Firestone Service Centers

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Took my car in for inspection. Fail car for light bulb. Ok put one in. My husband looks at the car Saturday. My brake light out. Had to go to AutoZone and of course buy one. Was stop by cop. Had to show him my papers I just came from store. They act as though they are the only ones with job. Like you are disrupting their time. Don't know about greeting the customer and charge a ton of money. Then I expect service.

Went in to have a headlight replaced since it requires a little more to replace in the Ford Fusion and needed it done since I had been pulled up for that. I dropped off the vehicle and went next door and ate lunch. About 45 minutes later returned expecting my car. They went on to explain that my car needed tires and a sway bar replaced. I said not today but they went on to say would take an hour to replace my head light and while I was waiting they would do a courtesy alignment check and guess what I was in desperate need of an alignment. I went on to explain that I didn't have the time today to get any of these things done.

Well finally 2 hours later and 125 dollars got my head light was changed and I was done. I went back home and did what was needed. The next day I had forgotten that I had gone to the bank and left some cash in my console. The cash was stolen from my vehicle, can't prove it was done at the shop but my car wasn't broken into and my alarm hadn't gone off and the cash was gone. The only open access would have been at Firestone. I know I shouldn't have left anything in my car but make sure nothing of value is left or it might be gone.

Came to the store at 7.00 AM. They started working at my car after 30 minutes pass. I'm glad I didn't left the store. I was watching how they were doing the rotations of the tires. After he finished doing that, he started to take the oil out. I had change my oil a week ago. I didn't request to change the oil. I had to ask the manager why they were changing the oil. He said it was a mistake. Don't know if they put the oil synthetic that I had on there. Went to the dealer and they didn't put synthetic. I was the first one in the store and they took 3 hours to service a rotation and an alignment. Will be getting a lawyer because they also damage some parts in the alignment. Now when I turn is making a clicking sound. I took it to the dealer and to fix their mess I had to pay a good $1200. Definitely don't recommend this place to anyone.

My elderly husband took my 2013 Nissan Sentra to Firestone at Lakeland Mall on US 98 on Wednesday February 18, 2017 for an oil change. They told him he also had to get an alignment right away and mentioned that the clutch looked burned out on their paperwork after it was done. I was barely able to drive the car; when I pressed the gas there was no acceleration. I made an appointment with Nissan and they said the clutch was burned out. There had been no problem with the clutch, the alignment was totally unnecessary and it is my opinion that they sabotaged my car. I do not think I can ever prove that they did this, but I can say that they took advantage of my elderly husband, forced him to get a $169 alignment when he just went in for an oil change, and my clutch which worked when he took it in did not work when he left. It is my opinion that the intent was to damage the clutch and then charge for repairing it.

These people are liars and will try to drain you for every single penny they can get. They lied telling us the work on our car would be $700 max only to raise it to $900 and they NEVER even fixed the car. They didn't even check the car out before changing this one part to see what the problems actually were. So, thanks to their non-generosity we are in more dire circumstances now, but do you think they care? They lied a lot, so I highly doubt it. Now, we are without a vehicle when the person who owns it needs to be able to get to his job, but they don't care about that. I mean, they did STEAL another $200 from us after all.

Unfortunately my husband went to pick up the vehicle without me or I would have raised all kinds of you know what. They also lied about how long it would take them to do the work. This place is full of liars and money hungry distasteful jerks. NEVER will I EVER go to them again and I'll warn everyone else against it as well. I will also be looking towards talking to their overall supervisor for their employee's complete ineptitude and incompetence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Dropped off tire Saturday before noon. Was told it would be available by end of day. Hadn't heard anything, called to check close to 5pm. Was told it would be ready by 7pm. Called before 7pm to say I wouldn't be able to pick it up by 7pm but asked, "would it be possible to get tires rotated since I had one replaced?" Answer: "yes, but we have some appointments in the morning. Can you come in a little later in the day?" My answer: "ok, sounds good." (That would be Sunday.)

I came to Firestone of Branford on Sunday after 1pm (tire should have been replaced Saturday night). The woman behind the counter waiting on a customer impatiently puts two callers on hold that no one ever gets back to. She asks who is next and I say, "me, but you can pick up those calls if you'd need to." She looks at the phone, kind of chuckles, grunts and turns to me and says, "no, let's go." They eventually hung up.

She begins looking for my tire. She can't find it anywhere. Time passes. She elicits others help. No one can find my tire. I literally have to step into the repair area to point out my tire from 100 feet away. NO ONE HAD DONE ANYTHING TO MY TIRE EXCEPT MISPLACE IT. I walked out. Dee (the woman managing the desk) called me 20 minutes later to tell me the tire was ready.

Of course, I'm driving on my donut. So, I drive into the Firestone parking area. Come in, pay for and take possession of my tire. I immediately carry the tire to my car and begin jacking my car up to change the new tire for the donut right there in the Firestone parking lot. NO ONE SAYS A WORD. No, "may I help you Mr. **." Dee actually came outside at one point to have a cigarette, looked straight at me. Didn't say anything. This is after I have had several other BAD experiences with this same Firestone Complete Auto Care store and all under the supervision of Brian the store manager.

This is a review of Firestone located at: 8660 E Arapahoe Rd Englewood, CO 80112-1403. I have several cars. I bought all my tires from the same Firestone store. I also purchased additional services such as road hazard warranty and lifetime tire rotation and wheel alignment from the same store. I routinely take my cars to rotate tires and check and do the alignment if needed. They told me that they could not do the alignment of two of my cars. One Windstar and the other is Camry which has less than 26K miles.

Firestone told me that I must replace the inner and outer tie rods which is a total of close to $1000. I took the ford to the ford dealer and I took the Camry to the Toyota dealer. Both dealers told me nothing is wrong with the cars and "we can do the alignment for you if you wish." I went back to Firestone and told them what the dealers told me and gave them the written diagnostics the dealer performed and documented in writing. Firestone still insisted that it cannot be done. I chatted with firestone corporate and will see what happens. They gave me reference number for the file for the Windstar is **. The reference number for the Toyota is going to be **. The service manager is nice but so far, I have lost confidence of them. This is rip off.

On 11/23/16 I took my 2007 Nissan Versa in for tires and alignment. On 12/26/16, when in a parking lot, my ball joint and axle broke. I had to have it towed to my regular mechanic, with over 30 years experience (but is more expensive with tires only), who found a couple of other issues that prove it would have been impossible for the alignment to have been done and it would have been impossible for them not to have seen the issue with my lower ball joints and bent strut. Through this fraud and negligence they put my life in serious danger. Contacting a lawyer.

Car was sputtering and dying. Took to Firestone. Ran diagnostics. Ended up spending $1800 on a catalytic converter... Got my car back. Still sputtering and dying. Had another mechanic at another Firestone check it out... said my oil was very dirty and very low. For some reason my change oil reading was not coming on so I didn't realize this might be a problem... added oil and problem was solved. He said it was standard procedure when you bring a car in to Firestone they check the oil. I went back to the Firestone that "fixed" my truck and asked him how they could missed this, but he pretty much had no answer... And they screwed me two days before Christmas. I would hope they are just incompetent and not evil.

In shopping for the best price on oil changes, I found that Firestone was promoting a $15 rebate. I took TWO vehicles in for the change (not in violation of the rebate terms), obtained the rebate form at the close of the transaction and sent them in with the required original receipt provided by the Service Center at the close of each transaction. I received two post cards, presumably one for each transaction that stated that my submission would not be honored because I did not submit the required "original receipt." When I went back to Firestone, I was told that what they had given me were the "original receipts." Phone calls to the rebate center put me in endless phone menu loops and I was never able to speak with a person.

All in all, a very time consuming and frustrating experience. The takeaway... Don't shop Firestone based on a rebate. You will never receive your rebate and will spend inordinate time and experience extreme frustration in pursuing it. Essentially Firestone "baited" me to make a purchase stating that it would cost "X" and when it came time to pay, the price had increased by approximately %30! To add insult to injury, I was able to contact Firestone corporate (not anyone actually dealing with rebates). The representative seemed very sympathetic, agreed that it sounded to be very fraudulent and promised that I would receive a phone call "within 24 hrs." Of course no one ever called. So much for Harvey Firestone's credo of fair dealing posted in the Service Center waiting room.

I took my 2003 Grand Prix in for an oil change at the Firestone in Mesa, Arizona, they told me that the plugs and wires needed to be replaced. I informed them that it had been less than two years since I had that done, and suddenly it was OK, but the number 6 plug wire broke when they did a check of the plugs and wires. I was told they replaced it for free since the tune up was less than two years old. I found out today that they did not replace that broken wire. There were 2600 misfires on number 6 cylinder in the computer memory. How can you run a business like this? Screwing customers over for a few dollars when the customer is a 4 year customer with 5 cars going there for tires and oil changes! Seems stupid to do that and risk losing the customer for life!

On Friday, December 9, I rolled into the Firestone dealership in Wheaton, IL, at 2:35 p.m. with a flat tire. Had to wait 5 HOURS to get it fixed. Left at 7:30 p.m. I thought they worked on Tires??? 5 HOURS.

BEWARE: Shop manager Todd is very arrogant. It's as if he feels he is doing you a favor. We came in to have the brake fluid and rotors replaced on my wife's car when we were told we needed 4 tires. Since this Firestone passed the car for inspection 2 months prior we spoke to Todd about it prior to purchasing the tires. When we asked Todd he said that when they fail cars for bad tires on inspections it raises red flags with the state. So my response was "it's either a safety issue or it's not. Why would you be dishonest because of what the state might think?" The guy had the nerve to say to my wife with me standing there "If you were my wife I'd make sure your tires weren't bald." I had to pray to myself and think of my family, freedom, and job to keep me from acting ignorant. So when we looked at the tires the outer tread was fine. It was the inner tread that was worn, but not "bald".

So I asked him if he was married and he said he was and he takes care of his wife's car. Then I told him "but you're a mechanic". I said this because I wanted to see if this guy had any idea he just insulted a customer, but his arrogance may have blocked that feeling. We will not patronize FIRESTONE, Hampton VA again. I was on the fence about writing you guys but I realize this guy does not appreciate his position.

INCOMPETENT AND LAZY, brought my 99 Blazer to these people 2 months ago because the 4WD wasn't working, they kept my truck for 3 DAYS!!! Replaced a $400 part and gave it back to me saying it was fixed. 2 months later it snows. I try to get into 4WD, it doesn't work. These people just sold me some part I didn't need. Kept my truck for way too long (LAZY) and didn't even check to see if they actually fixed the 4WD (INCOMPETENT).

So I call a week ahead to get an appointment to have it looked at again, today I dropped off my truck at 10am at which point I told them I needed it back by their closing time 5pm, and they said they would get it in and look at it quickly. I call them at 2:00 pm they haven't even looked at it (LAZY), I drive to the shop at 3:00 pm and it is still in the parking lot (LAZY). I go in and tell them I want my car back, where I asked them WTF is the point of getting a 10am appointment if they won't look at it for 5 hours?

Where the receptionist tells me that it was just about to be pulled in (**) and that it would have gotten fixed by 5 pm (**), she tried to tell me that they could diagnose and fix a problem in 2 hours that they couldn't figure out in 3 DAYS, 2 months before (INCOMPETENT). Then when I have made my displeasure known the receptionist suggest that I might have "done something" to the truck so it wouldn't work. If I did my job half as bad as these people I wouldn't have one.

I have gone to Firestone for years for alignments and inspections. Little to no issues have ever happened, until recently I had a flat repair done at the Banksville store in Pittsburgh. I normally don't let them touch my tires as I have them done elsewhere but I couldn't drive far so I choose them. In the process they have damaged two rims on my car. I drive a 2013 Dodge Challenger and the rims are not cheap, because the tech wasn't paying attention or was not properly taught, he cracked the face of two rims which have a plastic chrome on them, these are not wheel covers, but rather considered chrome clad rims.

I had brought this up with Jeff the store manager, and he acknowledged that it happened and had talked to the tech about it. He also has promised to replace them. That was three months ago, each time I attempt to get ahold of him to try to resolve this it fails. He's either busy, or forgot, or something happened and he again promises to get them. This has been three months of this and I finally resorted to go and complain to the company. This hasn't been the only angering thing about the situation. I found out recently by the dealership that certain things need to be reset on newer cars when an alignment is completed. If they are not issues arise with the cars safety system. I have a lifetime alignment with them, and they do not know how or even possess the tools to reset these systems. They are vital to the car's operation. I now have to let the dealership fix my car to correct this and cannot believe the "ASE" techs they are suppose to have would do this.

I can't speak for every situation, or car, or person at firestone, I have seen good techs who's knowledge of cars is excellent. However this issue over a simple flat repair has gone too far and now they have lost myself, and my family who trusted Firestone to work on our vehicles. I want things done right when it comes to my car, I understand mistakes happen but this has proven to me that you get what you pay for. I will never return to Firestone for another repair, I don't make a lot of money, but I'd rather spend my hard earned money on service that gets done right the first time, and by techs who know my car!

This location did not pass health inspection and was interviewed by channel WSB TV in 2016. I have gotten into arguments with a drive-thru employee who is horrible to customers. She told me in order to use 2 coupons that I had to drive thru a second time. Why not ring it on separate orders? These coupons should have been valid. I called corporate office twice this year for two reasons. The first was they had a broken frappe machine this summer for 7 weeks. It was fixed the next day after the complaint. The second was that they did not honor a coupon this past week making me pay full price. I use this location daily for coffee and frappes. It is one mile from my house and I will drive 6 miles to go to another location... or perhaps another restaurant name altogether. I do not go inside this restaurant for any reason and am actually afraid to. I do know they scored a low grade for cleanliness which is on the channel 2 site. Be careful.

Today I went to Firestone for an oil change and was read a list of recommended repairs. The girl that read the list said I had an axle boot ripped open. When I asked to see the boot, I found that there was nothing wrong with it at all. The boot was simply seeping grease as is expected on my 2004 Pilot. I called the manager to the front and explained how I was lied to and taken advantage of by his employees.

After investigating further, the mechanic admitted he had misrepresented the severity of the boot damage and apologized. The girl in the front of the store never apologized for exaggerating an already exaggerated lie. The manager in the store at the time apologized and said it was a mistake. It wasn't a mistake. It was intentional and they got caught in a lie. What they did is unethical, illegal, and criminal. I will be calling the store manager tomorrow to tell him about this issue but I will also be leaving reviews concerning my experience. I've worked with them for 8 years. What else have they recommended that wasn't necessary??? Beware of the Firestone Auto Center in Smyrna off Sam Ridley!!

On Nov 30 my daughter took my car to Firestone in Roanoke Rapids, NC in order to have a new tire put on and an alignment, as it had failed inspection for the tire the day before. She figured she'd just have the inspection done there to make it easier. When the tire and alignment were done, the tech came out and said it would not pass inspection because the car needed a new serpentine belt.

First off, this isn't even part of the inspection process. Secondly, the car had been inspected the day before and the ONLY thing wrong was the front tire. He then told her he could replace it and it would be $120! She called me distraught. I told her absolutely not to have it done. This was an obvious attempt to get more money for a service that wasn't needed. She told him no, this isn't in the budget so he took it down to $80. Still a no. So because he'd already stated it wouldn't pass, failed the car for steering! Took it first thing this morning to a certified inspection station and the guy who works on our cars. He checked the belt, it's FINE. Car passed with no problems. I think because she was a young female she was targeted, and this was an obvious case of fraud. I'll never take another vehicle to Firestone again.

I called Firestone to make an appointment to get new tires put on. They gave me a great quote so I figured why not? I told them I would be waiting there until my car was done, which I was told a 2 hour wait. On the day of my appointment I called to verify the time. When I called, I was told that I did not show up for my appointment last week and that they called multiple times to see if I was coming. I told them that I never got a call or voice-mail from anyone at Firestone, which he then seemed to skip over and asked when I wanted to come in. I told them today since this is the day I originally made my appointment for. I then get told that I cannot wait for my car to be done and that I would have to drop it off. I said "what time will you be done. I can't drop the car off." They said hopefully sometime before 5. Overall the attitude and rudeness that I experienced has been such a headache that I will not be going there for tires or oil changes again.

Complain about one of the service advisors Clayton. I came to the store this afternoon this evening about my tire leaking air. I did not have my receipt with me when I had purchased the tires. They began searching on the computer for the information couldn't find it. That was okay but he started raising his voice telling me that he did not sell any of those tires. I have been in that store on several occasions. Even have had experience with him. He was totally disrespectful and that he'd never sold any of those tires but one in the last five or six month. I called him back after finding my receipt. I'm not sure what the issue was but I am so hurt disappointed at the service I received. I don't know what he was showing off because youth lady behind the counter with little poodle. I will no longer be going to Firestone for any of your services.

I needed brakes for my 2007 Avalon Limited. Firestone had done my front brakes so I just returned to them to have the back brakes done. What I find very disappointing is that just had my brakes done in April of this year and had to have not only my back brakes redone but my front brakes as well. I can kind of understand wanting an upsale, but they tried to sell me new tires and I just purchased the tires the year before, then my battery was no good. I had questioned them that since they had replaced my brakes they make noise all the time, it was nothing that they did. It was because my car had ceramic breaks. It is strange that after just getting home and putting my car in reverse there is no noise which I was assured that the noise was because my brakes were ceramic.

I think something needs to be done about the quality of work that is done there. Training needs to take place or they need to be fined. If you go back and read in complaints I am not the only one that has had problems with Firestone. Word of mouth is the best advertisement any business can have. I cannot recommend Firestone to anyone for any reason.

Went to get a tire plugged that was going flat. I was told that they were too busy and put air in the tire and was told to come back later. I went back the next day and again was told, "too busy, make an appointment". Went home and called to make an appointment to get my flat tire plugged and I was told that I would have to drop the car off for the day and that they would plug the tire if they had time. Sorry excuse for a tire store. I will never ever return to a Firestone again.

Made an appointment for a state inspection. Didn't seem to matter since I still waited an hour to complete a ten minute job. Was told that the ball joints were okay but it needed a front wheel bearing. I returned to my garage and completed the job over the next few weeks. Returned 30 days later and again made an appointment but still waited an hour. It was beyond the grace period so had to pay again and wait for them to go over it again. This time was told that both front ball joints were bad despite having only driven it 17 miles since the last inspection. Mechanics were either incompetent and fraudulent. Will be contacting the corporate office and the Missouri State Highway Patrol to file complaint and may proceed with claim against company.

I was trying to get the small town feel. I had tires I had purchased online delivered to the Ridgmar Mall location in Fort Worth Tx. I went to have them installed after calling and talking to a real nice man named Darrell. I get to the location he is not in and I dealt with a woman named Lisa and a guy named Randall. They tried to tell me all my lug bolts were bad. Granted I bought a used car and some broke one of the bolts off. They quoted 121.00 for that. I opted out and told them to replace the tires only. "We can replace those ourselves for 6.79 a bolt." I understand labor but really. So we leave to let them work on the car and they call about 15 minutes later and tell me all the bolts and lugs were bad.

Randall said he would have to extract the tires. I was like no. It was going to be almost close to 700.00 by the time they extracted my tires no. I say always get a second opinion. I took my car to a local shop been in business for 28 years. 88.00 dollars later tires changed and the bolt is replaced as well. Don't trust big corporations with your money. It is a scam. I may have been born at night but not last night. I felt like they were just trying to get money out of me and saw a sucker. I would have in the past just let them do it but I have learned over the years. If they are pointing out issues they are trying to scam you. Thank you Garcia's Tire in Azle Tx for being honest and reputable and not taking advantage of another human being. Way to go small business.

I took my 2016 sports car in for the 1st oil change to my local Firestone (being as I have an account, and had good service on my other cars). I was getting my car ready for my Daughters homecoming parade which my car was entered. Mins after dropping my car off I got a call saying "please come back to shop!" Once I arrived I noticed a DENT in my bumper. They said that some other customer had hit my car, but they will fix it. The local shop put in a claim to corporate Firestone, and told me someone would contact me 3-5 business days. IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK, AND YET A WORD FROM THE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT! I've called corporate twice only to get the response "someone will contact you". I've missed my Daughters parade due to damage, and Firestone has just LOST a longtime customer!!!

What a shame. Firestone located at Arbor Place Blvd, Douglasville GA has taken care of my 2011 KIA since I bought it. Had oil changed in June, unknown to me they left it 3 quarts low when they gave it back and blew the engine. The car is sitting and has been sitting at the KIA dealership for a month now. Firestone just emailed me that they were not paying for an engine replacement. There is no accountability for this company. No ownership from the company. Didn't even go and review the car... KIA dealership says yep - burnt up oil caused a burnt engine. Luckily I have an awesome insurance company that says they will take care of me and go to Firestone themselves. Shame that a big company like Firestone feels like they basically can treat the little man with no respect.

I went into Firestone for an oil change. I was asked if I wanted the free inspection and I agreed. After an hour and 20 minutes the young lady working told me that I need new tires and a alignment. I stated that I just purchased the car and everything is running just fine. I only live around the corner from Firestone so the next morning as I was driving to work the car started pulling to the right. I called them on my break and told them what was going on.

The manager Dave told me all they did was an oil change and they couldn't have done anything to it. I told him I know how an oil change goes and when I brought it in I didn't have any problems so how could it be pulling when it wasn't doing that when I brought it in? They didn't do anything but test drove it and said it was pulling but I needed new tires and a alignment. I should be able to take my car in for an oil change without being worried if they tamper with my car. Just said I don't have any and I do mean any extra money for repairs. Something needs to be done. Needless to say I will never in my life go back to Firestone in Nora in Indianapolis, Indiana. Sara was the young lady and Eddie did the work. It's going to come back on you guys 10 x 4.

I went to Firestone in Birmingham Al to have Tires Balanced and Rotated and Oil Change. When service was suppose to be completed Manager told me that my balance and rotation was free and only charged me for the Oil Change. So I asked him and he stated that my car was fine and I was good to go. I explain to him I was my way out of town and I away get my tires rotated and balance and oil change before I go. He gave me a receipt and I trust that everything was okay. Once I got on the road I was at a 50 mile on the highway and my tires on the front end started vibrating once I got up to a certain speed. So slow down and continued my trip in fear all the way. Once I turned home I was praying all the way that God will help me make it back.

I took the car back and asked them to check my front end tire. They were vibrating and I was told the tire rods needed to be replaced, so I told them my car was not doing any of that when I came to get my tires rotated and balance. I had no vibration or anything like that before I took my car into them. One of the tech's that looked my car say my tires were never balanced. They had just be rotated and he got really smart with me and said "well how many miles do you have on this car anyway?" I guess that was to say "your car is old anyway."

I kept explaining there was nothing wrong with my car until I let them work on it. I went by twice and no one would help me. I am fearful to go back to them and want everyone else to know that damaged my car and wanted $400 to fix it. There was nothing wrong with my car until I went to them. This Firestone is located on Oporto Madrid Blvd in Birmingham, Al. These are some awful people. Please Let me know if there is anything I can do about this.

I have made several visits to the Firestone on 5034 Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, GA 30083 for regular oil changes, as well as some concerns that my car was running loudly. Each time I was told I would be fine. In July, I was told by ** that I had a hole in my exhaust but I would be ok as long as I could live with the loud noise. So I asked him if it was anything major and he said no, nothing to worry about until time for me to get my emissions done May 2017 because it would not pass with the loud noise. I said "are you sure", and he said "yes you are fine". On September 29, 2016 I went in for a regular oil change, new tires and lifetime alignment. I had concerns regarding the loud noise and I told ** that my steering wheel was sticking when I'm driving and I wanted to make sure it would not interfere with my wheel alignment. He said he would have the guys check it out for me.

My disappointment came when I arrived at 11:30 that morning and there was only two other people there. Around 1 pm another gentleman came in for the same services I was getting except they had to order his tires. However he was out of there by 2:30 pm and I was still waiting. I then addressed ** and told him I was not pleased with the fact that I had been there over 3 hours and this guy came in and was out in less than 2 hours. He blamed it on the techs and said it was according to which tech took the ticket. I told him that was unacceptable. I felt like I was discriminated against being...I was a female and I was overlooked. He kept saying that was not the issue and I yet disagree. Although he gave me a small discount for the wait, that service was unacceptable and should not ever happen.

Around 3:50 my vehicle was finally complete and he told me they didn't see anything wrong with my steering and that the hole in my exhaust is nothing major but would just be annoying because of the loudness. He advised me to go to a muffler shop if I wanted to get rid of the noise. Because I have no income as long as he assured me there was nothing major wrong and it was just loud noise, I could live with that. I drove off and the next morning while I was driving, the steering wheel begin to stick again. I called him immediately and he said I would need to come in and have a tech ride in the car with me. I told him I had asked them to test drive it when it was there to check and I thought that's what they had done in order to tell me they didn't find anything wrong. He told me they were too busy to test drive it. So how could they say nothing was wrong if it was never tested?

Well on October 8, 2016, early morning I was driving and lo and behold my muffler fell off in the front. How did they not see that coming after all the inspections they did over the past few months. So May, I was good. July, I was good. September, I was good but ten days later my muffler fall off, that's not good. I was told that I could have hydroplaned and flipped my vehicle had I been driving any faster than the 30 mph. No I have to get that repaired when it could have been avoided had they properly inspected my vehicle. They charge a lot of money to scam you out of repairs that don't need to be done instead of the repairs that actually needed to be done. I think this repair should be on Firestone, no charge.

Firestone is the worst auto repair shop I have ever been to. This one I am talking about is in Phoenix Arizona. I took my car there to have four new tires put on and an alignment and was talked into a couple of other things. I spent like three hours there and over seven hundred dollars only to drive away and find out the Mechanic who worked on my car broke a part for my air ride suspension. It was a part that detects how much weight is in the vehicle then automatically adjusts the height of the vehicle. Well with this part broke my car sat up as high as it could because it was detected that there was a lot of weight in the vehicle when actually there was not. The Mechanic that worked on my car had to know this part was broken because it hangs down under the vehicle you can even see it from behind the vehicle while driving behind it and it was sitting unusually high when it left the store.

When I went back with the problem which was that same night they took it in and looked at it and admitted the Mechanic broke the part during the time he was raising my vehicle as he was supposed to disconnect that bar. The guy that worked the counter said he would pay to repair it himself out of his own pocket even if he had to go to a junkyard and pull it himself. Oh and not to mention the part that is broke is retired and no longer being made so it is not possible to find it they stopped making them a long time ago. I had talked to the Manager and that got me nowhere. I have even filed a claim with Firestone but nothing has been done or heard about it. Now I understand this part is discontinued BUT something needs to be done and there is something they can do but they refuse to do it. They can convert my rear suspension over. Now the time has come for me to contact an Attorney and file a claim against them. This is not over yet.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Firestone started as a tire manufacturer in 1900, and the company originally supplied tires for Ford’s Model-Ts. The first maintenance and repair shop opened in 1926, and there are now more than 1,700 locations.

• Completely Firestone: Firestone’s website features a wide variety of informational articles to helps consumers understand the way their vehicles work and how different maintenance services keep them running longer.
  • Towing: Customers who face an unexpected breakdown can call Firestone Roadside Assistance & Towing Service to receive a discounted tow to a Firestone location. Firestone ensures that all towing companies associated with them are reputable and offer fair pricing.
  • Car Care Academy: Firestone offers hands-on workshops from its Car Care Academy. These free classes teach drivers how to make their vehicles more fuel efficient, how to check their fluid levels in their vehicle, how to choose the best tires for their needs and more.
  • Time guarantee: Firestone’s On Time Guarantee promises customers that their vehicles will be ready at the time estimated time. If the vehicle isn’t ready at the appointed time, customers receive 10 percent off of their next service.
  • Online scheduling: Those ready to purchase tires from Firestone and/or have their vehicle serviced or repaired at one of their locations can make an appointment by visiting Firestone’s website.
  • Best for Firestone Complete Auto Care is best for consumers looking for a service and repair company with a long history, established reputation and locations across the nation.

Compare Auto Service and Repair