Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.00/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Firestone Complete Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Firestone on Post Road in Warwick overall experience was nothing but top notch. Have had my car serviced there for years as well as my children’s cars. Customer service people at the counter were nothing but respectfully answer all questions.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I have been a loyal Firestone customer for over 7 years. The particular Firestone location near me has been the worst one I have been in and dealt with by far. I took my car in to have the tires checked, oil changed, brakes checked, and fluids topped off. What ended up happening is they broke a bolt while doing a tire alignment that was on my car. One that was important to my steering and suspension. The parts they needed to fix because of this mistake weren't going to come in until the next morning. That is our only vehicle and my husband has to get to and from work in the military. That's not a job you can call off from because you don't have a car! I had to make other arrangements to get my husband and son home which cost extra money on top of the fixes!

They then told me they would get me a rental so I was relieved and asked Rachel (the lady behind the counter) if they would stick a hold on my card in order to take the rental. I informed her I did not have enough money to pay for a hold. She informed me they would not. However I got to the rental company and they had to stick a 50 dollar hold on my card that I didn't have! I was denied the rental and after they called and talked to Rachel she lied and said she told me there would be a hold and I was out of luck.

I had sat in Firestone for 9 hours through all of this and then I was stuck at the car rental place with no mode of transportation for me or my husband. Thankfully the car rental company took me home. I then had to find a ride back today to get my car and found out that they are making me pay for the parts they broke! I am furious and speaking to the manager just made me even angry. Due to them screwing me I will never be back to that location again. They are just awful.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I have been without a car since November 23,2020... still waiting for Firestone exec or corporate to contact me... I call every other day and all I hear is "someone will get back to me in 3 to 5 days" every phone call. I have been going to Firestone for 14 yes fourteen years... so sick over the lack of customer care regarding this situation. Is this how a long standing customer should be treated.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Walking in there in a very uncomfortable state of mind you to tire issue she walked me through the process, did above and beyond her call of duty and got me in and out in a very timely manner. Very professional why

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased tires last year that comes with free rotation. I made appointment and dropped my car off only for tire rotation. I go to dealership for oil changes. Anyway an hour after having my car the Benjamin at the location on Clinton Highway in Knoxville TN calls to tell me they are refusing to rotate my tires and that I need to buy new tires. My tires have 80000 mile warranty but I have only put 22000 miles on them. I took my car to a competitor and paid to have tires rotated with no problem. I will never do business with them again. Very dishonest business practices and just try to sell you items.

The day I bought the tires last year, I had my oil changed a few days before at the dealership. They check everything at the dealership including air filter. The sales person at Firestone came out with a filthy air filter covered in leaves and said it came out of my car and tried to sell a new one. Very dishonest people working there. I will never go back there again even if I have to spend more somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

On October 16, 2020, I took my 2017 BMW X5 in for an oil change at Firestone Auto on W. WT Harris Blvd. in Charlotte, NC. I had typically only gotten service at the BMW dealership but decided to try here after a friend had his BMW serviced at a Firestone. While in the shop, a tune up was mentioned and I decided to allow them to do the tune up as I had recently hit 85K and figured it would be good for scheduled maintenance. After hours of waiting for the oil change and tune up, the technician gave me my keys, cashed me out ($700) and I pulled my car out of the parking lot, only for my engine to be misfiring and unable to accelerate.

I returned to the shop within a minute's time as I pulled out and turned right back around. The manager told me they used aftermarket spark plugs and figured that could be the reason why (which later came out that they were too long, hence the cylinder head impact damage). They then called the BMW dealership to order spark plugs and they replaced the aftermarket plugs with the ones from the dealership. The engine then got worse. I ended up having to leave my car there overnight. I came in the next morning, already upset about the situation, and the technician told me they put my original spark plugs back In to see if that would correct the situation and it continued to not run properly.

My car was taken to them in superior condition as noted on the previous inspection notes and video from the last visit to the dealer. Firestone then let me know that they had already scheduled me a rental car and towed my vehicle to the dealership. They put me in a BMW X3, only to call me two hours later and say that I had to return it because they would not cover that amount and tried to place me in a Hyundai Elantra. After expressing how upset I was, they agreed to cover an SUV. Over the course of the past SIX WEEKS, they have been covering a rental vehicle for me.

Fast forward a couple weeks, after multiple inspections from firestone's independent inspectors as well as BMW, and a partial tear down of the engine, BMW determined that the engine needed to be replaced ($26.2K) and their inspector concurred. There were metal shavings throughout the entire engine, as well as the oil filter (mind you, Firestone also did an oil change). The dealership also noted that THE OIL WAS LOW. The oil drained from the car was completely filled with metal shavings and gave a sparkly look when a light was shined on it. Despite the dealer and inspector's findings, Firestone has continued to request a full tear down of the engine or they would not pay for the repair.

Monday, November 16, 2020, BMW notified me that they would not be completing a complete tear down because there was enough conclusive evidence to show that the engine needed replacement and they would be closing the ticket. Due to the build of the engine, the intense amount of labor, and the findings that had already been noted, they did not feel it was necessary. Moving forward to November 18, I received a call from the claims rep stating that because BMW would not do the tear down, I had two options. They could offer 10K to HELP with the repair or have it towed to another BMW dealer that would complete the tear down. No dealership or shop has agreed to do the tear down due to the SAME reasons already reported by THE DEALERSHIP.

This is absolutely ridiculous! How can the claim rep agree with the fact that this is their fault and there is enough evidence and proceed to say, “well management says we still must have the tear down!” For the second time, now that we are in another month, I am making payments on a vehicle that FIRESTONE DESTROYED and I am unable to enjoy due to their negligence. The claims rep told me that he would call me by the end of the day on 11/18 and I NEVER (and still haven’t) heard from him!

Firestone’s website touts that their techs are certified to work on BMW’s and this proves WHY FIRESTONE IS A TERRIBLE AUTO SHOP! If they did not know what they were doing, they should not have agreed to the work! Other than a rental car and the run around, I have not received consistent communication, a repaired vehicle, NOR A REFUND FOR THE POOR $700 SERVICE JOB THEY WERE ORIGINALLY PAID TO DO! The last conversation with the claims rep said “I know it’s unfair, but management....” I have called 5 or more times each day, and left messages since 11/18 AND NOT ONE PHONE CALL RETURNED!

I feel as though I have been very patient and civil in giving them a chance to correct this issue! As a public school teacher, I work very hard for EVERY dollar that I earn and I will not be jaded by the big company crap! I do applaud the Store Manager, Rebecca for her efforts. She was very nice and professional throughout this terrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am extremely disappointed and upset with the experience I recently had at Firestone, located at 1689A Post Rd, Warwick, RI. On November 2, 2020 I had my 2005 Toyota Sienna towed in for service, as we needed our water pump replaced. I called ahead and spoke with ** and explained what was going on. He said that he would be able to take a look at it in the morning and confirm if it was the water pump. Tuesday 11/3 towards the end of the day, I had to reach out to ** as I had heard nothing about the vehicle. He informed me at that time, they had to do another test in the morning to confirm that it was the water pump, and he would be in touch.

On Wednesday 11/4 around 830am, ** calls to tell me that my water pump does need to be replaced and explains that it is a 5-hour job and gives me a quote. I give approval to go ahead and replace the water pump by 930am that morning. I hear nothing all day. Now they are open until 7 pm at night. I was under the impression that the job would be done, or I would have heard back from **, as communication is a big part of customer service. I call Thursday morning asking a timeline on when my vehicle will be ready, I get attitude and push back and am told it should be done by 12pm no sooner. I get a call that the car is ready. I now Uber down to pick up my vehicle. I go in to pay and get my keys. I go and start my Van. It turns over and starts to chug, not feeling or sounding right, so I press on the gas.

Now I am still in park, I have not even put my can into reverse to pull away. Suddenly the check engine light comes on along with every other light on the dash. After 2 and half days for a 5-hour job on a car, this is not how I want to receive my car back. I shut it off and return inside. I explain what just happened and how upset I am. They use the computer to check what the error codes read. Come to find out they must keep the vehicle to redo the whole job because the timing was off. At this point ** comes to speak to me and says that Toyotas have issues when the batteries are taken out. Which made no sense. I asked the other service tech if this was going to be another 5 hours? He says it will be another two days, but don’t worry it's all covered. Except I have no car, and now I am without a vehicle for another 2 days for a 5-hour job?

Not only that but I run a small local business and need a vehicle to take care of our customers. I was offered a ride home and that was it. It wasn’t until I got home did I realize that without my authorization, Firestone took it upon themselves to change my timing belt which still had close to 20,000 mile left on it before needing to be changed. Since doing an unauthorized service on our vehicle, we went 10 days with no car for a 5-hour job. After leaving my car at Firestone in Warwick on Thursday 11/5 since it was not properly fixed and they replaced a timing belt that was not authorized, instead of getting my car back that day or Friday, I did not get it back until the following Thursday. I called Sunday to find out what was going on, only to find out the store had been shut down due to lift issues on Saturday.

Not one person called to explain what was going on. I got directed to speak to another Firestone location. I spoke with a manager named ** who was able to at least help my family and myself get a rental and reimbursed some for the rental I had since the 11/5 when they originally had not fixed the vehicle properly. Never did I hear from the manager ** to explain anything. Even the rental company was confused as how long I was to have the rental. This whole situation took place because they did unauthorized work on our vehicle. Our vehicle was taken to another Firestone to be fixed on Tuesday 11/10. It should have been fixed on 11/5 or 11/6 the latest.

When I tried to confront ** about the unauthorized work done that resulted in being without a vehicle for 10 days, he told me basically, that anyone would be stupid not to replace the timing belt when replacing the water pump. As stated, I had another 20,000 miles until that needed to be changed, that is 2 years for most folks. And last I checked it was our vehicle and we should have a say as to what is done. I explained how the lack of communication was unbelievably bad customer service and that no one called to explain anything. He came at me saying his Service tech told him he called me. Which never happened. He was demeaning and intimidating and didn’t want to hear anything I had to say.

I called customer service for Firestone that night 11/12 to put a complaint in as no one should be allowed to do work that was unauthorized, which resulted in 10 day without a car and no communication on what was happening. The customer service stated that the local Area Manager ** would be reaching out. I received and email asking, “When was a good time to speak?” I responded with a time. Instead of getting the phone call, so I could have this concern and issue addressed, she responded with a one sentence email stating “that she was informed that a refund was processed at that the store last night so you should be all set, Thanks.” I responded with the explanation that clearly she did not get, that it was not a refund, that I was receiving a partial payment to cover the cost of the rental I had from Thursday until Monday when Firestone finally got a rental to us.

And that there was a much larger issues and I would prefer a phone call to speak on the matter. As of today, which is 11/23/20 I have never heard from her or from her boss **. I have called customer care multiple times to try and have this issue resolved and yet no one calls. It seems to be that Firestone has horrible customer service and will do work that is unauthorized and make you the consumer pay for the that work. This is very unprofessional and illegal to do. It also shows their lack of professionalism and how little they care about their customers. I would stay clear of any Firestone’s. Do not go to the one on 1689A Post Rd Warwick RI. I am still waiting for a resolution to this matter. I am extremely disappointed and feel as though myself and my family were taken advantage of.

Sincerely,

Rachel

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I do Search & Rescue and in the middle of an operation my starter went out on my vehicle. Towed to Silverdale WA location, only to wait 4 hours & told to go home. The next day I was told problem was a wire to Starter and would I agree to $370 charge to repair. I had already taken a taxi back to hotel in another city, rented a U-haul truck and took taxi back to get truck. Upon reaching my hotel, my truck would not start. I had to pay for another tow and waited several days for call that it was my starter was out. Now it would cost another $360 to repair! I called and asked for District manager for callback, not once but 3 times! Still no reply. Here is what sign says in lobby: Does Firestone guarantee their work?

We promise that the services we perform will be fixed right the first time. If the automotive repair or service was performed improperly, then we will re-perform the service at no additional charge to you, during the established warranty period. I paid amount before I could have vehicle released and with the charges from them, taxi fares and rental truck, I'm looking at $800 out of pocket. I feel since I told them my Starter needed to be replaced to begin with, all these added charges are unacceptable. None of the free service checks offered were done in addition to repair, and their delay in communication could have cost someone their life. After reading these reviews of terrible customer service, it's easier for me to dispute charges through my bank than wait for them to address my complaint. I myself will not do business with a company that lacks responses in calls to their corporate headquarters.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I showed up at 3:30 pm, an hour early for my 4:30 pm appointment and they got my vehicle right in. Only issue was while they were dismounting my old tires a TPMS Sensor was broken. This happens, I've broken them myself dismounting tires, the problem is they said it broke when tire went flat. I disagree, I didn't drive on a flat tire. The tire started to go flat sitting in a parking lot and never moved until the spare was put on. Best guess the TPMS Sensor will cost anywhere from $50 to $100.

So far I have been here 2 hrs, it is now 5:30 pm and my vehicle is still on a lift without tires. I am suppose to be having the oil changed, tires replaced and aligned. 6:30 pm, it now been 3 hrs, tires are on and oil has been changed. Alignment in process. 6:45pm all is done, was charged $79.95 for TPMS Sensor, but was given a $20 discount on alignment. Overall experience wasn't that great, and I still don't like spending the extra $60 for something they broke. Update: as of now, none of my TPMS SENSORS are working. My time is worth as much if not more than theirs, will call them in the morning. Take away another star.

10/29/2020. I show up at the store by 7 am and tell them my sensors are not working. They scan them and tell me they need to replace 2 more sensor. But will have to come back later to change them out. I show up later and after awhile the manager tells me to go to a toyota dealership and have them reset the entire system and he will reimburse the cost, plus the $60 I had complained about. I make an appointment at Toyota for the next day.

10/30/2020. I show up at toyota service department and am informed that the sensors that had been replaced are not compatible with my vehicle and they will have to be replaced. $500. I call the manager at Firestone and he says he's not willing to pay that amount. After a short phone argument he says get it fixed. A little while later the service manager at toyota informs me that the whole system has been corrupted or overwritten by the tool used at Firestone, and now the cost to replace all sensors and reprogram the TPMS-ECU will be $900. When does this end. My vehicle now sits at the Toyota dealership and I am out multiple hours of work all from a simple tire change.

11/05/2020. Final Bill at toyota was $767. I returned to firestone to get reimbursed. Manager paid the $60 for the original broken sensor but declined paying the toyota bill of $767 and said he would file a claim with firestone and I was to be paid by them. It's been 5 days now and I have heard nothing back from Firestone Customer Service other than an email saying I will be contacted within 48 hrs. Not Happy at all. Take away the final Star!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I took my vehicle in for a diagnosis and repairs. They let my vehicle for a few days. They took my 1700 cash but refused to give me a receipt until the vehicle was done. They took my new battery without my permission and changed it out for one of theirs. They charged me for ac repair and check and even said my AC worked great but lied. It did not. I complained to the BAR and Bridgestone offered me 498 dollars refund for the battery and AC charges. After I brought my vehicle home it almost ran out of brake fluid. The color was pea green. They must have never checked or changed it at all. Beware..

Firestone Complete Auto Care Company Information