4.0/5 (183 ratings)

About Arvixe

Arvixe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvixe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arvixe?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I have struggled with many of the lower-end cost Web Hosting opportunities and I have experimented with some others. Most all of them make a good effort to satisfy their customers. I have found Arvixe to actually find a solution without quitting.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I started with Arvixe about eight years ago and they were top notch back then. I could get help above and beyond what was necessary to help me build my website and understand the workings of web hosting and back-end stuff. Then something changed. They were bought out and now they are horrible. No phone support - not even for billing problems. Terrible customer service - they either can't help you or "escalate" the issue and then you still get a runaround.

I sold a domain and it took MONTHS to get it transferred and resolved to the new owner. Tried to cancel - they have my account "on hold". I pray I am not billed in 2019 for hosting. I have read other reviews where customers were billed months after requesting cancellation because Arvixe doesn't fully cancel your account. Now I see this for myself. :(

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

After canceling my account two years ago, they have the nerve to still send notice of renewal and invoice! I have tried to contact them, but there is no way to get through to them. They have discontinued their phone service and I cannot log in to my account to "chat". I have sent numerous requests to reset the password and get no response. I have advised PayPal to cancel any payment to them, but I shouldn't have to do that. I should be finished with everything to do with Arvixe. This "company" needs to be reported and dismantled. Nightmare.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

They sell you an "unlimited" service with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth. Then after you have an established site and have spent hundred of hours building your site - they extort you with a warning email about how "you have too many files on our system and need to upgrade to our premium servers, or remove 95% of your files". Their supposed limit had been reached 2 years prior and the issue was never raised until it was too far gone.

I went through all the fine print. 1000% when I signed up and there were NO mentions of file/"node" limitations. In my cPanel it even says I'm using 21% of my total files. I am guessing they are a total fraud and trying to generate money for themselves. DO NOT go with Arvixe they are complete crooks!!! Please don't just take my word. Google it! Many people have had the exact same thing happen. Hoping they get sued for fraud and put out of business. Just scum!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Having been poor, the Customer Service experience at Arvixe has now become non-existent. It is now impossible even to raise a ticket for a problem or to connect through the online chat. If the website is working; fine. If not, the only option is to move elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

DO NOT USE ARVIXE FOR WEB HOSTING! Whomever you choose as a hosting company, just make sure it is NOT Arvixe VPS. The horror stories I can tell you about their poor customer service, their very untalented support personnel, the long wait times to try to reach someone. They even recently disabled the ability to turn in a trouble ticket, for Pete's sake! Lack of reimbursement or remuneration for problems they caused, and on and on. I have been in the computer industry since 1978 and have had a number of different web hosting companies for my business since 1996. I have a ton of experience in this arena, and I can say that by far, hands down, without a question, Arvixe is the WORST choice I have ever made. Go with Databank or CF Web hosting - anyone but Arvixe! Worst. Hosting. Service. Ever.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I was told that my website was down and instead it would show "Domain may be for sale". After login into my panel, I discovered that the domain was expired, for an entire month! How could have been? I paid $96 a few months ago! I was never sent a reminder of expiration. After I spent an hour in chat, they finally offered me a free renewal, but told me that the website would re-appear in 24-48 hours. Free domain renewal doesn't make up for the loss I had in that month the website was down. I invested on advertisement in that month, and my website was down! And I didn't know! They also said they sent me a reminder, but that e-mail never made it to my mailbox. This is not the first time my website has been down. Also, they play games with billing. They keep changing dates and take down payments automatically before the due date. Stay away from this web host! I will switch ASAP!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My site has been down for 3 days... No help from them. I am so disgusted with this company. They discontinued phone support and the chat people do nothing but say they will escalate your problem and it never is. I have been waiting three days for my site to be repaired and the reason for the shut down was their fault. They were great when I first started with them in 2015... don't use them. You will regret it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Over two years ago I moved all my domains away from Arvixe and switched hosting companies. 2 years later they billed me for a domain renewal that was not registered with them. It was literally impossible for them to renew the domain yet they still billed me for it. I contacted billing and they told me they would issue the refund. Instead of refunding me they applied a credit to "my account".

I then contacted support and said I don't want a credit. I want my money back and they sent the following email: "We do apologize for the delay in getting back to you through ticket. I realize this is a frustrating experience. We are working our way through them as quickly as we can. Unfortunately, amount of $9.95 added as credit in your client area. Unfortunately, it is not possible to issue the refund for the credit balance. This credit will be applied either towards the purchase or renewal of the domain name." $9 isn't worth my pursuing this much further but it is worth of the one star rating this shady company deserves. Avoid like the plague. Oh, and their shared hosting is overloaded and not worth it. Much other better companies out there. Stay away.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Arvixe used to be a great provider but over the last 2 years their service has consistently gone downhill. They no longer offer any kind of telephone support which would be fine if their support personnel knew how to do their job or even cared to do their job but they don't. They outsource all their support to someone halfway across the world who doesn't care even in the slightest whether your issue gets solved or not. Recently they decided to raise their rates and bill people 15 days early without bothering to notify their customer base. As a small business owner trying to get by this had a big impact on my accounts. I have since cancelled my service and almost a month later am still trying to get a refund from them. Anyone thinking about using them for service understand that you are asking to get screwed.

Arvixe Company Information