A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,010,213 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Arvixe is my website internet service provider. I pay Arvixe to host my website. For over two weeks my website has failed to load daily. I contact Arvixe support and normally within a few hours the site will load. Next day, same thing again. I contact Arvixe and within a few hours the site will load again. This has been going on for over two weeks with me contacting Arvixe, daily. I chat with tech support who cannot correct the situation. Tech support 'escalates' a ticket to upper level support. Arvixe's tech support can only communicate with higher level tech support through a 'ticket.' One tech cannot talk with another tech. I have had a ticket going for over two weeks. I will be changing ISP when my current contract expires, if not sooner.
I paid for hosting 9/5/2022 and I canceled it on 9/6/2022. It was to be a 30-day refund, after one day they would not refund my money. Stay away from them. They will make up any excuse to keep your money and keep your bank account info on their files.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
We have had sites hosted on Arvixe for several years. Renewing certificates is difficult every year - they are paid separately from hosting service, they expire without warning, and it sometimes takes several weeks of hounding them to get it done. Still, the site was reliable and it seemed like more trouble to change vendors than just fight that battle. Then we discovered after thanksgiving that we could no longer manage our site. When asking their support, they responded with a link to a post somewhere on their site warning of an upgrade maintenance window. The article was posted at 8:47PM on November 16th and the maintenance window started at 9PM the same day. The article says that the planned outage will last until December 21. Not only that, but our site is currently unavailable and has been down for 8 days straight.
Support responses are very slow and vague. No ETA has been given for getting our site back up but they did confirm that it was related to the upgrade. Support has ignored several questions regarding the '99.9% Uptime guarantee' they advertise on their website. Their only response says that we have to buy another certificate because our existing cert 'did not transfer'. I agreed and requested an invoice, but no telling when we will get that. Meanwhile our site is still down and I don't even have anything to tell our users. There is no phone support, chat has no authority or ability to help, and the helpdesk ticket is mostly worthless. I would shop elsewhere.
I had a domain name and website hosted with Arvixe for years. The domain name expired right after I had paid for hosting for the website for another year. I had never had a domain name that was hosted with a website billed separately, and I never received notification to the email address on file that the domain was expired. Arvixe sold it for thousands of dollars, and now can't seem to come up with any records concerning it, other than to tell me that they notified the proper email address, which if they can access that information, then obviously they have more information in my files concerning it.
They constantly tried to deflect and not answer the questions that I was asking. I also get constant phone calls from India about website building for the 1 remaining domain that I have parked on their site. They claim that they never sell the information to third parties, but I ask the website development companies how they got my information, and they verify that it came from Arvixe.com. I believe that because I was transferring all of my domains away from Arvixe due to their horrid customer service. They did not contact me about the expiration of my domain so that they could sell it out from underneath me. If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit against this scummy company, I am in!
Terrible company, deliberately designs their interface to keep you opted into their web hosting. I tried for years to cancel the service and they keep charging, finally blocked future payments on PayPal. Response to emails is VERY sporadic, and then they suddenly close the claim ticket saying YOU didn't respond. Straight up thieves, do not use.
To Whom It May Concern. We have been held as a hostage by Arvixe, Arvixe has blocked our access to all our company data, our emails, all the online tools we have been running on our websites for 300+ customers of ours. As an organization we have the right to all the data stored and backed up with ARVIXE, if Arvixe team is so incompetent to solve such a grave issue first-hand, the least they can do is provide us with our data so that we don’t suffer these huge losses. More than 72 hours have passed just to receive a response and for the account to get activated. It’s simply unacceptable in today’s world for any IT company. Arvixe has ruined all our reputation that we have built in over 18 years in merely 3 days.
Our Account has been suspended due to a billing issue. Our account was created six years back when we had Mr. S** as one of our partners and the account was created using his credit card (not on his name). Now when Mr. ** has left our organization, Arvixe has automatically charged a six years old credit card which was not supposed to be charged for the invoice amount $229.42. Unaware of the charge Mr. ** disputed this transaction and we weren’t informed about the same by Arvixe billing team, without reaching out to us and being completely inconsiderate about how severely it could affect our business ARVIXE TEAM suspended our account.
We have been asking for our account access for over 3 days so we can pay our invoices to take our account out of suspension but no one is there to take care of it. They just have a chat client, no phone or email address to address this issue directly. After chatting with their agents, we have always been asked for the same documentation over and over that we have submitted every time. After every submission we have been assured that someone will get back us to take the updated payment info but no one ever emailed or called to take the payment. This is happening 5 times in every 24 hours.
To take our account out of suspension, we have been requesting and cooperating with Arvixe chat support executives which are overseas, we have also provided all the required proofs, yet no action has been taken. We haven’t been able to login to our account. We have tried to reach out several times to the billing team to make the required payment but no response. We have never seen a company who doesn’t even have representatives to even accept the payment.
We have been facing this issue for over 3 days now – our sites, online customer tools, emails and all our data is inaccessible. We are suffering extensive Business Losses due to the unprofessionalism of ARVIXE TEAM. We provide services to more than 700 hotels and due to this suspension, we aren’t able to provide any tech support and are refunding all our customers due to no service. So far we have incurred $7800.00 in loss of revenue because of these documented refunds.
We've been waiting since 23rd February to present but still there is no response from Arvixe. Attached are all the proofs that I have been continuously submitting to the ARVIXE SUPPORT TEAM. Thanks. Harpreet Singh **. Owner. Minds At Development LLC. COPY TO: State Farm Insurance. Bureau of Consumer Protection, Division of Trade and Consumer Protection. Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. Arvixe Legal Department. Attorney Cook Office.
Unethical, unresponsive. On Nov. 26, 2020, I decided to switch my services and opened a chat with Arvixe. Over 30 minutes of waiting and repeating myself- I was told that I could not make any changes to my account until I paid my invoice. The reason why my invoice wasn't paid was because it was for future services and I planned on canceling my services. Without recourse, I paid my invoice ($344.00) and went back on the chat. I requested a cancellation and was told that they would be happy to cancel my services but that I was not eligible for a refund. It's been over two weeks, several hours on the chat, creating help tickets. The last agent on Dec. 2 promised that "a senior admin" would help me find a resolution but only through email. No email yet!! Really Arvixe?? For $344?! Looks like your business model includes unethical objectives to increase revenue. BUYER BEWARE.
It was ok for the past few years, until when I was in Thailand and tried buying another domain from their, their stupid system just marked me as a spam while paying thru PayPal. Since then they have given me such a headache and problem until most of my domains have already expired but the domain that I am using right now is something that I am still saving but they are really uncooperative. This WINSON ** that used to be a jr. tech assistant now a billing admin or support admin makes life like a living hell for their clients. He will be sending you an automated response then close the ticket without getting it resolved. Please, it's time to file for a class-action lawsuit against this company for the damages that they have been causing our businesses. It's not just any other money or business that we are losing, it's also our years of hard-worked investments.
This is the worst web host ever. I had my business website there and in the beginning (3 years ago) the website host was good. If I needed help, they were a phone call away. Then something happened. I paid a renewal fee of over $500 for the web hosting, and was promised a free SSL certificate with the package. I ended up having to pay $25, and still no SSL was issued. They got rid of their customer service phone and replaced it with chat. I waited for over an hour, and not a single customer service rep came on to the chat, and there is NO other way to contact them! All that money and no service. I migrated my site to a GoDaddy server and within one hour, had a leave site with an SSL certificate for 1/4 of the price, with all of the same bells and whistles. STAY FAR AWAY from Arvixe if you care about your business website and don't pay their exorbitant fees--you get nothing for them.
It's very easy to use but the storage on it sucks. You can't keep anything it seems like. I didn't know about it till a friend told me.
Arvixe author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
Arvixe is a fairly new web hosting company. Established in 2003, it now offers a wide range of web-hosting services. It is best known for offering free domain registration to customers throughout the entire client-business relationship.
Unlimited storage and bandwidth: Every web hosting plan Arvixe offers comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, so you don’t have to worry about needing to upgrade when you want to expand your website.
Free website builder tools: You can easily build your website without having to pay anything extra for this service.
Big one-click script library: You can install a wide variety of apps to improve the professionalism of your site without having to know any coding.
Control panel options: There are a lot of options and it can be overwhelming or difficult to navigate the control panel at first.
Customer service: During peak times, you may have to wait on the phone for long periods of time.
Site transfer limits: Although you have unlimited storage, there is a cap on the size of websites that you can transfer from other hosts. If you are switching to Arvixe and want to take advantage of their free website transfer service, your website cannot be larger than 5GB for personal and reseller accounts, and 10GB for business accounts.
Arvixe questions and answers
- What sets Arvixe apart from the competition?
- As a key player in the web hosting business, Arvixe strives to help our customers successfully launch and keep their websites online. Whether you’re just launching your first website or you require an enterprise-level hosting environment, we offer a full range of hosting solutions that cater to any need.
- What problem is Arvixe trying to solve?
- Since 2003, Arvixe has had a customer-first philosophy. Ensuring both our support and the hosting technology we provide is the best sets us far above our competition.
- What needs do your products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Arvixe specializes in small and medium sized businesses. Our goal is to quickly, easily and oftentimes automatically deploy the latest blog, eCommerce, and CMS solutions for our customers.
- How does Arvixe measure success?
- We measure success by the success of our customers. First and foremost, we want to make sure our customers’ websites or software is online. Secondly, we want to quickly address and efficiently resolve any issues that arise.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
- One common misconception about hosting is that it's all the same – whether from Arvixe or from one of our competitors. There are such subtle differences in the technology and service that, at first glance, aren't apparent until you start using the service. This is why Arvixe uses only the best technology and provides the industry-leading support that we do.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Every industry has its changes. In more recent years, the hosting industry has seen cloud hosting transition from being available exclusively to enterprise-level companies, to now being more widely adopted. Cloud hosting still has a long way to go, and we expect in the next few years it will be more stable and feature rich!
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Arvixe?
- We would want every consumer to know that Arvixe is here to ensure their success. Like we previously mentioned, we offer an unparalleled level of support and technology that really helps our customers succeed online. Give Arvixe a try for your web hosting needs and we'll show you the difference Arvixe makes.
- Has your business received any awards or recognition that your customers should know about?
- In 2011 and 2012, Arvixe was named among Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies, and from 2010-2013, Arvixe earned HostReview’s Readers’ Choice Award. In 2013, Arvixe earned multiple awards including Hosting Review’s “Best Windows Hosting” and Ten Hosting Review’s Award of Excellence. Arvixe also received the 2014 Hosting Review Editor's Pick Award and were named “Best ASP.NET Hosting Provider” by Windows Hosting ASP.NET in both 2013 and 2014.
Arvixe Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 7031 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 150
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.