4.6/5 (3475 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About Bay Alarm Medical

For over 60 years, Bay Alarm Medical's singular mission has been to protect the most important things in life: family, health and independence. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of safety, honesty and customer service. All of our clients are fully protected with industry-leading medical alert systems and backed by one of the nation's most reliable 24 hour medical alert emergency call centers.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• GPS technology
    • Optional automatic fall detection
    • 30-day free trial

Cons

• Add-on services can get expensive

Bottom Line

Bay Alarm Medical offers a comprehensive menu of products and services without long-term contracts. Add-ons can get pricey, but there are budget options to cover the basics.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

Bay Alarm Medical Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bay Alarm Medical?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Would have given 5 stars but the wait time to get a live person at Customer Service was excessive yesterday and again today. Once Customer Service Rep came on phone, service was excellent. Generally Bay Alarm has excellent response times to alerts when they are set off!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

We purchased Bay Alarm system when my mother insisted she wanted to remain in her home. The alarm system worked great for my mother. She had fallen in her home and was stuck between the chair and table. Bay Alarm contacted us immediately and we were able to get to her promptly and help her. They stayed on the line and relayed from us to her on the estimated time for us to arrive. It helped relieve her anxiety knowing someone was on the line with direct communication.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

My customer service rep. John was extremely knowledgeable and patient. Had several questions and he answered all my questions. Thinking the setup would be difficult, he walked me through the setup process with clarity and ease. I appreciated the experience. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Thank you for your assistance and general kindness and professionalism. We know we can count on you to be here when we’re in trouble... You folks are amazing and I know Betty is well taken care of with your help!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Once I reached the service department, all went well and promptly. Agent was knowledgeable and friendly. BUT I called on Wednesday and didn't hear back until I called again on Monday. For a company selling emergency help, this was unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

The representative that helped us was extremely knowledgeable and very patient. My mother's alarm had been damaged after a power surge/lightning storm and I did not realize it was not working. She was sent a new one. We set it up yesterday with the help of a customer service representative and we could not have done it without his assistance.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I called customer service and spoke to customer service and technical support Both representatives were knowledgeable and very polite. The start up test went perfect. All of my questions were answered and very easy to understand, thanks to your associates.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I spoke with a young man to receive help with activating our 4G LTE GPS device. He was very professional and easily took me through the steps to get the device up and running. He also clarified questions I had about the device and the Caregiver Tracking App. He was very knowledgeable about how the device worked and patiently took me through the steps needed. Since I am elderly, he needed extra patience--bless him!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Finally setup system for mother. Setup support was awesome. Then realized I had been charged for 4 months prior to setup. No one mentioned when I purchased and agreed to contract that it needed to be set up right away. Don’t think it’s fair that I was charged and unit was still in box. Billing had no empathy for the fact that an older person could not set it up. All I ask is for where it states that I must set it up within a period of time. Billing was rude and not very understanding. Unacceptable. I hope to see the contract in my email as I ask the billing agent to send. Karl

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

My experience with Bay Alarm Medical was positive and we had no problems with the equipment. I did have an issue with billing when my credit card on file expired and charges accrued. When I no longer needed the service and canceled it a few months later I was billed in error for months in excess of the length of time I had the service. To their credit they corrected the issue over the phone.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Paul - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear everything was taken care of in regards to your billing case. We are always happy to help and make sure things are taken care of properly, especially if there is any error on our end. Thank you again for your feedback!

Best regards,

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Spoke with Karina who could not have been more helpful. She knew the product I needed to order, and processed the order quickly. She was a very considerate person. She confirmed shipping addresses, when it will ship and approximate delivery date. Thanks.

Bay Alarm Medical response

Hi Maria - Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with Karina. We are so proud to have her on our team and she truly appreciates your kind words. Thank you so much! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Bay Alarm Medical

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

We used Bay Medical for 5 years, no problems at all but don't need the service anymore since mom has home care now. The customer service line is a little slow though (maybe due to Covid?) And it took a couple of weeks to get a refund credit back on her card.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Box did not work no matter what we did. Took a long time waiting on hold for technical support. Was thinking for a moment to cancel the service. But Alexis made the difference. She was professional & supportive and took care of the problem by having another unit sent out ASAP. And did not feel rushed with her when asking questions. I would give her 5 stars.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

The rep did an excellent job correcting a billing issue because an automatic withdrawal of payment each month wasn’t working with my bank account. It should work now. Thank you to the rep from your company. Also my sister for whom this system was set up for just fell recently and it worked! Excellent work, Bay Alarm!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Bay Alarm is an awesome company. They have responded so quickly to help my parents whether the alarm was accidentally triggered or it was an actual emergency, which we have had 3. Highly recommend their services. Everyone is extremely helpful, kind and considerate.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I spoke with John. He was very helpful and helped me locate my medical clip on unit. (It was in my robe.) He was very helpful and sent me a reverse notification beep so I could find the unit. He did a great job! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Had several question about a new Bay Alarm Medical system. Took about 10 minutes to reach a Customer Care person, but they were very helpful, answering all my questions. I would recommend this company based on price and customer care service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

First call to Tech Support. Longer wait than I thought it should be. But When I did get to tech support- it was the best I have come across in a long time. If you could get response time down I may have given 5 Stars!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We received notice of a low battery in our system. The technician was very helpful in giving clear instructions to test the system, and recommend a remedy. The remedy worked and this was all done in the shortest time possible. Her professional expertise was much appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I called the call center because my 96 year old neighbor is signed up for your service. The wait time was ridiculously long. I waited over 40 minutes to talk to someone. That is not acceptable. I'd give that 1 star if I could. However, the person who handled our call would have gotten 5 stars. I wish I knew her name. You probably can find out and you should. She was patient, courteous, kind, funny, and gave me an indication she was there for more than just taking care of my needs, she seemed like she actually cared about my neighbor and myself. Please let her know that she is responsible for turning a difficult situation into one of satisfaction. She's a great reflection of your company...NOW...please fix the phone hold situation. Regards, Michael **

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I spoke with John about returning the GPS part of my system. In the process of powering down the GPS, I misunderstood and pushed the base help button which took me to Help. While speaking to the Help person, John called me on my cell phone (landline was tied up) and had me power down properly. He gave me clear and specific instructions for the return and told me to expect an email with a new service agreement to sign.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

My dad's personal help necklace was giving a low battery signal. John helped me solve the problem and suggested an updated base system which we ordered as well. Very efficient service. John listed to my problem and solved the issue.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

The customer service representative was professional. The customer service representative was polite. The customer representative was customer-oriented. The customer representative was very helpful. The customer service representative resolved my issue right away. The wait on the phone for customer service was about 20 minutes.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

We had first experience with alarm requiring dispatch of EMS. ALL went well except we didn’t recognize the phone number Bay Alarm Medical calls from (both my sister and I rejected call). It would be helpful if you tell new customers to put that phone number in their phone as a contact so The number will be recognized. These days we get so many political and soliciting calls that hardly anybody answers calls They don’t recognize. Other than that issue it went perfectly and I’m very pleased. On another note I had to call and order a new cord for my mom‘s button because she bled all over the old one. I was on hold for 25 minutes. That’s a long time. The operator was helpful though. I give you three stars. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Excellent experience with customer service in changing emergency information. GOS mobile device pinpointed my location exactly away from home. Received two calls from customer service to follow up sudden cutoff to answer another call. Quality of sound on device could be improved but gets the job done less expensive than other systems.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I called this morning to ask a few questions about the recent alarm and was helped in every way possible. We had an alarm activation last night by error after set up and I wanted to find out if there was an alternative monitoring center.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

John did a great job answering questions and clarified falls detection and neck device wearing at night or nap times. Good tips to hang up and not lay down. Very professional, friendly and helpful for me and my family for usage.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Tried to setup unit, had problems, called Tech support. Tech determined base was incompatible with wireless modem. He verified that ATT 4g might work in our untested area. Was nice enough to ship new base unit free. Was very pleased with his service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

Very helpful with all aspects of getting medical alert purchased and setup. Equipment was easy to setup and easy to use. Testing was easy and emergency response was almost immediate. Emergency button has plenty of range even working outside. Would recommend unit.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I had a pleasant conversation with the CSR while she worked to replace my dad’s damaged medical alert fob. I had other questions which she kindly answered. She was very quick and efficient. I would recommend Bay Alert to anyone needing a tracking device for a loved one.

Bay Alarm Medical Company Information