Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About America Auto Care

America Auto Care provides vehicle service contracts, also known as extended auto warranties. It offers four types of contracts ranging from basic to exclusionary coverage. Some of its policies are transferable, which helps if you decide to sell your vehicle before its coverage expires. These policies may even raise resale values.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
    • Transferable plans
    • Four plans

Cons

• Sparse info on website
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

America Auto Care offers four vehicle service contracts. Although pricing is not readily available on its website, America Auto Care’s customer service team can provide more information.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

America Auto Care Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about America Auto Care?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

My experience with America Auto Care has been pretty good so far. After looking at three other companies, I liked that America Auto Care was giving me exactly what I wanted for warranty and they were much cheaper. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage, anything to do with the engine, the crankshaft and front axles. Their reps were good about explaining things, and pretty clear too.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased this policy back in April of 2018. During the summer of 2018 I took my car to a reputable air conditioning shop to have the air conditioner looked at and, at that time they said it was the cabin air evaporator sensor that was bad and the repairs would be $750 to remove the dash and replace the sensor in the dash. The dealership called America Auto Care and they said the part was not covered even though I have the AC coverage therefore it cost me $750 to make the repair myself also, in this agreement I purchase the powertrain enhanced mechanics coverage which allowed me to have three oil changes and a battery replaced free and brakes replaced up to a certain amount in the first year. I sent in receipts for three oil changes to be refunded to me and it has now been several months and I have not heard anything back from them.

I contacted their customer service department and they said they never received anything and now that it's more than a year since I purchased this policy the free repairs are no longer covered,, go figure,, but yet I got proof that I faxed a copy to them. Yes they have a wonderful group of people that work there and will talk to you great on the phone but when it comes to using their service I have of yet been refunded any of the money I have put out, therefore, I my be making a decision of going through a different company, and I only gave them 1 star because of these problems with them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The reps of America Auto Care did fine. I liked their price and how they would extend my miles and years. I got bumper-to-bumper coverage from them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I had America Auto Care when I first got my car and they told me that they work with Chevrolet. So, if I ever had any problems, I can use them because they work with Chevrolet. So, I just went on ahead and signed with them. I liked what they offered and it was the best. I had a really good sales representative as well. He told me if I ever needed anything, that I could call him and be able to use the number he gave me to call him. So far, right now, I’m satisfied with my experience with America Auto Care.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

In case my car's transmission and engine go bad, I want to make sure those are covered. American Auto Care's reps were professionals and I got motor, transmission and electrical coverage from them. Other people should go for their warranty.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

America Auto Care was gonna extend my factory warranty for an exorbitant amount of money. Their sales reps were very pushy. I was rushed into making decisions. I was hounded and was very dissatisfied. They were supposed to extend my warranty out to like 150,000 miles from the original coverage, which gives me like 25,000 miles. My vehicle’s only got 70,000 on it.

Things weren’t really explained to me all that great. They kept calling my vehicle a 2017 Impala. They were supposed to correct it four or five different times in the computer, but it never got corrected. Every time I got called, it was a telemarketer I finally got fed up with because I'm a truck driver and at the most inconvenient times I would get three to five telemarketer calls or robocalls a day. I haven't received the policy in the mail explaining anything, and I needed a rundown because supposedly, I've got two extended warranties and I don't know if they're from the same company or if they're two different companies. I need to know so I can plan for stuff. And I need to have it in writing what is covered and what's not covered.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I was online looking for extended auto coverage and I was looking for the best rates. And America Auto Care gave me the best coverage in terms of mileage, what was included, bumper-to-bumper, and the payment plan. The thing is I did not get the welcome packet with the card and the information. I haven't had to use it yet, but the point is if I have to use it, I don't have the information that goes with it because that was supposed to be mailed, and I never got it. But other than that, they were very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan to have something to cover my car if something goes wrong with it. There were about 50 different companies that called me. But I obtained the maximum auto coverage with America Auto Care. It gives you a four-year coverage, and it covers everything. The reps at America Auto Care were friendly.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Customer service was terrible, every time I called I was put on hold then after 5 mins the automated system would say a representative would be calling me back. After 3 times they finally call back.. One other time I had questions concerning some repair. I was told that had to talk to someone else and they would call me back. Never did. Good luck on getting them on the phone.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was looking for a decent auto coverage and I went online and looked America Auto Care up. I got full coverage from them. It's $100 deductible and covers everything on the car. The representative at America Auto Care was professional, funny, polite, and very helpful. I've already recommended America Auto Care.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I wanted to have my truck covered. I looked at three auto coverage companies but I went with America Auto Care. It was a complete coverage, and I got a bumper-to-bumper coverage. I talked to somebody there and it was a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I was searching for a warranty and America Auto Care was one of the ones that responded. I was looking for something to cover the car for any major repairs in case anything happens to it. I've just purchased it. I looked at about four companies before selecting America Auto Care. I liked that their salesman was good. They were all about the same but their salesman talked better. He was informative, professional and courteous.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I just got America Auto Care. I used the oil change but I haven't filed a claim yet. America Auto Care wasn't the first one that called me. I got an influx of whole bunch of other calls. And then, I had one company and I was on the first 30 days with them, and then the guy from America Auto Care said they could help me. Also, America Auto Care was cheaper and they had more stuff. So I called and I cancelled the other company out and I stayed with America Auto Care. I hope I don't regret it now. I signed up online and the process was all right. The cost is kinda high, but it's only for 18 months. I figured they kinda condensed everything down to 18 months. Still, I wish it was cheaper. Right now, I'll recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I needed something to cover my truck. It's still new, but I drive a lot of miles. It's a 2015 and it already had 130,000 miles on it, so I needed something just in case something happened. I had went with CarShield, and then I had lost my job, so I had to cancel with them. And then, the company that I lost my job with decided they shouldn't let me go, so they hired me back, so I had to find another warranty provider. And America Auto Care called me and I talked to the guy and signed up. I got the Platinum coverage.

I had good interaction with the sales rep from America Auto Care. I had talked to several people before, and with this guy, it was different. All the people I've talked to before were pushy. I don't respond well to being pushed. But he talked differently, and his demeanor was completely different from what I dealt with in the past. Most of the time, I just hang up. But with this guy, for some reason, I didn't hang up with him. I kept listening to what he had to say. I would recommend America Auto Care to friends. So far, my experience has been great.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I was looking for full coverage and I looked at five auto coverage companies. America Auto Care's down payment was reasonable and they would cover the car from front to back for four years. I applied over the phone, and I had great interactions with their rep. My experience was fine.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Someone told me about America Auto Care and the experience with them was great. I've had them for about 2 months and I pay 200 something per month for my policy. They could be more detailed about the coverage. It’s a lot to process. They could keep it plain and simple. They said something about the power train but I need some details about what it would cover. I wasn’t too familiar about all the coverage that I would be able to get.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I listened to how much America Auto Care was. I also talked to more people and found America Auto Care's was the best one. The rep I talked to was good. He explained the stuff and broke it down. I would recommend America Auto Care.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've had an excellent experience with America Auto Care. Their reps were very courteous and the lady that I spoke to when I signed up was very nice and understandable. I was looking for something that would cover my Mazda truck in case something happens, and it looks like the contract that I got with America Auto Care was very reasonable.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I wanted to make sure that my car was covered and that it has whole coverage except for the maintenance that I need to do. America Auto Care called me and I had one other company that I inquired with. America Auto Care was cheaper and more consistent so I decided on them. The rep was wonderful. America Auto Care seems to be a great coverage.

Original review: June 9, 2019

With my previous experiences, I never dealt directly with the company. I always dealt just with the dealer or who was doing my vehicle and they handled everything. On this last effort to get a compressor changed on my wife's car, all of a sudden now, she's directly involved with the insurance company and the dealer. Nobody was talking to each other and she's in the middle and that's not what I'm paying for.

I thought our coverage, where the repair shop would deal directly with America Auto Care. From dealings in the past, I know the company always try to get at least the expensive part if possible but it didn't work out this way. My wife went without a car for a week and a half while the part was shipped. And then, it got lost so she lost more days. One week later, that part blew out. Back to Volkswagen again. The day we went to pick the car up, they hit us with another $100 deductible so we paid $100 deductible twice for the same part. My wife's got some family problems going on and we should've been able to loan a car but that didn't happen either.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I was looking for an extended warranty to cover whatever I needed to have fixed with the car if it got messed up. I looked at three different companies and America Auto Care's price made me choose them. They were thorough about what they were explaining about.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We just bought our car not too long ago and purchasing the exclusionary add-on MC from America Auto Care for it was an okay experience. Somebody called me on the phone and she was really helpful.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I bought an extended warranty the "powertrain enhanced MC". I had just paid for extensive repairs when I got the sales pitch that all my repairs "would have been covered had I had their insurance". My A/C, Brakes, Drive Axles... the list goes on. Needless to say, when I call to get a repair paid, all I get is that it's not covered. If you had this problem, it would be covered, but not your problem. Several times I tried to use the insurance, to no avail. I recently asked for a refund if I could not get my repairs covered. I have been promised for almost a week that they will work to get me better coverage. Yesterday I was promised my new policy and insurance card would be emailed to me by 6pm today. Clearly I would not be writing this review if they had kept their promise. Next time I will have a mechanic look over the policy before I sign so I don't get scammed again.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I was talking to a guy who called me for insurance on my car and he was asking me about my car. I have a Cadillac. I told him what I had and he said I'd wanna get this right. I only have a driveshaft and engine warranty with it. I had nothing to cover my computer system. I needed that so I contacted America Auto Care to get full coverage on my car so that if something happens, I can get it fixed. The rep was cool because he taught me some things I didn't know. But with the warranty, I have to wait 1,000 miles or a month. But hopefully, nothing happens to my car.

Original review: June 2, 2019

The representative was very knowledgeable. However, when he sold me America Auto Care, I didn't quite understand. He said I had a $1,000 deductible and I had the right to cancel with them at any time within 60 days, which I did, less than 30 days. It was also kind of a high pressure thing. I've got a van that's three years old in July and the warranty's up, and I was looking for something at the time and just decided not to do it. I would have to check my credit card to see if they have taken another payment out because it's been a month.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have a vehicle and it’s gonna be out of warranty. My truck runs out at 36,000. I had about 28,000 or 30,000 miles on it, so I was looking for something to extend that to at least 100,000 miles and a bumper-to-bumper coverage because we all know how expensive it can be if a computer or a sensor goes out. I looked into getting an extended warranty and I kept seeing the ads for CarShield. But I hit CarShield and I got a couple of reviews that didn’t sound overly great. Then, I got directed by the computer to these other companies and I ended up dealing with America Auto Care up in Jacksonville. I talked with their guy and he seemed very knowledgeable. He did some figures, fudged around, and called me back. He said they could get up to 107 which was good. I also mentioned my son getting rid of the truck who's in the Navy and they gave me a discount, which attracted me to it. It took off about $400 to $600.

However, there were quite a few things on the agreement, although it was bumper to bumper, that I didn’t think should be excluded. Plus, the fact that I was not really going to need the pick-up truck anymore and I was gonna trade the vehicle, I thought that I was just gonna go ahead and cancel this. Even if I’d have kept it a month or two, I can get the remaining unused value and it was 30 days before it went into effect anyway. I called and said I wanted to cancel. They said they were fine and they sent me this form I had to print out, so I did it perfectly and went through the process and sent it in. I thought that would be the end of it. I sent the form in and called them and told them I sent the form in.

Then we got billed again. I didn’t get a refund on the 107 that I paid and then it was 120 bucks a month. It was taken out of the credit card. That kinda pissed me off. My wife called and they said they didn’t receive anything. So, I don’t know if they received it or if they're doing a little funny business. They said they would cancel and it would take 48 hours. They would call me on Tuesday to verify.

Original review: May 31, 2019

My car manufacturer warranty just went out. I was wanting to cover bumper-to-bumper with the exception of the normal wear and tear. I looked into two companies and America Auto Care assured me that I'd get the coverage that I wanted at a reasonable price so I bought the bumper-to-bumper and everything involved with it like electrical and pumps. The representative was very good, knowledgeable and worked with me and got what I wanted. I hope I never have to use it but we’ll see what happens if I have to.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I'm the second owner of my Hyundai car which is supposed to have ten years or 100,000 miles factory warranty. I didn’t know that the rest of the warranty is not transferred over to me so instead of me having ten years and this is only in 2013, I only had about a year and a half on it. I was pissed when I found out because I had a thing needed to be replaced.

I needed an extended warranty because these things are too expensive to pay for out of pocket. The car is turbocharged so I wanted something that was gonna cover my engine if something went wrong and everything that the normal factory would cover. I did a Google search and ended up calling and getting quotes from about three different people and after looking at their numbers, America Auto Care was pretty much the cheapest at the time. The warranty covers the suspension to the ball joints except for the brakes which is normal wear and tear. They also told me that if I would have paid this whole thing off in three years instead of for the whole five years continuous, I won't have to pay anything for a remaining couple of years on it.

When I called about the situation with my coil pack going out, the guy was very pleasant and took his time with me. I appreciated that. He looked the information up from my phone number and other stuff that I gave him and didn’t give me any issues. He told me exactly what to do and he was more than helpful. Since I didn’t have my card with me, I pulled my information up online with my number. I showed the young lady at the desk my number from America Auto Care and they took care of everything on their own. Everybody has been pleasant and has taken the time to explain everything when I call in. They didn’t give anybody a hassle when I dropped the car off the next day and had to give them the information.

The only thing I didn’t understand was that they couldn’t replace all of the coil packs and just cover it instead of me having to go back and pay a $100 deductible every time the next two go. Hyundai warranty replaces all of that at one time although they wouldn’t cover it. Other than that, everything else is lovely and excellent experience. I don’t wanna have something go wrong but when it does, I know it’s not gonna be a hassle to get it fixed.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I was looking for an auto coverage plan so that if anything comes up, I’m covered. I’m on fixed income and I can’t afford to lose my car to repairs. I got full coverage from America Auto Care. Their reps were sweethearts! They were wonderful, very knowledgeable and very courteous. They recommended something for me. Being a senior and on fixed income, they helped me out a lot on that. I’ve recommended America Auto Care to a lot of people.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My car was out of its warranty and it's an older car. I purchased an extended warranty from America Auto Care, and my experience seemed to go very well. They were pleasant.

America Auto Care Company Information