3.9/5 (44 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford F-250/F-350

The Ford F-250/F-350 is part of the Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup of heavy-duty trucks. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford F-250/F-350 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford F-250/F-350?

Original review: July 20, 2016

2005 F-250 S.D. Factory Defective Oil Cooler. Anyone that owns a Ford Diesel 6.0 L. manufactured from 2004 thru 2007 understands or at a minimum has experienced the five to ten thousand dollars in repair cost associated with this engine running hot oil, oil averaging temperatures well over an average of 210 degrees when they should average around 195. In fact Ford is currently settling in most cases not settling thousands of class action lawsuits due to this very issue. All the way from Sam Packs Five Star Ford where I purchased it new to Rush Truck Center in Dallas Texas where I have it serviced I get nothing but lip service. My last incorrectly designed oil cooler Rush Truck Center installed at 4,112.17 after 30 K miles is once again failing. The two thousand dollar high pressure oil pump that was installed at the Vernon Tx Dealership is another part related to running hot oil, just to mention one of many expensive repairs.

I even called the Ford Motor Company Consumer Complaint Dept 800-392-3673, and spoke to a very friendly young lady who suggested I have it fixed at Park Cities Ford two miles from our residence. Once again lip service, I'm not sure they even employ a good diesel mechanic since that dealership sells mostly cars. Diesel buyers do yourself a favor, they might not look as good in my opinion but purchase a CHEVROLET DURAMAX!!! A time and proven engine and I'm betting a company that will help with a proven problem that Ford to this day refuses to help hard working individuals like myself who need to be able to count on their truck and the service required to keep it running. I spent 56 K on this truck new, around 7K in repair cost associated with this oil coolers poor design and Ford at every level not only will not give me a dealership which will Bulletproof it or any effective aftermarket part which will fix the problem, but they all could care less.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I recently purchased an F-250 Super Duty after a bad experience with a Chev 1 ton diesel 4x4. I test drove the F-250 but not long enough to discover the truck sets too high and climbing in and out of it a dozen times a day leaves me in much pain. I am vertically challenged, 5-10, and have a leg problem so it is my fault for buying a truck that has this problem but I don't understand why it has to be so high up to get into the driver's door. I've spent a lot of time looking for a way to lower the truck but am told there is none. I guess I'm stuck with the truck but Dodge is looking better and better.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Bought this 2008 F-350 truck with a 6.4 engine in it from a friend at Hillyer's Ford in Or. Had 44,000 miles on it at the time. It has been a mechanical disaster since we purchased it in 2011. Fuel pump issues, ejector issues, 2 pistons at 2 separate times so now we have more than 30,000 into a truck that has only 124,000 miles on it. It has mostly been in a mechanic's shop instead on the road or at its home. We are never, never going to purchase a Ford vehicle ever again!! That's a shame since we have owned at least 2 Fords ever since we were married in 1973. Tried to get some mechanics to back their work, or help Ford to realize this one is a lemon, but No!! They just want to charge you over 5,000 each time in labor alone to pull the cab and fix the "new" problem.

Ford doesn't want to stand behind this truck and neither do their "certified" mechanics. Be aware folks: They're only certified to charge you a fortune and leave you with a truck that they know will have more issues. Seems this engine isn't much better than the 6.0 one they put in through 2007. We now have a useless truck. So much for buy a diesel because they will go 200,000 miles with proper maintenance. HA HA!! Not true!

Original review: July 8, 2016

NEVER BUY A FORD TRUCK! We bought a new 2010 F350 diesel engine King Ranch. At about 30,000 miles the engine blew. They replaced most of it under warranty but not all of it. I asked to have it all replaced and was told they could only replace the parts they found to be faulty. I asked to have the warranty reset and was told that was impossible. Now at 70,000 miles the engine needs to be replaced again - not under warranty... Estimate is about $15,000. Long before the warranty ran out we had it in for loss of power and the "wrench" light being on. They said the oil level was severely overfull due to fuel in the oil system - which shouldn't be possible. We were charged an oil change and told to check the oil level every 100 miles. Oil level didn't go up so we took it in and they said everything must be fine.

Later we had the same issue and took it to another dealership who said the issue must be related to the earlier issue of the oil being severely overfull. They reset the codes and charged us for diagnostics and an oil change sent us on our way. The truck has now been at the Ford dealer for 2 weeks and no word on whether Ford will help us with the cost. NEVER BUY A FORD TRUCK!

Original review: July 7, 2016

My 2008 Ford super duty with only 57000 miles lost power driving up a hill for no known reason. This truck has been serviced according to the mfg recommendations. Towed to the nearest Ford dealer in San Bernardino and found out the engine cylinder is damaged and I need a new motor. $17,000 ARE YOU KIDDING! What a ** nightmare. I will never buy another Ford and I would recommend no one should. These trucks are lemons and Ford should be recalling all of them. I wish I never bought this truck.

Original review: May 20, 2016

I have a 08 Ford F250 Diesel 6.4L truck and I have had to replace 3 radiators on the truck and I only have 127,000 miles on the truck. The first was covered under warranty at 70K miles. Second radiator was not since I was at 100,800 miles. Now 27K miles later the 3rd radiator failure. This is a known issue from Ford and all radiators/thermostats/ cooling reservoirs should be recalled and Ford should be forced to repair.

Original review: March 28, 2016

Recently got back into a pickup truck - having owned many Fords, Chevy, and several Suburbans over past 30 years. It's been 15 years since my last "pick-up" and almost 10 since my last AWD Sub. Could NOT be happier with the 2011 F350 XLT 6.7 diesel I found - secondhand with 29,000 KMs/18,000 miles on. Original "owner" had specifically leased the truck to pull a fifth wheel.

Recent five week/15,000 km (almost 10,000 mile) trip down the Pacific Coast to Arizona/Mexico and back, saw many days of 16 mpg with 12 lowest hauling just under 4,000 in box/truck (slide in camper and "us" +). IMPRESSED with power/torque = uphill at 70 mpg+ not a problem. Only item to stay aware of was DEF usage which, understandably, gets used when motor is working. GOOD news story that I wanted to share - Ford got the 2011 F350 built right.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

My new 2015 F-250 Nav entertainment factory system is unable to play CDs. Skips, garbles, etc. They play fine on my first 2011 F-250. Dealer has change out the Player twice. So we tried on another 2015 F-250 -- does the same thing. My salesperson tried his CDs as well on 2015 F-250 on their lot. Indeed it will not play his either. Dealer is saying Ford doesn't plan on fixing problem, because they don't think there is one. Last time I got similar answer from Ford, I drove Chevys for 20 years. Sure as hell disappointed in expensive piece of Junk, that Ford will do NOTHING about.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I bought a Ford F-350 about 3 years ago when I started up my business. Bought this truck thinking it would be a dependable diesel since Ford has been making them for a long time. Since I bought it used with roughly 64K miles, I have spent close to 10 thousand dollars in repairs. Talk about a huge mistake buying this truck. Every time we come off the road it's in the shop, heartbreaking knowing I'm stuck with this piece of junk because our truck keeps us working. This truck keeps our company in debt. Would like for nothing more than to get out of this piece of crap but that's impossible when I have to keep fixing this one and can't save any money to even think about getting a new truck. Very sad.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

We as people fail to realize Ford Motor Co. had International manufacture these motors that were placed in these trucks. International Motors needs to man up to what they've done to the consumers. I also bought a 06 Ford F-250 King Ranch very proudly with a 6.0 60,000miles. I have 157,000 miles now. It has cost me $8,000.00 so far to own this truck in repairs. These motors were put into Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Cable Trucks, Tow Trucks, City Trucks. We all share the same problems as the next person or Company. These trucks have cost all of us a lot of money and downtime, very very disappointing.

We will never recover all that we have lost in these international motors. Ford Motor Co. can't do much either. They also took a very big hit on these motors. It has cost them so much, they did the right thing and broke away from International and started designing their own. I really hope they can recover from this. I know I won't. I still own my truck and it still costing me money. So the next time you go buy a truck or trucks don't buy anything International. This is only way of trying to recover from this. Please don't sell your problem truck to somebody else. What you have suffered in repairs they may suffer worse. DON'T BUY INTERNATIONAL!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

2013 F250 6.7L Diesel - Just did my 55,000 mile oil change at Bill Utter Ford located in Denton Texas 11-6-2015. Service writer had technician show me a coolant leak on the driver side by the plastic drain plug. Talking with the technicians I was shocked to find that this is NOT a uncommon issue. There is absolutely no reason for a 70,000$ medium duty truck that is used for nothing more than a commuter. No towing, no performance upgrades. The dealer says 1,700.00 to replace. After reading hundreds of posts on diesel forums I have to ask who is ready for a class action lawsuit. Since 2010 Ford super duty has been plagued with radiator problems, and I believe Ford is still using faulty equipment and hammering their customers for an obvious warranty/recall issue.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I have a 2004 F350 6.0 Diesel with 74,000 miles that I use to pull my 5th wheel camper. I took my camper up to Western Maryland this past weekend and blow a head gasket. The mechanic stated this is his 4th blown head gasket on a 6.0 Ford in the past couple months. Is there a recall on this 6.0? I was going to retire and travel, but, this sure does change all the plans.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

9/20/2014, I purchased a New 2015 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 truck from Charles Gabus Ford in Des Moines, Iowa. It listed for $52884.00. I traded in my 2004 Crew Cab that has never given any problems since new! I loved the New truck, lots of power, ran great, had a trip planned to Montana. Vacation and hunting! I had a horse in Montana, I was bringing back with me. A snow storm came thru the 1st week of November 2014 in Billings, MT so delayed my leaving to the 2nd week. I left on November 12, 2014 early morning, clear skies but cold. Truck, trailer, dog and horse, 1100 miles back to Iowa.

All good until got passed Murdo, SD. A warning light came on, REDUCED POWER MODE. Truck slowing down, engine light on, would only run 35 mph. Things kept flashing up on screen, got pulled over on I-90. Called my local dealer thought it might be fuel gelling, added more additive (had blended fuel in truck). Asked if I turned the truck off would it start again, he did not know so left idling. Called Ford Roadside Assistance, I had between 3,000 and 4,000 miles on the truck. They would send a tow truck or I could make it to nearest dealer (Murdo SD). I called Murdo Ford they would get me in if I got there. So at 35 mph made it to next exit got turned around and back to Murdo, like 27 miles.

Murdo Ford was great. Got me in and hooked up computer. I was in a pickle, horse on board and nowhere to stay if truck down. The tech found several error message codes (turbo failure). He tested the turbo several times and no failure. I asked if he thought I could make it to Mitchell, SD where I had a place to stay with my horse and dog. He didn't know, he hooked up with Ford tech line, still didn’t know. He reset the computer and it seemed to run. I decided to try to make it. I was off, all seemed to be running good made it to Mitchell for the night.

Next morning, off again, ran OK, made it to Sioux Falls, SD. Heading to Sioux City, IA, truck error message came up and engine shutting down, again pulled over, called Ford Roadside. They would send tow truck or I could try to make it to dealer. Sioux Falls Ford couldn't get me in. So called Woodhouse Ford Blair, NE., 78 miles at 35 mph.

They got me in right away. 4 hours later still not definite problem, reloaded computer software, cleared out, and off again. Made it to Exit 220 on I-80 East just passed Williamsburg, IA. Quit again, got off exit, about 30 miles from home. I decided to turn truck off and let set for a minute. I restarted it and engine light was on but turbo seemed to work, I could go faster than 35 mph. Made it home. To the dealer on Monday. Long and short of it, 4-5 weeks to get new turbo and install it.

Been running until now, 9/30/2015, the day before I was to leave to Montana, with horses. I was going to town, truck warning light LOW FUEL PRESSURE, REDUCED POWER MODE. Just had truck service last week in anticipation of trip. Called dealer he told me to shut off and start again to see if it would clear. Did not clear so he said he would get me in if I could get there, got on I-80 East, going slow but going. Made it 1 mile and shutting all the way down, motor quit running. Called dealer he told me to call Ford Roadside for a tow. 25 min with roadside and they could not find my location to send tow truck. I tried to start my truck, it started. I told roadside I would try to drive. Made it 1.5 miles, quit again, called Roadside, 2 hrs tow truck showed up. To the dealer, hooked up computer, told me they needed to take high pressure pump apart, and gave me a car to drive.

Day 2 since towed, service called me, the high pressure pump failed metal filings in system. I called Ford Customer Care, I was to be on the road to Montana October 1, taking a load of horses to Billings, MT and then ranch job for 5 weeks, after that a hunting trip planned. Dealer said parts back ordered, Ford Customer Care said would expedite parts.

I asked for a loner truck, rental truck, new truck (Dreaming). I asked them to help with a trade on a new truck. I called dealer where I bought truck, they want $15,000 for one year newer truck and mine with 15,000 miles. (Can't do it) Day 6 Customer Care won't call me back. (Just out I guess). No truck. No news! I have owned 1997, 1999, 2001, 2004 new Ford trucks. My wife 2004 Explorer, 2011 Escape and 2014 Explorer, all new! So much for any brand loyalty. Hope you have better luck than I am having!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

I recently bought an F 250 SD Ford (4x4 2015 6.7 turbo diesel), after a very unhappy Toyota Tundra experience. The Ford is a great truck, with monster power, also very quiet, and comfortable. However when paying almost $70 K for a truck, it should have better interior trim than it does. The door panels are a cheap plastic, and very plain at that. In an older version, they had employed Lariat trim seats, lights in the doors (inside). It just seems cheap, especially compared to the 1794 edition of the Tundra, but the rest of the Ford leaves the Tundra in the dust. I guess my only issue is that, after paying 70 K for this, it is like paying 150 K for a 911 turbo Porsche, and finding it has cloth seats.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I commented on F-350 3 years ago, well I'm back! After a total engine redo in 2012 at 85000 miles, and 2 more transmissions before 110,000 miles I finally sold that piece of crap to a dealer and bought a Chevy 3500, no problems since. Except I still have a 07 explorer, I mean "exploder" that's what the parts houses call them; 75,000 miles, replace radiator, and both front rotors. New computer module and transmission at 125,000 and a hosts of other noises and quirks. Goodbye Ford! I have many friends with the same issues and some have suffered financial hardships from them. I can't believe an American company could do this to us!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I have owned several Ford trucks and this 2015 while cleaning exhaust starting bucking like a cowboy on a bull. This has happened a lot and with 6k miles is unacceptable. I lost power for a good 3-4 minutes while driving and noises from under the truck that you should not hear. Anyone else out there with similar issues? Dealership bound today and see what at outcome is. My 2012 F350 had EGR issues so I am concerned.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

Water in fuel (WIF) sensor failed allowing water into fuel system. 14,800 miles on a 2014 truck. Ford says they will not warranty it. Estimated $8300 repair.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

This is for anyone thinking about buying a Ford f250 super duty or similar truck - don't stop and do your research. They all have the same problems no matter what year, make or model. They will just all the sudden stop running no matter where you are, highway, road, street, etc. Also the glow coil is bad and there are other problems with the front end alignment where the car is pulling to the right or left. The car gushes out water due to faulty parts. Do your research before buying. Concerned citizen. Stuck with large payments and a truck with all kind of faulty parts.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2015

Bought 2015 F250 Dec. 2014. Drive minimal so now has less than 6500 miles on it. The other day leaving my house I take a sharp right turn driving about 15-17 mph and loss power steering & brakes mid turn. I ended up hitting a small tree. Insurance says it's my fault. Truck malfunctioned. I see a lot of Ford recalls for my same issue. Sadly dealership DIDN'T check my truck out to make sure it won't happen again, cause insurance says it's my fault. Anyone else hear if 2015 F250s with this same problem.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

On March 9th 2015 I purchase a 2015 F-250 diesel pick up from Sanderson Ford. At 4,000 miles I started experiencing a severe shutter and chatter. I had to pull over and let the engine idle down before I could continue. I immediately drove the truck back to Sanderson Ford to be repaired. Service Advisor John ** helped me. He did not believe what I was saying. I left the truck there to be repaired. Later that afternoon I received a call from a man named Dan who is the service manager who said they were aware of the problem and that it could not be fixed. He also stated that Ford has said they maybe will have a fix by the end of the first quarter of next year, and that the problem was in the emission system. This is a potentially a dangerous situation. I called Ford and spoke with a man named Leroy, and said they will do nothing for me. His case number from Ford is # Case-**. His phone number **.

I paid 55,000.00 cash for the truck. Nobody wants to hear about it. Ford does not want to address it or do anything for me. $55,000.00 for a vehicle that Sanderson Ford says can't be fixed. It is not fair and not right. Ford new about the issue when the trucks were being produced and sent them out for sale to the general public knowing full well they weren't right. The service manager at Sanderson Ford also knew of the issue and even gave me an example of a company who bought one that they were using to hall pipe. Same issue severe chatter and lurching to the point where they would have to pull over as well. This situation has happened to me on four separate occasions. Can you please help me?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I was in an accident and the truck was delivered to the Ford dealer for repairs. The driver side front wheel went up over the other car's tire and compressed out the spring and shock along with taking out the steering box and other parts under the truck. After getting the truck back I noticed it was leaning on the driver side. The Ford dealer said it was out of line and realigned it which they also did when it was repaired. This did not fix the problem so I crawled under it and found the passenger coil spring was bowed. When I checked the distance between the tire and the coil springs on both sides I found the passenger side distance between the tire and spring was 1-1/4 inch difference from the driver side. The Ford dealer is ordering a new spring but I believe that when the truck was hit it moved the front drivetrain over. This could have been caused by the assembly that the spring sets on.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

Our city has only 7500 residents, but because of our proximity to the open country, there is a lot of potential for wildfire and danger to our residents. We own a 2006 Ford F250 rig as part of our small fleet of engines, and it has been kept up meticulously since new. It has just over 13k miles on it (Barely broken in.) and is typically driven short routes to answer calls. The apparatus does NOT use the engine to pump water, so this 6.0 has an easy life. The bad news is that Ford has replaced the turbo charger twice now, so we are already on number three, and we were driving back from training a few weeks back and the truck started blowing coolant out of the surge tank. To make a long story short, the head bolts stretched and it blew out the head gaskets. This all to the tune of $7k which is a big chunk of funds for our little community.

With the maintenance well kept up and only 13000 miles on the clock, this truck failed badly once again. Navistar, who designed this engine, was sued by Ford as we understand it and several individuals and companies have also sued Ford over this poor design. We are being told "Tough" by Ford, despite the major failure and previous costs to our fire department. What are we to do in this case?? It is 100% bad design and we do not beat on our vehicles. (If you saw how perfectly it is kept, you'd agree.) Any ideas or comments that might help our cause??

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

When my Father bought his 2014 F-250 XLT from the very first we had to replace the tires and rims because they went out of balance. The truck kept shuddering down the road especially when breaking. Complaints to Ford and Dealership were made but never resolved with customer. Instead Money had to be spent to repair and now to find out the national warranty was never registered and everything is covered including loss time and wages or replacement of truck if broke down for longer than 6 days.

Well on July 9, 2015 truck blew the high pressure pump under hood causing metal through all fuel lines and into tank. Now I expect that truck can be fixed quickly. No problem. Well theses people in Livermore, California pull the Cab off the truck and spend 165 Hours on this truck claiming that's what the customer wants equaling $32,000.00 plus dollars and having no right to do so by owner, also stress fracturing two at least, brand new rims on passenger side (bought in May at Les Schwab Tires Silverton, OR) also while pulling Fifth wheel Trailer on Back could have been tragic. The Customer has asked and asked to have his vehicle replaced by whatever means needed but Ford Refuses to Allow SAFE TRAVEL.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

2011 F-350 got 20 miles per gallon highway all the power in the world. Took it in for a recall. Now I get 16 miles per gallon freeway and no power and they say I have to live with it. It only has 30,000 miles on it. When I bought it if it had no power and got 16 miles per gallon I would never have paid $60,000. Wouldn't have given 30,000 for this truck. It's garbage. The chip they sell it with is not what you end up with. Three years down the road when they recall it. This is my last Ford. I can't wait to dump it and buy another GM product.

Original review: July 30, 2015

When I bought my 95' F350 Diesel I didn't know much about it so I took it to the dealer. The last time I had it at the dealer they gave me three quotes totaling $100,000. The Ford master mechanics statement was "Diesels costs BIG MONEY BUDDY... BIG MONEY..." I went out and bought a crankshaft sensor for $305, it took me 3 minutes to put it on. My truck has been running good ever since (2003).

I wanted to trade up to a 4 wheel drive F350 dually in 2002 so I went to Ford assuming trade in would be higher for my 95' F350 dually. The dealer wanted $110,000 for his Klondike edition and offered me $2000 for mine. I then went to Hopper Pontiac Buick in North Bay and they offered me $19,000 for my Ford and they wanted $47,500 for their fully loaded 4x4 extended cab dually.

Original review: July 29, 2015

I bought this 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty 5.4L truck used with about 100,000 miles on it, and I've put 30,000 on it since. Thought it would last me quite a few years, since Ford has been making F250's forever, and should have worked all the bugs out by now. Should have done research before buying it, because I read nothing but horror stories online about this engine and Ford's lack of support. In my case it appears that a valve has burnt out or is not seating properly, and it looks like a 1200$ fix to remove the head. After reading all the complaints I am now looking for a Toyota Tundra, and will ditch this Ford first chance I get.

Original review: July 24, 2015

In 2005 I bought a F250 6.0 V-Diesel Truck. It ran great until it reached the 110,000 mile mark. The first to go out was the primary and secondary fuel pumps. It broke down on me in Midland, Texas on the way to Arizona and had to be towed in to a diesel mechanic. After driving it for a couple of months, it started to blow white smoke and did not accelerate. It started getting hot and had to once again be towed into a Ford dealership in Arizona. After approximately $4,000 worth of repairs (not including the fuel pumps), consisting of a new EGR valve and other things, I thought the problem had been resolved. Now...it was started blowing black smoke and does not accelerate.

It is now at the Ford dealership where I purchased the truck. Ford claims no responsibility for these faulty vehicles and I see nothing but complaints online regarding all the problems the consumers are having with these trucks. I called the Ford Motor company and they offered a discount on a new vehicle... Honestly! Who wants to buy another Ford product if this is the quality of equipment and service that comes along with it? Needless to say, a truck that was suppose to last several more years and was good for a couple of hundred thousand more miles has turned into a piece of junk that I will not even be able to get rid of. When I see a vehicle blowing smoke on the road, I know instantly it's a Ford truck and I would like to stop them and tell them get ready to spend $6,000 to $7,000 and still not have something worthy of owning.

Original review: July 24, 2015

Have a 2001 Ford F-350 6.0 engine. I might be wrong with liter but I know it's a 6 something, with 83,000 miles maybe a little more than that. We have never had any issue with the truck. We drive it all year as we own a small landscaping business, so plowing and mowing. Back in May, it had new injector cups. Truck was being used daily and did it have any problems. A month later, my son went to drive off and noticed it was blowing white smoke so we called the Ford garage to get it looked at.

After being there a week or so, they tested it and found out the injectors 1 and 3 were gone. Ok no problem, fix it - $1600 plus we had them fix the shifter, which was bother $300, so total was $1986 roughly. They called indent, paid them and my son was bringing it home. He couldn't even get out to the street light as it wouldn't go over 1000 rpm. He drove back in and told them there was something wrong. So the truck has been at the garage since the end of June and they have tested everything under the sun. The have come up with 5-6 things they thought could be wrong and have ruled out all of them. First it was 1 and 3, weren't firing right, then it was only 1. Then it could be a possible bent rod and so on.

The final conclusion by an engineer from Ford has told them it's a valve problem in the engine. Hello...we drove that truck in there no problem and supposedly they fixed the reason for us bringing it to them. And they have over 20 hours of labor at $85 an hour and haven't fixed the problem it had after we couldn't even drive it home. If they find it's a stuck valve, they said they would take some time off the labor and it would be $3300 to fix it. The problem is they don't know 100% if it is the problem.

They said the cost to have the head machined is around $500 and that's if they can get it machined without having to buy a new one. Also the case where they get into this and then there's problems with the other sides of the head. So at this point, we feel it's Ford's problem. We took it there and found out why it was blowing white smoke because they said it was the injectors. Now it's a possible motor!! No this isn't right. To the guy in Madison, Maine who posted on here, please let me know what your outcome was with your truck.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I've had my truck lift wife and title more than a yr. It all started last November be driving down the rd and bam the whole truck would shut down out of the blue. I brought it into Russell and Smith Ford in Houston Texas. They put it On the computer and nothing. A day or so it shut down when we my wife and I were turning And almost got hit. Brought it back again. Nothing again Computer says. Next day Stopped again. Back again. They let it run all day - nothing. Never turned off the computer - says it's working great. That evening come real close to getting t-boned. Next day 8 am they took it for a drive to Lagrange Texas And back. Nothing. My wife and I are really kinda mad. We took a small trip to Shreveport LA. Drove great up there.

Coming back my wife drove. We had her sisters with us and when I drive and I turn it off I put it in neutral But my wife can't. It was dark. There was construction on the hwy at night and no shoulder On the road and medium amount of traffic On the road. But my wife had to come to a complete stop to start it again. People on that stretch of road are going really fast. We were lucky We didn't get hit. It still turns off not as much. I just put it in neutral and start it back up again and keep going.

Original review: July 15, 2015

Our 2001 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel has been powerful, reliable, and very comfortable and smooth riding. The turning radius is a little big, but that's to be expected with a crew cab. It has great 4 wheel drive, is very well built and still gets great mpg. It gets 17+ on the highway and it gets 14 mpg when pulling a 25,000 lb. trailer, which I consider great. We had a 1999 F-350 diesel, which at 330,000 miles showed no signs of quitting, but it was totaled in a car accident, which is the only way you will lose one of these trucks before 500,000 miles. Get one if you can.

Ford F-250/F-350 Company Information