3.9/5 (590 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Shortly after I got the car the brake booster went out. They supposedly fixed it. I am still having problems with it. Took it back to have it looked at again and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I'm still experiencing problems with the same brake booster and I don't know what to do. They say there's nothing wrong with it but obviously there is. Sorry but there is nothing good to say about this car!

Resolution response: May 14, 2022

Gunn Responded and fixed the problem due to the problem did not ever go away. Come to find out it was a pinhole in the exhaust close to the engine that continued to sound like it was still my lifters ticking. This was a learning experience for me and I believe for Gunn too. but now my vehicle sound and runs the way it should. Thank you Gunn for not giving up on me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It no coincidence that owning two GM Trucks with the same 5.3 engines has failed on me. 1st 2011 Tahoe camshaft failed due to oil consumption. 2nd 2016 Truck Ticking due to the lifters went bad from the AFT. Chevrolet has bulletin not known to the public and will not fix these problems. Had I not had extended warranties I would be hit with the cost and GM known about this defects among their engines.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I don't have much experience on this company, but I once used their vehicle and I felt very safe when driving it. Hope to know more on what the company is doing soon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

For a 2019 Camaro rs. 1 drl is out. Chevy needs to replace the full light. $1800.00 for a light. American. Foreign here I come. I see why they are not selling. Gouging for a light. It's a safety device.

Original review: July 8, 2021

We purchased a brand new Chevrolet Tahoe from Koon’s Chevrolet of White Marsh, MD in 2018. It now has 31,000 miles on it. We drove an hour to this dealership multiple times even though we could’ve bought 1 closer to home because we had loyalty to the sales person who spent all of the time with us. There was nothing better about the price etc. With owning our own business we understand the importance of time & commission.

As of June 30th, it had 3 issues:

1. Air conditioner was not working.
2. Thump sound coming from under drivers side area when driving

3. Peeling paint on an area where bumper meets side panel

We drove it out of town for the 4th of July holiday & the AC wasn’t working. I called & scheduled service on July 5 for a July 8 appointment. I explained to guy in service what the issues were & that I had tried to take it for the paint to another dealership closer to home & they advised that I would need to go to a dealership with a body shop & that Koon's had 1 since that is where I had bought the car so when I made the appointment I notified of them of all of this & requested a loaner car since it would probably be a couple of day fix if it was paint related. They said OK & transferred me to the call center to make the appointment. I mentioned many times that I expected these things to be covered under warranty. At no time did anybody say they wouldn’t be or that my car was out of warranty.

My husband takes the morning away from our business to drive the car an hour away for the services. Upon arrival at Koons, without even trying to be helpful or offering other avenues the service advisor (Charlie) was immediately snarky & couldn’t wait to tell my husband that the car was out of warranty & we would have to pay for the loaner & diagnostic fee & that any repair would be out of pocket because we were 11 days out of warranty even though mileage was low. When I made the appointment we were 3 business days out of warranty. This immediately upset us. My husband said, "Isn’t there anything you can do?" And the advisor said, "No you’ve never even used us before why would I help you." Which actually is inaccurate.

Koons repaired things on our car & did an oil change or two. However a car with 31,000 miles shouldn’t need many services so of course we hadn’t used you for anything else why would we. So here we are the first time we really need assistance after buying a very expensive car from Koons & we are treated this way. We own a business that deals with warranties and manufacturers nonstop. We have to service & warranty units that we did not install. We’ve made exceptions for customers. We always go above & beyond. We have a 5 star rating. Chevy does the same. Nobody even ever offered to try & help us or call GM or anything.

As a Cadillac owner I know the lengths that my local dealership has went through for me even though I did not buy the car through them. So I told my husband to ask for the manager & try to get the same level of service that we’ve had with our prior vehicle through Cadillac. While he did that I called Chevy. I spoke with a great advisor & received a case ID & filed my complaint. I got everything taken care of on the phone with somebody that we had not spent a dollar with. That’s customer service.

Meanwhile my husband is wasting time debating the level of customer service we deserve with your manager (Dan) after having quite the discussion with your advisor. The advisor was arrogant & unhelpful. The manager wasn’t very helpful either but at least he wasn’t that arrogant & rude. My husband drove the car back to our local dealer who picked up the case & fixed everything & helped us get it covered. Yes the dealership that we did not give the business of a car sale to was the one that ended up helping us so guess who gets our business going forward. Jeff D’Ambrosio that’s who. Koons dealership isn’t even a 1 on the scale, it’s -5. Probably the worst customer service I’ve ever had from a car dealer or mechanic shop anywhere.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I got a Chevy Equinox back in 2019. Never owning one was nervous but soon found out it was one of the better vehicles I have owned, normal maintenance was always done, ran awesome, also I was hit on the side and that vehicle took a good amount of force, the equinox has very good safety in them also, it was eventually totaled due to damage, was very sad when I heard that, already getting another one, I do alot of camping and you can fit so much different size stuff in one, I love those SUVs and everyone I have known to have one say the same thing. They loved theirs.

Original review: May 28, 2021

The truck is full of problem. I bought my truck with few miles. The transmission went off at 80,000 miles. The radio stop working, black screen, no sound. The door locks stop working, not able to use the remote to lock or unlock the doors. Very frustrated experience.

Original review: April 23, 2021

The A pillars are warped, I need to replace TMPS sensors again, the overhead center console fell and fuel filler neck failed. All of this has happened within the last 60 days. I will complain about this until I have to opportunity to ask management at GM if they care so much about their customers and products why would they allow such a piece of garbage be manufactured? Let alone be sold?

I've spent the better part of the last year fighting and beating cancer yet I can't beat a poor piece of crap truck. I've owned this truck since new less than 3 years and documented all of the service and maintenance completed and all has been completed before the manufactured recommended intervals yet this junk truck is falling apart. A 48K piece of garbage. To say I'm disappointed is a understatement.

Original review: April 7, 2021

To start I love Chevrolet. Well I did. I have literally owned 15 Silverados from 73 to my 2019 and by far I am more disappointed in spending 50k on a z71 truck than anyone of my old ones. I drove through 1ft of water and it took out my engine. Some may say it's my fault just like the dealer. However if you advertise a truck let alone a 4x4 z71 offroad addition it should be able to handle some water. I have had plenty of my old truck in 3ft of water/mud and kept going like champions. A lifetime of driving chevys and I still just can't believe this. And I'm stuck with the bill. Absolutely horse crap. Besides all the recalls that are going on with starts and rear windows leaking.. Chevy needs to start taking pride in their vehicles again.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Fraudulent sales. In late October I purchased a vehicle from Herb Easley Chevrolet in Wichita Falls. I found the car online. I talked to a salesman and we reached a deal. The deal was 3%+ interest, 300+ per month for 60 months. I was out of town. The salesman mailed me the papers to my job site. When I received them, the note was for 72 months. My wife texted the salesman and said that was not what we agreed on. We wasn’t buying the car for 72 months. The salesman stated it was a financial department mistake.

When we come to get the car, the papers will be for the 60 months. We show up to sign the papers and get the car. The financial guy had the papers printed out. I looked at them and they were correct and then I signed. They were as stated above for the 60 months. He went to put the papers in a folder and said he was out of folders, for us to go with the salesman and have him show us about the car while he found one.

After the salesman showed us the car, another salesman brought us the paperwork in the folder. I never looked at it again. I went to pay it off and the bank said the note was for 72 months. This is what I claim the dealership did. They had the 72 months paperwork, then, they printed another paper with the 60 months as well. They showed me the 60 month one. I did not calculate the 60 month and the payment to see what it totals. The totals were the same on both contracts. Like everyone else, I just paid attention to the monthly payment and amount of payments.

Once signed, they shredded the 60 month one and put the 72 month in my folder they had to go look for. This is all possible because they don’t have financial contracts that are put together. They use single page typing paper. I told the dealership I could show her exactly how they did it. She claimed their dealership would not do that. Strange that both employees somehow don’t work their anymore and they are under new management since I was in there. It’s not rare salesman come and go, but the financial guys usually stay a long while. I strongly recommend you not shopping at this dealership and I hope General Motors will investigate as well when I notify them.

- [ ]

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I purchased a new Chevrolet for reliability and to transport my family. I've had it for 2 months and 2k miles and it's been nothing but a nightmare and headache. It's been at a dealership 3 different times for multiple days at a time and I've been given no loaner. So now instead of me being able to provide transportation for my family back and forth to school I'm unable to do that. This is absolutely ridiculous and horrible. I chose a new GM vehicle over your competitors and it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I would not recommend this company. All the GM support advisors do is schedule appointments, they don't care about your concern, nor do they care to get to the bottom of the actual problem. I've had my 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV for a year and a half now and Have had lots of electronics problems. They tell me they can't use a video to fix the issue that if it's not malfunctioning at the time when it's at the dealer, they won't fix it. Of course the car comes out of its bumper to bumper warranty by mileage and the entire infotainment fails and the other issues I've complained about will finally get fixed at my extended warranty's expense and my $100 deductible.

I call to speak with a senior advisor, they don't call back, they don't call when you tell them to call and will do what they want, when they want. This is the worst car company I've ever had the displeasure of doing business with. I've had Hondas, Fords, VWs and Chevy and Chevy has been the worst ownership experience ever.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I come from a family that prided itself on owning Chevrolet trucks – trucks that ran for 200K+ miles. That came to an end for me today. I own a 2016 Suburban LT that's used as our primary family vehicle. At just over 64K miles, the car started to show signs of a delayed shifting between P, R, and D. It would hesitate and then jump into gear. The vehicle would also shake when on the highway and shifting between gears. The dealer first suggested re-programming the transmission and a fluid flush at a cost of $700, but the symptoms persisted. Upon further investigation by the transmission technician, I was presented with a price of $7,000 to replace the transmission with a remanufactured one.

Visibly frustrated, the dealer suggested that I could approach GM about cost sharing of the repair, but only after performing a tear down of the transmission which was another $1,500. The dealer suggested that they needed to tear down the transmission so that they could identify precisely what went wrong and then report back to GM via a software application (not person to person interaction). Also, how convenient for GM and the dealer to have my vehicle taken apart before presenting me with a cost sharing proposal. GM already knows that the transmission needs to be replaced - and after it's replaced, the broken transmission is sent back to GM to be remanufactured and sold to another dissatisfied customer whose transmission has failed because of poor mechanical craftsmanship.

After several conversations with GM's Sr. Advisor and a Supervisor, which knew very little about transmissions or repairs in general, I was told that they would not consider any cost sharing until the tear down was performed - and it was my full responsibility to pay the $1,500 for tear down. So, before even knowing the full cost of repairing the vehicle, I need to pay $2,200? GM doesn't need the transmission torn down to address my issue. The Sr. Advisor and Supervisor should have had autonomy to escalate and do what’s right – which is be highly empathetic; own the mechanical flaw in craftsmanship; problem solve with me; and tell me that they’ll pay a certain percentage of the total repair cost to replace the transmission with one that’s been remanufactured.

But, they didn’t do that; they didn’t stand by their product or their customer commitment. To me, it’s disgusting to see on GM’s website that they "pride themselves on ensuring an exceptional ownership experience”. It’s a poor product and terrible company – that’s why they reduced the power train warranty from 100K in 2015 to 60K in 2016 – and have a class action lawsuit against them on the Yukon XL (not sure why Suburban is not on here, but will investigate). Ford may not be any better, but that’s where I’m headed – and that never would have happened had GM stood by their craftsmanship issue and done everything that they could have to satisfy me as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Lies! Do not let them pull your credit! The General Manager Chevrolet Jim ** on the River in Tulsa, informed me that they work with all types of credit and that he was certain with a my 560 credit score he could get me in a car. He lied, the car lot stated I needed a co-signer and would have to trade in my current vehicle on top of that. That’s with $2,000 down all for an $18,000 vehicle. Also when the pulled my credit, as to what they called as a “soft hit” turned into 5 inquiries all from my application with them. I would not only NOT recommend them, I will advocate against any potential buyers from even contacting them.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I LOVE my 2013 Sonic Hatchback, but I HATE CHEVY MARKETING!!! I've tried for 7 years to get off their mail list and they ignore EVERY Request!!! I've already stopped using their service dept. I am SO SICK on getting their "Certified Service" mailings and they won't stop. I've tried opting out by calling GMC, The Dealer and using the gmcontactpreferences dot com, but these arrogant jerks have ignored my requests for 7 YEARS!!! What a waste of paper. I am sure I scared the crap out of the last person to answer when I called AGAIN to get off the mailing list. I'm selling a car I love, and switching to Honda!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Chevrolet Beat is one of the best car in terms of pick up, mileage and road grip. It's very smooth car compared to my other Maruti and Honda cars. Very much suitable for small family and long drive. Beat never cheats in the road, and chances of accident is almost nil. Very good engine, and I hope GM will relaunch its products in India.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My Chevy Colorado had been totaled for a vehicle fire, truck almost killed me. There was no apparent reason why it happened, so most likely a product defect. There is a recall on 2018 Chevy Colorado's, a fuel pump failure, which increases the cause of fire in fuel line. According to the fire report from the fire department, the cause of fire was fuel tank/fuel line. Apparently my Colorado was not part of this recall but maybe should have been based on what happened. To be sure, I wanted GM to investigate their vehicle, seeing as how it was less than 2 years old, bought brand new off the lot, only 17k miles. They stated that because my insurance company has it, that they will not look at it.

My insurance company is fully willing to let them investigate it, but that means nothing to them. They stated that I would have had to call them before my insurance company in order for them to investigate and have a claim open. To me this is less about the claim and more about the fact that the vehicle caught fire while I was driving, no apparent reason why. It also feels like they are 2 separate issues. This is a safety issue that they need to address, and their only response is "we"ll log the issue". My insurance company hasn't been much help either. If GM is producing Trucks that are a hazard on the road, they need to do something about it rather than "log the issue". No further efforts have been made on their part to help me, I have not been treated like a loyal customer but rather a nuisance and just a number. Worst customer experience ever.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Own the Chevy Bolt for less than 6 months. Hatch window shattered for not apparent reason. Turning in an intersection, so no other vehicle passing. I took the car back to Jenner Chevrolet in Victoria, BC thinking this was a faulty window. I was informed they will not replace it even though there is no evidence of impact or damage to the window to warrant the window to shatter.

The Jenner's repair and parts manager told me the side and back windows are designed to shatter with any impact for safety reasons! He then proceeded to inform me that a small sliver of porcelain dropping on the window could cause it to shatter. He refused to contact Chevrolet to enquire if this will be covered, or report the incident. Told me that would be up to me to report this. So I am assume if this is how Chevy designs their windows to shatter with minimal impact, I don't think I would feel safe placing a toddler in the car in case they decided to tap on the windows and have it shatter in their hand. Initially I was accepting of the poor ride and comfort of the Bolt (poor suspension and uncomfortable seats), but I don't think I would recommend this vehicle to my friends or family. I was initially going to purchase a Nissan Leaf as friends has been pleased with their Leaf and has never had any issue with the Nissan dealership in Victoria, BC.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I’ve been a Chevy driver for 20+ years but will never buy another one after the one I have now. I currently have a 2013 Silverado crew cab. Not my first one but over the years that I’ve had it 2 of the handles have come off 2 different doors. I’m single and not many other people get in my truck. I’m not rough on it and it’s frustrating that this has happened twice. It’s right at $200 to have the handles replaced with part and labor. My daughter has a Suburban and 2 different handles have fallen off her vehicle, and my neighbor has a Tahoe and one of her handles fell off also. I thought it was just me but obviously it Chevrolet. Crazy!! I’m 57 and I’ve had a lot of vehicles in my many years of driving and I’ve never had this happen before. As much as these vehicles cost, they are made cheap!! Never again!!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I sold my Mercedes CLS500 to buy a VOLT, it broke my heart but I found it necessary at that time. And I like the Volt, in sports mode it will outrun anything, the mileage is great, barely needs service, but it has one big downside - propulsion problems. At any given time there's a good chance your Volt's little gas engine will start howling up like crazy, you will drive max 20 mph and sit (roll) and wait until the car gets over his "propulsion power reduced" moment... what can be very inconvenient if not dangerous on a freeway or driving up a hill. You might give it to your dealer for "software updates", as this is the only service this car needs :) But the problem will come back. Also the initial 45 miles on a battery will get less and less, mine is currently 27. How much that all annoyed me? I bought my Mercedes CLS back and now we have 2 cars that could not be any more different form each other. Guess which one I drive most....

Original review: May 24, 2020

I would give them 0 stars but they do call you and check on the issue, but they don't fix the issue. I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze LT and the check engine light recently came on so I took it to autozone and had the codes read. The code came back for a knock sensor and since I have a warranty on my car I called to check to see if it was a covered part with them and confirmed that I have 1 hour free diagnostic and the part was covered but the check engine light went off and stayed off for a few weeks. It came back on not too long ago and this time the codes reads intake airflow system performance so I just take to Chevy because at this point I am just done with the car and don't want to cause any damage driving it. The problem Is that I have been in contact with Chevy corporate for 2 months on this issue asking for assistance because if the part is something that was not covered under my warranty I didn't think I should be responsible for it. They have done nothing to help out with trying to solve the issue.

Original review: March 6, 2020

We purchased a 2016 Chevy Impala for my husband. In the 3 years we have had the vehicle, we have replaced the following items: 2 batteries, 1 starter, 1 purge valve. I am writing a review today in regards to the purge valve. Our check engine light came on and so we took it to our mechanic. The mechanic stated that the purge valve needed to be replaced, so we replaced it. 3 days after we paid for the repair, a letter in the mail came from Chevy stating the purge valve may be bad and to take it to the dealership to be replaced. Since we already replaced the valve, I applied for the reimbursement. Chevy is denying my reimbursement since it was not done at the dealership. This is the last Chevy we will ever own.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

The purchase of this SUV was record-breaking in that it was my first SUV and the newest vehicle I had ever owned. Within a year and a half I learned that GM believes that the engines in their vehicles can only be expected to last 5 years and that it is too bad, so sad that the engine in my vehicle stopped working. Anyone I spoke to found it inconceivable that a properly serviced vehicle would need to have the engine replaced at less than 100K miles.

GM believes that since I did not have one of their dealers handle the repairs for my vehicles, there is nothing they can do as only their dealership can accurately diagnosis the cause of the engine failure and due to the age of the vehicle (barely 6 years old) it is solely my responsibility. The non-GM explanation as to the cause of the engine needing to be replaced was that the number one cylinder had grenaded damaging the electrode on spark plug.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

2018 TRAVERSE VIN # ** Mileage: less than 10000 (ten thousand). Export version only. Country: COLOMBIA. Many small issues and no fix yet.

1. Shift to park. When you park the vehicle ask you to put it in PARK and it is already. Dealer is working on that as I write this thread. Tech found a recall or bulletin from manufacturer to repair or possible replacement of some parts.

2. SERVICE STABILITRACK. In many and random occasions this service light comes on and 20 seconds later goes off. When stopping at a light. Dealer unable to duplicate and no fix yet.

3. Fuel economy system, it does not work right now, and it happened twice before. Does not turn off when you stop at a traffic light. Dealer has updated software in order to remedy this issue.

4. Locking audio confirmation. When you manually lock the doors it gives you an audio or lights confirmation. It does not work anymore. Dealer looking into this issue.

5. Electric parking brake. The electric parking brake activated itself while driving in traffic. Heavy traffic situation 5 mph and the E. brake came on and stayed on. The vehicle did not move forward or backwards. Turn the engine off several times, put in parking, neutral etc etc. After 5 minutes of blocking traffic had to force the vehicle to the shoulder. Almost did not make it. Turn vehicle off and called the flat bed. While waiting 15-20 minutes later turn vehicle on and SURPRISE!!! It was fixed. MAGIC. The E brake was off and the vehicle was free. While this was going on the E Brake light (red) was on, and Service Parking Brake light (amber) was flashing all the time. Dealer did an update to the system and not sure if it will happened again. But this is the THIRD time this happened. Once at my house about six months ago but it took about 1 minute and it fix itself so I did not pay attention to it. The second time it happened to my wife at a shopping center but she left it in the lot and went back shopping and when it came out it was fixed.

The dealer down here works hand to hand to a place in Mexico (Chevrolet help center for dealers). Mexico looks at the issue and tells the tech in Colombia what to do. He does and reports to Mexico. Anyone knows anything about this? Thanks for your help....

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I’m a retired senior widow. In August 2019 I gave up my Chrysler in favour of what I thought would be an economical Chevy. I bought a new Spark. I knew within the first week that I didn’t like it. When I stepped on the gas it hesitated. The service manager told me that that is normal for the Spark. Now, January, the car is plugged in. I drive it every second day to go shopping etc. One Monday morning the car wouldn’t start. On the third Roadside Assistance call I had the car towed back to the dealership. They checked everything and told me the battery was dead and I needed a new one. I asked how that was even possible with a new car. They advised me that if I wanted the battery to stay charged I would have to drive it about an hour every second day. I’m retired! I don’t need to drive an hour anywhere!

So much for economical. So they didn’t have the required battery. They ordered one from the USA which got sent to Toronto instead of Winnipeg, or so they told me. By day ten they were telling me that they couldn’t track the battery so they really had no idea where it was. Still waiting! To summarize: I would not, nor would I recommend that anyone buy a Chevy Spark. Perhaps not even a Chevy of any kind.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

Chevy first car in 1963. Drove 1957 Chevy. Had a 1958 bel air. Had a 1972 impala. Always liked General Motors. Got a 1969 Camero after getting out of the Air Force in 1972. Never had any major break downs of any cars except accidents.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Never take the Dealership extended warranty on any car: They will do as little as possible, to the extent of blatantly making ridiculously accusations that actually insult your intelligence while looking you straight in the eye!!! They must be trained at this! Most of the time they try to insinuate that you're at fault and you should pay for the repair! Or the problem is a figment of your imagination! Not just with GMC/Chevy, Also w/ Honda. Most vehicles are built well enough to just get them pass their extended warranties! All in all my GMC 3500 extended Savanna van has given my family and I two wonderful trips From Jersey to Key Largo towing two Wave runners, Full Scuba equipment for three, Fishing poles and tackle! We removed the seat behind the front seats out to give us more room for traveling (great idea!!!). My friends l take on fishing and golf trips seats six w/ one sleeping in the rear seat!!! The one in the rear seat love it!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Customer service after purchase of car is excellent. Parts are in stock. Constant offers and rebates and freebies. Car has good safety features and drives well. I am satisfied. I know no car gets mileage listed and no car lasts forever. But this is also a USA car so I am supporting our country.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I think Chevrolet manufactures in my opinion, a decent line of vehicles. There is pros and cons to every car manufacturer and for the value Chevrolet does make a dependable long lasting vehicle. There are so many variables to that statement too that I also think it can be a toss up or luck whether yours will be included in that group of being long lasting or dependable!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

My experience driving the car was awesome. The car met every expectation. I would recommend the equinox for a family just starting out or who have two kids. Great road trip car. Very smooth ride.

Chevrolet Company Information