Find a Car Dealerships partner

3. Car Dealerships

2.3/5 (423 ratings)
Find a Car Dealerships partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About CarHop Auto Sales and Financing

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: May 12, 2020

NEVER buy from these Bucharest of liars. Got an 06 jeep and made first payment in Aug. Jeep hasn't really ran since but they tell me I can pay the $100 deductible to find out why..when it does run. It stalls while going 65mph down the road and tries to jerk you off the side of the mountain. I wasn't told about the tracker but my name was esigned for me... Was told the total price pf $6,000 but it was really much higher... Was lied to again when I tried to return the vehicle in 3 days of getting it. Was told I was stuck with it.

I called to see about them towing it... Now remember it's All being recorded... I told the lady where I lived, reported my new address and everything. Was told YES they would tow me.. I told her I needed 'til payday... (I called on the 13th and get paid on the 20th-21st.) She told me call back when I was ready... Called on 21st to be told they won't tow me. That it's my responsibility to get it to them and that they reviewed the recorded call and I supposedly said nothing about payday and was called a liar.. (I'm sure that's been removed from the recorded call.)

I had 4 recalls on the Jeep that they didn't tell me about but after signing the papers and leaving the lot JEEP themselves sent me an email asking if I knew about the recalls... SMDH. The girl I bought from was bragging how she sold her Auntie a van that exactly 1 week later the transmission went out and so she paid the $100 deductible and basically had a "new" vehicle... A person who would do this to their own family WILL DEFINITELY SCREW YOU OVER HARDER!!!

I'm stuck with a nonmoving piece of ** 'til I get it under $3,000 then supposedly I can go to them and trade for another piece of ** vehicle... Umm no thanks. I'd rather set the ** on fire before ever buying or giving Car Hop another $1 out of my pocket... So if between my review and all the others who DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING AT CARHOP doesn't tell you to RUN away like all hell... Then I guess good luck with your experience and we'll see you back here with your complaints. Enjoy being Lied to by a whole Crew of LIARS!!!! If you have no choice but to get a vehicle from here I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the online Vin # checker page bc they give you full details so you don't go in blinded.. I found out about after my purchase????

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I went in today thinking that they would not be able to help me but Angela at CarHop Joplin, Mo. assured me she could help. I met her at 10:00am. By 2:00 I had the car I wanted that was within my price range. She was wonderful. I love my new vehicle and loved her knowledge of putting me in a vehicle that would not drown me. Awesome people.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My wife and I had just gone through a bankruptcy and were in need of a vehicle, as ours had broken beyond repair. The only place we could get approved was CarHop. We were sold a $1,500 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe (according to Blue Book value) for a grand total of $11,000+. We missed one payment, but the next payment was taken from our account. Nine days later they shut off the car. This was after already paying over $9,000 so far. We were so stupid to trust this company. They take advantage of people in need of a vehicle.

That's not the worst of it... The intake manifold needed to be replaced on the car, as the car would barely run. Our mechanic told us the damage was fairly old and he thought it was probably like that when we bought it. I called CarHop to start the warranty process, as an intake manifold is, in fact, part of an engine and not an attachment. They disagreed. We ended up having to pay over $1,100 to get it fixed and the CarHop employee I talked to didn't even try to work with us. He was actually quite rude and got upset with me when I told him we were sold a lemon.

Needless to say, you would be better off buying a bicycle from Walmart than buying a car from CarHop. At least Walmart honors their warranties.They sold us a semi-broken vehicle and wouldn't honor their own vague warranty. We will never buy from CarHop again, and will tell anyone we know or even don't know to stay away!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This company is the worst!!! Unless you want to see your girlfriend getting hit on by the store manager (Victor) then this is your place. He would not stop and did not care that I caught him looking down my girlfriend's shirt! After everything, my girlfriend still wanted a vehicle and did purchase a vehicle there but we TRIED to return in within the 7 Day return policy but he said that he would not do it! So I called there corporate number and found out that he had to take it back so I dropped it off at the front door. Do not waste your time here!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I haven't had a loan in years. No credit history for a credit rating. I go into "Carhop", and the cars are dirty, Low to poor condition. I only found one that looked worth buying. However after looking up the value on Kelley Blue Book, I see that the price is almost double fair market value. Then find out they charge 19.9% interest and have a GPS tracking system with car shut down capabilities if you're late on the weekly or biweekly payment. That's not terrible, but crazy expensive for a old car. Then after they lure you in with the $0-100 dollar down payment for any vehicle on the lot.

You get there, and you pick the only vehicle you like, then they tell you that that vehicle is not part of that program.. BUT WAIT!! That's only the beginning of the lies and deception... So, I figured I'll do this and buy the overpriced high interest vehicle and when I go to test drive it the battery is dead. Not just the one I was interested in, Either. They all are. Every one I wanted to test drive was found with a dead battery. Could it be from the extra GPS tracking equipment and shut down system that was improperly installed? Anyway I go for a test drive and almost nothing electrical works. Radio has no signal like antennas unplugged, power windows don't work, Right turn signal won't stay on unless you hold it, interior dome light goes on and off while driving, panic alarms going on and off if you lock the vehicle... Etc..

Well, They claim they'll fix it and add it to the sales agreements. It's the end of the day and I have to make a decision. I trust them and pay my down payment, and looking through my paperwork, and signing as I go I noticed a error my down payment was NOT taken off the price.. They had the interest calculated, the purchase price with the additional tax, title registration. However my money I paid down was not calculated. I figured it was just a simple error and kindly pointed out to the saleslady the error. And, she first tried to lie to me nicely and say it's in there, it's just the way they write it out. I tell her let's calculate it out on paper. SURE enough after calculations my down payment was not subtracted from the costs.. Then the lady stands up and YELLS saying "That's how we do business at Carhop. If you don't like it leave."

After reading reviews online and the fact it's near impossible to get them to properly fix anything depending on area or situation. My opinion is to run!! Don't walk away.. If you can afford $400 a month for a payment or more you can save up and own the same vehicle in 1/4th the time it takes to pay it off, and it will probably be a more dependable vehicle.. That's my opinion. You have family. Ask them.. They may help you out?? Don't choose Carhop...

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

On December 10, 2019 I applied online to CarHop because I was going to be moving back to Washington state from Ohio. I previously purchased and paid off a vehicle with CarHop in 2011. Stephanie, the Seattle, Washington manager emailed me stating that I was pre-approved. I then called her that same day, December 10, 2019 at and discussed with her in detail about my situation. Stephanie's response was that as long as I had offer letters for employment, valid Ohio driver's license that it would be fine they can get me into a vehicle zero down! I contacted Stephanie via phone December 23rd at CarHop Seattle once again just to confirm that what she stated in our December 10th conversation was still accurate.

Friday December 27th I arrived to CarHop Seattle via Uber. I arrived there, organized and prepared. Based off of my two conversations with Stephanie I did NOT have transportation arrangements to go home due to Stephanie's definitive statement that I am approved $0 down. Stephanie comes back, the Seattle location manager and tells me nonchalantly that underwriting is requiring 30 days of paycheck stubs here in Washington state before they will give me a car. I reminded her of our conversations. She apathetically stated, "well sometimes they approve it and sometimes they don't." I told her that I took an Uber all the way here and if there had been any margin of error or possibility that they could deny me she should have allowed ME TO CHOOSE to make the trip out here based on that information.

Then she asked me if I had any other sources of income, child support, welfare even food stamps. I told her that I did have income from the state but it wouldn't last for much longer because I would be working and no longer qualified. She said, "that's good enough do you have proof" so I emailed her a letter of benefits. Waited longer, she came back and stated that the Underwriters still wanted to see 30 days of paycheck stubs. The district manager comes to the desk and listens to my story, he says that he will listen to the phone calls and if she does, in fact say what I said she said that he would Uber me back home. He returns and says that he heard her say it, but he pulls up the CarHop website, scrolls to the bottom and says that the website states that approval pends multiple factors. I told him I don't have a way home, I have no vehicle, and I don't have the money to Uber back home.

He told me he's not Ubring me home. I insisted, and then he threatened to call the police. The gentleman sitting next to me...stood up and said, "ma'am I'm so sorry you're going through this. I will Uber you home, consider it my good deed of 2019." This man was a complete stranger, but he was listening to the whole thing and he stood there and paid $83 to Uber me back. I couldn't believe it I was so grateful to this John! (I think that's his name.)

Again to be clear, I'm NOT upset at what the underwriting wants from me. I am upset about how Stephanie handled things and how she misrepresented the possibilities. Furthermore, how the district manager treated me. I'm grateful to the stranger that made sure I got home. God bless him. Thank you for reading, hopefully your company will grow from this testimony and review because what happened is WRONG, how I was treated was WRONG, and how I was misled was WRONG.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

The staff was nice until I wanted to take advantage of the 7 day exchange if you aren't satisfied. The first vehicle I should have kept because the 2nd vehicle the window went down and wouldn't come up. The 3rd vehicle had a flat tire the next morning after taking 3 hours to do an exchange because they didnt want me to exchange. They change your paperwork and take down the sign that says you can even in small print. If I'm gonna pay 4 times what a vehicle actually costs I feel like it shouldn't break down in the first 3 months. 2 weeks in and I have a flat that fix a flat held together only over the weekend. My vehicle has been parked and they already have a payment on a car that I can't drive. They should only sell credit help not cars.

Bad customer. You don't call a customer a liar and tell them to leave because you lied. Good thing I had the paperwork to back up what they say. I will never come here again. This is my 3rd time using CarHop and my only bad experience. I should've went to Crystal or Maplewood or waited until I could purchased a vehicle without monthly payments. I just needed revolving credit because I dont want a credit card. Carhop gets two hands down. Stay away from the Ingrove location.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I recently bought a car from CarHop. My payments were supposed to be bi-weekly on my paydays. After they went through all the information they made me watch a video while they finished up. Of course since we already went over everything I signed unaware they changed the paperwork to every week payments for 186.00. I just was notified I was 3 payments behind due to that so they came and repoed my car and now they want me to pay $10,000 to get it back. Definitely not worth going. They are sneaky and lie to get you to buy!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I went to Carhop because like so many, my credit is shot and I needed a vehicle. Everyone was very friendly and I was offered two vehicles to choose from. The first was a sedan with a damaged door so I opted for the JEEP which was newer and nicer. Not even 6 months later, I notice my transmission is starting to go out. I can’t even get on the freeway because it will overheat and I have to pull over! I call the shop where Carhop tells me to go and they basically tell me there is absolutely nothing they will do for me until my transmission goes out 100%! I also enrolled in the option for autopay that allows you to skip a payment after six months of on-time payments. I went use it but upon seeing my account, I am marked as 1 day late for EVERY SINGLE PAYMENT MADE!!! I emailed their office and it’s been over a week and still no reply! I regret ever giving them my business!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I bought a car from them a year ago. It is in the shop every other week. I am tired of putting money into a piece of **. I will never get a car there again. I put 5000. Dollars into it already and it is down again. I will be looking to start a class action suite on them for anyone else that got ripped off. If I could have I would not have gave any stars. They are worth zero.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

In February we got to CHOOSE our vehicle. We wanted something bigger than a car and they had about 3 choices; a commander, a Suzuki and our jeep. We liked the first two because they had 3 rows. The commander didn't have the tile yet. The Suzuki was being looked at (and bought) by a lady who got there before us, so Natalia (I think is her name) very nice lady introduced us to the jeep and WE LOVED IT! We went in with $1000 down and a low credit score. I give 4 stars because it had more than 100000 miles and a week after we got it the alternator went out, but they paid for it to be replaced (not new) but we paid a little extra to get a better one. Also, the tire had a nail in it, but they paid for it to be sealed.

All our tires were brand new though other than the nail. We like the fact that "they turn your car off" because they HELP BUILD YOUR CREDIT THAT WAY. And if you keep communication open and pay on time, they will help when you need that one time (or few) extensions. I feel bad for the reviews I've read who got that bad car, we got a good one and love our jeep. Hopefully we can trade it in for a SUV/truck with less miles. I do recommend the CarHop in Colorado Springs CO. Very helpful to my family and I.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Yes I have bad credit but I was given preapproval and told to just bring back my proof of income and everything was good to go. I come back on Today, do as Ed said and brought my proof, asked for his manager like he said too, and was pushed off on to a saleswoman with a ** attitude name S. **. this woman from the get go didn't do anything that Ed did. She submitted another application and had an excuse every time she check my status. Added a co-buyer for more income and then the excuse they used to turn me down was the most outrageous and insulting one of all. My mother could not be my co buyer because of her medical condition so I just need to wait till my payee application is final and I control her money. Now what the hell does her medical condition got to do with anything if it's not when I control it? Help those in need; well that's a joke.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Do not buy a car from CarHop. If you miss a payment they will turn your car off. They will not turn it on no matter the circumstances until you make a payment. Warning not worth it. They trick me to give a good review at time of purchase. I’m apologize to anyone who read my review and bought their car from CarHop. Don’t do it to yourself. I was force to give one star to post a review. They deserve 0.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

It started out to be just fine and were very understanding then I was shown a car which I didn't pick. Was told drive it and then to choose if we liked it or not. Took it back 2 days later. They said they would look for something else. It was always, “Give us a couple days. We’re getting more in or waiting for titles.” that never happened. It was just a runaround. It was like if we kept the car then we'd end up keeping. It was as if they were just pushing this car on us and was never going to find another. Finally today my husband took it back and said, "Here you go." They were to have called to fix this noise. Never called but today they were jumping at the chance to go right in and call my husband. No you had your chance and he told they were just taking advantage of 2 handicapped people.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

After financing us a really old car with a 20% interest rate the first time my husband went in, we really didn't want to do business with CarHop again. But, they kept calling and emailing us over and over, and we have a second child on the way, so we thought we'd give it a go after getting an email saying we could get a nice car at their LOWEST interest rate. You can see proof of that in the photo below. This was a mistake.

We have been paying off this car for two years. We actually make two payments of 184 each a month, even though we have a 2001 LeSabre, and due the high interest rate and the rip off upfront cost, we still owe over $2,000. By the way, we sometimes make a third additional payment. We have kept the car in great condition, and just replaced the transmission. My husband works on cars so he's made lots of repairs and upgrades to this car, including a high end sound system.

We went into CarHop for an appointment. We sat in the hot lobby for at least half an hour waiting for some assistance. No one even went outside to look at cars with us. We have our child with us and I'm very obviously pregnant. After finally re-doing all the paperwork, they tell us to test drive a specific car. I told my husband our child and I would just wait as a I didn't want to be playing musical car seats all day. Well he comes back and says not only does the car have mechanical issues, but it has no AC. It's 105 degrees and the CarHop associate had seriously been trying to talk me into taking my 1 year old in car with no AC?

He gives us keys to another car. I could not even get in this car because it reeked so badly of cigarette smoke. I could see that the interior of the car is FILTHY before opening the door and as soon as I do open it, I gag. It was that bad. Again, I have my child with me and I am very obviously (and this point have mentioned to him, "Hey, I'm 33 weeks pregnant, I can't have a car with no AC") that I'm pregnant. So they say "Ok we'll see what car we can get you/we'll get special approval." This is after months of calls and emails saying we qualify for any car on the lot, which seemed feasible seeing as my husband now makes substantially more money, and we have never been even one day late on a payment in two years.

They show us a third car, which is the car we actually came in to look at. My husband drives it and tells me it does not have any issues. I go to look at it. It doesn't smell like smoke, but it is DISGUSTING. I mean there are chip crumbs on every single surface and crevice of this car. There is dried soda on the back doors. The steering wheel says, "STUPID" in sharpie on it. It would have take hours and hours of detailing to get it to a reasonable condition that I would have felt comfortable letting a toddler and newborn in it, but again, my husband works on cars, so we have access to professional detailing equipment, so we tell them okay, we will consider it.

That's when they sit us down and tell us this 10 year old car, that sells for $16k brand new/current model, mind you, is $9,000 and the trade in value of our car is $200. So they want to sell us completely disgusting a car at double KBB value and take less than what we pay a month as a trade in for it. They also wanted us to pay 14% interest.

The manager came out and tried to talk us into taking the overpriced car, but would not budge on the 14% interest of the car cost. She said they are over KBB price because CarHop does a lot to fix and recondition the trade in cars. I told her how nasty the cars were and she acted shocked and said she had no idea. Sounds like a ** manager if she doesn't know what's on her tiny lot. I don't know how these people sleep at night. Ripping off desperate people is a ** way to earn a buck, and if they're gonna be rip off artist scum bags they could at least clean their office, and keep the thermostat lower than 81 degrees.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We got a Ford Explorer from CarHop Bremerton, keep in mind I check my fluids weekly. We had this car 3 weeks. I changed the oil once in those 3 weeks. Went to check the oil and my wife notices no water in the radiator overflow then see oil on top of the engine and in the radiator. We call them. They set us up with their mechanic to put a NEW ENGINE in...without this car we are screwed and they don't offer rental cars. Without being able to work we can't pay them so we broke down and spent 300$ on a rental today.

2 weeks later we were told to pick it up. Now they say, "Ooops we blew this motor also." I'm like WTF. I know someone put spun glass in the original engine. The temp seal the crack and happens to blow out on us. How is this our fault they sold us a broken car that made it past their 5 day window and now we are stuck with it and about to go in debt paying for another rental for 2 weeks. I mean is that customer service or what. No it's shady from their office to their mechanics. I need an atty.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Very deceiving company. CarHop does not care about their customers. I am paying for a car that I have not had for three weeks because the engine blew after only having it for two weeks. When I call them about it, they are very rude and says it is not their problem. Plus they do not help getting your credit improved. See the lawsuit being filed against them for this in your online news. Is it really worth it? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have had two cars through CarHop. I went there for the first one because like a lot of people I had bad credit and couldn't get a vehicle easily. The first car the transmission went out and I couldn't get any help getting it fixed. I was only a few payments away of it being mine. I tried to replace the vehicle but nobody would help me because I still had payments to CarHop. I had no choice but to go back. After 2 years and 10 months, paying $482 a month for a 2003 Jeep Liberty I am only 61% done paying for my car. They get rude with you and can get away with it because they know you have no other choice but to do with them. I actually did the math. It would have been cheaper for me to steal a car, get caught and go to jail. After all the money I spent I would have done that.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This place is a joke! I went to CarHop because like many others I was desperate. I got a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu. Right away it started shaking when I drove it. I took it to the shop they told me to take it to and they told me that it needed a new tire. So got a new tire on it and took it home. It was still shaking and making a loud noise almost like something was rattling around in my dashboard. Took it back and they tell me that I need new rotors. CarHop says they will order the parts and it should be in within the week. I have had this car for 2 years and the rotors have still not been fixed. Yeah 2 years!! Then my power steering went out and it's electric and not covered under warranty.

So for the last 7 months I've been paying on this car that's been sitting in my driveway that I can't afford to fix. I was going to trade it in next month when they told me I would be eligible to trade. The thing that stopped me was my mom. She decided to go through CarHop and she is now having major issues with her car as well. I decided to go through a different car dealership and I'm so glad I did. I'm now driving a 2016 Volkswagen Golf and paying less than I do at CarHop. When I went to take the Malibu back to CarHop the guy was extremely rude. I will never go through them ever again. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS! THEIR CARS ARE CRAP!!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Okay, I am going to have to say that when you go to a dealer like this it's because you have poor credit or no credit. We got approved for a car that took us all of 8 hours to finally get the price of it. I can overlook the fact that I am paying 19% interest and overpaying by 3000$ more than the Blue Book, I had no credit you see. But I can't overlook the fact that the car, (yes it's a used car) has broken down on me every two weeks since I have had it. Now none of these parts are covered with the glorious warranty that they provide.

My point is how in the world am I supposed to make a car payment, full coverage insurance, and pay a garage 200 plus dollars every pay day? I guess when you buy a car you are supposed to live in it and maybe eat if you have a few bucks left. When I called all they said was that's not covered, it's a used car, bla,bla. No, I'm sorry you are having issues or anything to make me feel like they give a crap. O yea I qualify for a skip a payment. Big deal how about since I pay them faithfully they sell me a car that I can have some faith in. Just do a lot of research before you go to CarHop and don't be dumb like I was. They take people's excitement over getting a car to their advantage. Good luck but I hope my review helps a few people out there. Josephine **. Seward, P.A.

Original review: July 6, 2019

It would literally be less painful of an experience to live with all your coworkers in a two man tent than try to go through CarHop with less than 700 credit and 1000 dollars down. They pick the car you get. It’s way overpriced. Half the time they are crappy lemon cars. Anyway if you have any problems making payments for any reason they will come after you both barrels blazing. It’s like buying drugs on payments from the mob. Literally walk until you can go anywhere else because they will own you the second you put your name on the dotted line.

Original review: July 6, 2019

This company is an awful all around scam. The downpayment you provide goes into their pocket, not towards your vehicle. 98% of their vehicles have problems and WILL break down within a year. Their warranty is a joke. The underwriters are a joke. A close person to me went in, got approval with 315 down, but decided to wait a bit longer before buying. Went back, then was told come back in after 180 days, and it would be 200 down on a high problem vehicle.

Now mind you nothing changed on his application and he was making more than when he first went in. It all depends on the underwriter's mood. The company does not care about its employees at all. They charge you $8000 for a $3000 car. They are trained to talk down to you about your credit, no matter what your score is, make you humiliated then offer you the 2 worst cars on the lot, and not give you all your approved options. Have fun with this joke of a company. They will never receive business from me or anyone I have ties to.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Hello. My name is Kwame **. Today was supposed to be one of the best days of my life as I set out to surprise my wife with a brand new Toyota babe. I had already sign paperwork, cleared to sell. All we had to do was go pick it up that morning, bypassing CarHop at looking at so another man a lot less money but a little more perfect for what we need it for. So I told my wife about it and we decided to go check it out. When I arrive to CarHop I went inside. There were two people there, the manager and he was talking to a customer. Instead of trying to explain to you what happened next let me explain something. It is 2019, there was no way that a company like CarHop can be allowed to hold policy that discriminates against ** people, people of color and get away with it. It is by far the worst form of discrimination when it is done from a ** person to a ** person.

I never thought I would be a victim of ** on ** discrimination but now that it has happened let me assure you sir Mr. CarHop. Unfortunately this is the platform that I must use to get your attention. I have no choice, what to say to it as loud as I can at the top of my lungs. You will not discriminate against me and get away with it. I was told it was your policy to deny me and my wife the opportunity to view or inspect the vehicle before I buy it. I was told that it is your policy for me to first undergo a credit check and approval before I can even view the vehicle. I was insulted and told that I could not view the vehicle until my approval was guaranteed, just in case my approval was not enough to cover the price of the van. From the time I walked in the door I was assumed poor. I was treated like a piece of ** because I was ** and I was fraudulently denied access to a vehicle that is now gone.

CarHop Omaha Nebraska Northwest Radial Highway. I'm looking for anyone who wants to join my lawsuit against CarHop and their discriminatory policies. Let's take them to court and sue. Join me. I am calling out for anyone who has been denied anything from CarHop in Omaha Nebraska. After I thought about it, I don't wish for a peaceful diplomatic ending. You discriminated and embarrassed me in front of my wife and then you talk to my wife like she was a piece of trash. For that I'm going to blow your CarHop out the water. My solitude has turned to anger and my anger is turning to rage and I am going to release that rage all on CarHop. First order of business, I demand to see the racist policy that says I cannot view the vehicle until my credit is approved because you don't want to get my hopes up too high. Show it to me. You **. Let's get together and sue the hell out these **.

Original review: June 9, 2019

My wife and I were treated like trash, by some girl named Nicole. We were given 4 options to "choose" from. The first vehicle was spewing power steering fluid, and needed front end work. The second one needed brakes, and had a tick coming from the engine, the third one had a tick coming from the engine. Every time we took it back in we were told something along the lines of, "Well it still runs," or "The brakes still work," or it was just brushed off like it's normal.

Finally I increase our down payment to $750, Nicole reluctantly showed us a little Nissan Altima. The car drove great and seemed like a decent little car, so we do the paperwork and finance for almost $9000. I took the car into my mechanic the next weekend and find out the vehicle has massive problems along with a few minor ones. The oil cooler was leaking, the transmission had a few leaks, and the exhaust manifold had a leak (I'm not sure how it passed emissions). When my mechanic called to tell me these issues he says to not buy the vehicle. I took the mechanic inspection to Nichole and I was told changing the fluids would fix the leaks, and the inspection report didn't tell her anything. Needless to say I left the vehicle there and got my money back in 7 days.

When I finance a car for almost $9000 and $400 a month payments, I expect a vehicle that is road worthy and I'm not going to have to drop $2000 worth of repairs immediately into it. These people prey on people who have poor credit and very few options. Everything on their lot seems to be trash and not worth the money you would spend going through them. There are way better places to go in town that offer the same buy here pay here and will still help rebuild your credit. Don't buy from them and take your money elsewhere!

Original review: June 3, 2019

For the betterment of your bank account, credit & sanity, DO NOT FINANCE WITH CARHOP... “I have no other option” .... I can assure you that not having a car is better than financing through Carhop. I’d tell my younger self to be patient.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I bought a vehicle from CarHop 2 months ago and honestly I regret it. Since I had it my vehicle has already been in the shop twice. The first time was for the rear air shocks which I think should be covered under their so called "best warranty." CarHop told me that warranty does cover suspension but just the axle. Which is the dumbest thing cuz the air shocks is part of any vehicle suspension especially on any suv or truck. But of course it ended up out of my own pocket. Then just a week and a half after I brought back to the shop for tranny went out. I assumed that CarHop would authorize to have a new or even a refurbished transmission put in my car but the mechanic told me that CarHop had authorized for a used transmission.

So basically it's like they went to Pick-n-Pull and pulled the transmission from another beat up suv and just transferred it to my Denali so that they wouldn't pay too much. But I truly hope that CarHop knows that under California Lemon Law for dealerships... if my vehicle ends up in the shop 3 or more times in the shop for the same problem... by law they would have to take the vehicle back and give me all my money back or exchanging it. So let's just hope that by putting a used transmission it will get through their ** warranty.

Original review: May 10, 2019

The car broke down the day after I bought it. Transmission failed. They had it on the lot for less than a month before they sold it me. They allowed me to drive it off the lot with no oil in the vehicle at all. Like smoke coming out of the oil hole. In less than a year, I had to replace the transmission, two alternators, a starter, a battery, oil filter and a full oil change on top of having to have the oil leak fixed. I still have to get the windshield wipers fixed.

The only thing they paid for was the transmission and the oil leak. And the labor on the first alternator because I was literally taking it to the shop every other week at that point. When I reached out to a higher up. He tried to lie to me about the fact they purposefully didn't put oil in it so that they wouldn't have to fix it. I told him, "You said they check the fluids regularly; if it was on the lot for less than a month and they check them regularly then either they didn't check them or they didn't fill them."

Customer service is terrible except for the higher up. I talked to a nice lady on the phone today. Their warranty is the worst ever displayed by a company. It literally covers the motor and transmission specifically. Pretty much nothing else. The car still has problems. I have to get a final inspection done before the warranty goes out and see if anything is actually covered. The worst decision I've ever made. Never again nor would I reccomend. Maybe other areas are better. North Seattle/Aurora Ave area is horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought my 2007 Buick Lacrosse from the Tacoma, WA CarHop back in August. It had a bad transmission when I test drove it. They wrote into my contract that they would replace it. They sent me to a great family owned repair shop here in Puyallup to have it replaced. What they don't tell you when they go over their 18,000 mile/18 month warranty, is that they get all their parts from junk yards. Untested. So they replaced my transmission that slipped in 1st and 2nd gear with a transmission that slipped in 1st gear. The repair shop had my car for 3 and a half weeks because they were waiting for CarHop to send them my "new" transmission.

When I picked my car up, I immediately complained that the transmission was still slipping, got no response except that there is no way that the new transmission has the same issue as the old one and that I just need to put tranny fluid in it. I have checked my tranny fluid every other day since September. It finally needed a quart at the beginning of April. So I added two. So last Sunday my husband and I go to run errands, and at our first stop, the tranny goes out. All I have is reverse. I call AAA and have it towed back to the repair shop that installed the last CarHop tranny.

The manager of the shop started emailing CarHop Monday morning, it's now Wednesday, and she has yet to hear back from them. So I call CarHop, they say they don't have any correspondence from the repair shop. So I call the manager back and she sends yet another email! While on the phone with CarHop, I asked what they were gonna do about my transmission, they of course said NOTHING! Because they don't care about good customer service or backing their POS parts they send out. They just care about getting my $12,000 for a car that's only worth $3,000! WORST CAR LOT EVER!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! Even with bad credit, find a locally owned dealership that does in-house financing! CarHop will bleed you dry and leave you carless!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We first went to CarHop in December of 2015 because my hubby was in the Navy and Ally Financial had illegally repossessed his truck (that will be in another review don’t worry). We got the Dodge Magnum and thought everything was fine. The transmission went out in it within two weeks. We had to have the car in the shop for two weeks and the problem was not fixed. They still owe us a new transmission. Then we had a tire blow out on highway 101 in WA. We had to replace all of the tires because they had dry rotted from the car sitting in the lot for so long. Our final straw is their financing department. They literally do whatever they want. We’ve called to have dates changed because of the way paychecks were being dropped and they decided not to help us. They would never let us use our skip a month because we paid on time. Their fees are way too high for the service provided.

Needless to say we’ve argued on the phone and sent emails plenty of times with documentation and to no avail. We will be paying this car off in a few months and we will never use them again. We basically have to rebuild the transmission again and this will be the third one for this car possibly even the fourth if the first owner had to replace it already. We have gear shift issues (the spring snapped so we have to use a screwdriver to get it out of park).

The only good thing about that car is that we got into an accident with a drunk driver (we were stopped at a red light and he hit our rear end going 40mph) is that the car wasn’t severely damaged and it was still drivable. We have had battery issues with it and have had to replace the battery once. The battery is dead yet again so it might be recharging it or replacing it again and we just bought it last year (2018). We have found one person that was nice and helped us in the department. She’s the only one that does help. But other than that they’re rude and really try to make you feel bad.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I got a 2004 Honda Accord and I have had it for 2 years now. Every payment was taken out automatically. One time my job switched pay dates and I let them know. I was told to send in my paystub which I did so then they started trying to pull my money before the direct deposit. I would then end up with a few for trying to overdraft. I explained I would just pay it on my own. An awful account person name Jonathan got a hold of my account. He treated me as if I never paid my car note and he disabled my starter and told me he could do it if he felt like it.

He told me he owns my account and can say forget a payment and you pay on time or I cut it off and he was extremely rude. I spoke with his boss Brian and Ben and Ben then told me I wouldnt have to ever deal with him again but once again disrespectful Jonathan continues to call when my payment is trying to be pulled and shouldnt. I would suggest going to a million other auto companies before you ever try them make them a life or death choice. CARHOP IS THE WORST FINANCE COMPANY EVER.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information