Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Tires
3.76/5

Firestone

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

299 Firestone Tires Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Raul and Michael took great care of my Tundra and made it perfect again. The service was fast! I recommend this location for honest work. I will be coming back soon for an oil change and new air filter.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Michael was incredibly fast with my new tires and oil change, he brought up to me I had a dirty air filter which I actually liked him showing to me in person. He was very professional and quick! Definitely recommend asking for Michael as your technician, plus he’s very handsome!!!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have been very pleased and happy with every Firestone employee I have affiliated with at the Firestone near Bridgewater Falls, Fairfield Twp Ohio. In particular, one occasion I couldn’t Uber to Firestone until a few minutes after closing time, and I forgot my spare key to my serviced car parked outside in the parking lot, and the manager Josh finished closing up shop and drove me to my house to get my spare key, and drove me back to my car after hours!!! Thanks so much!!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Best tires ever. They are very durable and long lasting. I love these tires and I would not buy any other brand. I do not own a car now but I have always bought Firestone in the past.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Buy the road hazard and lifetime alignment. Many times you can get a deal when getting a full set of tires. Has paid off for me numerous times and nationwide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: June 18, 2019

Tire Sales Associate Meagan completely failed scheduling this repair for Wednesday, June 5th 2019 after I was there on Saturday, June 1st to learn that my expansion valve needed to be replaced. She told me I'd be out the door by 9:00 AM. I didn't leave until 10:10 AM. The Service Manager, Joey, was equally awful. He was very rude and inconsiderate of my situation and suggested he stop the AC recharge to accommodate Meagan's misgivings. $400 later my AC still is not repaired after Meagan ran an AC system check that suggested the expansion valve would correct the problem. I have always had positive experiences at Store #17388 Managed by JAMES ** prior to this disaster. Kris ** is the only reason I continue to use Firestone. I'd like my AC fixed but clearly you lack the personnel at this location in Gastonia NC to get it done. I'd like to know how this will be resolved!

Original review: June 17, 2019

A year ago in February of 2018 I took my 2012 Chevy Sonic to Firestone in Oak Park, IL for head gasket service because the coolant was mixing with oil. It's was finished and ready first week of March. Within weeks later while driving my car I notice smoke coming from the hood. Now, I had taken it back and was told it was some piece they had replaced. I took it back three more times for the same issue. On the fourth time I dropped the car off in the middle of October. Consistently telling them I need my car, this is how I get to work and take my son to school.

Finally after three weeks I was offered a rental. I called, asked do I need to add my insurance, I was told no. Now November is almost over I get a call saying my car is ready. As I walk up my daughter and I noticed right away. Damage to the driver from of my car with red paint. Before I received a call from the mechanic, my fiance called telling me, he saw my car going down Chicago Ave. in Oak Park. I said they just called saying my car was ready. After having a heated argument with Victor the manager. He told me to get an estimated from down the street bump city.

I made an appointment, took the car for the estimate. I gave him the paperwork and I was suppose to hear back from a Mike -- no response. It's April. Car coolant is still mixing and I was told three times this issue was fixed. Not only not having a car. I have a two hundred bill from Enterprise for the insurance. I made a claim and the claims department only respond twice via email. I been calling, leaving voicemails for the claims rep -- no response. I called the supervisor who is out on leave. Said he will be back after June 14. It now 11 am on June 17, 2019. No response. I'm about to lose my job because I can't get to work. I have a 8th grader who is doing an excellent job and graduate this week. We to get on the bus and I can't celebrate him. Because I can't get to work, as much. It seems like they take things and brush then off. I'm so disappointed and very stressed at this point.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I took my 2016 Impala in to a Firestone location in Rock Hill, SC due to a tire issue. I purchased my tires there last year. Not even 24 hours later I total lost my car. I heard a noise coming from my driver front tire. The next thing I know I'm wrecking my car. Due to being hit in the face with the airbag and hitting my head on the steering wheel I passed out. The next thing I remembered was a police officer knocking on my car window asking me what happened. I stated to him that the last thing I remembered before wrecking is hearing a noise coming from my drivers tire. Upon me getting out my car the front driver tire was all the way off the rim.

I wrote Firestone a letter and sent them pictures. A lady by the name of Jennifer called me. I gave her my insurance adjusters information. She contacted them. Then I gets a phone call from her again basically telling me that it will be my job to get the tires from the insurance company's tow yard and ship them to her. The insurance adjuster told her in order for the tires and rims to be removed off the car that it’s Firestone's responsibility to put another tire on there. I asked Jennifer could I speak with her manager. She said they was out of the office until Friday June 14, 2019. Jennifer was very nasty and talked to me over the phone as if I was a dummy and that the wreck was my fault.

Now I have never been involved in a wreck before in my life, no traffic violations or anything. This wreck could have killed me and others. I guess in order for someone to do something I'm need to contact a attorney so that they can intervene by Friday because the car is suppose to go to an auction. If I could rate Firestone a negative 100 I would because my kids could have been faced with growing up without a mother due to this wreck.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Stopped by the Rio Rancho, NM location off of Southern. Didn’t get an inspection nor a price, was only told if I required service I would need to leave my car until 1PM. I was there at 8 AM. Representative was rude, lacked empathy, and for a potential first time customer, he ensured I will never think about giving my hard earned money to Firestone. Company needs to enforce professionalism, and standard courtesy. I don’t care about your budgets or staffing issues. PERIOD. Competitors was able to provide inspection, quote, and service completed by 10AM.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased a set of 4 Firestone tires for my 2006 Impala. Will never buy this brand tire again, the horrible hum in the passenger compartment from tire noise makes road trips very unpleasant and until they address this issue, never will I buy another set of Firestone tires again!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I went into the Firestone in Warwick, RI on Post Rd. I was told the tires part of promotion I wanted was no longer in stock because they were being discontinued. Mike told me he would upgrade me to the next set of tires and I would still receive the buy 3 get the 4th free promotion. I was charged for all 4 tires! I didn't realize until going over the math in my head while waiting. I let this go because it was partially my fault for not realizing sooner.

While waiting for my car I decided to look up the reviews. When I saw multiple customers with the same scenario I knew I was being scammed. This is when Mike comes over to me to tell me that they broke my lock key. At this point I was furious because I saw this too in the reviews. He tried to reassure me that this happens all of the time and that I would have to purchase a new key from them and until they have to purchase regular lug nuts for my tires. I told him I wasn't paying for any of it when it was their mistake. He then proceeded to tell me not to worry that Firestone would take care of it.

I left that day being told I would receive a phone call when they could get a hold of someone at Volkswagen, and would be told when to pick it up. Almost two months went by and I heard nothing. Finally went to the same store a week ago and was told Mike wasn't in and that they didn't see any notes about a tire lock key set. So again I was told I would be called the following day once someone spoke with Mike. Here we are a week later and I have heard nothing. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of integrity of this company and its employees! It is one thing to be a good salesman and to make your commission off of honesty, but it is a completely different thing when you lie and deceive! This was my first time going to Firestone and my last!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Took my truck there to change tires. I got there before 0830. I didnt get my truck back till 1130.. And still with all that hours they had my truck they still messed up on a few things.. Yet I paid $220! First missing my locking pin on driver back rim, then both tie rod ends loose.. And the balance squares a few fell off from all 4 tires. Then I called and spoke to a spunky and all she did was give me runarounds.. My truck went there with everything intact.. Then after waiting 4hrs and paying 220$ this is the bs I get.. That's bs and then I call back to ask if they found my locking pin.. Spunky puts me on hold or something and forgot to come back or face the problem.. So unprofessional.. I want my money back for the alignment and my locking pin.. They should be working.. They are all unprofessional and dont know what they doing.. Pls contact me at ** or I will be in contact with higher ups.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I went to Firestone to purchase 4 tires. Work order **, Monseia **, 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. First of all I call and spoke with a young man named Randy. He quoted me my tire size 215-55R17 @49.99. When I got there at 7:44am I was told that I was quoted the wrong price. No problem, I went ahead with the new price I was quoted but it’s now 11:15am and I’m still waiting to get my car. Pack a sack lunch because they don’t care about your time. And then this Man came in well after me. They pulled his car in and fixed it because he was a regular. FIRESTONE IS NOT THE PLACE TO HAVE ANY WORK DONE!!! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Did not diagnose my car properly. Ended up having internal engine damage. Dealt with a nasty service manager in Wake Forest, NC. The service manager has no business dealing with the public. Poor customer service. He tried to get me to pay over $1,000 on a fuel pump and battery. Once I paid that they could continue diagnosing problem with my car. My car had internal motor damage. Guess after they got my $1,000 then they would tell me the car also had engine damage.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I went in for tires and waited 2 and a half hours and they said my car needs 1600 dollars in additional work. And I took it to another mechanic to get a second option like I always do and he said I only need 300 dollars in work. I will never go there again. All you guys do is lie to your customers. That's not good for business. I highly recommend avoiding this business at all cost. All they want is your money. They don't care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Took my vehicle to Firestone to look at the tire sensor/s because my vehicle “tire flat” light came on. The employee (an older man) was rude and impatient and told me I have to go to BMW to have them check it out... I took my car to my BMW mechanic and he checked the vehicle sensor in the car and cleared it, but then the “flat tire light” came back on, and he said I needed to take it Back to Firestone because it’s one of the sensors in the tires not the vehicle. I took my car back to Firestone and the same old guy was there and still had a bad attitude and he told me he didn’t have time and so I needed to take it somewhere else to get checked. Needless to say, Firestone employees need a class on customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I bought new tires October 2016. For the past 2 years I have noticed rubber peeling away at the seams. Since I have been taking it in for balance and rotation and no one has said anything I assume they are safe. But I recently noticed more rubber coming off and took it in for an explanation. I was instead quoted a reduced fee to replace them and told that it may be because I'm rubbing curbs. I pointed out that it's the seams on all four tires and that I'm not continuously hitting curbs. I don't feel safe in these tires and refuse to repurchase tires when there is still plenty of life left on them, ESPECIALLY from FIRESTONE! So now I have to find another set of tires for my truck and spend over a grand I don't have. How are they able to get away with this.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

In my line of work I do a lot of driving. I accidentally hit a curb which gave me 2 flat tires. I bought discount tires and was a little pricey. Three months later decided to go ahead and replace the other 2 tires. Firestone was cheaper so as a single mom of 3 drove to Lake Worth Firestone. They were super busy so I made an appointment. Arrived at my appointment a little early and ended up waiting hours for them to replace my tires. When I drove off I notice my tire sensor on. Hmmm maybe I need to drive a little for it to go off. Nope they forgot to put it back on with my new tires.

Then months later had a flat on my Firestone tire. Had to totally replace the tire and they tried to charge me for a sensor. Few months again another flat had to replace another tire. I thought strange I never have a problem with my discount tires only the Firestone ones! Again another flat and by this time I’m getting upset since with insurance it cost approx. $60 every time I replace these tires. I mentioned to the lady that I only have problems with the Firestone tires and she said we put magnets in the tires. Hmmm. Not funny.

Again another flat and another. Today I have 2 Firestone tires on my car and I’m tired of these flats so even with insurance on them I’m going to be replacing them! I have brand new tires on my car and almost all the tread, but I’m so sick of spending hours every 6-8 months that I don’t care! I want these Firestone tires off my car! Buyer beware! Instead of saving money I have spent way more replacing these tires! Wished I had just spent the few extra $$ on discount tires.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

All four Firestone Tires on my new Honda Civic with 13,000 miles on it are out of round and the Firestone company refuses to do anything for me because I did not get the tires rotated and balanced on time. I've owned hundreds of tires that I did not rotate and balance within 13,000 miles and none of them were out of round. None of my tires were ever found to be out of round. This is my first set of Firestone tires and I would not have bought them but they were on my new Honda Civic when I bought it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I brought my car in for new tires, alignment and oil change. When I got the vehicle back there was a light saying brake malfunction. I walk right back in and I was asked if I wanted to come back when they weren’t busy. Lmao. Do you really think I’m gonna load up my kids and drive away with possible faulty brakes? So I wait about a half hour. Still, no one has looked at my car until I throw a fit. First of all the car was supposed to be done the day before. Now here I am sitting with my kid, stuck at this location. Mind you I didn’t bring my car in for a brake issue as it never had one. After waiting for them to inspect it I was told “mistakes were made”. The brake sensor was on sideways and the wrong size tires were put on the rear causing it to rub through some wiring. So here we are, Monday, still no car when it was supposed to be done Saturday.

I missed an out of town trip I had planned and also the hotel that was booked. I tried calling corporate but was told they were “unavailable” so I gave my report to someone slurring their words so bad I could hardly understand them then was told I’d get a call back in 48 hours. What good is that going to do me unless God forbid they still have my car. This is my second bad experience there and I’ll never be back. When I was walking home with my 6 year old (it’s a two mile walk) a passing motorists that I recognized picked us up and told me he had a similar experience. That prompted me to go to my Facebook and see how many other bad experiences had happened at the same location and I was absolutely baffled by the responses and how many people have gone through similar situations at the same locations. Firestone on Conway and Curry Ford Rd in Orlando, FL, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Okay, truth being I bought 2 new tires and from that moment on my engine was breaking down. The manager of the Bee Ridge store in SRQ was fired. And my engine needed for everything to be fixed. I have a case #. I believe Firestone destroyed my engine. All I ask is for restitution for this. This company knows this is the truth. I had 3 alternators in one week. I missed work and was let go because I could not get there. Windshield washer no longer works after last visit. My radio, my battery, my timing chain, flushed gas tank now car uses more gas than ever. Switched out spare tire for a shredded one. The treatment of me was recorded by Firestone of store in Bradenton FL. And it was just wrong on so many levels. All I'm asking is restitution for their company destroyed my engine. If I were to say they care I would be lying.

I asked if it we're there wife or daughter or sister or mother would you want them to be treated the way have. And they responded don't make it personal. Okay, I'm supposed to allow them to verbally abuse me and destroy my engine. As a paying customer my engine destroyed. And loss of job and stress and this company does not care at all. I need to report to the state of Florida that Firestone is not a reputable company. I have tried to call and call. Now ignoring me. Females are talked down to. I have listened while waiting for them to so-called fix my car. Now it has become personal.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I bought 4 tires on October 15 2018. It cost me 826$ and after two weeks I got flat tire. I went to the Firestone company in Skokie Illinois to fix my flat tire cause I bought it with warranty. They made me wait two hours and then I went to get some work done and I came back. They made me wait another two hours. After that they told me had to make appointment in order to fix it. People who work there have no respect and do not know how to treat customers. I like Firestone tires but I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN AND GO TO THEIR STORE! Because if you have warranty and you go to them you will lose too much of TIME!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I bought 4 new tires a year ago. As I was driving 55 mph my right rear tire came completely apart. Lucky that I felt it and came to stop. I am now afraid to drive my truck because I fear it will happen again on the highway.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Ocala Firestone tried to tell me that the tire was not safe to go around the block. Tried to sell me an undersized tire. Rode on tire for another month and when we had it changed at another Firestone they did not see the gloom and doom picture that was painted for us. At second Firestone we bought a new tire and asked them to check our spare. They told me they could not crank the spare tire down. We got home and the crank worked. Both places have LIARS working for them. Never again.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Barely got 18,000 miles out of brand new tires. I drive 90% of my miles on the highway, and in no way drive my car hard, or in some way to wear my tires out. For a 460 rating, these 2017 tires are a joke and should be taken off the market.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased a set of Firestone Indy 500 rear tires on Tirerack.com. The tires were installed by Firestone Complete Autocare in February 2018 and an alignment was performed. 5 Months and 5,000 miles later the tires were completely bold. I called Firestone Corporate Warranty department. After 45 minutes on hold (I was caller # 2 for 45 minutes), they inform me that the tire has no tread warranty and that there is nothing they can do for me. Went to the local Firestone Complete Auto Care store in Laguna Niguel and they confirmed that this wear is very unusual but they recommended to call the corporate customer service again. I tried again, was left 45 minutes on hold as Caller # 1 and then I was informed that the office is now close and to try again tomorrow. In the meantime I ordered a set of Continental DWS, got them installed. The last time they lasted over 30,000 miles. Never again will I buy Firestone.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Our 2016 Jeep Patriot came with Firestone tires from the factory. The tread seemed to hold up but wet and dry traction was horrible and a soft sidewall. They were so bad that we took them off after only 9,000 miles of use. This was a common complaint with Patriot owners. Reviews at places like tirerack.com reflected the same thing. The only other Firestones we owned came on a used car we bought a long time ago were Firestone 721 and the belts broke on all 4 tires. That said, people have had good things to say about Firestone Destination tires. When buying tires you need to review the specific model tire not just the brand.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Believe all the bad reviews about these tires. Tires should be renamed "FIRE-PITIFUL". Bought a brand new Honda Fit after trading in my Honda CR-Z. Tires that came with my CR-Z were actually Dunlop tires that held up for about 50,000+ before I finally replaced them which was awesome. My brand new Honda Fit came with Fire-pitiful(s). Oh goodness. Now I've heard and read all the terrible reviews and complaints about Fire-pitiful tires for years and years but of course I had no control over the Fire-pitiful(s) that came with my new car. Smh. I don't even do a lot of driving. One of my tires was flattened after only a few months (3000+) miles, of having my car. Tire pressure light kept coming on and had to get it replaced because it was not good!

Next, a tire bubble developed on another tire after 22,000 miles. Now I know tire bubbles can develop on just about any tire but I don't think it's just a coincidence. As I stated earlier I drove on all kinds of potholes, cracks, and crevices on my Dunlop tires for 50,000 + miles and had not ever had an issue. I get Fire-pitiful(s) and the tires just fall apart. Tires don't hold up for nothing. I really don't understand why Honda would even use these tires for their brand new cars. Their tires are just terrible... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I took my vehicle (Tahoe) to Firestone for a full set of new tires. When I picked it up it was dark. I noticed both wing mirrors were folded in but thought nothing of it. I drove home and parked my car and then didn't use it again until I went to work. First thing I saw as I walked towards my vehicle is a long scratch (about 16-18" long and was right down to the metal) and dent at the bottom of the passenger front door above the running board.

I called Firestone and they said to "come in and they would see what they could do to help me out with it". I did that the next morning and they sent me over to a body shop they use/knew and they gave me an estimate to repair the damage $559.00. I went back to Firestone with the estimate and the manager said, "I don't see how we could have done that but for customer relations we'll pay 50% towards the repair and that's the best we can do". My new tires cost me $543 to begin with and now with the damage the full set will have cost me $823.00.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

These tires are terrible and I believe a huge safety hazard for anyone with a SUV or truck. My Toyota 2000 Tacoma only had the tires on my truck one week and a half when the tire popped out of the rim and blew out. I had to have the truck towed to the nearest Firestone dealer. The mechanic said I must have hit a pothole. Not so. The tire broke out of the rim. Do not buy these destination AT 102 speed OWL. Purchased road hazard for $69.60 protection. They made me pay another $5.00 for handling of old tire. Not fair, not my fault.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Tires Company Information