3.9/5 (726 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I purchased 2 new tires that was under warranty that was suppose to arrive by Wednesday and did not On Thursday. I had a flat had my car towed in. That cost me extra money. James the manager told me he didn't care how I got there, blocked my car in after they finally put the tires on that took 3 hours, then overcharged me. Threaten to let the air out of my tires and blocked my car in with the company truck because I told him he overcharging me. The whole time corporate was on the phone listening to everything. I paid him what he overcharged me. I also requested he put the new tires on the front and he put them on the back. No one have contacted me to straighten this all out. I been buying tires from them for years but never anymore in life!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I think I have a slow leak in one of my tires that I purchased from this store a few months ago and made an appointment to come in today at 4pm based on their online scheduling tool. I got the email that stated "If your requested appointment date becomes unavailable, we will contact you directly to discuss rescheduling to a time that’s convenient for you." I received no phone call or email. So, I took my car in as planned to have the tire looked at.

When I walked in the lady behind the desk told me that they cannot look at the tire today and that the online scheduling tool "isn't that good". She went on to say that she "wished more customers would call corporate and complain" about the online scheduler because it is not that good. I explained to her that I drove 20 minutes to have them look at my tire and she refused saying they do not work on any car past 3pm on Sundays. What a crock! So the tire that I need to have looked at (which may be flat in the morning) will need to wait until tomorrow. Never mind Firestone, I will go to NTB and have them take my business. Just a very frustrating adventure with them.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2022

After emailing Firestone headquarters customer service division 2 people assist me with the matter and move my complaint to the head supervisor of that CS division. Gentle by the name of Robert was able to resolved the matter and had Firestone put on a oil pan, oil gasket and plug for free with no charge. I have been driving the car now for two weeks, no leaks.

I want to truly thank Headquarters of Firestone for resolving this. What 's still baffling is the franchise owner never call me back after leaving messages with him. I like Firestone and will continue using them but will use another store. Thank you Consumer Affairs for posting my battle with that location.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Updated on 08/12/2022: Day 11 of the Firestone Fiasco at Firestone Auto Care on Swisher Rd. Corinth, TX Store #744257 with store Manager "AJ." He somehow finally decides to call me back at 6:15 pm tonight about my car after it's been sitting in the same spot since Tuesday 8/9/22 at 5pm. The conversation didn’t go well. Maybe 5 minutes. Didn’t want to hear what he was saying. When he could have call me yesterday on his day off, he waits until 45 minutes before calling. Why is that? The store opens at 7am, he waits nearly 10 hours during the day and didn’t try calling me or asking the GM to call me. He says I have to pay for it and it oil pan, as I stated, "I brought my car in and the oil was not leaking. You change a filter and never oil and I start having major leaks." I ask him for the GM number. He stated he was not giving it out. Again I ask, "Can you please have him call me? I been waiting since Wednesday for a call from him."

As I said the General Manager Steve ** still hasn’t return my call. I ask a another manager to give him my number yesterday at 1pm and never got a call and no calls this morning or this evening from him or one of his people. Again we go back to what I said in my first letter. Its starts at the top with the store owner and management who works under him. But something GOOD that did happen today is someone from Firestone Customer Service Division email me back this morning at 10am and told me they were working fixing the situation, he also email at 4pm. He says someone from the Home office will be contacting me about a resolution to getting my car fix.

I have work tomorrow. I also have kids I have to bring to first school which was today, so I rented a car from Avis for the next three days because I’m expecting that’s how long they will come to see this was not my fault, which again I am asking and expecting Firestone to pay for it since no one wants to fix the car. And everyone keeps coming with the same story. We talk and they decide it was my fault and I need to pay for the repairs of oil leak I never came in for.

What’s so sad about is that I don’t trust them or their words especially the managers. I’m very concern about when because when it is finally resolve and the car is fix and no oil leaks, that these managers and technicians are not worthy of working on anyone let alone my car. Hopefully Firestone Home office will contact me before the weekend and gave me an update on a final resolution. I would surprise if I hear from Mr. Steve **.

I don’t know after dealing with the manager and the location if I ever want to go back there again. IT LEAVE A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH AND MY MIND, because I truly take care of my car. It has 225K miles. Again never had an oil leak in 10 years. I purchase the car in 2012 from one single owner with 78K miles on it. So hopefully when Firestone Home office looks at everything I have done on both of my cars with Firestone. They will see consistent with how I take care of my cars.

Original Review: As I’m writing this complaint about what has happen to me with my 2004 PT Cruiser MAJOR OIL LEAK and THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR $600 that they screw up with Firestone Auto Care on Swisher Rd. Corinth, TX Store # 744257 from 8/1- and still dealing with this present moment on 8/10/22 at 9:52pm. I hope and pray that someone in the upper management of customer service uses this complaint on how managers and assistant managers are supposed to be doing their job, and not just say “I’M GOING TRY MAKE TO CONTACT THE MANAGER OR THE GENERAL MANAGER."

I brought in my car for a yearly Alignment check and Coolant fluid exchange/w antifreeze that’s ALL nothing else. I left it on 8/1/22 before I went on vacation and on 8/5/22 to pick it up. When I finally got to my vacation people, they decide to call and recommend to me about change wiper blade, battery corrosion package, AIR FILTER, AND BRAKE FLUID EXCHANGE (which was just done 11 months ago by the same store # 744257), and OIL change because the stick was reading off the charts.

When you’re on vacation that’s last thing you want to hear is an agent calling to recommend 5 other things to do, when I went it in for only 2 things to be done should be no more than an hour or 2 hour job. So I told them only to do the battery corrosion package for $15 dollars, I told him I was going to change the oil when I get back at the dealership where I been doing for the last 10 years. But he says,"We can do the coolant Fluid exchange without changing the oil." So I say, "Go ahead do it." So later that day they call me again saying, "We try to change the oil," but their technician couldn’t remove the oil pan. It was too tight and they could see some bad threads.

So he states, "We will just add a little oil so we can completed the Coolant fluid flush. Everything should be fine." Again he never says there is an oil leak going on with the car. So these so called professional technician decided to remove the originally factory Chrysler oil filter from the dealership and put on their own Firestone oil filter because he didn’t know how to put it back on the car. So Friday 8/5/22 I pick up the car about 4pm. They give me the originally Chrysler oil filter that was on the car from Chrysler and I’m like, "What is this?" He says, "We never change the oil. We just change the filter", I was shock. Who puts a new oil filter on a car but don’t change the oil.

So I go to work Saturday and Sunday. I live about 20 minutes from my home. So Sunday morning I notice oil leaks in front of my house two of them and on Monday morning I notice another oil leaks. So I’m concern they did something to the oil pan or either strip something. So I go to Vanguard Buick GMC of Carrollton (BEEN GOING THERE FOR 10 YEARS (2012). 4 OIL CHANGES A YEAR NEVER HAD A LEAK EVER, because I’m concern about that firestone oil filter they put on. They change the oil and don’t find any leaks. So I notice later the next day another leak, so I go by Firestone and tell them, "This is still leaking," from when I had it on Friday I pick it up. And ask them to look it at and fix the issue, I stated to the manager, "I need my car by tomorrow 8/10/2022 at the latest." He says, "We will get on it and get back to you as soon as possible."

I leave me my car yesterday at 5pm store # 744257. So you think they would have the decency to get a call earlier in the morning about it being fix, but somehow they finally decide to call me at 1:30pm today and one of the managers states he talk to AJ the head manager says I have to pay for the repairs on the oil leak and pan. It was not their fault or their technician.

And reply, "No way. I brought my car in for two things to be done and my car was not leaking oil when I brought it in on 8/1/2022." I told get AJ to call me or a General Manager of the store to call me so I can explain this situation. He then decides to say, “AJ going to tell you the same thing I’m telling you. We are not responsible for your car and its oil leaks. He tries to say Chryslers is responsible for it. I say, "I need AJ to call me even if it’s his day off or give the GM number and I will called him. He states he can’t give his number out and will try to get the message to GM. So he calls me back in 45 minutes saying the same thing about the car if they fix it I have to pay for it. I told him, "Don’t call me with the same story," he says they all talk about it and feel I’m responsible for the whole bill. I state I need someone to call by 7pm tonight to get this rectify as soon as possible because I need my car for work and family. So he finally decides to give up the General Manager name which is Steve **.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the response. As I expected very disappointed with the store and the management. I have been going there since the store open in 2008 its starts. But this starts from the top and goes to the bottom when you have management who can’t return a customer’s call. So these so call professionals label as managers, assistant managers. Really disappointing overall and now I'm left with a vehicle for 24 hours because management didn’t want to talk to me about how this all came about. Made me leave the auto shop knowing my oil was leaking and didn’t try to tell me which was unsafe to be on the road. I do have pictures of the oil leaks. Have showed the managers how bad it is.

What ‘s so baffling is on the firestone website it states, "We’ll always answer your questions and explain our work to you so you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in until you’re back on the road. We promise to provide the best customer service and offer the right solutions, so you can feel confident in knowing we’re your complete auto care solution. At Firestone Auto Care, we know your time is valuable." It seems like my time and my concerns about an oil leak on a my car isn’t as valuable as the company believes at Store #744257.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

On 05/30/22 at 09:32 AM I took my wife BMW to Firestone (Store# 599573) to get a “Lifetime Wheel Alignment” for $172.11. The car start rattling while driving and have some other issues, so I took it to EURAUTO Shop on 07/28/22 where I was told the wheel alignment was “Not tighten by the last tech that worked on the car front and back". Some links were now broken, and the repair cost me $773.51; and they told me I need to take it back to Firestone to have them align it again. On 8/1/22 I called and made a 7AM appointment for 8/3/22. At 7AM this morning, they did not have me in the system for an appointment and could not find me in their computer system, having work done on the BMW! I was told to find the receipt and they would help me. WHAT HAPPENED! This place use to be great! It Sucks!

Original review: July 22, 2022

I brought my car in for an oil change at the Mill Creek location 7/14/2022, they called and said I needed to have my tires rotated and an alignment which it was probably time for. After my car was done I picked it up and left, got back to work and read the receipt. The technician noted that my right inner tie rod has excessive play and my car was UNSAFE to drive. Not one person told me that or called me to tell me that and just let me walk out the door. So I called and was told, "Oh sorry. Not sure who checked you out so not sure why you were not told this, it will cost $794.00 to fix." I called another reputable mechanic shop and was told Firestone could never properly align my car with the tie rod issue. This other mechanic also said they could repair the tie rod for $373.00!!! I will never go back here again, to not tell someone their car is unsafe to drive is irresponsible and liable.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Brought vehicle to Firestone due to engine light on. Light came on when on my drive home after having oil change and wind shield washer motor check/replacement. Returned to Firestone and manager ran diagnostic and I was informed an Oxygen Sensor was bad. Scheduled appointment to replace Sensor and informed of a $100 dollar charge to run an additional diagnostic to isolate bad sensor (vehicle has four) and approximate $200-500 dollar charge for replacement. Took my vehicle to another business which ran diagnostic in two minutes at no charge and replaced Sensor for $160.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Made an appointment on July 6th to bring in my car today at 7am for an oil change, tire rotation, alignment and to look up a code for the check engine light that came on the morning of July 6th. Went there the next day and talked to the front desk to dropped off my car and told them I will be back between 3-3:30pm to pick up my car. They told me that they will try to get the guy to look at the light but everything else will get done. Had a coworker pick me up. Haven’t received a call and usually I do between 11am-12pm to give me a status update on my car (based off prior service with them).

I called at 1pm and they told me that “the guy that check the light hasn’t done it yet but they are working on the oil change now” so I’m thinking ok great as long as they are working on it, it should be ready. Went there at 3:15pm and they told me they haven’t check it. "Can you wait 30 mins?" I’m like, "Ok…but you guys had my car for 8hrs. What work has been done to the car?" He told me nothing. I just took my car and left.

Overall, it was a waste of time for me and my coworker who took the time to take me there and back. Not only that they lied to me saying that they are working on the oil change but really they weren’t. I’m really disappointed with this company and very frustrated that they lied. If they can be dishonest with something like that then imagine what kind of work would they “say” they did when they charge you. Stay away from this location!

Resolution response: July 9, 2022

Chad one of higher ups put on new brakes etc. to my satisfaction at no charge.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra with 80000 miles on it. Only drive for pleasure. Just had brakes and rotors checked 6 months ago from another auto care place. Very little wear on brakes and rotors. Firestone in Exton PA went ahead without calling me or my consent and put on new rotors and brake pads. Charging me 995.00 total for inspection. I am a widow and they know it. Took full advantage of me.

Resolution response: June 26, 2022

Firestone has resolved this matter well. More than I ever expected! 5 stars

Original review: June 24, 2022

On 5/26/2022 I went to Firestone on 1666 Boston Rd. Springfield Ma around noon. First I am a good customer. No one other than Firestone service my truck or cars for the last 15 years and spent thousands of dollars at this location, and have sent other business your way, as I have told family and friends they could always expect and receive good service. Till today service has always been good and in some cases outstanding! I mentioned the above fact to Dan, sorry to say I believe he's the manager, his response was: Good for you!

His attitude at this point was disrespectful and condescending. As demonstrated by the fact I told him I could not understand everything he was saying, I am hard of hearing (I have 2 hearing aids and that helps marginally). Again his curt replay and this is a quote "Get over here." In itself the response was disrespectful, compounded by the fact I need a cane to walk with because of failing health. Maybe he needs a class in empathizing with the customer. Note he also keep working at the computer with no eye connect. There are other things he said, including lying to me twice but this should suffice to demonstrate the poor

service and attitude. This all because I mentioned being upset about the poor quality tire they sold me putting my and my families safety at risk.

I bought a Continental tire which though only now has 20000 miles on it, the sidewall is degrading with splits developing 3 separate areas. Again because of my health my truck only has 23000 miles on it, most of which was done before my health declined. Next I was told not his responsibility showing a definite disregard for my concerns or needs. If you're concerned, I don't threaten, this is merely an advance notice, if not handled in a timely manner, I will be notifying the Massachusetts Department of the Disabled. Only have not contacted them as of yet is because of the good will built by Dan's predecessors who were always concerned, professional and accommodating.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I made a 7 am appointment for a Saturday morning ONLINE because it was available, first one in, very simple repair, just check AC... No repairs just check. Well appointments are not for the time you take or are offered. At 7am I was told to leave car and would get me in after the call in appointments were taken care of, so why did I make a 7 am appointment?

When you make an appointment to any where your usually the first one, common sense, that why you made it at opening time. Lady in front of me same experience, I was thinking all good, I have a confirmation #, a reservation # but that means nothing. So I go to store 4 miles down the road just out of curiosity... Wrong! Long story short, service manager tells me when you make an ONLINE appointment, computer doesn't know that there are call appointments already... Makes sense, so online is useless and I'll never do again.

You have people making appointments that are not any good. if I would have known this I would have slept in on a Saturday. I am a service manager last 26 yrs for a semi trl shop, 44 bays. I know what it's like to make everyone happy but we never have appointments, never works, either they don't show or the job or took longer than expected which makes the next job later than planned and makes a domino affect on everyone behind that job... They're all going too late. I am a true Firestone customer, my daughter goes to store at A&M but was very disappointed in the way jobs are taken in. I had my car serviced that day with no issues.

maybe get rid of ONLINE appointments... Service manager second location really did explain it the way it works... good job! Honesty good policy!

Firestone Complete Auto Care author review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Complete Auto Care Company Information