Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Dodge Durango

The Dodge Durango is an SUV with six models to choose from. Read more Dodge reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

551 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have had Ford Flex for two years and then a Explorer for two and now this Dodge Durango for the last year and half. Overall for the price it does much better and has been maintenance free since new.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I have had nothing but problems with my Durango. I originally bought a brand new Dodge Journey and it shut off twice while driving so we turned it in for a 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel. Horrible. I'm scared everyday to drive it. I pray everyday before I leave the house. This too shuts off while driving and the steering wheel locks while I'm driving. When I bought the car the hazards didn't work on it so I can't even put them on when I'm stuck on freeway or road. I put down 10 grand on this car so I don't have money to trade it in. I've taken it in several times and I'm told they can't find the problem. Something needs to be done! I'd give zero stars if I could.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

These reviews crack me up. Most of the complaints are on older model USED Durango's. You have no Idea how well previous owners maintained the vehicle. Maybe they commuted in it or thrashed it on back roads. You should expect to start having to do some repairs after 100,000 miles. If you don't keep up with oil changes, check your transfer case fluid, rear end fluid, etc. that's your deal. If your vehicle or any vehicle for that matter isn't running right you shouldn't keep on driving it. Many of these reviews specifically state they knew something was wrong but drove it anyway. Don't ** on Dodge because you're irresponsible.

I too have a cowl issue. Car chugs and dies, you figure out what's wrong. You don't haul ** down a snowy freeway with your kids in the car! I bought my 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 4x4 Hemi 4 yrs ago. It had 102,000 miles on it. I have $168,000 now. I recently had to get my axle replaced in the front. $700.00. That's it! If I had to complain it would be about the ** mileage. Otherwise I love the power, the space, and it's damn good in the snow! It has an 8,000lb towing capacity which is awesome because I can haul a couple horses!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I had this 2004 Dodge Durango for about a month. I was satisfied at first. Then my wife drove it. She said it cut off on her 20 times in a matter of 5miles! I tried it and it ran good. So we decide to put it on the highway in Indiana, cold, snow and ice. It kept shutting off on me. So I would put it in neutral and start it while the car was still rolling. Bad mistake. I lost control and hit a median with my kids in the car. Bad bad bad day!!!

Original review: July 3, 2017

I TOO OWN A 2004 DODGE DURANGO, 5.7 ALL WHEEL DRIVE HEMI, PD $6000 LAST YR 2016. NOT EVEN A YEAR YET, have taken great care of it too, (respecting that big motor 16 spark plugs). Well had a minor exhaust leak, then my radiator started leaking, (bought a new one $300) a week later water pump needed to be replaced, ($92 + $23 for antifreeze). Well took my auto to carwash (which I did this often) then just like other stories it felt like I had a flat tire, I started to get out and it stalled, (I'm like WTF) no power but only 2 blocks to our house. I couldn't believe what my engine sounded like, it sounded like somebody dumped a bucket of bolts under my hood and they were just flying around inside of there.

My heart sunk, after having my brother look at it and take out all the spark plugs and reading what I read on the internet. Two of my plugs were completely rusted into the motor. Couple of them didn't even match. Couple of the wires were bad. It's horrible. My husband and I bought an 07 charger but it ended up in a bad accident due to my son's girlfriend. We spent $20,000 cash on that car and then I go and spend a measly $6,000 on my Durango and here it's. So I look at it as my husband has spent $26,000 on two cars and now he doesn't have one for me.

When will Chrysler Dodge be accountable for their screw-ups to the consumer. It ends here. I'm going all the way. I'm contacting everybody and anybody about this issue. That cowling thing letting the water leak into your motor. Ridiculous. With this fix of them recalling it and none of this happening. You build a truck so water leaks down on the spark plugs. Come on. I'll take you on Dodge. I will take you on and make sure that you pay in some way shape or form. Thank God I'm not like some of those people I read where their house burnt down because of their Dodge Durango in the garage. I would be livid. I would camp on their doorstep for days until they helped me out of that situation. God bless all of us with our Durangos. Let's get together and make him pay people. Make them pay. ** July 3 2017. I've got nothing but time. Everyone write a letter to the headquarters. Don't give up.

They need to help us & those of you still paying for your Dodge & not able to drive it is unheard of... There should be a law about selling autos that do this & much more. After so many complaints being the same needs to be an automatic recall. Why throw hard earned money towards a car that should last us 20 plus years. Would they feel good if the problem were on them? Would they like their house to burn down because of a car? I doubt it. Let's find a class action lawsuit attorney and show these guys we're not playing around. More power. You need to stand up and take responsibility for your weak actions. I'm challenging you right now contact me and all the other thousands of customers you let down. A simple apology doesn't fix what we've paid for. You're not sorry cuz if you were sorry you to fix this long ago. If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't like it cuz it be up your butt???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dodge Durango?

Original review: June 22, 2017

I will never own a DODGE AGAIN. My head rest deployed on its own while driving down the road. The vehicle has never been in an accident and it is only 3 years old. The deployment almost caused me to wreck but I was able to maintain my vehicle to come to a stop in the other lane. I have contacted the dealer and Dodge with no help. Their equipment malfunction and I have to pay $684 to have it repaired. Keep in mind it is suppose to deploy in a REAR END COLLISION and there WAS NO COLLISION. It was a spontaneous deployment. They are in no way willing to help. Their product malfunctioned and I am have to pay large fees to diagnose and repair it.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I was the owner of a 2003 Dodge Durango. Yes it was an older model vehicle but on January 27th 2017, for some unforeseen reason it became ablaze, causing a total loss to my home. Submitted information from the fire marshal in the state of Georgia knowing that the vehicle was the cause of the damages occurred. But the only thing that the Chrysler company cut off of me was an apology. Had never had any problems with this vehicle. Sure it was an old model, but due to the fact that I know that it was the cause of the total loss to my home. I felt that the company should have compensated me for at least some of the damages to my home.

I must say that before this happened I had enjoyed being an owner of my Dodge Durango. I understand that there are certain procedures that must be taken in order for them to feel here responsible. Being a single parent, limited income, I just feel that I should have been confiscated in some manner because I know that this Dodge Durango was the cause of the damages and I reiterate on this. I would never purchase a Dodge product again and anyone that's interested please do your research because I feel that the commonest should have been held responsible.

Original review: April 10, 2017

In response to the 2002 Dodge Durango, I had previously purchased a 2002 Dodge Durango in 2007. In 2013/2014 I had a tie rod come clean away from the tire while parking the vehicle after a road trip, it had been making severely bad vibrations on the road while driving. On another occasion the Durango while driving would not go over 40 mph, or it would start making severe noise. Well we found out that it was the Drive Shaft had punctured right through the Transfer case Housing, so a new Drive Shaft and a new Transfer Case had to be bought. Did not perform right after installation.

Traded the car in since, only received $850.00 for it. Put so much work and time into it, new ball joints upper and lower, new fuel pump, new relay switch for air conditioning fan speed, new ceramic blue brakes, new roaders, and new Disks, and pads, new timing belt, new power window relay, new wipers, new front window at least 3 times. Oh and last thing to say, it cost me $170.00 a week in 2012/2013 to get to and from work. Along with an Emissions light that never cleared, it had to be cleared with an OBD meter that cleared the code. What an education for me! One more thing in 2013, I was hit by a man on the driver's side up front near the tire, since then the Durango has never ran the same I'm still paying for it!

Original review: April 8, 2017

February 2016 after test driving a 2013 Dodge Durango I fell in love with it and purchased it 2 days later. That love was as short lived as my marriage. After having the car for year the electrical issues started piling up. Sometimes the car would stall while in drive, headlights wouldn't work while on auto... and then the wipers stopped working in December 2016. I called all over the United States for a week looking for a multifunction switch off of a salvaged Durango. Every time I found one when they took it off the connections were melted to the steering column. Finally broke down and paid $330 for a brand new multifunction switch through a certified parts dealer.

Took the car to the shop 4/6/2017. Today (4/8/2017) my mechanic calls me and tells me that the switch is fine and the issue is a failing TIPM. Being the ** I am I googled known issues and come to find out this is a known issue with Dodge, Jeep, and Chryslers. Several class action lawsuits have been filed but Dodge refuses to recall it. Now I'm on the hook for a $26,000.00 car and the new TIPM is going to cost me $900 just for the part. The work has to be done by the dealership so you can guess service is going to cost even MORE!!

1. Shame on me for not doing my researching and impulse buying. 2. Shame on Chrysler for selling these cars to people and not telling them. It's downright deceitful. 3. How is it not ILLEGAL for them to be selling these defective vehicles to people?? I am beyond LIVID and will NEVER in my life own a Chrysler made product. Lastly... ** CHRYSLER.

Resolution response: March 27, 2018

I just wanted everyone to know that after taking my truck to the Dodge dealership, Midas and Tires Plus and none of them can figure out why I go through the car wash and downpours that my truck is shaking and running rough. Well it's been solve. It's the gasket around the intake valve is worn out and needs to be replaced. Thanks to Midwest Superdutys Greenfield Indiana 46140, they took time and solved the issue. They were very understanding of my issue of having different repair shop and no answers. Robert was the Best!!! If you have issues with your vehicle I would recommend them Highly.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

There has been 100 of people complaining about the wiper cowl that it's defective. Letting the vehicle run really bad when it rains or goes through a car wash. I first bought the car in the winter and didn't have any issue until I was going to New York from Indianapolis, IN, and was driving it started to down pour all of the sudden. Going 65 to 15 on the highway. Could have been killed.

Dodge Durango Company Information