3.61/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Ford Expedition

The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV that was first introduced in 1997. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

161 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Ford has knowingly failed to correct paint problems of Ford Expedition vehicles equipped with aluminum body panels that exhibit bubbled and/or peeling paint with or without accompanying white dust on vehicles as early as 2003 as per technical service bulletin TSB 19-2026 replacing TSB 17-0062. Service bulletin recommends panel replacement of affected panel. Have had no cooperation on the replacement of affected tailgate by the dealership claiming that Ford disapproved replacing affected aluminum tailgate that had bubbling and peeling paint with white dust when the vehicles was 3 1/2 years old. Spoke with Ford dealership again requesting a remedy to no avail. Ford has replaced my hood but refuses to address the tailgate issue.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Bought a NEW 2015 Ford Expedition, Limited, and now at 75k Miles, I was told I need to replace the transmission at a cost of about $6200. The car symptom was a terrifying vibration of the entire car, between 40 and 60 miles an hour and the same symptoms as the Ford Transit recall - Safety Recall 17S15 – Driveshaft Flexible Coupling Replacement – 2015-2017 Ford Transit. After 1 week in the shop and spending over $2000 in guessing repair work, I was told by the service department, they need to replace the transmission (at only 75k MILES).

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

PROs: I really like the size, power, ride, comfort, of my 2000 Expedition "WHEN it was running." CONs: I have had several mechanical issues over the past 5-10 years that I have owned this 2000 Ford Expedition 5.4ltr engine. These problems in my opinion are due to lousy engineering designs/built in job security for Ford Mechanics! My past problems are many of the "SAME" problems others have had with these vehicles.

Shifter not going into park, 4 wheel drive shifter mechanism not working/automatic transmission, engine heater coolant lines breaking, fuel pump failures, spark plugs, Coil Over Plug (COP) ignition system, rear axle oil leaks, sunroof breaking, vehicle air suspension system lousy (I replaced with old fashion springs), and the latest problem is with the engine (engine SOHC timing system using bicycle chains). I would like to switch out the 5.4 liter new engine with an old fashion non overhead cam engine with pushrods (instead of timing chains), but the USA's EPA does not allow this. What the **! I would not buy another Ford vehicle with any kind of overhead cam design now.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

2008 Expedition: First let me say I love this vehicle, roomy and powerful, gets about 14 mpg but the comfort is worth it. My only complaint is that recently it started shifting hard, I mean it threw my purse off of the seat, and there was a banging noise when I would come to a stop. Local Ford dealer said it was the shift solenoid and valve body. I had it fixed and it runs like a new vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When RPM's are at 1,000 ONLY, at any speed and both acceleration and deceleration, there is a VERY loud "humming" noise. So loud it drowns out radio and conversation. It has gotten worse and is so bad car is practically too annoying to drive. Had 2012 and 2015 Lincoln Navigators and never had this problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Expedition?

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Ford Expedition 2016 is a wonderful car and it is very dependable. We can sit very comfortably as it rides so smooth. It is a solid good sturdy car. Made to last if I had a wreck. It is a safe vehicle for my grandchildren and doesn't have a lot of problems. It is easy to drive too and doesn't use too much gas. Also it can haul a lot of things. I go to market in Dallas and can load so many things in it. It hauls furniture and so much for my business. Furthermore, the seats that automatically go down in the back are wonderful and the running board comes out when I open the door. It is perfect.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Expedition has been a great vehicle. We got it for the size, interior design and durability. It still possesses shine after many trips and it has a great steering column and leg room that I very much appreciate. I just wish I had new technology such as smart features that would help me set appointment, set my music system, watch tv, Cortana or a similar voice which would be excellent.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my Ford Expedition. I got it because of the comfort and space it provides me and my family. I need lots of leg room and the Expedition provides me that comfort plus it has 3 end row seating. It has good gas mileage and it's a good car overall. I'm very proud of it and I haven't had any major issues with the it except for a fuel pump, which was an easy fix. It's the best car I've ever owned. And if I ever have to purchase a new one, a Ford Expedition would be my only option.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Ford Expedition EL - 5 stars on everything but gas mileage. It's a workhorse that will haul plywood and scaffold or people. Well appointed interior. This SUV is outstanding! Love it!!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Terrible gas mileage by today's standards, but powerful, handles well and seats a lot of people or stuff! Almost 200,000 miles, a totally dependable vehicle.

Ford Expedition Company Information