4.1/5 (171 ratings)

About Chevy Aveo

The Chevy Aveo is a subcompact car. Read more Chevrolet reviews to learn about other models.

Chevy Aveo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Aveo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevy Aveo?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

I bought the car (2008 Aveo) used in 2013 from a dealership and I thought I got a good deal on it because the mileage was low and it had been dented on the driver side which made it cheaper. Now fast forward to March of 2014 when I was having trouble getting the key to go in since I bought it, so when the ignition would not turn I assumed it had to do with my key. I kept trying to start the car for days but nothing helped. I even had neighbors give it a try. So I finally called the phone number listed in the handbook that came with the car for Chevy and the automated recording in the beginning asked if I was calling about the ignition recall. So I was excited thinking they would replace it and when a representative came on the phone she said my car was not one of the cars on the recall list for ignitions so I contacted a locksmith. The locksmith first checked my key because I told him I had trouble getting the key in and the same for unlocking the door. The key would go in but it would not always turn right away and determined it was not the key. So he took out the ignition and discovered something inside of it needed a repair and put it back in which cost me $125. It seemed to have worked.

Fast forward to November 2014 and it has begun not turning again. It is as if it is stuck and will only get unstuck on its own time. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it, I tried jiggle and turn the steering wheel and pumping the brake and holding down the brake pedal to the floor but nothing helps. It is causing me to be late to my job and late to take/pick up my daughter from her school/work. On Sunday it took about 30 minutes before it turn and then the next day it took 25 minutes and still two more times it took almost 15 before it would turn but I am worried if I hire a locksmith again that it will only fix it temporarily and I don't make much money so to me $125 is a lot.

Also, my son tried to put LED lights in my car about 10 days ago and something went wrong in his words my car didn't like them and he immediately took them back out but it changed my side lights (blinkers and tail lights) to stay on even when the car is off and figured that out when I went to drive it afterwards and it wouldn't start. So for now the solution seems to be that my day lights still work so I have to remove two 10amp fuses from the engine area to keep those lights off. And when I drive at night I have to put both fuses in and when I get to my destination take them back out which didn't seem so bad if I only had to do it a few days but I am still having to do it and as I figured out yesterday don't bother the fuses in until the car decides to turn on which could be on the first turn or the 100th turn. UGH, I won't get a Chevy again!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

I purchased a 2009 Aveo5 LS in October 2013 used from Earnhard Kia/Scion. As I drove off the lot, the battery died. Also I'm having the same problem as many others, the spark plugs are going out. The car heats up and has this burning (like cigarettes) smell, and my car has no power. When I am with my infant child in the car, it will stop in the middle of the street. I will be taking it to the dealership to have them fix the defect.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

First, had starting problem in shop, 3 times didn't report anything. Replace power train, later it happened again. Replace some part behind gauges, cost 800 dollars didn't fix problem. Repair the ignition switch, it hasn't happened again. Well so far put $1500 in part and labor. Now it's losing power. How know what that will cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

This Chevy Aveo 2009 is just problem after problem. I'm having the clock not working, the AC is not blowing cold. When I got a mechanic to work on fixing the AC, he couldn't fix it. He said something wrong with Chevy Aveo cars. Also I have a check engine light for oxygen sensor. When I replaced the sensor the light still comes back for the same reason! I'm really sorry and mad for buying car. I'm still without AC on my black car! And the time inside the car is always wrong because the clock is not working. Is Chevy doing something?!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

My car has only 60,000 miles. The timing chain broke cause it was make on a plastic putty. GM won't recall it. Nuts, Who would think this wasn't made out of steel? Had to pay $2000.00 to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2014

I bought a 2011 Chevy Aveo from Simpson Chevrolet of Garden Grove in March 2013. I told my sales rep I wanted a small car that was low on maintenance including tires so he recommended the Chevy I bought... I go to get new tires today because are completely worn out and was told my car doesn't have the right tires for my car AND worse!!! This car requires special order tires that cost $100 each!...

The original quote for my tires was $49 since it's a small car, but no, since my model requires special order it's more expensive.... I called the dealer 40 min ago and still no call back. I could have rolled over and dies on this car. I think I need legal advice.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

I wish I could rate a zero. I bought an 2007 Aveo in the end of 2009 with only 32000 miles on it. I had head lamps burn out 5 times in the first 3 months of ownership. Around 45,000 miles dash lights started to fail and continually drained the battery. Once fixed around 50,000 miles the head lamp problems came back. By 70,000 miles the check engine light would come on any time going up a grade. Each time dumping more and more money into it. At 80,000 miles it started to shimmer, redone struts, shocks, and bearings and the shimmering went away for about 4,500 miles. At 95,000 miles lost so much power by now that might as well have bought a go-cart. At 115,000 miles started the engine to leave the house and broke 2 pistons, as it was sitting still in idle.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2014

If I had the option to put 0 stars I would. Bought this car brand new in 2009. Only 43 miles on it. At 3,000 miles the fuel pump goes out with no warning during rush hour at 75 mph in St. Paul, MN. Almost rear ended by 18 wheeler trying to get from middle lane to the emergency lane because I had no power as it was just rolling. Took 3 weeks to get the fuel pump because (to quote the dealer), "The manufacturer in Korea has to make more because this model is so new they don't have extra parts, just ones for the production line." This freaked me out as on the window sticker it said the car and parts were from China/Mexico/USA....and the only Korean car makers I knew of at the time was Daewoo & Kia so I started examining the car after I got it back from the dealership and found it stamped 'DAEWOO' underneath both the trunk and hood insulation......Needless to say I was not pleased because I was sold this car as a CHEVY not a DAEWOO and there is a BIG difference between the two and I would of never gotten this car if I had known ahead of time.

Fast forward to 78,000 miles and the car starts having major electrical problems- it started w/ OnStar coming on and off, then the clock will not keep time, then the dashboard lights went out....took to dealer and they just switch some fuses outs and it solved that problem.....then the car would randomly shut off, not crank up, act jerky, have 0 power on acceleration, wouldn't go over 45 mph once it did get going without shimmying and shaking and cutting off (very scary even off the interstate) took to the dealer and they said there was a recall on spark plugs and the coil pack which they replaced. It solved the problem for about 3 weeks then it started up again.....went back and they said same problem but this time charge $350 because the recall only covered 1 replacement set. I have to replace both the coil pack and spark plugs about every 3 months. This is not cheap.

I ask why is my car eating through these things and they said they don't know, it's something electrical. I asked what can I do...they said I could replace the computer and the wiring harness (over $1500) which MAY fix the problem. I took to an independent mechanic. He told me to burn the car because it wasn't worth putting money into it because once a car has electrical problems it is basically finished and it wouldn't solve the 'gremlins' in the car. He actually told me that Aveos are the worst car he has ever came across and he wouldn't even work on it. I have tried to trade it in and at one place they actually laughed at me because the car is junk. They said they would not take Aveos in as trade ins because of the KNOWN problems in the dealer community. Another dealer said he had bought 1 at an auction and ended up junking it because he had put over $1500 in it trying to resolve the issues and it could not be fixed.

CHEVY SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! I know this is an economy car but I could of gotten a Kia Sportage for $1000 less at another dealer but I was trying to buy American which backfired on me. I'm betting the Kia wouldn't of given me near as much grief as this P.O.S. Oh, and I got into a wreck w/ me rolling into the back on a Lincoln Aviator at less than 10 mph and it caused over $6500 in damage to my front end (none at all to the Aviator) but the airbags didn't deploy so it wasn't a write off. Then when the mechanic had it for the coil pack problem, he got rear ended and once again it didn't cause the airbags to deploy even though it was another $7500 worth of damage and was at 45 mph....doesn't sound right to me.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2014

I purchased my 2011 chevy aveo just at a year ago from a Toyota dealership. Ever since then the car and dealership has given me nothing but a headache. My signals go in and out, first the left, then it started working, then the right acted up. Replaced light bulbs on both sides three times and the left side is out again. If I have my ac on level two, my car loses power. I can't even pull out in traffic. I cannot leave my ac off because I have two children. That is the reason I bought the car. I thought I would have a reliable car. Guess not.

Now just recently my car has no power at all. I have to push the gas pedal to the floor to even get it to 25 mph. I refuse to drive it with my kids, so it has been sitting for a month. I contacted toyota dealership. They told me I should take it in to a Chevy dealership. When I did I found out there is a recall on something to do with the coil pack and spark plugs. But they told me for them to look at it will cost $125. Then when they find out what is wrong, they will give me an estimated. Here I'm stuck paying for a car that I can't drive. Chevy is ridiculous.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2014

I bought a new 2009 Chevy in 02/07. 0nly 49, 000 miles it would just quit, didn't know it till I had probs steering. So I learned I would put up in neutral and start back up but on 09/02 2014 a person cut across in front of us and we hit him broad sided. Sadly to say my car was totaled no sign of a airbag tried to deploy...I had already had neck surgery 1.1/2 year ago and had back problems, also I have...I hit glove box with knees. This so scary, I was taken to er by ambulance. And still under Dr care. I just don't understand. I think hopefully I can have my voice heard. I called GM, they said to contact someone on class action...please someone help me out. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2014

I have a 2008 Aveo that I purchased from a Chevrolet dealership in Russellville, KY. Since the 2nd day I owned it, it has been nothing but problems. Air Bag sensors not working, Have had this repaired three times. Yesterday the Air Bag light came on again. My biggest trouble has been with the Throttle Position Sensor. Get a P2135 code that tells you to replace the entire Throttle Body. I did this ($300 part), did no good. The car has been in the shop for over 7 months in the 15 months I've owned the car. Computer has been "flashed" numerous times. Didn't work.

GM Customer Care asked me to take the car to and Authorized Chevrolet repair shop. I did. After 2 trips there and a total of 6 weeks in the shop, they tell me they think the problem is with the ECM Engine Control Module. This part has an 8 year, 80,000 mile warranty. I bought the car with 76,000 mile on it. The problem has been documented by the Chevy dealership I purchased the car from for many thousands of miles prior to me purchasing the car. GM refused to honor the warranty because the car now has 82,000 miles.

This is the thing that gets me. When I bought this car, they knew I was buying it for a daughter in college. They knew the car had these problems and sold it to me anyways. They now don't like it when I tell about these problems on-line. They are dealing with recalls for 27 million cars. There are, at a minimum 27 million people they have put at risk for death. There are many more millions of cars out there that have serious safety issues that they are not recalling. In my dealings with Mansfield Chevrolet, Chevrolet, and General Motors over the last year, I can, beyond any doubt in my mind, tell you that when GM states that safety is a primary concern in their cars is an outright lie. They care nothing about safety and well being of any customer. Anyone who purchases any GM product from this point on is risking the lives of themselves, their family, and everyone they meet on the road. GM has shown me, by their actions, that profit far out-weighs safety.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2014

2011 Chevy Aveo - Had my car into multiple shops including the Chevy dealer for stalling issues and no power or little power only to be told over and over again that no one knows what is wrong. This seems to be an issue with these cars and someone needs to do something before innocent people get hurt or killed! I will never buy another Chevy again as they seem to only care about making their money and not the safety of others! Really nice paying off a car that is so unreliable! Thanks Chevy.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2014

I have 08 Aveo, bought it at 31000 miles. It has now 45418 miles. Drove to work about 25-35 mins. away. When I got there motor sounded rough, saw thermometer all the way up. Didn't understand why I have a breakdown and so soon, only a small amount of miles. The radiator blew out on the side, camshaft cover gasket and seals. Now I understand and with all the complaints, friends and people talk about their Aveo - that the Chevy Aveo has a bad reputation. They discontinued and replace it with the Sonic. Makes me wonder that they even knew that car is going to give Chevrolet Company bad business... Now I don't know what to do. This car could of help me, but it was a wrong choice.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

2010 chevy aveo - On I 35 at 65 mph, lost power, an 18 wheel rig almost hit me. He/she had to swerve left. Thank God I was on the right lane. Also the alignment has been worked on several times and still cannot stay centered with the slightest small bump on the road. I am in fear that I will hit a small pot-hole on the interstate and lose control into the oncoming or direction of travel traffic. It's a challenge every time I drive this car... It's been this way since 18000 miles ago till present time at only 39000 miles. I think I will go the Japanese direction on my next new car.

Resolution response: July 15, 2015

This is a piece of junk Chevy refuses to do anything about it. Abs sensors and speed control sensors caused brakes to seize up. Now front rotors calipers and pads need replacing for the 5 time plus rear shoes calipers etc.

Again 5 time it off the road going to cost over 2000 in repairs. Since we got it very unreliable from oxygen sensors, alarm system, windows replacement, computer replacement, wiring harness throttle bodies, the list keeps going.

Will never drive this car again so unreliable. Almost flip it on highway going 110 when brakes suddenly locked up. Without pressing brake and the seized up had to have it towed in and towed from horseshoe bay of the ferry because no power cause computer system.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2014

My 2009 Chevrolet Aveo I bought in 2010 with 7 kms on it first month wiring harness and since then we have had 5 sets of spark plugs and boots, 17 batteries, 25 starters, 16 alternators, 25 ECM computers, 17 throttle bodies, 5 thermostats, 5 heater hoses ,10 rad hoses. Cost for repairs after warranty expired over $3000.00 in total. Car has 79,000 on it now and we just had spark plugs and boots changed again and the PVC vacuum hose changed due to stalling and hard time starting unless you pump gas - still not fixed. Engine light comes on and goes off still. This is the worst car we have ever had. And we also had front brakes done - calipers seized up - just had brakes done last year $300.00 for pads only and because calipers seized up for rotors calipers and pads that was $800.00. We had a 1992 Chevrolet Corsica we had for 15+ years - no major issues except 1 head gasket after 10 years and 1 alternator and battery once a year. I did all maintenance on it, oil change, etc.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2014

2010 Chevy Aveo loses power when driving, spoke with GM twice. No recalls. Got the excuse that the National Highway of Safety is responsible for recalls. So someone has to get seriously hurt or killed in these vehicles to get them recalled to get them fixed. Finally they agreed to do the diagnostic at no charge. So took it to the dealership. They can't find anything. So they start with replacing spark plugs, and telling me that they need to clean the fuel system. Ok, so 340.00 later, I am out the door. 2 days later, it is losing power again. Wonderful. I will be calling GM again. If they can't fix it or find the problem, then they can give me an even trade. This is **. If they won't stand behind their vehicles, then give me my money back. I bought this car used, yes, in April of 2013. It only had 25000 on it.

Original review: July 27, 2014

Well, most comments I've read here involve negative experiences - go figure. The happy people aren't around cause they're out driving! For the most part I've been pretty happy with my 2007 Aveo5. Yeah, the mileage stinks for such a small car. Yeah, it collects a scratch or dent if you look at it wrongly. Yeah, it is cheaply built - heck I only paid $8400 for it (as a loss leader) new off the lot in 2007 - it has treated me pretty well for the past 84,000 miles. Hard to scoff at $.10/mile transportation! I love it for parking downtown or zipping about easily. Sure, I have to explain to many kids how to manually roll the windows down and remind them to lock the doors, but they eventually figure it out. For $8400, I was glad to have all four wheels AND a spare!

There have been a few problems: door handle screws backing themselves out... interior trim popping free here/there. Then I've had a right front strut blow out that the local repair place wanted $500 to fix (declined, it's noisy but drives fine...) And then I went car camping with my Aveo5. I'm presuming that somewhere along the 15-20 miles of unpaved gravel roads it fell out. Or, it could have happened somewhere else along the life of the car, who knows... but the hole/mount looked clean when I checked, so this was probably recent event.

The "It" is referring to the lower of the three ($8.64) trans-axle mount bolts. Now everything was still humming along nicely even though it was missing; however, after failing to avoid ONE pothole when the light was playing tricks on me, there was a pronounce THUNK and then things got bad. Whenever I applied power from the engine, the manual shift lurched forwards. First, Third and Reverse would not even stay in gear but for a moment to get things moving. I limped along home up/down miles more of graveled roads out of the wilderness to roll into a dealer and find that missing the support of the lower bolt, the middle bolt tore the top of the transmission clear off - it was hanging there by a single bolt & the engine. There should be no reason for one of these bolts to be missing in the first place, but it is horrific that now I have to replace the $1881.00 transaxle (dealer price for just the parts).

Thankfully I didn't require a tow out of the wilderness, but I did have to tow it 340 miles home (thanks U-Haul!). It is sitting peacefully in my garage waiting for me to pull it apart. Sounds like I'll be doing a clutch, timing belt & strut and brakes while I'm at it... and then just before we left I get the Recall Notice about the ignition issue. UGH! Even still, I'm pretty happy with that little car... Now to get to work.

Original review: July 26, 2014

I bought my 2011 in January 2013 and with me living in Las Vegas I need the air conditioner. But when I have it on 2 or 3 I have no power. When I get ready to take off it seems as though the car is off - then it strains or jumps into gear or gets speed so I can only really drive it in the winter.

Original review: July 24, 2014

I have a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo hatchback. I used to drive a 1999 Camaro and my dad got me a new car because he wanted me to be safe. HAH! This is the most unsafe car I have ever driven. I have had it for 5 years only 50,000 miles and one day on the freeway going 70 mph my car just stopped accelerating no matter how hard you pressed the acceleration. I was in the fast lane with the shoulder on the other side (full tank of gas) and my car was coming to complete stop I was able to dodge and weave and made it to the shoulder where it then sped out of control without me even stepping on the gas. The scariest moment of my life. I ended up in a median ditch and refused to drive my car anymore.

I got it towed and had it looked at. What a joke my warranty had expired a month before. Repairs would cost me $1200. Awesome. I asked the guy what was wrong. He said "faulty parts" - faulty parts almost killed me. Cool. Paid the $1200 and my car still does not feel normal. If I could roll it into a lake and never see it again I would be so happy. Biggest waste of money. Life threatening. And I see MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY other people with the same exact complaint. Looks like Chevy is okay with having a car on the road that may kill their customers and they are completely fine with them footing the bill. I don't mind paying for Labor, but why a customer is at fault for their "faulty part" that almost killed me and many others is outstanding. Completely disgusted with this company. Family has had over 7 Chevrolet vehicles all been fine. This one obviously has problems and they don't care at all. DISGUSTING!

Original review: July 11, 2014

I bought a 2007 Chevy Aveo 5 LS brand new in 2007. Six months after purchasing it, it began having what the dealership said was a "throttle body" issue. My car is stick, so when I let off the clutch in any gear, it stutters really bad, almost like it's not getting enough gas. Chevrolet has issued multiple service bulletins about this issue, but it has never been correctly repaired since they can't seem to build a part that actually works. My car was repaired 9 times. The last time I brought it to the dealership, they said I had to pay for the repair to the tune of over $1000 and when I refused, seeing as they had "fixed" fixed my car previously, they said I'd have to take it up with GM. So I did. Two weeks later they made a decision that they'd fix the car, but I had to pay the deductible for the extended warranty. They replaced the throttle body assembly again and within 6 months it started to stutter all over again. I didn't even bother taking the car back, because obviously they can't fix whatever is wrong with it.

Until I purchased this car, I was a lifelong GM driver. My Grandfather worked for GM for over 40 years. It's unfortunate how quickly one bad instance can turn you on a brand for life. I'll never buy another GM, not just because of the problems with the car, but how I was treated by GM even after they knew I bought that car on an employee account. Shame on you, GM. Shame on you.

Original review: July 6, 2014

In May, I was traveling down a highway about 60 miles an hour and my car just stopped. The engine was still running but there was no "juice". Pushing on the gas did nothing. I pushed the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it finally made a connection. The car ran fine for about a week, then it did the same thing. It doesn't matter if I'm driving fast or slow it will do this when it decides to. I took the car to a Chevrolet dealer to have it fixed and nothing shows on the computer and the repairman could not get the car to do it for them. They kept it three days and nothing. Two days after I got it back, it did it. Now the car is like it's missing out at random and sometimes it get like a burst of energy and jumps of its own accord. This car started doing this at 27,000 miles. This is not right. What can we do? It is now July and the warranty ran out May 26, 2014.

Original review: July 1, 2014

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo at Southbay Honda in December 2011. I went there to get a Honda Civic but only qualified for the Aveo. Before I got home the car was heating up. Chevrolet replaced engine as oil was leaking into the engine. Later in 2012 I had to buy a wheel as it bent... trunk leaks water to the inside every time I wash the car. Hoses needed replacing one time when I was picking up my grandchildren from school. Car heated up and was smoking. Towed it to the mechanics. Heater or fan doesn't go on at #1 only #2 and up and that's too hot. Air conditioner isn't working for the last two years. Mechanic thinks it's an electrical problem but he needs to check it first. It would cost $100 which I don't have. I'm a senior on a fixed income. Lemon law can't do anything. I asked. Would you be able to help? I would like a replacement car. Thank you.

Original review: June 22, 2014

This car, purchased new in 2009, has only 6000 miles on it. The hatch has to be slammed shut, dealer unable to fix. This causes inside light to stay on and drain battery. Now, no brake lights for heaven only knows how long we've been driving that way. Battery swelled up and had to be replaced after 4 years. Battery mysteriously drains, not from hatch light, not sure the cause - happens intermittently. Seems like a lot of electrical problems for such low mileage. For a car so cheaply constructed, the sticker price should be at least $3000-$4000 lower. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Original review: June 22, 2014

I purchased A 2007 Chevy Aveo right off the showroom floor, top of the line model at the time. And for the first 4 years I was quite satisfied with the car. However I had a head on collision in the car in 2011 and the way the car looked I thought it was a right off, however because my airbags did not go off and the repairs were just over $4000 they repaired my car, but I had to bring it back 3 times because the repairs weren't done properly or something that should have been repaired were not. Since then I have had to do the brakes twice, the wheel bearings, radiator, stabilizer link and in the last year my daylight indicator has not been coming on which means no daylights. This happens at least 4 to 5 times a week. I smell something burning and for the past 3 years when I take my key out of the ignition, it is so hot to the touch it burned me. Now with this recall it all makes sense but I have not had no letter regarding my car. Not sure what is involved with repairing the car but everyone says I'm on borrowed time with 197,000 km on the car currently.

Original review: June 13, 2014

I purchased my vehicle in 2010 right off the showroom floor. My vehicle has less than 100,000 miles, less than 4 years old and the compressor in the air conditioner went out. While most everything else is still within warranty, the cooling system is not covered at any time. It also has to be ordered and fixed by the dealer to a tune of almost $ 800.00.

Original review: June 8, 2014

If you experience a problem in your manual gearbox in Chevrolet Aveo just refill the brake fluid box with DOT 3 high quality oil and the gearbox will become smoother. Make this procedure twice a year.

Original review: June 4, 2014

Last year the instrument panel was lighting up like a Christmas tree. I took it the dealer, they said it was a fuse box and it would cost $900 and would need to be special order. I want to know if everything worked, they said yes. Didn't have $900.

Original review: May 15, 2014

Replaced timing belt 2x on my 2007 Aveo with 128k miles on it. The ac is out. I have put about 5K into this car in the 3 years I have owned it on top of the sales price and have not been happy with the car at all. I have been stranded 2x after dark.

Original review: May 15, 2014

Bought the car brand new from a dealer for my daughter. When she was driving home from work on the freeway, loses power, will not accelerate and overheating. Told her to pull off freeway, let it cool down, take back roads home. Next day took it to dealer. No coolant in it. They fill it up, check for leaks, can't find anything wrong. Tell her to drive it to see if happens again. She was not comfortable with that as she was now scared of the car. The mechanic was nice enough with her permission to drive the car to his home and return with it the next day. Said the car drove home like a dream. But on his way back to work the next day, lost power on freeway and overheated. No coolant. I thank him for caring as my daughter lives out of state and drives for work. He found the problem, crack in cylinder allowing the coolant to evaporate. 3000.00 dollars later. Thank goodness, we had the extended warranty. Car is running nicely. I appreciate him going the extra mile and caring as all diagnostics said nothing wrong.

Original review: May 11, 2014

2010 Aveo loss of power - Problem started with cylinder misfire. Replaced spark plugs with no effect. Then replaced coil pack which solved the misfire. Problem was, the misfiring cylinder let raw gasoline get to the catalytic converters which caused them to plug up, which caused the power to seriously drop off. This meant you would have to rev up the engine very high to get it to shift gears. It could take two blocks to get up to 35 mph. Took to dealer and they replaced one catalytic converter and told me it was fixed. I picked it up and drove 1/2 mile and saw it was doing the same thing. I took it back and they replaced a second converter which solved the problem. That's right, the car has two catalytic converters.

Chevy Aveo Company Information