Find an Extended Auto Warranties partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About AA Auto Protection

AA Auto Protection is a car warranty broker that works with a variety of plan administrators to find the right coverage for you. It has 24 different vehicle service contracts that include powertrain, stated component and bumper-to-bumper coverage options, along with a 30-day, money-back guarantee. Its quote process is simple, and AA Auto Protection promises not to sell your information to third parties. The company’s prices are average, but it has a price-match guarantee if you’re looking for a deal.

Find Extended Auto Warranties partners near you

Pros

• Simple quote process
    • Multiple plan options
    • Price-match guarantee

Cons

• Confusing contracts

Bottom Line

AA Auto Protection makes it easy to get the extended car warranty that you need at a price you can afford, but make sure you read your contract and understand all the terms before signing.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AA Auto Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AA Auto Protection?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

In our service contract the engine is a covered named part; however, when our 2004 Isuzu Rodeo's engine ate itself - They refused to cover it. A bolt - integral to the engine and interior to the engine broke and destroyed the interior and now the entire engine and some other parts need to be replaced/repaired. We were asked to provide proof of all maintenance and oil changes. Over 70 pages of documentation was submitted. First, Juan said the bolt was an excluded part - but when we reviewed the contract he changed what he said and it is Not a Named Covered Part. The Dealership/Mechanic says the bolt is part of the engine and you don't get an engine without the bolt. We constantly have to play phone tag and have been unable to reach Juan's boss - message left, but no call back!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When the manufacturers warranty on our 2011 Honda Pilot ran out, my husband researched different companies to purchase an extended warranty. This company had a very high rating, offered a product that he liked, so he called and purchased the warranty. The contract would be effective until Feb 2020 or 105,000 miles. This was also to be a transferable warranty. On September 15, we sold our Pilot to a dealership, and the warranty was not transferable to a dealership. I contacted AA on October 4, 2018 and was told what I needed to do to cancel the warranty. On that same day, I mailed the letter and a copy of the odometer reading at the time of sale that was obtained from the dealership.

When I hadn’t heard anything further, I started trying to contact AA. I chose the option that I was an existing customer and repeatedly was left listening to elevator music until the call finally rolled over to voicemail. No calls have been returned. I called AA again today, and instead of choking the option of existing or new customer, I just let their phone message play through. After less than 30 seconds a gentleman answered and asked how he could help. I explained the situation to him and he stated, “Oh, let me transfer you to that department.” I listened to elevator music for 15 more minutes before the music stopped, without anyone ever answered the call. As best I can figure, they owe me approximately $650. Tomorrow I contact the FTC.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Talked to Josh when asking about coverage. Said I could pay $49.00 and easily refunded if I changed my mind about it. I changed my mind within 30 mins and canceled the policy, called many times for my refund, nothing. Finally went to my bank, to fill out papers. They are liars. Don't deal with them. Just stay away. Still waiting for my refund.

Resolution response: Oct. 4, 2018

Received an email with a credit transaction number on 10/1/18 for my Discover refund. This morning my refund posted to my credit card account. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

June 6, 2018 canceled my warranty after being in effect since June 26, 2017. Followed directions exactly for the canceling of this policy including a notary seal. Sent cancellation USPS return receipt requested for my protection. Deanna ** informed me I would receive refund by check. On August 9th and 10th left message at extension ** which is Deanna **. No returns calls. On August 13 reached Deanna ** and was informed my refund is for $502.26. On September 5, 2018 spoke with Deanna ** and now they wanted my banking information for the refund. No, I want my refund credited to my Discover Card you have on file ending in my last four digits which AA Auto Protection has for their prior automatic monthly payments. September 13th, 14th, 17th left message for Deanna ** with no return phone call.

September 18 was able to reach Deanna **. Asked for the person in charge of the refunds which is Jim ** extension **. Left message for him to phone me or refund me my dollars. No return phone call. 9/18/18 emailed Deanna ** regarding my refund. 9/19/18 left message again for Jim **. Spoke to Deanna **. She has no answers but has informed me it has nothing to do with me doing something wrong. 9/20/18 Left message and finally after several attempts reached Deanna **. Jim ** to refund mine and several other people within one day. I was assured that this company does not have a cash flow problem. 9/21/18 Deanna ** Jim ** to push the button and refund monies today. 9/24/18 Left message and I phoned back again for Deanna **. She stated Jim (**) on Friday did the refunds. He told her "done."

I asked her if he batched the refunds. She told me I that I know what I'm speaking about but she doesn't have that information. 9/25/18 Deanna ** is not answering her phone and neither is Jim ** (left message again). I have been told this company has been working on other things and as not had time to refund my money. In addition, I have been told there is no cash flow problems. And I keep getting the runaround. There is something wrong with this company when they cannot uphold their own contract when they expect the consumer to follow their policy.

I am still waiting for my refund as of 9/25/18. My concern is this company continues to write policies and may continue to hold their customers' refunds. I want my refund of $502.26 credited to my Discover Card as agreed to ASAP as their warranty states. "After 30 days if canceled with no claims a refund is issued for the prorated unused portion of the service contract coverage." I had Zero claims.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

They charge me almost 4k for the best protection with them and the first time I tried to use to replace a shifter assembly thru my authorized dealer, they said that it's not covered. Call them a few times. Had a dropped call couple times and they sent me a bunch of things that you have to do to cancel the contract. This is a scam. Be aware!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased extended warranty with this scam company and paid extra for seals and gaskets. Took my car in for work and sent an appraisal adjuster to investigate my claims which were leaking seal. To my surprise they denied my car though I am paying extra for seals. Contacted them and referred to the cancellation department. Sent all the documents they require and to my surprise no refund!!! Sent 4 letters as of 13 Sept 2018 no response or refund!!! How can the BBB give them a high rating? I will do the same as the last person and do whatever I can to lower their rating and have their rating drop to 1 star!!! Next stop news media!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchase a warranty from this company and I am still waiting to have my car repaired. They was going to send an inspector to make sure that the dealer's service department was correct on what needed to be repaired. I asked the company was this going to occur on every work order if something needs to be repaired and they stated yes. This the first warranty company I dealt with that ever wanted to inspect every claim made to repair my car. Beware of this company, once you purchase this warranty it is very difficult to cancel after 30 days.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I wish they zero stars. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM BUSINESS!!! Got the Platinum package. Turbo went on engine, a month in the shop getting the run around they finally come back and use the words wear and tear and claim denied. WTF is a warranty for but wear and tear. I’m going to haunt you, Attorney General, BBB, claims court and posting whenever I can. Stay away please!!! Trust me. Sounds great at first when you sign up, complete ** show after that.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I purchased a auto protection plan from AA Auto Protection. Matt ** was my consultant. I gave a down deposit and the payments were not supposed to come out until a month later. A week later I actually purchased a new vehicle and called Matt and cancelled the protection plan because obviously I now have a brand new vehicle and don't have that other vehicle anymore. Well that month past and they took the money out anyways. And I checked back on my bank account and they never refunded me the down deposit! I have called several times now and NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IS HELPING ME! So now I am contacting my bank to dispute the charges and cancel any more charges from this company!!! And this is not a 24 hour company either, so I hope you never need a tow or help after hours!

Original review: July 19, 2018

AVOID--AVOID--AVOID! I filled out an online questionnaire seeking quote for auto warranty. Requested email quote. Received a few phone calls. Called back and left message on their answer phone to please not call, just email quote. Again another call and message. Called back, call was connected and then I had to wait 5/6 seconds for a man to begin speaking. After providing my name and that I was returning his call he indignantly asked what the call was in reference to?

Annoyed and now hostile, I said, "**, I don't appreciate hanging on for several seconds and said that I had left a message for email contact." He abruptly said he did not appreciate my language. Politely I told him that I wished not to do business with he or his firm, to please remove my name and email address from their records and said goodbye and disconnected the call. With a minute I then received a deluge 14+ until I was able to block the incoming emails from Matthew. Very poor telephone skills. 0/10, with 10 being best, AA Auto registers a ZERO.

AA Auto Protection Company Information