2. Automotive

Autotrader.com

Autotrader.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Autotrader.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader?

Original review: June 15, 2020

Auto Trader is a good local bible, when looking for either a new car, or used car or caravan, boat etc, and also has a good selection of accessory, from servicing, tyre offers and or a selection of insurers from whom to obtain quotes. Particularly good online, simply decide what make, model you are looking for and the price range which fits you, and you can be sure of a selection on offer in the vicinity you wish to include. Personally, when looking for any of the commodities listed above, it would be my first cholce of browsing, in that it saves trawling local newspaper ads. Autotrader has everything listed, for the motorist.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Out of all the online websites I find an Auto trader has been the most reliable, offers a greater selection, and serves as a buffer between me and someone who might be possibly trying to run a scam or sell a car that doesn't match up to the description. I think that sellers. List of prices what it should be for the automobile price of the automobiles because they know that people who deal in AutoTrader have seen prices before and know what is fair and what is unreasonable.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Always fun to see their papers at various locations while traveling. Countrywide or local you never know when you may desire a new ride. I had an accident traveling from Fla to NY & would have been stranded in Ga had I not noticed an Autotrader at an IHOP! I was able to check out a few vehicles & was fortunate to wrangle a pickup truck to complete my journey & instead of wasting $$$ on a rental. I ended up with a sweet ride as a second vehicle! So thanks guys!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

The best criticism I can offer is that it would be great if we could more easily filter dealers vs private sellers. But overall, I have been to this website many times over the years and always found it helpful for comparing vehicle prices and conditions, even if not using it to actually purchase, to gain knowledge on what is normal, what is a good deal, what should raise red flags, that sort of thing.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This is second time car shopping internet experience...Carmax was the first one utilized and felt we were getting ripped off! Went elsewhere with extremely higher prices for trade in! Auto trader is more personable with much more options on paying and delivery! Actually was able to investigate person selling car for financial peace of mind! Won’t disappoint! Many of our race car owning friends have utilized Auto trader as well...so came highly recommended!

Original review: April 30, 2021

The car was listed briefly a couple of days but had to remove it as I ultimately never won the car auction (back in January). Upon contacting support, they refused to issue a refund, or even change the car advert to the vehicle I actually own. In essence, I made a card payment of £50, and they provided absolutely nothing, just keeping the money! They couldn't care less about customer service during lockdown either, completely opportunistic behaviour. Laughable and atrocious policy - I'm simply shocked a company of this size would seek to retain money in such a deceitful and dirty manner. Have filed a complaint with the Ombudsman.

Original review: April 12, 2021

From start to finish a great place to buy vehicle. Customer service is super. They do everything they can to get you in the perfect vehicle. They answer all your questions to the end result. After your purchase they make sure it is to your 100% satisfaction. Purchase your next vehicle here.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Autotrader is where you can see 100s of vehicle fast and easy. Screening tools help you see only what your looking for or you can make it more expansive. The virtual tours give you that test drive feeling. I have bought and sold several cars, motorcycles and boats over the years and it has always been a pleasant experience.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Closing my account. Autotrader is fake heartless people and racist because my name not what fits in your business and you can't bear that people like us do well. They only care for themself. Look down at people like us because of our name.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

A lot of the trucks we looked at were at low-end, used dealerships or they did not have the vehicle listed when we called or drove over. We ended up buying a truck from a local dealership. We ran into bait and switch ads often using this site.

Autotrader author review by Emma Simon

Autotrader has millions of vehicles to choose from. The Car Research and Review section of the site helps car buyers calculate how much they can afford to spend on a car. The site is also full of helpful educational resources to inform users on every aspect of buying and selling a car, including finding the right insurance, tips for getting a car sold and comparison photos. In addition to buying vehicles, you can also sell or trade in your car on the site.

• Dozens of search filters: The Autotrader search is second to none. Dozens of filters let users be as picky as they like.

• Apps for iOS and Android: The two Autotrader apps get great reviews from users. Create a personal account and access your saved searches and vehicles from any other mobile device or computer.

• Financing through LendingTree: Autotrader works with LendingTree, an online loan broker, to help you find the best financing for your car purchase.

• Car insurance by Geico: Autotrader has partnered with Geico to help you look for car insurance that protects you from the moment you drive off the lot.

• Bulk of cars sold through professional dealers: It can sometimes be tricky to buy a car from a private dealer. Most of Autotrader’s listings are through professional dealers, which lets you find reviews online and work with a reputable seller.

by Emma Simon ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Emma Simon is dedicated to creating accurate and valuable content that helps consumers make difficult decisions.

Autotrader.com Company Information