Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.7/5 (110 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About eBay Motors

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

eBay Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: June 11, 2021

I purchased a car on eBay. It has undisclosed problems that cost $2400 to correct. I filled a warranty claim and I couldn't get a response from the third party insurance. Ultimately they would only tell me verbally that my claim was denied. The insurance is worthless. Last time I will ever buy through eBay Motors.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Their service is terrible and their advertising very misleading. They charge a fee even if you don't sell it or cancel the listing. I also was charged a fee when a vehicle did not sell but someone had mistakenly tagged it as sold, locking my listing. I had to create a new listing, but then they charged me the selling fee for the first listing too! I will never use eBay Motors again!

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I decided to use eBay to sell my vehicle. I took pictures wrote up an ad. Placed my info to pay for the ad. Only to get an email saying my account is suspended. Ad NEVER posted and eBay keeps taking my money! You can FORGET getting a human on the phone because that won’t happen. eBay continues to take $25.00 monthly from my debit card and yet my ad was immediately suspended! How is it that a major company has such an EPIC FAILURE when it comes to customer service and ultimately being accountable for the consumer!! I will NEVER EVER use eBay for any reason even if the account was to be fixed. I have NO IDEA why they would suspend my account. This was my first time attempting to sell on eBay and DEFINITELY MY LAST.

All I want is my money back from them which as of now seems like that’s not gonna happen. Horrible way to do business and the worst part. You can’t speak to a breathing human being! They have answering machines set up that say this number is no longer useful!!! WHAT?? Major corporations get away with things like this and me the consumer has to take it on the chin! This company has definitely CRASHED AND BURNED! I WANT MY MONEY BACK. PAID FOR NOTHING! I would give them 0 stars if I could but they make you choose one.

Resolution response: Feb. 3, 2021

I did receive my full deposit back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I won a no reserve eBay Motors auction (#**) for a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. The eBay Motors seller is a car dealership in Pittsburg called JKMotorcars. My winning bid was $4450.00. After paying the required $1000 deposit within minutes of auction close. I tried contacting the seller via Ebay messaging, a phone call (which was disconnected as soon as I said I won the auction) and text. I was informed by the seller via text they would not honor the no reserve auction price of $4450. They refused to let me pay balance due after deposit and take delivery of the car unless I paid a total sale price of $7200. This is a bait and switch on agreed upon auction price after I paid the deposit of $1000.

Bottom line is that the seller took my $1000 deposit and then refused to sell car unless I paid an additional $2750 over the agreed upon auction price. Seller has not returned the $1000 deposit. I have had to file a Vehicle Purchase Protection claim with eBay Motors to attempt to get my deposit back. Currently out $1000 and hoping my claim is paid to refund the deposit. eBay Motors has no control over the integrity of the vehicle sellers and does not require sellers to honor the auctions they list.

I am a long time eBay user with over 1100 purchase or sale transactions. I have never had an real issue with eBay until I attempted to purchase a car on eBay Motors. Until eBay Motors can better ensure the quality of the sellers on their site I cannot recommend eBay Motors as a place to purchase a car. eBay is great. I only have an issue with eBay Motors automobile sales.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I seen an ad on Facebook Marketplace for a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I messaged the person Carig **, an automated message sent back telling me his aunt was the one selling it and to email her (**). I then decided to email her, she said it was her deceased husband's, and that she was in the military about to be deployed. I didn’t think anything of it, so I proceeded with the transaction. eBay then emailed me how to pay for it, so I went ahead and paid for it. Then they told me the shipping will be starting in a few hours but I need to pay insurance of 1k, so I again went ahead and paid it.

Now today, Dec 5th eBay emailed me saying I need to pay Utah’s custom tax of 1.2k. I then started to question it because I asked them for a refund because I wasn’t willing to pay more money. They continued to tell me It’s in their policy that I couldn’t get a refund until I received the vehicle. So I asked them for a copy of their policy and they haven't emailed me back in the past 5 hrs. I finally decided to look at reviews, which I should’ve done before, and turns out it was a SCAM!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

These crooked department of Ebay charged my credit card doubled of insertion fee. Although called several times and promised it will be credited, they finally forcefully charged me double. Be aware of these online thieves now. I used to trust this company and not anymore....

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I went on offer up to look for a car and the seller only wanted to be contacted via email so I emailed her and she let me know that she was selling the car through eBay Motors for a safe transaction. She blocked me on offer up then she sent me an invoice from eBay motors. The invoice said in order to make the transaction I will need eBay cards so I thought it was a little sketchy because of the payment method other than that it looked legit. So I googled reviews and every review is bad and are going through the same thing I did. And she is scamming them. I'm so grateful I did not send her any money!

She switches the stories and names up but she is scamming people out of their money and using eBay motors. I contacted eBay motors to make sure it was a scam and IT WAS!!! The agent told me to never send money on eBay cards it should be done through PayPal and they should be contacting me directly through eBay not my personal email! I have put the email below that I received from the scammer. I will also try to attach images of the fake invoice! Please be careful and do not fall for this scam. If you receive an email like this forward it to spoof@ebay.com!

Hello,

My name is Vanessa, and I'm emailing you about a 2013 Nissan Altima with an gasoline engine, automatic transmission and only 89,000 mileage. Never had or needed any paint/body work done, the garage kept always, without any mechanical problems, tires and wheels are in great shape as well, electric is working perfectly. The engine 2.5L V6 runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. Has a clean and clear title in my name and there are no liens or loans on it. This car was used by my husband who died 4 month ago. The price was reduced at $1,400 because I'm in a hurry to find a buyer.

I need to sell it before the 5 of next month, when I will be leaving on military duty with my medical team out of the country for a year and do not want to store my car. Hate to sell it but it's not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for a year. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address (city and zip code) and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.

Original review: July 15, 2020

The lady that I am trying to buy the boat through decided to consign the boat to eBay Motors. She gave them all of my information and an invoice was generated. I called in to ebay and the line said it was busy. So I called a few more times and finally got a person to answer. He smartmouthed me about making so many calls in I had made. Being in sales for the 38 years I was a sales person I would never ever talk to a customer like he talked to me. I am still deciding whether or not to buy from ebay motors!!!

Original review: June 27, 2020

June 27, 2020 my son wants to buy Silverado pick up and we saw this car offer up for only 1,200. I ask for that car if it's still available and someone emailed me by the name Elena ** using email account ** and she said it's still available and gave me the linked for ebay motors to deal with that car. She even said that she wants to sell that car because that was his son's car who died from accident.

After a few minutes, they emailed my son and they ask my son to buy ebay gift cards worth 1,200. And another 1,000 for shipping. But after paying it, they are no longer replying to all my messages and email and I check the number she gave to me is different from the number of legit ebay account. The number they are using is **. So pls pls pls. I want this to stop and give warning and precautions to all of you so pls DO NOT BUY ANY OR PAY ANY SINGLE CENTS IF THEY ASK YOU FOR EBAY GIFT CARD. They are all scammer!!!! I check the offerup and I saw they are in a group of scammer using different names. And I'm asking to report it to the police and FBI whoever experienced this. I know in due time, all their evilness will end up.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I agreed to pay Debra ** $600 for a trailer she offered through eBay, and sent eBay the $600, but eBay demanded another $1,000 for "shipping insurance," then, when I paid that, demanded another $1,000 for reasons not given. I sent another $800 before realizing something shady was going on, and demanded shipment of the trailer. I have gotten no responses from eBay since then, on Sunday, May 31, even after daily messages from me about filing a complaint with the BBB and asking the California Attorney General to investigate for possible fraud.

eBay Motors author review by Emma Simon

Cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles are available on this classic bidding site. You can either bid on a vehicle or, if available, buy at the set price. You can also look at satisfaction ratings to see if a seller has a history of satisfied customers and is legitimate. Daily deals on car parts and other accessories also provide opportunities for savings.

• Bidding process: You can bid on the vehicles on eBay Motors, just like you can on the rest of the eBay site. If you are the highest bidder, the car is yours. Otherwise, keep bidding.

• Vehicles and car parts available: eBay Motors also sells motorcycle, truck and other vehicle parts. Bid and sell on car parts just like you would for any other item on the eBay site.

• Vehicle protection program: eBay Motors can protect purchases of up to $50,000. If you pay for a vehicle but never receive it, or accidentally pay for a stolen vehicle, then the purchase protection will go into effect.

• Available mobile app: A companion mobile app is available for users who want to access eBay Motors from their phone. Here, you can search and bid on cars, just like you can on the website.

• Daily deals on vehicle essentials: eBay Motors has a Daily Deals section where you can browse bargain offerings on car care essentials, accessories and garage or shop equipment.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

eBay Motors Company Information