Firestone

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Today I went to the Firestone Store in Avon, Ohio to get a front end alignment. All of the Firestone people were courteous and thorough. John, the person who took my information, explained in detail what would be done and what the charges would be. Within 30 minutes the job was complete. They informed me my two rear tires will need to be replaced soon (I knew they were questionable at best) and that my charges were $0.00, that's right $0.00. They told me the car did not need an alignment and there was no charge for what they did. There is no doubt in my mind they could have done the job and I would never know it did not need an alignment. I am very impressed by the integrity the people demonstrated at the Avon, Ohio Firestone Store. Thank you for your honesty. You just created a loyal customer who will tell as many people I can about the quality of all the people there.

I bought a 2017 Honda Civic May 31, 2017. In the month of June 2017 my tire pressure warning was coming on. I took it back to the Honda dealer they said I had a nail in the side of my tire and I would have to buy a new tire. They also said the tires that are sold on a new car are less tread and don't last as long. Warranty did not cover the nail. So I bought another Firestone tire to match.

A month later with less than 6000 miles on my new car. I get another flat on a different tire and one of my front tires is very low as if a slow leak. I can't find anything in the tire, just a cut like a rock might have caused. It happen on a Sunday and no tire department open. I put my spare on and drove the car 70 miles to a Costco and I bought all 4 new tires. (Different brand). Costco dealer also told me that new cars are sold with tires to make the car smooth and the tires do not last long. My complaint is I just paid a lot of money and my tires should have lasted me a lot longer than 2 months. I drive the same roads every day and have not ever had a flat. My tires always last at least 2 years.

Firestone Tire in Gallup, New Mexico went above and beyond to help me find a tire to fit my car after I had a blowout headed from New Mexico to Arizona for my daughters softball tournament. When I finally made it to Payson, Arizona they had ordered me a tire and drove it from Phoenix and had it waiting for me. Had me in and out in about 20 minutes and we were able to make my daughters first game. So thanks Kevin in Gallup, NM for helping out 3 women traveling to a 6 hour tournament. The customer service in both locations was great.

Customer invoice #**. Stopped at the Firestone place at 49 Faunce Corner Rd in N. Dartmouth, MA to fix a rear passenger tire with 15lbs of air. The vehicle was brought in and the technician took apart the right front passenger tire and supposedly repair the tire. When I went to driveaway I decided to see the job and my right rear tire was still very low. So I brought it back in and talked to the manager and pointed out that he repaired the wrong tire and asked if the technician couldn't see that the tire needing repaired was the rear tire and not the front tire. Bill total $19.11. The so-called repair lasted about one month so I took it to Town Fair Tire on 01/11/17, invoice #** and had the tire fixed right. Bill total $3.95.

Had a new set of Firestone Destination A/T P265/70R16 tires placed on my truck last winter time, so treadwear is minimal. I have used this tire for some years for my business purposes as we get off road at times and has good traction on grass. However, the afternoon of July 11th, 2017 around 6:30 pm I was driving with my son on Hwy 127 just north of Bethlehem, NC at about 45 miles per hour. Out of nowhere driver's rear tire blew out, smoke everywhere, we swerved all over roadway, and we damn near lost all control of vehicle finally landing off road in a grass field.

This has NEVER happened before, and now that I read so many accounts of this occurring with Firestone tires, including filings with NTSB, I am very concerned about our safety. I am in process of getting the Hickory, NC Firestone Manager to honor the Road Hazard Warranty we always paid for when we buy new tires, as that is supposed to cover 100% cost of replacement if a sidewall blowout occurs. It only pro-rates if you get a flat on the face tread which this is not the case. Tread looks great, but sidewall is completely separated from main tire in near perfect shape! This is a very dangerous thing to happen. Some years ago Firestone was in class action suit too for deaths related to tire sidewall separation, and now I am worried they have let their guard down, going back to old ways if this is now recurring with many others who bought this same tire in recent times.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

We took our car to a body shop to get some body repairs done and also went to Firestone tires and alignment. For alignment they said they did the alignment. When we got it back the steering wheel was not straight and it pulls to the right. Took it back to them they said could not align it because the rear tires are wore out. I worked in a tire shop/alignment shop. I know that is not true if you have new tires on the front. Our car has new tires on the front. They don't know how to do alignments. I will never do business with them again.

On February 27th 2016 I stopped at a Firestone in West Des Moines IA to get a new tires on the back of the drivers side. When finished my daughter and I got back on to HWY 80 which is very windy but my car was shaking like crazy. Couldn't figure it out but I kept getting this clunking noise and was just getting worse but my car is a CS MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE. I was embarrassed when others could hear the noise so my alternator needed to be checked so I asked the mechanic if he could try and find out what that noise was. Well to find out when Firestone put my new tires on they broke my sensor strap and instead of telling me they zipped tied it and the ties were breaking and it was dragging so I had to purchase a new sensor when I was notified from the mechanic.

I've called Firestone corporate office 3 times now and I'm starting to call on or around December 14th and I was told that I would get a response within 24-48 hours. I gave them at least a good month if not longer and out of three calls and this last call they told me that the district manager would call me within 24 hours and that was last week Monday and still have not heard a thing. Not only did they get money for my new tires but the strap for the sensor for me was $40 so I'm sure they get it for ten dollars and instead they use zip ties.

My daughter and I were driving from Wisconsin to the west side of Nebraska - a 16 hour drive. That'd how much they cared about putting to woman on a HWY that is already scary due to the winds. It was nothing like I've experienced before. It just seems they don't care and won't respond but that sensor ended up costing me an extra $109.24. Don't trust Firestone. Sad as it is I have another horror story where they break the item on your vehicle and then say it was already like that...

I am not sure if my frustration exceeds my disappointment with Firestone. I bought my last 3 tires at Macy's but was not crazy about their service. A friend suggested I try Firestone. He frequents a Firestone near him and he is satisfied with the service he has received. Well see if his perception changes once I inform him of my recent encounter.

On March 2, 2017 I arrived at your Firestone store locate at 2847 Candler Rd, Decatur, Ga. 30034 about 11:00 am. I went there to have my temporary (donut) tire replaced by a new tire. I selected the tire in my price range I wanted to purchase. I asked ** (customer rep) how long it would take to complete the service. He suggested at least 2 hours. I took a seat and waited. I saw a service employee get in my car about 1:30 and drive it around to the work area. I checked my watch and assumed I should be done in about ½ hour. An hour later I approached ** and asked why the service was taking so long. He informed he was just getting ready to call me to the counter, it seems the tire I decided on was not in stock. I asked why it took 2 hours to make that determination. His response was he had been busy.

However, he said he had a comparable tire at approximately the same price. I waited another 10 minutes. He finally came out and informed me that he was unable to find any tire to fill my service request. I left the store at approximately 2:40. Which means I spent more than 3 ½ hours trying to get a tire replaced and left with the same donut tire I came with. I had to leave there and drive over to Macy's to get a new tire. Fortunately, Macy's was able to service my car in about an hour.

The first thing that comes to mind is who is responsible for inventory? How does a tire store run out of tires? I did not need a rare esoteric tire or part, this was a standard tire. When an order is placed, someone (** (Customer Rep), ** (Service Manager) etc.) should physically check to insure all parts are in-house. ** tried to convince me that they were so busy that checking the status of my tire was impossible. I admit there were peak periods, however I also saw slow periods. This type of service is unconscionable. I would like to believe that this is not indicative of all Firestones and that it was an isolated incident. However, it is difficult to get perspective when you have missed 4 hours of work you have to make up.

Simple, stay away!!! I am the original owner of a 2004 Honda Accord lx. I always take my car to the dealer for all maintenance and my car is in tip top shape for that reason. I figured since I purchased new tires, an alignment was a good idea. The price was reasonable compared to the dealer so I took my car to Firestone. Big mistake!!! My car had no signs of needing an alignment. It didn't pull and the steering wheel was straight. After the alignment was complete and I went to my car, they forgot tools on my passenger seat which had no plastic. Then, I took my car for a test spin and my steering wheel was crooked and the car shifted to the left bad.

I asked how can my car be worse after the alignment. They stated I need new suspension was a complete lie. I asked for a refund and they stated let them look at it again. I declined and took my car back to the dealer. The print out of the before and after proved Firestone intentionally damaged the alignment. I called corporate and complained. This is unlawful business practices. Stay away stay away stay away!!! They are crooks!

I have Firestone Tires product that comes with any kind of weather. It may slippery even tires is "weatherized" kind. Make sure you some questions to the retailer before you decided to purchase tires you want.

This is my second purchase of Firestone Tires. Last time I bought the top of the line but this time I purchased a much less expensive set. I can't feel any difference between them. They both handle well.

Firestone Destination A/T tires' price was right for the style of tire and are better off road and in bad weather. I have a friend that bought another brand of tire about the same time I got mine and we both like to fish. We had a light rain while we was at the river and when we start to leave and he could not get traction in the mud. So I got behind his 4 wheel drive Chevy pickup with my 2 wheel drive Chevy pickup and pushed him out of the river. The following week he got stuck again. He called me to help him so I went and pulled him out. Needless to say but I got a lot better traction than he did. So he went and bought him some Firestone A/T tires. He has not got stuck since. And even with 25000+ miles on my Firestone A/T tires they still have tread like they was new.

I was an ASE Certified Auto-mechanic. Firestone tires are the best value for the $ and they are a 70 mile rated tire. The higher the mileage rating, the longer the wear, but you have to keep the air pressure right, balance, rotation, alignment. I have 6000 miles on them and they have very good traction in wet and dry conditions.

I have black, rubber and all weather tires. It's what the store carry where I buy my tires. The tires are on multiple vehicles, probably 100,00 miles. Every day I get in my vehicles, I drive away, and the tires work.

I have had many tires and there always seems to be some issue at some point with them. My other tires, Bridgestone Ecopia, were defective and I purchased Firestone tires. They are okay, with normal driving in a Prius and they're at almost 5k miles. They have bump vibration, noise at slower speeds, and better when tires warm but not completely. Firestone store saying it's my shocks, struts? Otherwise good in rain, dry.

It is very durable, last long and have a good grid. I am happy with the product and with the performance. It's a really good brand and is very safe. The value is great and has a good warranty on it. I will buy this again and will recommend it to anybody looking for new tires. The tires new are pricey but in the end you get what you pay for. Keep your family safe while on the road and go with Firestone. You will not regret it in the long run. I will not use any other tires again.

I use my vehicle for work and put on many miles quickly. I drive on rough gravel roads that are hard on tires and these have held up well for me. I also come across hazardous driving due to weather due like ice and flooding. For the heavy use, they are a good value for my money especially with the warranty. I get replacements if I get a flat for any reason, unless it can be repaired. It is important for me to have safe, lasting tires.

The performance was amazing. The tires worked well, very durable and also lasted very long. Just really had a great impression especially on the car because they were so great. Also, the warranty was exactly what they told me it would be. I was really satisfied with the value. The price was very affordable for me and worth the price.

I got the Firestone tires on sale for about sixty five dollars a tire all the way around. This was such a good deal for the tires that I got on my truck, I was only going to get two until they told me what a good deal four was. I have a full warranty from discount tire, as long as I rotate them I can get them replaced or discounted when and if anything ever goes wrong in the course of the life of the tire. These Firestone tires perform well in varied conditions of weather - in rain, in snow, on ice and in sleet. I've been pleased with the overall performance of these tires. They have made a huge difference in my driving experience.

The Firestone Tires worked better than I expected them to because I bought them from Walmart. I'd happily buy them again for every vehicle I own forever. I spent about half as much as I had planned on and was overly happy with what my hard earned money paid for. The warranty covered everything that could possibly happen to my tires. And I didn't even have to buy an extended warranty. I'd recommend you buy them and find out for yourself just how great and wonderful they are.

My tires still look fairly new considering the off road excursions, interstate driving and back road driving. They have lasted through 90,000 miles! Lots of road trips, off road trips, and still good in rain and snow. I have traveled to Florida, which is 1700 miles away from our home, at least 4 times. I have went on off road camp trips which require driving 45 min on gravel, rock, potholes, and over lots of random tree branches. The performance of the tires are still the same as when they were first purchased. 2 year warranty is awesome considering all the driving we do and the types of places we go. I would recommend these tires to anyone over all other tires. The tires may cost a little more than some of the others but you definitely get what you pay for. The price is worth it considering I don't have to buy new ones as often as someone who purchases some at a lesser value.

I've had Firestone Tires on two vehicles for about a year and they're great. They drive smooth on both city and off-road terrains. The tires also have a sleek design to better your driving performance. It's a must buy and I recommend it very much. The warranty is for 6 months or a year and has 100% money back but trust me they don't even need a warranty. I often travel off road and I haven't had the need to get rid of them and will purchase more. These tires are quality so there is no concern on the price, and may be the one that save your life.

The tires were in my price range and can recommended. They are a brand I feel I can trust. Warranty is what you come to expect from Firestone. I feel comfortable knowing if there is a problem I am covered. The tires have been wonderful in all types of weather. From hot sunny desert weather to pouring rain. They are a great tire from a great company.

They were good tires for winter. I drive a lot and I was worried about sliding but the tread was good. When first got them they ran amazing and I loved when I would drive. They could have been more idealized for long travel as I go see my kids ally and that's a 3 hour drive. They don't burn easy and that was nice. They did what they were suppose to. They lasted about 2 years and then one blew. Then one went bald and I had to replace them. I would not buy them again. These could have lasted much longer. The company I bought then from gave me 3 year warranty so I was able to replace the ones that got wrecked and I went with a longer lasting brand. The company was understanding.

I got an amazing deal on the Firestone tires from a man working there. They had been ordered for another customer and they never came to pick them up, so I ended up getting them for almost wholesale price. I would have spent double at any place else. I think 50,000 miles says it all for durability. I think I had a 2 year warranty on them and I haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. 3 years would have been even better, but I'm completely happy with it and I would definitely buy this brand again. They performed as well as the Uniroyal tires I had previously. We had a bad winter that year and I had no trouble at all getting around in the snow.

The Firestone tires I bought were extremely durable. I needed good grip for pulling my boat out of the water at launch ramps but I also needed a smooth riding tire too. The Firestone provided me with both. The tread was long lasting and I never had any type of sidewall issues or valve stem problems. I never needed the warranty for 50k miles replacement if the tire went bad such as defect. Free flat repair and rotation for life of tire. Mileage was good, no humming or whining. They provided ample traction and road grip while in steep terrain. I would consider the value of the Firestones I bought to be exceptional. They lasted well beyond the 50K miles they were rated for with hardly and noticeable decline in tread thickness.

Product lasts as long as, if not longer than stated by manufacturer. I had to use my warranty for my tires. I did have a nail in my tire after my former purchase of these tires and it was covered. The process was easy and convenient. Tires hold air great! When driving the tires do not make noise and handle corners/turns very well! No issues with tires when driving 70mph. Fantastic product and definitely received my monies' worth. This product still is a little pricey but I feel that it is the best product in its area for the price. Others with a similar price I have found are not as good.

Living in Maryland, where we have 4 seasons that range from unbearably hot, and frigidly cold, and extremely bad roads, my tires held up and drove perfectly for me. The warranty was superb compared to more expensive brands. I couldn't have been any more happy with the purchase I made, they were for my Camaro and drove quite frankly like sports tires. For the price and the performance I got out of them I was thrilled. I purchased these tires because as a single mom I needed reliable and affordable tires. You get all of that with Firestone, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get that with any other brand on the market.

They are very durable. Last up to two months longer than most of the competitive brands, great traction, durable enough to withstand almost all conditions and weather climates. Offers a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty and will replace your tires for free if anything happens even if you aren't the driver or it's your fault. Great traction and no slip technology allows you to burn out and take off like a professional Nascar driver while also letting you stop quickly if needed to ensure safety. A little bit more expensive but it is definitely worth it because you get a more trusting, reliable, and safe tire that lasts longer and also receive a warranty.

The durability is tenacious or fortified. It's one of the most durable tires amongst all of the rest. I am very satisfied with the service. The warranty is reasonable and it gives you enough time to return items if there happens to be a problem with the tires and that's pretty reasonable and fair to people. The performance is high quality and top notch and it's highly recommended. The speed is much better than the rest and it stands out. Also, the value is affordable and accommodating for everyone. It's worth your money.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
  • Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.
  • Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.
  • Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.
  • Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.
  • Best for Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Compare Tires