Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Dodge Durango

The Dodge Durango is an SUV with six models to choose from. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

551 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought a 2012 Dodge Durango in 2014 with with 77,000 miles on it and ever since then it's been nothing but issues. In 3 years of owning it I put over 6,000 dollars into it just to keep it running. I replaced Cylinders 3 times at 1,500 a fix. I replaced wiring harness 1 time at 4,200 fix. I replaced batter 1 time at 250.00 fix. I replaced alternator at 450.00 fix and now the cylinder has went out again so I decided get me a new vehicle instead and the really sad part is I would have owned it in 21 months. DON'T EVER BUY DODGE!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Rust has been developing on the bolts and hinges of interior doors for over a year on my 2015 Dodge Durango. The dealer attempted to change them out (one side) and they started to rust within 7 months of the change. I refused to have them change out the rest of the original bolts that of course are continuing to degrade. The service manager supposedly sent the pictures to Dodge corporation months ago but found out later that he never sent them until just recently because I called and filed a claim. Now the Factory Resource Department has denied the claim and will not repair nor will they send me a letter of the denial claim.

From what I understand they state it was cause of the environment!?? I have lived in Florida for over 45 years, owned Chevys, Fords and Nissans and never ever had this problem EVER! I truly believe that it is a manufacturer's defect and this is and will affect the value of my SUV. If you know anyone that is having this problem encourage them to post it on this site. I will never buy a Dodge again!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I've been driving a Durango since they were called the Ram Charger (with the big 8) back in the late 90's. 3 years ago I bought a used 2011 Durango Crew with the 6 cy. Leather heated seats, moonroof, had around 30k miles. Now it has 80k & so far so good. Had a few recalls...the remote start needed some work. My 2007 Durango shut down twice... both times on the highway going 65mph. It started back up right away - both times & never had that issue again. This 2011 has never shut down... best Durango I've ever had. Makes me wonder after reading so many bad reviews... did I luck out to buy a winner or the bad just hasn't happened yet.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a used 2003 Dodge Durango in 2017, nothing but problems. I've had oil changes, front end alignment, tune up, etc, the check engine light on (fuel emission or something), driver brake light doesn't work (have changed the bulb), abs brake system problems, garage opener, radio, turning signal goes off and especially when hit a bump in the road. First time buying a Dodge and maybe my last. I do love the space.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Dodge made excellent vehicles, especially with the 5.2 and 5.9 motors, I had several trucks and Durangos, would get 200000 miles with no trouble. Now they went to 4.7 and 3.7 motors with aluminum heads that fall to pieces the 1st time the heat hand gets close to the hot mark. I had a 2003 Durango with a 4.7, with 80000 miles, motor started knocking, pulled heads, and there it was a pile of aluminum from valve insert melted and laying in a pile on top of the piston. Went to my normal junkyard, he said his 5.2 and 5.7 sell for $500, but the 4.7 goes for $800, owner said, “I have 15 Durangos in a line and 5 Dodge pickups, all in a row, none are wrecked” he said, they either have a bad 4.7 or a bad automatic transmission, and none has 150000 miles and some have as low as 80000.

It’s a pull your own parts, so I pulled the heads on 5 Durangos with 4.7, all 5 had heads cracked or hole in top of piston, so it was time to call Jasper Engines. Got a rebuilt one delivered with a 3 year, 36000 mile warranty, but labor and cost of engine was twice as much as vehicle was worth. Now I see why all the Durangos in scrap yards are sitting there. If you look on Craigslist, you will find Durangos. I saw a 2010 with 77000 miles, for $3600, and to think 8 years earlier this was a $45000 dollar vehicle, but warranty is 7 years or 70000 miles whichever comes first, it said in ad, good vehicle, but it was a 4.7 and I will never own another.

Dodge should have a recall on that motor and replaced it with a 5.2 or 5.7. Been driving Dodge since 1969, but will never buy another, and now the Ram 1500 is automatic only, have to buy 2500 or 3500 to get a manual transmission, and their automatics give up easily if you do much hauling or pulling. About 150000 miles and Dodge auto transmission has to be replaced.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Durango?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The Uconnect system for the 8.4 model - The unit doesn't come on sometimes. The GPS is off by miles. Heater doesn't come on for a few minutes. When it does it at 75 degrees the GPS says no phone service and the red light comes on in the review mirror.

Original review: June 21, 2018

It's nice. Ok on gas. I like the room inside and the optional four wheel drive. I also like the sound of the factory speakers. But the bolts that hold the tail light in are known to rust... And I'm having electrical problems currently but other than that and changing flat tires and routine maintenance, it's been a good car. Plus the dealership was friendly. I would recommend the Dodge Durango to others.

Original review: June 13, 2018

2011 Dodge Durango Crew - This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned... We purchased this car Brand new in Feb. 2011. Been serviced at the same dealer all the time. It only has 86000 miles on it and I have had engine heads replaced, wiring harness replaced, due to headliner caught on fire while I was driving. Because of a sun visor recall that had recently been done for the 2nd time. The car lost all power while driving home from work on freeway, at night. No lights, nothing opened up. The hood alternator was on fire...Could have caused an accident. This was another recall.

Now it's in shop because it revs too high on rpms and does not downshift. Transmission cooler needs to be replaced. Serviceman told me I have another misfire going on the engine, which the warranty was extended to 10 years, 150,000 miles due to recall. This car Sucks, We paid a lot of money for this car, looks nice, rides smoothly, but has been a Complete Lemon... I will Never buy another Dodge product again. Told Service guy to fix it so I can trade this piece of crap in for a Honda or Toyota.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have owned Dodge cars before and they tend to be good reliable cars. I love that we have a great variety when it comes to this brand. The Dodge brand is classic and I've always loved Mopar products... The overall dependability is good. I can't imagine owning another brand. The ride is smooth so that's a plus. The process of buying the car was pretty easy. Basically just signed on the dotted line and drove off.

I love the black to package. I also love the leather seat interior along with the rest rt stitching in the seat. The premium sounds is also awesome along with the satellite radio, navigation no system, ability to Bluetooth my phone. The 3rd row was a must have and in this particular model the third row is very roomy. The black wheels are really cool and add to the overall sporty look of the automobile. Also, the v8 engine is amazing. Just being able to have that horsepower to get up and go as soon as you push the accelerator has always been an important factor for me. I can't stand a slow car that doesn't go when I want it to. The automatic rear door is a super plus especially having 3 kids. In addition the rear folding seats are awesome for things like my stroller and bags. This is the ultimate Mommy mobile.

However, I don't like the outside color. The silver is really not a color I would pick initially but with the black to package I guess it really is not very the say bad. It's something I could tolerate. I don't like that the seats in the middle lack the required his for a child caresses latch. I think every seat should have them. I have 3 kids and very limited options of where to put my children's car seats. Also I don't really like everything be automated because that means when it needs that more money I'd have to put into it than I normally would. Overall I would recommended Dodge to anyone who wants a sorry looking car that gets the job done and isn't super expensive. I will continue to buy this brand in the future. Although I probably won't buy another vehicle for several and I mean several years. So hopefully this one lasts.

Original review: June 12, 2018

It's a good car. I chose it because I could fit three car seats in the middle row. I like the cooled seats, blind spot monitor, adaptive cruise control, touchscreen, and all the other tech things it has. But I have had issues with the battery dying before 3 years old and then had to be replaced by 4 years old. In addition, the adaptive cruise control doesn't work sometimes and I had to have a control module replaced when I first bought it.

Dodge Durango Company Information