Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

837 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought Bridgestone Revo 3's a cost of $1200 for my 2016 Dodge Cummins that had only 21000 miles on it when I purchased the tires. After only driving it for a day or 2 I returned due to vibration while driving. They told me it threw weights and rebalance the tires. The vibration never went away. After driving it for 5000 miles I returned for a rotation and balance. When I drove it the vibration was much worse. After closer inspection the tires that had been on the rear of the truck had worn a flat spot about every 12 inches around the tire.

The manager Trevor told me he would replace them because they shouldn't be wearing like that because the rear of the truck is fixed. After not getting called back many times one of the employees gave me the corporate number in Seattle. I called corporate and they told me tough ** and that they would not replace the tires. Firestone does not care about their customers whatsoever. I would highly recommend that no one should ever use their services unless they want to get started!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Nissan stated I needed to change transmission and my brake fluid. Once told the price, I declined the service. Went to Firestone because it was $200 cheaper. Now, my car needs a new transmission because they put the wrong fluid in it. Firestone has only contacted me once and every time I call, Firestone states an agent will be contacting me. Nissan is wanting to charge me $1,000 for flushing my transmission 3 times. Thank God Nissan is smart and knows what they’re doing. I’ll never go to Firestone ever. I have spent over $4k in the last two years with my car and my fiancé’s car.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Took my son's 2008 Mazda CX7 in for an oil change and to have the front end checked out. My son was planning on taking the car to college next weekend so I wanted to be sure it was ready to go. Firestone suggested I rotate the tires, which I did. I hadn't drove the car in a while so I decided to use the car to pick him up for the weekend, about a hundred mile drive. Car started acting up on way back. I thought it may be U-Joint but I called Firestone. They suggested I bring it in when I got home.

Ten minutes after getting off the interstate the front left tire came off and ended up breaking though a fence one hundred yards up the street. I called Firestone. The manager said "I was afraid this may have been the issue, not torquing the tires, when you called earlier". I was shocked. He knew we were driving on the interstate from over one hundred miles away. I also explained to him that I took the car this weekend to pick up my son to be sure it was good to go. I said to him "What if I hadn't test driven the car and my son would have taken the car next weekend"? His response was "Let's not worry about the what ifs". As a parent of a college student that would be driving the car on the interstate the "What if" is huge. If this happens on the interstate the outcome is much different!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My car was in there for an estimate. The estimate was too high to make fixing the car worthwhile. I have bought another car. I was told that there was no charge. Some time later, I just happened to open what appeared to be an ad for Firestone, only to find that it was a bill from an unused - for 4 years - Firestone credit card which I was not aware I still had. I did not authorize this charge, and was I told that there was no charge whatsoever. If this is not illegal, it is highly unethical. I have paid this amount because I feel that the threat to my credit score due to this extortion is greater that the $ involved. I have spent thousands of dollars at this Firestone. I now have another car that will eventually need work. It will NOT be done at Firestone.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Terrible service. I asked for 4 new tires, and an alignment. First of all, they gave me back the car with grease/oil spots all over inside. Car was pulling to the right so hard, that it changed lanes by itself, and the front was shaking over 60mi/hr. Had to take it back and demand the alignment and balancing I already paid for. They did the alignment, but not the balancing. No reason for me to go back again. I'll Just take it to a different place and so should you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

On 9-17-18, I purchased 4 Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 plus tires for my 2010 Honda Odyssey at Firestone Complete Auto Care (store number #025941) in Strongsville, Ohio. The auto technicians installed all 4 new tires and contacted me about a damaged TPMS sensor that had to be replaced on one of the tires. I agreed to the installation and price for one TPMS sensor. I picked up my car later that afternoon and drove home after the tire installation. Before leaving, I was told by the Manager named Chuck that the TPMS indicator light was still on but if I drove it for a while, it should go off. The TPMS indicator light did not go off and I returned to the same Firestone Complete Auto Care store on 9-19-18 for an additional fix of the TPMS indicator light and asking why it was still on after driving approximately 60 miles.

The auto technicians checked the sensor and decided to replace it with another one. I left the store in my car after being told by Manager Chuck the sensor was repaired and ready to go. I drove the car home and on my way to work the next morning the TPMS sensor light came back on again. I took the car for the third time back (9-20-18) to the same Firestone store to get the sensor indicator light off. This time upon picking the car up, the service advisor Dave and the auto technician advised me to take my Honda Odyssey to a Honda dealer to program and reset the sensors since they were unable to get a satisfactory reading on the TPMS sensor(s). Service advisor Dave told me the Firestone store would pay for the charges of the Honda dealer for the repair.

I went to the Honda dealer for the repair of the TPMS sensor(s) on 9-20-18. The service advisor at the Honda dealer informed me after having my 2010 Honda Odyssey accessed that I needed 3 new TPMS sensors because the 3 sensors on the remaining tires were unable to be reset or reprogramed. I was left with a repair bill of $352.71 from the Honda dealer for 3 TPMS sensors and installation. I picked up the car from the Honda dealer on 9-21-18. On 9-24-18, I revisited the Firestone auto care store (#02541) in Strongsville, Ohio for the fifth time in a week and presented service advisor Dave with a copy of the Honda invoice for 3 sensors that stated they were not in working order and had to be replaced.

Service advisor Dave indicated that Manager Chuck would contact me by phone the next day (9-26-18). I stopped in on 9-26-18 at approximately 1:15pm and left another message for the manager to call me as promised since I did not hear from him. As of the close of business on 9-26-18, I did not receive a phone call from Manager Chuck.

I am very disappointed in how this matter is being handled by Firestone management after returning 3-4 times for the right repair of a TPMS sensor(s) and being advised to take my car to Honda dealer with a promise of payment for the charges. I also experienced a no return phone call by the Manager as promised. I have my doubts on how 3 TSPM sensors can be unrepairable all at the same time which involved an additional cost by me. As a consumer, I can only trust and act on the advice of the trained service advisors. That trust and confidence has now been lost and I'm not sure how to regain it. I am hoping for a resolve of my repair bill form the Honda dealer as promised. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Firestone in Lake Jackson TX - I go there a lot and the work they do is awesome like they always fix my car and get it running good. So today I went there cause one of my rear light was not working, so I told the guy Named Aaron to just go ahead and put all new lights, dropped my car, after 3 hours he called me and said I don't need it cause it was just loose. He was very honest man any other person would have changed it even if I don’t need it and charge me, so Mr. AARON thank you for your honesty.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have been buying tires from Firestone for several years now (Firestone brand). Had purchased a lifetime service for my car for front end alignment. We had a severe rain downfall here in Milford, Delaware causing several flooded areas. I had the unfortunate accident of hitting a curb with my right front end, causing my tire to go flat. So I put the spare on and went to Firestone in Milford, Delaware. They told me that the tire could not be fixed, I had to buy another one which was rated for use. I also asked about getting a front end alignment, they told me in a couple of days. So I took the car back in a couple of days, they rotated the tires, and then came out and told me they could not do it that I needed an inner tie rod end. $286.00. I said I would let them know. I took it to another mechanic that told me the tie rod end was fine. So I will go elsewhere for tires, etc. Hope that everyone reads this and does the same!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I wish I could give this place a 0 star. I took my car for oil change and for a possible flat (TPMS light was on). The told me that the Oil Filter was stuck and I need replace my Oil Filter Cap. Also they found a nail in my tire that needs to be patched. Total cost: $113 for Oil Filter Cap and $30 for fixing the flat plus another $28 for oil change. Stupid me gave the go ahead. The very same week, the TMPS light was on again. I went back and they told me there was another nail, close to the one they fixed and they cannot fix it. And that I need a new tire. WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Most likely I picked up both at the same time and they missed it the first time. I left and went to Discount Tire Store, and they fixed the flat for FREE!!! After I got home, I did research on the Oil Filter Cap (which cost me $113 at Firestone). The part costs $30 on Amazon and $40 on AutoZone. For all I know they made me change the cap for no reason. I cannot believe this. Bottom line: AVOID THIS STORE LIKE A PLAGUE...

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

If I could leave no stars I would. I called on a Friday morning early to find if I dropped off my car by 10am would they be able to get an oil change and tire balance in before the end of the day. The person I spoke to said yes. At 5:30 I became concerned since I never heard from them. I called. Was told it wouldn't be ready until the next day sometime. Horrible communication on Firestone part, even more so horrible attitude about lying to a customer.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I made an appointment to get my oil changed. I showed up about 25 minutes early. They brought my car into the bay and started working on it. I watched it go up and down on the lift four times. Finally, I asked the manager if there was a problem. After he checked with the mechanic he said she couldn't get the oil filter off, it was on too tight. Then he told me because it's Italian (Fiat) they are made with no space to reach the oil filter so they need a special part. I told the manager that Jiffy Lube never has a problem with it and it takes them about 20 minutes. After over 2 hours to change the oil the technician drove it out of the bay, dropped the keys in my hand and walked away. No eye contact, no thanking me for my patience, no apology for an oil change that took over 2 hours.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Firestone complete auto care of Issaquah WA did 3,500 dollars of damage to my Honda Odyssey. They charged my father in law 2000 dollars to replace the battery alternator starter, and tires. Brought it in for 2 tires, and because it wouldn't start. They did not know how to diagnose the problem so they just started replacing parts and in the process they altered the wiring harness to the ECU unit. My son in law and father in law were the ones who paid for the repairs and drove it 45 miles back. They were told all the flashing indicator lights were on because they could not clear the codes.

Next day I drive it around the block it will not shift and all the lights are going off. Had to have it towed to a Honda Shop. Their inspection found they altered the wiring and possibly blew up the ECU. 3,500 to fix. I am devastated. Have to fight like hell too. Had to File a complaint. Going to take a lot of effort and time. Now I am without a safe running vehicle. HELP. It is so devastating and so unfair for people to suffer being ripped off like this and stranded.

Updated on 10/07/2018: This is a follow up review of my complaint regarding the damage Firestone Bridgestone of Issaquah complete auto care did to my vehicle. I filed a claim with Firestone Bridgestone customer service. First I would like to warn people it took weeks of phone calls and emails to get to even get them to move forward on my case number. Next the claims manager set up an inspection by a company to supposedly inspect my vehicle and examine all the evidence.

The first inspection, was less than 15 minutes long and the service manager at the Honda dealer where I had my vehicle towed to from Firestone said the inspector asked no questions of him, said very little to the service tech there and left without asking for or leaving any information. The claims manager from Firestone did not call me after this inspection for several days I waited. Finally I had to call him, which by the way, was how it went throughout the so called Customer service process. In that conversation, he offered me starting at 500 dollars and ended with 1500 dollars to resolve my claim. I had to refuse because they in the course of their questionable repairs on my vehicle, had altered the wiring to the ECU unit of my Odyssey van and caused approximately $3500. Worth of damage to my vehicle.

So at my great insistence the claims manager offered a second inspection at which I insisted on being at along with 2 witnesses as well as the service tech of Honda. Again this took nearly another full week to happen. Note my vehicle at this point has been out of service to me for over 30 days and my life is on hold and I have missed work over their bad repairs and also because they absolutely with very little doubt caused damage to my vehicle.

The second inspection involved the inspector talking a lot about things unrelated to my vehicle. We were outside. The vehicle was on the ground. The hood was up, he shined a small flashlight and looked around nonchalantly, took a few pictures. He asked the tech a few questions. He talked about what he thought may have happened. He talked about the situations that could have occurred as the vehicle was being worked on to cause the ECU unit and witewiring to be damaged.

I asked the Honda Technician if he thought the wiring harness had been altered, he confirmed his diagnosis and visual inspection of my vehicle when it was towed in from Firestone was this was his and that because they were not able to get any communication from the Ecu they could not go any further to see if the repairs Firestone Bridgestone had done were solid. Again a lot was said of topic by this inspector a few more pictures then it was over seemly so we walked all together back into the service reception area of the Honda center.

Red flag time. I had the original invoice from Firestone Bridgestone of Issaquah in my hand and I asked the inspector if he had reviewed it closely to see that the ECU had obviously been working when my vehicle arrived at Firestone Bridgestone of Issaquah because the invoice has 2 pages plus of codes that they read from the hand held computer. It was shocking to hear him say to me "No, I haven't seen that yet let me take a look." He back tracked a bit and said of course he could get a copy if he wanted to. How can they say, an inspection is an inspection when this guy comes out twice, never actually touching anything, no tools not even an diagnostic device to hook up to my vehicle and he has done two inspections without even looking at the original invoice. He talks about an entire host of unrelated subjects.

So after this inspection I get a phone call days later from the claims manager of Firestone Bridgestone. The inspection conclusions is that the ECU unit was faulty when my vehicle was brought to Firestone Bridgestone of Issaquah. Lies proven. How do you explain the 2 plus pages of code that are part of my invoice? I ask, "How do you explain that no where on that invoice does it say anything about the ECU unit having issues?" How do explain that they determined I needed a starter, alternator, and battery without the help of reading the codes on the invoice. I mean which came first here the chicken or the egg. In either case they are proven liars and thieves.

My vehicle is ruined and I am just suppose to let them do this to me. I am DEVASTATED. I have to take this to court and get some help but I wanted the public to know how I have been treated abused and dropped off by Firestone Bridgestone. Stay away that even put tires on your vehicle in a reasonable manner. That was another lie they used to stall me when it was taking 5 days for them work on my vehicle. Day 4 they were telling my son in law they had the repairs done but were waiting on the tires. This I believe was them just stalling because they had not figured out what they were doing or what they had done wrong.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Drove in yesterday for simple oil change. $51.77. Of course there were hoses going bad, emissions test needing done, etc. About $500.00 worth of additional work. I scheduled for next Wed 9/5. On way home vehicle started overheating, I pulled over waited, cooled, proceeded, got home, they had forgot to put radiator cap back on when checking fluids etc. Called store back. Tech said, "OOPS sometimes that happens, put two gallons of antifreeze in it you'll be fine." $43.77 in antifreeze and new radiator cap later, it was still overheating, called store back, manager said, "Well, told you that you needed hoses... they're collapsed."

THIS IS OUR ONLY VEHICLE, have been making alternative transportation arrangements since noon yesterday, told two people this three times ($120.00 total), Tow bill back to Firestone $40.00... and after all this my car is sitting on their lot, not running, no idea what's wrong, when I called, I was told they haven't had time to check out. How can you go from running to broken down, no idea what it will take to repair, or costs.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Took the car in for an oil change which of course ends up being double compared to other places which is ridiculous. Then they tell you that you need an alignment and should replace 2 tires so they offer you a "lifetime" alignment for $189 telling you that each time it is $90 and it should be done yearly so you think you are now saving. Then they charge you $250+ for just the labor to put on 2 tires and do an alignment and $90 for an oil change. Labor costs are almost more than the actual items and geesh I was there an hour at most. WHAT A RIPOFF! Almost $800!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

We brought our car here due to brake issues. The car was there for 4 days before they diagnosed the issue. The manager Charlie would tell you that he would call you back but he NEVER did and then when you called him to inquire what was going on with your car, he would yell at you over the phone that he was busy. He told us we needed an ABS Break Module for our car and that he could save us money by getting the part used. He gave us a repair estimate and we told him to go ahead and order the part because we wanted the car to be working 100%. A MONTH went by and we called him back and he said his "contacts" were not getting back to him and he would call around again and get back to us.

ANOTHER month goes by and we call him back AGAIN and he said they can't find the part so we are going to have to go with a new part and the cost would be $1,500 plus labor. We told him to go ahead and order the part because we just wanted the car to be fixed. Two weeks go by and I told my husband there is NO way it takes 2 weeks to get the part new from a local Nissan dealership. I called our local dealership and they had the part in stock. My husband then calls and speaks to Mike and schedules an appointment for our car to have the part installed armed with the knowledge that we knew the part was in stock.

The day we are to drop off the car, my husband calls Firestone to confirm we are dropping the car off that day to be fixed and they tell us they don't have an appointment for our car and no record of making one. My husband and I were perplexed on why they didn't seem to want to fix the car but we were tired of the run around and so we brought the car to another well known mechanic and they did the job same day (they had NO problem getting a USED part-same day) and they also found that Firestone had rigged a part by gluing it together so no wonder they did not want to fix the problem properly. We will NEVER bring any of our cars to Firestone again and now have a new trustworthy mechanic that DOES call you back when he says he will and he fixes the problem correctly without any GLUE or runaround. BEWARE OF FIRESTONE!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Yesterday I brought my vehicle to the Firestone on Gause Blvd in Slidell La. I had a nail in the right rear tire. I had purchased the tires from that very same Firestone in June of 2012. There were 22,300 miles on the tires that had a 60,000 mile warranty. I asked that the tire be repaired and the be tires rotated. I was told that because the tires were more than five years old Firestone could neither repair the tire nor rotate the tires. When I pointed out there were only 22,300 miles on the tires I was told it didn't matter because the tires were more than five years old.

I told the employee I had a previous set of Firestone tires that were more than nine years old and had a free repair done to a tire in January 2012 at that same Firestone. He then repeated the policy and told me it was a state regulation. The only place I could get a tire rotation would be at a "Mom and Pop place". I showed him Firestone's booklet on tires and pointed out that it recommended that tires older than five years be inspected every year and replaced regardless of tread after ten years. He continued to stand by the five year "no repair" argument.

Seven hours and $139.01 later I had a new tire. I immediately went next door to Jiffy Lube and had the tires rotated for $23.90. Before the Jiffy Lube employee rotated the new tire he pointed out to me when the new tire was installed a lug had been put on at an angle. He could not remove the lug without damaging the screw holding it. He advised that I bring it back to Firestone and let Firestone deal with it. I declined and told him to go ahead and remove the tire and complete the tire rotation. He complied and my vehicle is in another shop now getting the lug screw repaired.

My wife and I have been taking our vehicles for more than twenty years to that particular Firestone and have spent thousands of dollars there. Yesterday was my last time and dollar Firestone will get from us. If there is a five year rule that forbids Firestone from working on its own tires then they ought to tell the customers that when selling the tires and pointing out the 60,000 miles warranty.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I took my new Jeep in to the Tehama Ridge, Fort Worth, TX location because I had a nail in my tire. My tires were under warranty and Firestone brand which is why I went there. After keeping my Jeep for 5 hours I called them to see how it was going and was told they found the nail but couldn’t see it leaking which means they can’t replace it if they can’t see it leaking. I was skeptical of this as I was told the nail was about an inch long. I got there to pick it up and brought a small spray bottle of soapy water to see if I saw it leak. Upon arrival I found my Jeep, saw where they marked the nail was and began to spray. Immediately the water bubbled up which indicated leaking air. I wiped it, sprayed again and once again saw it leaking. I went inside and asked for Zeke to come out and look. He saw it, denied that was escaping air, and then sprayed it again himself and finally confirmed it was leaking.

We went inside and he called my warranty company who said replace it. It was so late in the day Zeke asked if he could my Jeep overnight and inconvenience me even more. I said ok but would need it back no later than 12 noon. I went back to pick it up when I was called and saw that a completely different kind of tire, although brand new, had been mounted on my Jeep. They claimed it was hard to find an exact match. I looked it up online and found the exact matching tire within 30 seconds and it was in a local shop. So I was lied to not once but twice by Zeke. This is absolutely unacceptable. I emailed the corporate office and received zero response. I recently emailed them again and finally received a response to that email. They should have replaced my tire with an exact match as these tires were less than five months old. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FIRESTONE.

Resolution response: Aug. 5, 2018

First, I wish to make the corrections as follows: I said 10W20 I meant 5W20.

I spoke with the manager. He agreed to refund the cost of the battery and to put the proper oil in the vehicle. However, he categorically denied that anyone there ever put water in the battery or touched the alternator wire assembly. His statement was that the battery could have "boiled over." To my understanding, the only way a batter would "boil over" would be due to overcharging with a faulty alternator. Given that the alternator wires were backed off their connection and therefore NOT charging, physics says that is not possible.

Although I no longer believe it was deliberate sabotage, I remain unconvinced that the wires backed themselves off. As there are no cameras recording in their bays, I am satisfied to let the matter drop in n agreement to disagree on these points.

Furthermore, he showed me in the paperwork I was not previously given. That does validate that the battery was already not responding with the expected cold crank amperage. However, he did not seem to understand that this is not the same as batter capacitance, which indicated that the battery was at full capacitance when measured by the men at Autozone. Regardless, that has been addressed with the refund of the purchase amount of the battery.

The issue with the oil is understandable. The Firestone computer has listed that the new standard oil for Toyota's is 5W20. However, the manufactures oil recommendation for my vehicle remains 5W30. Changing to the lighter weight oil absolutely adversely affected the engine sound. This seemed to be a point of contention so the manager called Toyota Care Center and spoke on speaker with the technician. Although he stated it did not seem like the lighter weight oil could hard the engine, it could potentially increase wear and tear, especially given that the engine was built to use the higher viscosity 5W30 oil. He further stated that the manufacturer recommended 5W30 is what is therefore be used on the car. Given that my car is 11 years old, it seems a wiser choice to adhere to that standard. The manager agreed to change the oil again and use the proper 5W30 oil and to change the fuel filter.

Thank you for your involvement in this issue. I appreciate your taking the time to address my concerns. I am satisfied with the outcome and no longer upset by what occurred.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Two days ago I brought my car to the 6102 Sunrise Mall location (Firestone Complete Care, Citrus Heights CA). I had a free tire rotation and paid for an alignment and an oil change. Their technician then came in and said I needed "a new engine air filter and that my battery was bad." I found that odd. I personally had replaced the engine air filter a couple months earlier. Although my battery is 4 years old, it has shown no signs of being bad. I then took it to AutoZone. The gentleman there said my alternator was not charging. Now that seemed strange. I have less than 1000,000 miles on my Toyota Corolla despite it being 2007. So today, my battery dies and I am stranded. I call USAA. At this point system failure within two days of my having it serviced with NO PREVIOUS PROBLEMS seems rather suspicious to me.

I ask the USAA roadside assistance gentleman if he can check the alternator cables to see if anything has been loosed, as I do not know what could have been detached, despite my suspicions. Sure enough, he checks the main cable in the front of the alternator and it has been backed off just enough to ensure battery does not charge. Their employee DELIBERATELY sought to leave me stranded by causing my perfectly good battery to fail. How many people has this location scammed this way???

I am a single woman traveling in Sacramento county. Clearly, Firestone employees (and possibly even manager) are so greedy they were literally willing to endanger my safety by ensuring I got stranded somewhere just to what, sell me more services that I do not need? I am trying to care for two kids on my own and they are seeking to defraud me of what little I have because I am willing to trust them to work on my car? What, in the case they could not use fraudulent meter readings. This is vile, disgusting, evil, thoughtless, selfish, wicked behavior. That employee (s) involved in this need to be immediately FIRED. And if they are doing this shady stuff to other women, they need to be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was told by Matt, one of the Managers at Firestone, that my car needed new engine bearings installed at a cost of $3,900.00 I believed him and started looking around for a new engine since it would be cheaper than having the bearing problem repaired. A few weeks later, I started losing power steering fluid and so I brought my car to another repair facility. It turned out that the problem was not the power steering pump but, the metal tube that was rubbing against the engine and finally split. After the tubing was replaced, I notice the knocking sound that Matt told me was the bearings was gone. The engine runs like new again. Firestone was going to charge me $3,900.00 for a problem that didn't exist. Needless to write, I won't be returning to their facility.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Took our car into Firestone in Titusville Fl on Monday 7/30, dropped it off to have the shifter cable replaced on my daughter's 2014 Dodge Dart for a charge of $427.00. Got a call from Anthony telling us the car was ready but they were not able to get the key out of the ignition and that I would need to take the car to the dealer, since Firestone states it is a safety feature and they can't fix it.

I picked up the car, took it home and informed my husband of the key issue when he got home from work, we decided to take the car back to Firestone the next morning since everything we could find online and after speaking with a Dodge Dealership is that the cable need to be adjusted. We dropped the car back off at 8 am to Firestone (which now the check engine light is on) and explained that the cable probably needed to be adjusted. A few hours went by and Firestone called my husband and said they still could not correct the issue and that we needed to pick up the car and take it to Dodge. We picked up the car that evening after work and we realized the car never left the parking lot we parked it in that morning, the seat was never moved (I'm 5 foot and sit very close to the wheel and there is no way the guys that worked there were able to do anything without moving the seat).

Took the car to an independent Master Mechanic because we knew it was an easy fix after speaking with the Dealership, come to find out the cable was installed incorrectly on the gear shifter side, It simply was ran under the shifter opposed to running it above the shifter. We have reached out to Firestone Corporate who has not responded to us. I have disputed the charge on my debit card, as now I had to pay a separate mechanic because Firestone simply wouldn't correct their mistake...

Original review: July 31, 2018

The Belmar store has struck out 3 times. When I first Purchased my tires they were asked not to use impact wrenches on my wheels. They notified me that they broke one of my wheel locks with an impact gun. Then they said it would be the next day before they could get the locks off my wheels. I went home. Got my spare key. Took my locks off. Went back to the store. They refuse to mount them that day. The next day when I went to get my tires done I asked about the wheel lock being broke. They never offered to replace the key. Nothing more was said on that. Today I went in to have front tires balanced. Only the front tires. There was three open bay. Is no cars in the parking lot. Two mechanics standing around with their thumbs in their ears and he told me I couldn’t get in till Wednesday this being Monday afternoon. After service like this I would not take Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton’s car to that store.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I visited Firestone on Friday morning 7/27/18 for a 7am appointment to have a diagnostic test completed. I went to the downtown location on Olive Street in St. Louis, Mo. It took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours for this test to be completed. They provided me with the papers saying what was wrong and needed to be fixed on my 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer. I already knew that my check engine light was on as I was going through this process to apply for a waiver with the DMV. Upon receiving my truck, I noticed my truck sounded nothing like it did when I brought it in.

I drove around the block and right back to Firestone to ask them what did they do to my car. It was not running like it had been when I dropped it off at all. It wasn't picking up speed as it had, it was hesitating a lot and I kept smelling exhaust fumes. None of these things were happening to my truck when I took it there. I asked the people what they did to my truck and they kept saying nothing, but my truck drove nothing like it did when I dropped it off. Matter of fact it has never drove or sounded like this.

Since I kept smelling exhaust I drove to a local exhaust shop to get an inspection of my exhaust system just in case my converter suddenly clogged during the diagnostic test. The exhaust shop said I had no clogged converter or leaks. So I went back down to Firestone to ask what they did to my car and keep saying they did nothing. One technician let me know that the work I needed done on my truck was major work because it involved having to replace the throttle body position sensor assembly. He said that during the diagnostic test one of the sensors could have quit working causing the issues I'm currently having. I didn't believe that and feel they have done something to my truck causing it to run very choppy. My check engine light now blinks while I'm driving. It did not run this way when I dropped it off.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The water pump was purchased in 2017 at the store in Mt Juliet, TN. When I purchased tires at a different store a couple of weeks ago they told me that my water pump needed to be replaced. I went to the store in Mt Juliet and told them about the water pump which was under warranty and make an appointment for that Friday at 7am. When I called about my car around 1pm they were just looking into it and said it would be around 30 minutes before done, I went to the store after the 30 minutes and still had to wait. After be told that there was nothing wrong but a gasket on the water pump and that it was my radiator that was bad.

I had someone else check my car and nothing was wrong with the radiator but the water pump was still leaking. I called. They said bring it back in so I did today at 7am and when I called at noon it had not been touched. I have spent a lot of money with this store and after this I will not ever take my vehicle to another Firestone Store anywhere. I contacted customer service to talk with a district manager and was told that I could not have his information and would have to wait until he contacted me.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Usually I have had a good experience with Firestone Mainstreet, Frisco, Tx location. However of late for past 6 months or so I feel that money making has become more important for them than providing customer satisfaction. Also seems like they are becoming very sloppy of late. Today was one of those days. I dropped my car at 1.45 pm and the service advisor told me that it would take about 2 to 2 1/2 hrs for car alignment and tire rotation as they were backed up. I returned back home and did not hear back from them till about 5.15 which is when I called them.

The service advisor Evan answered and told me that the car is not yet done and will be the next one to be serviced. I did not hear from them till about 6.15pm and that's when I reached the location and to my surprise I found that my car has not moved from its placed. When I asked what happened the service advisor EVAN spoke very rudely with me and told me that they will be taking in the car now.

Long things short they completely forgot to take my car in. On top of them when I asked EVAN he speaks very rudely to me and says, "We can take the car in now or I can return your keys." I just hated that moment and the response that EVAN gave me. I asked him who is going to be accountable for this. I kept my car with them for almost 6 hours and it was still not taken care of and he had no answer. I took my keys and left from there highly disappointed. This review is for EVAN and not for Firestone overall. He has to be held accountable for this sloppy job that he did today.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I recently went to the new Firestone store in Opelika, AL for an oil change and tire alignment. They told me I had a nail in a tire and it needed repair. I said OK. They removed the nail and said done! They also told me my air filter was dirty and replaced it rather than cleaned it. After a trip to Kentucky we noticed the tire leaking air and returned to the Firestone store a few weeks later. They said they found another nail and the tire was not repairable, it needed to be replaced.

I also asked about my K&N filter. They said they threw it out and charged me for a new one that has to be replaced. I complained to the home office, but nothing of substance has been done. They said they would refund the tire repair (by the way I had the tire repaired a second time and it is fine). No refund yet and they still will not replaced my K&N filter and deny doing anything except what I told them, although I have witnesses they never showed me the filter, etc. My latest complaint was filed with the BBB. There are other places in this area and I would recommend you choose them for your car work.

Updated on 08/13/2018: The company lied to the Attorney General's office and said I saw the filter prior to it being tossed; however, my wife was with me and neither of us saw it. I have since purchased another K&N filter to replace the one they threw away. Everyone would do well to learn from my experience and avoid work done by Firestone/Bridgestone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have been a Firestone Customer for over 35 yrs. Never have I had an experience like this. Oct. 2017 I have a complete brake job done at the S. Pine St. Center in Ocala Fl. The new brakes started to moan when I started up in the morning. I thought it would go away when they seated. Three months still moaning. Returned to Firestone. Their lift wasn't working couldn't help. When I went in for my 6 mo. service I asked them to find the moaning. I got the service. They checked all the brakes and said they couldn't fix them. They installed them but could fix the moaning. Goodbye Firestone. I found another Firestone center I could trust and will never darken the doors of the on Pine street.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I purchased four new tires for my automobile that came with a 40,000 mile warranty. When I reached 10,000 miles the back two tires already had five-six inches of tread showing through. I went into the location who installed them who informed me that my warranty didn’t cover faulty tires because of the type of car I drive. Clearly they knew what the car was when I paid them for four new tires nine months earlier. Their only solution was to charge me $200.00 for additional tires. I called Firestone’s Corporate office, spoke with their warranty department and also the Area Manager. Bottom line they refused to honor their warranty and the only thing they would do for me is charge me yet again for two more tires. Their unethical behavior and condescending attitude was very disappointing. I will not purchase anything from Firestone in the future and will be posting a warning to others on every social media site available. Such a negative experience.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Ok. So you would think that I would stop giving Firestone my money, after the installation of my tires, but I decided to give it another chance because it is another city and well everyone deserves a second chance. So last week I took my truck to get just an oil change and a tire rotation @ the Firestone in Lake Worth TX. I approached the counter and told them "Hi. I have an app for a oil change." In turn the so called manager of sales Ellis told me, "Well I won't be able to get to your truck until 3 pm." Then I told him, "But I have an appointment." His response was "insert attitude", "Well you did not tell me you have an appointment, next time with a condescending tone you need to tell me about your appointment."

And again I told him, "But I did tell you." Anyway needless to say my truck did not go into the bay until 30 min after my appointment. I also told Ellis that I did not need a tire rotation because I did not have the lock for the tires. Ellis did not tell the technician about the missing key so the auto tech took an additional 30 minutes asking and looking for the key. This is not acceptable. If you have an appointment you should be seen at that time. If not at least you should be nice to your customers. Mr. ** needs some sensitivity training.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought tires from the store in Selma AL and when I went in I asked for 10 ply and they gave me 4 ply. Now all my tires but one have plugs in them. I keep getting metal in my tires. I am so disappointed in Firestone.

Original review: July 17, 2018

This Comment is about operator Mary. She should never be in customer service especially in supervisor capacity. We have been doing business with Firestone for over 40 years. When I charged my auto repairs at your store this last time I was going to use another card that was interest free for 12 months. The person behind the desk said I should use My Firestone card, it too had no interest. No mention of 6 months. I called Firestone today to ask to have the interest removed after we saw the balance we knew it was wrong. We wanted to have the interest waved and pay in full today.

The first operator offered half of the interest credited. I felt there should be no interest charged so I ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was so rude, pompous and arrogant. She had not interest in helping me with my problem. I told her the person that offered the interest free at Firestone never mentioned 6 months. Operator ** told me it was my responsibility to read the statement. I don't not read all of my statements when they come in from cover to cover. This was false advertising and I feel I was scammed. I will post this problem on the internet Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and G+ and several others. I want others to be aware of this so they will not fall into the same trap. I will never do business with Firestone again after today because of one employee Operator Mary.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.

• Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.

• Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.

• Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.

• Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.

• Best for: Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information