Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

224 CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 9, 2019

GO down and talk to Charles, OR ANY OF THE STAFF. Will take care of you and treat you like you are special. And help get you what you need! I still feel like I'm dreaming! I got a Diamond of a deal and recommend you go down today! They will make you happy you did! THANK YOU ALL at Tacoma CarHop! You have made my dreams come true! Tell them KATHY with the New Ford Expd. sent you.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have my 2nd vehicle, now from CarHop. 1st one was a 95 Buick Roadmaster!!! Loved it! Now, hard times, again. Went to CarHop in Lincoln, NE, and have my Jeep. Extremely nice people. Even when calling the 800 numbers to ask questions, the people in other areas get you taken care of. I have only one thing to say, "THANK YOU, CARHOP"!!!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I am a current customer and I love the car I got. It's a great running car it has low miles and the warranty is great. They really help people and their customer service is very professional and friendly. They make you feel like family they care about their customers. I'm referring people to them and I'm staying with them. They are amazing.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My husband and I had excellent customer service while we were there. We didn't have to wait long. We felt at home there. Jasmine helped us and got us in the car we wanted and made sure we got a great deal. She had really good customer service and was really nice and very helpful to us. Didn't have any issues at all while we were there. I will definitely recommend CarHop and I will definitely be back in the near future!!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Hello. My name is Kwame **. Today was supposed to be one of the best days of my life as I set out to surprise my wife with a brand new Toyota babe. I had already sign paperwork, cleared to sell. All we had to do was go pick it up that morning, bypassing CarHop at looking at so another man a lot less money but a little more perfect for what we need it for. So I told my wife about it and we decided to go check it out. When I arrive to CarHop I went inside. There were two people there, the manager and he was talking to a customer. Instead of trying to explain to you what happened next let me explain something. It is 2019, there was no way that a company like CarHop can be allowed to hold policy that discriminates against ** people, people of color and get away with it. It is by far the worst form of discrimination when it is done from a ** person to a ** person.

I never thought I would be a victim of ** on ** discrimination but now that it has happened let me assure you sir Mr. CarHop. Unfortunately this is the platform that I must use to get your attention. I have no choice, what to say to it as loud as I can at the top of my lungs. You will not discriminate against me and get away with it. I was told it was your policy to deny me and my wife the opportunity to view or inspect the vehicle before I buy it. I was told that it is your policy for me to first undergo a credit check and approval before I can even view the vehicle. I was insulted and told that I could not view the vehicle until my approval was guaranteed, just in case my approval was not enough to cover the price of the van. From the time I walked in the door I was assumed poor. I was treated like a piece of ** because I was ** and I was fraudulently denied access to a vehicle that is now gone.

CarHop Omaha Nebraska Northwest Radial Highway. I'm looking for anyone who wants to join my lawsuit against CarHop and their discriminatory policies. Let's take them to court and sue. Join me. I am calling out for anyone who has been denied anything from CarHop in Omaha Nebraska. After I thought about it, I don't wish for a peaceful diplomatic ending. You discriminated and embarrassed me in front of my wife and then you talk to my wife like she was a piece of trash. For that I'm going to blow your CarHop out the water. My solitude has turned to anger and my anger is turning to rage and I am going to release that rage all on CarHop. First order of business, I demand to see the racist policy that says I cannot view the vehicle until my credit is approved because you don't want to get my hopes up too high. Show it to me. You **. Let's get together and sue the hell out these **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: June 9, 2019

My wife and I were treated like trash, by some girl named Nicole. We were given 4 options to "choose" from. The first vehicle was spewing power steering fluid, and needed front end work. The second one needed brakes, and had a tick coming from the engine, the third one had a tick coming from the engine. Every time we took it back in we were told something along the lines of, "Well it still runs," or "The brakes still work," or it was just brushed off like it's normal.

Finally I increase our down payment to $750, Nicole reluctantly showed us a little Nissan Altima. The car drove great and seemed like a decent little car, so we do the paperwork and finance for almost $9000. I took the car into my mechanic the next weekend and find out the vehicle has massive problems along with a few minor ones. The oil cooler was leaking, the transmission had a few leaks, and the exhaust manifold had a leak (I'm not sure how it passed emissions). When my mechanic called to tell me these issues he says to not buy the vehicle. I took the mechanic inspection to Nichole and I was told changing the fluids would fix the leaks, and the inspection report didn't tell her anything. Needless to say I left the vehicle there and got my money back in 7 days.

When I finance a car for almost $9000 and $400 a month payments, I expect a vehicle that is road worthy and I'm not going to have to drop $2000 worth of repairs immediately into it. These people prey on people who have poor credit and very few options. Everything on their lot seems to be trash and not worth the money you would spend going through them. There are way better places to go in town that offer the same buy here pay here and will still help rebuild your credit. Don't buy from them and take your money elsewhere!

Original review: June 3, 2019

For the betterment of your bank account, credit & sanity, DO NOT FINANCE WITH CARHOP... “I have no other option” .... I can assure you that not having a car is better than financing through Carhop. I’d tell my younger self to be patient.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I bought a vehicle from CarHop 2 months ago and honestly I regret it. Since I had it my vehicle has already been in the shop twice. The first time was for the rear air shocks which I think should be covered under their so called "best warranty." CarHop told me that warranty does cover suspension but just the axle. Which is the dumbest thing cuz the air shocks is part of any vehicle suspension especially on any suv or truck. But of course it ended up out of my own pocket. Then just a week and a half after I brought back to the shop for tranny went out. I assumed that CarHop would authorize to have a new or even a refurbished transmission put in my car but the mechanic told me that CarHop had authorized for a used transmission.

So basically it's like they went to Pick-n-Pull and pulled the transmission from another beat up suv and just transferred it to my Denali so that they wouldn't pay too much. But I truly hope that CarHop knows that under California Lemon Law for dealerships... if my vehicle ends up in the shop 3 or more times in the shop for the same problem... by law they would have to take the vehicle back and give me all my money back or exchanging it. So let's just hope that by putting a used transmission it will get through their ** warranty.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The car broke down the day after I bought it. Transmission failed. They had it on the lot for less than a month before they sold it me. They allowed me to drive it off the lot with no oil in the vehicle at all. Like smoke coming out of the oil hole. In less than a year, I had to replace the transmission, two alternators, a starter, a battery, oil filter and a full oil change on top of having to have the oil leak fixed. I still have to get the windshield wipers fixed.

The only thing they paid for was the transmission and the oil leak. And the labor on the first alternator because I was literally taking it to the shop every other week at that point. When I reached out to a higher up. He tried to lie to me about the fact they purposefully didn't put oil in it so that they wouldn't have to fix it. I told him, "You said they check the fluids regularly; if it was on the lot for less than a month and they check them regularly then either they didn't check them or they didn't fill them."

Customer service is terrible except for the higher up. I talked to a nice lady on the phone today. Their warranty is the worst ever displayed by a company. It literally covers the motor and transmission specifically. Pretty much nothing else. The car still has problems. I have to get a final inspection done before the warranty goes out and see if anything is actually covered. The worst decision I've ever made. Never again nor would I reccomend. Maybe other areas are better. North Seattle/Aurora Ave area is horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought my 2007 Buick Lacrosse from the Tacoma, WA CarHop back in August. It had a bad transmission when I test drove it. They wrote into my contract that they would replace it. They sent me to a great family owned repair shop here in Puyallup to have it replaced. What they don't tell you when they go over their 18,000 mile/18 month warranty, is that they get all their parts from junk yards. Untested. So they replaced my transmission that slipped in 1st and 2nd gear with a transmission that slipped in 1st gear. The repair shop had my car for 3 and a half weeks because they were waiting for CarHop to send them my "new" transmission.

When I picked my car up, I immediately complained that the transmission was still slipping, got no response except that there is no way that the new transmission has the same issue as the old one and that I just need to put tranny fluid in it. I have checked my tranny fluid every other day since September. It finally needed a quart at the beginning of April. So I added two. So last Sunday my husband and I go to run errands, and at our first stop, the tranny goes out. All I have is reverse. I call AAA and have it towed back to the repair shop that installed the last CarHop tranny.

The manager of the shop started emailing CarHop Monday morning, it's now Wednesday, and she has yet to hear back from them. So I call CarHop, they say they don't have any correspondence from the repair shop. So I call the manager back and she sends yet another email! While on the phone with CarHop, I asked what they were gonna do about my transmission, they of course said NOTHING! Because they don't care about good customer service or backing their POS parts they send out. They just care about getting my $12,000 for a car that's only worth $3,000! WORST CAR LOT EVER!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! Even with bad credit, find a locally owned dealership that does in-house financing! CarHop will bleed you dry and leave you carless!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We first went to CarHop in December of 2015 because my hubby was in the Navy and Ally Financial had illegally repossessed his truck (that will be in another review don’t worry). We got the Dodge Magnum and thought everything was fine. The transmission went out in it within two weeks. We had to have the car in the shop for two weeks and the problem was not fixed. They still owe us a new transmission. Then we had a tire blow out on highway 101 in WA. We had to replace all of the tires because they had dry rotted from the car sitting in the lot for so long. Our final straw is their financing department. They literally do whatever they want. We’ve called to have dates changed because of the way paychecks were being dropped and they decided not to help us. They would never let us use our skip a month because we paid on time. Their fees are way too high for the service provided.

Needless to say we’ve argued on the phone and sent emails plenty of times with documentation and to no avail. We will be paying this car off in a few months and we will never use them again. We basically have to rebuild the transmission again and this will be the third one for this car possibly even the fourth if the first owner had to replace it already. We have gear shift issues (the spring snapped so we have to use a screwdriver to get it out of park).

The only good thing about that car is that we got into an accident with a drunk driver (we were stopped at a red light and he hit our rear end going 40mph) is that the car wasn’t severely damaged and it was still drivable. We have had battery issues with it and have had to replace the battery once. The battery is dead yet again so it might be recharging it or replacing it again and we just bought it last year (2018). We have found one person that was nice and helped us in the department. She’s the only one that does help. But other than that they’re rude and really try to make you feel bad.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I got a 2004 Honda Accord and I have had it for 2 years now. Every payment was taken out automatically. One time my job switched pay dates and I let them know. I was told to send in my paystub which I did so then they started trying to pull my money before the direct deposit. I would then end up with a few for trying to overdraft. I explained I would just pay it on my own. An awful account person name Jonathan got a hold of my account. He treated me as if I never paid my car note and he disabled my starter and told me he could do it if he felt like it.

He told me he owns my account and can say forget a payment and you pay on time or I cut it off and he was extremely rude. I spoke with his boss Brian and Ben and Ben then told me I wouldnt have to ever deal with him again but once again disrespectful Jonathan continues to call when my payment is trying to be pulled and shouldnt. I would suggest going to a million other auto companies before you ever try them make them a life or death choice. CARHOP IS THE WORST FINANCE COMPANY EVER.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Lesson learned. I bought a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 from them in Maplewood MN. If any of y'all wanna get into a class action lawsuit again with CarHop let me know... The car I had gotten I didn't even pick out. They picked it out for me. Let alone a month into it I had to get the mainframe of the engine fix!!! They blamed me for not going to one of their mechanics... I went with what I knew which was Tire Plus. I trust them with any cars I get in the future. I found out the tires that was on the car had nails in it and I believe they sold me a car that was flooded. SMH. Damn shame that they expect me to continue to pay on it a car that is not worth 6k more like 3k, which I've already put into. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. IT'S TIME FOR CARHOP TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Purchase a 2010 Mazda 5 and a couple of days after purchase starting having some problems. Took it to a shop that was on the list they gave me and was informed of the thing that was wrong with the car and it will get fix. After I got the car back from that shop was told for the other work that need to get fix. I had to take it to another shop.

So I call and made a appointment and took it to that shop. Mind you these are shops on the list that they gave me. So I took it to that shop and they was suppose to fix their part. But as I was driving it a few days later started hearing a lot of noise coming from under the car and seeing wear and tear on the tires. So I took the car to a tire shop and the tires was so worn then they cut the guy's hand but you could only see it if you take the tires off the car. That is just one thing that should’ve got caught before the car got sold to me. Now I’m having more problems with the front end that cost more than I can afford but they are telling me it is not cover under their warranty. If you still want to buy a car from CarHop make sure you get it inspected yourself.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Went to CarHop in Blaine, MN to buy a car. We picked out a car. Got the deal done and then a couple days later started having issues and found out from a shop the motor in the car had been changed and that General Motors didn’t offer that size motor in the car for that year. I then called my sales person to ask if they knew what year the motor was so I could get parts to fix the car. I was told, "Don’t worry about it. You have a warranty if anything happens." Well here I am months later and alternator is bad and it’s not covered on their warranty so I have no clue what year for the motor that’s in my car to buy parts.

Once again so I called them yet again and was told they no longer use the repair shop that put the motor in the car I bought from them and a supervisor will call me back. Well days later and still no call. So here I sit no car but still have to pay for it and they won’t do anything about it or call me back. Long story short don’t buy a car from them and if you do make sure the car or truck you buy has the motor in it that the manufacturer calls out for the year of the car. So they sold me a car with a different motor that I know nothing about or how many miles are actually on it and they won’t tell me anything but don’t worry you have a warranty. That does nothing for me.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I went to CarHop the first time in 2016 and I got a 2006 Kia Sportage with about 160,000 miles on it. Put $500 down. 2 weeks after I got the car the timing belt snapped. I took it in for the repair. They said they needed to put a new motor in it as well as the timing belt. They had my car over a week. I got it back, I refinanced my vehicle with my bank to get a lower interest rate, CarHop closed the account and dropped my credit score 150 points. 3 days later my timing belt snapped again while driving. I needed a car and everywhere said I needed a cosigner since my score dropped 150 points for them closing the account. So I had no choice but to go back to CarHop which was my mistake.

I now have a 2009 Chrysler Seabring. I got the car August 2018 and in December needed a new Transmission. I drive for work so I called them and asked if they had a loaner car. She said I can Uber myself to and from work (I'm a single mom and cannot afford that). Well a month after my junkyard transmission was put in it is now going out for the 2nd time as well as my water pump or my head gasket. The work done on my car was also bad work since they didn't screw in a lot of things and mount back a few things. I called and asked if I can just give the car back with how many problems it has and it being at now almost 200k and they said no... My car's value is only $1-$500. I'm paying 9 thousand for it... Save yourself the headache and please go somewhere else for a car...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Getting financed with a low downpayment was the easy part. And at the time of purchase thinking that paying triple the bluebook amount was going to be the worst part of my experience here, I was wrong. I can’t get through to weeks without having to throw a couple hundred dollars into repairs into this vehicle. The warranty I purchased through them was completely worthless, as the warranty company does not speak with customers, all they do is deny any coverage. The majority of the staffing are rude when you need to make payment arrangements, which are almost 100% necessary when you’re investing double the amount of the payment in the vehicle just to keep it running. And now that my loan is up and the vehicle is paid off, I have the title to an old hunk of junk that isn’t worth 10% of what I paid for it. I will never give them my business, and I will do everything to deter other people from shopping here!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got my car from Lakewood, WA because I had a bad experience with trying to get a car from other people and they made it worst. I got a car and the next day the transmission went out, When I went to pick the car after it was fixed them the car check engine light came on. I went and got a oil change and it went away. They told me to take it to their dealer auto body shop which I did and now they are telling me that there are so many codes coming up that they don't even know how to start to fix the car. The gentleman at the auto body shop was completely honest with me and told me to contact them which I have done. I just want my downpayment back and the money I paid into the car because it rude. They do this to people really in need.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT ever go to CarHop to buy a vehicle. They prey on people with no or bad credit. Me and my wife bought a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix for $7,800 and it's really only worth 2,000 at most. And a month after we bought it we had to get the transmission and power steering lines replaced. There is also a hole in our gas tank. Then a few weeks ago as we were driving on the highway it lost all power and we had to pay another $300 to get the fuse box under the hood replace.

And then to top it all off two days ago our driver's blinker stopped working. So now we have to pay at least another $100-150 to take it to an auto shop and get it fixed yet again. CarHop is the worst company to go through to buy a vehicle. All they do is get them running good enough to sell then after you buy it they start to break down immediately. You are better off paying a higher interest rate through a legitimate dealership or even buying a vehicle from someone on Facebook.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Went there and got approved right away. They wouldn’t tell me the price of any vehicles and had to convince the guy to go out and look at the vehicles with me. We asked to take one for a test drive and it didn’t even make it off the lot. I ask if he had any cars that fun decent... His response, ”probably not.” Needless to say we had no deal and walked out.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante from CarHop back in December of 2017. The car drove ok for the first hour after buying it. The engine had a weird smell the first time I turned on the car due to the car just coming out of the shop for a fluid leak. The driver side window also wouldn't roll down. I didn't think of these as being red flags due to being young and a first time car buyer. A couple hours after taking it off the lot, the engine caught fire, the brakes were going out, and the turning became hard to do. The fuel needle also didn't work. The needle was at empty even though the gas tank was full. The car starting shaking and I thought it was gonna die completely.

I ended up taking the car back the next business day and signed the paperwork to give it back. I went through JD Byrider a few months ago and had a much better experience. I got a 2007 Ford Focus from them and I couldn't be happier with it. Got it with really low miles and an all around great car. I only pay $183.00 every other week with a $36.00 insurance premium. My suggestion, avoid CarHop at all costs. If you still need the same kind of help CarHop claims to offer, go to JD Byrider instead. Their reviews aren't all good but definitely better than CarHop.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

CarHop is not very good company and won’t help you to build up to good credit score. 2009 KIA Optima was $11,000 dollars with 109k mileage and limited 18,000 warranty. They got car from bidding and hidden history that report don’t show accident in rear bumper. Don’t care about merchant’s engine and transmission fluids. This car is overpriced. Blue book show value 3,000 dollars. I experienced with new transmission that cost me $900 dollars for labor. And another problems engine with oxygen sensor and camshaft sensor with 50 mileage since new transmission. One guy is honest and advise me.

“Thanks for your note. We sealed your transmission leak. That’s the good news. The bad news is about your engine. The sometimes hard starting/dying problems are due to an intermittent loss of oil pressure, resulting from a worn out timing chain tensioner or timing actuator. It’s a big job to fix (I would guess around $2,000) and is not covered by CarHop. You are out of warranty by both time and mileage. Given the number of miles on your car (245,000!), I would not recommend putting money into repairing your engine. I think it would make more sense - especially given how many miles you’re putting in this car - to replace the engine with a lower mileage used one. That won’t be cheap either (probably ~ $3,000), but at least then you’d have an engine that you could expect to get another 100k miles out of. Make sense?”

Blue book show my car value was $300 dollars with 245k mileage. It is not worth and end and divorce CarHop for good. I found new car 2014 Ford Focus with 26,000 mileage with extra $$$ to 100,000 platinum warranty. The price was 11,500. I recommend you go to see dealership and they will help you and better option than rip off and fraud CarHop.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I got a Pontiac G6 05. A day after I got it the engine light came on then oil then knocking at the engine. I put oil in then it stopped and lights went off. My girlfriend called them and they said take it to one of their shops. They were booked and don't have another car to leave it and they couldn't give us a loaner car so we had to take it. So I said forget it. I just want a different car but couldn't due to they were closed and the next day hit 8 days of me having the car so it was past the return policy that they couldn't do nothing about it to take it to our shop. Then the car was driving fine.

Well I was on the freeway. The oil light came back on. The knocking came back. I got off the freeway. Put two things of oil in and still knocking. We called them. They said, "Take it to our shop." If the warranty don't cover the fix I have to pay for it. We went. They said I need a new engine. It's been 10 days and already need new engine and if it's not covered I gotta pay for it?! So another light came on that. Had a car with a tool inside of it and the power steering acted like it was going out. I shut the car off and looked for where the power steering fluid goes. Couldn't find it so I put oil in and now that light went off and steering is fine but the knocking continues.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

The first time I purchased from CarHop was approximately 2 years ago from Richmond, CA. I am a senior citizen and due to the change in economy I found the need to sell my house because as a single woman I wasn't able to keep up with all expenses on a fixed income while trying to take care of two grandchildren. I had a good experience in Richmond, and even though the car wasn't perfect, I got exactly what was sold to me. I drove my car (2003 Ford Focus) for 2 years, made my payments religiously, and decided to try and upgrade. Unfortunately, the Richmond lot closed and I went to Vallejo. I started on the phone and had a wonderful conversation with a very nice young man.

When I went to finalize the deal he was not in the office and I was well taken care of by a very nice young woman. She brought out a beautiful car (2009 Buick Caliber) with lower payments since my credit score had started to improve. I did test drive the car around Vallejo and everything seemed to be fine. Because of the honesty of the Richmond lot that was all I did. Within a day I received the car. I called CarHop Vallejo because the alignment was really bad and I was having trouble keeping the car on the freeway. I was told I bought a used car and what did I expect. It was not covered by their warranty. Two days later I drove at night and found out the headlights did not work - another non-warranty issue.

I know by the way I sound I may not know a lot about cars. I grew up in a teamster family and helped my father repair cars and have been driving all types of cars (mainly manual transmissions) and trucks and I am not ignorant when it comes to cars. After that I broke down on the freeway due to transmission trouble with my 7 year old granddaughter. I asked to return the car for another within the 5 day period and was told there was nothing comparable. I took the car to one of their shops and was told they couldn't find anything wrong with it and to come back if it happened again.

I had to take it to another shop and now it has been 3 weeks and I will not have my car back for another week. I have had to pay to have my grandchildren taken to school and had to pay for my transportation or walk along with making my $361 car payment on a fixed income. When I called the shop (that is contracted by CarHop) and was upset because of the time they had my car I was told I could get a tow truck and have it towed. Customer service...??

I understand why people go to CarHop and I was totally impressed with my first transaction in Richmond and probably wasn't on my A game in Vallejo. All I can say is to stay on your A game. Don't let a pretty car, or a good salesperson get in the way of what you know is right. I would recommend to anyone trying to buy a car from CarHop is to take your money and save it for 6 months $372 x 6 = $2,232 because you can get the same car for a lot less than making payments. My payments on a 2003 Ford Focus were $372 x 36 = $13,392 which can buy more than a 2003 Ford Focus. I have made two car payments totaling $722 plus paid the extra insurance for having a loan and have only used my car for under 30 days. I will have to keep the car and hopefully this will be the end of my relationship with CarHop.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Went to CarHop, in Topeka, KS after filling out the online credit app with "you’re approved" as the answer. I then went in on 11/30/18 and after they did another credit app and 4 hours of time I test drove a 2006 Buick Rendezvous. It had a low/flat tire and shifted odd but was told it was because it had sat for a while. I drove the 60 miles home and the odometer and Speedometer weren't accurate. I called right away and got told I had to bring it to one of their approved companies.

I took the car in and found out the Transmission was bad. Plus the rack and pinion had to be replaced. 1 week later I took the title back and turned everything in. I got threatened with this showing on my credit as a repo. Then two days later I received call from a CarHop authorized repair company and that along with the 3 items I knew about they also found a bent driveline. Funny that CarHop told repair company that they would not pay to fix that issue. I'm guessing that Cream colored 2006 Buick Rendezvous has some major issues.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

They sold me a car that is mechanically unsound. I have to deal with that. I am disabled and because my monthly pay comes on or about the 15th of each month, I requested a change in my payment due date. CarHop refused and continued to report me every month as being late. My credit report shows me as always being late. So CarHop is not helping me build my credit. I feel trapped. They threaten to disable my car so I cant drive it. I want them to take their piece of crap. At this point I don’t care anymore.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I went to CarHop because my car broke down for the last time, and I thought I had no other choice. There are so many other choices out there for bad or no credit. I did not get to choose a car, the one they gave me was used as an ashtray and was not clean at all. I paid over 11 thousand dollars for a car that was worth 6 thousand in good condition (interior). It had over 134,000 miles on it and after having it 6 months the head gasket blew, the CV joint is bad, the motor mounts are broken and it has major transmission issues. I pay 426 dollars a month for a car that is only worth 6 grand. I can't trade it in.

No one wants a cigarette burned, smelly car with major issues. I can't sell it on my own for the same reason, I can sell for it for around a thousand. I can get into a car that is 9 years newer, low mileage and doesn't smell for under 400 dollars a month. Not because CarHop helped me with my credit. They didn't and don't. I am stuck paying over $11 thousand dollars for a car I can only get $1000 dollars for. I have a lawyer and I am fighting their business practices SO BEWARE!!! Also if you change jobs they are horrible about changing your payment dates to match your new job.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Aug 3, 2018 went to CarHop in Spokane Valley, WA to see if I could get approved. They offered a warranty of 18 months or 18k miles was enticing. So the salesman John wanted me to give all my information first before telling you what you're approved for and none of the cars had price tags on them. Red flag #1! I took my teenage daughter to see how car buying is done. And at first we had a great day. Got approved for two cars. One that was so small and a PT Cruiser. So of course I said "yes" because I've owned one before and loved it. But monthly payment was so high $370 and down payment was $500, $100 more for the Cruiser John said. That was weird. So we signed our lives away and believing them the car was safe and reliable. 22 days after driving it, timing belt broke and we fought over towing before they decided to pay for it. 2 days. Then the Cruiser was in the auto shop for three weeks with no loaner offered.

Im disabled as well. So then I get the Cruiser back and within 1 day the car was having issues. There was silver flakes in the radiator and the radiator reservoir was pouring out coolant! I went through a bottle in one day! So I called CarHop and Angelica said to bring it in. They put a junkyard engine in the Cruiser from what autoshop said. Angelica offers me two other options of cars to exchange the Cruiser. I didn't even ask to trade. So I agreed to taking the 2006 Ford Freestar and signed a new contract etc.

In 2 days the van was overheating and engine was loud and shaky! I called them and said "My only option right now is returning the Van and get my full refund"! I brought it in and then they tell me it will take 7-10 days for a refund and the amount I'm getting back! Umm...I gave them $1200 in payments and downs. They sold me crap cars and I have called corporate. I'm done being taking for granted. John there is condescending to women. Steer clear from this CarHop! Even if it's your last resort. I got extremely lucky they owe me money and got out of two car contracts. We will see how much they say is due to me. If it's less than $1200 we will go to court.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

On September 20, 2018, I went into CarHop on Evergreen Way, and purchased a vehicle. The vehicle was $2,800, but marked up to over 9k, with a final payout of over 12k. I knew going in that I was going to be taken to the cleaners, but due to personal circumstances, felt I had no other options. CarHop advertises a 7 day, no hassle, money back guarantee. The vehicle turned out to not fit our immediate family needs. I went back into CarHop on September 22, 2018, and requested they take the vehicle back. Aaron ** was the “salesman,” he immediately got aggressive with me, demanding every reason under the sun, at which point, his coworker joined him. I felt threatened, and responded firmly, they needed to print out whatever I need to sign, so I can be done. They refused.

My husband came in, and they wouldn’t allow him to speak, even after asking him questions. They then demanded we leave, and come back Monday, to deal with the finance person, that they cannot do a return. As we were walking out, Jay ** told my husband, “You should never let her make any decisions on her own.” They were stalling, trying to get me past the 7 day policy. I learned this morning (9/24/18), that the other man in there, Jay **, is the Branch Manager, so they not only bullied me, they also flat out lied to me.

I emailed corporate, and also called. I spoke with a wonderful woman, who was disgusted by their behavior. She contacted the branch, I went in, and the entire tune changed. I signed a piece of paper and was done. The kicker here, is I managed to get financing from a reputable bank, and purchased a brand new SUV. Much lower interest rate, and oddly enough, the same payment. Do not purchase a vehicle from Everett CarHop. Their salesmen treat women like garbage.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The Chevy Trailblazer was overprice when they sold me the car. We bought 2004 Chevy Trailblazer and it had so much problems on it. They came and got their car and they want us to come get that piece of ** car. The payment was too high.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information