Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.89/5

Dodge Trucks

The Dodge Truck line includes full-size pickup trucks, full-size vans and commercial vehicles. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

47 Dodge Trucks Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Updated on 01/14/2019: The worst truck ever saga continues. Since picking up my truck after 14,000 in damages, almost 3 months in the shop, my truck still jumps from park into drive while running, and the dashboard lights up and the speedometer needle jumps to 10 mph with the engine off and the key out of the ignition. I am at 29,000 miles and according to my insurance company and two dealers that I’ve spoken with, I am stuck with this truck. Oh, of course the dealers would love to sell me another new truck with no deals or incentives. Way to go Mopar!! Another non-satisfied customer!!!

Original Review: I will try to keep this as brief as possible. Bought the truck new in 2017. July of 2018 received recall for auto park. Previously I had no issues. After I took the truck in, nothing but problems with the auto park. Either the truck won’t go into gear or it will jump from park into drive. In October 2018 my wife was sitting in the truck with engine running and in park and it jumped into drive and drove her into a pond. After 700.00 in towing, almost 14,000 in repairs, 2 1/2 months of being in the shop and I just picked up the truck December 27, and the truck still jumps into drive from park! Anyone heard of any lawsuits concerning this issue? We have contacted the NHSB and we encourage you to do the same!!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I just wanted to report to you my concern about having an interior electrical wire fire in my Truck. It’s a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd sport truck. I had an electrical fire on Wednesday March 21, 2018 @ 9:00 am. I just went out of my truck because we were going to the market me and my long time girlfriend. I went to start my truck and light gray turn into dark gray smoke came out of my steering wheel. I immediately told Susan to get out of the truck. I then turn off the truck and it was still running with no key in the ignition. I then open the hood up and disconnected the positive battery cable the truck turned off.

The smoke still was coming out of the steering wheel center part and inside the cab and under the hood as well. At this time I had no blinkers, horn, windshield wipers, odometer display either. I was able to fix the odometer display by replacing a 20 amp fuse. My odometer display was reading no fuse. I then took my truck into the dealer in Florida. Bill Bryan Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer. I'm getting an attorney.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2018

My 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 was parked in the street after a 5 mile round trip and caught fire. Insurance paid for it but there seem to be many Dodge Ram's catching fire for no apparent reason. There is an attorney involved at the CarGurus Dodge Ram forum.

Original review: March 5, 2018

On Valentine's Day, 2018, I heard my Ram 3500 diesel attempting to start. It was unoccupied and there was no key in the truck. I went outside, the truck's horn was blaring, the lights were on, the doors locked themselves and there was smoke coming from under the hood. I unlocked the doors manually, opened the hood and used a fire extinguisher to quell the smoke. I then disconnected both batteries and had it towed to a dealership. It is now March 5th, 19 days since the incident. The truck is still being repaired and the estimate, so far, is $4,600. I had to leave my spring training job, lost my payment to an r.v. park and spent 3 days in a motel at $267. This is not an isolated incident. Many Total Integrated Power Modules have failed on Dodge vehicles. Mine is not the only one that has had the exact symptoms. Ram is ignoring the issue and denies any culpability.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

It was 32 deg Celsius and went to open the truck (2017 2500 Ram). Fob failed to work. Tried key to open the door and alarms went off. Pressed brake and tried to start truck with no avail. Some suggested to open door with electric button on door handle and it did not work. Annoying truck alarm continued till it timed out, tried a second time and same issue. No start and alarm. Walked into town and replaced battery in fob and truck started. No indication of a low battery. My tv remote will tell you it is low. I consider this a serious safety concern if I was out in the mountains fishing or hunting and no way to start the truck because of a 3v battery. My life or sons could be in danger walking out for miles with no cell coverage. Dodge must have a safety feature so a person can start a vehicle without needing a fob. I await a response. Truck had been excellent except for this concern.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Trucks?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased new two 3500 Diesel. One 2004 the other 2007. They both have had major issues with the front end. The infamous "Death Wobble" on both trucks began occurring around 40K. The 2007 was my wife's until it started the wobble. The drag link in the '07 broke clean on two different occasions. The first time was the night of my first child's wedding night. Went to back the truck up so we could load gifts and heard a loud "Bang". The drag link sheared at the threads. I purchased a new link from NAPA and paid for their most heavy duty, lifetime warranty. Took the truck to an alignment shop and had it aligned and inspected (Ball joints, u-joints, etc.).

A month later while driving at 80 mph on the Interstate I crossed over a bridge with a slight bump and the truck began wobbling and then "bang!!". Wobbling stopped but I knew what had happened and coasted to the emergency lane applying the emergency (rear) brakes. When the truck was almost at a stop I pressed on the front brakes and the truck skidded. I got out and the driver side wheel was 90 degrees pointing out. The irony is I was on my way to a local dealer for a recall on the front ball joint. I had the truck towed to the dealer. They inspected the Ball Joint, said it was fine and then gave me a 6 line item list on what was wrong and needed to be fixed. $5500.00 estimate. I told the service writer to leave the truck alone and I would have it towed to a service facility that I trust. I replaced the Drag Link again, took the pile of ** to have it aligned again.

The alignment owner told me to replace the front stabilizer shock and use Monroe brand instead of the "Super Heavy Duty" rock-n roll brands.They had had the best luck with Monroe. For the next three years I could only drive safely at top speed of 60 mph if I wanted to avoid the "Death Wobble" and possibly break another link. I will not let anyone else drive the thing for their safety. I put a more heavy duty tracking bar and an aftermarket stabilizer bracket on it. Still could only go 60 mph and feel safe.

A few months ago I replaced the front hub assemblies and U-Joints.By doing so the truck feels like it did when I purchased it new. Now I can go 80 mph plus and feel safe. Regarding the '04, the front stabilizer tie rod broke and the truck doesn't "Death Wobble" any longer. I'm tempted to leave the thing broken. Once a Dodge... Always a Dodge. I'll never buy Dodge again. Most DANGEROUS vehicles I've ever owned!!! I'm thinking the new Nissan with Cummins and Allison Tranny looks Real Good.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

The last 2 Dodge pick up I have bought both had electrical problems. And I spent hundreds of dollars trying to get them fixed. I've always loved dodge, but will go to Chevy or ford for my next and last vehicle, as I'm 62 and need a dependable vehicle.

Original review: May 8, 2016

My 1500 is only 1 year old and has 26K miles on it. Recently my brakes began squeaking at low speed when applied. Was informed I need to machine my rotors, $250. Rotors only have a 1 year or 12K mile warranty. Rotors cannot handle daily rush hour commute. It's a truck and it can't handle daily rush hour traffic??? I don't even tow anything. Overall, I love my truck. Called customer service twice and they were clueless to assist me. 3 different dealers service department have informed me this is common due to the nickel content in the rotors. The rotors in stop and go traffic are overheating and becoming pitted which is causing the squeak when braking.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I purchased my Rubicon in March 2014, spent $61 000.00 and was incredibly excited. By November of 2014, I was already having balance issues and a ridiculous speed wobble. Took it in to two different locations in Edmonton and they told me it was fine and nothing was wrong. March 2015, I couldn't drive my jeep any longer. The wobble was so bad I couldn't hold on to the steering wheel and wasn't able to control it.

I take it back to Dodge and they told me they're surprised it hasn't fallen apart. All 4 Fox shocks had to be replaced (only highway driven and 40 000 on) away bar and track bars as well. Then they told me this was REGULAR maintenance. Are you kidding me? It was in the shop for 3 months because they kept ordering the wrong parts. When I got it back they had some reason messed with the steering and the steering wheel was on crooked... Then they told me it wasn't them who did that... They were the last knee to touch my jeep and the steering was fine prior.

Now I just took it back today as the abs and traction control lights were on. They told me my brake line was close to breaking so to be "careful" driving until they could order me one, and that my sensors were gone in my front end. $600 later for labour... I pay and drive away. I make it 1 km down the service road and am driving about 30 km an hour and my abs light starts flashing off and on and my entire jeep locks up and I stop in the middle of the road. This ends my story because I turned around and took it right back, furious!!! They don't know what's wrong with it now and I ended up leaving it there. This Jeep is going to suck all my money dry. Worst decision ever to buy this thing and I barely even drive it!

Original review: March 31, 2016

I need a diagnostics test to see why the RPMS escalate while sitting still and in drive, accelerating to about 7/8 RPMS,while not going nowhere. It's been doing this for about 2 1/2 yrs and all they can tell me is, cannot diagnose the problem if it doesn't register on the diagnostic tester. They want me to pay my deductible on my insurance, I'm not doing it. They should find out what's wrong with it at their expense since it's been happening at about 20,000 miles. And they will not pay for a loan car while it's being looked at. Lord help me if it shoots me out into traffic.

Dodge Trucks Company Information