Firestone Service Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Was a certified master tech for 27 years. Took my 97 Chevy truck in for an alignment. Was told it needed an upper ball joint and idler arm. I had just replaced all front steering components. I went over to Firestone and checked it out myself and found nothing wrong. Told them to align front end and they did. Picked up truck, steering wheel was off to the left, they said it was because idler arm was bad (wrong). I straightened wheel myself. Also when picked up, drivers door wouldn't open and drivers window wouldn't go up. No more Firestone visits for me.

In the past we trusted Firestone to take care of our cars. We had tires put on our SUV. The lug nuts were not put on tight enough causing lug stems to break at frost. I did not know this. I drove to Alabama from West Virginia. My daughter borrowed my SUV. She was surprised I made it there. Took it back to get it fixed. Same thing happened again the third time after supposing it was finally fix. We were taking it back the tire falls off on the road. Two guys who saw it happen got it back on their response. We were lying we should have sued. We were dumb and had our oil changed there a month ago. I had it back three times which I thought was a tire problem. I told them about light on dashboard kept flashing. They could not find anything. I was worried took car somewhere else. It was short 4 quarts of oil. It could have destroyed our car. Never going back again.

I went to Firestone to check the sound which was coming from the Front right Side whenever I go to a bumpy road. The sound was very annoying and was disturbing a lot. I paid the 10$ amount to get complete car inspection and they recommended me to get the Engine mounts replaced and provided me with estimated cost of 1120$. As I got the car recently from one of my friend, I thought to give it some more day before I make the decision of getting it fixed.

Two days later my car started behaving abnormally and the noise which was very less earlier it increased like hell. Now the noise was there every time even when I am driving on a smooth road with normal gaps or bumps. Earlier the noise was not that much and not also very frequent. I am sure that Firestone guys did something with my car and broken the system which was running fine earlier. The noise which was coming has now increased a lot and really making it impossible to drive.

Made an appointment with Firestone for a routine oil change and front end alignment that I paid a lifetime for. Number one if you don't want to give customers satisfaction you should not sell something you give poor customer service for. I have had nothing but problems after I bought the lifetime of front end alignments. Dropped my car off at 10. Called at 2:30 and they said "yes your car is almost done." Once I get there they asked if I wanted my tire fixed that had a nail in it. I said sure. After 3:30 now saw my car leave the lift and garage and they told me it will be another hour before it is done. Why would I come up there to sit for 2 hours. They are liars. I will call corporate for the second time and complain but will do as least business as possible in the future there. That is not including the $600 in work they said I needed. NOT.

Bottom line they refused to do the front end alignment and lied and said I cussed them out. I did not cuss them out. I said "I did not come back up here to sit all day." They are crazy and will not get in trouble at all. The worst thing I said was "this is ** to sit here for 2 hours." I will come back and they refused to do it. Watch out Yellow Brick Road in Rosedale. I won't be back there ever again.

The Richmond VA store (which just opened) on West Broad St. is a total ripoff. They charged me $40 to fix a flat tire. Anywhere else in Richmond it's $25. They made an estimate without ever looking at the tire and amazingly enough after they fixed a simple leak, it cost exactly what the estimate was. So they set you up and then rip you off. And on top of that, the people behind the service desk are rude and have a "I don't care" attitude. I will NEVER go there again and believe me I will tell all of my friends to stay away from these crooks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Took my car in for inspection. Fail car for light bulb. Ok put one in. My husband looks at the car Saturday. My brake light out. Had to go to AutoZone and of course buy one. Was stop by cop. Had to show him my papers I just came from store. They act as though they are the only ones with job. Like you are disrupting their time. Don't know about greeting the customer and charge a ton of money. Then I expect service.

Went in to have a headlight replaced since it requires a little more to replace in the Ford Fusion and needed it done since I had been pulled up for that. I dropped off the vehicle and went next door and ate lunch. About 45 minutes later returned expecting my car. They went on to explain that my car needed tires and a sway bar replaced. I said not today but they went on to say would take an hour to replace my head light and while I was waiting they would do a courtesy alignment check and guess what I was in desperate need of an alignment. I went on to explain that I didn't have the time today to get any of these things done.

Well finally 2 hours later and 125 dollars got my head light was changed and I was done. I went back home and did what was needed. The next day I had forgotten that I had gone to the bank and left some cash in my console. The cash was stolen from my vehicle, can't prove it was done at the shop but my car wasn't broken into and my alarm hadn't gone off and the cash was gone. The only open access would have been at Firestone. I know I shouldn't have left anything in my car but make sure nothing of value is left or it might be gone.

Came to the store at 7.00 AM. They started working at my car after 30 minutes pass. I'm glad I didn't left the store. I was watching how they were doing the rotations of the tires. After he finished doing that, he started to take the oil out. I had change my oil a week ago. I didn't request to change the oil. I had to ask the manager why they were changing the oil. He said it was a mistake. Don't know if they put the oil synthetic that I had on there. Went to the dealer and they didn't put synthetic. I was the first one in the store and they took 3 hours to service a rotation and an alignment. Will be getting a lawyer because they also damage some parts in the alignment. Now when I turn is making a clicking sound. I took it to the dealer and to fix their mess I had to pay a good $1200. Definitely don't recommend this place to anyone.

My elderly husband took my 2013 Nissan Sentra to Firestone at Lakeland Mall on US 98 on Wednesday February 18, 2017 for an oil change. They told him he also had to get an alignment right away and mentioned that the clutch looked burned out on their paperwork after it was done. I was barely able to drive the car; when I pressed the gas there was no acceleration. I made an appointment with Nissan and they said the clutch was burned out. There had been no problem with the clutch, the alignment was totally unnecessary and it is my opinion that they sabotaged my car. I do not think I can ever prove that they did this, but I can say that they took advantage of my elderly husband, forced him to get a $169 alignment when he just went in for an oil change, and my clutch which worked when he took it in did not work when he left. It is my opinion that the intent was to damage the clutch and then charge for repairing it.

These people are liars and will try to drain you for every single penny they can get. They lied telling us the work on our car would be $700 max only to raise it to $900 and they NEVER even fixed the car. They didn't even check the car out before changing this one part to see what the problems actually were. So, thanks to their non-generosity we are in more dire circumstances now, but do you think they care? They lied a lot, so I highly doubt it. Now, we are without a vehicle when the person who owns it needs to be able to get to his job, but they don't care about that. I mean, they did STEAL another $200 from us after all.

Unfortunately my husband went to pick up the vehicle without me or I would have raised all kinds of you know what. They also lied about how long it would take them to do the work. This place is full of liars and money hungry distasteful jerks. NEVER will I EVER go to them again and I'll warn everyone else against it as well. I will also be looking towards talking to their overall supervisor for their employee's complete ineptitude and incompetence.

Dropped off tire Saturday before noon. Was told it would be available by end of day. Hadn't heard anything, called to check close to 5pm. Was told it would be ready by 7pm. Called before 7pm to say I wouldn't be able to pick it up by 7pm but asked, "would it be possible to get tires rotated since I had one replaced?" Answer: "yes, but we have some appointments in the morning. Can you come in a little later in the day?" My answer: "ok, sounds good." (That would be Sunday.)

I came to Firestone of Branford on Sunday after 1pm (tire should have been replaced Saturday night). The woman behind the counter waiting on a customer impatiently puts two callers on hold that no one ever gets back to. She asks who is next and I say, "me, but you can pick up those calls if you'd need to." She looks at the phone, kind of chuckles, grunts and turns to me and says, "no, let's go." They eventually hung up.

She begins looking for my tire. She can't find it anywhere. Time passes. She elicits others help. No one can find my tire. I literally have to step into the repair area to point out my tire from 100 feet away. NO ONE HAD DONE ANYTHING TO MY TIRE EXCEPT MISPLACE IT. I walked out. Dee (the woman managing the desk) called me 20 minutes later to tell me the tire was ready.

Of course, I'm driving on my donut. So, I drive into the Firestone parking area. Come in, pay for and take possession of my tire. I immediately carry the tire to my car and begin jacking my car up to change the new tire for the donut right there in the Firestone parking lot. NO ONE SAYS A WORD. No, "may I help you Mr. **." Dee actually came outside at one point to have a cigarette, looked straight at me. Didn't say anything. This is after I have had several other BAD experiences with this same Firestone Complete Auto Care store and all under the supervision of Brian the store manager.

This is a review of Firestone located at: 8660 E Arapahoe Rd Englewood, CO 80112-1403. I have several cars. I bought all my tires from the same Firestone store. I also purchased additional services such as road hazard warranty and lifetime tire rotation and wheel alignment from the same store. I routinely take my cars to rotate tires and check and do the alignment if needed. They told me that they could not do the alignment of two of my cars. One Windstar and the other is Camry which has less than 26K miles.

Firestone told me that I must replace the inner and outer tie rods which is a total of close to $1000. I took the ford to the ford dealer and I took the Camry to the Toyota dealer. Both dealers told me nothing is wrong with the cars and "we can do the alignment for you if you wish." I went back to Firestone and told them what the dealers told me and gave them the written diagnostics the dealer performed and documented in writing. Firestone still insisted that it cannot be done. I chatted with firestone corporate and will see what happens. They gave me reference number for the file for the Windstar is **. The reference number for the Toyota is going to be **. The service manager is nice but so far, I have lost confidence of them. This is rip off.

On 11/23/16 I took my 2007 Nissan Versa in for tires and alignment. On 12/26/16, when in a parking lot, my ball joint and axle broke. I had to have it towed to my regular mechanic, with over 30 years experience (but is more expensive with tires only), who found a couple of other issues that prove it would have been impossible for the alignment to have been done and it would have been impossible for them not to have seen the issue with my lower ball joints and bent strut. Through this fraud and negligence they put my life in serious danger. Contacting a lawyer.

Car was sputtering and dying. Took to Firestone. Ran diagnostics. Ended up spending $1800 on a catalytic converter... Got my car back. Still sputtering and dying. Had another mechanic at another Firestone check it out... said my oil was very dirty and very low. For some reason my change oil reading was not coming on so I didn't realize this might be a problem... added oil and problem was solved. He said it was standard procedure when you bring a car in to Firestone they check the oil. I went back to the Firestone that "fixed" my truck and asked him how they could missed this, but he pretty much had no answer... And they screwed me two days before Christmas. I would hope they are just incompetent and not evil.

In shopping for the best price on oil changes, I found that Firestone was promoting a $15 rebate. I took TWO vehicles in for the change (not in violation of the rebate terms), obtained the rebate form at the close of the transaction and sent them in with the required original receipt provided by the Service Center at the close of each transaction. I received two post cards, presumably one for each transaction that stated that my submission would not be honored because I did not submit the required "original receipt." When I went back to Firestone, I was told that what they had given me were the "original receipts." Phone calls to the rebate center put me in endless phone menu loops and I was never able to speak with a person.

All in all, a very time consuming and frustrating experience. The takeaway... Don't shop Firestone based on a rebate. You will never receive your rebate and will spend inordinate time and experience extreme frustration in pursuing it. Essentially Firestone "baited" me to make a purchase stating that it would cost "X" and when it came time to pay, the price had increased by approximately %30! To add insult to injury, I was able to contact Firestone corporate (not anyone actually dealing with rebates). The representative seemed very sympathetic, agreed that it sounded to be very fraudulent and promised that I would receive a phone call "within 24 hrs." Of course no one ever called. So much for Harvey Firestone's credo of fair dealing posted in the Service Center waiting room.

I took my 2003 Grand Prix in for an oil change at the Firestone in Mesa, Arizona, they told me that the plugs and wires needed to be replaced. I informed them that it had been less than two years since I had that done, and suddenly it was OK, but the number 6 plug wire broke when they did a check of the plugs and wires. I was told they replaced it for free since the tune up was less than two years old. I found out today that they did not replace that broken wire. There were 2600 misfires on number 6 cylinder in the computer memory. How can you run a business like this? Screwing customers over for a few dollars when the customer is a 4 year customer with 5 cars going there for tires and oil changes! Seems stupid to do that and risk losing the customer for life!

On Friday, December 9, I rolled into the Firestone dealership in Wheaton, IL, at 2:35 p.m. with a flat tire. Had to wait 5 HOURS to get it fixed. Left at 7:30 p.m. I thought they worked on Tires??? 5 HOURS.

BEWARE: Shop manager Todd is very arrogant. It's as if he feels he is doing you a favor. We came in to have the brake fluid and rotors replaced on my wife's car when we were told we needed 4 tires. Since this Firestone passed the car for inspection 2 months prior we spoke to Todd about it prior to purchasing the tires. When we asked Todd he said that when they fail cars for bad tires on inspections it raises red flags with the state. So my response was "it's either a safety issue or it's not. Why would you be dishonest because of what the state might think?" The guy had the nerve to say to my wife with me standing there "If you were my wife I'd make sure your tires weren't bald." I had to pray to myself and think of my family, freedom, and job to keep me from acting ignorant. So when we looked at the tires the outer tread was fine. It was the inner tread that was worn, but not "bald".

So I asked him if he was married and he said he was and he takes care of his wife's car. Then I told him "but you're a mechanic". I said this because I wanted to see if this guy had any idea he just insulted a customer, but his arrogance may have blocked that feeling. We will not patronize FIRESTONE, Hampton VA again. I was on the fence about writing you guys but I realize this guy does not appreciate his position.

INCOMPETENT AND LAZY, brought my 99 Blazer to these people 2 months ago because the 4WD wasn't working, they kept my truck for 3 DAYS!!! Replaced a $400 part and gave it back to me saying it was fixed. 2 months later it snows. I try to get into 4WD, it doesn't work. These people just sold me some part I didn't need. Kept my truck for way too long (LAZY) and didn't even check to see if they actually fixed the 4WD (INCOMPETENT).

So I call a week ahead to get an appointment to have it looked at again, today I dropped off my truck at 10am at which point I told them I needed it back by their closing time 5pm, and they said they would get it in and look at it quickly. I call them at 2:00 pm they haven't even looked at it (LAZY), I drive to the shop at 3:00 pm and it is still in the parking lot (LAZY). I go in and tell them I want my car back, where I asked them WTF is the point of getting a 10am appointment if they won't look at it for 5 hours?

Where the receptionist tells me that it was just about to be pulled in (**) and that it would have gotten fixed by 5 pm (**), she tried to tell me that they could diagnose and fix a problem in 2 hours that they couldn't figure out in 3 DAYS, 2 months before (INCOMPETENT). Then when I have made my displeasure known the receptionist suggest that I might have "done something" to the truck so it wouldn't work. If I did my job half as bad as these people I wouldn't have one.

I have gone to Firestone for years for alignments and inspections. Little to no issues have ever happened, until recently I had a flat repair done at the Banksville store in Pittsburgh. I normally don't let them touch my tires as I have them done elsewhere but I couldn't drive far so I choose them. In the process they have damaged two rims on my car. I drive a 2013 Dodge Challenger and the rims are not cheap, because the tech wasn't paying attention or was not properly taught, he cracked the face of two rims which have a plastic chrome on them, these are not wheel covers, but rather considered chrome clad rims.

I had brought this up with Jeff the store manager, and he acknowledged that it happened and had talked to the tech about it. He also has promised to replace them. That was three months ago, each time I attempt to get ahold of him to try to resolve this it fails. He's either busy, or forgot, or something happened and he again promises to get them. This has been three months of this and I finally resorted to go and complain to the company. This hasn't been the only angering thing about the situation. I found out recently by the dealership that certain things need to be reset on newer cars when an alignment is completed. If they are not issues arise with the cars safety system. I have a lifetime alignment with them, and they do not know how or even possess the tools to reset these systems. They are vital to the car's operation. I now have to let the dealership fix my car to correct this and cannot believe the "ASE" techs they are suppose to have would do this.

I can't speak for every situation, or car, or person at firestone, I have seen good techs who's knowledge of cars is excellent. However this issue over a simple flat repair has gone too far and now they have lost myself, and my family who trusted Firestone to work on our vehicles. I want things done right when it comes to my car, I understand mistakes happen but this has proven to me that you get what you pay for. I will never return to Firestone for another repair, I don't make a lot of money, but I'd rather spend my hard earned money on service that gets done right the first time, and by techs who know my car!

This location did not pass health inspection and was interviewed by channel WSB TV in 2016. I have gotten into arguments with a drive-thru employee who is horrible to customers. She told me in order to use 2 coupons that I had to drive thru a second time. Why not ring it on separate orders? These coupons should have been valid. I called corporate office twice this year for two reasons. The first was they had a broken frappe machine this summer for 7 weeks. It was fixed the next day after the complaint. The second was that they did not honor a coupon this past week making me pay full price. I use this location daily for coffee and frappes. It is one mile from my house and I will drive 6 miles to go to another location... or perhaps another restaurant name altogether. I do not go inside this restaurant for any reason and am actually afraid to. I do know they scored a low grade for cleanliness which is on the channel 2 site. Be careful.

Today I went to Firestone for an oil change and was read a list of recommended repairs. The girl that read the list said I had an axle boot ripped open. When I asked to see the boot, I found that there was nothing wrong with it at all. The boot was simply seeping grease as is expected on my 2004 Pilot. I called the manager to the front and explained how I was lied to and taken advantage of by his employees.

After investigating further, the mechanic admitted he had misrepresented the severity of the boot damage and apologized. The girl in the front of the store never apologized for exaggerating an already exaggerated lie. The manager in the store at the time apologized and said it was a mistake. It wasn't a mistake. It was intentional and they got caught in a lie. What they did is unethical, illegal, and criminal. I will be calling the store manager tomorrow to tell him about this issue but I will also be leaving reviews concerning my experience. I've worked with them for 8 years. What else have they recommended that wasn't necessary??? Beware of the Firestone Auto Center in Smyrna off Sam Ridley!!

On Nov 30 my daughter took my car to Firestone in Roanoke Rapids, NC in order to have a new tire put on and an alignment, as it had failed inspection for the tire the day before. She figured she'd just have the inspection done there to make it easier. When the tire and alignment were done, the tech came out and said it would not pass inspection because the car needed a new serpentine belt.

First off, this isn't even part of the inspection process. Secondly, the car had been inspected the day before and the ONLY thing wrong was the front tire. He then told her he could replace it and it would be $120! She called me distraught. I told her absolutely not to have it done. This was an obvious attempt to get more money for a service that wasn't needed. She told him no, this isn't in the budget so he took it down to $80. Still a no. So because he'd already stated it wouldn't pass, failed the car for steering! Took it first thing this morning to a certified inspection station and the guy who works on our cars. He checked the belt, it's FINE. Car passed with no problems. I think because she was a young female she was targeted, and this was an obvious case of fraud. I'll never take another vehicle to Firestone again.

I called Firestone to make an appointment to get new tires put on. They gave me a great quote so I figured why not? I told them I would be waiting there until my car was done, which I was told a 2 hour wait. On the day of my appointment I called to verify the time. When I called, I was told that I did not show up for my appointment last week and that they called multiple times to see if I was coming. I told them that I never got a call or voice-mail from anyone at Firestone, which he then seemed to skip over and asked when I wanted to come in. I told them today since this is the day I originally made my appointment for. I then get told that I cannot wait for my car to be done and that I would have to drop it off. I said "what time will you be done. I can't drop the car off." They said hopefully sometime before 5. Overall the attitude and rudeness that I experienced has been such a headache that I will not be going there for tires or oil changes again.

Complain about one of the service advisors Clayton. I came to the store this afternoon this evening about my tire leaking air. I did not have my receipt with me when I had purchased the tires. They began searching on the computer for the information couldn't find it. That was okay but he started raising his voice telling me that he did not sell any of those tires. I have been in that store on several occasions. Even have had experience with him. He was totally disrespectful and that he'd never sold any of those tires but one in the last five or six month. I called him back after finding my receipt. I'm not sure what the issue was but I am so hurt disappointed at the service I received. I don't know what he was showing off because youth lady behind the counter with little poodle. I will no longer be going to Firestone for any of your services.

I needed brakes for my 2007 Avalon Limited. Firestone had done my front brakes so I just returned to them to have the back brakes done. What I find very disappointing is that just had my brakes done in April of this year and had to have not only my back brakes redone but my front brakes as well. I can kind of understand wanting an upsale, but they tried to sell me new tires and I just purchased the tires the year before, then my battery was no good. I had questioned them that since they had replaced my brakes they make noise all the time, it was nothing that they did. It was because my car had ceramic breaks. It is strange that after just getting home and putting my car in reverse there is no noise which I was assured that the noise was because my brakes were ceramic.

I think something needs to be done about the quality of work that is done there. Training needs to take place or they need to be fined. If you go back and read in complaints I am not the only one that has had problems with Firestone. Word of mouth is the best advertisement any business can have. I cannot recommend Firestone to anyone for any reason.

Went to get a tire plugged that was going flat. I was told that they were too busy and put air in the tire and was told to come back later. I went back the next day and again was told, "too busy, make an appointment". Went home and called to make an appointment to get my flat tire plugged and I was told that I would have to drop the car off for the day and that they would plug the tire if they had time. Sorry excuse for a tire store. I will never ever return to a Firestone again.

Made an appointment for a state inspection. Didn't seem to matter since I still waited an hour to complete a ten minute job. Was told that the ball joints were okay but it needed a front wheel bearing. I returned to my garage and completed the job over the next few weeks. Returned 30 days later and again made an appointment but still waited an hour. It was beyond the grace period so had to pay again and wait for them to go over it again. This time was told that both front ball joints were bad despite having only driven it 17 miles since the last inspection. Mechanics were either incompetent and fraudulent. Will be contacting the corporate office and the Missouri State Highway Patrol to file complaint and may proceed with claim against company.

I was trying to get the small town feel. I had tires I had purchased online delivered to the Ridgmar Mall location in Fort Worth Tx. I went to have them installed after calling and talking to a real nice man named Darrell. I get to the location he is not in and I dealt with a woman named Lisa and a guy named Randall. They tried to tell me all my lug bolts were bad. Granted I bought a used car and some broke one of the bolts off. They quoted 121.00 for that. I opted out and told them to replace the tires only. "We can replace those ourselves for 6.79 a bolt." I understand labor but really. So we leave to let them work on the car and they call about 15 minutes later and tell me all the bolts and lugs were bad.

Randall said he would have to extract the tires. I was like no. It was going to be almost close to 700.00 by the time they extracted my tires no. I say always get a second opinion. I took my car to a local shop been in business for 28 years. 88.00 dollars later tires changed and the bolt is replaced as well. Don't trust big corporations with your money. It is a scam. I may have been born at night but not last night. I felt like they were just trying to get money out of me and saw a sucker. I would have in the past just let them do it but I have learned over the years. If they are pointing out issues they are trying to scam you. Thank you Garcia's Tire in Azle Tx for being honest and reputable and not taking advantage of another human being. Way to go small business.

I took my 2016 sports car in for the 1st oil change to my local Firestone (being as I have an account, and had good service on my other cars). I was getting my car ready for my Daughters homecoming parade which my car was entered. Mins after dropping my car off I got a call saying "please come back to shop!" Once I arrived I noticed a DENT in my bumper. They said that some other customer had hit my car, but they will fix it. The local shop put in a claim to corporate Firestone, and told me someone would contact me 3-5 business days. IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK, AND YET A WORD FROM THE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT! I've called corporate twice only to get the response "someone will contact you". I've missed my Daughters parade due to damage, and Firestone has just LOST a longtime customer!!!

Compare Auto Service and Repair