Cars.com

• 4%
  • 2%
  • 61%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cars.com?
    Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2021

I like the filters but wish they would add a filter for cars that have a clean title, salvage title, or are totalled.. Too many cars being sold on this site that are wrecked or salvaged and you have to investigate. It use to be a much higher quality car website.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

I found the car I wanted on here. I purchased directly through the dealership after seeing it on cars.com. The pictures were very nice. I didn't have any problems getting in touch with the dealership afterwards. I would recommend this site to other car shoppers out there.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 20, 2021

I’m a dealer in Oklahoma. I signed up for Cars.com for 4 month starter and as told multiple times I could cancel after 4 months. I only posted 3 cars and they would not allow me cancel. This company is filled with liars and cheats. I was lied to multiple times and my issues were never resolved. This company will scam you out of money just like they did my business. Watch out and look elsewhere.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 18, 2021

I purchased a 2019 Subaru Crosstrek in good faith that would be the color that was advertised. It was supposed to be blue even though every photo of it appeared to purple. I was very clear that I didn't want a black vehicle. Once it was delivered, I noticed it was black. I paid to have it inspected at the Subaru dealership and discovered it needed $1300 worth of repair for break pads, rotors, air filters, the correct wiper blades, etc. They paid for the repairs but never once tried to make things right for fraudulently advertising this vehicle as the wrong color. I will never purchase a car online again.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2021

I listed my car on Cars.com in December. I got a couple of messages but no sale yet so in January I went to renew the listing and was told they no longer allow private listings?? This was annoying enough by itself as it was not communicated to me at all while I painstakingly set up and ran my ad. So I asked a chat rep, they explained it was a new policy and I was obviously frustrated & asked "what the -- for?"

Their response was "I'd tell you but you swore at me"... obviously I swore in frustration at the company, not the rep. This was a petty, terrible response. Cars.com has moved on from caring about individuals with NO explanation. Because of this, I will not be using the site to shop anymore and I hope dealerships will notice that.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2021

After going through the whole process of signing up, giving them the VIN and all the car details plus the CC# and then OKing the listing, I hit the LIST button. And got the verification email. The next day I went back to update the photos and was not able to edit the listing so I went to a live chat. Only to be told that Cars.Com had decided to not list private ownership cars at this time. My car had never been listed. Their policy, I found out had been in affect (effect?) for a while. The Chat person said "Sorry, anything else I can help you with?" I inquired about my personal info and CC# only to be met with silence. I then went to the site and yes, they are asking people to Sell Your Car. I was able to delete my listing.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2020

I listed my car for months and paid the fee. I included lots of beautiful pictures and a low price to go with it and still couldn't get it sold. I barely received 1 lead the whole entire time. Would not use again.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2020

Posted my car and it didn't accept all of my photos then wouldn't allow me to delete or upload new ones. Contacted customer service and Mr. ** was completely unhelpful. He ended my contact while I still needed help and had a question to be answered telling me to delete my ad if I didn't like it. I paid to be insulted by some guy making minimum wage. Not worth your time or money to deal with this scam of a site.

Reviewed Sept. 25, 2020

I purchased a car from a private seller last month and basically buying my first car I was excited. Come to find out the seller wasn’t honest at all about the car on his profile or in person. He said nothing was wrong with the car and I test drove it and everything. I asked him again, "Is the engine transmission etc. good?" He said, "Yes no problems." I said, "Okay." We continued or transaction and I got the title and left. The very next day the car started shaking and everything so had it checked out. Come to find out the tires was balding on the side I couldn’t see. That was $420 for one tire.

Week later had to get a new water pump for $1,800. I emailed the seller. He said it’s not his problem then next an oil change so this time I’m pissed off. Emailed him again. He said we will meet in a few days and he was going to give me $2,500 back and he disappeared. I contacted Cars.com twice and no reply back. Not a email or call. I've had the car since August 14th and made several repairs. My car is currently in the shop because the transmission was slipping and the computer went out. This is what I call horrible business. Now I’m stuck with this car that I paid $9000 for in cash but spent about that much just in repairs alone.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

Found the used truck I wanted 3 hours away at a fair price. Took me 3 months of searching but I found and bought my truck of my dreams. I would buy from that dealer again for sure. Thanks DTM DanTheHockeyValleyMan.

Online & App

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2020

Shopping for a car from this website is very easy, this website is Super User friendly. I use to go to other random website to see cars, but not all of them were good because there's always a scam situation. With Cars.com there is no worries. The details of the car is very easy to understand and you can always filter out the things you need or don't need. Very simple and easy.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2020

Great page with a lot of options for sorting. Really great experience but you should not let seller put call for price as it annoying if I like car to call for price. Otherwise great web page. Good quality and have great availability for search on different makes and models. Really like of the price rating helps a lot.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

Both are great sites, easy to use, provide all of the information necessary in order to make an informed decision. No salesperson to deal with, the price is the price, good product description. Overall a great experience with both sites.

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2020

It is a good site with many, many car/trucks to choose from. Their filters enable you to look based on zip codes, price and car model. I especially like being to enter my zip code and how many miles away that I could go test drive.

Reviewed June 25, 2020

Was easy but not much feedback on what activity actually happened on the page or my ad. I had two people reach out about my vehicle but neither followed up. Almost thinking it was a robo response because of the words and language used in the response.

Reviewed June 24, 2020

I really love how easy the navigation online is..and also in person they make you feel as if you were family. They have a really nice selection and they aren't over priced. I would always do business with these guys...now and forever.

Staff

Reviewed June 19, 2020

I have been searching for a car as I am preparing to move to a city with limited public transit. Cars.com was great because I could read reviews of others as well as compare the cars. I also found the support to be super helpful. They were quick and gave me tips on finding the right car for me!

Reviewed June 18, 2020

Cars.com provides a nationwide search with a range of options. Even the not so common vehicles are easy to locate. All listings appear to be legitimate which helped when inquiring. Still pursuing my search for the right vehicle using Cars.com.

Reviewed June 17, 2020

It seems Cars.com has more cars listed than others. I have used Vroom and Carmax before but they aren't as informative. I like looking and shopping on cars.com before driving around to lots. I go fully informed before I get there.

Staff

Reviewed June 15, 2020

Incomplete responses to vehicle queries. Accurate details seemed lacking. Spent too much time for limited outcomes to queries. It's a site that will reveal general info prices... Not really all that helpful.

Reviewed June 12, 2020

It was fun using the cars.com site to build my dream car. However the price was way over what I expected and I could not purchase the vehicle. I bought the same vehicle for $5000 less on a car lot that was a certified used car.

Reviewed June 11, 2020

I usually go to the dealership of the car online. But some times I'll google what I'm looking for and then different site pop up. I look for people's comments or stars and click that site then I look for all of the options that I want. But I have certainly used autotrader. We sold a vehicle on cars.com. That was a smooth transactions. Shopping more and more online- everyone. Safer and all.

Reviewed June 10, 2020

Cars.com is a very popular and creditable site. I have a few troubles with it though. Firstly, any vehicles are not close enough. I requested 50 miles or closer and received cars 65 or more. In this requested I have no particular cars just all available. Secondly, a lot of the prices were a little bit over to 250 dollars over. I have tried other sites and became overwhelmed with sales and warranties. I'll still use Cars.com to make a decision on my car.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 7, 2020

Customer Service and Loyalty is very important I me and when a company focuses on these characteristic it means volumes if many words could ever express. Cars.com research their products making use the customer get the better deal.

Reviewed June 6, 2020

I hate going on a car lot when the business is open but in turn, I can't always find out the information I want to know. I've used Cars.com to look for a vehicle that we are interested in and that's in my area and price range. I make my list of vehicles and where they are plus the particulars. I then can get a visual on the vehicle, without pressure from salespeople and then go back to drive the one or ones I've found fit what I'm looking for best.

Reviewed June 5, 2020

I really enjoy shopping for cars on Cars.com. They make it fun and easy to look for the car of your dreams or maybe even a car you never even dreamed of buying before. This site works more like a tool to shop for cars rather than just place to browse cars and make a decision on what to buy. I don't think there's another source of information that I've learned more about cars from than at Cars.com.

Reviewed June 4, 2020

I'm new to Endurance but I look forward to them being there in the future when I need then.. it feels comfortable knowing someone is there to help during tough times.

Sales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed June 3, 2020

The website is easy to navigate. Which is key to any website. It also has a lot of filters so you can find exactly what you are looking for without weeding through pages. The one thing I could do without, are the sponsored ads from the dealership.

Reviewed June 2, 2020

Finding exactly what I was looking for was difficult. Getting to the correct year and model were very tedious and most of the time I just settled for what they gave me. Everything else seemed fair and prices seemed to also be in line.

Reviewed June 1, 2020

Good site, easy to navigate and select what I need and plenty of options for you to narrow down your choice. Site loads fast and doesn't crash. Like using this site very much and have thought of using it to actually purchase a vehicle.

Cars.com Company Information