3.9/5 (565 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Chevrolet

Chevrolet is an American car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and vans. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Chevrolet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chevrolet?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Purchased a Chevy trax last year and it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Good on fuel and plenty of room even for my dogs. Not a lot of truck space. I would recommend this vehicle especially to older people due to the good mileage it gets on a full tank.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I have a love fair with the Chevrolet for years because of the style of the vehicles they come out with every year. I have owned 7 different Chevrolet vehicles since I started buying vehicles. The vehicles handle very and they are comfortable and the interior is just beautiful in them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I love the mileage I get on my Chevy Cruze, and the standard safety features including the backup camera. I wish the trunk was a little bigger, and I'm not a huge fan of the new tendency towards the fancy cans of fix a flats instead of actual spare tires. I'm sure it would be great to plug a slow leak but it wasn't very helpful when I had a blow out on the freeway!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Good on gas. Cheap on repairs. Can't really complain. It's a Chevy. Probably my favorite car out of them all. Nice to drive and easy to fix. The colors are simple. I wish they would bring the Monte Carlo back. Great car. Was sad to see it go. The Camaro is ok but this one was better.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Not one problem with the vehicle over three years. Very comfortable interior and easy to use controls. The one complaint would be the rear window to small. One improvement would be the addition of a cross traffic camera as a standard.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I love my 2017 Chevy Impala. The interior and exterior are gorgeous. People are amazed how much room they have in my car, even in the backseat. What’s really amazing, though, is the size of the trunk - it’s huge! The dealer was just ok and they do keep downgrading owner benefits, such as $7.00 oil changes for life are not $7.00 anymore.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The Chevrolet Trax is a smallish car, not made for two full size people. And I would recommend the upgraded seats. With that being said it is a strong runner, great gas mileage (I'm getting 27 to 30 mph, running up and down the mountains in Colorado) and the all wheel drive is has done well in snow up to 18" so far this year. Overall I am pleased with my purchase.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

While my Tahoe was a little pricey, I absolutely love it! I have owned Chevys most of my life; Camaros, Z-28s, Chevelle Malibu, Impala. Prior to buying my Tahoe, I had a couple of "non Chevy" automobiles. However, my favorite T.V. show is Criminal Minds, and I wanted a car just like the ones they drove. I kept my eye out for a good deal on a Tahoe, so I could own my "dream" car, and, finally saw it as I passed by a Chevy dealership. I popped into the lot, test drove it and "that's all she wrote". I trust Chevys, so there was no research needing to be done! It has so many features, that even today, I still find things extras on this car that I didn't know I had. I feel very safe and secure driving it!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

So I just bought a 97 Chevy Lumina with about 86,000 miles on it and my ** made the mistake of mixing the original red coolant with the standard green coolant you get literally everywhere. Now my coolant is the outside weather and I have to drain that crap out and replace it with the green stuff since it is apparently safer than what the manufacturer provides. Bit of a miracle that I got a 97 Lumina under a hundred thousand miles in 2019 so I'm not going to destroy it with bad coolant. With the mixture, the car now raises it's temperature rapidly at a stoplight and I'm going to have to drain that stuff before Winter's end. Fortunately the temperature quickly goes back to normal once the car moves.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

My 2015 Chevy Trax has been great! Good gas mileage, plenty of room. Not a luxury car but it runs well and does very good in our western Pennsylvania winters. I have taken it on a few long trips and was able to keep up with traffic in all conditions in various parts of the u.s. The add works fantastic without the hassle of my old 4wd. I would buy it again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Love my bolt. Easy to drive. No gas needed. Handles like a dream. Has a lot of great features especially the one pedal feature In the L drive position when you take your foot off of the excellent stir the car comes to a stop.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

My 2007 Impala has truly been a pleasure. I am a Chevrolet fan. Chevrolet is a brand that I would recommend to friends, family and friends. I have owned many cars and only one was not a Chevrolet.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We purchased a 2014 current and last style Impala to be manufactured. The Impala was driven less than 12000 miles. It is without question the finest automobile we have ever had the pleasure of driving. The ride is terrific, provides consistent 29 miles per gallon or slightly better in ideal conditions. The automobile has all the bells and whistles save factory navigation. We enjoy each and every amenities on this vehicle save one item. I'm not a real fan of low profile tires. We will soon remedy the low-profile malady by downsizing from 245 45 r19 to a 17 in wheel which will be very close in total circumference with a much higher sidewall.

This will provide a much gentler ride over bumps, bumps and road imperfections and still odometer and transmission will operate correctly. I am currently researching correct replacement wheel so as to accommodate the larger brakes on this vehicle. Offset and bolt pattern must be adhered too. I really believe in days to come current SUV fanatics will come to realize the sedan was a good buggie. For the life of me I do not understand and yet I do. What does not sell you bring off the market! So happy I was able to get one, and almost a new one, suits me. Lots of room and a joy to operate.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

The 2020 Chevy Equinox is a nice sized wagon. The ride is comfortable and the seats are great having the option to add air to your lower back for long drives. The only thing I do not like about this vehicle is that when the wind blows, it goes all over the place, especially if you have your window cracked. Overall, seems to be a good fit for my family!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

My. 2005 Chevy Silverado is asked to do many things including hauling a 3200lb camper around 7 months of the year. The truck is dependable. And I always feel safe even in heavy winds, rough mountain roads or on the Freeway.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Great car for daily driving. Very comfortable and easy to use. Don’t like the gas tank on the passenger side. Very satisfied otherwise. For driving on country roads the front sometimes drags so would like it better if it didn’t ride so low.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I love my 2014 Camaro. I love the way it handles and all the bluetooth capabilities. It has plenty of get up and go for V6, my husband and I are tall, we have plenty of legroom! The car is black, we had GM gray shadow rally stripes put on the car and it looks awesome!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

It's the best car I ever owned. The longest car I ever owned, hardly no major problems and good gas mileage. I wish they still made this one but the fact is they don't. It's been a god-send. I need a new one but that isn't going to happen. I love this car.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was ripped off. On several occasions I was told I needed work done and I asked isn't that covered under my warranty and was told no each time. A year later, a 5th time in was told the same thing, I found out all the work was covered under my warranty. I had to fight to get my money back and they did nothing extra for me for what they put me through.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I have a 2015 Captiva Sport. I bought it in 2016 with 36,000 miles. Other than replacing timing belt at 80, 000 miles, which was covered by warranty, I've only had to fix a power window. I now have over 97,000 miles and am happy with the reliability of this vehicle. I'm an Uber driver and this car gets lots of usage.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I think my car has good value, but it doesn’t stand up to other Asian and European auto makers. The quality of my car has diminished greatly in the years I’ve had it. I’ve had to do many repairs on it and they have been very costly. In comparison my mom bought a Mitsubishi the same year as me and hers has had minimal repairs.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

My 2016 Chevy Sonic LT is a really good stable Vehicle. That year specific is the best model and configuration. The MyLink Radio is wanting as it does not have Android Auto... It was the only MyLink that year that did not get the new system. But all in all the sound is amazing. Control above and beyond. Windshield curve is an issue with rain but driving is safe. AAA+

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

We love our new Chevrolet Equinox! Just the right size. Rear seats fold up or down easily. Love the push button back door. Love our internet service. We feel safer with all our safety features such as all the cameras and blind spot notification. Would highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I currently have a 2004 Silverado 1500, a "dream" of many years. Aside from the general maintenance of any vehicle (breaks and the likes) this truck is AMAZING! I give, as an example: about a year ago, I was about 50 miles from home when the coolant line sprung a leak! I'd noticed a small puddle under the vehicle when I came out of the store where I'd been shopping, but thought it was condensation. On the drive back, through some rather rural area, I noticed a slight increase on the temperature gauge so I drove with care not to over-exert the engine. Taking the truck immediately to the mechanic, they opened the reservoir for the coolant to find it completely dry!

Repairs were made and subsequently I learned that these vehicles have a "protection" against over-heating! It saved my day, my purchases, my sanity, to be sure. This truck, even at its age, has been a blessing, helping me move house, hauling brush and wood, it's amazing in snow, and I live in a mountainous region in Northern New York state where Winters can be quite brutal. As for the rating given about the cost, quite honestly, I find the cost of motor vehicles these days to be rather unreasonable over all. But even for the basic Silverado, I would say, considering the peace of mind and safety, I've experienced with mine, the price is "reasonable." Could be better (lower of course), but as is: perfectly reasonable. I recommend the model to everybody, even those who think trucks are out of their personal style. Drive one, you'll be stuck forever.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I bought my car used. It was in good shape and had low mileage. I really like the pick up. It has being turbo charged. The dashboard has everything you need right there in front of you. The back up camera comes in handy also.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Driving a 2019 Chevrolet Impala has been a mixed experience. It had a very smooth and comfortable ride. The seat, which appeared to be ergonomically designed, actually hurt my back after a few minutes. The transmission generally was efficient and smooth, but without warning occasionally jerked or failed to accelerate sufficiently from a stop. The arm rest on the console was too high and my elbow hit it every time I made a right turn. And the driver's side mirror was huge and blocked my forward vision when I made a left turn. Overall a seemingly good car that I'll never buy.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I'm 65 years old and have owned nothing but Fords. This is the first Chevrolet I have ever purchased. If I had only known what I was missing all these years! I love this truck, I'll NEVER go back to Ford. Not even if it's free!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I bought a brand new 2016 Silverado in 2016 and have put 72000 (highway) miles on it. Took it into my local Chevy dealership because of a transmission shudder and whine right before shifting to the next gear. Torque converter is failing sending metal shavings through my transmission and destroying it. A bill of greater than 5500 for this transmission is absurd but not as crazy as a 3 year old transmission failing. Must be why they lowered the drivetrain warranty from 100k to only 60k. Have been a Chevy guy all my life, now looking into other brands due to their lack of standing behind a crap product.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I got this car from my mother who passed away and it has been awesome. I will never get rid of it even if it stops running. It was my mom's. Some things mean more than anything. I feel she is watching over me when I drive this car.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

We have purchased Chevy vehicles for at least 10 years. We have never had a complaint about any of our vehicles. The new innovations from the power plant, to the look and style of the vehicles has always been an eye catcher. We look forward to our next vehicle and the way things are looking by the time we are ready they will be flying Chevy's.

Chevrolet Company Information