Find the Best Assisted Living in Orlando, FL
Top 8 Orlando Assisted Living Facilities
|Encore at Avalon Park||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and day services. Provides emergency alert systems, daily meals and snacks, and a calendar of activities in its small neighborhood community.
|Gentry Park Orlando||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and short-term respite care. Provides a personalized care plan for every resident. Allows residents to have pets.
|Grand Villa Senior Living Community||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and short-term care in Altamonte Springs and throughout Florida. Provides 24-hour staffing, dining service and a calendar of on-site activities and excursions.
|Inspired Living Ocoee||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care services in Ocoee. Provides alternative therapies and facilities that support those with limited mobility. Includes a dog park, dining service and a swimming pool on-site.
|Madison at Ocoee||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and respite care in Ocoee. Provides 24-hour staffing, medication management, dining service and assistance with daily living activities.
|Somerby Lake Nona||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care and respite care in Orlando. Provides daily dining service, medication management and scheduled transportation. Allows residents to have pets in their apartments.
|Spring Hills Hunters Creek||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care in Orlando. Provides dining services, wellness programs, an emergency call system, 24-hour staffing and pet therapies. Related facilities in Lake Mary and five other states.
|Westminster Towers||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services in Orlando. Provides multiple living options, 24-hour staffing and security, and scheduled transportation services.
What to know about assisted living in Orlando
Moving yourself or a loved one to an assisted living facility takes some research and a lot of trust. The good news is that there are several assisted living communities in the Orlando area to pick between.
Assisted living communities in Orlando are licensed and regulated by the Agency for Health Care Administration’s Long Term Care Services Unit, which ensures that each facility provides the necessary care for each resident. However, when deciding whether to move into an assisted living facility in Orlando, it’s still important to also consider the potential benefits and drawbacks.
Benefits of assisted living in Orlando:
- Florida has no state income tax, meaning Social Security, pensions and other retirement income are not taxed at all in certain cases.
- Older Floridians often enjoy the warm climate and general lack of snow, which makes mobility easier compared to many northern states.
- The city provides a fare-free public transportation option in Downtown Orlando.
- Groceries in Orlando are relatively affordable for a large city. The city has a grocery index of 58.33 out of 100, according to Numbeo at the time of publishing.
- Orlando has a lot of local tourist attractions to enjoy on scheduled excursions from assisted living facilities.
Drawbacks of assisted living in Orlando:
- Summers are usually hot and humid, potentially limiting time spent outdoors.
- Hurricane season runs from June until late November.
- According to NeighborhoodScout, Orlando is safer than only 3% of U.S. cities.
How much does assisted living cost in Orlando?
The average price of assisted living in Orlando ranges from $2,400 to $4,724 per month. There are a few factors that contribute to the cost of assisted living, including:
- The level of care needed
- Room size
- Any pet fees
- If a spouse or companion is moving in too
When looking into different assisted living facilities, ask a representative at each community about what financial assistance programs are available. Some assisted living facilities offer different types of payment plans to accommodate your or your loved one’s budget. Alternatively, many communities are willing to alter their services and amenities to bring costs down.
The government may also be able to help. While Medicare doesn’t offer assisted living financial aid, Florida’s Medicaid program may offer financial help to offset the price of assisted living. Contact a Medicaid official for further guidance.
Orlando assisted living FAQ
- Who can live in assisted living facilities?
- Each facility sets its own requirements for residents, but assisted living is usually designed for older adults who are still able to live somewhat independently but need help with daily living tasks. As such, it does not provide as much assistance as skilled nursing or memory care.
- Are assisted living facilities regulated in Orlando?
- Yes, the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration’s Long Term Care Services Unit regulates assisted living facilities in statewide. There are three types of assisted living licenses: standard, limited nursing services and congregate care. Compare your or your loved one’s needs against these licenses to know which type of facility to look for.
- What services are provided in assisted living facilities in Orlando?
- There are a variety of services provided in assisted living facilities in Orlando. Some standard services include:
- Meal service
- Social activities
Higher levels of care that are available, if needed, include:
- Incontinence care
- Medication management
- Transportation to appointments
- Personal care, like bathing and grooming
- Does Medicaid pay for assisted living in Orlando?
- Florida’s Medicaid program can sometimes pay for a portion of assisted living costs in Orlando. Contact a Medicaid representative for more information. In order to receive assisted living benefits, you or your loved one must be 65 or older and eligible for Medicaid or 18 or older and eligible for Medicaid by reason of disability.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Orlando assisted living community information
Westminster Towers offers levels of assisted living care based on individualized care plans. Its amenities and services include 24-hour security, a heated outdoor pool, scheduled transportation, a health resource center, and studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom floor plans. Schedule a virtual or in-person appointment on the Westminster Towers’ website.
- Located in: Orlando
- Address: 70 West Lucerne Circle, Orlando, FL 32801
- Phone: (407) 841-1310
- Website: westminstertowersfl.org
Grand Villa Senior Living offers five types of care: assisted living, memory care, respite care, short-term care and personal care. Amenities at Grand Villa of Altamonte Springs include private or companion apartments, a full-time activities coordinator, 24-hour staff, nurses and restaurant-style dining. This facility is located in Altamonte Springs, but Grand Villa has 17 other locations in Florida.
- Located in: Altamonte Springs, DeLand, Lakeland and Ormond Beach
- Address: 433 Orange Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Phone: (321) 203-0253
- Website: altamontespringsseniorliving.com
Inspired Living Ocoee offers assisted living and memory care. Its services and amenities include a 24/7 security system; spacious, obstacle-free hallways with handholds; all-day dining options; and on-site physical, occupational and speech therapies. Its parent company, Inspired Living, also operates facilities in Rockledge and throughout Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas. Call or visit the company’s website to schedule a tour.
- Located in: Ocoee
- Address: 1061 Tomyn Blvd., Ocoee, FL 34761
- Phone: (407) 961-7103
- Website: inspiredliving.care
Spring Hills Hunters Creek offers assisted living and memory care. Its assisted living amenities include chef-prepared food, pet therapy, life skills management programs, wellness assessments by licensed nurses and lush outdoor areas. Spring Hills Senior Communities, its parent company, also has facilities in Lake Mary and five other states. Call or visit its company website to schedule a tour or request more information.
- Located in: Orlando
- Address: 3800 Town Center Blvd., Orlando, FL 32837
- Phone: (321) 348-9653
- Website: spring-hills.com
Encore at Avalon Park offers assisted living, memory care, respite care and day care services. Its assisted living amenities include 24-hour emergency call systems, three meals per day, unlimited snacks, daily activities and a worship space. Fill out a form on Encore at Avalon Park’s website to check availability.
- Located in: Orlando
- Address: 13798 Cygnus Drive, Orlando, FL 32828
- Phone: (407) 270-7500
- Website: encoreatavalonpark.com
Somerby Lake Nona offers individualized assisted living care plans as well as memory care and respite care. Amenities include a daily-check in system, medication management, pet-friendly living, chef-prepared meals and scheduled local transportation. Somerby Senior Living, its parent company, also has facilities in Santa Rosa Beach and five other states. Call or visit Somerby Senior Living’s website for more information about availability.
- Located in: Orlando
- Address: 9682 Lake Nona Village Place, Orlando, FL 32827
- Phone: (800) 892-3753
- Website: somerbyseniorliving.com
Madison at Ocoee offers assisted living, memory care and respite care. Assisted living amenities and services include staff on-site 24/7, an emergency response system, medication administration and management, chef-inspired dining, and assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming. Atlas Senior Living, this facility’s parent company, also has locations in Clermont, Oviedo, Venice and five other states.
- Located in: Ocoee
- Address: 80 N. Clarke Road, Ocoee, FL 34761
- Phone: (352) 717-2991
- Website: atlasseniorliving.com
Gentry Park Orlando offers assisted living, memory care and short-term respite care. The facility serves its assisted living residents with a personalized care plan. Its amenities include move-in assistance, private balconies, pet-friendly living spaces, organized activities and a visiting physician. Meridian Senior Living, Gentry Park’s parent company, also operates communities in Lakeland, Sanford, Winter Haven and select states.
- Located in: Orlando
- Address: 3201 Center Pointe Drive, Orlando, FL 32825
- Phone: (844) 414-2906
- Website: meridiansenior.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.