Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.58/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

eBay Motors Reviews

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased a 4 year old trailer for 33,600 through eBay Motors [vehicle purchase protection, up to 100,000]. I met all deadlines, notifications, requirements, criteria. 1.] Hidden damage - the side was covered with diamond plate aluminum [riveted on]. 2.] Body damage - 35 ft trailer - 80% + of driver side has been dented - bent, other pieces was cut off or disguised. 3.] Damage was over 1,000.00 - estimate cost over 17,000.00. Ebay/Aia has now denied claim without a reason. The first 5 reasons they do not reply to when I pointed out that the reasons were in conflict with their vsp reimbursement guidelines. I have already started the legal process. Don't trust the eBay messages "Bid with confidence, eBay has you covered".

Original review: July 31, 2019

Ebay vehicle purchase protection is a lot less protective than you think it is. It is so much so that it is a con job by Ebay. Reasons: 1. Does not cover clutch or torque converter 2. Does not cover even 10 year old cars. 3. Does not cover defects that an inspector would have found. This is one of the biggest cons and frauds going, can costs you 1000s,and causes me to recommend not buying any Ebay car. Obviously I was seriously hurt by this.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I had the fortunate opportunity to have Andy ** as my sales rep when purchasing a vehicle from Hyman wholesales. Andy went above and beyond the call, he was honest, personable and above all else very professional. He worked with me in the purchase stage, travel stage, delivery stage and most important, he was there after the transaction. There were mechanical defects that were unseen at purchase and Andy assisted to get them repaired to my satisfaction, even though he didn’t have to! He is a credit the C L Hyman company and the consummate professional in the auto sales industry. Thanks Andy for all your efforts and assistance!!! The car is running Great!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I contacted eBay prior to purchasing a 5th wheel trailer. They confirmed that I had to purchase, pay deposit before I could obtain seller contact info... but I would be protected by eBay and VPP. I paid the $1000 deposit. Seller has not made the trailer available for inspection, or taken the trailer to a local RV facility for a pre purchase inspection at my expense. Sellers only response is that he will deliver the trailer (site unseen) for $3000. Origin agreement was to have the trailer inspected, that I would pick up in person and pay balance in cash. I opened a case thru eBay. 1 month later the case is finally closed but eBay says I am not entitled to a refund. NEVER again eBay.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased a motor through eBay for my Mini. The seller had listed the motor incorrectly and refused to provide a return ticket. To add insult to injury he was also very harassing via email. I sent him proof that the motor was incorrect and he still refused to provide shipping. eBay determined the motor was listed incorrectly and promised a full refund. I have yet to receive it and it's been a month. eBay tells me that I have to now fight with PayPal but I cannot submit a dispute through PayPal because I did not purchase the item through PayPal. I cannot repair my vehicle because I've not had a refund of my funds.

I even offered to send the motor back when the refund was processed although eBay said I didn't have to and even though this seller was very belligerent. My advice is: Find someone else to purchase your parts through because this company does not stand by their guarantees and warranties. I let him know the day we received it that it was incorrect. I'm still fighting to get someone to adhere to the policy and guarantee that I was provided upon purchase. It has been very difficult being without a car for so long and a very difficult and extremely long process to get this corrected. It may not mean much to eBay and this seller but my car is the only transportation I have for myself and my son.

My hope and prayer is that nothing emergent happens to either one of us or our pets while I'm waiting on this to be resolved because we would be out of luck. I think it's a sad day when large companies do things like this to people - all people. For those of you that read this review, please pray for our family. Being without a vehicle because of this company's refusal to uphold their policies is nerve racking and upsetting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I bought a vehicle and found the seller to be a scammer, did not complete the buy by not paying a Insurance tax they were requiring to ship the vehicle. They requested another $1000.00 to ship when the seller stated they would handle the shipping. Now they will not give me the refund of the money I paid for the vehicle unless I pay the $1000.00. There was no mention of a insurance tax in the original transaction.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Vendor demanded a £200 good faith deposit before viewing a motor home he'd advertised on eBay. It was in very poor condition both internally and externally (dirty and grubby) with very cheap internal fittings and there was clear evidence of water ingress. None of this was mentioned in the eBay entry. When I decided that it just wasn't for me, he refused to return the deposit claiming that he'd taken time off work to show it when he'd fixed both the day and the time of the viewing. When I told him that I wasn't interested, he claimed that he had loads of people queuing up for it yet withdrew it from sale on the same day. I reported this to eBay who took no action on their client and didn't even acknowledge my complaint. There was no mention either that the deposit was non-refundable in the event of a no sale. I have no idea how many others from whom he may have taken a deposit.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Hi, I have received your email regarding the 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 98,400 miles. The car is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the car is $1,000 (including delivery and handling to your address). I'm selling this car because my child of only 26 years died 2 months ago in a bike accident, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay's Buyer Protection Program, so if you're interested in purchasing the car just reply me your full name, full address and phone number, so I can notify eBay. Once that is done, they will contact you in the next 24 hours to explain the entire procedure. God Bless you and your family.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Yesterday, I purchased a 1994 Fleetwood motorhome here on eBay, paid IN FULL on eBay cards in the amount of the purchase price, $1200. In the initial email from eBay, it said there would be NO HIDDEN FEES, PERIOD, FREE DELIVERY, PERIOD. Today, I got a message from eBay saying that they won't ship the motor home I already paid for in full, without the seller and I each putting up another $1000/each for a total of $2000, to insure the motorhome during a 7 day inspection period that I don't need and didn't ask for.

That's right, MORE THAN THE PURCHASE PRICE, TO SUPPOSEDLY INSURE THE PURCHASE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN PAID. eBay is holding my property hostage. I paid for it, they have no right to refuse delivery because they want a ransom for some bs insurance fee that was **not disclosed** prior to the purchase, or I wouldn't have bought it. This is shady. This is a scam. This is bad business. No, that's the understatement of the year.

This is ***horrible*** business, to hold property hostage when it has been paid for in full, over a bs insurance fee that no real insurance company would ever ask for, that was never disclosed prior to sale, from a company, eBay that promised. "No hidden fees". ** you, eBay. You just lost a customer, and will gain a lawsuit if you don't deliver my ** property that I paid for, because what you are doing is legally termed THEFT and it's against the law, you unethical imbeciles.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Bought an SUV. The seller is paying for the shipping and all I pay for is the SUV send the gift card numbers like they ask and then they are asking for more money for insurance. I talk to eBay headquarters and they told me not to give them any more money. They are looking into it. Headquarters said that I should have got emails through my eBay account but all I got them through was my personal email account.

eBay Motors expert review by Tom Rains

Cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles are available on this classic bidding site. You can either bid on a vehicle or, if available, buy at the set price. You can also look at satisfaction ratings to see if a seller has a history of satisfied customers and is legitimate. Daily deals on car parts and other accessories also provide opportunities for savings.

• Bidding process: You can bid on the vehicles on eBay Motors, just like you can on the rest of the eBay site. If you are the highest bidder, the car is yours. Otherwise, keep bidding.

• Vehicles and car parts available: eBay Motors also sells motorcycle, truck and other vehicle parts. Bid and sell on car parts just like you would for any other item on the eBay site.

• Vehicle protection program: eBay Motors can protect purchases of up to $50,000. If you pay for a vehicle but never receive it, or accidentally pay for a stolen vehicle, then the purchase protection will go into effect.

• Available mobile app: A companion mobile app is available for users who want to access eBay Motors from their phone. Here, you can search and bid on cars, just like you can on the website.

• Daily deals on vehicle essentials: eBay Motors has a Daily Deals section where you can browse bargain offerings on car care essentials, accessories and garage or shop equipment.

Profile picture of Tom Rains
Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

eBay Motors Company Information