a 2015 F 250 Super Duty 'loaded'. I also purchased the Premium warranty. I had one problem that took my pickup out of my hands for over two weeks while it was being repaired. Warranty covered it all. That was what I expected. However, my check engine light came on two days ago. I took it to Rogers Ford, Midland, Texas. VERY nice folks! Well, I get a call the next day saying my warranty will not cover the 'particulate accumulator' (Part # FC3Z 5H270 A) since my mileage is over 50,000 miles. My warranty is good until 125,000 miles.

My service agent checked again and she said that the U.S. government will not allow warranties to cover this part after 50,000 miles and I have to pay the cost. $3,579.01!!! I am not upset with Roger Ford, however, I feel that I was taken to the cleaners. Another thing that is strange is that when I paid they said, "Ok, the part is under a two-year, unlimited warranty". SO why was it not then and is now. I paid $4,200 for my warranty and it should cover it. I am going to have an attorney look at my warranty contract and see if I can do anything. I am also wondering if this may grow into a class action suit. Thank you.

I am new to this but just had to file complaint. My truck is a 2014 F-350 Super Duty with 106,000 km probably around 60,000 miles. Well warranty expired at 100 and yup death wobble just starts. Been told it's the tracking arm and hopefully that's it, but I've owned other trucks that have easily surpassed the 200,000 mark with no major problems. For 77000 dollars you would think it would last a little longer than that. Only thing replaced were winter tires, exactly same size, tire pressure fine, checked regularly. Needless to say last time I buy ford and not even going to use a capital "f".

I purchased this truck brand new and have had nothing but trouble with it. It is currently at the dealership and has been for over 6 weeks. On 01/10/2017 I was told it was fixed and come and get it. This is the fourth time I have been told it was fixed and picked it up and never made it more than 6 blocks and the check engine light and reduced power comes on. Ford corporate knows about this truck and so far has not made any satisfactory moves to help. I have tried to trade it back to the dealership and they want nothing to do with it.

The truck only has 37k miles on it. I spoke with an attorney at the State Attorney's office and was told this case more than met the rules for Iowa Lemon Law, but I will have to hire an attorney to make Ford Motor Company to do what is right. In the last 20 years I have bought at least 10 brand new Ford vehicles and this is the only one that has ever been such a problem. In closing I must say my local selling dealer has been golden. They know FMC should own up to the problem and make it right but their hands are tied.

2015 truck was purchased NEW. Has 14 k on it. In the dealer for its 2nd turbo... in (eleven months ago) and 8 thousand miles. Dealer said I don't drive it enough??? Very disappointed in this purchase. Now once again I'm without a truck for 10 days!!! Ford best built?? Most dependable??? Not on this planet. I own a small business just outside Chicago... I'm gonna tell all 13000 customers a year what a POS Ford makes.

Ok so I purchased a 2006 6.0. Had issues with it. Traded it on a brand new 2012 F-250 Lariat with the 6.7 around 80,000 miles. Had to put it in the shop for 2 def sensors. Dealership told me warranty only covers 1 of the sensors. So I asked how much were the sensors. The cheapest of the 2 was the one covered under warranty... Go figure. After throwing a fit, they reduced the price from like 200 to 80 bucks. Not long after that the wastegate solenoid went out. Warrant did cover this.

Got back on the road and it wasn't long before 1 def sensor went out again. Left me stranded in deep South TX on the side of the highway. Finally got it towed to a dealership. It sat for 3 days before they could get it fixed. So back on the road my mileage is right at 100,300 and my truck says pull over immediately. As I'm approaching the red light my speed was around 15 mph and literally just dies right in the middle of the road. Had it towed to the dealership I originally bought the truck from and they kept it for a day or so before telling me that my fuel system is history. They said I had too much water in my fuel system. I asked the cost and they told me $10,000 for parts and labor.

While I was at the Ford place there were 2 guys checking their trucks in for the same reasons. A few days before this incident I had my truck in for service along with filter replacement. The owner of the Ford place told me "well you have over 100,000 miles on your truck. These things happen." Claiming this on insurance was clearly out of question but I tried. So after a month of it being in the shop they lowered the price down to $8,000.00. I had no choice I owed 20,000 on the truck so like any other Ford owner I bent over and bit the bullet.

After no problems for the rest of the year I went and shopped around for trading it in. Unfortunately Chevrolet, Toyota offered me a very little price for my trade in. I ended going back to Ford same dealership owner different town and got $25,000 on trade in. I bought another 6.7 diesel brand new in March of 2016. Now I'm having trouble with the Ford sync system, hill descent, traction control and backup camera malfunctions from time to time. I've taken to the Ford place several times and all they say is "well it's not showing the errors on the dash so we can't diagnose the issue."

Finally got it in when the hill descent and traction control were showing on the dash. Replaced those and still to this day of 1-12-17 still randomly popping up on my dash for hill descent and traction control. They told me that they will need to keep the truck for a few days "but we don't have any availability on loamerican vehicles." The end!! Haha bite the bullet and get rid of that 6.7 Powerstroke.

2006 F250- gas- we experienced the Ford Death Wobble going 65 mph down I-5 in the center lane. Scare the crap outta me. If you have experienced this, pay attention to whether it was a pothole, bump in the road or what that occurred when you had that problem. For me, it was a bridge expansion joint. We fixed the problem ourselves by replacing front stabilizer and front shocks. A friend that had the same problem on his 96 F350 cured the problem by replacing the front stabilizer with a dual front stabilizer he did himself. The Ford mechanics will try to sell you everything in the book, but we bought the parts off Amazon, and fixed them ourselves... No more problem.

2006 superduty F350 6.0 diesel engine will not stop leaking oil, engine has been out 3 times. The BIG PROBLEM IS FORD~ THEY WILL NOT HELP... Nice looking truck but the engine is under built = not my words the dealers. FOUR of them they said it was a design flaw and impossible to correct. The truck has 70,000 mi. To fix the engine is about $ 8000.00 but might last 1mi. or not.

I have had 6 New Fords since 1999 5-F250's and 1-F-150. I have had 2-6.0's, 1-7.3 and now a 6.7. I have never had a problem with any of my trucks only normal maintenance. As far as I am concerned they don't even make another kind of truck, when I need a new one it is always Ford. I never look at anything else.

I would like to start off by saying I've been a loyal Ford customer for 35 years. Never again. I had a 2012 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat $65,000 truck. Paid extra money to extend the warranty to 100,000 miles instead of the standard $60,004. I was on my way to South Dakota for the Sturgis Rally August of 2015 and I guess the motor blew. I was Towing my father-in-law's 37 foot toy hauler, a couple Harleys in the back moving right along and next thing you know the truck just started shaking ungodly and the motor died. It cost me $1,000 to tow the truck to Sturgis Ford being the closest Ford dealership and when I got there the service manager told me that he wished he had not seen this problem with this motor before the 6.7 diesel.

Okay I turn around I Calkins Ford's customer service and after three or four days finally they get back to me offering me $4,000 for the $16,000 motor. The motor had to be changed. It spun a rod bearing. The rod bearing exploded shrapnel the motor. Very very disappointed. This was my first F350 Super Duty that I've had. Every other one I got 350 to 400 thousand miles on it. While dealing with customer service they ask for copies of my maintenance records. Of course all maintenance was done by the Ford dealership here in Loveland Colorado and again nothing better than the offer of $4,000 towards a $16,000 repair.

By this point I'm pretty pissed so after going back and forth back and forth I pretty much told her that they could shut the truck. I wasn't making any more payments on it and that was it. I would never buy another Ford. Now they turned around and sold this vehicle at auction. Said they sold it for $20,000. Guy that bought it is saying he spent thirty thousand on it. My balance was $32,000 loan. What do you do if you believe you know what I'm saying? But there was a comment after reading these ConsumerAffairs things from a gentleman that I said "why isn't there a class action suit?" If there is any way somebody would want to get a class action suit going on I'd be more than happy help out with that entity. I want to put such as staying on board because their customer service is the worst.

I'm a vet and I am offended by their commercial saying that they are military grade. Well guess what? I was in the military and we were taught never to give up. There was only one way we're giving up and any vet is going to tell you the same thing. You're not giving up until you're dead. Well the truck was dead so Ford has no right and it's offensive to me and to me it's an insult to every branch of our military service. In the United States 440 use that as part of their commercial or a selling point. They might be the number one selling truck but they're not the number one truck. They are nowhere near the number one truck and a couple things. I really like this ConsumerAffairs.

I owned a 2004 Ford 6.0 diesel F350. It was complete junk. Changed the fuel, oil, and transmission filters regularly. At 65000 the head gasket blew. Warranty refused to cover the expense. Again at 115000 miles fixed again for $4,400. The third time at 160000 miles. I was glad to park it in the weeds. Bought a 2013 Ford F350 with the 6.7 diesel. The truck was pampered with all fluids and filters changed early. Died at a light today. Towed to Ford and they advised the high pressure fuel pump. But need to change complete fuel system. Only $10,000.00. The more I read the more I find that this is a common problem! And to top it off Ford said that the fix will not be covered under warranty. Back to Duramax...

In 2015 my 2012 F-250 was in the service center 90 days waiting for a glow plug module. This year (2016) it has been in the shop for three months waiting for parts and troubleshooting to resolve a lightning strike. I want to sell the truck, but Ford service delay has forced me into a new year which cost me in deflated value. The truck has only 21,000 miles logged. Ford has offered nothing in compensation for time lost in use of the vehicle. I not purchase another Ford Truck for any price.

I own a 2011 Ford F350 Diesel. The engine froze up after 27000 miles. I purchased truck 5 yrs, 8 months ago. My warranty 100,000, 5 yrs, sticker price $48000, I had it serviced religiously. After 8 months ago warranty no longer valid and Ford could care less, although they will buy the truck back for $20.000 so I would be out of pocket around $12000, the estimate for new engine $24000. I will never purchase a Ford again. Settling for a Ram Diesel, hearing they have transmission issues. The Ram also has the 100,000 mile, 5 yr, whatever comes first. What an expensive lesson.

My best friend has a 2005 F350 King Ranch Diesel 6.0. At 85000 miles the turbo came apart, shrapnel inside motor, head bolts R&R, cracked manifolds, EGR deleted. They needed to raise the cab off motor, what engineer came up with that? After $9500 he has decide to keep it, can't afford another truck for awhile. The certified Ford mechanic who made repairs said, he fixed everything Ford screwed up. What happened to the 7.3 power stroke with a good transmission behind it, oh ya no such thing? After over 25 yrs with Ford I have been forced to Ram Cummings Diesel.

Anyone with this 6.0 or the diesel that International designed is doomed to failure. I had two 2005 Ford 6.0, a F-350 & a F-450 with these engines. Between the two I spent $ 12,000.00 on them. Traveling to Va. from Maine I had my F-350 with truck camper break down 4 times on the trip to Va. The truck had less than 57,000 on it and it was out of warranty by 4 months. First fix was in Pa. where it needed a turbo (3rd one), went 119 miles and broke-down again. Second time, #1 injector failed, third time 300 mile later # 1-3-5-7 injectors failed, #1 was under warranty, fourth time turbo hose clamp broke and lost turbo pressure. The last repair I did myself at the dealership.

Ford would do nothing for us. I talked to all the techs at four different dealerships and they said no matter what you do to these engines they are trash. Just poorly engineered. My wife cried at the third engine failure. I spent $4,000.00 in repairs and $1000.00 in towing. I wish I knew how bad these were before buying them. I traded it (b/c I couldn't sell it with its reputation as a problem engine) and bought a 2011 Lariat Ford-350 6.7 diesel. Not a lot of miles on (25,000) it as of now but no engine problems. Only problems Ford sync is a disaster and Auto locking 4x4 hubs needed new seals b/c it was losing the vacuum to switch them back and forth. So take warning.

We bought our 2015 Ford F250 4x4 Diesel truck brand new. Within the 1st week it would violently shake when you get to 45-55mph or in between gears. We took it to the dealership and they said it was from the exhaust brake and we needed to down shift when it would do this. Well that didn't work. We took it back again. They said there was nothing they can do. This is a $60,000 truck and should not be doing this. Ford will do nothing about it. I have grown up with Fords and I will never buy another one due to this issue and Ford's lack of resolving it or making it better.

2014 f-350 super duty - Bought a new F350 Diesel, 6.7. So far engine running great although my big problem seems to be the suspension. The first problem came at about 55k miles. I developed what was commonly known as the death wobble. According to the Ford dealership, the death wobble hasn't existed for 10 yrs or so, but all the symptoms pointed to it. After doing some research of my own the conclusion I came up with was replacing the stock steering stabilizer. Haven't had a recurrence...yet.

However I purchased a new set of 4 Cooper A/T3 tires. After about maybe 5k miles I had a major vibration in the front end at approximately 40-45 mph. At 50 it would even out but at higher speeds would return. The steering wheel would actually shake in my hands. The dealer said it was wheel bearings, so they were replaced. The vibration was still there. They then said it was my tires. After a lot of convincing my tires were replace...all 4. The vibration is still there now quite noticeable in the rear. The seat shakes again at about 35-45 mph. The dealer has no idea what the problem is and how it should be addressed.

Bought a new Ford 6.7 Diesel F450. The first engine blew up at 20K. Engine was rebuilt by Ford and except for the expensive tow the motor was paid for by Ford. Now at 160k we lost a cylinder and we are forced with another expensive rebuild, 15k-20K. Having invested in the POS 6.0 motor in 2007 and already been through the suffering that is Ford, I can't support Ford Motors.

Son gave us his F250 truck so I could haul my husband and his power wheelchair... Ford sucks is all I can say, driving to one of his appointments, blew a spark plug. Got stranded on the side of a busy highway in 104 degree/ humid day with my disabled husband for 3 hours. It's got the 5.4 motor in it. Would like it fixed cause now it's just an oversized paper weight... Needless to say I went back to using my 98 Dodge Durango with 250,000 plus miles on it... still runs strong.

2010 F250 with 62000 km. Towing a trailer on the highway and the lower transmission oil cooler inlet hose became dispatched and I lost 6 liters of oil before pulling over. The metal clamp was not in the correct place, but an inch back, on the soft part of the hose. Damaged the transmission within seconds to the tune of $7500, plus towing. The dealer said it looks like someone was working on it, which is impossible - we do not work on our company vehicles at all, and only regular oil and filter changes have been done. I believe it came from the factory like that, and of course the warranty expired last year. Another 2010 F250 I had before this one had three valve cover bolts broken within 5 years. This required extracting the bolts by taking the valve cover off - $2000 at the dealer (for one side) and $900 for the independent shop.

Driving my 6th Ford F-250 diesel in 20 years - 2 7.3 engines, 2. 6.0 diesels, a 2008 6.4 and current 2012 6.7 with 183,000 miles. I drive mostly interstate at 10 or so over speed limit - pull 7 different trailers moving part of our equipment from job site to job site - average move 300 to 500 hard driven miles. Each truck had over 200,000 miles when I traded or sold. Have never been left on the side of the road. The 6.4 had a minor issue with sensor but no major deal. Current 6.7 by far best engine I have had. Run cetane boost regularly and you will eliminate injector and sensor issues. Either I have been lucky or my maintenance pays off.

2 Things I did not do. #1 Allow the dealer to flash the brain / updates. #2 Have the dealer work on it! As the only owner of this 2006 6.0 f-350 C/C 4x4, I would have probably stayed away from the purchase of this vehicle if I had more info on the problems @ hand @ the time of purchase. I did not, I had no, NO problems

w/ this truck as many have had. It was set up to pull large horse trailers and equipment movers. Whatever this truck was hooked to, it pulled it, from Fl. to Tn. 3/5 times a year. Except for an oversized tranny pan, oversized diff cover, and a turbo back 4" exhaust, the truck is all stock.

As most people experienced trouble @ about 70k / 95k, mine started @ 109k. Well out of warranty. My first FICM unit failed. At 112k I replaced the o-rings and dummy plugs, although not really needed, also the EGR cooler, and oil cooler. I am by no means a Diesel Mech. but a motor is motor, I now have 176k on this truck, all original hoses, water pump, NO additional motor work has been done. Yes I have let the cooling system go far too long. Only regular maintenance, fuel filters, tranny filter, and oil changes @ 5000 Mls. We're on our third set of tires, and second brakes. My Point? So many reviews here, say dealer repair, even out of warranty. Why? There are hundreds of aftermarket co.s making thousands of better parts.

Relate 2 your friends and family to steer clear of dealerships. Diesel owners stay away of technical updates. Ford 6.7 is a throw away vehicle after 150k, the 6.4 is basically the same. The 7.3, the old standby has become so very expensive to repair their flooding the used market. Oddly, If you buy Ford, the 6.2 gasser matched w/ the Super Duty Transmission will do the same work as the Diesel. Humm. I will say, I was here to read up on the new f-150s. Won't be buying one of them, thanks to the reviewers on this site. Don't need a big puller rig, so back to Toyotas, no Fords.

2005 F-250 S.D. Factory Defective Oil Cooler. Anyone that owns a Ford Diesel 6.0 L. manufactured from 2004 thru 2007 understands or at a minimum has experienced the five to ten thousand dollars in repair cost associated with this engine running hot oil, oil averaging temperatures well over an average of 210 degrees when they should average around 195. In fact Ford is currently settling in most cases not settling thousands of class action lawsuits due to this very issue. All the way from Sam Packs Five Star Ford where I purchased it new to Rush Truck Center in Dallas Texas where I have it serviced I get nothing but lip service. My last incorrectly designed oil cooler Rush Truck Center installed at 4,112.17 after 30 K miles is once again failing. The two thousand dollar high pressure oil pump that was installed at the Vernon Tx Dealership is another part related to running hot oil, just to mention one of many expensive repairs.

I even called the Ford Motor Company Consumer Complaint Dept 800-392-3673, and spoke to a very friendly young lady who suggested I have it fixed at Park Cities Ford two miles from our residence. Once again lip service, I'm not sure they even employ a good diesel mechanic since that dealership sells mostly cars. Diesel buyers do yourself a favor, they might not look as good in my opinion but purchase a CHEVROLET DURAMAX!!! A time and proven engine and I'm betting a company that will help with a proven problem that Ford to this day refuses to help hard working individuals like myself who need to be able to count on their truck and the service required to keep it running. I spent 56 K on this truck new, around 7K in repair cost associated with this oil coolers poor design and Ford at every level not only will not give me a dealership which will Bulletproof it or any effective aftermarket part which will fix the problem, but they all could care less.

Ford F-250/F-350 Company Profile