1.33/5
Based on 113 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

823 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We brought our car here due to brake issues. The car was there for 4 days before they diagnosed the issue. The manager Charlie would tell you that he would call you back but he NEVER did and then when you called him to inquire what was going on with your car, he would yell at you over the phone that he was busy. He told us we needed an ABS Break Module for our car and that he could save us money by getting the part used. He gave us a repair estimate and we told him to go ahead and order the part because we wanted the car to be working 100%. A MONTH went by and we called him back and he said his "contacts" were not getting back to him and he would call around again and get back to us.

ANOTHER month goes by and we call him back AGAIN and he said they can't find the part so we are going to have to go with a new part and the cost would be $1,500 plus labor. We told him to go ahead and order the part because we just wanted the car to be fixed. Two weeks go by and I told my husband there is NO way it takes 2 weeks to get the part new from a local Nissan dealership. I called our local dealership and they had the part in stock. My husband then calls and speaks to Mike and schedules an appointment for our car to have the part installed armed with the knowledge that we knew the part was in stock.

The day we are to drop off the car, my husband calls Firestone to confirm we are dropping the car off that day to be fixed and they tell us they don't have an appointment for our car and no record of making one. My husband and I were perplexed on why they didn't seem to want to fix the car but we were tired of the run around and so we brought the car to another well known mechanic and they did the job same day (they had NO problem getting a USED part-same day) and they also found that Firestone had rigged a part by gluing it together so no wonder they did not want to fix the problem properly. We will NEVER bring any of our cars to Firestone again and now have a new trustworthy mechanic that DOES call you back when he says he will and he fixes the problem correctly without any GLUE or runaround. BEWARE OF FIRESTONE!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Yesterday I brought my vehicle to the Firestone on Gause Blvd in Slidell La. I had a nail in the right rear tire. I had purchased the tires from that very same Firestone in June of 2012. There were 22,300 miles on the tires that had a 60,000 mile warranty. I asked that the tire be repaired and the be tires rotated. I was told that because the tires were more than five years old Firestone could neither repair the tire nor rotate the tires. When I pointed out there were only 22,300 miles on the tires I was told it didn't matter because the tires were more than five years old.

I told the employee I had a previous set of Firestone tires that were more than nine years old and had a free repair done to a tire in January 2012 at that same Firestone. He then repeated the policy and told me it was a state regulation. The only place I could get a tire rotation would be at a "Mom and Pop place". I showed him Firestone's booklet on tires and pointed out that it recommended that tires older than five years be inspected every year and replaced regardless of tread after ten years. He continued to stand by the five year "no repair" argument.

Seven hours and $139.01 later I had a new tire. I immediately went next door to Jiffy Lube and had the tires rotated for $23.90. Before the Jiffy Lube employee rotated the new tire he pointed out to me when the new tire was installed a lug had been put on at an angle. He could not remove the lug without damaging the screw holding it. He advised that I bring it back to Firestone and let Firestone deal with it. I declined and told him to go ahead and remove the tire and complete the tire rotation. He complied and my vehicle is in another shop now getting the lug screw repaired.

My wife and I have been taking our vehicles for more than twenty years to that particular Firestone and have spent thousands of dollars there. Yesterday was my last time and dollar Firestone will get from us. If there is a five year rule that forbids Firestone from working on its own tires then they ought to tell the customers that when selling the tires and pointing out the 60,000 miles warranty.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I took my new Jeep in to the Tehama Ridge, Fort Worth, TX location because I had a nail in my tire. My tires were under warranty and Firestone brand which is why I went there. After keeping my Jeep for 5 hours I called them to see how it was going and was told they found the nail but couldn’t see it leaking which means they can’t replace it if they can’t see it leaking. I was skeptical of this as I was told the nail was about an inch long. I got there to pick it up and brought a small spray bottle of soapy water to see if I saw it leak. Upon arrival I found my Jeep, saw where they marked the nail was and began to spray. Immediately the water bubbled up which indicated leaking air. I wiped it, sprayed again and once again saw it leaking. I went inside and asked for Zeke to come out and look. He saw it, denied that was escaping air, and then sprayed it again himself and finally confirmed it was leaking.

We went inside and he called my warranty company who said replace it. It was so late in the day Zeke asked if he could my Jeep overnight and inconvenience me even more. I said ok but would need it back no later than 12 noon. I went back to pick it up when I was called and saw that a completely different kind of tire, although brand new, had been mounted on my Jeep. They claimed it was hard to find an exact match. I looked it up online and found the exact matching tire within 30 seconds and it was in a local shop. So I was lied to not once but twice by Zeke. This is absolutely unacceptable. I emailed the corporate office and received zero response. I recently emailed them again and finally received a response to that email. They should have replaced my tire with an exact match as these tires were less than five months old. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FIRESTONE.

Resolution response: Aug. 5, 2018

First, I wish to make the corrections as follows: I said 10W20 I meant 5W20.

I spoke with the manager. He agreed to refund the cost of the battery and to put the proper oil in the vehicle. However, he categorically denied that anyone there ever put water in the battery or touched the alternator wire assembly. His statement was that the battery could have "boiled over." To my understanding, the only way a batter would "boil over" would be due to overcharging with a faulty alternator. Given that the alternator wires were backed off their connection and therefore NOT charging, physics says that is not possible.

Although I no longer believe it was deliberate sabotage, I remain unconvinced that the wires backed themselves off. As there are no cameras recording in their bays, I am satisfied to let the matter drop in n agreement to disagree on these points.

Furthermore, he showed me in the paperwork I was not previously given. That does validate that the battery was already not responding with the expected cold crank amperage. However, he did not seem to understand that this is not the same as batter capacitance, which indicated that the battery was at full capacitance when measured by the men at Autozone. Regardless, that has been addressed with the refund of the purchase amount of the battery.

The issue with the oil is understandable. The Firestone computer has listed that the new standard oil for Toyota's is 5W20. However, the manufactures oil recommendation for my vehicle remains 5W30. Changing to the lighter weight oil absolutely adversely affected the engine sound. This seemed to be a point of contention so the manager called Toyota Care Center and spoke on speaker with the technician. Although he stated it did not seem like the lighter weight oil could hard the engine, it could potentially increase wear and tear, especially given that the engine was built to use the higher viscosity 5W30 oil. He further stated that the manufacturer recommended 5W30 is what is therefore be used on the car. Given that my car is 11 years old, it seems a wiser choice to adhere to that standard. The manager agreed to change the oil again and use the proper 5W30 oil and to change the fuel filter.

Thank you for your involvement in this issue. I appreciate your taking the time to address my concerns. I am satisfied with the outcome and no longer upset by what occurred.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Two days ago I brought my car to the 6102 Sunrise Mall location (Firestone Complete Care, Citrus Heights CA). I had a free tire rotation and paid for an alignment and an oil change. Their technician then came in and said I needed "a new engine air filter and that my battery was bad." I found that odd. I personally had replaced the engine air filter a couple months earlier. Although my battery is 4 years old, it has shown no signs of being bad. I then took it to AutoZone. The gentleman there said my alternator was not charging. Now that seemed strange. I have less than 1000,000 miles on my Toyota Corolla despite it being 2007. So today, my battery dies and I am stranded. I call USAA. At this point system failure within two days of my having it serviced with NO PREVIOUS PROBLEMS seems rather suspicious to me.

I ask the USAA roadside assistance gentleman if he can check the alternator cables to see if anything has been loosed, as I do not know what could have been detached, despite my suspicions. Sure enough, he checks the main cable in the front of the alternator and it has been backed off just enough to ensure battery does not charge. Their employee DELIBERATELY sought to leave me stranded by causing my perfectly good battery to fail. How many people has this location scammed this way???

I am a single woman traveling in Sacramento county. Clearly, Firestone employees (and possibly even manager) are so greedy they were literally willing to endanger my safety by ensuring I got stranded somewhere just to what, sell me more services that I do not need? I am trying to care for two kids on my own and they are seeking to defraud me of what little I have because I am willing to trust them to work on my car? What, in the case they could not use fraudulent meter readings. This is vile, disgusting, evil, thoughtless, selfish, wicked behavior. That employee (s) involved in this need to be immediately FIRED. And if they are doing this shady stuff to other women, they need to be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was told by Matt, one of the Managers at Firestone, that my car needed new engine bearings installed at a cost of $3,900.00 I believed him and started looking around for a new engine since it would be cheaper than having the bearing problem repaired. A few weeks later, I started losing power steering fluid and so I brought my car to another repair facility. It turned out that the problem was not the power steering pump but, the metal tube that was rubbing against the engine and finally split. After the tubing was replaced, I notice the knocking sound that Matt told me was the bearings was gone. The engine runs like new again. Firestone was going to charge me $3,900.00 for a problem that didn't exist. Needless to write, I won't be returning to their facility.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Took our car into Firestone in Titusville Fl on Monday 7/30, dropped it off to have the shifter cable replaced on my daughter's 2014 Dodge Dart for a charge of $427.00. Got a call from Anthony telling us the car was ready but they were not able to get the key out of the ignition and that I would need to take the car to the dealer, since Firestone states it is a safety feature and they can't fix it.

I picked up the car, took it home and informed my husband of the key issue when he got home from work, we decided to take the car back to Firestone the next morning since everything we could find online and after speaking with a Dodge Dealership is that the cable need to be adjusted. We dropped the car back off at 8 am to Firestone (which now the check engine light is on) and explained that the cable probably needed to be adjusted. A few hours went by and Firestone called my husband and said they still could not correct the issue and that we needed to pick up the car and take it to Dodge. We picked up the car that evening after work and we realized the car never left the parking lot we parked it in that morning, the seat was never moved (I'm 5 foot and sit very close to the wheel and there is no way the guys that worked there were able to do anything without moving the seat).

Took the car to an independent Master Mechanic because we knew it was an easy fix after speaking with the Dealership, come to find out the cable was installed incorrectly on the gear shifter side, It simply was ran under the shifter opposed to running it above the shifter. We have reached out to Firestone Corporate who has not responded to us. I have disputed the charge on my debit card, as now I had to pay a separate mechanic because Firestone simply wouldn't correct their mistake...

Original review: July 31, 2018

The Belmar store has struck out 3 times. When I first Purchased my tires they were asked not to use impact wrenches on my wheels. They notified me that they broke one of my wheel locks with an impact gun. Then they said it would be the next day before they could get the locks off my wheels. I went home. Got my spare key. Took my locks off. Went back to the store. They refuse to mount them that day. The next day when I went to get my tires done I asked about the wheel lock being broke. They never offered to replace the key. Nothing more was said on that. Today I went in to have front tires balanced. Only the front tires. There was three open bay. Is no cars in the parking lot. Two mechanics standing around with their thumbs in their ears and he told me I couldn’t get in till Wednesday this being Monday afternoon. After service like this I would not take Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton’s car to that store.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I visited Firestone on Friday morning 7/27/18 for a 7am appointment to have a diagnostic test completed. I went to the downtown location on Olive Street in St. Louis, Mo. It took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for this test to be completed. They provided me with the papers saying what was wrong and needed to be fixed on my 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer. I already knew that my check engine light was on as I was going through this process to apply for a waiver with the DMV. Upon receiving my truck, I noticed my truck sounded nothing like it did when I brought it in.

I drove around the block and right back to Firestone to ask them what did they do to my car. It was not running like it had been when I dropped it off at all. It wasn't picking up speed as it had, it was hesitating a lot and I kept smelling exhaust fumes. None of these things were happening to my truck when I took it there. I asked the people what they did to my truck and they kept saying nothing, but my truck drove nothing like it did when I dropped it off. Matter of fact it has never drove or sounded like this.

Since I kept smelling exhaust I drove to a local exhaust shop to get an inspection of my exhaust system just in case my converter suddenly clogged during the diagnostic test. The exhaust shop said I had no clogged converter or leaks. So I went back down to Firestone to ask what they did to my car and keep saying they did nothing. One technician let me know that the work I needed done on my truck was major work because it involved having to replace the throttle body position sensor assembly. He said that during the diagnostic test one of the sensors could have quit working causing the issues I'm currently having. I didn't believe that and feel they have done something to my truck causing it to run very choppy. My check engine light now blinks while I'm driving. It did not run this way when I dropped it off.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The water pump was purchased in 2017 at the store in Mt Juliet, TN. When I purchased tires at a different store a couple of weeks ago they told me that my water pump needed to be replaced. I went to the store in Mt Juliet and told them about the water pump which was under warranty and make an appointment for that Friday at 7am. When I called about my car around 1pm they were just looking into it and said it would be around 30 minutes before done, I went to the store after the 30 minutes and still had to wait. After be told that there was nothing wrong but a gasket on the water pump and that it was my radiator that was bad.

I had someone else check my car and nothing was wrong with the radiator but the water pump was still leaking. I called. They said bring it back in so I did today at 7am and when I called at noon it had not been touched. I have spent a lot of money with this store and after this I will not ever take my vehicle to another Firestone Store anywhere. I contacted customer service to talk with a district manager and was told that I could not have his information and would have to wait until he contacted me.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Usually I have had a good experience with Firestone Mainstreet, Frisco, Tx location. However of late for past 6 months or so I feel that money making has become more important for them than providing customer satisfaction. Also seems like they are becoming very sloppy of late. Today was one of those days. I dropped my car at 1.45 pm and the service advisor told me that it would take about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs for car alignment and tire rotation as they were backed up. I returned back home and did not hear back from them till about 5.15 which is when I called them.

The service advisor Evan answered and told me that the car is not yet done and will be the next one to be serviced. I did not hear from them till about 6.15pm and that's when I reached the location and to my surprise I found that my car has not moved from its placed. When I asked what happened the service advisor EVAN spoke very rudely with me and told me that they will be taking in the car now.

Long things short they completely forgot to take my car in. On top of them when I asked EVAN he speaks very rudely to me and says, "We can take the car in now or I can return your keys." I just hated that moment and the response that EVAN gave me. I asked him who is going to be accountable for this. I kept my car with them for almost 6 hours and it was still not taken care of and he had no answer. I took my keys and left from there highly disappointed. This review is for EVAN and not for Firestone overall. He has to be held accountable for this sloppy job that he did today.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 21, 2018

I recently went to the new Firestone store in Opelika, AL for an oil change and tire alignment. They told me I had a nail in a tire and it needed repair. I said OK. They removed the nail and said done! They also told me my air filter was dirty and replaced it rather than cleaned it. After a trip to Kentucky we noticed the tire leaking air and returned to the Firestone store a few weeks later. They said they found another nail and the tire was not repairable, it needed to be replaced.

I also asked about my K&N filter. They said they threw it out and charged me for a new one that has to be replaced. I complained to the home office, but nothing of substance has been done. They said they would refund the tire repair (by the way I had the tire repaired a second time and it is fine). No refund yet and they still will not replaced my K&N filter and deny doing anything except what I told them, although I have witnesses they never showed me the filter, etc. My latest complaint was filed with the BBB. There are other places in this area and I would recommend you choose them for your car work.

Updated on 08/13/2018: The company lied to the Attorney General's office and said I saw the filter prior to it being tossed; however, my wife was with me and neither of us saw it. I have since purchased another K&N filter to replace the one they threw away. Everyone would do well to learn from my experience and avoid work done by Firestone/Bridgestone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have been a Firestone Customer for over 35 yrs. Never have I had an experience like this. Oct. 2017 I have a complete brake job done at the S. Pine St. Center in Ocala Fl. The new brakes started to moan when I started up in the morning. I thought it would go away when they seated. Three months still moaning. Returned to Firestone. Their lift wasn't working couldn't help. When I went in for my 6 mo. service I asked them to find the moaning. I got the service. They checked all the brakes and said they couldn't fix them. They installed them but could fix the moaning. Goodbye Firestone. I found another Firestone center I could trust and will never darken the doors of the on Pine street.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I purchased four new tires for my automobile that came with a 40,000 mile warranty. When I reached 10,000 miles the back two tires already had five-six inches of tread showing through. I went into the location who installed them who informed me that my warranty didn’t cover faulty tires because of the type of car I drive. Clearly they knew what the car was when I paid them for four new tires nine months earlier. Their only solution was to charge me $200.00 for additional tires. I called Firestone’s Corporate office, spoke with their warranty department and also the Area Manager. Bottom line they refused to honor their warranty and the only thing they would do for me is charge me yet again for two more tires. Their unethical behavior and condescending attitude was very disappointing. I will not purchase anything from Firestone in the future and will be posting a warning to others on every social media site available. Such a negative experience.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Ok. So you would think that I would stop giving Firestone my money, after the installation of my tires, but I decided to give it another chance because it is another city and well everyone deserves a second chance. So last week I took my truck to get just an oil change and a tire rotation @ the Firestone in Lake Worth TX. I approached the counter and told them "Hi. I have an app for a oil change." In turn the so called manager of sales Ellis told me, "Well I won't be able to get to your truck until 3 pm." Then I told him, "But I have an appointment." His response was "insert attitude", "Well you did not tell me you have an appointment, next time with a condescending tone you need to tell me about your appointment."

And again I told him, "But I did tell you." Anyway needless to say my truck did not go into the bay until 30 min after my appointment. I also told Ellis that I did not need a tire rotation because I did not have the lock for the tires. Ellis did not tell the technician about the missing key so the auto tech took an additional 30 minutes asking and looking for the key. This is not acceptable. If you have an appointment you should be seen at that time. If not at least you should be nice to your customers. Mr. ** needs some sensitivity training.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought tires from the store in Selma AL and when I went in I asked for 10 ply and they gave me 4 ply. Now all my tires but one have plugs in them. I keep getting metal in my tires. I am so disappointed in Firestone.

Original review: July 17, 2018

This Comment is about operator Mary. She should never be in customer service especially in supervisor capacity. We have been doing business with Firestone for over 40 years. When I charged my auto repairs at your store this last time I was going to use another card that was interest free for 12 months. The person behind the desk said I should use My Firestone card, it too had no interest. No mention of 6 months. I called Firestone today to ask to have the interest removed after we saw the balance we knew it was wrong. We wanted to have the interest waved and pay in full today.

The first operator offered half of the interest credited. I felt there should be no interest charged so I ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was so rude, pompous and arrogant. She had not interest in helping me with my problem. I told her the person that offered the interest free at Firestone never mentioned 6 months. Operator ** told me it was my responsibility to read the statement. I don't not read all of my statements when they come in from cover to cover. This was false advertising and I feel I was scammed. I will post this problem on the internet Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and G+ and several others. I want others to be aware of this so they will not fall into the same trap. I will never do business with Firestone again after today because of one employee Operator Mary.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Took my 04 Ford Ranger into service at Firestone in Davenport, IA. Problem: excessive amount of brake pedal travel. Firestone had done the rear drum brakes & guaranteed the repair. After dropping off the vehicle, went to have lunch & returned to find out that repairs were indeed needed but they said that parts were required that they’d not changed out. Parts on the warranty work were internal drum actuation parts & drums, which I agreed to have repaired. They also said they’d done an inspection of the front drum system & it would take a huge amount of work which I declined & they also pointed out that they thought my upper ball joints were bad, to which I told them I’d just had them inspected with no issues by another repair center, so I declined the repair & opted 2 do the complete front system myself. This included rotors, rebuilt calipers & pads which I successfully repaired myself.

However, when I jacked the truck up & removed the front wheels & noticed that my outer tie rod ends had broken boots! They had missed this important safety item! Also when I went to bleed my brakes, they had not flushed the brake fluid! WTF??? So, they pointed out a part that didn’t need changing, the upper ball joints, but omitted parts that were obvious, the tie rod ends! The reason I brought my vehicle to Firestone was for the supposed “expertise” that is obviously missing at your Davenport, IA facility! When I called the Service Manager, Mitch, all he wanted to do is make excuses rather than “own up” to his Service Dept errors, which I find totally disturbing. He should have not offered any excuses but should have offered only to “right the wrong”!

The most disagreeable statement when I asked him about the qualifications of his Service Techs, he replied that the Tech had 40 years of experience but he never said the guy was a “certified ASE Tech”, that’s disturbing as well! I’ve had bad experiences with auto repairs in the Quad Cities with facilities after being asked to do a under chassis inspection, returning the vehicle with major points omitted or dismissed like torsion bar struts being broke & another repair facility who were charged with doing a complete front end brake job, leaving the caliper mounting bolts untorqued & having one of them fall out that almost killed me while on the highway!

The reason I came to Firestone was I thought they’d be different, boy was I wrong! This disgusts me & what’s even worse is when the Service Manager tries making excuses, REALLY??? I’m reporting this cause the Service Department in Davenport, IA is in desperate need of a “tune up”, & for me at least, they’ll never see me in their store again! I’ll be posting this online so other “not so informed people” can judge themselves... Caveat Emptor!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am so incredibly disappointed with Firestone. I have lived in the Charlotte (Ballantyne) area for 5 years and I have had 2 different cars that I have brought to Firestone for service. I have purchased at least one full set of tires from them as well. I went today in a complete bind because my battery was dead. They knew I was in a bind from the moment I called as soon as they opened. I told them I had turned the car off in the parking lot and they would need to jump it to start it at that point. They knew I was not in a position to bring it anywhere else.

I had called my dealership once I dropped the car off and was quoted for a new battery on a 2014 Wrangler with labor and tax. It would be just short of $200...but Firestone charged me $388. They said it was a "special battery." I am not entirely sure what makes it so special or why I needed it in my 2014 Wrangler... I do not drive anything wild for goodness sakes. I know this review will not get me anywhere and I have lost this fight but I wanted to make sure everyone knows that they truly take advantage of situations and knew I was in distress with a dead battery.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I don't know what's up with these folks. I have used Firestone for over 20 years in NY, MO, PA, VA and OH and have always been satisfied with their work. Their service and workmanship has always been just fine and I am a car lover.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I took my Nissan Frontier to the shop in Longwood, FL. because the truck was about to high repeatedly, they said in the diagnosis I paid for that. The fan clutch was bad and it's time to change the thermostat. I said yes to both. At pickup they said "you're all good!" Great! So I got in and took it for a test drive. My truck began to overheat!

Called corporate. They got the shop to continue to diagnosis the vehicle and agreed to replace my radiator and water pump (which is tied into the timing chain). After they did that they found contaminates of stop leak. So they tried to fix it but gave up as they can't spend any more time on it. But did say my heater core was clogged. I said I'll take it back, when starting up the vehicle the check engine light was on. Read the OBD and it said "over advanced timing bank 1, over advanced timing bank 2." So... could they have messed up my timing when putting in the new water pump? I called the store and the store manager said "it's just we forgot to clear the code." Well am I ok to clear it? "Yeah you can clear it". I cleared it.

I went to do a thorough flush of my cooling system. Ran my water hose through both the inlet and outlet of each component heater core. First water came rushing out the opposite direction showing that the flow is clear and good! Found a broken part connecting to my heater core which would have allowed air in causing overheating that they couldn't resolve.

Filled and bled the system using Nissan self bleed process. Truck in idle was great not overheating and thermostat and fan kicked on at 208° and did its job. Brought it down to 190. When I hopped in the truck to drive it check engine light came back on and my truck began to quickly rise in temp. Got my old reader out and the code popped up again! (Over advanced timing bank 1 and 2)! So there is something that happened when they changed my water pump. I took it back to the shop and they said my tensioner is broken. It will be $1167 to replace. So what am I supposed to do now? It would take have happened if they checked the flow of my components and I'm sure that something was messed with... Now I'm stuck without a truck after being in their hands for almost two weeks! I'm done with that location working on my truck.

Original review: July 11, 2018

A few months ago, I entrusted my new-ish car to the Firestone Complete Auto Care facility located in Brookfield, WI (on edge of the Brookfield Square shopping center). I had asked for an oil and filter change. Two weekends later, I was scheduled to take a trip out-of-town using this vehicle, so I thought I'd check the oil. To my surprise, the level was way over the "Full" mark. Not a small amount, WAY over. This was a frustrating realization, because I know that it is not good to run any internal combustion engine with excessive oil in it.

So, I had to use an alternate vehicle for my trip. The following week I took my car back to the Brookfield Firestone and talked to them about their problem. I call it "their problem", as it indicates a couple of shortcomings: First, it may indicate that their machine that delivers the oil is not calibrated (puts out more oil than what was requested). Or, it means that the technician dialed in more oil than called for by the manufacturer. Second, it means that their technicians do not check the oil level upon completion of the oil change procedure. Techs should always check the oil level on every oil change effort since they may have made a mistake when looking up the make, model, year, and engine type.

The (assistant?) manager's response indicated a lack of concern. He started to explain that the markings on my car's dipstick must not be accurate! Upon hearing that, I challenged him on such a claim. A car's dipstick is unique to that make, model, and engine type. Furthermore, I had personally changed the oil and filter on this car months prior, and when I checked the oil level at that time using the dipstick, it was not over the "Full" mark.

In closing, this experience validates the concern that many auto owners have when turning their (expensive) vehicles over to strangers who may not have been given basic training. For me, I will continue changing my own oil during the summer months. If I have it done at a shop, I will ask how much oil they put in, look to see if the filter looks new, and check the level immediately upon leaving. Obviously, this Firestone facility needs to check their equipment and require that their techs check their work.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I took my vehicle to the Maple Shade Firestone, 476 South Lenola Rd, Maple Shade New Jersey for an oil change, new tires and brakes. After the service was done I looked under my vehicle and saw the oil filter had not been changed. My bill indicated that a complete oil change had been done. I returned and spoke with the manager about my findings, he had another technician change my oil and filter. Fast forward to my next brake change which this time I went to my local Ford dealership. The service manager informed me that their mechanic found that the front brake pads had been installed improperly.

I later contacted the Maple Shade Firestone Manager and advised him when they did the brake job on my vehicle the front pads were improperly installed. The manager actually questioned the findings of the mechanic at the Ford dealership stating "How do I know he found the front pads had been installed improperly". I then contacted Firestone corporate headquarters who took my complaint and advised me the Regional Manager would contact me. To this date, I was NEVER contacted.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I dropped my car off at Firestone because it was vibrating and enclosed a diagnosis test from Autozone saying to change my spark plugs. They called me the next morning saying that I need coil packs and not spark plugs. I said, "OK fix it." Then called me again about an hour later and said I needed a control module which I questioned them but allowed them to put the module on and since then my car stalls when I stop and cuts off.

I called corporate and they wasn't much help. They told me that they'll pay half for a diagnosis test. I went to another Firestone and drove my car and let it run at their shop in a bay. I raised my hood up on my car yesterday and they twist tied a part to my battery railing. I don't know what or where the part was clamped originally, they have been terrible lately. I have been a customer of Firestone for over 10 years. Now I have to wait after the manager come back from vacation July 17, 2018. I wish whatever they did to my car they'll fix it: Oh I received a call from 1 of their managers telling me that he's tired of me and my discounts but I only used Firestone discounts. Scared to drive my car now and don't have money for all their suggestions.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Tech said we had faulty computer chip in steering wheel and 440$ ok fix it, wife picks up car barely gets out of parking lot and lights and bells go off service StabiliTrak and traction. WTF we just paid 440$. Well it was almost closing time so bring it back. "We’ll look at it again." So now the problem is needs an alignment so more money! This is a scam or they hire idiots that try this then that and hope it fixes it! Never again Firestone never again!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was traveling from Austin to Dallas Saturday afternoon and my car began to shake. I pulled over and checked my tires. They looked normal. I got back on the highway and I was five miles from Waco. I decided to search for the nearest Firestone. When I got there and explained to ** what happened, he immediately showed great customer service. Although the wait was over an hour, I waited because of his gratitude. After he took a look, he explained to me what happen. I was mind blown. He then told me what my options were. He didn't say, "You need to buy a new tires." He showed deep concern about my safety. ** was able to find the right tire for my car and my budget with a smile on his face. This took place: 1111 Lake Air Dr, Waco, Texas, 76710.

Original review: June 21, 2018

On 3/28/18 I took my Chevy Spark car to Firestone Service Center store # 022705 - Bakersfield, CA for a routine oil change but also asked if they could check the battery 'cause it had been acting up. They informed me I would have to pay $24.99 for a battery check and I said OK. I received a call telling me that the battery needed to be replaced and it would cost me $186.59. I told them not to replace the battery and found a local battery company would replace it for $90.00.

When I took my car to the battery company they checked it and found it did not have to be replaced but that the battery cables were loose and tighten them, with no charge. I contacted Firestone complaining about the false report about my battery and was told I would be contacted by management to address my complaint. I have kept the paperwork to prove the charge and report. After 3 more contacts from me to Firestone, I was never contacted by Firestone and that is why I'm making this review. This is sad since I have done years of business with this store and not had issues. I will not return to this store or Firestone again.

Updated on 07/20/2018: I had placed a review/complaint about battery service I experienced back in June on the Consumer Affairs. I was contacted by Firestone 3 weeks ago apologizing about my experience and was told I would be contacted by the manager of that store and have the service fee I was charged refunded to me. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received a call or refund. Once again I have been mislead by Firestone employees.

Original review: June 21, 2018

So... on 5/17/2018 #Firestone in Evansville caused $3000 worth of damage to a vehicle. Not only did they damage it, they lied about putting new parts on, and used parts from a junkyard. Charged $691 dollars with a veterans discount, for $150 worth of new parts, $75 from a salvage yard. They had the vehicle for ten days and still never fixed it. Right front caliper seized up, they were contracted to fix it. They changed out the parts there, with salvage parts then changed out the left front (nothing wrong with it) then changed the master cylinder, still couldn't get the front brakes to bleed. And were in process of finding an ABS pump to change it.

I never authorized anything other than the right front to be fixed. They put two new rubber hoses on the wrong sides, installed the calipers on the wrong sides, bent the metal lines out of shape to make the rubber hoses work, got brake fluid on the paint (now it's peeling). I had to drive up there and show them the abs pump was good, then had to drive back up there to trailer the vehicle home. They gave me a claim number, sent a guy to look, asked for a quote for repair, and now say they will only give me $1800 to fix my car... Avoid anything Firestone! Don't spend money with this company. Bridgestone Firestone could have killed me and my family with these repairs. And now won't even make it right!

Original review: June 19, 2018

What a joke! I dropped off my wife's KIA at the Moreno Valley, Ca location at 09:38 AM after first calling Antwone to confirm her car battery would be replaced today. He said "yes, no problem". I called back at 12:30 pm and was told her car was next. We went to the movies so after receiving no calls, I called back at 3:30 pm and was told her car was next. I was pissed. I went back to the shop where Antwone thought he was clever enough to play games with me; he wasn't. With no customers waiting and only 2 cars in the service bays, he said they were busy all day, appointments, etc. He then said he allegedly told me the car would be out today before they close and that wasn't until 2 1/2 hours.

He then said they tried to jump her car with their car starter but couldn't, yet my 4 - cylinder car jumped it on its 1st try. The whole time this transpire, he wore a ** eating grin on his face and offered up all the names for me including his district manager, mechanic's name, Corp CEO, etc., telling me the whole time that they won't care either. Pretty amazing how this 7 hour job took them 23 minutes, as we waited in the shop. After a nearly 15 year relationship with this same store; adios; I'll try not to let the door hit you on my way out. Too many other competitors will be glad to take my money.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I thought Firestone hired professional mechanics not scam artists. Took our Land Rover Freelander in to have new timing belts (3) and water pump installed and an oil change. The oil was never changed and only 1 timing belt was installed. Then they cut a wire to a sensor and the repair looks like a child did it. This is unacceptable for the cost of 2500.00. This shop is located on Deer Springs Rd in Las Vegas NV. Will never go to another Firestone for anything, not even tires. Also cancelling their credit card.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I came in for an oil change, I did need tires so the associate at the front found tires for me that were reasonably priced and ordered them for me so I scheduled an appointment for the next day to have them changed. An hour before my appointment another associates calls me and tells me about a one day sale they’re having, buy 2 get 2, I explained as I did with the first associate that I wanted to stay in a certain price range and he said he would beat her price so I scheduled an appointment to come in for the date of the sale.

The next day the original associate that ordered the tires for me calls and asks why I didn’t come in for my tires so I told her what the second associate told me, which she said his information was inaccurate and that he must have been new. I rescheduled again for the original tires and when I go in am told that the price I was originally quoted was not accurate so I declined the alignment I had in addition to the tires.

The final associate that handled my work order told me that since I had had so many issues he would include the alignment at no cost and the price would be what I was originally quoted, which I thought was great... then I got the bill and it was over $100 what I was told. No communication between employees and apparently no accountability for lying to customers.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information

Firestone
1900
Akron
OH
www.firestone.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business