Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

3.8/5 (148 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About eBay Motors

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

eBay Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay Motors?

Original review: May 27, 2020

I pay for a boat and never received it. I paid 2500 and it was a scam. Have not heard for the people for four days now after I paid. They said it would be here in twelve hours. It the longest 12 hours. I don't recommend eBay Motor to no one. It is a rip off site and eBay should do something cause it's ruining the eBay name.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Don't buy eBay gift cards and pay for the car that way. That's how they got me for $800 bucks, I wouldn't recommend using the internet. Way too many ways to get your money and disappear. I bought 2 $400 Ebay cards and they haven't responded. And I used to use Ebay to sell products too. Never again though. Even wrote them with no response. I'm super disappointed in Ebay and they'll never see my business again. You guys have been warned.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I just got taken for $1600 buying a car from a "Sarah" who was using eBay Motors for a more "secure" transaction. We communicated through emails, even received an invoice from eBay Motors with the car, Sarah's name and address. It was all so legit, yet here I am with no car. No responses from either Sarah or eBay Motors, no idea how to report this scam, and out of $1600. Be very careful if you are buying from anyone using eBay Motors.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I just got taken by a Rebecca ** for 1000 dollars. We went back and forth email to email. I even got a form from eBay Motors stating that there's a protection plan and everything so I was tricked and I don't think anybody should ever use that eBay motors to buy a vehicle.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Was on Facebook Market Place looking for a good used car. I came across this 99 Jeep Wrangler for $2000. The seller only wanted to be contacted by email. So I contacted the seller to let them know I was interested in buying the Jeep. The seller emailed me back stating eBay Motors will send me an email with the invoice and the shipping company will ship the Jeep to my address within 48hrs. To make a long story short, I did my homework and contacted eBay Motors security line 866-322-9227 and spoke with a live person who explained everything to me about how it was a scam. If you have any doubt at all in regards to a buying a car from eBay motors please call 866-322-9227 and ask questions and make sure you're not being scammed.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I was scammed out of $1000.00. Her "name" is Rachael ** and she was selling a white 2004 Acura TL. I was told to buy eBay cards...which I should've known then. She was acting like she was in the military and she was getting a divorce. Her email is **.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I have been with Ebay since January 1999, and have made over 400 successful transactions, mainly as a buyer. I have never left negative feedback on any seller, even some that truly would have deserved it. That all changed when I completed my biggest purchase ever which was a 15,095.00 car, item ** from seller Michael-s2. The seller wrote in the item description that shipping to NY was 550. After I won the vehicle auction, he verbally told me that my shipping would be 550. When the vehicle arrived at my house, the driver's paperwork required 650 to release my car off the flatbed. I paid the fee and called the seller to advise him of the price discrepancy. He was uncaring, saying that it is not his tow company and they can charge whatever they want.

The problem is that the seller quoted me an exact shipping price, and I bid on the car with the understanding that shipping would be 550. He could have put a disclaimer in the Ebay post stating that the shipping price was subject to change, but he didn't. I bid in good faith that he was being truthful. Without getting a resolution from the seller, I placed my FIRST non-positive feedback on a seller in over 20 years by stating the truth; that his post CLEARLY and DEFINITIVELY stated 550 shipping when it was really 650. I felt it my duty to warn others to this seller's practice.

To my surprise, Ebay removed my neutral feedback within 2 hours of posting, due to sellers request. When I called Ebay for clarification, they stated that the seller claims that he has no control over what the shipper charges, to which I responded, then why in his post does he say "550 to NY" as a fact. And if you check his current car auction items he continues to lie and say that shipping to NY area is 550. We all now know know that that's not true. He has no reason to tell buyers the truth because it is obvious that Ebay removes and prevents HONEST negative feedback on this seller. People bid on items based on the shipping charge and he knows it.

I never would have believed that Ebay would protect a seller that openly and flagrantly lies and continues to lie to buyers. What if the shipper asked me for 2,000.00 when the car was in front of my house? The seller can just say "it's not my problem"? Ebay has a responsibility to hold sellers to the words THEY write in their posting. I was told by the Ebay rep that my neutral feedback would NOT be re-instated, and that I would NOT be allowed to write any further feedback on this seller for this item. Sellers must not be allowed to lie in their post without repercussions. This seller averages over a million dollars in sales per year in which **** gets their commission. It appears to me, that in this case, Ebay is biased in keeping this seller happy at the expense of a truthful review. For 20 years I had thought that Ebay feedback was legitimate and that Ebay was a good steward, but apparently, I have been wrong.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I purchased 4 tires from them, on the specifications they claim it fitted my car. They had the option to ship the tires to the tire shop and pay a extra fee. When the tire shop tried to install the tires they said that the tires were the wrong size. Intermediately I contacted the representative and he said that it was OK to leave the tires in the shop and they would figure it out later. He requested the refund.

After I waited 2 weeks I called again and they said that they wouldn't refund the money because I didn't return the tires. I explained to the representative that I did exactly what the representative asked me to do and when he transferred me to the supervisor he said that he will refund me the money. I waited 2 weeks again. When I called they said they will not refund the money. I spend one hour on the phone. I spoke with Rafy and he said he would refund the money. I waited another ten days and didn't receive the money. When I called again they said they will not refund my money. At this point I don't know what to do.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I bought a car thru eBay Motors. The ad the seller said the car was mechanically perfect, NEEDED NOTHING. To make sure in email I asked several questions about leaks and missing buttons. Seller Cezus1973 stated no leaks, no missing buttons, car had no mechanical issues, only minor cosmetic which was fine. I contacted ebay motors and they stated if the seller misrepresented the vehicle I’d be covered so I bought it. It was delivered from Cali to Louisiana. Upon delivery the car would not start. Apparently the seller cezus1973 had used a bank envelope to keep the glove box closed during the pics, which fell and the light stayed on killing the battery.

The hardtop would not working. Apparently the seller had pulled wires in the trunk to make the top work temp for the pics and video. The pump is leaking. The power locks do not work. The fob won’t lock or unlock the doors. The trunk will only open with the key. All these are mechanical issues. Even an idiot knows this. eBay motors allows the seller to lie and misrepresent the vehicle to sell it. They need to be held liable. eBay lets the sellers lie lie lie and screw over buyers. I will never buy from ebay motors. They really need to be investigated for ethical violations and allowing sellers to lie and misrepresent and sell vehicles they know have issues. Ebay is worst than the seller in a way because they have zero standards.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Ebay has removed my negative feedback to the seller without contacting me, the buyer. I purchased a vehicle from eBay seller rebuiltcars0199 who claimed in the description that it was a nice car, had been rebuilt and nice. I purchased based on 100% positive feedback believing that they must be honest on the description. Upon arrival a tire was hanging off the rim, blower motor for heat and a/c was inoperable, cracked taillight, blown transmission. (I have spent $2800 on transmission alone so far.) First time taking through a carwash the fender flare (that they "fixed") flew off. Every engine pulley and tensioners were squealing and had to be replaced.

The seller offered me a very small "partial refund" until the got ebay to remove my negative feedback, then they had no reason to send the partial refund and did not. DO NOT TRUST ebay sellers based on their positive feedback because EBAY can and will remove negative feedback without hesitation for the sellers. So rebuiltcars0199 from Florida, an auto seller on Ebay still has 100% positive feedback because they remove buyers like me's honest negative feedback. I, like possibly many others have to find other avenues to report sellers like this. Ebay refused to keep my feedback up. Rebuiltcars0199 calls themselves Allstate in Miami Florida but is not allstate body shop.

eBay Motors Company Information