Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Service Centers
3.54/5

Firestone Service Centers

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

957 Firestone Service Centers Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2019

I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla with 189,000 miles; on February 12 2019 I had an appointment for an oil change at 09:00. After the oil change I drove home 5.8 miles. I did not use my car till 6:15 pm. I drove for about 5 miles and my oil light came on and the car stopped. I checked the oil stick and found out there was no oil in the engine. I called AAA and had them tow my car back to Firestone. By this time they were closed. I left the car there and had my wife drive me back home. When we arrived I noticed my oil filter was in my driveway. The next morning I went back to Firestone and showed them the oil filter. The person in the shop proceeded to put oil in the car and tried to start it. Of course my car did not start. After 30 minutes he stated that he spoke to his manager and they will give me a car rental.

I came home and went back the next day to see what was the outcome. I was told to keep the car rental and they have opened a claim and I may need another engine. I received a call from their claims department on February 15 and I was told they will look at the value of my car and if price of replacing an engine is more than the value of car they will offer me the value and will not replace the engine. I received a call on Friday March 1st at 5 PM to be told they valuing my car at 3200 and they are unable to find an engine with 188,000 miles and they will not replace the engine with anything with lower miles. They do realize it was their fault but that is their policy. I am supposed to take the offer in two days. I have called a lawyer and awaiting to see what they recommend.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Good if you only want new tires or an oil change. Had an issue on the interstate where my engine was whining and the RPM would spike followed by the car not being able to accelerate. Eventually the car was not operable because of it. I had the car taken to Firestone. They tell me that the cause of the problem was the alternator and battery. I get those replaced.

Jump ahead two months. First time driving on the interstate since the car issues. Same exact problem from the first time occurs. The engine is whining and the RPM jumps followed by the car not being able to accelerate. I take the car back to Firestone because they have a policy that says if they didn't fix the problem the first time, then they will do it again free of charge. This time they tell me that the issue is the transmission (two other sources also confirm to me that it was the transmission this time). They also inform me that they do not have anyone qualified to do transmission work. This was not the biggest deal. I understand that not every garage is going to have someone qualified to do transmission. My issue comes with the following.

Since Firestone is unable to fix the transmission, I wanted a refund on the $1000 they charged me for the service the first time where they did not properly diagnose the issue and allowed me to drive a vehicle that was not road safe on the road. Rather, they tell me two things. 1.) It is extremely likely that the RPM spike and engine whining followed by the car not being able to accelerate were caused by something completely different two months ago compared to the new issue of the transmission being out. 2.) When I push them on how unlikely it is to have two different issues within a two month span that only occur when I drive long distance at a high speed on the interstate, they tell me that it actually is highly possible.

In fact, they go on to tell me plenty of rare things that they have seen since working like someone getting new tires and those new tires getting flat right after they got them on because the person ran over a nail (how that is a related incidence is beyond me...) They also tell me that there in no way to prove what the issue was the first time because they had nothing in their notes about it. Nothing in their notes? So now it is my fault that they didn't record any notes the first time about what my issue was when I told them exactly what happened the first time? Maybe I am fishing here, but it seems more likely that they are trying to avoid giving me a refund or honoring their policy of fixing the issue if they don't fix it the first time. In the end, they 'generously' gave me back $100 of the $1000 they charged me. How kind... It is safe to say that I will not be going back to Firestone. The service I received was unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

First time there to change power steering hose invoice # 159636 took all day, 6/07/16 now 2/25/19 leaking. Talk to ** to replace under warranty, drop off car 8:30 am, don’t call back till 6:30pm, but close at 7:00 and then tell me have to Order hose and fix tomorrow. Terrible customer service. Don’t bring your car there

801 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates, Il.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I've got a Bluetooth OBD-II code reader in my car, so I knew what my fault code was when I walked up to the counter. After telling it to the guy behind the counter and asking if he'd take a look, he took my keys and went into the back. Half an hour later, he was quoting me $650 (!) for an upstream oxygen sensor. I turned down the repair, but still got charged $107 for a "computerized engine analysis" - AKA, plugging in a code reader and reading the code that they already knew. Another shop quoted me $300 for the same repair on the same day. Also, they listed the price of the part I needed as $240 on my receipt. The same part number at any other auto parts supplier is under $70. Seriously, these guys are crooks.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Very disappointed. Thumbs down. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Their great master technician that charges 95.00 said we had a bad fuel pump only. They had the truck for 4 days. The day we picked it up the manager Daniel ** was at the register, 1st of all he couldn't even count the money we gave him right. Said we were a 100.00 short, my husband told him, "No count it again". Then he said, "Oh it's all there" and said we were all set without handing us the keys. My husband had to ask him, "What about the keys".

Then when we start the truck it's making a noise that we never heard before. So we go get Daniel. Mind you the manager to listen to this noise and he said, "Oh I can tell you that noise is a bad starter. You will need a new starter". The only explanation he could come up with is the noise didn't start until I tried starting the truck. So my truck wasn't making any noise when I left it with them. And they didn't hear that noise the whole 4 days in their possession even though the last 2 days they had to move it in and out of the garage bay mysteriously no noise. But by coincidence when I start the truck for 1st time in the parking lot it makes the noise and everytime afterwards what a letdown. The comment Daniel made to me is I can give you a quote for a new starter but you're not gonna like it, was just very poor customer service. Worst experience ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought 4 Bridgestone Dueller A.T. REVO 3 and needed them mounted on my custom 17" wheels which still had the old tires on them and were not mounted on my Tahoe. I dropped off my wheels with old tires on them at 11AM Saturday Feb. 16th at the 4390 Eaton St. Mt. View, Colorado location and was told I could wait for about an hour or pick them up later. I had errands to run so I would be back in a couple of hours. I called a couple of hours later to check status of tire change and they still were not ready? The store closes at 6PM so I figured I'd show up at 5PM to pick them up, they still were not ready. They had been mounted but not balanced because they were having problems doing so. I told them to forget about it - that I would have it done later.

After looking at my rims closer I noticed all 4 had sustained physical damage with gouges and scratches and was told by the service manager that it was normal and common which isn't right and a bunch of baloney. I told him I wanted a full refund of all labor which he did only after I asked him for the district manager's name and phone number, which he did not give me? ** also told me that warped or bent rims can create a problem for balancing. I informed him that I've never hit anything or done anything to bend or warp them and have never had any problems with the wheels until they got ahold of them, after seeing the scratches and gouges I think they bent my rims and created the problem.

I've been trying to find a phone number for Corp. Regional office in Denver Co. for customer complaints but their website gives you the runaround. I looked on the back of my receipt and found a Customer Retention phone # 1-800-367-3872, it's a start because they definitely need to be held accountable for the damage incurred to my rims while in their possession. This is the 3rd location I've tried and all 3 locations have produced less than satisfactory results. 3 strikes you're out!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Dropped my car off Saturday at 9:00am after calling and they said to drop it off. I called at 3:30pm to check on my car and the guy said on the phone he had no idea that my car was there. I then called at 5:45pm and they told me they were working on my car. Finally on Sunday I called for the status on my car and her told me “they haven’t figured it out yet “. At that point I got a ride to pick up my car and the guy at desk told me the battery was disconnected and they just left the car sitting in the parking lot for two days. A car worker connected my battery and I took the car. My family has been customers for a long time, and I will never go back there again, very disappointing! Now I have to Uber to work for Monday.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

If I could give NO stars I would! I have taken my vehicle here three times now and they've struck out with me- I will NEVER go back... Not to ANY Firestone. I knew they were overpriced to begin with (researched in advance), however, the location was extremely convenient as it allowed me to WALK from home and back to drop off/pick up my vehicle. The whole experience with this FRAUD of a company has been so daunting that I will not go into all of the details. Suffice it to say that if my car should break down in their parking lot, I would pay to have it TOWED elsewhere!

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Amy. We would like to know more about your experience, to help resolve this situation. If you could email us with your contact information, invoice number (if available) and details of your concerns, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to your timely response. ^Miguel

Resolution response: Feb. 12, 2019

The manager called and explained it was a mistake that there is no need for a coolant leak diagnostic and that everything is now fine with my car. I am updating to three stars since they did reach back out but I am still not sure I can trust that everything that was already done was needed but since they did the work I am agreeing to not dispute the charge for the work that was done. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had went in for an oil change Tuesday Feb 5th at the National City/San Diego Firestone and told there was an oil pan leak and brake issues, so I went in next day for the diagnostics and was told I have $1800 worth of work. So at first I said just do brakes but called back and said do it all. At that point being concerned, I go back the next day to pick up my car and Alan stated I declined the coolant leak detection, but he never mentioned it and now it's another $70 just to diagnose the leak even though they already did a leak diagnostic.

So my uncle checked my car out for me and he said there is nothing showing up plus there are no leaks, I have full amount of liquids even after days of being parked, there are and never been leaks on the ground, drove my car over 2 hours straight past couple of weeks and there is never low fluid, car is not overheating and no warning lights, I think I was being tricked into this stuff especially being a woman. How do I know if the other stuff now needed to be done. I am so upset about this and thinking about getting a lawyer because it is wrong to take advantage of people. Avoid Firestone and go else where.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I needed two front tires and an alignment. I had researched and gotten a tire quote online. Went to the store and was told the least expensive tire was $100.99. This was after I asked for the on sale tire that was $62.99. I was told they were out of stock. I said I would wait until the tires came in. I was then offered a discount on labor. Price went from $399 to around $350. I again stated I would wait for the tires to come in. Sales person then went into shop to see if he could find something else that would work. He returned moments later telling me I was in luck, he found just the tires I was asking about. Someone had ordered them and not picked them up. He would let me "have" them.

I then showed him the online quote which specifically stated that those tires were in stock at the Natick MA store, had to further ask for the 10% discount shown on the quote. Salesperson then mumbled an apology for the “mix up" and said something about having to correct what the inventory said. Be very aware of what you are doing. In my experience, it is better to tell them what is wrong with your car rather than asking them to diagnose. After reading these other reviews, I'm actually aghast at the rampant dishonesty throughout this company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

My son in college had an alternator and battery replaced at this Firestone on September 28th. Less than 4 months later (Jan 17, 2019) the alternator had to be replaced again. The alternator installed by Firestone was defective. My son broke down in another town and had to get it replaced right away to get back on the road. Firestone won't make good on the bad alternator because he didn't come back for them to replace it. After store manager said there was nothing he could do, I was put in contact with Area Manager. He said there was nothing they could do since they wouldn't be able to return the bad alternator to their supplier. But, I have the bad alternator to give them so they can return it to their supplier... "Oh, well there is still nothing we can do".

I then asked the area manager to provide me with the contact information of a higher level individual at Firestone so that I could escalate the issue and get a resolution. Well, been trying to get that contact information for 13 days now and the area manager simply says "It won't do any good to contact others because it will always come back to me". When I contacted Firestone customer service asking for higher level individuals with more authority, they respond by saying "regional mgr will contact you", then "divisional manager will contact you". Of course, none of them ever do. Not only would I recommend you not use this Austin, TX Firestone, I would suggest you don't use any Firestone. They installed a bad part and won't make it right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I went in for tires and they said I needed 1625 in additional work so I told them, "Just put the tires on and I'm going to get a second opinion," like I always do and the mechanic I took my car to said I only need 300 dollars in work. I won't go to this place ever again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have been bringing my cars to Firestone for years only for the reason we have a Firestone card and make use of the 6 months interest free financing they offer since most times it's difficult to pay out of pocket all at once for car repairs. That being said, we are DONE! My care was there in June 2018 for tires and BRAKES. Come September, my car is acting up, not accelerating and the check engine light is on, traction light on, oil light on. Bring it back in. Later that day I am told I need camshaft sensors to the tune of $309.98 and an Engine Pressure Sender $308.59 + Tax and fees.

In addition, I requested an oil change $36.58. Repair the above mentioned items and $810.49 later I am on my way. SIX weeks later, my car is doing the EXACT SAME THING and all of the lights are back on. Back to Firestone I go. I am told yet again I need to replace the Camshaft Sensors. WHAT?! I just had that done 6 weeks ago. "OK then it should be under warranty" and in addition they say my calipers on the brakes that they just installed 5 months prior have seized! $471.10 So, now I am thinking I should be good for quite some time. WRONG!

FOUR weeks later same problem and all lights are back on again! Bring it back in again and they say "Camshaft Sensors". I'm like NO!!! I had this done in Sept and again in Nov. Something else has to be causing this to happen. "OK, we will call our tech line on Monday and see what they recommend". Monday they call me and say it is NOT the camshaft sensors and that my engine is burning oil faster than normal and that is causing the lights to go on. I just need to add oil to the car more frequently.

So you are telling me I paid for camshaft sensors in Sept for $309.98 for nothing??? "Looks that way"! So I say, "OK, just do the oil and I will be on my way." They tried to charge me $99 for the engine diagnostic when I already paid for it in Sept and they replaced things that weren't even the cause. They removed that charge. Go to get in my car... DEAD! Won't start. They jump the car and lo and behold my engine light is back on. Could be from the jump.

Now they are saying my car was dead because I need a new battery. "UMMM... Didn't you do the courtesy check which includes the battery check." "Yes, but we were more focused on the engine light" but you put it on my bill. So you are saying you did things that you didn't do... $249 for the battery and this will be my VERY LAST purchase from Firestone EVER! I myself, my husband and my mother, who have been using them for years will NEVER be back, in addition to anyone and everyone I can tell about their poor service! FIRESTONE, you lost our respect and you should be ashamed!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I requested an appointment online through the Firestone website. I received both an acknowledgment and a subsequent confirmation email. When I showed up at 7:00 am to the Daphne, AL tire center, I was told they couldn't take me. If I wanted to leave my truck all day, they'd try to fit me in. I restated that I had a confirmed appointment and the staff said, "Well, we tried to call you last night to tell you not to come". That was it, no other statement except, "It's not our fault!" in front of a lobby full of customers. I took my truck to Walmart for the simple oil change and tire rotation and received great service. After being a +20 year customer, I can no longer recommend any Firestone Service Center.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I will never go to Firestone ever again. Never knew a simple oil change result in a new engine. I went to Firestone for oil change in Atlanta GA. In 1 week my oil went low and now my engine is mess up. Firestone ** my engine up.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Late December, 2018, I went to Firestone on Joint Base DML, to get my donut spare for my 2008 VW R32 valve stem replaced. It had a audible and visual leak at the top of the valve stem. I did not tell the service so called tech, the size or type car the donut spare was for. I go in and ask them how much to replace a valve stem on a donut spare. The so called tech goes, "Nope. Can't do it. That wheel is too big to go on our tire machine. You have to go to the dealer and get a new wheel and donut tire." I replied, "For a valve stem!!!!" The so called service tech, proceeds to apologize as I turn around, and quietly head for the door.

I then drive about 10 miles to Morgan Tire, where I usually get my tires from, this time I bring the donut spare in with me. The Service Tech asked what I had. I told him about the bad valve stem. He said some of them are a little tricky to get to, looked at the wheel and said, "Oh. Yours isn't too bad." "You waiting for it, or dropping off?" I asked how long a wait it would be. He said they had a few cars ahead of me, about a half hour. I waited, and about a half hour later it was done. I asked how much, he said $10.00 bucks. I told him, "thank you very much," and went on my merry way.

I've rebuilt engines, transmissions, and rear ends. I know a little bit about cars, and knew you don't buy a new wheel/tire assembly to replace a bad valve stem. I don't know what their problem was but these guys are no good. Might file a complaint with the Base. Just went here because it was about a mile or two closer. Besides, no one can screw up a simple job like this, right? WRONG!!! I was very WRONG!!! Learned my lesson, you've been warned!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

FALSE DIAGNOSIS. Had a power steering leak diagnosed by Firestone and was told 2 lines needed to be replaced. Quote 900 dollars. Very high but needed it done. Returned the next day and noticed leak under car. Firestone rechecked their work and said all is good 3 weeks later and still leaking so back to Firestone. Now they say rack is leaking. Rack is only 6 months old. Brought to another shop and was told line was stripped and replaced it. Line plus labor 90 bucks. I have called complaint line on 12/31/18 reference number is ** and still no one from district management has called me. I want a full refund for my aggravation.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I had been going to the same locations for years now. Every time I go. Seem like I can never go without them telling me something is wrong. To make a long story short last week I took my car in for brakes. The worker told me I needed rotor. Keep in mind I have never had my rotor turned. I asked if they could be turned they tell me no. So I agreed to have brakes and rotor done. A week later, I had a nail in my front driver side tire. I take it to the same location on Galloway. The worker Jake tells me they can not patch my tire because the thread was too low.

Since my tires was under warranty they could give me a brand new set of tires that was higher than what I paid for the original set. I asked Jack if I could get the same brand which was Primewell 215/55R17. Jack advised me that Firestone no longer sell that brand. It was discontinued which was a lie. I decided not to get the tires since they wouldn't fix my flat. I then decided to call another store, spoke with Lee at the Centerville location. Asked if they had any Primewell tires. Lee advised yes they do. They had some in stock and so did the store I just left. At this point Firestone will never get another dollar from me.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I went to the same Firestone where I have been going for a couple years now. I went there for two tires. And they destroyed my two rims. They handed my car back to me knowing they messed my rims up and didn’t even tell me, So I went in the store to tell the store manager, he then came out and looked at my rims, Acknowledged that they completely scratched my two rims up. He then said he will have them fixed. So he called me a couple days later to have me drop my car off. I have the rims fixed.

When I went up to pick my car up they didn’t fix all the scratches they created. They did a crap paint job and said they fixed it which they didn’t. So since I got nowhere with the store manager I then called the 1800 number. Put a claim in. I then never got a return call from this lady who is supposed to be handling my claim. But I got an email telling me they denied my claim. I have made phone call after phone call trying to appeal their denial with my claim because they are in the wrong and they messed my 200 hundred dollar per rim up. And they won’t take responsibility for it. And I have yet to get a return call from this terrible company.

I've been using Firestone 20 plus years. And I will never use this company again. The last thing I wanna say is 9 months ago this same Firestone completely scratched one of my rims when I was buying a new tire. The rim they destroyed was a brand new rim right out of the box. The store manager called told me they would fix it. Which in this case they fix the one rim, probably 'cause it was a brand new rim. But with my 2 rims they just destroyed. They won’t fix what they jacked up because it wasn’t in perfect condition. But either way they jacked up my 2 rims and won’t fix.

This Firestone obviously has a history with scratching rims. I have low profile tires so don’t know if their machine is screwed up or the people who work there don’t know how to handle my rims, but either way they messed my rims up and won’t take ownership of it. I will never deal with a Firestone ever in my life, Terrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We had rotors replaced 5/2018 at Firestone Complete Auto Care, 6211 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL. when braking the stirring is vibrating. We go back to Firestone on Lincoln Ave, We were informed that the warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles. Of course we have more than 12,000 miles, front rotors need to be replaced plus our back brakes need to be replaced for a price $659. My husband went to another mechanic who stated that the rotors were resurfaced and the original pads are still on. Firestone denies resurfacing. Firestone- you are playing with human safety trying to cut corners.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Firestone in the past has always been my go to center for everything from struts to brakes to exhaust and of course tires. This time my daughter went in to get four tires which in itself was not pleasant. Anyway they upcharged to get four tires Which I agreed to. The main problem is a phone call to my daughter that said they had to replace all the lug nuts because they had "swelled" and the lug wrench would not fit. Let's understand it is just at freezing (32 degrees). How could something so cold (metal swell?). Plus they stated ALL LUG NUTS had to be replaced which is an up-charge of $110.00 plus tax.

All tires had been removed in the past two months without a problem on and off (for a brake job)...plus at least two tires were removed for a state inspection. Again not a problem. How can Certificated ACSEs do not have the ability to work on troubleshooting nuts and not break them in the process. I am currently waiting for a call from Firestone From the tech. This is a known issue. Firestone wants to upcharge on the lug nuts.

Firestone Service Centers response

Hello, Peter. Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest possible service when they visit our stores and we are saddened to learn that your recent visit did not live up to those expectations. Please send us an email with a link to your review, your contact information, and the invoice number from this visit so we can address your concerns further. Thank you. ^Steven

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I went for an oil change at 590 East Roosevelt in Lombard, Il. I was told that oil was leaking after the oil change and that the oil pan needs changing to fix. I was quoted $ 700. I said no and had the car towed to an auto shop. I was told the oil bolt was stripped and cross threaded. I had the auto center that I took it to take pictures of the cross thread. I go for a simple oil change and wind up with no car and a broken oil pan bolt. So far I was charged for the oil change $40 for nothing, that I did not get since they ruined the car.

The tech Adam told me that the oil would be drained before I had it towed. The tech at the new place said that the oil was not drained and the car could have been drove there. Now I am out $250 for the tow that I need to be reimbursed. The shop the car is in now will try and rethread the oil pan. I do not know the charge yet or if he can do it, but I need Firestone to reimburse me for the repairs, the tow and credit the oil change charge on my Firestone card. I hope a new oil pan is not needed or it will really cost me for a simple oil change

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I went to Firestone in McKinney TX on 2930 El Dorado Pkwy to have my brakes done because they were squeaking. Technician said I needed my rotors resurfaced and new brakes on the back. I waited for 2 hours and was asked if I wanted to do alignment also. I declined the alignment then all of a sudden my car was done. 8 months later I bring my car into another mechanic and they told me when Firestone resurfaced my rotors they put grooves into the rotor causing my brakes to wear faster. So 8 months later a full set of brakes and rotors were required.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Matt. We are sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at our McKinney location and we would like to help. If you could email us with your contact information, invoice number and a link to this review, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to assisting you further. ^ML

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I started using them when I moved to Henrietta NY. The car was only 1 year old. As time went on they kept saying I had bad brakes and I paid for new brakes over and over. My new boyfriend said he would change them for me, so Firestone gave me a box with the new pads as I had the lifetime warranty. My boyfriend put them on and now not quite 5 months and the brakes are bad again. When he changed the back set he found that they had never changed the rear driver's side at all - they were original factory Honda brakes. I will never use Firestone. They are dishonest.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Juli. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you had experienced at our Henrietta location and we would like to help. If you could email us with your contact information, invoice number and a link to this review, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to hearing from you. ^ML

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Last week I took my SUV into the Firestone Center on Schillinger Rd. in Mobile, AL for a tire rotation, alignment check and oil change. I have been coming to this same center for a couple of years and they have done all of the maintenance on my vehicle since it was new. The next day I was driving and heard a scraping sound underneath my vehicle. I pulled over and checked under the front and saw that the aluminum skid plate that protects the oil pan was hanging down and dragging on the pavement. When the Firestone mechanics reinstalled it after the oil change, they only put two of the twelve screws back in. Eventually it flopped around enough that the wind bent it down and it started dragging.

I contacted the Service Center and they asked me to bring it in. They checked out the damage and told me that they would take care of the repairs. Since then, I have driven back to the service center four times after being told that the parts had been ordered and were coming in. Yesterday they called to assure me that they had the parts and I could come in to get them replaced. Unfortunately, nobody checked to see if they actually had all of the parts and it turns out they were still missing screws so they had to zip tie the front of the skid plate on. I live in the country and it takes me almost an hour to drive to this service center. The next trip to get the last screws put in will be the 5th time I've had to go down there to get this resolved.

The excuse they gave me was that it was the end of the day and the technician was tired. I got there at 4:00 and left at 7:00. 3 hours to change the oil and rotate the tires. This is a failure starting at the top. I can understand a tired mechanic making a mistake but whoever was supposed to check his work and sign off on it dropped the ball. They seem to think this was no big deal but that plate could have easily come off and cut a brake line or punctured the gas tank. The manager, Myles, has never once spoken to me in person even though I've been there 4 times. I've used this center many times but I won't be going back after this.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

STAY WAY FROM FIRESTONE in Wylie, TX! ⚠️ I bought four new tires for my car and everything went well. Two month later I noticed my rear tires were running flat with no tread in the middle and I was fishtailing when I drove in the rain. I brought it up to the tech who worked on it and he insisted that I was doing burnouts. I went to Discount Tire and they told me the tires were overinflated. I went back to Firestone and told the tech, he said I must have put air in it while smirking and kept going on about buying new tires. The technician was Adam and he was dishonest, unethical and my safety was no concern to him. THIS WAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED AND THE SERVICE WAS GARBAGE. STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIRESTONE! ⚠️

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Normally I don't write bad reviews But, there is always a first time. On 11/12/2018 I went to Firestone in Fort Walton Beach to get an headlight bulb replace that it was not working on a driver side. I was in shock when person gave me the estimate...which is almost $200 dollars. According to the person at the shop they have to remove the bumper and other things to install the light bulb. Honestly, that was a ridiculous estimate I have ever heard before. Anyway...the person at the shop suggest me to get a second opinion. So I went to Express Oil Change located on Beal Parkway Fort Walton Beach. Guess what! I only paid $21.19 and person took only 9 minutes to change the headlight bulb and he did need it remove the bumper or anything in order to reach the light bulb... In conclusion Firestone was a about to rip me off!! Overcharging me for a lot money for no reason. I am very disappointed. They lost a customer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

First let me say that this is the first review I have ever done. I had purchased tires through my local VA where I worked $860.00. Appointment was scheduled for 10 am today, my husband worked midnights and took his truck over for the installation of the tires after he got off work. At 2:20 the tires were on. My husband declined alignment check as he was so tired he could wait no longer. Staff at the Garners Ferry SC location did not keep him informed of progress and when he went to leave the tire pressure light was on. So back in he went to get tires checked and the pressure was 20 lbs less than what was supposed to be and there was a leak in one of the valve cores. We have never in our lives waited over 4 hrs to get tires put on with an appointment. That is completely unacceptable. Thank you.

Firestone Service Centers response

Thank you for contacting Firestone, Angela. We do apologize for the long wait time your husband had experienced at our Garners Ferry location and we would like to help. If you could email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with your contact information, invoice number and the store's information, we will escalate your concerns to our upper management team. We look forward to hearing from you soon. ^ML

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

It's really too bad that there isn't a way to give zero stars on here. Please do not schedule any appointments with FireStone Mechanicsburg. They do not value your time at all. In spite of scheduling the appointment, the car maintenance was not completed on time. Eventually, I had to take my car to other shop for the simple oil change. When I ask if the oil change can be done in next 2 hours, as I was ready to wait for 2 hours, he bluntly said no. I would never visit them again and recommend do not waste your time as well.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

In the last 2 years I have had to have the starter replaced by Firestone; twice. At the same location I have had the heater core also replaced twice, the third time I needed it replaced it took it to another business to have it fixed. In 2016 I first had the heater core replaced, only to have to do it again in May 2017. They did cover this one under warranty but I still had to pay for labor. After having my oil changed in December 2017 I started having engine issues in February 2018- only to learn that there was no oil after taking it back to Firestone. My engine did blow in March and my Jeep sat for a few months while I saved money to have the engine replaced. It was replaced in August and the heater core went out in November sending steam and hot antifreeze into the passenger side of my vehicle.

I did contact Firestone and was asked to bring in a copy of my receipt/work order from Tuffy (which I did on 11/22/18), from their manager James. I called a week later as I had received no response. I called and spoke to Josh and left a message for James. I did not receive a call back until today- from Josh. Letting me know that the Area manager Dan had not forwarded my information onto corporate as I had already had it fixed by another company and it was after warranty of 12 months. Well, if my engine had not gone out and it didn't sit it would have been fixed under warranty? I am at a loss with either the faulty parts that are being used; that they have to keep on being replaced. Or, the technicians that are doing the work. I now know that the customer service they offer is just as bad.

Firestone Service Centers Company Information