Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Autotrader.com
3.60/5

Autotrader.com

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Autotrader.com Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

Don't give them any money. All I received were scammers sending me emails acting like they are interested but eventually they try to get you to sign up for a VIN check that they get a portion of the cost or they want to buy it sight unseen and send a money order. When I called to ask for a refund they said it was past the 48 hour timeframe for a refund. How would you know if it's crap in 48 hours? I will go back to using a more expensive company that actually gives you real leads...

Original review: April 25, 2019

Used Autotrader website for the 2nd time; both times I was able to locate an exact car that we were looking for, AND not get a lot of other cars that we were not interested in. We now have two cars we both love, and the website was the difference. I tried two other websites; CarGurus and cars.com and they both were inferior to the Autotrader site, as far as exact requirements listed were concerned.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 3, 2019

I made the mistake of not reading the reviews before spending $70 to post a private seller ad with Autotrader.com. :( The only hits I received were 2 spam emails the night I posted the ad. Terrible site and waste of money.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I purchased a truck that was listed on Autotrader. I bought a 2003 Dodge Dakota from Ultimate Motor Cars. Do not Buy from these guys. They are liars and scam artist. Got cheated out of 1600 dollars because they lie on the shape of the truck. The fender wells are rust out you can put your fist through the holes. Beware of this company.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Spotlight Ad I paid extra for was only 2 weeks and I never saw it on the site. Slow to upload pictures, slow to let me know when ad was posted. Ad was buried in dealership ads from all over the country. I did not get any legitimate offers. Very user unfriendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Autotrader?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

10+ years ago, I used to sell all my used vehicles on Autotrader with great success. Unfortunately, this is now a failing business who doesn’t pay for their pay-per-click marketing and fails to verify their international scammers. After paying $240 to post two ads I have received 12-15 emails from nothing but scammers who can barely formulate coherent sentences. I set the price lower than KBB's recommendation and have lowered the price four times over six weeks. STILL NOT A SINGLE LEGITIMATE BUYER!!! Please don’t waste your money supporting this failing business!!! It is a waste of money and significant time dealing with scammers!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I really wish I would have looked at this webpage & reviews before dropping $100 on Autotrader. I got nothing but scammers from the ad I placed there. In 2-months I did not get a single legitimate inquiry from this ad. Oh, & their reporting tools are worthless. It reported zero hard inquiries for both email & phone number pulls but I got both. All came from Southern California or Canada Area codes and I live in Louisiana. I reported all the scammers and got the standard reply. I also reported the software problem on the reporting tools and got a reply that amounted to "Sorry, we're working on it". Very sad situation. You're better off placing an ad on FB. I sold it from there after only 2-weeks.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I received 2 request for information on my BMW and they were both scams. Don't waste your money! They were very good about trying to gain your trust but wouldn't answer questions when asked. They kept saying they wanted to send me money.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was stupid and didn't read reviews before paying for an Autotrader ad. Since placing the ad, 100% of the "interested" parties were scammers and phishers. What an ** annoyance! Super glad I spent $39 to be hassled. Thanks Autotrader.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I strongly recommend reading through all of the negative comments posted here by others, many of them mirror my experience almost verbatim. By the way, Autotrader has known for years about all the overseas scam "buyers" who flood your inbox but they have done nothing about it. I listed a relatively new vehicle in great shape way below its blue book value for just over two months and these were literally the only kinds of "buyers" I heard from. "Nice product you've got there, fellas."

Also, if you are looking to sell your vehicle outright, i.e. not trade it in to purchase/lease from a dealer, don't waste your time with the Kelley Blue Book "instant cash offer". You get a bunch of emails from local dealer "partners" who say they need inventory and want to buy your vehicle, but the minute you tell them you won't be purchasing a new one from them, you never hear from them again. The offer is very misleading, and supports some of the comments by others that AT sold out to the dealerships long ago. Autotrader, you are a very dishonest organization.

Autotrader.com Company Information