2.9/5 (700 ratings)

About Carvana

Carvana is an online vehicle retailer that sells used cars, trucks and SUVs. Customers can browse its vast inventory, purchase a car with cash, receive financing or trade in their existing vehicles. Carvana certifies all of its vehicles and provides a guarantee for 100 days or 4,189 miles, whichever comes first. CarvanaCare and Carvana Gap Coverage provide additional protection against damage and theft.

Pros

• Seven-day money-back guarantee
  • Convenient online process
  • Wide selection

Cons

• No delivery to Alaska or Hawaii
  • No price negotiation

Bottom Line

Carvana provides a quick and simple online process for buying used cars. Customers can have their vehicles delivered or picked up. The company takes away the stress of visiting multiple dealerships.

Carvana Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carvana?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

Did extensive research on a vehicle posted for sale on Carvana. Clean CarFax, no accidents, routine maintenance. All this was posted and advertised by Carvana, including detailed photos of every scratch. Secured an auto loan and insurance, provided everything to Carvana and on the day of delivery I get a call from the driver saying "This is a beautiful car but that is NOT the OEM bumper, and it's pink in tint, the rest of car is white". He texted me photos to verify.

100% CONSUMER DECEPTION AND FRAUD BY CARVANA. Called the bank and insurance company to cancel loan/insurance. Do yourself a favor and STEER RIGHT CLEAR OF THE FRAUD AT CARVANA!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

To make a long story short, what should have been an easy, quick selling undertaking, turned into the worst business transaction I’ve ever experienced. Let’s just say if you have a leased car to sell, do NOT go through them! Except for a couple of really good customer service reps, most of them (and, I interacted with many) do NOT know what they are doing or what is needed. It was just horrible. Getting a root canal without ** would have been a better experience. Trust me!!! Never again!

Carvana response

Thank you for your honest feedback. It saddens us to hear that you encountered some roadblocks during the selling process which created a less than exceptional experience. At Carvana, we recognize that everyone’s situation is different and apologize if our selling process lacked timeliness and clear communication. Our goal is to use your feedback to continue to improve our sell/trade-in process. We are thankful you took the time to share your personal experience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

My experience with Carvana, was horrible from start to finish, I bought a car that was in an accident, though they say they don't sell damaged cars that are in accidents, mine was! It was verified through a detail company. Customer service was disorganized & never could get my information correct? The follow-up was poor or there was none. Six months of headaches with this company. They delivered it late, dirty & it went downhill from there! I couldn't deal with this company any longer & tried to sell the vehicle back to them & once again they didn't follow-thru with what they needed to do & it actually created chaos with my finance company, Bridgecrest, which is their finance company.

After days of getting nowhere with them, I sold their vehicle to Honda, who made the process very easy for me. Bravo Honda Motor Company, you saved me, from this Sad Experience all around! In the end....because of Carvana, I also lost about $5000.00, in dealing with them, and many headaches along the way & mental distress beyond belief! DON'T GO THERE!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

We sold a car through Carvana and it was the smoothest, easiest and most satisfying experience we've ever had. The online process was smooth and simple. It was easy to upload the necessary documents. We were able to schedule the pick up of the vehicle and the transfer of title and receipt of payment was done seamlessly. Johny from Carvana was professional and friendly upon pick up. In addition, we received over Kelley Blue Book value of the car! I am recommending Carvana to everyone I know!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

The concept of buying a used car on the internet is a good idea but I had a very frustrating experience. The vehicle I picked to purchase was not the vehicle I received. The photos don’t always match the description. I could not get anyone to listen to my concerns. I was forwarded to a resolution department and the supervisor sent me a rude email and then blocked me from any capability to respond. I was purchasing a Toyota Tacoma that according to the photo, description, and the CarFax report had 34,450 miles on it. The vehicle they delivered was not listed anywhere on the website and was dirty outside. Also it only had 10,300 miles on it.

Having talked to multiple customer service reps that could not explain the mess and being disrespected by the resolution team supervisor (along with communication ability being cut off by the team supervisor) I did some more research and was surprised at what I found. The first vehicle Carvana delivered was a Toyota Tacoma I wanted but with the low mileage should have cost $5000 more than the original one I had picked out. Then I read on the internet that upon delivery to the original Toyota dealership, some of them would put a $3000 package on a few vehicles called the “Predator” package the included an off road package with custom wheels and Goodyear all terrain tires. Then Carvana called me and asked if I wanted to pick another vehicle and I said that I would just take this one. Since I had 7 days to decide once I got it whether to keep it or not I figured I had nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

The first thing my wife and I did after it was delivered was to go over it for signs of damage since there was no proof the 150 point inspection was performed. One side had a few scratches but otherwise it was in great condition. Then I took it to my local Toyota dealer and they were able to find the history since the Carvana provided CarFax report was totally wrong except for the VIN number. The dealership put it in my name, verified the required periodic maintenance was performed, and when the next checkup was due. Also the Toyota warranty transferred over to me.

The good, the bad, and the ugly. The good was that I got a $46,000 vehicle for $39,400. The bad is customer service was oblivious to what they were selling and would not listen to my repeated attempts to tell them something was wrong on their website. The ugly was the resolution department supervisor is incompetent, rude, and almost cost Carvana a sell. My advice to a buyer is to do these things. Closely check the descriptions on as many vehicles in the model you want for add on packages, mileage price, etc. Something Carvana doesn’t tell you is that if you are referred to them by someone that purchased a vehicle and you purchase a vehicle, you get $500 off the price and the other person gets a check for $100.

If you purchase a vehicle from Carvana, you are buying it in Arizona. Their title and tag process is different than a lot of other states. I live in Georgia and 30 days is the tag process limit whereas Arizona is 90 days. The Georgia DMV since we called them looking for our tag is now going to charge Carvana a penalty and interest past 30 days. I called Carvana and they use a third party for vehicle registration and still think the drive out tag is ok.

Also when they deliver your vehicle be sure to check the windshield for dings and road induced damage because once they deliver your vehicle and leave, any windshield damage is on you (I suppose other road induced damage as well). They do not put any sort of protection on the vehicle during transport. I was lucky to come out way ahead and since I have the Toyota warranty I am going to cancel the extra warranties I put on the truck that had close to 35,000 miles that cost nearly $1800 that goes back onto my principal. The Carvana overall concept is good if you are like me and don’t like to deal with salespersons.

Carvana response

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with an update on your experience. After further review of your account, it appears we have resolved your complaint directly with you. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our process. Should you need further assistance, we ask that you give us a call or utilize the 24-hour chat and text feature found on our website. We will be happy to assist.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

After my delivery date continued to be pushed back, I finally received my vehicle. I've now had it for just over 100 days, most of which it has spent in the driveway or the shop. Within the first 30 days my transmission failed. 4 days after getting it replaced I was stranded on the interstate with an engine problem. After taking it to the dealership when no one else could help, I was told that the vehicle had the most rust they'd ever seen on this model. The 150 point inspection must have missed this small detail. The vehicle also had been previously tuned, voiding any possibility of warranty covering it, and making it impossible for the dealership to help either. I now have a very nice looking, very expensive yard ornament. And since there is not a brick and mortar location near me, I can't seem to get anything done. Don't buy from Carvana.

Carvana response

Carvana prides itself on providing our customers an exceptional car buying experience coupled with high quality pre-owned vehicles. We know that many customers select to purchase from Carvana because of the convenience, and we want to be sure that convenience is lasting far past the 7-Day Money Back Guarantee, however it seems like we missed the mark with your vehicle while completing our 150-point inspection. All of our vehicles come with a 100 day/4,189 mile warranty for an additional peace of mind, but we are very sorry for the frustration we have caused you. After reviewing your account, we do see you are working with our warranty provider SilverRock to address your concerns. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (800) 333-4554.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Carvana provided me a quick offer on my car and held it for the established time. They followed up with next steps reminders, made it very easy for me to upload my documents and schedule the pick up. They were here at the estimated time and the process of turning over my car and receiving a check as extremely smooth. The operator that came to pick up my car was very friendly and clear on what we needed to do to close the deal. Highly recommend this service!! Completely hassle-free!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I've purchased 2 vehicles, 5 month apart, from Carvana this year, one for myself and one for my husband. We financed part of one and paid for the other in full at the time of purchase. Vehicles were both exactly as expected, delivered on time, clean and running perfectly with a free 100 day warranty on mechanical issues. Carvana has been super easy to work with and timely with all of their actions regarding purchase and delivery. We are very pleased with both purchases. Bear in mind I am one of those people that said I will never buy a vehicle on the internet - but after several days of going from used car lot to used car lot and being totally disappointed with the selection and terms, I can say, this may be the only way I purchase any vehicles in the future.

It was so unbelievably easy! Carvana has a great selection and lets you know up from if there are any cosmetic issues. There are NO mechanical issues, Carvana has that all taken care of prior to your purchase and backs it up with their included 100 day warranty, giving you peace of mind you will not get buying from any used car lot. Highly recommend, You'll be glad you gave them a look.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I sold my vehicle to Carvana. The process was smooth and stress free from the online information input, to the scheduling the appointment, to the vehicle inspection, and to the receiving of payment. I would highly recommend anyone looking to sell their vehicle to consider Carvana as your buyer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I purchased my first vehicle with Carvana and I was nervous to do it online. Of course I love online buying and use Amazon all the time. Who has time to go to stores anymore. Hmmm, but a $30k car online... Well that made me a bit nervous. The one downside of Carvana is that if you don't know what you want you can't test drive. Well not completely true as you can do the 7 day test window but that still doesn't feel the same as turning in the keys and walking away. I didn't know exactly what I wanted so I still went to a couple local dealerships with my narrow list.

Once I knew which car I wanted then back to Carvana's website. They have a lot of inventory and the process went very smoothly. One piece of advice is to have all your paperwork when you are ready to pull the trigger as there is a clock to "hold your car". I did a trade in and recently moved so had to hunt for my trade in title. So while I am sure my car wouldn't have been immediately taken the "on the clock" did create some pressure. After a few paperwork follow-ups which were all easy to manage via email and their online tool I was able to easily secure the contract including my trade in.

There was a bit of pressure that you had to decide immediately whether to purchase the extended warranty. And when buying a used car sight unseen can add a bit of stress. However, I decided in for a penny, in for a pound and I wasn't going to add to the company's profits so I passed on the warranty. I grabbed an early schedule drop off and the representative arrived just on time. And the car was perfect. They do a great job making sure the car is clean and even threw in new carmats. There was ZERO hassle on the trade in. 7 days later and I'm all set and happy to know I have a few months warranty. I saved a ton by buying a used car. And overcome the fear of getting a used lemon by using Carvana. Whew, it works!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

We purchased a vehicle from Carvana in Oct 2022. We chose to get our own financing as their rates are very high even with excellent credit. The reps we dealt with pushed to have our loan closed and funds wired within 24 hrs of starting the process or you lose the appointment and potentially the vehicle. Our lender was extremely busy and it took us days to get an appointment to close the loan. As a result, our appointment was rescheduled numerous times and we had to go through the “buying process” twice. At this point we should have walked away but had been looking for this car for almost a year so decided to stick it out.

The car was finally delivered weeks later and two days after the 7 day return policy ended we started having problems. The brakes were squealing/grinding and when stopped at red lights, etc. We started to notice a sputter in the engine. This vehicle is a 2019 and has less than 35,000 miles. At 3 weeks from the date of delivery, the car would not start while we were away from home. The next day, same thing - we were stuck in the daycare parking lot for 45 min waiting for someone to jump the battery. The third day, same thing again and we found out the alternator needed replaced along with the battery now and the brakes were worn completely down.

We reported to Carvana right away and we’re told there was nothing that could be done as we were outside the 7 day window and sometimes cars break down. We are now stuck without a car, a limited warranty that covers none of the issues, and a company who refuses to address the fact they sold us a vehicle that was clearly not road safe.

Carvana response

Carvana prides itself on providing our customers an exceptional car buying experience coupled with high-quality pre-owned vehicles. We know that many customers select to purchase from Carvana because of the convenience, and we want to be sure that convenience is lasting far past the 7-Day Money Back Guarantee, however, it seems like we missed the mark with your vehicle while completing our 150-point inspection. All of our vehicles come with a 100-day/4,189-mile warranty for additional peace of mind, but we are very sorry for the frustration we have caused you. We recommend getting in contact with Silverrock, our trusted warranty partner, to help resolve your concerns. You can always chat with us 24/7 if any questions arise. We appreciate the feedback you have provided us as we are always looking to improve the customer experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

During the 7 day trial period, we noticed issues with vibration/tires. Carvana's waranty company rejected the claim from their in-network mechanic garage. So, we initited a return of the vehicle and refund of our money. The earliest Carvana would accept the car back was two weeks from when we asked to return it - meaning they kept our $40,000 for TWO WEEKS and made us pay for insurance and assume liability for the car during this time. They absolutely refused to give us an earlier appointment or even try to squeeze us in between appointments. We had no car to drive and no money to search elsewhere. The personnel were HORRIBLE to deal with, offering no other solutions at all than wait two weeks. It was a nightmare and we will never ever buy from them again. I would rather pay more to deal with a different company.

Carvana response

Thank you for taking the time to reach out regarding your Carvana experience. We sincerely apologize that you did not have the stress-free experience we strive to provide every customer. We take your feedback very seriously and will ensure it is passed on to the proper department. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account with the name provided. Please reach out to us at (800) 333-4554 and our team of dedicated advocates would be happy to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I was so excited to get my Cadillac from Carvana. Everything was going great up to the day of delivery. Two hours before the car was supposed to be delivered, I got a call from the Sales advocate informing me that there are some mechanical issues going on with the vehicle and that my car was not going to be delivered on that day. I was a bit upset having waited a while to get the car. Not to mention the additional money spent in anticipation of getting the car. I brushed it off and decided to get another vehicle.

Found a Chrysler 300...seemingly in good condition. I went ahead and ordered the vehicle and put my money down...seeing as how this vehicle was coming from a different state than I live in. Waited a week and a half to get it. Again, spent money in anticipation of getting my vehicle today...BAM!! Got a phone call two hours before delivery and was told that THIS vehicle has safety issues. Seriously??!! I am completely dissatisfied with the Carvana experience. I would like a remedy to this situation but told "Unfortunately" so many times. Do not purchase a car from them. They will jack you around.

Carvana response

Your feedback is incredibly valuable as Carvana is always looking to improve the customer experience. We know how excited our customers are to purchase a new vehicle, but when that vehicle is delayed it certainly hinders that experience. This is never our intent as we know how our customers rely on their vehicles to arrive on time for their means of transportation and lifestyle. We are very sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I made the mistake of selecting my car on a Thursday, and the way Carvana works is that you have 48 hours to get paperwork completed, but since I was doing 3rd party financing I found out on Friday evening I needed a special form filled out. Well, naturally, my bank was closed over the weekend and I nearly lost the car I was purchasing because the 48-hour clock does not account for weekends and holidays! Fortunately I called them to get an extension. Carvana also requires more detailed insurance info than anyone else I've purchased with. A temporary proof of insurance is not enough. They need to get the binder page from the insurance company, which my insurance was surprised about. So they definitely made things challenging!

Then my pickup time was delayed three times, and I was needing a ride to the vending machine, so that was troublesome to reschedule my ride. Then, to top it off, the first two tokens I used at the vending machine didn't work! I love the selection and price at Carvana, but the hassle of not having a specific agent and rigid deadlines made this experience far from easy. My tips would be to check EVERY E-mail you get from them, and order your car on a Monday or Tuesday so you can meet their deadlines.

Carvana response

Thank you for your honest feedback. It saddens us to hear that you encountered some roadblocks during the purchase process which created a less than exceptional experience. At Carvana, we recognize that everyone’s situation is different and apologize if our verification process lacked timeliness and clear communication. Our goal is to use your feedback to continue to improve our underwriting/verification process. We are thankful you took the time to share your personal experience and are happy to see you moved forward with purchasing a Carvana vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I was initially skeptical about buying a car from Carvana. I've bought and sold over a dozen cars in the last 30+ years and have always done it the "old fashioned" way through a private sale or dealership. After a friend told me about his excellent experience with Carvana I decided to browse the inventory and was surprised to see how easy it was to find precisely the vehicle I was looking for, configured precisely how I wanted it, and for a reasonable (and transparent) price. I decided to give it a try and purchased my 2021 Ford Bronco a few weeks ago.

The process was easy with excellent communication from Carvana and excellent customer service follow up by email, phone and text message. The process of insuring the car and paying for it was seamless and entirely digital with "no hassle" of any kind. The car arrived on a flatbed - spotlessly clean and right on time. It was already registered, had new plates and was even inspected - so I could literally "hop in" and I was finished with the "car buying" process entirely. My new car is fantastic - in perfect cosmetic and mechanical shape with precisely the features advertised.

While Carvana gives you the option of a "no questions asked 100% return" policy within 7 days of delivery of the car - I knew after the first day I wouldn't take them up on it (even though the delivery driver explained to me it was as easy as a "toll free phone call" to return the car for any reason - or no reason). I can say, without question, I will recommend Carvana to all my friends and family. When it comes time to sell this car or buy a new one - I'm a Carvana customer for life. I can't imagine buying a car any other way again. Five stars. No hesitation. THIS is the way to buy a car!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I filled out all required information, got an email to schedule a pickup date. They picked my car up, I signed the papers and my money was in my account in 2 days! Love Carvana! I would recommend them to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Prior to last night I was gonna give the whole process a 2, but the warranty division pushed the experience to at 3. The purchase was the easiest I've ever done. 15-20 min and the whole thing was complete. Very satisfied with that. 5 Star. I purchased my car on 19 Oct. My option for pickup was to pick up in Raleigh on 21 Oct or have it delivered on 22 Oct. I chose delivery. The evening of 21 Oct I received numerous texts and emails stating a transportation delay and that the first available day for pickup was 01 Nov. A week and a half later. I no longer had the option for a delivery. I thought, well that's a bit ridiculous having to wait an additional week and a half.

I called a number of times. Spoke to a number of customer service folks and they asked the Vending machine leadership if I could get it earlier because it was sitting there in Raleigh. Every one of the customer service folks came with the same answer about the process that Carvana uses and that they schedule people per vehicle and the soonest that I could be helped would be 1 Nov. Now I'm quite pissed. I was fine with waiting a few extra days but that was not this case and the Carvana leadership decided that I had to wait the week and a half. Big old fat "F" on this one Carvana. You could have easily slid me in there to get the vehicle. I know this because there were numerous people "working" at doing nothing when I went to pick it up on 1 Nov. If it's like that on 1 Nov, I'm sure it like that a lot of the time. Zero Stars, Y'all failed big time on this one.

So a week and a half goes by and I'm calmed down. I get a ride to the vending machine, see numerous people doing nothing as stated above, and proceed through the easiest document signing for a car I have ever been a part of. 5 or 6 e documents it was easy and your attendant was very polite. When we finished the documents, she stated that the "car is being detailed and I will go get it and put a temp tag on it." 5 stars, took about 5 min once I met with her.

So she brings the car around.... and this was the dirtiest car I think I have ever seen on a car lot. Looked like it was washed with mud water and grease. I looked at the attendant and she said "we'll that's it." I said to her "That's it?" At this point is when I decided that this well written review would be appropriate instead of explaining to the young lady who could not tell that the car was dirty that I was very dis-satisified with the cleanliness on top of the almost 2 week wait for a car sitting on the lot 40 miles from my house. First thing I did when I got home was wash the car and it revealed a beautiful car. Another big fat ZERO STARS.

My wife and I really wanted a nice Honda Accord Hybrid and since it cleaned up she convinced me to give it a chance since we had a 7 day return policy. Took it to my local mechanic. Had them do a balance of the tires and an over all inspection. Turns out the car is in fantastic shape, minus that the tires were as Firstone stated "Teardrop Shaped". A slight rotational vibration could be felt at 40-60MPH. I thought it was the balance. Turns out, the car had a set of dirt cheap ** tires. I had recently been texted by Silver Rock on how to file a claim so that's what I did, and they covered it.

It was a smooth process and was very happy with the service. Now the car is smooth and clean. We really like the car. 5 Star service Silver Rock. They even covered an alignment. So the big question how satisfied am I, I'm probably around a 2.5 to 3. Will I recommend to friends, I will with warnings. Will I buy again through Carvana, really depends on how much I want the vehicle. You guys could have done much better.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

The 3 stars are mostly for the quick and straight forward sales and credit approval /application. The car's aesthetic "details" were many more than they'd showed in the pictures and the wash/refresh/detail that it supposedly received before I received it, was nonexistent. Car seats stained. Dents. Windows were all "soaped up" (streaks). But I can't forgive that they actually sell a car that has two(2) manufacturer recalls and they don't even care to fix those before putting the car on the market. To add insult to injury one of the recalls is a safety issue from the airbag deployment. Yes, they notified me that it had the recalls, but it doesn't add to my customer experience. No wonder this company is going down.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Started looking for my vehicle by tagging a few favorites on the Carvana site. Kept going back and resorting vehicles, reviewing what was available. On one of those visits I found THE ONE. Started the process and within 5 days I had it in my driveway. The whole process was accompanied by texts from Carvana keeping me updated in what was needed and if they could help me in any way. Everyone was extremely helpful, professional and friendly. This was the easiest and least stressful large purchase I have ever made. I would refer anyone to this process. Wonderful!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I just bought a car through Carvana a week ago and it is already in the shop undergoing serious and expensive repairs. The car had a faulty rear axle assembly, which gave me several warning lights on the rough drive home, and a broken door that did not open from the inside. My mechanic says the entire rear axle assembly needs to be replaced. How did the Carvana inspection team not find and fix these issues?

The only reason I am not giving Carvana a 1 star review is because their insurance company, SilverRock, is so far covering all the repairs to the vehicle. The CarvanaCare extended warranty is also very expensive ($4,500 for a $14,000 vehicle in my case). I gladly opted out of it even now. If you do buy a car from Carvana, give it a thorough check before leaving the lot and get it inspected by another mechanic before your 7 day trial and limited warranty expire.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

PLEASE, whatever you do PLEASE save yourself, your money, and your sanity - DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR THROUGH CARVANA. I purchased a 2013 VW Jetta in March 21, after just a couple of months, the car will no longer run up hills, stalls, shakes, and leaks gas. I have taken the car to 2 mechanics (within warranty range) and both have blatantly refused to work with Carvana's warranty company. I don't know how to get my car fixed, I'm desperate, Carvana customer service will not help me. They have taken my money and scammed me completely.

Carvana response

Carvana prides itself on providing our customers an exceptional car buying experience coupled with high quality pre-owned vehicles. We know that many customers select to purchase from Carvana because of the convenience, and we want to be sure that convenience is lasting far past the 7-Day Money Back Guarantee, however it seems like we missed the mark with your vehicle while completing our 150-point inspection. All of our vehicles come with a 100 day/4,189 mile warranty for an additional peace of mind, but we are very sorry for the frustration we have caused you. After reviewing your account, we do see you are working with our warranty provider SilverRock to address your concerns. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at (800) 333-4554 for further support.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I recently purchased a car from Carvana. The overall process was super easy and convenient. Everything went without a hitch until delivery. I got a call two hours before delivery that they were not going to be able to make it as a driver had called off. I get that, so delivery was set for the next day. This worked out better anyone, as the weather was nicer. So this wasn't a big deal. However, when the vehicle was delivered, it was not clean. The outside had several dirty spots that took a little "elbow" grease to get off. The inside, had dust on the dash, several spots on the ceiling, crumbs in the cupholders and dried things on the arm rests, to just name a few.

I contacted them and I am going to be compensated, but it is not going to happen until after I committed to keeping the vehicle, and then it will still be 30 days. (If I had decided to not keep the car, I think compensation is still necessary as time/money was spent already) I was going to have it detailed but didn't want to wait around for an appointment, and to sit in someone else's dirt. I spent about 2 hours cleaning it myself, and then it looked great! Overall, I love my car! I wasn't going to let it being dirty keep me from purchasing it, but it definitely made the process a little less enjoyable.

Carvana response

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Carvana purchase. It is unacceptable to hear that your vehicle did not arrive in the standards Carvana has set. Purchasing a vehicle should be an amazing experience, and we are sorry to have let you down. Please know we take your sentiments seriously, and we will be holding the proper teams accountable for this mistake. We are thankful you took the time to share your personal experience and are happy to see you moved forward with purchasing a Carvana vehicle. Please note you can follow the progress of your registration by logging into your Post Sale Dashboard for updates. Kind regards, your Carvana Team.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

Purchasing the vehicle from Carvana was so easy and carefree. Not having to deal with salesmen or haggling prices with them back and forth. The only problem we came across was receiving the registration in a timely manner. And we brought the vehicle to our mechanic to give it a once over to make sure there was nothing wrong with it mechanically. As buying it on the internet would create this worry. We found out the brake needed to be done. We got in touch with carvana and was able to set up an appointment to have them looked at with their preferred shop. The brakes would not be covered as they were half their life. Sorry but these brakes should of been fixed- updated prior to selling this vehicle online. Now we have to get the brakes replaced in a few months. Not fair to us at all! In my opinion. We are just buying the vehicle and it should of been handled prior to us purchasing this.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Carvana is great! I bought a 2018 Honda Accord and it arrived exactly as pictured with no driving issues. The car is used but looks new and drives smooth. My down payment and monthly payment were exactly what was they listed not a penny more. The experience was so good I decided to sell them my other car. I listed the car on KBB and got the estimate. I despise dealerships but decided to visit the 2 near me who offered to buy it. Both dealerships, Mac Haik Ford in Desoto and Family Toyota in Arlington, were horrible! Not only was I offered thousands of dollars less but had to go through all the wheeling and dealing that I hate at dealerships.

One guy even said, "If you give us a review I'll give you 250$ more dollars". What a jerk! I want what my car is worth, nothing more nothing less. I listed the car on Carvana to sell with all the information as KBB and got the same estimate minus a couple of hundred. Carvana had all the paperwork ready, picked the car up at the appointment time and my ACH went through the next day! No hassle, no problem! Thank you, Carvana. I will refer anyone I run across who needs to buy or sell a car to you. Hey Family Toyota guy, here's your review. lol

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Easiest thing I've ever done! We decided to get down to 1 car, so my beloved Toyota had to go. We're moving in two weeks and I just couldn't see myself taking time to shop my car around. Carvana gave me a VERY acceptable offer and provided the offer with just a few clicks on the computer. It was SO easy and quick. Then Carvana gave me the option of picking up the car for a few bucks off the price. THAT was SO worth it. The gentleman, Marlan, who came out was the nicest, most helpful guy and informative about what I had to do next with the DMV. It was all wrapped up within 20 minutes. Selling to Carvana is the way to go!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

My wife and I received online offers from Carvana for both of our cars that were on par with where our car were valued. There was no lowball offer and haggling. The appointment setup was very easy and we received our agreed-upon payment quickly. This was all great, but the best part was the service from Angie **, the Carvana Advocate who picked up our car. With our first car Angie showed up, was exceedingly pleasant, spoke about how much she loved doing her job (and meant it), and was professional and efficient.

With our second car, there was a scheduling issue that could have possibly resulted in us having to reschedule our appointment, but Angie heard we needed someone to come get our car and volunteered to come get our car at the end of a 12-hour shift. Again she was so kind, pleasant, and professional. She even brought some little presents for us and our kid to make up for the scheduling confusion regarding our appointment. It was awesome. We'd definitely use Carvana again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Never used Carvana, I had no idea how simple and fast selling my car could be. Having bought and sold cars from dealers and/or to the public this was truly a great experience. Next time I will definitely will use Carvana! Professionalism and great customer service/knowledge are unmatched.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I bought a car and paid them in advanced over $54k cash!!! They first changed the delivery date from 11/1 to 11/4 and then the delivery time has passed over 1.5 hours and I called them 4 times, they are NOT truthful on their answer. I would rather pay little more, but expect better service. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Please don't buy from Carvana!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Horrible. My car was suppose to be delivered Sunday but because my computer died during the identity portion of the application I have been locked and have to wait 6 months before I can apply again. This is the worst experience ever and we have bought 2 cars from these guys.

Carvana response

Thank you for your honest feedback. It saddens us to hear that you encountered some roadblocks during the purchase process which created a less than exceptional experience. At Carvana, we recognize that everyone’s situation is different and apologize if our verification process lacked timeliness and clear communication. Our goal is to use your feedback to continue to improve our underwriting/verification process. We are thankful you took the time to share your personal experience and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to utilize our 24/7 chat service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I sold a 2016 Nissan Pathfinder with Carvana and the process couldn't have been more simple. The price they offered was well above competitors and was fair. I tried to sell the car personally and was getting limited interest. I looked into Carvana and the process was simple. After submitting a few documents, the truck showed up, loaded the Pathfinder up and away they went. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Not to mention I owed money on the vehicle and it was paid off in less than 7 days! A+++ experience overall. I highly recommend selling your vehicle through Carvana.

Carvana Company Information