3.6/5 (1694 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Buick

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Buick Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Let me start by saying that up until now I have enjoyed my Enclave, and was looking forward to buying a newer model but after today I will never buy a Buick again. I got in my car Christmas Eve to go to work and found my headlight pointing down only casting light 10 feet in front of the vehicle. I called the dealership and made an appointment only to find out the entire headlight assembly needs to be replaced at a cost of $1753.00 that’s right almost 2 thousand dollars for one headlight, so I called corporate saying in so many words, "Sorry you're on your own."

You would think that a part as expensive as a new transmission might have the warranty cover such a ridiculously expensive part as long as the drivetrain. Alas no. So of course not knowing if the other one is going to go in six months I would not in good conscience ever recommend buying this vehicle due to the cost of just maintaining it’s drivability. Save your money buy the Acura with more power and reliability just for your own peace of mind when a headlight on the vehicle can put you in the poor house.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

In the 3 years I have owned my Encore I have not had one problem. Great size, easy to handle, stable on the highway and easy to park. It is also practical because you can lower the back seats to carry large items. The back door allows for easy access to the cargo area.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My Buick Lucerne is a great car. Large enough, sturdy, much better on gas than I anticipated, and a very comfortable ride. It's actually a 2006 that had decent mileage and a great price when I bought it. It had been years since I had driven a Buick and now I remember why I always liked them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This automobile is not only beautiful, it's spacious, comfortable, quiet and a joy to ride in. We've taken it on many road trips with great music and plenty of room to stretch out and store whatever we need to travel with. On family excursions we pop up the third row seats and off we go!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We bought this vehicle in January 2016. 13 months after purchase the engine jumped time and the whole engine needed to be replaced to the tune of almost $10,000. Repairs are expensive on this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

The Buick Envision is a joy to drive. It fits the bill for the car being not to small but not too big. It's peppy and very maneuverable. Styling is great, comfortable inside and great interior finishes. Pricing is right in-line with this type of vehicle. Long trips are a joy when driving this car on the highway. It's a great vehicle for young and old alike. You will not go wrong if you are lucky enough to purchase this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

After driving a Mustang convertible for several years, it was time to change to a car better fitted for the winters in the Pacific Northwest. The Encore AWD was the perfect fit for me and made my family feel better about my safety. I love it all year round. Also very stylish for a small SUV. Also love the color.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I love this car! It's safe, a clean/solid ride with low maintenance. Takes a synthetic oil and doesn't need to be changed but every 7500 miles. It's a little slow picking up speed, but it's pretty good on gas. Nice starter car or one for the pre-retirement stage of one's life.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I never thought I would drive a Buick but after getting behind the wheel, the rest is history! It floats when you drive, is super roomy, repairs have pretty much been maintenance and I can't believe how easily it maneuvers this vehicle cam turn on a dime! Over after driving and owning numerous different vehicles from Nissan, Toyota, and Dodge I have to say this one is my all time favorite.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I love the Enclave! It’s classy and spacious. I am not a huge fan of the navigation I find it outdated and dinosaur like. But overall I love it. The three row seating is ideal. The sun roof is perfect and has a screen. Heating and cooling could not be any better especially the seats.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I my a 2015 Buick Enclave. Even though dealerships have asked me to trade in for new model, she is such a beauty. I'm gonna keep her as long as I can. She sits nicely in the road, which is to say that she owns her space. Her interior from interior night lighting to leather seats are wonderful. She is a big girl so it does take her a few seconds to hitch up her skirt for quick move, but when she does you know that she is gone. My husband gave her to me as a Valentines gift. What a WONDERFUL Valentines day present she has been. I go in the garage sometimes just to look at her and possible think of somewhere to take her. LOL

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My 2016 Buick Lacrosse has been a pleasure to own. The vehicle performs very well on the highway with a smooth and very quiet ride due to the quiettune technology with reasonable gas mileage. Performs well for city driving also with premium suspension which helps to smooth ride on bumpy roads. Handling is also very good and gives you a good safe driving experience. Interior is very nice with excellent large info and entertainment screen. Highly recommended.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The vehicle when it is supposedly fully equipped, has the control lever to recline the front seats in a most inconvenient place and difficult to reach. You cannot put a set of golf clubs in the rear compartment unless you put down one of the rear seats. Noise level is very high inside the vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This car was the first model produced in this series. That said, it has quite a few problems. It consumes quite a bit of oil, as I am finding myself adding a quart of oil at least every two weeks, on average. Before realizing this, I had to replace the timing chains after the first 75000 miles, which is unfortunate.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The Regal is a great car. It is good on gas 22 mpg and has great acceleration for a 2 cyl car. It has plenty of room for the front seats. The ride is very comfortable, has a large trunk area, good vision all around.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Buick Enclave is a joy to drive and great for long distances in respect to comfort and safety. It is powered well but that fact does give it a thirst for fuel. I would recommend this make and model to follow-up drivers.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Ot is an oldie but goodie Buick Century 2001 classic. It has 80000 miles & is still running smoothly. It has a cd player & runs like silk. I own it & don't have to make a car payment but do have to take it to the shop for little repairs, oil change & coolant etc.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Been fighting Buick for 4 months to get them to reimburse me for known fuel system issues just because I didn’t take to Buick dealer (I don’t trust the Buick dealership in the town where the car wouldn’t start). Ridiculous how bad the communication has been! Family has been loyal Buick family for over 60 years but we will never own another Buick and we will discourage any family members or friends from ever purchasing a Buick!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Update 11/21/2019:

I did reach out again to GM and again they denied any help. I firmly believe that if word gets out , they did mine, that there will be others banging on their doors with legal representation

I was very professional and nice ,I stated ,and not even a percentage ,their response ,we are not changing our decision. What's upsetting is that this is a known issue.

Original review:

I ordered a 2011 Buick LaCrosse CXL AWD, it is a loaded vehicle, almost every option, it has and always will be garaged, maintained by buick, it is always clean and washed, waxed, and maintained, looks like brand new. In and out, in early June of 2019, I noticed paint coming off my vehicle in flakes, I luckily have a close friend who has a auto body shop near me, he saw it and was totally surprised to see paint flaking off the vehicle on the left side rear roof area and on the right side rear defroster glass body channel area, the rear glass had to be removed for repaint, headlines dropped, and repaired as necessary, it's like new, since the auto body shop my friend owns is very professional.

I reached out to General Motors with pictures and a estimate, they denied any repairs due its age, and not even a percentage, buick offered and gave me $100.00 as a service voucher. The vehicle has received many compliments on how it looks and drives, this is my vehicle, my last vehicle, and I maintain it like new. The repairs actually came to $2400.00

Funny thing is that it is white, and GM had a problem then on white and silver cars due to the paint flaking off due to improper application of primer, and Mary T Barra had buick executive office reach out to me, which they never did, I reached out to her, and she appeared to read a pre scripted letter on paint, little does she know, I have been around cars for a long time, from Chevrolet, Ford and I recently retired from a BMW dealership after 19.5 years and she is telling me how it is, the problem is, general motors offered nothing, not even a percentage on something that they knew and know was a problem.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had just bought a 2019 Buick Encore 7 months ago. Last week I was in a head on collision that saved myself along with the other four passages in my car. I selected this car for several reason, but one main reason was because of its safety. At the time of the head on collision all 8 or 9 airbags deployed immediately which saved all of our life’s along with wearing our seatbelts. My Buick was so beautiful inside and out and if I ever have the chance to buy me another one I will. We all were so blessed to be alive after the hard impact from the other car. Looking at my car after the accident one would wonder if the driver or passenger survived. We all had some bruising, cuts, and some loss of hearing out of my right ear, but my beautiful 2019 Buick Encore saved our life’s that day. It’s because of my Buick we are all living today. I wanted to thank the Buick people for my life.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Buick corporation and GM Corporation you guys have the nerve to send my a survey asking my opinion of the service from my dealership. Well let's see. You guys have had my car almost as much as I have considering my car has been to the dealership 13 times and you all still can't seem to fix it. Hire people who know what they are doing.

Buick corporation you guys are the biggest ** of all. I've contacted you all twice concerning this car and you all have basically told me keep working with the dealership even after explaining your certified dealership can't seem to fix the issue. So I will say this. People stay away. This cars are junk. They will sell you a certified lemon. It will say certified car which is suppose to mean as good as any new car. It should really have stated certified lemon garbage rolling nightmare, POS that no one will ever fix because they don't know the issue. Do not contact Buick Corp because you will be wasting your time as they true just want you to keep bringing your car in replace parts that shouldn't need replacing and by time it's all said and done you could have purchased a new car because by time you truly find the problem you will have spent more money fixing the rolling POS that they certified.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Broke down while traveling. First dealer replaced a warranty battery which I had to pay for because the dealer I bought it from did not provide the proper info according to service manager. Was told it was ok. Drove 200 miles had same problem. Drove to closest Buick dealer, paid for another diagnostic. Was told it was ok. Drove 40 miles, same problem. Drove back to same dealer was told what the problem was. Same as the first diagnostic from OnStar. Had to order part. Finally repaired and drove home. Had to deal with Delco direct to get a partial refund for the battery.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought my 2017 Buick Cascada new and had no problems until June 29, 2019. Since then nothing but problems. Four attempts to repair at one dealership between June 30 and the middle of July. The dealership claimed they fixed/replaced crank shaft and can shaft three times and the issues were unrelated. Returned car to me leaking oil. Second dealership has had car since first week of August with turbo part 30 to 60 days out. GMC representative informed me that’s a parts issue not theirs and since they plan to repair it they are upholding their end of the deal. I thought the deal was a quality car?!?? Apparently the deal is provide bare minimum and expect consumer to be happy. I expected more from Buick. Should have stuck with Nissan. Less flash but a lot more reliable!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I purchased this brand new 2019 TourX and drove it home in March of 2019. Within a month I notice the paint job was not holding up. I don’t live on a dirt road, but saw many stone chips. The dealership ended up repainting the hood. I’m really concerned about the topcoat on this vehicle. My paint is actually stained from a maple trees droppings. This was in a small but high traffic road where street parking is the parking of choice. I have never had anything like this happen. I’ll be going back to the dealership to see what their explanation might be on this. Has anyone else dealt with this paint job disappointment? Thanks.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I purchased a 2015 Encore in 2016. I took it in for regular service at the dealer from which I purchased the car. Didn't have any problems with it until this year. We were taking a cross country trip to Albuquerque. On 6/23, we were about an hour out of Albuquerque when there was suddenly a loud noise coming from the engine. I immediately took it off cruise control and the noise stopped. I reengaged cruise control and the noise started again. So I disengaged cruise and every time I tried to accelerate, that noise started again. I took the car to the dealer the next day, and was told that the turbocharger was gone. Then the bad news got worse. They told me there were no spare turbochargers in the country. They put it on national backorder and couldn't tell me when one would be available.

After nearly a week, the dealer told me that they had made arrangements for a one-way rental which I would have to turn in when I got back home. They also told me that I could then rent another car until mine got fixed, and then they would ship it to me here in Maryland. They also told me I could submit the rental car bill to GM and MAYBE they would pay it. I decided to buy a new car instead, primarily because I had no idea how long I would be driving a rental car and there was no guarantee that GM would pay the bill. Now my brand new 2019 Encore is in the shop with a broken charge air plate. No idea how long it will take to get the part. Meanwhile I'm in another rental. What happened to quality control??

Original review: June 15, 2019

Gets stuck in first gear. In the shop over 30 days. GM cannot fix it. Car a lemon from day one. District Manager doesn’t get back to you. Very poor customer service. The interlink system shut off all the time. GM cannot fix that as well. Need to give me my money back. Also dealers keeps damaging the car when they try to repair the car. GM need to take the car back. Case open Since February. All I can say is this is ridiculous. Don’t buy GM.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I've had nothing but problems with my 2015 Buick Encore. Radio crackles, paint is flaking, seats are impossible to get clean, and now the turbo charger needs replaced. I will never buy another Buick again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Regal TourX in August of 2018. On December 8th while parked the car was hit from behind. My hatch was damaged. That week the dealership requested parts. We received a call from the dealership stating that A new hatch was not available and there was no known date for delivery of the part. They asked if I wanted to have them bump out the dents and do a body and paint repair. I said no, it was a brand new car. I wanted the new part. I didn’t want to deal with corrosion down the road.

The first of January the dealership called and suggested we escalate our problem to Buick Customer Service. We did. It took 2 weeks to speak to someone at customer service. She stated she would called me back within 3 business days. She didn’t. After 5 days I started calling her. I could not reach her. I left several messages over the next week and finally heard from a ‘Senior Care representative. She took the details again and said she would call me back in two days. She did not. After 3 I started calling her and leaving messages. I finally spoke with her after a few days and told her that I wanted to talk with someone higher up the chain than her. She said I could not speak with that person directly but she could. She said she would speak to him and then follow up with me within two business days. She did not.

I called her and left messages. I finally spoke to her yesterday and she had this follow up information for me: the Manager she spoke with said I had been offered a repair at the dealership that was adequate and I chose not to take it. Because of that and the fact that this is not a warranty issue it’s not a high priority for Buick and they would not release a part from production for the repair. The part is on backorder indefinitely. We’ve owned 7 Buicks in the course of our marriage as well as 5 Pontiacs and a few Chevys. We build vehicles for the emergency rescue vehicle market. I can not imagine delivering a message like that to any customer. Buick, I am so disappointed in you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My 2015 Buick Encore's engine blew at 40,000 miles on Christmas eve. It is all under warranty. They're replacing the engine and that took a few weeks for the Buick dealer to get because there were problems getting the correct engine from GM. Then, when they installed it, it had a wrong part. The dealer had been trying to get that part from GM for weeks but no idea when they will get it. The dealer asked me to help by calling Buick Customer Service to escalate the problem of getting parts to the dealer.

I have left messages every other day for over a week now and twice requesting a Supervisor but I still haven't received a response from Buick. My car has been at the dealer a month and a half now, I have no car, no loaner, and still no response from Buick customer care. I recommend choosing a car made by a different company because what good is a warranty when they can't get parts to fix your car and nobody cares enough to return a phone call. Not a good company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Replaced my very problematic 2014 Honda CR-V. Customer service at Buick was great purchasing this wonderful underrated vehicle. Love the styling, mpg, fit and finish is beautiful. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Buick Company Information