2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (741 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Buick

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Buick Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This car was the first model produced in this series. That said, it has quite a few problems. It consumes quite a bit of oil, as I am finding myself adding a quart of oil at least every two weeks, on average. Before realizing this, I had to replace the timing chains after the first 75000 miles, which is unfortunate.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The Regal is a great car. It is good on gas 22 mpg and has great acceleration for a 2 cyl car. It has plenty of room for the front seats. The ride is very comfortable, has a large trunk area, good vision all around.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Buick Enclave is a joy to drive and great for long distances in respect to comfort and safety. It is powered well but that fact does give it a thirst for fuel. I would recommend this make and model to follow-up drivers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Ot is an oldie but goodie Buick Century 2001 classic. It has 80000 miles & is still running smoothly. It has a cd player & runs like silk. I own it & don't have to make a car payment but do have to take it to the shop for little repairs, oil change & coolant etc.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Been fighting Buick for 4 months to get them to reimburse me for known fuel system issues just because I didn’t take to Buick dealer (I don’t trust the Buick dealership in the town where the car wouldn’t start). Ridiculous how bad the communication has been! Family has been loyal Buick family for over 60 years but we will never own another Buick and we will discourage any family members or friends from ever purchasing a Buick!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Update 11/21/2019:

I did reach out again to GM and again they denied any help. I firmly believe that if word gets out , they did mine, that there will be others banging on their doors with legal representation

I was very professional and nice ,I stated ,and not even a percentage ,their response ,we are not changing our decision. What's upsetting is that this is a known issue.

Original review:

I ordered a 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL AWD, it is a loaded vehicle, almost every option, it has and always will be garaged, maintained by buick, it is always clean and washed, waxed, and maintained, looks like brand new. In and out, in early June of 2019, I noticed paint coming off my vehicle in flakes, I luckily have a close friend who has a auto body shop near me, he saw it and was totally surprised to see paint flaking off the vehicle on the left side rear roof area and on the right side rear defroster glass body channel area, the rear glass had to be removed for repaint, headlines dropped, and repaired as necessary, it's like new, since the auto body shop my friend owns is very professional.

I reached out to General Motors with pictures and a estimate, they denied any repairs due its age, and not even a percentage, buick offered and gave me $100.00 as a service voucher. The vehicle has received many compliments on how it looks and drives, this is my vehicle, my last vehicle, and I maintain it like new. The repairs actually came to $2400.00

Funny thing is that it is white, and GM had a problem then on white and silver cars due to the paint flaking off due to improper application of primer, and Mary T Barra had buick executive office reach out to me, which they never did, I reached out to her, and she appeared to read a pre scripted letter on paint, little does she know, I have been around cars for a long time, from Chevrolet, Ford and I recently retired from a BMW dealership after 19.5 years and she is telling me how it is, the problem is, general motors offered nothing, not even a percentage on something that they knew and know was a problem.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had just bought a 2019 Buick Encore 7 months ago. Last week I was in a head on collision that saved myself along with the other four passages in my car. I selected this car for several reason, but one main reason was because of its safety. At the time of the head on collision all 8 or 9 airbags deployed immediately which saved all of our life’s along with wearing our seatbelts. My Buick was so beautiful inside and out and if I ever have the chance to buy me another one I will. We all were so blessed to be alive after the hard impact from the other car. Looking at my car after the accident one would wonder if the driver or passenger survived. We all had some bruising, cuts, and some loss of hearing out of my right ear, but my beautiful 2019 Buick Encore saved our life’s that day. It’s because of my Buick we are all living today. I wanted to thank the Buick people for my life.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Buick corporation and GM Corporation you guys have the nerve to send my a survey asking my opinion of the service from my dealership. Well let's see. You guys have had my car almost as much as I have considering my car has been to the dealership 13 times and you all still can't seem to fix it. Hire people who know what they are doing.

Buick corporation you guys are the biggest ** of all. I've contacted you all twice concerning this car and you all have basically told me keep working with the dealership even after explaining your certified dealership can't seem to fix the issue. So I will say this. People stay away. This cars are junk. They will sell you a certified lemon. It will say certified car which is suppose to mean as good as any new car. It should really have stated certified lemon garbage rolling nightmare, POS that no one will ever fix because they don't know the issue. Do not contact Buick Corp because you will be wasting your time as they true just want you to keep bringing your car in replace parts that shouldn't need replacing and by time it's all said and done you could have purchased a new car because by time you truly find the problem you will have spent more money fixing the rolling POS that they certified.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Broke down while traveling. First dealer replaced a warranty battery which I had to pay for because the dealer I bought it from did not provide the proper info according to service manager. Was told it was ok. Drove 200 miles had same problem. Drove to closest Buick dealer, paid for another diagnostic. Was told it was ok. Drove 40 miles, same problem. Drove back to same dealer was told what the problem was. Same as the first diagnostic from OnStar. Had to order part. Finally repaired and drove home. Had to deal with Delco direct to get a partial refund for the battery.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought my 2017 Buick Cascada new and had no problems until June 29, 2019. Since then nothing but problems. Four attempts to repair at one dealership between June 30 and the middle of July. The dealership claimed they fixed/replaced crank shaft and can shaft three times and the issues were unrelated. Returned car to me leaking oil. Second dealership has had car since first week of August with turbo part 30 to 60 days out. GMC representative informed me that’s a parts issue not theirs and since they plan to repair it they are upholding their end of the deal. I thought the deal was a quality car?!?? Apparently the deal is provide bare minimum and expect consumer to be happy. I expected more from Buick. Should have stuck with Nissan. Less flash but a lot more reliable!

Buick Company Information