Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (3473 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Bay Alarm Medical

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• GPS technology
    • Optional automatic fall detection
    • 30-day free trial

Cons

• Add-on services can get expensive

Bottom Line

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: May 14, 2020

Upgrade/ replacement of existing piece. The young woman who took care of me, was Well spoken, easy to understand, polite, And a pleasure to chat with. Answered all my questions And far better than the previous CSR I dealt with. Thank you for your quick response.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Richard - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Our team is always working on improvements and training to better customer experience. We are glad to hear you were taken care of and received a prompt response. Should you need anything else, we are here for you.

Original review: May 14, 2020

The young lady that helped me set up my new medical alert was very helpful and she was very easy to talk to, she was very polite. I appreciate Bay Alarm and everyone is very helpful if I have a problem. Thank you.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Minnie - Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear our representative was able to assist you in getting things set up. Definitely give us a call should you need help with anything else. Remember to test your system at least once a month by pressing your help button and letting it connect normally like in a real emergency. When the dispatcher comes through the main unit, kindly let them know you are running a test and that you are okay. Feel free to give our office a call and one of our representatives can walk you through a test.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Upgrade. The service was excellent. The young lady was very helpful. She answered all my questions in a professional manor. Showed concern for my needs due to the fact I have a pacemaker. I was extremely happy with my phone conversation.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Patricia - Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that our representative was able to assist you and take care of your needs. Please do not hesitate to give us a call should you have any further questions or concerns - we are here for you! Again, thank you for your time and feedback.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Very, very, very happy with Bay Alarm Medical and with the customer service we received along the way. We will definitely be recommending them. They have been so helpful and kind and compassionate along the way. Thank you, guys.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Luckily we did not have to use it for an emergency, but the system is excellent, the setup and customer support was great as well. No complaints at all. I recommend and would use their service again if needed. We were able to get the numbers from which they would be calling people on the contact list so that we would know to answer it vs thinking it was spam. They were very accommodating.

Original review: May 5, 2020

The whole process was super simple and the representative was so helpful. Set up when the equipment arrived was very easy..The alarm was accidentally set off once and because she is hearing impaired, Bay Alarm could not verify it was not an accident 911 was dispatched. They arrived quickly and found everything to be ok. It is an affordable way to have peace of mind for a loved one.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Deborah - Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our services. We are glad to hear everything was okay and there was no real emergency. We are happy to know our dispatchers and the local EMS acted promptly. Please feel free to reach out if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you so much!

Original review: May 1, 2020

I spoke with Alexis about the fall alert system and she was very helpful and informative. My mother in law is 98 and has dementia and we wanted some information about the fall alert system and if it would work for her.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Lynn - Thank you for sharing your experience with Alexis. We appreciate you giving us a call and are very glad that you were able to get your questions answered for your mother-in-law. Please don't hesitate to give us a call should you and your family need anything else.

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 25, 2020

Experienced an electrical surge throughout my house from the phone company's attempt to repair outside wires. The Bay Alarm base unit was did not work after the surge. Bay Alarm agreed to replace the base unit at no cost as long as I agreed to pay the additional warranty cost of $5/month. I am very satisfied with this accommodation.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Alice - Thank you for giving us a call so we could assist you with the replacement of a new system. We understand things happen and our team is always to help. Please give us a call should you need assistance with anything else, such as further installation or testing questions. Thank you!

Original review: April 24, 2020

Great service and follow up when an emergency signal was sent. Bay Alarm was an excellent provider for emergency services. Trying to get the neighbor next to my mom to get it because she is older and lives alone. Have given her your contact information and told her that I am very pleased with your product and service.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Gerard - We hope that mom is doing okay! We appreciate your kind words and recommendation. As part of our Refer A Friend program, please remind mom's neighbor to mention mom's full name at the time of order so that mom gets a free month of credit to her account and her neighbor will also receive a free month of credit. Again, we are so glad mom is okay and that she has a medical alert service to keep her safe when she needs it.

Original review: April 24, 2020

The customer service and monitoring is prompt, dependable and provides an efficient service. The technical support people are very capable of troubleshooting any issues that may arise. The monitoring service is very reasonably priced as well, when compared to similar services. We are pleased that Bay Alarm has been around for a long time so has a record to back what they provide. We would definitely recommend them.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi there! Thank you for your amazing feedback. We appreciate it so much! Our team is really happy to hear from you and we are always happy to help. Please don't hesitate to give us a call should you have any questions or concerns, we'll do our best to assist you. Again, we appreciate your review and recommendation.

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 23, 2020

I called customer service due to receiving an email regarding my credit card needing to be updated. I spoke with Jessica and she was very helpful in updating my information and asking if she could assist me with anything else. Jessica was personable and thorough during our discussion.

Original review: April 20, 2020

As a new customer, I am very happy with this medical alarm service. Their staff are prompt and courteous and their replies are very appreciated. Answering time is rapid and instructions are clear. Set up is easy and video instructions are helpful.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Purchased for an elderly (90+) friend alone in third floor apartment with no elevator. Very easy, user friendly service and set up. Unit arrived earlier than notified. Set up was literally 'plug and play'. Customer service very helpful and courteous. Test process very easy. All communications during set up acknowledged, so no fear if wrong input or whether on line. Not used yet in an emergency but experience so far very good.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi David - Thank you for your feedback regarding our services. We hope you and your loved ones continue to be be safe during this difficult time. We are happy to provide peace of mind as we care for your friend and will be here for them, whether it's an emergency or just a question - we're happy to help!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Spoke with a lady name Deanna (I believe). She was absolutely pleasant to speak with and she listened to my request about exchanging a cellular system for a wired system. She took care of everything I needed in a matter of minutes. It was a pleasure to speak to an actual human who understands the needs of the customer and takes care of them in a pleasant manner. Great Job!! Awesome customer service!!!! Thank You.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I called in because my mom's wrist band for her button would not stay latched and kept falling off. This was a replacement band that we had ordered. You are sending us out a new button and band so that we will feel comfortable and safe.

Original review: April 15, 2020

John A answered the phone and first offered his condolences on the death of my father when I called to cancel the service. He provided detailed information on how to send back the equipment, how to change the lock on the lockbox, sent me emails right away with the address for the return, explained how to do the return. And I could not have asked for a more kind, compassionate, passionate and supportive representative. He is an asset to your team. Thank you Bay Alarm for giving our family the assurance that our father was in good hands and for making this experience as he aged so easy for us to trust he could live alone.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Harold - We are so grateful for your words. We understand what its like to lose a loved one, so it's important that we make the cancellation process simple and seamless for families and friends. John was happy to hear from you (We also agree he is an absolute asset to our team!). We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and most of all, trusting in us to be there for dad.

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: April 10, 2020

The customer service was excellent, very helpful and very polite. Jennifer help me set up my Mom's system and it's working fine. Now I can have some peace that my mom is protected by Bay Alarms. Jennifer also helped me calibrate my Mom's wrist band.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Ordered for my father. Arrived on time and set up of device was easy but tracking app kinda confusing. Got online help to set up just took time. Institutions could use clarification on more online info from user account page.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Fortunately, I only needed their help twice in a couple of years, and they were very helpful, professional and fast. But just knowing their services were on the job 24-hours per day, with never any downtime, was comforting to me and my family. I now have 24-hour live-in help and no longer need the service. But if something should change, I wouldn't hesitate to avail myself of it again, and would be happy to recommend Bay Alarm Medical to anyone looking for this type of help.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Correcting address. Working to set up a new service for my mother, Jenniffer and customer service was wonderful, correcting information in the account. She was patient, thorough, and took all the time needed to get the information correct.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I just had the pleasure of a conversation with Customer Service regarding returning the older unit that we've had since 2012. I already have the new one. There was a situation I was having trouble with and she walked me through it and solved my problem completely. This is a good company to deal with if you need a medical alarm system.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Person was very good and took care of our problem promptly and easily. She ran through all the steps needed to get our system operational and then stayed on the line while a test was run. Everything is working smoothly.

Original review: March 21, 2020

This service is excellent, we used it it for my mom with no issues. I highly recommend it to anyone with a parent or anyone that lives alone. Easy to set up and easy billing. We used it so many times when my mom fell and needed help.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Received the system today and followed directions to test base unit. Spoke to Bay Alarm person and advised it was a test. Ambulance, unfortunately, was summoned anyway and showed up at our house. Called back and spoke to Bay Alarm person who had me test the necklace button so that Bay Alarm could monitor. Worked fine. Glad the system worked but wish ambulance would not have been summoned with the initial test.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you are okay and the triggered alarms were only a test. We will look into what occurred and why an ambulance was sent your way after notifying it was a test. We understand how this could be frustrating and we certainly don't want this to happen. We are glad to see it worked, and even better, it worked quickly! Again, please remember to test your button one or more times per month to ensure you are comfortable with testing and everything on your end is working properly. Please give our Tech Support team a call any time you need assistance with a test. Remember to press the button One time and let it connect all the way through to our dispatcher and letting them know it's just a test. Again, we will look into this instance. Thank you so much!

Original review: March 14, 2020

I recently discovered that the battery on my neck monitor was low. I called and spoke with customer service rep (sorry, I didn't get her name) who was very pleasant and extremely helpful. I've never had a bad experience when talking with the staff whether it's to test the battery or to ask a question. I would highly recommend Bay Medical to my friends and family. Thank you for caring and all that you do.

Original review: March 14, 2020

Jennifer explained how it worked. She took names of friends to contact. She helped me decide where to put lockbox. She was friendly, competent, helpful, nice, knowledgeable. I will save phone number to use in case of future questions. I like my devices and the system. I find Bay Medical to be an excellent service. I will tell my siblings about it.

Original review: March 14, 2020

The representative was extremely helpful since I had fallen 2 times that day already so she was willing to take my info over the phone and get my alarm set up and tested. She explained everything and was extremely patient w me.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I received a low battery warning for my dad's medical alert machine, and was very concerned. I called your number, which was given in the original voicemail message, and was delighted with the competent person who helped me. She checked on my dad's system and told me that it was the main unit that had showed a problem, but that it now was working fine. Had he experienced a brief power outage? Yes, he had. She also explained that the battery life of both the main unit and wrist button are monitored, so I would be notified well in advance when a new wrist unit was needed. This is a great relief to me, and I was thrilled with the kindness and competence of your employee as she explained this aspect of your system to me. Thank you!

Original review: March 11, 2020

Had a very pleasant experience with Christina. My goal was to change service coverage. She was very patient, answered all my questions and explained everything very well. Christina had a very, very, very, very, pleasant voice.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Very helpful, very friendly and patient. Would definitely recommend to others in need of an alarm system. We just signed up last month. We feel that we chose the best company. Very reasonable too. Everyone we’ve talked to has been so friendly and helpful too.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information