Firestone Service Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Brought car in to have positive battery cable replaced. Got car back with a drywall screw holding terminal in place. When I asked the manager he said, "that's how we fix it." This is a Firestone Dealership. Poor excuse for a tire and auto repair shop. Bought many sets of tires and services prior to this. Will definitely not buy from Firestone again. CFNA no help! Closed my account. Would not recommend Firestone or CFNA. VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES. ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS AND NO CONCERN FOR CUSTOMERS! BEWARE!

(07-Aug-2017) We purchased $800 worth of tires from Firestone two months ago (at their Amarillo, Texas Store). We got a nail in one of our tires and went back to Firestone (at their College Station, Texas Store) thinking that they would fix it for free since we just bought the tires from Firestone. Not only did they charge us $20 to fix the flat, they could not have cared less about our feeling concerning the charge. AVOID BUYING TIRES FROM FIRESTONE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS terrible. When you buy new tires from their competition (at any of their locations), you can bring the vehicle in anytime (to any of their locations) for a flat repair at no charge and they will rotate and balance the tires every 5,000 miles for you as well. I will never again buy anything from Firestone.

On May 20th my son took our 1999 Mustang GT into your Firestone location at Durango Dr in Las Vegas with a bad Throw-Out Bearing that any 1st year mechanic could tell in about 1 minute if that long. My son was told it would be no problem and that they recommend replacing the Flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate and throw-out bearing as a set due to the age and mileage. This is all good practices to follow and was a reasonable request so I approved it for my son to have the work done and charged to our account.

On May 24th my son picked the Mustang up as they said the work was done and had been road tested. Later that evening he called me to discuss concerns that he felt were not correct in the way the car was acting and the clutch “feel”. After we talked he returned the Mustang to the same location explaining what was going on and he was told by the Manager that it was the wrong parts installed and it should not have been done.

At that time the “back pedaling” started and everything went downhill fast. All kinds of excuses started flying including my son being told that the transmission was an aftermarket trans so that was part of the problem. They told him they could not find information on the trans and it would be impossible to get the “right” parts for it. My son went down to the location and showed them the casting info and the “tag” that they missed? This car is completely bone stock from the factory.

Ford had two combinations that year and they are very easy to tell the difference in. Ford use a 6 or 8 bolt crankshaft for the flywheel and the trans was either a 10 or 26 spline input shaft. Both very easy to tell the difference if you passed Kindergarten. Now we get into some very interesting errors and out right lying on the part of the crew at this location. My son was told they could not locate the correct parts for the car and he would have to procure them himself. This is an outright lie as they told him that Summit Auto had the parts and set up an order that he would have to call in and pay for to get it shipped to them. I know for a fact your stores have 3rd party purchasing agreements with vendors just for this reason.

Bottom line my son paid for the clutch and flywheel, was without his car for total of 18 days to do a 2 day maximum job, charged for the wrong parts that were ordered and installed and then replaced with the correct parts that my son had paid for. When I contacted Firestone they passed on this info to the Manager (Pierce) to call me, no call so I called him. He was on his day off, then the next call he was on vacation and seems to be way too busy to call for the last month.

Went in for an alignment because my tire was bent. After about 30 minutes Chris called and stated they felt a little vibration when they test drove it and suggested that I get an wheel balanced. I said, "Sure go ahead." Picked up my car maybe 30 minutes later. Drove maybe 2 miles and my steering wheel seemed hard to turn my car started shaking uncontrollable. I immediately turn around and took it back to the shop. They said we will do an steering and suspension inspection for free. I'm thinking the inspection should have been done prior to the work, at least that what it says on their website. They found all kind of things wrong with my vehicle including leaking struts, wobbly steering etc. things that any other mechanics said should have been fixed prior to the alignment getting down.

I left my truck there from Sunday and picking/towing tomorrow. Some of the workers were not friendly at all (Scott) acted as though I was bothering them. I filed a complaint because if they would have not done the alignment I probably could have saved up the money to get it repaired at a later date. I missed worked, had to catch Ubers to get around. Firestone (Richard) from customer service said it's not their fault. Basically telling a customer so what if they did an alignment without checking the steering and suspensions first, they did not caused the issue. They did say they will send me a check for the alignment and wheel balancing but they caused me 1,000's of dollars. HORRIBLE SERVICE! I am looking into legal matters.

Called ahead to set up appointment to mount and balance tires that I supplied and do front end alignment. I told them on phone it was a crew cab dually three times, each time asking if it would fit on alignment rack. I was told no problem. When I show up I'm told they can't do it... I told them I asked three times when making appointment and they had zero concern... Now I've got new tires on a vehicle that I know is out of alignment, and I have a trip this weekend so I was stuck getting tires and no alignment... So now I will be tearing up new tires on this trip... Train your front desk on what your equipment is capable of... They referred me to a shop that can do it, but it's too late for them to do it... Guess they just wanted to get the tire mount money and not care that I would be an unhappy customer... Bad business in my opinion...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Since the end of May 2017, I have been dealing with Firestone Tire Corporation. I initially brought my truck in because my truck was shaky when driving and my engine light was on. I was quoted $99 for an engine diagnosis and was advised this will inform them of everything wrong with my vehicle. They called me to advised me four separate codes came on and to correct it the cost would be under $900. I stressed the importance of handling all safety measures and they assured me they were.

Once I paid and picked up my vehicle, I didn't even make it off the lot before the engine light came on again and the shaking was still noticeable. I went right back in and they advised me that they only did 3 of the 4 codes because they thought it would fix the problem and they were trying to save me money. They went ahead and fixed the final code and I paid an additional $127. At the time, they reviewed other things with me concerning my vehicle but said they weren't pressing safety issues and I would be fine.

A few days later I went to get an oil change at Meineke and the mechanic asked me if I had a will for death? The reason being my tires were about to split wide open. I was so upset as I stressed the importance of taking care of all safety issues concerning my truck and trusted Firestone did just that. I decided to go back to Firestone after speaking with them and they convinced me to get four brand new tires as it was a better deal that came with a $100 rebate. I put these tires on Firestone credit along with some windshield wipers.

Once my tires were put on I received a call from Justin at Firestone Acworth, GA location and he advised me they couldn't do the alignment and rotation because my tire rod was bad. I asked why didn't they tell me this prior to selling me the tires and he stated they can't determine that ahead of time. I paid less than $600 for the tires and windshield wipers. Shortly after this (days) my truck broke down in the middle of the road leaking gas. I paid to tow my car to Firestone and they charged me $69 stating a cap was loose. Then two additional lights came on my truck and there was a burning smell coming from the right passenger side. Near the front passenger's feet was very hot. I brought my truck in yet again.

Reynaldo called me to tell me my truck now needed $1400.00 additional work. I told him I've already paid almost $2K for this truck based on all their recommendations and I couldn't afford to put more money into this truck. He said he would speak to his manager and call me back. He called me back to tell me they reduced it to $1000 and was only addressing the safety concerns and would also give me a preferred customer discount of 15%. He assured me this work would resolve all my issues and would cost me less than $900 so I agree believing my truck would be in great working condition. He called me that when my truck was ready. I paid an Uber to go get my truck. I paid Justin the amount due and left the lot. I didn't even make it 2 miles down the road before the same codes reappeared and the horrific burning smell.

I was flustered and furious as I needed to get my daughter back to college in Savannah. I called Firestone but they had closed already. I had to pay for a hotel because I no longer live in Acworth and bring my truck back in the morning. They called me before I could call them to see how my truck was running and I told them the problem was not corrected. They instructed me to bring it in again. I brought my truck in and Donna (the new general manager who took Gary's place) asked me if they fixed my problem and I nodded no. Reynaldo raced over to me to tell me not to worry he's gonna take care of me and fix the problem. I left my truck with them yet again. This is June 28th (I remember because it's my daughter's birthday).

Once he completed the work, he called to inform me. He also had the audacity to tell me he could no longer do anything for me for free and going forward he wanted to make sure we were clear that the slate was clean. I advised him immediately that he absolutely did nothing for me for free and the only thing he did was fix the problem I paid for multiple times over that was still not corrected. I was so upset by his comments as I had been extremely patient leading up to this point though this probably made it my 7th visit within 5 weeks.

I called Firestone Corporate to issue a official complaint. Reynaldo told me he worked on my tire rod initially along with some other things and the next day my front bearings. He assured me these codes would no longer come on and the burning smell would be gone. Well sadly, this was not the case. The codes and burning smell happened again. I was IRATE. I made it to Savannah and brought it to Firestone there. They were too busy and asked me to bring it back. I filed another complaint. This time Maurice the area manager called me but I was already on vacation and wouldn't be back for a week. He told me no problem when I get back call him and bring it in. I did exactly that. The only problem this time Maurice was on vacation.

Savannah Firestone checked my truck and discovered the code that keeps appearing with the burning smell has nothing to do with the prior work done. So basically the previous technicians were either incompetent or using my truck as a guinea pig doing exploratory treatment. I have been taken advantage by a corporation I trusted. The reason I chose Firestone is because I'm going through a divorce and wanted a company I could trust to fix my problems so I could be safe on the road with my children. I have spoken to the area manager Maurice regarding the recent update and my problem still not resolved and I'm not satisfied. I am requesting a full refund as I only agreed to pay for work on my vehicle that would fix my problems.

As you can see, it has not and my vehicle is still not repaired. I have paid almost $3,000 for a vehicle that's not even worth that much and my truck is worse off than when I initially brought it in. I escalated again to corporate and Maurice called me back and told me that Firestone would be willing to pay for a diagnostic but unable to reimburse me for work done that they told me was fixing my problem but never did. I was misadvised, my truck was misdiagnosed and monies were taken from me unethically. I want this matter resolved and I don't want to involve an attorney but if I have to I will.

I purchased a large gift card and my son misplaced it. I have the receipt and account number. I went back to the store and they e-mailed corporate office numerous times and got no response. I called the gift card services numerous times and they too e-mailed the corporate office numerous times and no response. This has been going on for over a month. This is very poor customer service. I have been told by everyone I have spoken with that they are only able to contact the corporate office thru e-mail and that they are the only one that can rectify the problem. Needless to say after five weeks of trying to contact them numerous times they have no intention of helping me resolve this problem. I am going to file a claim in small claims court. The gift card is for a large amount and I can not afford to let them keep my money.

After 20 years of being a customer of Firestone, having many vehicles serviced between Asheville & Hickory, NC locations we are no longer going to waste our time (or hard earned monies) any longer as repairs are not always correct, your time is wasted and mechanics seem to guess (low skilled) and the Younger Millennial Manager only seems to want to bill you for more and more at $125.00/hour, hugely marked-up parts, talking to me like I am ignorant and I am twice his age! Where the hell has the respect gone today I ask? This manager does not like to be questioned about anything (costs, charges. results), His feelings seem to get hurt, he becomes argumentative, yet I want to know the truth and be dealt with honestly as I do for my own business customers. I am a licensed contracting business owner. We DO NOT charge $125.00/hour and lucky if we can survive on 1/3rd that and operate our businesses legally in this area...

But This Hickory Store seems to go through managers, and customer service is very poor as is the customer waiting area hardly serviced. You cannot rely on repairs being 100%, many times had to come back inconveniencing our schedules to do so, given excuse after excuse what problem is, etc etc etc... as many times (we) and others I read about have to waste more of our time to take vehicles back to them to try to fix a problem you already paid previously for.

After events today, seeing the manager (Chris) talk down to me, become condescending and argumentative after I questioned charges, I told him NO MORE and took my keys and left! I had to bring my truck in twice in the last 48 hours for them for a problem that supposedly was fixed in March costing me over $2,000.00 then!!! They seem to guess at the problem, and I being a professional troubleshooter over 35 years, these younger generation kids they have do not have a clue how to approach a problem correctly, or analyze it, yet want to charge an exorbitant fee (giving it a big label) to do so and yet, you can never be 100% sure things are fixed. Double talk by this Store manager today, arguing with me in front of my young son and wife, he even threatening to call Police on me for getting upset with him, we all left and I told him I am taking this to Corporate.

With my many personal and business vehicles over 20 years' time, we have spent MANY, MANY $Thousands of dollars for repairs/service, but in recent times, Firestone and its people at this store seem to be missing the bar in many areas. Just read all the reports against them, and corporate needs to do something or else Firestone will go bankrupt as customers leave them.

Over the past 6 months or so we have had continually bad customer service from the individuals who check you in and out. We finally decided to go somewhere else. Ran into 2 of the mechanics/front end guys at lunch one day about 2 weeks ago. They mentioned they hadn't seen me. I explained about all the problems we have been having with the people upfront and had decided we should just go to the dealership. After some persuading I agreed to try again. 7/9/17 Went online and scheduled an appt. "for an oil change and tire rotation" on Sunday 7/16/17 at 8:30 am to drop off the vehicle. 7/16/17 Arrived at 8:15 am to drop off vehicle. When asked when we would be picking it up I said 1:00 pm. Arrived back at service center at 1:15 pm. Austin went to check me out however, my paperwork and key were not up front. He went to the back and brought up my paperwork and key. He stated that it had not been serviced yet.

I told him the gentleman I dropped it off to said no problem. He told me his store manager was there today and to speak with him. When he came back in the store from the parking lot, I realized that the guy from earlier this morning was indeed the store manager. Austin told him about my vehicle, he then ask Austin what "hook" it was on. He said they dropped the ball and could I wait that I would be next. I politely declined and left. I would never recommend anyone to go to this service center. I rated this as a 1 because there was not anything any lower. Really disappointed in how the service has continually went downhill over the last couple of years.

It was the worst experience I have ever had in my life in servicing of my car. I got emission codes due to which I had to bring the car to service center to repair the engine. They repaired the engine and charged me 1000 bucks. When I picked my car my wife drove and she started experiencing bouncing up and down on bumps. I complained for it to Firestone and they diagnosed the issue again. They said that it's the strut issue and another 1000 dollars will resolve my issue. This problem was never existed before I dropped my car the first time. Never go into the traps of Firestone service center in Perimeter Pkwy, Atlanta.

Please read & please share & please ask others to share. 3 1/2 weeks ago I took my car to the Firestone on State Street in Orem. They put differential fluid in my transmission. They acted like I was lucky because I got a free transmission fluid change, even though earlier that day when I requested a transmission fluid change they told me that they could not do that because they do not do anything on Subaru transmissions, that they're touchy and I should only take it to the dealer. The story changed as I spoke to them. When I picked up my car first I was just lucky and they decided to do it and it was complimentary, then they made a mistake that the car had never been started, then the car had been started, every evolving story.

I asked why it had not been taken to the Subaru shop immediately when they found out they had made a mistake & I was told that they looked it up online and it turned out to be easy so they did it. The manager was not in and it was evening so they said it was safe to drive home and I drove home. The car was lurching and felt different within a few miles. The Subaru shop said that the new fluid could still be contaminated & could be the cause of lurching. The store manager refused to pay to have it taken to Subaru shop to get checked out, also refused to give me the name and contact information of his supervisor or a complaint department at Firestone. I had to do a Google search to get that information.

Yesterday (3 1/2 weeks later) the claims department finally got back to me and authorized taking my car to the shop and a rental. The area manager while I was waiting for the claims department to proceed told me to go ahead and rent a car that it would be covered. I only rented it for two days and used my bike the rest of the time. The claims department yesterday said to submit the receipt for the rental and they would reimburse me.

Here's what I got in response. Basically they want me to release them for all damages, to not have to repair my car that is now having transmission problems, or pay for for the current rental, want me to agree to a confidentiality clause and also to not file any complaints or damages with any government agencies, etc. in exchange for paying for two days of rental last week.

April 24th 2016, I brought my truck in because the AC was not blowing cold air. After diagnosis of the AC, it was determined the condenser fan failed. I paid over $400 to have it replaced. After 1 year and 2 months, the condenser fan failed again, and I was told I needed to replace it AGAIN. In addition, I was told the part and service was not under warranty due to mileage and the warranty expired after 1 year. I find it appalling after several years of repairs on both my vehicles, my wife's vehicle, and my fleet service that Firestone would put a part in my vehicle that would only last barely over a year, regardless of the mileage and would not warranty labor and/or part. We have invested our vehicles into Firestone and clearly there is no investment in us. We will be cancelling our Firestone cards and taking our business elsewhere.

As a paying customer of Tires Plus in Boca Raton Florida, I went in by appointment to have my tires rotated, and oil changed. The oil leaked out all over my driveway the next morning, they took my vehicle back, and I had to take a cab to work. When my vehicle was returned to me, the back door was rattling, a hammer banging sound from bottom right of vehicle. I called to report this & brought the vehicle back to the same store. The store clerk said "Oh all cars make sounds, it must have been there and you didn't notice it". Then the mechanic looked at it and said its just wear and tear and they said they would write me an estimate for the repair (which turned out to be incorrect diagnosis.) They never gave me estimate, or followed up with me.

I called the home office of Firestone 27 times and was repeatedly told an area manager would call me. It was only when I went into their chat room and said I'm filing with FL Attorney General office did they call me. I told them every phone call I am a single woman and use my vehicle for work, my vehicle is NOT safe to drive, so I can pay my bills and mortgage. I have lost considerable income to date from dealing with my now damaged vehicle. My vehicle is now at my dealer and they have properly diagnosed the damage was confirmed to the door, handle, and bracket below damaged costing under $1,500. As of yesterday, the claims dept has denied paying for the damage, and suggested I file an insurance claim. When I replied I am not accepting their denial they then have now offered me to go back to their own center and they will give me a discount that I have to pay to fix the damage they caused.

So to date, my vehicle is at my dealership, and is not safe to drive, so I am in a rental car. I am sending this story to the media. I need my vehicle fixed by Firestone who claims their worth over 200 Billion dollars, but have not taken responsibility for damaging my vehicle. There are no pictures, as the damage can be heard when my vehicle is in motion, and goes over any small bumps. I have informed Firestone claims dept manager I cannot drive my vehicle as is. They have made a conscious disregard for the safety of their own paying customer. I told them I need the go ahead to my dealer to repair it at their expense or I'm filing with addition State and US offices. This is going on over 2 weeks, I have lost many hours of work, sleep, and feel like I'm on the verge of nervous breakdown. Firestone doesn't care.

Since May 2017 I have been to Firestone on Harrisburg Blvd in Houston Tx. I first went in to have my right wheel bearing replaced. A week later I had to take it back due to a loud noise. They told me the wheel bearing they replaced was a defect so they fixed it again. A week later I was back at the shop because of the same noise. They then told me I had to replace the left wheel bearing and that would fix the noise so I had them do the other wheel bearing. A couple of days later I had to take my Jeep back cause the same noise was still there. At this time they then told me I had to leave my Jeep overnight because they had to order a part from the dealership.

The next day I went to pick my Jeep up and it seemed to be running good with no noise. About two weeks later I start hearing the same noise again. So again I take my Jeep back for the same noise that started since May. I don't understand what the problem is but at this time I am very upset with Firestone. So much money I have spent for something that can't even be fixed. I'm still waiting for them to call me that my Jeep is ready and I hope that this is the last time I hear that noise. If the problem is not fixed I will look into further action with this company. I will never go to Firestone again and I will let social media know how bad this Firestone is.

Do not take your car to the Firestone on Meridian address on 121st. I called for a quote on a regulator and he said 399.00. Then called the next day to make appointment to get the work done and he quoted me 419.00. Then my husband called the next day to change appointment and now the quote went up. Very bad customer service and dishonest!!

I used them in May 11, 2017. They did the technical inspection and offered to replace all 4 tires, replace alternator drive belt, do alignment service on my truck. I agreed and paid 622 dollars for the job they did. I have an old Toyota truck that never caused me big problems. I traveled a lot on it. So after I left the station I started to hear a strange banging noise from the back that I never heard before. A few weeks later I went back to the Firestone and asked them to look at it. I was told that the spring locker was taken from one side and put next to the other one on the opposite side.They immediately started to tell me that they had nothing to do with it and I took the truck after they worked on it somewhere else to work on it more.

It was a despicable lie and I told them so. When I came home I called the Firestone 800 number and complained to them. Then some employee Paul called me and started to scream assuring me that they had nothing to do with the problem, that I can bring my truck to their other station for full day and they will look at it and charge me for that. I had no intention of paying them more money for something they did from the beginning and asked my neighbor who is a license auto technician to look at my truck. He immediately told me that when they were working on my truck at Firestone they simply forgot to put the part back on its place. He fixed the problem in 15 minutes. What made me mad was the inability of the Firestone people to admit to the error and deal with it on the spot. Instead I was bullied aggressively by them. Firestone, teach your employees some conflict resolution techniques and make them treat paying customers right.

What brought me into Firestone was that the front shocks needed to be replaced on our 2011 Dodge Avenger. So I brought our car into the shop on Saturday to get the work done so everything got FIXED and I left. Well apparently it wasn't. There was a horrible knocking sound coming from the driver's side so I immediately took our car back in to be looked at. Come to find out the sway bar links came loose and was banging around. They're like "oh we took care of it. You're good to go. Have a nice day." Lo and behold the very next day I had to bring the car back for a second time because it's making a clunking noise from the front right side. This is the service we receive after paying $1000 for professional service. Firestone on Jefferson in Rockford IL we will never come back and we are cutting up our credit card. If you want professional service don't go to Firestone.

I have been dealing with a situation since 4/3/17 in regards to poor customer service and lack of repairing my car at a local Firestone in Conyers, GA. This particular shop is such a mess that they don't know if a car is ready or not. I ended up driving back to VA, where I use to live, and getting my car repaired there, because Phil at Firestone in Conyers, GA refused to continue to check on the issue, which was a noise turning hard right in the front end. I told my mechanic in VA about it, and lo and behold, rack and pinion steering issue. Phil also tried to get me for a tune up 15000 miles early, as they don't like to look at the history on cars because it's all there. My car has only been serviced by Firestone. It just takes a few minutes to look at it. Thank you. And GOODBYE FIRESTONE! I am asking for a refund of my tire balancing and alignment costs, as I will not deal with them again.

I took car in for engine light May 2017. Long story short was charged $671.00 for service. One week later I'm back same problem. It's now June 2017 still have same problem. I've called corporate headquarters twice. Service all around sucks. After a lot of back and forth my money for service was refunded and my credit card is cut. I'll never go to Firestone again!!!! Bad service. Bad business.

I went to Firestone located at 6100 Winchester, Memphis, TN 38115 around January 14, 2017 to check my alignment. The mechanic, a young 22 man told me I needed a driver side inner tie end rod and that will fix my alignment. I paid for the service. When the young man working on my car took off the passenger side caliper off my wheel, I asked him why did he do that and he replied that when you do an alignment you suppose to adjust the caliper. I asked him why he did not take off the other side, if that is true. He said it did not need it. My car still did not align. I Called the corporate office to let them know of my visit.

In February 2017 I went back because the car was shaking so bad when I drove it I almost had an accident. The car would shake while braking and shake when driving at 45 mph. I took the car back to Firestone on 6100 Winchester. The same young Firestone mechanic said I need a axle on the driver side and a outer tie rod. Firestone did the service and attempted to align it and it did not align; the camber was out. I called the corporate office again about the visit. On March 4, 2017 I took the car to the Firestone on Hacks Cross and they told me I need one rear tire and that will fix the alignment problem. I bought the tire as recommended by Firestone. The car still shook while driving, veered to the left while driving and the brake pedal shook while braking.

April 17, 2017 I took the car back to Firestone because it was getting dangerous to drive. Firestone master mechanic told me he was going to do something that usually fix any shaking and alignment problem. He said he was going to put front rotors, front brake pads, one caliper, balance tires and align. He said this service is at no cost because of the past issues. He did the service. I saw no one bleed the system after putting the caliper and other parts on my vehicle. Two weeks later while I was attempting to brake; the brakes scrubbed and slipped. I had to pump the brakes to stop. I immediately called Firestone corporate office and told them about the brakes.

I called the Firestone on 6100 Winchester and told them how the brakes performed when I was stopping. I took the car to the store and they would not work on the car until they hear from the manager although I called corporate and the work was still under warranty. May 10, 2017 I took the car to Principle Toyota and they kept the car overnight. They put me in a rental yet I paid $45. The next day I was called by the service advisor and went to the store and was told that the rotors were warped and the right camber is off and the car is not aligned just the same as it was in November 2016 when I came in for oil change. Toyota said to fix my car they need to do front rotors, front brake pads, replace struts, do tire balance and alignment. They said the alignment and camber was off because of front struts and not anything else can fix it except struts and not what was done by Firestone.

I immediately called Firestone and talked to the manager at Germantown. He said bring the car to the Winchester store. I took the car to the Winchester store. They told me they could not work on my car until they hear from a manager. Firestone refuse to check my brakes, rotors, balance or any warranty work. I was forced to take the car home. I called the Corporate office and told them about the situation. I called the Winchester Firestone and they said the manager suppose to call me. He wanted to refund me part of my money for the drive axle, inner tie end rod and alignment. I told him what about the brakes and rotors that they put on. I told him to put my original parts back on my car and he said they do not have them anymore. So I was left with the bad parts on my car and did not have the money to pay $2000 for new parts. Although the Firestone parts was still under warranty.

I asked Firestone was my car safe to drive and they said yes. May 20, 2017 I was driving home from the grocery store. The car ahead of me abruptly braked although I was about two car lengths behind; it did not matter because I applied my brakes and the car did not stop so I applied my emergency brake and the car skidded and crashed into another car. I was injured and went to the emergency room. My knee is still the size of a melon. I have dizzy spells and a concussion. My back hurts badly and I cannot sleep. I am too nervous to drive. I reported this to Firestone corporate office and they did not send anyone out to look at my car. My car was totaled.

I am devastated because I could have lost my life or someone else lost their life. I have been in tears since the accident. I am having nightmares whenever I fall off to sleep for a short time. I am on medication for pain and nervousness and insomnia. I have to endure steroid injections, physical therapy, medication, this accident stops my job relocation. This accident has changed my life. Firestone is responsible for this mess. I have paid $3782 for car rental, medical care, hood, grille, bumper, headlights repair. The rotor, brakes, alignment, tire balance are still not fix.

Friends would tell me I have white smoke coming out of my exhaust so I took it to a mechanic and they told me my car was overfilled by 8 quarts of oil. I took the dealership receipt back to the Firestone location and they argued with me and the advisor basically called me a liar that someone else had to of put the oil in. I have no reason not to tell them the truth. Horrible customer service after being a customer to them for over 7 years.

My family and I have been satisfied Firestone customers for years but had a recent, horrible experience. My father and account holder Floyd ** is very displeased by what occurred. On 4/30/17 my husband took our 2003 Saturn L200 for an oil change to Firestone at 3691 S. Noland on Noland Road in Independence, Missouri and my husband reported that he had been hearing a squeaking sound, so probably needs brakes looked at too. A brake inspection occurred and ** Technician reported all fine.

The next morning when my husband went to get gas for the car, the ABS lights came on, the pedal was heavy, and hard to stop. Luckily, our teenage son, who normally drives this vehicle, was not behind the wheel. My husband returned to Firestone after work the next day. This time, he was advised brakes were needed and a whole host of other needs totaling $669.58! Furthermore, my husband was blamed as Firestone said he/someone must have slammed hard on the brakes to make this happen. We had the car towed and service repairs done elsewhere. Our safety/lives were put at risk because of this mechanical negligence/incompetence. We had our vehicle towed to Sears Automotive Independence who reported that the rear brake problem should have immediately been detected. They took care of all our needs and test drove our car 2-3 times to ensure everything was in good, working order.

We've discussed this issue with other mechanics, described the situation, who also report disbelief by what we experienced. Unlikely we will be returning to Firestone ever again, at least this Noland location, and we will be sure to alert all our family, friends, and co-workers. Moreover, when I notified Firestone headquarters about this issue on May 3rd was advised someone would follow up with us. It is now a month later, and after repeated email promises that someone will call, no one has yet.

I brought my vehicle in for brakes to serviced and was told I had to rebuild my calipers. Change my rotors in the back. Mind you my vehicle only has 12000 miles on 2015. Ripoff. Ok I told them, "Make repairs." $1700 later I was called that my vehicle was ready and could be picked up. I went to get my car and there was damage to the side of my car both sides from the lift. I went in the business to complain about the damage. Tom from the Firestone at 70 State Highway 139 Upper Jersey City 07306 brushed me off and told another employee to go look at my damage for that employee to have another employee come out and check.

I was told they will repair and one of the mechanics come out with a pry bar and a hammer to make repair... I asked him not to touch my car with those tools so they didn't do any more damage to my car. All they could tell me was I have to come back when there's a manager on duty. I had to make a police report. This Firestone does shady business. Very overpriced false repairs. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Very poor service... aside from my personal vehicles I have a fleet of 13 vans and I won't return to Firestone for service.

The reason for me writing this review to express my frustrations and disappointment in this store as well as this company as a whole. I've been a customer with this company for over a decade including my immediate family. We basically all have accounts with Firestone. In the last 4 months I have spent over $1,000 dollars with them in repairs and car work. This is not including the money I have spent with them over the last 5 years. I'm not about to even get into what that number is around. Just know I probably have paid for a new car by now. I was even upgraded to a premier rewards gold member because of the money I spend with Firestone so that should tell you I spend money with this company and my family. Recently at this particular store I have had nothing but issues. A few years ago this used to be one of the best stores in Columbia.

The guys up front took care of me and I never had any issues with the work that was done there. That's what made me want to do more business with them. Recently in the last 6 months under new management of the store the service levels have declined drastically. I have had to come back to this store repetitive times because of issues with my car. In the last month I have spent over $400. Recently about two weeks ago after spending over $700 in brake service I came to get some maintenance things done and get a new alternator belt on. I noticed a week later the alternator belt was already threading down. I took it back to Firestone and the service manager assisted me with putting another one no charge and was very helpful. I recently came back last Wed. because I had to get some other work done and mentioned to the service manager again that the belt is threading down.

Because of the other work I was getting done and since I had warranty he replaced the belt again. It was Thursday before I got my car since they had to order part and I was fine with that. When I went to pick up car not an hour later with me driving it I hear a pop and my car shuts off turning on a street. I was in the middle of traffic holding it up and had to get out and literally push my car out the road and into gas station. When I lifted up hood I noticed that alternator belt completely popped off and other things were not damaged under hood. Before this I never had issues with this alternator belt. Even the first two times Firestone replaced belt it never popped. So I'm asking myself how did it pop this time. What I don't understand is how you can be a brand recognizable company and don't hire and make sure your techs are certified and know what they are doing.

Sometimes I feel and is actually a fact that the techs that work at Firestone are not certified and really don't know how to fix a lot of issues on cars. A lot of them just know about cars are maybe worked on them or maybe good at oil changes or tires and they learn on the job how to do belts, brakes, etc. They lie about working on something or know they didn't fix it right but just want to get your money. You have to understand everything is about money and numbers and I get that. But at the same time if I pay you money I expect my car to be fixed and not bring down on road as soon as I come it. So I reached back out to the Firestone that did my work and spoke with manager to let them know what happen and that they need to pay for tow to bring it back there. The service manager once again was very helpful and didn't mind doing that and told me he would take care of it. My car was taken back to Firestone on last Thursday.

It has now been a week and my car is still at Firestone. Nothing has been fixed. I'm still without a car and I have not even been offered a rental. The store manager at this store has not been helpful at all. She seems like she doesn't know whats going on and wants to make every excuse about why she can't do anything. She never offered to me what she can do and never gave me satisfaction that she will get this resolved. She told me she can't put me in a rental and I don't understand. My car will not crank. My car cranked fine before I brought it to you, it cranked fine after you fixed it. I feel she doesn't try to listen and understand where I'm coming from and trying to tell me whats going on. Their telling me now it's a timing belt issue but how. I never was told from you all that it was timing belt issue and never had one before I came there.

I really feel like I'm being lied to and just being told things until they figure out what to do and its very frustrating. It's very frustrating for someone to have your car that long and is not even trying to have a sense of urgency to make it right. You are just letting my car sent there and don't even care if I have a car or not. You don't care if I have to get to work or if I'm at inconvenience. I reached out the customer hotline and was able to get in touch with Area manager in the Columbia region. She was helpful and she told me she would take of it. I also requested my car be towed from the Parklane Rd. Firestone over to Two notch Firestone since I don't trust the techs nor management at the store. The Two Notch store manager let me know they had to file claim and my car may now have to go manufacturer dealer. He also told me the claim process could take up to month and I should be able to request rental from Parklane store manager.

Once again this manager is giving me excuses to why I can't get a rental but you are messed up my car. I have also got the regional manager involved because I feel like there is no sense of urgency and everybody is taking their time. I will keep continuing to escalate this until my needs are meant and I'm compensated. I will also be filing complaint with SC consumer affairs dept. and will be looking into legal action. I will also write horrible reviews about this company and how they take care of their loyal customers who spend good money with them. My whole thing is this is not right and I shouldn't have to deal with this. I recommend everybody stay away from Firestone for heavy car work if you don't want your car messed up.

I was hearing a noise from back of my car, so I took my car to Sterling, VA Firestone and asked to check my brakes and shocks for me and see what the cause of the noise is. They called me the next day and gave me an estimate of almost $2,500.00 saying my breaks were bad, my shocks were bad, and my CV boots were ripped and also my calipers were damaged and needed to be replaced. I asked them to put the car together and I will pick it up.

Then I took it to my regular mechanic and asked him to check the same thing. After his review I was told there is nothing wrong with my car, shocks are good, breaks are fine and have at least 5000 more miles to go on front and about 15000 on the back breaks and none of my CV boots or calipers were bad. The noise I was hearing was a loose screw on the backseat which he fixed for me for free. And what is worse they charge me $20.00 to lie to me. People work hard for their money and should not be ripped off by unethical, lying cheating mechanics. Never going there again. Do not use them.

After two visits and much discussion the manager finally called in my fleet information and I arrived to have four tires put on my fleet service vehicle. Had experienced a flat and was running on my spare, was told they didn't know where to put the spare back on to the truck. I said, "you better find it. You're a tire shop." Then they said, "well your truck has roof racks on it and it's hard to get it higher on the lift." I told them I wasn't going to lay out in the rain and put it up underneath the truck myself, they got it done.

Then I was told I needed a alignment and TPS reset. Tires were worn bad on edges in the rear only. I asked if the alignment would fix that and he said no. I declined the alignment said yes for the TPS reset. He then told me, "I went on the computer but you can't have the TPS reset, your fleet account won't allow it." I said, "please get them on the phone. I'll talk to them and I have to have that reset. It's a safety issue and we cannot drive around with a safety issue on our vehicles." He declined to call them said I should just drive down the road. It may or may not reset. At which point the mechanic came out from the back and started arguing with me and he said, "what's your problem?" I said, "I want my TPS reset." He said, "I guarantee you that's a Ford right, yes. I guarantee you it will reset within a half mile." This manager tried to bill me for something that he knew would reset, they drove it in the parking lot and reset it. Hmmm.

I think these jerks are on an incentive plan, they sure try to extrapolate every buck out of me possible. They should try to make their money legally. I've never been jerked around so much in my entire life and I've been driving these vans for 45 years. Lot of tire changes. I don't recommend anybody go to Firestone unless you feel like getting nickel and dimed and treated rudely. What a total disgrace. No wonder you have a one star rating. I give you 0 star rating.

I payed for 175 65 14 let. After they put the one, got on the interstate. My car hit hard. It had a little dip there. I thought it was because I had new tires and I needed to ride them. I don't buy new tires always used so I didn't know. So I got ready to get off the interstate. Another dip. My car hit so hard I had to pull over right then I seen a piece of my bumper came off. So I was maybe three minutes away from home so I made it home.

The whole time every bump in the road was making my car hit hard and my car started shaking bad. So I made it home. They put 195 65 14 on my car. Way too big. I called back. I took my car back. The man took the piece of my bumper and threw it away. My car drives awful now. I did a claim. They said someone would call me in 24 hours. No call. Called back. They said 3-5 business days. Called this morning 5/15/17. They told me to leave a message with the claim department supervisor. Still haven't heard nothing back. My bumper is hanging and plus my car is shaking very bad.

I am part Hispanic, part Indian, part ** male. The lady that waited on me and the manager ran several customers ahead of me on the waiting list. I got to the Firestone (6102 Slide, Lubbock, TX) before several other customers and they ran them ahead of me. I waited for 2 1/2 hours and they did not even move my pickup! Was it my clothes? Was it my hat? Is it the color of my skin? Why am I not good enough for Firestone?

Firestone Service Center, Farmington Ave Bristol Ct. rated this 5 stars by Tire Rack. BIG MISTAKE. Purchased 4 Continental tires thru Tire Rack and this Firestone SC was one of the installers recommended within my area. Made an appointment and the earliest they can accommodate me was Sunday at 1000hrs. We arrive about 15 minutes before the designated time and after the preliminary discussions with the salesperson the service technician took the car in to have the 4 new tires balanced and mounted. An hour and 15 later the salesperson called my name to discuss the issue of 2 stripped lug bolts with stripped threads. I asked him if I could see the problem bolts and showed it. I noticed that the 4 new tires were already in their designated rims and mounted in the car.

I told the technician that this was not right because when I mounted the nuts I usually hand turn them until they're halfway in then I use the lug wrench in sequence at least 3 times in each nut until they're tight. To make long story short we are charged exactly $463 and 3 hours later. I am old and retired and don't have that kind of money to give away on other people greeds. If this is what most older retired folks will encounter while getting their vehicle service by a well known brand like Firestone, then God help us all because the service nowadays are horrible- nobody takes pride on what they do.

On Friday the 28 April 2017 while I was returning home from work I noticed my brake pedal was very soft. I pulled into my driveway and parked my 2004 Yukon Denali. While the car was still running, my brake caution light was displayed on my dash. I turned the car off and checked the brake reservoir. It was empty. I looked under the driver's side of the car and noticed my brake lines were corroded and one of them was completely ruptured. I now had a large amount of brake oil under my car. I called GEICO emergency road service on Saturday the 29 April 2017 and they quickly arranged my car to be towed to Firestone Complete Auto Care by the Honolulu Towing company. Once on site, the assistant manager Mr. **, told me they would look into in a few hours and call me back. I left the car in their possession at 1011 am under work order **.

Since I didn't receive a call that afternoon, I called them at 5pm. He told me they would work on it first thing on Sunday the 30 April 2017. At 0932 on Sunday I received a call from Assistant Manager Service Advisor (**) from number 808-263-2009. He told me his mechanic was uncomfortable to replace all four of the corroded brake lines since they run close to the car frame. He then told me they serviced the reservoir and that the brakes were working. To be clear, they noticed that one of the brake lines were corroded to the point of rupturing and just topped off the oil reservoir. He then told me the car was "drivable" and that I should take it to the dealership for repair.

This shop is a certified safety inspection station for Hawaii as well. Telling a consumer that it was safe to drive this automobile across the island to the only GMC repair shop knowing the brake line was ruptured is completely unprofessional and unsafe to the general public. I'm still in shock. After telling my story to GEICO emergency road assistance representative, they arranged my car to be towed tomorrow 01 May 2017 at 1030 from this Firestone Complete Auto Care shop in Kailua to the GMC repair shop in Honolulu. They were also amazed that an assistant manager would recommend to a consumer to drive a vehicle with a known ruptured brake line across the island (approx 25 miles) for a dealership repair. GEICO overwhelmingly agreed with me to NOT drive my Yukon with a known ruptured brake line. The GMC service department is closed on Sundays which is why we arranged my car to be towed on Monday.

I called the service advisor back at this Firestone shop today to let him know that I was not going to drive my car across the island with a leaking brake system. I also told him GEICO was willing to pay for my SECOND towing evolution since they decided it was too hard to replace 4 corroded brake lines since his mechanics felt "uncomfortable". He then responded to me that was fine and hung up the phone. Much Aloha!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.
  • Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.
  • Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.
  • Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.
  • Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.
  • Best for Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Compare Auto Service and Repair