4.01/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

America Auto Care is your assistant when it comes to driving safely. We are a company dedicated to providing our customers the best coverage at affordable prices. We believe that no one should feel unprotected because of high coverage prices. No matter what your auto protection needs are, our team of experts are ready to lead you and help you every step of the way. Contact us today to learn more about our services and protection plans.

America Auto Care Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 20, 2019

I listened to how much America Auto Care was. I also talked to more people and found America Auto Care's was the best one. The rep I talked to was good. He explained the stuff and broke it down. I would recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've had an excellent experience with America Auto Care. Their reps were very courteous and the lady that I spoke to when I signed up was very nice and understandable. I was looking for something that would cover my Mazda truck in case something happens, and it looks like the contract that I got with America Auto Care was very reasonable.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I wanted to make sure that my car was covered and that it has whole coverage except for the maintenance that I need to do. America Auto Care called me and I had one other company that I inquired with. America Auto Care was cheaper and more consistent so I decided on them. The rep was wonderful. America Auto Care seems to be a great coverage.

Original review: June 9, 2019

With my previous experiences, I never dealt directly with the company. I always dealt just with the dealer or who was doing my vehicle and they handled everything. On this last effort to get a compressor changed on my wife's car, all of a sudden now, she's directly involved with the insurance company and the dealer. Nobody was talking to each other and she's in the middle and that's not what I'm paying for.

I thought our coverage, where the repair shop would deal directly with America Auto Care. From dealings in the past, I know the company always try to get at least the expensive part if possible but it didn't work out this way. My wife went without a car for a week and a half while the part was shipped. And then, it got lost so she lost more days. One week later, that part blew out. Back to Volkswagen again. The day we went to pick the car up, they hit us with another $100 deductible so we paid $100 deductible twice for the same part. My wife's got some family problems going on and we should've been able to loan a car but that didn't happen either.

America Auto Care response

Thank you for your feedback and bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that you had a least desirable experience. America Auto Care, does not handle the claims process, that would be your admin. We will reach out to your admin on your behalf and see what we can do to help with that extra deductible.

UPDATE: thank you for taking the time to speak with us today and for clearing up that this was an issue with your wife's car that has a policy through Carshield. This was not in response to your policy on your Ford with us.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty to cover whatever I needed to have fixed with the car if it got messed up. I looked at three different companies and America Auto Care's price made me choose them. They were thorough about what they were explaining about.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: June 5, 2019

We just bought our car not too long ago and purchasing the exclusionary add-on MC from America Auto Care for it was an okay experience. Somebody called me on the phone and she was really helpful.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought an extended warranty the "powertrain enhanced MC". I had just paid for extensive repairs when I got the sales pitch that all my repairs "would have been covered had I had their insurance". My A/C, Brakes, Drive Axles... the list goes on. Needless to say, when I call to get a repair paid, all I get is that it's not covered. If you had this problem, it would be covered, but not your problem. Several times I tried to use the insurance, to no avail. I recently asked for a refund if I could not get my repairs covered. I have been promised for almost a week that they will work to get me better coverage. Yesterday I was promised my new policy and insurance card would be emailed to me by 6pm today. Clearly I would not be writing this review if they had kept their promise. Next time I will have a mechanic look over the policy before I sign so I don't get scammed again.

America Auto Care response

We appreciate your feedback. Every customer goes through quality assurance and as stated...during the 30 day/1000 mile waiting period, customers are encouraged to review the coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions and to call with any questions. It is very uncustomary for the admin to approve an added level of coverage, after the 30 day review period. However, we were able to get this done for you. Our apologies if you felt it was delayed. We are not the final decision makers, but worked hard on your behalf. Once we did get in touch with you the next morning (we were awaiting final approval), you declined the resolution offer. We have cancelled your policy per your request and based on the terms of your policies cancellation procedure, your pro-rated refund will be issued once we receive your letter of cancellation, with your current odometer reading. You are free to mail, fax or email this letter. Once we receive this information, your refund will be issued with a receipt of the policies refund terms and calculation. If you have any questions upon receipt, please give us a call. Thank you!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was talking to a guy who called me for insurance on my car and he was asking me about my car. I have a Cadillac. I told him what I had and he said I'd wanna get this right. I only have a driveshaft and engine warranty with it. I had nothing to cover my computer system. I needed that so I contacted America Auto Care to get full coverage on my car so that if something happens, I can get it fixed. The rep was cool because he taught me some things I didn't know. But with the warranty, I have to wait 1,000 miles or a month. But hopefully, nothing happens to my car.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The representative was very knowledgeable. However, when he sold me America Auto Care, I didn't quite understand. He said I had a $1,000 deductible and I had the right to cancel with them at any time within 60 days, which I did, less than 30 days. It was also kind of a high pressure thing. I've got a van that's three years old in July and the warranty's up, and I was looking for something at the time and just decided not to do it. I would have to check my credit card to see if they have taken another payment out because it's been a month.

America Auto Care response

I just wanted to confirm that your account has been cancelled and all future payments were stopped. We received your LOC from your admin and your refund is being processed. This will be returned via company check. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. And on a side note, your deductible was $100 for any repair. This may have been confused with the 30day/1000 mile waiting period.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have a vehicle and it’s gonna be out of warranty. My truck runs out at 36,000. I had about 28,000 or 30,000 miles on it, so I was looking for something to extend that to at least 100,000 miles and a bumper-to-bumper coverage because we all know how expensive it can be if a computer or a sensor goes out. I looked into getting an extended warranty and I kept seeing the ads for CarShield. But I hit CarShield and I got a couple of reviews that didn’t sound overly great. Then, I got directed by the computer to these other companies and I ended up dealing with America Auto Care up in Jacksonville. I talked with their guy and he seemed very knowledgeable. He did some figures, fudged around, and called me back. He said they could get up to 107 which was good. I also mentioned my son getting rid of the truck who's in the Navy and they gave me a discount, which attracted me to it. It took off about $400 to $600.

However, there were quite a few things on the agreement, although it was bumper to bumper, that I didn’t think should be excluded. Plus, the fact that I was not really going to need the pick-up truck anymore and I was gonna trade the vehicle, I thought that I was just gonna go ahead and cancel this. Even if I’d have kept it a month or two, I can get the remaining unused value and it was 30 days before it went into effect anyway. I called and said I wanted to cancel. They said they were fine and they sent me this form I had to print out, so I did it perfectly and went through the process and sent it in. I thought that would be the end of it. I sent the form in and called them and told them I sent the form in.

Then we got billed again. I didn’t get a refund on the 107 that I paid and then it was 120 bucks a month. It was taken out of the credit card. That kinda pissed me off. My wife called and they said they didn’t receive anything. So, I don’t know if they received it or if they're doing a little funny business. They said they would cancel and it would take 48 hours. They would call me on Tuesday to verify.

America Auto Care Company Information