3.55/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Aveo

The Chevy Aveo is a subcompact car. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevy Aveo Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2018

My 2004 Aveo is a good car. Run great and has very good mileage. I bought used. No rust and perfect size not too big or too small. Also, very safe for kids to ride in. An Aveo 2004 sedan has the perfect room and drives amazingly nice. I enjoy the big and roomy back seat and trunk area, heat is more than perfect, the stereo plays nice and the windows are of good quality. The Aveo turns easy, too. It's cheap and not a gas hog. I like the many mileages and the sunglass holder for the driver to keep from searching hard. I kind of dislike the small tires of the Aveo and how the back end blocks your view a little bit when backing up and heated seats would be a nice touch.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The Chevy Aveo is compact and it's very reliable and I love the car minus the constant antifreeze leak. My favorite thing about the car is the fact that we have very little issues with having to repair it and the way it looks, it's so cute and easy to get into spaces and the pull out cup holder, the CD player and the button you can press if you're out of area and it programs all the popular radio stations in that area to your car. However, the windows are not electric, there is no armrests and not a lot of space. I can barely fit my family and all our stuff when we travel in it. Still, it's been a very good experience.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My Chevy Aveo was bought secondhand it has had a few issues since purchasing it but remains a nice little car to get myself and my family from one place to another. And as it's my first time driving in the US it is a small enough car for me to get used to the roads especially as in England we drive on the other side of the roadway. I didn't like the age of the car and it doesn't have an outlet for me to listen to music so another purchase is necessary to enable my family to listen to music or DVDs when we travel.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I bought my Chevy Aveo 5 Hatchback Daewoo brand new. Have taken it to dealer for everything. It's been an extremely good vehicle. I sold for to a friend in 2016 for 4200. But after a year he bought another car. I bought it back for 1000. Change the tires. Change the oils and fluids. Carrying cost are so inexpensive it's a no brainer really. It has over 112,000 miles. Still has power, CV Joints still good no leaks. Have driven this little guy all over mountain, plains, desert. Those South Koreans can build a hell of a car. I call it my Obama car. I turned in a old truck that was nickel and dime-in me for years. Cash for Clunkers was the Obama program. Love the program. Miss that guy in the White House???

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I bought a 2009 Aveo with 60k miles. At 90k miles one after the next three coolant hoses started bursting. Replaced every hose and thermostat over the course of two weeks. Couple weeks later thermostat housing cracks, another coolant leak. Another week goes by after that's fixed and there's coolant all over my passenger flooring. Heater core done for. Fix that. Now into this car for a couple grand and still owe 6k on it. A month goes by and the temp gauge is all over the place. No leaks to find but no coolant. Bone dry. Head gasket needs replacing... I've had lots of cars, I'll be sticking with Nissan and Honda from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Aveo?

Original review: April 26, 2017

We bought this 2007 Chevy Aveo for our son's 16th birthday in August 2016. It had about 32,000 miles on it. It is now April 2017 and he has had nothing but trouble!!! The car is jerky, has very little power and won't make a two-hour trip. We have had it look at by a dealer who told us nothing was wrong. We replaced the belt battery, the coil, the brakes, the tires, some fuses, the list goes on. Now it won't hold a charge so he can't even drive it! WOW what a bunch of crap. The alternator is our next endeavor. $193.00! Just for the alternator. From what I have read this won't even help. Don't buy one of these cars!??

Original review: April 17, 2017

My 2011 Chevy Aveo has 80,000 miles on it. All of the coolant hoses have had to be replaced in the past week. Now coolant has leaked out, the car overheated and will need to be towed. Last year I had several problems with electrical issues. This "affordable" car has turned out to be anything but affordable. Don't be Chevy.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I bought my 2007 Chevy Aveo 5sp new, with only 3 miles on it, Oct 2007. I've put on OVER 150,000 miles. Overall, this car has been excellent and the value... Great! Vs - what other cars cost!! Yes, there was an issue with "some loss of power" in 2012... I researched it, took it to a good mechanic... No problems! Yes I had the belt changed on time, regular oil changes, and 3 sets of tires. I've had tune-ups done in a timely manner. I currently have a bearing going out. *It will be hard to say goodbye... But, it is time for her to be a trade in. She has been extremely dependable! Yes, I've driven over mountains, gone camping, and across the highways. I've never kept it in a garage, and I've driven lots & lots in the city. #GoodLittleCar

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I bought my Chevy Aveo in 2011 with 10km on the clock. I have experienced endless problems from the word go. My car kept dipping. Took the car three times to GM to sort out the problem. Every time they said nothing is wrong. Then my car started just cut out leaving me stranded, and losing power; again back to GM nothing is wrong? Now the warranty expired, and I had to replace the hydraulic lifters, and I'm also still sitting with a car that is dipping, cutting out and losing power??!!! This is the most unreliability car ever. Stay away from CHEVY!!!! This was a waste of my money!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

I bought my first car, a 2010 Aveo, 2 years ago with 80,000 miles on it. Now it has 110,000. At first, I thought it was a good, cheap car and really cute. Now I hate it. Once I hit 95k miles I had to replace the spark plugs and have had problems with my AC ever since. Recently, this car has been overheating. The first thing I did was researched online about common problems with this type of car, and came across articles saying to first replace the radiator cap and thermostat, because they could be the problem and they would be the cheapest to fix. After doing that, the car still kept overheating, so I took it to a mechanic that checked for cracked heads. That wasn't the case.

After the mechanic even told me nothing was wrong with it, I just decided to keep driving it to work as my ONLY option (while searching for other cars to purchase) because I was just screwed. 1 month later and magically, my car hasn't overheated yet. But, I am having trouble driving the darn thing because it keeps losing power. Point of story is Aveo's SUCK and DO NOT get one. If you have one, trade it or sell it before it's too late. PS I will never buy a Chevy car again.

Chevy Aveo Company Information