1.20/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

163 CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I applied online with this company and a few others. As expected I received a phone call and email regarding my "approved status". Alas when I inquired about the down payment and percentage rate they couldn't disclose until I would come in due to "inventory". Sorry but I won't be coming in until I know what I was approved for. Sorry but I will buy a car elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I unfortunately have been with CarHop for about almost 2 years. Have done my best to maintain payment and maintain car and today 9/26/17 my front left wheel fell off and my car collapsed while I was driving. It was the most scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I called CarHop and all they could tell me is that they can defer a payment. I have a car with only 3 wheels and that it is clearly not safe and that is what you tell me? No one at least said, "Are you ok? Are you safe? Were your kids with you? My goodness. I’m sorry. Let’s see what we can help you with.” No. I got, “We can defer your payment.”

I’m scared to get in it. I don’t know what to do and no one at this raggedy place can give an idea or even lets make you feel safe. This is a shady business, people. Please be very careful going through this company. They are definitely the devil. I’m still shaking and it was this afternoon that this happened. Do not do it, people. Please figure out another option.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

CarHop is the worst place to get a car from. Anybody thinking about going to CarHop, DON'T!!!! I got a car from them only put 200 down and even test drived the car it ran cool. So I went through with the contract due to I needed a car for the winter. So my high payments were 195 biweekly 380 a month. So about 2 months after having the car the check engine light comes on so l take it to AutoZone to see what's wrong. After they do their thing they say I was misfiring. So I made plans for a tune up when I get payed. Well before I could get it to the shop the car started running like crap would not go over 40 mph. So I went and got the car a tune up spent 180 on the job the car still ran like crap after the tune up so I can't even drive this car because it takes a long time for the car to get up to 40mph so I was pretty much slugging around town too slow.

So I called CarHop. They tell me they will help but I need to take it to one of their shop for a 100 dollars diagnostic fee. I went somewhere else than their shop and got it done for free due to I was already paying too much for the car and for it to keep running, I could not afford CarHop's shops diagnostic fees. So I figure out it was a bad Cadillac converter which was not covered by warranty and was costly for repairs. Now this is 4 months into this contract I should have never did. 4 months and the car start to break down!

Man I got a car for $1000 off the streets and that car lasted me until I lost it due to being in jail but the point is I got that car off the street and that car lasted years and probably would still be running to this day, but CarHop a legitimate car dealership sold me a piece of crap that would not even last 6 months. Man all CarHop is a place that will take advantage of you due to your bad credit and eagerness to get a car. They got me with their high priced hoopty's. Don't f with CarHop and I'm down for a class action against these clowns cause I gave their hoopty back cause I would rather deal with my credit than keep getting robbed by CarHop!!! F CAR HOP!!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I bought a car at CarHop four months ago. I had poor credit. When I went in I just thought I would give it a shot. I was approved for a car right away with only $300 down. But out of thirty cars on the lot I was only approved for one car. A 2002 Ford Taurus with 72,000 miles on it. Wow!!! That is really low mileage. 8,999 total. My payment were only going to be 90 dollars per week. Sounds great, I was so excited to be getting a car.

Three months later the check engine light comes on. I think, it's under warranty so I take it to their shop. It needs 1500 in repairs. None of the repairs are covered under warranty. I tell the mechanic, "I can't afford that." He says ok I owe him 100 dollars for diagnostic. I tell him he will have to wait a week or so for me to get the money together. At which point he tells me he will be charging me 50 a day storage.

At this point the car was costing me over a thousand dollars a month in expenses and if I tried to keep it I would be homeless. So I called CarHop. And told them I could not afford the car. And I was giving it back to them. They repossessed it. And then sold it for $148. Subtracted that from the 8,000 I still owed them and sent me a bill for 7,866 dollars, saying I have ten days to settle or they are going to pursue legal action. How is a car that they sell me for over 8,000 dollars. Only worth 148 three months later? DON'T GO TO CARHOP WHATEVER YOU DO. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. They shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of people like they do. The lawyer I talked to said what they do is not illegal but it should be. If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against CarHop let me know. If we get enough people in on this we can stop them from doing this to others.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Like most people who went to CarHop, I was down and out and needed a car ASAP. I was in desperate need and jumped at an offer from CarHop and went home with a 06 Pacifica. After 2 months, the car broke down and warranty was able to replace what the parts. I ended up paying out of pocket for the engine frame. That was in March. In July my alternator went down, and again the engine holder needed to be fixed on another side and they found the exhaust had been lifted so it could pass the last smog. I paid over $500 out of pocket to fix the alternator.

In December we had electrical issues that almost caused our engine to blow up on our way to take my kids to Santa Claus. We had to have the vehicle towed and costs another $300 dollars to fix. In March, we had another electrical issue that we had to have the vehicle towed AGAIN to be fixed. During the times the car was out, I had to pay friends/family/public transportation to get to and from work. I have always been on time with my auto payments.

Last month, a spring in the gear box broke and the car will not shift from park to the other gears. We "**" rigged it, and are able to get it moving. It is at the shop to get looked at, and per the shop to fix that, as well as 3 engine mounts will be $1000. I'm tired of paying my car payment, paying for the car to be fixed, and paying for rides while my car is down. I've emailed my concerns as well as voiced them over the phone. I've asked if I could exchange the car for something else, as I have the money to make payments -- I've gotten NO response.

Once I spoke to them, I told them the best way to contact me is via email, and they said they were not allowed to email per their corporate. Personally I like to have a paper trail to show evidence of what was talked about. I'm done with this company and will most likely turn the car back in and pay for my mistake on my credit report. After weighing out my options, 1. Continue to pay the car payment, and the car repairs 2. Return the car, get the negative points on my credit report. I feel #2 is better... This sucks!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: July 27, 2017

First gave me dirty car. Took me 4 hours to clean. Ever since I had this car I have issues with from the gasket, power steering, electronic, never had a oil change then sent me to the CarHop mechanic. They messed up my car and when I got the car they put the wrong battery in my car so now I'm dealing with some mechanical issues because of that. So yeah I wouldn't refer no one to this car dealership.

Original review: July 26, 2017

PLEASE HELP!!! I have had an account with CarHop for almost 2 years. The place I opened my account at was in Richmond Ca., which is closed down (never relocated). When I went in, I was desperate like most. My credit wasn't the best but I was working on it very hard, and still am. I was instantly approved for a vehicle and was BLOWN away. Even tho they offered people with bad credit I didn't think to get approved but was! So I had to come back the next day due to me being there almost 7 hours the prior day, but wasn't upset at all, I was just APPROVED!! When I arrived the next day I was able to pick a car I was eligible for, which was every car on the lot at the time... hmm.

Well there was one main car I had an eye out for. It was a newer 2012 Nissan lower miles, but was told it didn't have a title and would have to wait a lot longer till it came in. Since she knew about my desperate situation she knew I would have to pick another??? Jannette was her name, she offered me to look at the website and pick another car from another lot, so I did. I seen a better car and this is where the story really begin??? I was with my B.F of 12 years on this run to the Hayward Ca., Store to get the other vehicle I was looking at. First I thought it was EXTREMELY weird they wanted us to go and pick up the vehicle we wanted but did no problem.

On our way back from Hayward back to Richmond, right after we passed the toll bridge we BROKE DOWN!! This is a "key" part here, so we got out of the vehicle and I had my purse in the back seat with my wallet in there. I had a 1,300$ cashier's check in my pocket tho, NOT MY WALLET (SIGNED). When we stepped out the key was still in the ignition and the doors locked on us automatically!!! It also was a light drizzle at that time and we were waiting outside the vehicle for about 45-60 mins. When someone arrived it wasn't a tow truck, it was an employee from CarHop!! They Advised us that a tow was on the way and should be right behind us. I reminded them my belongings were still in the vehicle. By the time we arrived back to the Richmond store we were waiting for about 20-30 mins for the tow to arrive.

At the last moment I had to use the R.R. by the time I'm coming back out I noticed my B.F wasn't where we were sitting, I went to the office and Jannette brought to my attention to look in the vehicle and make sure everything is still there!!! I went and my B.F who was frantic searching the vehicle for MY WALLET!! I immediately went to Jannette and let her know my wallet was missing!!! Her and the employee who came to pick us up started getting on the phone. (So my other vehicle had some form to hold up my driver window b.c the crank for it had broken. So you are very able to push the window down to unlock the doors.) After the search in the vehicle I decided to go and check my vehicle. (Possible but very doubtful) that I left my wallet in there. LO AND BEHOLD it was IN THERE!!!! I was baffled b.c I knew at that point I would never had left my wallet out the way I found it in the vehicle.

Jannette then came up to me and TOLD me herself that she moved my wallet out of the truck we were driving and put it in my vehicle so it was SAFE?!?!?! Jannette was trying to take my CASHIERS CHECK!!!??? Sadly I still ended up picking out a vehicle. I drove off with a Mercury Mountaineer 04' with 126,000 that same day. There were problems with the vehicle right away. I was able to go and get the parts fixed with no hassle at first. A month or so having the vehicle, the tire blew on me on the freeway going to work. Mind you I work graveyard in San Francisco. You can't get ahold of anybody at that time but family if that!! I'm capable of changing a tire on my own but they sold us the vehicle WITHOUT A SPARE TIRE!! So later on down the road in and out of Contra Costa Auto for maintenance, the vehicle's transmission ended up going out RIGHT AFTER my warranty.

They decided to work with me since I was a good "paying customer" they will pay for parts/as I was to pay for labor. I was a upset a little bit but paid the $800 for labor. Also had to get a rental b.c they don't provide any services like that for the lemons they sell. After I got the vehicle back it was worse than before. Very rugged driving, the mechanic advised us it will be like that for a bit b.c its trying to get used to its "new home." It never was Better. After that I found out that I couldn't pass smog b.c of my CHECK ENGINE light is on. But when you look where my check engine light should be, it is not on!!! Well come to find out, one of the parts they fixed is called a Cluster which is basically the speedometer. They put in a part with a NON-FUNCTIONING check engine light!?!?

After that once again they decided to pay for the parts and I'll pay for the labor. $1,600 in Labor. Plus I had to get another rental!! So 1,900$. Right after this the car was done for, there was something else major wrong that nobody was telling me! The car broke down right after all that work. I drove and broke down right on the freeway. Not even 10 miles from Contra Costa Auto. I called Carhop (which is the worst place to get ahold of ANYBODY) but I did and they told me they would have a different mechanic come and tow the vehicle off of the freeway. This time they have sucked me dry for money and was starting to fall behind on bills and rent and didn't even have enough for another rental so I asked the few people I have in my life for help and they gave me their car. They ended up doing a Engine tear out and found that the harmonic balancer had split in 2 and sent a screw shooting thru and lodging in the engine!!!

That possibly could have been lodged in ME or ANOTHER PERSON!!! Plus that harmonic balancer had just been changed in less than a year!!! To end up this terribly long irritating story they ended up letting me choose another vehicle from the Hayward lot. I had a choice of only 2 vehicles, a Red 2011 Dodge avenger in good condition on the outside/or a 2001 Blazer in bad condition on the outside... I was pissed at my "selection" b.c I received a better paying job and my credit score had gone up 200pts since and Bob at the Hayward store was not so informing about my bracket I fell under, but I was at this location for 6 hours and was ready to GO. I picked the dodge and left on 6/27/17. The car broke down on 7/18/17. There was a huge problem with this deal.

As soon as I left the lot the headlight burned out right when I turned it on, there were electrical problems on the inside, I took it for an oil change and they said it was like a family of slugs were living in there. It's like no one ever changed it since it was sold 6 years ago!! A week later I took it to their recommended mechanics and found $2,800 worth of work. Carhop DENIED the work!! WHAT!?!? I just drove off the lot in this car not even a FULL week and I most DEF. did not put 2800$ worth of damage into this!! Carhop and I had a discussion and they told me it was Outrageous they "found" that much work, and asked if they did a "FULL" diagnostic?!?! I thought that's all it was, not a half ** diagnostic!!! They told me to get a second look and I did. They happen to find half the work. $1,500. Still a lot of work.

They once again offered to pay for the parts and I pay for the labor!!! I HAVE HAD IT UP TO HERE. I DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY MONEY TO DO THIS ANYMORE. I BLEW WHAT LITTLE SAVINGS I HAD INTO THIS CARHOP VEHICLE!!! They now wanted to have me sign a paper to cancel the contract since I'm an "unsatisfied customer" and I won't have to owe them ANYTHING!!! I agreed to that, I had to use my own tow and had it sent back to carhop. When I arrived back there to end this nightmare I read the document they had TYPED out for me... Again I was overwhelmed!!! THEY SAID I WAS AT DEFAULT AND THIS WAS A DEPT TO COLLECT. I DID NOT SIGN.

I was advised to walk out do not sign and find an attorney. I currently have 20 days to sign that paperwork or find some magical help against my contract with this company. PLEASE HELP. This is a domino effect. If I have no car, I can lose my job (that I had to call in from, no job, you have no income, no income, you have no house). PLUS BAD CREDIT.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I got a 2003 Saturn from them. A month later the sunroof leaked so they offered another vehicle, a 2003 Jeep Cherokee. I have had problems from day one, they don't service their cars before putting on the lot. Car needed oil change, transmission fluid, brake fluids all of which I paid. They say they offer 18 month warranty which they won't honor. The Jeep needs engine coils. Not covered they say, but manager at Sacramento store offers to go half with me on the cost. "Really."

This place charges over 20% interest on in house loans ex. My jeep worth $1,526, my payoff is $12,326.02. Where is money going since this is not a bank loan? And paying off WILL NOT HELP IMPROVE MY CREDIT. This is not right. How can this be legal? They take advantage of poor people who need a car. They "say" they want to see you driving but their cars are LEMONS and OVERPRICED. How can they live with themselves. I won't recommended them to my worst enemy. If you're in need of a used car go elsewhere. Save yourself time, money, and headache. They should be put OUT OF BUSINESS ASAP.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I bought a car at CarHop in Tulsa Oklahoma and they were great. This is my second car from CarHop. I would tell every one to go to CarHop. They are friendly and I told them what I wanted and it was the best car.

Original review: July 8, 2017

So what happens when you pay off your vehicle in a timely manner and no misses? Let's find out: One huge red flag for those that are checking to see if this is a good company, they use WESTERN UNION, NOT a bank. That alone should scare off just about everyone. I did not know that or I would have quickly passed.

So, at the beginning, unbeknownst to original info above, I had a bumpy start with UAC auto-pay. Do not use the auto pay, mixing W.U. with UAC = Messy bank issues - Just make your payments on time and you'll be fine. So Three years later - vehicle paid off. I checked my score. DOWN 75pts!! Why? because they "closed" the account, which is bad, instead of marking it paid. They say they are not a car loan service, but instead a credit repair - There must have been a fine print I missed - because paying off my vehicle in a timely manner without any mishaps DAMAGED my credit. I was gonna give them a good review - vehicle wasn't too bad, but them. I am a mechanic and can repair what ails it. But killing my already bumpy credit DOWN almost 100pts!! Yeah right. My recommendation - if you like your credit - do not use this. Find a co-signer and go to a normal dealer.

Original review: July 2, 2017

No money down is a ** lie. Also these people have the heart to screw over a 19 year old girl who hasn't even been able to build their credit instead of warning her they insisted on selling her a car that actually broke down on her a year later. Broke down so bad they had to give her a replacement car so she doesn't go against them in court because it was illegal on carhop’s part. They say they care and want to help but they could of steered me to a real dealership that was worth it to build my credit but instead they took advantage of the fact that I didn't know ** at all.

Now I'm about to have a baby and mine at still isn't paid off and I'm 21 now. I owe 7,000 dollars on it still and it's a Chevy Malibu Maxx 2005. Not even worth it. The front wheels are about to fall off and I can't afford to fix them, I've made it on time with every payment. All 5,000 dollars’ worth. I am running out of options and I'm scared because I'm about to have a kid and I can't afford anything!! The government won't help us with food or cash because my boyfriend makes too much! We are about to lose our roommates which means we won't be able to pay rent. So now I'm desperate trying to sell my car for 7,000 dollars and no one will buy it because it's not even ** worth it...

The car itself they told me was 9,000 dollars. The interest was so much that they upped it to 12,000. The car isn't even worth 7,000 let alone 9,000!!! This company is so ** I can't even handle this anymore, it's too much for me. I thought I could handle it because I thought that a dealership would be better than getting a beater car. But, I thought I needed good credit to go to any other dealership. Imagine buying a 500 beater car that will break down probably in a couple months, add 10,000 dollars to it. Then add more because of interest. Boom, you got yourself debt waiting to happen. But I'm lucky I'm a stubborn ** and that's why my credit is 768 points is because I don't go down without a fight and I'm not going to let some trashy company make a fool out of me and ruin my life. But I swear, I'm starving as we speak because we have no food! What am I going to do when the baby comes!!! I NEED A MIRACLE! This company is the devil!

Original review: June 19, 2017

CarHop and UAC are the absolute worst. I had issues with the vehicle from the second week I got it. I made them aware. I called the warranty company and was placed on hold for almost two and a half hours before I hung up because I had to make it to work. They charged 12000 dollars for a 2004 Ford Focus with over 150000 miles on it. They refused to fix the car until went on the website and complain. All my payments were on time for the first year. Once I lost my job I was late. I called them and made them aware that I needed to modify my payments. They told me I needed to go back to work so that I could make the standard payments soon. Just two weeks ago I was in an accident. Totally the other driver's fault. They stated my car was a total loss. Thanks Geico.

They wanted to issue the check to UAC but UAC does not want to give me another car and they me to continue making payments. My car still moved so I asked if I could keep it. Geico sign the check over to me. They said "No. It must go to UAC no matter what." I said "Okay. Can I keep the car and it not be considered a total loss but you still sign a check over too." They called UAC and she stated that they are not able to do that. They need to received the full value of the car. Then I would still need to make payment on the vehicle even though technically they are selling it to Geico. I asked "So either way I would be paying. Correct?" She said yes. I said "What is the difference?" Difference was they wouldn't be obtaining $2200 immediately.

I asked while Geico was on the phone "Well if I don't relinquish my rights to the vehicle on paperwork can you still send UAC a check." GEICO stated "NO. Not without your permission." I will not give my permission. The CarHop lady was stunned and didn't say another word for the rest of the conversation. I urge anyone DO NOT GET A CAR. IT'S THE WORST DEALERSHIP TO GO TO. CHOOSE ANOTHER PLEASE.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I purchased my 2002 Elantra from CarHop in Sacramento. The sales rep told me that the car has been checked by a mechanic and it is certified to be sold, but that I might want to get an oil change soon. This was on 9/29/16. The car had 122,000 but I worked from home so I wasn't driving it all that much. April 1, 2017 I began the commute to Fairfield from Roseville, and by the middle of April, I felt like I needed my brakes checked. I had done the oil change a few months earlier, but that was it. I called CarHop and they said my warranty had expired.

So I took to a shop close to my work, and they informed me that my back rotors were so worn down it was metal on metal. They were shocked when I told them I had just bought the car in Sept. that cost me $386. Then the timing belt had to be tightened, which was done by a friend. Shortly before I went back to working in the office when I would put gas in the car it would click off every few cents. I have found out that the flaps are not staying open, and my air conditioner hasn't worked since I bought the car. Now, this morning I couldn't start it. My dad checked my battery which was good, so it's probably the alternator or the starter. This is a money pit, because I pay $170/biweekly in payments.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Bad service, lied to and sold me a piece of junk. Second day I had it the check engine light came on. Wouldn't pass emissions because of a hole in the gas tank. Had to get a waiver sticker cost me 500.00. Now they want to charge for a new tank and the cost is 1500.00. Car’s not worth it. 2000 Buick LeSabre. 9000.00. Bought it in July 2015. It's now June 2017. I've put 3000.00 in it already. No more. I'm done. They were rude to me when I called on day 2. Said they won't cover it. I fought with them, but I was stuck needed a vehicle. So now with 7 more payments they can have the car. They made their money ten times over. Goes bad on my credit. Oh well credit was bad to begin with. In fact after two years of paying on time my score only went up 50 points. They don't report on time. Do yourselves a favor. Don't buy there. All overpriced pieces of garbage. Well they can have it back.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Worst rating. They can possibly get zero. Two car payments later still waiting on the mechanic shop. We haven't drove since we paid. No, oh, for a couple hours. Worst, worst experience.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I was in need of car. I told the salesman I want a 18 month payment plan. I didn't know it was a 3 year car note. So when I pump the gas the gas will squirt out all over the car, splash on me. I took it to get a diagnostic. All the engine work estimated at $1398. I called the warranty number. I was told I had the car for 280 days so NO they can't pay for it. I have to pay for it. But warranty is 18000 miles. So the gas charcoal canister is not covered under warranty. When I pump gas and it shoots out all over me and the car that is a hazardous. Don't buy cars from them. I was told after I pay 6 months straight. I could trade it in. They said once it is almost paid off to 300 balance then I can trade it in.

Original review: May 18, 2017

Signing a contract with UAC was the worst decision of my life. Their customer service is horrible, their customer service workers do not communicate or update their system so every time you speak to someone you have to go over the same information over and over again, which is a complete waste of time. I was constantly being given different information by different customer service agents. They also were extremely rude to me and my father who is elderly. They spoke to him like he wasn't a human and they didn't care about him at all.

We were lied to and given different information all the time. I don't understand why is it so hard for them to be on the same page. This company should not be allowed to treat people this way and lie to people over and over again. If UAC is your last loan option for a vehicle I would highly recommend you to turn away while you still have a chance. I wish I would have purchased a bike or walked to work instead. Worst experience of my life.

Original review: May 2, 2017

CarHop people are not professionals. They don't care how they treat people. They just want to sell some junk cars. I bought a car from them that had the head gasket broken, messed up engine and they still wanted for me to pay on the stupid garbage car. I called Laurie Swanson for the general office here in Minnesota which she is an amazing attorney. She wrote to them how I felt. Well to finish the dispute the car should of showed up in my credit as settled for less. Well today I looked at my credit and it says charged off. They took the car back and resold it as it in another shop of theirs. Please don't buy cars from them. They are high prices and don't follow their own words. Worst mistake I ever did.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I was sort of in a tough spot due to my car just stopping while I was at the gas station and it didn't want to move. So I had an epiphany while watching the CarHop commercial and was like, "Ehh, let's give it a try." Worst decision ever. I went in there with an appointment and sat down with some guy. Firstly, his customer service attitude was more raw than red meat. Like dude, not even a smile? So he went over all of this stuff that I needed and I wasn't told over the phone that I was supposed to bring proof of income.

So I had to go all the way back home and snatched up the only two pay stubs I had at the time. Went back there and the guy started to complain about how recent the pay stubs were. Like dude, really? Then he went back and forth with me about my income and then had the nerve to say, "If you are making $850 per paycheck then where is the stub for that?" Mind you, I just started this job back in February so I didn't have all the stubs from my job yet and we just opened so a lot of things err just scattered around. But his attitude was unbearable.

After going back and forth, he finally said, "Well, since you have direct deposit through your bank, you can log on and show me that you have $850." Boy bye. I was done after that. I told him I was uncomfortable signing onto his computer with my bank information because I don't know how secure their servers are. And he had this idiotic look on his face as if I really didn't have the money. His attitude sucked and I will never recommend CarHop to anyone. They are frauds and they want your information.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Me and my then fiance decided to purchase a vehicle and at first it was all excellent customer service and then we tested out a vehicle. As far as looks we liked the vehicle but there was a check engine light. The sales manager says it's just in need of a new gas cap. Put a new one on and reset the indicator light. We then drive off and of course the indicator comes back on so we call and they say take the car to one of their 3 shops they use and the mechanic runs down a list of all things wrong with the vehicle and also says this car should never have been sold or pass inspection in the first place. They sent report to CarHop and they said that the shop were shade tree mechanics and that we needed to take it to another one of their mechanics. We take it to a second and third shop with a end result being we were not allowed to pull off with the vehicle.

The third shop fixed something with the transmission and said that CarHop would not allow them to fix anything else. Soon I return for the vehicle two weeks later and pull off while attempting to find out why they wouldn't fix the car that should never been sold when the indicator light comes on once again. So I take our vehicle to one of our mechanics to find out we had a bad O2 sensor, bad steering pump, bad fuel pump, transmission slipping, ETC. We talked back and forth with the financial company and CarHop pleading with them about this car. We didn't have a month asking them to fix or put us in another vehicle to have nothing done to alleviate the situation and was turned away. Long story short we return the vehicle which now leaving my husband and myself with negativity on our credit. I would not send my enemy to buy a car from these people and anyone I know I tell them run far away from that rat hole.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

So I got a car from them and there is stuff wrong with it like I have to buy power steering every week, and I pay all this money and I call to get a PA, and the lady is very rude and she says she is a manager. Haha what a joke... All I wanted was an extra 5 days. It's bs. DON'T EVER GET A CAR FROM THEM. They don't care and they sell you crappy cars.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I went to CarHop on 01/31/17. After numerous calls from them to come and try them, I decided to check them out. Waste of time to say the least. I showed up and was greeted and went to salesperson's office. They left me in there for over an without coming back. After that I decided to leave and sales team actually called me and asked me why didn't go to my appointment. I told them I've been here for over an hour and a half. So when I went to the parking lot sales manager started to question me why I was leaving. Told them that I've been waiting over an hour and a half already and that no one had even come to check on me.

So walking through the parking lot I noticed most of the cars, actually 90% of them, that the cars had a lot of deaths of them. One had a broken windshield and a flat tire and most of the other cars worked really worth buying due to no care was given to those cars before selling. Was not a very professional place and I do not recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

This company is ran by the mob people. Please don't wasted your time with this company. I am a single mother of three and needed a car to get around. My credit wasn't all that great and so I took a chance on CarHop and they got me into a 2000 winstar van. At first It seemed kinda weird to me that they didn't even let me pick out my own car but me and my kids really was in need of transportation so I took the car home. On my way home the car started overheating so I turned around and went back to carhop. They gave me a list of the mechanic and told me to drop my car off at one and they would take care of the full cost.

I trusted that they would so I went to pick my car up three days later and they charged me a 70$. I didn't really have the money like that so I went back to carhop and told them I didn't want the car anymore and she told me since it's been three days they have to repo me and I would have 10,000 owed on my credit score. So I just took a chance on keeping the car. Since then my transmission blew out. I took it to their mechanic got it fix. Then my head gasket went out, took it to their mechanic, got it fixed and it was still overheating.

The trauma of my life. I was driving me and my kids on the freeway going 60mph and on the fast lane my engine just blew up. I had no real control over the wheel. There were cars coming from every direction. At that moment I thought I was going to wreck something serious but with the grace of God the car just stopped. After that I am scared to drive. I will never get behind the wheel again. I am seriously traumatized with something serious. Me and my kids could have been seriously hurt over a vehicle that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

So at the moment I called UaC and let them know what was going on with the car. They told me to call their mechanic and see if they can get it towed. None of their mechanics was in a reachable area so I called my mother to see if I can use her Triple A. I had a friend come gather me and my children so that we can go to a local gas station to make a couple phone calls to get my car off the freeway. I finally got a hold of a tow truck that was affordable to get my car off the freeway. We were less than 20 minutes getting back to my van.

The police had got my car towed because it was in a hazardous area so I still have to pay the tow truck for coming and now I was facing charges to get my car out of tow yard. They told me it was going to cost a total of $350 which I did not have plus I had to pay $260 to CarHop for my weekly car. Note at that moment I just could not afford it. They called me harassing me saying that they have my car in their possession so I just told them since they have it they can keep it because from that moment I knew I was not going to drive it anymore. Now I have $7,000 owed on my credit for a car that shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

Something has to be done people. They cannot keep taking advantage of low-income families with bad credit. They take her back credit and create worst credit for us. If anyone knows someone who can help with this situation I would greatly appreciate it. Please leave this mob family CarHop alone. I was always on time with my payments $180 every two weeks. Never missed a beat even when my car was having trouble. Now I'm carless. I didn't have transportation to work anymore so I was terminated. I got evicted out of my apartment because due to me not being able to work. I couldn't afford my rent now. Me and my children are staying back with my mother. I'm 27 years old and the biggest mistake of my life was going to CarHop.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My boyfriend got a car from them and it was an alright car until we had to return it due to finance troubles. We voluntary returned the car to them and they turned around and told us he was getting a repossession on his credit score and all that. First off they never informed us of this when we went in the first place or else we would have walked out empty handed. They didn't go through all the paperwork with us. They just started saying random stuff about the paperwork.

They not only got rude to my boyfriend who is hard of hearing but also got extremely rude to me and his aunt. Now they are turning around and this Maria girl keeps calling his cell phone from the Monroeville location and she got ignorant with my boyfriend over the phone and downgrading him and saying "well you have a turn signal bulb out on the car so you need to come here and replace it" and he said "no I can't because I have no way there and it's now in your possession so no I don't."

And she then said "well where is the car at?" And he said "it is at the Monroeville location." So I got on the phone trying to figure out what was going on and she started getting ignorant to me and said "he owes us all this money back" and I said "well how much." And she refused to answer me and kept dodging the question of how much until she said "look at the paperwork" and I said "I am. So what am I looking for." And she said "it's on the paperwork." And I then said "ok since you don't want to tell me then we don't owe you guys a ** dime" and then she hung up on me.

I turned around, called back and got the Maria girl again and I told her that I was sorry for swearing and that I am trying to figure out what is going on with my boyfriend's account and she said "I can't talk to you because it's his account." And I said "I understand that but he has you guys put a note on the account that authorizes that you can talk to me unless you guys never put it in or someone deleted it." So she hung up on me the second time and I called back once again to talk to the manager to tell them to quit calling my boyfriend's cell phone number and this Maria girl picked up the phone and I hung up. Now Maria has my email address and she keeps emailing me and won't stop and I told her to remove my email from the account.

They are completely ignorant to customers and they say that they help people with no credit or bad credit to get cars when all they are doing is digging the customer's credit down even worse than ever before to where they can't ever get good credit. Plus they overprice their cars. I would never ever recommend anyone going to CarHop.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I bought a car from CarHop back in April of 2015. Right off the lot the car started leaking oil, power steering fluid and transmission fluid. That problem was resolved. A few months after that I started to notice that all the CarHops in the Saint Louis, MO area have shut down or gone out of business. Then I started having other problems with the vehicle since early 2016. Even though the car wasn't driveable and has been sitting in my driveway, I continued to make my payments on time and all the time. I stopped making payments about a month ago after I had to purchase another vehicle because my fiance is pregnant and the bus won't work for a newborn.

Since then I've talked to my account manager (Natasha) and it's been nothing but verbal abuse. She is very unprofessional. She questions people's intelligence and speaks down on people as if she's better than the next person. Then I spoke with someone else (Yvette) and she was no better. Every time I ask to speak to the person over them they use the same she just stepped out or went to lunch excuse. I offered to have the car voluntarily repossessed before I stopped making payments and the woman Natasha said that voluntary repossession isn't an option. She always said that they won't repo the vehicle because UAC simply doesn't want the vehicle. I finally talked to someone that was very reasonable and very professional from UAC (Deborah). She took notes and tried to help me with other options to get the amount paid off. She also told me that repossession is an option, but I would have to take the car to a carhop location.

The nearest CarHop to me is 3 hours away in Joplin Missouri. I am now seeking an attorney to hand this off to. I wouldn't recommend CarHop or UAC to anyone. I can't say that all CarHops are bad because I've only dealt with a couple here in St. Louis, but UAC should be shut down immediately. Not only that they didn't honor the warranty after they dealt with the first problem. The shops that were recommended to fix their vehicles when I first purchased the vehicle has gone out of business now which is also weird. Shop other places before having to put up with the constant bs. They are happy as long as you're paying them even for a broken piece of junk. Be aware. I am going to try my hardest to get media exposure along with a lawsuit to deal with this matter.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016
    Anyone reading this review--Please, please, please do not buy a car from these people! Go anywhere else! I can't believe these rip-off artists are still in business!

You will regret ever dealing with these heartless-Monsters! CarHop is a company without a soul! I finished paying off that piece-of-garbage I purchased from them years ago and I still regret it. I'm here to warn anyone who think CarHop is their last option. There are so many other options out there for people with not-so-good credit. There is a great car waiting for you - Do your homework. Don't settle for a expensive piece of overpriced garbage!!! You deserve better!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

This was the best experience I have had with buying a car. Melvin was kind, courteous and friendly. I went to just check out my options and I ended up leaving with my New SUV (new to me). I did test drive 2 different cars and made my decision without any hassle or stress whatsoever. He got me approved and my children was so happy to drive around in my New SUV. Thank you so much once again Marvin "the man" **.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Back in June of this year I went to CarHop in hopes to purchasing a decent vehicle, considering the fact that I didn't have much credit. The process was easy and got the car the same day I walked in, but before I could make my first payment the car became a nightmare. I noticed that when I got the car the check engine light keep coming on and off and the oil light too. I told CarHop about it and they sent me to Autosport. The manager of Autosport said that he would have to keep the car for a couple of days to diagnostic it, but he didn't believe it was a big deal probably a sensor that needed to be replaced. I took his word and left because Carhop said he was the best.

Then the car started shaking and it would die on me while I was driving and it was smoking. I told Carhop about the issue and they sent me to their mechanic and he said it was a leaking water pump that needed to be replaced. So I took the car to the mechanic and it took him a whole week to put in a new water pump. A whole week I had to find rides to and from work because that was my only car and Carhop wouldn't give me a rental for the time being. I got the car back and the water pump was fixed no more smoking but the car was still shaking and dying out on me while driving.

I told Carhop again about the situation and they said that I have to take it to Autosport and pay the $75 fee to have a diagnostic. I told them about my 18,000 mile warranty and they said during the first 30 days they only cover the problems that occur then. No one told me about a 30 warranty on top of a 18,000 mile warranty better yet I don't remember reading about it on my contract. They also told me that the 18,000 mile warranty is to only cover car if it was a transmission or an engine problem. Now mind you that when I drove my car it wouldn't coast in drive or reverse and it didn't shift properly from first to second.

So I decided to take it to an outside mechanic to get an second opinion. These guys I went to said the same thing about the drive and shifting. It was bad and dangerous. I asked the mechanic if I can get a report on the problems on the car so I can take it to the dealership. Problems were an O2 sensor that made the check engine light go off all the time and the transmission was failing. I took all this information in to Carhop and they said they still couldn't pay for the repairs. I was like, "But you said transmission or engine it would be fixed." Dude came up with fifty-five million excuses.

The car started to drive really bad. One night after leaving my girlfriend mom's house I was in the middle of the intersection when the car shook really bad and died with oncoming traffic approaching. The car started back up luckily because my PREGNANT girlfriend, her SON and myself would've been hit by the oncoming traffic and probably would have lost our lives. I was done with the car after that. Before I told them to come and take the car it had sat for a whole month and for a whole month I told them that car is a death trap and still nothing was done. I even asked for a different car they shut me down. I highly don't recommend going to Carhop. I will get my money back for all the hell they put my family and I through.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I bought a car from Carhop last year a 2005 Ford Escape. Just last week I took it to their shop guy and found out the transmission needs to be replaced. Found out that I was over 4,000 miles from the warranty. I told them "you charge this for 7500.00 when its Kelley blue book value is about 4,000.00 and now the warranty has expired because I hit over my 18,000 miles. You're a rip off and this car would have been paid off in 10 months." I'm planning on suing them due to the fact that this car was not in good standing and when I first bought I couldn't drive it for 2 weeks because it was in the shop. The warranty should be for the 18 months since these cars end up needing a lot of work anyways.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

So in Oct-November 2015 I leased a Chrysler Concorde 2003 from CarHop. This car broke down on the 580 freeway 3 months after I left the car lot. This car was towed to the shop Rainbow Auto in Hayward CA and I paid the tow fees. UAC told me they would help and warranty would pay for the car in the shop. Rainbow Auto called me 2 weeks later and told me the car needed a new engine and they put one into the car but, the computer blew out and they don't make the part to fix it. During all this I'm making the car payment on time. Trying to keep my job as a Case Manager. I got on the bus after work and made my way to CarHop in Hayward CA.

When I arrived the representative presented me with a chance to refinance another vehicle with them a 2003 Impala. This vehicle lasted 2 months and UAC towed to the shop Oakland Auto Tech. The diagnosis of this vehicle was blown heads and water in the engine. Oakland Auto Tech called and stated the car was fixed after a week or two. The car lasted 1 month and a rod shot a hole in the engine. We almost died this time on the freeway. The Highway Patrol Officer stated we were lucky. During this time I'm still working and making all my car payments on time. UAC/CarHop told me to get the vehicle back to Oakland Auto Tech and tell them to fix it right. Meanwhile UAC is asking for more money. I will see y'all in court soon. DON'T GO TO CARHOP ANYWHERE.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information