Find the Best Assisted Living in Jersey City, NJ
Top 8 Jersey City Assisted Living Facilities
|Amber Court||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living and memory care at its facility in Elizabeth. Provides personalized care plans for each resident, therapies and nursing for those who need them, and frequent wellness checks.
|Canterbury Village||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living services at its facility in West Orange. Provides personalized plans for every resident, 24-hour staffing and diabetes management. Includes a beauty salon and barbershop on the property.
|CareOne at Livingston Assisted Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, rehabilitation and hospice care at its facility in Livingston. Includes a dining room, activity and game rooms, outdoor courtyards and health spas on the property.
|Five Star Premier Residences of Teaneck||Read Author Review|
Offers pet-friendly assisted living and independent living at its facility in Teaneck. Includes a dining area, an activity center and a billiards room on the property. Provides a 24-hour on-site nursing staff.
|Hudson Hills Senior Living||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, memory care, independent living and skilled nursing at its facility in North Bergen. Provides assistance with daily living activities, medication management, wellness checks and daily meals.
|Job Haines Home||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, respite care and rehabilitation services at its facility in Bloomfield. Allows residents to choose between studio and one-bedroom apartments. Provides monthly health screenings.
|Winchester Gardens||Read Author Review|
Offers assisted living, independent living, rehabilitation care and respite care at its facility in Maplewood. Includes fitness and aquatic centers, a movie theater, and a country store on the property.
Drawbacks and benefits of assisted living in Jersey City
There are many assisted living communities in the Jersey City area to choose from, but it’s important to do your research so you can make an informed decision. One of the most important things you can do is to make sure you choose a community that’s licensed with the New Jersey Department of Health. This organization maintains basic standards for assisted living facilities, but it’s still worth thinking about the general benefits and drawbacks of assisted living in Jersey City before you make any commitments:
- There are several public transportation options available in Jersey City. These include bikes, trains, ferries, light rails and buses. Reduced fares are sometimes available for adults who are 62 or older. Though many assisted living facilities offer local transportation services, public transit can supplement what they provide.
- Jersey City has a crime index of 24, which means it is safer than 24% of cities in the United States. To break that down further, Jersey City residents have a 1-in-215 chance of being a victim of a violent crime and a 1-in-55 chance of being a victim of a property crime. When looking into assisted living facilities, ask what safety measures are in place to protect residents.
- Summers in Jersey City are typically warm and humid, and winters are cold and windy. Temperatures normally range from 27 degrees to 93 degrees.
- The state of New Jersey does not tax Social Security income. Additionally, state income taxes are low for residents who have retirement income below $65,000 per year, and the sales tax in New Jersey is a bit lower than the U.S. average at 6.625%.
- Jersey City has access to quality hospitals and health care facilities. These include Jersey City Medical Center and Hoboken University Medical Center. Additionally, Jersey City residents have access to nearby hospitals in New York.
How much does assisted living cost in Jersey City?
On average, the cost of assisted living in Jersey City ranges from $3,800 to $7,400 per month. These costs might go up or down depending on:
- The amount of care needed
- The facility’s amenities
- Spouse fees
- Pet fees
- Buy-in fees
When searching for assisted living facilities in Jersey City, ask about discounts and payment plans. Because most assisted living costs are paid out of pocket, some communities offer veterans discounts or a variety of alternative payment structures. Most facilities have a representative that can help you fit its services to your budget, so don't be afraid to ask.
Jersey City assisted living FAQ
- What does assisted living include in Jersey City?
- Assisted living can include a variety of services and amenities in Jersey City, including:
- Help with daily living tasks
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Medical alert systems
- Social events
- Who regulates assisted living facilities in New Jersey?
- The New Jersey Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities in the state to ensure they are licensed and safe.
- Who is eligible for assisted living in Jersey City?
- Assisted living is designed for adults who are 65 or older and want to maintain a certain level of independence while needing help with daily tasks.
- What organizations support and protect older adults in Jersey City?
- Here are a few such organizations:
- The Jersey City Division of Senior Affairs assists older adults in finding housing, manages senior centers and provides seniors with money to use at local farmers markets and fitness classes.
- AngelaCARES Inc. works to empower seniors and their caregivers through a variety of programs and services. These include adult diaper distribution, support for caregivers, workshops, classes and events at the local library, and an Alzheimer’s fund.
- Jersey City Meals on Wheels provides meals to homebound and disabled adults in the Jersey City area. Meals on Wheels serves those who are 60 or older.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Jersey City assisted living company information
Amber Court offers assisted living and memory care. Its amenities include private and semiprivate living options, front desk concierge service, and access to local transportation. Its assisted living services include personalized care plans, medication assistance, routine wellness checks, on-site nursing and on-site therapies.
- Located in: Elizabeth, Brooklyn, Bronx, Westbury and Nesconset
- Address: 1155 E. Jersey St., Elizabeth, NJ 07201
- Phone: (908) 352-9200
- Website: ambercourtal.com
Winchester Gardens provides independent living, assisted living, respite care, long-term care and rehabilitation care. Its assisted living amenities include a private suite in a newer health care center, maintenance-free living, fitness and aquatic centers, a country store and a movie theater. Assisted-living-specific services include a health and wellness clinic, visiting specialist doctors, an on-site lab, personalized care plans and daily living task assistance. Winchester Gardens’ parent company, Springpoint Senior Living, also has locations in East Windsor, Red Bank, Monroe Township, Skillman and Denville.
- Located in: Maplewood
- Address: 333 Elmwood Ave., Maplewood, NJ 07040
- Phone: (877) 319-9856
- Website: winchestergardens.com
Job Haines Home offers assisted living, long-term care, respite care and rehabilitation services. Amenities in the assisted living community include studio and one-bedroom floor plans, kitchenettes, private bathrooms with walk-in showers, and a 24-hour security and emergency response system. Assisted living services include monthly health screenings (including blood pressure and weight checks), care from a registered nurse and personal care attendants available 24 hours per day, and scheduled transportation.
- Located in: Bloomfield
- Address: 250 Bloomfield Ave., Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- Phone: (973) 743-0792
- Website: job-haines.org
Hudson Hills Senior Living provides skilled nursing, assisted living, independent living and memory care services to its residents. Its assisted living amenities include studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom floor plans, kitchenettes or complete kitchens, central heat and air, and an emergency response system. Assisted living services include medication management, bathing, dressing, providing three daily meals and wellness visits by a licensed nurse.
- Located in: North Bergen
- Address: 3505 Bergen Turnpike, North Bergen, NJ 07047
- Phone: (201) 867-3585
- Website: hudsonhillsnj.com
Five Star Premier Residences of Teaneck provides independent and assisted living services. Its amenities include restaurant-style dining, a 24-hour receptionist, an activity center, full kitchens, a Life Alert emergency alert system, and a billiards room. Assisted living services include regular wellness checks, in-house physical therapy and rehabilitation, care from nurses on-site 24/7 and accommodating special dietary restrictions. Its parent company, Five Star Senior Living, operates facilities in select states across the country.
- Located in: Teaneck
- Address: 655 Pomander Walk, Teaneck, NJ 07666
- Phone: (201) 836-3634
- Website: fivestarseniorliving.com
CareOne at Livingston Assisted Living offers a variety of care levels, including assisted living, memory care, hospice care and rehabilitation. Amenities include restaurant-style dining, health spas, activity and game rooms, landscaped outdoor courtyards, and private bathrooms and showers. Services include 24/7 nursing care, emergency response systems, fitness programs, pet therapy, and physical, occupational and speech therapies. This facility’s parent company, CareOne, has 10 locations in New Jersey, including other facilities in Parsippany-Troy Hills, Wayne and Paramus.
- Located in: Livingston
- Address: 76 Passaic Ave., Livingston, NJ 07039
- Phone: (973) 758-4100
- Website: care-one.com
Canterbury Village provides assisted living services in the Jersey City area. Amenities include Wi-Fi, a beauty shop and barbershop, and an active social calendar. Assisted living services include creating a personalized care plan, care from its 24-hour staff, on-site rehabilitation and diabetes management.
- Located in: West Orange
- Address: 33 Mt. Pleasant Ave., West Orange, NJ 07052
- Phone: (973) 245-9403
- Website: canterburyvillage.org
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.