Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

842 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have been a Firestone Customer for over 35 yrs. Never have I had an experience like this. Oct. 2017 I have a complete brake job done at the S. Pine St. Center in Ocala Fl. The new brakes started to moan when I started up in the morning. I thought it would go away when they seated. Three months still moaning. Returned to Firestone. Their lift wasn't working couldn't help. When I went in for my 6 mo. service I asked them to find the moaning. I got the service. They checked all the brakes and said they couldn't fix them. They installed them but could fix the moaning. Goodbye Firestone. I found another Firestone center I could trust and will never darken the doors of the on Pine street.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I purchased four new tires for my automobile that came with a 40,000 mile warranty. When I reached 10,000 miles the back two tires already had five-six inches of tread showing through. I went into the location who installed them who informed me that my warranty didn’t cover faulty tires because of the type of car I drive. Clearly they knew what the car was when I paid them for four new tires nine months earlier. Their only solution was to charge me $200.00 for additional tires. I called Firestone’s Corporate office, spoke with their warranty department and also the Area Manager. Bottom line they refused to honor their warranty and the only thing they would do for me is charge me yet again for two more tires. Their unethical behavior and condescending attitude was very disappointing. I will not purchase anything from Firestone in the future and will be posting a warning to others on every social media site available. Such a negative experience.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Ok. So you would think that I would stop giving Firestone my money, after the installation of my tires, but I decided to give it another chance because it is another city and well everyone deserves a second chance. So last week I took my truck to get just an oil change and a tire rotation @ the Firestone in Lake Worth TX. I approached the counter and told them "Hi. I have an app for a oil change." In turn the so called manager of sales Ellis told me, "Well I won't be able to get to your truck until 3 pm." Then I told him, "But I have an appointment." His response was "insert attitude", "Well you did not tell me you have an appointment, next time with a condescending tone you need to tell me about your appointment."

And again I told him, "But I did tell you." Anyway needless to say my truck did not go into the bay until 30 min after my appointment. I also told Ellis that I did not need a tire rotation because I did not have the lock for the tires. Ellis did not tell the technician about the missing key so the auto tech took an additional 30 minutes asking and looking for the key. This is not acceptable. If you have an appointment you should be seen at that time. If not at least you should be nice to your customers. Mr. ** needs some sensitivity training.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I bought tires from the store in Selma AL and when I went in I asked for 10 ply and they gave me 4 ply. Now all my tires but one have plugs in them. I keep getting metal in my tires. I am so disappointed in Firestone.

Original review: July 17, 2018

This Comment is about operator Mary. She should never be in customer service especially in supervisor capacity. We have been doing business with Firestone for over 40 years. When I charged my auto repairs at your store this last time I was going to use another card that was interest free for 12 months. The person behind the desk said I should use My Firestone card, it too had no interest. No mention of 6 months. I called Firestone today to ask to have the interest removed after we saw the balance we knew it was wrong. We wanted to have the interest waved and pay in full today.

The first operator offered half of the interest credited. I felt there should be no interest charged so I ask to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was so rude, pompous and arrogant. She had not interest in helping me with my problem. I told her the person that offered the interest free at Firestone never mentioned 6 months. Operator ** told me it was my responsibility to read the statement. I don't not read all of my statements when they come in from cover to cover. This was false advertising and I feel I was scammed. I will post this problem on the internet Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and G+ and several others. I want others to be aware of this so they will not fall into the same trap. I will never do business with Firestone again after today because of one employee Operator Mary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: July 14, 2018

Took my 04 Ford Ranger into service at Firestone in Davenport, IA. Problem: excessive amount of brake pedal travel. Firestone had done the rear drum brakes & guaranteed the repair. After dropping off the vehicle, went to have lunch & returned to find out that repairs were indeed needed but they said that parts were required that they’d not changed out. Parts on the warranty work were internal drum actuation parts & drums, which I agreed to have repaired. They also said they’d done an inspection of the front drum system & it would take a huge amount of work which I declined & they also pointed out that they thought my upper ball joints were bad, to which I told them I’d just had them inspected with no issues by another repair center, so I declined the repair & opted 2 do the complete front system myself. This included rotors, rebuilt calipers & pads which I successfully repaired myself.

However, when I jacked the truck up & removed the front wheels & noticed that my outer tie rod ends had broken boots! They had missed this important safety item! Also when I went to bleed my brakes, they had not flushed the brake fluid! WTF??? So, they pointed out a part that didn’t need changing, the upper ball joints, but omitted parts that were obvious, the tie rod ends! The reason I brought my vehicle to Firestone was for the supposed “expertise” that is obviously missing at your Davenport, IA facility! When I called the Service Manager, Mitch, all he wanted to do is make excuses rather than “own up” to his Service Dept errors, which I find totally disturbing. He should have not offered any excuses but should have offered only to “right the wrong”!

The most disagreeable statement when I asked him about the qualifications of his Service Techs, he replied that the Tech had 40 years of experience but he never said the guy was a “certified ASE Tech”, that’s disturbing as well! I’ve had bad experiences with auto repairs in the Quad Cities with facilities after being asked to do a under chassis inspection, returning the vehicle with major points omitted or dismissed like torsion bar struts being broke & another repair facility who were charged with doing a complete front end brake job, leaving the caliper mounting bolts untorqued & having one of them fall out that almost killed me while on the highway!

The reason I came to Firestone was I thought they’d be different, boy was I wrong! This disgusts me & what’s even worse is when the Service Manager tries making excuses, REALLY??? I’m reporting this cause the Service Department in Davenport, IA is in desperate need of a “tune up”, & for me at least, they’ll never see me in their store again! I’ll be posting this online so other “not so informed people” can judge themselves... Caveat Emptor!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I am so incredibly disappointed with Firestone. I have lived in the Charlotte (Ballantyne) area for 5 years and I have had 2 different cars that I have brought to Firestone for service. I have purchased at least one full set of tires from them as well. I went today in a complete bind because my battery was dead. They knew I was in a bind from the moment I called as soon as they opened. I told them I had turned the car off in the parking lot and they would need to jump it to start it at that point. They knew I was not in a position to bring it anywhere else.

I had called my dealership once I dropped the car off and was quoted for a new battery on a 2014 Wrangler with labor and tax. It would be just short of $200...but Firestone charged me $388. They said it was a "special battery." I am not entirely sure what makes it so special or why I needed it in my 2014 Wrangler... I do not drive anything wild for goodness sakes. I know this review will not get me anywhere and I have lost this fight but I wanted to make sure everyone knows that they truly take advantage of situations and knew I was in distress with a dead battery.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I don't know what's up with these folks. I have used Firestone for over 20 years in NY, MO, PA, VA and OH and have always been satisfied with their work. Their service and workmanship has always been just fine and I am a car lover.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I took my Nissan Frontier to the shop in Longwood, FL. because the truck was about to high repeatedly, they said in the diagnosis I paid for that. The fan clutch was bad and it's time to change the thermostat. I said yes to both. At pickup they said "you're all good!" Great! So I got in and took it for a test drive. My truck began to overheat!

Called corporate. They got the shop to continue to diagnosis the vehicle and agreed to replace my radiator and water pump (which is tied into the timing chain). After they did that they found contaminates of stop leak. So they tried to fix it but gave up as they can't spend any more time on it. But did say my heater core was clogged. I said I'll take it back, when starting up the vehicle the check engine light was on. Read the OBD and it said "over advanced timing bank 1, over advanced timing bank 2." So... could they have messed up my timing when putting in the new water pump? I called the store and the store manager said "it's just we forgot to clear the code." Well am I ok to clear it? "Yeah you can clear it". I cleared it.

I went to do a thorough flush of my cooling system. Ran my water hose through both the inlet and outlet of each component heater core. First water came rushing out the opposite direction showing that the flow is clear and good! Found a broken part connecting to my heater core which would have allowed air in causing overheating that they couldn't resolve.

Filled and bled the system using Nissan self bleed process. Truck in idle was great not overheating and thermostat and fan kicked on at 208° and did its job. Brought it down to 190. When I hopped in the truck to drive it check engine light came back on and my truck began to quickly rise in temp. Got my old reader out and the code popped up again! (Over advanced timing bank 1 and 2)! So there is something that happened when they changed my water pump. I took it back to the shop and they said my tensioner is broken. It will be $1167 to replace. So what am I supposed to do now? It would take have happened if they checked the flow of my components and I'm sure that something was messed with... Now I'm stuck without a truck after being in their hands for almost two weeks! I'm done with that location working on my truck.

Original review: July 11, 2018

A few months ago, I entrusted my new-ish car to the Firestone Complete Auto Care facility located in Brookfield, WI (on edge of the Brookfield Square shopping center). I had asked for an oil and filter change. Two weekends later, I was scheduled to take a trip out-of-town using this vehicle, so I thought I'd check the oil. To my surprise, the level was way over the "Full" mark. Not a small amount, WAY over. This was a frustrating realization, because I know that it is not good to run any internal combustion engine with excessive oil in it.

So, I had to use an alternate vehicle for my trip. The following week I took my car back to the Brookfield Firestone and talked to them about their problem. I call it "their problem", as it indicates a couple of shortcomings: First, it may indicate that their machine that delivers the oil is not calibrated (puts out more oil than what was requested). Or, it means that the technician dialed in more oil than called for by the manufacturer. Second, it means that their technicians do not check the oil level upon completion of the oil change procedure. Techs should always check the oil level on every oil change effort since they may have made a mistake when looking up the make, model, year, and engine type.

The (assistant?) manager's response indicated a lack of concern. He started to explain that the markings on my car's dipstick must not be accurate! Upon hearing that, I challenged him on such a claim. A car's dipstick is unique to that make, model, and engine type. Furthermore, I had personally changed the oil and filter on this car months prior, and when I checked the oil level at that time using the dipstick, it was not over the "Full" mark.

In closing, this experience validates the concern that many auto owners have when turning their (expensive) vehicles over to strangers who may not have been given basic training. For me, I will continue changing my own oil during the summer months. If I have it done at a shop, I will ask how much oil they put in, look to see if the filter looks new, and check the level immediately upon leaving. Obviously, this Firestone facility needs to check their equipment and require that their techs check their work.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I took my vehicle to the Maple Shade Firestone, 476 South Lenola Rd, Maple Shade New Jersey for an oil change, new tires and brakes. After the service was done I looked under my vehicle and saw the oil filter had not been changed. My bill indicated that a complete oil change had been done. I returned and spoke with the manager about my findings, he had another technician change my oil and filter. Fast forward to my next brake change which this time I went to my local Ford dealership. The service manager informed me that their mechanic found that the front brake pads had been installed improperly.

I later contacted the Maple Shade Firestone Manager and advised him when they did the brake job on my vehicle the front pads were improperly installed. The manager actually questioned the findings of the mechanic at the Ford dealership stating "How do I know he found the front pads had been installed improperly". I then contacted Firestone corporate headquarters who took my complaint and advised me the Regional Manager would contact me. To this date, I was NEVER contacted.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I dropped my car off at Firestone because it was vibrating and enclosed a diagnosis test from Autozone saying to change my spark plugs. They called me the next morning saying that I need coil packs and not spark plugs. I said, "OK fix it." Then called me again about an hour later and said I needed a control module which I questioned them but allowed them to put the module on and since then my car stalls when I stop and cuts off.

I called corporate and they wasn't much help. They told me that they'll pay half for a diagnosis test. I went to another Firestone and drove my car and let it run at their shop in a bay. I raised my hood up on my car yesterday and they twist tied a part to my battery railing. I don't know what or where the part was clamped originally, they have been terrible lately. I have been a customer of Firestone for over 10 years. Now I have to wait after the manager come back from vacation July 17, 2018. I wish whatever they did to my car they'll fix it: Oh I received a call from 1 of their managers telling me that he's tired of me and my discounts but I only used Firestone discounts. Scared to drive my car now and don't have money for all their suggestions.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Tech said we had faulty computer chip in steering wheel and 440$ ok fix it, wife picks up car barely gets out of parking lot and lights and bells go off service StabiliTrak and traction. WTF we just paid 440$. Well it was almost closing time so bring it back. "We’ll look at it again." So now the problem is needs an alignment so more money! This is a scam or they hire idiots that try this then that and hope it fixes it! Never again Firestone never again!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I was traveling from Austin to Dallas Saturday afternoon and my car began to shake. I pulled over and checked my tires. They looked normal. I got back on the highway and I was five miles from Waco. I decided to search for the nearest Firestone. When I got there and explained to ** what happened, he immediately showed great customer service. Although the wait was over an hour, I waited because of his gratitude. After he took a look, he explained to me what happen. I was mind blown. He then told me what my options were. He didn't say, "You need to buy a new tires." He showed deep concern about my safety. ** was able to find the right tire for my car and my budget with a smile on his face. This took place: 1111 Lake Air Dr, Waco, Texas, 76710.

Original review: June 21, 2018

On 3/28/18 I took my Chevy Spark car to Firestone Service Center store # 022705 - Bakersfield, CA for a routine oil change but also asked if they could check the battery 'cause it had been acting up. They informed me I would have to pay $24.99 for a battery check and I said OK. I received a call telling me that the battery needed to be replaced and it would cost me $186.59. I told them not to replace the battery and found a local battery company would replace it for $90.00.

When I took my car to the battery company they checked it and found it did not have to be replaced but that the battery cables were loose and tighten them, with no charge. I contacted Firestone complaining about the false report about my battery and was told I would be contacted by management to address my complaint. I have kept the paperwork to prove the charge and report. After 3 more contacts from me to Firestone, I was never contacted by Firestone and that is why I'm making this review. This is sad since I have done years of business with this store and not had issues. I will not return to this store or Firestone again.

Updated on 07/20/2018: I had placed a review/complaint about battery service I experienced back in June on the Consumer Affairs. I was contacted by Firestone 3 weeks ago apologizing about my experience and was told I would be contacted by the manager of that store and have the service fee I was charged refunded to me. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received a call or refund. Once again I have been mislead by Firestone employees.

Original review: June 21, 2018

So... on 5/17/2018 #Firestone in Evansville caused $3000 worth of damage to a vehicle. Not only did they damage it, they lied about putting new parts on, and used parts from a junkyard. Charged $691 dollars with a veterans discount, for $150 worth of new parts, $75 from a salvage yard. They had the vehicle for ten days and still never fixed it. Right front caliper seized up, they were contracted to fix it. They changed out the parts there, with salvage parts then changed out the left front (nothing wrong with it) then changed the master cylinder, still couldn't get the front brakes to bleed. And were in process of finding an ABS pump to change it.

I never authorized anything other than the right front to be fixed. They put two new rubber hoses on the wrong sides, installed the calipers on the wrong sides, bent the metal lines out of shape to make the rubber hoses work, got brake fluid on the paint (now it's peeling). I had to drive up there and show them the abs pump was good, then had to drive back up there to trailer the vehicle home. They gave me a claim number, sent a guy to look, asked for a quote for repair, and now say they will only give me $1800 to fix my car... Avoid anything Firestone! Don't spend money with this company. Bridgestone Firestone could have killed me and my family with these repairs. And now won't even make it right!

Original review: June 19, 2018

What a joke! I dropped off my wife's KIA at the Moreno Valley, Ca location at 09:38 AM after first calling Antwone to confirm her car battery would be replaced today. He said "yes, no problem". I called back at 12:30 pm and was told her car was next. We went to the movies so after receiving no calls, I called back at 3:30 pm and was told her car was next. I was pissed. I went back to the shop where Antwone thought he was clever enough to play games with me; he wasn't. With no customers waiting and only 2 cars in the service bays, he said they were busy all day, appointments, etc. He then said he allegedly told me the car would be out today before they close and that wasn't until 2 1/2 hours.

He then said they tried to jump her car with their car starter but couldn't, yet my 4 - cylinder car jumped it on its 1st try. The whole time this transpire, he wore a ** eating grin on his face and offered up all the names for me including his district manager, mechanic's name, Corp CEO, etc., telling me the whole time that they won't care either. Pretty amazing how this 7 hour job took them 23 minutes, as we waited in the shop. After a nearly 15 year relationship with this same store; adios; I'll try not to let the door hit you on my way out. Too many other competitors will be glad to take my money.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I thought Firestone hired professional mechanics not scam artists. Took our Land Rover Freelander in to have new timing belts (3) and water pump installed and an oil change. The oil was never changed and only 1 timing belt was installed. Then they cut a wire to a sensor and the repair looks like a child did it. This is unacceptable for the cost of 2500.00. This shop is located on Deer Springs Rd in Las Vegas NV. Will never go to another Firestone for anything, not even tires. Also cancelling their credit card.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I came in for an oil change, I did need tires so the associate at the front found tires for me that were reasonably priced and ordered them for me so I scheduled an appointment for the next day to have them changed. An hour before my appointment another associates calls me and tells me about a one day sale they’re having, buy 2 get 2, I explained as I did with the first associate that I wanted to stay in a certain price range and he said he would beat her price so I scheduled an appointment to come in for the date of the sale.

The next day the original associate that ordered the tires for me calls and asks why I didn’t come in for my tires so I told her what the second associate told me, which she said his information was inaccurate and that he must have been new. I rescheduled again for the original tires and when I go in am told that the price I was originally quoted was not accurate so I declined the alignment I had in addition to the tires.

The final associate that handled my work order told me that since I had had so many issues he would include the alignment at no cost and the price would be what I was originally quoted, which I thought was great... then I got the bill and it was over $100 what I was told. No communication between employees and apparently no accountability for lying to customers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Engine light was on So I took it in, initial work done to remedy problem solved the issue. This was after waiting almost seven hours and I had to call to get this info. When I arrive they tell me engine light is back on, need more work to be done. Need to order a part. They charge for the work already done plus parts and labor for work that they tell me needs to be done because the engine light is on. I don't have any more time today to spend here, I inquire about being charged ahead of time. That's how they do it is what I was told. I said to order the part and we can go from there. He said, "Come back anytime and we will replace..." Hmmm... OK. I get into car and the engine light is NOT on. Almost got back in but there is a line and I've just waited 7 hours... I decide to drive it and see if it comes back on. It doesn't.

I call to discuss my refund and now they tell me it will be a refund minus a restocking fee of 25%. Ridiculous. I explained fully and this was the same reply... Restocking fee... I wasn't explained any of this. Manager he could process the refund same day, this was 5 days ago and still nothing has been done. I don't think the engine light ever came back on and you were not expecting me to want to leave and come back and were just gonna do the work and charge me for work that didn't need to be done. Now you tag me with a restocking fee, and haven't refunded anything! Since when do you charge for parts and labor ahead of time for work and tell to come back whenever?!! I want my money back, and to not pay your restocking fee. Firestone Telegraph Road Saint Louis Mo 63129.

Original review: June 10, 2018

1595W 49 ST HIALEAH - I made my appointment the day before and when I arrived they told me that I had 4 cars in front of me when they open at 8 in the morning. All that is because I have already had several troubles with them. When they put the 4 tires on my car they had to do it wrong and the battery told me that I did not work 100% and it was not true, for claiming my rights they are treating me like that it's a pity that I have done many services with you. From now on I will not go anymore and all the family and friends I will tell you and these will continue because it is a lack of respect for the client. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR SPANISH, **.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I went to Firestone car care on N. Madison Rd in Kansas City, Mo. On May 11th received my oil changed. Within a week my electric fan on my Volkswagen Jetta started to make a HUGE vibration. I looked and noticed my fan been broken and taped up. Talked with the manager at Firestone and he said they didn't do it. Basically blamed Volkswagen because they worked on my Jetta in February 2018. The manager said, "Well you had your Jetta in Volkswagen because I looked at your VIN number." Between Volkswagen in February and May when Firestone did a oil change. Volkswagen worked on it 2017 and nothing went wrong and February 2018. Took it to Firestone and fan gets broke and taped up. So please, if reading this, just beware of Firestone. They just will not take responsibility and that's very upsetting. Now I have to come up with Hundreds of $$$ to fix my Jetta. There is just no honest people at Firestone.

Updated on 06/06/2018: Finally I got in contact with the Regional Manager of Firestone and everyone wants to play the blame game. What is the purpose to call a customer and say, "No we didn't do it... It was Volkswagen not us. Too bad!!!" Okay, my decision is don't go to Firestone. Don't give them or business! Too risky! I'm upsetting because Firestone do want to compensate any cost of a damaged engine fan. SOMEONE did it. I just can't imagine Volkswagen covering up a mistake and just taping up a fan wants to blame someone else. I got tired of talking to the Regional manager and just hang up, that's what Firestone wants, for the customer to give up. Play he said he said.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Firestone messed up my Audi and I have continued to complain with phone calls and have even talked to quite a few people to do the paperwork with no avail. They just keep sweeping the issue under a rug. I only took my car in for a set of new tires and a oil change. I thought it was a reputable place to have my car serviced. My experience has been nothing but a nightmare with Firestone.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My experience with Firestone at the 11888 Forest Lane Dallas, TX location was horrible! I took my car to this shop because I was under the impression that they were a complete auto shop (which is advertised on the sign above the building.) and whatever was wrong with my car they could pinpoint and correct. After they diagnosed the car with camshaft issues we set an appointment for the next day. $700 worth or labor and parts which I was ok paying turns into "I think we fixed it". The tech took my car out for a test drive. He comes back and says it's still shutting off so maybe it's something else. He "fixes" what he thinks is wrong and tests drives my car again. After some time away from the store with my car he calls and says "your car has broken down on the highway, your transmission is shot".

Never once did I get any receipts of what work was done nor could I get clear answers as to what actually happened. The store manager closed out the ticket and refunded the money that was paid to them only to find out I'm in the hole for over $2500 for a new transmission. I filed a claim to see what went wrong and how Firestone/Bridgestone could rectify this unfortunate event which lead to the "we are not responsible" conversation.

I've never had any major issues with this car ever! Toyota holds value in its name. I'm definitely going to fight this because I know something is not adding up, not to mention when I went into Firestone the week previous to this for a state inspection my car was in great working condition and the guys there I feel tried to talk me into letting them do work on my car such as an oil change. I will never in life trust Firestone with any vehicle I own! Too bad I never got a receipt for anything or else I would definitely add that attachment!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I visited Firestone (car repairs/oil change) on Avenue K in Plano on 5-14-18, and had the pleasure of dealing with some really awesome employees. Kevin was my first point of contact and he welcomed me with professionalism and courtesy. I then had the pleasure of meeting Chris, who was very helpful in explaining the different charges and what was covered. I finally had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Joe who was the service guy that actually looked at my car. He was so patient and knowledgeable in explaining exactly was going on with my car. He pointed everything out and broke it all down in language I could understand. He answered all of my questions without hesitation. These three guys were amazing, and they come highly recommended by me. Thank you Kevin, Chris, and Joe for being the amazing servicemen that you are.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Primewell Tires - These are the worst tires I have ever had. Firestone would do nothing. Tires wore out and cupped in 9000 miles. All I heard was my car had suspension problems. I bought a set. My daughter bought a set and my friend. They were all junk. I don't know what has happened to Firestone but I am done with them.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Gave Firestone another chance. I got there right at 9:00. I was the first for a oil change. They have one employee working on cars from the day before and mine. 4 cars to one person. One cashier. It was not even 10 and cashier was telling customers it was a 2 hour wait. Into 30 minutes of my wait I asked how much longer. She states that they opened at 9 but it takes a while to open the shop! Took a hour and a half before my car was done. I told cashier it was not fair to her or one employee outside alone. She said she had texted the manager 3 times and no response. I contacted the GM Anthony and no response. I will take my service elsewhere from now on. This is a joke! Last year I reported this place to BBB and I guess nothing changed! Promise to care? Not even to employees (Pleasanton Rd location).

Original review: April 15, 2018

I took my perfectly running car into the Firestone garage at 1891 Hilliard Rome Rd, Hilliard, OH 43026 for a routine oil change and a replacement of all four tires only to return to pick up a broken car. As soon as I set off from the garage, after I was called to pick up my car after the technician claimed they had completed the work, my car engine began to fail at the first stop I made within less than a minute from the garage. I tried several times before finally getting the engine to start again and returned the car immediately to the garage and after a diagnostic test, I was told it was an engine failure. This is when things went awry! Firestone denied responsibility (not surprising based on their reputation) and went on to claim the engine failure was due to the millage on my car!

My car is a 2003 Honda Accord with ~170k miles and never broke down for even a single day during all the 7 years I've owned this car. Upon further evaluation by a Honda specialist, this independent specialist said he found nothing with my car that would have suggested improper maintenance that could have led to this engine failure. He therefore hypothesized that Firestone either failed to refill my oil tank after draining the oil or failed to close the oil drain after servicing. Yet, Firestone is still so undignified and very disrespectful with their response. While I seek a legal redress, I strongly advise other customers and would be customers to steer clear off this unscrupulous fraud of a business!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I took my car into Firestone (used them for years) for maintenance oil change. The technician failed to properly seal/tighten the gasket which caused oil to leak out. My low oil pressure to engine warning light came on and the car stopped on me numerous times on interstate. Had my car towed to Firestone and they claimed to have fixed it but as I drove away the wretching sound was still coming from under my hood. Immediately had the Manager of Firestone on Powder Springs Rd, Marietta, GA to come out and drive it. He proceeded to tell me the sound would disappear soon. Less than 5 miles away from Firestone as I was driving, the sound worsened and the car stalled out 2 times and started to jerk. Returned my car to Firestone and manager admitted there was an internal problem that his Corporate manager would come and address on Monday.

Today is Friday. He promised me resolution and a rental car as my car is not driveable. He claims to have not been able to locate any available rentals in the surrounding Atlanta area until Saturday a.m. with /enterprise car rental. I called Enterprise car rental at 5 pm as told and the rep told me he informed Firestone manager at Powder/Springs Rd location (Marietta GA) that they would not have a vehicle for me until Monday morning. No one called and informed me of this. I called the Marietta GA Firestone back and the manager had left for the day.

If they aren't efficient enough to provide and ensure my safety in my own car much less provide appropriate customer service regarding not working to find me a rental car, it doesn't sound like they will be trustworthy in replacing the damaged engine in my Toyota Camry! And the manager stated he filed a complaint around 11 am Friday with his Corporate Office yet I have received no correspondence from ANYONE at any level of Firestone all day. Please do not take your vehicle to Firestone! They do not show concern nor responsibility for their work!

Original review: April 11, 2018

In March 2011 Firestone replaced the original muffler on my 1996 Camry. In Feb 2015 Firestone again replaced the muffler. In March 2018 Firestone again replaced the muffler. I understand that some after-market parts probably will not last as long as an OEM part. However, the last two muffler replacements done by Firestone lasted only a total of 7 years and 39K miles. The most recent one lasted only 3 years and 15K miles. The original muffler lasted 15 years and 162K miles. This, to me, is unacceptable. It points to Firestone using low-quality parts but charging high-quality prices.

How do I know this? My local Firestone shops in Monroeville, PA get their parts from Advance Auto. The muffler just installed, which I was charged $372 for, is available from Advance for $132 (after a 30% discount which I was offered online). If I can get it for this price I know Firestone is paying even less. So, we're talking about a markup of between 300-400%! For about $60 more than what Firestone charged I could have taken it to Toyota and had a muffler which probably would have outlived the car.

I also understand the concept of markup on parts and I accept it. However, in this case, I believe Firestone went too far. I contacted Firestone numerous times between 3/4/18 and 4/6/18. On or about 3/21, I was finally contacted by phone by a regional manager but ended up in a game of phone tag over the course of a few days so I asked that he email me, which he did. I explained the situation but he never responded.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information