1.08/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Firestone Service Centers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

727 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Warning to my fellow roofers. Firestone don't care if you have a problem. I am a roofing contractor for 30 years. We install Firestone EPDM roofs. We never had a problem before. We notice Firestone EPDM rolls are not what they were before. Come with holes and wrinkles. Hard to remove on 100x20 ft rolls. We were working on a roof last week. We opened up a 20x50 Firestone roll. There was a hole in roll large all so it had a seem where they join each roll at plant. There was 10x20 EPDM had bad rubber. It looked like it was 20 years old. It looked like a old tire left out in the sun for years.

I called the dealer. They told me to call the Firestone rep. I called him, waited 5 hours, no callback. I had left a message on his cell phone saying he needs to look at this roof EPDM. Never got a callback. My men were just waiting. I got upset that the Firestone REP did not even call me back. Then I sent him a text letting him know how I was disappointed with Firestone. He called me 7 hours later and he yelled at me and said ** many times over and told me it's not his problem and told me to call my dealer. So what can my dealer do? They did not make it so I can not blame my dealer. I got 5 rolls Firestone on my job. All had holes in them. I have photos and tag numbers to prove it. I am so disappointed in Firestone. I guess we are just not important to this joint company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I wish I could give this Firestone on 7240 N Mesa El Paso, TX 79912 ZERO stars! I took my car to get the brakes checked, and had the rear brakes replaced. When I got my car back, the brakes felt worse than before. I made an appointment to have them checked again, and when I got there and told them the problem, I was told that I had to wait even though I had an appointment. They made a mistake the first time, so my car should have been a priority! I had no time to waste so I left. My sibling, who is a highly trained and certified automotive technician looked at my car and this is what was discovered. The rear brakes that were replaced was not properly cut or adjusted, so essentially it was like my car had not rear brakes. The front brakes that were inspected were not resealed properly and were left with loose screws, so those could have easily failed leaving me with not brakes! DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR THERE!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Went and took my mother car to get a sensor. Why I am definitely a women. My mom’s card was charged almost 2500.00. What they said that she needed these things done and upon themselves went on ahead and did the work without letting her know. Ok my mom was very upset and they could not take the charges off her card. This was only recommendations and not required. So when my husband went to the place it was a different answer. But nothing was ever done. My mom paid the credit card off and canceled the card. The people are rude and just out to get money. Firestone at Crossroads Mall in Roanoke, Va take advantage of women and do not do the work you pay for. Will never go back nor my mother who has been loyal for over 10 years. 10 years down the drain. This business sucks. Will not recommend anyone go to this Firestone or any women.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was told I had a cracked radiator bracket and extreme oil leaks. I was sold a $35.00 check dye package and was told leaks were very minor. They quoted me $3,000.00 and to leave the car for a few days to stop leaks. At this time they could not find radiator bracket problem. I want a refund of $35.00. I have been a customer for a long time. But I am wondering if they are doing what I am paying for. Why do I have to ask to see problems to get honest service? Not only is it upsetting to hear bad news but even worse when you're being lied to and paying big money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

After selecting a battery online that was shown as recommended for my make and model of car, and scheduling an appointment for installation, the Firestone dealer installed a lower grade and cheaper battery in my car without telling me, then still charging me the same price as the higher grade battery. Additionally, they advertised a $34.95 synthetic oil change but once there told me that would cost me $54.00. As I am a senior, I believe they felt they could take advantage of me and did. I hope this is a warning to others, especially the elderly to not do business with this dealer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Had my daughter go into the Firestone car center in Chicago recently and was appalled by what your car care center was trying to pull off. She went in to check to see if she needed an alignment, they asked why she thought she needed an alignment and she told them the car shakes when going over 70mph. They told her that her front tires were badly worn and she needed to buy two new tires. She lets me know I tell her that could not be as I have the tires rotated every other oil change and if the front tires were bad then the back tires would be just as worn.

Not being in Chicago to verify this I tell her to go ahead with the tires even though I know they are lying. Then they get it up on the lift and then tell her that there is another issue. They tell her that the front tie rods need to be repaired and both upper arms and left ball bearing. The rep gives her a quote of almost 1800.00 which included the 218.00 for the two tires. Being I have had bad experiences with Firestone in the past and was very skeptical about my daughter going there again, I ask her to send me the quote just to see why it was so much money. This particular car center was double charging my daughter for the parts and charging labor charges above and beyond .

Really, is this how Firestone operates their car care centers. I will never go to another Firestone car care center again. I now will be flying to Chicago to get the car and bring it back to Ohio to fix it for approx. 218.00 total for the upper arms, tie rods and bearings and have the tires checked for wear. I just hope that while they had it up on the lift they didn't do anything that my daughter to get into an accident while on the freeway or just driving.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

As a consequence of selling me one tire the wrong size, my transmission blew. A tire company messes up tire sizing? I also caught them trying to sell me services I didn't need employing scare tactics - telling me it wasn't safe to drive my car when the only reason my car wasn't safe to drive was their fault.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We were traveling out of state. The air compressor went out and broke the belt. The technician explained that we could have the full system completely replaced, but that would be nearly $1,000. He said he could just replace the compressor and the belt and we could safely return home and have the remainder of the have the A/C up and running later. He stated that he couldn't guarantee the A/C would work since they didn't connect it. In no way under no circumstances did he imply or insinuate that by driving the car home without the compressor recharged with freon and connected would in any way be a concern. Additionally, there was originally a stud on the compressor that they replaced with the WRONG size and type or bolt.

When I bought it to my mechanic the bolt flew off and caused a piece of the compressor to break off when he was charging the Freon. I called Firestone. The manager, Crystal, was rude, abrupt, condescending and blamed me for driving the car with the A/C "dry" and that I should have known that if they didn't complete the extra several hundred dollar job it would cause damage. She denied any connection to not properly replacing the stud with an appropriate bolt. Instead she stated, "it was just to hold the lines in place". The bolt was WAY too short and held on by only one or two threads... But, somehow it's MY fault that when my mechanic tried to charge the system the bolt blew off and damaged the compressor...!!!

All Firestone did was pull the old compressor, put a new one in but didn't do anything else to it, and put a belt on. For THAT they charged $648 and now I have to start from scratch with a new compressor and everything. They are lying, cheating opportunists that took complete advantage of travelers on a Saturday in 100 degree weather hundreds of miles from home. I will NEVER purchase anything from Firestone ever again. They've lost my business for life!!! This took place at the Olive Street location in St Louis, MO. I spoke to Chrystal **.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I owned a 2000 Malibu, which I bought new. Aside from a few oil changes from fast lube stores, the Malibu was cared for entirely by Firestone, mostly in Springfield, Mass, and Norwich, Ct. There were other Firestone stores up and down the East Coast from Florida to Mass - they were all good to great. They are electronically interconnected and were able to bring up my car's history no matter where I was. It's not that I had all good experiences with Firestone during the seventeen years that I drove my car, which was recently totaled during a hit and run, it's that any less than good experiences, and there were only two, were quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

Today I called Firestone to make an appointment for a diagnostic on a used (one owner) car that I'm thinking about buying. The gentleman who answered the phone, Chuck, was genuinely disappointed to hear that the Malibu had been totaled. That car meant a lot to me and Chuck validated my feelings. That is what I'm talking about. Firestone recognizes and respects the human investment, the physical and the emotional. When the Malibu was totaled, it was in perfect condition. Firestone will always care for my cars.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Went to Firestone Complete Auto Care, located on **. Never going to them again. I only went for an oil change, which they did. Even had a coupon for the oil change. But when I picked up my car, they told me I needed new fuel lines. The technician and mechanic both swore they smelled fuel in my car. That was a lie, because I never smelled any fuel at all. But they tried to push the fuel line repairs onto my bill, which would have been around $300.00 to $400.00 dollars. I let them know I could not afford that and that my fuel lines were fine. So I only paid for my discounted oil change. But now, my brakes are making a knocking sound. Also sounds like something is loose under the hood of my car. There was nothing wrong with my brakes, nor did I have any knocking sounds from them or under my hood. So Firestone messed up my brakes with whatever they did to my car.

I am taking my car to another mechanic so they can fix whatever Firestone did and at an affordable price. Is it Firestone's policy to milk the customers of money? If the customer is there for only one thing just fix that. Pushing unnecessary repairs on customers and intentionally causing more problems to the customer's car is unprofessional, disrespectful, and dangerous. Trust me, I would bring my car back to get my brakes fixed, but something else might need "conveniently" repaired and at an unaffordable price.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Firestone Complete Auto Care 3650 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL. My experience with Firestone has been less than satisfying. They repaired my brakes, but did not have the proper tools to do the job correctly and were not going to tell me what they had done. When I went in to pick up my car, the sales rep, whom I thought was a mechanic because he was dressed like one, told me that my car was ready to go. I asked if I could take a look at the work before I signed off on it. He reluctantly said, “Sure.” I knelt down and looked at the brake line and was surprised to see that it looked nothing like the original configuration. In fact, it looked like a dangerous twisted mess. When I asked him about it, the rep confessed that he was not a mechanic.

So I asked to speak to the real mechanic about this and he explained that they used a brake line that was too long for my car and they could not cut it to fit correctly. Instead of cutting the new brake line to fit my vehicle, they decided to bend it to take up the extra 3 to 4 feet. See the photos for the bends. A brake line shouldn’t look like that. When I asked the mechanic why he had bent the brake line in such strange ways, he explained that he didn’t have the tool he needed to cut the line that was shipped. They had shipped him a brake line that was 3 to 4 feet longer than what my Ford Explorer needed.

It is impossible to understand how this shop did not have a simple tool to cut the brake line so it would fit my car properly. I priced out the tool and I saw it online for less than $35. I was so caught off guard after seeing my brake line bent into balloon-animal-type shapes that I completely forgot to make sure that I had my wheel lock key. The shop claimed that they gave it to me, but I didn’t have it. So, I had to go to another shop to get the wheel locks taken off without the key. That cost additional money. When I saw Firestone’s bill of over $300, I complained about the work and they knocked $25 off and said that was all they could do.

Bottom line: They tried to upsell me on a lot of other parts. For the $300+ I spent, I would have expected more professional work and service. They had finagled the repair and were ready to let me leave the shop without telling me what they had done. To me, this seemed dangerous and wrong. The shop was also not properly equipped to do the job correctly. If you value your safety and peace of mind, don’t use this Firestone shop! I really do hope someone from Firestone is monitoring this because I would really like my car to be repaired properly, or at the very least, receive a refund for the poor pathetic work that was done!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

On 03/20/2017, I took my car into Firestone at 620 Almeda Mall for an Oil Change and Rear brakes with a coupon for both. I've gone to this store several times over the years but the personnel has changed so has the service given. The previous personnel cared about the customer. The rear rotor started rusting and now completely rusted. On 09/20/17, I took my car back to the same location.

Jason told it was normal that the rotor rust at some point. I told that I would take it to Lexus for them to look at it. So if Lexus tells me the rotor are not of good quality they would need to refund all of my money. I will take my car to Lexus to have them done correctly. In addition, I had my oil changed with a coupon of 19.99 but took it upon themselves to upgrade the oil change without my permission. They charged mt 60.68 after 2 discount coupons of $15.00 each therefore the oil change would have been $90.68 before the discount. These people are making decision on the customer's car without their permission.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Called over the phone regarding a oil change I was quoted and I asked how long was the wait gonna be and I was told, "Come on in. We only have one person." When I got there it was 5 people waiting and didn't deliver the service like I wanted and sat there for 2 hours without any apologies. When you ask them a question they dance around the answers. Very unprofessional. Especially at a time of all these hurricanes people should be more helpful towards the public working for the public. I will not be going back! Grapevine, Texas Highway 114 your attitudes suck!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

On September 8 morning about 9 AM, I walked in the Firestone Complete Auto Care at San Mateo store to drop off my vehicle for rear brake service. I have been told they will need to inspect the vehicle and let me know what will need to be done. I had informed the cashier that I had the online coupon for $60 off standard brake service. Although I knew there is previous sale $100 for the same service ended last week. I thought it will be somewhat similar pricing and the cashier promised he will take care it.

On about 1 PM, the cashier called back and informed me the front brake pad need to be replaced and the rotor can be resurfaced. The price is $210. At the time the call, I have not remembered the car just replaced the front brake pad about 6 months ago and only the rear brake need to be replaced. I also thought the price after coupon will be $150 and told them to do the work. Since then I have not received any call and not sure when the car will be ready and most import when the shop will be closed.

At 6 pm, I had just realized it may be late to pick up the car. I called the shop multiple times but no one to pick it up. I hurry walked to shop and sure the shop had been closed. I was totally lost and frustrated what was happen to me. I then have to find a ride from my family 30 miles away from the shop to pick me up and go home. On the next day, I had again asked my family to give me a ride to San Mateo to pick up the car. When I told what happen to me to cashier, he simply respond he don't know why I didn't get informed about the car is ready for pick up yesterday.

In order to pick up the car, I had also discovered the price for the brake service is still $210. I asked for the $60 coupon discount but the cashier then responds the price will be added to $270 and then shows the $60 discount. I was very frustrated again what was happening. It is very unfair for consumer like me never have a chance to say NO because I can't review their proposal and discuss why the normal price is almost three time higher than last week. There is never a price list for the standard brake service and the cashier can make up the final price whatever they want. The price $270 to change the brake pad will certainly above the market rate and I won't even walk in the shop for this.

Firestone Complete Auto Care use this marketing practice to misleading the consumers with $60 discount but actually charging the above market rate by without giving them a chance to say NO. I have filed a complaint to California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Automotive Repair and hope they can STOP this happening to someone else again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

My car broke down in the middle of Hampden on Tuesday evening and I had to have it towed to the Firestone at 10955 E Mississippi Avenue. I am a college student from out of state, and left my car and keys with instructions to call my father who would be paying for the repairs before beginning work. I arrived to pick up my car Wednesday evening to discover that my father had attempted to pay for my car repairs with his credit card over the phone and the manager, **, would not accept cards via phone.

While I was waiting in the lobby and my father was attempting to find an alternative method of payment, ** proceeded to run my father down to me, calling him rude and asking me for a positive review to offset the negative reviews my father had promised to leave after he blamed my father for the confusion regarding method of payment and refused to help. My father called corporate, who called ** twice while I was in store, and he laughed it off - telling me that corporate knew nothing of store policy anyway and wouldn’t be of any help to us.

He then decided to tell me how much he hates working with people and that after his numerous years in management that talking to people is his least favourite part of his job. The last thing he said to me before leaving the store was “Can I say something and not sound rude?” I told him he would most likely sound rude, but that I would do my best not to judge him. He then proceeded to tell me how my father calling corporate had been stupid - that he didn’t mind getting the call but that my father had wasted my time and made my life more difficult than necessary in doing so.

After everything was finally settled (my father wound up going to a local firestone where we are from - 900 miles away from where I am in school) the manager took my father’s credit card information over the phone anyway - he had simply needed a Firestone employee to verify my father’s I.D. This manager is honest - when he tells you he is not a people person, you should believe him. I understand if companies have policies they need to enforce, but never should a manager run one customer down to another. ** bad-mouthing my father to me when all we were trying to do was pay him was entirely unnecessary and highly unprofessional. I will never again bring my car to this location, and I may refuse to use Firestone as a whole from now on. I want nothing to do with a company that treats its customers this way.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

1530 Oregon Pike, Lancaster, PA. AVOID-AVOID-AVOID!!! I'M NOT happy at all! Took car in for front end alignment, after replacing control arms, ball joints, tie rods, sway bar rods, and tie rod extension tubes. My car drove straight and true before they got a hold of it! Now, it immediately veers off to the right when hands are taken off the steering wheel momentarily! After TWO attempts to let them align my car properly, I'm left with a car in worse shape than when I brought it to them! I am now forced to go above the manager's head to try to get my car aligned properly.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I took my 2002 Volvo in pristine condition every way for alignment in Long Island NY. It had Brand New Firestone tires. They sold me lifetime warranty. I should have known. What they did to my Audi Quattro years ago but I thought they might have become honest. I was wrong. They aligned my car but pulling it off the rack they damaged the right rear arm by not folding the lift pad that picks up car or supports it. I could feel pull on right within first 20 feet and then clearly it was obvious. They said no you are just feeling that. I drove my car to Panama City Florida 32405, stopped and complained at Virginia Firestone but they wanted me to make appointment. When I reached Florida my front tires were wearing out from inner sides and right rear from the outer right thread badly. Firestone in Florida pulled up record then they said get us a print out from another shop. I went to Goodyear and got it.

Then they said they cannot pull up my account when actually they did less than hour ago. I said give me your headquarter number and the guy says he is new. He does not know. So I was very upset. I found on web and wrote the headquarter of Firestone. The reply was "We cannot find your account." When they had a picture copy of NY alignment uploaded to them in email with all info in it. Now I am back in New York while I had to pay and replace 3 tires as they went bald. So this time the manager says "We do not have special tools to align camber or caster." I said "But why the tow ins are incorrect too? Why my car was damaged and I was not told?" He said "It's been too long." I said "I complained about it from the first 5 minutes I got the car back from you people and constantly at every Firestone I passed by."

Firestone people have the aspect of cons. They take in your cars damage it and not even have tools to do the job but they tell you after you find out the facts and complain. It is costing me over $4500 to repair the damages. It has caused me and I cannot even drive the car safely especially in wet weather wet roads.

I cannot believe these people are still in business. They had done the same thing to my other car years ago. They put lives of people in danger and scam them and on top of that they admit finally half of the truth that they do not have special tools. That is a lie because my Volvo or other cars have these nuts at top of the shock that are used to adjust camber caster. But then I had no problems with my car's alignment before. Only after I took it in just to make sure that my car had no alignment issues.

I plan to take these people to court and prove what other shops wrote regarding the alignment and the damages it brought on to the car. These are shameless people at Firestone and they call themselves Americans. They should have a sign saying Scammers instead of Firestone. All this has caused me major problems as I cannot use my car much especially on long trips or even locally in rain.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Brought car in to have positive battery cable replaced. Got car back with a drywall screw holding terminal in place. When I asked the manager he said, "that's how we fix it." This is a Firestone Dealership. Poor excuse for a tire and auto repair shop. Bought many sets of tires and services prior to this. Will definitely not buy from Firestone again. CFNA no help! Closed my account. Would not recommend Firestone or CFNA. VERY POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES. ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS AND NO CONCERN FOR CUSTOMERS! BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

(07-Aug-2017) We purchased $800 worth of tires from Firestone two months ago (at their Amarillo, Texas Store). We got a nail in one of our tires and went back to Firestone (at their College Station, Texas Store) thinking that they would fix it for free since we just bought the tires from Firestone. Not only did they charge us $20 to fix the flat, they could not have cared less about our feeling concerning the charge. AVOID BUYING TIRES FROM FIRESTONE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS terrible. When you buy new tires from their competition (at any of their locations), you can bring the vehicle in anytime (to any of their locations) for a flat repair at no charge and they will rotate and balance the tires every 5,000 miles for you as well. I will never again buy anything from Firestone.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

On May 20th my son took our 1999 Mustang GT into your Firestone location at Durango Dr in Las Vegas with a bad Throw-Out Bearing that any 1st year mechanic could tell in about 1 minute if that long. My son was told it would be no problem and that they recommend replacing the Flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate and throw-out bearing as a set due to the age and mileage. This is all good practices to follow and was a reasonable request so I approved it for my son to have the work done and charged to our account.

On May 24th my son picked the Mustang up as they said the work was done and had been road tested. Later that evening he called me to discuss concerns that he felt were not correct in the way the car was acting and the clutch “feel”. After we talked he returned the Mustang to the same location explaining what was going on and he was told by the Manager that it was the wrong parts installed and it should not have been done.

At that time the “back pedaling” started and everything went downhill fast. All kinds of excuses started flying including my son being told that the transmission was an aftermarket trans so that was part of the problem. They told him they could not find information on the trans and it would be impossible to get the “right” parts for it. My son went down to the location and showed them the casting info and the “tag” that they missed? This car is completely bone stock from the factory.

Ford had two combinations that year and they are very easy to tell the difference in. Ford use a 6 or 8 bolt crankshaft for the flywheel and the trans was either a 10 or 26 spline input shaft. Both very easy to tell the difference if you passed Kindergarten. Now we get into some very interesting errors and out right lying on the part of the crew at this location. My son was told they could not locate the correct parts for the car and he would have to procure them himself. This is an outright lie as they told him that Summit Auto had the parts and set up an order that he would have to call in and pay for to get it shipped to them. I know for a fact your stores have 3rd party purchasing agreements with vendors just for this reason.

Bottom line my son paid for the clutch and flywheel, was without his car for total of 18 days to do a 2 day maximum job, charged for the wrong parts that were ordered and installed and then replaced with the correct parts that my son had paid for. When I contacted Firestone they passed on this info to the Manager (Pierce) to call me, no call so I called him. He was on his day off, then the next call he was on vacation and seems to be way too busy to call for the last month.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Went in for an alignment because my tire was bent. After about 30 minutes Chris called and stated they felt a little vibration when they test drove it and suggested that I get an wheel balanced. I said, "Sure go ahead." Picked up my car maybe 30 minutes later. Drove maybe 2 miles and my steering wheel seemed hard to turn my car started shaking uncontrollable. I immediately turn around and took it back to the shop. They said we will do an steering and suspension inspection for free. I'm thinking the inspection should have been done prior to the work, at least that what it says on their website. They found all kind of things wrong with my vehicle including leaking struts, wobbly steering etc. things that any other mechanics said should have been fixed prior to the alignment getting down.

I left my truck there from Sunday and picking/towing tomorrow. Some of the workers were not friendly at all (Scott) acted as though I was bothering them. I filed a complaint because if they would have not done the alignment I probably could have saved up the money to get it repaired at a later date. I missed worked, had to catch Ubers to get around. Firestone (Richard) from customer service said it's not their fault. Basically telling a customer so what if they did an alignment without checking the steering and suspensions first, they did not caused the issue. They did say they will send me a check for the alignment and wheel balancing but they caused me 1,000's of dollars. HORRIBLE SERVICE! I am looking into legal matters.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Called ahead to set up appointment to mount and balance tires that I supplied and do front end alignment. I told them on phone it was a crew cab dually three times, each time asking if it would fit on alignment rack. I was told no problem. When I show up I'm told they can't do it... I told them I asked three times when making appointment and they had zero concern... Now I've got new tires on a vehicle that I know is out of alignment, and I have a trip this weekend so I was stuck getting tires and no alignment... So now I will be tearing up new tires on this trip... Train your front desk on what your equipment is capable of... They referred me to a shop that can do it, but it's too late for them to do it... Guess they just wanted to get the tire mount money and not care that I would be an unhappy customer... Bad business in my opinion...

Original review: July 26, 2017

Since the end of May 2017, I have been dealing with Firestone Tire Corporation. I initially brought my truck in because my truck was shaky when driving and my engine light was on. I was quoted $99 for an engine diagnosis and was advised this will inform them of everything wrong with my vehicle. They called me to advised me four separate codes came on and to correct it the cost would be under $900. I stressed the importance of handling all safety measures and they assured me they were.

Once I paid and picked up my vehicle, I didn't even make it off the lot before the engine light came on again and the shaking was still noticeable. I went right back in and they advised me that they only did 3 of the 4 codes because they thought it would fix the problem and they were trying to save me money. They went ahead and fixed the final code and I paid an additional $127. At the time, they reviewed other things with me concerning my vehicle but said they weren't pressing safety issues and I would be fine.

A few days later I went to get an oil change at Meineke and the mechanic asked me if I had a will for death? The reason being my tires were about to split wide open. I was so upset as I stressed the importance of taking care of all safety issues concerning my truck and trusted Firestone did just that. I decided to go back to Firestone after speaking with them and they convinced me to get four brand new tires as it was a better deal that came with a $100 rebate. I put these tires on Firestone credit along with some windshield wipers.

Once my tires were put on I received a call from Justin at Firestone Acworth, GA location and he advised me they couldn't do the alignment and rotation because my tire rod was bad. I asked why didn't they tell me this prior to selling me the tires and he stated they can't determine that ahead of time. I paid less than $600 for the tires and windshield wipers. Shortly after this (days) my truck broke down in the middle of the road leaking gas. I paid to tow my car to Firestone and they charged me $69 stating a cap was loose. Then two additional lights came on my truck and there was a burning smell coming from the right passenger side. Near the front passenger's feet was very hot. I brought my truck in yet again.

Reynaldo called me to tell me my truck now needed $1400.00 additional work. I told him I've already paid almost $2K for this truck based on all their recommendations and I couldn't afford to put more money into this truck. He said he would speak to his manager and call me back. He called me back to tell me they reduced it to $1000 and was only addressing the safety concerns and would also give me a preferred customer discount of 15%. He assured me this work would resolve all my issues and would cost me less than $900 so I agree believing my truck would be in great working condition. He called me that when my truck was ready. I paid an Uber to go get my truck. I paid Justin the amount due and left the lot. I didn't even make it 2 miles down the road before the same codes reappeared and the horrific burning smell.

I was flustered and furious as I needed to get my daughter back to college in Savannah. I called Firestone but they had closed already. I had to pay for a hotel because I no longer live in Acworth and bring my truck back in the morning. They called me before I could call them to see how my truck was running and I told them the problem was not corrected. They instructed me to bring it in again. I brought my truck in and Donna (the new general manager who took Gary's place) asked me if they fixed my problem and I nodded no. Reynaldo raced over to me to tell me not to worry he's gonna take care of me and fix the problem. I left my truck with them yet again. This is June 28th (I remember because it's my daughter's birthday).

Once he completed the work, he called to inform me. He also had the audacity to tell me he could no longer do anything for me for free and going forward he wanted to make sure we were clear that the slate was clean. I advised him immediately that he absolutely did nothing for me for free and the only thing he did was fix the problem I paid for multiple times over that was still not corrected. I was so upset by his comments as I had been extremely patient leading up to this point though this probably made it my 7th visit within 5 weeks.

I called Firestone Corporate to issue a official complaint. Reynaldo told me he worked on my tire rod initially along with some other things and the next day my front bearings. He assured me these codes would no longer come on and the burning smell would be gone. Well sadly, this was not the case. The codes and burning smell happened again. I was IRATE. I made it to Savannah and brought it to Firestone there. They were too busy and asked me to bring it back. I filed another complaint. This time Maurice the area manager called me but I was already on vacation and wouldn't be back for a week. He told me no problem when I get back call him and bring it in. I did exactly that. The only problem this time Maurice was on vacation.

Savannah Firestone checked my truck and discovered the code that keeps appearing with the burning smell has nothing to do with the prior work done. So basically the previous technicians were either incompetent or using my truck as a guinea pig doing exploratory treatment. I have been taken advantage by a corporation I trusted. The reason I chose Firestone is because I'm going through a divorce and wanted a company I could trust to fix my problems so I could be safe on the road with my children. I have spoken to the area manager Maurice regarding the recent update and my problem still not resolved and I'm not satisfied. I am requesting a full refund as I only agreed to pay for work on my vehicle that would fix my problems.

As you can see, it has not and my vehicle is still not repaired. I have paid almost $3,000 for a vehicle that's not even worth that much and my truck is worse off than when I initially brought it in. I escalated again to corporate and Maurice called me back and told me that Firestone would be willing to pay for a diagnostic but unable to reimburse me for work done that they told me was fixing my problem but never did. I was misadvised, my truck was misdiagnosed and monies were taken from me unethically. I want this matter resolved and I don't want to involve an attorney but if I have to I will.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased a large gift card and my son misplaced it. I have the receipt and account number. I went back to the store and they e-mailed corporate office numerous times and got no response. I called the gift card services numerous times and they too e-mailed the corporate office numerous times and no response. This has been going on for over a month. This is very poor customer service. I have been told by everyone I have spoken with that they are only able to contact the corporate office thru e-mail and that they are the only one that can rectify the problem. Needless to say after five weeks of trying to contact them numerous times they have no intention of helping me resolve this problem. I am going to file a claim in small claims court. The gift card is for a large amount and I can not afford to let them keep my money.

Original review: July 23, 2017

After 20 years of being a customer of Firestone, having many vehicles serviced between Asheville & Hickory, NC locations we are no longer going to waste our time (or hard earned monies) any longer as repairs are not always correct, your time is wasted and mechanics seem to guess (low skilled) and the Younger Millennial Manager only seems to want to bill you for more and more at $125.00/hour, hugely marked-up parts, talking to me like I am ignorant and I am twice his age! Where the hell has the respect gone today I ask? This manager does not like to be questioned about anything (costs, charges. results), His feelings seem to get hurt, he becomes argumentative, yet I want to know the truth and be dealt with honestly as I do for my own business customers. I am a licensed contracting business owner. We DO NOT charge $125.00/hour and lucky if we can survive on 1/3rd that and operate our businesses legally in this area...

But This Hickory Store seems to go through managers, and customer service is very poor as is the customer waiting area hardly serviced. You cannot rely on repairs being 100%, many times had to come back inconveniencing our schedules to do so, given excuse after excuse what problem is, etc etc etc... as many times (we) and others I read about have to waste more of our time to take vehicles back to them to try to fix a problem you already paid previously for.

After events today, seeing the manager (Chris) talk down to me, become condescending and argumentative after I questioned charges, I told him NO MORE and took my keys and left! I had to bring my truck in twice in the last 48 hours for them for a problem that supposedly was fixed in March costing me over $2,000.00 then!!! They seem to guess at the problem, and I being a professional troubleshooter over 35 years, these younger generation kids they have do not have a clue how to approach a problem correctly, or analyze it, yet want to charge an exorbitant fee (giving it a big label) to do so and yet, you can never be 100% sure things are fixed. Double talk by this Store manager today, arguing with me in front of my young son and wife, he even threatening to call Police on me for getting upset with him, we all left and I told him I am taking this to Corporate.

With my many personal and business vehicles over 20 years' time, we have spent MANY, MANY $Thousands of dollars for repairs/service, but in recent times, Firestone and its people at this store seem to be missing the bar in many areas. Just read all the reports against them, and corporate needs to do something or else Firestone will go bankrupt as customers leave them.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Over the past 6 months or so we have had continually bad customer service from the individuals who check you in and out. We finally decided to go somewhere else. Ran into 2 of the mechanics/front end guys at lunch one day about 2 weeks ago. They mentioned they hadn't seen me. I explained about all the problems we have been having with the people upfront and had decided we should just go to the dealership. After some persuading I agreed to try again. 7/9/17 Went online and scheduled an appt. "for an oil change and tire rotation" on Sunday 7/16/17 at 8:30 am to drop off the vehicle. 7/16/17 Arrived at 8:15 am to drop off vehicle. When asked when we would be picking it up I said 1:00 pm. Arrived back at service center at 1:15 pm. Austin went to check me out however, my paperwork and key were not up front. He went to the back and brought up my paperwork and key. He stated that it had not been serviced yet.

I told him the gentleman I dropped it off to said no problem. He told me his store manager was there today and to speak with him. When he came back in the store from the parking lot, I realized that the guy from earlier this morning was indeed the store manager. Austin told him about my vehicle, he then ask Austin what "hook" it was on. He said they dropped the ball and could I wait that I would be next. I politely declined and left. I would never recommend anyone to go to this service center. I rated this as a 1 because there was not anything any lower. Really disappointed in how the service has continually went downhill over the last couple of years.

Original review: July 10, 2017

It was the worst experience I have ever had in my life in servicing of my car. I got emission codes due to which I had to bring the car to service center to repair the engine. They repaired the engine and charged me 1000 bucks. When I picked my car my wife drove and she started experiencing bouncing up and down on bumps. I complained for it to Firestone and they diagnosed the issue again. They said that it's the strut issue and another 1000 dollars will resolve my issue. This problem was never existed before I dropped my car the first time. Never go into the traps of Firestone service center in Perimeter Pkwy, Atlanta.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Please read & please share & please ask others to share. 3 1/2 weeks ago I took my car to the Firestone on State Street in Orem. They put differential fluid in my transmission. They acted like I was lucky because I got a free transmission fluid change, even though earlier that day when I requested a transmission fluid change they told me that they could not do that because they do not do anything on Subaru transmissions, that they're touchy and I should only take it to the dealer. The story changed as I spoke to them. When I picked up my car first I was just lucky and they decided to do it and it was complimentary, then they made a mistake that the car had never been started, then the car had been started, every evolving story.

I asked why it had not been taken to the Subaru shop immediately when they found out they had made a mistake & I was told that they looked it up online and it turned out to be easy so they did it. The manager was not in and it was evening so they said it was safe to drive home and I drove home. The car was lurching and felt different within a few miles. The Subaru shop said that the new fluid could still be contaminated & could be the cause of lurching. The store manager refused to pay to have it taken to Subaru shop to get checked out, also refused to give me the name and contact information of his supervisor or a complaint department at Firestone. I had to do a Google search to get that information.

Yesterday (3 1/2 weeks later) the claims department finally got back to me and authorized taking my car to the shop and a rental. The area manager while I was waiting for the claims department to proceed told me to go ahead and rent a car that it would be covered. I only rented it for two days and used my bike the rest of the time. The claims department yesterday said to submit the receipt for the rental and they would reimburse me.

Here's what I got in response. Basically they want me to release them for all damages, to not have to repair my car that is now having transmission problems, or pay for for the current rental, want me to agree to a confidentiality clause and also to not file any complaints or damages with any government agencies, etc. in exchange for paying for two days of rental last week.

Original review: June 25, 2017

April 24th 2016, I brought my truck in because the AC was not blowing cold air. After diagnosis of the AC, it was determined the condenser fan failed. I paid over $400 to have it replaced. After 1 year and 2 months, the condenser fan failed again, and I was told I needed to replace it AGAIN. In addition, I was told the part and service was not under warranty due to mileage and the warranty expired after 1 year. I find it appalling after several years of repairs on both my vehicles, my wife's vehicle, and my fleet service that Firestone would put a part in my vehicle that would only last barely over a year, regardless of the mileage and would not warranty labor and/or part. We have invested our vehicles into Firestone and clearly there is no investment in us. We will be cancelling our Firestone cards and taking our business elsewhere.

Original review: June 24, 2017

As a paying customer of Tires Plus in Boca Raton Florida, I went in by appointment to have my tires rotated, and oil changed. The oil leaked out all over my driveway the next morning, they took my vehicle back, and I had to take a cab to work. When my vehicle was returned to me, the back door was rattling, a hammer banging sound from bottom right of vehicle. I called to report this & brought the vehicle back to the same store. The store clerk said "Oh all cars make sounds, it must have been there and you didn't notice it". Then the mechanic looked at it and said its just wear and tear and they said they would write me an estimate for the repair (which turned out to be incorrect diagnosis.) They never gave me estimate, or followed up with me.

I called the home office of Firestone 27 times and was repeatedly told an area manager would call me. It was only when I went into their chat room and said I'm filing with FL Attorney General office did they call me. I told them every phone call I am a single woman and use my vehicle for work, my vehicle is NOT safe to drive, so I can pay my bills and mortgage. I have lost considerable income to date from dealing with my now damaged vehicle. My vehicle is now at my dealer and they have properly diagnosed the damage was confirmed to the door, handle, and bracket below damaged costing under $1,500. As of yesterday, the claims dept has denied paying for the damage, and suggested I file an insurance claim. When I replied I am not accepting their denial they then have now offered me to go back to their own center and they will give me a discount that I have to pay to fix the damage they caused.

So to date, my vehicle is at my dealership, and is not safe to drive, so I am in a rental car. I am sending this story to the media. I need my vehicle fixed by Firestone who claims their worth over 200 Billion dollars, but have not taken responsibility for damaging my vehicle. There are no pictures, as the damage can be heard when my vehicle is in motion, and goes over any small bumps. I have informed Firestone claims dept manager I cannot drive my vehicle as is. They have made a conscious disregard for the safety of their own paying customer. I told them I need the go ahead to my dealer to repair it at their expense or I'm filing with addition State and US offices. This is going on over 2 weeks, I have lost many hours of work, sleep, and feel like I'm on the verge of nervous breakdown. Firestone doesn't care.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.
    • Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.
    • Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.
    • Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.
    • Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.
    • Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.
    Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information