Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.29/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

In February we got to CHOOSE our vehicle. We wanted something bigger than a car and they had about 3 choices; a commander, a Suzuki and our jeep. We liked the first two because they had 3 rows. The commander didn't have the tile yet. The Suzuki was being looked at (and bought) by a lady who got there before us, so Natalia (I think is her name) very nice lady introduced us to the jeep and WE LOVED IT! We went in with $1000 down and a low credit score. I give 4 stars because it had more than 100000 miles and a week after we got it the alternator went out, but they paid for it to be replaced (not new) but we paid a little extra to get a better one. Also, the tire had a nail in it, but they paid for it to be sealed.

All our tires were brand new though other than the nail. We like the fact that "they turn your car off" because they HELP BUILD YOUR CREDIT THAT WAY. And if you keep communication open and pay on time, they will help when you need that one time (or few) extensions. I feel bad for the reviews I've read who got that bad car, we got a good one and love our jeep. Hopefully we can trade it in for a SUV/truck with less miles. I do recommend the CarHop in Colorado Springs CO. Very helpful to my family and I.

Original review: March 9, 2019

GO down and talk to Charles, OR ANY OF THE STAFF. Will take care of you and treat you like you are special. And help get you what you need! I still feel like I'm dreaming! I got a Diamond of a deal and recommend you go down today! They will make you happy you did! THANK YOU ALL at Tacoma CarHop! You have made my dreams come true! Tell them KATHY with the New Ford Expd. sent you.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have my 2nd vehicle, now from CarHop. 1st one was a 95 Buick Roadmaster!!! Loved it! Now, hard times, again. Went to CarHop in Lincoln, NE, and have my Jeep. Extremely nice people. Even when calling the 800 numbers to ask questions, the people in other areas get you taken care of. I have only one thing to say, "THANK YOU, CARHOP"!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I went to Carhop because like so many, my credit is shot and I needed a vehicle. Everyone was very friendly and I was offered two vehicles to choose from. The first was a sedan with a damaged door so I opted for the JEEP which was newer and nicer. Not even 6 months later, I notice my transmission is starting to go out. I can’t even get on the freeway because it will overheat and I have to pull over! I call the shop where Carhop tells me to go and they basically tell me there is absolutely nothing they will do for me until my transmission goes out 100%! I also enrolled in the option for autopay that allows you to skip a payment after six months of on-time payments. I went use it but upon seeing my account, I am marked as 1 day late for EVERY SINGLE PAYMENT MADE!!! I emailed their office and it’s been over a week and still no reply! I regret ever giving them my business!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I bought a car from them a year ago. It is in the shop every other week. I am tired of putting money into a piece of **. I will never get a car there again. I put 5000. Dollars into it already and it is down again. I will be looking to start a class action suite on them for anyone else that got ripped off. If I could have I would not have gave any stars. They are worth zero.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Yes I have bad credit but I was given preapproval and told to just bring back my proof of income and everything was good to go. I come back on Today, do as Ed said and brought my proof, asked for his manager like he said too, and was pushed off on to a saleswoman with a ** attitude name S. **. this woman from the get go didn't do anything that Ed did. She submitted another application and had an excuse every time she check my status. Added a co-buyer for more income and then the excuse they used to turn me down was the most outrageous and insulting one of all. My mother could not be my co buyer because of her medical condition so I just need to wait till my payee application is final and I control her money. Now what the hell does her medical condition got to do with anything if it's not when I control it? Help those in need; well that's a joke.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Do not buy a car from CarHop. If you miss a payment they will turn your car off. They will not turn it on no matter the circumstances until you make a payment. Warning not worth it. They trick me to give a good review at time of purchase. I’m apologize to anyone who read my review and bought their car from CarHop. Don’t do it to yourself. I was force to give one star to post a review. They deserve 0.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

It started out to be just fine and were very understanding then I was shown a car which I didn't pick. Was told drive it and then to choose if we liked it or not. Took it back 2 days later. They said they would look for something else. It was always, “Give us a couple days. We’re getting more in or waiting for titles.” that never happened. It was just a runaround. It was like if we kept the car then we'd end up keeping. It was as if they were just pushing this car on us and was never going to find another. Finally today my husband took it back and said, "Here you go." They were to have called to fix this noise. Never called but today they were jumping at the chance to go right in and call my husband. No you had your chance and he told they were just taking advantage of 2 handicapped people.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

After financing us a really old car with a 20% interest rate the first time my husband went in, we really didn't want to do business with CarHop again. But, they kept calling and emailing us over and over, and we have a second child on the way, so we thought we'd give it a go after getting an email saying we could get a nice car at their LOWEST interest rate. You can see proof of that in the photo below. This was a mistake.

We have been paying off this car for two years. We actually make two payments of 184 each a month, even though we have a 2001 LeSabre, and due the high interest rate and the rip off upfront cost, we still owe over $2,000. By the way, we sometimes make a third additional payment. We have kept the car in great condition, and just replaced the transmission. My husband works on cars so he's made lots of repairs and upgrades to this car, including a high end sound system.

We went into CarHop for an appointment. We sat in the hot lobby for at least half an hour waiting for some assistance. No one even went outside to look at cars with us. We have our child with us and I'm very obviously pregnant. After finally re-doing all the paperwork, they tell us to test drive a specific car. I told my husband our child and I would just wait as a I didn't want to be playing musical car seats all day. Well he comes back and says not only does the car have mechanical issues, but it has no AC. It's 105 degrees and the CarHop associate had seriously been trying to talk me into taking my 1 year old in car with no AC?

He gives us keys to another car. I could not even get in this car because it reeked so badly of cigarette smoke. I could see that the interior of the car is FILTHY before opening the door and as soon as I do open it, I gag. It was that bad. Again, I have my child with me and I am very obviously (and this point have mentioned to him, "Hey, I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I can't have a car with no AC") that I'm pregnant. So they say "Ok we'll see what car we can get you/we'll get special approval." This is after months of calls and emails saying we qualify for any car on the lot, which seemed feasible seeing as my husband now makes substantially more money, and we have never been even one day late on a payment in two years.

They show us a third car, which is the car we actually came in to look at. My husband drives it and tells me it does not have any issues. I go to look at it. It doesn't smell like smoke, but it is DISGUSTING. I mean there are chip crumbs on every single surface and crevice of this car. There is dried soda on the back doors. The steering wheel says, "STUPID" in sharpie on it. It would have take hours and hours of detailing to get it to a reasonable condition that I would have felt comfortable letting a toddler and newborn in it, but again, my husband works on cars, so we have access to professional detailing equipment, so we tell them okay, we will consider it.

That's when they sit us down and tell us this 10 year old car, that sells for $16k brand new/current model, mind you, is $9,000 and the trade in value of our car is $200. So they want to sell us completely disgusting a car at double KBB value and take less than what we pay a month as a trade in for it. They also wanted us to pay 14% interest.

The manager came out and tried to talk us into taking the overpriced car, but would not budge on the 14% interest of the car cost. She said they are over KBB price because CarHop does a lot to fix and recondition the trade in cars. I told her how nasty the cars were and she acted shocked and said she had no idea. Sounds like a ** manager if she doesn't know what's on her tiny lot. I don't know how these people sleep at night. Ripping off desperate people is a ** way to earn a buck, and if they're gonna be rip off artist scum bags they could at least clean their office, and keep the thermostat lower than 81 degrees.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We got a Ford Explorer from CarHop Bremerton, keep in mind I check my fluids weekly. We had this car 3 weeks. I changed the oil once in those 3 weeks. Went to check the oil and my wife notices no water in the radiator overflow then see oil on top of the engine and in the radiator. We call them. They set us up with their mechanic to put a NEW ENGINE in...without this car we are screwed and they don't offer rental cars. Without being able to work we can't pay them so we broke down and spent 300$ on a rental today.

2 weeks later we were told to pick it up. Now they say, "Ooops we blew this motor also." I'm like WTF. I know someone put spun glass in the original engine. The temp seal the crack and happens to blow out on us. How is this our fault they sold us a broken car that made it past their 5 day window and now we are stuck with it and about to go in debt paying for another rental for 2 weeks. I mean is that customer service or what. No it's shady from their office to their mechanics. I need an atty.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information