Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
Firestone Service Centers
1.40/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

Firestone Service Centers

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

909 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

I called ahead to get a price on an oil change (basic). I was quoted $24.99 period. Once my son returned home with my receipt, I noticed that I had also been charged $3.00 for labor as well. My question is this. How the heck do you quote a cost for the change and then list it as "parts" and bill me $3.00 for labor? You people are a joke and will never have to worry about ripping me off a second time. I will be phoning USAA to dispute this scam that was pulled. It is a sad day when a company as large as you guys have to stoop so low as to take $3.00 from your customers.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 16, 2019

Took my 2014 Chevrolet Cruze in for a Oil change on 3/16/2019. I pull out of the parking lot and notice my check engine light is on which was not on before the oil change. I return and inform them that my light was not reset when the oil was changed and the light wasn't on before bringing it to them. So they supposedly reset it but it pops back on a few minutes later. I'm officially done with Firestone. I have lost enough money.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 12, 2019

Had cooling issues so I took my car to Firestone for a diagnosis where they told me I needed a new thermostat. I agreed and paid not only for the thermostat, but also for the cooling system test. Took my car home afterwards and was running fine, however when I drove it to work the next day it died on me in the parking garage. In addition, when I came back out on lunch break, there was a huge pool of antifreeze under and to the side of my car. Called the manager and he helped arrange a tow truck to come off which later they charged me for. I would have never agreed, but he made it seem like they were taking responsibility.

Foolish me, as they called later and told me it was the water pump and it would be an additional 600.00. What can I do besides go in and tell the manager how robbed I feel and then hand over the money so I can I have my car that I depend on to get me to work? I spent additional money paying Uber to take me home one morning from downtown Nashville and in morning traffic that cost a hundred bucks.

I told the manager about the money I spent on Uber and he gave me a tiny discount which equated to 20 bucks. How cheap and small of a gesture to a customer that would have brought future business to Firestone. I trusted them to fix it right the first time, and then when it wasn't fixed, rather than worrying about keeping a loyal customer they'd rather cheat me out of 600 lousy dollars. And the biggest irony of it all is the sign in the lobby that guarantees that it's fixed right or it's free, and I don't believe for one second that it was fixed right the first time. Please stay away from the lying and cheating company called Firestone because they may rob you and your family for even more money than they did me!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 11, 2019

I highly recommend having your oil changed at Firestone if you'd like them to forget to put the oil plug back in, resulting in a burnt out engine on your new car! Or better yet, receiving no response from them on the $11k plus in repairs required due to their negligence! Even better, the cost I am now about to shell out in attorney's fees... OVER AN OIL CHANGE!!!

Hi Kristen,

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at our Newport News location. We have updated your file and alerted your Claims Advisor to contact you as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email or through our DM on Instagram.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you. ^Miguel

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 10, 2019

Updated on 03/16/2019: Well I am officially done with Firestone. Received a call from Firestone this morning telling me they zipped tied the part that they broke back to my car. A good company would have replaced the part. I feel taken advantage of. All ** working in shop. I can only wonder if that makes a difference.

Original review: Well I arrive at Firestone 800 Military Highway in Norfolk Virginia. My car was undrivable. A wire that I had taped up was now hanging from my car and I told them that and he still moved my car. The damage could not drive my car with this wire hanging. Then Eric that works at this location very unhelpful. Very bad experience especially because I've done business here before??? What to do now???‍

Hi Ronnie,

We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at our Norfolk location. Please email us with your contact information, invoice number and further details of your concerns. We will send your concerns to our upper management team.

We look forward to assisting you. ^Miguel

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: March 8, 2019

Went for car repair on a gasket. Currently pursuing Small Claims Court for repair of damage done to the fuel pump while gasket was being repaired ($2000). Went through Firestone protocol of filing a claim. Firestone denies everything based on their "unbiased" report from inspector Allen. Case closed. BUT - A letter of denial about the inspector's report can be submitted for review to another level of supervision... If you use Firestone be prepared for dissatisfaction of work, lack of integrity, lack of communication and no recourse for dispute. Miserable - Stressful - Frustrating - Confused.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I took my 2015 Mazda 3 ISV to my local Firestone Complete Auto Care store on Market Street here in Riverside, CA on Monday March 4th, 2019 to get 4 new tires. I approved their Tune-up, Fuel Injector cleaning and wheel alignment. I got the car back later that afternoon. Then on Tuesday while driving to work on the freeway I hear a high pitch whining noise like the sound of a lathe cutting wood in woodshop. I thought it was from a car passing me in the freeway since I’ve never heard that noise all 4 years that I have been driving my car to/from work every day for the past 5 years.

Then I hear it again the next 2 days. On Thursday I heard it while driving out of my neighborhood in the morning to work. I was only going maybe 10 mile a per hour. So I take my car back this morning to Firestone, explain the high pitch noise and the service guy - who I worked with on Monday- says it sounds like a belt. That’s BS!!! The noise is coming from the left front side of my engine compartment. We’ll see if they can fix what they broke. Otherwise I’ll have to go to a Mazda dealer to get the job done right and pay them to fix what Firestone broke. Then I’ll have to go to small claims court to recover my costs.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla with 189,000 miles; on February 12 2019 I had an appointment for an oil change at 09:00. After the oil change I drove home 5.8 miles. I did not use my car till 6:15 pm. I drove for about 5 miles and my oil light came on and the car stopped. I checked the oil stick and found out there was no oil in the engine. I called AAA and had them tow my car back to Firestone. By this time they were closed. I left the car there and had my wife drive me back home. When we arrived I noticed my oil filter was in my driveway. The next morning I went back to Firestone and showed them the oil filter. The person in the shop proceeded to put oil in the car and tried to start it. Of course my car did not start. After 30 minutes he stated that he spoke to his manager and they will give me a car rental.

I came home and went back the next day to see what was the outcome. I was told to keep the car rental and they have opened a claim and I may need another engine. I received a call from their claims department on February 15 and I was told they will look at the value of my car and if price of replacing an engine is more than the value of car they will offer me the value and will not replace the engine. I received a call on Friday March 1st at 5 PM to be told they valuing my car at 3200 and they are unable to find an engine with 188,000 miles and they will not replace the engine with anything with lower miles. They do realize it was their fault but that is their policy. I am supposed to take the offer in two days. I have called a lawyer and awaiting to see what they recommend.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Good if you only want new tires or an oil change. Had an issue on the interstate where my engine was whining and the RPM would spike followed by the car not being able to accelerate. Eventually the car was not operable because of it. I had the car taken to Firestone. They tell me that the cause of the problem was the alternator and battery. I get those replaced.

Jump ahead two months. First time driving on the interstate since the car issues. Same exact problem from the first time occurs. The engine is whining and the RPM jumps followed by the car not being able to accelerate. I take the car back to Firestone because they have a policy that says if they didn't fix the problem the first time, then they will do it again free of charge. This time they tell me that the issue is the transmission (two other sources also confirm to me that it was the transmission this time). They also inform me that they do not have anyone qualified to do transmission work. This was not the biggest deal. I understand that not every garage is going to have someone qualified to do transmission. My issue comes with the following.

Since Firestone is unable to fix the transmission, I wanted a refund on the $1000 they charged me for the service the first time where they did not properly diagnose the issue and allowed me to drive a vehicle that was not road safe on the road. Rather, they tell me two things. 1.) It is extremely likely that the RPM spike and engine whining followed by the car not being able to accelerate were caused by something completely different two months ago compared to the new issue of the transmission being out. 2.) When I push them on how unlikely it is to have two different issues within a two month span that only occur when I drive long distance at a high speed on the interstate, they tell me that it actually is highly possible.

In fact, they go on to tell me plenty of rare things that they have seen since working like someone getting new tires and those new tires getting flat right after they got them on because the person ran over a nail (how that is a related incidence is beyond me...) They also tell me that there in no way to prove what the issue was the first time because they had nothing in their notes about it. Nothing in their notes? So now it is my fault that they didn't record any notes the first time about what my issue was when I told them exactly what happened the first time? Maybe I am fishing here, but it seems more likely that they are trying to avoid giving me a refund or honoring their policy of fixing the issue if they don't fix it the first time. In the end, they 'generously' gave me back $100 of the $1000 they charged me. How kind... It is safe to say that I will not be going back to Firestone. The service I received was unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

First time there to change power steering hose invoice # 159636 took all day, 6/07/16 now 2/25/19 leaking. Talk to ** to replace under warranty, drop off car 8:30 am, don’t call back till 6:30pm, but close at 7:00 and then tell me have to Order hose and fix tomorrow. Terrible customer service. Don’t bring your car there

801 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates, Il.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I've got a Bluetooth OBD-II code reader in my car, so I knew what my fault code was when I walked up to the counter. After telling it to the guy behind the counter and asking if he'd take a look, he took my keys and went into the back. Half an hour later, he was quoting me $650 (!) for an upstream oxygen sensor. I turned down the repair, but still got charged $107 for a "computerized engine analysis" - AKA, plugging in a code reader and reading the code that they already knew. Another shop quoted me $300 for the same repair on the same day. Also, they listed the price of the part I needed as $240 on my receipt. The same part number at any other auto parts supplier is under $70. Seriously, these guys are crooks.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Very disappointed. Thumbs down. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Their great master technician that charges 95.00 said we had a bad fuel pump only. They had the truck for 4 days. The day we picked it up the manager Daniel ** was at the register, 1st of all he couldn't even count the money we gave him right. Said we were a 100.00 short, my husband told him, "No count it again". Then he said, "Oh it's all there" and said we were all set without handing us the keys. My husband had to ask him, "What about the keys".

Then when we start the truck it's making a noise that we never heard before. So we go get Daniel. Mind you the manager to listen to this noise and he said, "Oh I can tell you that noise is a bad starter. You will need a new starter". The only explanation he could come up with is the noise didn't start until I tried starting the truck. So my truck wasn't making any noise when I left it with them. And they didn't hear that noise the whole 4 days in their possession even though the last 2 days they had to move it in and out of the garage bay mysteriously no noise. But by coincidence when I start the truck for 1st time in the parking lot it makes the noise and everytime afterwards what a letdown. The comment Daniel made to me is I can give you a quote for a new starter but you're not gonna like it, was just very poor customer service. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought 4 Bridgestone Dueller A.T. REVO 3 and needed them mounted on my custom 17" wheels which still had the old tires on them and were not mounted on my Tahoe. I dropped off my wheels with old tires on them at 11AM Saturday Feb. 16th at the 4390 Eaton St. Mt. View, Colorado location and was told I could wait for about an hour or pick them up later. I had errands to run so I would be back in a couple of hours. I called a couple of hours later to check status of tire change and they still were not ready? The store closes at 6PM so I figured I'd show up at 5PM to pick them up, they still were not ready. They had been mounted but not balanced because they were having problems doing so. I told them to forget about it - that I would have it done later.

After looking at my rims closer I noticed all 4 had sustained physical damage with gouges and scratches and was told by the service manager that it was normal and common which isn't right and a bunch of baloney. I told him I wanted a full refund of all labor which he did only after I asked him for the district manager's name and phone number, which he did not give me? ** also told me that warped or bent rims can create a problem for balancing. I informed him that I've never hit anything or done anything to bend or warp them and have never had any problems with the wheels until they got ahold of them, after seeing the scratches and gouges I think they bent my rims and created the problem.

I've been trying to find a phone number for Corp. Regional office in Denver Co. for customer complaints but their website gives you the runaround. I looked on the back of my receipt and found a Customer Retention phone # 1-800-367-3872, it's a start because they definitely need to be held accountable for the damage incurred to my rims while in their possession. This is the 3rd location I've tried and all 3 locations have produced less than satisfactory results. 3 strikes you're out!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Dropped my car off Saturday at 9:00am after calling and they said to drop it off. I called at 3:30pm to check on my car and the guy said on the phone he had no idea that my car was there. I then called at 5:45pm and they told me they were working on my car. Finally on Sunday I called for the status on my car and her told me “they haven’t figured it out yet “. At that point I got a ride to pick up my car and the guy at desk told me the battery was disconnected and they just left the car sitting in the parking lot for two days. A car worker connected my battery and I took the car. My family has been customers for a long time, and I will never go back there again, very disappointing! Now I have to Uber to work for Monday.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

If I could give NO stars I would! I have taken my vehicle here three times now and they've struck out with me- I will NEVER go back... Not to ANY Firestone. I knew they were overpriced to begin with (researched in advance), however, the location was extremely convenient as it allowed me to WALK from home and back to drop off/pick up my vehicle. The whole experience with this FRAUD of a company has been so daunting that I will not go into all of the details. Suffice it to say that if my car should break down in their parking lot, I would pay to have it TOWED elsewhere!

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Amy. We would like to know more about your experience, to help resolve this situation. If you could email us with your contact information, invoice number (if available) and details of your concerns, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to your timely response. ^Miguel

Resolution response: Feb. 12, 2019

The manager called and explained it was a mistake that there is no need for a coolant leak diagnostic and that everything is now fine with my car. I am updating to three stars since they did reach back out but I am still not sure I can trust that everything that was already done was needed but since they did the work I am agreeing to not dispute the charge for the work that was done. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had went in for an oil change Tuesday Feb 5th at the National City/San Diego Firestone and told there was an oil pan leak and brake issues, so I went in next day for the diagnostics and was told I have $1800 worth of work. So at first I said just do brakes but called back and said do it all. At that point being concerned, I go back the next day to pick up my car and Alan stated I declined the coolant leak detection, but he never mentioned it and now it's another $70 just to diagnose the leak even though they already did a leak diagnostic.

So my uncle checked my car out for me and he said there is nothing showing up plus there are no leaks, I have full amount of liquids even after days of being parked, there are and never been leaks on the ground, drove my car over 2 hours straight past couple of weeks and there is never low fluid, car is not overheating and no warning lights, I think I was being tricked into this stuff especially being a woman. How do I know if the other stuff now needed to be done. I am so upset about this and thinking about getting a lawyer because it is wrong to take advantage of people. Avoid Firestone and go else where.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I needed two front tires and an alignment. I had researched and gotten a tire quote online. Went to the store and was told the least expensive tire was $100.99. This was after I asked for the on sale tire that was $62.99. I was told they were out of stock. I said I would wait until the tires came in. I was then offered a discount on labor. Price went from $399 to around $350. I again stated I would wait for the tires to come in. Sales person then went into shop to see if he could find something else that would work. He returned moments later telling me I was in luck, he found just the tires I was asking about. Someone had ordered them and not picked them up. He would let me "have" them.

I then showed him the online quote which specifically stated that those tires were in stock at the Natick MA store, had to further ask for the 10% discount shown on the quote. Salesperson then mumbled an apology for the “mix up" and said something about having to correct what the inventory said. Be very aware of what you are doing. In my experience, it is better to tell them what is wrong with your car rather than asking them to diagnose. After reading these other reviews, I'm actually aghast at the rampant dishonesty throughout this company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My son in college had an alternator and battery replaced at this Firestone on September 28th. Less than 4 months later (Jan 17, 2019) the alternator had to be replaced again. The alternator installed by Firestone was defective. My son broke down in another town and had to get it replaced right away to get back on the road. Firestone won't make good on the bad alternator because he didn't come back for them to replace it. After store manager said there was nothing he could do, I was put in contact with Area Manager. He said there was nothing they could do since they wouldn't be able to return the bad alternator to their supplier. But, I have the bad alternator to give them so they can return it to their supplier... "Oh, well there is still nothing we can do".

I then asked the area manager to provide me with the contact information of a higher level individual at Firestone so that I could escalate the issue and get a resolution. Well, been trying to get that contact information for 13 days now and the area manager simply says "It won't do any good to contact others because it will always come back to me". When I contacted Firestone customer service asking for higher level individuals with more authority, they respond by saying "regional mgr will contact you", then "divisional manager will contact you". Of course, none of them ever do. Not only would I recommend you not use this Austin, TX Firestone, I would suggest you don't use any Firestone. They installed a bad part and won't make it right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I went in for tires and they said I needed 1625 in additional work so I told them, "Just put the tires on and I'm going to get a second opinion," like I always do and the mechanic I took my car to said I only need 300 dollars in work. I won't go to this place ever again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have been bringing my cars to Firestone for years only for the reason we have a Firestone card and make use of the 6 months interest free financing they offer since most times it's difficult to pay out of pocket all at once for car repairs. That being said, we are DONE! My care was there in June 2018 for tires and BRAKES. Come September, my car is acting up, not accelerating and the check engine light is on, traction light on, oil light on. Bring it back in. Later that day I am told I need camshaft sensors to the tune of $309.98 and an Engine Pressure Sender $308.59 + Tax and fees.

In addition, I requested an oil change $36.58. Repair the above mentioned items and $810.49 later I am on my way. SIX weeks later, my car is doing the EXACT SAME THING and all of the lights are back on. Back to Firestone I go. I am told yet again I need to replace the Camshaft Sensors. WHAT?! I just had that done 6 weeks ago. "OK then it should be under warranty" and in addition they say my calipers on the brakes that they just installed 5 months prior have seized! $471.10 So, now I am thinking I should be good for quite some time. WRONG!

FOUR weeks later same problem and all lights are back on again! Bring it back in again and they say "Camshaft Sensors". I'm like NO!!! I had this done in Sept and again in Nov. Something else has to be causing this to happen. "OK, we will call our tech line on Monday and see what they recommend". Monday they call me and say it is NOT the camshaft sensors and that my engine is burning oil faster than normal and that is causing the lights to go on. I just need to add oil to the car more frequently.

So you are telling me I paid for camshaft sensors in Sept for $309.98 for nothing??? "Looks that way"! So I say, "OK, just do the oil and I will be on my way." They tried to charge me $99 for the engine diagnostic when I already paid for it in Sept and they replaced things that weren't even the cause. They removed that charge. Go to get in my car... DEAD! Won't start. They jump the car and lo and behold my engine light is back on. Could be from the jump.

Now they are saying my car was dead because I need a new battery. "UMMM... Didn't you do the courtesy check which includes the battery check." "Yes, but we were more focused on the engine light" but you put it on my bill. So you are saying you did things that you didn't do... $249 for the battery and this will be my VERY LAST purchase from Firestone EVER! I myself, my husband and my mother, who have been using them for years will NEVER be back, in addition to anyone and everyone I can tell about their poor service! FIRESTONE, you lost our respect and you should be ashamed!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I requested an appointment online through the Firestone website. I received both an acknowledgment and a subsequent confirmation email. When I showed up at 7:00 am to the Daphne, AL tire center, I was told they couldn't take me. If I wanted to leave my truck all day, they'd try to fit me in. I restated that I had a confirmed appointment and the staff said, "Well, we tried to call you last night to tell you not to come". That was it, no other statement except, "It's not our fault!" in front of a lobby full of customers. I took my truck to Walmart for the simple oil change and tire rotation and received great service. After being a +20 year customer, I can no longer recommend any Firestone Service Center.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I will never go to Firestone ever again. Never knew a simple oil change result in a new engine. I went to Firestone for oil change in Atlanta GA. In 1 week my oil went low and now my engine is mess up. Firestone ** my engine up.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Late December, 2018, I went to Firestone on Joint Base DML, to get my donut spare for my 2008 VW R32 valve stem replaced. It had a audible and visual leak at the top of the valve stem. I did not tell the service so called tech, the size or type car the donut spare was for. I go in and ask them how much to replace a valve stem on a donut spare. The so called tech goes, "Nope. Can't do it. That wheel is too big to go on our tire machine. You have to go to the dealer and get a new wheel and donut tire." I replied, "For a valve stem!!!!" The so called service tech, proceeds to apologize as I turn around, and quietly head for the door.

I then drive about 10 miles to Morgan Tire, where I usually get my tires from, this time I bring the donut spare in with me. The Service Tech asked what I had. I told him about the bad valve stem. He said some of them are a little tricky to get to, looked at the wheel and said, "Oh. Yours isn't too bad." "You waiting for it, or dropping off?" I asked how long a wait it would be. He said they had a few cars ahead of me, about a half hour. I waited, and about a half hour later it was done. I asked how much, he said $10.00 bucks. I told him, "thank you very much," and went on my merry way.

I've rebuilt engines, transmissions, and rear ends. I know a little bit about cars, and knew you don't buy a new wheel/tire assembly to replace a bad valve stem. I don't know what their problem was but these guys are no good. Might file a complaint with the Base. Just went here because it was about a mile or two closer. Besides, no one can screw up a simple job like this, right? WRONG!!! I was very WRONG!!! Learned my lesson, you've been warned!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

FALSE DIAGNOSIS. Had a power steering leak diagnosed by Firestone and was told 2 lines needed to be replaced. Quote 900 dollars. Very high but needed it done. Returned the next day and noticed leak under car. Firestone rechecked their work and said all is good 3 weeks later and still leaking so back to Firestone. Now they say rack is leaking. Rack is only 6 months old. Brought to another shop and was told line was stripped and replaced it. Line plus labor 90 bucks. I have called complaint line on 12/31/18 reference number is ** and still no one from district management has called me. I want a full refund for my aggravation.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had been going to the same locations for years now. Every time I go. Seem like I can never go without them telling me something is wrong. To make a long story short last week I took my car in for brakes. The worker told me I needed rotor. Keep in mind I have never had my rotor turned. I asked if they could be turned they tell me no. So I agreed to have brakes and rotor done. A week later, I had a nail in my front driver side tire. I take it to the same location on Galloway. The worker Jake tells me they can not patch my tire because the thread was too low.

Since my tires was under warranty they could give me a brand new set of tires that was higher than what I paid for the original set. I asked Jack if I could get the same brand which was Primewell 215/55R17. Jack advised me that Firestone no longer sell that brand. It was discontinued which was a lie. I decided not to get the tires since they wouldn't fix my flat. I then decided to call another store, spoke with Lee at the Centerville location. Asked if they had any Primewell tires. Lee advised yes they do. They had some in stock and so did the store I just left. At this point Firestone will never get another dollar from me.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I went to the same Firestone where I have been going for a couple years now. I went there for two tires. And they destroyed my two rims. They handed my car back to me knowing they messed my rims up and didn’t even tell me, So I went in the store to tell the store manager, he then came out and looked at my rims, Acknowledged that they completely scratched my two rims up. He then said he will have them fixed. So he called me a couple days later to have me drop my car off. I have the rims fixed.

When I went up to pick my car up they didn’t fix all the scratches they created. They did a crap paint job and said they fixed it which they didn’t. So since I got nowhere with the store manager I then called the 1800 number. Put a claim in. I then never got a return call from this lady who is supposed to be handling my claim. But I got an email telling me they denied my claim. I have made phone call after phone call trying to appeal their denial with my claim because they are in the wrong and they messed my 200 hundred dollar per rim up. And they won’t take responsibility for it. And I have yet to get a return call from this terrible company.

I've been using Firestone 20 plus years. And I will never use this company again. The last thing I wanna say is 9 months ago this same Firestone completely scratched one of my rims when I was buying a new tire. The rim they destroyed was a brand new rim right out of the box. The store manager called told me they would fix it. Which in this case they fix the one rim, probably 'cause it was a brand new rim. But with my 2 rims they just destroyed. They won’t fix what they jacked up because it wasn’t in perfect condition. But either way they jacked up my 2 rims and won’t fix.

This Firestone obviously has a history with scratching rims. I have low profile tires so don’t know if their machine is screwed up or the people who work there don’t know how to handle my rims, but either way they messed my rims up and won’t take ownership of it. I will never deal with a Firestone ever in my life, Terrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We had rotors replaced 5/2018 at Firestone Complete Auto Care, 6211 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL. when braking the stirring is vibrating. We go back to Firestone on Lincoln Ave, We were informed that the warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles. Of course we have more than 12,000 miles, front rotors need to be replaced plus our back brakes need to be replaced for a price $659. My husband went to another mechanic who stated that the rotors were resurfaced and the original pads are still on. Firestone denies resurfacing. Firestone- you are playing with human safety trying to cut corners.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Firestone in the past has always been my go to center for everything from struts to brakes to exhaust and of course tires. This time my daughter went in to get four tires which in itself was not pleasant. Anyway they upcharged to get four tires Which I agreed to. The main problem is a phone call to my daughter that said they had to replace all the lug nuts because they had "swelled" and the lug wrench would not fit. Let's understand it is just at freezing (32 degrees). How could something so cold (metal swell?). Plus they stated ALL LUG NUTS had to be replaced which is an up-charge of $110.00 plus tax.

All tires had been removed in the past two months without a problem on and off (for a brake job)...plus at least two tires were removed for a state inspection. Again not a problem. How can Certificated ACSEs do not have the ability to work on troubleshooting nuts and not break them in the process. I am currently waiting for a call from Firestone From the tech. This is a known issue. Firestone wants to upcharge on the lug nuts.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello, Peter. Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest possible service when they visit our stores and we are saddened to learn that your recent visit did not live up to those expectations. Please send us an email with a link to your review, your contact information, and the invoice number from this visit so we can address your concerns further. Thank you. ^Steven

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I went for an oil change at 590 East Roosevelt in Lombard, Il. I was told that oil was leaking after the oil change and that the oil pan needs changing to fix. I was quoted $ 700. I said no and had the car towed to an auto shop. I was told the oil bolt was stripped and cross threaded. I had the auto center that I took it to take pictures of the cross thread. I go for a simple oil change and wind up with no car and a broken oil pan bolt. So far I was charged for the oil change $40 for nothing, that I did not get since they ruined the car.

The tech Adam told me that the oil would be drained before I had it towed. The tech at the new place said that the oil was not drained and the car could have been drove there. Now I am out $250 for the tow that I need to be reimbursed. The shop the car is in now will try and rethread the oil pan. I do not know the charge yet or if he can do it, but I need Firestone to reimburse me for the repairs, the tow and credit the oil change charge on my Firestone card. I hope a new oil pan is not needed or it will really cost me for a simple oil change

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I went to Firestone in McKinney TX on 2930 El Dorado Pkwy to have my brakes done because they were squeaking. Technician said I needed my rotors resurfaced and new brakes on the back. I waited for 2 hours and was asked if I wanted to do alignment also. I declined the alignment then all of a sudden my car was done. 8 months later I bring my car into another mechanic and they told me when Firestone resurfaced my rotors they put grooves into the rotor causing my brakes to wear faster. So 8 months later a full set of brakes and rotors were required.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Matt. We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at our McKinney location and we would like to help. If you could email us with your contact information, invoice number and a link to this review, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to assisting you further. ^ML

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information