2. Automotive

Autotrader.com

Autotrader.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Autotrader.com Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2020

Auto Trader is a good local bible, when looking for either a new car, or used car or caravan, boat etc, and also has a good selection of accessory, from servicing, tyre offers and or a selection of insurers from whom to obtain quotes. Particularly good online, simply decide what make, model you are looking for and the price range which fits you, and you can be sure of a selection on offer in the vicinity you wish to include. Personally, when looking for any of the commodities listed above, it would be my first cholce of browsing, in that it saves trawling local newspaper ads. Autotrader has everything listed, for the motorist.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Out of all the online websites I find an Auto trader has been the most reliable, offers a greater selection, and serves as a buffer between me and someone who might be possibly trying to run a scam or sell a car that doesn't match up to the description. I think that sellers. List of prices what it should be for the automobile price of the automobiles because they know that people who deal in AutoTrader have seen prices before and know what is fair and what is unreasonable.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Always fun to see their papers at various locations while traveling. Countrywide or local you never know when you may desire a new ride. I had an accident traveling from Fla to NY & would have been stranded in Ga had I not noticed an Autotrader at an IHOP! I was able to check out a few vehicles & was fortunate to wrangle a pickup truck to complete my journey & instead of wasting $$$ on a rental. I ended up with a sweet ride as a second vehicle! So thanks guys!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

The best criticism I can offer is that it would be great if we could more easily filter dealers vs private sellers. But overall, I have been to this website many times over the years and always found it helpful for comparing vehicle prices and conditions, even if not using it to actually purchase, to gain knowledge on what is normal, what is a good deal, what should raise red flags, that sort of thing.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I love Autotrader! (I imagine I might feel otherwise as a seller). The last car I bought—in 2018–, I was watching out for it for years, but then saw Honda was no longer making it in the color I wanted. So I began to look for the last car made in that color, which would have been a 2017 left-over. But the price for the car used, was barely $2,000 less than buying new! So it made sense to buy the new one. I found the car, thanks to Autotrader. There were only 4 left in California, one in Ohio, maybe one in Texas, and one in Staten Island, 1 hour away from me. I bought the one in Staten Island. As a buyer, I thoroughly recommend Autotrader!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader?

Original review: June 25, 2020

Our family has relied on AutoTrader for decades now. The selection, price range and reliability are consistently up to date and accurate. AutoTrader does not rely on a bunch of marketing gimmicks, pricing hooks or fancy word play- they don't have to! By providing a well rounded, concise format for every level of shopper, we are assured a positive experience each and every time.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I love it. It made it easy to look inside the cars to really give you an overall view of what you were buying. Before you actually want to look at it you can tell if their prices were high or low or in a neighborhood up what they should be. I think it makes car shopping very easy, very simple.

Original review: June 24, 2020

As a female I found it easy to use. I can contact the dealer from the site. Lots of vehicles to choose from. I would recommend it to anyone. I found what I was looking for quite easily. I like the fact that I can find both used and new cars on this site.

Original review: June 23, 2020

It is easy to navigate around the site and easy to find what you need. I have looked at a few other websites of other car places and they are not always the easiest to find what you want. Some of my friends have used other sites but were not as pleased as I am.

Original review: June 22, 2020

It is ok but never find what I was looking for. I like looking at all the different vehicles, some being way overpriced. I have seen this listing for many years now and they have gotten better over the years.

Autotrader author review by Tom Rains

Autotrader has millions of vehicles to choose from. The Car Research and Review section of the site helps car buyers calculate how much they can afford to spend on a car. The site is also full of helpful educational resources to inform users on every aspect of buying and selling a car, including finding the right insurance, tips for getting a car sold and comparison photos. In addition to buying vehicles, you can also sell or trade in your car on the site.

• Dozens of search filters: The Autotrader search is second to none. Dozens of filters let users be as picky as they like.

• Apps for iOS and Android: The two Autotrader apps get great reviews from users. Create a personal account and access your saved searches and vehicles from any other mobile device or computer.

• Financing through LendingTree: Autotrader works with LendingTree, an online loan broker, to help you find the best financing for your car purchase.

• Car insurance by Geico: Autotrader has partnered with Geico to help you look for car insurance that protects you from the moment you drive off the lot.

• Bulk of cars sold through professional dealers: It can sometimes be tricky to buy a car from a private dealer. Most of Autotrader’s listings are through professional dealers, which lets you find reviews online and work with a reputable seller.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Autotrader.com Company Information