Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.36/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

232 CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 6, 2019

It would literally be less painful of an experience to live with all your coworkers in a two man tent than try to go through CarHop with less than 700 credit and 1000 dollars down. They pick the car you get. It’s way overpriced. Half the time they are crappy lemon cars. Anyway if you have any problems making payments for any reason they will come after you both barrels blazing. It’s like buying drugs on payments from the mob. Literally walk until you can go anywhere else because they will own you the second you put your name on the dotted line.

Original review: July 6, 2019

This company is an awful all around scam. The downpayment you provide goes into their pocket, not towards your vehicle. 98% of their vehicles have problems and WILL break down within a year. Their warranty is a joke. The underwriters are a joke. A close person to me went in, got approval with 315 down, but decided to wait a bit longer before buying. Went back, then was told come back in after 180 days, and it would be 200 down on a high problem vehicle.

Now mind you nothing changed on his application and he was making more than when he first went in. It all depends on the underwriter's mood. The company does not care about its employees at all. They charge you $8000 for a $3000 car. They are trained to talk down to you about your credit, no matter what your score is, make you humiliated then offer you the 2 worst cars on the lot, and not give you all your approved options. Have fun with this joke of a company. They will never receive business from me or anyone I have ties to.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Hello. My name is Kwame **. Today was supposed to be one of the best days of my life as I set out to surprise my wife with a brand new Toyota babe. I had already sign paperwork, cleared to sell. All we had to do was go pick it up that morning, bypassing CarHop at looking at so another man a lot less money but a little more perfect for what we need it for. So I told my wife about it and we decided to go check it out. When I arrive to CarHop I went inside. There were two people there, the manager and he was talking to a customer. Instead of trying to explain to you what happened next let me explain something. It is 2019, there was no way that a company like CarHop can be allowed to hold policy that discriminates against ** people, people of color and get away with it. It is by far the worst form of discrimination when it is done from a ** person to a ** person.

I never thought I would be a victim of ** on ** discrimination but now that it has happened let me assure you sir Mr. CarHop. Unfortunately this is the platform that I must use to get your attention. I have no choice, what to say to it as loud as I can at the top of my lungs. You will not discriminate against me and get away with it. I was told it was your policy to deny me and my wife the opportunity to view or inspect the vehicle before I buy it. I was told that it is your policy for me to first undergo a credit check and approval before I can even view the vehicle. I was insulted and told that I could not view the vehicle until my approval was guaranteed, just in case my approval was not enough to cover the price of the van. From the time I walked in the door I was assumed poor. I was treated like a piece of ** because I was ** and I was fraudulently denied access to a vehicle that is now gone.

CarHop Omaha Nebraska Northwest Radial Highway. I'm looking for anyone who wants to join my lawsuit against CarHop and their discriminatory policies. Let's take them to court and sue. Join me. I am calling out for anyone who has been denied anything from CarHop in Omaha Nebraska. After I thought about it, I don't wish for a peaceful diplomatic ending. You discriminated and embarrassed me in front of my wife and then you talk to my wife like she was a piece of trash. For that I'm going to blow your CarHop out the water. My solitude has turned to anger and my anger is turning to rage and I am going to release that rage all on CarHop. First order of business, I demand to see the racist policy that says I cannot view the vehicle until my credit is approved because you don't want to get my hopes up too high. Show it to me. You **. Let's get together and sue the hell out these **.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My wife and I were treated like trash, by some girl named Nicole. We were given 4 options to "choose" from. The first vehicle was spewing power steering fluid, and needed front end work. The second one needed brakes, and had a tick coming from the engine, the third one had a tick coming from the engine. Every time we took it back in we were told something along the lines of, "Well it still runs," or "The brakes still work," or it was just brushed off like it's normal.

Finally I increase our down payment to $750, Nicole reluctantly showed us a little Nissan Altima. The car drove great and seemed like a decent little car, so we do the paperwork and finance for almost $9000. I took the car into my mechanic the next weekend and find out the vehicle has massive problems along with a few minor ones. The oil cooler was leaking, the transmission had a few leaks, and the exhaust manifold had a leak (I'm not sure how it passed emissions). When my mechanic called to tell me these issues he says to not buy the vehicle. I took the mechanic inspection to Nichole and I was told changing the fluids would fix the leaks, and the inspection report didn't tell her anything. Needless to say I left the vehicle there and got my money back in 7 days.

When I finance a car for almost $9000 and $400 a month payments, I expect a vehicle that is road worthy and I'm not going to have to drop $2000 worth of repairs immediately into it. These people prey on people who have poor credit and very few options. Everything on their lot seems to be trash and not worth the money you would spend going through them. There are way better places to go in town that offer the same buy here pay here and will still help rebuild your credit. Don't buy from them and take your money elsewhere!

Original review: June 3, 2019

For the betterment of your bank account, credit & sanity, DO NOT FINANCE WITH CARHOP... “I have no other option” .... I can assure you that not having a car is better than financing through Carhop. I’d tell my younger self to be patient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I bought a vehicle from CarHop 2 months ago and honestly I regret it. Since I had it my vehicle has already been in the shop twice. The first time was for the rear air shocks which I think should be covered under their so called "best warranty." CarHop told me that warranty does cover suspension but just the axle. Which is the dumbest thing cuz the air shocks is part of any vehicle suspension especially on any suv or truck. But of course it ended up out of my own pocket. Then just a week and a half after I brought back to the shop for tranny went out. I assumed that CarHop would authorize to have a new or even a refurbished transmission put in my car but the mechanic told me that CarHop had authorized for a used transmission.

So basically it's like they went to Pick-n-Pull and pulled the transmission from another beat up suv and just transferred it to my Denali so that they wouldn't pay too much. But I truly hope that CarHop knows that under California Lemon Law for dealerships... if my vehicle ends up in the shop 3 or more times in the shop for the same problem... by law they would have to take the vehicle back and give me all my money back or exchanging it. So let's just hope that by putting a used transmission it will get through their ** warranty.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The car broke down the day after I bought it. Transmission failed. They had it on the lot for less than a month before they sold it me. They allowed me to drive it off the lot with no oil in the vehicle at all. Like smoke coming out of the oil hole. In less than a year, I had to replace the transmission, two alternators, a starter, a battery, oil filter and a full oil change on top of having to have the oil leak fixed. I still have to get the windshield wipers fixed.

The only thing they paid for was the transmission and the oil leak. And the labor on the first alternator because I was literally taking it to the shop every other week at that point. When I reached out to a higher up. He tried to lie to me about the fact they purposefully didn't put oil in it so that they wouldn't have to fix it. I told him, "You said they check the fluids regularly; if it was on the lot for less than a month and they check them regularly then either they didn't check them or they didn't fill them."

Customer service is terrible except for the higher up. I talked to a nice lady on the phone today. Their warranty is the worst ever displayed by a company. It literally covers the motor and transmission specifically. Pretty much nothing else. The car still has problems. I have to get a final inspection done before the warranty goes out and see if anything is actually covered. The worst decision I've ever made. Never again nor would I reccomend. Maybe other areas are better. North Seattle/Aurora Ave area is horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought my 2007 Buick Lacrosse from the Tacoma, WA CarHop back in August. It had a bad transmission when I test drove it. They wrote into my contract that they would replace it. They sent me to a great family owned repair shop here in Puyallup to have it replaced. What they don't tell you when they go over their 18,000 mile/18 month warranty, is that they get all their parts from junk yards. Untested. So they replaced my transmission that slipped in 1st and 2nd gear with a transmission that slipped in 1st gear. The repair shop had my car for 3 and a half weeks because they were waiting for CarHop to send them my "new" transmission.

When I picked my car up, I immediately complained that the transmission was still slipping, got no response except that there is no way that the new transmission has the same issue as the old one and that I just need to put tranny fluid in it. I have checked my tranny fluid every other day since September. It finally needed a quart at the beginning of April. So I added two. So last Sunday my husband and I go to run errands, and at our first stop, the tranny goes out. All I have is reverse. I call AAA and have it towed back to the repair shop that installed the last CarHop tranny.

The manager of the shop started emailing CarHop Monday morning, it's now Wednesday, and she has yet to hear back from them. So I call CarHop, they say they don't have any correspondence from the repair shop. So I call the manager back and she sends yet another email! While on the phone with CarHop, I asked what they were gonna do about my transmission, they of course said NOTHING! Because they don't care about good customer service or backing their POS parts they send out. They just care about getting my $12,000 for a car that's only worth $3,000! WORST CAR LOT EVER!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! Even with bad credit, find a locally owned dealership that does in-house financing! CarHop will bleed you dry and leave you carless!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We first went to CarHop in December of 2015 because my hubby was in the Navy and Ally Financial had illegally repossessed his truck (that will be in another review don’t worry). We got the Dodge Magnum and thought everything was fine. The transmission went out in it within two weeks. We had to have the car in the shop for two weeks and the problem was not fixed. They still owe us a new transmission. Then we had a tire blow out on highway 101 in WA. We had to replace all of the tires because they had dry rotted from the car sitting in the lot for so long. Our final straw is their financing department. They literally do whatever they want. We’ve called to have dates changed because of the way paychecks were being dropped and they decided not to help us. They would never let us use our skip a month because we paid on time. Their fees are way too high for the service provided.

Needless to say we’ve argued on the phone and sent emails plenty of times with documentation and to no avail. We will be paying this car off in a few months and we will never use them again. We basically have to rebuild the transmission again and this will be the third one for this car possibly even the fourth if the first owner had to replace it already. We have gear shift issues (the spring snapped so we have to use a screwdriver to get it out of park).

The only good thing about that car is that we got into an accident with a drunk driver (we were stopped at a red light and he hit our rear end going 40mph) is that the car wasn’t severely damaged and it was still drivable. We have had battery issues with it and have had to replace the battery once. The battery is dead yet again so it might be recharging it or replacing it again and we just bought it last year (2018). We have found one person that was nice and helped us in the department. She’s the only one that does help. But other than that they’re rude and really try to make you feel bad.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I got a 2004 Honda Accord and I have had it for 2 years now. Every payment was taken out automatically. One time my job switched pay dates and I let them know. I was told to send in my paystub which I did so then they started trying to pull my money before the direct deposit. I would then end up with a few for trying to overdraft. I explained I would just pay it on my own. An awful account person name Jonathan got a hold of my account. He treated me as if I never paid my car note and he disabled my starter and told me he could do it if he felt like it.

He told me he owns my account and can say forget a payment and you pay on time or I cut it off and he was extremely rude. I spoke with his boss Brian and Ben and Ben then told me I wouldnt have to ever deal with him again but once again disrespectful Jonathan continues to call when my payment is trying to be pulled and shouldnt. I would suggest going to a million other auto companies before you ever try them make them a life or death choice. CARHOP IS THE WORST FINANCE COMPANY EVER.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information