Firestone

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Living in Maryland, where we have 4 seasons that range from unbearably hot, and frigidly cold, and extremely bad roads, my tires held up and drove perfectly for me. The warranty was superb compared to more expensive brands. I couldn't have been any more happy with the purchase I made, they were for my Camaro and drove quite frankly like sports tires. For the price and the performance I got out of them I was thrilled. I purchased these tires because as a single mom I needed reliable and affordable tires. You get all of that with Firestone, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get that with any other brand on the market.

They are very durable. Last up to two months longer than most of the competitive brands, great traction, durable enough to withstand almost all conditions and weather climates. Offers a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty and will replace your tires for free if anything happens even if you aren't the driver or it's your fault. Great traction and no slip technology allows you to burn out and take off like a professional Nascar driver while also letting you stop quickly if needed to ensure safety. A little bit more expensive but it is definitely worth it because you get a more trusting, reliable, and safe tire that lasts longer and also receive a warranty.

When I looked for tires I first looked for anything cheap but after doing some research I decided on Firestone tires because of their durability. We have had no problems with these tires. We got warranty on the tires considering they were a little higher than others. So far we never had to use it but if we do need assistance the warranty should cover it. These tires perform well in summer and winter, we had them for over a year now. Road noise is also minimal, we still don't see much wear and tear on the tires. Even though we were looking at the cheapest options first we decided that paying a little higher for a much better quality tire was well worth the price.

These tires lasted me a few years and had no problems with them. Great for both the winter and summer months. Got good grip in all conditions. Warranted for about 70000 miles and they sure did last me a very long time. Regular rotation of the tires so that they last what they were supposed to be. Performance was good, not much tire noise at all while regular driving on surface streets and on the highway. Good all around tires for daily driving. Great value. A good all around tire for the right price. They weren't too expensive yet they also weren't really cheap. Compared them to other tires and checked price before purchasing.

Lasted for a long time. Tires had even wear throughout all tires. The warranty was very nice when I ran over a nail and got a flat. Tire was fixed very quickly. No charge. The tires wear was very even. Tires performance was great in all weather conditions and situations. I felt that these tires were priced competitively based on what I was looking for. It was a good value with a good warranty. Very satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

The full set of Firestone tires that I purchased for my Nissan Sentra lasted for over two years and the car drove very smooth. When I needed new tires I purchased the Firestone tires again. I was also pleased with the 2nd set. I was given a one year warranty with both sets of the Firestone tires. Both times they outlasted the warranty. I was very pleased with the service and wear that I received. I would recommend them to anyone. The performance of the tires were very satisfactory. A smooth ride was received both times I purchased the Firestone tires. I received a very fair price for the tires for both times I purchased them. I was also offered rotation for free as a part of the deal.

They came with a guarantee and a warranty. Made buying them a little easier. The durability of the tires were so strong they guarantee to hold up. They offered assistance for free as needed in case of a blowout or flat. Offered roadside assistance. Offered car rental and they bring it to you if needed. The performance of the tires wasn't advertised as much. Guarantee to last up to so many highway miles and road miles. Built to last. Can stand a burn out in an empty parking lot. Great prices and almost the cheapest. Offers gift cards. Will work with you on a payment plan. Was real flexible with the final price. Offered a discount to family and friends.

Lasted all our cross country trips and too and from work everyday. No wear and tear on tires and kept the treads the whole time I've had them. Was offered 100,000 mile warranty which is a great deal because that's pretty much the life of a car. I was very satisfied with the warranty. Great performance from my new tires. It felt like I was driving on air and the tires last a very long time. I always feel safe traveling with these tires on my car. The price of the tires were affordable so the value worked well with our family. The tires are worth it cuz they keep my family safe and that's what matters.

The tread lasted a very long time and did not start slipping at all until well past its timeline it said. They also allowed for water distribution without causing hydroplaning or any kind of spinning of the tires. Any trouble was covered without punctures. Had a funky problem when they put it on. I brought it back and they fixed it. No problem. There was no cost whatsoever and simple to get it taken care of at the supplier. They took care of it without charging me so I did not have to do a reimbursement or anything. Very simple and easy to take care of. They performed flawlessly ran and ran. No issues. They stuck to the ground. Even in stopping short situations they gripped the ground very efficiently allowing me to stop in time and no sliding. Great value for the price. It wasn't the cheapest but was the best quality. They lasted longer than the others I have had in the past and made it easy on the pocketbook.

The other day I hit two pot holes and ran over a glass bottle (Yeah just lying in the road) and no slow leaks so I think that says a lot. They haven't failed to amaze me from a smooth ride on a rainy day to a semi-smooth ride down a bumpy road.

These tires are terrible and, I believe, a huge safety hazard for anyone with a vehicle with Firestone Tires. My 2016 Toyota Corolla S is only two months old, with the tires only having 2,400 miles on them and one of the tires has already blown out! I was on the freeway when my tire popped and caused me to swerve onto the shoulder. When brought to my car dealership, one of the mechanics argued that I had driven with low pressure in the one tire for a while and had been rubbing against curbs judging by the sidewall wear.

The catch is that my tires are brand new, my pressure light has never come on, and I never park on the street because I am afraid of damaging my car. Go figure! Then another employee said that I probably hit a huge pothole that caused my own rim to pop my tire, notwithstanding that there were no potholes or debris where I was driving. Now I'm terrified to drive because I've got three death traps attached to my car because the dealership argues the tire damage isn't under the warranty.

Holds well when driving. Can't complain about the quality, I've used this tire my whole life and would always be happy with it. Most people use this brand and are more than happy. Very good warranty and have no complaints about how the warranty works. Most people would look for other brands but I stick to what I know.

I researched several different that were recommended for my make of car and I feel I purchased the best option affordable to me. The tires are outstanding for the price and durability. I believe the warranty was comparable to all the others. The tires are holding up very well and I would recommend this brand without any hesitation. It helped that the customer service was amazing. My car ran much smoother on the road afterward and surprisingly my gas mileage improved also. The company where the tires were purchased guarantee that they will replace a tire at no cost no questions asked, whether it be yours or the company's fault. I felt very secure with my purchases.

I had explored the different options available to me, keeping in mind my budget and what I absolutely needed out of the tires. The ones I purchased were not the most expensive however after explaining my needs to the gentleman helping he put together a package that enabled me upgrade my tires for less than I expected.

I used to use cheap tires when I first started driving, but I realized constantly having to replace them costed me more than investing in a quality tire! Firestone tires are the quality, durable tires that I need. I haven't had any troubles with Firestone tires. They are strong and are able to consistently meet my standards for a tire. I love this brand. Firestone tires are not the cheapest, but they are worth the cost.

Firestone's tires tread last awhile longer than other brands and seem to have less flats or loss of air. They work tremendously well in rain and snow as well as handle rougher roads such as pothole filled or cracks. The performance of Firestone tires are outstanding in that they resist normal wear and tear as well as more aggressive driving/roads. I feel safer having Firestone tires than any other. I don't mind spending a little more for Firestone tires but I do worry at in an emergency needing new tires and having to go for a cheaper brand.

These tires are the best I've ever owned and trust me I put them to the test. We go panning for gold in the mountains. The road conditions are there are no roads. These tires make the road for me. They come with a five year or 50,000 mile warranty for no extra charge and road side service for an extra 29.99. With that kind of coverage who needs a spare. They not only perform well in the mountains where there are no roads but on dry and wet roads as well. So bring on the rain. Wet or dry roads you'll be ready for action with Firestone tires. I was expecting to pay around 300.00 for a new set. Boy did I get only 169.00 for all four tires. With that kinda price load the family up and it's off to the movies.

They lasted a long time and I don't recall having any trouble with them. They are good quality tires with a good brand reputation. I didn't worry about them like I might with an off brand. They were covered for road hazards from the Goodyear tire shop though. The tires did not slip in the rain and gave good traction in various conditions, including highway and dirt roads. The tires were purchased together and were more affordable with the package deal of buying four tires at once.

Durable and safe, not bad price either. Firestone has a good reputation and has so far lived it up to it. I will continue to buy their tires. Typically a 50,000 mile warranty on tires. That protects you if say a few months after purchase the tires go bad for no reason. Normal warranty that most offer. I'm a hard driver when it comes to cars and we've never had a problem with firestone tires. They can hold up against abuse from driving. Not the cheapest tires, but like they say you get what you pay for. Few times a year places like mr tire will offer deals on purchasing all 4.

The tires typically last a while especially Firestone. Great tread and good grip help. Trusted brand of NASCAR. The only that I would trust to put on my car. Hit a few nails once with them and they held up really well. Warranty options are really nice and cheap. Trusted and easy to Decide which one. Performance is great. Grips road and handles weather really well. Makes driving fun and rides smoother. You can really feel it in the drive. Very cheap and affordable. That's what we based our decision on is the price point so it's good. Not too cheap to where you question the quality.

Tires are very durable. Don't have to replace them very often and they hold up well when exposed to wear and tear of commuting to and from work. The tires perform very well. These are high quality tires which hold up nicely and don't require much upkeep and maintenance. The tires perform well in any weather, making you feel safer out on the roads. The tires are a bit pricey but then again, they are the best.

Seemed to last me a long time. Had no issue whatsoever with these tires. I like the design patterns they use to make them look like high quality tires. Performance is awesome. When I'm driving up hills from stop or in snow or even in a heavy down pour I feel like I can tidy the car to not hydropower all over the road and I feel safe driving in snow and or in ice. Hard to really judge the value of any tire because it's all so expensive. However with Firestone tires even a cheaper model they have on display seems to give me good performance and I trust the brand to get the job done.

I had my tires for almost a year now and they still feel nice like the first day I got them. They are good for all weather and street conditions. I bought my tires new and they came with a 2 year warranty. Even if I just want a new pair of tires I can just go back and get them. It feels good to know that if anything happens to the tires I can go back to this and get it fixed. Everyone were very friendly and professional. It didn't take very much time to pick out the right tires for my car or put them on. They knew what they were doing. I will be going back there. Sometimes you have to pay a little more money to get the job done correctly the first time and going there was just that. I paid a little more than I would've somewhere else but I know I won't have to come back in a few months to get the same problems fixed.

I drive little over 100 miles a day for work and the traction and it helps my car handle better and during rain feels like I was on dry roads. I chose a 5000 mile warranty which was a sweet option and the discount I was given for buying all 4. Go with your gut but you won't be disappointed. It handles great during the rainy days. They grip the road like it was dry. My car rides smoother and great high performance tires. Very much pleased. The thick rubber knowing that you just purchased great tires and you feel safe to travel with your family and don't have to worry about is the donut pumped.

The tires was very durable and the tread on them seem to last for a long time. Went on pretty rough roads and have turn up lots of tires on them but not them. They just greatly outlasted all the other brands I have ever had in the past. It was 30000 or 1 year limited warranty but they lasted me almost two years and in very hard on tires so never even needed the warranty but I was very happy with it. Went well in rain, snow, mud, ice. Pretty much anything I throw at them. Straight out good tires. Very good value. Got all four for less than $400 and had a great warranty. I would recommend them to everyone. Can't beat them for the price.

They're durable. Just a little costly but all tires are. I chose Firestone on the particular day I did because there was sale and my former brand was sold out. I had several warranty options. I chose a 30,000 mile warranty but I'm not exactly sure just how good this particular warranty was. It was the best option for the price.

I have the factory Firestone tires on my 2015 Dodge Challenger. They perform really well. Durability was about 42000. I didn't doubt to buy the same tires again. I always take my tires to local Firestone dealer. They always give me the warranty on the tire, plus the rotation is always without charge. I highly recommend getting hazard warranty on your tire. They will replace for free if something happens to the tire. Performance on my Firestone tires are awesome. I get great grip on my Dodge Challenger. High performance tires. I use those tires on track also and they are really good on handling. Value of the Firestone tires were great. Even if my tires are low profile I always get great performance. They last me forever. 42000 almost 2 years and I never got any flat tires.

So far so good. I haven't had them long enough to really be able to say one way or the other. From what I can tell, everything is going great. The warranty is fair and good for what I'm getting and how much money I am spending so I would say I am pretty much happy with what I am getting as far as warranty goes. The ride is a little less smooth than what I had before but from what I understand when I got my used car the tires and rims were pimped out pretty thoroughly. The difference in ride quality is less but I can pretty much say with 99 percent certainty I am paying a lot less than the previous owners did. So I can say that for what I paid I am satisfied with the value I am getting.

I purchased the Primewell Valera Sport tires for my car in March 2015. Good thing I purchased the road hazard package as well! These tires only had 24,000 miles on them and the sidewall is coming apart on the back of the tire. Right at the seam I have 4 to 5 holes. It looks like they dry rotted. I text a picture to my mom who works at a car dealership. She showed the picture to one of the mechanics and he said they look like they were retreaded tires. They also looked up the brand to see if they had it in stock so I could get my tire fixed and they said they do not carry that brand because they are junk... Wish I would have known that sooner. So tomorrow I get to fight with Firestone to get my tires replaced with different tires! Not going through this again.

They lasted past the 60k mile rating and I was basically able to go up to 90k so they were very durable to my everyday schedule and I would be more than happy to purchase them again a 2nd time around. The warranty was very nice as well although it didn't need to be use cause the tires did above and beyond what I had originally expected outta them. The performance of these tires were exceptional especially during the rainy season. They kept nice traction as well as the ability to stop when needed. The price of the tires was just about right cause in the end I got what I paid for and that's all that mattered. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Great traction in snow and rain. No loss of traction. The warranty for the Firestone tires was great. But I did not have any warranty issues with my tires. They lasted well beyond the warranty with great wear and ride. They give you confidence to travel knowing the tires won't be an issue. They are great in all types of weather. Firestone tires are a great value for their price. I would recommend these tires.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
  • Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.
  • Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.
  • Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.
  • Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.
  • Best for Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Compare Tires