1.74/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Dodge Trucks

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 4, 2017

43 Dodge Trucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

It was 32 deg Celsius and went to open the truck (2017 2500 Ram). Fob failed to work. Tried key to open the door and alarms went off. Pressed brake and tried to start truck with no avail. Some suggested to open door with electric button on door handle and it did not work. Annoying truck alarm continued till it timed out, tried a second time and same issue. No start and alarm. Walked into town and replaced battery in fob and truck started. No indication of a low battery. My tv remote will tell you it is low. I consider this a serious safety concern if I was out in the mountains fishing or hunting and no way to start the truck because of a 3v battery. My life or sons could be in danger walking out for miles with no cell coverage. Dodge must have a safety feature so a person can start a vehicle without needing a fob. I await a response. Truck had been excellent except for this concern.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased new two 3500 Diesel. One 2004 the other 2007. They both have had major issues with the front end. The infamous "Death Wobble" on both trucks began occurring around 40K. The 2007 was my wife's until it started the wobble. The drag link in the '07 broke clean on two different occasions. The first time was the night of my first child's wedding night. Went to back the truck up so we could load gifts and heard a loud "Bang". The drag link sheared at the threads. I purchased a new link from NAPA and paid for their most heavy duty, lifetime warranty. Took the truck to an alignment shop and had it aligned and inspected (Ball joints, u-joints, etc.).

A month later while driving at 80 mph on the Interstate I crossed over a bridge with a slight bump and the truck began wobbling and then "bang!!". Wobbling stopped but I knew what had happened and coasted to the emergency lane applying the emergency (rear) brakes. When the truck was almost at a stop I pressed on the front brakes and the truck skidded. I got out and the driver side wheel was 90 degrees pointing out. The irony is I was on my way to a local dealer for a recall on the front ball joint. I had the truck towed to the dealer. They inspected the Ball Joint, said it was fine and then gave me a 6 line item list on what was wrong and needed to be fixed. $5500.00 estimate. I told the service writer to leave the truck alone and I would have it towed to a service facility that I trust. I replaced the Drag Link again, took the pile of ** to have it aligned again.

The alignment owner told me to replace the front stabilizer shock and use Monroe brand instead of the "Super Heavy Duty" rock-n roll brands.They had had the best luck with Monroe. For the next three years I could only drive safely at top speed of 60 mph if I wanted to avoid the "Death Wobble" and possibly break another link. I will not let anyone else drive the thing for their safety. I put a more heavy duty tracking bar and an aftermarket stabilizer bracket on it. Still could only go 60 mph and feel safe.

A few months ago I replaced the front hub assemblies and U-Joints.By doing so the truck feels like it did when I purchased it new. Now I can go 80 mph plus and feel safe. Regarding the '04, the front stabilizer tie rod broke and the truck doesn't "Death Wobble" any longer. I'm tempted to leave the thing broken. Once a Dodge... Always a Dodge. I'll never buy Dodge again. Most DANGEROUS vehicles I've ever owned!!! I'm thinking the new Nissan with Cummins and Allison Tranny looks Real Good.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

The last 2 Dodge pick up I have bought both had electrical problems. And I spent hundreds of dollars trying to get them fixed. I've always loved dodge, but will go to Chevy or ford for my next and last vehicle, as I'm 62 and need a dependable vehicle.

Original review: May 8, 2016

My 1500 is only 1 year old and has 26K miles on it. Recently my brakes began squeaking at low speed when applied. Was informed I need to machine my rotors, $250. Rotors only have a 1 year or 12K mile warranty. Rotors cannot handle daily rush hour commute. It's a truck and it can't handle daily rush hour traffic??? I don't even tow anything. Overall, I love my truck. Called customer service twice and they were clueless to assist me. 3 different dealers service department have informed me this is common due to the nickel content in the rotors. The rotors in stop and go traffic are overheating and becoming pitted which is causing the squeak when braking.

Original review: April 16, 2016

I purchased my Rubicon in March 2014, spent $61 000.00 and was incredibly excited. By November of 2014, I was already having balance issues and a ridiculous speed wobble. Took it in to two different locations in Edmonton and they told me it was fine and nothing was wrong. March 2015, I couldn't drive my jeep any longer. The wobble was so bad I couldn't hold on to the steering wheel and wasn't able to control it.

I take it back to Dodge and they told me they're surprised it hasn't fallen apart. All 4 Fox shocks had to be replaced (only highway driven and 40 000 on) away bar and track bars as well. Then they told me this was REGULAR maintenance. Are you kidding me? It was in the shop for 3 months because they kept ordering the wrong parts. When I got it back they had some reason messed with the steering and the steering wheel was on crooked... Then they told me it wasn't them who did that... They were the last knee to touch my jeep and the steering was fine prior.

Now I just took it back today as the abs and traction control lights were on. They told me my brake line was close to breaking so to be "careful" driving until they could order me one, and that my sensors were gone in my front end. $600 later for labour... I pay and drive away. I make it 1 km down the service road and am driving about 30 km an hour and my abs light starts flashing off and on and my entire jeep locks up and I stop in the middle of the road. This ends my story because I turned around and took it right back, furious!!! They don't know what's wrong with it now and I ended up leaving it there. This Jeep is going to suck all my money dry. Worst decision ever to buy this thing and I barely even drive it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge?

Original review: March 31, 2016

I need a diagnostics test to see why the RPMS escalate while sitting still and in drive, accelerating to about 7/8 RPMS,while not going nowhere. It's been doing this for about 2 1/2 yrs and all they can tell me is, cannot diagnose the problem if it doesn't register on the diagnostic tester. They want me to pay my deductible on my insurance, I'm not doing it. They should find out what's wrong with it at their expense since it's been happening at about 20,000 miles. And they will not pay for a loan car while it's being looked at. Lord help me if it shoots me out into traffic.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2016

I have already stated before about our exhaust filter issues (PDF). That's been a journey. The truck still does not regenerate. Now, I wanted to note how dirty Chrysler plays their role. We were in a gravel drive to discover we needed our 4 wheel drive because they had some good gravel in drive. For us to discover the transfer case was out. Our 2015 5500 truck stayed in the shop for 31 days. I asked for a little help on downtime and Chrysler fights that they even go into my fb page to copy pics and any sayings I had posted to go up against me. Ok, now, we're dealing with a shortage in the truck. And also at night LOTS of dampness and moisture gets in the truck. Our things inside even gets wet. We get sick.

If you purchase a Dodge vehicle you are stuck with all issues. We never was offered extended warranty. I realize that and Chrysler turned us down. Said it was too late cause we had 65,000 miles on it. You know why they denied extended warranty? Because they know they sold us a lemon. And must I add... They go out of no way to make anything right. We also had problems with the hogshead leaking. That put us out of work for a while also. The transfer case was not replaced the front end. They just replaced gears. Which means later, all the metal that was grinder is going to cause more problems.

Original review: March 17, 2015

The truck will not properly shift to 6th gear. Upon a visit to dealer, I was told it was ok, but there was no change in its performance. Then a second trip was made to the dealer who again said that there was no problem. I then found a different dealer and was again told transmission was ok. It was not, so I returned to first dealer and had transmission mechanic take ride with me. He saw problem but did not know how to repair it. He told me he would contact Detroit. That was March 06, 2015. I feel as if I'm being blown off. The problem is real and must be addressed in an honest way.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2015

I have this car Dodge Dart SXT 2014 new and I have problems with idle, transmission shifting bad, front suspension noise and steering noise in cold temperature. I take my car to the dealer more than 3 times and they do nothing to fix the problems of my car. I am tired of the excuses of Dodge dealers. I want this problem fix.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

The truck is great but we can't seem to solve the problem of the radio. We were without the truck for three days. The radio problem was supposedly fixed by giving us a new radio. 50 miles later we are experiencing the exact same problem! HELP!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

On December 31, 2012, I purchased a 2013 Dodge Dart at the Dodge Dealership in Marlow Heights, MD. Two months after having the vehicle, I began to have electrical problems where the left turn signal would not work. I took it to the dealership three times and they could not get it to work so I was offered to purchase a new Dodge Dart in May of 2013, and the Dodge dealership paid off the first vehicle. Well, it has been a little over a year and I have begun to have problems and I am afraid to even drive the vehicle now for safety reasons.

In June of 2014, my vehicle would not start. I had to get a jump and from that time, I needed a jump every time I started the vehicle. I took it to the dealership and they worked on the vehicle for about a week. In mid-July of 2014, I took my car on a road trip and while out of state, my car would not start again and this is after I was told I received a brand new battery. I was afraid that I would not make it home and had to get a jump from a stranger while out of town just to make it home. Now, every time I want to head out, I am afraid that my car will not start and I just don't feel safe. I can be out in the evening and not be able to make it home; I should not feel this way having a one-year old vehicle.

A few days later, the entire car reset on its own as well, all the radio stations that were pre-set were set back to factory as well as the clock; I am sure this is not normal. I took the vehicle to the dealership and they worked on it for four days and said they could not find anything wrong with my vehicle and sent me home with another problem: a damaged vehicle frame, bent rocker panel and the paint is now chipping. I have spoken with the customer service multiple times about many of these issues and I don't think they are listening.

I work full-time so I cannot drive back and forth to the dealership; I cannot afford to continue to take off or be tardy for work. Today, August 4, 2014, I took the vehicle into the service center at the dealership because I have the day off. They refused to work on my vehicle without charging me stating that I could have ran over a pot-hole, I explained there's no pot-hole that I know of that I could have run over that will cause the frame of my car to point outwards.

Overall, I am now stuck with a vehicle that I do not feel safe driving because I never know if it will start or when the next problem when arise and as a customer of Dodge, I do not feel respected as they damaged my vehicle and have not offered to even fix it even though they damaged it. I do not want another Dodge Dart as I feel unsafe and it should be re-called.

Original review: July 29, 2014

My husband and I co-signed a new vehicle loan for our son, Shawn **. He purchased a 2014 Dodge Dart from Towbin Dodge in Henderson, Nevada. He 2/15/2014, the car has been pretty good, however the air conditioner went out on it in May 2014. He had purchased every optional package of protection for this car that was available taking it from $24,855.00 to final cost of $30,424.38 not including the interest that will be paid by the time the loan is final and paid off. However after the kids fought with Dodge here in Kingman, AZ and got nowhere, I called Towbin Dodge and explained what was going with the car and that our local dealer doesn't want to mess with it, would rather just shovel crap at the kids. So they took the car and dropped it off at Towbin Dodge... Today Towbin called Shawn and advised that his car was going to cost $700.00 to fix the air conditioner.

They advised him the air condenser unit was bad, as well that it was due to a rock? I find this ridiculous, the condenser unit is located in a very well let's say hard to hit with a rock if you were aiming. The car was only 3 - 3 1/2 months old. If a rock really did fly up from underneath, find its way around the radiator through the spinning fan blades, back around the water pump and back upward flying into the condenser... I would have thought something else would have been damaged along the way.

Relative to this subject, if a rock from a road can so easily make its way past the lower protection plates, and above stated scenario wouldn't this be a problem for all Dodge Darts? I don't believe that this is this case. I believe the dealerships are not wanting to take care of this matter. They treat the kids just like kids and shoveled crap at them today. I was unable to attend due to work. I just don't buy it! Please help me or point me in a direction to get this taken care of without the flimsy reason that they gave and giving no other options but give us money. Optional Packages purchased with car: Oil Changes, Lifetime VSC, Polysteel, Red Alert, Ultimate. Thank you for your time, I sincerely hope you can head me in the right direction.

Original review: July 4, 2014

I bought the truck in May of last year with only 18000 miles on it. I changed the oil as soon as I bought it (DelVac Mobil 1, 15-40wt syn). Abt 3000 miles later I got the change oil soon message. So I changed it. Another 3000 mile goes by and I got the same message again, but this time I called my local Dodge Ram dealer (Huntington Beach). They told me that the 7500 mile oil change interval is just an approximation. I also noticed that when I drained the oil (into a 5 gal bucket) I noticed the oil level was abt an inch and a half from the top. The dip stick is hard to see if the oil level is higher than it should be. So I took notice to that, so now after another 3000 miles I took an oil sample via Quinn Cat. and it came back with low oil viscosity with an 8.5% of fuel in the oil.

I've tried to get help via my local Dodge dealership and all I got was "No engine light, then we can't do anything." I don’t feel that any of what I've explained is normal. Is there anything you can do to help. Well I got my truck back from Dodge and they told me that 8.5% fuel dilution is? Normal? I can't believe that. They also said that they did a comprehensive injector test. The only thing that I saw in the paperwork that they gave me was that the tech pulled the valve cover and looked at the injectors and stated he didn't see any leaks. Also the tech smelled in the engine, and it didn't smell of fuel. That, is as far as I can see is their BIG test.

Anyway, my VIN is **. My oil change intervals are May 25, 2013, 18700 miles (That’s when I bought the truck), Aug 24, 2013, 22176 miles, Nov 17, 2013, 26659 miles (This is when I pulled over 4 1/2 gallons of oil/fuel mix out of the engine), Jan 21, 2014, 29732 miles (This is when I took the oil sample). Changed oil Mar 24, 2014, 32980 (Oil Sample 9% rule in oil), April 27, 2014 (Oil sample no results yet). Now, I'm not the smartest cookie on the planet, but if I get 8.5% & 9% of fuel in the oil at only 3073 mile between oil changes, something is wrong (In my Opinion). Thanks for your time. VIN: **, Mileage: 35281, Servicing Dealer: Huntington Beach Dodge.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2014

I happen to recommend Dodge trucks. Yes they have a power steering problem based on the tires being too big for the system installed. I own an 03 ram 4x4. In '04 I had steering problems, I bought a custom rack and pinion for 300 bucks, new greasable ball joints (the originals go dry and hard on steering) and the tallest narrow tires I could find. Along with a 35 dollar steering pump from jegs 4x4 so in total about 500 bucks. It's now 2014 and my Ram is still proving why I have nothing but Dodge trucks for the last 20 years. Every truck has it habitual problems (Chevy trans), Ford rear ends blown, Toyota body and frame rusting early. But if you own a truck and your dealer can't fix it, you need a new dealer!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2014

Purchased a used Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with Hemi 3 months ago...191,000 miles. Nice truck, had a mechanic look at it. The Spark Plug coil pack melted on Sunday. Replaced it along with a fuse. This morning (Thursday), same coil pack did the same thing. Anyone know of issues regarding this? Called Dodge, they told me no recalls. The Dodge Ram is supposed to be a superior truck, but I've had it for 3 months and it's been in the shop 4 times! I had a Honda Accord for 5 years that was in the shop only 4 times in 5 years. Help!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2013

Car stopped running at 65 miles an hour. Engine seized due to slushy oil from over heating. Called dodge since I read a lot of complaints of this on the internet. Nothing was done.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2013

Bought a 2013 Dodge 2500 1000 miles check engines by came on. Then a window popped up. Said memory system not available. Not in park. Now can't use navigation system. Lights flashing across screen. Paid air of money for this truck. From what I see nothing ever gets done from Dodge. I want an answer. I do not want to be ignored. Thank you.

Original review: July 2, 2013

A week ago, on June 25, 2013, I arrived home at 4 pm and left with a friend and was notified by my neighbor at 6:30 pm that my truck which had been parked since 4 pm was fully engulfed in flames. He held water from the garden hose on it until the VFD arrived to extinguish what was left. The end result is that from the cab forward, it is totally burned to the ground. With only liability insurance on it, it's a total loss with no idea how it caught on fire. The point of origin looks to be from the driver's side fender well area under the hood. I've heard numerous rumors of the fuse boxes shorting out, and/or the avs shorting out causing the fire.

Thus far, I've not seen or heard of any recall from Dodge. Can anyone guide me to the correct direction for restitution for my truck that was in great condition with many more miles of dependability left in it or so I thought? Is Dodge going to stand behind their product that has been proven by other owners to have this problem and make good for it? Or just keep taking our money for vehicles with a lifespan of maybe lasting long enough to pay them off before just having to dispose of it?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2012

1997 Dodge Truck - The clear coat has peeled off most of the hood and cab top and is spreading to the front fenders. It cost me almost $1,800.00 to repair the front suspension because there was no fitting on any joints. The fresh air intake allows trash to enter the system, which will build up over a 30 amp resistor and start a fire. It took almost 3 months to get the smoke smell out. Dodge installed a new resistor but did not repair the melted heater housing, which also affects the A/C during the summer.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2012

1997 Dodge truck paint peeling off in mass - Lousy Dodge/Chrysler paint. Beware spending big bucks on a Dodge Ram or Chrysler product. The paint has peeled off the hood, top of the cab and almost every horizontal surface. It is also creeping down the sides. It is like a time bomb. It started about 4 years ago, like a timer went off. My last Dodge truck for sure. $2,500.00 to repaint. They have to strip it. I have friends with other brands of trucks with more miles and as old. They still have their paint.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2012

The top of our 2001 Dodge Ram truck has several places on top of the truck cab where the burgundy color is already faded and the clear coating is peeling away. Soon the spots will be down to bare metal and probably will continue to get worse. We want this problem repaired, at no cost to us, by the Dodge company.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

Our Dodge Dakota began peeling its clear coat on the roof. Then it also happened on the roof, and now there are also small patches in other areas. The truck needs to be painted to maintain a rust free paint protective base.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

The 2001 Dodge Durango is the biggest mistake of my life. About 16 months ago, I bought a 2001 Dodge Durango. I only had it for 9 months when the engine started to make a loud, knocking noise. I kept all my oil dates and maintained the vehicle as needed. I was told that I needed a new engine. Not only that, but I had several issues with steering and air conditioning.

I bought the truck because of the Dodge reputation of being a good vehicle. Now, I owe money on a truck; and I'm paying for something I can't drive. Instead of fixing it, I am going to have to junk it. I am truly disappointed in Dodge. I have lost so much money for nothing. I am asking for help before I decide to junk the truck. Can anyone help me?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2010

It has been a month and still do not have my service on. I have asked many times for a manager or supervisor. All I get is, "No, I can't." They have been incompetent every time I have talked to someone. They have made mistake after mistake blaming me. I needed a business line. They transferred me back and forth until they set it up. It was wrong. I waited all day. No one showed. It goes on all day. They set me up again. I was five minutes late getting here. I called them back. He said, "Sorry, we cannot come back," so rescheduled me seven days later. Never showed up. Never called once to tell me anything or a sorry.

I called them over and over again. Three days later, nothing. So I called again. Same answer but then I found out they set it up wrong, so we had to start over again telling us it could be 10 more days. Set me up with the business line again. Waited another seven days which now is a month later. Still no phone. I would like to talk to a head person and not the people I have been dealing with especially the dispatchers that seem to be pushing us back later and later. I really would like to know what happened to this company.

They need more respect for the customers. This has been a nightmare. Please call me. His business cards have been printed and invoices with the phone number they gave us. He just lost his father and had to take over the business so our family doesn't starve. This mater has gone on long enough. We do not feel they keep telling your name has to start over. Every week we are backed up. His business is on hold because people cannot get hold of you. Not only that but the stress we have been under because of the way we have been treated by their staff.

Original review: May 28, 2003

I bought a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 in January of 2000. On Febuary 25 2001 my truck caught fire and burned to the ground in my driveway; the worst part my insurance had lapsed three days earlier so insurnace won't help. I called the dealer, they gave me a claim number and I was told everything would be fine, I would get a new truck and just to be quiet about it, they knew something was wrong.

I did everything these people told me and nothing is resoved yet. Yesterday I got a letter from Chrysler Financial saying they were going to take me to court for the remainder of the payments. I guess I'im probably screwed except for the recall notices they keep sending me saying I need to get it fixed so it DOESN'T catch fire.

They have ruined my credit. I lost $4,235 in tools in the truck and still don't have a truck because they messed up my credit so I can't get another.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2003
    I purchased a new 2001 Dodge 1500 truck from the Davis-Moore Dodge dealership in Ponca City, OK. The vehicle caught fire in my driveway. It had been at least 10 hours since it was last driven. The fire was so hot it ignited my wife's vehicle also. I did not receive a recall notice about the loose alternator/starter wire problem. I am a police officer and was without a vehicle for almost two months. My insurance premiums were raised because of this incident.
    To reiterate, the recall was sent out AFTER my vehicle fire. I was not made aware of the possible fire problem by the dealer. I think I am due some monetary compensation due to this oversight. We had to be cleared after an arson investigation. My insurance company initially accused me of fraud which caused me to hire an attorney.

My insurance company finally settled, but the arson accusations embarassed me because of my profession. I have been in a law enforcement officer for ten years after being Honorably Discharged from the Marine Corps in 1993.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2001

My truck exploded on the way into work. It has been deemed totaled of course. A fire ball had ripped through the vents and caught myself on fire. No damages to me. I dove out of the vehicle and then it exploded. Fire investigator concluded it as a battery exploded and with minor fuel leak it sparked.

The problem I have with this is it is a 2001 Dodge Ram with only 5000 miles. Dodge is telling me that there is nothing they can do. I am in the Army. I am a captain in the Military Police Corps. I am very dependent on my vehicle. I have no mode of transportation. Geico is my insurance company and no resolution has been met. I cannot get to work unless I have someone that works for me come and get me in the morning at 0430hrs. This in my eyes is not right.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2001

Bought new Dodge Ram 1500 truck. Engine has a lot of valve/lifter noise which should not be the case on a new vehicle with less than 4000 miles on it. Potamkin Dodge where I bought the truck tells me they all sound like that, however when listening to other 1500 they do not make the clicking sound I described. Dealer refused to make any repairs stating "I had one of the better running ones. I am totally frustrated and drained. I bought a new truck to avoid having such problems.

Bernardo should consult a Lemon Law attorney.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2000

On 3-5-99 I leased a 99 Dodge Dakota. This was a brand-new truck. One and one half hours after I drove off the dealers lot I had to call and set up my first service appointment to get the heating and air conditioning system repaired. To date this truck has been in the shop 19 times for repairs. I went to arbitration because I could not get needed repairs made to my truck. I requested that Chrysler buy back the truck. The district manager, Ron Heyduck, stated in the meeting that I was telling the truth but he said that in the interest of customer care they were going to make the proper repairs to the truck. The arbitrator ruled against me stating that the truck was under warranty and that Chrysler was going to make repairs.

After I received this ruling I took the truck in to the dealership to have the work performed. They kept the truck for one day and called and told me to come get it. They had not done anything to even attempt the repairs and they said they did not know how to fix it and Chrysler's technical personnel did not know either. I called Ron Heyduck and left a message on his voice mail asking why my truck was not going to be repaired. Mr. Heyduck returned my call the next evening and informed me that the dealership was not going to work on my truck any more and that the repairs were not going to be made. I asked why and he said in his opinion nothing was wrong and that they were not going to fix it. This is the man that promised in arbitration that these specific repairs would be made to my truck.

I videotaped the problem and refiled for arbitration requesting a buyback stating that Chrysler was refusing to honor their warranty. I again presented my case to another arbitrator and again Mr. Heyduck agreed that I was telling the truth. He also admitted that he had told me if this were his personal vehicle he would not be satisfied with it. He again stated that in the interest of customer care and service Chrysler would make the proper repairs to the truck. The arbitrator asked when this work would be completed and Mr. Heyduck stated no later than the end of June 2000. The arbitrator again ruled against me stating that the truck was still under warranty and that Chrysler was going to make repairs. The repairs were not completed until the end of September!

I have called Chryslers customer service number and have always been told we are sorry there is nothing we can do for you. I have written letters to Chrysler and one of my favorite responses was, we understand your concerns and we apologize but there is nothing we can do to help you.

I am making a lease payment of almost $400 per month on a vehicle that is averaging almost one trip per month to the shop and this is not including trips for routine maintenance such as oil changes. I have tried to sell the truck but no one will buy it after they find out how much trouble I have had with the truck. The payoff on the lease and residual is about the same as trade-in value. I had a used car dealer that contacted me about the truck and I asked him if he would take it off my hands. All I wanted him to pay was the amount still owed on the truck. He wanted to know about any problems I had with the truck.I told him about all the times it had been in the shop and he said he did not want it. I told him there was still over one year and almost 16,000 miles left on the factory warranty. He told me he did not want that vehicle on his lot! I cannot even sell the truck for trade in value which is almost $5,000 below the wholesale value of the truck.

Mr. Heyduck has told me he is not going to do anything to help me out. He did offer me an extended warranty the first time I filed for arbitration. This was with the condition that I would not take the matter to arbitration. Since I went to arbitration and did not accept his offer he has made it very clear that he is not willing to help me in any way! The responses I have gotten from Chrysler have been basically, you bought it, tough luck!

This is why arbitration is not a good way to clear the backlog of cases in civil court. It is nearly always bought and paid for by the manufacturer. The way to clear the backlog of court cases is for manufacturers to stop making defective products and stiffing consumers who complain about them. It's too bad Joseph wasted on this time on arbitration when he probably could have sued under the Lemon Law statute. It may very well be too late now, so arbitration has been doubly beneficial for Chrysler and doubly damaging for Joseph.

Original review: July 20, 2000

I'm leasing a 1998 Dodge Durango. I have the truck for 2 years, problem is the brake system. I have been in a situation when I have to stop very quickly and the truck won't stop. On July 17 2000, I was driving at a speed of 45 mph, the light changed, I hit the brakes and it made a noise like the ABS activated but the truck did not stop.

I have taken the truck to the dealer twice and they can not find any problems with the brakes. I'm afraid to drive the truck.

Dodge Trucks Company Information