1.09/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Arvixe

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Arvixe Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

It was ok for the past few years, until when I was in Thailand and tried buying another domain from their, their stupid system just marked me as a spam while paying thru PayPal. Since then they have given me such a headache and problem until most of my domains have already expired but the domain that I am using right now is something that I am still saving but they are really uncooperative. This WINSON ** that used to be a jr. tech assistant now a billing admin or support admin makes life like a living hell for their clients. He will be sending you an automated response then close the ticket without getting it resolved. Please, it's time to file for a class-action lawsuit against this company for the damages that they have been causing our businesses. It's not just any other money or business that we are losing, it's also our years of hard-worked investments.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

This is the worst web host ever. I had my business website there and in the beginning (3 years ago) the website host was good. If I needed help, they were a phone call away. Then something happened. I paid a renewal fee of over $500 for the web hosting, and was promised a free SSL certificate with the package. I ended up having to pay $25, and still no SSL was issued. They got rid of their customer service phone and replaced it with chat. I waited for over an hour, and not a single customer service rep came on to the chat, and there is NO other way to contact them! All that money and no service. I migrated my site to a GoDaddy server and within one hour, had a leave site with an SSL certificate for 1/4 of the price, with all of the same bells and whistles. STAY FAR AWAY from Arvixe if you care about your business website and don't pay their exorbitant fees--you get nothing for them.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 26, 2019

It's very easy to use but the storage on it sucks. You can't keep anything it seems like. I didn't know about it till a friend told me.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I used this "company" to park some domains and publish others. This year I choose to move my main domain to another one service. First I tried to find the unlock code to move my domain and was not available everywhere. So I wrote to them "support" and I also discovered my domain was moved to another one person. But I was lucky, my email didn't change and I start the transfer. After a long chat with them "support" I had my unlock code.

After I moved my domain to another server they took from my bank account 67,20$ also if my automatic update was disabled. That's happen with the transaction ** of 13 January 2019. So I opened the ticket ** asking the refound of this money, first because I don't need the service, second because my contract expire 28 January 2019. I was asking the reason they took the money from my account about one service I didn't plan to renew. They answered, it is my problem, and keep my money. When the terms of refund was expired they wrote me one new message on the same ticket to remember me the terms of refund was expired. Take care, they are really robbers. They will do everything to steal money, if you really want use them service, use a temporary credit card to pay or your money will be stolen.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had Arvixe for about 5 years and had issues the whole time. I bought a long term package. I finally left them 2 years ago and switched to GoDaddy (Great). I canceled service and transferred my domain correctly. 2+ years later they are still trying to bill me each year. They no longer have a phone they answer and the CHAT on their website is always down - kind of like how my e-mail was.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvixe?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I've had Arvixe for four years. I've never been particularly impressed, although except for a random server error for a month when I hadn't changed any files and no response from Tech Support for about as long (and they said nothing was wrong - it later "fixed" itself) there was nothing necessarily "wrong" with their service. However, they got rid of their phone customer service and now have only 24/7/365 "Live Chat", which I don't like. Sometimes chat is okay, but sometimes I want to TALK to a human being.

Finally, since I hadn't even looked at my site in about a year, I decided not to renew when they increased the price from $6/mo to $8/mo. I hadn't had time to double-check my files, so on 1/5/19, I disabled "auto-renew" on their site (service was to renew 2/1) to ensure it wouldn't charge me before I could cancel. Today, 1/17/19, I received an email receipt for the charge to my credit card for the renewal. The cancellation page in the Arvixe Client Area says I am not eligible for a refund, and for the last 40 minutes the "24/7/365 Live Chat" has been "unable to initiate chat session". I do NOT recommend Arvixe.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Arvixe has a bad service solution seniors, I have an issue since 10 days. Malware on Plesk base on: 1 malware 554 Message blocked. The domain @admexus.com has sent the maximum number of emails this hour. The limit is 1000 per hour. This issue appears every day and every day I need to deal with the supposed good seniors in India. 2. I cannot published new sub domains, they also has an issue since the ticket was set and after 10 days are not solved, please be aware about the potential issues on Plesk with Arvixe, my service are not working at all to publish a web easy page. Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". I will move.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have struggled with many of the lower-end cost Web Hosting opportunities and I have experimented with some others. Most all of them make a good effort to satisfy their customers. I have found Arvixe to actually find a solution without quitting.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I started with Arvixe about eight years ago and they were top notch back then. I could get help above and beyond what was necessary to help me build my website and understand the workings of web hosting and back-end stuff. Then something changed. They were bought out and now they are horrible. No phone support - not even for billing problems. Terrible customer service - they either can't help you or "escalate" the issue and then you still get a runaround.

I sold a domain and it took MONTHS to get it transferred and resolved to the new owner. Tried to cancel - they have my account "on hold". I pray I am not billed in 2019 for hosting. I have read other reviews where customers were billed months after requesting cancellation because Arvixe doesn't fully cancel your account. Now I see this for myself. :(

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

After canceling my account two years ago, they have the nerve to still send notice of renewal and invoice! I have tried to contact them, but there is no way to get through to them. They have discontinued their phone service and I cannot log in to my account to "chat". I have sent numerous requests to reset the password and get no response. I have advised PayPal to cancel any payment to them, but I shouldn't have to do that. I should be finished with everything to do with Arvixe. This "company" needs to be reported and dismantled. Nightmare.

Arvixe expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Arvixe is a fairly new web hosting company. Established in 2003, it now offers a wide range of web-hosting services. It is best known for offering free domain registration to customers throughout the entire client-business relationship.

• Unlimited storage and bandwidth: Every web hosting plan Arvixe offers comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, so you don’t have to worry about needing to upgrade when you want to expand your website.

• Free website builder tools: You can easily build your website without having to pay anything extra for this service.

• Big one-click script library: You can install a wide variety of apps to improve the professionalism of your site without having to know any coding.

• Control panel options: There are a lot of options and it can be overwhelming or difficult to navigate the control panel at first.

• Customer service: During peak times, you may have to wait on the phone for long periods of time.

• Site transfer limits: Although you have unlimited storage, there is a cap on the size of websites that you can transfer from other hosts. If you are switching to Arvixe and want to take advantage of their free website transfer service, your website cannot be larger than 5GB for personal and reseller accounts, and 10GB for business accounts.

• Best for: Bloggers, writers, artists, small business owners and web hosting companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Arvixe questions and answers

What sets Arvixe apart from the competition?
      As a key player in the web hosting business, Arvixe strives to help our customers successfully launch and keep their websites online. Whether you’re just launching your first website or you require an enterprise-level hosting environment, we offer a full range of hosting solutions that cater to any need.
      What problem is Arvixe trying to solve?
      Since 2003, Arvixe has had a customer-first philosophy. Ensuring both our support and the hosting technology we provide is the best sets us far above our competition.
      What needs do your products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Arvixe specializes in small and medium sized businesses. Our goal is to quickly, easily and oftentimes automatically deploy the latest blog, eCommerce, and CMS solutions for our customers.
      How does Arvixe measure success?
      We measure success by the success of our customers. First and foremost, we want to make sure our customers’ websites or software is online. Secondly, we want to quickly address and efficiently resolve any issues that arise.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      One common misconception about hosting is that it's all the same – whether from Arvixe or from one of our competitors. There are such subtle differences in the technology and service that, at first glance, aren't apparent until you start using the service. This is why Arvixe uses only the best technology and provides the industry-leading support that we do.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Every industry has its changes. In more recent years, the hosting industry has seen cloud hosting transition from being available exclusively to enterprise-level companies, to now being more widely adopted. Cloud hosting still has a long way to go, and we expect in the next few years it will be more stable and feature rich!
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Arvixe?
      We would want every consumer to know that Arvixe is here to ensure their success. Like we previously mentioned, we offer an unparalleled level of support and technology that really helps our customers succeed online. Give Arvixe a try for your web hosting needs and we'll show you the difference Arvixe makes.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition that your customers should know about?
      In 2011 and 2012, Arvixe was named among Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies, and from 2010-2013, Arvixe earned HostReview’s Readers’ Choice Award. In 2013, Arvixe earned multiple awards including Hosting Review’s “Best Windows Hosting” and Ten Hosting Review’s Award of Excellence. Arvixe also received the 2014 Hosting Review Editor's Pick Award and were named “Best ASP.NET Hosting Provider” by Windows Hosting ASP.NET in both 2013 and 2014.

Arvixe Company Information