Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.45/5

Quick and easy

Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner

AA Auto Protection is a car warranty broker that works with a variety of plan administrators to find the right coverage for you. It has 24 different vehicle service contracts that include powertrain, stated component and bumper-to-bumper coverage options, along with a 30-day, money-back guarantee. Its quote process is simple, and AA Auto Protection promises not to sell your information to third parties. The company’s prices are average, but it has a price-match guarantee if you’re looking for a deal.

Quick and easy

Get matched with an Auto Warranty partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AA Auto Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: July 10, 2019

Dear Consumer, think long and hard before signing up with this company. Make sure that you read all of the reviews. I purchase a policy 1 year and 3 months ago, in June 2019 I cancel because I upgraded my car. Called the company to see if one they received my cancellation notice and if there any type of refund. The rep was rude, stated that I only held the policy for 6 months and that they did not have a send a letter responding to my inquiry. I told him I would write a review about my experience and he stated that he would report me to the police. Since I work with the consumer and know the rules I told him to do that. Based on other reviews of this company, One needs to think long and hard before using them. I will not call on them again.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I purchased an extended warranty from them and after seven days decided to cancel. It has been a nightmare since. I continue to receive past due notices from both AA and Mepco (their billing firm) even after emailing numerous times that I cancelled and asked for a refund of my initial payment. All I get is passing the buck. Fortunately I noticed my bank not to accept any requests for payment since I was on auto pay. Beware of the sales people, they will promise you anything to sign you up and then you are on your own. Next step for me is legal action and filing a complaint with consumer affairs.

Original review: April 8, 2019

After 5 months of asking for documentation of my warranty purchase it was never sent. I stopped making my payments and still have not received my refund. Shawn at ext ** will not call me back or return my emails. My advice to any new customer get all necessary paperwork prior to paying. I was told I would receive a credit card and warranty info. I’m still waiting. Don’t fall for their B.S. Buy directly from a dealer. Dial ‭(888) 222-4445‬ ext **, talk to Shawn directly and ask him for my refund.

Original review: March 8, 2019

So I bought a policy from this company on Feb the 6th 2019. After a month and more than a 1000 miles of driving as the policy states. I took it to Lexus dealer to check on the fan of the AC it stopped working - by the way I asked Katie (sales person for AA Auto Protection) about the engine, transmission and AC - and she confirmed that the policy that I bought after that conversation are all included - now when I took the car to the dealer they refused to fix the AC, and when I called Katie she said, "Oh I do not know why your claim was denied, you should email your case administrator," wait what?!!! So when you want to sell us your service you call us 20 times per hour and when we file a claim you cannot contact the agent you can only email him??!! So basically it is a scam. They will not fix your car. DO NOT BUY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Transmission failure 2010 Malibu 6t45. The most disappointing thing about the extended warranty from AA Auto Protection is they are putting in a used transmission from LKQ with a 90 day warranty. The total job is costing 3800. Why waste money on a used transmission, mileage unknown instead of a remanufactured transmission from a reputable rebuilder with a better warranty.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

These people could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in a white dress. Had one claim with them and the dealership had to document that there were no aftermarket parts because the vehicle was too new. Then AA warranty tried to get the dealership to get parts from the junkyard to fix the problem. This was an electric door window switch for the passenger front window. The dealership told them they would only put in OEM Parts. After 5 days for something that had a 1 hour labor time, as warranty finally caved in and paid for the OEM part.

3 months later I traded in a for new vehicle. Sent all paperwork in for my partial refund of the policy. They said it would take 4 to 8 weeks. They said they received the refund paperwork they required November 1st. That I should have the refund by the first week in January. Mid- January I called again. They said my refund is $1244.66 and should have it any day. January 29... Calling again on January 30th with Attorney.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I started my contract 12/3/2018. Katie was the lady I spoke with. She spoke so highly of the company in which in return sold me. She then asked me how many miles was on the vehicle. I told her I was not sure as I was currently driving another vehicle and I do have 3 cars so not sure of the mileage. Katie stated to just guess the mileage. I stated to her, "I don't know maybe 4800 or 4900."

Well, later found out she put 5100. I go to get vehicle fixed, and was informed can't be fixed due to mileage discrepancy. I was so confused. After contacting the warranty company, I was informed the contract said 5100, and the dealership is showing 5180. I informed them what they had was not accurate. I informed them what I told Katie. I even reached out to Katie and she stated she was going to fix it and send me the updated warranty. Never happened and did not hear from her until several days later. She then acted dumbfounded and stated she can pull the recorded conversation. I was like okay.

My vehicle has been in the shop over 2 weeks due to the mileage. I was told to provide documents showing the mileage on it. I did that. Provided everything I was told to provide. Then they came back and said they needed something totally different from what was originally stated. They needed a work order close to date starting contract. Ummm my vehicle didn't need to go to the shop so no I had nothing to show. But what they needed always changed. Then they stated they can cancel my contract due to this. I said, "Why, it is your fault not mine." So I asked them to cancel.

Every time I call now I am being transferred to different people, if the phone do not all of a sudden disconnect on their end. I informed them I have had warranty companies in the past, and by far they are the worse. I eventually went and got my vehicle. Still haven't heard back from them about cancelling. This is so sad to treat your customers this way. So embarrassing. And they also said if my mileage was right still it might not be covered. Never...

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My mechanic put in a claim and before an inspection was done on my car the inspector that he talked with stated the claim would be denied. AND IT WAS. I've spoken with Lana an supervisor in Royal Administration whom apologized for the statement by Anthony the adjuster but I asked why would he make such a statement before inspection was done on my car. End result my claim was denied. Unbelievable?? I should have researched this company first.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

This company has been awful. After paying them for a year, we needed a new transmission. However they will only put a junkyard transmission into our vehicle. They said their only requirement is make sure it runs again to get us back on the road. In contract they are suppose to cover up to 10,000 dollars, but are now saying they will only cover 2200. And that the administrator gets to make those decisions. I wish we would have never given this company a dime. They tell you what you want to hear to get your money but when the time comes that you need it, they do not cover what they are supposed to.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

July 17 2017 I started coverage for my recently purchased car (used). I was denied coverage on 3 separate incidents regarding repairs. Aug 2018 ~ I called about cancelling my contract and spoke with Deanna. The documents requested was mailed in 2 days later. It must be stated how impossible it is to contact the individuals responsible for the refund process. Oct 30th ~ I spoke with a sales rep named David that stated my refund wasn't processed correctly. Same day I spoke with Deanna who stated I should get a notice within 5-10 business days. Nov 19th ~ still nothing, I left a voicemail for Mr. **. Nov 26th ~ (still no return call from **) I spoke with Deanna who stated she doesn't have any update on my process or an estimate of an amount and to email the manager **. Email sent.

As of today (Dec 6th 2018), no email or call back from Mr. ** and I cannot get in contact with Deanna as usual. Sales rep Kyle has no answers and forwards me to a voicemail. I call back and speak to a second sales rep, Manny, still no answers and claims there is no one else I can speak to. Customer service emailed. I deposited $1000.00 at the start of my coverage trusting this company with my vehicle and was denied 3 times. I was enrolled in autopay and ever had an issue with payments in the year I was covered. I haven't and shouldn't have to resort to daily calls, voicemails, or emails to get any information regarding what's going on.

It is unbelievable how bad this business is with handling this process. Then to be told that there is no one above Mr. ** or anyone besides Deanna that I can speak to and I am left to chase two people that will not return calls or emails with me. I find it hard to believe that such bad practices and a team of people handling this situation so unprofessionally does not have a corporate to answer to. To those doing their research, take these reviews seriously and do not conduct business with this company. Read the contract fine print. You are certainly better off saving money for repairs instead. I won't say it's a scam but it feels like one. Signing up with AA Auto Protection was one of those worst decisions I could've ever made.

AA Auto Protection Company Information