3.8/5 (727 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

IF 0 STARS WAS AN OPTION, THAT'S WHAT I'D GIVE! On Aug. 25, 2022, we were told we needed to purchase 4 new tires and it was recommended to purchase a lifetime alignment by Rob, the sales representative at the front counter. We agreed and paid $758.69, however, they failed to notify me that the rim was cracked when they put tires on the car. When I took the car back because the tire on the cracked rim kept going flat, I was then notified of the cracked rim and it needed to be replaced. I then got the rim replaced and brought the vehicle back to have the tire they just put on the car replaced. We have been going back and forth since Dec. and they are now failing to replace the 2 rear tires as they are bald. How are 50k mile tires bald in 4 months with only 2k miles on them?

Firestone charged me for 4 "new" tires, yet the rear tires are a different brand, not the brand we purchased. So with that, they charged me for 4 "new" tires, only placed 2 "new" tires on the vehicle and rotated the original tires to the rear, thus why they are bald and now needing replacement. Instead of honoring the purchase, they are refusing and attempting to charge us another $450 for 2 more tires? They then claim an alignment is needed, but didn't acknowledge the lifetime alignment that was purchased on Aug. 25 and paid for Aug. 30? This horrific behavior is known as fraud, theft, fraudulent inducement, violation of DTPA and Consumer laws! I expect this to be rectified IMMEDIATELY!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

If I was able to give zero stars - I would. Don’t trust them anymore. Long time customer of this location, just shy of 20 years. I never really received extremely poor service, most times my husband took car in. This management team does not respect people’s time or concerns. They don’t care if you come back and feel they have cornered the market in auto service. They are taking the Firestone name and dragging it in the mud. They don’t stand by their warranties or word. I purchase four new tires five months before this last incident. Which means everything is under warranty and I purchased extra standard alignment warranty at time of tire purchase. I have been communicating with very nice customer service people in the complaint department over the phone for three weeks and they keep telling me area manager or division manager would call me back. No one has ever called back.

The current scenario: Took four days to fix a tire with a slow leak. Was lied to when I asked about the alignment being completed. Was told alignment was complimentary due to excessive wait. Took vehicle to another location and was given proof work was not done as stated. When I went into location for remedy, I was all but told I was lying. Toby and Tim, both managers, were rude and condescending. Treated me differently than other customers. Told me work would be done in seven days and told person in front of me, work would be completed end of day.

Asked for reimbursement for alignment and balancing and was told by Tim “Why should I have to pay for something you weren’t sure you even needed”. Don’t support this location. Also must mention, those surveys Firestone ALWAYS sends after your recent visit/service . Well, interestingly after three weeks I have not received a survey to tell about my visit. Perhaps they don’t want to hear or perhaps the customer service rankings are already so bad they don’t want to add more complaints. Either way, after 20 years of receiving requests for feedback - I have not received anything!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I took my car in to have my CV Axels replaced and they put in the wrong parts and caused my transmission to go out. I had to have my car towed to the dealership the next day. The dealership immediately called to asked who did my axles. The dealership said the wrong axles were installed which ruined my transmission. Firestone of course tried to blame Auto Zone and the dealership, but it ultimately comes down to the tech who installed my Axels. Firestone gave the wrong VIN for the parts. Firestone finally accepted liability and said they would pay 100% of the repairs. The dealership is trying to get payment but can't get ahold of anyone for payment.

Robert the Firestone claims adjuster is not answering his phone or returning calls. I do rideshare for a living, and I am out 3 weeks of wages because of Firestone's mistake. All I get is I'm sorry but sorry doesn't pay the bills. Please do not take your car to them. It is not worth the risk. My 1st experience with Firestone was an alternator problem but they said it was fine and the next day my car died in the middle of a busy intersection. I had it towed to the dealership, and they said it was my alternator. I gave Firestone a 2nd chance at a different location, and they ruined my transmission. 7900.00 in repairs and now they are giving the dealership the run a round on payment after they agreed to. I am looking into getting legal representation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

Left my car for two days to patch a tire. Tire was patched but low pressure light on dashboard was still on. Had to come back. They fixed that light but then the “check engine soon” light came on. Went back. They said it should go away shortly. Thay light never came on before they “fixed” the other light. Now it won’t pass inspection and they want to charge me $100 for diagnostic for something they broke. Never again will go there, and they are rude.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

The store located 7808 Military Highway simply does anything it can to reject business. Told "first come-first service" and no appointment to check brakes prior to Va inspection. Came first serve at 07:30 (no customers) and was told to leave the car they would "try" by late afternoon. Did not inspect the vehicle until the next morning. Failed the vehicle on "steering" on an imagination state requirement. The steering wheel was not "straight enough" although the Va Inspection manual specifically stated failure is on modification, play, or operation. The manager was flippant and felt he did not have to point out to repair and that I needed to take it to the dealer (really). So there is no mechanical reason for the dealer to correct. Waste of customers valuable time.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Everything that I had to get done I had to get redone from another repair shop and they charge me money that I barely could afford and I had to redo it all over again and I'm paying the credit card high interest rates for stuff I had to get redone and I don't think is fair.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I went online and bought my daughter 4 tires, I added all the bells and whistles so that she wouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket. This is the first time I have used Firestone since we are new to the Raleigh NC area. I spoke with the shop on Monday and she went in on Tuesday to have the tires put on. When they were finished, they told her she owed them 115.00. She paid them then called me because I have done this for her every year for over 10 years and she never has to pay out of pocket.

So I contacted the store for a 2nd time and they told me that the tire I had purchased to be shipped to the store wasn't in stock and that they chose another tire to ship without contacting me. I wasn't notified at time of purchase on 12/09 and we had to wait for install for it to ship. The store upsold the tire, installed it, and then notified us after the work had been completed that there was a 115.00 difference in price. They got us this time but will never get my business again. If I had been told at time of purchase it wasn't in stock or even when the store got the tire in on Monday the 19th that the tire wasn't what was ordered but they intentionally baited and switched... BAD BAD business practice.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

Firestone complete Auto Care at 16556 Bernardo Center Dr. San Diego, CA 92128. This place used to be ExpressTire and got acquired by Firestone. The service is getting worse under Firestone ownership. First of all, they will charge diagnose fee for most of the repair. You have to pay the fee even if they can't fix it. This was one time (6/8/2022), I sent my car for repair of "check engine light", They couldn't fix it and I paid $50. That was a waste of time and money and I had to go to other repair shop to repair and the Firestone's diagnose was useless and Firestone knew that. And I spent time to argue with the service manager, but it got me no nowhere since the manager gave me all kind of reasons not to refund the diagnose charge.

I went there again on 12/10/2022 for replacement of radiator. I called first to get the quote, it quoted as $799. When I went to the service desktop, the manager mentioned they would charge me a diagnose fee and I began to argue with this kind of diagnose fee and saying that if for some reason my car cannot be repaired, can I have the diagnose fee waived? I did not understand his "not so straightforward answer" and later became an argument. Very soon, he told me to go away, he did not want to do business with me. To sum up: do not go to Firestone to do any repair since they may not be able to perform the service you want, and you may lose time and money (diagnose fee) for getting nothing.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I brought my Infinity QX60 into Firestone for 2 new tires and an oil change. Unfortunately the oil change didn't occur and after a few months my oil pump light came on. I brought it to infinity who after research said the oil was sludge and compromised the engine. I had to have it replaced. I filed a claim with Bridgestone and the case manager let me know that the site in Rock Hill, SC did indeed change my oil and since I didn't give them first right to look at the engine they couldn't help me. I told them that when light comes on for something under warranty I bring it to Infinity since it is a newer vehicle. They said they had an invoice showing it was changed but I showed them that the original filter was still in the car which was what the claims person said was changed. The idiot then said that infinity could have said anything to get me to change the engine and they wouldn't cover the cost (Are you kidding me).

Basically this idiot said infinity would just make it up and put a stock filter in to get an engine change. When I told him that he is basically calling Infinity liars he said if I had a problem to send my Lawyer to talk to him. Unbelievable what a piece of crap this guy is. And to top it all off I filed a Better Business Bureau claim against them and the BBB came back and said Bridgestone doesn't take BBB complaints. Then I got a lawyer with experience with Bridgestone and he told me Bridgestone keeps things in courts until consumers quit trying due to the cost of battling them. They would rather piss off consumers and screw them over vs doing what is right I guess. I will never use them again and definitely will ensure nobody I connect with does either. For the 15K they are screwing me over, I guess the best thing I can do is make sure I lose them as much in sales as possible. Plus it puts consumers in a better position working with quality companies.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

My alignment and simple all around check turned into a disaster and honestly it all felt like a scam. I always receive a call of something to have fixed other than what my original visit is. I always decline because as a female I typically have to get 2nd sometimes 3rd opinions because it is very common to be taken advantage of. Tanner contacted me and informed me of my battery going low and a few other things. My total would jump from under $15 to over $500. I selected one of the things on his list to go ahead and fix. When I went to pick up my vehicle, it did not start. As soon as I mentioned it to Tanner he did not seemed surprised and simply asked if I wanted a jump.

Long story short, 2 days later, and after another $300+ (and not through Firestone since I refused any further services,) my car finally worked. I did state that it was very funny that all of a sudden it did not work after I was told that it was low. And per 2 other trusted individuals, I believe my battery was not working on purpose, not due to my maintenance on it. Also, any time someone (not aware who,) looked at my battery at Firestone, it was never put back together properly.

My recommendations for anyone, especially women, stay with your vehicle while they work on it if possible. Verify everything has been done properly and do not trust them. This isn't the first time with this company that I have been suggested additional work on my vehicle. Do your research on better options and most definitely someone who is willing to bet you wrong probably for egotistic purposes. Stay woke!

Firestone Complete Auto Care author review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Company Information