2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

The Dodge Durango is an SUV with six models to choose from. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Dodge Durango Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Durango?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Durango?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The Dodge Durango is a great SUV at 3 rows, 7 passengers with a Hemi and AWD. Its capabilities are second to none. First off this suv drives like a car, it's roomy, comfortable and has plenty of power on demand. The 8.4 Uconnect is a touchscreen full of options including navigation, apps, Sirius XM, heated/ vented seat controls (available models). Durango comes in 3 trims SXT, RT and SRT with 3 years 36 thousand miles bumper to bumper, 60 thousand powertrain. Can two up to 8 thousand pounds with a Hemi V8 with 380 horsepower and 360 pounds of towing capability. In conclusion I would highly recommend Dodge Durango for anyone in need of a good suv or someone who has kids.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have a Durango. It is a very cool car, easy to maneuver for a SUV, gas actually is great! Also they come with a factory warranty. They fixed any issue, even if the tail light burned out! Great powerful engine!

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought a 2012 Dodge Durango in 2014 with with 77,000 miles on it and ever since then it's been nothing but issues. In 3 years of owning it I put over 6,000 dollars into it just to keep it running. I replaced Cylinders 3 times at 1,500 a fix. I replaced wiring harness 1 time at 4,200 fix. I replaced batter 1 time at 250.00 fix. I replaced alternator at 450.00 fix and now the cylinder has went out again so I decided get me a new vehicle instead and the really sad part is I would have owned it in 21 months. DON'T EVER BUY DODGE!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Rust has been developing on the bolts and hinges of interior doors for over a year on my 2015 Dodge Durango. The dealer attempted to change them out (one side) and they started to rust within 7 months of the change. I refused to have them change out the rest of the original bolts that of course are continuing to degrade. The service manager supposedly sent the pictures to Dodge corporation months ago but found out later that he never sent them until just recently because I called and filed a claim. Now the Factory Resource Department has denied the claim and will not repair nor will they send me a letter of the denial claim.

From what I understand they state it was cause of the environment!?? I have lived in Florida for over 45 years, owned Chevys, Fords and Nissans and never ever had this problem EVER! I truly believe that it is a manufacturer's defect and this is and will affect the value of my SUV. If you know anyone that is having this problem encourage them to post it on this site. I will never buy a Dodge again!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I've been driving a Durango since they were called the Ram Charger (with the big 8) back in the late 90's. 3 years ago I bought a used 2011 Durango Crew with the 6 cy. Leather heated seats, moonroof, had around 30k miles. Now it has 80k & so far so good. Had a few recalls...the remote start needed some work. My 2007 Durango shut down twice... both times on the highway going 65mph. It started back up right away - both times & never had that issue again. This 2011 has never shut down... best Durango I've ever had. Makes me wonder after reading so many bad reviews... did I luck out to buy a winner or the bad just hasn't happened yet.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a used 2003 Dodge Durango in 2017, nothing but problems. I've had oil changes, front end alignment, tune up, etc, the check engine light on (fuel emission or something), driver brake light doesn't work (have changed the bulb), abs brake system problems, garage opener, radio, turning signal goes off and especially when hit a bump in the road. First time buying a Dodge and maybe my last. I do love the space.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Dodge made excellent vehicles, especially with the 5.2 and 5.9 motors, I had several trucks and Durangos, would get 200000 miles with no trouble. Now they went to 4.7 and 3.7 motors with aluminum heads that fall to pieces the 1st time the heat hand gets close to the hot mark. I had a 2003 Durango with a 4.7, with 80000 miles, motor started knocking, pulled heads, and there it was a pile of aluminum from valve insert melted and laying in a pile on top of the piston. Went to my normal junkyard, he said his 5.2 and 5.7 sell for $500, but the 4.7 goes for $800, owner said, “I have 15 Durangos in a line and 5 Dodge pickups, all in a row, none are wrecked” he said, they either have a bad 4.7 or a bad automatic transmission, and none has 150000 miles and some have as low as 80000.

It’s a pull your own parts, so I pulled the heads on 5 Durangos with 4.7, all 5 had heads cracked or hole in top of piston, so it was time to call Jasper Engines. Got a rebuilt one delivered with a 3 year, 36000 mile warranty, but labor and cost of engine was twice as much as vehicle was worth. Now I see why all the Durangos in scrap yards are sitting there. If you look on Craigslist, you will find Durangos. I saw a 2010 with 77000 miles, for $3600, and to think 8 years earlier this was a $45000 dollar vehicle, but warranty is 7 years or 70000 miles whichever comes first, it said in ad, good vehicle, but it was a 4.7 and I will never own another.

Dodge should have a recall on that motor and replaced it with a 5.2 or 5.7. Been driving Dodge since 1969, but will never buy another, and now the Ram 1500 is automatic only, have to buy 2500 or 3500 to get a manual transmission, and their automatics give up easily if you do much hauling or pulling. About 150000 miles and Dodge auto transmission has to be replaced.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The Uconnect system for the 8.4 model - The unit doesn't come on sometimes. The GPS is off by miles. Heater doesn't come on for a few minutes. When it does it at 75 degrees the GPS says no phone service and the red light comes on in the review mirror.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It's nice. Ok on gas. I like the room inside and the optional four wheel drive. I also like the sound of the factory speakers. But the bolts that hold the tail light in are known to rust... And I'm having electrical problems currently but other than that and changing flat tires and routine maintenance, it's been a good car. Plus the dealership was friendly. I would recommend the Dodge Durango to others.

Original review: June 13, 2018

2011 Dodge Durango Crew - This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned... We purchased this car Brand new in Feb. 2011. Been serviced at the same dealer all the time. It only has 86000 miles on it and I have had engine heads replaced, wiring harness replaced, due to headliner caught on fire while I was driving. Because of a sun visor recall that had recently been done for the 2nd time. The car lost all power while driving home from work on freeway, at night. No lights, nothing opened up. The hood alternator was on fire...Could have caused an accident. This was another recall.

Now it's in shop because it revs too high on rpms and does not downshift. Transmission cooler needs to be replaced. Serviceman told me I have another misfire going on the engine, which the warranty was extended to 10 years, 150,000 miles due to recall. This car Sucks, We paid a lot of money for this car, looks nice, rides smoothly, but has been a Complete Lemon... I will Never buy another Dodge product again. Told Service guy to fix it so I can trade this piece of crap in for a Honda or Toyota.

Dodge Durango Company Information