Firestone Service Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is a review of Firestone located at: 8660 E Arapahoe Rd Englewood, CO 80112-1403. I have several cars. I bought all my tires from the same Firestone store. I also purchased additional services such as road hazard warranty and lifetime tire rotation and wheel alignment from the same store. I routinely take my cars to rotate tires and check and do the alignment if needed. They told me that they could not do the alignment of two of my cars. One Windstar and the other is Camry which has less than 26K miles.

Firestone told me that I must replace the inner and outer tie rods which is a total of close to $1000. I took the ford to the ford dealer and I took the Camry to the Toyota dealer. Both dealers told me nothing is wrong with the cars and "we can do the alignment for you if you wish." I went back to Firestone and told them what the dealers told me and gave them the written diagnostics the dealer performed and documented in writing. Firestone still insisted that it cannot be done. I chatted with firestone corporate and will see what happens. They gave me reference number for the file for the Windstar is **. The reference number for the Toyota is going to be **. The service manager is nice but so far, I have lost confidence of them. This is rip off.

On 11/23/16 I took my 2007 Nissan Versa in for tires and alignment. On 12/26/16, when in a parking lot, my ball joint and axle broke. I had to have it towed to my regular mechanic, with over 30 years experience (but is more expensive with tires only), who found a couple of other issues that prove it would have been impossible for the alignment to have been done and it would have been impossible for them not to have seen the issue with my lower ball joints and bent strut. Through this fraud and negligence they put my life in serious danger. Contacting a lawyer.

Car was sputtering and dying. Took to Firestone. Ran diagnostics. Ended up spending $1800 on a catalytic converter... Got my car back. Still sputtering and dying. Had another mechanic at another Firestone check it out... said my oil was very dirty and very low. For some reason my change oil reading was not coming on so I didn't realize this might be a problem... added oil and problem was solved. He said it was standard procedure when you bring a car in to Firestone they check the oil. I went back to the Firestone that "fixed" my truck and asked him how they could missed this, but he pretty much had no answer... And they screwed me two days before Christmas. I would hope they are just incompetent and not evil.

In shopping for the best price on oil changes, I found that Firestone was promoting a $15 rebate. I took TWO vehicles in for the change (not in violation of the rebate terms), obtained the rebate form at the close of the transaction and sent them in with the required original receipt provided by the Service Center at the close of each transaction. I received two post cards, presumably one for each transaction that stated that my submission would not be honored because I did not submit the required "original receipt." When I went back to Firestone, I was told that what they had given me were the "original receipts." Phone calls to the rebate center put me in endless phone menu loops and I was never able to speak with a person.

All in all, a very time consuming and frustrating experience. The takeaway... Don't shop Firestone based on a rebate. You will never receive your rebate and will spend inordinate time and experience extreme frustration in pursuing it. Essentially Firestone "baited" me to make a purchase stating that it would cost "X" and when it came time to pay, the price had increased by approximately %30! To add insult to injury, I was able to contact Firestone corporate (not anyone actually dealing with rebates). The representative seemed very sympathetic, agreed that it sounded to be very fraudulent and promised that I would receive a phone call "within 24 hrs." Of course no one ever called. So much for Harvey Firestone's credo of fair dealing posted in the Service Center waiting room.

I took my 2003 Grand Prix in for an oil change at the Firestone in Mesa, Arizona, they told me that the plugs and wires needed to be replaced. I informed them that it had been less than two years since I had that done, and suddenly it was OK, but the number 6 plug wire broke when they did a check of the plugs and wires. I was told they replaced it for free since the tune up was less than two years old. I found out today that they did not replace that broken wire. There were 2600 misfires on number 6 cylinder in the computer memory. How can you run a business like this? Screwing customers over for a few dollars when the customer is a 4 year customer with 5 cars going there for tires and oil changes! Seems stupid to do that and risk losing the customer for life!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

On Friday, December 9, I rolled into the Firestone dealership in Wheaton, IL, at 2:35 p.m. with a flat tire. Had to wait 5 HOURS to get it fixed. Left at 7:30 p.m. I thought they worked on Tires??? 5 HOURS.

BEWARE: Shop manager Todd is very arrogant. It's as if he feels he is doing you a favor. We came in to have the brake fluid and rotors replaced on my wife's car when we were told we needed 4 tires. Since this Firestone passed the car for inspection 2 months prior we spoke to Todd about it prior to purchasing the tires. When we asked Todd he said that when they fail cars for bad tires on inspections it raises red flags with the state. So my response was "it's either a safety issue or it's not. Why would you be dishonest because of what the state might think?" The guy had the nerve to say to my wife with me standing there "If you were my wife I'd make sure your tires weren't bald." I had to pray to myself and think of my family, freedom, and job to keep me from acting ignorant. So when we looked at the tires the outer tread was fine. It was the inner tread that was worn, but not "bald".

So I asked him if he was married and he said he was and he takes care of his wife's car. Then I told him "but you're a mechanic". I said this because I wanted to see if this guy had any idea he just insulted a customer, but his arrogance may have blocked that feeling. We will not patronize FIRESTONE, Hampton VA again. I was on the fence about writing you guys but I realize this guy does not appreciate his position.

INCOMPETENT AND LAZY, brought my 99 Blazer to these people 2 months ago because the 4WD wasn't working, they kept my truck for 3 DAYS!!! Replaced a $400 part and gave it back to me saying it was fixed. 2 months later it snows. I try to get into 4WD, it doesn't work. These people just sold me some part I didn't need. Kept my truck for way too long (LAZY) and didn't even check to see if they actually fixed the 4WD (INCOMPETENT).

So I call a week ahead to get an appointment to have it looked at again, today I dropped off my truck at 10am at which point I told them I needed it back by their closing time 5pm, and they said they would get it in and look at it quickly. I call them at 2:00 pm they haven't even looked at it (LAZY), I drive to the shop at 3:00 pm and it is still in the parking lot (LAZY). I go in and tell them I want my car back, where I asked them WTF is the point of getting a 10am appointment if they won't look at it for 5 hours?

Where the receptionist tells me that it was just about to be pulled in (**) and that it would have gotten fixed by 5 pm (**), she tried to tell me that they could diagnose and fix a problem in 2 hours that they couldn't figure out in 3 DAYS, 2 months before (INCOMPETENT). Then when I have made my displeasure known the receptionist suggest that I might have "done something" to the truck so it wouldn't work. If I did my job half as bad as these people I wouldn't have one.

I have gone to Firestone for years for alignments and inspections. Little to no issues have ever happened, until recently I had a flat repair done at the Banksville store in Pittsburgh. I normally don't let them touch my tires as I have them done elsewhere but I couldn't drive far so I choose them. In the process they have damaged two rims on my car. I drive a 2013 Dodge Challenger and the rims are not cheap, because the tech wasn't paying attention or was not properly taught, he cracked the face of two rims which have a plastic chrome on them, these are not wheel covers, but rather considered chrome clad rims.

I had brought this up with Jeff the store manager, and he acknowledged that it happened and had talked to the tech about it. He also has promised to replace them. That was three months ago, each time I attempt to get ahold of him to try to resolve this it fails. He's either busy, or forgot, or something happened and he again promises to get them. This has been three months of this and I finally resorted to go and complain to the company. This hasn't been the only angering thing about the situation. I found out recently by the dealership that certain things need to be reset on newer cars when an alignment is completed. If they are not issues arise with the cars safety system. I have a lifetime alignment with them, and they do not know how or even possess the tools to reset these systems. They are vital to the car's operation. I now have to let the dealership fix my car to correct this and cannot believe the "ASE" techs they are suppose to have would do this.

I can't speak for every situation, or car, or person at firestone, I have seen good techs who's knowledge of cars is excellent. However this issue over a simple flat repair has gone too far and now they have lost myself, and my family who trusted Firestone to work on our vehicles. I want things done right when it comes to my car, I understand mistakes happen but this has proven to me that you get what you pay for. I will never return to Firestone for another repair, I don't make a lot of money, but I'd rather spend my hard earned money on service that gets done right the first time, and by techs who know my car!

This location did not pass health inspection and was interviewed by channel WSB TV in 2016. I have gotten into arguments with a drive-thru employee who is horrible to customers. She told me in order to use 2 coupons that I had to drive thru a second time. Why not ring it on separate orders? These coupons should have been valid. I called corporate office twice this year for two reasons. The first was they had a broken frappe machine this summer for 7 weeks. It was fixed the next day after the complaint. The second was that they did not honor a coupon this past week making me pay full price. I use this location daily for coffee and frappes. It is one mile from my house and I will drive 6 miles to go to another location... or perhaps another restaurant name altogether. I do not go inside this restaurant for any reason and am actually afraid to. I do know they scored a low grade for cleanliness which is on the channel 2 site. Be careful.

Today I went to Firestone for an oil change and was read a list of recommended repairs. The girl that read the list said I had an axle boot ripped open. When I asked to see the boot, I found that there was nothing wrong with it at all. The boot was simply seeping grease as is expected on my 2004 Pilot. I called the manager to the front and explained how I was lied to and taken advantage of by his employees.

After investigating further, the mechanic admitted he had misrepresented the severity of the boot damage and apologized. The girl in the front of the store never apologized for exaggerating an already exaggerated lie. The manager in the store at the time apologized and said it was a mistake. It wasn't a mistake. It was intentional and they got caught in a lie. What they did is unethical, illegal, and criminal. I will be calling the store manager tomorrow to tell him about this issue but I will also be leaving reviews concerning my experience. I've worked with them for 8 years. What else have they recommended that wasn't necessary??? Beware of the Firestone Auto Center in Smyrna off Sam Ridley!!

On Nov 30 my daughter took my car to Firestone in Roanoke Rapids, NC in order to have a new tire put on and an alignment, as it had failed inspection for the tire the day before. She figured she'd just have the inspection done there to make it easier. When the tire and alignment were done, the tech came out and said it would not pass inspection because the car needed a new serpentine belt.

First off, this isn't even part of the inspection process. Secondly, the car had been inspected the day before and the ONLY thing wrong was the front tire. He then told her he could replace it and it would be $120! She called me distraught. I told her absolutely not to have it done. This was an obvious attempt to get more money for a service that wasn't needed. She told him no, this isn't in the budget so he took it down to $80. Still a no. So because he'd already stated it wouldn't pass, failed the car for steering! Took it first thing this morning to a certified inspection station and the guy who works on our cars. He checked the belt, it's FINE. Car passed with no problems. I think because she was a young female she was targeted, and this was an obvious case of fraud. I'll never take another vehicle to Firestone again.

I called Firestone to make an appointment to get new tires put on. They gave me a great quote so I figured why not? I told them I would be waiting there until my car was done, which I was told a 2 hour wait. On the day of my appointment I called to verify the time. When I called, I was told that I did not show up for my appointment last week and that they called multiple times to see if I was coming. I told them that I never got a call or voice-mail from anyone at Firestone, which he then seemed to skip over and asked when I wanted to come in. I told them today since this is the day I originally made my appointment for. I then get told that I cannot wait for my car to be done and that I would have to drop it off. I said "what time will you be done. I can't drop the car off." They said hopefully sometime before 5. Overall the attitude and rudeness that I experienced has been such a headache that I will not be going there for tires or oil changes again.

Complain about one of the service advisors Clayton. I came to the store this afternoon this evening about my tire leaking air. I did not have my receipt with me when I had purchased the tires. They began searching on the computer for the information couldn't find it. That was okay but he started raising his voice telling me that he did not sell any of those tires. I have been in that store on several occasions. Even have had experience with him. He was totally disrespectful and that he'd never sold any of those tires but one in the last five or six month. I called him back after finding my receipt. I'm not sure what the issue was but I am so hurt disappointed at the service I received. I don't know what he was showing off because youth lady behind the counter with little poodle. I will no longer be going to Firestone for any of your services.

I needed brakes for my 2007 Avalon Limited. Firestone had done my front brakes so I just returned to them to have the back brakes done. What I find very disappointing is that just had my brakes done in April of this year and had to have not only my back brakes redone but my front brakes as well. I can kind of understand wanting an upsale, but they tried to sell me new tires and I just purchased the tires the year before, then my battery was no good. I had questioned them that since they had replaced my brakes they make noise all the time, it was nothing that they did. It was because my car had ceramic breaks. It is strange that after just getting home and putting my car in reverse there is no noise which I was assured that the noise was because my brakes were ceramic.

I think something needs to be done about the quality of work that is done there. Training needs to take place or they need to be fined. If you go back and read in complaints I am not the only one that has had problems with Firestone. Word of mouth is the best advertisement any business can have. I cannot recommend Firestone to anyone for any reason.

Went to get a tire plugged that was going flat. I was told that they were too busy and put air in the tire and was told to come back later. I went back the next day and again was told, "too busy, make an appointment". Went home and called to make an appointment to get my flat tire plugged and I was told that I would have to drop the car off for the day and that they would plug the tire if they had time. Sorry excuse for a tire store. I will never ever return to a Firestone again.

Made an appointment for a state inspection. Didn't seem to matter since I still waited an hour to complete a ten minute job. Was told that the ball joints were okay but it needed a front wheel bearing. I returned to my garage and completed the job over the next few weeks. Returned 30 days later and again made an appointment but still waited an hour. It was beyond the grace period so had to pay again and wait for them to go over it again. This time was told that both front ball joints were bad despite having only driven it 17 miles since the last inspection. Mechanics were either incompetent and fraudulent. Will be contacting the corporate office and the Missouri State Highway Patrol to file complaint and may proceed with claim against company.

I was trying to get the small town feel. I had tires I had purchased online delivered to the Ridgmar Mall location in Fort Worth Tx. I went to have them installed after calling and talking to a real nice man named Darrell. I get to the location he is not in and I dealt with a woman named Lisa and a guy named Randall. They tried to tell me all my lug bolts were bad. Granted I bought a used car and some broke one of the bolts off. They quoted 121.00 for that. I opted out and told them to replace the tires only. "We can replace those ourselves for 6.79 a bolt." I understand labor but really. So we leave to let them work on the car and they call about 15 minutes later and tell me all the bolts and lugs were bad.

Randall said he would have to extract the tires. I was like no. It was going to be almost close to 700.00 by the time they extracted my tires no. I say always get a second opinion. I took my car to a local shop been in business for 28 years. 88.00 dollars later tires changed and the bolt is replaced as well. Don't trust big corporations with your money. It is a scam. I may have been born at night but not last night. I felt like they were just trying to get money out of me and saw a sucker. I would have in the past just let them do it but I have learned over the years. If they are pointing out issues they are trying to scam you. Thank you Garcia's Tire in Azle Tx for being honest and reputable and not taking advantage of another human being. Way to go small business.

I took my 2016 sports car in for the 1st oil change to my local Firestone (being as I have an account, and had good service on my other cars). I was getting my car ready for my Daughters homecoming parade which my car was entered. Mins after dropping my car off I got a call saying "please come back to shop!" Once I arrived I noticed a DENT in my bumper. They said that some other customer had hit my car, but they will fix it. The local shop put in a claim to corporate Firestone, and told me someone would contact me 3-5 business days. IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK, AND YET A WORD FROM THE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT! I've called corporate twice only to get the response "someone will contact you". I've missed my Daughters parade due to damage, and Firestone has just LOST a longtime customer!!!

What a shame. Firestone located at Arbor Place Blvd, Douglasville GA has taken care of my 2011 KIA since I bought it. Had oil changed in June, unknown to me they left it 3 quarts low when they gave it back and blew the engine. The car is sitting and has been sitting at the KIA dealership for a month now. Firestone just emailed me that they were not paying for an engine replacement. There is no accountability for this company. No ownership from the company. Didn't even go and review the car... KIA dealership says yep - burnt up oil caused a burnt engine. Luckily I have an awesome insurance company that says they will take care of me and go to Firestone themselves. Shame that a big company like Firestone feels like they basically can treat the little man with no respect.

I went into Firestone for an oil change. I was asked if I wanted the free inspection and I agreed. After an hour and 20 minutes the young lady working told me that I need new tires and a alignment. I stated that I just purchased the car and everything is running just fine. I only live around the corner from Firestone so the next morning as I was driving to work the car started pulling to the right. I called them on my break and told them what was going on.

The manager Dave told me all they did was an oil change and they couldn't have done anything to it. I told him I know how an oil change goes and when I brought it in I didn't have any problems so how could it be pulling when it wasn't doing that when I brought it in? They didn't do anything but test drove it and said it was pulling but I needed new tires and a alignment. I should be able to take my car in for an oil change without being worried if they tamper with my car. Just said I don't have any and I do mean any extra money for repairs. Something needs to be done. Needless to say I will never in my life go back to Firestone in Nora in Indianapolis, Indiana. Sara was the young lady and Eddie did the work. It's going to come back on you guys 10 x 4.

I went to Firestone in Birmingham Al to have Tires Balanced and Rotated and Oil Change. When service was suppose to be completed Manager told me that my balance and rotation was free and only charged me for the Oil Change. So I asked him and he stated that my car was fine and I was good to go. I explain to him I was my way out of town and I away get my tires rotated and balance and oil change before I go. He gave me a receipt and I trust that everything was okay. Once I got on the road I was at a 50 mile on the highway and my tires on the front end started vibrating once I got up to a certain speed. So slow down and continued my trip in fear all the way. Once I turned home I was praying all the way that God will help me make it back.

I took the car back and asked them to check my front end tire. They were vibrating and I was told the tire rods needed to be replaced, so I told them my car was not doing any of that when I came to get my tires rotated and balance. I had no vibration or anything like that before I took my car into them. One of the tech's that looked my car say my tires were never balanced. They had just be rotated and he got really smart with me and said "well how many miles do you have on this car anyway?" I guess that was to say "your car is old anyway."

I kept explaining there was nothing wrong with my car until I let them work on it. I went by twice and no one would help me. I am fearful to go back to them and want everyone else to know that damaged my car and wanted $400 to fix it. There was nothing wrong with my car until I went to them. This Firestone is located on Oporto Madrid Blvd in Birmingham, Al. These are some awful people. Please Let me know if there is anything I can do about this.

I have made several visits to the Firestone on 5034 Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083 for regular oil changes, as well as some concerns that my car was running loudly. Each time I was told I would be fine. In July, I was told by ** that I had a hole in my exhaust but I would be ok as long as I could live with the loud noise. So I asked him if it was anything major and he said no, nothing to worry about until time for me to get my emissions done May 2017 because it would not pass with the loud noise. I said "are you sure", and he said "yes you are fine". On September 29, 2016 I went in for a regular oil change, new tires and lifetime alignment. I had concerns regarding the loud noise and I told ** that my steering wheel was sticking when I'm driving and I wanted to make sure it would not interfere with my wheel alignment. He said he would have the guys check it out for me.

My disappointment came when I arrived at 11:30 that morning and there was only two other people there. Around 1 pm another gentleman came in for the same services I was getting except they had to order his tires. However he was out of there by 2:30 pm and I was still waiting. I then addressed ** and told him I was not pleased with the fact that I had been there over 3 hours and this guy came in and was out in less than 2 hours. He blamed it on the techs and said it was according to which tech took the ticket. I told him that was unacceptable. I felt like I was discriminated against being...I was a female and I was overlooked. He kept saying that was not the issue and I yet disagree. Although he gave me a small discount for the wait, that service was unacceptable and should not ever happen.

Around 3:50 my vehicle was finally complete and he told me they didn't see anything wrong with my steering and that the hole in my exhaust is nothing major but would just be annoying because of the loudness. He advised me to go to a muffler shop if I wanted to get rid of the noise. Because I have no income as long as he assured me there was nothing major wrong and it was just loud noise, I could live with that. I drove off and the next morning while I was driving, the steering wheel begin to stick again. I called him immediately and he said I would need to come in and have a tech ride in the car with me. I told him I had asked them to test drive it when it was there to check and I thought that's what they had done in order to tell me they didn't find anything wrong. He told me they were too busy to test drive it. So how could they say nothing was wrong if it was never tested?

Well on October 8, 2016, early morning I was driving and lo and behold my muffler fell off in the front. How did they not see that coming after all the inspections they did over the past few months. So May, I was good. July, I was good. September, I was good but ten days later my muffler fall off, that's not good. I was told that I could have hydroplaned and flipped my vehicle had I been driving any faster than the 30 mph. No I have to get that repaired when it could have been avoided had they properly inspected my vehicle. They charge a lot of money to scam you out of repairs that don't need to be done instead of the repairs that actually needed to be done. I think this repair should be on Firestone, no charge.

Firestone is the worst auto repair shop I have ever been to. This one I am talking about is in Phoenix Arizona. I took my car there to have four new tires put on and an alignment and was talked into a couple of other things. I spent like three hours there and over seven hundred dollars only to drive away and find out the Mechanic who worked on my car broke a part for my air ride suspension. It was a part that detects how much weight is in the vehicle then automatically adjusts the height of the vehicle. Well with this part broke my car sat up as high as it could because it was detected that there was a lot of weight in the vehicle when actually there was not. The Mechanic that worked on my car had to know this part was broken because it hangs down under the vehicle you can even see it from behind the vehicle while driving behind it and it was sitting unusually high when it left the store.

When I went back with the problem which was that same night they took it in and looked at it and admitted the Mechanic broke the part during the time he was raising my vehicle as he was supposed to disconnect that bar. The guy that worked the counter said he would pay to repair it himself out of his own pocket even if he had to go to a junkyard and pull it himself. Oh and not to mention the part that is broke is retired and no longer being made so it is not possible to find it they stopped making them a long time ago. I had talked to the Manager and that got me nowhere. I have even filed a claim with Firestone but nothing has been done or heard about it. Now I understand this part is discontinued BUT something needs to be done and there is something they can do but they refuse to do it. They can convert my rear suspension over. Now the time has come for me to contact an Attorney and file a claim against them. This is not over yet.

My car's transmission blew. We coasted into Firestone on Carlisle and Menaul in Albuquerque. A young lady was behind the desk, (Cassiday) she informed me they could do a test to make sure it was the transmission. I told her we have an appointment at ABQ health partners, my Father who is 82 just had hip surgery and is having difficulty walking. She was very gracious and helped me get the Uber app. I could not access an account with Uber. She then offered to take us.

When we returned, we were not charged for the tests. I tried to take my car to a transmission shop down the road, it completely went out. We were stuck on a busy street. To my dismay a driver for Firestone was passing and stopped, called a tow and gave us a ride to the transmission shop. These great employees should be recognized for going beyond their job duties. I cannot express our gratitude. It is not everyday you encounter such great customer service and kind people.

Our car was checked here because it would not start. They charged us $25.99 to check the battery. They called and said battery checked fine. When arrived to pick it up, it would not start. The Firestone guy boosted the vehicle and stated, "That's weird". Took it to another place, who does not charge to check batteries (as most places do not). It failed the test. Big surprise. Battery replaced same day for $52.00 less than Firestone's price and a 6 year warranty compared to Firestone's 5 year. Plus, no fee to install. We have not had any trouble starting this vehicle since then.

Looked closely at the Firestone battery test later and it read: 'Your battery performance has started to decline and may fail to start. Consider replacing before it's exposed to extreme temperatures'. I had to call and argue with the Firestone guy to finally get a refund. Funny thing is... They don't even keep our vehicle's battery in stock. I verified this by calling two other Firestone locations. It's special order only. Only go here if you break down in their parking lot and you don't have roadside assistance.

In all my years in car repairing never been so ripped off than now, did all my repairs myself but older now can't do them myself, did many radiator jobs in my life. Not a big thing anyway. Last May the radiator went on my van, took it to Firestone and they quoted me at 566.00, since I knew this was overpaying but I had a charge with them I agreed. 14 months later it's leaking badly, went back and was told it was only guaranteed for 12 months, really. I check all the local auto shops and was told the radiator would cost 129.00 and was a lifetime guarantee, when I told them they did not know what to say. Nowhere in my paperwork did it say 12 months, they agreed to put the radiator in free but I had to pay the labor. This radiator job between the two repairs cost me 560.00 in labor repair. Bull, never again, gonna file a complaint with the BBB, and contact corporate, beware!

I took my car into Firestone yesterday for service. My power steering had gone out and I needed an oil change and new tires. I had gone on the website and found tires for my car for $48 per tire and made an appointment to have the work done and tires installed. I was at the store at 7am when it opened to drop off my car because I had to work. At first I was told that the cheapest tire they had for my car was $66 per tire. I had to show him the exact tire I wanted on my phone to get the cheaper tire. Once that was resolved, I explained the issue I was having with my power steering and was told I would receive a call once the problem was found. At 1:30 that afternoon, I still hadn't heard anything so I called and was told "let me call you back in 10 minutes."

45 minutes later, I got a call saying that the problem was my power steering pump. He said that the part was $169 but the labor would be $270. When I questioned why it was so much for labor, he told me it would take about 2.5 hours of work. I hesitantly agreed and was told it would be done by 6. It was. I picked up my car and drove it home, only a few miles from the store location. The next morning, I started my car to go to work and it was making a squealing sound. As I backed out of my garage and started down my street, it got louder. In fact, it was loudest when I was accelerating. When I braked or was at a stop, the squealing was quieter. I'm no mechanic, but I could tell the sound was coming from under my hood. It was obvious. Also, when I would accelerate from a stop, about half the time, the "BRAKE" light on my dashboard would come on.

Since I had no problems with this happening before I took my car to them the previous day, I called the store as soon as it opened and explained what was happening. They told me to bring it in and they would look at it. So when I got off of work, I went and got my kids and we went to Firestone. I explained again what was happening, gave them my keys and sat down with my 1 year old son and 6 year old daughter to wait. An hour went by before they even moved my car from the original parking spot.

After 30 more minutes, the mechanic came to tell me that I needed new wheel bearings and brakes which would cost almost $900. I couldn't believe it. I asked him why the sound was coming from under my hood if it was a brake problem. He told me that brake noise can sound like that sometimes. What??? So then I asked him why my car was all of a sudden having these problems? The sound and the light had not been happening until I brought my car into them. I said "That seemed like a pretty big coincidence." He insisted that it must be just a big coincidence. He suggested that if the almost $900 was too much money, maybe I could just do one side and come back later for the other side. At this point I was furious. Here this guy was telling me that I was imagining that the noise was coming from under my hood and that it just so happened that all these problems happened the day after they worked on my car.

I told him there was no way I was paying the that much money. His final solution was to have his manager call me in the morning to see if he could give me some sort of discount. I truly feel like they took advantage of the fact that I'm a woman and I have little to no knowledge about cars. They overcharged me for labor to install the power steering pump, then broke my car while they were in there. Now I have to take my car to somewhere else and pay who knows how much to fix the damage. Please beware of Firestone especially if you're a woman. They will mess something up just to get you to pay more money to fix it. Never again.

I have many over many years I will continue buying tires there because I believe for the most part they do have some of the best tires being sold. I also am a Firestone employee and get a very good discount on tires. Which makes my treatment by the Auto Care Centers feel so much worst I would think they would treat fellow teammates better.

I will start with my most recent problem I have had with them. I purchased a set of 4 tire for a car. Less than a week later the tire was flat. I aired it up again and sprayed it down with soapy water. It was leaking air around the bead so I'm thinking it must be a narrow bead or lack of tie into the inner liner. I took it into the shop without even looking at the tire. They told me it was my rim that was bad. I assured them that my rim was fine and they should look at the tire for the problem. This lead to a very heated discussion ending with me telling them I wanted to see this rim that was so bad it would not hold air. An hour and a half later they brought my tire back out, told me it was a rusty rim. They repaired it and that the tire would hold air for a while. The rim was so bad that it would not ever hold air long term.

At that point I am very upset they never showed me the bad rim. I get home and notice the bead sealer oozing out. I have seen a lot of bead sealer used and never seen it oozing that long after. Two weeks later the tire is flat again. So I take it to another shop. I explain everything that happened. He comes out and says, "Yep, aluminum oxide is the problem" (at least this guy uses proper term for it). He also continues to tell me that the rim was never repaired, basically that means using a wire wheel and cleaning it off. He says, "Don't worry. We fixed it for you this time, but it will not hold air long term". That's two tire repairs I paid for this tire.

So about a month goes by and it's low again. So I say maybe it's time for another rim. I find one at a junkyard and they say they can install the tire also. When he pulled the tire off the rim he is like, "I'm sorry but there is nothing wrong with this rim and it has NEVER been touched by a wire wheel". He shows me the rim and I can clearly see that it was never ever repaired as I was told TWICE. I tell him I need to find out if it is the tire or not, so go ahead and sell me the rim you have. Again a month later tire is low. I tell my son because he is the one driving the car back and forth to college he is just going to have to keep an eye on it. Less than 10k miles and the tire is shot partly due to him not checking the tire like he should have but he shouldn't have had to check it that often anyways. I purchased another tire and had it installed on the original rim. 2 months later and it is still fully inflated. Yes, I checked the rim was never supposed to hold air.

I have had two tires many years apart that developed bulges in the sidewall both times less than two weeks after having them installed. I take them in and say I believe that an open splice is problem with the tire. They tell me that no I hit the curb and it is an impact damage that caused it and that I should have purchased road hazard. Both times they were heavy duty truck tires.

I ask if these were the same tires they sell to construction companies. Yes they buy lots of these tires so I comment if they are that fragile. How do the tires hold up under the conditions they drive them in? I only had the tires for two weeks and drove on paved highways and city streets. Also why would it be long linear bulge that follows the direction of the radial fabric used as body ply? I challenged both to cut the tire because that is the only way to tell if my assumption was correct and it would be obvious if I was right. The first manager conceded that he would replace the tire this one time. The other manager absolutely refused.

I had taken a car in for a realignment one time after I changed ball joints and brakes. The guy at the desk comes out and tells me my brakes are bad and need replaced. I inform him I don't think so because I just did them myself two day ago. Oh we were just going by the mileage on the vehicle. I find that very hard to believe.

I was very busy and had a coupon for an oil change so I took my car in for an oil change. The very nice lady behind the counter came carrying in an air filter that was extremely dirty. She sits down with a concerned look on her face and say, "Troy, this is your air filter. It needs to be changed". Now I worked as a mechanic in the military and have always done maintenance and repairs to my vehicles. Because of a very expensive air filter bought at a Ford dealership after my wife was getting warranty work on a vehicle that had just been replaced I started writing my name and date on the air filters. The filter this concerned lady was showing me did not have my name or date on it. So I explain that I didn't think that this was my filter and we should both check my car together.

When I get out there they DID NOT even have the air filter box popped open on my car. When I opened it I showed her my nearly new air filter with my name and date clearly written in black marker on the orange seal of the Fram filter I installed less than 2 months before. She quickly says, "Oh, I'm sorry. This is off the car next to yours." Not even the same make or model as my car.

I was busy again so I asked my son to take the car to the care center and have the oil changed with a coupon I had again. When I got off work I checked the oil as I always do when someone else has changed it because of a dealer that grossly overfilled and blew my head gasket. I noticed that the oil fill cap on the valve cover was missing. I called them and asked if they would happen to have it setting around the shop somewhere nope. The tech did remember it having one when we dropped it off but it was impossible that they were responsible for it being missing. I was the only one that opened the hood since the tech closed it less than four hours earlier. They would however sell me one for $20. One from an auto parts store was only 5-6 dollars.

I am well aware that nearly all the service centers operate this way. It's a sales-based industry and one where most customers are ignorant about how their cars operate. Which makes it very easy to take advantage of that ignorance. If I have any more tires that I believe are factory defects regardless of where I purchase them I will be taking them to small claims and posting more reviews based on what happens. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

I don't know where to begin with my frustration with Firestone at 1558 South Wabash, Chicago, IL. I struggle with writing this letter because I have nothing good to say. First, my husband contacted the company to see if we could bring my car in for inspection as we believed my battery was useless. This we explained before even walking in the door. We were told that we could bring the vehicle in as there was no wait; this was exciting as I was already late for work. When we got there, we were asked if we wanted to wait or be called be 10:30 with the results. We informed them we would leave the car and await the call, by 10:30. There was no call! I waited to around 11 and called myself to see what the finds were and was placed on hold and no one returned for about 10 minutes, so I hung up. Hoping that once they realized I had hung up, I would be called back but that did not happen.

So, I called back around 11 and spoke with a technician that told me that it was in fact my battery and the cost would be $188.00. I asked what this price included and was told the cost of the battery was $124 and the fee for the electrical battery test was $24.99 then taxes and fees. I wasn't happy so I indicated that I never asked for the electrical battery test, so he waived the fee. I agreed to have the battery changed out and stated I would be there to pick up the vehicle after 5. This is when the mess goes even further! I went onto Firestone's Website to see the difference in batteries and their prices. In order to do this, you have to enter the make/model, year and engine size. So I did! Only one battery came up for my size vehicle and the price was $99.99 and $14.99 to install. So I called back and spoke with a rep in relation to the quote found on their site.

He told me that the battery didn't fit my car. Again, wait what? I entered all the information that was required on the Firestone's site to provide the quote and only one battery came up that fit my car, so are you telling me that your site is incorrect? This guy went on and on trying to convince me, later to say they didn't have the battery and to bring in the quote and they would price adjust. That didn't happen! The same gentlemen indicated that the quote in which I had was not the correct battery. I asked why tell me to bring the quote if it wasn't going to be honored. He stated that he wanted to see the quote. I was so upset, I asked for my keys and left. My husband looked at the battery and saw that it was the same exact battery that was installed in my car, so he went back. He asked and was told that it was a difference in the battery.

The rep stated that the battery that was installed in my car was the Mega-Tron ll 24FR. My husband asked what 24 MFR meant, the guy provided no explanation just continued to say that it wasn't the same battery. My husband then asked why the article number for the battery in my car matched the article number on the coupon. The guy couldn't provide an explanation so he just refunded $20.00 to my Firestone account. This is horrible! How many people have they done this to? I feel like because I was a woman they just took advantage of me. I feel like Firestone is a ripoff! Why would you treat your customers like that? I trusted you all to provide me with quality and professionalism. I'm second guessing all the business that I have done with you all now and that's not good. I want this to be looked into as this is FRAUDULENT and there is no telling how many other customers this has happen to.

Compare Auto Service and Repair