eBay Motors

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Like the 142+ other reviews on this site, I have experienced a similar situation July 2017 in a potential purchase of a motorcycle. I went back and forth on the Craigslist email about wanting to meet in person to look at the motorcycle as it was located 3 hours away and I was going to be in town and that I needed a phone number and directions, they asked for us to use our email. Each time the person did not give name or phone number as requested and the last response said "Use your email", so I sent an email via my own and then I got the response like many others. If this sounds familiar to you... RUN as fast as you can, Do Not Continue the Dialog and Do Not Give Them Any Money!!!

2008 Honda Accord 82K miles on it. Knew it sounded too good to be true. You have to be a complete retard to sell a car like that for only 1,500. Anyway, you think these scammers would have the decency to at least change their story up once or twice? Lol. They must think we are dumb. It's a good little scam though. Everyone needs cars and everyone looking for a car is desperate. So kudos to them for that idea. The lady gave me the ** story about her dead son in a bike accident. Me, having no emotions, didn't feel even a gram of sympathy for said lady. I was more so intrigued to know if he "died" on a motorcycle or if he "died" on a bicycle. Anyway. Don't let these ** scam you out of your money because you're hungry for a car.

So my Husband is in the market for a used truck. He found a truck on Craigslist and it seemed good. He contacted the seller. She said she was in the Army and husband died and she was being deployed and wanted to sell the truck. My Husband is a retired disabled vet so he agreed to buy the truck for 1500.00. She told him eBay Motors was handling the sale and shipping was free because someone else had agreed to buy it and paid the shipping already.. All he had to do was get 3 $500.00 eBay gift cards and send them pictures of them. They would ship the truck and he had 5 days to decide if he wanted it or not, after 5 days if he wanted it they would then ask for the cards.

I seen red flags all over this. So I called eBay customer service and they told me they do not accept payment of gift cards only credit cards or PayPal. They also asked me to send the email to them so they can look into it. Thank goodness I followed my gut on this or we would have lost $1500.00 which is a lot to us being retired.

I ordered and paid for a car that I thought was on eBay Motors. Was instructed to buy eBay gift cards to submit payment. Yes, I should have known better!. Anyway, by the time I realized that I had been scammed, the scammers had spent one of the four gift cards. Called that night and was told eBay wouldn't do anything but that I should report it to the FTC. So I did that. Called back the next morning and was told, one of the cards had already been spent but that they would freeze the three remaining cards and I could call back in a week to get new numbers for those three remaining cards.

Well, now it is more than 2 weeks later so I called again. This time I was transferred to 3 different "departments". Finally got to a guy who said, yes they have my documentation (since May 24th) but it was still under review. There is no way to talk to the "department" that is supposed to be investigating this. This last person got frustrated with me, I understand, but he is not out $2000.00!!! Still waiting.

Found a 2001 Nissan Altima SE on Craigslist.org with only 90,532 miles and it only cost $500. The seller name Francisca **, claim that she have to "leaving with my unit Brigade Combat Team back to South Korea replacing the troops scheduled to come home." She ask for my phone number, name, and address, so she could gave it to eBay Motor. eBay email me on what step I have to take, it also include her address, so I google her address on Google map and it appear to be non-existent address, because of that I didn't took the next step. When something sound or look like it too good to be true, it is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

eBay and ConsumerAffairs saved me from a scam. I had answered an ad in a local paper in The Villages, FL for a 1993 Ford truck. I called the number, ** & left a message. About 10 days later I get a text advising me her aunt was the actual owner and email her at **. Caryn answered my emailed with a wonderful description. "Condition of the truck is excellent, no mechanical problems, very well maintained, never wrecked or involved in an accident, title clear, legally under my name, 69,035 actual mileage, 4x4, 8 cyl, automatic transmission, 5.0L engine size, burgundy exterior, gray interior. The price is $2,456." She said she got the truck in a divorce settlement & didn't need it, so selling ASAP. I replied wanted to see the truck, requesting a time to see it or meet her. She promptly sent me 12 pictures and stated the truck was in Enid, Oklahoma as after divorce she got a job there.

The truck was in a warehouse all packed up for shipping & the deal was through eBay Motors. I said I would purchase so promptly an email arrived in my personal email with invoice & instructions to pay with eBay gift cards in $500 increments as that was the limit on gift cards. Everything looked authentic. Called the 866-466-0567 eBay number on the invoice. It was answered eBay Support by Mary ** and she assured me the seller was only using eBay Motors for the shipping due to eBay protection, thus no listing on eBay auction website.

I then googled eBay Motors complaints and read your reviews. I called my husband, fortunately caught him just as he was about to get the cards to purchase. I located the real eBay support number 866-540-3229, spoke to Joyce who confirmed this is a scam. She had me forward my emails from Caryn to eBay at car@ebay.com. I called Mary back at the fake eBay number asking to speak with her supervisor, she said hold and then hung up. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. Thank you ConsumerAffairs and eBay as I am truly grateful. I had purchased about 70 items from eBay, mostly collectibles and car parts, and I knew they always contacted me thru my eBay inbox and then confirmed to my personal email, WATCH OUT FOR ADS IN RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES AND FOR CARYN ** AND MARY **. AGAIN THANK YOU CONSUMERAFFAIRS AND EBAY.

I'm just adding this to confirm what appears to be an ongoing scam - possible abuse to be aware of when using eBay for buying cars. I found a car that sounded a bit too good to be true - necessary details were missing or were on the vague side, so I contacted the seller via email. She gave me the same story I'm seeing here: she was in the medical military service, going to be deployed shortly, and that's why the car was selling for such a great price. Then she asked me for personal info that she would give to eBay, so they could contact me with the transaction details. After reading the stories listed here, my experience was too familiar to those where people had been scammed. So - thank you for this website! I dodged the bullet.

Responded to an ad yesterday on the internet looking for local sales. I cannot recall for sure the exact site as I only wrote the contact number for her. It was most likely Craigslist, Aiken SC or Augusta, GA. Got a response in a little while from a person identifying herself as Martha, husband just died and has bad memories and just want to get rid of it. Sent me a link to view all the photos of it as there were none on the ad itself. Later she tells me she has moved to her hometown of Omaha, Nebraska and eBay is handling the sale for her. I went ahead with it as it sounded like a great deal and did not want to miss an opportunity. I got an invoice from eBay for the vehicle today and it appears to be legit, but too many unanswered questions!!! Called eBay support and got someone in Asia so I just hung up.

As a previous buyer on eBay Motors and buying 2 previous cars, I wanted to share a recent bad experience I had and was not resolved with eBay dispute resolution process. I bought a BMW on eBay, used the vehicle autocheck history option to check on the vehicle history, accidents, water damage and more. I was also told by the owner that it was "well maintained" and serviced. He said that there was nothing to worry about as eBay has a great reputation for selling quality cars. Well unfortunately, the car looked amazing, but was never maintained.

The service records for my "well serviced" were completely empty and not performed. I also was notified by the dealership that the vehicle was also in fact involved in an accident. I contacted eBay, as I was upset over several issues and was told because the car was 10 yrs. old... Tough luck! eBay said the only thing I could do was write negative feedback! What a joke. My advice, buy local, take it to a mechanic and have it thoroughly inspected. No more eBay Motors for me.

Someone hacked into my account and bought a camera and had it sent to P.O. Box which I thought wasn't allowed. The camera was not paid for and it was sent to a state that was 1000 miles from my house. eBay shut me down and still refuses to find this guy, it's not just eBay motors that suck. It's all of eBay. It's like talking to a robot that has no emotion or feelings and they still refuse to let me back on. I have bought 5 cars from eBay and 3 of them were a scam that cost me more money. That got me nowhere.

I cannot believe I fell for the online scam of purchasing a vehicle. I am in desperate need of a car. I had a little money saved up and this car seemed too good to be true. And it was. It was a 2009 Honda Accord. Through many emails the girl finally said she was on base going through training, I live not far from a military base and asked could I meet her (I thought she was there. She had a local telephone number). She said she was at another base and the car was there with her but she would ship it to me as soon as I paid. I had an uneasy feeling about the whole but paid without doing any more research. Then she asked for more money, that's when I looked into and I got scammed. :(

I called my bank to try and stop the transaction. I put in a claim and the bank told me to go to Walmart where I did the MoneyGram and ask if they could stop it, but it was too late. So be on the lookout for a Theresa ** and the so called eBay agents Clark ** and Adrian **. And be on the lookout for a Alicia **, she claims to be selling 2003 Nissan Altima (she didn't get my money). She wanted to be paid with prepaid cards, I didn't fall for her trick.

I live in Kentucky & purchased a vehicle in Michigan. To title a vehicle in Kentucky you have to have a AFFIDAVIT OF TOTAL CONSIDERATION GIVEN FOR A MOTOR VEHICLE double notarized of signatures both buyer & seller. My seller won't respond & Ebay won't help as I have the title which is worthless without the affidavit... Spent 4 hours on the phone with Ebay. No one that I could talk to could get that I haven’t received the documents necessary to get clear title? Buyer Protection? It’s a bad joke… The last supervisor I spoke with allowed I could part it out to recoup my loss? Somebody needs to be sued for misinformation!! What protection? I'm a 15 year Ebayer with 1100 feedback of 100%. Not a business!!! Unbelievable I could find myself in this position.

I like many people here feel robbed after going thru the experience on buying a car thru eBay motors. Like everyone else here I received an email offering a car for sale and as always this person was in the armed forces and I believe it and I send $2500.00. This eBay agent who is obvious was not, now I am trying to call him at the number he gave me and he does not answer. I do not understand how eBay allow someone to use their logo and prey on people and rob them of their hard earn money. Now I am not sure how am I going to get the money back. I called eBay and they told me they were not responsible and I called MoneyGram and they told me they were not responsible so that is why I am writing in here to see if anyone can help me or tell if they were able to get their money back.

This is a scam. eBay Motors isn't real. I tried to purchase a car from an ad on Craigslist. 2007 Toyota Camry for 1500.00. They had me moneygram the money. Then once they received that, they asked me to send an additional 1,000.00 for insurance. That raised a red flag. The seller was emailing me and the eBay protection had a phone number that also called me. It was a scam though. Do not send them your money. eBay agent name was Earl ** and the supposed seller name is Esther **. Be on lookout. I'm pissed. I'm about to be put out of my home and still have no car. Why didn't I do my research. I'm so upset.

This place is a SCAM. I purchased a vehicle from them on their 99 No Reserve eBay auction. I provided my down payment and got the dealer paperwork. We were in the same state so my bank would only do a draft wire and they would not accept that. When the owner John found this out he threatened me that I had until Friday to pay or I would not get my deposit back. I pulled cash and tried to make arrangements to meet with him and finish the transaction. He was not available and said he would not be around until Monday. I told him that was not going to work for me and he is now in breach of his agreement.

He quickly called me and stated in a verbal conversation that he would refund my deposit and wanted to cancel the transaction because he wasn't available as long as I left him positive feedback on eBay. I agreed but never saw my refund. Three days later he text me and asked if I still wanted the car. I said no and asked where my refund was. He said he was still unavailable to refund. He then turned it over to eBay saying I never paid. I left him negative feedback on eBay but he was able to get them to remove it because he gave me a chance to purchase the vehicle 4 days after his deadline. He is hiding behind eBay, eBay Motors, and Paypal to run his fraudulent business.

Fraud car selling. This woman posted a 2007 Rav4 Toyota saying her husband died and it just had bad memories for her. Sent me an invoice from eBay buyer protection telling me I needed to pay with ebay gift cards. Looked real. Glad I went to ebay site and checked the 1-866 number. Also ebay says they never have you pay with gift cards.

I saw a listing for a 2004 Nissan Maxima on this app called letgo. I emailed the supposed owner named Barbara ** asking for more details. This is the reply that I got: "Hi, I have received your email regarding the 2004 Nissan Maxima. The car has 72,301 miles 3.5L liter V6.engine. The car is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the car is $1.500 (including delivery and handling to your address). I'm selling this car because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident. The car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.

Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay Motors (Buyer Protection Program), so if you're interested in purchasing the car just reply me your full name, full address, phone number and email address so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 12 hours to explain the entire procedure. Here you have pictures. God Bless you and your family."

I felt so bad about her son supposedly passing away. I replied with my details and gave my condolences even. Thank goodness I made sure to check ConsumerAffairs and saw that there were several other people who experienced the same thing, and they got the same story about a couple with a son passing away and having to use eBay Motors instead.

Because I had given my details, I received an email from (supposedly eBay Motors), they used the email address that ended in mail.com, totally not legit. If you look at the PDF that they sent me, you would totally think it was legit, but it's not. Part of the document stated, "Payment must be completed using MoneyGram Money Transfer "10 Minutes" Service. Payment must be sent to the eBay Motors Agent in charge of this transaction. The eBay Motors Agent named Martin ** will secure your payment until you receive, inspect and agree to the condition of the item." That's a total red flag, didn't even ask for my credit details, asking for payment via MoneyGram. It's so sad that there are people out there who would do this, cheat other people of their hard earned money. BEWARE!!!

I wish I had looked at this before I got scammed. I purchased a car from a woman through Craigslist. After making all the arrangements with her, she even gave me the Vin # and I ran a Carfax on the vehicle that came through clean. I got an email from eBay Motors. Sent them $2,000 yesterday for the car and then got a verification today that the payment had cleared but I needed to send them another $1,000 today to insure the vehicle for delivery and they would give me cash back when the car was delivered. I called the trucking company they gave me and they told me that I was being scammed because they insure the car until it is delivered. In the process of trying to get my money back so I can purchase a car. My car was totaled and my rental is only good until Feb. 11th through my insurance company. I feel like such a fool. Will never deal with Craigslist or eBay of any kind ever again.

The car was supposed to be needing a tuneup and brakes bled to be a driver. However, the transmission is banging while the car idles. The engine has squealing crank bearings. The entire brake system needs an overhaul. The steering flies over to one side while driving. The engine is leaking antifreeze (ad says rebuilt engine). The car has an electrical short and battery dies if parked for about an hour. Nothing in the car works, heater, blower, headlights, power windows, all dead... My estimate is about $3500 just to make it a driver.

I tried to get a car from eBay motors and, there's no other way to explain it is I got scam by some man name Micheal **. He told me that he was my agent on my car that I wanted to buy. I told him my I'd # and he said it was a Nissan 2004 for 1.000 dollars. He informed me that they did not use bank accounts just a card called OneVanilla debit card, I should of seen that as a Red Flag, but didn't. So I tried calling him back. He answered and I told him my name and he hung up on me. So I knew right then I got scammed. So if you try to buy a car off Craigslist and for some reason they go through eBay then (STOP) the deal cause there's no such thing.

Lesson people if you talk to a guy and it through Craigslist and then find yourself talking to someone name Micheal ** hang up the phone, bad business with him. He is fake and trying to steal your money. His # is suppose to be through eBay cause that's the way it answers. DON'T call this # 866-266-7007 he will take your money. I really don't see how eBay lets this keep going on unless they are in it too. eBay motors is fraudulent. Stay away from it. They got me for 1.000.00 dollars.

This past spring I purchased a 2007 lexus ls 460, Off ebay motors. This was a bid auction on a car that the seller, Bryan ** owner of Extreme Motors Miami, FL. Said the car was excellent inside and out. After winning bid, Which I suspect insider bidding the price up. A month later shows up after shipping. Car would not even start, Then all parts of the interior were melted from the heat. The carpet has a hole worn to the floorboards. Then I noticed the paint on the hood, top and trunk were all damaged from the sun. A whitish hue.

Plus he said everything worked as it should. The Right rear door has a burned out fuse, Plus a missing lug nut and many parts to remove a tire were missing. This is from a person saying the car was excellent condition. If you intend on making a buy from this person beware and have it inspected as his word is less than nothing. He hides flaws by a HD camera with filters, So a Inspection will be Important. When the car will not even start this seller is a crook, Bryan **, Extreme motors. Beware no fuel in the tank among all else ouch. Plus ebay motors would not allow me to post a comment on the seller, As they protect him for his fees.

Bought a hardtop convertible. Ad says car was in perfect shape. Be assured this car is perfect... Well it arrived and convertible does not work. Took it to Chrysler and they find hydraulic fluid in the trunk and under the backseat... $2,200. Talked to seller and they say that can't be. We replaced the pump... Ooops. Anyway called eBay. Motor vehicle specialist didn't even know what a convertible was. Really? Filed a claim. They reject it. Escalated it and they point me towards a clause that says option associated with a trim package are not covered. OMG. I guess a hatchback would be a trim package option.

My only recourse is bad feedback but if you read you know there is no way that does anything. I have bought 4 cars so through them so guess 75% is as good as it gets. I would recommend not buying without inspection... I would also at this point say eBay doesn't have qualified people or anything close to what they say they do for buyer protection.

eBay has a feedback system where buyers can give sellers a feedback; whether positive, negative or neutral. This method is supposed to give buyers an idea about how trustworthy each seller is. Well, this method is fraudulent and misleading because sellers can remove the feedback they don't like by claiming that the particular buyer (who wrote the negative feedback) didn't pay them. By opening a "no payment" case with eBay, the seller can remove the negative remarks and put a negative mark on the buyer's account (i.e. form of retaliation).

I contacted eBay about this car that I bought from a dealer in FL who had a 100% positive feedback on eBay when the car had numerous unlisted defects. eBay didn't do anything to protect me. They said that they will only intervene if the car was a total wreck and couldn't be driven. When I gave the seller a negative feedback, he opened a "no payment" case against me and was able to remove my feedback, even though that I paid him by a wire transfer, in full. I sent copies of all of my documents to eBay to prove my case, but the most they did was removing the negative mark from my account. I was not able to write a feedback on the seller who continues to enjoy a 100% positive feedback on his account and continues to run away with his lies.

I was recently shopping around for a car. I found this beautiful car on an app called "OfferUp". I messaged the seller and he said he posted the car for his sister and gave me her gmail. I emailed her asking about the vehicle which was listed for $1000 and this is what she replied to me with. "Hi, I have received your email regarding the 2003 Nissan Murano SE. The car has 87k miles, 3.5L V6 engine. The car is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the car is $1,000 (including delivery and handling to your address). I'm selling this car because my child of only 23 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.

"Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay Motors (Buyer Protection Program), so if you're interested in purchasing the car just reply me your full name, full address, phone number and email address so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 12 hours to explain the entire procedure".

eBay Motors emailed me telling me about the deal and how they would hold the money and I'll have 5 days to decide if I wanted it or not and if not they would pick the car back up free of charge with full refund. So I emailed the seller asking for a mobile number so me and my dad could talk to her and she said she was around her boss and couldn't talk on the phone. Then I asked the next day (today) if she could provide me with a number. Her excuse this time was that she was at work and couldn't talk on the phone. I asked her when her next off day would be and she told me that she only get 3 days off each month 10, 11, 12. She started to tell me to let her know whether or not I wanted to go through with the deal because she had 3 other potential buyers.

I did some research on Google real fast and was like "If I purchase a vehicle online through eBay motors and don't receive the vehicle could I sue?" Then ConsumerAffairs came up and I was going through a couple stories and found one very similar to mines. Same bad memory of child's death story. Only difference is they used 26 and this person used 23. So I contacted eBay customer service and let them know what was going on through their company. If it wasn't for ConsumerAffairs I would have been out of $1000. Don't fall for the spams guys.

We purchased the 97-10 Ford Explorer Mercury Mazda 4.0L SOHC Engine Timing Chain Kit VIN E K #**. Purchased on Jan 16th 2016. Went bad August 6th 2016. Warranty stated 1 year. Contacted the seller and they have refused to reply and ignored several attempts to resolve this. When we tried to repurchase the product the seller (topcn-autoparts) had already blocked us. Clearly they intended to sell bad product and then not warrant them when they fail. Stay away from topcn-autoparts ON EBAY. THEY ARE VERY BAD SELLERS AND CROOKS!

We were told as seller with service case # ** by Resolution supervisor to call on certain day and the case will be closed in our favor. Of course we called twice after that phone call to make sure that is what it says in the system. Was told "yes that is true" and when we called that day, resolution department doesn't want to honor this promise which we have the Service request number and left us with no choice at all. Don't trust Ebay supervisors and don't trust them whey they give you case # which doesn't mean anything. Bunch of non-reliable people. Amazon is much better.

I bought an RV off Craig's list which cost me $2000 dollars. Then was told l needed to send another $1500 to cover the shipping cost for insurance but would get it back. Well guess what - no RV and no more money. Now the same RV is showing up in Columbus Ohio for same price and same number to call. Have filed complaint and waiting to file charges.

A week ago I decided to look on Craigslist for a truck. I did find a 2003 Blk Silverado 1500 for $1,800, 114165 thousand miles. The whole nine... Clear title, great paintwork, garage kept. While checking the ConsumerAffairs site I saw a comment from another person who actually had the same experience as I did. Below is the email I received from a Barbara **... the seller. Everything was all a LIE! Please read below...

"I have received your email regarding the 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT with only 114165 miles. The truck is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. Never had or need any paint/body work done, garaged keep always, without any mechanical problems, tires and wheels are in great shape as well, electric is working perfectly. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the truck is $1,800 (including delivery and handling to your address).

I'm selling this truck because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the truck belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay, so if you're interested in purchasing the truck just reply me your full name, full address and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure."

If it wasn't for the comments on ConsumerAffairs I probably would have been scammed by this person. I received at least 5 emails from her. She came across extremely anxious. She told me that I will receive an email or call from eBay motor in 24 hrs, the email came about 30 mins later no calls. Something about the contract seemed fishy, no credit card required (red flag). I leave a paper trail with any contract dealing with money. I'm thankful for this site. Fortunately I lost no money but want to warned anyone checking Craigslist looking to spend your honest money on pathetic criminals. Be extremely careful if it sounds too good it probably is. This person has to be danger who uses a lie about a child death to scam hardworking people out of their hard earned money.

I "purchased" a car from a eBay seller who was rated very highly on her profile WITH eBay. Ada ** was stationed in Hickman AFB in Hawaii and her car she was selling was located in Offutt AFB in Nebraska. I ran a check on the Vin # of the car and it was indeed owned by military personnel and was located in Nebraska. I also checked with eBay customer service who assured me that this was a LEGIT offer and that I was indeed covered by the buyer/seller protection plan. (I have copies of all the emails.) I sent my money, it was tracked and confirmed received, and I was notified that the car was in transit. I would be notified by the transport when they were close to my location so I could sign the paperwork and take ownership of the car.

NO CAR - NO REIMBURSEMENT... Don't trust anyone from the military who is selling their car and DON'T TRUST EBAY MOTORS!!! I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the NCDOJ. I called the consumer services number for eBay and the lady verified she worked for eBay. But when she found out I wanted to talk to her supervisor regarding this transaction, she hung up. I'm beginning to think eBay has a hacker who works on their payroll. They need to clean house and clean up their act. Shame on you eBay Motors!

When looking at cars or other parts, you list a price, then put your best offer. I have bid on several cars when they have a reserve set, then when it gets down to the last 5 minutes and I am high bidder, the item is said pulled by seller. Then a week or 2 later same car with a higher reserve is on it. Also if an item is priced at example $100 OBO, if I want to bid $75, it says must enter $101 to bid. That's not proper business nor is that what you are advertising. You are advertising that the item will go to highest bidder when there is no reserve. If it's $100 reserve, then say so.

eBay Motors Company Profile