Firestone

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

On February 27th 2016 I stopped at a Firestone in West Des Moines IA to get a new tires on the back of the drivers side. When finished my daughter and I got back on to HWY 80 which is very windy but my car was shaking like crazy. Couldn't figure it out but I kept getting this clunking noise and was just getting worse but my car is a CS MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE. I was embarrassed when others could hear the noise so my alternator needed to be checked so I asked the mechanic if he could try and find out what that noise was. Well to find out when Firestone put my new tires on they broke my sensor strap and instead of telling me they zipped tied it and the ties were breaking and it was dragging so I had to purchase a new sensor when I was notified from the mechanic.

I've called Firestone corporate office 3 times now and I'm starting to call on or around December 14th and I was told that I would get a response within 24-48 hours. I gave them at least a good month if not longer and out of three calls and this last call they told me that the district manager would call me within 24 hours and that was last week Monday and still have not heard a thing. Not only did they get money for my new tires but the strap for the sensor for me was $40 so I'm sure they get it for ten dollars and instead they use zip ties.

My daughter and I were driving from Wisconsin to the west side of Nebraska - a 16 hour drive. That'd how much they cared about putting to woman on a HWY that is already scary due to the winds. It was nothing like I've experienced before. It just seems they don't care and won't respond but that sensor ended up costing me an extra $109.24. Don't trust Firestone. Sad as it is I have another horror story where they break the item on your vehicle and then say it was already like that...

I am not sure if my frustration exceeds my disappointment with Firestone. I bought my last 3 tires at Macy's but was not crazy about their service. A friend suggested I try Firestone. He frequents a Firestone near him and he is satisfied with the service he has received. Well see if his perception changes once I inform him of my recent encounter.

On March 2, 2017 I arrived at your Firestone store locate at 2847 Candler Rd, Decatur, Ga. 30034 about 11:00 am. I went there to have my temporary (donut) tire replaced by a new tire. I selected the tire in my price range I wanted to purchase. I asked ** (customer rep) how long it would take to complete the service. He suggested at least 2 hours. I took a seat and waited. I saw a service employee get in my car about 1:30 and drive it around to the work area. I checked my watch and assumed I should be done in about ½ hour. An hour later I approached ** and asked why the service was taking so long. He informed he was just getting ready to call me to the counter, it seems the tire I decided on was not in stock. I asked why it took 2 hours to make that determination. His response was he had been busy.

However, he said he had a comparable tire at approximately the same price. I waited another 10 minutes. He finally came out and informed me that he was unable to find any tire to fill my service request. I left the store at approximately 2:40. Which means I spent more than 3 ½ hours trying to get a tire replaced and left with the same donut tire I came with. I had to leave there and drive over to Macy's to get a new tire. Fortunately, Macy's was able to service my car in about an hour.

The first thing that comes to mind is who is responsible for inventory? How does a tire store run out of tires? I did not need a rare esoteric tire or part, this was a standard tire. When an order is placed, someone (** (Customer Rep), ** (Service Manager) etc.) should physically check to insure all parts are in-house. ** tried to convince me that they were so busy that checking the status of my tire was impossible. I admit there were peak periods, however I also saw slow periods. This type of service is unconscionable. I would like to believe that this is not indicative of all Firestones and that it was an isolated incident. However, it is difficult to get perspective when you have missed 4 hours of work you have to make up.

Simple, stay away!!! I am the original owner of a 2004 Honda Accord lx. I always take my car to the dealer for all maintenance and my car is in tip top shape for that reason. I figured since I purchased new tires, an alignment was a good idea. The price was reasonable compared to the dealer so I took my car to Firestone. Big mistake!!! My car had no signs of needing an alignment. It didn't pull and the steering wheel was straight. After the alignment was complete and I went to my car, they forgot tools on my passenger seat which had no plastic. Then, I took my car for a test spin and my steering wheel was crooked and the car shifted to the left bad.

I asked how can my car be worse after the alignment. They stated I need new suspension was a complete lie. I asked for a refund and they stated let them look at it again. I declined and took my car back to the dealer. The print out of the before and after proved Firestone intentionally damaged the alignment. I called corporate and complained. This is unlawful business practices. Stay away stay away stay away!!! They are crooks!

I have Firestone Tires product that comes with any kind of weather. It may slippery even tires is "weatherized" kind. Make sure you some questions to the retailer before you decided to purchase tires you want.

This is my second purchase of Firestone Tires. Last time I bought the top of the line but this time I purchased a much less expensive set. I can't feel any difference between them. They both handle well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Firestone Destination A/T tires' price was right for the style of tire and are better off road and in bad weather. I have a friend that bought another brand of tire about the same time I got mine and we both like to fish. We had a light rain while we was at the river and when we start to leave and he could not get traction in the mud. So I got behind his 4 wheel drive Chevy pickup with my 2 wheel drive Chevy pickup and pushed him out of the river. The following week he got stuck again. He called me to help him so I went and pulled him out. Needless to say but I got a lot better traction than he did. So he went and bought him some Firestone A/T tires. He has not got stuck since. And even with 25000+ miles on my Firestone A/T tires they still have tread like they was new.

I was an ASE Certified Auto-mechanic. Firestone tires are the best value for the $ and they are a 70 mile rated tire. The higher the mileage rating, the longer the wear, but you have to keep the air pressure right, balance, rotation, alignment. I have 6000 miles on them and they have very good traction in wet and dry conditions.

I have black, rubber and all weather tires. It's what the store carry where I buy my tires. The tires are on multiple vehicles, probably 100,00 miles. Every day I get in my vehicles, I drive away, and the tires work.

I have had many tires and there always seems to be some issue at some point with them. My other tires, Bridgestone Ecopia, were defective and I purchased Firestone tires. They are okay, with normal driving in a Prius and they're at almost 5k miles. They have bump vibration, noise at slower speeds, and better when tires warm but not completely. Firestone store saying it's my shocks, struts? Otherwise good in rain, dry.

It is very durable, last long and have a good grid. I am happy with the product and with the performance. It's a really good brand and is very safe. The value is great and has a good warranty on it. I will buy this again and will recommend it to anybody looking for new tires. The tires new are pricey but in the end you get what you pay for. Keep your family safe while on the road and go with Firestone. You will not regret it in the long run. I will not use any other tires again.

I use my vehicle for work and put on many miles quickly. I drive on rough gravel roads that are hard on tires and these have held up well for me. I also come across hazardous driving due to weather due like ice and flooding. For the heavy use, they are a good value for my money especially with the warranty. I get replacements if I get a flat for any reason, unless it can be repaired. It is important for me to have safe, lasting tires.

The performance was amazing. The tires worked well, very durable and also lasted very long. Just really had a great impression especially on the car because they were so great. Also, the warranty was exactly what they told me it would be. I was really satisfied with the value. The price was very affordable for me and worth the price.

I got the Firestone tires on sale for about sixty five dollars a tire all the way around. This was such a good deal for the tires that I got on my truck, I was only going to get two until they told me what a good deal four was. I have a full warranty from discount tire, as long as I rotate them I can get them replaced or discounted when and if anything ever goes wrong in the course of the life of the tire. These Firestone tires perform well in varied conditions of weather - in rain, in snow, on ice and in sleet. I've been pleased with the overall performance of these tires. They have made a huge difference in my driving experience.

The Firestone Tires worked better than I expected them to because I bought them from Walmart. I'd happily buy them again for every vehicle I own forever. I spent about half as much as I had planned on and was overly happy with what my hard earned money paid for. The warranty covered everything that could possibly happen to my tires. And I didn't even have to buy an extended warranty. I'd recommend you buy them and find out for yourself just how great and wonderful they are.

My tires still look fairly new considering the off road excursions, interstate driving and back road driving. They have lasted through 90,000 miles! Lots of road trips, off road trips, and still good in rain and snow. I have traveled to Florida, which is 1700 miles away from our home, at least 4 times. I have went on off road camp trips which require driving 45 min on gravel, rock, potholes, and over lots of random tree branches. The performance of the tires are still the same as when they were first purchased. 2 year warranty is awesome considering all the driving we do and the types of places we go. I would recommend these tires to anyone over all other tires. The tires may cost a little more than some of the others but you definitely get what you pay for. The price is worth it considering I don't have to buy new ones as often as someone who purchases some at a lesser value.

I've had Firestone Tires on two vehicles for about a year and they're great. They drive smooth on both city and off-road terrains. The tires also have a sleek design to better your driving performance. It's a must buy and I recommend it very much. The warranty is for 6 months or a year and has 100% money back but trust me they don't even need a warranty. I often travel off road and I haven't had the need to get rid of them and will purchase more. These tires are quality so there is no concern on the price, and may be the one that save your life.

The tires were in my price range and can recommended. They are a brand I feel I can trust. Warranty is what you come to expect from Firestone. I feel comfortable knowing if there is a problem I am covered. The tires have been wonderful in all types of weather. From hot sunny desert weather to pouring rain. They are a great tire from a great company.

They were good tires for winter. I drive a lot and I was worried about sliding but the tread was good. When first got them they ran amazing and I loved when I would drive. They could have been more idealized for long travel as I go see my kids ally and that's a 3 hour drive. They don't burn easy and that was nice. They did what they were suppose to. They lasted about 2 years and then one blew. Then one went bald and I had to replace them. I would not buy them again. These could have lasted much longer. The company I bought then from gave me 3 year warranty so I was able to replace the ones that got wrecked and I went with a longer lasting brand. The company was understanding.

I got an amazing deal on the Firestone tires from a man working there. They had been ordered for another customer and they never came to pick them up, so I ended up getting them for almost wholesale price. I would have spent double at any place else. I think 50,000 miles says it all for durability. I think I had a 2 year warranty on them and I haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. 3 years would have been even better, but I'm completely happy with it and I would definitely buy this brand again. They performed as well as the Uniroyal tires I had previously. We had a bad winter that year and I had no trouble at all getting around in the snow.

The Firestone tires I bought were extremely durable. I needed good grip for pulling my boat out of the water at launch ramps but I also needed a smooth riding tire too. The Firestone provided me with both. The tread was long lasting and I never had any type of sidewall issues or valve stem problems. I never needed the warranty for 50k miles replacement if the tire went bad such as defect. Free flat repair and rotation for life of tire. Mileage was good, no humming or whining. They provided ample traction and road grip while in steep terrain. I would consider the value of the Firestones I bought to be exceptional. They lasted well beyond the 50K miles they were rated for with hardly and noticeable decline in tread thickness.

Product lasts as long as, if not longer than stated by manufacturer. I had to use my warranty for my tires. I did have a nail in my tire after my former purchase of these tires and it was covered. The process was easy and convenient. Tires hold air great! When driving the tires do not make noise and handle corners/turns very well! No issues with tires when driving 70mph. Fantastic product and definitely received my monies' worth. This product still is a little pricey but I feel that it is the best product in its area for the price. Others with a similar price I have found are not as good.

Living in Maryland, where we have 4 seasons that range from unbearably hot, and frigidly cold, and extremely bad roads, my tires held up and drove perfectly for me. The warranty was superb compared to more expensive brands. I couldn't have been any more happy with the purchase I made, they were for my Camaro and drove quite frankly like sports tires. For the price and the performance I got out of them I was thrilled. I purchased these tires because as a single mom I needed reliable and affordable tires. You get all of that with Firestone, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get that with any other brand on the market.

They are very durable. Last up to two months longer than most of the competitive brands, great traction, durable enough to withstand almost all conditions and weather climates. Offers a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty and will replace your tires for free if anything happens even if you aren't the driver or it's your fault. Great traction and no slip technology allows you to burn out and take off like a professional Nascar driver while also letting you stop quickly if needed to ensure safety. A little bit more expensive but it is definitely worth it because you get a more trusting, reliable, and safe tire that lasts longer and also receive a warranty.

The durability is tenacious or fortified. It's one of the most durable tires amongst all of the rest. I am very satisfied with the service. The warranty is reasonable and it gives you enough time to return items if there happens to be a problem with the tires and that's pretty reasonable and fair to people. The performance is high quality and top notch and it's highly recommended. The speed is much better than the rest and it stands out. Also, the value is affordable and accommodating for everyone. It's worth your money.

When I looked for tires I first looked for anything cheap but after doing some research I decided on Firestone tires because of their durability. We have had no problems with these tires. We got warranty on the tires considering they were a little higher than others. So far we never had to use it but if we do need assistance the warranty should cover it. These tires perform well in summer and winter, we had them for over a year now. Road noise is also minimal, we still don't see much wear and tear on the tires. Even though we were looking at the cheapest options first we decided that paying a little higher for a much better quality tire was well worth the price.

These tires lasted me a few years and had no problems with them. Great for both the winter and summer months. Got good grip in all conditions. Warranted for about 70000 miles and they sure did last me a very long time. Regular rotation of the tires so that they last what they were supposed to be. Performance was good, not much tire noise at all while regular driving on surface streets and on the highway. Good all around tires for daily driving. Great value. A good all around tire for the right price. They weren't too expensive yet they also weren't really cheap. Compared them to other tires and checked price before purchasing.

The Firestone Firehawk 235/55 ZR17 were beautiful performers. Low noise, high durability, and great handling. The tired grip very well. Even in moments where I needed to take off quickly, spin was minimum and curves were straightened. They lasted for 60000 and could have been pushed a little more, but better safe than sorry. I didn't have to use the warranty because the tires outlasted it, which I take as a good thing, but I have heard of others that used the warranty and were completely satisfied, so I feel comfortable with it. Of course you always want something for free, but if I have to pay, I want to pay for quality, and these tires were it. The Firestone Firehawk 135/55 ZR17 were wonderful for the price. If you can, I recommend buying a full set to get the full experience.

Lasted for a long time. Tires had even wear throughout all tires. The warranty was very nice when I ran over a nail and got a flat. Tire was fixed very quickly. No charge. The tires wear was very even. Tires performance was great in all weather conditions and situations. I felt that these tires were priced competitively based on what I was looking for. It was a good value with a good warranty. Very satisfied.

I loved the new tires. They were exactly what I needed. One time it was raining and I was in a real jam and when I pressed on my brakes my tires did their job. I love my warranty because it gives me the option of returning with no problem. They have the most exciting warranty available. My tires have the best performance. I can press on my brakes and my car automatically stops on queue. Once you buy tires they should last and work wonders for you. The value of the tires are way more expensive for the price. So you are really getting a good deal.

The full set of Firestone tires that I purchased for my Nissan Sentra lasted for over two years and the car drove very smooth. When I needed new tires I purchased the Firestone tires again. I was also pleased with the 2nd set. I was given a one year warranty with both sets of the Firestone tires. Both times they outlasted the warranty. I was very pleased with the service and wear that I received. I would recommend them to anyone. The performance of the tires were very satisfactory. A smooth ride was received both times I purchased the Firestone tires. I received a very fair price for the tires for both times I purchased them. I was also offered rotation for free as a part of the deal.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
  • Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.
  • Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.
  • Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.
  • Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.
  • Best for Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Compare Tires