Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Service Centers
3.46/5

Firestone Service Centers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

992 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have been using Firestone since I moved to MN 4 years ago. The management and workers have always been great to work with. Although the information isn't always what I wanted to hear about what was needed in my car, that have always been honest with what you needed to have done. They're always friendly and willing to go out of their way. Shout out to the management! I will always use Firestone no matter where in the US I end up because of the example the Rochester, MN shop has set!

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello. We are happy to hear that our Rochester Firestone Complete Auto Care location has been able to provide you with such outstanding service. Thank you for providing us with this feedback, we value you as a loyal customer. We look forward to the services you again. ^SB

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The Service Center in Menomonee Falls, on Appleton Avenue, will be the tire destination I'll shop at for many years. I bought a new, not used, Honda Civic from Schlossmann's Honda City in January of this year. About six months later I started hearing the telltale sounds of an out of round tire. I called the dealer and talked to the manager. He was extremely arrogant and told me flat out, he's not replacing any tires on my car.

I called Honda America and they suggested I call a Firestone dealer. I did, the one at N83W15300 Appleton Avenue, Menomonee Falls, WI. I told a service writer my issue and within a half an hour it was discovered that, yes, I had a tire out of round, within a half an hour from that, I was back on the road with a new tire. Nothing out of my pocket! Awesome Service Center, I highly recommend them! I would stay away from Schlossmann's Honda City! What would've it cost them, about $60 that they would be reimbursed for?

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Firestone, Mike. We happy to hear that we were able to get you back on the road in a timely manner. Thank you for being a valued Firestone customer and we look forward to working with you in the future. Please let us know when to schedule your next maintenance service. ^ML

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I went into the Firestone in Newport, KY on November 17th for an oil change. When my car was ready, I drove it off of the lot. I get only a few miles from Firestone and my car starts smoking, really bad! I took it back to Firestone and I told ** what was going on, he listened to me. They corrected the problem. On this past Sunday, I was driving to church and my "check engine" light went on and it acted as if it was going to cut off! I wasn't happy! I called after church and I spoke with **, he said for me to bring my car in. I took it in, met with ** and with **. I chose to leave my car overnight for them to be able to fix the problem because keep in mind, nothing was wrong with my car before I took it into Firestone for just a simple oil change.

It's Monday and ** calls me. He describes to me what was going on with my car, he was trying to explain to me that what was going on was totally unrelated to the oil change. I was not happy, and I did let ** know this. After ** explained to me in his professional manner, I ask him how much everything would cost. Again, I let ** know that I wasn't happy.

I have been a customer with this particular Firestone for some time now. I had ALWAYS received GREAT service. ** let me know that my car would be ready to pick up after I got off from work. I thanked him, but I still wasn't happy. ** later called me to let me know that my car was ready. I told her that I knew that it would be because ** said that it would. I asked ** what was the total cost so that I would have the exact money to take into the facility, and ** said, "Nothing." I was like, I needed to hear her say that again because I really didn't believe what my ears was hearing! I said, "What did you say?" She said, "Nothing, Iris, you don't owe a thing. We took care of this for you. We appreciate you as our customer." I was shouting within myself, "HALLELUJAH!"

My daughter picked me up from work to take me to Firestone because I had taken the bus into work. When I arrived at Firestone, I saw ** wearing a smile. She took the time to explain to me, "like a doctor" exactly what had happen to my car. ** said that ** said that with good conscience, he really couldn't say for sure if it was something that they had caused, or if it was something that was already there. This was late in the evening and ** and ** took time with me. ** showed me the piece, the object that was taken out of my car and ** let me know that the Chevrolet Sonic's are known for these types of problems.

I will ALWAYS make Firestone my car shop! Firestone in Newport, Kentucky at 61 Carothers Rd. 41071. I will be getting a new car soon, but as soon as my warranty runs out, I will be right back at Firestone in Newport, Kentucky, as long as **, **, **, **, and ** are there. I have been telling all of my associates, family and friends about Firestone in Newport, Kentucky and I will be saying even more, now! I will keep in touch, I will be bringing pizzas, pop and wings to celebrate my new car with them. They are wonderful people and they really didn't have to be as honest and good natured as they are, but they are. I am forever grateful. Love you guys! God bless you all!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Recently I had a very bad experience with the Firestone center in Mansfield, Ohio; and was ready to give up on ever using the company for any services ever again. However; I met Mike, the manager of Firestone in Centerville, Ohio. The man is honest and will do his best to help you. If the company is wrong, he will tell them so. He saw the shoddy work that Mansfield did to my vehicle and he told them so. If you want an honest, fair and real assessment of your vehicle, I would recommend that you see Mike at the Firestone Centerville, Ohio store.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Being a female and not knowing much about the mechanics of cars, I bring it to Firestone because I TRUST the mechanics there. They bring me in, and show me what’s going on. They take the time and describe everything in detail that needs to be done and what doesn’t need to be done till a later time. They aren’t going to nickel and dime me to death like some places. I TRUST and depend on the honesty of the mechanics and the guys who help at the check in. I HIGHLY recommend this Firestone cause all the guys really care. Not sure about the other stores, but the one where I go in Glassboro NJ I can say is 10 stars - thanks to the guys there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I called the day before for PA. Inspection details and the technician was courteous and very informative. I scheduled my inspection for a Tue. night. Arrived at 4:30 pm and the technician started the inspection within 10 mins. The inspection lasted about 1 hr and a half which is the duration I was told prior the the beginning. The service tech was very informative and understanding. The total experience was excellent in all facets of the details performed. I would recommend the Firestone at 13th and Turner St to anyone looking to have their auto serviced.

Robert

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have a great experience consistently with Firestone. They are my go-to company for all my car needs. I consistently receive great attention and courteous treatment. Great comparative prices with their services and reliable work. I highly recommend Firestone for all your car needs and services.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I took my Ford F-150 to Firestone on 07/15/2019 after my truck started rough idling and weak acceleration. The check engine light was also blinking. I dropped it off around 5pm and they called me back on 7/16 at 10:31 AM to ask if I've ever had the spark plugs replaced. I told them no. The employee said he asked me about the spark plugs because the diagnostic code P0304 did not tell them the issue. He suggested that I have the spark plugs replaced. He said the total with labor and an oil change I requested would be around $550. I told him to proceed with the job.

He called me back at 12:06 PM and said the intake manifold was cracked and that spark plug #3 is stripped and can't be replaced. He said that my truck has the rough idle because coolant was coming out of the cracked manifold and going into the spark plugs. He advised that the manifold would have to be ordered and truck would be complete on 7/17. He also advised that my trans cooler is leaking and he demanded to take it to Ford as they can't repair it. I asked him if the trans cooler leak was associated with the issue at hand and he replied "No". He also suggested for them to replace front sway bar. I told him I would get that done when I take my truck to Ford for the trans cooler leak. He gave me a total of $1,900 to change oil, replace spark plugs, and intake manifold with labor. I advised him to proceed.

I was called at 8:12 AM on 7/17 and was told that my truck was ready. I picked it up and everything was fine. On 8/6, my truck started the same exact issue again. I called Firestone at 12:15 PM to advise of the issue. I explained that my diagnosis seemed to be inaccurate. The employee told me that he would tell his manager and he would follow up by calling me. I got off of work at 4:00 PM and had not received a call. I stopped by the location and the young man who assisted me said that he totally forgot to follow up with me. He said his manager told him to set me up for a quality assurance inspection. He expressed that they were pretty much slammed for the next couple of days and that I could drop it back off on 8/8 between 9AM and 11AM. On this date and time, I was unable to drop off my truck because my wife was in a meeting.

I called Firestone and rescheduled the drop off for 8/10 at 1PM. I told the employee that I didn't need it back until Sunday before close. I received a call on Sunday, 8/11 and was told that coil #5 was bad. The gentleman said the total would be $220. I told him to replace the coil. So, I received a second call at 1:13 PM and was told that the coil was replaced and the truck still has the rough idle. He said that the lead technician would be in the next morning on 8/12 and they want him to check if the truck is suffering from low compression.

I waited all day Monday and never received a call. I called the location at 4:09 PM and was placed on hold by three different people (one being the manager). A young lady picked up and said that her manager was unable to talk because he was on a conference call and would call me back. Surprisingly, he returned my call at 4:27 PM to tell me that my truck was touched. He said that he wants the lead technician to look at it, but doesn't know when he'll get the chance because he has 6 other jobs he needs to finish from the weekend. I told him I'll await the follow up.

Today is 8/13. I worked a full day and didn't hear anything from Firestone. I stopped by the location at 4:35 PM and requested the manager. He came out and advised that the truck is suffering low compression and that they will have to remove the cylinder to figure out the problem. He emphasized that the removal is very hard work. I immediately asked for the key to my truck and a refund for the $2000 I wasted. He told me that he couldn't refund me the money, but wouldn't charge me for replacing cylinder 5 (second misdiagnosis). He said that if he were me, he wouldn't drive the truck in that condition. I advised that I can't leave my truck there forever and a day either without receiving follow ups to let me know what's going on.

So here I am now...out of $2000. I noticed that the notes from today's receipt say 'cylinder 5 is now fine' when there wasn't an issue with it. Firestone's final conclusion is cylinder 7 is the bad cylinder with low compression. At this point, I am ready to fight to the end for a refund (at least 50%). I am going to attempt to contact headquarters and if no positive results, legal action it is. This is ridiculous to strong arm rob people by guessing what's wrong with a vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

10 months ago I had Firestone replace my SUV’s power steering hose. When I dropped the car off I was told 3-4 hours. I returned 8 hours after work and the car was in the bay closest to the window of the shop. Parts had been taken off of the top of the engine, right wheel well and underneath the car, the mechanic was working on my car and assisting in another work bay next to mine and the general feeling walking in was stressful from customers and floor service staff alike. I was told that it was taking more time than expected because they had no idea how hard it was going to be to get to the hose.

Long story short the car finally was finished and a short time later I started hearing noises under the car at higher speeds but attributed it to the car's age (my mistake) as I just had it checked at another shop and found out that the rear engine mount bolts had been loosened and never retightened. The car is now back at Firestone to be looked at and I was told that they are taking my word for it (currently) that nobody else worked on the car but needed to look at it before they decided whether charging me to fix it. If just tightening the bolts then no problem but if damage has been done then not sure who will cover it. Probably me? Customers beware!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Tried for days to work with one particular Firestone auto center regarding what I consider a large overcharging of the bill. Was told by corporate they can not assist at all and tried to get the regional manager to talk with me or meet me or accept copies of paperwork and so far have had zero luck. Contacted the store who tells me someone will call someday. Been 9 days so I guess someday could be a year from now. Meanwhile I feel I was ripped off so I can not recommend Firestone as there is no system in place to have any assistance..as they are all independent of each other including the corporate office. Something I did not know and now warn everyone I can about. Was loyal for 12 years with 4 cars. Can not trust them anymore.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information