Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Service Centers
3.52/5

Firestone Service Centers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

944 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have been using Firestone since I moved to MN 4 years ago. The management and workers have always been great to work with. Although the information isn't always what I wanted to hear about what was needed in my car, that have always been honest with what you needed to have done. They're always friendly and willing to go out of their way. Shout out to the management! I will always use Firestone no matter where in the US I end up because of the example the Rochester, MN shop has set!

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello. We are happy to hear that our Rochester Firestone Complete Auto Care location has been able to provide you with such outstanding service. Thank you for providing us with this feedback, we value you as a loyal customer. We look forward to the services you again. ^SB

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The Service Center in Menomonee Falls, on Appleton Avenue, will be the tire destination I'll shop at for many years. I bought a new, not used, Honda Civic from Schlossmann's Honda City in January of this year. About six months later I started hearing the telltale sounds of an out of round tire. I called the dealer and talked to the manager. He was extremely arrogant and told me flat out, he's not replacing any tires on my car.

I called Honda America and they suggested I call a Firestone dealer. I did, the one at N83W15300 Appleton Avenue, Menomonee Falls, WI. I told a service writer my issue and within a half an hour it was discovered that, yes, I had a tire out of round, within a half an hour from that, I was back on the road with a new tire. Nothing out of my pocket! Awesome Service Center, I highly recommend them! I would stay away from Schlossmann's Honda City! What would've it cost them, about $60 that they would be reimbursed for?

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Firestone, Mike. We happy to hear that we were able to get you back on the road in a timely manner. Thank you for being a valued Firestone customer and we look forward to working with you in the future. Please let us know when to schedule your next maintenance service. ^ML

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I went into the Firestone in Newport, KY on November 17th for an oil change. When my car was ready, I drove it off of the lot. I get only a few miles from Firestone and my car starts smoking, really bad! I took it back to Firestone and I told ** what was going on, he listened to me. They corrected the problem. On this past Sunday, I was driving to church and my "check engine" light went on and it acted as if it was going to cut off! I wasn't happy! I called after church and I spoke with **, he said for me to bring my car in. I took it in, met with ** and with **. I chose to leave my car overnight for them to be able to fix the problem because keep in mind, nothing was wrong with my car before I took it into Firestone for just a simple oil change.

It's Monday and ** calls me. He describes to me what was going on with my car, he was trying to explain to me that what was going on was totally unrelated to the oil change. I was not happy, and I did let ** know this. After ** explained to me in his professional manner, I ask him how much everything would cost. Again, I let ** know that I wasn't happy.

I have been a customer with this particular Firestone for some time now. I had ALWAYS received GREAT service. ** let me know that my car would be ready to pick up after I got off from work. I thanked him, but I still wasn't happy. ** later called me to let me know that my car was ready. I told her that I knew that it would be because ** said that it would. I asked ** what was the total cost so that I would have the exact money to take into the facility, and ** said, "Nothing." I was like, I needed to hear her say that again because I really didn't believe what my ears was hearing! I said, "What did you say?" She said, "Nothing, Iris, you don't owe a thing. We took care of this for you. We appreciate you as our customer." I was shouting within myself, "HALLELUJAH!"

My daughter picked me up from work to take me to Firestone because I had taken the bus into work. When I arrived at Firestone, I saw ** wearing a smile. She took the time to explain to me, "like a doctor" exactly what had happen to my car. ** said that ** said that with good conscience, he really couldn't say for sure if it was something that they had caused, or if it was something that was already there. This was late in the evening and ** and ** took time with me. ** showed me the piece, the object that was taken out of my car and ** let me know that the Chevrolet Sonic's are known for these types of problems.

I will ALWAYS make Firestone my car shop! Firestone in Newport, Kentucky at 61 Carothers Rd. 41071. I will be getting a new car soon, but as soon as my warranty runs out, I will be right back at Firestone in Newport, Kentucky, as long as **, **, **, **, and ** are there. I have been telling all of my associates, family and friends about Firestone in Newport, Kentucky and I will be saying even more, now! I will keep in touch, I will be bringing pizzas, pop and wings to celebrate my new car with them. They are wonderful people and they really didn't have to be as honest and good natured as they are, but they are. I am forever grateful. Love you guys! God bless you all!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Recently I had a very bad experience with the Firestone center in Mansfield, Ohio; and was ready to give up on ever using the company for any services ever again. However; I met Mike, the manager of Firestone in Centerville, Ohio. The man is honest and will do his best to help you. If the company is wrong, he will tell them so. He saw the shoddy work that Mansfield did to my vehicle and he told them so. If you want an honest, fair and real assessment of your vehicle, I would recommend that you see Mike at the Firestone Centerville, Ohio store.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was traveling from Austin to Dallas Saturday afternoon and my car began to shake. I pulled over and checked my tires. They looked normal. I got back on the highway and I was five miles from Waco. I decided to search for the nearest Firestone. When I got there and explained to ** what happened, he immediately showed great customer service. Although the wait was over an hour, I waited because of his gratitude. After he took a look, he explained to me what happen. I was mind blown. He then told me what my options were. He didn't say, "You need to buy a new tires." He showed deep concern about my safety. ** was able to find the right tire for my car and my budget with a smile on his face. This took place: 1111 Lake Air Dr, Waco, Texas, 76710.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

Took three weeks to get 1 tire. I bought in my fleet vehicle to replace a tire on Saturday. I was told they didn’t have it in stock and they would call me on Monday. I never got a call. A week later I called them. They said the tire was in and they would call to let me know when I could come in. Never got a call. Two weeks later I walk in. Manager is out. Asst. Manager didn’t care. Spoke to area manager. He said sorry. Bad service. No remedy but to finally buy tire on three weeks later. They suck.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 15, 2019

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. I asked for a bulb replacement on my rear brake light and they broke the light and did not tell me. I later learned of this and went back for them to fix it and they claimed it was already broken and they could not fix it. They ripped the LED socket out of the wiring and the repair cost $175 out of pocket and Firestone did not reimburse for the initial bulb change, which was never changed and broken, or the out of pocket repair from their mistake. Shameful and disrespectful to customers. DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR CAR HERE! Atrocious to treat customers this way. I will NEVER return to a Firestone and have told everyone I know of their failure in car maintenance and repair. Firestone, you should be embarrassed.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Took my car into Firestone for a simple oil change, Car had 56,000 on it - Oil had been changed always as scheduled. First, of all the Manager acted as if I were stupid - Ask him for a Mini Oil Filter/ and Full Synthetic Oil - Of which he replied, "The Filter we use is the same if not superior, and there is no such thing as full Synthetic Oil"? I ask what that meant, and he said all puffed up, "That is such a misconception by the public. No such thing - It is always a blend, and that is what you have been getting."

Normally, use Free Service Tire located in Fountain City Knoxville TN - They changed my oil, I ask if they did an overall inspection of belts, hoses, battery, fluid levels, etc. He stated, "That is part of what we do," received the invoice which stated that is what they had checked. Also, ask to check for any leaks, or anything after change - He replied, "You car is 100% and good to go" - A week and a half passes, car smelled of oil after change - My check engine light came on - This time called the Dealer Mini Cooper - 4100, worth of damage - Oil had leaked throughout the engine, incorrect filter, or they had not secured the filter or the plug correctly. Dealer could not tell due all the oil that had leaked through out onto the engine.

No oil reading at all when I pulled into the dealership. Dealer had to steam engine to remove oil, replace belts, hoses, spark plugs, timing chain and many other things. (All these things had been done in the past couple of years as part of preventive maintenance.) Have receipts of all this work was performed before. Dealer had to replace due to the entire engine was covered in oil. This was due from their oil change - Filed a claim with Bridgestone (Firestone is their Franchise). That was on April 7th, 2019, have emailed the adjustor many times with no response - Take my Advice - Never Take your Car to Firestone or Bridgestone - Your dealer actually has a better rate, and warranties their work.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I completed and submitted all the necessary paperwork for my $100 rebate for my Firestone tire purchase. It took months to get a response and now they denied my claim and sent me this response: "PETER PETER, Your reward claim (Claim ID M9154914734024) was not approved due to the following: 100BSROSPRING19 - 2019 Firestone US Spring. We were unable to confirm eligible purchase based on invoice information provided." I will never buy anything from Firestone again!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 10, 2019

I took my car to Firestone in Sumter, SC. to get 4 new tires... oil change and to get a life time alignment. My car was kept til the next day and I was informed I needed some front end work before the alignment could be done. I asked the gentleman on the phone how much all of it would cost... tires... oil change... and alignment too. He figured it up while I was on the phone calling it all out as he done it. I was given a quote of $1100. I got my car back on Wednesday and to my surprise the total was over $1700! I spoke to the gentleman about it. He tried to tell me that the $1100 quote was for the front end work only. That is not what I was told or I never would have agreed to have the work done. I am very unhappy about this! I have done business with Firestone for many years. I have always bought Firestone tires because they outlast all other tires. Never again will I have any mechanic work done by Firestone. Unhappy customer... Doris **

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello, Doris. We understand your frustration with the quote that you were given for the service that you were suggested for your vehicle. We value you as a customer and would like to investigate your concerns further in order to work towards your satisfaction. Please send us an email with a link to your review, your contact information, and the invoice number from this visit so we can address your concerns further. Thank you. ^Steven

Original review: May 8, 2019

I took my car to a service center because my windshield wipers were acting up. They sold me 2 windshield wiper motors for $256 a piece. These are available at any auto parts store for about $40. After they supposedly tested my car I took it. Paid $881 for the total repair. The original problem immediately recurred so I took it back. After 4 days they still couldn't fix it and I demanded a refund. They put my old parts back in and the car hasn't acted up since. These people are vultures app to screw every customer that walks through the door. I would never go back for anything other than to buy tires that were installed elsewhere.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I guess I should have read reviews before taking my vehicle to Firestone Auto in Titusville, Fl. They said my Freon was 1/2 pound low, liars. It only holds 1 1/2 pounds and I checked it before I brought it in and it was full. Cost $249.00. Did not fix the problem, so they say it is a valve and it will costs $250.00 more. I agreed. Stopped working before I got home. Only about 2 miles away. So the next day I am leaving on vacation, with no air conditioner in Florida. They said I had a 12000/12 month warranty, but warranty on what? It is not fixed.

So I come back from vacation and I took my car to a real AC shop. None of the above things were wrong with my AC. It was a wire that had almost worn through. Part and labor cost $150.00. It took 20 minutes for the tech to find the problem. I plan to stop there and talk with them. If I don't get any satisfaction I will try and dispute charges on my credit card and if that does not work I will file a claim in small claims court. This deception has to stop when it comes to auto repair. I would never advise anyone to take their vehicle to Firestone for any AC repair, or for that matter any repair.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I will never ever take my car to Firestone again!! So we just took the car to a different place. They patched it and only took 10 minutes!! The mechanic said there was no reason Firestone couldn’t patch the tire yesterday and sent us on our way and instead they wanted us to buy a brand new tire because they said the hole is too big to be patched!! I would never recommend going there!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

I wouldnt recommend anyone to Firestone at all for anything. I went in one evening after work for oil change cause the light came on. Mind you Firestone was the closest so there I stopped got oil change by pose to be certified tech. Justin left there went straight home. This was on a Weds. Got back in truck on that following Saturday to make a few runs. When I turned it off oil started dripping from the bottom. Now mind you at this point my truck wouldnt start back up at all. Called Firestone. They say bring it back so it's not driveable. Have to get it pulled to them for them to tell me I have a crack in engine. Ok how did this happen? They saying not their fault and being very very rude.

I filed claim with corporate inspector. Came out ok. Now at this point I'm calling leaving voicemails even went over heads tryna talk to supervisor who isnt responding or trying to return my calls. It's 4600.00 to get this fix. I'm single parent of three with other bills. I dont just have that kind of money laying around but what I'm going to do is take what I have and hire an attorney. I've almost lost my job kids getting to school late and they cant even return a simple call. It's poor customer service and bad for their business. They wouldnt get another penny out of me at all. NEVER STOP AT FIRESTONE FOR ANYTHING.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 4, 2019

Store # 019925. Managers: Brandon and Eddie. Appointment scheduled via Firestone website at 12:14am on 5/1/19. Scheduled 4 tire replacement with installation of Bridgewell PS 890 Touring 225/55R18 Out the Door Price $415.71. Upon Arrival Manager Brandon told me that he did not have the tires and it would take over a week to get. I requested his supervisor because I I had wasted my time and I barely made it to that store with a nail in my tire. Spoke to General Manager Eddie, he stated the best he could do was install 2 alternative tires. When I pushed for the other 2, he finally said he would see if another store had this alternative tire.

He finally confirms that the Bossier store has 2. He stated he was going to go get it. At this point it is an hour after my appointment and my frustration is growing. I expressed concerned about the delay, his response was that they are backed up, they would get to me when they could. I reminded him again that this is not honoring my appointment and your Triple Promise.

My car is finally ready around 7pm, 2 hours after my confirmed appt. I paid $240.00 more than the price quote I received online. I was told that they could not honor that price even if inventory was present. I showed both managers screenshots of quote and confirmation. Eddie gave me 15% off total, however that is not close to the amount I was quoted. Firestone is not living by their promise of: Fixed Right, Priced Right and Right On Time. After enduring all of that, you would think I would have received the highest degree of service in an effort to put a bandaid on the situation.

Upon checking my car to see the tires, I noticed scratch marks on all 4 my rims and tires. I completed survey with complaint info. Brandon called me to address concerns. Upon returning his call he told me I needed to bring car back so he could take pictures. Upon my arrival he is standing at the end of the bay smoking a cigarette. Not once did he put the cigarette down while looking at my concerns. Maybe this is okay for your standards, but not once did he consider my standards or allergies.

Brandon walks around the car telling me that the scratch marks are from hitting a curb. I followed him around the car recording him as he explained that the other marks are from Soap/lubrication. After spending $653, I didn't think I would have to take care of their job too. Unprofessionalism-Worst Service -Price Gouging-Damage to my Tires/Rims. Evidence I can provide: Appointment info, Tire Quote with date and time, Receipt, Pictures of Damage, Video of Brandon explaining damage, Cigarette in his mouth while working. Thanks.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have been a Firestone customer for many years. Recently, on several occasions, I have received very poor customer service. I made appointments several times in Temple, Texas for oil change/tire rotation. I paid for lifetime tire rotation. After arriving at the store early for my appointment the service writer takes my keys and my vehicle sits for 45 minutes without being touched. I was never told they were behind schedule or didn’t have enough mechanics on staff. The last time, last week, I had to ask for my keys back so I could leave in time for another appointment. On contacting customer service I was told the store manager would contact me within 48 hours which he never did. Very very poor attitude on the part of Firestone. There are many other tire stores to choose from, which I have now done.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, James. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience at our Temple location. Please email us with your file number or the phone number attached to your file. We will update your file and send your concerns to be addressed by the Area Manager. We look forward to assisting you further. ^Miguel

Original review: April 30, 2019

$2000.00 quote for Tires and Front Brake Job. I dont think I need to even expound upon my title except to say this quote was for a 2012 Rav4. My wife brought it in and requested the work but quote before they started. > $1000.00 for tires. Are you kidding me? >$1000.00 for Front Brake job - this is more than TWICE what I would pay the Toyota dealer! I thought that Firestone had dropped their commission-based service quotes but I guess I'm wrong. Needless to say I told them not to touch it and I'll be going somewhere else in the future. YOUR loss Firestone! I only gave one star because I can't give less.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hi Scott, we would like to know more about your pricing concerns. Please email us with your contact information and the store's information. Also, would you like your concerns addressed by the store manager or at a higher level? Your satisfaction is important to us and we would like to know, how we can make this right. ^Miguel

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 29, 2019

Well I only have Firestone done my work on my vehicle this day after months of driving my Rogue to get my oil change. Indicator never alerted me which the service department didn’t reset. It went back in the same place and told the girl that I needed a oil change said to her, “Please reset my computer.” Well it went crazy. She tried to tell me I needed to take it to Nissan dealership to have it repaired. All I wanted was an oil change not an attitude from her. Well I left without an oil change. Was pissed at being talked to like that. She refused to talk to me cause she thought she was right so I am dissatisfy with Firestone service.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hi Deborah, we are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. Please email us with your contact information and the store's information. Also, would you like your concerns addressed by the store manager or at a higher level? Your satisfaction is important to us and we would like to know how we can make this right. We look forward to hearing from you soon. ^Miguel

Original review: April 28, 2019

Let’s start by saying, I have been a loyal customer at this Firestone for a couple years. Their Manager Brian and head Mechanic German were amazing, honest and if you had a question they were more than helpful and took the time to make sure it was understood. That said, there is a new Manager and new employees here. A couple of months ago, my sons check engine light came on. We took it in for an oil change and to put it on the reader. I got the car back, was told the oil change was complete, and they had documented the check engine light was on. I advised the receptionist, that was why I brought the car in. I paid 150$ for them to place the car on the diagnostic reader and find out, the 02 sensor was bad (a 30$ part at AutoZone). They wanted 300$...

Yesterday I walked out to my driveway. My left rear tire was flat. I noticed a nail in the center of the tire and one about an inch and a half from the sidewalk. I was told by the mechanic, he could not patch the tire due to the nail being too close to the side wall and I needed to purchase a new tire. The tire he quoted was 200$ and they could have it in later that day.

Since I was on my way to Napa for my mom's birthday, I called Les Schwab to see if they had my tire. They informed me, Vacaville Les Schwab had the tire. I diverted to Vacaville Les Schwab, Gave them my car, an hour later, the Mechanic came out and told me, he patched my tire, that I did not need a new tire and the service was free of charge. For his honesty and Customer service, gave him a nice tip and my business from Now on. It’s too bad Firestone has poor business practices. It seems they take your money any way they can. Too bad they lost such a great Manager in Brian and Mechanic in German. Should have held on to those guys. Honesty is always the best practice.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Terry at Firestone George Urban store is always so helpful and trustworthy...It doesn’t matter who in the family he is taking care of...You can always be assured he is giving you the best information and a fair deal. Thank you Terry!

Original review: April 22, 2019

To start off luckily I was not stupid enough to fall for their CON ARTIST ways... but I want to get the word out there to not use the Firestone at 2908 Broadway Pearland, TX 77581. This was the first time for me to go to this location; we usually go to the other location in Pearland, Tx off of Broadway. I went there less than a month ago. I have had just got my tires rotated and balanced at Discount Tires pretty much right next door to this location. We have lifetime alignment on all of our trucks.

So I go there for my appointment for my alignment and about 30 minutes into waiting two guys come inside seeming super concerned. They ask me to come outside with them to look at my vehicle. They start putting on this big dramatic show about how I need a completely new suspension and how they are refusing to honor my lifetime alignment because it is so dangerous for me to drive. Mind you the bill they quoted me for was 2,400.00$ worth of work... I drive a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD that only has 70k miles on it. I also don’t use it to haul or to go off roading. There is no reason I should need a new suspension.

On a side note... My husband is a trained mechanic.. He has a degree in this and use to work for Firestone for 4 years. He also has a buddy that is the manager of the Clute, Texas location. We called the manager he knows and he told us that they are lying. He had just worked on our truck 6 months before and it has no problems like that... Long story short I just want people to know what type of crooks they are. I really think they saw me coming from a mile away. Young college girl in a big truck. Oh she must be stupid. Please avoid this location or this company all together.

Original review: April 22, 2019

This rating would be less than one if it were possible. I took my truck to Firestone in Lake Worth, Texas, to have the TPMS sensors installed, They used their tire machine incorrectly and damaged the rims and did not get them back where they had marked them for balance. I brought it to the service manager, he agreed that they damaged rims and mounted tires incorrectly, asked me to leave it with them and they would send them out to be repaired. Now I am down with my truck for 3 days but ok he is honest and there is nothing to be done about the down time so I am ok with that.

The manager of the store calls me back the next day and accuses me of trying to get a new set of rims from them, states because they were not mint and brand new it didn't matter they damaged them OR WHAT DAMAGE THEY CAUSED. I advised I know they were not new but they were in good shape. Furthermore, it didn't matter what shape they were in, any damage they did to them was on them. I expected to get them back in the same shape I gave them, nothing less and nothing more. He was not happy as I am a Double Master ASE certified tech and told him nicely what the tech did that was incorrect and caused the damage.

It's one thing for Firestone to damage my rims and want to stiff me on it but it is entirely another matter to be accused of trying to get something for nothing. I have been a tech for 30 plus years and never seen anything like this guy. I would never set foot in their store again and as a tech that works with shops and retail customers across the country doing technical support, YOU CAN BET I WILL LET EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN KNOW MY EXPERIENCE WITH FIRESTONE AND HOW IT WAS HANDLED!!! I will say this, if it not taken care of in a timely manner we will be headed to court!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

Went to the Firestone in Northampton Massachusetts to get my car serviced! It was efficient and a very relaxing environment!! Orlando is a great technician!! I came to get my car serviced once before and came back to get it serviced by Orlando again!! I recommend Firestone as complete auto care!

Original review: April 18, 2019

On 3/29/2019, I was at Firestone for a routine oil change and vehicle inspection. It was recommended that I get my brakes serviced, which I initially declined but decided to get done foregoing using my own mechanic to get the work done, which would've saved me a considerable amount of money. I truly regret that decision now! The day that Firestone worked on my rear brakes, I noticed on a very short drive that my truck was vibrating/shaking and I could smell a weird odor coming from the rear brakes I'd just had serviced. A light cloud of smoke was visible. I brought it straight back, explained the issue, and they adjusted my brakes and (e-brake). I noticed the same problem a few days later and was livid! I spoke with the Manager, Sean, and made an appointment to bring it back on Mon., the 15th of April. I arrived at 1:30, for a 2pm appt., and remained there until the shop was closed for the day.

I was and am still extremely upset by the experience! During my time spent waiting for my vehicle, I was told that all of the parts that were ordered to repair my brakes didn't fit because the hardware kits only had 2 right-side parts, when there was supposed to be one for each side. That happened a few times. I was told that 4 vendors were called, plus Ford, and that there weren't any parts to be found for my truck. I sat there waiting all that time only to have to leave my vehicle overnight, which really made me mad because I need my vehicle, and I wound up missing a 10 am appt. on Tuesday, the 16th. It was to take 1 day (a few hours), to complete.

What was to be the correct part was ordered before I left to go home Monday, and it was supposed to be there at 7 am Tues. morning, and I was told that my truck should be ready by 8. Sean was not there on either day, so I dealt with another manager/supervisor. It was discussed that I next to never use my emergency brake, but they thought that I'd be just fine without it as long as I'm not towing, or hauling great weight. So, I was asked if I wanted to have the e-brake removed, and that should solve the problem, and I wouldn't have to leave my truck overnight once again. I was told that if I didn't have the e-brake removed, that I'd continue having the same issue, which is a vibrating/shaking vehicle that "cooks brake pads", etc...!

Knowing that I need my vehicle, and that I was already inconvenienced greatly, I okayed the removal of the e-brake, due to the fact that after calling that morning to find that the parts did not come in and so my truck was not repaired,(I WAS TOLD THEN THAT I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL WHEN MY TRUCK WAS READY TO BE PICKED UP), and later that day I was told that my choice was to leave it again, or allow them to remove the e-brake. I used "Lyft", to get a ride to Firestone on the 17th, arrived around 9am, to find out that nothing could be done except to wait, and hopefully, they'd get the right parts, which hadn't been successful prior to, which could've meant having to leave my truck another night, or let them remove the e-brake.

Over 2 days, I spent too much time (hours) waiting for my vehicle. After I'd left, I thought about my e-brake and that it was removed, so I called the same day to see if they still had it, and was told that it had been discarded. My brakes may have required some work, although it was NOT necessary at the time! I went for a routine rear-brake job, and ended up without an emergency brake! I've been a customer for many years. I remember that a few years ago, I complained about another manager, "JP", if I remember his name correctly, took advantage of me by telling me that I could get my Ranger repaired, (which I was getting serviced there). My alternator, (I think) caused my truck to stop running. It shut down on me while I was driving it.

When I called to see if I had it towed there, could I get the work done the same day, and I was told yes. That's not what happened! My feeling was he said that just to get the job because I didn't get it back until the next day. I'm very very unhappy about my recent experience! I'd like to have something done about this issue. I wish that I would've gone to my mechanic instead because I believe that I'd still have my e-brake, and my rear brakes would've been fixed properly! I'd like to know how this issue can be addressed and resolved to my satisfaction. I'm not sure that I'll ever go there, or to any other Firestone facility again!

I think that my E-brake should be reinstalled at no expense to me! I don't like that my e-brake was working before the brake job, and now I don't have one. More importantly, it would cost me $169.95, just to have Holman Ford in Maple Shade, NJ., inspect it to see what's needed to replace my e-brake. I believe the value of my vehicle was lessened by the experience, which I think will make it harder to sell for good money because people like e-brakes. I don't know what else to do! I'm actually infuriated by the experience! I'd like to know how the issue can be rectified.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Hey y’all. I just bought an 07. Love it. Took it for a state inspection and an oil change. Firestone in Christiansburg Va. They found two motor mounts needed replacing. $900. I knew it had a rattle in front end but thought it was the right ball joint. Great - the rattle is gone! But.... as always I looked to make sure that there was a new filter and I checked the oil. All good. What I did find was the transmission dipstick and the guys caliper hanger laying in the engine compartment. I had words with them and left it at that. Talked about responsibility to ensure the customer's safety and integrity etc etc.

Tonight I go to check the oil and find a plastic cover way down on the skid plate. Holes melted in it. Where the ** did that come from. Start looking around and found where it went. Cover for what looks like the computer. How pissed am I?!!! Intensely!! What’s my next move? I’m going in there tomorrow to demand a new cover but am I blowing this out of proportion? If they can’t do the little things what else are they not paying attention to!!! Also found a socket arm. Oh. And one of the screws holding the brackets were not put back in.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I’m not happy at all with Firestone. It’s the last time I will take my car there. I paid 614 dollars for a alternator and they did not even offer me a oil change. I’ve never paid so much money for a repair in my life. I thought it was gonna be 450 or 500. I’m gonna tell all my friends not to go to Firestone.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hi Daniel, we would like to know more about your pricing concerns. Please email us with your contact information, invoice number and further details you would like to add. We will send your concerns to be addressed by our management team. ^Miguel

Original review: April 15, 2019

Took my 2004 Civic into shop to have diagnostic check of the AC system. It was not blowing cold air. After about an hour, I was given an estimate. The AC Compressor was not working? The low end line had a leak. The AC system needed to be recharged after a new line and compressor was installed. Cost $1,200. Compressor $ 577. Line $150. Refrege $150. Labor $500? So, out I went. Now, I took it to my mechanic. AC Compressor working, Check R 132 level good, AC clutch engaging. Added a little R 132. Blowing cold air. My research on parts: AC Compressor $100.00, Line $30.00, R123 $19.00. So, the AC compressor was indeed working, even if it wasn't the repair estimate for parts and labor would be about $900 more?

Firestone Service Centers response

Hi Pat, we would like to know more about your pricing concerns. Please email us with your contact information, invoice number (if available) and the store's information. Also, would you like your concerns sent to the store manager or at a higher level? We look forward to assisting you forward. ^Miguel

Original review: April 13, 2019

This morning I noticed my brakes squealing a bit, I shopped around online and found a $50 off coupon which I had sent to my phone via SMS, I decided to give them a try. The price jumped from estimate of $209 to $366 dollars, they claimed rotors could not be resurfaced, I think that's actually unlikely as I had them replaced 2 years ago and got my vehicle in so quickly after noticing the issue. But the real joke was when I presented them with this $50 "coupon" upon payment, they said it had already been applied. I said, "How can this be as I've not even shown it to you until now", she pointed around on the very confusing bill to show that 2 "discounts" had already been applied and that they added to $50, I said these numbers don't actually add to $50 but she insisted that somewhere and somehow it was already included in my quote. Total bait and switch, I find this company's marketing methods highly questionable, to say the least.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I received great service from the time I walked in. The mechanic explained to me about the tire service I would receive in detail. It was great service. Thank you Firestone for your wonderful customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This Tuesday, April 10, 2019 I took off from work to drive to Fredericksburg to pick up a used car that experienced significant problems. My mother purchased the car on March 1, 2019 and because of the issue was assured the car could be return. We took the car back to Car City after lengthy discussions with the owner Chris **. Later, after 22 days, we found that the loan Chris stated he could unwind could not be undone.

We then agreed to take back the car. After becoming educated about consumer rights, we agreed to pick up the vehicle. (after 27 days) Chris stated he would refuel the car with a full tank of gas (he did not) and clean it up. I was told when his (Chris) Car City representative took the car to be cleaned he noticed a steering issue and took the car to Firestone for alignment located at 2708 Fall Hall Ave, Fredericksburg VA.

There, according to the Car City rep (Alex) he was told the left tire rod was broken and needed repair at a cost to my mother of $575 dollars, according to **, Store Manager, this price was a deal. I refused the service as I suspected fraud, contacted my lawyer who recommend I have the vehicle towed. When the tow truck driver arrived, he found no issue with the vehicle. I towed it to a reputable service shop anyway.

There, the vehicle was inspected and was found to have no damage. This review serves as the first step in my attempt to alert the public to this fraudulent incident. I have text to back up my claim. I look forward to hearing from someone from Corporate with regard to this incident. Thank you, ** or Behalf of Joan ** a 78 year old retired teacher on fixed income.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information