Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Firestone Service Centers

Firestone Service Centers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Firestone Service Centers Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Hi, I visited numerous Firestone Service Centers over the past several years from Connecticut to Rhode Island to Massachusetts. The reason for having changed from service center to service center is because the repairs were deficient, with either wrong parts replaced that did not properly fit the vehicle or because of missing parts from the vehicle after a repair was completed or simply because staff was incredibly rude to customers (belligerent, uttering all sorts of profanities, etc). One facility in Warwick, RI performed a bad repair which they rationalized with, "Oh just keep driving around. The steering system will fix itself. Just keep driving around." This hardly seems in tune with keeping vehicle and driver safety in mind.

Two Firestone Service Centers quoted close to $2,000.00 in repairs which, after I got a second opinion, were unnecessary because according to the second opinions, "Everything looks fine and solid, so no repairs are needed." Some of these parts that Firestone technicians said needed to be replaced were relatively new (The vehicle even passed State safety inspections). Despite this, I continued to service our vehicle at Firestone and slowly noticed a rationalizing of the prior quotes for repairs, with staff commenting, "Oh, you should have this repair done which we actually pointed out to you a while ago." Once again, those repairs were never needed based on second opinions.

The last service at a Firestone in Attleboro, Massachusetts was the most concerning of all because of the safety danger to us and other traffic-goers. What should have been a routine oil change turned out to be a frighteningly disturbing awakening, when after leaving the shop I found a couple of parts missing from the vehicle including what could not have been other than a deliberate dismantling of the windshield washer nozzle assembly. With winter driving, sleet, rain, and road salt, the windshield washer system could have proved a real danger: The fluid system was re-directed to spray into the engine manifold rather than onto the windshield because a critical part was detached, pulled off. Was this to bring our vehicle back to the shop for additional repairs to fill some sort of monthly repair quota?

This is horrible that Firestone staff is directing customers to have repairs performed that are unnecessary -- amounting to thousands of dollars -- and of all horrible things dismantling parts critical to drive safety. We were apparently overly naive and patient with Firestone service over the years, which in the most recent instance could have resulted in a major accident to innocent drivers. We'll take our safety and trust elsewhere because we don't want to be victims of a tragedy resulting from crude service.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I give this place NO STARS after they totally ripped off my 19 year college student daughter. They charged her $331.02 for a battery. Here are the details. I sent my daughter to Firestone because I wanted her to go to what I thought was a reputable corporation. She is from Missouri and going to college in Greeley Colorado so we do not know any local repair shops. When I called the shop after I found out how much they overcharge and took advantage of a young 19 year old college student I spoke to Eric. I asked Eric (as a normal customer) if they give an estimate of the cost of repairs before doing the repairs. He assured me that ‘Yes we always call and let you know what the cost of the repairs will be before doing any work.’ I then asked him why he did not give my daughter an estimate of repairs BEFORE doing them on her jeep.

He told me he would have to look up her ticket….after looking up her ticket his reply was ‘When I called her she did not ask what the charge would be for a new battery. After I told her the problem was her battery and did she want us to put a new one in she told me yes.’ What this shop then did was put in the MOST EXPENSIVE BATTERY THEY CARRIED. I asked Eric how many batteries they carried. He replied only ‘We only carry Interstate batteries.’ Once again I asked him ‘How many Interstate batteries do you carry?’ The reply I received ‘I looked up the appropriate battery for the make and model of her vehicle.’ Once again I asked ‘How many Interstate batteries do you carry?’ I finally received an answer. They carry 3 different options on the Interstate battery. The different options

were the warranties. So after not giving my daughter an estimate they also did not give her the option of selecting what warranty she wanted on the battery.

They opted to put in the most expensive battery (warranty) they carry. They put in a battery with a 6 year warranty in a 2000 model vehicle with over 200,000 miles on it. I did go to the Interstate site and put in the make, model, engine type of my daughters vehicle and found the suggest battery. I looked up the price of the suggested battery and found it cost $99.00. Eric’s attitude also turned rude and arrogant after he found out I was not a ‘potential customer. I will be sending a letter to Firestone Corporation Headquarters with the backup documentation. I do not foresee that I will get any results in doing this. In short DO NOT PATRONIZE THE GREELEY COLORADO FIRESTONE - THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. Details of bill - Battery : $229.99. *Found the same battery/brand $99.00. Labor $ 78.99 *Outrageous overcharge for labor. Shop Supplies $ 5.53. Tax $ 16.51.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Went in for a advertised free front end alignment inspection. Was told by mngr the front end of my 2015 Corolla "way out of alignment" and I needed all 4 tires replaced. One of the front tires was brand new. I was quoted $480.00 for 4 tires. Told him to do alignment and replace the two front tires. Was charged $480.00 for 2 tires and ($99.00) alignment. Mechanic checking me out, whom I liked, explained alignment was fine but tires were bad and that is what caused the shaking/wobbling in steering wheel. Tires were $114.00 per tire. Tons of added fees. Felt very very ripped off. Will never return and will pass the word.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I went there a month ago for my annual inspection and they somehow talked me into paying $800ish for it which included two new front tires and I was told I was covered under warranty for these tires for 80k miles. I then drive the car for 56 miles and one of the tires gets a flat. They say now the warranty is only for “treads” and that is it and I could have gotten other coverage for them but I didn’t get it, even though it was never offered to me.

However, they did change the tire and said there was no hole or puncture and that someone must have let the air out of the tires! Yes, someone is just going around to my suburban neighborhood and letting the air out of tires. Makes perfect sense. And then the tire they put on the car does not even look new. They told me not to come back there again for this tire cause it will not be free again. I also feel like I was talked to and degraded because of my gender. I will never return to them again and will be sure to share this story with everyone I know.

Resolution response: Feb. 19, 2020

I spoke with the regional manager who was very understanding and empathetic. After speaking with him I am just writing this event off as being of unique origin. Firestone in general has always been reliable and done a great job servicing my vehicles. I will however hold off on going to the Firestone at 1145 NW Market St, Seattle, WA 98107.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

This is a place to avoid. I believe they intentionally damaged a part of my car to up sale me a new part and service. When I spoke with the manager, and brought the part in, he said these pinhole pricks in the CV boot happen all the time which is inconsistent with the opinion of other industry professionals. Ten days before going to Firestone to have a flat tire fixed, my regular mechanic did an inspection on my car as part of an oil change. At this inspection the CV boot was in good working order.

Ten days later I bring it to Firestone to have a hole patched in the tire and they tell me the CV shaft/boot needs to be replaced because it is leaking. I do not have them do the work, rather I go back to my regular mechanic to have it replaced. He showed me the boot, and the report from ten days earlier. There was a pinhole prick in the CV boot, as if somebody pricked a hole parallel to the CV shaft in the CV boot to upsell a product/service. Most often wear on a CV boot happens perpendicular to the CV shaft due to rotation, not parallel. Again, this Firestone is a place I will never take a vehicle again. Be cautious.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I had both of my headlights burn out within a day of each other. I called several places and if you know about the Malibu headlights you know they have to take the whole front end to reach them! Well the places I called wanted 250 dollars for this service and the manager at Firestone did it all for under 200 dollars. These gentleman at the Independence Missouri store went above and beyond to help me and I just want to say thank you very much!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I bought four tires in June. They overcharged me $150, charged me for a $16 warranty per tire without asking, then lied and said my battery was bad. I had it tested 2 other times and it was fine. Not to mention, just tried to have my tires rotated and apparently they are scheduling 3 days I advance. I have never been told I need an appointment when going to Les Schwalb, this place sucks!!!!

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Sarah. We would like to know more about your pricing concerns at our Eugene location. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with your contact information, invoice number and further details of your concerns. We will have them addressed by our management team. ^Miguel

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My husband took our truck to have tires rotated and balanced. He was asked if he wanted the tires taken off the rims and switched, so the shiny side of the rim would show once they had been rotated. He told them yes and was advised there would be a $30.00 charge for this. He said ok. He would pay the $30.00. 2 days later he noticed the rims looked corroded and assumed those were not the same rims. He called the county constable office and a constable came to our house. He explained that it appeared the rims had been stolen.

The Constable went to Firestone and was told the manager would not be in until Monday and for us to come back then. This morning in the daylight my husband looked under the truck at the inside of the rims and it appears these could be our rims. Apparently the technician did not take the tires off the rims but just switched them, and of course charged us $30.00 for a job he did not do. We could have avoided all this with the constable if the technician at Firestone had just done the job we had paid him to do. My husband took the truck back today and was told they could not address the situation without a manager being present.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I came in for an oil change and when they had finished I decided to schedule another day to purchase new tires. This was about 5 days in advance and they told me they had the tires in and that it would be all good to go by the Thursday I scheduled to get them. Came in the day of, and at closing they told me they needed the 4th tire since they didn’t have it. Someone should have communicated that to me in advance AND why did it not be taken care of when I got it scheduled?! Terrible service and I have been coming to this Firestone location for around 8 yrs now. TERRIBLE. Should really get a 0 of 5 star rating.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

A pleasant experience every time I have my car serviced at Firestone in Stroudsburg Pennsylvania. Manny is a great mechanic and always friendly and helpful. I am usually in and out in a good time frame and they keep to my appointment time almost every time.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information