Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

278 Firestone Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Ocala Firestone tried to tell me that the tire was not safe to go around the block. Tried to sell me an undersized tire. Rode on tire for another month and when we had it changed at another Firestone they did not see the gloom and doom picture that was painted for us. At second Firestone we bought a new tire and asked them to check our spare. They told me they could not crank the spare tire down. We got home and the crank worked. Both places have LIARS working for them. Never again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Barely got 18,000 miles out of brand new tires. I drive 90% of my miles on the highway, and in no way drive my car hard, or in some way to wear my tires out. For a 460 rating, these 2017 tires are a joke and should be taken off the market.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a set of Firestone Indy 500 rear tires on Tirerack.com. The tires were installed by Firestone Complete Autocare in February 2018 and an alignment was performed. 5 Months and 5,000 miles later the tires were completely bold. I called Firestone Corporate Warranty department. After 45 minutes on hold (I was caller # 2 for 45 minutes), they inform me that the tire has no tread warranty and that there is nothing they can do for me. Went to the local Firestone Complete Auto Care store in Laguna Niguel and they confirmed that this wear is very unusual but they recommended to call the corporate customer service again. I tried again, was left 45 minutes on hold as Caller # 1 and then I was informed that the office is now close and to try again tomorrow. In the meantime I ordered a set of Continental DWS, got them installed. The last time they lasted over 30,000 miles. Never again will I buy Firestone.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Our 2016 Jeep Patriot came with Firestone tires from the factory. The tread seemed to hold up but wet and dry traction was horrible and a soft sidewall. They were so bad that we took them off after only 9,000 miles of use. This was a common complaint with Patriot owners. Reviews at places like tirerack.com reflected the same thing. The only other Firestones we owned came on a used car we bought a long time ago were Firestone 721 and the belts broke on all 4 tires. That said, people have had good things to say about Firestone Destination tires. When buying tires you need to review the specific model tire not just the brand.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Best tires ever. They are very durable and long lasting. I love these tires and I would not buy any other brand. I do not own a car now but I have always bought Firestone in the past.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: June 22, 2018

Buy the road hazard and lifetime alignment. Many times you can get a deal when getting a full set of tires. Has paid off for me numerous times and nationwide.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Believe all the bad reviews about these tires. Tires should be renamed "FIRE-PITIFUL". Bought a brand new Honda Fit after trading in my Honda CR-Z. Tires that came with my CR-Z were actually Dunlop tires that held up for about 50,000+ before I finally replaced them which was awesome. My brand new Honda Fit came with Fire-pitiful(s). Oh goodness. Now I've heard and read all the terrible reviews and complaints about Fire-pitiful tires for years and years but of course I had no control over the Fire-pitiful(s) that came with my new car. Smh. I don't even do a lot of driving. One of my tires was flattened after only a few months (3000+) miles, of having my car. Tire pressure light kept coming on and had to get it replaced because it was not good!

Next, a tire bubble developed on another tire after 22,000 miles. Now I know tire bubbles can develop on just about any tire but I don't think it's just a coincidence. As I stated earlier I drove on all kinds of potholes, cracks, and crevices on my Dunlop tires for 50,000 + miles and had not ever had an issue. I get Fire-pitiful(s) and the tires just fall apart. Tires don't hold up for nothing. I really don't understand why Honda would even use these tires for their brand new cars. Their tires are just terrible... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I took my vehicle (Tahoe) to Firestone for a full set of new tires. When I picked it up it was dark. I noticed both wing mirrors were folded in but thought nothing of it. I drove home and parked my car and then didn't use it again until I went to work. First thing I saw as I walked towards my vehicle is a long scratch (about 16-18" long and was right down to the metal) and dent at the bottom of the passenger front door above the running board.

I called Firestone and they said to "come in and they would see what they could do to help me out with it". I did that the next morning and they sent me over to a body shop they use/knew and they gave me an estimate to repair the damage $559.00. I went back to Firestone with the estimate and the manager said, "I don't see how we could have done that but for customer relations we'll pay 50% towards the repair and that's the best we can do". My new tires cost me $543 to begin with and now with the damage the full set will have cost me $823.00.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

These tires are terrible and I believe a huge safety hazard for anyone with a SUV or truck. My Toyota 2000 Tacoma only had the tires on my truck one week and a half when the tire popped out of the rim and blew out. I had to have the truck towed to the nearest Firestone dealer. The mechanic said I must have hit a pothole. Not so. The tire broke out of the rim. Do not buy these destination AT 102 speed OWL. Purchased road hazard for $69.60 protection. They made me pay another $5.00 for handling of old tire. Not fair, not my fault.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My husband was very fortunate while travelling home from work in our CRV today. He started to feel a vibration, and then a loud explosion. The rear passenger tire shredded so bad that it broke parts of our vehicle, as well as the brake line. I will never allow anyone I love on this brand of tires after this.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Caution. Warranties/Lifetime Service products for tires purchased at Independent Firestone stores are not honored by the Nation Wide Firestone stores. I made the mistake of buying a set of tires, including Road Hazard and Lifetime Rotation/Balancing at the Bercher Firestone in Rosenberg, TX. The price, as it turns out, is exactly the same as if purchased at a Firestone Complete Auto Care store. However, the warranty is only honored at this store.

I was not informed of this prior to my purchase even though I stated the reason for purchasing tires was we were making a cross county move (our home was destroyed in Hurricane Harvey). After the tires were installed and I paid the bill the owner said he would see me in ~ 5000 miles for rotation. I reminded him we were moving and would not be back in this state. I said I assume the warranty is good at any Firestone and he said no. I called the Firestone in the area we are moving to and asked if they honored any warranty for tires purchased at an Independent Firestone. I was told no.

I called Firestone Customer Service. The representative said that was hard to believe and said he would be very angry if that happened to him. He placed me on hold and called the store where we are moving... They told him what they told me... The warranties issued by Independent stores are only good at that store. Admittedly I do not have a tire problem today. The tires are 1 day old and have about 20 miles on them. But in the future, they will have thousands of miles on them and the several hundred dollars I paid for extended service/warranties is worthless. Buyer beware. Do not buy at an Independent Firestone store unless you plan to use that store for the life of your tires.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I am a commercial driver and need a lot of work on my vehicle. I got an oil change at Conrad's and they told me that my power steering fluid was leaking. I went and had it checked out at Firestone in Avon and John the service manager told me that he can do a dye test, which I never knew anything about. I have taken my vehicle to different places to do simple oil changes to sort of shop around. There are a lot of crooks out there and you really have to be careful. Well, I did the dye test and brought the car back in a couple of days. John checked it out and stated that it wasn't long enough and told me to wait a couple of days and bring it back.

I did that and John let me know that the oil was just seeping from my engine and that it was not a big deal. He did not even charge me! All I can say is, he could have taken me for hundreds of dollars and I would have not known the difference. I would highly recommend the Firestone in Avon. After the fact, I went to an independent Firestone in Lakewood for an oil change and they told me that my power steering box was leaking. I told the service manager that it was nothing, that I already checked it out, and he gave me a funny look. Right then and there I knew not to go back there because I felt the dishonesty. John has a lot of integrity and thats saying a lot in today's cutthroat business world. I really get sick of people trying to take me for a ride.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Today I went to the Firestone Store in Avon, Ohio to get a front end alignment. All of the Firestone people were courteous and thorough. John, the person who took my information, explained in detail what would be done and what the charges would be. Within 30 minutes the job was complete. They informed me my two rear tires will need to be replaced soon (I knew they were questionable at best) and that my charges were $0.00, that's right $0.00. They told me the car did not need an alignment and there was no charge for what they did. There is no doubt in my mind they could have done the job and I would never know it did not need an alignment. I am very impressed by the integrity the people demonstrated at the Avon, Ohio Firestone Store. Thank you for your honesty. You just created a loyal customer who will tell as many people I can about the quality of all the people there.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I bought a 2017 Honda Civic May 31, 2017. In the month of June 2017 my tire pressure warning was coming on. I took it back to the Honda dealer they said I had a nail in the side of my tire and I would have to buy a new tire. They also said the tires that are sold on a new car are less tread and don't last as long. Warranty did not cover the nail. So I bought another Firestone tire to match.

A month later with less than 6000 miles on my new car. I get another flat on a different tire and one of my front tires is very low as if a slow leak. I can't find anything in the tire, just a cut like a rock might have caused. It happen on a Sunday and no tire department open. I put my spare on and drove the car 70 miles to a Costco and I bought all 4 new tires. (Different brand). Costco dealer also told me that new cars are sold with tires to make the car smooth and the tires do not last long. My complaint is I just paid a lot of money and my tires should have lasted me a lot longer than 2 months. I drive the same roads every day and have not ever had a flat. My tires always last at least 2 years.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Firestone Tire in Gallup, New Mexico went above and beyond to help me find a tire to fit my car after I had a blowout headed from New Mexico to Arizona for my daughters softball tournament. When I finally made it to Payson, Arizona they had ordered me a tire and drove it from Phoenix and had it waiting for me. Had me in and out in about 20 minutes and we were able to make my daughters first game. So thanks Kevin in Gallup, NM for helping out 3 women traveling to a 6 hour tournament. The customer service in both locations was great.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Customer invoice #**. Stopped at the Firestone place at 49 Faunce Corner Rd in N. Dartmouth, MA to fix a rear passenger tire with 15lbs of air. The vehicle was brought in and the technician took apart the right front passenger tire and supposedly repair the tire. When I went to driveaway I decided to see the job and my right rear tire was still very low. So I brought it back in and talked to the manager and pointed out that he repaired the wrong tire and asked if the technician couldn't see that the tire needing repaired was the rear tire and not the front tire. Bill total $19.11. The so-called repair lasted about one month so I took it to Town Fair Tire on 01/11/17, invoice #** and had the tire fixed right. Bill total $3.95.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Had a new set of Firestone Destination A/T P265/70R16 tires placed on my truck last winter time, so treadwear is minimal. I have used this tire for some years for my business purposes as we get off road at times and has good traction on grass. However, the afternoon of July 11th, 2017 around 6:30 pm I was driving with my son on Hwy 127 just north of Bethlehem, NC at about 45 miles per hour. Out of nowhere driver's rear tire blew out, smoke everywhere, we swerved all over roadway, and we damn near lost all control of vehicle finally landing off road in a grass field.

This has NEVER happened before, and now that I read so many accounts of this occurring with Firestone tires, including filings with NTSB, I am very concerned about our safety. I am in process of getting the Hickory, NC Firestone Manager to honor the Road Hazard Warranty we always paid for when we buy new tires, as that is supposed to cover 100% cost of replacement if a sidewall blowout occurs. It only pro-rates if you get a flat on the face tread which this is not the case. Tread looks great, but sidewall is completely separated from main tire in near perfect shape! This is a very dangerous thing to happen. Some years ago Firestone was in class action suit too for deaths related to tire sidewall separation, and now I am worried they have let their guard down, going back to old ways if this is now recurring with many others who bought this same tire in recent times.

Original review: June 16, 2017

We took our car to a body shop to get some body repairs done and also went to Firestone tires and alignment. For alignment they said they did the alignment. When we got it back the steering wheel was not straight and it pulls to the right. Took it back to them they said could not align it because the rear tires are wore out. I worked in a tire shop/alignment shop. I know that is not true if you have new tires on the front. Our car has new tires on the front. They don't know how to do alignments. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: March 14, 2017

On February 27th 2016 I stopped at a Firestone in West Des Moines IA to get a new tires on the back of the drivers side. When finished my daughter and I got back on to HWY 80 which is very windy but my car was shaking like crazy. Couldn't figure it out but I kept getting this clunking noise and was just getting worse but my car is a CS MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE. I was embarrassed when others could hear the noise so my alternator needed to be checked so I asked the mechanic if he could try and find out what that noise was. Well to find out when Firestone put my new tires on they broke my sensor strap and instead of telling me they zipped tied it and the ties were breaking and it was dragging so I had to purchase a new sensor when I was notified from the mechanic.

I've called Firestone corporate office 3 times now and I'm starting to call on or around December 14th and I was told that I would get a response within 24-48 hours. I gave them at least a good month if not longer and out of three calls and this last call they told me that the district manager would call me within 24 hours and that was last week Monday and still have not heard a thing. Not only did they get money for my new tires but the strap for the sensor for me was $40 so I'm sure they get it for ten dollars and instead they use zip ties.

My daughter and I were driving from Wisconsin to the west side of Nebraska - a 16 hour drive. That'd how much they cared about putting to woman on a HWY that is already scary due to the winds. It was nothing like I've experienced before. It just seems they don't care and won't respond but that sensor ended up costing me an extra $109.24. Don't trust Firestone. Sad as it is I have another horror story where they break the item on your vehicle and then say it was already like that...

Original review: March 5, 2017

I am not sure if my frustration exceeds my disappointment with Firestone. I bought my last 3 tires at Macy's but was not crazy about their service. A friend suggested I try Firestone. He frequents a Firestone near him and he is satisfied with the service he has received. Well see if his perception changes once I inform him of my recent encounter.

On March 2, 2017 I arrived at your Firestone store locate at 2847 Candler Rd, Decatur, Ga. 30034 about 11:00 am. I went there to have my temporary (donut) tire replaced by a new tire. I selected the tire in my price range I wanted to purchase. I asked ** (customer rep) how long it would take to complete the service. He suggested at least 2 hours. I took a seat and waited. I saw a service employee get in my car about 1:30 and drive it around to the work area. I checked my watch and assumed I should be done in about ½ hour. An hour later I approached ** and asked why the service was taking so long. He informed he was just getting ready to call me to the counter, it seems the tire I decided on was not in stock. I asked why it took 2 hours to make that determination. His response was he had been busy.

However, he said he had a comparable tire at approximately the same price. I waited another 10 minutes. He finally came out and informed me that he was unable to find any tire to fill my service request. I left the store at approximately 2:40. Which means I spent more than 3 ½ hours trying to get a tire replaced and left with the same donut tire I came with. I had to leave there and drive over to Macy's to get a new tire. Fortunately, Macy's was able to service my car in about an hour.

The first thing that comes to mind is who is responsible for inventory? How does a tire store run out of tires? I did not need a rare esoteric tire or part, this was a standard tire. When an order is placed, someone (** (Customer Rep), ** (Service Manager) etc.) should physically check to insure all parts are in-house. ** tried to convince me that they were so busy that checking the status of my tire was impossible. I admit there were peak periods, however I also saw slow periods. This type of service is unconscionable. I would like to believe that this is not indicative of all Firestones and that it was an isolated incident. However, it is difficult to get perspective when you have missed 4 hours of work you have to make up.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Simple, stay away!!! I am the original owner of a 2004 Honda Accord lx. I always take my car to the dealer for all maintenance and my car is in tip top shape for that reason. I figured since I purchased new tires, an alignment was a good idea. The price was reasonable compared to the dealer so I took my car to Firestone. Big mistake!!! My car had no signs of needing an alignment. It didn't pull and the steering wheel was straight. After the alignment was complete and I went to my car, they forgot tools on my passenger seat which had no plastic. Then, I took my car for a test spin and my steering wheel was crooked and the car shifted to the left bad.

I asked how can my car be worse after the alignment. They stated I need new suspension was a complete lie. I asked for a refund and they stated let them look at it again. I declined and took my car back to the dealer. The print out of the before and after proved Firestone intentionally damaged the alignment. I called corporate and complained. This is unlawful business practices. Stay away stay away stay away!!! They are crooks!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I have Firestone Tires product that comes with any kind of weather. It may slippery even tires is "weatherized" kind. Make sure you some questions to the retailer before you decided to purchase tires you want.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

This is my second purchase of Firestone Tires. Last time I bought the top of the line but this time I purchased a much less expensive set. I can't feel any difference between them. They both handle well.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

Firestone Destination A/T tires' price was right for the style of tire and are better off road and in bad weather. I have a friend that bought another brand of tire about the same time I got mine and we both like to fish. We had a light rain while we was at the river and when we start to leave and he could not get traction in the mud. So I got behind his 4 wheel drive Chevy pickup with my 2 wheel drive Chevy pickup and pushed him out of the river. The following week he got stuck again. He called me to help him so I went and pulled him out. Needless to say but I got a lot better traction than he did. So he went and bought him some Firestone A/T tires. He has not got stuck since. And even with 25000+ miles on my Firestone A/T tires they still have tread like they was new.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I was an ASE Certified Auto-mechanic. Firestone tires are the best value for the $ and they are a 70 mile rated tire. The higher the mileage rating, the longer the wear, but you have to keep the air pressure right, balance, rotation, alignment. I have 6000 miles on them and they have very good traction in wet and dry conditions.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have black, rubber and all weather tires. It's what the store carry where I buy my tires. The tires are on multiple vehicles, probably 100,00 miles. Every day I get in my vehicles, I drive away, and the tires work.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I have had many tires and there always seems to be some issue at some point with them. My other tires, Bridgestone Ecopia, were defective and I purchased Firestone tires. They are okay, with normal driving in a Prius and they're at almost 5k miles. They have bump vibration, noise at slower speeds, and better when tires warm but not completely. Firestone store saying it's my shocks, struts? Otherwise good in rain, dry.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

It is very durable, last long and have a good grid. I am happy with the product and with the performance. It's a really good brand and is very safe. The value is great and has a good warranty on it. I will buy this again and will recommend it to anybody looking for new tires. The tires new are pricey but in the end you get what you pay for. Keep your family safe while on the road and go with Firestone. You will not regret it in the long run. I will not use any other tires again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I use my vehicle for work and put on many miles quickly. I drive on rough gravel roads that are hard on tires and these have held up well for me. I also come across hazardous driving due to weather due like ice and flooding. For the heavy use, they are a good value for my money especially with the warranty. I get replacements if I get a flat for any reason, unless it can be repaired. It is important for me to have safe, lasting tires.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

The performance was amazing. The tires worked well, very durable and also lasted very long. Just really had a great impression especially on the car because they were so great. Also, the warranty was exactly what they told me it would be. I was really satisfied with the value. The price was very affordable for me and worth the price.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Tires Company Information