Firestone Service Centers
1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 96 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Firestone Service Centers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 17, 2018

757 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This company needs to be put out of business! They overcharge loyal customers. I had a simple light bulb changed for my headlight and was charged 39.99. My car wasn’t even in the shop for 20 minutes. When I complained about it, I was told it was the standard rate and the dealership would charge more. Ha! No they don’t! Called my Honda dealership and they charge nothing! Firestone will never get my business again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

On 1 - 13 - 2018 in ALTOONA PA, my fuel pump went out on my 2008 Silverado, I work for another Auto Parts Store, and our store deliveries all their parts, I KNOW CARS, they tried to tell me that the fuel pump was going to need programmed by GM garage, WTF??? Do they think I’m some kind of an IDIOT? When I spoke to the girl out front, I could not believe what I was hearing, I said I was going to check around, AFTER TALKING TO 4 GM MECHANICS they said they never of such a thing, so I went in personally and talked to Ed and asked him about this report of this fuel pump needing “programmed” and ED ACTUALLY STOOD BY HIS FAKE Mechanic, and they still ripped me off for this so called diagnosis for 56.70 and would not release my truck until the 56.70 was paid.

Ed said they were going to “CUT THEIR LOSS” but I was the one getting ripped off and gave them 56.70, and I could just imagine how much I would of gotten ripped off if I went for the bait. STAY AWAY FROM THE ALTOONA PA FIRESTONE, so now every time I take parts out to them I’m going to wonder who’s getting ripped off today, so the DELPHI FUEL PUMP WILL COST ME 303.00. To have REAL garage install it will cost 200.00 and I got ** out of 56.70 from FIRESTONE. The total will cost 556.00.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I brought my car to Firestone in Selden, NY. My car went in with no problems and came out with a leak from the power steering system. Air had become trapped within the power steering system due to a change of the reservoir and so I made the decision to bring it to Firestone. When I picked my car up that day, the store manager had given me the keys and told me that he had gotten the air out of the line by bleeding it. So I went on my merry way. However after that visit my car was leaking fluid from the bottom. I did not know where the leak was coming from, and assumed it was from the engine and ignored it, barely driving the car, due to being nervous of the costly repairs. However I started to noticed my powering steering fluid was always needing to be refilled quite often. As it would go below where the fluid level needed to be.

Eventually concerned that this fluid was indeed power steering I brought it back to Firestone in Coram, a different location due to the Selden location being busy with only one mechanic on the schedule. I was told by Firestone in Coram that the hose was leaking and it looks as if it was ripped in 2 places. The mechanic told me that he would give me a call back to find out exactly what they did to the car. And then called me back to say that the line was ripped in 2 places and it could have been because they were trying to remove it to bleed the line. He then told me that the service manager at the selden location would take care of the problem and directed me to call the Selden location, that the manager would be awaiting my call and would fix the problem. I made an appointment and they looked over the car.

The Selden location is now saying that they did not touch the car or do work on the car, all they did was turn the steering wheel back and forth so that all the air could come through the reservoir! First off, that is not the process of getting air trapped with the system out. The line indeed needs to be bled, closed back up and then the system refilled! They are refusing to fix the car unless I pay the fee which is around $500 FOR the parts not including the hours of labor which is extremely expensive! I believe one of their mechanics made a mistake and got scared and they allowed me to go home with this problem. My car never had an issue until they touched it! This location is trying to take advantage of me because I am a woman! They assume I know nothing and therefore what they have done will not be discovered.

If I have to go to the police and file fraud charges along with publicizing this matter in the local news and throughout social media, I WILL! All calls were recorded both with Selden location and Coram location and also with the supervisor of customer service. This matter will be resolved, and I am willing to be the example of why mechanics should not take advantage of women and make assumptions.

Updated on 01/16/2018: Hello this is a continuation of my case. I did not receive any resolution, so I wanted to give my experience to help others make a decision of where they want to bring their car for service needs! Also I will be posting on any and every blog/Google/media account, along with a video on YouTube! Please feel free to like comment and share that video. It will be titled "Fraud with Firestone". This video will go up soon after my case is closed so that I can give a full explanation in detail of what happened to me as a woman! And as a vulnerable person whom knows very little about cars! I want to help others avoid these types of stressful and traumatic experiences with bad auto servicing companies. Please go to my first review in order to read what exactly happened! If you have already read the first review this is the outcome or continuation. (I will continue to give updates.)

I have escalated my case, and this has resulted in the supervisor of Customer Affairs contacting the district manager to get involved. The district manager was extremely insensitive and did not help at all. He called me and I explained my situation telling him that I had recorded calls and documents that I could give. He responded that he did not need any of it, only the recording of the Firestone Representatives at another location telling me that they had spoken to the Selden location and Selden had bled my line and it looks like while they were trying to get the line off, it had ripped in two spots right where you take it off! He asked me to send that only! I asked if he would like any other documents and if he could speak with the other Firestone location and he dismissed me. So right away I sent the RECORDINGS.

As soon as I had sent the recording at 3:47 pm, I got a call at 3:50 pm from the manager Bill at the Selden location telling me that he had spoke to the district manager and he will not be helping me, so I need to pick up my car from their location. This indeed means that the district manager never even bothered to open my email first and listen and then investigate! Speaking to the store manager Bill, it sounded as if he knew The district manager well so he decided to just take Bill's word instead of looking into it. Bill mentioned something that bothered me! He said to me that the investigation is closed so I could come get my car. I told him no, that the district manager will have to talk to the other location, and Bill stated that the district manager was going to deal with them, but that it had nothing to do with me or my case. I have no idea what he meant by that!

So I responded that I hope that I am not getting anyone in trouble for being an honest mechanic and not hiding the fact that your location made a mistake! After getting off the phone I went to pick up my car and Gabe was at the front desk, while Bill was in the back working. I smiled and as always said hello. However, I believe they have become annoyed of me so I am never greeted. With a smirk on his face he went and got my keys and gave them to me. I asked if I had any documents to sign and he pretended to look in the computer and said no. I responded with "Okay have a great night" and he got quiet and turned away, so I walked out. I started my engine to warm up my car, as I witnessed Gabe walk to the back where Bill was working.

With nothing but glass as walls for the workstation, I witnessed Gabe wave the folder at Bill that my keys were in with my document. He then waved his hand in a 'goodbye fashion' and both Bill and Gabe started to laugh hysterically, exchanging words and walking back to their workstation. I bursted out in tears, because this was extremely immature and was done only to mock me! I could not believe that they were making a mockery out of my situation. I understand that I gave them a hard time and would not give up trying to make them fix their mistake. However, I completely remained kind, understanding, and professional all throughout this ordeal.

After, I escalated my case to corporate whom hopefully will contact me! I'm praying that the person who contacts me is a good person and has GOD in their life. It seems as if Firestone Representative are all a bunch of Crooks and Liars! This whole situation is extremely exhausting, but I will continue to move forward! If I do not receive help from Firestone I will go to the media and police. I just want to give Firestone a fair chance at fixing their mistake, in hopes that not all of their representatives are like the ones I have already encountered.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

In Dec. 2017 I had headlights replaced in my 2008 Chevy Malibu at Firestone at East Colonial Dr Orlando. The cost was $160 plus tax and they replaced the bulb with inferior parts and the bulbs failed within a week. The Firestone at University Drive replaced the bulbs again under Firestone warranty but caused me much inconvenience and lost work time. My battery cables needed replacement and Firestone charged $300 plus tax for a simple 1 hr job. I believe the price was grossly exorbitant.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Do NOT trust Firestone at all. I purchased the lifetime wheel alignment warranty and every time I bring my car in for a wheel alignment they try to sell me parts that I don't need. One time I went and Firestone said I need a Front lower control arm. They said the bolts were frozen. Naturally I take my car to MY mechanic and show him the paperwork. He puts my car on the lift and shows me that the nuts were NOT frozen. Now I take my car back to Firestone and tell them what my mechanic said. Their response? The guy working on my car is a weakling 100 percent true. So they did the alignment.

Next time I send my wife with my car. They told her I did not have a warranty and sons her another warranty. So I go back with my receipt and again they said sorry. They made a mistake. Now 1 year later I go back for a wheel alignment. They have the car for 2 hours and tell me that my tier rods or frozen and I need new ones. Again I take the car to my mechanic with the paperwork and he loosened up the tie rods with no problem at all. That's it I am no longer using Firestone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Firestone store # 010944. My van's check engine light was on for a P0420 and it didn't pass emissions and I was given a list of State Approved Emissions Repair shops and Firestone was on that list. We had been going to this particular store for years so we took my van there (8/29/16 @ 8:29am). I had to leave my van there and by the end of the day I called for a status update on my van. I was told that they ordered the wrong part and had to reorder it but they would help me with a rental car in the time being since they had an account with Enterprise (I had to come out of pocket $80). The next day I brought the rental back to Enterprise and picked up my van from Firestone after paying $1,426.74.

In September of 2017 the check engine light came on AGAIN for the same P0420. I called Firestone and explained that I JUST had all this fixed in August of 2016. He checked my account and said, "the P0420 could be ANYTHING, catalytic converter, O2 sensor". We'd have to do a courtesy check to find out but our person who specializes in that quit 2 weeks ago. You'd have to go to another Firestone and have them inspect it". I asked him if I would be charged for the inspection and he said, "Yes because the warranty expired in August of 2017". So I asked him, "Do you mean that the quality of your work is only good for one year and I'll have to pay close to $1,500 every year for my car to pass inspection?" His response was, "Ma'am we don't make the parts, we just install them. If there's something wrong with the parts we installed, we can replace them but we'll have to charge you for the labor ($600+).

I asked him why I have to pay for the labor when you installed all the bad parts? You guaranteed your work for a year and now I have to come out of pocket to pay for YOUR error. His response, "Like I said ma'am, we don't make the parts". I got mad and hurried him off the phone. I let my car sit for a while then called them again in December 2017 and he recited the exact same thing he told me in September. He DID mention that the parts installed were under a 5 year warranty so after getting no where with Auburn Firestone I called Firestone in Kent, store #028800. I explained to Randy what happened, he pulled everything up in the computer and told me to bring my van in. He said he couldn't promise it would be looked at right away because they have a back log of cars to work on.

I got a call later that day informing me that ALL the parts that Auburn Firestone installed on my van were ALL defective and needed to be replaced. I asked him how much that was going to cost and to my surprise he said, "Ma'am, we can't charge you for Firestone ordering and using faulty/defective parts. I have to call Auburn Firestone tomorrow and find out where they ordered their parts from. It'll be a few days but we will surely get this taken care of and we will NOT charge you for labor. These parts should have lasted for quite some time, not only 1 year". And he kept apologizing for what the Auburn Firestone did (or didn't do). Looking at the two invoices from each Firestone, it's a shame to see the Kent Firestone invoice # ** reading "REMOVE AND REPLACE O2 SENSOR, CATALYTIC CONVERTER, CONVERTER ULTRA - NEW DEFECTIVE (PART).

I will NEVER go back to the Firestone in Auburn, WA. I gave them a bad review on their website and I will be telling anybody and everybody who will listen that they are crooks. I mean REALLY, you use all DEFECTIVE parts and then you want to charge your customers for labor to REPLACE the garbage you installed initially - what a SCAM!!! I see why their inspection tech quit right before Christmas (he probably grew a conscience).

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My girlfriend needed to have the air in her tires checked, one was low. She went into the Firestone at 701 W Broadway in Council Bluffs Ia. on 1-4-18. It's just across the street from her work and has been there in the past for oil changes and other things. She was told by the manager that this was a self service thing and that the hose was outside the back door. It was 10 degrees outside and my girlfriend had a problem with the hose so she returned to the counter for help. At that time the manager got very rude with her and told my girlfriend that she said she would be out to help and she shouldn't be so impatient.

Initially the manager never offered to help or did she show up to help. My girlfriend told the manager that she wanted to complain about this treatment and would like to have corporate's phone number. At this time my girlfriend was told by ** (manager) that girlfriend needed to get the number off the internet and that she needed to leave the store and never come back. Is this how customers are treated by Firestone?

After hearing about this I went to the store and was greeted with a smile until I asked for corporates phone number. The manager didn't know who I was but immediately her demeanor changed and I was told I would have to get it off the internet. I said "please write the number down or call the police." She called the police and I explained my side of the issue to them. The store manager left the room and didn't come back. I guess in my eyes if the manager felt that she was doing the right thing she would have gladly given us the number. As we were leaving the building I saw a sign in the window with a number. I called and filed a complaint. I get it, at this time we were not buying anything but does that constitute being treated like crap and being asked to leave and never come back? The manager's request is granted, we will never go back. We're going to go to Jensen tires from now on for these things. They're just next door to Firestone.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

On December 26, 2017, I visited the Firestone at 2823 S. Glenstone Ave in Springfield MO. I had scheduled an online appointment to replace the rear brakes based on a previous recommendation from Firestone and asked that the front brakes be looked at as well. Over the past few months Firestone has replaced all four tires, rear struts, tie rods, and ball joints on this vehicle. No one had ever mentioned that I needed front brakes. When I checked in my vehicle I was told that Firestone was running a deal on brakes. The gentleman at the counter told me that I would receive $40.00 off per axle unless I could find a better deal. According to the Firestone website they will match any current locally advertised price if you find and show them a lower price on the same within 30 days of purchase.

I agreed to the work and the total to replace front and rear brakes, rotors, and a brake fluid exchange was $848.51. When I picked up my vehicle I showed the gentleman at the counter a coupon from Big O Tires who at the time was running a special on brakes ($249.00 per axle, including, brake pads, new rotors, and installation). I was later asked if anyone agreed to accept the coupon. I'm not sure why that matters since the website states they will match any current locally advertised price if you find and show them a lower price on the same within 30 days of purchase.

After some back and forth I paid the full amount and returned home. I immediately called Firestone customer service to file a complaint. The customer service representative took my information but I didn't get the feeling that I was going to hear back from the area manager based on her comments and tone. I was told to call back if he did not contact me. He didn't so I called back. My complaint has been escalated to the regional manager who was supposed to contact me. I still have not been contacted. I simply want Firestone to honor what they say but I am doubtful that I will hear from anyone. I also responded to the autogenerated feedback survey generated after the service was performed. No one has contacted me from that source either.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have had my vehicle repaired at Firestone Cobb Dr SE Smyrna since I moved to Georgia and have always had a pleasant experience. They always let me know what is wrong in detail and how much before they fix it. They are courteous, professional and friendly. I would recommend them to everyone. I know I'm going to be treated fair.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I brought my car in on Christmas Eve at the Downers Grove, Il. Store. The car was not running, so they changed the coils and spark plugs. 1st, the manager would not let me take my car unless I paid in full. He took some money off, but it still cost about $500.00 to repair. The car was fine for 2 days, then the engine light came on. Said to me the old gas needs to go out of catalytic converter naturally, & it will keep going on until driven for 1,000 miles. I came in to have it reset, saying this car is not fixed, I read on the wall, not fix the 1st time, you get your money back. He refused, the manager called me a liar, if I say one more word, I will be thrown out. I cannot get my car for a emission test, nor transport people with my car. This manager thinks I am a senile old lady, I am sorry, he is nothing but a crook & a liar!!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

On 11/15/17 I dropped my car off, describing the rattle and loud noise coming from underneath my car, Two hours later and $375.47 they had changed the oil and added two tie rods. A few days later I went back and told them the problem still exists. They told me that it indeed does take several days for the oil to go through the engine. I went to Monroe and they put the car up and called me in. The muffler was barely hanging on. They Said “Sorry you got ripped off big time!" $375.41 may not sound much to you but it's a lot out of my social security for nothing. The service advisor tried to cover, but never, ever will I go to Firestone.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I came in reluctantly, as past experiences with this Firestone has left me sour and feeling overcharged. However, I could not get into my mechanic as he was booked so thought I'd give Firestone (Troy, NY store #165885) another try. The diagnosis was the alternator needed repairing and I was given an estimate of about $536. I waited the 2.5 hours for the repair. When I has handed the bill at the completion of the task, I was billed for 3.3 hours, and the amount I wound up paying was $641, over $100 over what the initial estimate was, When I mentioned that I was billed for labor for more time than I was even there for, I was told that is how it is done.

Why call it billing for labor if it is a pre-fixed amount? I feel misled. The issue with the vehicle was resolved, but I was charged double what my mechanic would have charged, which is why I am particularly irritated with the labor BS. I also notice on the receipt that my electronic signature was place under statements that I did not see on the card reader.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I had given my vehicle for oils change and tune up in Stamford Firestone Center and after examining Firestone told me it would cost nearly 1000 for fix, the vehicle was repaired and given back to me but on next day it didn’t start and I had tow the vehicle to the center. Still I haven’t heard what is going on. I have to do follow up on my own. It’s very terrible service and frustrating and now they are saying the cylinder is not working. I am really not happy. Don’t know whom to complain on this.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

After bringing my car back to Firestone for the 3rd time for the same thing wheel balancing they did get it right BUT it should have been done right the first time which was back in October and the second time in November, I had to wait for 3 hours, after 2 hours waiting the service guy took my car to the back but only because I was complaining and all he did was move the car to appease me. At about 7:17 my car finally ready, never got a thank you, all I got a, "Do you want your paperwork."

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello, Nancy. We are sorry to hear about the length of time it took to correct your vehicle's tire balancing. We value you as a customer and want to investigate this issues and work to improve this issue. Please send us an email at socialcare@bfrc.com with a link to your review, your contact information, the store's information, and the invoice numbers related to your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. ^Steven

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Do not take your vehicle to a Firestone Service Center if you value your money and don't want to end up with more problems. This is the third time I have given them a try for something simple and the third time I have ended up with more problems shortly after they did the "repair". The repair in this case was to fix a slow leak in a tire (one of a set of four that I bought from them). Not even a year ago, I had a similar problem with another of the 4 tires and they informed me that they could not fix the slow leak but I would have to get another tire. That time after I took it there for that, there were various issues that had not shown before.

Prior to taking the vehicle in, everything was fine except for the slow leak in one of the other 3 tires. In fact, not two months ago, I had the truck fully serviced at another shop (not Firestone) including brakes. Needed to get the tire fixed, so decided to give them another try since I bought the tires there. Once again, they said they could not fix the tire and I would have to buy another one. Went ahead and did that. Within literally 5 minutes and a half mile after driving it off their lot, the ABS warning lite, service StabiliTrak light, and StabiliTrak off warning messages all came on. I turned around and took it back and they said there was nothing they did that should have caused it and wanted me to leave it again with them to look at it. I don't know who they think they're kidding.

The fun continues. A few more days after my most recent "service" visit to this shop and another tire has developed a mysterious slow leak. That would make 3 out of 4 tires that I bought from this shop a few years ago. Salesman at the time talked me into buying the Road Hazard plan. Interestingly, each time a new slow leak has developed, it has been within a week or so of a service visit to this shop in Cary, NC. Also interesting is that the two times I took it back to this shop to get them patched, I was told that "the hole was too close to the wall" and they couldn't be patched, so I would have to buy another tire at the amazing discount of only $100 each since I had the road hazard. The one time I took the car to a different place (not Firestone) they were able to patch the tire. Too many bad coincidences each time with Firestone and this store.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The bank that owns the card (CFNA) is great. No issues. I read the fine print before I hit submit on the application. All these complaints are from some of the most ignorant people. Always read before you sign! Firestone however, is the problem. More expensive than a dealer. Shouldn't even be close in that regard. It seems like they take advantage of you on price. Labor is over the suggested labor times but hey, why penalize me for a job you don't know how to do? The thing I love about CFNA, You can use it anywhere that uses a card that is also provided by CFNA. For example, I used my Firestone card at Monroe Muffler here in Cincinnati. So, I have options which makes it easier. I don't think I can ever go to Firestone for anything other than a oil change.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I would like to speak to someone regarding my grandmother and I experience on Saturday, December 09, 2017. My grandmother initially went to Store 5967 to get a front end alignment however she also needed two tires, an oil change and the state inspection. After $556.00 later the service was complete, so we thought. By Monday afternoon, December 11, 2017, the oil light came on, stating that the oil level was low. Therefore, the car would not start, causing a lot of confusion because we needed to be at event in twenty minutes, and the oil level should have not been an issue since the oil change was performed less than two days ago. I checked the oil and there was very little to no oil in the vehicle.

We called Firestone and they had a tow truck come and get the car leaving us without a vehicle and no cause of what happened. No one called to get us a status of the car, which another sign of poor customer service. I did not think Firestone treated their customers like this. As of December 12, 2017 at 7:02 a.m. I called to check the status of the car with no resolve. The gentleman by the name of Camilo ** states, they were short staffed and could not get to the vehicle, understandable, but that still doesn’t provide me with any knowledge or understanding of why my car didn’t start. At this point, I’m missing work because my vehicle is still not working. I’m frustrated because this is a disservice and this is unacceptable.

I will not be taking my vehicle back to Firestone ever due to the negligence of the technician, which could cause long term damage due to no oil whatsoever being in my vehicle. The employees at Firestone are not being accountable of their lack of detail by not providing the oil and I would like someone to rectify this issue as well as refunding my money for the oil change as well as taking a percentage of the total cost of the service that was provided on December 09, 2017 due to me losing money by not having my vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had to take vehicle to Firestone @ 923 Haywood Rd Greenville SC last week. I was told I had to replace 6 spark plug coils 800 in parts 500 in labor 3 hour job. So I said, "Do the work even though I'm not rich." Well they called back a whole day later saying it could be fixed for 155 dollars extra with not even a 2 week guarantee. So I declined the fix only for my dealer to replace 1 faulty coil for only 100 $.

I'm deaf and I believe in fairness but Firestone has got to do better. I feel defrauded because they were only supposed to be charging me 107 for diagnostic. When I got to counter HE WAS TRYING TO CHARGE DIAGNOSTIC PRICE DOUBLE!!! WHY?? You couldn't fix vehicle but you want 207 $ to tell me you can't really? Spent coins here before but Firestone won't see another penny of mine again in life. FIRESTONE FIX THIS THIS HOLIDAY... This was shady very!!! All FB friends in Greenville know of location. It's my mission now to bring awareness to others about you...

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Firestone 11784 - Went in to get car checked because it was pulling to one side. Bill I believe his name was asked me to leave my car and they would check. A few hours later he called saying car needed control arm and strut installed. Ok nine hundred dollars for the repair, when I get my car back it's making what sounds like a squealing, so I go back and now I'm told it needs a rack and pinion system, cost another 1200 dollars. So I stop at our local dealer that we bought car from and he tells me they had a recall on the control arm and Firestone should have told me because repair from dealership was, FREE.

I then ask about needing a new rack and pinion system for another 1200. JOE the head tech tells me, "No you don't" and Firestone installed to wrong arm. After contacting manager about parts and cost, I am told, "You needed those parts." As far as the recall he said that's my responsibility to know. Well it was such an easy fix. No more Firestone ever again. My car was a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. Stay away from Firestone. Rip off artists.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! After having one of my kid’s vehicles tires all replaced for an early Christmas gift, shortly after leaving her tire pressure lights came on, they told her she had to replace them because they failed considering they were factory. Charged us 170.00 for 2!!! I called the store and told them I will not pay the bill when they never mentioned any of this information prior to replacing the tires. The branch manager said to me "if the battery dies in the car you gonna blame us for that too?" He told me "he wants the new sensors back and he will put back on the ones that no longer work!" I told him the car should come out better not worse after leaving the facility! After all the business I've given them and they couldn't even try to split the cost of something they should be held liable for! Branch manager has no people or customer service skills and with all the social media available today it’s very easy to spread the word of poor service.

Firestone Service Centers response

We are sorry to hear of this disappointing experience that you ad at one of our stores. We would like to hear more of this experience and get you in contact with management for assistance. Please send us an email at socialcare@bfrc.com with your invoice number from this experience, a link to your review, and your contact information so that we may escalate your concerns to management for review. Thank you. ^Steven

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My 2010 Hyundai Accent needed TWO ignition coils changed. These jokers at the Norwood Ohio location charged me $527.84. This job takes less than 15 minutes tops to do. Turns out I could have gotten all four done elsewhere from $333.00-$500.00. Lesson learned never get desperate. Once I pay off my account, I'm closing it after years of this financial abuse.

Firestone Service Centers response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, Tiffany. We understand the pricing concerns you've expressed and we'd be happy to offer additional assistance with this experience. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with further details, invoice number, and contact information so we can do so. We value you as a loyal customer and hope to speak soon! ^Callie

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I had my tires rotated 10 days, 105 miles ago and today noticed a thud thud noise. Brought my '06 Explorer back to the Firestone on Kingsland Dr in West Chester Ohio to discover all 5 lugs on one tire were loose. WOW... Glad I was not on the highway. This is the 4th time lugs have been loose on 3 different cars over the past 1-2 years at the same Firestone. After arguing with the store manager James ** for about 30 min trying to get him to recognize that it could have been the technician error, he insisted it was not the service tech error but due to issues with my car (worn threads, bent spindle, maybe someone tried to steal the tire).

REALLY!!! First of all, all 5 lugs on 1 tire would not become that loose in 105 miles of neighborhood driving. Secondly this was the 4th time this has happened on 3 cars in the past couple years. If he is really that dug in that it was not due to his service techs, I am really concerned about him not taking action to correct the problems in the shop and the future potential danger with future tire rotations. I do not want my tires to fall off. Firestone, you just lost a 20 year customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On 11/21/17, I dropped my van off to have the front end aligned (I have the lifetime alignment which I purchased years ago) at 10 am and was told they weren't real busy so they would have it ready by 2:30 the same day. I called around 2:00 to see if maybe they finished early but was told it might be ready around 4:30. Around 4:00 I received a call stating that the sleeves connecting the tie rods were frozen and they couldn't align it. They stated I needed to replace all tie rod ends and sleeves costing $ 280 dollars. I told them that I would replace everything myself and return it for an alignment. I picked my van up and returned home upon arriving home. I grabbed some tools and proceeded to inspect the tie rods and sleeves of which there was ABSOLUTELY nothing frozen.

I then called Firestone back to make sure I didn't misunderstand what they had said the problem was and lo and behold they now tell me that the nuts on the sleeves were stripped (rounded) out (they tried both a wrench and a socket). I used both a socket and a wrench to loosen the nuts with no problem and the sleeves turned with ease... I believe they were trying to make money off of me because the alignment was free. If I wasn't someone familiar with vehicle repairs (shade tree mechanic) I would of told them to go ahead and fix it costing me around 300 dollars of which nothing needed to be replaced... I am completely dissatisfied and believe someone needs to be fired. I would NOT recommend Firestone to anybody unless of course you don't mind paying for repairs that are not needed... This was my experience with Firestone.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Firestone - Sam Rittenberg (Hwy 7), Charleston SC. 11/11/17- Requested tire rotation, flat repair and alignment. Gave location of nail and stated it was MARKED. They said it was ready in 30 min which I questioned. Was told they had good people working to get the job done. Paid $168 and left. 11/15/17 - Found flat tire! Nail still in the same place AND tire still in the same location. Repair was made, nor was the tire rotation but they happily accepted $168 to do. Same day, they had another tech repair the tire and upon our inspection noted tread coming off the tires - something they'd notice if they did their job the 1st time. Opted to replace all 4 tires and from them (against our better judgment).

Tires installed 11/17/17 before going out of town. Called and told them the car was shaking all over the place. Responses? "Well don't know what that could be" or "sorry to hear that". I asked if they balanced them... "of course, we always do that". They could care less about our safety when they knew we were headed out of town. They don't do what they say they'll do and if you pay them for something; double check before leaving yourself to make sure they're not ripping you off.

We had to leave it as is and got as far as Spartanburg having to stop at Firestone (Blackstock). Explained the situation. They said whoever did the work in Charleston didn't know what they were doing... ALL tires were seriously out of balance; one over 3.5 oz off. They properly balanced the tires and the remainder of our trip rode smoothly. Thankful, not all Firestones have con artists working for them. Thank you Firestone; Blackstock Rd. for doing the job right when the Charleston, Hwy 7 location was unable to.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

So I took my vehicle in for an oil change. Of course, get a call about "what they found wrong". Advised me that front and back brakes and rotors were ALL BAD!!! Radiator hoses were BAD and needed replacing ASAP. I declined these services as I have a very trustworthy person who does all my repairs. Went to AutoZone, picked up brakes and rotors for front and back and took my car over to his house. He LAUGHED!!!! Showed me how much pad WAS STILL ON MY BRAKES, FRONT AND BACK and how to tell if a rotor was bad, well guess what MINE WERE NOT, not even close!!!

Then he checked my radiator hoses, and again NOT A SINGLE CRACK, or even a start to a crack!!! Now, the best part is, he noticed rather quickly that my intake gasket was leaking... HMMM. Ok Firestone you advise me of a ** ton of work that is NOT needed but just so happen to "miss" or "overlook" a HUGE issue like an intake problem? My guess is you were hoping I would blow my motor and bring it there for repair!! WRONG... I WILL NEVER RETURN TO FIRESTONE AGAIN. This is not even the first time this kind of crap has happened. However, it will be the last. For me and my family! Also, called corporate to file complaint, still waiting for a return call 2 weeks later now.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

On 11.14.17 I made an appointment for 11.16.17 at 5:00PM to have my tires I ordered from Tire-Rack installed ON MY FACTORY BMW WHEELS. I showed up promptly at 4:50PM to have my tires installed, upon entering I let “Tommy” know that my wheels have been powder coated to repair scratches recently. He then calls his manager who was not on premises? The manager, John ** tells Tommy NOT to install the tires, because he is afraid of scratching them? Huh? Isn’t this a concern for ALL WHEELS, isn’t this the reason you should hire competent people to perform the job?

Needless to say I was infuriated at this point, Firestone wasted 2 hours of my time for absolutely nothing! I left the tires at Firestone as I COULD NOT HALL THEM AROUND IN MY 330Xi BMW. I promptly called Tire-Rack and told them the situation and I wanted a refund, because of the lack of service Firestone has provided. The rep from Tire Rack told me she would have the tires relocated to Performance Alignment in Tri-County and would call me back when they were there, Firestone should be taking notes here as this is the proper way customer service is performed!

What sad about this is we have had (3) of our cars tires installed here from Tire Rack and never had problem with anything, this manager (John **) has apparently been there less than a year and the crew was not the same crew that installed our other tires. Not only will I not be returning to this Firestone location, I will NOT ever be taking my cars to any Firestone location, as I relayed to Tommy at the sales counter “I wouldn’t let you guys work on my wheel barrel.” *Kudos to Tire Rack for all the help! Firestone failed miserably! John ** the service manager should be flipping hamburgers at McDonalds, no I take that back I don’t want my food screwed either, maybe he could ** at a junkyard?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Purchased a set of tires this summer. Free tire rotation included. Made an appointment for an oil change, system check and tire rotation by calling them directly on 11/10/17, as we were unable to schedule appointment online. We were told that there were no appointments until 11/12/17 Sunday. We made an appointment for 2:00 PM. At 11:15 on the 12th we received a call telling us they did not have time and would reschedule us for Thurs. the 16th. Needless to say we declined and took our car somewhere else that did have time. We will never recommend FIRESTONE to anyone and have no intention of returning ourselves.

Firestone Service Centers response

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, Jack. We are sorry to hear that your recent visit was not satisfactory and want to offer assistance. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with full details, any related invoice numbers, and your full contact information. We value you as a Firestone customer and hope to speak soon!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had 2 sets of Firestone tires. Your best bet is driving on your rims. It's more safe. I would buy Walmart special tires before Firestone. They have cost me 2 pickup bedsides. Get any crap cheap tires before Firestone. Being late for work is better lol. I was changing tires on my way to work twice and if their preventive maintenance shop is the same as there tire quality then heck just blow it up because it's pure crap. I like cheap but not crap. Walmart is 100% better. Hasn't cost me two bedsides so far on pickup trucks. You want good tires spend a little more bfg all terrains.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us the feedback on our products. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Firestone brand tires, and we would like to hear more and offer you our assistance. Please send us an email at socialcare@bfrc.com with your contact information, a link to your review, and any additional details that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon and hope we can keep you as a satisfied customer.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I have had the same car, a Honda 05 Civic repaired twice for two different reasons at Firestone. The first was a belt replacement that was squeaky. Simple enough right? I guess not. They replaced the belt at retail value of course, I was here for convenience not price. And within a week the NEW belt was squeaky again but I was no longer in town so I had to have someone else look at it. Turns out the belt wasn't on tightly at all and the person who replaced it was just negligent to paraphrase the person who tightened it for me. That was like $50 down the drain for no reason. Well I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but I should have just never gone back.

Second story, a year later. I am at the same Firestone, my blower motor for my cabin fan is not working. I go to them again for convenience. They charge me $100 for diagnostics, they come back and tell me the blower motor is bad, thanks genius, and quote me $400 for the repair. So I say no thank you because I know that is way overpriced and I go find someone else. I get the blower motor replaced and the problem comes back in a couple days (sounding similar?). I had the bad luck that when I got the motor replaced for whatever reason it was running again so the mechanics who replaced it had no way of knowing if it was fixed or not. Well turns out the thing that was bad was the transistor.

Firestone had diagnosed BOTH the transistor and blower motor as bad (sounds absurd because when the transistor fails the blower motor CANNOT get hurt, this is literally the job of the transistor) and this is why I got quoted an absurd price. Why they didn't say that in the first place is beyond me, but I am still almost 100% certain only the transistor was bad because if you look up this specific problem online for this make and model, almost every forum result you can find will tell you that its the transistor AND the mechanic who fixed it told me this specific transistor is used in many cars and always has problems. I should have just bought a ohmmeter and checked it myself. Lesson learned. GO WITH MOM AND POP SHOPS EVERY TIME.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

After working with them for three weeks and been pay just they still own me money. They say is not true. At first they don't want to pay me at all. The only good thing is Manager Rudy is good guy. Everything else suck. I hope the money you steal from me help you.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information

www.firestone.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use