2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Firestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: May 29, 2020

Firestone Tires in Littleton, Colorado, 7980 S. Broadway worked on my car and caused damage. They somehow put a HUGH SCRATCH on my car. I brought this to the attention of the Manager, ** and he basically "guaranteed that it couldn't have been done" while my car was trusted to them. NEVER take your Car to a Firestone Tire Store!!! ***WARNING*** They will damage your car and argue with you about how they couldn't possibly have done any damage to your car. People in Management Positions DON'T have scruples to do the right thing in this day and age.

NEVER TRUST any FIRESTONE STORE, EMPLOYEE, MANAGER, ANYTHING. FIRESTONE has a triple trust guarantee that they will do the right thing, always. **!!! I will guarantee that they will lie to you about Damaging your car, and never do the Right Thing if they cause damage to it. NEVER trust FIRESTONE - anyone!!! They lost a customer for life, and I will NEVER go back!!! ** Boo FIRESTONE!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

A few weeks ago, I had my brakes changed on my car by my regular mechanic. I didn't have time to do my oil change. I decided that since Firestone is across the street from my job, I will drop it off for an oil change and pick it up on my lunch break. They called me and said that something was wrong with my brakes. I told them that there was no way that was possible because I had just changed my brakes earlier that day. I picked up my car later and they gave me an estimate for over $700 to get my brakes and rotors done. My regular mechanic said earlier that day that nothing was wrong with my rotors.

About a week later, my car started smoking near the tires. I went to my original mechanic and he said that my calipers are messed up and I won't be able to drive my car home. He just called me and said that me rotors are damaged and I have no brakes on my car. He even remembers changing them. Firestone messes with peoples cars. I didn't tell them to look at it. I just wanted a simple oil change.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I visited your facility because Good Year didn’t have any mechanic in. I thought I would just take it across the street. I haven’t heard anything negative about them. I was getting the car fixed for my 16 year old daughter. I put 2 new tires on there the same day prior to bring it there. Which was about 220.00, and I just got new tags on the car which was about 30.00. I got a new brake job done for about 60.00. I kept going back and forward trying to see if I was going to fix it or just trade it in. So I decided to fix it. It was paid for. Never had any major problems with the car. So I took it up there he told me I need a tire rod. I also told him about how every 6 months I have to add anti freeze to it. But still that was never a problem. He said he would look over it and call back. He said it need a radiator. I was kind of skeptical about spending 500 to put the part on. But the manager told me he had a 20% off the coupon. He said that all I see wrong with the car.

So with the tire rod and the front wheel alignment, it was about 900.00. Plus I had been ill and didn’t want to keep moving the car around. I told them to do the job. I opened up a line of credit, really didn’t have the money. I spent about 900 on a credit card. I picked my car up Friday night. Monday night afternoon it was running hot and it quit on me. It wouldn’t start. I had to have it towed right back up there.

The mechanic looked at it and said I had a blown head gasket. Didn’t have this problem before. The mechanic said nothing else wrong with the car. He said that would cost about 2500 to fix. It was perfectly fine before I bought it there. I am a single parent with 3 kids. I don’t have any money to waste. I feel like they were trying to rip me off. I reached out to cooperate, which was very unprofessional. He pretty much emailed me and said the mechanics were not at fault. After about 9 phone calls, emails, and After them holding my car for 3 weeks. He didn’t even have enough nerves to return my call. Now I’m Stuck with a credit card bill and an out of fixed car!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I took car in for repair. Tech person Broke alternator and told me car was fix, it took 9 days to fix. Then 5 mos later returned for warranty part replacement. Again something else went wrong. I call John. Told him car overheating had to pull over on side street. John told me to let it cool then drive it home. Then call him back for towing number. I call John back to let him know car was smoking, but John had went home for the day. Didn’t tell anyone I needed a towing service. I’m a women left in the dark on side of road. Work service number **. Replace upper hose that broke off while I was driving on highway. I will nerve trust Firestone to work on my car again. Rate is zero.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Nashua NH Firestone very bad service. Came in. Buy 4 tires. Could not help me because I want prepaid for four tires. Manager very rude. I was going send over 1000 dollars in tires so my wife just go there pick up suv so it easy for her but manager so rude. He just did care.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I went to the Firestone store @ Highland and Plaza where I bought my Motorhome Tires to get them Rotated and Johnathan the Manager was adamant saying, "You did not buy your Tires from here so we cannot rotate them." Well, that was wrong. In fact after checking they were bought at that Store as I continuously insisted.

"Would you now rotate my Tires?" I asked.."No...because our equipment has changed since 2013 we cant lift up your Tire." I immediately called Customer Care and he said that he would now do the job. Johnathan gets off the phone and says, "I can't do it. These are 1/2 ton jacks.." After looking closer in fact they were 3 1/2 ton Jacks.. "Would you please do what you said to on our Customer Care conversation." I said, "Why are you continually arguing and filibustering with me??.." FOR 10 MINUTES AFTER THE CUSTOMER CARE PHONE CALL!!! I am now really heated. Why are you treating me like this? That's when he says, "You can call customer Care. I AM NOT DOING THE JOB!!!" Needless to say, I called again and he said that he would do it and did not. I'm Tired. No pun intended.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I called to have 2 tires on my vehicle replaced. I called in advance to see if they could get me in and out by 6pm. Eddie ** store manager quoted me one price and took all my information. I called again to verify my appointment only to find out that Eddie's notes on my price appointment or anything was nowhere to be found. I spoke to Guillermo ** service manager. He apologized. Quoted me a higher price and assured me he will get me out by 6pm.

Both Eddie and Guillermo went home and Anne ** sales teammate was unaware of my appointment and said that my car would not be ready by 6pm. She asked who I talked to (frustrating) and I explained I have been waiting 1 hr and half to replace 2 front tires. Anne was playing on her phone and seem uninterested of my problem since she didn't make the appointment. I finally asked for information to file a formal complaint only to have Anne look on the internet on her phone for the answer to that question. Horrible customer service. Horrible sloppy communication at this Fresno store in Shaw. I will be contacting more people if I don't get a formal apology.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Big Al at the front desk has helped me tremendously with my car time and time again. They continue to give the best service and are always helpful. Also took my girlfriends car into the shop and they were just as helpful as before! Thanks for all the help!

Original review: June 18, 2019

Tire Sales Associate Meagan completely failed scheduling this repair for Wednesday, June 5th 2019 after I was there on Saturday, June 1st to learn that my expansion valve needed to be replaced. She told me I'd be out the door by 9:00 AM. I didn't leave until 10:10 AM. The Service Manager, Joey, was equally awful. He was very rude and inconsiderate of my situation and suggested he stop the AC recharge to accommodate Meagan's misgivings. $400 later my AC still is not repaired after Meagan ran an AC system check that suggested the expansion valve would correct the problem. I have always had positive experiences at Store #17388 Managed by JAMES ** prior to this disaster. Kris ** is the only reason I continue to use Firestone. I'd like my AC fixed but clearly you lack the personnel at this location in Gastonia NC to get it done. I'd like to know how this will be resolved!

Original review: June 17, 2019

A year ago in February of 2018 I took my 2012 Chevy Sonic to Firestone in Oak Park, IL for head gasket service because the coolant was mixing with oil. It's was finished and ready first week of March. Within weeks later while driving my car I notice smoke coming from the hood. Now, I had taken it back and was told it was some piece they had replaced. I took it back three more times for the same issue. On the fourth time I dropped the car off in the middle of October. Consistently telling them I need my car, this is how I get to work and take my son to school.

Finally after three weeks I was offered a rental. I called, asked do I need to add my insurance, I was told no. Now November is almost over I get a call saying my car is ready. As I walk up my daughter and I noticed right away. Damage to the driver from of my car with red paint. Before I received a call from the mechanic, my fiance called telling me, he saw my car going down Chicago Ave. in Oak Park. I said they just called saying my car was ready. After having a heated argument with Victor the manager. He told me to get an estimated from down the street bump city.

I made an appointment, took the car for the estimate. I gave him the paperwork and I was suppose to hear back from a Mike -- no response. It's April. Car coolant is still mixing and I was told three times this issue was fixed. Not only not having a car. I have a two hundred bill from Enterprise for the insurance. I made a claim and the claims department only respond twice via email. I been calling, leaving voicemails for the claims rep -- no response. I called the supervisor who is out on leave. Said he will be back after June 14. It now 11 am on June 17, 2019. No response. I'm about to lose my job because I can't get to work. I have a 8th grader who is doing an excellent job and graduate this week. We to get on the bus and I can't celebrate him. Because I can't get to work, as much. It seems like they take things and brush then off. I'm so disappointed and very stressed at this point.

Firestone author review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Tires Company Information