Get Started

2. Automotive
  3. Car Buying Sites

3.1/5 (562 ratings)

About Carvana

Carvana is an online vehicle retailer that sells used cars, trucks and SUVs. Customers can browse its vast inventory, purchase a car with cash, receive financing or trade in their existing vehicles. Carvana certifies all of its vehicles and provides a guarantee for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. CarvanaCare and Carvana Gap Coverage provide additional protection against damage and theft.

Pros

• 7-day money-back guarantee
  • Convenient online process
  • Wide selection

Cons

• No delivery to Alaska or Hawaii
  • No price negotiation

Bottom Line

Carvana provides a quick and simple online process for buying used cars. Customers can have their vehicles delivered or picked up. The company takes away the stress of visiting multiple dealerships.

Carvana Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: May 3, 2021

The process as a whole was super easy. The longest thing was figuring out what vehicle I wanted. Once I got that it didn't take long at all to figure out the trade in value for my car (which was very fair) & get a finance option. I feel my interest rate is a little high, but overall a pretty fair price for the payment & how much the car was worth. There are a few issues with the jeep but Carvana has done everything in their power to make it right. It was a different process dealing with the warranty company but once I got it figured out (who pays who when and for what) it was pretty streamlined. The garage I'm using said Silver Rock (warranty company) takes their time with payment of repairs but we shall see how that goes. Overall it was a pretty good experience & one I would recommend.

Original review: May 3, 2021

The process was fast and easy. I had some minor issues which were handled By Jefferson ** in a fast and professional manner. Buying online is a great way to purchase a vehicle and I was given a great offer for my trade.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Trading in our vehicle to Carvana was the best decision we’ve ever made regarding car shopping! The company’s team was very professional and we always knew exactly what to expect. Joe and Tennessee (Fred) that delivered our new Honda were absolutely fantastic, giving plenty of info about the new car as well as detailing exactly how the process would go. They were in and out within an hour and it couldn’t have been smoother!

Original review: May 1, 2021

The whole process from beginning to end was so easy. The only negative thing I would I have to say is that I was expecting the car to be cleaned/detailed a little better. Other than that, no complaints.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: April 29, 2021

My husband is in another state working and could not be present for Carvana pickup. They have a copy of his driver's license. They would not accept a power of attorney. Have no way for him to sign electronically. I even suggested FaceTime with him when the representative came to pickup. Cannot complete sell.

Carvana response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your car selling experience. We are extremely sorry for the hassle we have caused in order for you to sell your vehicle to us. We would like to apologize regarding any inadvertent miscommunication and for your experience that transpired, as our goal is to create a seamless process for our customers. The proper teams have been notified of your experience to hopefully prevent it from occurring again. Nonetheless, thank you for your patience and for working with our team to get everything completed. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Great vehicle but the process was horrible. Contacting them over and over was a nightmare. No one calls you back, of course they all say they will. The process is hell, but the vehicle was everything they claimed it was.

Carvana response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Here at Carvana, transparency and reliability are paramount to the overall customer experience. We would like to apologize regarding any inadvertent miscommunication and for your experience that transpired, as our goal is to create a seamless process for our customers. We will also use this as a learning opportunity to better our customer service and ensure our advocates are being thorough on each call. We can assure you that we have passed on your feedback to our management team regarding your experience communicating with our advocates. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns by calling us at 1-800-333-4554. Thank you for choosing Carvana.

Original review: April 29, 2021

First of all the delivery men communicated very well with me. However, within 10 minutes of test driving the check engine light came on. Immediately called tow truck to have it taken in to be looked at. I was now in my 7 day time frame to return truck if not satisfied. On the 7th day service was completed in my truck and time was up to make sure I wanted to keep the truck! Service was being completed by one of Carvana’s 100 day warranty providers.

Carvana response

We are so sorry to hear that your experience with us has been less than exceptional. Carvana appreciates you taking the time to leave your honest review so we can continue to improve our process. A 150 point inspection is completed on every vehicle to ensure it meets our high-quality standards and we apologize if you are experiencing mechanical issues so soon after your purchase. We are happy to hear that you are working with our warranty provider SilverRock to address your concerns. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at (800) 333-4554.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Submitted documents from the dealership and extensive photos to the Carvana repair department. Was told the ball joints were so severely rusted and that the mechanics at the Jeep dealership touched the pipe and it fell apart. Told me I should return the vehicle. I called them the day gave me a email stating it was surface rust! The pictures showed it clearly wasn't.

Carvana response

Carvana prides itself on providing our customers an exceptional car buying experience coupled with high quality pre-owned vehicles. We have high standards and a part of these standards is no reported accidents. We also check to ensure the vehicle does not have rust, flood, and frame damage. The last thing we would ever want to do is deliver a vehicle that does not meet this standard and we are disappointed to hear that the vehicle was presented in this condition. After reviewing your account, we are relieved to find that you have already been in touch with a specialist and we have the ball rolling on rectifying this issue. If you still have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at (800) 333-4554.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I unfortunately purchased a vehicle through Carvana and it was a huge mistake. The car was FILTHY when it arrived. Then they bungled pretty much everything from start to finish after that. Actually, it's not even finished yet because it's six months later and I am still waiting for a refund for the vehicle registration and tag they mistakenly purchased and charged me $281 for. It takes FOREVER to get through to them on the phone, and chat is utterly useless. They make promises and fail to keep them. Nobody will call you back. I've been on the the phone with them collectively for 11 hours and I still can't get resolution. They are just an absolutely awful company.

Carvana response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us in regards to your Carvana experience. Carvana prides itself on providing excellent customer service and having a streamlined car buying process. We are truly sorry that we fell short of this. Please accept our apologies for the condition of the vehicle when you received it. Part of our process not only is guaranteeing that the cars have gone through the 150-point inspection to ensure it drives as close to new as possible, but we also detail every vehicle so that it looks (and smells!) as close to new as possible. We pride ourselves on the great condition of our used vehicles and we can assure you that your experience is absolutely not excusable or typical of our process.

Carvana strives to create a stress-free car buying experience and it sounds like we missed the mark in providing a timely service to you. Being available for our customers is incredibly important to us and we are continuing to focus our efforts on improving our wait times. We take your feedback very seriously and will ensure it is passed to the proper department. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account with the name provided. Please reach out to us at (800) 333-4554 and our team of dedicated advocates would be happy to address your concerns.

Original review: April 28, 2021

To start off, my delivery was delayed for a couple weeks. An inconvenience but I push on and it gets delayed again, this time just for a few days but then again for two more weeks. Every time I was notified less than 24 hours before my scheduled delivery. At this point I was told I would receive a $200 check for inconvenience, which I never received. When the car was finally delivered a full month after my original delivery date, the key fobs did not work and the sentence was missing. At this point they passed me off to Silver Rock even though my 7 days wasn’t even up.

Silver Rock was incredibly unhelpful. I had to wait a month to get in at a dealership to get my key fobs fixed. During their inspection they found another two pieces missing and found that all the fluids needed flushing and changing. Silver Rock is refusing to cover any of these things, and made me pay for the key fobs up front and claims they will refund me. This is my first time using Carvana and it will be my last. Absolutely abysmal customer service and business practices.

Carvana response

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding your recent experience with Carvana. We pride ourselves on the quality of our vehicles and the efficiency of our customer advocates, and we apologize that in this situation we have fallen short of both. To start, we are very sorry your car was delayed. Transport delays do unfortunately happen, however we absolutely understand your frustration since the vehicle was delayed more than one day and we should have let you know sooner rather than the day before your delivery. In terms of the mechanical concerns you mentioned, all of our vehicles go through two separate inspections- our initial 150-point inspection and a second pre-delivery inspection prior to the delivery of the car. None of our vehicles should come with any mechanical issues, and we are more than happy to look into this for you to reach an amicable solution.

We apologize again for any frustrations this has caused you, and we want to ensure that you are happy with your vehicle. If we are able to improve your experience in any ways, please give us a call at (800) 333-4554.

Carvana Company Information