Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Service Centers
3.47/5

Firestone Service Centers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1003 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I had my vehicle in for tire repair in mid July. Firestone did a complete 21 pt inspection and advised that my brakes and rotors were great. I drove it for 4k miles and noticed a bad vibration. Took it Ford to find out rotors are warped and brakes were bad as well. When I brought it to the attention of Firestone the Manager Cameron tried to tell me that the rotors warped because of driving it on the highway in the mountains. ANY mechanic worth a grain of salt knows that rotors warp from hard consistent braking which I had done neither of those. I only used the brake pretty much just exiting the highway. My Ford Escape has a "Sport Shifter" where when it's in that mode you can manually up or downshift the transmission and use the engine to slow down your vehicle going down passes and not use the brake at all. I feel like Cameron was trying to sell me a bill of goods because I am a woman.

After I advised that I have a Military mechanical background (diesel mechanic) and have plenty of mechanical knowledge and know how brakes and motors work, I called him on his bluff. I demanded to have the Area Manager's contact information, advised that I will blow up every review site as possible, call the Firestone Corporate Offices and the BBB to file formal complaints if he doesn't make it right and replace the rotors and brakes on Firestone's dime since I was initially told they were great and had the receipt to prove it. Cameron told me there was nothing that he could do. About an hour later I received a phone call saying that Firestone was replacing the brakes and rotors no cost to me and I had to buy new tires that were still under warranty which brought the cost of those to $290 seeing that they only had 24K on them for a 60K tire.

When I picked up my car, I asked Cameron what changed his mind about comping the brake and rotor work and he said it was because of the threats made and how if a guest reports a complaint then that particular Branch won't get their bonus. It's too bad that you can't get a corporation to do the right thing on their own without making threats. Since Cameron DID end up doing the right thing, I will not submit a formal complaint, but I still plan on completing reviews on Google, Yelp, BBB and Firestone's Corporate website. Thank you Cameron and Firestone for making my experience with Firestone end up on a better note than when it started.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Sadden by misleading information. It all started with an appointment. Got there and stated what I needed. I was told that they would check my car for a charge of 10 but if they completed the work then the 10 would be removed. Well it wasn't and when questioned I was told that he already gave a 120 discount which was the special they were offering anyway. So good luck with being given correct information when dealing with them.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for reaching out to Firestone, Wanda. We would like to know more about your experience at our Tampa location. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with your contact information, invoice number and further details of your concerns. Also, would you like your concerns addressed by the store manager or at a higher level? We look forward to hearing from you. ^Miguel

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I go in at 7:00 am this morning hoping to get an oil change before work, and there is not a single customer yet. I ask if I can get a standard oil change and I am told no they are too busy as I look behind where there is not a single customer. I proceed to ask if I can get an appointment Saturday morning and I am told no they are busy without him even checking the computer for any open appointments. There are far too many service stations to have an oil change to accept such rude ** customer service. Not only will I never go to this location again, but I will never go to a Firestone again!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Updated on 09/01/2019: I complained about these problems a week ago, and the next day I got a response. I was suppose to hear from a manager a few days later, I never did. At this point I do not care but, will continue to find them to be untruthful, and a major ripoff center. I have heard from my fellow friends and coworkers at Disney who also reported bad service from Firestone. I want all Disney people to understand what I had to say about Firestone and all others. People should avoid them for anything unless you want to be lied to and, overpriced for anything.

Original Review: I went for an alignment then told I needed new bearings or repacking because hubs were loose and Tie rod was bad on Curry Ford Rd. They wanted to charge me 105 dollars for a 16 dollar Tie rod, and 800 dollars in labor. And then 90 dollars for the Alignment. More than a thousand dollars total. The truth was that the Hubs are not bad and only one inner Tie rod is poor. The lug nuts were not as tight as needed and the tires need replacing. The alignment can be done and tires replaced for less than half they wanted to charge me. These people are good at telling half truths. I dealt with these people before for just tires on Semoran Blvd They replaced my tires and then dented my door and then lied about it. The damage was 1700 dollars which I almost needed to sue before they fixed the door. When going to Firestone check with other people before getting the work done or you might be ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Associate acted as if I was annoying him. He was shaking his head and rolling his eyes while he was on the phone with company handling payment. Also told a untrue story about what I said. Caused claim to be denied. My first experience with Firestone, don't believe I'll be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I called the day before for PA. Inspection details and the technician was courteous and very informative. I scheduled my inspection for a Tue. night. Arrived at 4:30 pm and the technician started the inspection within 10 mins. The inspection lasted about 1 hr and a half which is the duration I was told prior the the beginning. The service tech was very informative and understanding. The total experience was excellent in all facets of the details performed. I would recommend the Firestone at 13th and Turner St to anyone looking to have their auto serviced.

Robert

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have a great experience consistently with Firestone. They are my go-to company for all my car needs. I consistently receive great attention and courteous treatment. Great comparative prices with their services and reliable work. I highly recommend Firestone for all your car needs and services.

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2019

I spoke with the manager at this location and he was very understanding. I explained to him that I wasn't asking for a full refund because my truck did operate as it should for 3 weeks. I think the problem may have been a faulty aftermarket intake manifold. We agreed to a 50% refund. Thanks Steve for understanding and keeping me posted every step of the way since speaking with you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I took my Ford F-150 to Firestone on 07/15/2019 after my truck started rough idling and weak acceleration. The check engine light was also blinking. I dropped it off around 5pm and they called me back on 7/16 at 10:31 AM to ask if I've ever had the spark plugs replaced. I told them no. The employee said he asked me about the spark plugs because the diagnostic code P0304 did not tell them the issue. He suggested that I have the spark plugs replaced. He said the total with labor and an oil change I requested would be around $550. I told him to proceed with the job.

He called me back at 12:06 PM and said the intake manifold was cracked and that spark plug #3 is stripped and can't be replaced. He said that my truck has the rough idle because coolant was coming out of the cracked manifold and going into the spark plugs. He advised that the manifold would have to be ordered and truck would be complete on 7/17. He also advised that my trans cooler is leaking and he demanded to take it to Ford as they can't repair it. I asked him if the trans cooler leak was associated with the issue at hand and he replied "No". He also suggested for them to replace front sway bar. I told him I would get that done when I take my truck to Ford for the trans cooler leak. He gave me a total of $1,900 to change oil, replace spark plugs, and intake manifold with labor. I advised him to proceed.

I was called at 8:12 AM on 7/17 and was told that my truck was ready. I picked it up and everything was fine. On 8/6, my truck started the same exact issue again. I called Firestone at 12:15 PM to advise of the issue. I explained that my diagnosis seemed to be inaccurate. The employee told me that he would tell his manager and he would follow up by calling me. I got off of work at 4:00 PM and had not received a call. I stopped by the location and the young man who assisted me said that he totally forgot to follow up with me. He said his manager told him to set me up for a quality assurance inspection. He expressed that they were pretty much slammed for the next couple of days and that I could drop it back off on 8/8 between 9AM and 11AM. On this date and time, I was unable to drop off my truck because my wife was in a meeting.

I called Firestone and rescheduled the drop off for 8/10 at 1PM. I told the employee that I didn't need it back until Sunday before close. I received a call on Sunday, 8/11 and was told that coil #5 was bad. The gentleman said the total would be $220. I told him to replace the coil. So, I received a second call at 1:13 PM and was told that the coil was replaced and the truck still has the rough idle. He said that the lead technician would be in the next morning on 8/12 and they want him to check if the truck is suffering from low compression.

I waited all day Monday and never received a call. I called the location at 4:09 PM and was placed on hold by three different people (one being the manager). A young lady picked up and said that her manager was unable to talk because he was on a conference call and would call me back. Surprisingly, he returned my call at 4:27 PM to tell me that my truck was touched. He said that he wants the lead technician to look at it, but doesn't know when he'll get the chance because he has 6 other jobs he needs to finish from the weekend. I told him I'll await the follow up.

Today is 8/13. I worked a full day and didn't hear anything from Firestone. I stopped by the location at 4:35 PM and requested the manager. He came out and advised that the truck is suffering low compression and that they will have to remove the cylinder to figure out the problem. He emphasized that the removal is very hard work. I immediately asked for the key to my truck and a refund for the $2000 I wasted. He told me that he couldn't refund me the money, but wouldn't charge me for replacing cylinder 5 (second misdiagnosis). He said that if he were me, he wouldn't drive the truck in that condition. I advised that I can't leave my truck there forever and a day either without receiving follow ups to let me know what's going on.

So here I am now...out of $2000. I noticed that the notes from today's receipt say 'cylinder 5 is now fine' when there wasn't an issue with it. Firestone's final conclusion is cylinder 7 is the bad cylinder with low compression. At this point, I am ready to fight to the end for a refund (at least 50%). I am going to attempt to contact headquarters and if no positive results, legal action it is. This is ridiculous to strong arm rob people by guessing what's wrong with a vehicle.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

10 months ago I had Firestone replace my SUV’s power steering hose. When I dropped the car off I was told 3-4 hours. I returned 8 hours after work and the car was in the bay closest to the window of the shop. Parts had been taken off of the top of the engine, right wheel well and underneath the car, the mechanic was working on my car and assisting in another work bay next to mine and the general feeling walking in was stressful from customers and floor service staff alike. I was told that it was taking more time than expected because they had no idea how hard it was going to be to get to the hose.

Long story short the car finally was finished and a short time later I started hearing noises under the car at higher speeds but attributed it to the car's age (my mistake) as I just had it checked at another shop and found out that the rear engine mount bolts had been loosened and never retightened. The car is now back at Firestone to be looked at and I was told that they are taking my word for it (currently) that nobody else worked on the car but needed to look at it before they decided whether charging me to fix it. If just tightening the bolts then no problem but if damage has been done then not sure who will cover it. Probably me? Customers beware!!!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Tried for days to work with one particular Firestone auto center regarding what I consider a large overcharging of the bill. Was told by corporate they can not assist at all and tried to get the regional manager to talk with me or meet me or accept copies of paperwork and so far have had zero luck. Contacted the store who tells me someone will call someday. Been 9 days so I guess someday could be a year from now. Meanwhile I feel I was ripped off so I can not recommend Firestone as there is no system in place to have any assistance..as they are all independent of each other including the corporate office. Something I did not know and now warn everyone I can about. Was loyal for 12 years with 4 cars. Can not trust them anymore.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information