2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

4.0/5 (352 ratings)
Shop Now on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Ford Expedition

The Ford Expedition is a full-size SUV that was first introduced in 1997. Read more Ford reviews to learn about other models.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Ford Expedition Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Expedition?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ford Expedition?

Original review: June 21, 2018

The Expedition has been a great vehicle. We got it for the size, interior design and durability. It still possesses shine after many trips and it has a great steering column and leg room that I very much appreciate. I just wish I had new technology such as smart features that would help me set appointment, set my music system, watch tv, Cortana or a similar voice which would be excellent.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I love my Ford Expedition. I got it because of the comfort and space it provides me and my family. I need lots of leg room and the Expedition provides me that comfort plus it has 3 end row seating. It has good gas mileage and it's a good car overall. I'm very proud of it and I haven't had any major issues with the it except for a fuel pump, which was an easy fix. It's the best car I've ever owned. And if I ever have to purchase a new one, a Ford Expedition would be my only option.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Ford Expedition 2016 is a wonderful car and it is very dependable. We can sit very comfortably as it rides so smooth. It is a solid good sturdy car. Made to last if I had a wreck. It is a safe vehicle for my grandchildren and doesn't have a lot of problems. It is easy to drive too and doesn't use too much gas. Also it can haul a lot of things. I go to market in Dallas and can load so many things in it. It hauls furniture and so much for my business. Furthermore, the seats that automatically go down in the back are wonderful and the running board comes out when I open the door. It is perfect.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Terrible gas mileage by today's standards, but powerful, handles well and seats a lot of people or stuff! Almost 200,000 miles, a totally dependable vehicle.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Ford Expedition EL - 5 stars on everything but gas mileage. It's a workhorse that will haul plywood and scaffold or people. Well appointed interior. This SUV is outstanding! Love it!!

Original review: March 1, 2018

Knox on wood, both of mine have been GREAT. Ford ex. Has hun, 75 thousand. Kia s. 67 tho. I keep all oils changed and antifreeze up.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

V8 Triton plug - My 1999 Expedition had blown through 4th plug and coil in a year. It sounds like a gun shot and stops you cold. Ford refuses to take responsibility for anything and my family of 7 has to go without as I look for another job to get this truck fixed again. But yet Ford keep enjoying those millions in bailout funds. I will never purchase another Ford in my life.

Original review: July 30, 2016

I purchased my Expedition almost two years ago with 340,000 km on it and you would think that 13 years after production and all the news about fires over the cruise control, people would get off their lazy ** and phone in their Vin to the closest dealer to see if a problem exists. My Expedition was sold 5 times and not once in the 13 years before I bought it, did a single owner check for recalls, especially when fires are concerned. I can no longer blame Ford since they've sent out the recall three times. If people don't value their own lives or their family’s lives then let them burn!! With no ill feelings towards Ford. Everyone buying a new or used vehicle today with all the technology involved within them should be phoning in their Vin number once or twice a year just to see if anything new has showed up. It's our responsibility as well to keep on top of things especially maintenance!

Original review: July 23, 2016

Love our Expedition. Drives and handles like a dream. 180K+ miles and going strong. Only complaint would be cheap plastic gears that failed in temperature blend actuators. Other than that a solid, dependable vehicle.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I have owned a Ford Explorer (forget year), a Ford Expedition 2000 and now a Ford Expedition 2004. All three of these vehicles have been incredible to drive and basically no major repairs. The first two vehicles I gave to my daughter when I got a different one. The Explorer was terrific, and the Ford Expedition that she drives now has over 270,000 miles. Yes miles on it and it is going strong. She will soon need some instrument panel repairs but that is all.

Now, my Ford Expedition 2004 has over 130,000 miles on it, and no major repairs at all. This vehicle runs like a charm and is a pure joy to drive. I have traveled the California and Florida coast pulling a trailer, and never a breakdown. Both Expedition have the 5.4 motor, and I have nothing but praise and love for these vehicles. Highly recommend them. Only complaint with Ford is that in 2007 they changed the interior of vehicles and put the gear shift on the floor rather than the steering wheel. Wish they would change that back as there is more storage space and more leg room. Thanks Ford. Love your vehicles.

Ford Expedition Company Information