CarHop Auto Sales and Financing

Compare Auto Dealers

Research top Auto Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So I got a car from them and there is stuff wrong with it like I have to buy power steering every week, and I pay all this money and I call to get a PA, and the lady is very rude and she says she is a manager. Haha what a joke... All I wanted was an extra 5 days. It's bs. DON'T EVER GET A CAR FROM THEM. They don't care and they sell you crappy cars.

I went to CarHop on 01/31/17. After numerous calls from them to come and try them, I decided to check them out. Waste of time to say the least. I showed up and was greeted and went to salesperson's office. They left me in there for over an without coming back. After that I decided to leave and sales team actually called me and asked me why didn't go to my appointment. I told them I've been here for over an hour and a half. So when I went to the parking lot sales manager started to question me why I was leaving. Told them that I've been waiting over an hour and a half already and that no one had even come to check on me.

So walking through the parking lot I noticed most of the cars, actually 90% of them, that the cars had a lot of deaths of them. One had a broken windshield and a flat tire and most of the other cars worked really worth buying due to no care was given to those cars before selling. Was not a very professional place and I do not recommend them.

This company is ran by the mob people. Please don't wasted your time with this company. I am a single mother of three and needed a car to get around. My credit wasn't all that great and so I took a chance on CarHop and they got me into a 2000 winstar van. At first It seemed kinda weird to me that they didn't even let me pick out my own car but me and my kids really was in need of transportation so I took the car home. On my way home the car started overheating so I turned around and went back to carhop. They gave me a list of the mechanic and told me to drop my car off at one and they would take care of the full cost.

I trusted that they would so I went to pick my car up three days later and they charged me a 70$. I didn't really have the money like that so I went back to carhop and told them I didn't want the car anymore and she told me since it's been three days they have to repo me and I would have 10,000 owed on my credit score. So I just took a chance on keeping the car. Since then my transmission blew out. I took it to their mechanic got it fix. Then my head gasket went out, took it to their mechanic, got it fixed and it was still overheating.

The trauma of my life. I was driving me and my kids on the freeway going 60mph and on the fast lane my engine just blew up. I had no real control over the wheel. There were cars coming from every direction. At that moment I thought I was going to wreck something serious but with the grace of God the car just stopped. After that I am scared to drive. I will never get behind the wheel again. I am seriously traumatized with something serious. Me and my kids could have been seriously hurt over a vehicle that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

So at the moment I called UaC and let them know what was going on with the car. They told me to call their mechanic and see if they can get it towed. None of their mechanics was in a reachable area so I called my mother to see if I can use her Triple A. I had a friend come gather me and my children so that we can go to a local gas station to make a couple phone calls to get my car off the freeway. I finally got a hold of a tow truck that was affordable to get my car off the freeway. We were less than 20 minutes getting back to my van.

The police had got my car towed because it was in a hazardous area so I still have to pay the tow truck for coming and now I was facing charges to get my car out of tow yard. They told me it was going to cost a total of $350 which I did not have plus I had to pay $260 to CarHop for my weekly car. Note at that moment I just could not afford it. They called me harassing me saying that they have my car in their possession so I just told them since they have it they can keep it because from that moment I knew I was not going to drive it anymore. Now I have $7,000 owed on my credit for a car that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

Something has to be done people. They cannot keep taking advantage of low-income families with bad credit. They take her back credit and create worst credit for us. If anyone knows someone who can help with this situation I would greatly appreciate it. Please leave this mob family CarHop alone. I was always on time with my payments $180 every two weeks. Never missed a beat even when my car was having trouble. Now I'm carless. I didn't have transportation to work anymore so I was terminated. I got evicted out of my apartment because due to me not being able to work. I couldn't afford my rent now. Me and my children are staying back with my mother. I'm 27 years old and the biggest mistake of my life was going to CarHop.

My boyfriend got a car from them and it was an alright car until we had to return it due to finance troubles. We voluntary returned the car to them and they turned around and told us he was getting a repossession on his credit score and all that. First off they never informed us of this when we went in the first place or else we would have walked out empty handed. They didn't go through all the paperwork with us. They just started saying random stuff about the paperwork.

They not only got rude to my boyfriend who is hard of hearing but also got extremely rude to me and his aunt. Now they are turning around and this Maria girl keeps calling his cell phone from the Monroeville location and she got ignorant with my boyfriend over the phone and downgrading him and saying "well you have a turn signal bulb out on the car so you need to come here and replace it" and he said "no I can't because I have no way there and it's now in your possession so no I don't."

And she then said "well where is the car at?" And he said "it is at the Monroeville location." So I got on the phone trying to figure out what was going on and she started getting ignorant to me and said "he owes us all this money back" and I said "well how much." And she refused to answer me and kept dodging the question of how much until she said "look at the paperwork" and I said "I am. So what am I looking for." And she said "it's on the paperwork." And I then said "ok since you don't want to tell me then we don't owe you guys a ** dime" and then she hung up on me.

I turned around, called back and got the Maria girl again and I told her that I was sorry for swearing and that I am trying to figure out what is going on with my boyfriend's account and she said "I can't talk to you because it's his account." And I said "I understand that but he has you guys put a note on the account that authorizes that you can talk to me unless you guys never put it in or someone deleted it." So she hung up on me the second time and I called back once again to talk to the manager to tell them to quit calling my boyfriend's cell phone number and this Maria girl picked up the phone and I hung up. Now Maria has my email address and she keeps emailing me and won't stop and I told her to remove my email from the account.

They are completely ignorant to customers and they say that they help people with no credit or bad credit to get cars when all they are doing is digging the customer's credit down even worse than ever before to where they can't ever get good credit. Plus they overprice their cars. I would never ever recommend anyone going to CarHop.

I bought a car from CarHop back in April of 2015. Right off the lot the car started leaking oil, power steering fluid and transmission fluid. That problem was resolved. A few months after that I started to notice that all the CarHops in the Saint Louis, MO area have shut down or gone out of business. Then I started having other problems with the vehicle since early 2016. Even though the car wasn't driveable and has been sitting in my driveway, I continued to make my payments on time and all the time. I stopped making payments about a month ago after I had to purchase another vehicle because my fiance is pregnant and the bus won't work for a newborn.

Since then I've talked to my account manager (Natasha) and it's been nothing but verbal abuse. She is very unprofessional. She questions people's intelligence and speaks down on people as if she's better than the next person. Then I spoke with someone else (Yvette) and she was no better. Every time I ask to speak to the person over them they use the same she just stepped out or went to lunch excuse. I offered to have the car voluntarily repossessed before I stopped making payments and the woman Natasha said that voluntary repossession isn't an option. She always said that they won't repo the vehicle because UAC simply doesn't want the vehicle. I finally talked to someone that was very reasonable and very professional from UAC (Deborah). She took notes and tried to help me with other options to get the amount paid off. She also told me that repossession is an option, but I would have to take the car to a carhop location.

The nearest CarHop to me is 3 hours away in Joplin Missouri. I am now seeking an attorney to hand this off to. I wouldn't recommend CarHop or UAC to anyone. I can't say that all CarHops are bad because I've only dealt with a couple here in St. Louis, but UAC should be shut down immediately. Not only that they didn't honor the warranty after they dealt with the first problem. The shops that were recommended to fix their vehicles when I first purchased the vehicle has gone out of business now which is also weird. Shop other places before having to put up with the constant bs. They are happy as long as you're paying them even for a broken piece of junk. Be aware. I am going to try my hardest to get media exposure along with a lawsuit to deal with this matter.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Anyone reading this review--Please, please, please do not buy a car from these people! Go anywhere else! I can't believe these rip-off artists are still in business!

You will regret ever dealing with these heartless-Monsters! CarHop is a company without a soul! I finished paying off that piece-of-garbage I purchased from them years ago and I still regret it. I'm here to warn anyone who think CarHop is their last option. There are so many other options out there for people with not-so-good credit. There is a great car waiting for you - Do your homework. Don't settle for a expensive piece of overpriced garbage!!! You deserve better!

This was the best experience I have had with buying a car. Melvin was kind, courteous and friendly. I went to just check out my options and I ended up leaving with my New SUV (new to me). I did test drive 2 different cars and made my decision without any hassle or stress whatsoever. He got me approved and my children was so happy to drive around in my New SUV. Thank you so much once again Marvin "the man" **.

Back in June of this year I went to CarHop in hopes to purchasing a decent vehicle, considering the fact that I didn't have much credit. The process was easy and got the car the same day I walked in, but before I could make my first payment the car became a nightmare. I noticed that when I got the car the check engine light keep coming on and off and the oil light too. I told CarHop about it and they sent me to Autosport. The manager of Autosport said that he would have to keep the car for a couple of days to diagnostic it, but he didn't believe it was a big deal probably a sensor that needed to be replaced. I took his word and left because Carhop said he was the best.

Then the car started shaking and it would die on me while I was driving and it was smoking. I told Carhop about the issue and they sent me to their mechanic and he said it was a leaking water pump that needed to be replaced. So I took the car to the mechanic and it took him a whole week to put in a new water pump. A whole week I had to find rides to and from work because that was my only car and Carhop wouldn't give me a rental for the time being. I got the car back and the water pump was fixed no more smoking but the car was still shaking and dying out on me while driving.

I told Carhop again about the situation and they said that I have to take it to Autosport and pay the $75 fee to have a diagnostic. I told them about my 18,000 mile warranty and they said during the first 30 days they only cover the problems that occur then. No one told me about a 30 warranty on top of a 18,000 mile warranty better yet I don't remember reading about it on my contract. They also told me that the 18,000 mile warranty is to only cover car if it was a transmission or an engine problem. Now mind you that when I drove my car it wouldn't coast in drive or reverse and it didn't shift properly from first to second.

So I decided to take it to an outside mechanic to get an second opinion. These guys I went to said the same thing about the drive and shifting. It was bad and dangerous. I asked the mechanic if I can get a report on the problems on the car so I can take it to the dealership. Problems were an O2 sensor that made the check engine light go off all the time and the transmission was failing. I took all this information in to Carhop and they said they still couldn't pay for the repairs. I was like, "But you said transmission or engine it would be fixed." Dude came up with fifty-five million excuses.

The car started to drive really bad. One night after leaving my girlfriend mom's house I was in the middle of the intersection when the car shook really bad and died with oncoming traffic approaching. The car started back up luckily because my PREGNANT girlfriend, her SON and myself would've been hit by the oncoming traffic and probably would have lost our lives. I was done with the car after that. Before I told them to come and take the car it had sat for a whole month and for a whole month I told them that car is a death trap and still nothing was done. I even asked for a different car they shut me down. I highly don't recommend going to Carhop. I will get my money back for all the hell they put my family and I through.

I bought a car from Carhop last year a 2005 Ford Escape. Just last week I took it to their shop guy and found out the transmission needs to be replaced. Found out that I was over 4,000 miles from the warranty. I told them "you charge this for 7500.00 when its Kelley blue book value is about 4,000.00 and now the warranty has expired because I hit over my 18,000 miles. You're a rip off and this car would have been paid off in 10 months." I'm planning on suing them due to the fact that this car was not in good standing and when I first bought I couldn't drive it for 2 weeks because it was in the shop. The warranty should be for the 18 months since these cars end up needing a lot of work anyways.

So in Oct-November 2015 I leased a Chrysler Concorde 2003 from CarHop. This car broke down on the 580 freeway 3 months after I left the car lot. This car was towed to the shop Rainbow Auto in Hayward CA and I paid the tow fees. UAC told me they would help and warranty would pay for the car in the shop. Rainbow Auto called me 2 weeks later and told me the car needed a new engine and they put one into the car but, the computer blew out and they don't make the part to fix it. During all this I'm making the car payment on time. Trying to keep my job as a Case Manager. I got on the bus after work and made my way to CarHop in Hayward CA.

When I arrived the representative presented me with a chance to refinance another vehicle with them a 2003 Impala. This vehicle lasted 2 months and UAC towed to the shop Oakland Auto Tech. The diagnosis of this vehicle was blown heads and water in the engine. Oakland Auto Tech called and stated the car was fixed after a week or two. The car lasted 1 month and a rod shot a hole in the engine. We almost died this time on the freeway. The Highway Patrol Officer stated we were lucky. During this time I'm still working and making all my car payments on time. UAC/CarHop told me to get the vehicle back to Oakland Auto Tech and tell them to fix it right. Meanwhile UAC is asking for more money. I will see y'all in court soon. DON'T GO TO CARHOP ANYWHERE.

I purchased a 2002 Ford Escape from the CarHop at the Topeka location. This is the 2nd car I was put into because I originally purchased a 2008 PT Cruiser (in September 2016) that sat in one of your local contracted mechanics shops without being touched the whole time. So I was given the chance to get another vehicle - which was the 2002 Ford Escape.

The day before I got the Escape, I was allowed to drive it around - in which it didn't give me any issue - other than the spark plug/coil issue that the store manager (Mike) made me aware of and agreed to get it fixed. The next day when I went to pick up the truck, it drove okay until the coolant light started flashing (now mind you, it didn't do any of that the day before). I pulled in front of auto zone and found out the coolant reservoir was completely empty/bone dry. So the worker at Auto zone put coolant into and the light went off. I headed to a gas station to put gas in it and as soon as I pulled up, that same coolant poured out the bottom on the truck! And that moment, I called CarHop and advised them of the situation. The lady who was very helpful advised me that they was going to get it taken care of and set it up for me to get it to one of the authorized shops.

I took the car to an authorized dealer who did a diagnostic test and realized the issue with the coil/spark plug to find out there was a bigger issue - the motor had a hole in it from where the spark plug needed to be replaced. CarHop provided the parts, however my truck sat in this dealer shop for 2 weeks, jacked up in the air after the parts was given without being touched - (I know because I drove by every day as well as had another fella to check on my vehicle). The mechanic had every excuse he could think of why it wasn't done. Anyhow, I contacted your corporate office in which a man and a lady were very nice, attentive and helped me to get in contact with the mechanic to check on the status on my vehicle. Each time the mechanic was contacted, he pointed out other issues that needed to be fixed and parts he was waiting on from CarHop.

During this whole time, I've had to pay out of pocket for a rental car AND continued to make payments to this 2002 Ford Escape vehicle that I haven't YET had in possession. So on 10/29/16, the mechanic contacts us and say that my Ford Escape was ready. He did advised me that it may ride a little sluggish due to the new parts (well - apparently they are used which I was informed later today by CarHop corporate manager - Cecilia). So, I take the truck and get on the highway -- my Ford Escape literally DIES as soon as I get off the highway. I tried to restart it and it would not start back up. It was clicking. So I called mechanic who "worked" on my car, he came with a tow truck and another gentlemen. He gave the Ford Escape a jump start and gave me enough power to make it to his shop. He tested the battery and he said it read bad, so he replaced it and told me to go to O'Reilly's to test the alternator and the battery and to call him.

I make it to O'Reilly to get it tested and was advised the battery tested well, but the alternator would not read. So it was either a bad alternator, or a wiring issue. So I called the mechanic and he advised that he couldn't get to it today on 10/29/16 but he could get to it on 10/30/16 Sunday morning. We called him Sunday morning and he said couldn't do it because he was out of town but said to drop my car there at his shop and he will get to it in this morning. We called this morning and he did not answer. So I called CarHop corporate and got a young lady name Tasha or Latasha or Natasha. I explained to her the situation and told her that I was concerned about the parts that CarHop paid for is not what's been placed in my car and my concern was that the parts CarHop paid extensive monies for was NOT being used in my vehicle.

So I asked if I can take it to another one of YOUR authorized mechanics to verify if the parts were replaced and placed right. Ms. Tasha/Natasha/Latasha responded and advised me that I can take it where I want however, I will be responsible for the diagnostic AND the CarHop deductible. I asked her I didn't understand because now the car is not working at all at the hands of one of THEIR authorized mechanics and now it's not working at all! The lady again repeated the same thing. I then asked if I can speak to a manager, the lady told me that I can hang up and call back. I told her no, I would like to speak to a manager; she then transferred me to the Corporate Manager, Cecilia.

I explained pretty much the same thing to Ms. Cecilia that I explained to Tasha and Cecilia repeated the exact thing that Ms. Tash told me - that I can take it to where I want but I will responsible for any costs that come with it. I explained to Ms. Cecilia how I feel that it's not fair nor right that I have been paying on a car that I haven't been able to drive since I've gotten it, been in the shop for the past 30 days but instead been having to pay on a rental on top of paying on this car that I did not have. Ms. Cecilia felt the need to tell me that I do realize that I got a car that is 14 years old, and that the parts that CarHop pays for are not new parts they are used parts. So I asked her was I supposed to be okay with paying on a lemon that I have not YET been able to drive? And would it be okay if I stopped paying on a car that HAS NOT YET been in my possession - but in their authorized dealer shop instead?

She said that I obviously don't know the lemon law and that yes, once I signed the contract to take on that car, I am responsible and stuck with it whether it runs or not. So I repeated myself again and said - "so you're saying it's OKAY for me to be sold a lemon car that has been placed in the shop no later than 24-48 hours of me getting it and been in the shop for over 30 days - whether it's running or not?" She then said its not okay to be sold a car that's not working, but since I signed the contract, I'm pretty much stuck with it and again repeated that I can take the car anywhere else I choose but I will be stuck with the costs.

So at that point, I explained to Ms. Cecilia that the practice they are doing is not right, nor customer friendly - selling obviously junk cars. So I made her aware that this situation will be exposed and I will take it further.

Your corporation feels that it's not fair to just stop payment on a car that I signed a contract with, but have NOT YET driven, but it's not fair for me (or anyone for that nature) to continue to pay on a car that I CAN'T DRIVE. I will make sure and make it my duty that everyone is aware of how CarHop is treating their customers - even from the corporate level. I'm a hard working parent - I don't want to be taken advantage of and I'm sure your corporation doesn't want to lose business but your corporation is NOT operating on the best business practices NOR on an ETHICAL level. It's more of taking advantage of hard working individuals that are trying to rebuild their credit or dire need of transportation. I thought it was about having satisfied customers so they can recommend their friends, family etc - not taking advantage.

So I surely will not be recommending any of my fellow family members, coworkers, etc. to CarHop. I do plan to make all aware of the unprofessional manner of your corporate staff in Minnesota. And to make matter worse, I've bought a car from you all before in 2005 and I received very professional service then. I did not have a problem WHATSOEVER! Excellent service! What I've encounter so far from your staff and corporate levels have been nothing but disgust and absolute disappointment. And to think about getting my daughters a car from you all - I'm so glad I did not proceed with that idea!

I went to CarHop about a month ago and bought a 2004 Tahoe and I was happy that I drove away with a car with no down payment. But then after driving the vehicle for a day it started having problems. Once I picked up speed and got to 50 mph the car started shaking and started making noise...so I called CarHop on Monday and took my vehicle to their mechanic to have CarHop fix the issue...and the mechanic said that I needed to get the tires rotated and balanced and an alignment done...and that he was going send that info to CarHop to see if they would cover the cost. I haven't heard back from them and from reading all the other reviews about CarHop... it seems that I am going to stuck with paying for the issue myself. So if any is thinking about buying a car from them please keep in mind that you're going to be buying a car that you're going to have to fix yourself.

It's sad that there are people and companies out there to take advantage of others who are either too poor and just able to pay their bills and need a car to get to work. Shame on you CarHop??? I think once someone gets in a car accident which involves one of your unsafe vehicles and takes you to court maybe just maybe you will start checking your vehicles better before you sell them.

I purchased a car from CarHop last year and have had terrible service the whole time. I was not able to drive my car a full month without something going wrong with it that should have been covered under warranty. I have probably spent more money to fix the car than what the car is actually worth and should have cost me $0. The mechanics that they are affiliated with has lied to them about what parts they fixed on my car and when I notified carhop they told me oh well pretty much and kick rocks. I have had 2 account managers that have talked to me in such an unprofessional way. I have had to go above their head to get the job done. I have only had my car and able to drive for about 7 months out of the 14 months I've had the car.

Called in to CarHop finance company to make a payment arrangement, they told me I couldn't make one and they were very rude about asking a lot of personal questions. Then they hung up on me and I was being very nice. They're a very bad company to work with. I don't recommend anybody getting a car through CarHop. Lesson learned.

This is a business that sells itself as putting people with horrible credit and no license, no income verification, and most anything else you can think of, in a car to meet your financial situation and rebuild credit. Well if that's their forte, then why did you deny me because of inquiries? They were all car loan inquiries. On top of all that, the inventory is horrible. They are going to sell you the car for anywhere between 7000 and 14000. Even if the retail book is 4000. That's against the law. Then the interest is 23.9% no matter what. They say that they will work with you to get you the patent you need. They set you an pp appointment. You fill out an app. They submit it to their corporate office. The office sends back the price and payment. They lie in their advertising. They constantly call you to get you there. It's appointment only and now I see why.

My point of view is that if you're a bottom feeder lender, then people who can't and are trying to get are will have auto inquiries. So I can't believe that inquiries all from Auto dealers would be a surprise. So if you want a car that a homeless person would be embarrassed of and you want a payment of 360-470 a month for 30 months... then this is your place. But if you have any common sense and any self respect, stay away from this place. I drove 90 miles to be lied to. It's not car sales there. It's order processing. So maybe you would be better off for employment if you are unskilled. Avoid this scam.

I purchased a 2001 Malibu and the total cost was $9000. They don't tell you how much the car is and payments until after you have signed contract. Had problems with the car regarding brakes and coolant in the beginning. Had to go to Consumers Affair Auto to get my brakes redone after their person SAID they did the brakes but didn't. Had put new coolant reservoir on, thermostat, & water pump.

When I signed contract, I was told repairs would be covered in my warranty until car was paid off. They changed that and did not relay this to me. Continued having coolant problems, had a water leak and couldn't find out where it was leaking from. Now mind you, I am a disabled grandmother who had been dealing with issues for 2 years, I got tired of dealing with the problems and took the car back. They sold the car for $750.00 (which I don't believe) and still want me to pay them over $2000.00. If anyone know of a lawsuit against PLEASE contact me. It is a shame that people take advantage of people the way they do. If you have another option to get, do it!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

Bought my car in October of 2015, they did their little talk about how they will better my credit and so forth. Then when it was time to get the car I only had two to choose from that were on the lot. We were looking for a mini van or truck. The two cars we had to choose from were really not to what I was wanting but needed a car.

Two weeks after getting the car it had electrical issues. They told me to take it to one of their shops. Drove it to Vallejo and the shop said that it was a loose cable. BS when we made the 2nd payment while we were at the store in Vallejo the car died again, they said they would have it towed to the shop to have it worked on. My starter caught on fire. When I called the shop where it was to be towed they had not seen the car or even knew what I was talking about, called Vallejo store and they said that they were waiting for Hayward office to contact them then they would have a tow truck pick up the car.

I had to do the calls. I was told that they would take care of everything, 96.00 later (warranty coverage) ha ha they cover everything. Not. They said that the starter wasn't part of the warranty... HELLO only had the car a few weeks and the problem started right out the gate. Then when I was at the shop I noticed my brake light was on the mechanic put in brake fluid and the light went out, then a few days later it was back on. And also the check engine light. My master cylinder was going out and they never changed the plugs or wires before selling the car. Still fighting the electrical problem. I am having to be jumped started at least 10 to 15 a month, no problems with battery or alternator had them checked.

Then for the past 3 months been fighting with CARHOP and UAC Warranty about a gas leak problem but no one would get back to me. Then Sunday figured I would change the filter thinking that was the problem only found out that the gas tank had a crack, where someone put JB Weld or something to that mess and then spray painted to hide it, well then the fumes are bad was told by a mechanic do not drive it.

Called Carhop and UAC. Got the run arounds until I said "fine will be contacting a Attorney" and lo and behold "we will find a shop close to you can get it fixed. We will take care of it all." The Shop is telling me that it's the fuel pump. EXCUSE ME FUEL PUMPS DO NOT LEAK... I can not stand the fact they are playing with people like this selling Junk can. The costs are nuts and if you miss one day of payment they are calling you and harassing you to make the payment or they threaten to TURN off the Starter... That right there is wrong. NO other dealers do this. They just repo the car if you are behind or let you work things out. I think they need to shut these people DOWN. They already have the credit issue that went to court and lost. I think there should be a lawyer or someone who is willing to file a class action lawsuit against these people.

Mr. Jake ** Is an OUTSTANDING REP. However, he was the ONLY REP there from open until Midnight or longer w/ NO A.C. The store manager provide incorrect info! They DO give bad cars beyond repair/hustle you.

I will never buy a car from a bad credit place again. First used car off the lot. It should have came from a junkyard. CarHop is the worst company to get cars from. They're not trustworthy and then they act like they care for what you say and don't accommodate anything. I'm ready to sue this place.

Call 800 number and advised them of my bad credit, repo, and amount I had to put down. They told me they could get me in a car but when I got to office they told me I needed double the money down and only could pick 1 of 2 small cars that I specifically told Rachel I didn't want before she ran my app. Today I called to say I had the money which is a week later and now they say they have no cars they can approve me for.

I purchased the car and 6 days later the engine blew. Long story short, CarHop said "take it to our mechanic, they will fix it." THE ENGINE NEEDED REPLACED. After 2 weeks I got it back. When I got it back the engine ran but the air conditioner was broke so the next day took it BACK FOR AIR CONDITIONER. Then I had this car for 3 weeks and it overheated. The engine light came on... I haven't been driving it. I am going to take it in for repairs again but I am afraid I have been too trusting. Now it's been 2 months. I am going to take it in. I hope CarHop/UAC make it right. I have had this car two months and I'm afraid to drive it anywhere for fear it will break down. I am taking to THEIR mechanic tomorrow. My warranty is good. I'll have it FIXED again. Hmmm fixed... Right.

Updated on 07/16/2016: Well it's been a couple of weeks update. I called 07/15/16 to tell them I had fixed the car. It cost me but I would pay them Aug 1 my July 1 bill. They said no. That if I didnt pay the full amount they would disable my starter. WELL... AN HOUR LATER I CHECKED AND YES ONCE AGAIN STRANDED WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION. I am a single 56 yr old woman who has to not only figure out a way around but I have PTSD. This is not my idea of good customer service. That car altogether has ran for maybe 2 1/2 weeks total. I finally get it working and carhop turns it off. I need a lawyer.

I don't even know where to begin. This place is so fraudulent. I got a car from them for $200.00 down. I told their employee I didn't want to spend over $300 a month. He said "no problem" and put me in some crappy looking car. I just started college and needed something so I test drove it and didn't seem like anything was wrong. A week later, my first time on a freeway driving 65 mph the car starts sputtering and the lights started to flicker in the car. Not just the lights but everything electric. Immediately I pull over and call them and they say "take it to our mechanic to look at but if it's nothing in the warranty you have to pay the diagnostic." Umm WTF? So I took it to my job who would check it for free and they found over 3,000 dollars of problems. I argued with them for weeks and eventually they offer me a trade in. I was hesitant but needed a car.

So the second car. I had this car for about 3 weeks without a problem until I was driving home from work and the car just started slowing down and smoke started rushing from the car. While I'm standing there telling them on the phone what's happening their rude customer service rep said "just get a tune up". I had the car towed to my job and again they handed me an estimate with over 5,000 dollars worth of crap that needed to be fixed. I called them again and this time I was livid.

Another rude rep begins telling me and my mom that people like me shouldn't get cars they can't afford. So I immediately drove the car to their location and confronted their employees and said "I want this contract voided." I want nothing to do with these rude, non helping, incompetent people. Fast forward 3 months later, I check my credit for a different reason and see a VOLUNTARY REPOSSESSION FOR OVER 7,000 dollars from this BS company. I refuse to let them win. This company screws everyone over.

Bought a car from them in 2014. Because of my credit, I didn't have many options available. They sold me a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am. The car was filthy. The check engine light was on. I called them and they sent me to their mechanic. The car spent more time in the shop than it did on the road. I called CarHop and told them to come get the car. I stopped making payments because I couldn't afford to keep making payments and fix what was wrong with the car. They told me they were sending someone to get it. Well here it is 2016 and they still haven't picked it up. My credit shows it was charged off. I called again to see about fixing the issue. They said to give them $1600.00 and it would show as being paid. Meanwhile the car sat for a year not running! I'm so sorry I ever dealt with them and advise you not to deal with them.

CarHop Auto Sales & Finance is a used car dealership where I financed a 2005 Hyundai Tucson back in December of 2015. I was extremely excited about the fast approval and low down payment when I got the car. This definitely felt like the right decision to make if you wanted to get your credit back in good standings. On May 23rd I had the vehicle towed to Jesco Auto Center (which is an auto repair center that works with/ for CarHop) when it stopped running at my school. They informed me that the vehicle needed a new Engine as well as A/C Compressor. After two attempts for the same safety-related problem, CarHop was unsuccessful in repairing the vehicle within the first 18 months following my purchase. When I came by to check on my vehicle no one could tell me where it was located.

I contacted their automobile finance company UAC to inform them that I haven't seen my car for over a month and they said that they'd accommodate me by waving my payment for the month. A week later they sent me a notification saying that my payment is past due then denied any accommodations that were made. I felt like I as well as my situation was treated with dishonesty, indignity, and disrespect. The 2005 Hyundai Tuscan has spent over 30 days in the shop for multiple repair attempts during my warranty period when it was suppose to take me to Colorado where I was visiting my daughter. I feel like 30 days is more than a 'reasonable' amount of total days in the shop during the warranty period. I'm very disappointed in this company.

I got my CarHop Car, and I was badly treated because I have roachy credits, but I did promise that I would pay this time. Just because I had other repos, they made me have a high interest rate, even though I said I was going to pay this time. It was like they didn't trust me, because of my 3 repos and 2 bankrupts. Since those credits are discharged I don't owe anyone anything, but they said I was roachy anyway.

So I got the Pontiac Grand AM, and just because I miss the first 3 payments and my down payment check was bouncing they repoed me! Can they do that? I would've made some payments but the guy kept calling me and bugging me about the down payment check. It wasn't my fault that check was bouncing, since the account was old and closed up and I still had some checks. Unbelievable! I will not buy anything ever again from CarHop.

(Failed Transmission) first year of receiving. 2/14. The vehicle.transmission repaired with used parts on 5/14. 7/15 transmission failed again. Took the vehicle to three of their mechanics. All stated (damaged) unsafe to drive. While still under warranty UAC told me to fix the problem. The vehicles broke down while driving home in traffic placing me in danger. UAC continued to ask me to repair/and pay note.

I put $2000 down on a car, didn't even get the car I picked. Left with a car. A week later, it was not 7 days then. My engine light came on, and I had a loud noise coming from my tires. CarHop sent me to their garage. They said it wasn't under warranty. I took it to Midas, they said the codes were erased and I needed wheel bearings for $500. Carbon didn't care at all. My car went bad. Every month it was in the shop. It is broke down outside my house as I can't keep putting money into it. I filed for bankruptcy, still my payments are coming straight out of my checks. Carbon sent my payments as closed to the credit unions. I'm still paying, never missed a payment. Carbon ruined my life and credit. The whole company is a joke. Giving out a car, give me a damn car, CarHop.

Needed a vehicle. Long story, why, was out of work for three years. Used almost all the money I had in 2013. Had a job offer then I was working again so I went to CarHop, put 500 down thinking I could pick out what I wanted but they didn't do it that way. But I just needed transportation 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. When I was signing the contracts I really wasn't paying attention other than I was gonna be driving and not walking and the payments would come out off my debit card. Well anyway maybe a month went by when UAC sent me a letter saying my payment was overdue.

They set it up for the first and third weeks. When I got paid the 2nd and 4th week of the month I called once, the guy said we cannot change the days then I got another letter and I called again and this guy said "No problem, I will adjust your account." Then it was all good until September of this year when I got laid off so UAC called and said "where's our ** money." I told I got laid off, got to go on unemployment and I was waiting for that which seemed to be a problem anyhow. They have been harassing me every to weeks cause it's back to the 1st and third week. I'm mad because I looked at the contract and I getting screwed paying $15,602.00. I'm out of unemployment, can't find a job. Now they will repo cause a white man can't get a break. Thanks, any comments would be cool..

Consumer Increased Rating!

I went to carhop in Carnegie! I had issues with the first car I got from there which was a ford focus. At first, it was a hassle trying to get another vehicle, but after the manager Jason really started to understand the issues I was having with the car he got me another vehicle! In fact, he put me into a better vehicle! Thanks, Jason!

Roberta of Pittsburgh, PA on

Original Review

I had the worst experience I ever had buying a car from CarHop. I had issues with my car since I've gotten it. I got my car from the CarHop in Carnegie, PA. I agreed taking it to a garage they told me to take it to. The garage told me to take it back and gave me 2 sheet print out of repairs. I took it back. I spoke to the manager, Jason, which is the worst salesman I have ever seen in my life. I don't know how he's a manager. Extremely poor customer service skills. Then he had the nerve to tell me and my mother that the garage they had me go to was trying to steal money from them and rip them off.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Me and my mother stood there with their mouths wide open. He wanted to send me to another place but I wasn't allowed to contact them. I use my car for work and to get my daughter to and from school. It sat for days. It's almost as if nothing at all was fixed on my car. It has all the same problems. I wouldn't recommend CarHop for a crash dummy. At this point I am considering taking legal action. Ohh yeah keep in mind I only had my car 33 days!!! Which is still under a warranty 18,000 miles.

I made the mistake of getting a car from them back in January 2014. I felt I didn't really have a choice. I was a single mother in a car that was breaking down and no money to fix it. Walked into CarHop and told them I'm looking to get a car. Asked if I had money down, I said no. They ran my stuff, ask me if I could use my tax return over the next two years as a down payment, told them yes. They gave me 3 options, told me the one that was the cleaner is the better of the three. I took it for a test drive. It was an OK car and it was definitely cleaner than the other ones. I signed the paperwork and drove off with my car.

Later on I started having an issue with the body control manual which controls everything electronic about the car. I called and complained multiple times. They told me to get it fixed, keep the receipts and they would work with me with the payments. The part itself it was a $500 piece, the labor and programming I'm not sure how much that was because I didn't take the time to look.

August of 2015 they called me telling me, "Good news, you can trade in your car to get you into a newer car with a new warranty." I hesitated on this. Me and my fiance went and looked at cars and again was given three options. Was told which one was the best, took that one for a test drive. I fell in love with their car. I have everything and it is a luxury car with remote start, keyless entry. Everything I gotta crash. October of 2015 I thought my car was totaled. Luckily I was able to get the car fixed and a few things they did they would not fix. I had to get a total of 410 tags and now my car is sitting in a parking spot not able to move. They lost the title. They told me to trade that car in for a new one or should I say a different one.

I am 4 months pregnant. All their cars are in bad shape and the inside stinks so now I am waiting for the title for my car, still making payments on the car. I love my car. Don't like what they are doing nor do I like the fact that they are not doing anything to really fix it. The car itself is worth the wait but still they should do something to fix it. I have been patient with them and worked with them. They should do the right thing. I also will not recommended them to no one.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Profile