Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Firestone Tires
3.67/5

Firestone

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Firestone Tires Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Big Al at the front desk has helped me tremendously with my car time and time again. They continue to give the best service and are always helpful. Also took my girlfriends car into the shop and they were just as helpful as before! Thanks for all the help!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Raul and Michael took great care of my Tundra and made it perfect again. The service was fast! I recommend this location for honest work. I will be coming back soon for an oil change and new air filter.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Michael was incredibly fast with my new tires and oil change, he brought up to me I had a dirty air filter which I actually liked him showing to me in person. He was very professional and quick! Definitely recommend asking for Michael as your technician, plus he’s very handsome!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Nashua NH Firestone very bad service. Came in. Buy 4 tires. Could not help me because I want prepaid for four tires. Manager very rude. I was going send over 1000 dollars in tires so my wife just go there pick up suv so it easy for her but manager so rude. He just did care.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I went to the Firestone store @ Highland and Plaza where I bought my Motorhome Tires to get them Rotated and Johnathan the Manager was adamant saying, "You did not buy your Tires from here so we cannot rotate them." Well, that was wrong. In fact after checking they were bought at that Store as I continuously insisted.

"Would you now rotate my Tires?" I asked.."No...because our equipment has changed since 2013 we cant lift up your Tire." I immediately called Customer Care and he said that he would now do the job. Johnathan gets off the phone and says, "I can't do it. These are 1/2 ton jacks.." After looking closer in fact they were 3 1/2 ton Jacks.. "Would you please do what you said to on our Customer Care conversation." I said, "Why are you continually arguing and filibustering with me??.." FOR 10 MINUTES AFTER THE CUSTOMER CARE PHONE CALL!!! I am now really heated. Why are you treating me like this? That's when he says, "You can call customer Care. I AM NOT DOING THE JOB!!!" Needless to say, I called again and he said that he would do it and did not. I'm Tired. No pun intended.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I called to have 2 tires on my vehicle replaced. I called in advance to see if they could get me in and out by 6pm. Eddie ** store manager quoted me one price and took all my information. I called again to verify my appointment only to find out that Eddie's notes on my price appointment or anything was nowhere to be found. I spoke to Guillermo ** service manager. He apologized. Quoted me a higher price and assured me he will get me out by 6pm.

Both Eddie and Guillermo went home and Anne ** sales teammate was unaware of my appointment and said that my car would not be ready by 6pm. She asked who I talked to (frustrating) and I explained I have been waiting 1 hr and half to replace 2 front tires. Anne was playing on her phone and seem uninterested of my problem since she didn't make the appointment. I finally asked for information to file a formal complaint only to have Anne look on the internet on her phone for the answer to that question. Horrible customer service. Horrible sloppy communication at this Fresno store in Shaw. I will be contacting more people if I don't get a formal apology.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Tire Sales Associate Meagan completely failed scheduling this repair for Wednesday, June 5th 2019 after I was there on Saturday, June 1st to learn that my expansion valve needed to be replaced. She told me I'd be out the door by 9:00 AM. I didn't leave until 10:10 AM. The Service Manager, Joey, was equally awful. He was very rude and inconsiderate of my situation and suggested he stop the AC recharge to accommodate Meagan's misgivings. $400 later my AC still is not repaired after Meagan ran an AC system check that suggested the expansion valve would correct the problem. I have always had positive experiences at Store #17388 Managed by JAMES ** prior to this disaster. Kris ** is the only reason I continue to use Firestone. I'd like my AC fixed but clearly you lack the personnel at this location in Gastonia NC to get it done. I'd like to know how this will be resolved!

Original review: June 17, 2019

A year ago in February of 2018 I took my 2012 Chevy Sonic to Firestone in Oak Park, IL for head gasket service because the coolant was mixing with oil. It's was finished and ready first week of March. Within weeks later while driving my car I notice smoke coming from the hood. Now, I had taken it back and was told it was some piece they had replaced. I took it back three more times for the same issue. On the fourth time I dropped the car off in the middle of October. Consistently telling them I need my car, this is how I get to work and take my son to school.

Finally after three weeks I was offered a rental. I called, asked do I need to add my insurance, I was told no. Now November is almost over I get a call saying my car is ready. As I walk up my daughter and I noticed right away. Damage to the driver from of my car with red paint. Before I received a call from the mechanic, my fiance called telling me, he saw my car going down Chicago Ave. in Oak Park. I said they just called saying my car was ready. After having a heated argument with Victor the manager. He told me to get an estimated from down the street bump city.

I made an appointment, took the car for the estimate. I gave him the paperwork and I was suppose to hear back from a Mike -- no response. It's April. Car coolant is still mixing and I was told three times this issue was fixed. Not only not having a car. I have a two hundred bill from Enterprise for the insurance. I made a claim and the claims department only respond twice via email. I been calling, leaving voicemails for the claims rep -- no response. I called the supervisor who is out on leave. Said he will be back after June 14. It now 11 am on June 17, 2019. No response. I'm about to lose my job because I can't get to work. I have a 8th grader who is doing an excellent job and graduate this week. We to get on the bus and I can't celebrate him. Because I can't get to work, as much. It seems like they take things and brush then off. I'm so disappointed and very stressed at this point.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I took my 2016 Impala in to a Firestone location in Rock Hill, SC due to a tire issue. I purchased my tires there last year. Not even 24 hours later I total lost my car. I heard a noise coming from my driver front tire. The next thing I know I'm wrecking my car. Due to being hit in the face with the airbag and hitting my head on the steering wheel I passed out. The next thing I remembered was a police officer knocking on my car window asking me what happened. I stated to him that the last thing I remembered before wrecking is hearing a noise coming from my drivers tire. Upon me getting out my car the front driver tire was all the way off the rim.

I wrote Firestone a letter and sent them pictures. A lady by the name of Jennifer called me. I gave her my insurance adjusters information. She contacted them. Then I gets a phone call from her again basically telling me that it will be my job to get the tires from the insurance company's tow yard and ship them to her. The insurance adjuster told her in order for the tires and rims to be removed off the car that it’s Firestone's responsibility to put another tire on there. I asked Jennifer could I speak with her manager. She said they was out of the office until Friday June 14, 2019. Jennifer was very nasty and talked to me over the phone as if I was a dummy and that the wreck was my fault.

Now I have never been involved in a wreck before in my life, no traffic violations or anything. This wreck could have killed me and others. I guess in order for someone to do something I'm need to contact a attorney so that they can intervene by Friday because the car is suppose to go to an auction. If I could rate Firestone a negative 100 I would because my kids could have been faced with growing up without a mother due to this wreck.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Stopped by the Rio Rancho, NM location off of Southern. Didn’t get an inspection nor a price, was only told if I required service I would need to leave my car until 1PM. I was there at 8 AM. Representative was rude, lacked empathy, and for a potential first time customer, he ensured I will never think about giving my hard earned money to Firestone. Company needs to enforce professionalism, and standard courtesy. I don’t care about your budgets or staffing issues. PERIOD. Competitors was able to provide inspection, quote, and service completed by 10AM.

Firestone expert review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Tires Company Information