4.0/5 (276 ratings)

About eBay Motors

eBay Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

There's a scam for a 2000 Itasca SunCruiser RV on RV Trader. Looked good so I contacted the seller. Someone got back immediately saying it was their aunt and gave me their email. Emailed some person named Leslie **, a scammer (probably not even real) saying her husband passed away, blah blah blah. Just like some other reviewers here said the same. Told me she "relocated" for her new job far away in MT and wouldn't be there in person - eBay Motors would handle everything. I instantly knew something didn't sound right. Listen y'all, use your intuition, don't ignore it. If something sounds too good to be true it likely is. Don't rush to buy and regret it later!!! Take your time.

Original review: July 9, 2022

I made an eBay account in order to sell my vehicle. I followed the instructions and saved my add. I was then asked to list my add. I did so, with a response that my account was suspended. I tried for 2 days to contact someone, at many different times throughout the day. (during their business hours) Neither online chat or phone would work. After 2 days, I was informed via email that I owed $79 dollars for the add, I paid it and it showed posted on my eBay account the next day. I attempted to list the add, that was saved, and was told my account was suspended. I was finally able to get a hold of some via chat, as the phone option said it was still not available, and they told me my account was suspended. I said for what?

They said I owed $79.00. I said, my account shows it posted and cleared and is at zero balance. Try again eBay. Then they said, it is suspended because of reasons they can't disclose. Keep in mind I have never used this account before, and I am trying to sell my vehicle that is owned, and clear title under my name. I also used their listing software to make the add and pay. I then told them, fine, refund my money. I was told there was no money showing. Now I was no longer happy. I screenshotted my bank account and my eBay account and showed them the 79 dollar payment.

They then said, my account is suspended and that is final. I went through 3 different chat session before I got someone that said they will fill out a refund for me. If I don't see the 79 dollar refund in three days, I am calling a lawyer. I have never used eBay, and after my first attempt, I will be deleting my account and never using them again. Worst company, and hope someone starts a class action, as I will be first in line.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I paid from Hawaii based bank for Hawaii based address and they sent to a 14 yr old address that has been deleted from account for 13yrs. Now eBay refused to help me get my parts and address they say they delivered to is a offsite dump for commercial refuse. So where did he put it if delivered in a dump where it will never be found. I think delivery guy saw mistake and stole package and sold and they are covering up for him. No one just places a packages in a dump and writes it off as delivered.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

I ordered a special kind of soap, I put my order in January, 3rd. So they told me I was going to get the product on January, 27th so I never received my product. The next thing I trying to get my refund back. From eBay and they giving me a difficult time. So the next thing I gonna do is file a complaint against them, number 1, I can't get to a representative so I can discuss with them about my product. And getting my refund back. Early today I spoken to a fake phony representative, and he sounded like a scammer. He didn't sound like he was professional. So he wanted me to do all these things and he started to make me frustrated. Before I hung the phone up on him, I said to him I am going to get my refund back. Then he had the nerve to send me a text message. Using the ** word. Now I said how unprofessional is that. That's how I knew he wasn't a real eBay, agent cause he was using discrepancies.

But when I file a complaint against them. I don't know his name, but I can add his phone number. On file eBay is a terrible online company, I will never refer nobody to them. They are a waste of time. eBay doesn't deliver your product on time. I dealt with them one time. And that'll be my last time dealing with them. EBay is not good and professional, like Amazon. Amazon, is a real good professional. Company all eBay, wants to do is scam people. And take they damn money. I hope and wish eBay, go out of business. Cause it sounds 2 me they are a full of scammers. They can't touch amazon, I will give eBay a one low star. That's all they going to get from me. That company is terrible and a waste of time.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I found a camper for $1400. DEBRA said she lost her husband to a heart attack 2 months prior and moved back to her home town of Minneapolis. She wanted to get rid of it because it made her think of her husband. Ebay Motors sent me a email saying I had to buy gift cards worth 1400.00 and send them. I even called the FAKE number, in which, someone answered. Sounded all legit. I said that I'm not protected if I send gift cards. She said Ebay would honor them and that when I buy them they could start the delivery process. Gift cards to purchase something that big did not make sense to me so I googled eBay motors and found all of these similar reviews. So glad I did. Scam!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Bought a car on eBay. I have sold numerous collector cars worldwide, never an issue. This car was presented as having a rebuilt engine and transmission. After purchase seller (Alex ** aka Alda Logistics) never provide any paperwork as promised. Upon arrival I looked underneath car, was obvious drivetrain never touched. Pulled valve cover, years of sludge. The engine has been rebuilt with a can of spray paint (overspray all over upon inspection). Put on a claim to Ebay VPP. They said engine "damage" was not covered. I tried to say this was not damage, but misrepresentation. They said too bad, they call it damage??? During conversation rep at VPP (represented as an insurance company) told me he called ebay and they said they would not cover, period. This means VPP is not independent as they imply, but literally just another office within Ebay.

To make things worse after I posted negative feedback they removed it. When I contacted them they said they talked to the seller and he told them he had given me a refund. When I told them he had not sent a refund and why would they not ask me first they admitted "mistake" but said once removed they could not repost. Seller is still selling cars on Ebay as clazziccarz and likely misrepresenting the dozen or more cars he currently has listed. Ebay cares more about listing and selling fees than the buyer. NEVER BUY A CAR ON EBAY MOTORS BELIEVING THEY WILL HONOR THE VPP AS THEY PORTRAY IT!!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I purchased a car on eBay. It has undisclosed problems that cost $2400 to correct. I filled a warranty claim and I couldn't get a response from the third party insurance. Ultimately they would only tell me verbally that my claim was denied. The insurance is worthless. Last time I will ever buy through eBay Motors.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Their service is terrible and their advertising very misleading. They charge a fee even if you don't sell it or cancel the listing. I also was charged a fee when a vehicle did not sell but someone had mistakenly tagged it as sold, locking my listing. I had to create a new listing, but then they charged me the selling fee for the first listing too! I will never use eBay Motors again!

Original review: March 15, 2021

I decided to use eBay to sell my vehicle. I took pictures wrote up an ad. Placed my info to pay for the ad. Only to get an email saying my account is suspended. Ad NEVER posted and eBay keeps taking my money! You can FORGET getting a human on the phone because that won’t happen. eBay continues to take $25.00 monthly from my debit card and yet my ad was immediately suspended! How is it that a major company has such an EPIC FAILURE when it comes to customer service and ultimately being accountable for the consumer!! I will NEVER EVER use eBay for any reason even if the account was to be fixed. I have NO IDEA why they would suspend my account. This was my first time attempting to sell on eBay and DEFINITELY MY LAST.

All I want is my money back from them which as of now seems like that’s not gonna happen. Horrible way to do business and the worst part. You can’t speak to a breathing human being! They have answering machines set up that say this number is no longer useful!!! WHAT?? Major corporations get away with things like this and me the consumer has to take it on the chin! This company has definitely CRASHED AND BURNED! I WANT MY MONEY BACK. PAID FOR NOTHING! I would give them 0 stars if I could but they make you choose one.

Resolution response: Feb. 3, 2021

I did receive my full deposit back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I won a no reserve eBay Motors auction (#**) for a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. The eBay Motors seller is a car dealership in Pittsburg called JKMotorcars. My winning bid was $4450.00. After paying the required $1000 deposit within minutes of auction close. I tried contacting the seller via Ebay messaging, a phone call (which was disconnected as soon as I said I won the auction) and text. I was informed by the seller via text they would not honor the no reserve auction price of $4450. They refused to let me pay balance due after deposit and take delivery of the car unless I paid a total sale price of $7200. This is a bait and switch on agreed upon auction price after I paid the deposit of $1000.

Bottom line is that the seller took my $1000 deposit and then refused to sell car unless I paid an additional $2750 over the agreed upon auction price. Seller has not returned the $1000 deposit. I have had to file a Vehicle Purchase Protection claim with eBay Motors to attempt to get my deposit back. Currently out $1000 and hoping my claim is paid to refund the deposit. eBay Motors has no control over the integrity of the vehicle sellers and does not require sellers to honor the auctions they list.

I am a long time eBay user with over 1100 purchase or sale transactions. I have never had an real issue with eBay until I attempted to purchase a car on eBay Motors. Until eBay Motors can better ensure the quality of the sellers on their site I cannot recommend eBay Motors as a place to purchase a car. eBay is great. I only have an issue with eBay Motors automobile sales.

eBay Motors author review by Emma Simon

Cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles are available on this classic bidding site. You can either bid on a vehicle or, if available, buy at the set price. You can also look at satisfaction ratings to see if a seller has a history of satisfied customers and is legitimate. Daily deals on car parts and other accessories also provide opportunities for savings.

• Bidding process: You can bid on the vehicles on eBay Motors, just like you can on the rest of the eBay site. If you are the highest bidder, the car is yours. Otherwise, keep bidding.

• Vehicles and car parts available: eBay Motors also sells motorcycle, truck and other vehicle parts. Bid and sell on car parts just like you would for any other item on the eBay site.

• Vehicle protection program: eBay Motors can protect purchases of up to $50,000. If you pay for a vehicle but never receive it, or accidentally pay for a stolen vehicle, then the purchase protection will go into effect.

• Available mobile app: A companion mobile app is available for users who want to access eBay Motors from their phone. Here, you can search and bid on cars, just like you can on the website.

• Daily deals on vehicle essentials: eBay Motors has a Daily Deals section where you can browse bargain offerings on car care essentials, accessories and garage or shop equipment.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

eBay Motors Company Information