3.50/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Chevrolet Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2019

I bought a used Chevy Traverse from Smith Chevrolet in Laurens. This vehicle was in perfect condition to the eye. SALESMAN SAID BEST USED VEHICLES HE HAD. At 123054 miles I had to replace the engine. After a few months the locks would just start locking and unlocking while you were sitting at an idle. Then it started running very bad so I had it put on the machine. Nothing showed up so mechanic said maybe throttle body so I replaced that. Then it would not crank. I could hear stereo and lights work but would not crank. I had it towed to Riverside in Laurens. They replaced the brain on the engine said it's running good. I picked it up. Drove back to work. When I got off it would not crank. Had it towed back to Riverside. Jay said that it had nothing to do with the new brain and he was beyond making any money on it. I paid $1099.80 for that brain so I paid for any work done.

Took vehicle back to man that put motor in. Ask him to check behind his work. Still everything is fine per the mechanic but I get it home and again it will not crank. On January 22 2019 this vehicle was towed to another shop and it is still there as of today 5/18/19. YES 4 MONTHS. I bought this vehicle for $15000 and have over $25000 in it and still can't even drive it to trade it. I Will not buy another Chevrolet. And that's sad because I think Chevrolet has some nice looking vehicles but if you cant depend on them or get them fix they are not worth having. I ask for an appointment at Newberry Chevrolet back in January before I took to this last shop but they were to call back and so far I have not heard from them with an appointment.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a 2015 Traverse LT with 25k miles on it in June 2016 from a dealerships. Now (as of April 2019) I have approximately 88k miles. It has been a complete piece of junk as compared to my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Traverse AC system broke ($600) had a partial transmission failure ($2k) rear driveshaft needed to be replaced ($1k), front suspension had to be completely replaced ($1,600)... This car is poorly made and I deeply regret purchasing it. In addition the interior is cheap and the bottom of the front seat is coming apart. Super disappointed in this car. I intentionally bought an American made car and really wish I didn’t. Chevrolet should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I purchased the 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom 4 door crew cab about 1 month ago. After seeing several of the other models and comparing the Trail Boss, the LTZ and others I went for what I thought was 1 grade below but, still above the work truck. The vehicle I wanted was being used by the dealer's fleet dept. After taking a quick peak of the outside they took the truck to clean while I went to close the deal. After a few days of driving I realized the center console did not even offer storage. The truck drives heavy and lacks some of the great features my base 2015 Ram truck offered. Last week I jumped in my friends 2018 Ford F-150 work truck and it blew my 1500 "custom" out of the water with features on the steering wheel and stereo that come standard. Chevy is nickel and diming their customers. I will never buy one again and can not wait to get rid of it!

Original review: March 18, 2019

In 2015 I bought a brand new Chevy Sonic so that I would not have to put money into a car besides maintenance. Well since the car was under 2 years old I’ve been spending thousands of dollars and 1 part breaks every year for the last 3 years and GM refuses to do anything about it. They told me it’s cover, well the part is covered. Still that’s $55 but the labor is not which is over $400 dollars.

I’ve took my car in the shop because it continuously jerks. I spent about $1400 2 shop visit plus a new purge valve which they only charge me for the part because they missed it. (This is also the same valve that has broke for 3 years straight) But they said that’s why the car was still jerking. The valve was missing. But got it home it was doing the same thing but worst so I personally called GM to do something about their brand of car. Do you think they did anything? NO they direct me back to pay another Chevy dealership $160 for another diagnosis. I will never in my life support this business and I will make sure to tell all my family and friends to never buy a Chevy.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Chevy sucks. Bought my 2016 Chevy Trax in September 2015. It's been well maintained. At the 59,000 mile mark, the steering wheel locks up and the engine powers down with no warning, ESC lights comes on and the car loses acceleration. Took it to 1 dealer who keeps it for 4 weeks when they figure it's a module. I brought it to my regular mechanic who has a relationship with another Chevy dealer so I could save on labor, they have it for ANOTHER 4 weeks. And still with the savings, it cost me $1120 for this repair on top of the $218 I paid for the original diagnostic.

I finally get the car back, have it for a day and it's the same problem! They replaced the battery, and STILL the problem is still occurring and the dealer cannot figure out what is wrong. This is Chevy's crappy product! Nothing in the normal wear and tear of car ownership should have me shelling out all this money when I bought it brand new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. I've made 3 car payments in the last 90 days and still don't have a car to drive. I WILL NEVER BUY A CHEVY AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Reported problem: Full Charge mileage range reduction from 238 plus miles to ~156 miles. Courtesy Recall ** Loss of propulsion High Voltage Battery Without Notification. Complaint: The normal vehicle range of 238 miles is reduced 35% to 156 miles. After the courtesy recall the range was further reduced another 27% to 115 miles. GM acknowledges this reduction in range but is calling it normal. When the vehicle was delivered to Jack Evans for service, I reported the issue with decreased range. I noted that I drive ~150 miles round trip for work daily, with the decreased range I was unable to use the vehicle for the intended purpose as there was insufficient margin. I feared not being able to get home. The dealer agreed that the vehicle was reporting range of 157 miles with full charge but were unable to find any issue with the battery.

They contacted GM Technical support for advice and were provided no additional information on the problem. Sarah the Service Manager at Jack Evans told me that GM tech support advised her to report the issue on the invoice as “Customer Concern Not Reproducible” and the decreased range is due to customer driving conditions and connecting my Cellphone to the infotainment system, what I am seeing is normal. After completion of the courtesy recall the vehicle was connected to a charging station, with zero miles driven. On 50-degree day the full charge range decreased from 157 to 115 miles. The Service Manager again told me this is caused by my driving style and environmental settings. The reduction in range after the service recall happened with no changes to driving or environmental settings.

I was again advised to unplug my phone from the infotainment system as this could reduce range expectations. If I did not agree with the information presented, I should contact GM Customer Care. The dealer did not report the additional service recall related range reduction to GM Tech Support. GM Customer Care Case ** called in on 2/13/2019 was escalated to a Customer Care Manager. After receiving no further contact or status I contacted GM Customer Care on 2/21/2019. I was promised a status by end of the day. With nothing heard I again contacted GM Customer Care on 2/22/2019 only to be told I would be contacted in 2 or 3 business days. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that would also take 2 or 3 business days. I contacted GM Priority Care where I was forwarded to a Customer Care Manager. I was again told there is no problem with the vehicle.

After some time reviewing the record, we determined the information I had been providing was not being documented, such as the reduction in range after the service recall. I was also told that Jack Evans service department reported no problems with the vehicle. As noted above, Jack Evans service department told me that service code was at the direction of GM technical support. My dispute with GM Customer Care is based on GM advising Jack Evans on how to report an issue then telling me there is no problem based on what was reported by Jack Evans. Further background: I drive the vehicle ~150 miles daily, charging the vehicle every night for the next day. I drive the same path every day, my environmental settings are set for 70 degrees, heated seats and steering wheel heater set to off. From April to November my typical range exceeded the estimated range of 238 miles, more likely around 300 miles.

On the coldest day (5 degrees) with headlights on the reported range was ~185 miles, after 150 miles the system reported ~50 miles to go. The decreased range of 156 miles no longer allows me to use the vehicle for my daily work commute as intended. The further range reduction to 115 miles will not allow commuter use at all. General Motors Customer telling me the range reduction is normal when I know from experience this is a significant change from routine use is not acceptable. Usage and environmental settings are no longer an issue as I can no longer using the vehicle other than for errands. When I purchased this Chevy Bolt EV there were only two vehicle manufactures making an electric vehicle with a range above 200 miles between charges, one being Tesla, the other GM. With issues being reported and ignored by GM, there is only one remaining.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have a 2013 Chevy Trax, recently I had trouble with losing power on a trip to the city. When I got to the city the check engine light came on. I checked the oil and it was down 3 litres. Which I bought and put in. I immediately brought the car to a trusted mechanic who informed me there is a special warranty on this, because it is a known problem, but I have to take it to a certified Chevy dealer to get it fixed. The problem is a PCV valve on the interchange cooler freezes off when temperatures go below -18. Well we live in Alberta so that’s a constant. Anyway because we took it to the other mechanic first the certified Chevy dealer refused to fix the problem stating, I can’t prove it. The ice is melted off. Never again will I buy any Chevy product, phoned their head office and more of the same runaround.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I only had my 2018 Chevy Trax for about 4 months when OnStar goes out. It makes my radio not function right and my volume goes full blast on its own. Chevy still hasn't come up with fix yet. This is not acceptable. They need fix it or do something to get me a vehicle that works right. The radio been replace once. Also OnStar is a very important safety feature that needs to work.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

This is a great car but the overall experience is marred by some petty greed. The car comes with the ability to remote start; check battery, location, lock unlock; etc. This all comes with a internet connection through AT&T. They want between $180 to $420 per year to keep this service active. That's absurd. My Ford provides these services free of charge. I understand that OnStar operators need to be paid but I am talking about basic tech services here. Is my car charged? When was it last driven? etc. I would love all that OnStar has to offer but I am unwilling to pay for it. Why can't Chevy provide basic informational services like Ford does for free?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

50k SUV I can’t drive - We bought a brand new 2019 Tahoe LT in late October of this year. Around 3 weeks ago we started experiencing serious electrical issues with the vehicle. While trying to leave a store, got message of “reduced steering assist drive with care”. Vehicle would not go in reverse and steering wheel would not move so it had to be towed. Vehicle was working again at dealer and Dealership couldn’t replicate issue. Had it back one day and it started doing it again so we videoed it when it wasn’t functional and it went back to dealer. It’s been in and out of shop going on 3 weeks- longer than we have even owned the vehicle. It appears there is some sort of serious electrical issue with these vehicles and we are not sure the dealer will buy it back- which is what we want. Buyer beware.

Chevrolet Company Information