Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Firestone Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Firestone Complete Auto Care?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Bought a new 2020 2500 Ram. Only got 25000 miles on tires and need new ones. Rotated tires every 5000 miles only have 3/16 thread left on tires. By far the worst tires I have ever owned. I will not be buying Firestone Tires ever going with Michelin tires. Shame on ram for putting such a bad tire on their trucks. Firestone you can do better than this. These tires are junk at best. Not a happy customer of Firestone. Customer beware!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased 4 tires and was asked if I wanted to have them aligned. I said yes and after the tires were on the car I was told they weren't able to do the alignment because they needed special equipment for my car. They offered a service they couldn't provide and when I said I didn't want the tires I was told it would be 3 hours to have the tires taken off. I was then told they were hoping to have the capability to align my make of car soon. "They were working on it". After this comment it seemed to me he knew this before selling me the tires. This is a HORRIBLE business. There were 2 other customers waiting for their vehicles with horror stories. The location of the store is in Northampton MA. I imagine this is across the board at any location. Stay away from Firestone.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of Firestone tires. Brand new tires are more than 60% worn at 28,000 MI. They used to have a good name 20 years ago. They have obviously done something to lower their cost and create more profit for themselves at the expense of the consumer. I would never buy their tires again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Never ever use this ridiculous company! I left my car for oil change and was told it will take 1.5 hours. I came back in 1.5 hours. There was only 1 car in shop with empty parking lot and 5 workers wondering around doing nothing. Nobody even start working on my car. Amazing!!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Brought my car in to have some repair done to it as it was previously recommended to me by one of the mechanics at the firestone auto repair. One of the recommendations was to replace my spark plugs. I did so elsewhere a week ago and I went there today to have the other recommendations done. When completed I was giving my receipt and I drove off, when I reviewed my receipt these people had replaced my spark plugs again.

I immediately called them very upset and asked why they had replaced my spark plugs when they were brand new? Their response was that I should have told them that my sparkplug had already been replaced. My question was did you not see that they were brand new? They said they cant tell if the sparkplug are new because they changed it according to the miles on my car. $245 I was charged when I had already paid $240 dollars for the same job. I am now convinced that those mechanics there cannot be trusted.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Firestone Tires in Littleton, Colorado, 7980 S. Broadway worked on my car and caused damage. They somehow put a HUGH SCRATCH on my car. I brought this to the attention of the Manager, ** and he basically "guaranteed that it couldn't have been done" while my car was trusted to them. NEVER take your Car to a Firestone Tire Store!!! ***WARNING*** They will damage your car and argue with you about how they couldn't possibly have done any damage to your car. People in Management Positions DON'T have scruples to do the right thing in this day and age.

NEVER TRUST any FIRESTONE STORE, EMPLOYEE, MANAGER, ANYTHING. FIRESTONE has a triple trust guarantee that they will do the right thing, always. **!!! I will guarantee that they will lie to you about Damaging your car, and never do the Right Thing if they cause damage to it. NEVER trust FIRESTONE - anyone!!! They lost a customer for life, and I will NEVER go back!!! ** Boo FIRESTONE!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

A few weeks ago, I had my brakes changed on my car by my regular mechanic. I didn't have time to do my oil change. I decided that since Firestone is across the street from my job, I will drop it off for an oil change and pick it up on my lunch break. They called me and said that something was wrong with my brakes. I told them that there was no way that was possible because I had just changed my brakes earlier that day. I picked up my car later and they gave me an estimate for over $700 to get my brakes and rotors done. My regular mechanic said earlier that day that nothing was wrong with my rotors.

About a week later, my car started smoking near the tires. I went to my original mechanic and he said that my calipers are messed up and I won't be able to drive my car home. He just called me and said that me rotors are damaged and I have no brakes on my car. He even remembers changing them. Firestone messes with peoples cars. I didn't tell them to look at it. I just wanted a simple oil change.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I visited your facility because Good Year didn’t have any mechanic in. I thought I would just take it across the street. I haven’t heard anything negative about them. I was getting the car fixed for my 16 year old daughter. I put 2 new tires on there the same day prior to bring it there. Which was about 220.00, and I just got new tags on the car which was about 30.00. I got a new brake job done for about 60.00. I kept going back and forward trying to see if I was going to fix it or just trade it in. So I decided to fix it. It was paid for. Never had any major problems with the car. So I took it up there he told me I need a tire rod. I also told him about how every 6 months I have to add anti freeze to it. But still that was never a problem. He said he would look over it and call back. He said it need a radiator. I was kind of skeptical about spending 500 to put the part on. But the manager told me he had a 20% off the coupon. He said that all I see wrong with the car.

So with the tire rod and the front wheel alignment, it was about 900.00. Plus I had been ill and didn’t want to keep moving the car around. I told them to do the job. I opened up a line of credit, really didn’t have the money. I spent about 900 on a credit card. I picked my car up Friday night. Monday night afternoon it was running hot and it quit on me. It wouldn’t start. I had to have it towed right back up there.

The mechanic looked at it and said I had a blown head gasket. Didn’t have this problem before. The mechanic said nothing else wrong with the car. He said that would cost about 2500 to fix. It was perfectly fine before I bought it there. I am a single parent with 3 kids. I don’t have any money to waste. I feel like they were trying to rip me off. I reached out to cooperate, which was very unprofessional. He pretty much emailed me and said the mechanics were not at fault. After about 9 phone calls, emails, and After them holding my car for 3 weeks. He didn’t even have enough nerves to return my call. Now I’m Stuck with a credit card bill and an out of fixed car!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I took car in for repair. Tech person Broke alternator and told me car was fix, it took 9 days to fix. Then 5 mos later returned for warranty part replacement. Again something else went wrong. I call John. Told him car overheating had to pull over on side street. John told me to let it cool then drive it home. Then call him back for towing number. I call John back to let him know car was smoking, but John had went home for the day. Didn’t tell anyone I needed a towing service. I’m a women left in the dark on side of road. Work service number **. Replace upper hose that broke off while I was driving on highway. I will nerve trust Firestone to work on my car again. Rate is zero.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Nashua NH Firestone very bad service. Came in. Buy 4 tires. Could not help me because I want prepaid for four tires. Manager very rude. I was going send over 1000 dollars in tires so my wife just go there pick up suv so it easy for her but manager so rude. He just did care.

Firestone Complete Auto Care author review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1900 in Akron, Ohio, Firestone was the original, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) when it teamed up with Henry Ford to provide tires for the Model T.

• Buy & try guarantee: With some limitations, consumers can return tires for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

• Specialty tires: Firestone offers both performance and off-road specialty tires for consumers looking for more than passenger vehicle tires. Specialty tires can be searched via the website.

• Search tool: Finding the perfect tire is easy. Consumers can search on several criteria, including vehicle, tire size or name.

• Convenient locations: Firestone offers tires and service centers at factory owned locations and through independent shops.

• Financing: The Firestone credit card offers easy financing for new tires or auto services with a competitive APR and special offers.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Firestone Tires Company Information