Firestone Service Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am part Hispanic, part Indian, part ** male. The lady that waited on me and the manager ran several customers ahead of me on the waiting list. I got to the Firestone (6102 Slide, Lubbock, TX) before several other customers and they ran them ahead of me. I waited for 2 1/2 hours and they did not even move my pickup! Was it my clothes? Was it my hat? Is it the color of my skin? Why am I not good enough for Firestone?

Firestone Service Center, Farmington Ave Bristol Ct. rated this 5 stars by Tire Rack. BIG MISTAKE. Purchased 4 Continental tires thru Tire Rack and this Firestone SC was one of the installers recommended within my area. Made an appointment and the earliest they can accommodate me was Sunday at 1000hrs. We arrive about 15 minutes before the designated time and after the preliminary discussions with the salesperson the service technician took the car in to have the 4 new tires balanced and mounted. An hour and 15 later the salesperson called my name to discuss the issue of 2 stripped lug bolts with stripped threads. I asked him if I could see the problem bolts and showed it. I noticed that the 4 new tires were already in their designated rims and mounted in the car.

I told the technician that this was not right because when I mounted the nuts I usually hand turn them until they're halfway in then I use the lug wrench in sequence at least 3 times in each nut until they're tight. To make long story short we are charged exactly $463 and 3 hours later. I am old and retired and don't have that kind of money to give away on other people greeds. If this is what most older retired folks will encounter while getting their vehicle service by a well known brand like Firestone, then God help us all because the service nowadays are horrible- nobody takes pride on what they do.

On Friday the 28 April 2017 while I was returning home from work I noticed my brake pedal was very soft. I pulled into my driveway and parked my 2004 Yukon Denali. While the car was still running, my brake caution light was displayed on my dash. I turned the car off and checked the brake reservoir. It was empty. I looked under the driver's side of the car and noticed my brake lines were corroded and one of them was completely ruptured. I now had a large amount of brake oil under my car. I called GEICO emergency road service on Saturday the 29 April 2017 and they quickly arranged my car to be towed to Firestone Complete Auto Care by the Honolulu Towing company. Once on site, the assistant manager Mr. **, told me they would look into in a few hours and call me back. I left the car in their possession at 1011 am under work order **.

Since I didn't receive a call that afternoon, I called them at 5pm. He told me they would work on it first thing on Sunday the 30 April 2017. At 0932 on Sunday I received a call from Assistant Manager Service Advisor (**) from number 808-263-2009. He told me his mechanic was uncomfortable to replace all four of the corroded brake lines since they run close to the car frame. He then told me they serviced the reservoir and that the brakes were working. To be clear, they noticed that one of the brake lines were corroded to the point of rupturing and just topped off the oil reservoir. He then told me the car was "drivable" and that I should take it to the dealership for repair.

This shop is a certified safety inspection station for Hawaii as well. Telling a consumer that it was safe to drive this automobile across the island to the only GMC repair shop knowing the brake line was ruptured is completely unprofessional and unsafe to the general public. I'm still in shock. After telling my story to GEICO emergency road assistance representative, they arranged my car to be towed tomorrow 01 May 2017 at 1030 from this Firestone Complete Auto Care shop in Kailua to the GMC repair shop in Honolulu. They were also amazed that an assistant manager would recommend to a consumer to drive a vehicle with a known ruptured brake line across the island (approx 25 miles) for a dealership repair. GEICO overwhelmingly agreed with me to NOT drive my Yukon with a known ruptured brake line. The GMC service department is closed on Sundays which is why we arranged my car to be towed on Monday.

I called the service advisor back at this Firestone shop today to let him know that I was not going to drive my car across the island with a leaking brake system. I also told him GEICO was willing to pay for my SECOND towing evolution since they decided it was too hard to replace 4 corroded brake lines since his mechanics felt "uncomfortable". He then responded to me that was fine and hung up the phone. Much Aloha!

Very disappointed. I've been a loyal Firestone customer for years. I brought my car in and asked for a full inspection because I needed it to be ready to make a 400 mile round trip to visit my mother for Easter. They did about $600 of work on my car on Saturday, tell me I'm good to go. Sunday, I'm driving down I-95, going about 70 miles an hour, suddenly, my steering wheel starts shaking uncontrollably. I'm terrified, wondering what's happening. I hear a loud pop noise and my car starts skidding to a halt. I almost get rear-ended by the driver behind me, he has to swerve to avoid hitting me. I desperately try to change lanes without being hit by the drivers speeding around me, even though my car will barely move.

My husband had to miss Easter with his family to come help me (I know how to change a tire but I have severe carpal tunnel and problems with gripping things so I was worried I wouldn't be able to tighten the lug nuts tight enough) and missed getting to see his grandma who is in stage 4 liver failure and probably will not make it to another Easter.

The next day, I brought my car in to explain the entire ordeal. The manager was horrible. Completely nonchalant about the whole thing. He actually said to me, "Look it's nobody's fault." No, dude, it is unequivocally YOUR FAULT. I bring my car in and ask you to make it safe to drive and you leave me with a car that is NOT SAFE TO DRIVE, that is your fault. I called the corporate complaint number and currently have an open case. I was supposed to hear from the area manager within 24 hours (which would have been by 10 am today) but have not gotten a call from him. I'm going to call my case worker back.

I am extremely disturbed by the company's horrible response to this situation. It says a lot more about a company how they handle their mistakes than how they are when things are good. I've always used Firestone for major repairs. I've bought tires for them for all of my vehicles for the last 15 years. I am so angry about how this whole situation has been handled that I never want to use them again. If my car breaks down in front of a Firestone, I will pay to have it towed somewhere else. Don't trust these people to fix your car.

Service at Firestone 1458 El Camino Real Redwood City, CA 94063. I received fake report on alignment on 04.17.2017. The report was dated at 10:42AM, 04.17.2017. My daughter called there for the first time at 11:13. They blamed computer for wrong time. Computer is silent, the humans manage computers. After my daughter left car at 12:23 women from that Firestone called me after 1 hour and 10 min at 1:33pm and said alignment, balancing, tire replacement was done. They wrote my VIN number on the alignment report and used someone's posted as my alignment report.

I said for that short time it is impossible to done all work and asked for manager. She said manager on vacation. I called after few minutes and man who picked up phone said manager is busy and talking to other customers. After some time the manager called me with caller ID not showing private number and I heard that I expected -- a lot of excuses. Except replaced tire, they did nothing and requested money for alignment, balancing and replace tires. If you want to be foolished -- welcome to Firestone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Went to the Queensbury, NY Firestone store (manager Fred **) for a oil change on a Toyota Camry which is a company car. Specifically told the manager, Fred, three times that's all we wanted because the car is being turned in for a new one. Went to pick up car and he had put 4 brand new tires on the vehicle, never called us for a heads up. Because it was a fleet car he thought that he could make some money and get the tires approved through fleet, which he did. We told him that the car was being traded in in 2 weeks but he did not listen. He was rude and unprofessional and until we get an apology I will continue to give him negative rating on social media.

Ask to see the old tires and when he brought them out they look good. I measured the tread depth and they wasn't even close to being illegal (when do 4 tires wear at the same rate). I will never go back to Firestone and the company has escalated it and his store will be put on notice. When we picked up the tires he told us the old ones were gone... How convenient. Fred, with his grin thinks this is funny... I don't think so... Firestone unprofessional and rude, robbed a company.

I have been going to Firestone for years for everything from inspections, tires, oil changes, etc. I recently took my vehicle in for a free brake inspection feeling positive they were getting close. I was informed that to replace rotors and pads would cost over $1,300. I did not have that kind of money and was expecting to pay roughly $300, with the sale they were running and the information listed on my very recent inspection.

My friend said we would get the parts and do the job ourselves. I've never done brakes but would learn to save money. I purchased new rotors and pads wanting to ensure that everything was good and even all around. This cost me $277 retail. The front brakes were replaced in one hour by the two of us, the rear took a little longer because the rotors were stuck. With the help of the internet and some creative people, this took roughly 3 hours including all of the time spent on the internet!

Firestone would have gotten a better price than I did for the parts, so why would it have cost $1,300 plus??? I feel that they thought they saw a female coming who would just pay the price quoted without batting an eye. I saved over $1,000 doing the job myself and Firestone has lost a good customer. I don't even know if I feel okay to buy tires from them anymore. I am so disappointed that I finally am submitting my story to let others know what happened.

I took my 2005 Honda Element in to have a noise diagnosed from the front end at the Firestone store in Monroe, LA at 1630 Louisville Ave. I was told after the diagnosis that the issue was related to one of the front wheel bearings and it would cost $800 to replace 1 front wheel bearing. When the technician told me the price for the repair it seemed way out of line to me for the work that would be done. After I left the shop I called several other repair shops for quotes and the actual price to make this repair from these other local shops was between $250 to $350 with parts and labor. I also check multiple online repair websites for quotes and their prices were in line with the prices I was quoted between $250 to $350 for parts and labor.

I took my van to Firestone on March-22-17 for a full tune up. It was already a problem because I had a quote that I had got for a full tune up but the prices was different when I actually went in for the tune up so I question about that. So the manager gave me a somewhat of a discount but not the actual prices from the quote that was given to me from his store. So I went ahead and got the tune up and then after that my van started making noises and check engine light on my van cuts off while driving and light flicks bad odor coming from the vents when a/c is on my van stalling. When I try to crank it up leaks underneath.

I never had these problems before till after that tune up at Firestone. I call up there to talk with the store manager Dominick ** so we schedule an appointment so I took it up there. He stated that everything check out good and that I should take it to the dealer. They not willing to fix what they mess up. They broke my PCV valve and they thought I was going to pay for that part.

This is in re: to the Firestone on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena. I quit going to it a few years ago because they take too long and a couple of things they said they had fixed broke again soon after. But I decided to set up an appointment today to look at a tire with a slow leak. I mean, how hard can it be to fix a stupid tire? In the first place, don't even bother to schedule an appointment. It is *always* first come, first serve. So I had to wait for 30 minutes for them to even get to the car and look at the tire. Which they said had a nail in it and couldn't be repaired.

It's a Mercedes Benz, and an expensive tire -- you can't fix / patch a simple nail puncture? I thought all current model tires were fixable, but okay, whatever. So I told them to go ahead and put a new tire on it. They had advertised a sale online for tires for that model car for $90-some dollars. They charged me $176 for the new tire and never, ever, mentioned the word "sale". They took a further hour to put the new tire on. After over 2 hours of waiting I finally went up to the cash register and stood there snarling at the cashier lady. She mumbled a bunch of mechanic talk about why it was taking so long, so then I went outside and stood OVER the mechanic telling him I was tired of waiting and just give me the damned keys. Oh, they wanted to charge another $135 to change a headlight, but couldn't get the new headlight to work so that didn't even get done.

I got home after prying the keys out of the mechanic's paw and he had left one of the tire caps off -- and NOT on the tire I needed to have fixed, so I don't know why he was screwing around with it. AND he messed up the tire pressure all the way around so I had to let air out of all four of them to meet the spec's that were listed in writing on the door frame. I haven't mentioned the list of other ** they wanted me to have done, too, after I specifically told them I was NOT interested in a full diagnostic -- I will not never ever never go to this place again. They used to be pretty good - reasonable prices, dependable and not terribly long waiting times. That has certainly changed in the last 5 or so years, and I'll start watching the WSJ to see if they're teetering on the edge of bankruptcy too, like Sears and Penneys. Serves 'em right to be unemployed, buncha incompetent lying crooks.

I scheduled an appointment online and received an email with confirmation of the date, time and location. The supposed appointment was for 1:30 p.m. and I went through much trouble to take my vehicle at that particular time. When I arrived at the Firestone location, a worker checked my online appointment and informed me that it was for 4:30 not 1:30 even though I had a CONFIRMATION email showing 1:30. This businesses online reservation system does not work and this likely happens to other customers. It's a Poor business offering no solutions and deserving of low ratings.

Lack of disclosures and attitudes and too many mistakes. I go to the service center and after setting up an appointment I rush to meet appointment after explaining exactly my concern about steering on my car. After checking in for appointment I am informed that there will be a $30.00 review fee before checking anything on car. Common disclosure would say that if the car is going to be checked that there would be a fee. Called corporate and am waiting on response.

Firestone ripped me & wrecked a perfectly good exhaust system. I never authorized the 1726.00 hack job they did to a car I literally owned for 2 weeks, now the exhaust sits on the frame and makes a racket when I turn left, even after spending another 100.00 at another shop to correct the situation. Bob the fat, lazy and rude manager of Firestone in Pinellas Park, Florida, I can take the parts off for you, or can pay for the repair, I asked him to put the on a hoist so I could take photos of the dented muffler and all the rigged, aftermarket junk parts they put on my new car. And on top of that they have been charging 99.00 per visit for diagnostic. They were suppose to credit that fee toward the repair, and half the time I told them upfront what the problem was. I have filed charges with the police, the Better Business Bureau, the credit card company, and the corporation. I am looking for an attorney, anyone want to do a class action too?

I have a 2004 Mazda with (44123) miles that I dropped off for a routine oil change, when I went to pick it up there was one recommendation to replace the coolants. They never said there were any issues, my father had the oil changes every 3000 miles. After driving the car engine started tapping, I brought the car back for them to find the issue and the was no oil on the dipstick. The manager quickly replaced the oil and told my husband "not that it was their fault, but that may have to replaced the engine", that was four months ago. They had a third party come out and say it wasn't due to low oil pressure. They continue to focus on the wrong issue, trying to find everything else wrong with the car. I have wrote to everyone in the organization, but they continue to deny my claim. A $30 oil change has cost me a family possession. I have been a customer for over 20 yrs, they won't see me again.

Today I went to the Firestone in Laguna Hills Mall to verify if they did align my car which I brought in last week. The mechanic said it was done. How could it be done if my car still swerves to the left. Furthermore there was no report given that it was aligned. The printer was out was his reply. I told him that for years I have been bringing my car in for alignment when it swerves to the right or to the left and each time it was always corrected. This time around that did not happen. I informed the mechanic I was not coming back. "We would like you to come back." "I do not trust you," was my reply and left. I bring my car to another mechanic and when I told him about the incident, he said he has clients that said Firestone would recommend a repair and upon his inspection there was no need for it. Are they becoming crooks? And the words of the Founder says that honesty is their business. How ironic?

Was a certified master tech for 27 years. Took my 97 Chevy truck in for an alignment. Was told it needed an upper ball joint and idler arm. I had just replaced all front steering components. I went over to Firestone and checked it out myself and found nothing wrong. Told them to align front end and they did. Picked up truck, steering wheel was off to the left, they said it was because idler arm was bad (wrong). I straightened wheel myself. Also when picked up, drivers door wouldn't open and drivers window wouldn't go up. No more Firestone visits for me.

In the past we trusted Firestone to take care of our cars. We had tires put on our SUV. The lug nuts were not put on tight enough causing lug stems to break at frost. I did not know this. I drove to Alabama from West Virginia. My daughter borrowed my SUV. She was surprised I made it there. Took it back to get it fixed. Same thing happened again the third time after supposing it was finally fix. We were taking it back the tire falls off on the road. Two guys who saw it happen got it back on their response. We were lying we should have sued. We were dumb and had our oil changed there a month ago. I had it back three times which I thought was a tire problem. I told them about light on dashboard kept flashing. They could not find anything. I was worried took car somewhere else. It was short 4 quarts of oil. It could have destroyed our car. Never going back again.

I went to Firestone to check the sound which was coming from the Front right Side whenever I go to a bumpy road. The sound was very annoying and was disturbing a lot. I paid the 10$ amount to get complete car inspection and they recommended me to get the Engine mounts replaced and provided me with estimated cost of 1120$. As I got the car recently from one of my friend, I thought to give it some more day before I make the decision of getting it fixed.

Two days later my car started behaving abnormally and the noise which was very less earlier it increased like hell. Now the noise was there every time even when I am driving on a smooth road with normal gaps or bumps. Earlier the noise was not that much and not also very frequent. I am sure that Firestone guys did something with my car and broken the system which was running fine earlier. The noise which was coming has now increased a lot and really making it impossible to drive.

Made an appointment with Firestone for a routine oil change and front end alignment that I paid a lifetime for. Number one if you don't want to give customers satisfaction you should not sell something you give poor customer service for. I have had nothing but problems after I bought the lifetime of front end alignments. Dropped my car off at 10. Called at 2:30 and they said "yes your car is almost done." Once I get there they asked if I wanted my tire fixed that had a nail in it. I said sure. After 3:30 now saw my car leave the lift and garage and they told me it will be another hour before it is done. Why would I come up there to sit for 2 hours. They are liars. I will call corporate for the second time and complain but will do as least business as possible in the future there. That is not including the $600 in work they said I needed. NOT.

Bottom line they refused to do the front end alignment and lied and said I cussed them out. I did not cuss them out. I said "I did not come back up here to sit all day." They are crazy and will not get in trouble at all. The worst thing I said was "this is ** to sit here for 2 hours." I will come back and they refused to do it. Watch out Yellow Brick Road in Rosedale. I won't be back there ever again.

The Richmond VA store (which just opened) on West Broad St. is a total ripoff. They charged me $40 to fix a flat tire. Anywhere else in Richmond it's $25. They made an estimate without ever looking at the tire and amazingly enough after they fixed a simple leak, it cost exactly what the estimate was. So they set you up and then rip you off. And on top of that, the people behind the service desk are rude and have a "I don't care" attitude. I will NEVER go there again and believe me I will tell all of my friends to stay away from these crooks.

Took my car in for inspection. Fail car for light bulb. Ok put one in. My husband looks at the car Saturday. My brake light out. Had to go to AutoZone and of course buy one. Was stop by cop. Had to show him my papers I just came from store. They act as though they are the only ones with job. Like you are disrupting their time. Don't know about greeting the customer and charge a ton of money. Then I expect service.

Went in to have a headlight replaced since it requires a little more to replace in the Ford Fusion and needed it done since I had been pulled up for that. I dropped off the vehicle and went next door and ate lunch. About 45 minutes later returned expecting my car. They went on to explain that my car needed tires and a sway bar replaced. I said not today but they went on to say would take an hour to replace my head light and while I was waiting they would do a courtesy alignment check and guess what I was in desperate need of an alignment. I went on to explain that I didn't have the time today to get any of these things done.

Well finally 2 hours later and 125 dollars got my head light was changed and I was done. I went back home and did what was needed. The next day I had forgotten that I had gone to the bank and left some cash in my console. The cash was stolen from my vehicle, can't prove it was done at the shop but my car wasn't broken into and my alarm hadn't gone off and the cash was gone. The only open access would have been at Firestone. I know I shouldn't have left anything in my car but make sure nothing of value is left or it might be gone.

Came to the store at 7.00 AM. They started working at my car after 30 minutes pass. I'm glad I didn't left the store. I was watching how they were doing the rotations of the tires. After he finished doing that, he started to take the oil out. I had change my oil a week ago. I didn't request to change the oil. I had to ask the manager why they were changing the oil. He said it was a mistake. Don't know if they put the oil synthetic that I had on there. Went to the dealer and they didn't put synthetic. I was the first one in the store and they took 3 hours to service a rotation and an alignment. Will be getting a lawyer because they also damage some parts in the alignment. Now when I turn is making a clicking sound. I took it to the dealer and to fix their mess I had to pay a good $1200. Definitely don't recommend this place to anyone.

My elderly husband took my 2013 Nissan Sentra to Firestone at Lakeland Mall on US 98 on Wednesday February 18, 2017 for an oil change. They told him he also had to get an alignment right away and mentioned that the clutch looked burned out on their paperwork after it was done. I was barely able to drive the car; when I pressed the gas there was no acceleration. I made an appointment with Nissan and they said the clutch was burned out. There had been no problem with the clutch, the alignment was totally unnecessary and it is my opinion that they sabotaged my car. I do not think I can ever prove that they did this, but I can say that they took advantage of my elderly husband, forced him to get a $169 alignment when he just went in for an oil change, and my clutch which worked when he took it in did not work when he left. It is my opinion that the intent was to damage the clutch and then charge for repairing it.

These people are liars and will try to drain you for every single penny they can get. They lied telling us the work on our car would be $700 max only to raise it to $900 and they NEVER even fixed the car. They didn't even check the car out before changing this one part to see what the problems actually were. So, thanks to their non-generosity we are in more dire circumstances now, but do you think they care? They lied a lot, so I highly doubt it. Now, we are without a vehicle when the person who owns it needs to be able to get to his job, but they don't care about that. I mean, they did STEAL another $200 from us after all.

Unfortunately my husband went to pick up the vehicle without me or I would have raised all kinds of you know what. They also lied about how long it would take them to do the work. This place is full of liars and money hungry distasteful jerks. NEVER will I EVER go to them again and I'll warn everyone else against it as well. I will also be looking towards talking to their overall supervisor for their employee's complete ineptitude and incompetence.

Dropped off tire Saturday before noon. Was told it would be available by end of day. Hadn't heard anything, called to check close to 5pm. Was told it would be ready by 7pm. Called before 7pm to say I wouldn't be able to pick it up by 7pm but asked, "would it be possible to get tires rotated since I had one replaced?" Answer: "yes, but we have some appointments in the morning. Can you come in a little later in the day?" My answer: "ok, sounds good." (That would be Sunday.)

I came to Firestone of Branford on Sunday after 1pm (tire should have been replaced Saturday night). The woman behind the counter waiting on a customer impatiently puts two callers on hold that no one ever gets back to. She asks who is next and I say, "me, but you can pick up those calls if you'd need to." She looks at the phone, kind of chuckles, grunts and turns to me and says, "no, let's go." They eventually hung up.

She begins looking for my tire. She can't find it anywhere. Time passes. She elicits others help. No one can find my tire. I literally have to step into the repair area to point out my tire from 100 feet away. NO ONE HAD DONE ANYTHING TO MY TIRE EXCEPT MISPLACE IT. I walked out. Dee (the woman managing the desk) called me 20 minutes later to tell me the tire was ready.

Of course, I'm driving on my donut. So, I drive into the Firestone parking area. Come in, pay for and take possession of my tire. I immediately carry the tire to my car and begin jacking my car up to change the new tire for the donut right there in the Firestone parking lot. NO ONE SAYS A WORD. No, "may I help you Mr. **." Dee actually came outside at one point to have a cigarette, looked straight at me. Didn't say anything. This is after I have had several other BAD experiences with this same Firestone Complete Auto Care store and all under the supervision of Brian the store manager.

This is a review of Firestone located at: 8660 E Arapahoe Rd Englewood, CO 80112-1403. I have several cars. I bought all my tires from the same Firestone store. I also purchased additional services such as road hazard warranty and lifetime tire rotation and wheel alignment from the same store. I routinely take my cars to rotate tires and check and do the alignment if needed. They told me that they could not do the alignment of two of my cars. One Windstar and the other is Camry which has less than 26K miles.

Firestone told me that I must replace the inner and outer tie rods which is a total of close to $1000. I took the ford to the ford dealer and I took the Camry to the Toyota dealer. Both dealers told me nothing is wrong with the cars and "we can do the alignment for you if you wish." I went back to Firestone and told them what the dealers told me and gave them the written diagnostics the dealer performed and documented in writing. Firestone still insisted that it cannot be done. I chatted with firestone corporate and will see what happens. They gave me reference number for the file for the Windstar is **. The reference number for the Toyota is going to be **. The service manager is nice but so far, I have lost confidence of them. This is rip off.

On 11/23/16 I took my 2007 Nissan Versa in for tires and alignment. On 12/26/16, when in a parking lot, my ball joint and axle broke. I had to have it towed to my regular mechanic, with over 30 years experience (but is more expensive with tires only), who found a couple of other issues that prove it would have been impossible for the alignment to have been done and it would have been impossible for them not to have seen the issue with my lower ball joints and bent strut. Through this fraud and negligence they put my life in serious danger. Contacting a lawyer.

Car was sputtering and dying. Took to Firestone. Ran diagnostics. Ended up spending $1800 on a catalytic converter... Got my car back. Still sputtering and dying. Had another mechanic at another Firestone check it out... said my oil was very dirty and very low. For some reason my change oil reading was not coming on so I didn't realize this might be a problem... added oil and problem was solved. He said it was standard procedure when you bring a car in to Firestone they check the oil. I went back to the Firestone that "fixed" my truck and asked him how they could missed this, but he pretty much had no answer... And they screwed me two days before Christmas. I would hope they are just incompetent and not evil.

In shopping for the best price on oil changes, I found that Firestone was promoting a $15 rebate. I took TWO vehicles in for the change (not in violation of the rebate terms), obtained the rebate form at the close of the transaction and sent them in with the required original receipt provided by the Service Center at the close of each transaction. I received two post cards, presumably one for each transaction that stated that my submission would not be honored because I did not submit the required "original receipt." When I went back to Firestone, I was told that what they had given me were the "original receipts." Phone calls to the rebate center put me in endless phone menu loops and I was never able to speak with a person.

All in all, a very time consuming and frustrating experience. The takeaway... Don't shop Firestone based on a rebate. You will never receive your rebate and will spend inordinate time and experience extreme frustration in pursuing it. Essentially Firestone "baited" me to make a purchase stating that it would cost "X" and when it came time to pay, the price had increased by approximately %30! To add insult to injury, I was able to contact Firestone corporate (not anyone actually dealing with rebates). The representative seemed very sympathetic, agreed that it sounded to be very fraudulent and promised that I would receive a phone call "within 24 hrs." Of course no one ever called. So much for Harvey Firestone's credo of fair dealing posted in the Service Center waiting room.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.
  • Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.
  • Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.
  • Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.
  • Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.
  • Best for Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Compare Auto Service and Repair