Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Car Dealerships

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

In February we got to CHOOSE our vehicle. We wanted something bigger than a car and they had about 3 choices; a commander, a Suzuki and our jeep. We liked the first two because they had 3 rows. The commander didn't have the tile yet. The Suzuki was being looked at (and bought) by a lady who got there before us, so Natalia (I think is her name) very nice lady introduced us to the jeep and WE LOVED IT! We went in with $1000 down and a low credit score. I give 4 stars because it had more than 100000 miles and a week after we got it the alternator went out, but they paid for it to be replaced (not new) but we paid a little extra to get a better one. Also, the tire had a nail in it, but they paid for it to be sealed.

All our tires were brand new though other than the nail. We like the fact that "they turn your car off" because they HELP BUILD YOUR CREDIT THAT WAY. And if you keep communication open and pay on time, they will help when you need that one time (or few) extensions. I feel bad for the reviews I've read who got that bad car, we got a good one and love our jeep. Hopefully we can trade it in for a SUV/truck with less miles. I do recommend the CarHop in Colorado Springs CO. Very helpful to my family and I.

Original review: March 9, 2019

GO down and talk to Charles, OR ANY OF THE STAFF. Will take care of you and treat you like you are special. And help get you what you need! I still feel like I'm dreaming! I got a Diamond of a deal and recommend you go down today! They will make you happy you did! THANK YOU ALL at Tacoma CarHop! You have made my dreams come true! Tell them KATHY with the New Ford Expd. sent you.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have my 2nd vehicle, now from CarHop. 1st one was a 95 Buick Roadmaster!!! Loved it! Now, hard times, again. Went to CarHop in Lincoln, NE, and have my Jeep. Extremely nice people. Even when calling the 800 numbers to ask questions, the people in other areas get you taken care of. I have only one thing to say, "THANK YOU, CARHOP"!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My wife and I had just gone through a bankruptcy and were in need of a vehicle, as ours had broken beyond repair. The only place we could get approved was CarHop. We were sold a $1,500 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe (according to Blue Book value) for a grand total of $11,000+. We missed one payment, but the next payment was taken from our account. Nine days later they shut off the car. This was after already paying over $9,000 so far. We were so stupid to trust this company. They take advantage of people in need of a vehicle.

That's not the worst of it... The intake manifold needed to be replaced on the car, as the car would barely run. Our mechanic told us the damage was fairly old and he thought it was probably like that when we bought it. I called CarHop to start the warranty process, as an intake manifold is, in fact, part of an engine and not an attachment. They disagreed. We ended up having to pay over $1,100 to get it fixed and the CarHop employee I talked to didn't even try to work with us. He was actually quite rude and got upset with me when I told him we were sold a lemon.

Needless to say, you would be better off buying a bicycle from Walmart than buying a car from CarHop. At least Walmart honors their warranties.They sold us a semi-broken vehicle and wouldn't honor their own vague warranty. We will never buy from CarHop again, and will tell anyone we know or even don't know to stay away!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This company is the worst!!! Unless you want to see your girlfriend getting hit on by the store manager (Victor) then this is your place. He would not stop and did not care that I caught him looking down my girlfriend's shirt! After everything, my girlfriend still wanted a vehicle and did purchase a vehicle there but we TRIED to return in within the 7 Day return policy but he said that he would not do it! So I called there corporate number and found out that he had to take it back so I dropped it off at the front door. Do not waste your time here!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I haven't had a loan in years. No credit history for a credit rating. I go into "Carhop", and the cars are dirty, Low to poor condition. I only found one that looked worth buying. However after looking up the value on Kelley Blue Book, I see that the price is almost double fair market value. Then find out they charge 19.9% interest and have a GPS tracking system with car shut down capabilities if you're late on the weekly or biweekly payment. That's not terrible, but crazy expensive for a old car. Then after they lure you in with the $0-100 dollar down payment for any vehicle on the lot.

You get there, and you pick the only vehicle you like, then they tell you that that vehicle is not part of that program.. BUT WAIT!! That's only the beginning of the lies and deception... So, I figured I'll do this and buy the overpriced high interest vehicle and when I go to test drive it the battery is dead. Not just the one I was interested in, Either. They all are. Every one I wanted to test drive was found with a dead battery. Could it be from the extra GPS tracking equipment and shut down system that was improperly installed? Anyway I go for a test drive and almost nothing electrical works. Radio has no signal like antennas unplugged, power windows don't work, Right turn signal won't stay on unless you hold it, interior dome light goes on and off while driving, panic alarms going on and off if you lock the vehicle... Etc..

Well, They claim they'll fix it and add it to the sales agreements. It's the end of the day and I have to make a decision. I trust them and pay my down payment, and looking through my paperwork, and signing as I go I noticed a error my down payment was NOT taken off the price.. They had the interest calculated, the purchase price with the additional tax, title registration. However my money I paid down was not calculated. I figured it was just a simple error and kindly pointed out to the saleslady the error. And, she first tried to lie to me nicely and say it's in there, it's just the way they write it out. I tell her let's calculate it out on paper. SURE enough after calculations my down payment was not subtracted from the costs.. Then the lady stands up and YELLS saying "That's how we do business at Carhop. If you don't like it leave."

After reading reviews online and the fact it's near impossible to get them to properly fix anything depending on area or situation. My opinion is to run!! Don't walk away.. If you can afford $400 a month for a payment or more you can save up and own the same vehicle in 1/4th the time it takes to pay it off, and it will probably be a more dependable vehicle.. That's my opinion. You have family. Ask them.. They may help you out?? Don't choose Carhop...

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

On December 10, 2019 I applied online to CarHop because I was going to be moving back to Washington state from Ohio. I previously purchased and paid off a vehicle with CarHop in 2011. Stephanie, the Seattle, Washington manager emailed me stating that I was pre-approved. I then called her that same day, December 10, 2019 at and discussed with her in detail about my situation. Stephanie's response was that as long as I had offer letters for employment, valid Ohio driver's license that it would be fine they can get me into a vehicle zero down! I contacted Stephanie via phone December 23rd at CarHop Seattle once again just to confirm that what she stated in our December 10th conversation was still accurate.

Friday December 27th I arrived to CarHop Seattle via Uber. I arrived there, organized and prepared. Based off of my two conversations with Stephanie I did NOT have transportation arrangements to go home due to Stephanie's definitive statement that I am approved $0 down. Stephanie comes back, the Seattle location manager and tells me nonchalantly that underwriting is requiring 30 days of paycheck stubs here in Washington state before they will give me a car. I reminded her of our conversations. She apathetically stated, "well sometimes they approve it and sometimes they don't." I told her that I took an Uber all the way here and if there had been any margin of error or possibility that they could deny me she should have allowed ME TO CHOOSE to make the trip out here based on that information.

Then she asked me if I had any other sources of income, child support, welfare even food stamps. I told her that I did have income from the state but it wouldn't last for much longer because I would be working and no longer qualified. She said, "that's good enough do you have proof" so I emailed her a letter of benefits. Waited longer, she came back and stated that the Underwriters still wanted to see 30 days of paycheck stubs. The district manager comes to the desk and listens to my story, he says that he will listen to the phone calls and if she does, in fact say what I said she said that he would Uber me back home. He returns and says that he heard her say it, but he pulls up the CarHop website, scrolls to the bottom and says that the website states that approval pends multiple factors. I told him I don't have a way home, I have no vehicle, and I don't have the money to Uber back home.

He told me he's not Ubring me home. I insisted, and then he threatened to call the police. The gentleman sitting next to me...stood up and said, "ma'am I'm so sorry you're going through this. I will Uber you home, consider it my good deed of 2019." This man was a complete stranger, but he was listening to the whole thing and he stood there and paid $83 to Uber me back. I couldn't believe it I was so grateful to this John! (I think that's his name.)

Again to be clear, I'm NOT upset at what the underwriting wants from me. I am upset about how Stephanie handled things and how she misrepresented the possibilities. Furthermore, how the district manager treated me. I'm grateful to the stranger that made sure I got home. God bless him. Thank you for reading, hopefully your company will grow from this testimony and review because what happened is WRONG, how I was treated was WRONG, and how I was misled was WRONG.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

The staff was nice until I wanted to take advantage of the 7 day exchange if you aren't satisfied. The first vehicle I should have kept because the 2nd vehicle the window went down and wouldn't come up. The 3rd vehicle had a flat tire the next morning after taking 3 hours to do an exchange because they didnt want me to exchange. They change your paperwork and take down the sign that says you can even in small print. If I'm gonna pay 4 times what a vehicle actually costs I feel like it shouldn't break down in the first 3 months. 2 weeks in and I have a flat that fix a flat held together only over the weekend. My vehicle has been parked and they already have a payment on a car that I can't drive. They should only sell credit help not cars.

Bad customer. You don't call a customer a liar and tell them to leave because you lied. Good thing I had the paperwork to back up what they say. I will never come here again. This is my 3rd time using CarHop and my only bad experience. I should've went to Crystal or Maplewood or waited until I could purchased a vehicle without monthly payments. I just needed revolving credit because I dont want a credit card. Carhop gets two hands down. Stay away from the Ingrove location.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I recently bought a car from CarHop. My payments were supposed to be bi-weekly on my paydays. After they went through all the information they made me watch a video while they finished up. Of course since we already went over everything I signed unaware they changed the paperwork to every week payments for 186.00. I just was notified I was 3 payments behind due to that so they came and repoed my car and now they want me to pay $10,000 to get it back. Definitely not worth going. They are sneaky and lie to get you to buy!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I went to Carhop because like so many, my credit is shot and I needed a vehicle. Everyone was very friendly and I was offered two vehicles to choose from. The first was a sedan with a damaged door so I opted for the JEEP which was newer and nicer. Not even 6 months later, I notice my transmission is starting to go out. I can’t even get on the freeway because it will overheat and I have to pull over! I call the shop where Carhop tells me to go and they basically tell me there is absolutely nothing they will do for me until my transmission goes out 100%! I also enrolled in the option for autopay that allows you to skip a payment after six months of on-time payments. I went use it but upon seeing my account, I am marked as 1 day late for EVERY SINGLE PAYMENT MADE!!! I emailed their office and it’s been over a week and still no reply! I regret ever giving them my business!

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information