2. Automotive
  3. Car Dealerships

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.50/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

eBay Motors Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2020

June 27, 2020 my son wants to buy Silverado pick up and we saw this car offer up for only 1,200. I ask for that car if it's still available and someone emailed me by the name Elena ** using email account ** and she said it's still available and gave me the linked for ebay motors to deal with that car. She even said that she wants to sell that car because that was his son's car who died from accident.

After a few minutes, they emailed my son and they ask my son to buy ebay gift cards worth 1,200. And another 1,000 for shipping. But after paying it, they are no longer replying to all my messages and email and I check the number she gave to me is different from the number of legit ebay account. The number they are using is **. So pls pls pls. I want this to stop and give warning and precautions to all of you so pls DO NOT BUY ANY OR PAY ANY SINGLE CENTS IF THEY ASK YOU FOR EBAY GIFT CARD. They are all scammer!!!! I check the offerup and I saw they are in a group of scammer using different names. And I'm asking to report it to the police and FBI whoever experienced this. I know in due time, all their evilness will end up.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I agreed to pay Debra ** $600 for a trailer she offered through eBay, and sent eBay the $600, but eBay demanded another $1,000 for "shipping insurance," then, when I paid that, demanded another $1,000 for reasons not given. I sent another $800 before realizing something shady was going on, and demanded shipment of the trailer. I have gotten no responses from eBay since then, on Sunday, May 31, even after daily messages from me about filing a complaint with the BBB and asking the California Attorney General to investigate for possible fraud.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I pay for a boat and never received it. I paid 2500 and it was a scam. Have not heard for the people for four days now after I paid. They said it would be here in twelve hours. It the longest 12 hours. I don't recommend eBay Motor to no one. It is a rip off site and eBay should do something cause it's ruining the eBay name.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Don't buy eBay gift cards and pay for the car that way. That's how they got me for $800 bucks, I wouldn't recommend using the internet. Way too many ways to get your money and disappear. I bought 2 $400 Ebay cards and they haven't responded. And I used to use Ebay to sell products too. Never again though. Even wrote them with no response. I'm super disappointed in Ebay and they'll never see my business again. You guys have been warned.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I just got taken for $1600 buying a car from a "Sarah" who was using eBay Motors for a more "secure" transaction. We communicated through emails, even received an invoice from eBay Motors with the car, Sarah's name and address. It was all so legit, yet here I am with no car. No responses from either Sarah or eBay Motors, no idea how to report this scam, and out of $1600. Be very careful if you are buying from anyone using eBay Motors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: April 6, 2020

I just got taken by a Rebecca ** for 1000 dollars. We went back and forth email to email. I even got a form from eBay Motors stating that there's a protection plan and everything so I was tricked and I don't think anybody should ever use that eBay motors to buy a vehicle.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Was on Facebook Market Place looking for a good used car. I came across this 99 Jeep Wrangler for $2000. The seller only wanted to be contacted by email. So I contacted the seller to let them know I was interested in buying the Jeep. The seller emailed me back stating eBay Motors will send me an email with the invoice and the shipping company will ship the Jeep to my address within 48hrs. To make a long story short, I did my homework and contacted eBay Motors security line 866-322-9227 and spoke with a live person who explained everything to me about how it was a scam. If you have any doubt at all in regards to a buying a car from eBay motors please call 866-322-9227 and ask questions and make sure you're not being scammed.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I was scammed out of $1000.00. Her "name" is Rachael ** and she was selling a white 2004 Acura TL. I was told to buy eBay cards...which I should've known then. She was acting like she was in the military and she was getting a divorce. Her email is **.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I have been with Ebay since January 1999, and have made over 400 successful transactions, mainly as a buyer. I have never left negative feedback on any seller, even some that truly would have deserved it. That all changed when I completed my biggest purchase ever which was a 15,095.00 car, item ** from seller Michael-s2. The seller wrote in the item description that shipping to NY was 550. After I won the vehicle auction, he verbally told me that my shipping would be 550. When the vehicle arrived at my house, the driver's paperwork required 650 to release my car off the flatbed. I paid the fee and called the seller to advise him of the price discrepancy. He was uncaring, saying that it is not his tow company and they can charge whatever they want.

The problem is that the seller quoted me an exact shipping price, and I bid on the car with the understanding that shipping would be 550. He could have put a disclaimer in the Ebay post stating that the shipping price was subject to change, but he didn't. I bid in good faith that he was being truthful. Without getting a resolution from the seller, I placed my FIRST non-positive feedback on a seller in over 20 years by stating the truth; that his post CLEARLY and DEFINITIVELY stated 550 shipping when it was really 650. I felt it my duty to warn others to this seller's practice.

To my surprise, Ebay removed my neutral feedback within 2 hours of posting, due to sellers request. When I called Ebay for clarification, they stated that the seller claims that he has no control over what the shipper charges, to which I responded, then why in his post does he say "550 to NY" as a fact. And if you check his current car auction items he continues to lie and say that shipping to NY area is 550. We all now know know that that's not true. He has no reason to tell buyers the truth because it is obvious that Ebay removes and prevents HONEST negative feedback on this seller. People bid on items based on the shipping charge and he knows it.

I never would have believed that Ebay would protect a seller that openly and flagrantly lies and continues to lie to buyers. What if the shipper asked me for 2,000.00 when the car was in front of my house? The seller can just say "it's not my problem"? Ebay has a responsibility to hold sellers to the words THEY write in their posting. I was told by the Ebay rep that my neutral feedback would NOT be re-instated, and that I would NOT be allowed to write any further feedback on this seller for this item. Sellers must not be allowed to lie in their post without repercussions. This seller averages over a million dollars in sales per year in which **** gets their commission. It appears to me, that in this case, Ebay is biased in keeping this seller happy at the expense of a truthful review. For 20 years I had thought that Ebay feedback was legitimate and that Ebay was a good steward, but apparently, I have been wrong.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased 4 tires from them, on the specifications they claim it fitted my car. They had the option to ship the tires to the tire shop and pay a extra fee. When the tire shop tried to install the tires they said that the tires were the wrong size. Intermediately I contacted the representative and he said that it was OK to leave the tires in the shop and they would figure it out later. He requested the refund.

After I waited 2 weeks I called again and they said that they wouldn't refund the money because I didn't return the tires. I explained to the representative that I did exactly what the representative asked me to do and when he transferred me to the supervisor he said that he will refund me the money. I waited 2 weeks again. When I called they said they will not refund the money. I spend one hour on the phone. I spoke with Rafy and he said he would refund the money. I waited another ten days and didn't receive the money. When I called again they said they will not refund my money. At this point I don't know what to do.

eBay Motors author review by Tom Rains

Cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles are available on this classic bidding site. You can either bid on a vehicle or, if available, buy at the set price. You can also look at satisfaction ratings to see if a seller has a history of satisfied customers and is legitimate. Daily deals on car parts and other accessories also provide opportunities for savings.

• Bidding process: You can bid on the vehicles on eBay Motors, just like you can on the rest of the eBay site. If you are the highest bidder, the car is yours. Otherwise, keep bidding.

• Vehicles and car parts available: eBay Motors also sells motorcycle, truck and other vehicle parts. Bid and sell on car parts just like you would for any other item on the eBay site.

• Vehicle protection program: eBay Motors can protect purchases of up to $50,000. If you pay for a vehicle but never receive it, or accidentally pay for a stolen vehicle, then the purchase protection will go into effect.

• Available mobile app: A companion mobile app is available for users who want to access eBay Motors from their phone. Here, you can search and bid on cars, just like you can on the website.

• Daily deals on vehicle essentials: eBay Motors has a Daily Deals section where you can browse bargain offerings on car care essentials, accessories and garage or shop equipment.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

eBay Motors Company Information