2. Automotive

Autotrader.com

Autotrader.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Autotrader.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader?

Original review: June 15, 2020

Auto Trader is a good local bible, when looking for either a new car, or used car or caravan, boat etc, and also has a good selection of accessory, from servicing, tyre offers and or a selection of insurers from whom to obtain quotes. Particularly good online, simply decide what make, model you are looking for and the price range which fits you, and you can be sure of a selection on offer in the vicinity you wish to include. Personally, when looking for any of the commodities listed above, it would be my first cholce of browsing, in that it saves trawling local newspaper ads. Autotrader has everything listed, for the motorist.

Original review: June 14, 2020

Out of all the online websites I find an Auto trader has been the most reliable, offers a greater selection, and serves as a buffer between me and someone who might be possibly trying to run a scam or sell a car that doesn't match up to the description. I think that sellers. List of prices what it should be for the automobile price of the automobiles because they know that people who deal in AutoTrader have seen prices before and know what is fair and what is unreasonable.

Get buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Always fun to see their papers at various locations while traveling. Countrywide or local you never know when you may desire a new ride. I had an accident traveling from Fla to NY & would have been stranded in Ga had I not noticed an Autotrader at an IHOP! I was able to check out a few vehicles & was fortunate to wrangle a pickup truck to complete my journey & instead of wasting $$$ on a rental. I ended up with a sweet ride as a second vehicle! So thanks guys!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

The best criticism I can offer is that it would be great if we could more easily filter dealers vs private sellers. But overall, I have been to this website many times over the years and always found it helpful for comparing vehicle prices and conditions, even if not using it to actually purchase, to gain knowledge on what is normal, what is a good deal, what should raise red flags, that sort of thing.

Original review: May 28, 2020

This is second time car shopping internet experience...Carmax was the first one utilized and felt we were getting ripped off! Went elsewhere with extremely higher prices for trade in! Auto trader is more personable with much more options on paying and delivery! Actually was able to investigate person selling car for financial peace of mind! Won’t disappoint! Many of our race car owning friends have utilized Auto trader as well...so came highly recommended!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

A lot of the trucks we looked at were at low-end, used dealerships or they did not have the vehicle listed when we called or drove over. We ended up buying a truck from a local dealership. We ran into bait and switch ads often using this site.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

This is the worst site to sell a vehicle. 1. We can’t respond to sellers. We can’t edit the ad. 2. The pictures we posted are gone and now it takes you to two car dealerships. 4. We can’t delete the ad. 5. Had a tech guy work on this and he couldn’t do it. 6. Customer service is only a request to send an email. 7. Finally called the Quebec number. They said, “We have no customer service in Alberta!!” Truer words were never said.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I've used Autotrader to buy and sell many cars over the years. There are plenty of options to list your vehicle, including pictures, highlighted ads, etc. When searching for a vehicle to purchase, you can be very specific with many search options. They include mileage, production years, colors, engine size, drive train (awd, fwd, etc), trim levels that help weed out those vehicles without option packages that you want.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

It's been a good experience to use the Autotrader websites. In terms of reliability I rate it a 8 out of 10. It is quite quick and understandable to use it even accommodate those who do not understand the internet well. I recommend this website as must use web if you need any latest cars and you are wondering where to find it...You don't need to stress. Autotrader got you now.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The car I was looking for was not the sites priority, the site kept trying to push vehicles I was not interested in. I would search for my selected vehicle, then other options for vehicles I had no interest in would keep popping up. Also had to many pop ups from other sources.

Autotrader author review by Tom Rains

Autotrader has millions of vehicles to choose from. The Car Research and Review section of the site helps car buyers calculate how much they can afford to spend on a car. The site is also full of helpful educational resources to inform users on every aspect of buying and selling a car, including finding the right insurance, tips for getting a car sold and comparison photos. In addition to buying vehicles, you can also sell or trade in your car on the site.

• Dozens of search filters: The Autotrader search is second to none. Dozens of filters let users be as picky as they like.

• Apps for iOS and Android: The two Autotrader apps get great reviews from users. Create a personal account and access your saved searches and vehicles from any other mobile device or computer.

• Financing through LendingTree: Autotrader works with LendingTree, an online loan broker, to help you find the best financing for your car purchase.

• Car insurance by Geico: Autotrader has partnered with Geico to help you look for car insurance that protects you from the moment you drive off the lot.

• Bulk of cars sold through professional dealers: It can sometimes be tricky to buy a car from a private dealer. Most of Autotrader’s listings are through professional dealers, which lets you find reviews online and work with a reputable seller.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Autotrader.com Company Information