Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
    • Transferable plans
    • Four plans

Cons

• Sparse info on website
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

America Auto Care offers four vehicle service contracts. Although pricing is not readily available on its website, America Auto Care’s customer service team can provide more information.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

America Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: May 27, 2019

We're running out of warranty so I wanted an extended warranty and the guy from America Auto Care gave me a good price. Also, the reps answered all my questions.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 26, 2019

I was looking to purchase an extended warranty on my vehicle. I heard about America Auto Care through a third party and they had several different warranties. I called them yesterday and the day before. The first representative I spoke to yesterday was very rude. She felt the need to argue with me. I told her I was not going to argue and I wanted her to let me speak with her supervisor. She put me on hold on then she comes back saying her supervisor Lana wanted her to just take my statement as to why my car is in the shop - I had to take my car in for a repair and the AC went out. But the dealer already spoke to America Auto Care. I never spoke with the supervisor and I am yet to receive a call from her. But the rep found it necessary to go back and forth. I hung up.

Their reps won't patch you through to an adjuster or the one that reviews your claim. They only take messages. I left a message on Wednesday and another one yesterday. They couldn't tell me how long it would be before an adjuster could get back to me. I was just told that he was working on other claims and he'd do them in the order in which they came in. I told the rep my vehicle has been at the shop since Monday and we haven't heard anything. He asked if I gave them my statement. I was like, "What statement? I took it to the dealer, the dealer called you all while I was there, and the adjuster said they would call me instead of speaking to me right then while I was at the dealership, and he hasn't called me."

I didn't like that experience. It seemed like a runaround to me. There is nothing in their book that states I have to provide a statement that says the dealer can contact them. I'm not happy with my experience so far. And now they're saying that before they can repair my AC, the dealer has to call me and get authorization to take my vehicle down until total failure so someone can come out and look at the part. Meanwhile, I don't have my vehicle. It's been sitting at the dealer since Monday and I don't know what they're gonna do - if they are gonna approve the claim or disapprove the claim.

Original review: May 23, 2019

America Auto Care's warranty went to where it would end up 280 something thousand miles by the time it would expire. I thought that was pretty good, so I went with them. I also talked three other companies and they were all the same on coverage. So far, I'm a little disappointed on their customer service because I haven't heard anything from them and I didn't have a contact information. So what I had to do was I took my bank statement and called the company that takes the money out every month. Then they gave me this customer service number and they emailed me what they originally said they'd do to begin with, and they may have. It may just got lost or went to the wrong email address. But I had to call them to get them to send me my contract information.

Supposedly, the warranty covers everything except for normal maintenance stuff. The car's making a racket on the right side of the car now, so I'm gonna take it to the shop for the next couple weeks and we'll see if there's anything. I'll be curious to see if the warranty was a waste of money or not and when I file a claim, I'd like to see if they're gonna take care of me or if it's gonna be a hassle.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was specifically looking for an auto coverage plan that would take care of the maintenance and anything else that might go wrong. I looked at about three auto coverage companies and America Auto Care explained exactly what they covered and exactly what the price would be. They didn’t kind of fool around with it. They were straightforward and they have a long history. The reps were very polite and very professional too. They were more reassuring and comforting. I’d dealt with another company and I had some much problems with them that I dropped them. I'm hoping that America Auto Care will show me that they’ll care of all this when I need to get it. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I had a regular warranty up to 36,000 miles so I needed to get something extended. I looked at about five companies and everybody pretty much offered the same thing. America Auto Care contacted me first. The policy they had was a supplement to the warranty that I got from the dealership Nissan. Everything they offered sounded good to me. The rep was spot on with everything single question I had. There was no delay and he knew exactly what he was talking about.

Original review: May 14, 2019

The deal with America Auto Care seemed okay. The warranties are all basically the same. None of them are perfect but America Auto Care's was acceptable. So I went with them. Plus it was either that or I would have had to trade my car in and buy a new one because my warranty was running out. They were also professional and they didn’t make me jump through hoops.

Original review: May 13, 2019

America Auto was kinda expensive and I found one that was a little cheaper than them but I just needed an auto protection warranty. The America Auto rep was good and sold the warranty to me. He said I only have a $100-deductible and he said I'd get the rental car if anything happens to the car. I really liked that.

Original review: May 11, 2019

So far, I'm very happy with everything. I had read some reviews and I decided to take a chance. I required that someone call me and someone did. And the deal with America Auto Care was done properly. I did it over the phone and the guy was very good in explaining every single thing. I was excited signing up. It was awesome. I’m just confused about the charging, if they would send me a book to pay or if it's on autopay. But otherwise, my experience was good. The van is also running real well. It is still only a year old. It's kinda new, with 50,000 miles. The coverage is kinda bumper-to-bumper, but no tires, and it is is just for precaution. I just wanna make sure everything is running okay.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty and investigated a few auto coverage companies. I found America Auto Care online and when they popped up, I put in my information and they called and gave me a quote. They were very helpful about it. Also, they had better mileage and better customer service. They made sure I understood everything. I had the 100,000 miles for five years. I got the powertrain enhanced and the rep said it covers everything that needs to be covered. I was gonna be paying at the dealership almost the same amount and they were gonna warranty my motor and my transmission for 2,700. And when I got them, it was an extra $200 or $300 and I got three free oil changes with it and flush. They were really awesome about taking care of me.

Original review: May 4, 2019

My warranty expired and before, I've only had the one you normally got the car from at factories. So this one with America Auto Care is amazing. I got a full coverage from front to back, bumper-to-bumper. It's a product that I can stand by and their customer service was amazing. The personnel that I spoke with was straightforward and to the point. He answered all my questions and there was nothing hidden. It was upfront with everything and that’s what I appreciate. He listened as well. I told him what I wanted and he responded back. Then we went on and made a deal. They're cool.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty and checked out four companies. With repairs being so expensive, having the warranty would be very valuable. America Auto Care had more coverage for about same the price or less. My interactions with their rep were good. Plus, their professionalism and knowledge were very good. I like the package that I got, but I haven't received my hard copy or email confirmation that tells me exactly what my coverage is. I'd tell anyone how asks about America Auto Care that they seem like a great company and the coverage is good, but it could be a scam too.

Original review: April 29, 2019

Three times, never paid for services from my dealer, bought a new car and canceled product, never received my refund. Can't get them to answer phone. Scam, fraud. The worst company ever dealt with. Run, don't buy from them.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I started looking for an auto coverage company when the company that I had charged me three times more on renewal. A guy from Omega called me and their full coverage was exactly what I wanted. He was nice and thorough, and he gave me everything I asked for. I said the price was too much, so he gave me a discount.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I recently had a incident where I thought that America Auto Care would cover it but come to find out, they didn’t. So, I ended up having to pay out of pocket for it myself. What’s the point of me having a warranty if I’m just paying America Auto Care for no reason? But they have great customer service. The problem that I had was the wiring in the truck went bad. Chevrolet tried to charge me $320 to do that and America Auto Care told me not to go there. They helped me find another way to save money versus paying Chevrolet that amount of money plus the diagnostic fee. So I went to a mom-and-pop shop and got it fixed for $100. I’m still with America Auto Care and I’m giving them benefit of the doubt. I feel that if something major was to happen, they’ll have my back. They are nice people and they're worth giving a shot.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I googled aftermarket warranty for vehicles and looked at five companies. I was looking for coverage and price in the auto coverage plan and I liked the way the rep from America Auto Care explained their warranty inclusion. I also read all the reviews and most of the reviews for them were good as far as the customer not being hassled when trying to get stuff fixed because everything is pretty much covered. The salesman who sold the product to me was good and any time that I call customer service, the reps are great. I’ve told a few guys that America Auto Care is better if they’re looking at the price and all the reviews of this company are good.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I wanted extra coverage in case something goes wrong with the engine. The America Auto Care agent that I spoke to was very well-thought out. She offered me a lot of extra things to come on-board and she explained it very well.

Original review: April 21, 2019

What I was specifically looking for in an auto coverage plan was not having to spend money right away. America Auto Care's ad was the first one that I saw online and they looked very good and had good deals, so I went with them in getting another warranty on my car. The representatives always call to notify me and they always help me out.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I needed an auto coverage plan so I would have a warranty if my car broke. I didn’t wanna be in a position where I wouldn’t be able to get the proper care that I needed for my vehicle. I got a follow-up call from America Auto Care and that was how I got a chance to know about the company. I investigated four warranty providers, then I went with America Auto Care since they gave a little bit more when it came to offers. The reps were very helpful with the information that they gave in the conversations that I had with them. They were detailed about what they had to offer, so that was pretty good. They were consistent and able to answer any questions that I had. I’m covered for 75,000 miles for anything that goes wrong with the fuel transmission, gas pump, engine, and a couple of other things. Roadside assistance is also provided.

When I filed a claim two days ago, it was horrible. I needed roadside assistance because I had a flat tire. I was not waiting for a tow and only hoping that a truck could come that would provide air that I could put in my tires, so it was nothing major. When I first signed up, I got a welcome book with a card on it inside and the ID number was there. America Auto Care also has two separate numbers on the card. One is for the customer service and one is for the roadside assistance. But when I called the number for roadside assistance, they were unable to get to my account because I didn't have the number that they were looking for. They were looking for another type of number, so what I had on the card was not enough.

I called customer service and asked for the number and they gave me the number. Then I called roadside assistance back and they tried to look up my account again, but it didn't work. I had to call customer service back and they gave me another number. But when I called roadside assistance again, they still couldn't find my account. Customer service said that they were gonna email roadside assistance and get everything under control. Finally, someone called yesterday and said that they would send a truck out. I tried to call them back and tell them not to send one, but no one ever came anyway. I need to have my car taken in for repair now, so I’m going to make a claim and I’m gonna see if they can get this done. I really hope that they can get everything situated because I’m getting deducted once a month. If I can’t get any service in, I need to sign up with another company that can better assist me.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Look. I am the only one working in my house and I am sick with lots of medical bills. I told them that I had to think about buying the warranty, but like others they said if I hung up now I would not be able to call back to and buy this warranty. I felt pushed. Now after I give them my information and card number I was assured by them if I wanted to cancel I could. After checking my financial status I called back to cancel and away we go. One rep after other kept talking to me, saying they were helping me but all I wanted was to cancel.

They kept giving me lower monthly prices. No one wanted to help me cancel. So I said I am going to my bank the next day and talk to someone about stopping payments. See no matter how low they quote the monthly payments, I can’t afford it. Now after reading this one lady experience I am going to call them again before going to the bank and demand my paperwork for cancellation, because I still have a few days before my thirty 30 days is up. Thank you Joya.

Original review: April 19, 2019

It hasn't been long that I've had the America Auto Care warranty. It has been about four months and it's in effect now. I had some problem before but it wasn’t time for my policy to take effect then. But as long as it does what I’ve been told, it’s gonna be great. They’ve also always been real pleasant, helpful and nice any time that I’ve had any reason to speak to them.

Original review: April 18, 2019

The need to have an auto coverage plan is very important. But I was sick and I didn’t realize that my wife wasn’t taking care of the warranty for our vehicle. I had been getting some flyers from warranty companies. I had used another warranty company years ago and there was no problem with them. Then I ended up talking to the gentleman rep from America Auto Care and I liked what he was saying and the way that he was presenting to us, so I went with them. I’m happy and I had no problem with the warranty package that I signed up for with them. Likewise, I had no problem in dealing with their representative.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Knowing how much electronics are in the cars today, I wanted to be sure that we had coverage on the electronics should something happen to our car at a later date. America Auto Care's representatives were more reasonable to work with on the phone, so we went with them. We got auto coverage for four years and up to 100,000 mileage.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I'm satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care. Their rep was very pushy when she called me, but the price seemed reasonable and she told me all the great benefits.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I found America Auto care online and got full coverage through them. Their reps were friendly and professional.

Original review: April 10, 2019

The sales rep told me if I hung up without a purchase that I could not call back later and buy a warranty through them. I felt rushed into buying on the spot so I asked a ton of questions and she repeatedly told me that certain things were covered and I could just call and cancel within 30 days and get a refund if I decided not to do it later. I was very specific in my questioning. When I got the paperwork a week later there were limits all over the place on things she assured me I would have fully covered. I was agitated so I called to cancel. Then the nightmare started. They said my refund would take 3 days and I would be contacted by someone who would help get it done.

Days passed and all I got were calls from other reps trying to resell me the contract. I became proactive and began calling daily, trying to get my refund. Always getting a response saying that someone would contact me that day. Then I got lucky and one rep mentioned paperwork... Ummm the first sales rep said just call and NO one had ever mentioned cancelation paperwork before. Turns out they had a form they needed to be filled out and never bothered mentioning it to me, stringing me along towards the end of my 30 day cancelation period. They have repeatedly been vague and unhelpful (aside from that one rep) and aside from the first call have felt like a scam the entire time!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I wanted my car covered because it’s an older car and so that I wouldn’t have big expenses coming out of my pocket if something happens. I liked what America Auto Care was offering me. I got the top coverage from them and it was a fantastic experience with their reps. They were knowledgeable about what the company was offering and also seeing if it was gonna meet my needs.

Original review: March 29, 2019

America Auto Care's coverage is in my newer car. I was concerned about my other car getting up there in age, and I was hoping to cover some of the stuff that’s gonna cost phenomenally. I love the rep. He was very personable. He helped me out with explaining the whole process of what I'm gonna get, my deductible and all that good stuff. He was upfront. It was good service. I have full coverage - every rotating part, every electrical part, all of it. I haven't tried it out 100% since I haven't filed a claim, but I have the business card to call the company. The mechanics call the hotline so they can take the $100 deductible.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I got five years of coverage with America Auto Care after I paid for 18 months. The rep initially called and mentioned that they had tried to reach out to me through U.S. mail, but I never got anything from them. I was kinda hesitant to even go through it. The offer was only available at that time and then if I said no, it would go away. I was feeling pressured. They could have sent out whatever they said they did again and then reaching out again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was looking for everything to be covered in my car and the process of signing up with America Auto Care was fine. The representatives that I spoke to provided good service. They did their job and they were very helpful.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan in case something would go wrong and I realized I needed the kind of coverage that America Auto Care had. Their rep was a really professional guy. He gave me his number and told me that he was gonna be the guy to count on if I would have any problems. Hopefully, if I do make a claim, they will expediently cover and help me get my vehicle back on the road. I would recommend America Auto Care. But, I'm getting a lot of phone calls from likely-scam numbers about coverage from other people. I wasn’t getting those calls before I got them.

America Auto Care Company Information