Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.61/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

406 Buick Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought my Buick used with over 100,000 miles on the odometer. It had tires and brakes replaced. Have only replaced one rear wheel bearing, other than routine service since. Has been a very good car.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have a 2001 Buick Regal and is okay but it have its kinks. Not worth the money and need to be cheaper. Have dashboard gas gauge don’t work. On many it don’t work. Mileage display goes out on most of seen. Hard to fix the issue without getting charge a high mechanic bill.

Original review: April 29, 2018

After buying Buick for many, many years, I bought a Honda - I hated it. It was like driving in a tin can. After one year, I sold it and went back to a Buick - it was a costly mistake.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and it looks as good today and drives like new despite being 16 years old! It one of the cars that is considered as a "do not die" vehicle!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Although 2016 Buick Encore is a small 4 cylinder, it has plenty of power. Enough to get in and out of traffic, fantastic gas mileage. It has a great back up camera, blind spot alert, all wheel drive, Bluetooth, Pandora, etc. Can sign up for OnStar services too. I'm pleased with mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: April 26, 2018

Buick Envision has great vision of the road. Safety features, comfortable to drive, electronic capabilities and quiet when running. Leather is great quality too.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Buick Envision Essence - The perfect size SUV, 4 cylinder so not so peppy. Great gas mileage 28.7 both city and highway combined for my first 15k. Roomy particularly the back seat. Have taken long trips with adult backseat passengers. Also love the blind spot warnings and the complete sunroof. Pricey though. My sticker was 40,543 but bot 15% off. Made in China. Not that many on the road.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I really like this car and hardly any problems with it. It's my second Buick LaCrosse I have had and it has been a real good car for me. Lots of room, safe on the road and childproof locks in Windows.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Just purchased our 2015 Verano with 26k miles. After driving for a few days I noticed when it shifts into 2nd gear car shudders and shakes. No lemon law on used cars. We purchased this car from a Toyota dealer. As the story goes. AS IS. It has a warranty from Buick but I have a sick feeling this is not going to go well... 16k spent on the car and now I'm stuck taking it to hope it can be fixed. Meanwhile my reliable car is gone so now I'm going to have to rent a car... I will update when I find out what I'm told. Anyone else have a shake, shudder feeling when driving?

Original review: April 18, 2018

The 2007 Buick Lucerne is not much of a car but it rides nice. Has given me very few problems but gets good gas mileage and is great for long trips.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The Buick Enclave for my family of six has given me nothing but problems. My check engine light would stay on majority of the time. It use to sound like something up under the vehicle was loose because it would rattle really badly. Whenever you started the truck up, it would make a loud roaring sound and grinding when making a left hand turn. My heat/air went out. All of the warning signals began lighting up. My front driver tire would always go low; but I was told by the dealership that the passenger back tire sensor needed to be replaced. The list goes on and on, but now it has been inoperable and parked in front of my garage since May 4, 2017.

I had just got the vehicle used from a car lot; that had just purchased it from the dealership next door to them that morning. The downside was that it was purchased AS IS and with no extended warranty. The worst part is that it was purchased to replace a car that I had just lost, due to a total loss of being in an accident where I was not the at fault driver. I went months without a vehicle after being forced to turn in the rental.

Now, my family has to endure being without a running vehicle now for almost a year. It is extremely unethical on GM's part because they were already aware of many of their plethora of models/years before they even started. Now, my family has been going in debt to pay for a vehicle that we cannot drive. I have been forced to turn down temp jobs because the strain of lack of multiple public transit routes not coinciding with job schedules. Most people in social media groups have been bragging about at last getting rid of their money pit vehicles. I wish that was even an option for me. However, if I was even able to afford to get it fixed, I would still be taking a major loss with the $4000 that I put down plus the loan payments that we are currently still making in addition to when I was still making full coverage insurance payments. That could have been going towards the loan payments, repairs, or even another vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We have a 2011 Buick Regal with 60,000 miles. Transmission went this summer. Got that fixed. Now the timing chain is broke. Because the timing chain broke the motor went. The car is an absolute lemon and we are told nothing is covered. I wish I knew how GM could get away with this.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I own a 2012 GMC Enclave and I have the same problem with the timing chain. The problem is not with the timing chain but rather with the motor. Every model of GMC auto that has this motor has the same problem. After several conversations with the executive customer service department I came to the conclusion that they will not acknowledge this problem unless we force them to. If everyone that has experienced this problem begin by writing unto their state consumer protection dept we can begin to put pressure on the company to acknowledge the problem. If this does not work then there are other steps we can take.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased my 2012 Buick Verano when Buick introduced the new series in 2012. It was fairly loaded with many options and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that car. However I did have several manufacturer issues. In the first 2 years I had to 1. Force dealership to replace windshield because there was literally a full hand print within the windshield (during manufacturing someone touched either the glass or the safety plastic that's inside before glass was finished or fused together. It was right in my line of sight. Dealership went round and round finally they admitted they could see the issue and agreed to replace under warranty.

2. Rear window replaced. A strip in the heating element stopped working. Dealership had nerve to ask me if I could live with it... REALLY?? It's unset warranty of course I want it replaced. The factory paint job was sub par. I didn't realize it at first but it became obvious quickly. The bottom part of rear wheel wells behind where you catch ask the runoff and splash from tires started fading right away. Hood, bumper, roof all chipped way too easily... Regardless of these things I loved the Verano. It was totaled in an accident in 2015. I immediately bought a 2015 Verano. This one was way better, loved the build in wifi/ 4G LTE. It also came with advanced safety features and improved touchscreen infotainment.

Only had 1 flaw that I didn't even realize. When I had it at a different dealership for oil change, I was going to buy touch up paint. The service manager was looking at my car and noticed few spots not quite right. Turned out after they flew someone from their GM headquarters out to Portland Oregon. He confirmed that my car was one of a select batch that had defective paint jobs. So they put me in a loaner for almost 3 weeks and my Verano had to be completely repainted. Since they contract that out, I was lucky enough to get a way better paint job than manufacturer. So as of just 2 months ago I finally got the car I always wanted but it's usually way too expensive for my taste lol.

I saw a 2014 Buick LaCrosse fully loaded and a premium pearl diamond paint job heads up display. This car was $47, 000 brand new. It was a one owner lease and had incredibly low miles on it. It still looked and smelled new. They were selling it for $21.000. I didn't hesitate I knew it wouldn't last long.. So far I'm in heaven with my LaCrosse. I really can't find anything wrong with it. It's powerful, very quiet, feels sporty as well as elegant and comfortable... FINGERS CROSSED! So, obviously I've had opportunity to change brands but I really do like Buick. I had never driven or owned one before 2012. Unless Buick introduces another great model I really want. I may most likely change to a different look and feel. I hope this helps anyone with questions or doubts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I'm absolutely in love with my vehicle’s quality & performance. I've only had one problem due to my ignorance. I live in Northern Manitoba Canada. We experience extreme temperatures and I didn't allow the vehicle to run long enough to warm up. Thus resulting in the power steering hose to fail. I searched around for a garage that would fix it at a fraction of what the dealer would cost. Turns out the dealer had a better price and warranty. Despite new ownership, I received my customer loyalty price. I've replaced my tires and it's like driving a brand new Enclave. I've fell in love all over again. My first ever experience with Buick in all my years and I have nothing but good to say. I highly recommend 2013 Buick Enclave.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

These cars should be took off the market. I paid 17000 for this 2009 Buick Lucerne, low mileage, but had not made 3 payments and this? Relay box burning, could catch vehicle on fire. I will not let my grandchildren ride in my car. Buick needs to take all of these vehicles off the road, and the car company they bought it from needs to offer them another vehicle so no one can be burnt up!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

2012 LaCrosse - Heating/Cooling issues on the driver side... i.e. air conditioning on in the car, heat blasting out of driver side. Touch screen no longer works. Clear coat has failed in several spots. I have detailed cars for 25 plus years and I keep my cars paint protected better than most and I have 6 locations on the bumper where the clear coat has peeled off, and now a new 2 inch piece of clear coat missing on the driver side front fender.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I bought a 2014 Buick Enclave. One of the most best rides, safest, great looking, affordable and best vehicle I have ever bought. I have had no problems with this vehicle, great service at dealership and overall satisfied with my choice.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have a 2013 Buick Verano. The paint on the hood and roof is fading. It's Ebony Twilight Metallic. I love my Verano and plan keeping this car for a long time. Was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble or what can be done about it.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I own a 2013 Buick Verano. It is garaged and it only has 22.000 miles on it. The clear coat on the hood and roof is dingy and almost not shiny at all. I was in a parking lot the other day and took a pic of a Buick Verano with the same problem! Has anyone else complained about this?

Original review: July 23, 2017

Wrong head rests on Envision. Sales lady promised the Capital Buick in Edmonton could fix the problem. Now that we have signed the lease and have the vehicle she denies saying they could resolve the issue. The Envision is unsafe to drive, with the present head rests and we are stuck with a SUV that is extremely expensive. Paddy is wild with rage and is planning on taking the Envision back to Capital Buick and demanding they cancel the lease. We are considering a Mazda, as our friends recommend the SUV and the service people. Now I know why there are so few Buick on the streets.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We recently bought a 2017 Buick Encore and the first time it reached about 115 degrees my acceleration became nil. I'd press down from a stop light and the car would barely move (1000 miles on it then). Then coming home from work my wife was getting on the freeway, she pushed down, hardly did anything, had to "punch it". When she did it moved, but the AC turned off altogether. We contacted Buick about this problem (acceleration) and they said "put higher octane gas in it, it might solve the problem". REALLY!!! Come to find out after many phone calls that the Turbo in the Buick Encore can't take the higher temps and will hesitate badly when pushing down on the gas. They're "working on it" so they say.

I've even spoken with people in Detroit who say the Engineers are working to find a solution. Yet, they are still selling these cars without telling anyone of the consequences. I believe the Engineers and top Exec knew of this problem and just told the dealers to sell them anyway. We will never buy a Buick again. In closing let me say that many don't realize how many days over 100 degrees we have in AZ, NV, CA, TX and a few other states. Last year we had 99 days over 100 degrees. This year is expected to be more and yet even at 100 or 105 this car "acts up". The other thing many don't realize is that here in AZ like many other western states our humidity is only about 5-15% most of the time. That's extremely "Dry" and means that Sun is hotter. We don't have any moisture in the air to speak of. This is very telling on the cars and people. This is why Buick needs to DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What a waste of cash paid out of pocket!!! LEMON LEMON LEMON!!! Future I will buy foreign! Just after purchase wheel bearing out - dealership replaced the part and new tires. Engine out before 60,000 miles-necessary towing from interstate. Trunk release had to be replaced... fixed with key chain. Transmission out before 80,000 miles- towing necessary broke down in parking garage. 3 windows would not work up or down- replaced. 4th window out- someone suggested replace door panel unit to operate windows which Buick knew was a problem rather than previously spent $400 per window.

AC problem - have constantly had to add Freon every season and now for second time since 2 months ago needs it again... LEMON!!! Bag of trouble! Now 104,000 miles from since I bought it and seals need to be replaced. I have to rent a car to drive any distance since afraid I will break down again! Not dependable at all!!! Women DO NOT BUY BUICK BECAUSE IT IS NOT RELIABLE!!! Contacted Buick 7 years ago but no response! Horrible experience and expensive to replace all these parts and towing!!! Attorney may contact me if you take it out of the winnings! Think still have original receipt... in SUV.

Original review: June 26, 2017

2017 Buick Enclave - 2nd Enclave we have owned. Has dangerous problems with blind spots. Almost "0" visibility on both sides. We had to add spot mirrors on side mirrors. The worst problem is with the Navigation system that Buick is aware of, but is not making any effort to correct. Nav sys will tell you to make a "U-turn" where there is no place to make a U-turn within 10 miles in the middle of the freeway. Used Nav Sys to get to an appointment, set it for our home address on the way home, told us to take a freeway going south instead of East--would have been in the middle of downtown Los Angeles had we followed the directions.

We have contacted Buick - about 3 weeks ago and requested that they buy the automobile back from us and let us get on with our lives. However, we have heard nothing from either GM or the dealer we bought the car from. WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER GM CAR AS LONG AS I LIVE! Will encourage everyone I know not to buy GM. It is unconscionable that they refuse to even talk with us!!! Dealers service person advised us that the Nav Sys is a problem with this model and there is no indication as to when or if they will have it resolved.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I will never purchase a General Motors vehicle again. Purchased this Buick 2013 LaCrosse Touring used with 25K miles. Has been in the shop 13 times since I purchased. GM will not replace or buy back the auto. All I have gotten from them is LIP Service. The car is a nice car, but the longevity of service is the pits. If you have ANY opportunity to purchase something other than a GM Car, you had better do it.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Why would a company install heated seats and not have a heated steering wheel. In winter, in Canada, a heated steering wheel would be preferable to heated seats. I would like to hear an explanation of why the arrangement is preferable.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I went from a Toyota to a Buick because I wanted to buy American. BIG MISTAKE. This Enclave Premium is going into the shop for the 2nd time in 800 miles The Toyota never went in for anything in 60000 miles

Original review: March 31, 2017

I purchased a Buick LaCrosse Flex Fuel vehicle and have been having issues with my fuel system since using E85 gas. I was told that I could use regular gas or E85 because it's Flex Fuel. I had my fuel pump replaced, had to have my fuel drained, lines cleaned and because of the E85 gas I used I'm still having issues. The dealership advised me not to use E85 again. GM has a bulletin out since Jan. 30, 2017 saying E85 is damaging these vehicles but REFUSED to help me when I filed a complaint. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM GM. They will not back up their product ESPECIALLY since this is a mistake on their part! I will be contacting legal help concerning this matter.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Buick commercials joke about the lines' new and sleek look but the appearance is no joke. My car is a showstopper and I love seeing it parked outside stores. It offers a wide variety of models, offering a good fit for any family looking for a bigger car or retirees looking for classy elegance. It has plenty of space for my bulky car seats and wider passengers! Good trunk space too. Car seat and groceries fit, a big win in this mom's book! Various upgrade and personalization options include sunroof and leather. You name it and you can get it in your new Buick. The extra touches show how Buick goes the extra mile for customers.

Original review: March 30, 2017

There are several different vehicle types and it made considering other options beneficial. I had never looked into crossovers before, and after looking at the model first hand, I was able to weigh the benefits. There were also many many upgrade and personalization options to choose from. I was able to customize the vehicle to my specific needs, and not have ones that were not ideal. The cars are sleek, modern, and stylish. They're also very ideal and comfortable. The designs weren't inconsiderate to my daily needs and uses. Having a child and expanding my family, the vehicles offered plenty of space for everyone to feel comfortable while we travel together.

Buick Company Information