Arvixe

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Arvixe is a crap shoot of a company with more problems than Syria right now. My company has had so many issues with this company since they got bought out by EGI. I just sent this email to their support department since they keep messing up. Ever since your company was bought out by Endurance Group International your company's customer service has been absolutely awful in how you have dealt with us. Your company's tech issues and lack of caring and customer service has severely hampered us as an organization. You have caused numerous website and hosting issues. You have improperly billed us on numerous occasions.

You have even claimed after your company was bought by EGI that we were not your customer when we had all the documentation to say otherwise. You even held our domain hostage since you did not believe we were the rightful owner which we proved you wrong but not after our domain was dark for two weeks! We have put in well over 200 man hours dealing with your company. We are a small medical aid charity and you are frankly keeping us from doing our mission at times because of your constant mess-ups. We have been dealing with issues with your company for over two goddamn years! I shake my head and think no company treats people like this but then you keep proving me wrong and messing up even more! Needless to say when it comes to Arvixe run away.

When I signed up with Arvixe 2 years ago they had glowing reviews online and the service they provided was outstanding. They got bought by a large company and since then the company is nothing short of an enemy to their customers. Problems began with email. I would have problems in Outlook downloading emails from the Arvixe servers. I'd call them up, they'd acknowledge the problem (too large spool file) and say they'll fix it. That happened more and more frequently. I was calling them 5-6 times a week. They even acknowledged that it shouldn't happen and that they should've been on top of the issue, but weren't. After 6-7 weeks of this nonsense I was tired of losing emails, losing business, etc. I was calling them all the time and opening support tickets that went unresolved.

On a Wednesday afternoon, mid-workday, my email stopped again. I went to my website which now read, "This website has been suspended." I got on the phone with them and they told me that the content violated their terms of service (my website is an online pharmacy). They said I was selling narcotics online and it was illegal. Not true. They said I didn't have any of the necessary licenses to run a pharmacy. Not true. I faxed them all of the legal documentation. They refused to turn the site back on. Not only that, but I no longer had FTP access to any of my files on their server. Nightmare! This all happened with NO prior notice. They weren't even decent enough to call me to ask about any of the legal documentation. They just unilaterally terminated my website in July 2016.

Here we are April 2016 and they're sending me an invoice to pay for another 2 years of service ($240). The email said they'd automatically bill my credit card on file. I tried calling them to stop this from happening and the message I received on the call was, "In order to provide the best customer service we are discontinuing phone support." HAHAHAHA! That's a good one! Arvixe is a textbook example of how NOT to run a business.

Unreliable and unethical hosting. I wish I had a better experience with this poor company. We hosted with them since 2015. During their first 60 day period, we were mostly satisfied with their service. The migration was relatively easy. This company specializes in DOWNTIME. In the frequent event that a server crashes, it always take greater than a week to restore service. After 19 days of downtime, we finally moved to a reliable hosting company. I wasted countless hours to initially connect with their IT guys, who simply apologized and promised to restore service as soon as possible.

If poor service was the end of our connection, I would not be writing this review. We paid for 2 years of service and stopped using it after 12 months. Recently, we were auto billed $134 to renew our hosting. This was an error as we will never work this company again. Our initial hosting plan had not expired yet when we were billed for an additional 2 years. I started seeking a refund before the funds had been withdrawn from our account. I contacted the bank to stop payment, however, decided to be fair to Arvixe and work through a refund with their company. This was a mistake.

KYLE ** was the manager I was connected with. He quoted company policy through several interactions as told me there was nothing they could do since we were out of our initial 60 day period. They billed us in error but refused the refund the money. This is an unethical business practice. Please carefully read the reviews before choosing to host with this company. They are unreliable, have extremely poor customer service, and billing policies similar to some of the best SCAMS I have seen.

Worthless web hosting. I can't count the number of times our email and/or our website has been down. Customer support is chat only and of no help whatsoever. We have lost critical emails over the past 6 weeks while they try and figure out the problem. Now our website is down, so we have nothing. The chat people in India keep assuring me it will be fixed shortly, apparently on a geological time scale. The Three Stooges would probably do a better job.

I found out they never canceled my plan like they said. They told me they would on the phone and I canceled it. They continue to send emails telling me to a bill for a service that they never provided. Horrible customer service. I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life. SHAME ON ARVIXE!!! I switched to WebhostFive ** because they're a better server all around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvixe?

My service only worked the first 18 months. My sites have been down since 02/2016 and I have been emailing, chatting, and calling with no success. The customer service is a never-ending loop of mania. Speaking to them ruins my entire day. I chatted with someone early that day 5 hours prior to be exact. I was told I couldn't get a refund for my domains not working the past year just a credit after I cancel. Well that makes zero sense. Why would I want a credit with you. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Buy VPS Account from Arvixe on 28th Nov. First they took 3-4 days to create the account --- ridiculous. When they took money on first day why they need so much time to configure the account. Second today is 14th Dec. Till now I'm not able to login to my account as login credentials provided by them are not correct. I chat with them and since first day I report for this issue daily... daily I got assurance... daily I got frustration... daily they suggest me, "Sir your issue will be resolved soon" or as there is no email from their side. It's more than 18 days. I don't know whether they have technical staff or not.

I don't think to reset the password took 18 days... and still my problem not resolved and don't know how many days they more required. I'm also having reseller account with them since last 3 year but making myself sure not to renew as they are not care about customer and their business losses... They are making money by making people fool. I'm writing this so some senior from Arvixe will look into this and resolve my issue.

It has been 10 days and my domain is still pending. I have given 'support' my EPP, and notice of service termination from my past web hosting provider since day 1. Partly my fault for not doing the necessary research. Had I seen this site before I signed up with Arvixe, I might've gone with GoDaddy.

I have been an Arvixe customer for years. I used to be very happy with the service/support. They got sold about a year ago, and the customer service has basically been eliminated. There is no more phone support, and tickets submitted get answered in days/weeks, or not at all. The support via the live chat is not helpful either. It was a lot of work, but I've had no choice but to move to a better hosting company.

I thought I was getting a deal on a domain name and hosting. I purchased a 2 year plan. I used a discount code. They gave me two accounts: labeled both as "fraud" and charged me for one account. The domain worked long enough to install WordPress, it's still an active domain, they locked me out of the control panel... And they will not refund my money. It's been seven weeks. My debit card had the money removed, it's in my statement, and this is absurd. I have absolutely no idea where this company is located (probably India), but this is literally the absolute worst customer service experience I've ever had. Nobody on here seems to have a single positive experience. I legitimately hate these people. It takes 2 weeks to even get an email reply.

In the last 6 months they stop the service for more than 100 hours, without any previous notice. No-one replied to tickets for more than 48 hours. If you'll try to use the chat (technical support) they can only apologize and escalate a problem to a non-existing super tech team. A lot of promises of ETA and email, but the truth is that they have a lot of issues and not enough skilled people to solve it.

Currently everyday I have problem with ftp and email. My website dbcoder.net is down for over 2 days and nobody from their customer service give me good explanation of this. They only claim that "lot of senior specialist" working on it. I attach you my ticket and it is visible that nobody respond and web page is still down right now (when I am writing this post).

The joke is that Arvixe offers a 99.99% uptime guarantee. The joke is on me, because in the last five days, the web server was up less than a day. Refund? As if! I submitted a refund request a couple of days ago, of course no response. Arvixe used to be excellent. I have been with them for eight years now, hosting 5 - 6 active sites, both in the US and in Europe. Things changed for the much worse after they were acquired by EIG. Reliability went out the window and their ability to resolve the issues right along with it. Do you want to hear another joke? Arvixe support.

Wow. I can't begin to express my discontent with this company. After having continual support problems, I decided that I was going to switch to another company. The hold time on the phone alone should tell you that they are over their heads. It became a joke in our office as we would put them on speaker phone while I treated patients and they would repeatedly not answer for over an hour. No kidding!

So, I made the switch to another hosting company and they ended up charging me for another 6 months of hosting early! When I submitted various tickets regarding this problem, they did not respond. After countless attempts to get them to refund my money, nothing. It was such a headache. Unbelievable really. Their automated emails won't let you respond to them and ask that you submit a support ticket that gets answered by a person who listens to your problem and then says the same thing every time, "Oh, I'm going to need to escalate this ticket to a supervisor who will get back to you." Who... you might have guessed... never get back to you.

There's more to this story as well. I haven't had hosting with them in 6 months. Guess what? They are trying to charge me again for hosting. If I hadn't disconnected my automatic PayPal payments to them, they'd still be charging me for poor service that they aren't even providing me! Now, I'm fed up and thinking of having a lawyer contact them as the emails they continually send to me are getting more aggressive. DON'T HIRE THIS COMPANY!!! It was a complete nightmare.

I've been an Arvixe customer since 2013. In July 2015 after I paid for 1 year of hosting they moved my website in an "emergency migration" to a new server in August 2015. In January 2016 this new server failed. They said my account used unusually high resources which is why they migrated it to a special server. I did not have a problem with this. When the new server failed in January 2016 they sent out an email saying the server failed and they could not recover the contents and that they would "cancel my account and provide a refund."

As of July 2016 I still have not received a refund despite contacting their support several times. They tried to charge me in July 2016 to renew my hosting even though they had cancelled my account. I have sent multiple emails back and forth and they are still telling me they don't know why I am asking for a refund when I did not pay the July 2016 invoice. They also said they don't understand why I am complaining since my website is still up. I moved to a new hosting company in January and have had no problems since. Arvixe hosting are just interested in taking your money and when they cancel your account you will spend hours trying to get anything back. Save your money and look elsewhere!!!

Do not waste your money! We had a server down for over two months, which we were paying for that was completely unusable. The ticket kept getting escalated and escalated never to be resolved. Finally, after over 2 months, the server worked. We migrated all of the information over to a different company and then tried to cancel the Arvixe server. It has been over a week and they still will not cancel the server. I was told we did not give them 60 days. What about the 60 days that we were paying them for a server that was useless and they could not fix? Save your money. DO NOT USE THEM. Their customer service is atrocious. I have been on hold with Live chat to talk to a rep for over 2 hours, only for the rep to place me on hold because they are having issues with their browser. Very hard to deal with or get anything done. DO NOT USE. You will regret it.

I have been with Arvixe for a number of years, and they've been good. But now they are beyond abject. For the second time in as many months my sites have been down for over 10 days. To add insult to injury they've renewed my subscription during the latest outage. No FTP to retrieve the sites and move elsewhere, that's down as well.

I want to let everyone know my experience with this Arvixe web hosting company. Their customer service sucks. I was renewing a domain name and their system charged me 6 times for the same amount in the same minute. I opened a ticket and it has been 7 months now and the ticket still open and the last thing they said was that they were only able to issue one refund. Well I had to call PayPal and let them know what was happening. Well again 7 months later my ticket still open and now they are charging me my own money because they said that the disputed balance was use to cover other invoices. I don't have any hosting with them since 2 years ago because of the same problem, their system sucks, and I only have like 3 domain names with them and they are not set to auto renew, so how can they say that they are charging me the same amount I disputed to cover other invoices. Well I don't know. Stay away from Arvixe.

We have been customers of Arvixe for >2 years. Until approximately April, the service was OK, not great, but at least it was a decent value. Since April we have experienced MANY issues and nearly ZERO support response. Our Arvixe server has now been down for 2 days, costing us HUNDREDS of dollars in contract penalties every day. We have received NO response from Arvixe support. Do not put your business at risk. Stay away from Arvixe.

For weeks now I've been unable to access cPanel for my site. The site is completely offline. I get many emails telling me they are "escalating" my ticket, but no action. A password reset would take less time than all the emails I get from them promising to fix it. I would move my site to another host today but as they refuse to fix the cPanel login, I can't access any of my files to move to another host.

I have been with Arvixe for 4 years, and since their acquisition by EIG (who owns a ton of other hosting companies including Bluehost and even HostGator), their service has been terrible. You cannot contact support via email anymore and the live chat folks can't help, so they open a ticket for senior admin. and promise someone will get back to you in 24 hrs. My site has been down for 6 days and I have paid ongoing marketing ads in paper and online. I communicated this to them, they keep lying to me that it will be fixed. They don't get back to me, and feel you are stuck with them due to the hurdle of transferring your website to another host. A word of advise, stay away from them. Pay a few more buck for a reliable hosting company.

I have use Arvixe for seven years. When I started they were ok. Now the service is horrible. I have constant downtime. I have several tickets open for compensation. For a few months now they don't even answer. I have a ticket for a technical issue for a month now with no reply. I have been on the chat. I have called them with no result. I get promises that they will check or that they have escalated it to management still nothing. Months have gone by with no answer. ARVIXE IS BY FAR THE WORST HOSTING COMPANY BY FAR. DO NOT USE THEM.

ABYSMAL - If I hadn't experience this level of "support" myself I wouldn't have believed it was possible. 3 support tickets submitted, 6 sessions over chat with "support", 3 phone calls - NOTHING done, nobody replies ever... Anyone has REAL telephone number of their head office in Austin pleeeease? All numbers on the web lead to call centres in Philippines etc. NO way of calling anyone who knows anything or takes any decisions.

I have been an Arvixe customer since 2008. Arvixe had a mail server problem with the server that hosts my two domains around the 10th of June 2016. I began receiving "delayed" messages on sent email around the 12th. By the 14th, all email sent from my two domains was failing and I put in a support ticket that day. After a number of "we are working on it," "we fixed it" (they had not fixed it), "there is nothing wrong" (there IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG) and "we have escalated the ticket" with no resolution, I called Arvixe on the 23rd. The woman on the phone was rude, and demanded that I "understand" that their first level support doesn't have the tools to see what the problem is.

However, 1. they said they had escalated the ticket, so this must be a lie, and 2. I simply went to MXToolbox.com, a free tool that anyone can use, and could easily see the problem -- they have the RDNS for the mail server my domains are using SET INCORRECTLY. I had already told them this with the online support ticket a couple of days earlier. The woman on the phone ultimately said she was escalating the ticket. Nothing changed by 6/24 so I used the online chat and that guy said he was escalating the ticket. Today, 6/27/16, nothing has changed and nothing is being done to correct their errors.

This used to be a pretty good company. I understand it was sold recently and the new business owners have completely ruined it. I am shopping for a new web hosting company and will definitely be moving. Meanwhile, I will keep calling these geniuses to beg them to make the simple fix of correcting the RDNS settings they messed up in the first place. What a complete disaster these people are.

I have had the same terrible experience with Arvixe as everyone else writing reviews. My story: well over two weeks of limited or no service. It's intolerable. Is a class action suit a possibility?? Doesn't a company that takes your money have to keep their end of the deal?

Seriously, I'd even use GoDaddy over Arvixe. They used to be awesome a few years ago. Fast forward to today... If you have any problems, and if you're lucky after a 2-hour IM or phone wait, you'll be connected to an Amish or Samhira or Rajesh who is most likely a high school freshman equivalent who will tell you they are very sorry about your problems and they are investigating. Then you're on hold for 30 minutes (while they are apologizing to one of the other 30 people they are simultaneously talking to) and you will NOT BE HELPED. There's a reason that they have a 1 out of 5 star rating on ConsumerAffairs.com. If you're a current customer, dump them. There are plenty of good alternatives. If you're considering them, buyer beware.

I hosted my website with Arvixe for a few years and had a few hiccups but nothing major until about a month ago when my website went down. I reached out to support no less than 10 times and was told every imaginable story from server issues to denial of service attacks to "we are aware of the problem and are working to solve it as quickly as possible". The list of excuses was endless and I would go days into weeks before receiving a response to my request for help to get my website back online.

The long story short is that my website was down the better part of a month. Wait. What?! Yes, a month. I don't know who would ever find it acceptable to have their website down for a month. Fortunately it was not an e-commerce website but still important for my client and Arvixe acted as if it was no big deal to have your website down for this length of time. When I requested them to move me to a working server this was their reply: "I see you are wanting to move servers during the server issue. We can move you to a new server. The steps needed are below: Order a new hosting package, move your site over to the new hosting package. Once site is verified moved, cancel current hosting plan."

So in short, they wanted me to pay for another hosting package and do all of the work of moving it over when "Hello, Arvixe. Knock. Knock. Anyone home?", I can access my website to get my files to move them because the server it is hosted on is down. They should have done all of this for me because the problem was on their end and I had no control over it. I just received an email from them stating that they will not be refunding my money because it was more than 60 days since the hosting package was purchased even though it was down and not working for the better part of a month. I wish I could give a negative star rating because that is what this company deserves. Be smart and look for another hosting company that stands behind their level of service.

I've cancelled my Arvixe account due to problems with their service and they are still trying to bill me a year later! Their customer support is horrible! Find another hosting service as this one is brain dead.

Arvixe.com please don't take the service from them. If you don't believe mail me. I can forward all the issues which raised as tickets with them. Till today many tickets are still in open. Very very worst service, I have lost many customer because of them. Suddenly the server will not, I have two domain with them both were down at least 4 times a week. Technical support really I cannot say in words. For anything you want to know about them mail me to **.

This company since 2 years is acting in a nonprofessional and nonresponsible manner towards their customers. Our hosted websites at their servers are prone to their 90% downtime and testing circumstances! Their customer support sucks... I just need to sue them!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Arvixe is a fairly new web hosting company. Established in 2003, it now offers a wide range of web-hosting services. It is best known for offering free domain registration to customers throughout the entire client-business relationship.

• Unlimited storage and bandwidth: Every web hosting plan Arvixe offers comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth, so you don’t have to worry about needing to upgrade when you want to expand your website.
  • Free website builder tools: You can easily build your website without having to pay anything extra for this service.
  • Big one-click script library: You can install a wide variety of apps to improve the professionalism of your site without having to know any coding.
  • Control panel options: There are a lot of options and it can be overwhelming or difficult to navigate the control panel at first.
  • Customer service: During peak times, you may have to wait on the phone for long periods of time.
  • Site transfer limits: Although you have unlimited storage, there is a cap on the size of websites that you can transfer from other hosts. If you are switching to Arvixe and want to take advantage of their free website transfer service, your website cannot be larger than 5GB for personal and reseller accounts, and 10GB for business accounts.
  • Best for Bloggers, writers, artists, small business owners and web hosting companies.

Question and Answers - Arvixe

What sets Arvixe apart from the competition?

As a key player in the web hosting business, Arvixe strives to help our customers successfully launch and keep their websites online. Whether you’re just launching your first website or you require an enterprise-level hosting environment, we offer a full range of hosting solutions that cater to any need.

What problem is Arvixe trying to solve?

Since 2003, Arvixe has had a customer-first philosophy. Ensuring both our support and the hosting technology we provide is the best sets us far above our competition.

What needs do your products and services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Arvixe specializes in small and medium sized businesses. Our goal is to quickly, easily and oftentimes automatically deploy the latest blog, eCommerce, and CMS solutions for our customers.

How does Arvixe measure success?

We measure success by the success of our customers. First and foremost, we want to make sure our customers’ websites or software is online. Secondly, we want to quickly address and efficiently resolve any issues that arise.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

One common misconception about hosting is that it's all the same – whether from Arvixe or from one of our competitors. There are such subtle differences in the technology and service that, at first glance, aren't apparent until you start using the service. This is why Arvixe uses only the best technology and provides the industry-leading support that we do.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Every industry has its changes. In more recent years, the hosting industry has seen cloud hosting transition from being available exclusively to enterprise-level companies, to now being more widely adopted. Cloud hosting still has a long way to go, and we expect in the next few years it will be more stable and feature rich!

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Arvixe?

We would want every consumer to know that Arvixe is here to ensure their success. Like we previously mentioned, we offer an unparalleled level of support and technology that really helps our customers succeed online. Give Arvixe a try for your web hosting needs and we'll show you the difference Arvixe makes.

Has your business received any awards or recognition that your customers should know about?

In 2011 and 2012, Arvixe was named among Inc. Magazine’s 500 Fastest Growing Companies, and from 2010-2013, Arvixe earned HostReview’s Readers’ Choice Award. In 2013, Arvixe earned multiple awards including Hosting Review’s “Best Windows Hosting” and Ten Hosting Review’s Award of Excellence. Arvixe also received the 2014 Hosting Review Editor's Pick Award and were named “Best ASP.NET Hosting Provider” by Windows Hosting ASP.NET in both 2013 and 2014.

Compare Web Hosting