2. Automotive
  3. Car Dealerships

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.28/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: April 29, 2021

Went to this company to get a reliable dependable car or so I thought. I'm glad I had my husband with me. I was given 3 choices. My first choice I was offered had a shake in it when you went to stop so we took it back and looked it over real well. After asking the dealer about the vehicle, he hadn't a clue. He just said, "I don't know anything about the car. I just started in Jan." My husband proceeds to look under the car, the whole rocker arm on 1 side was completely rusted thru. My second choice I was given was the vehicle I have now. We drove it and at the time I liked it so after checking for the same issue as the last I accepted the vehicle. 3 days later I was learning the buttons and found my message center and in it it said the break booster was bad.

So I called Car Credit and they had me call their mechanics and I went in and left without my car. The mechanic wouldn't let me drive it stating it was a safety issue. Fast forward a week later I get it back. That same day it started making noises in the brakes. I called them again and was told to return it to the same mechanic. They looked at it and said there's nothing wrong with it. That was 2 weeks ago and the issue STILL hasn't been fixed. They had me make another appointment with a mechanic closer to home but they want the car for the entire day. They won't give me a loaner and they won't pay for a rental.

I can't afford to give them my car for an entire day. I depend on my vehicle for work. I'm a in home caregiver who deal with multiple people every day and I can't or should say won't let any of my clients in the car in fear of causing an accident. The dealership in Appleton Wisconsin is very rude and say it's my problem if I can't give them my car for an entire day. I practically live in the thing as I work sometimes 12 hrs a day. I thought about just fixin it at my own mechanics and not give them a payment but if I don't they'll turn the car off and I'll be stuck without a car so it's a no win for me. Don't EVER do business with them. Run far far away.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Went in to look at the Nissan Cube and was told it was not available due to office was robbed and they had no keys or title because of the robbery. Went back later and looked at it and went into the office to buy it. Was given the price, it was very expensive because of the warranty they offer, said did not want the warranty, was told I have to buy the car with the warranty. Left the dealership.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I purchased a 2010 Ford Focus from the Sacramento CarHop in July of 2020. I was in need of a car and I thought car hop was a good choice. I didn't pick out the focus but my salesperson picked it out for me, when I test drove the car it seemed fine but it had some body work that needed to be done like new tail lights and such so I thought it wouldn't be a very big deal, do I bought it and drove it home. About a month later I noticed that the A/C was going out and I brought it into the shop to fix it and the mechanic told be that it's not just the A/C that's broken, I needed new tires because the old ones were completely and I mean completely bald so I replaced them, I also put all new shocks on the car and had to fix an oil leak. About $2000 in repairs in a month.

Fast forward to December all the coolant leaked out of my car along with more oil and the car wasn't drivable so I had it towed to the shop that Car Hop warranty works with only to be told that my motor is shot and it looked like Car Hop tried to seal the motor with bathroom caulk?! Anyway now I'm out of a car and I still owe over $4700 for a piece of crap car that I can't even drive! I plan on taking them to court and getting my money back, they are complete crooks that take advantage of people who don't know any better. Do yourself a favor and be patient, buy a good used car in cash! Don't ever go to Car Hop even if you have to walk to work.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Please do not make the mistake that I and so many others have made financing through this company. For three years you will have to wonder whether or not the vehicle will even start. In less than a year I am over 2k in the hole. They sold me a vehicle with bad brakes and no oil. Blue book value; 2,225. I'm paying over 12k.

Original review: June 23, 2020

CarHop sold me a Subaru. It was double the price of the Blue Book value. Had to bring it in. It was done. They said no it's okay. Got it back and it stalled on me. Had called tow, pay for that. Pay for mechanic's time then got a used part. The problem with a front-end still exist. And I'm just having a problem with paying double the Blue Book value. Take the car back. That's how I feel. The car has been problems all along. They want to get you in a car but yet they charge you double and even if you want to pay the car off you still have to pay the price that you are stuck with. I asked how much to pay it off. They told me eight thousand. That's what I bought it for. What's 8000. They're not out to help you. They're there to see you fail.

Original review: May 12, 2020

NEVER buy from these Bucharest of liars. Got an 06 jeep and made first payment in Aug. Jeep hasn't really ran since but they tell me I can pay the $100 deductible to find out why..when it does run. It stalls while going 65mph down the road and tries to jerk you off the side of the mountain. I wasn't told about the tracker but my name was esigned for me... Was told the total price pf $6,000 but it was really much higher... Was lied to again when I tried to return the vehicle in 3 days of getting it. Was told I was stuck with it.

I called to see about them towing it... Now remember it's All being recorded... I told the lady where I lived, reported my new address and everything. Was told YES they would tow me.. I told her I needed 'til payday... (I called on the 13th and get paid on the 20th-21st.) She told me call back when I was ready... Called on 21st to be told they won't tow me. That it's my responsibility to get it to them and that they reviewed the recorded call and I supposedly said nothing about payday and was called a liar.. (I'm sure that's been removed from the recorded call.)

I had 4 recalls on the Jeep that they didn't tell me about but after signing the papers and leaving the lot JEEP themselves sent me an email asking if I knew about the recalls... SMDH. The girl I bought from was bragging how she sold her Auntie a van that exactly 1 week later the transmission went out and so she paid the $100 deductible and basically had a "new" vehicle... A person who would do this to their own family WILL DEFINITELY SCREW YOU OVER HARDER!!!

I'm stuck with a nonmoving piece of ** 'til I get it under $3,000 then supposedly I can go to them and trade for another piece of ** vehicle... Umm no thanks. I'd rather set the ** on fire before ever buying or giving Car Hop another $1 out of my pocket... So if between my review and all the others who DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING AT CARHOP doesn't tell you to RUN away like all hell... Then I guess good luck with your experience and we'll see you back here with your complaints. Enjoy being Lied to by a whole Crew of LIARS!!!! If you have no choice but to get a vehicle from here I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the online Vin # checker page bc they give you full details so you don't go in blinded.. I found out about after my purchase????

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I went in today thinking that they would not be able to help me but Angela at CarHop Joplin, Mo. assured me she could help. I met her at 10:00am. By 2:00 I had the car I wanted that was within my price range. She was wonderful. I love my new vehicle and loved her knowledge of putting me in a vehicle that would not drown me. Awesome people.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My wife and I had just gone through a bankruptcy and were in need of a vehicle, as ours had broken beyond repair. The only place we could get approved was CarHop. We were sold a $1,500 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe (according to Blue Book value) for a grand total of $11,000+. We missed one payment, but the next payment was taken from our account. Nine days later they shut off the car. This was after already paying over $9,000 so far. We were so stupid to trust this company. They take advantage of people in need of a vehicle.

That's not the worst of it... The intake manifold needed to be replaced on the car, as the car would barely run. Our mechanic told us the damage was fairly old and he thought it was probably like that when we bought it. I called CarHop to start the warranty process, as an intake manifold is, in fact, part of an engine and not an attachment. They disagreed. We ended up having to pay over $1,100 to get it fixed and the CarHop employee I talked to didn't even try to work with us. He was actually quite rude and got upset with me when I told him we were sold a lemon.

Needless to say, you would be better off buying a bicycle from Walmart than buying a car from CarHop. At least Walmart honors their warranties.They sold us a semi-broken vehicle and wouldn't honor their own vague warranty. We will never buy from CarHop again, and will tell anyone we know or even don't know to stay away!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This company is the worst!!! Unless you want to see your girlfriend getting hit on by the store manager (Victor) then this is your place. He would not stop and did not care that I caught him looking down my girlfriend's shirt! After everything, my girlfriend still wanted a vehicle and did purchase a vehicle there but we TRIED to return in within the 7 Day return policy but he said that he would not do it! So I called there corporate number and found out that he had to take it back so I dropped it off at the front door. Do not waste your time here!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I haven't had a loan in years. No credit history for a credit rating. I go into "Carhop", and the cars are dirty, Low to poor condition. I only found one that looked worth buying. However after looking up the value on Kelley Blue Book, I see that the price is almost double fair market value. Then find out they charge 19.9% interest and have a GPS tracking system with car shut down capabilities if you're late on the weekly or biweekly payment. That's not terrible, but crazy expensive for a old car. Then after they lure you in with the $0-100 dollar down payment for any vehicle on the lot.

You get there, and you pick the only vehicle you like, then they tell you that that vehicle is not part of that program.. BUT WAIT!! That's only the beginning of the lies and deception... So, I figured I'll do this and buy the overpriced high interest vehicle and when I go to test drive it the battery is dead. Not just the one I was interested in, Either. They all are. Every one I wanted to test drive was found with a dead battery. Could it be from the extra GPS tracking equipment and shut down system that was improperly installed? Anyway I go for a test drive and almost nothing electrical works. Radio has no signal like antennas unplugged, power windows don't work, Right turn signal won't stay on unless you hold it, interior dome light goes on and off while driving, panic alarms going on and off if you lock the vehicle... Etc..

Well, They claim they'll fix it and add it to the sales agreements. It's the end of the day and I have to make a decision. I trust them and pay my down payment, and looking through my paperwork, and signing as I go I noticed a error my down payment was NOT taken off the price.. They had the interest calculated, the purchase price with the additional tax, title registration. However my money I paid down was not calculated. I figured it was just a simple error and kindly pointed out to the saleslady the error. And, she first tried to lie to me nicely and say it's in there, it's just the way they write it out. I tell her let's calculate it out on paper. SURE enough after calculations my down payment was not subtracted from the costs.. Then the lady stands up and YELLS saying "That's how we do business at Carhop. If you don't like it leave."

After reading reviews online and the fact it's near impossible to get them to properly fix anything depending on area or situation. My opinion is to run!! Don't walk away.. If you can afford $400 a month for a payment or more you can save up and own the same vehicle in 1/4th the time it takes to pay it off, and it will probably be a more dependable vehicle.. That's my opinion. You have family. Ask them.. They may help you out?? Don't choose Carhop...

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information