Firestone Tires

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Original review: June 2, 2022

Wife and I drove to Scottsdale, Arizona for The Memorial Day weekend. While heading back to California, we broke down past Buckeye, Arizona. Had car towed back to Firestone, in Buckeye. The gents there were polite, honest, and hard working. Did an outstanding job. Definitely recommend them. Hector

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

Daughter attends University of Iowa, I live south suburbs of Chicago. Our car would not accelerate past 5 miles an hour. Had to get home that day to attend to my 90 year old mother and husband had to work next day. Worked on car and put a temporary fix to make the 3 hour ride home!! Shoutout to Kaylee and the technician that worked there on Saturday Feb. 12. Would not have made it home without your hard work and determination. Need more people like those 2 employees!! I am sorry I do not have the technicians name but he did test drive it on 80 to see how his temporary fix would hold up and that it did!! Thank You!!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I have continuously received good customer service and quality products from Firestone. The prices are usually competitive, in comparison with other competitors. Unlike many companies we actually have locations here in Buffalo, so that's a plus, I can go where I am familiar with the quality of service. I do hold Firestone in high regards!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Firestone tires seem to last even longer than the stated in the suggested mileage. The employees are equal to the task of recommending the best possible options, while keeping the shopper's budget in mind. These tires are very reliable, rarely need maintenance and perform as specified. They are the only tires this shopper will purchase.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I hotshot trailers for a living, today I’m having to replace my tires after 120,000 miles. I had them rotated every 2 weeks during my oil changes. Never had to have them plugged worked on or anything!!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Firestone 25602 S I-45 Frontage Rd Spring, TX 77386 United States. This location replaced my tire finally after the 3rd visit to this location, but not before causing damage to the rim. On my first visit 9/2/22, I waited 1.5 hrs, Manager ** was sitting at his desk in the garage blasting his music, totally unprofessional. Shane fixed my flat, balanced rotated my tires and completed my lifetime alignment I purchased 4 years ago. I parked my truck for the holiday weekend. On my way to work 9/6/22, the same fixed flat tire was now 10 psi low again. I lost $$ having to go into work late having to address a flat that should’ve been fixed right the first time.

I went back to this location and ** told me they were short handed and the wait would be 45 minutes to an hour.. He went to lunch and I sat for 30 minutes while Shane answered phones, realizing this was a waste of time and costing me $$ to wait around for nothing to happen, I had Shane top of my air and told him I’d return the following day.

9/7/22 I returned a 3rd time to get the same tire fixed and was told the wait would be another 1.5 hrs. Waited then ** advised the flat repair that Shane completed 9/2/22 didn’t take and tried to upsell me a better tire mismatching my set for $281 approximately. When I asked why they couldn’t just replace with the same tire. ** told me they were out of stock. Out of stock like discontinued? Then ** said he could get one from another store to mount or go to that other store and get in line again. I agreed to keep my place in line and have ** get the tire and put it on at this location. I paid $181 with warranty. I still waited 3 hours. Upon getting home, I observed fresh damage and deep scratches to the powder coating of my rim that had the tire replaced. By then, Firestone was already closed so I worked my shift and called back the following morning 9/8/22 and advised **.

I showed up at 0115 pm and informed manager ** of the damage his tech did to my rim while replacing my tire and the first words out his mouth was, “I (manager) make no promises”. Make no promises!!! You didn’t even look at the damage in question and based on ** comment, I knew he was not going to do anything about this except give me a bunch of lips service. ** said he asked his tech and he said he didn’t do the damage. Period point blank. Then ** put a socket on an impact wrench and clearly it the tool mark matched up to my damaged rim. Then ** changed the angle and said there was no reason for the tech to cause my rim damage because the lug nuts were towards the center of rim. Then ** says it may have happened when I left and now I brought it back to put it on Firestone.

Conveniently ** was off so he couldn’t attest that the rim wasn’t damaged the previous two visits to fix this same problem. ** also held onto the fact his tech denied causing damage. At that point, I was done…FIRESTONE GOT ME!!! So if customers do not babysit, take pictures before and thoroughly inspect their vehicle in the area Firestone techs were working in rain or shine BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN GEAR, ** makes no promises. WHO DOES THAT?

You are ** because in spite of all the mottos and promise Firestone has displayed in their store, it means absolutely nothing as they have demonstrated how ** handled this whole tire fix with the rework, going to lunch instead of hanging back and letting Shane make a second attempt to fix what I waited 1.5 hrs for on my first visit and lost money showing up late for work. In 2014 I had a flat in my previous vehicle and Discount tire performed the task, I left but then noticed the damage, came back the next day and Discount tire replaced my rim no questions asked. For convenience, I started purchasing my tires with Firestone so the tires and alignment could all be done at one time.

In the past 8 years since, I have purchased 5 sets of tires from Firestone for 3 different cars. After being treated this way by MAKE NO PROMISES **, Firestone has made their last dollar off of me and my family. I will be going back to Discount. NO NEED TO CONTACT ME **! You’ve already wasted 3 days of my time and costed me money for a tire/rim that should’ve been fixed right the first time if you dunked it in water to confirm it was holding air. Enjoy your lunch ** while us customers sit and wait for nothing to happen. Insulted.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

My brand new 2022 Ram 2500 with Firestone Tires has been pulling to the right. After 3 balance rotations by dealer and discount tire as well as an alignment check. Both businesses found the tires to be bad. Firestone will only give me one tire, per their policy, to fix issue. Worst tire company ever.

Firestone Tires response

Hello Russ, We'd like to get management involved to address this. Please email us at socialcare@bfrc.com with the complete details of your visit, the location, your invoice number from the service, and the best contact information for you. We value your business and thank you for choosing Firestone Complete Auto Care. ^Cali

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Bought a new 2020 2500 Ram. Only got 25000 miles on tires and need new ones. Rotated tires every 5000 miles only have 3/16 thread left on tires. By far the worst tires I have ever owned. I will not be buying Firestone Tires ever going with Michelin tires. Shame on ram for putting such a bad tire on their trucks. Firestone you can do better than this. These tires are junk at best. Not a happy customer of Firestone. Customer beware!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased 4 tires and was asked if I wanted to have them aligned. I said yes and after the tires were on the car I was told they weren't able to do the alignment because they needed special equipment for my car. They offered a service they couldn't provide and when I said I didn't want the tires I was told it would be 3 hours to have the tires taken off. I was then told they were hoping to have the capability to align my make of car soon. "They were working on it". After this comment it seemed to me he knew this before selling me the tires. This is a HORRIBLE business. There were 2 other customers waiting for their vehicles with horror stories. The location of the store is in Northampton MA. I imagine this is across the board at any location. Stay away from Firestone.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of Firestone tires. Brand new tires are more than 60% worn at 28,000 MI. They used to have a good name 20 years ago. They have obviously done something to lower their cost and create more profit for themselves at the expense of the consumer. I would never buy their tires again.

Firestone Complete Auto Care author review by Kathryn Parkman

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Firestone Tires Company Information