Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.34/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

236 CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2019

The car broke down the day after I bought it. Transmission failed. They had it on the lot for less than a month before they sold it me. They allowed me to drive it off the lot with no oil in the vehicle at all. Like smoke coming out of the oil hole. In less than a year, I had to replace the transmission, two alternators, a starter, a battery, oil filter and a full oil change on top of having to have the oil leak fixed. I still have to get the windshield wipers fixed.

The only thing they paid for was the transmission and the oil leak. And the labor on the first alternator because I was literally taking it to the shop every other week at that point. When I reached out to a higher up. He tried to lie to me about the fact they purposefully didn't put oil in it so that they wouldn't have to fix it. I told him, "You said they check the fluids regularly; if it was on the lot for less than a month and they check them regularly then either they didn't check them or they didn't fill them."

Customer service is terrible except for the higher up. I talked to a nice lady on the phone today. Their warranty is the worst ever displayed by a company. It literally covers the motor and transmission specifically. Pretty much nothing else. The car still has problems. I have to get a final inspection done before the warranty goes out and see if anything is actually covered. The worst decision I've ever made. Never again nor would I reccomend. Maybe other areas are better. North Seattle/Aurora Ave area is horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I bought my 2007 Buick Lacrosse from the Tacoma, WA CarHop back in August. It had a bad transmission when I test drove it. They wrote into my contract that they would replace it. They sent me to a great family owned repair shop here in Puyallup to have it replaced. What they don't tell you when they go over their 18,000 mile/18 month warranty, is that they get all their parts from junk yards. Untested. So they replaced my transmission that slipped in 1st and 2nd gear with a transmission that slipped in 1st gear. The repair shop had my car for 3 and a half weeks because they were waiting for CarHop to send them my "new" transmission.

When I picked my car up, I immediately complained that the transmission was still slipping, got no response except that there is no way that the new transmission has the same issue as the old one and that I just need to put tranny fluid in it. I have checked my tranny fluid every other day since September. It finally needed a quart at the beginning of April. So I added two. So last Sunday my husband and I go to run errands, and at our first stop, the tranny goes out. All I have is reverse. I call AAA and have it towed back to the repair shop that installed the last CarHop tranny.

The manager of the shop started emailing CarHop Monday morning, it's now Wednesday, and she has yet to hear back from them. So I call CarHop, they say they don't have any correspondence from the repair shop. So I call the manager back and she sends yet another email! While on the phone with CarHop, I asked what they were gonna do about my transmission, they of course said NOTHING! Because they don't care about good customer service or backing their POS parts they send out. They just care about getting my $12,000 for a car that's only worth $3,000! WORST CAR LOT EVER!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!! Even with bad credit, find a locally owned dealership that does in-house financing! CarHop will bleed you dry and leave you carless!!

Original review: April 30, 2019

We first went to CarHop in December of 2015 because my hubby was in the Navy and Ally Financial had illegally repossessed his truck (that will be in another review don’t worry). We got the Dodge Magnum and thought everything was fine. The transmission went out in it within two weeks. We had to have the car in the shop for two weeks and the problem was not fixed. They still owe us a new transmission. Then we had a tire blow out on highway 101 in WA. We had to replace all of the tires because they had dry rotted from the car sitting in the lot for so long. Our final straw is their financing department. They literally do whatever they want. We’ve called to have dates changed because of the way paychecks were being dropped and they decided not to help us. They would never let us use our skip a month because we paid on time. Their fees are way too high for the service provided.

Needless to say we’ve argued on the phone and sent emails plenty of times with documentation and to no avail. We will be paying this car off in a few months and we will never use them again. We basically have to rebuild the transmission again and this will be the third one for this car possibly even the fourth if the first owner had to replace it already. We have gear shift issues (the spring snapped so we have to use a screwdriver to get it out of park).

The only good thing about that car is that we got into an accident with a drunk driver (we were stopped at a red light and he hit our rear end going 40mph) is that the car wasn’t severely damaged and it was still drivable. We have had battery issues with it and have had to replace the battery once. The battery is dead yet again so it might be recharging it or replacing it again and we just bought it last year (2018). We have found one person that was nice and helped us in the department. She’s the only one that does help. But other than that they’re rude and really try to make you feel bad.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I got a 2004 Honda Accord and I have had it for 2 years now. Every payment was taken out automatically. One time my job switched pay dates and I let them know. I was told to send in my paystub which I did so then they started trying to pull my money before the direct deposit. I would then end up with a few for trying to overdraft. I explained I would just pay it on my own. An awful account person name Jonathan got a hold of my account. He treated me as if I never paid my car note and he disabled my starter and told me he could do it if he felt like it.

He told me he owns my account and can say forget a payment and you pay on time or I cut it off and he was extremely rude. I spoke with his boss Brian and Ben and Ben then told me I wouldnt have to ever deal with him again but once again disrespectful Jonathan continues to call when my payment is trying to be pulled and shouldnt. I would suggest going to a million other auto companies before you ever try them make them a life or death choice. CARHOP IS THE WORST FINANCE COMPANY EVER.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Lesson learned. I bought a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 from them in Maplewood MN. If any of y'all wanna get into a class action lawsuit again with CarHop let me know... The car I had gotten I didn't even pick out. They picked it out for me. Let alone a month into it I had to get the mainframe of the engine fix!!! They blamed me for not going to one of their mechanics... I went with what I knew which was Tire Plus. I trust them with any cars I get in the future. I found out the tires that was on the car had nails in it and I believe they sold me a car that was flooded. SMH. Damn shame that they expect me to continue to pay on it a car that is not worth 6k more like 3k, which I've already put into. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. IT'S TIME FOR CARHOP TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarHop Auto Sales and Financing?

Original review: April 10, 2019

Purchase a 2010 Mazda 5 and a couple of days after purchase starting having some problems. Took it to a shop that was on the list they gave me and was informed of the thing that was wrong with the car and it will get fix. After I got the car back from that shop was told for the other work that need to get fix. I had to take it to another shop.

So I call and made a appointment and took it to that shop. Mind you these are shops on the list that they gave me. So I took it to that shop and they was suppose to fix their part. But as I was driving it a few days later started hearing a lot of noise coming from under the car and seeing wear and tear on the tires. So I took the car to a tire shop and the tires was so worn then they cut the guy's hand but you could only see it if you take the tires off the car. That is just one thing that should’ve got caught before the car got sold to me. Now I’m having more problems with the front end that cost more than I can afford but they are telling me it is not cover under their warranty. If you still want to buy a car from CarHop make sure you get it inspected yourself.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Went to CarHop in Blaine, MN to buy a car. We picked out a car. Got the deal done and then a couple days later started having issues and found out from a shop the motor in the car had been changed and that General Motors didn’t offer that size motor in the car for that year. I then called my sales person to ask if they knew what year the motor was so I could get parts to fix the car. I was told, "Don’t worry about it. You have a warranty if anything happens." Well here I am months later and alternator is bad and it’s not covered on their warranty so I have no clue what year for the motor that’s in my car to buy parts.

Once again so I called them yet again and was told they no longer use the repair shop that put the motor in the car I bought from them and a supervisor will call me back. Well days later and still no call. So here I sit no car but still have to pay for it and they won’t do anything about it or call me back. Long story short don’t buy a car from them and if you do make sure the car or truck you buy has the motor in it that the manufacturer calls out for the year of the car. So they sold me a car with a different motor that I know nothing about or how many miles are actually on it and they won’t tell me anything but don’t worry you have a warranty. That does nothing for me.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I went to CarHop the first time in 2016 and I got a 2006 Kia Sportage with about 160,000 miles on it. Put $500 down. 2 weeks after I got the car the timing belt snapped. I took it in for the repair. They said they needed to put a new motor in it as well as the timing belt. They had my car over a week. I got it back, I refinanced my vehicle with my bank to get a lower interest rate, CarHop closed the account and dropped my credit score 150 points. 3 days later my timing belt snapped again while driving. I needed a car and everywhere said I needed a cosigner since my score dropped 150 points for them closing the account. So I had no choice but to go back to CarHop which was my mistake.

I now have a 2009 Chrysler Seabring. I got the car August 2018 and in December needed a new Transmission. I drive for work so I called them and asked if they had a loaner car. She said I can Uber myself to and from work (I'm a single mom and cannot afford that). Well a month after my junkyard transmission was put in it is now going out for the 2nd time as well as my water pump or my head gasket. The work done on my car was also bad work since they didn't screw in a lot of things and mount back a few things. I called and asked if I can just give the car back with how many problems it has and it being at now almost 200k and they said no... My car's value is only $1-$500. I'm paying 9 thousand for it... Save yourself the headache and please go somewhere else for a car...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Getting financed with a low downpayment was the easy part. And at the time of purchase thinking that paying triple the bluebook amount was going to be the worst part of my experience here, I was wrong. I can’t get through to weeks without having to throw a couple hundred dollars into repairs into this vehicle. The warranty I purchased through them was completely worthless, as the warranty company does not speak with customers, all they do is deny any coverage. The majority of the staffing are rude when you need to make payment arrangements, which are almost 100% necessary when you’re investing double the amount of the payment in the vehicle just to keep it running. And now that my loan is up and the vehicle is paid off, I have the title to an old hunk of junk that isn’t worth 10% of what I paid for it. I will never give them my business, and I will do everything to deter other people from shopping here!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got my car from Lakewood, WA because I had a bad experience with trying to get a car from other people and they made it worst. I got a car and the next day the transmission went out, When I went to pick the car after it was fixed them the car check engine light came on. I went and got a oil change and it went away. They told me to take it to their dealer auto body shop which I did and now they are telling me that there are so many codes coming up that they don't even know how to start to fix the car. The gentleman at the auto body shop was completely honest with me and told me to contact them which I have done. I just want my downpayment back and the money I paid into the car because it rude. They do this to people really in need.

CarHop Auto Sales and Financing Company Information